Speaker 1: I don't know about you, but I'm really trying to be at a vacation mode. But the problem with that is then it's noon and I'm like, who wants a cocktail?
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 3: Tie dog, I look tired.
Speaker 2: Oh you're tired.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what you're doing. You are catching up. Although I don't know why you're not sleeping. She just aerin just before we jumped on here. She just said she's not sleeping very well. As we enter our first official week of being off, why do you think you're not sleeping?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, the story is still an issue, and we've talked to a lot of people about like getting the surgery for him to help it.
Speaker 3: It's just not great. And I it's.
Speaker 4: Funny the more and more you're talking to couples in the streets, the more and more people deal with this, and people sleep in other rooms and I'm not doing that yet, and I kind of.
Speaker 3: Don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I don't want it.
Speaker 2: So for those of you that don't know, you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to get surgery is a snore.
Speaker 1: Steve also is a snore. He uses this stuff called I hate the.
Speaker 2: Name, it's terra. I'm going to call it the name.
Speaker 1: He just has this tape that he puts over his mouth that actually is very helpful. I totally noticed when he doesn't use it, So that's fine, but I get it. Man, snoring is so especially it's like once once you know what's happening. And the elbows, it's also not fair for them either, like just being like shoving at night every five seconds. All right, Well, what's the surgery consists of? Is it really invasive?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, but I just feel bad.
Speaker 4: Like so, he's obviously broken his nose several times he went and got checked out and or like you know, playing your sport, and this is a common thing with you guys. And we just picked some cracks in his nose and that would help him breathe a little better.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: It sounds easy, but it's also kind of like a semi not a nose job, but it's like a deviated septum crack in your note. I don't even know. I'm probably speaking out a tune. He broke his nose. I don't know, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: I just I'm getting at the sleeping in other rooms sing and I'm not either. This is when I didn't like the people I was with. I was always advocating, like, oh yeah, I actually want my own house. I don't even want to live in the same house as the person that should have been the first fucking sun I didn't like the person.
Speaker 2: I like sleeping.
Speaker 1: I want to like I like sleep like Steve and I like sleep like fully together.
Speaker 2: It's almost annoying.
Speaker 1: It's like leg over each other, like I'm like, oh yeah, I like sleeping, and I feel safer too that way.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wouldn't want to sleep in another room.
Speaker 4: I just also feel like there's so much time we spend a part with our jobs, like six months out of the year that yeah, I'm not interested in the not sharing beds or sharing a room, so whatever, we'll figure it out. I just need to sleep. I need to sleep.
Speaker 1: You also have a child, your schedule? What time do you wake up every morning with him? So he goes to bed seven to seven, which is amazing. I usually like to be up by like six six thirty so I can be ready to go for him and if there's anything I need to get done before I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean we were never people that like we because I mean I don't have a baby, but dogs like dogs need my dogs.
Speaker 2: Like around six.
Speaker 1: Thirty, I hear willis like trancing around with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he wants to go out.
Speaker 1: I've never been a person that like really slept in, but yeah, once you have a kid, like that's a whole difference, like you're up.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 4: And I don't know about Steve, but Jarrett can really sleep in, Like he can sleep in till eleven or twelve if you leave him alone.
Speaker 1: We talked about this the other day at the super Bowl when we're tiptoeing around to get ready for the super Bowl because podcast plus ones over there we're sleeping in. Also this if I have to hear one more day about this podcast. I went to go get coffee in town today and sweet Erica, who works at the coffee shop owns the shop, goes I.
Speaker 2: Heard Steve is starting a podcast.
Speaker 1: I go, no, he's not actually starting a podcast, But I swear to God these two and there's deep centers allicle today that Taylor Swift is the guest. Okay, relax, see Jared, you guys are adorable. If you actually do this, then I'll win the lottery. There's no way they follow up on this, but anyways, it's over all.
Speaker 2: Right, it's sober.
Speaker 1: We are in our first Okay, let's we just mentioned we have been off for a week now.
