Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody, gang's all here, ready to go. It's the month of June. Does Aj Brown finally get traded today? Albert Breer, the Monday Morning Quarterback, will stop by a little bit later on. Shawn Elliott, former Spurs great now Spurs broadcaster, will stop by next hour.
Speaker 3: You're with us all three hours.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you can dial us up each seven to seven to three DP show best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like. Our stat of the day has always brought to you by Pennini America. The official trading cards of the program. First hour brought to you by the z Cliner revolutionary recliner designed by Flexteel. Here's the problem with this thing. It's too damn comfortable. And I get the back room guys sitting in the z Cliner, I can't get them up. I got Anthony, I got Big Day Ray. They I think they might have fallen asleep. A couple of times, sources close to me say zkliner dot com slash Dan Pattrick find a ze Kleiner at a store near you play the Dapole question stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. It was a year ago where we talked about at this time Wemby's blood clot and what it's going to mean moving forward for the Spurs. Here we are a year later and we're talking about the future of the sport. Actually the future is now because he is the face of the sport. And the Spurs beat the Thunder, they go to the NBA Finals, they will be favored to win it all, and they will be favored in game one at home by four and a half against the Knicks. As we always do, we tend to look at the team that got eliminated before we look ahead to the finals matchup between these two with the Okac Thunder. It's easy to overreact sometimes and sometimes you just have to say, hey, we got here last year and we won the title. Yes, we were taken to seven games a couple of times. You went to seven games here, you did lose it home. You battled injuries. You had depth, but you battled some injuries there going into the last couple of games there, you do have the chet homegreun issue question mark. And keep this in mind because his contract five years, two hundred forty million dollar contract kicks off next season just over forty one million next season. Jalen Williams banged up throughout the postseason. His five year, two hundred forty million dollar extension begins next season. I understand Chet holmgren fascination with guys who are that big, talented, can handle the ball both ends of the floor.
Speaker 3: That's a rough Game seven.
Speaker 2: That would be a no show, and that would really concern me because you're going to be facing Victor Wimbenyama for the next ten years if you stay in the West, you're going to be facing him. And it's almost as if when he dunked on you in Game seven, that pretty much signaled the see you later, Chet, because he was gone mia way. He wasn't even in action, but he was missing on the court, and that was really what was surprising here. That would be the one thing I would look at and go okay, moving forward here.
Speaker 3: He's your guy.
Speaker 2: He second in Defensive Player of the Year, he's been an All Star, and I just didn't see any fight. You're at home, the crowd is on your side, teammates are imploring you to be a little more aggressive, when you don't get a shot off in the second half, I get impossible. You feel like somebody that big, that tall, and you're not involved in anything. And his numbers were kind of pedestrian in the series, ten point seven rebounds, had one assist, one block per game. Okay, you're supposed to be an All Star, You're supposed to act like an All Star like Jalen Williams. I understand he was healthy, but Chet Holmgren's got to be great or at least good, and if he was good.
Speaker 3: They win. But he was not.
