Speaker 1: This is The EDS with Eddie Judge and Edwin Aroyave the husband's know best at two Cheese Production. All right, guys, welcome to another podcast of The EDS here with my co host Edwin, and we are going to interview John Fuda. John Fuda is married to the Real Housewives of New Jersey cast member Rachel Fuda. John is a husband, father, and business owner in New Jersey. And today we get to know more about John off Reality TV. Really excited about that. They do have three kids, Jayden, Gianella and Juliana. Did I say those right?
Speaker 2: Yes? You did?
Speaker 1: Okay, And here's a surprise. They're expecting a fourth. We're super excited for you, man, that's so cool. John and Rachel joined the Housewives in twenty twenty three, so we're excited to get the perspective from a newer house husband. Well it's still fresh, you know. Welcome John Fuda.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, thank you guys for having me. Happy to be a part of the Edge show. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congratulations John on the fourth kid, and welcome to the club. I got four. Four is a good number.
Speaker 2: By the way, what changes anything.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the thing that changes the most I think for the fourth one, you're not as like you tend to leave the fourth one behind a little longer than you did your first one, right and your second one and your third one, because you're like, all right, this one's going to be on. We called mine. She got red shirted for like the first year because you know, she's just we couldn't take her anywhere whereas our first one. I mean we were taking her to dinner at nine pm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The fourth one, it's like, oh, you're staying behind. You're staying behind. And I don't think we started taking her out there. She was like eighteen months, so she was a true, true COVID baby.
Speaker 2: Wow, so different because I have you know, with having my son, Jaden's going to be eighteen, right, I have an eighteen year old, a four year old, a two and a half ye old, and about to have a newborn. It's just different. Like I was looking at colleges yesterday with them. We took them to look at some colleges and it's just like, wow, it's a reality check for sure. I have two different age groups going on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you definitely hit the reset button. And so John tell us about so before Housewives. What was your childhood like.
Speaker 2: My childhood?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you grew up in Jersey, right, how was that, John?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I grew up in Jersey. Family business Italians. We're in the tile industry. I started I was laying tile, my family selling tile.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then I got into the parking industry and to my business and then just kind of grinded. Man, wanted to build a family. I found the perfect you know, found the perfect girl for me, started building the family, and also she accepted my son, which is not that easy, right, but she took him on her own. That was a big thing. And you know, from there we had our kids and started building our lifestyle. Man. Then all of a sudden, the Jersey Housewives came in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us about your siblings. Do you have any siblings?
Speaker 2: I do. I have one brother, one brother.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was it like growing up with a brother in Jersey?
Speaker 2: I have one step brother and maybe a couple of those that I don't know about yet.
Speaker 1: But so you had a big family growing up typical Italian?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, typical time. One immediate brother. I do have a step brother. And then, like I said, but we're not that close to him.
Speaker 1: So, oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So you grew up John, So you grew up selling tile Teresa says you were selling some other stuff. She was claiming you were the biggest drug dealer at one point in Brigan County or something like that.
Speaker 2: Listen, this comment is so crazy, right because when you take like a larger drug dealer, right, you look up articles and you see teasers of truckloads, allots of cocaine and marijuana. I'm like, how could you even say that? Right, I got arrested. I think I had eleven or twelve grams on me at the time of marijuana, which is now we go, by the way, And one of the coolest things that came out of that comment is how many people offer me a partnership and marijuana license. Now, So, I had no idea when I was a juvenile I got in trouble. But I have first right to marijuana licenses in the state of New Jersey because I got in trouble when I was younger. I have first right to any licenses here in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Wow, So did you take up any of those potential partnerships.
Speaker 2: I didn't because I was afraid to after that comment and who knows what would it came next, you know, So.
Speaker 1: That's a valid comment, that's a totally valid When we got into the cannabis business, we had an opportunity to get into the marijuana side, the medical marijuana side, and it was right before the Farm Bill was passing twenty eighteen for CBD and talking to some of the potential partners that we were talking about, you know, getting into business with, you know, they mentioned, you know, there's a little side effect here that you might need to watch out. You know, we are going into competition with the cartels, so it's a little dangerous. You know. It's not like you're not just dealing with the Feds. You're dealing with the cartels. And if you ever you know, if you ever watch those movies, they don't take it lightly. So wait, we chickened out.
Speaker 2: That comment made it seem like I was the cartel, Right, it's like you're the largest I'm like, whoa relaxed there, you know what I mean, Like, that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know what we're gonna We're gonna get into how that all transpires. Because in my experience, you know, I've been on the show for many years. The women will do anything to hurt the other women on the show, and if they can't get to those women, they will attack their family, including the kids and husband, right. And I think that's just low blow, trashy way of conducting themselves, honestly. I mean, the husband's okay, you know, they're fair game because they are on TV, but kids should be off limits completely. So I've been accused of many things, but the reality is, John, that's all they can come up with. You know, it's that bad, right, you know. I mean, we're not stealing money from people. We're not going to jail for a year. You know, we're not you know, we're not the real criminals here. So it just blows my mind how these people deflect and come up with bullshit about their husbands when they can, you know, attack the wife anymore. And I assume that's kind of what happened with you.