Speaker 2: We talked to the other day on the phone. We were just acting, not acting.
Speaker 1: We were discussing how the super Bowl felt like a month ago. So it's a week back into re entry. I am full ranch mode. You're giving yourself a minute and a beat to relax with your husband.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And then when people this is what I love, like, oh well it's the off season, what are you gonna do? And I'm like, We're already back doing stuff in two weeks, you and I. And that's where I need to remind myself that we are very lucky. We have opportunities and like great things. We're looking forward to going to Tampa and all that stuff. But I'm really I don't know about you, but I'm really trying to like be in a vacation mode. But the problem with that is then it's noon, and I'm like, who wants a cocktail?
Speaker 4: And I'm like saying, oh, it's more being you told me to put Bailey's in my coffee. I know I had a beer at lunch today. I just I'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: There is a Corge light in my coffee. I want a coffee right now with Baileys. But I I work so hard on working out. It makes me happy and all that I have taken a beat off, but it is now like comfort food and beer and wine and tequila.
Speaker 4: Girl, I'm mixed in a salad today and I thought I was like so proud of myself.
Speaker 1: I know we're gonna let ourselves have at least two weeks of doing whatever we want and not feeling guilty about it.
Speaker 2: I think that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you guys listening do this where it's like I feel guilty if I'm just being much lazy, or if you don't work out, or if you're going to have a drink at nine am or whatever. And I need to stop thinking like that, because we do work hard. We throw ourselves into our fashion, and so we need to like not feel bad if we're going to.
Speaker 4: Do it now, I know, but I really am like getting after it.
Speaker 2: Yeah true.
Speaker 4: My getting after it is two drinks at dinner, like a drink at lunch, and I'm just like, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: I not me.
Speaker 1: Like, here's the problem with being home home on the range out here is that because I'm actually doing stuff, like we're putting together or like building this other little like shed thing, we're doing all this eff so like you're doing work. So I'm cracking open the fricking beers or the twist. I'm gonna tell you, ever have one of those twisted teas. This is not an ad, but I wish it would.
Speaker 3: I feel like it'd be too sweet for me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I love me some twisted tea.
Speaker 1: It's half whatever it is, must be vodka maybe, or it's like it's like an ornold palmer with vodka.
Speaker 2: I guess it's what it is. It is so good. And here's the problem.
Speaker 1: You throw some of those back and you don't realize you're getting twisted until all of a sudden you're.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa here am I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, seriously, but it's good.
Speaker 1: And that's the fun part too, where it's like when you're out working and you're like, I don't know. I feel like somehow I'm justifying instead of just sitting around, So fuck it, I'm not gonna feel guilty.
Speaker 2: So yeah, re entries going well, although I gotta tell you, here's the only thing.
Speaker 1: He's going to hear this and I don't care or there's gonna be a headline that he then sends to me. How about when we talked about not getting married. His friends are so funny. They send him these headlines like Carissa turns down proposal to Stephen Canderry and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, okay headline.
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, well my friends, you know. I'm like, Steve, you didn't actually propose. Relax, okay, But we are just here by it. I feel like we're on Survivor and him and I are the only people on the island, and I'm going to kill each other first me some Tommy. But at some point it's like every day for two weeks, just the same person I put down right and one week down. I haven't been alone, like by myself, Like I want to watch the shows. Like the other day I turned on the Kardashians and he walked in and go and walked out and I'm like, no, I want to watch what I want to watch. I don't want to be judged for the shows the music. And that's like I was listening to like Cameron Marlowe this new country or is it not new?
Speaker 2: But he's a country singer.
Speaker 1: I like you, and he goes, oh god, you have every song on repeat, and I'm like, you're on repeat. You are on repeat every day my life. Go find something else to do. I need a loan time.
Speaker 2: And I love him so much, but I'm like, so, how's it going.
Speaker 3: I get it. I feel like we are trying.
