Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, Ryan Gradusky back in the mixed National Populist newsletter is his sub stack plus very exciting announcement here on the program, Ryan is joining the Klanbuck podcast network next year with the show it's called It's.
Speaker 2: A Numbers Game with Ryan Gardusky. I'm very excited. Thank you for letting me in on your Marvel universe of podcast hosts.
Speaker 1: It'll be awesome. That's right, we got, we got Ryan, Carol Tutor, Sean Parnell. Great great stuff going on there. But let's since it's a numbers game, talk me. Talk me through this number. The seven million votes that Biden got in twenty twenty that we are now at one point, it was fifteen million, right, but they had to count California and a few other places. But it's seven millions a lot of votes. And Trump went up a couple million from twenty twenty two, Kamala dropped seven million. What can you tell us about this gap? Because people got questions, a lot of questions right right now.
Speaker 2: I get it, I mean, I get the questions. I was actually looking for the exact number as of today, the exactly because they just threw in, you know, two hundred and fifty thousand votes from New York that it was delayed in counting. So right now Trump is seventy seven point one nine three million votes, Kamala Harris is seventy four point nine million, so she's about seventy five and he's about seventy seven point two. Biden got eighty one point two, so she's about six point two million under. Okay, what that's a lot of voats, that's a lot of votes. It was at one point fifteen million. As you said, blue states are very slow accounting the votes, so it was going to get lower and lower. But there's really nothing left to count unless they pull out a big number out like New Jersey or whatever. But I think they certified New Jersey. So where you see the drop, the tremendous drop in votes is in places like New York, New Jersey, California, These very very blue states, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Big surgeon voting, Big surgeon New voting. So what Washington State and Oregon you dropped Portland, you drop out of the city of Portland, and in the early vote going into election day, you saw Portland was not showing up. So what it says to me is two things. One, it was a big drop of minorities turning up. The reason I thought that Trump was probably gonna win at seven thirty on election night was the minority vote. The Black vote, which is usually thirteen percent of the national vote, was eleven percent, two percent dropage. Overall, Hispanic vote was usually thirteen percent. I think it was a twelve percent. And the white vote had actually climbed three to four points of the overall national vote. If you look at where the votes were coming from, it's in these very, very blue states. So two things may have happened. One, they left the states during COVID and they never registered to vote, which is very very possible twenty twenty, they moved out of New York, New Jersey and California when these draconian laws were happening, they didn't vote, or the access to early easy voting with mail and voters propelled a lot of the vote that didn't shop the second time or lastly, a lot of minorities. And this is what the New York Times Nate com is saying today. The minorities who were most likely to vote for Donald Trump didn't show up. So I think there was the black voters on like sixty six percent of blacks who wanted to vote for Trump, or sixty people blacks who did not vote wanted to overcome with thirty four percent want to vote for Trump, so one in three versus sixteen percent that they got nationally, and feeling conflicted, they chose the couch. I think that I really do believe that they're because the idea that Trump was this existential crisis that they had been propelling and pushing for years. And we'd had four years from being president, and you know, we didn't get involved in World War Three, and you know, everyone didn't go into interming camps and all these lies the Democrats had for all these years. I think a lot of people were okay with Trump being president, even if they didn't like him, and they didn't show up. But they didn't come out of swing states. They didn't come out of Michigan or Pennsylvania or Georgia. And it wasn't like any of the states that were responsible for giving Biden to seventy saw this dipping pulling voting. They all actually saw a surgeon voting. I think that it was a combination maybe of all three things.
Speaker 1: So the number six point two million, Kamala underperformed the white working class vote in the Swing States. What can we say about the role that that played?
Speaker 2: Now, well, it was very big. But I think the bigger question is is, and we're going to know more as time goes on, was how if you look at if you look at Hillary Hillary.