Speaker 2: Right they I think with me, you know, I got a scarlet letter, I call it. I think there was a purpose intention to scar me. And I think that you have this platform where people follow and listen to you, and you use it to your advantage to hurt somebody. Well, I mean you've been on the show for how long now.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I think something like twelve years.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've got some time served.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, served my time, man. And I'm at the point where I don't care because the reality is, John, I don't have those kind of skeletons in my closet. I'm not perfect, you know. I've done some stupid shit in my life, but I've never robbed anybody. I've never been investigated by the FBI or even gone to jail. You know, I am not a crook. And for these people to come after us, men who have legitimate business, you know, just want to support our wives on the show and claim all these you know, stupid allegations when they themselves are exactly what they're claiming to be right or not to be. It just it just irks me, and it questions the whole why are we on this reality TV show?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But before we go that far, let's go back to the beginning. John. I want to know, I want to know your story on how you were cast for The Real Housewives in New Jersey and did you have any any knowledge of the show before you were a cast member?
Speaker 2: Of course, well, I definitely had knowledge, right, So Joe bought tyle for me for the show. I knew of the show. Actually, one of my mom's friends is one of Teresa's bankruptcy attorneys who helped take the time, So there's a lot of connection to the show. But frank was a friend of ours. Brittany, his future wife was a friend of my wife. Of course we knew about the show. Was not really something I geared towards being on, to be honest with you, we moved up to Franklin Lake's. There was jokes from people like I gotta be on that show. I'm like, yeah, okay, let me the hell alone, you know. And you know, one day, I guess they reached out to my wife on Instagram, and you know, look, I think at that point, my wife was pregnant. She was home all day. You know, Rachel's trying to like she really wants to do her own thing and kind of have her own thing, right. So as a supportive husband, my god, I'm always gonna support my wife. So I stupid least like, yeah, whatever you want, go ahead and apply, you know, like to see what they say. I just didn't think it would go anywhere. And I remember, because I was eating the bowl of cereal. You know, I was eating the boat cinnamon the cereal, right, and I'm like, yeah, go ahead and see what they say. This is kind of like grubbing it off growing up here, I am, you know what I mean. But we knew about it. We went to the whole process. I think we were a perfect fit because I think New Jersey is probably one of the hardest shows to cast for. So I guess we were a perfect fit from when I was told and then we embarked in our inventure. Man, you know, the first year. To be honest, a lot of people don't realize that Louie used to reach out to me at the beginning. I used to talk to everybody, including Louis. We would have phone calls about economies and business and things like that, and we would just talk like normal, you know. And I was buddies were Joey still because our kids.
Speaker 1: And this was before the show.
Speaker 2: This was the first year on the show. Season for the.
Speaker 1: First year on the show. Okay, so you guys were buddies.
Speaker 2: And I was friends with Gorgo's before the show because the kids hunt up. Yeah, so the kids did hang out. We were friends. Oh did give me a warning. He tried to give me a warning, but it was very, very filtered by the way there was a lot of mask on his warning. I wish it was a little bit more clear, but yeah, no, we did it. And I used to talk to everybody in the beginning and then towards the end of season thirteen and obviously that's when it really parted ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's funny you say that. I've only had a couple of husbands come up to me before they joined the cast. And there's just one thing I always reiterate to every single a one, and don't get involved in the drama, and definitely don't go head to head with the housewives because we have no control even though we're right, even though we are innocent, we don't have any control over the edit, so they're always going to edit it so the housewife looks great and the guys are never gonna look good. So I know that you've been involved and you went to head to head with Teresa, and I understand she was making these false allegations and all that. I can't imagine having to deal with something like that, But that's always been my my take on this, like just stay out of it. Let them talk, let them come up with some bullshit and let's it's illegal and damaging, you know, not true, Let them talk out of their ass, right.
Speaker 2: Well that listen, when I I did not want to really get involved, to be honest, right, but I kind of have no choice but to get involved the way I felt. First off, I have Jen aiding alluding to the fact that I use sex toys and whatnot. Then I have her alluding to the fact that I sell drugs. So it's like, listen, you're really coming after my manhood, right, Like you're really trying to piss me off. Now, couldn't just let me be made a couple of times, call me ugly, call me whatever. I laugh about it, right, Yeah, but you know, once you did that, I'm going to defend myself like any normal person would. And I just suspended myself. And I you know, I think one of the reasons why I handled it so well, and I think the reason it went in my direction is because I was honest with everybody. I'm just right out. This is what you see is what you get with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, no, I mean obviously you had no nothing to hide or defend. Right, It's not like any of that was true anyways. So it's easy to defend that, but it's it's harder when you're actually under investigation or you actually went to jail to say.
Speaker 2: Innocent, right, right, right, because you know you've got that in your background. Yeah, it's not that easy. You know, you brought up a really good point about the way we are edited as men, right because a lot of we don't. There's no control over to yet it right. A lot of people don't realize that. You know, you film a lot and some of it makes the cut and some of it doesn't, but you don't have any control of where they start and stop things. But you know, I feel like I've gotten I've had some good edits. To be honest with you, I think a lot of the truth was told and what I was doing, and I'm kind of happy for that. I can't really complain too much, but I get how a lot of feel like they didn't get a good.