Speaker 4: You're treading lightly over here because I was in such a mood at super Bowl, not like pissed off or anything.
Speaker 3: But it's like, hey, don't piss me off.
Speaker 4: I need to get out of my way. So I feel like both sides are treading lightly to kind of it's like it's what you posted of your dogs the other day, kind of playing with each other and being.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, like which one's gonna go?
Speaker 1: Or it's like are we on the verge of like we're playing or we're about to get in a fight, Like which one is it? Because that's the thing I know, I said it last week. But like sweet Steve and Jarrett have been they know during the season, they know during the season, like we always have that, like we're working, we're working, and now in our even limited time off, we're not working, so we don't really have the excuse to be like leave us alone or be bitchy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, So re entry is going great. It actually is fine. I just need to like re entry, this is this is my hour. Did you ever have that? Did your parents ever do this when you were growing up? My mom used dous all the time that I'd have to go into my room and have quiet time for an hour.
Speaker 3: Like I talked to her, I love it alone.
Speaker 1: She's like, go use your imagination, go play dolls, go play barbies, like leave me alone for an hour.
Speaker 2: And I feel like maybe I my child steed the.
Speaker 3: Way a person needs it they do.
Speaker 1: He walks in with his laptop and I'm like, WHOA, not that much alone time?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: AnyWho?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, all right, everybody get it together. Okay, we have some great headlines that we would love to rip through because welcome to our off season.
Speaker 2: We actually get to pay attention to things other than sports.
Speaker 1: Although the first headline still involves one of our favorites, Saquon Barkley gives each of his linemen a truck full of beer. Earlier this week, Barkley and Jalen Hurts form by the Tonight Show. Saquon told Tonight's show that if he was going on the show, his offensive linement needed to come as well. I also need to interject here. Did you see that clip where he pulled the ball boy out?
Speaker 2: I know you. Did you have the parade?
Speaker 1: I think the dream it's everything right For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, Seque's going and high fiving people that were at the parade in Philly. He recognizes the ball boy and he's like, wait, why are you not here? Obviously the boy was probably like I wasn't allowed to go over there. He lifts him up and then puts him, you know, in with them to celebrate, and it's just so sweet. So the gist of this is that saque wouldn't go on The Tonight Show without his offensive line and then gifts them bud light loaded with ninety cases of beer each. You know, it's just great because think about that, like, it's so easy for people to be individuals, and he's not. He's like my success. I think he also said that he if there was ever I don't maybe he didn't say it, but if there was ever a statue directed of him, that he'd want it to be with his offensive linemantal.
Speaker 2: I just love it.
Speaker 3: I just love him. I loved as part of this, Go bud light. This was so cute. You just said it.
Speaker 4: In ninety cases of beer, with each case holding twenty four cans. That's twenty one hundred and sixty cans, or nearly one for every yard Barkley gained in the regular season. Go credit, Like that was so cute. Wait, though, did you see from that parade? I couldn't get enough of it. I adore that team. Howie Roseman gashed in the head, Oh my god, because the fans were probably throwing them beers, like that's the way to do. I know when the parades that they had for this Stanley Cup, like they're trying to throw the guy's.
Speaker 3: Beers and then they chug them and it's.
Speaker 4: Like, gosh, oh my god, that was like a severe gash. And then Cooper de Jean got one too.
Speaker 1: I think, oh did he I didn't see that one, but yeah, Howie Roseman, what did g And then he also was like fuck it and just continues to like.
Speaker 3: Leave for this team.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a nice scar. Oh that's a good story. Though. I got hit in the head at the Super Bowl parade from a beer.
Speaker 4: Did you see the fan that was just vomiting over like some sort of like security line and was still doing the.
Speaker 3: Chant as he was puking, Like.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: But that's fantiords Man, so so good. All right, this is a good one. Lay it scrolled down. Okay, what is phobo? Experts reveal how to battle the latest anxiety inducing trend. I seem to have every sort of anxiety inducing trend. Forget fear of missing out. The latest anxiety inducing trend is phobo fear of a better option. In other words, people are constantly.