Speaker 2: I mean, Wemby didn't have an incredible game. The team did. And that should be even scarier to Okac and everybody else because if you shut down Wemby or you contain Wemby, I mean, Stefan Cassel has been great both ends of the floor. And this is a team that's younger than you. That's another concerning aspect. Now, I know Okac has all these draft picks, draft capitals, we like to say, Okay, what are you going to do with those? Are you going to do anything? Can you move Chet Holmgren? Do you want to move Chet Holmgren? I think you know in the moment we love to react overreact, and I would say it'd be an overreaction. I have to have Chet Holmgren learn how to be up to the moment, to rise to the moment, to want to be great. And I didn't see him want to be great. Wemby wants to be great. You saw how important this was. I mean he's hugging people like he just got married. I mean this was important to him. He took away his lunch money. Wemby took Chet's lunch money away, and that was really what was surprising. But give credit to OKC. It's a balanced team. You got some players that you probably didn't realize were going to be contributors. Dylan Harper grew up right in front of us. You saw actually the maturity of him. Stefan Cassel gets knocked to the floor and he's getting ready to get up and maybe you know, start a fight with Caruso. Harper goes down and almost like an MMA move, holds him to say no, no, don't do anything stupid. Darren Fox rewarded after years Sacramento, Like, they have a fun team here. It's a good team, and I know people are gonna get caught up in well who would the Knicks rather play. What doesn't matter. This is who's in front of you. But I think it'll be a wonderful series. And I can't help but go back. I have a shoe in front, and it's Tim Duncan, one of his shoes that he wore when he won the title in New York. He signed one of his shoes when he came in to do an interview after they won the title. And I've kept that shoe there. But that's from nineteen ninety nine, when Tim Duncan's twenty two years of age, which is what Wemby is right now. It happens fast and it's all about winning now. Oka See is built for the future. San Antonio is built right now. And you got these draft picks and okay See, do you use them? Is the honest the answer, because Sam amok, great writer for The Athletic, said that okay See was not involved in the Jannas sweepstakes, but maybe they are now. Nothing should be off the table when the end goal wasn't reached. Also, maybe there's a chance the thunder would reach out for Evan Mobley of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavaliers GM Kobe Oltman said, Mobley isn't going anywhere. There's gonna be some teams trying to figure this out of what do we do with Wemby, what do we do with the Spurs? Because you got a twenty year old, a twenty one year old, a twenty two year old, those are the stars for the San Antonio Spurs. And I know we love to say, well, you know what, they're going to be overwhelmed with a moment. Okay, see defending champs home court advantage, And I thought they don't know that, Like from experience, I've seen it where you kind of had to lose on a big stage and then you learn from it and then you come back the next year. San Antonio skip that chapter like they're like, why can't we win in OKC. That's where you cut the line.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: There's if you've ever seen like movies or of you know, documentaries where there's people waiting outside the club Studio fifty four to get in. I was always on the outside and I couldn't get in. I couldn't get anybody's attention. I'm sort of you know the Orlando magic. You know, I was like there, but I couldn't get in. They cut the line. That's where they go. Oh, right this way, San Antonio Spurs right there to the NBA Finals poll question. We'll have that for you coming up. Also, Tyler sitting by. You take your phone calls eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Here's Shay gilgis Alexander, who did play well in Game seven. On his thoughts on this season.
Speaker 5: It was a failure, like I failed at my goal. I didn't achieve what I wanted to achieve. But through my experiences I learned the most about myself and I make the greatest amount of increases I have in my career when I fail at my goal and don't get what I want and I look at this no different.
Speaker 2: I understand what he's saying. You're the defending champs, home court advantage. Yes, this is a disappointing season. He was great MVP again. He played well in Game seven. I thought the Spurs did a wonderful job sending different bodies and sometimes it's not the same size that you send out a guy, you know, Castle, Dylan Harper, different sizes, that's what you want, you know, somebody can be quicker, somebody can jump higher, somebody can be a bigger body.
Speaker 3: That's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: You're sending different bodies and that's what they do with great players, and they did that with SGA in the games that san Antonio he didn't play that well, but he played well in Game seven. But he knows bottom line is winning a championship, and rightfully so I understand. Like if san Antonio didn't win, I don't know if i'd say it's a disappointing season. Okay, see is defending champs home court advantage. Yes, you didn't even make it to the finals. Dylan, what's pole question for the first hour phone calls will get to those best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 6: What do you have well going off that we can ask the people? Was the thunder season of failure?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: SGA is right?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 7: They got to Game seven of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I would say it's a disappointment. Here is Shay Gilgis on just how well the Spurs played.
Speaker 8: Shay, you guys had some opportunities to kind of take control of this one. What did you see is kind of the differences and not being able to kind of get over the hump and wrestle control completely away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were just the better team tonight finish and then every time we try to like cut into it and take it sh a old of the game. I felt like they had an answer and if a loot of times you felt like it was a tough shot making. So that's up to them. Yeah, they just they played BEDDA tonight and they deserve to win against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take an ownership of it. It's not on him, but as a leader, he'll take it. And the game seven loss to San Antonio, the NBA has now gone eight consecutive seasons without a repeat champion.