Speaker 1: Adic right right on. One. Another thing that I want to mention about that is the biggest lesson I learned about being on a reality TV show is that the camera is very transparent. You can try unless you're a really good a list professional actor, the camera, we'll see right through you. And there's a lot of characters on the show that I didn't know before the show, but filming with them and then watching them on TV, I'm like, yeah, that guy's a scumbag.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it coming, But now that I see it on TV, I'm like, yeah, it makes sense now. And then if you're at all interested, you just google their name. You're like, yeah, scumbag, you know. So the reality is is if you have nothing to defend, then you're then you just have to clear up your name. And that's all you did, right You Just Hey, I'm not here to fight with you. I'm just here to say this is who I really am.
Speaker 2: So right, Like, I don't sell drugs. I didn't make my living on selling drugs. I have nothing to hide, you know what I mean. Yeah, it was easy for me to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't help.
Speaker 3: But hear the sex toys? What was that all about?
Speaker 2: You got accuse me? I don't even understand how that came out? What's that deal? Bro? Allegedly there's this thread I like purple dildos that was like this this thread that came out from my ex. You know, first off, anyone who has an ex most likely didn't end off in well terms. Like there's not a lot of exes that talk well about each other right now, especially when you get full stole custody of a kid. You're not. It's not like, oh yeah, he's amazing, he's a wonderful guy that no custody of the kid. She hates my guts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So is it is it true or a rumor that she is actually incarcerated?
Speaker 2: She she was incarcerator. I believe she was recently let out. Oh okay, yeah, she recently got out. She was incarcerated. You know, she made some tough choices that got her to where she was in life. Yeah, she was a beautiful girl when I'm better man, she really it was a beautiful girl. But just unfortunately life gives you decisions to make and she made some bad ones and I had to make different decisions at that time to protect you know, the child we had, and I did the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How long were you a single dad before you met Rachel oh Man?
Speaker 2: I was a single dad from I would say two thousand and seven to two thousand and fourteen, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, that's a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, listen, I enjoyed myself, you know, I definitely I had my son and I would go out and my mother helped me out a lot.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: She would watch him when I go out at night, spend a whole day, hang out with my son a little bit, and then go go out at night. Do it. Do what young people do, right, and then wake up, go to work and see to see the kid before he goes to school. Go to work and do your thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a long time. Mine was only three weeks.
Speaker 2: Meeting Kenny three weeks after, but we we did.
Speaker 3: That just happened him like three weeks later. I thought I was going to be single for like ten years at least before, but in lasted three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to listen. I didn't want to rush into anything. I wanted to really enjoy and get, you know, experiment, and I did. I took my time, and I really knew what I wanted when I met my wife.
Speaker 1: So what was one of the most challenging things being a single dad?
Speaker 2: Most challenging things I guess this. You know, he didn't really have a mother to at a younger age to kind of learn some of those qualities that would be the most because Rachel really when she met him, there was a lot of work that had to be done with therapists and stuff, and we really had to get him some of those qualities to where he needed to be. As far as me as a man, by far, I loved it. I would go out, I have my son, I had everything I need to hung out with this one. I hung out with that one and never introduced anybody to my son.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is gonna add Did you ever like use them as bait?
Speaker 3: Na?
Speaker 2: No? Never as much as easy as it could have been. Right, this is a puffy dog is a little easier because there's no feelings for a puppy.
Speaker 1: But that's hilarious, awesome.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, John, so obviously you your family business, right, Uh it was just food a tile, So you you were selling towels for a long time, and it's obviously you your family has had that for a long time. And then you've had your ballet business.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh.
Speaker 3: Before the show came on, were you were you concerned at all that it was going to affect your family business and your own business at all? The data ever crossed your mind.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So it crossed my mind a lot, right, So at first I thought it would affect it. Then I said, hey, it's gonna help because a lot of people in the future field that I might relate and you know, might want to connect with it. Of course, to the comment of being a drug deal to not help my case at all, but that's anything and amplified it and made it harder. But at this point, you know, we're operating, we're seeing it through. We had a little bit of a hit during that time, and we're able to recover a lot because we do do a great service of what we do, and we got back on our feet.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So tell us about how you started your company. How did that come about? You're working with the family and a What did you learn most about who was your mentor in the food A taw And then how did you decide to branch off and do your own thing and start your ballet company which is a very successful company out there.
Speaker 2: So I learned obviously from my family. I had my uncle Frank, I had my grandfather. When I was younger, I lived in Florida for a little bit with my father. I learned construction at that point but I learned how to really install tile build construct at a very young age. I liked it wasn't bad, but there was a lot of competition in the space. It really was, and I was young, so it'd be hard to get jobs. People didn't trust giving you the money. So in twenty thirteen, I said to myself, I got to do something different. So many hands in this family business, I don't see where this is going to go. So I started working, like doing valet at night because there was hot chicks that would go into the restaurants. You get to drive nice cars. I'm like, this is great. You know, you can make a couple of bucks before you know what I had. You know, I had a few accounts that I was running in the restaurant business, and that was what you know is standard valet. Obviously, you know a lot of people are like, ohways in the valet business. They think that's what I do for a living. That is only like the restaurant aspect of it, which eventually you grow out. Now I service car dealerships, we do hospitals, we do residential buildings, and we service not only valet attendants, but we service concierge concierge, janitorial, So we do so many more aspects than just a valet and now you know we're a nice buy's company.