Speaker 3: Oh, Chris, I don't know this word. Where are we ruminating?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: We get it on the what if, the anxiety that something better will come along, which makes it undesirable to commit to existing choices when making a decision.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you have to make yourself nuts doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I've been reading that book that Mel Robbins book that everyone's reading, which there's a reason that everyone's writing it.
Speaker 2: It's called let Them. The premise is if you're not.
Speaker 1: Invited to a party and everybody else's let them, let them have their party. Like, don't spend energy on things that you can't control. It was an idea that she was talking about. Her son was going to prom and or whatever homecoming and he didn't have a restaurant booked, and he didn't have the car booked, and he didn't have a carissage for his day. He didn't have all these things, and she was like freaking out about it, and finally her daughter says to her, like, let him, Like if he doesn't have a reservation, like then he's not going to have a reservation. Or if he doesn't have a carssage, then he's not going to have one. Like the mom's anxiety over her kid not having stuff is not going to make it better. If anything, the kid was like, Mom, leave me the fuck alone kind.
Speaker 2: Of a thing.
Speaker 1: So that idea in life that it's like, if you don't have and I'm really really trying to do this, I need to practice what it is that I preach in terms of like Steve is so laid back about stuff and he doesn't stress. He doesn't stress over the small stuff. And I didn't even know that I was a micromanager until you get around somebody that's not and his ability to do it so uh, like the aforementioned projects that we're working on, I'm like, yeah, but if we don't do this now and then and then if it rains, and it's just like and he's like okay, then it rains and it gets wet, like what's the big deal? Like I worry about things that I can't control, and I'm trying to be better about that because I do feel like I stress about stuff that I don't need to and I don't. It's getting more and more. I used to be super laid back, and now it's just like this. I don't know, it's because he's so way back. Yeah, I want to you know, who I want to be. I want to be the person that's like what fuck it? And I and I.
Speaker 3: Know really like off fuck it though, like who are people? Okay? But and I love Steve, it's just about to be something so terrible.
Speaker 4: Give me an off fuck it person that's I'm not saying this about Steve, So get that out of the way, because he is off fuck it.
Speaker 3: But he's also really really, really really motivated.
Speaker 4: Who is an absolute awe effort and it's super.
Speaker 3: I know, no, I know, I know who, I know.
Speaker 1: It's like finding it's striking that balance. You want to name, you want to name, you want to name? Send a fucking rella. Anybody knows, pretty woman, stay with us.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll give a guy that's super laid back, but it's suber successful and Travis Kelsey, Michael.
Speaker 1: Street hand, Oh yeah, Eron, did you have a clip that I posted of him?
Speaker 2: So we were you know how send that to me? I will.
Speaker 3: What was happening? I saw it quick.
Speaker 2: So the side.
Speaker 1: Agents here is during the Super Bowl, So all of us are in a green room, right, So we're at obviously we're at the stadium because the boys are going to go out and do uh uh halftime. So we're all back in the green room and there's like two rows of chairs. So all the boys in the front, Terry Howie, Jimmy Gronk, Us in the back, Charles Jewels, shregs.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I had this moment and I took this picture of like all of them sitting there. I never take for granted, like you know, and I don't know if Jimmy is retiring or what he's doing, but like, I just have these moments where I'm like, these are people that like I are my family, are your family, and just sitting there and watching maybe what could be our last super Bowl altogether.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just like got a little emotional.
Speaker 1: But I have this thing where when I'm doing updates and I see Aaron come on, I always film it, like I just become a proud friend and like film it and I just want to like support her. So I had my phone out to film you doing your halftime hit, and Stray had just walked over and he was like eating his hamburger and he saw me filming, and so he like gives Aaron these like air kisses and then does this like little dance thing basically just like also saying how proud of you he was, and it was really sweet. But anyways, I don't know why we brought the oh because that's.
