Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Good Wednesday morning. It is August twelfth. Today's National Middle Child Day.
Speaker 1: Cute.
Speaker 2: I forgot your say. It was National Play in the Sand Day. Choo, Miss middle Child Day. If you're a middle child, you gotta get a day. I don't know if there's first and that, but middle gets a Day's major solar eclipse happening across Europe today ten thirty am our time, but not seen from our whole state. So uh, partly, Sonny, Hi's a little eighties, mid nineties and everybody's going back to school today. Almost. Yeah, it's been drip drab up until today. But let me read it today, first day of school for a lot A B C Unified in Sorito's acting ad, Summer's over Anaheim Union High School. D It's not right that you're going to be in class at eleven learning a periodic table while others are at the beach. Potassium is K Beverly Hills Unified, Brea Olinda Unified. Summer was cut short. That's the truth, dude, Where's my summer gone? Charter Oak Unified Covina back Rancho, Unified film are Unified Lake Elson or unified la USD.
Speaker 3: The buses are back on the freeway.
Speaker 4: That's a big one.
Speaker 3: Lo Salamitos, Unified.
Speaker 2: Griffins, Monrovia, Moreno Valley, Pomona, San Marino, Saugus, Union South Pass, see Me Temple, Ventura, Whittier. All y'all didn't have to go Monday like Annelope Valley. If you start August tenth, eleven, twelfth, or your summer's been robbed from you.
Speaker 3: Is a cheerlead or work. You got to come back so soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you for respecting the cheerleaders respect Yeah, because it was year round.
Speaker 2: By the way, the cheerleaders that I've seen on the college football sidelines, that's the body I want. Six There's dudes with their wristbands and their biceps.
Speaker 3: That's what I want, right Oh, mirror, mirror on the wall. Make me a bruined boy. Cheerleader.
Speaker 4: You have to be able to lift a girl above your head like this by yourself.
Speaker 3: I've tried. Always hurts my shoulder more like a fly bath and I pack.
Speaker 5: Gosh, I love it.
Speaker 3: Aren't you a fall?
Speaker 5: Pumpkin spice lattes candle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not fall Tanya.
Speaker 2: We are excited about the clips we cannot see tonight live in the moment.
Speaker 4: It's very The crescent moon is very crescent.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love the moon. I'm very much into a strong maybe I told you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of cute. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Basically, it has to do with like you know, every planet has a constellation in front of it. So on your birthday, on your on your birthday, what constellation was in front of your planet?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have to look it up. Well, you have to have research this stuff. And then the planets revolved and they spinch get around.
Speaker 2: Your astrology sign deeply depends on the angle of where that planet is today.
Speaker 4: Every day, where the moon was and all that.
Speaker 3: No, not all that, No, I'm being specific, Not all that. Yessatically into.
Speaker 6: My travels No, because I have been trying to get you into this for decades now.
Speaker 3: My travels next purchase is going to be a telescope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is really interesting that you just did like a one to eighty on this because you've always been.
Speaker 2: Anti It's true, but I needed something to believe in. I needed something else. I wanted one more thing to believe in a good thing. And I found astrology.
Speaker 5: What's her sign?
Speaker 2: We're coming back with five hundred dollars in back to school cash. This is kids, ants send the building? How can ants get to the fifth floor? I don't understand the concept the physics of that. These are not flying ants. How many years do they live? What's the lifespan of an ant?
Speaker 4: That's an interesting question.
Speaker 3: Chat Claude. Life span of an ant?
Speaker 4: I feel like a day?
Speaker 3: Well, how do they make it up here?
Speaker 5: That's a fly?
Speaker 3: Are you sure the flying lives a day?
Speaker 5: One of them does. I've just said it very pretty sure.
Speaker 3: So how long does the ant live? And how does it get up here?
Speaker 6: Queen ants live much longer. Some species queensl twenty plus years.
Speaker 3: That's how they get up here.
Speaker 6: Male ants have the shortest life span, usually just days to weeks.
Speaker 3: What a bummer they What a bad stick they got because they.
Speaker 5: Died shortly after mating anywhere?