Speaker 3: This is what you want if you're the NBA.
Speaker 2: You want more blood, new blood in there, and you got it. I get the international part of this with Wemby, you get New York City, you get a team in San Antonio might be viewed as an underdog even though they're the favorites, the Knicks with the crowd, with the Garden. This is what you want. You want to have these matchups, and you got it. So the NBA, this is like the Dodgers Yankees last year, Like this is what you want. You just hope that it lives up to that billing.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, the Knicks actually have the opportunity to make a special kind of history Dan. They could be the first team in NBA history to win the NBA Cup and the NBA Finals the same season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Jordan never did that. He did not, He didn't, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: And we were here for that, Dan, I'm glad you stuck around for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wasn't going to retire and some till somebody did that, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: Going back to SGA saying the season was a failure, he said it, and he volunteered it. It's like, it's okay, he volunteered it. Was it three years ago twenty twenty three, Jannis was asked, was this season of failure? And it's different if you're asked it then if you volunteer it and take control of it.
Speaker 3: How so, Well, like it's okay for.
Speaker 9: SGA to say it, to volunteer it because he believes it. But when a journal says it to Jannis, it's like whoa, whoa, whoa, that's for us to judge.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, oh that's true. Yeah, who were you talking hairdoo to say? Was it a disappointment. Yeah, you're right about that, But I do think the Yannis sweepstakes. Does Golden State get involved in this? I guess you got to say, do the Lakers get involved in this? But what's it going to take?
Speaker 3: If?
Speaker 2: I mean Milwaukee needs needs to move on? The question is what would it take to get Yannis? And what is Giannis?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Thirty four? And he's a little bit older than what people think might be thirty four, but to be able to get him for a couple of years, and I think OKAC has to look at this and say do we want this? How does it work? A lot of times when you go, oh, they should go get that guy. Oh Janice is thirty one, they should go get that guy. Well you got to have him. How does he figure into the lineup with a ball dominant guard? Because that's another thing. And if you're gonna go get him, how does that change? You know, people's roles and it's Chet Holmer in there for the long haul or Jalen Williams Now they're moving into big money. All right, Well, take a break. Phone calls coming up, best and worst of the weekend. Settle on our poll question. We'll talk to Shawn Elliott, what was it the Memorial Day miracle? The anniversary was yesterday, I think for Sean when he hit the big shot and sent them to the NBA Finals. Is that right, Marvin?
Speaker 10: It is one of the harder shots you'll ever see because Rashi Wallace, yes, all seven six wingspan of him. Yeah, stretched out and he hit that shot. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right, So Shawn Elliott will join us in an hour from now Albert Breer the Monday Morning Quarterback. As we get ready, one of the worst kept secrets is AJ Brown getting traded from the Eagles. Is there a third team involved in this? Is it the Patriots and dot dot dot? And if you know what they're asking for, is somebody's woop in and say we'll give you something even better than what the Patriots will. So a lot going on. Glad to have you part of the program. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Stu gott Said, Company Live, Cavino and rich On, Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show, Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 2: Gang's all here ready to go on this Monday best and Worst of the weekend.
Speaker 3: Fritzi, are you going somewhere?
Speaker 2: You and Paulie look like you're dressed up to go to some place after we just decide to rest up.
Speaker 11: I'm always wearing jerseys and T shirts and no real reason other than, you know, start the week on the right foot and wear something a little nicer.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, Paulie is an adjunct professor, so I don't know if he's got something school related after the show.
Speaker 9: I'm actually going to a little interview luncheon with my daughter at this job she's going for, so I told her I would attend with her. Okay, I think I look fatherly.
Speaker 3: And then we have Dylan, thank you, No, I think I looked.
Speaker 7: I look all right right.
Speaker 11: Yes, Dylan also shamed us a little bit, and rightfully so we told us all to get dressed up for the big steak lunch for Meat Friday. And some of us did, some of us didn't. And I was one of those that just wore my regular slovenly clothes. So I'm a day late, but.
