Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Thursday, October third, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we're just looking for efficiency. It's me and your man, NAMG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f. Florio and Lakwan Jones. And is it I think it's Mean Girls Day? Isn't it right? Like? Oh, yeah, it is on October third. I asked him what day it is? What day is it? It's October third?
Speaker 2: So Mean Girls on line out the speed.
Speaker 1: I've seen it a couple of times. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: Quote the movie fun seated a lot fun fact about that movie because Tim Meadows his hand was in a cast and I watched the movie and he shows it his hand's broken, and you're expecting to pay it off with some gag and they never do.
Speaker 1: It's because in real life, he actually broke his hand, like a week before filming. Until they just made a random acknowledgment of it. Was not any It was that part of the script that was not part of the movie. It was just that he actually broke his hand in real life, and a lot of cast off. When they started filming The Senior.
Speaker 4: He breaks the glass to set the fire sprinklers off, and he's just like he's in a tank top with a broken hand in a baseball bat like look. He looks way too cool for mean girls right now.
Speaker 1: I did not expect to start the show with a whole lot of mean girls talk. Maybe they'll make it into next year's film festival if we you know, we're still here to be doing that at this point. We got plenty to talk about on the show. We will have our week five predictions for the week, also have a chat with the Indianapolis Colts Titan Kylan Grantson will get his thoughts on how the offense is working now under Shane Steichen in the second year and what is the difference between playing with Anthony Richardson and Joe Flacco because you can't imagine two more different quarterbacks stylistically, So we will get his thoughts on that. But let's get going with our calls for week five. We will start with the guy who will be the top scorer, the non quarterback will be the top scorer, and Lakwan, I'm looking at this one here on the list and from your lips to the fantasy God's ears, there's plenty of people are hoping that this is the case. This week.
Speaker 2: We need Travis Kelce and the worst way to finish as tight end one like this may seem like an obvious club dub, but it's not. It's hard out here in these fantasy streets at the tight end position. But the good thing is that you know Travis Kelce is one of Patrick Mahome's most reliable targets, and last week it's great signs to see him come alive in such a time of need to really step up when you lose such an X factor like Rashid Rice. So it's great that he was able to step up and have more receiving yards last week than he did in the first three weeks combined. It So I'm hoping that he can get up on this Saints defense because last time they met, he put up twenty two fantasy points, which is great numbers for a tight end right now, this is something that we need bad because I think Xavier Worthy plays a role in this matchup as well against Saints defense where he.
Speaker 1: Could be a decoy.
Speaker 2: He could be such a huge dread to the secondary way of speed, so I feel as though him playing the decoy stretching the field leads the open field open for Travis Kelcey to put up some big points.
Speaker 1: I thought last week we would see more Travis kelce mostly is just a response to the narratives. A lot of people talking about like where's Travis Kelcey, And I just felt like that seemed like they were gonna work him in. Now going forward, we're gonna see a lot of Travis Kelcey out of necessity, right, No, she Rice, you know they're still waiting on Isaiah pa Checko. They know they're not gonna have Marquis Brown, Like, they're just running out of options. So at some point they're gonna start loading up Travis Kelcey with targets. So everybody who spent the high draft pick on him who has been frustrated. One could be where she could have Mark Andrews. But two, I think better days are are coming for him. Well we're back.