Speaker 3: Well what would you tell someone that maybe as young as their own ballet business, but right now it's just restaurants?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What made you? What did it click for you? Like a minute, I could make this a lot bigger and I could branch off and do way bigger things. What was a catalyst moment for you?
Speaker 2: So I actually I do tell people. I still get people that ask me, no matter what business I'm in, because I'm in a few different always wait three years. Everybody gets in business, they jump in, they don't make money in a year, and they want to get out, they want to abandon shit. The first year is the hardest year. The second year you start to you know, you build it to where you need it. In the third year usually you see the reward. So I always say, if you're going to do something, give it three years. So if I had to advise anybody on a business and what they were getting into, I would definitely say research it, get your technology in order, learn all your local labor laws, because my business have a ton of laws regarding employment. Learn all those laws and just wait three years. Man, don't give up till three years is done.
Speaker 1: I like good advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the number three, the number three.
Speaker 3: What's the toughest part of what you do?
Speaker 2: You think the toughest part about what I do is dealing with personality. So I deal with the client, I deal with the employee. Now there's a lot of labor laws out there now that make the job a little harder. And then you have to go to the client to get more money. You know, obviously pay for more things that they're offering as a law, and that's what makes it harder for fund the equal balance to do.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, is Jersey like Cali, where like the other day I was driving on the freeway and I kid you not, I took a two hour drive and then I just started seeing billboards and all of them are lawyers. Like it got my attention. I'm like, oh, shoot, every billboard is a freaking lawyer like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jersey is just like that, but not as bad as Calie. Cali has to be one of the worst states to employ people in. It is. It is something else, it really is. But I mean, look, that's just the world we're living right, Guys like, look, yeah, a world. I don't know. You both can remember five years ago, just before COVID how different it was to what is now. You know, just being in business is a whole different ballgame right now. Yeah, there's so many people that are going in business for themselves, you know, they're Grooper really changed a lot in the game. But there's so many I would say, migrants and people that are basically going in business for themselves competing and they're not they're not paying the right insurances, they're not doing things right, and you're you're stuck competing against that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the best. The bottom line is, you know, I've learned throughout my business career there's always going to be those that break the law and seem to be getting away with it. You know, they might advertise illegally and claim make claims that are not true and get the business, get the customers, and ultimately they fail because they don't deliver on their promise or what they're selling. Right. So I always say, it's it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when they get caught and their business is going to be under And I noticed kind of a pattern as well with those same people that do that kind of crap. They start a business, they get their money, then they bankrupt it, and then they go up and open up another business and do the same shit it over and over and over, and eventually it'll catch up to them, maybe, like the FBI will catch up to them. But you know, it's just it makes it hard for legitimate businesses to not only you know, maintain the validity of the industry, like the cannabis industry especially right now. Right we have a lot of competition with a lot of fake products out there that say, you know, this is cannabis, and then it hurts the industry. Even though we're doing everything diligent, providing quality ingredients and quality products, doing all the testing and everything and giving the customer exactly what we say is in our product, there's other companies out there that are not providing any of that, and it hurts the industry overall. So that irks me and I hate that, But that's the reality of business in America, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it really is. That you just spelled it out perfectly. Now, there's always going to be guys around us in business that are always looking to raise capital. I always that's a red flag whenever I hear that, what do you need money for it? And then all of a sudden they're starting business to putting it into some other type of their business and stealing the money that way. So I always looked out for those people. And then you get you know, if someone needed a loan or whatever and you can't go to a bank, it's a huge red flag. And I feel so bad for business people that I talk to and people it's like, oh, I loan money to this person to help them start a business, and I haven't seen him return in two years and they haven't shown me anything. What can I do? What can you do? I mean, what what's mattered? Every quarter? You should be looking for a statement. And if that statement is not there, how did you guarantee to your loan. There's so many things that I feel bad for that I sit and I'm like, you loan money to who for what? And I don't loan money to family. I don't help. I don't know. I don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's a giveaway for money for family. You you just don't expect it back.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't do that. Yeah, You'll never get it back.
Speaker 1: Yeh, I never get it back.
Speaker 3: Hey, John, tell us about glamorous studios and you what made you want to partner up with Joe?
Speaker 2: What made me want to partner with the Gorgas?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody says to the partner with the Gorga and they got screwed or some business deal went bad. Right, So I guess I challenge the ultimate, right. I was like, you know what, I want to go at this now. I'm just kidding around. So me and Joe are really good friends. Look, I'm in this phase now where passive income is my new thing, all right. I just want to create passive income. And the way I explained it all I was like, I want to build rivers, and those rivers are going to feed the bay, and I want those rivers to constantly flow. So you know, I have a billable hour river that's flowing. I have a couple of rental units, and I'm building that river that's flowing. And I wanted to expand. So going into glan Slon Studios is basically the space that I think is thriving. Right. Everybody wants to be in business for themselves now, so why not take a larger space, subdivided, give them the ability to be in business for themselves. Now both of our wives. I have people in and out of my house daily, and all I do is I talk to these people because that's just who I am, the personality. I talked to everybody. How you doing? We just start? Had you come up? You know? And I talked to all these beauty exeditions and I just hear the story and I'm like, you know what, this is a great idea. I started fishing around. There was a buddy who was doing it where I was going to invest in them with him. Something turned me off about investing with them, so I decided that that wasn't the route to go. So me and Joe decided at that point, hey, let's just do it ourselves. You know, it's just I'm We're going to go for it. See what we could turn it into. He's got the construction background. I have some of it. We could turn this into a money maker. Why not let's try it.