Speaker 7: You know, a couple of days late, a couple days I just do it on Monday. Who cares?
Speaker 3: That's Friday.
Speaker 2: And Marvin is here in the front row of the back room. Guys as well, settle on a pole question. Oh, Paulie's got a quick NBA Quick, Let's do the quick NBA quiz and then and I will settle on a poll question.
Speaker 9: First down, here we go, Dan, I got a bunch of Hall of famers. That's the rule. You have to be a Hall of Famer or future Hall of famer, okay to be in this poll.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 9: It's taken Victor Weibinyama a one hundred and eighty one regular season games to make his first NBA finals. Which hall of famer played the fewest regular season games before being in his first final? It might be a little easy, but we're going to try to get the first three. Magic Johnson correct. Magic Johnson's seventy seven games played.
Speaker 3: Lebron James Lebron.
Speaker 9: Took three hundred and sixteen.
Speaker 3: Games, and that means what where he is an eighth on list? Okay?
Speaker 9: This second place is one hundred and thirty two regular season games. Lou Al Sindor lewis fourth with one hundred and sixty four games played.
Speaker 3: Yes, Martin, little random, but Bill Walton, I.
Speaker 9: Don't have Bill Walton on there.
Speaker 3: That's really really random.
Speaker 9: Tim Duncan one hundred and thirty two games played, okay, and then third place tied for third. Larry Bird won sixty four. Luel Cinder won sixty four.
Speaker 2: I'd mentioned that Tim Duncan signed one of his shoes for me, and I went back to Mario and Mario said, I couldn't find it on your desk. I go, He goes, I saw the RG three shoes, and I saw the Shack shoe. I go, how do you miss Tim Duncan's Nike shoe right there? They autographed it right after they won the NBA title. He goes, well, I saw the RG three, I said, RG three shoes are half the size of Tim Duncan's no, right there in front, and then you put shacks there, Oh, my goodness, shacks twenty two's or although Bob Lanier I think wore size twenty two as well. Will Purdue was had one of those twenty twenty one. Yes, yes, Dylan, do we know what sized Tim duncans is. If it's getting dwarfed by shacks, it's probably like a seventeen sixteen, seventeen lit gigantic. Yeah, but you put it next to shack and it's like crazy. Yes, Tod, and that shoe talks about as much as Tim does. Wow, I guess we won't get him, will we?
Speaker 11: We'll still not get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Todd always goes Yeah. I reached out to David Robinson and Tim Duncan. I go, We're not getting Tim Duncan. He just doesn't care. He doesn't he doesn't need to do any of this. David's been with us or no, David is. David has always been very accommodating. Tim has no interest in, you know, the media, doing any of the interviews. Even if he's listening, he's he's just he's not interested in any of this he's.
Speaker 3: Got the hot line.
Speaker 11: It can prove us wrong.
Speaker 3: He's got my number.
Speaker 8: There, you go.
Speaker 2: I have his number, but I'm never gonna call him. Maybe text him, yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: Biggest shoe size and NBA history three way tie for first Shack, Bob Lanier, and Taco fall Oh second place when Benyama twenty point five, the Lopez Brothers twenty Karl Anthony Towns invented it twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, could Shack's shoes fit in the corner with the three point line and the out of bounds? How much space is there between the corner three and out of bounds? Because I his shoes might not fit in that amount of space there.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I was surprised that Yao Ming's not up there, just based on being like the largest human ever.
Speaker 7: I looked it up. Yao Ming is in eighteen. That's like if I was like a size like five.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but I wonder what the dimensions are with these guys with these huge feet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, the space between the corner three point line and the sideline is just under three feet. The UH measurement of Shaq's shoes fourteen point sixty six inches.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's got a little space there, space, a little space there. I don't want him shooting the three wemby I do. Bob Lanier was a really good shooter. Bob Lanier is one of those big guys who wasn't afraid to take it outside and shoot. He uh, probably underrated too. Bob Lanier was a and he went to Saint Bonaventure of all places. Yes, paulin Shaq was one for twenty two in his career from three point Lane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Instead of the day, sat of the day, that boss, stead of the day? Stat here comes?