Speaker 4: Successful and success laid back and super lazy he is, but he isn't like not I don't know, he's not laid back with his success. I mean, he's never not working. I know how laid back that is.
Speaker 2: But he makes it look he makes it look effortless.
Speaker 3: Effortless.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why we think it's you know, I mean, I think that's with anything. I guess that's even with athletes, when they make things look so easy, but you know how much work goes into it that I don't know. This is a whole like tangent, but I don't know. I just I want to be that person that doesn't stress about all the little things. I don't because it's also fucking annoying, like if I used to sleep, yeah, or like if I'm if I hear myself bitch about these little things, if I'm my partner, you know those things where they're like, fuck, she's nagging again, or she is. It's like, I don't want to be that person. I want to be the person that like when Steve goes away and let's whatever, a guy with the boys, and he's like, hers is so chill, she didn't care.
Speaker 2: He ain't saying that about me. Uh uh. He's like, oh fuck, what's she good? And I know he doesn't talk a ship.
Speaker 3: First weekend away I ever had with Jarrett. He was like, God, you're so easy going.
Speaker 2: I was like, got it fooled? That's it the book?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Should we try it for a week?
Speaker 4: I need to calm down. I do I pen the name, I just do. I just am like, here's an example. And I don't know if this is OCD or what the hell it is, but like, we had friends staying here. If it was you staying here, it'd be the same way. It was very concerned about the air temperature because they made a big deal about how they had to It wasn't a big deal, but they stated they like it at sixty eight, they sleep good at sixty eight.
Speaker 3: I'm like, worried all fucking night. What if it's at sixty eight?
Speaker 1: Your people so though, well, that's because you want to make sure you put and I don't say this is like, you know, because you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh you you are.
Speaker 1: You want to make sure that everybody else is happy before you are, which is of great quality.
Speaker 2: But at the same tim like there is a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of that, like, hey, if they're uncomfortable, they can change the THIRDO stat I've been one of your guest twelve years. You can know you can change what I'm saying. You can change the temperature. They're adults, they.
Speaker 3: Know how it works, so there's a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of that. Maybe I will.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you this book and read a little bit of it, and even if you just absorb some of it, because I'm I'm really trying because it's something I want.
Speaker 2: To be better.
Speaker 4: At and I need to be better at it, especially with a kid, because interesting, he's got a cold again and it's a whole thing, Like God, this has been two weeks, but there's no fever, and he's got to just write it out and I'm like, you know, in the middle of the night checking on him and things like that, Like I got.
Speaker 3: To calm down.
Speaker 1: Well, let's have for She's very busy and very popular, but I'm going to throw out a request to sweet mel Robbins and I would love for her to give us some tips and tricks on this, because tips and tricks, Yeah, because I think, you know, it would benefit both of us. And he also too, like I don't want to change everything about myself, but that's one thing I don't like about myself. Just high strung agree, moving right along. We've been happily married for seventy five years. Here's our secret to everlasting love. This headline goes on to say the secret is learning when to keep your mouth shut. Trudy and Alan Tomlinson. Another thing I'm not good at. I can't help myself even if I want to, and I'll keep it shut for a minute. And then I finally like, oh, this was me yesterday. I couldn't I couldn't help myself. We went in state, so we had renovated this the guest house up here, so I was like, we should go up and see, like if the water works, like you know, whatever.
Speaker 2: So when there are guests it's comfortable.
Speaker 1: I want to take a shower, and the shower's fucking freezing, right, And isn't that the worst? It's not the worst, but isn't it So? Yep, you spend money, you want something to work. I need to not give an s I know. So I so I'm like fuck it. I'm like, Okay, the water. I don't know why it doesn't work. It turns out I had to light the pilot. The whole thing is like whatever, but I don't want to fucking do that. This is the part that I struggle with. I am even though I don't look like it right now, because I look like a boy. I want to be the woman in the relationship. I want to say to him, you go fix it, go light the pilot. Why am I underneath the house?