Speaker 1: Well, tell us about the business. What is it?
Speaker 2: So what it is is it's basically subdivided studios. So we took a larger space. We subdivided it. Now, if you're in the business of waxing people. Right, I got wax. So here you go, there's a wax studio. This is I'm going to give Joe his own wax studio. This you go wax away in there, right, But you want to wax people, and you want to bring your clients there. You pay us, you know, weekly, and then you're able to bring your clients there. So now it's ay least from us yearly, but it's just distributed weekly. And now if they have a client base, they can bring them there and they can use it as their studio. If they are a eyebrow waxer, they do eyebrow waxing, we're tattooing. You can rent a studio from us if you do hair. And you don't want to work for a beauty salon because a lot of these girls, you don't realize they're working for these salons and they're getting they're given all their money to the Salona arm. You wouldn't believe how much the cut is. Where they're all going in business for themselves at this point. And I mean, I'm sure you guys see it. You got hair and makeup in your house every day, you see what going on you know, they're bringing everything to people's homes at this point just to make the money, So why not give them a studio space and then people can come to the studio. Yeah, so that's really what it is. It's basically you've got boat talks. Come there. Now. Even if you're a doctor and you need a strings office comes see, yes, we got you.
Speaker 1: So you're building the infrastructure, the real estate infrastructure around it. So these folks have an economical way of conducting their business without you know, breaking the bank. When it comes to having your own brick and mortar, right, well.
Speaker 2: Think about it. To open a beauty salon, you have to go out, you have to lease the space, you have to put a security deposit down. Once you do that, now you have to do a build out, right, You got to build a whole place out. So if you only need one chair really for yourself, and you have to build four or five chairs and then go and hire and manage employees. A lot of people don't want to deal with that. They want to work for themselves, but they don't want to deal with that. So our salon suites give them the ability to work for themselves, manage their own schedule. Have their own suite and that's it. They don't have to put the money out to really go crazy and build this whole place.
Speaker 3: So is it like a Regius but for beauty right?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: We work are Regius, but it's all beauty space nice. So it's interesting, you know, But it's about trying things.
Speaker 3: So our next episode we're going to talk about what Eddie and I do for beauty that would actually work for us. We could actually go to one of your salons if you open one in California.
Speaker 2: What's your beauty routine? What do you do?
Speaker 4: You just get a wait for the other episode. Yeah, we'll talk about that at the next episode for sure. But we want to we really want to just make this about you and and learn as much as we can about you. John, I'd like to talk a little bit more about the me experience Ed and I Edwin and I Can I.
Speaker 1: Call you Ed because yeah, yeah, so Ed and I we we've experienced it good and bad, and we've shared our experience on the show and with some examples. Can you tell us a little bit about what do you like and what you dislike about filming reality TV? Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: So one of the one of the things I like is, you know, obviously your wife is happy. You see her happy, right, And you get to meet people and you get to do with some of the some very interesting things that you probably wouldn't really do every day. Right. You get to go to certain events, you get to do things, you get put on a pedestal a little bit, you get reservations easy, you get hooked up. But I think some of the most challenging things I have is being a guy on The Real Housewives New Jersey. It's almost like you're a main cast member, but you're not right because you're not a housewife technically, right, But your whole life is on TV, your whole kids are on TV, and you have people that are blowing you up on social media. Right. Social media is the playground for everybody to have their opinion, right, like, oh, you're involving yourself too much, or you're this, or you're that, And it's very easy to have an opinion. It's very easy to have an opinion until you're the person that's being judged constantly. You know, But I just don't care, so it doesn't bother me. But you know, when you're thinking in the moment and you're like, Okay, well I did it this way. You don't really have so much time to really think about the best way to do it. Sometimes this is not scripted, you know, you just freestyleing off the cup. And I didn't go to school being in a reality TV And I'm a business dude. I'm in a valet business and tile business. You know, I'm not in theater at all art, you know. So I don't like you know, there's a lot of things going on on social media, and there's a lot of people that kind of rip our lives apart as if we're toys and then actually in a play chess and we're really not. I don't like our kids involved, you know. I don't like when people bring the kids into it. The kids are there, they're part of our life, but they shouldn't be subject to comments on social media things that are going on that's out of bounce. You know, you totally now, Yeah, my son doesn't need to you know, people are signed him Bilbo pictures and this and that, and then you're trying to tell me how to parent at the same time. No, you know, it's very simple. I don't like, as a guy, you just don't get any recognition. Your whole life is being broadcast and you get no recognition to really say it. I don't even have a confessional moment where I can even defend myself most of these times. Right, some of the other guys can get that, but I get ripped apart on season fourteen. I don't even have the ability to say, hey, this is my version of what and this is how this happened. I don't have that platform. Yeah, so I don't like that. Other than that, it's not bad, you know, it's just when the Housewives says something about a guy, you don't really have the defense that you should have.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's it's hard, especially when they're making a fabricated lies about you, whatever they may be. You know, it's it's how do you defend the lie? You just ignore it. It has no legs, it's got no validity, and you can say whatever you want until you break the law. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna engage with you, right, I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna go there. I mean, I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to blow up and you know, go to the media and tell my side of the story or or retaliate if you will. But it really just becomes a waste of my time when I could be doing some so much other stuff, you know, more productive stuff, then defending myself on a reality TV show which I have no control of.