Speaker 4: Maybe my theory that the Chiefs just were telling him to take it easy. I'm feeling pretty good about that after seeing last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like, hey, you need to put the word out that you're back. Was Meanwhile, Florio, look you got a guy who we're starting him anyway, The problem has not been him. The problem has been his quarterback. So it feels like this is a week that you can really get excited about the Browns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been single digits or complete like thirty points so far this year for Amari Cooper, and I think we get the good Amari Cooper won. We had it last week. He had an eighty two yard touchdown call back. That was very frustrating watching that game. Amari Cooper, maybe work on your hands a little bit this year because I know drops have been an issue through the first couple of weeks. But yeah, look, he's top five in targets and air yards in the NFL right now. And then he gets the Washington Commanders, who have allowed the second most fantasy points most touchdowns. It's only second most because Kyler Murray and the Cardinals couldn't come through last week. Every other week a wide receiver has just gone off against them at least twenty three fantasy points. Marvin Harrison Junior even had eighteen in that game last week. So Amari Cooper gonna get some deep shots, gonna get the end zone targets. I think this is a week where he eats against the Commanders, And look, I even think is oh wait, we're gonna talk about this a little bit later, But he might not be the only Brown that I took up in this episode.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, this is a week right, it's been it's been a struggle for the Browns passing game. This feels like the week right if we are going on the premise of you can attack the commander's defense, well, this is their opportunity. So for sure, for me, it's gonna be Jordan Mason, who has been fantastic ever since week one. He stepped in that first week for Christian McCaffrey. He has been great. He's been lights out to the point that you know, we don't even to talk about him, like do you start, Jordan, Yes, you start, Jordan Mason, Like there's no there's no discussion about it anymore. And this week he gets a Cardinals defense that has been pretty bad against the run. We have seen a lot of teams attack them on the ground. I mean we saw it week one, right from the jump, the Bills deciding like we're not gonna spend a lot of time throwing the ball, We're just gonna try to run it down their throats. They had a lot of success with that, and I think you're just gonna see the Niners sort of hold of that same formula. Not that you can't start brock Purty. I think he'll be fine. I think the passing game will be fine for the Niners. In fact, I think this is a week that your patient and Brandon I will finally be rewarded. But for sure, the Niners are gonna run the football early, They're gonna run it often. I think if they get a lead, you're gonna see Jordan Mason out there just trying to grind clock and close it out. The only thing that could stop is that every once in a while, Kyle Shanahan seems to forget that he's allowed to run the ball, and he seems like he's a He calls play sometimes like he's trying to win brock Purty a Heisman Trophy. So as long as he doesn't do that at some point during the game, I think Jordan Mason's gonna be great in Week five. Over to the snore, relax, our favorite Week five sleepers. I mean, since we are all things Browns apparently on his show, Leguan, I'm not mad at it because this player appears in my sleepers column as well this week. But who you got? Yeah, Oh, I got Jerry Judy.
Speaker 2: It sounds nasty like he's rostered in less than fifty percent of the leagues and that was me checking earlier. And it's like, I feel like a lot of people are still having the bad taste in their mouth. But this is the time to really jump on a guy that's getting some volume and creating connection with this starting quarterback, because when you look at it, it looks like Jerry Judy is the better target option for Watson at least a team in catches and yards right now. And Watson has a higher completion percentage and passer rating whin targeting targeting Jerry Judy versus Amari Cooper. So you cannot deny the connection that's happening right now. I think he's a useful player that has a solid twenty one percent target share, so he's earning the volume. He has the great connection. So you really can't go wrong this week jumping on the Commander's defense.
Speaker 1: Alright, So I lied. He's not in the sleepers column, but I did mention him as a sleeper on Fantasy Live. I knew it somewhere it existed somewhere.
Speaker 4: It's somewhere.
Speaker 1: I know that. I've said it out loud to people right in a public forum, So there it is. But yeah, no, I like Jerry Judy this week too. Well quite as it's kept. He leads the team in receptions and receiving yards too. Like Amari Cooper does have the big play potential. He is the wide receiver one, but statistically it's Jerry Judy that's sort of leading the way there. So we've talked about Amari Cooper, We've talked about Jerry Judy Florida. I guess we do have to talk about the guy that's gonna be throwing the football to them this weekend.
Speaker 4: I do kind of love the idea of you walking around like Ralphs or something like that and just telling.
Speaker 1: You start Judy, sir, Like.
Speaker 4: Jerry Judy, it's a Deshaun Watson week right like and look, it's a one week thing. I'm not telling you like, oh, Watson's playing great or something like that. It's just taking advantage of the matchup. The Commanders are top two in fantasy points allowed, top two and passing touchdowns allowed so far this year, plus Deshaan I. The one thing I think that gets overlooked a little bit with Watson is that he has been run. It's like thirty two to twenty six, twenty thirty nine yards. It's not like he's giving us Jade and Daniel type production. But that's a free fifty passing yard seventy five passing yards depending on how your league is. And then he also has one rushing touchdown, so he adds some value with his legs. This could be a week where he really gets going in the passing game because of the matchup. And the best part about the Commanders this year is, unlike previous years, they can score points, which means you have to keep your foot on the pedal. Like It's not like you could jump out to a quick two score lead or something like that and then go into cruise control mode because they got guys on the other side and they are going to be putting up points of their own.