Speaker 2: You know? And I did it?
Speaker 3: I said, do what you underneath the house? Doing that where it's the house.
Speaker 1: Is gonna blow up because I'm down there trying to find a pilot Like you're the guy, Go be the guy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: When it comes to certain things, I'm like, taking out the trash, that's a boy job. There's some jobs that are boy jobs, folding clothes, all this.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You guys can make this a fucking headline. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I full close because I think that's as more of a like, you know, thing that I can do. Because Steve doesn't like it, I'll do that, But I ain't crawling underneath the goddamn house to fix the pilot light. Anyways, I digress. So I just took a shower. I'm like, fine, I'll make it a cold plunge. I'll make this a whole experience. I'll just take a whatever feel I felt fantastic. Afterwards, he goes down to take a hot shower. I couldn't help myself. He came back up and I go, oh, you couldn't just take I go you cold plunge every day, but you couldn't just do that. I also couldn't keep my fucking mouth shut. He goes, no, I wanted to go take a hot shower? Is that okay with you? And I was like, why did I have to say something? Why do I have to say something? Just shut up? It had nothing to do with him. He wanted a hot shower. I was fine with the cold shower. Just shut up, Carissa. I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 3: Did you like the pilot?
Speaker 1: No, because it was his job and he didn't even go do it cold. Yeah, which because until he crawls his ass underneath this house, things are going great. I love it. There's so but it's true though, keeping my mouth shut. That's a good seventy Also, you've been happily married for seventy five years. How did you get married at fifteen? That's fantastic. Good for you.
Speaker 4: Guys, Carissa, here we go, my boyfriend laughs. Ambition is not tirebreaker. I was caught at at least the work day. He prefers to nap. I'm already annoyed because I can't nap. My partner and I have different ideas of what it means to work hard. I was raised by parents who encourage me to put my nose to the grindstone every minute of every day. My boyfriend, however, views work as a means to an end. If he completes his work in less than forty hours, he spend the rest of the workday doing whatever he pleases. Often he'll just take a nap. Who is he, George Costanza? That's crazy, Well he can just take a nap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am absolutely not, absolutely not. I'm be so attractive at all. I've had to don't want ryan and look like this. I mean, honestly, there's nothing more unattractive to me than people that don't work hard. Get that you can take a beat, enjoy your vacation, have a moment. But I used to say to one of my exes, there's a Monday, bro, Like, what do you mean? Because his whole thing was like this proverbial vacation that he was on, Like it was just like does on the nose and so relaxed, bro.
Speaker 2: And it's like, hey, there's a Monday.
Speaker 1: Does on the on the nose mean as you're a surfer, but like nose, this is the.
Speaker 2: It was like you gotta like a baby putting your toes in your nose.
Speaker 1: What's the yoga pos where they're like happy baby feet.
Speaker 2: That just comfy to do that?
Speaker 1: I get that's good. No, absolutely not. I I am someone and you're the same way. We are probably workaholics, which is why we're high strung and you need to fucking chill out sometimes.
Speaker 2: But laziness, there is.
Speaker 1: No, no, no part of that anymore for me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't wait too many scholarships for some losers that I was with, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought, oh, you know what, they just don't want to work. It's they enjoy life. Mark.
Speaker 1: You can enjoy life and work and there's a healthy balance. I believe in that, like you and Jarrett like we'll take vacation together, and Steve and I do like, that's fine, you don't have to twenty four seven three sixty five, but you've got to have work ethic or else. Sorry, no, because then you just get resembful. Well, this sweet girl's like outworking and he's taken a nap. I'd like to take a nap?
Speaker 3: What job?
Speaker 1: Let's you take a nap if you're t to carry Bradshaw. If you're tired, you take a napa. You don't move to napa.
Speaker 3: That's a goody. Last we this is interesting. You hit it.
Speaker 1: Work wife Valentine's cards spark heated debate about appropriateness of workplace relationships.