Speaker 1: Can John banjes the better question? Better question? Why did Trump win the Swing States by the numbers?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so if you look at AP vote cast, right, which is the best source we have so far on all the data in the Swing States. One, Republicans did an amazing job of registering voters for the last four years. In Pennsylvania they reduced number by like four hundred thousand. In Arizona it was like a quarter of a million. They worked for four years, actually enrolled registering new Republicans in states that had registered Republicans. One, the female vote was not this month mon like monstrosity towards Harris Like. It wasn't this tidal wave of female support that. But you know what, the polls never said that. The media said that, But the polling literally never had her at a bigger point with women and Hillary or Biden. She was always in performing, but she underperformed even what the polls were saying. She lost. She won women by six points. The polling had her winning women by ten or eleven versus Hillary is like fourteen. So she underperforming women was a big, big, big part of it. The polls were dead right when it came to minorities. I mean they hit almost exactly where they said then already vote would be was actually what showed up. They were off on the youth vote. Young voters did show up for Trump in a very big way. Young women showed up for Trump in a bigger way than people think. Over forty percent of young women voted for Trump, which they did not expect. I did not expect. And the senior vote, which I talked about a lot, Trump wonted, Trump wanted, didn't win it by five or four points, but he won it by three. Polster said he was going to lose it by six, so he didn't lose too much ground with senior citizens. We're going to get more data on that later on, especially as retired communities are coming in. But he didn't lose that much support with them. He won. He gained support in the suburbs, he gained support among minorities, and he gained support among women. And I think that a combination. And he didn't he didn't lose anything with the white working class and didn't lose anything with the college educated white voters. So I think all of those, I mean, those were the That's why he won. That's why he got within six That and the drop of Democrats support in Democratic states is why he came within five points in New Jersey. Is why you won all seven swing states. It's why he's within two points in Minnesota and New Hampshire. I mean, and you know what is incredible when you think about it, if Joe Biden had been the nominee as things had progressed and how bad as he got mentally, there's no question that New York would have been, you know, within a few monks. I think that New Jersey would have been Republican. I think that Minnesota would have been republican. New Hampshire in republican Virginia and New Mexico. I think that you would have seen a cataclysmic election day result that is even worse than how combol it did.
Speaker 1: But I want to ask you when we come back here from our sponsor in a second, what the who is the leader of the Democrat resistance or what do you think that's going to look like going into the beginning of Trump's term? You know, who are the people that are waiting to sort of step in as the big guns, if you will, of the Democrat Party. But first up our sponsor's wide mote research here. You know, in twenty sixteen, Brad Thomas was tapped to become an advisor to President Trump because he's an expert in the world's largest asset, an asset that's bigger than stocks and bonds combined, let him a mass over one billion dollars in business transactions and launch his own New York stock exchange list at ETF, not to mention developing a network of ultra wealthy contacts. But his mission is to help everyday investors in the stock market, using his insights that he's gained and a network of small group of his followers that could have seen forty four percent annualized gains per year over five years. He's now opening membership to his research in a whole new way. Begins with a top investment opportunity, which he thinks could deliver huge gains as Trump takes the White House. You gotta move though before the end of twenty twenty four, he says, Start by going to check out this website to do your research and do your due diligence. Bradlert dot com. That's Bradlert dot com. Brad Thomas has agreed to share his information with you. That's Bradlert dot com. Paid for by wide Mote Research. Is it going to be nominee AOC in twenty eight? Take out the crystal ball? Who's because here's me. Let me just preface this a little bit. I think Obama did a lot of damage. And I know Joe Rogan spoke about this, but I think Obama Obama did a lot of damage to his brand among sort of center and central left people with the whole very fine people lie that he tried against Trump. At the end, it's just a lie. And Obama's a smart guy. He knows it's a lie. He didn't care. He just tried to smear Trump. So he's not above it at all. I never thought he was. But Obama's not above the most you know, obvious and gross lies, and he can't run again, I think finally, unless some boomers start yelling at me for this, I don't think Michelle Obama's running. That's not happening.
Speaker 2: I don't think Michelle Obama will ever do another political event again. Yeah, I'll ever speak another DNC. I don't think she will ever do anything political ever again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The people who've been saying that you know that she's not interested, we were.