Speaker 5: Here comes that?
Speaker 3: What stat of the day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: By the way, we had Nate Margatsi on on Friday in his new movie The bread Winner and saw some reviews online. I don't know what happened at the box office there, but Todd said that you went to see the Nate Borghetsei movie.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 11: I went late Saturday afternoon with my wife and daughter, and it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It was what I expected.
Speaker 11: There'd be a lot of you know, laugh out loud moments, you know, working in some of his stand up type of deadpan humor, and his incompetence as a father and husband. I just thought that was It was well done, and I'm happy for him, and I hope with the numbers show it in the box.
Speaker 3: Hope you're happy for him.
Speaker 9: He seems like a really good.
Speaker 11: Guy, and he come on the show. He's been on the show a few times, and I'm rooting for it to do well. So have other movie opportunities.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, that's nice of you. Thanks, nice of you.
Speaker 2: But is this sort of a play off of Michael Keaton? Mister mom?
Speaker 3: I guess you can draw that analogy.
Speaker 11: And it's been a long time since I saw that, but I found it very refreshing and it has maybe a few common themes, but I thought it was well.
Speaker 4: Done, well written or not.
Speaker 3: You did not see mister mom.
Speaker 11: I did see mister Mom. I just I don't have a great recollection. That was a long time ago, even though I live in the eighties.
Speaker 2: And what that was, Michael Keaton was great, and mister Mom, he was great. Terry garr is in there when he holds the baby up to the hand blower, you know, when your hands you're in the bathroom hand dryer, you put the baby's butt up there after changing baby's diaper.
Speaker 3: He was good. He was really funny in that.
Speaker 2: So regular season games before the first NBA Finals, Magic seventy seven, then Duncan, then Byrd, you got Kareem then Victor, then you got Shaq Lebron. Alan Iverson is in there as well, and then Michael Jordan was seven years in before he got to his first NBA Finals. All right, christ and Syracuse leads us off best and Worst of the weekend. Good morning, Chris, what do you have for us?
Speaker 12: Hey? Thanks Dan? Yeah, best of the weekend. I saw this weekend Jalen Brunson on the cover of The New Yorker. Yeah, it really illustrates the importance and relevance of New York Knicks basketball, even beyond sports fans, and as a Nick fan, if the Knicks want to win a title, this is the year. The stars have somewhat aligned for the Knicks next five years. Spurs and Thunder are only going to get better this year. I think og Noby can somewhat slow down a Wemby at the age of twenty two for the next five or ten years. I don't think anybody's slowing down Wemby. I think this NBA Finals all the pressure is on the Knicks they've been hyped up almost too much. In my worst the Thunder have only won one title, but with fans say, I don't seem to have that persona as a villain like the New England Patriots, and fans want to see them lose. I know part of it maybe is the Knicks is such a great story and the Wemby factor, but it just seems like there's more to it. I'm not exactly sure why NBA fans are sick of them already and want to move on.
Speaker 2: I think it might be the style of play. It's not exciting great home court SBA. You know, he's out there hunting for fouls. I don't if there's the tune in factor maybe and you know you kind of go I have to watch the Thunder because these are big games. This is to win the Western Conference finals or they're in the NBA Finals. I think that factors into it. I went through this with the Spurs where people would be like Spurs again instead of looking at how great the Spurs were to be able to maintain sustain that. You know, we tend to get style points. There are certain teams that you want to see. Although Patrick Mahomes and the chiefs. I think people grew tired of that. We're really quick to move on. I don't think we embrace the villain the way we once did. Is you know, san Antonio will get to that point if they get really consistent here, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: And if you're really.