Speaker 2: Right, right, And then it it just gets to a point though where it's like whatever, it's only it's it's a reality TV show and it's not real life. This is ridiculous. And I think men process a little different than women. Do you get angry about it, You go to the gym, you work it off, and I think you kind of just you know, move on with your day. Yeah. I do think, and I'm a strong advocator for you know, I do think there should be a men's time out, or a men's show or men's vacation. I think that there's so much the guys get along. Obviously in Vegas we had a great time. We get along. There's so much more to learn about the guys. And I think that the guys tend to make people laugh.
Speaker 1: And I think that, Yeah, I was just going to say that the biggest difference about the Jersey men's cast versus all the franchises, and I don't watch all of them. I barely even watch mine. My experience on my own cast is I don't know these guys from Adam. And There's been very few, maybe three guys in the entire twelve years that I've filmed that I've actually liked the guys on the other on the cast, you know, Terry Burrow being one, Shane being another, David deb Or, David Badoor, you know, very few guys. The rest of them sketchy, you know, like I don't want anything to do with them, zero to do with them, and and like, and that's the problem I have with being on a show where I can you know, I don't know these people. I don't want to know these people. But even if I did, I wouldn't trust to tell them anything because you never know what's going to be shown on TV, right, or what they're going to bring up for whatever reason? Right, Yeah, I don't know who. Do you think Edwin well?
Speaker 3: No, I tend to agree. It's it's tough. I think the Jersey guys do a good job of like really hanging out and stuff, but it is hard to what do you tell? How much could you tell a cast member because they could tell the wife and then the wife turns around and blows you up on TV. Right, So, uh, you just to your point, you never know, And I think that's what makes it a little harder for the guys to like really kind of hang out. Uh is that I think most won't admit it, but I think deep down it's kind of hard to hang out because of that because you just don't know. That's when when I mean, I haven't seen it, but you saw it. Maybe you see it, Eddie, But typically once you stop filming, you're not really hanging out.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Again, I think the Jersey guys do a good job of that, but I think everyone else I haven't really seen anybody really hang out after filming.
Speaker 1: Like that was my point I was trying to make, is that the Jersey guys are different when it comes to the show. Because you guys all get along, most of you get along.
Speaker 2: You got to make sure you say most of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know. And in my opinion, this is just my opinion, it's all revolving around Joe Gorga, who's the life of the party, totally down to earth cool guy. We had him on our podcast and We really enjoyed his energy and his story. And from day one I got along with Joe because he's just such a cool cat and he just wants to have a good time. You know, he's not attacking the guys. He's just I mean, he wants to be on stage and he's good. He's got charismatic charisma up the yin yang and he's had your own show at the Bravo Calm last year. It's just phenomenal. Yeah. I mean, you guys are enjoying it and having fun, and I do admire that, but we we don't have any of that in my in my franchise. I don't think you have that edwin like that kind of connection. Yeah. Yeah, it's just it's it's not it's not something that is common in the Housewives show. But you guys definitely stand out. And when I hung out with you guys, gave me the opportunity to hang out with you guys at probably Con, I really enjoyed myself and there was no pressure, there was no like I'm trying to be somebody I'm not and and it was cool. I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys.
Speaker 2: No, you hit it best we just all, you know, we all want to have a good time, not just we all want to just have a good time, laugh and have a good time go home. That's that is Like even tonight Joe and Frank they got a comedy show. I'll probably go there at some point tonight or tomorrow and bust their chops in the audience.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 2: It's just we have a good camaraderie. Again, not all of us, but before there's four of us that have a really close relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe's doing comedy now, Yeah, I got to keep up with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does it all. I'm telling you, he's been doing comedy.
Speaker 2: And actually he's pretty funny, man, I give him that. You know, he's pretty funny. But I mean, look, Joe's a great guy. I know him on a different level. I mean since I got in this show, he took me right underneath his wedding. Could have could have steered me in the wrong direction. There was no jelus here, any of that steered me in the right direction. We're boys who are friends to his day. Just have fun with it, That's all I can say. Man, I have fun with it. There's good days and bad you know. There's some days but the internet's blowing up and it just like, what the hell did I do this for? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eventually, like.