Speaker 3: Toed, we were we were tard and feather for telling people that you're that she would not be the nominee and some other political commentators on the right word where they were burning that flame for.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: Oh that is true. So here's what I want to know. Who steps in? Who is? You know, you got these people like Shift and that other guy, a Goldman who are very big and kind of impeachment legal, Russia Trump stuff, you know all this. They don't have it right. They don't have any X factor, they don't have any national level charisma. Is the list really Whitmer, Newsome, the stout fellow from Illinois and you know who?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Shapiro, Yeah, I think that one. The resistance as it is looks a lot different than it did in twenty sixteen. You're not seeing Democrats act the same way. You're not seeing Democrats lose their minds so publicly as they did there. I guess the nervous breakdowns are more inside the house than outside in public. I don't know if you're going to have another women's march where you know, millions of women take to the streets. I think Trump winning the popular vote really took the wind out of their sales in a big, big way. They can say it was an illegitimately elected president by their standards. Also, there's thing called a Popular Vote Compact where these states got together and said, who everyone's a popul vote, We're going to give them all their electoral college votes. I would love to see if they actually They include California and New York. So let's see if they actually give their electoral college votes to Donald Trump. But that's neither here nor there. I think that when it comes to the resistance or the next leadership, look look at Hillary's convention, look at Biden's convention, and look at Harris's convention. When you look at the way they approach the Democratic Party, they really their goal has always been to win over center right, independence, military people, moderates, They've they've made an open gesture towards them, even if the party has been unhinged. I don't know if that's going to happen anymore. I don't think and this is what I truly think. I don't think Democrats will nominate another woman to be president for a very very long time. I just don't see how that's going to happen at this point, given the two the only two to lose, you know, I lose to Trump or women. I just don't see that happening. I don't think that Whitmer has it. I think Shapiro is somebody to look out for. I think Wes Moore or somebody to watch out for. I think Wes Moore has a lot of what they're looking for. He's the governor of Maryland right now. But it will be a fight over the more sensibly approach Democrats, Democrats who actually like look like they're normal, and then that like that congressman from Texas, I forget her name now. She just comes off as completely unhinged and nutty and screaming all the time. She feeds the base like what Corey Bush fed the base and but what the party wants is a much different approach to it. But I would guess a Wes Moore or a Jos Shapiro is who they're going to turn their eyes to. There's not a lot of senate talent and real least slock and I'm not exactly sure there's not a ton of senate talent where they're going to sit there and pull front.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is we We've gone in a couple of election cycles from which Democrat dynasty is going to elbow out the other one to what Democrat dynasty Like there really isn't one in the mix right now. I mean RFK Junior is part of Trump world right right.
Speaker 2: And you know the big the funny thing is, and the interesting thing is is that there is like once and you know, our buddy and cultises all the time, once all the white men were phased out of the party, that Joe Biden generation, the Nancy Pelosi generation, Senny Hoyers generation. It is the craziest people left. There is not you know, a normal one. There is not a power broker like her their in their wings right now. I mean the average voter would still say Nancy Pelosi leads the House Democrats, and it's not Akeem Jefferies from New York. I mean, no one really believes that Hakim is calling more shots than Nancy is, and I think that that's evidence. So I think that they don't have I think the reason, like Nancy Pelosi is still around at eighty two, eighty four years old and still calling all the shots is there isn't a natural successor in the I don't think that there is, and I don't Maybe there will be, but I don't see it. And you know what, they didn't like Obama that much either as being a quote unquote successor because they had a lot of people from the Chicago machine and machine Democrats running his White House and his administration. They weren't like, they didn't think that he was going to be the power broker. Could you I read an article about this. Can you name one thing politically Obama has done since leaving the White House?
Speaker 1: No, not one he does.
Speaker 2: He's all been about Netflix and documentaries and living. I mean, good, good for him. He's making money. You have a nice life. But his legacy is pretty horrendous. When you really look back at the political legacy of Barack Obama after his first two years when he got Obamacare and everything through. You have the downfall the Democratic Party where they lost a thousand legislative seats the House and the Senate, the election of Donald Trump, I guess, the election of Joe Biden, where he had some policy goals whatever, but it was horribly unpopular. And then Kamala Harris, the woman that he pushed Biden to pick a his VP, loses against Donald Trump again, and Republicans have a trifector in Congress, and Democrats have never been so leadershipless really going back to like when Clinton was first running in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I mean. It feels like you have the most wide open Democrat field in my adult lifetime. I've never seen anything like this. So that's why I asked you question. It feels like Trump's, you know, Trump's agenda. I mean, They've never never been in a better position to make big gains and big changes. But right well they can.