Speaker 2: Good, then all of a sudden, it's like, okay, we've seen this, now what's next. I mean, this is how we consume social media. This is how you watch a TV show streaming or a movie. You're like, you pause it and you move on, you come back to it. It's fifteen minutes, as Andy Warhol said, fifteen minutes of fame. And it feels like that's what you have. It's like, all right, I'm gonna watch. You better be good, you better be interesting. And it always helps when you have a foil that a lot of times. You know, Lennox Lewis was a wonderful fighter, he just didn't have somebody so you could have these trilogy fights. I mean, Tiger really needed one, even though he was so individually fantastic that there was nobody who could stand up to him. But like Fraser had Ali, and Fraser needed Ali because without Ali Fraser is just a great heavyweight. Now you won one of the biggest fights in the history of the sport. You got to have that. Pete Sampras didn't really have that foil. You know, these tennis players with Djokovic and Federer and Nadal, they had each other and that made it great. It's a rivalry and that's what you want. You want to have a villain at least I do. I want to have the team that's great. I want to have everybody trying to knock off that team because we don't see greatness on a consistent basis as much as we used to, and there's reasons for that. Players move around, they have the freedom. You can't afford too many stars on your team. But when you do have that magic, you want to see it unfold. You want to see it to completion, to fruition. Yes, Dylan, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 6: Just thinking, we're the like the Tim Duncan Spurs era. Were they ever really viewed as like villainous I feel, I mean I was younger then, but it seems like they just won consistently and didn't really bother anyone.
Speaker 3: They were just boring to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's when your best players. I've said he's known as the big fundamental not exactly tuning in for highlights of that. Pete Sampras, Yeah, he was unbelievably athletic, but didn't display a personality, not really a flair for anything, like Jimmy Conners had flair and Macrimville had flair, even Agacy had flair. Like that's sort of what we we want to see, what we haven't seen. That's why we were fascinated with Tiger. Is Tiger a better golfer than Jack Nicholas? Probably not more exciting, absolutely, I mean Tiger and Arnie would be more of an app comparison of oh my god, who's that guy?
Speaker 3: But that's what you want, like Mike Trout, wonderful player. Okay, you're not tuning.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you said, ah, I'm going to settle in and watch the Angels? Right, it doesn't happen, even though.
Speaker 3: He's great as in the outfield game. Yeah maybe the movie.
Speaker 2: But if you say Paul Schemes is pitching today, I'd watch Paul Skeens pitch.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, Tom, I was more fascinated by Cyprusis eyebrows than anything he did on the court is that bad?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tom, Thank you. Nobody advances a story just like you do.
Speaker 2: Agasy and Sampress the rivalry fourteen years they feached faced each other thirty four times, Sampress one twenty of the thirty four. Uh Buddha in San Francisco, Good morning, Buddha, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: What UPDP? Happy Monday boys, Fama no Speritzy Well DP, it finally happened. The Spurs are gonna be able to avenge their NBA Cup loss to the Knicks in the finals.
Speaker 14: Man, and honestly, DP sneaky bests.
Speaker 15: The refereeing in Game seven wasn't a topic and the NBA got the matchup we wanted, so good for them.
Speaker 14: Best of the weekend, as Shaq says.
Speaker 15: The others showing out in Game seven for the Spurs and to your point, Dan, I mean Dylan Harper is the truth.
Speaker 14: I mean he's a stud. And the Spurs win was like a true.
Speaker 15: And like complete team win and it was fun to watch and I look forward to this finals matchup.
Speaker 14: And worst of the weekend.
Speaker 15: Chet Holmgren's disappearing act in Game seven left me shaking my head. Man, I mean he got pumped this series and Wemby dan is Chet holmgans boogeyman. In Spanish we would call him a kukui. And the matchup runs deep and has history going back to when you know they were teenagers and now lives renfree and Chet's head man not.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wemby does not like Chet hunger.
Speaker 2: He when he dunked on him, it was like one guy was taking the escalator up and the other.