Speaker 2: Ooh now viral TikTok.
Speaker 1: A woman shopping for Valentine's cards this week expresses shocked to find cards addressed to a work wife or work husband. The cards read for my work wife or husband on Boundin's day, I've finally found someone just as inappropriate as me.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I do too. In fact, I wish I would.
Speaker 4: I I would give I got him from my west husband's plural because you have you have more than one, and.
Speaker 1: So do I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a polygamist. I mean, I've got so many work husbands at this point. Thanks Kevin.
Speaker 4: When he's getting on United and none of us have status on United, he brings all of us. He goes, these are all my wives and some of them are men too.
Speaker 3: So it's fine.
Speaker 2: And you know what's so great?
Speaker 1: So a shout out to Rachel Burkhardt and to Jared Stole and to Stephen Candary that when you're getting up and making a list, Melissa Whitworth, when you're getting up, Toby Gonzalez, the list goes on.
Speaker 2: When you're getting up and making.
Speaker 1: A speech about your crew and how amazing they are, and you reference Kevin, your work husband, and then Rachel's sitting right there.
Speaker 2: She knows what this is.
Speaker 1: She knows all of these people that were lucky enough to work with, and they're significant, they're plus ones.
Speaker 2: Hence the podcast.
Speaker 1: You either have to get on board or you don't, and you can't be sensitive about it because there's no confusion about where the lines are here. But it is a term of endearment that we spend so much time with these people that yeah, I don't I don't have any problem with this, but I guess if you're insecure in your relationship, like I again have been with insecure people and if I would have said work husband, they would have ah lost their shit. So I think it's about the security of your relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jared is so grateful for Kevin Burkhart, for Rich Gross, Casey Garland, Rich Russo, and they have all my work husbands on here because they hear a lot and they take care of me and vice versa. Like it's very much a family and it's funny. I was just talking to Tom Brady about that yesterday and like our crew and you know, just what it's like.
Speaker 3: And he was really sweet. He said, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Guess when I started this, I didn't realize it was so much like a family. And he's like, we really have a great group. I'm like, oh my god, like those dinners we go to all of us and coach, you know, in the in the other room coming in and you know, Aaron, I got to tell you that outfit is great and they're so sweet and it is such a family. And I don't know, I've been other places, but I just with Fox and our group and how we really truly it is no bullshit, love each other and take care of each other. Yeah, And it's like if somebody's got something, we all know about it and how can we help. You know, somebody says something funny, we're all there championing them to say something else funnier, because like it's hilarious when one of us is on one. So yeah, it's a really really special thing. But Jarrett is very grateful for my work husbands because they have to deal with the nonsense.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say he's probably relieved so he doesn't have to listen to me a bitch most of the time.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but you're my work wife too, Like I call you, I'm like, can I just talk to you about something?
Speaker 1: If you're lucky enough to have people that you know, again, you're spending that much time on the road with, and it doesn't matter what profession. There's a lot of people business people that travel on the road together, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you spend more time away than you do at home. But yeah, I don't know, I get it.
Speaker 1: I mean if you don't have if you've never been on the other side of that though, Like I'm not a gel you're not a jealous person either, Like I'm not.
Speaker 2: Trusting I trust you. That's bit me in the ass before.
Speaker 1: I've had people cheat on me, and so I think there's also that moment where you're like, maybe I'm too trusting, But I also here's my thing on that not trying to go down a rabbit hole of bit cheating. Going back to Mel Robbins, if the person's going to cheat let them. I'm gonna let Harma find out. And if I find out, you're going to be six feet under. And I don't even mean that physically, just in my mind, you're dead to me, like keep moving on. So if you want to take that risk, and you want to risk a good thing, Steve or you know whatever, like.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 1: I just don't have the time or energy to like, no, be going through your phone or worried about that, Like think about how much I'll speak for myself. I used to worry about that shit all the time, and I'm like, no, if they're gonna cheat me worrying about it, Like fine, then whoever you're cheating with, you can have him because he's a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: So like you go for it.