Speaker 2: If they can do it, if they can do it, and they can do it. But also I mean, like there is we're in a moment right now where we're at the last act of the Trump Show, Like this is it like this is his last term. Hopefully he I mean, he configured a electoral map that may ultimately change politics in the same way that Richard Nixon did in nineteen sixty eight when he brought Southern Democrats and Neo Cohns and ethnic whites into the party. Trump Trump did that in twenty twenty four, and if they're smart, they can do it again and they can keep it and grow the party in that In that fashion, Trump's legacy to a large degree, is going to be made in the next three and a half years. And then once that's over, it's is an absence of what we haven't had in twelve years. We will not have. We will never have a man like Donald Trump run for and again in our lifetimes, but we because he is such a special individual figure. But the whole Trump Ethos show is going to come to an end, and it is a big question as to what follows, because I would say seventy percent of Republicans in Congress are more like George Bush Republicans than Donald Trump Republicans. We have a great vice president, but we have a lot of people who very much are like build the Wall. But here's my George Bush bumper stick or over under my Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the party, you know, the sort of Cheney Bush party might might have a resurgence anyway. Well, let's not make everybody sad with that quite yet. Let's talk about Eric Adams. Let's talk about Eric Adams in New York City. What's going on there? But first up, you know, the holidays can be especially difficult for children who've lost a mother or father in the line of duty. When Sergeant Stevens Plan suffered a heart attack while on fire duty, you were there to lift his family during the Tunnel the Towers Foundation Season of Hope. With your help, dozens of families like his are receiving the gift of a mortgage free home or a specially adapted smart home this holiday season. Through Tunnel the Towers, heroes and their families who have sacrificed so much for us are having the burden of a mortgage lifted off their shoulders and a place to call home. Your gift to the Foundation during the Season of Hope maybe the most meaningful gift you give this holiday season. Your kindness will bring help and hope to heroes and their families who are so deserving of our gratitude. And yes, they absolutely are doing it eleven dollars a month. The TUNLT the towers at T two T dot org. That's t the number two T dot org. Eric Adams is being indicted by the or has been indicted by the Feds, right, so they're coming after him for some To me, it looks like some nonsense. Now we're saying criminal illegals, which I know this is kind of this is like, what does that even mean? Illegal alien status in the country, plus committing additional crimes. He says he's going to kick him out and help deport them, like pass them all along to Ice.
Speaker 2: And so is Kathy Hopal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so does the governor New York all of a sudden what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that well, and I don't I think that he I think that he would love a pardon right now. I don't think there's a chance he wins reelection as of right now, especially because New York has that stupid system where you vote for your second place in the third place, but a voter choice rank choice. If he was very strong, Andrew Cuomo would not be prepping to run, which he is, and he's going to be outflying from the progressive. So I think that right now he's looking at his best bet for how he gets through this, and I think that it's I think it's I mean, it's good politics, good policy ahead of a reelection. So maybe he's trying to win over some support from, you know, communities affected by crime. And the fact that Katy Holpe was agreeing with him. I think there's a lot of I think there's a lot of people looking at the tea leaves in New York City, in New York State and saying, how of the state that was as left as California become more to the right than Texas is to the left, Like Texas is more is less of a swing state than New York is in the last election, and that elections have become tighter and tighter and tighter every election for the last three successive elections, right for mayor, New York City for governor for two elections, those things have been working in Republicans favor, and I think that they're I think they're nervous. I think they're genuinely nervous. There's a seed change in New York happening, and Eric Adams needs a place to land. I think that's he's thinking. I think I have to I have to be different. I can't be you know, I have to move to the middle in order to secure an election victory, because you know, there's a couple of bole allegedly looking at running are going to be serious that we'll have serious money and lots of money and a lot a real campaign against her if they run. I don't think they're going to take New York governor races like they did in the mid ods, where they would just you know, not back anybody.
Speaker 1: So yes, you think that New York politics in New York has gotten a bit of a shakeup because to me, to me, it's interesting that you know, the biggest city in America has and the state of New York, as you point out, the governor changing their tune on immigration right before. The biggest challenge that I see, imminent challenge that I see Trump facing is if they're really going to ramp up deportations in a way that people know, you know that they're not just talking about but you're aware of it. That's going to get that's going to get very interesting and very heated, right.
Speaker 2: And listen, I mean, if they can go to rikers and start bringing them out, and there's some amount Rikers waiting for them one hundred percent. But look, here's the thing. It's uf Al County before Trump in twenty sixteen had not voted a Republican since I think nineteen eighty eight. It went for Republicans by eleven points. Saddn Island, which you would think is a Republican place, went for Obama over Romney. In twenty twelve, it went by thirty points for Trump. Queens count is more Republican than Westchester County, which I that is that is like you know, waking up one day and speaking Japanese, if like that is unbelievable, that that is all happening. The numbers are just wild. Places in like New York City that I would have never ever assumed a Republican would ever get a vote. Jesus Christ could have ran as Republican and lost. Donald Trump won like Jackson Heights, Queen's That's an area that there was no There was never a question that was going to happen. The Bronx and Brooklyn being even as far as Republican vote is wild and it's all organic, there is no functioning Republican party in New York State. Outside the Congression elections, no one puts money in this state. The media market's so expensive. There's no Republican as being streamed into New York City. It's wildly costly. This is one hundred percent organic, and that is what's making them nervous. And they want to know why why did Adams have a tighter election for mayor last time against Curtis Lee? Well, who I like Curtis and nothing no problem with them, but it was a bit of a joe campaign. And why is it gonna Why is why? You know any Democrat is going to face the same uphill battle where things are.