Speaker 9: I was taking the escalator down. Yeah, Paul Chet got there late. He rotated over and he did make a play. He didn't let it go by, but he just got there late.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: He still got dunked, got murdered. You usually get there late. If you get dunked on, chances are you got there late. Gus in La Hi, Gus. Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 16: Good more than mister Patrick. Hope you and the boys had a great weekend. A couple of good ones of the weekend, not too many worse in my opinion, unless you're UCLA baseball, but yes we're talking college baseball. My us he Trojan scoring fifty to two runs in four games. Love it. Hopefully we advanced today. Another little good one of the weekend. My Dodgers looked like they kind of turned the corner and they're doing good even though we lost two key role players. I've got a question about the Thunder and the Spurs series, even though Game seven turned out to be the one that we had kind of been waiting, without the drama, without the noise of the reps and everything like that. What will people take from this Conference finals, Wemby's dominant or the amount of times of foul baiting and everything that resulted in people disliking the Thunder.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be Wemby Wemby kind of graduating. I mean, you have to watch the Thunder to watch SGA do this. And I've said many many times I don't have any problem with it. I know, esthetically or look up what you're doing to the sport or the great ones, don't do that. I get all that, man, I just want to win, and if I can bait you into a foul, get you.
Speaker 3: Wemby had five fouls.
Speaker 2: Luke Cornett came in and had maybe the biggest play of the game, the block. But I want to get you in foul trouble. I want to get to the free throw line. I want easy, easy points there. I don't have any problem with it. I don't do I like watching it. I don't, but it is part of this whatever you can, whatever advantage you can get until I put the pressure on the officials in the NBA to change things. And that's why I said there should be more play through moments. And if you do that, then maybe SGA won't put himself in that position as much.
Speaker 3: Jay take a break. Play of the Day next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Oh My God.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 14: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 3: Check this out, swung out, broken bat up the middle, the dive.
Speaker 1: Perdole knocks it down. It's gonna be a hit. Brandy Scores.
Speaker 7: The Murders have.
Speaker 3: Done it again.
Speaker 13: They've walked up the Diamondbacks for the second time in this series.
Speaker 2: The Murders oh Hire Mariners Radio Network Victor Roebliss. That's his first walk off hit in his career six hundred and fifty career games. Play of the Day brought to you by the folks who've been doing it for over forty years now tire Rack helping you find the right tires for how and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com The Way tire buying should be. Went to a birthday party yesterday in Brooklyn my one year old grandson. Nobody has a worse time than the person, the child.
Speaker 3: Whose birthday it is.
Speaker 2: There's always tears, and he's got that stranger danger, so nobody could pick him up. He's looking for his mom, and all of a sudden you're like, all right, So had a couple of beers, and now you wouldn't think that a bunch of neighborhood parents could run up a bar to ta. Okay, I'm gonna give you a guestimate here. I'm gonna guess probably thirty parents, probably fifteen couples, And I will tell you that I had two and a half beers. What do you think the bar tab was two hours for a one year old birthday?
Speaker 3: Dylan?
Speaker 7: One question? First, okay, two and a half beers.
Speaker 3: I did have two and a half.
Speaker 7: What happened to the third one?
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to make sure that I didn't fall asleep at the one year old's birthday, and it was outside and I was like starting to doze off.
Speaker 6: Okay, gotcha. As for the bar tab thirty adults a bar in New York City, Brooklyn, in Brooklyn, Yes, I'm gonna go forty three hundred dollars, okay, Todd.
Speaker 7: I was going to say something like nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 17: Maybe a thousand, all right, Marvin, twenty three hundred dollars. Really, Paul, eleven hundred and fifty dollars, eight hundred and fifty dollars. How do you have forty three hundred dollars? We made it sound like they were drinking a lot. I was like, I don't know, it's one hundred and twenty bucks a person.
Speaker 2: If they're parents with their kids on a Sunday. I mean, this isn't a wedding I would have. I mean I thought eight to fifty was a lot. Maybe I misunderstood.
Speaker 9: Yes, Brooklyn prices, I think you got off. Okay.
Speaker 2: My son was a little surprised. There was a little bit of a sticker shock there, but yeah, I'm thinking, man, eight p fifty for how many drinks. Were you going to be having like nobody's pounding? Yes, paul A couple questions. It's a one year old's birthday party. How do you go from wherever that is to a bar? Or was it at that at the bar a one year old?
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 9: That's your first mistake.
Speaker 2: Well, they had an outdoor area, so you had to walk through the bar, but you had to have the kids out of there by six o'clock.