Speaker 2: Anything else, you outgrow it. I think that's that's the best word. Eventually. It's like I would either run in their mouth again, so be it. Like I heard, you know, Kenny and was just doing a podcast running her mouth about my family. Yeah, go ahead if you need to talk about me that bad.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel bad because we're not talking. I don't really give a shit about your people. Yeah, that's how I call it. I really don't give us to it.
Speaker 1: And I think that's another really good point we want to bring up is that the show is a show, and even though it is reality TV, it's still a production. It's still edited, and it's still designed to create a story and a show for what it's worth. Taking it outside of the filming days and the airing days and making this a personal attack on your social media or however, just anything outside of the Bravo curtain. It should be off limits. You know. It's like you go to work. Let's say you're a lawyer. You go to work, you practice law, and then you leave it at the office. Right, sometimes you take it home, but it's here. You're not broadcasting it to the world to say, this is the biggest case I'm working on, and I'm going to tell everybody what's going on, because then you'd lose the case. But the point is keep it in the TV realm, don't take it outside of this and make it that much more personal than it has to be. And I get it. Some people have to defend their lies, but you know, the truth is the truth and will always prevail. The truth will always prevail.
Speaker 2: I also think some people just need to do that to build who they are, you know, And I don't think unless you have somebody to take down, you have nothing. There's some people that are like that in the world, right. I know a lot of people that they have to rip people apart to build themselves up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's kind of their character. But some would argue that my wife falls into that category. But she just tells the truth, you know, she just calls out the truth. She's not making up lies. She's not pretending that. You know that. You know, she won't say anything that's not true about you. She might get a little crazy, but she doesn't, you know, make lies up.
Speaker 2: Except yep, I thought your wife's awesome. Man, I'm pretty good judge of character, but I thought I thought she's a great girl.
Speaker 1: She is is. I love her as well.
Speaker 2: I like them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're very they're very famous on their podcasts. They're really happy with themselves because you know, they're killing it.
Speaker 2: I like what you guys did to turn it, you know, with you guys. I like that as well.
Speaker 3: By the way, John, with with with everything being so divided with New Jersey and you know, everybody kind of just do you if Rachel were to come back, I mean, is she coming back? And if she gets the call to come back, would you tell her not to or.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm gonna use Joe when you're already pregnant. You're already pregnant, right, so we're already pregnant for the most part. That's how he says it. But my thing is, we're already in the water, just seep right. Yeah. I'm not saying we wouldn't get out, and I'm not saying that we would. We'd have to feel it out and see what the rest of the circle looks like. And you know, if you feel like you're going to be in another toxic circle, then at some point you'd got to walk away, right, you don't want to You're I'm going to do something where it continues to affect you in your career and stuff like that. If it's toxic, now, if it makes sense and it's fun and there could be, you know, something good that comes out of it and people can have a good time, then yeah, it makes sense to continue.
Speaker 1: I like that answer, and I'll add to that. I think it's you know, in reality in the real world, if I find out that I'm in a circle of criminals, I'm going to get out right. I don't want to be around that, and not because I hold myself at a higher standard, but because I don't want to risk my family being surrounded by that, you know. And that's one of the issues I have with reality TV is they're glorifying all this illegal transactions and illegalities of reality TV. Right, Why are they getting so much attention if they're doing something illegal? It doesn't make any sense to me. So my answer would be, you know, if we're going to surround us with a bunch of criminals, I'm out. I don't want anything to do with that. But because in real life I would take my stuff out of that picture easily, right, right, Like you gotta.
Speaker 2: If you see that you got a bunch of criminals around you, you have to evaluate at that point and say this is not for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, unfortunately till you get there, you know, you don't really know what is there season by season.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, I think to that point, if you are hanging out with a bunch of kids and you find out one kid you know is stealing and breaking into cars and you're just there hanging with them, yeah, you're you're guilty by association, but you learn as a young kid, I want nothing to do with those people, right, Because it.
Speaker 2: Also looks like on you, it looks back because we're associated. If you don't falk to somebody and you don't want to mess with them, we're still associated. Yes, we're on the same show, you know. Yeah, I hate it. Yeah, I don't like it because it reflects on your character.
Speaker 1: It does, it does, And you know, we spend at least I know you guys too, We spend most of our life being as good as a citizen and as good a person as we can. You know, we're not perfect. But we do what's right, and and that just has kept me out of trouble. And I've not done anything so drastically illegal. You know. God, I haven't got a speeding ticket in a long time. But I'm gonna knock on wood right right, you know, good at night, I sleep very good at night. I don't screw anybody. I don't steal from people. I you know, if I don't like something, I just keep my mouth shut and stay away from it, you know, unless unless it affects my family and and you know, the people I love. It's not my business and I'd rather stay out of it.
Speaker 2: But and that's that's just a man in general. Right when you start messing with your family and you start, of course you're gonna piss them off. They're gonna wake them up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So awesome question for you.
Speaker 3: That's kind of out there. So just because the New Jersey girls are a little intimidating, I think, is there one in particular that you're like, I do not want to get in a mess with that one?
Speaker 2: Interesting question? Is there one that.
Speaker 3: You're just like, Man, this one's too quick, too witted, like too much wit. I don't even have a chance.
Speaker 2: My wife. Yeah, my wife, good answer. My wife would be the one. Other than that, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the Jersey girls you feel are intimidating. Man.