Speaker 1: Sean Watson seventh among quarterbacks in rushing yards this season. Wow, So that is a plus. No, it's absolutely a plus. We like those hidden fantasy points and he is giving them to you by getting out of the pocket and running the football. I'll stay with the quarterback and I'm gonna go Trevor Lawrence. And it has been the struggle bus for Trevor Lawrence so this season. I mentioned earlier in the week he had his best fantasy game of the season last week. That best fantasy game of the season net a jew less than fifteen points. But you did have multiple touchdown passes the first time this year he's had more than one touchdown pass in a game. Still waiting for him to consistently get over one hundred and eighty yards. He's been under one hundred and eighty three out of four games this season. This against the Colts feels like an opportunity for him to put up some decent passing numbers. He's going to get Evan Ingram back this week, so it's one more weapon for him to throw to. We know how well he and Ingram worked out last year. I think it sort of allows the Jaguars to operate on three levels. You got Brian Thomas, who we know can beat the defense deep. We got Christian Kirk who can sort of work kind of intermediate part of the field, and you got Evan Ingram who can kind of work underneath and that's not to say anything about, you know, getting targets to Travis Etn or somebody like that. In the offense. I guess occasionally maybe you can throw it to Gabe Davis, but I don't think they actually are going to do that. But anyway, it's well as an option. I guess either way, this is a Jaguar team in need of a big game of a good performance. They are zero to four staring at h to five. I mean, statistically, their season is it's getting over before it began. They need a win in the worst way. I think they show up big against Indianapolis this week, and I think Trevor Lawrence is one of the few times that you can start him and feel some level of confidence that you're gonna get some production out of him. It's time to drive your line up. Presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Let's go to our Week five encores the guys who will repeat big performances from last week and Lakwan speaking of Trevor Lawrence, one of his favorite targets.
Speaker 2: I'm staying in Duvall and I think he keeps the ball rolling. Christian Kirk at nineteen Fantasy points him week four and he had the fourth highest target share among wide receivers in week four, So it's like, we know he's a target earner. We know Trevor Lawrence loves targeting him in that slot. Getting Evan Ingram back is a great addition back to help them, and in the middle of the field and in a red zone. This just opens up more opportunities for this Jags offense to create more schooling opportunities. Keep these drives alive and let Trevor Lawrence try to find something consistent and against this matchup with this defense man. They've been very generous to wide receivers as well to the Colts, and I really feel as though they have a lot of distractions to worry about. If you get Evan Ingram back, you have Christian Kirk work in that middle, and you got the guy like Brian Thomas Junior on the perimeter stretching the field. This just brings a lot of attention to the wide receivers and tight ends to the Colts defense that they can't just hone in on Christian Kirk. So a lot of great opportunities are on the table for Christian Kirk and Trevor Lars to connect, So I'm definitely thinking he could run it back this week.
Speaker 1: At some point, it really is put up a shut up for the Jaguars. Yes, there's a lot of talent on this offense and they are not performing. At some point they got to figure it out, all right, this is Florida your guy here, A very popular ad off the waiver wire this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I added him in a lot of leagues myself, don Tavian Wicks, and I know a couple of drops last week and stuff, But thirteen targets over two hundred air yards, three end zone targets, That's what really catches my attention, Like, all right, we know he can be a field stretcher, but now you're using him in the red zone like this like that. That kind of made my ears perk up a little bit. But yeah, Wicks has just played well when given the opportunity or in three career games with the seventy percent of the snaps he's over two hundred yards. So I trust him. And more than I trust him, I trust Jordan Love, I trust Matt Lafleur, and I trust his Packers offense because since the midway point of last year, when Jordan Love plays. This offense has looked elite and it's been one of the best in the league. And Christian Watson unfortunately got hurt once again. But whenever he missed his time, we have seen Wicks step up. And Wicks is actually on a per route basis, been better than Christian Watson in his career, So I think he brings similar upside, probably even a little bit of a safer floor. And it's not just a one week thing. It's until Christian Watson comes back. I think you could get Dontavian Wicks into your lineups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine hundred percent agree with that, So keep an eye on Christian Watson status. I think Dantavian Wicks don Wick, as I've been called ONWI, is a viable, viable option. I also want to think it helps. You know, having Jordan Love back obviously elevates the rest of that passing game. Jordan Love multiple touchdown passes in twelve of his last thirteen games dating back to last year. That includes the playoff games as well, so you know, opportunities for the wide receivers with Love at quarterback, I'm gonna go with DeAndre Swift. I don't think It's a twenty five point performance for DeAndre Swift, but I think fifteen to eighteen points is realistic for him going against Carolina this week. Look, the Bears are still figuring some things out offensively. The offensive line is still an issue. Fortunately, they're playing a run defense that has not been particularly good, So I think we're gonna see a lot more DeAndre Swift trying to get downhill. I also do think, though, by the way that Roshawn Johnson is in play week, I think either of those Bears backs are startable, especially with buys with injuries that sort of thing. I think you can get both of those guys into your lineup. But you know, everybody who missed out on the DeAndre Swift game last week, which is pretty much all of us, it was a chance, there's a chance to get back in. And yeah, I mean like you weren't starting, Like if you were starting DeAndre Swift, it's one of two people. It's it's either you were desperate or you got locked out of your account. Like that's it.