Speaker 3: That was the role.
Speaker 2: I always think of that movie Sweet Home Alabama. Oh yeah, it's a baby in a bar. Yes, yes, so I think I missed.
Speaker 6: I think I thought you were saying that they were like, surprisingly, these thirty neighborhood parents were just like deleting drinks at an alarming rate.
Speaker 7: I think that's where I got confused.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a one year old's birthday party. These are neighborhood families. It's a Sunday. You're not pounding from three to five on a Sunday afternoon with your kids there.
Speaker 7: Well maybe if your kids are there, you might actually be drinking a little more.
Speaker 2: Nuh, But oh my gosh, it was My grandson did not have a good time. Everybody else did, but he has stranger danger. Even when he was away from his mom, you could see him like up periscope, he's looking, looking, looking, you know.
Speaker 3: My wife's holding him. I'm like, why didn't you just send him back to his mom.
Speaker 2: We were holding other people's kids, you know, we got to the point where we couldn't hold our grandson, so he just grabbed one.
Speaker 3: They're like, all right, here's Nora.
Speaker 7: Hi, Nora.
Speaker 3: Oh she's not crying, Yes, marmon.
Speaker 10: One year old's birthday parties. They're not for the one year olds. Yeah, they're for the parents. Hey, we kept a child alive for a full year. High five and then it was a cowboy theme. Well, okay, I don't do theme. I don't do dress up.
Speaker 2: And I walked in my corduroys on and they gave me a pandana that I had.
Speaker 3: To put around min.
Speaker 9: Is there a photo?
Speaker 7: I'm going to get it.
Speaker 2: There has to be, I mean, obviously people taking pictures. Oh, the number of people wanted to talk about the Knicks. You would have thought I had had more beers, because.
Speaker 3: Would be late.
Speaker 2: The woman showed up with a Knicks hat and my son goes, hey, such and such gonna ask you about the Knicks.
Speaker 3: I said, so, sure enough. What do you think your chances are? Why do people hate us? Do you think we're underdogs?
Speaker 2: What do you think of Brunson, Bubba is oj and Anobi healthy? What about Mitchell Robinson's finger? I said, yeah, sure, uh huh, yes, Tom.
Speaker 11: You could have the band down in the corduroy because they don't make an no cowboy Fritzy.
Speaker 2: Fritzi wanted to know if the name of the bar was chug E Cheese.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you credit for that. Yeah. Update the poll results from the first hour of the program.
Speaker 7: If you can yeah, then was the thunder season of failure? Yes or no?
Speaker 6: Fifty nine percent say yes? And which team are you rooting for? Knicks or Spurs? Fifty three percent say the Spurs? Okay, Brad in North Carolina, Hi, Brad.
Speaker 3: What do you have for me?
Speaker 18: A bp uh step best and worst the week him where You're definitely best. Here in the Raleigh areas, the Canes just molly wopping the Habs to return to the finals for the first time in twenty years. Feel really good about this team. I think the Cup may come back through Raleigh. The worst of the weekend. Dan Is Dynamic Ticket Pricing public sale of Stanley Cup final tickets for Game one and two went on sale I think Saturday at one o'clock. By three o'clock, Dynamic Pricing had them up to two thousand dollars.
Speaker 14: To see.
Speaker 4: Something's got to be done with anti trust on that. Yeah, well the Knicks, I mean, forget about it. I mean you're getting prices what thirty four hundred dollars something crazy? Yes, higher than that mark.
Speaker 10: I think it's about four thousand right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 10: It's like it is obnoxious, is whatever additive, whatever word you want to use to describe the ticket prices in the finals period.
Speaker 2: Greedy and you and you know, I think we all have memories of being able to go to one of these big games when you're growing up. Like I remember going to a World Series game and I was young, but I got to go to a World Series game. Now, pretty tough. One hour in the books on this Monday, more phone calls, best and worst of the weekend. Operator Tyler is sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Is it a done deal? At four o'clock, AJ Brown to the Patriots we'll talk to Albert Breer and former Spurs great Shawn Elliott stops by hour two right around the corner.