Speaker 1: I just don't think like that's where I should spend my energy. But that also comes with age.
Speaker 4: I told you, But there's also women that are you know, like our age, that do worry about that because they're probably.
Speaker 3: With totally real cheaters, you know, totally.
Speaker 4: If there's any relationship I should be worried about, it's shir it's with Steve Penderry. I mean, there's just so many plans and professions we're doing and I don't know anything about it. I have to read about it, so you have a lot of explaining to do, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Miss so I'm not gonna lie. I do miss them a lot. I miss you.
Speaker 3: I like the time away is great, but it was so funny.
Speaker 4: I just saw home and it was a Sunday, and I said, you know, well, we can't keep away from each other on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, but I do. I miss my guys.
Speaker 4: I know some of them just work dayturna five hundred, so I got to check in.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I miss those guys.
Speaker 1: I saw Myers yesterday because I just saw the highlights because there was a rain delay, so I didn't see the race.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, they are rain delays.
Speaker 1: Chris Myers. Can I just speaking of another work Husard. Chris Myers is one of the funniest people I've ever speaking of people we miss.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: And for those of you listening to the podcast and you're like, what's happening in these people? Chris Myers is. He does football, he does NASCAR, he does the dog Show. If you've never seen Chris Myers, call a Westminster dog show. You're missing out in life, but you are. Yeah, it's all good. We have a lot of things to be thankful for. So to recap we need to calm down. We need to not stress about things we can't control. We need to prioritize some personal space.
Speaker 3: And the major casting our meeting.
Speaker 1: Gonna yep, we're gonna meet Taylor Swift in the way that we want. It needs to be under our terms and conditions and something she'd agreed to, which is a good time, privacy and who gives a fuck?
Speaker 2: And I need to get you some sleep.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee. What watching right now?
Speaker 2: A way to sleep?
Speaker 4: I know, Well it's four o'clock. What should I be watching right now?
Speaker 3: Like? What am I watching? What do I to dive into?
Speaker 4: I want the I want our people to let me know, like what do they recommend? I do need to I do need to catch up on Salt Lake. I guess Beverly Hills. The people staying here are huge fans of the Summerhouse. I've never done that before.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a good show to watch. Paradise.
Speaker 1: Paradise, It's honest, It's on Hulu and it's Sterling Brown and he was in it's the same guy that wrote This is Us and Rounds the actor and this is Us and he's an m incredible It's I. I although I like to binge something and it's only the like come out every week episode, So I need to like take a few weeks off and then jump back into it because I like.
Speaker 3: When I have a notice just came out.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, we are you into that? I am? I am.
Speaker 1: I was really into season one. Season two lost me a little bit. But I can dive right back in.
Speaker 3: Sure. Okay, it's like a whole new cast, whole new season.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, but yeah, calm down, community, What else should we be watching. I need some binge worthy series one that maybe have a few seasons that like I just don't even know about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 4: To finish The Bear. I never finished that season. We started it in the summer, and we need to finish it.
Speaker 2: The Crown.
Speaker 1: I never finished the Crown, you told me, Yeah, so good, so good.
Speaker 3: I missed the Crown, all right, Yeah, let.
Speaker 2: Us know, Yeah, let us know. I love you. You look so cozy, comfy and adorable. I love you. I miss you.
Speaker 1: I'll see you in a couple of weeks. And you, guys, thank you for listening. Also, if you have heard anything on this podcast that you have thoughts to, comments and concerns, please give us some feedback in our questions because it really means a lot. You guys, ask us questions and ask us to answer them. I would love some feedback on how we can like work on the things that Aaron and I.
Speaker 2: Want to work on.
Speaker 1: Zipper zipper, zipper and calming down and I don't know, just living life, living our best life. I'm going to go on another cocktail because fuck it, you know I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to put a cocktail in my coffee.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true, all right, I love you, I love you. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio apps, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.