Speaker 4: I was desperate. I started.
Speaker 1: I was desperate, right, So Florida was like, you know, one of one of one. Apparently that got the DeAndre Swift game last week, So if you missed it, though, I think this is another opportunity to get decent production out of DeAndre Swift. That was Drive Your Lineup presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri. I can tell you break we come back. We are gonna talk with Indianapolis Colts Titan Kylon Granson get his thoughts on what's going on the Colts and that offense there. Stick around for more of the NFL Fantasy Football Show back on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, and happy to be joined now by Colts tight end Kylon grantson Kylin, appreciate you jumping in and Rich want to start with you and this team. It's year two under Shane Steichen as the head coach. You get a little bit more continuity. Things sort of stay the same in the offseason. How much has that helped you guys with what you do on the offense.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, you know, continuing to build upon what we already had going for us last year. I know we more than defied the expectations last year. And I think we've just really developed over the offseason, and I think we're just clicking a lot more on offense, defense, special teams. Like we're just moving fast, playing fast, and we're not thinking as much as we were before. So I think we're playing really well and we're playing to a higher standard.
Speaker 4: And we saw earlier this week Joe Flacco joked about being only eight days older than Anthony Richardson's mother. But with two quarterbacks like this, with such unique playing styles, can you talk a little bit about what the difference is like playing with Anthony Richardson and a Joe flaccom.
Speaker 5: You know, Joe obviously been doing this a very long time, so he's seen it all, been there, done that, So you know, there's always like a sort of veteran presence when you have an older guy out there in the huddle with you, and then they are you know, gifted young. And he's really put in a lot of work in the off season, during the season, training camp, just trying to tighten up in every single aspect that he can, getting on the same page with receivers, running backs, and just being a leader growing into the position. So yeah, I think they've both got unique things, but they both make us better.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask you, because I Joe Flacco seems like he's hilaroy. We see his quotes, They're hilarious. Is he that funny in the locker room, in the huddle? Is he that much of a jokester? Or is a dad joke guy? I think so.
Speaker 5: I think it's more like he doesn't even like really set it up. You know, it's like unexpected. Every time. It's just like, you know, just out of nowhere, you know, Sitney meetings, and then you hear Joe say something it's like the funniest thing you've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how he does it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's like a dad thing, but he's he's.
Speaker 4: Right now, funniest guy on the offense, Joe Flacco.
Speaker 1: Now you know.
Speaker 4: He's besides you.
Speaker 1: Of course, I want to ask because you have made the decision. There's been a handful of players around the league who have started wearing the Guardian cap over the course of the game. What made you come to that decision to do that?
Speaker 5: You know, just with a lot of the statistics that came out about how it helped reduce concussions. I've had a couple of concussions in my career, had one last year, had one in college. But you know, I really like the fact that, you know, the numbers were trending in the right way. And also I didn't really feel an impact on my play whenever I was wearing in practice in the preseason, regular season, and so I was like, if there's any out of protection, even if it's like a marginal, like five percent difference, you know, I'm going to take that, you know, just for my health and safety. So yeah, that's really that all that led into that decision.
Speaker 4: And American Cancer Society is something that is near and dear to my family and so many others affected by this awful disease. And shout out to you. You joined their ambassador group in twenty twenty three, So can you kind of speak a little on what your work was like with the American Cancer Society.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just being a spokesperson. You know, cancer something that affects everybody. You know, it's family and friends, everybody knows someone. I actually had one of my fiance's aunts passed away yesterday from lung cancers. So but yeah, just using my voice using my platform to speak about it, raise awareness, you know, just trying to do what I can to help, you know, raise money, awareness, get people involved, and just get the word out there and try to you know, end this man.
Speaker 1: Well, Kyler, We certainly appreciate your time. I know you guys got a big one against the Jaguars. You know we've enjoyed watching you play. Look forward to kind of watching the rest of the year and the best of luck this season.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, thank you guys for having me on.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Kylon Grantson for his time. Glad we could chat with him, and to certainly appreciate his work with the American Cancer Society in the meantime. That will do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe and Healthy, Do good and Live Well. We will talk to you all tomorrow.