Speaker 1: Do you think a Republican remember Romney was governor of Massachusetts back in the day. Do you think that a a centrist Republican UH would be in a position to run against and beat hocel Or? You know, do you think that's you think that could happening one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent true. I think, especially as they moved to the center, they're saying in New York. In New York, there's something called a Wilson bakula, which means that you can run as more than one party, So you can run as a Republican an independent and a conservative, and all those votes are tabulated together and that's what you get. And that's often what happens. There's something called the Working Families Party, which is a very far left liberal party in New York State. They never like endorsed or the Green Party never indored dors Andrew Plomo. I don't think the Working Failey Party ever endorsed Andrew Plomo either. If so, like Jimani Williams ran for mayor or some other very far left liberal New Yorker ran for governor. As Kathy Hlchal's moving to the right, I could see the Working Family Party endorsing against her and running a third party person against her. And they actually have registered voters. They have over one hundred thousand plus registered voters. That would mean something, that would really really mean something in a very tight election. If like a Mike Lawler, who who was clearly a very serious candidate who outran Trump by seven points in his district, ran and won in a seat that Harris won, if he ran, I think it's a very serious thing, especially as Long Island's becoming red red red. You know, Queens is close to forty percents Daden Island is the most second most red county in all the mid Atlantic outside of Ocean County. New Jersey and upstate is bloining a little bit, but it's a lot of mixed manhatmites moving up there, so you never know. I mean, it's a far different thing of New York City is changing in a way that makes it much more competitive than the state is changing to.
Speaker 1: So, I mean it sounds like just to close us up here, Ryan, the sense of political devastation that some of us believe the Democrats must be feeling. They are kind of feeling it right now. I mean that things are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going through a social thing. Listen, seven years of saying the most insane things did not work for them. Boys can be girls in preschool, they all can play sports together, and then we'll do Black Lives Matter, and then we'll do DEI and no one gets grades and no one gets policed, and everything's gonna be the most wonderful, happy, magical place. It didn't really work for them. So now you're sitting here and seeing a bunch of Democrats saying, hey, let's do something different, Let's find that sweet spot. Is it? Like John Fetterman, who is moderated on a lot of things. Is it just being pro Israel like Richie Torres is doing. Is it doing some kind of immigration enforcement? Is it the girls and boys sports like Seth Mouland from Massachusetts is doing. They're all looking for how do I get back to the middle by cutting off these very insane fringe parts of the Democratic Party? Is is that going to cost you more than when? And they're all taking a different approach to it to find themselves where they should be because they lost their minds in twenty twenty and now they're waking up to smell the coffee.
Speaker 1: Our sponsor here is done with debt. Look, costs are still really high. Trump's coming in is going to do good things, But in the meantime, you're still paying for all that overspending at the pump at the grocery store, and there's a growing stack of unpaid bills that are really affecting millions of Americans day in and day out. That's why Dumb with Debt created new aggressive strategies designed to get you out of debt permanently without bankruptcy or loans. Dumb with Debt stands between you and bill collectors. They negotiate with your creditors to write off balances, cut interest, and stop penalties. They have a plan to put more money in your pocket. Month one and Dumb with Debt is accepting new clients right now, but you need to hurry because some of their debt strategies are time sensitive and you don't want to miss out. Let done with debt help you make your money yours again? Is it done with debt dot Com? Or call eight at eight three two two ten fifty four right now chat with one of their debt relief strategists for free. Go to done with debt dot Com. That's done with debt dot Com. Ryan. When does the Numbers Game with Ryan Grodski launch on the network. Everyone's very excited. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: You know, well, January twenty twenty five. I don't know the exact date yet, but it is coming next month and a half, so we'll not in a month, in one month, so I will infront one month that it was there. But yeah, in one month and January twenty twenty five, it's a numbers game that Ryan Gourdeski comes out our first episode. I believe we are going to discuss what is a new swing district? What are the new areas that change because of this election? And I will go break down numbers every week. I'm going to have a new piece of data that everyone should hear about and know about, and I will dive into it. It'll be political, it'll be economic, it'll be cultural, and it will be the thing that you should know about.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Ryan or Dusk everybody. Ryan, thanks so much, Thank you,