Speaker 3: I've seen a little bit of them in action, and I'm like, oh shit, man, I would not want to get in an argument with one of those.
Speaker 2: There you go. It's funny, man. Jersey is such an interesting place, so is New York. But they're they're very catty, that's for sure. Yeah, very caddy.
Speaker 1: So, as we come to the end of the discussion here, John, is there anything else you would like to tell the listeners about yourself like that you don't want them to know.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, obviously don't believe in what you're here. That's just straight out ridiculous. Yeah. But yeah, listen, I don't like to fight with women. I don't like to do all that. I'm only in a position where I have to defend myself and I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I want not to do any any of the other ones. You know, unless you attack my family, I'm going to do what every man does. It's going to be defend his family. Yeah, but and my children. You know, I definitely don't think it's right that the kids deal with stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's totally low blow. I mean that's trash when when women do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's not just women too, there's some guys that do it as well. But just come on and leave the kids out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Is, it is so but on that's it, man. You know, unless you guys have any questions for me. But I'm an open book. I got nothing to hide, and most of the viewers know. If there's something they want to know, shoot me a message. I always answer everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome, and I do appreciate the transparency. There's some questions that were probably hard to answer that you answered, and man, it's been a pleasure having you on the show. Congratulations on all the success and keep questioning it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bettie, Thank you. Man. It's only hard if you've got something to hide. Man, if you've got nothing, I agree with life. It's easy, man. There's nothing hard about any of that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to that point, I know that there's not one person out there that doesn't have at least one skeleton in the closet. But when you have a freaking cemetery you should stay off reality TV shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll put, We'll put when you're hiring bloggers to attack people and things like that, like yeah, yeah, you got to say that there's some crazy people out there. Man. Some of the things that I have witnessed in the last year and a half on what was being done behind the scenes to tarnish me and evidence improved, I'm still like, whoa, I feel like I'm part of I want to make a documentary. That's my next thing. I want to film a documentary next.
Speaker 1: Yeah you MANU will tune in?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, probably right.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe the house franchise will come up with the Real House Husbands of New Jersey and the Real House Husbands of Orange County and the Real House Husbands of Beverly Hills, and we'll have our own show.
Speaker 2: You would not believe how many viewers want to see a Guys trip. Man. I get told all the time I hear about it. I don't know why Bravo hasn't done it. I mean, it's it's very apparent that they want to see it, so I would just I mean, it doesn't make any sense as a business not to say, hey, let's go and do two or three days of film and let's see how this does as a pilot. I think it would make a lot of sense bringing a lot of the guys from the franchises together and having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that could be fun. That could be a lot of fun. But it goes back to my point. You know, the Real House that's of Orange County. It's really a woman's show, a female show. And you know, I won't leave the gays out because it's a show for them too. But most mature male, like business driven guys, they don't sit and watch this show. You know, most of the guys don't.
Speaker 2: So you would think that I had the biggest biker in ac come up to me a Hell's Angels. My man was huge. Wow, And I'm like, you watch it? Yeah, man, yeah, yeah, I love that shit.
Speaker 3: The wives make them watch it.
Speaker 2: You shocked, man, how many guys that actually watched the show addicted?
Speaker 3: Once you start watching it, like, you gotta be careful, Like I always tell friends, like, I know, you want to watch one episode, you're gonna get hooked on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I do have had that experience John as well, where Burley guys and and even you know in the beginning. I told the story in the beginning of our podcast as well. When we first started dating and we went to watch What Happens in New York and we were walking down the Broadway or something. A big fire truck passed by and they noticed camera, and then they put two and two together and they started going crazy, we love Yeah, And I turned around and I'm like, the Fireman watch you.
Speaker 2: Reality check? Right? Yeah? Oh my god. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I personally can't sit and watch all the cattiness and the fighting and all that. I do find it interesting. It's quite a phenomenon that this show has lasted this long. That's more intriguing to me, Like, how did this show have such long longevity and duration? And god knows how much money it's generated, you know in the last what is it, almost twenty years. That's more interesting to me than you know, who's fighting with who and who's calling who out? And you know who's the criminal this season? You know, it's just right.
Speaker 2: Endless. Yeah, there's always been to be families, There's always gonna be something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get it. Always the stery to tell.
Speaker 2: That's it, man, You know, there really is and I think there's a lot of life left and off. You know, as a photo family, we have a lot going on. You know that they're missing unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So the show's on pause, right your show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pause or whatever they want to call it. Pause.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only hear this through my wife because she tells me a little bit what's going on over there. And then I just saw Joe in New York and he was telling me it's on pause. So well, you know, I wish you guys luck. I hope the show comes back because Jersey is one of the most entertaining, because the guys and the girls are both entertaining, and I think the viewers would be really lost if they didn't have Jersey. So I hope you guys come back and they clean up the show.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Let's see Man from your Mouth and God's Ears, Let's see what happens. John.
Speaker 1: It was great catching up to you and having you on the pod. It's been a pleasure. I look forward to catching up next time I see you.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, it was a pleasure being on. Let me know if there's any questions you
Speaker 1: Guys have after awesome awesome, I'll see you guys later Thanks John, have a good one.