Speaker 3: Want to be good? If I'm gonna go, take me that way right at the very end. Just take me out like that doughnut, and I'm good.
Speaker 4: Fifteen to thirty days for flies, by the way, oh, not one one.
Speaker 2: This show makes me happy because.
Speaker 6: Anytime I kill a fly, I'm like, oh, I would have died soon anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, Jordan, are you annoyed by my whistling? I know that's a pet peeve of yours, but this show makes me want to whistle.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't whistle?
Speaker 4: Yes I can.
Speaker 3: That was a lower lip whistle. It's not evenna. No, that's too much of a hiss.
Speaker 4: No, really, I picture more Cinderella vibes when I know I hear much.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of lip there. I can't do it, I do Tanya?
Speaker 3: Could you do your whistle?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: I don't know how to.
Speaker 3: No, there's so much air way, too much close to the here's my back, let's control. Can't can you whistle?
Speaker 5: I'm not very good?
Speaker 3: Okay? This isn't you give Ruby her shot? That's all I could do? In turn? Bella? Can you whistle?
Speaker 4: I could try?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Can't you made the motion? Yeah Mechayla? Can you whistle? I think so that's.
Speaker 1: Too much air.
Speaker 3: Guys, you're blowing too hard.
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: Can you whistle?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Zi? There he is right there? Do you have any cricket whistles?
Speaker 2: A sign of happiness? But in a noise Jordan in the back room. She told us yesterday she almost dine want to serve a customer at Jersey Mikes because he whistled, So to the back room we go. Ruby went out to dinner with the group and it was check splitting time. What's the exercise? What'd y'all do?
Speaker 4: Well, it was a group dinner.
Speaker 7: It was a birthday dinner, so everyone kind of already knows we're all gonna split the birthday you know, birthday girl isn't going to pay. But I feel like this comes up a lot, like, especially if someone in the group isn't drinking as much as other people in the group, do you still split the bill evenly?
Speaker 2: Do you go in stating the rule, Like, do you guys say at the top of the dinner, we're all gonna split?
Speaker 3: Are we good? Split seas well?
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 7: There's not really like a disclosure. I feel like, normally we're all on the same page, but there's been times in the past where it's like different friend groups kind of mixing, right, It's like my friend's friends and then just our like immediate circle. And so that's where I feel like it starts to get a little like people are like, oh, well, I only got two things that only one drink drinks.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to drinks, I feel like if there's been multiple rounds and someone is clearly not drinking the entire time, you just kind of like they don't they don't have to pay for that portion if they didn't drink.
Speaker 3: We do that. It's so complicated now the math.
Speaker 5: Because how do you then factor that in?
Speaker 4: You basically just add a little bit more money to yours, you know what I mean, like divide it evenly and then take away take away.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like going in this to me's addressed on the way in. It's like, hey, guys, we're all gonna are we gonna go splits on this? We are, but I'm not drinking. I will calculate that, Like you kind of need to address it at the top. It gets awkward after.
Speaker 4: It's definitely happened with me and my friends because there's been multiple times where someone's pregnant and they like, we're now we're not doing it the whole time, and we all had like six drinks.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, then that's fair to do.
Speaker 4: So just like, oh, just pay for your food.
Speaker 3: To me, ruby the clearest way to handle is to address it before.
Speaker 7: I've never even thought about, like talking.
Speaker 3: About it before.
Speaker 7: I feel like you never, we've never had a conversation before, like, hey, guys.
Speaker 2: Let's go out, let's all meet up. It's a table of six, let's split. Yeah, I'm not drinking tonight. Okay, well then we'll give you a pass on that.
Speaker 5: But that is a good point actually.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's interesting. You know, more and more people are not drinking, and it's you know, because people want to feel good right, not necessarily just for your liver. They're just like I want to feel good tomorrow when I have a full day. So I think like I fake because when I don't order something, well, you're not you're not drinking.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: You're a cleanse? No, So I now just order a fake drink, or I make a fake drink. I do sparkling water, some leaf or whatever. They got lime so it looks like a cocktail on the thing. And uh like if there's mint or anything, it makes it cucumber or mint or something makes it fresh if I can find it.
Speaker 3: So it tastes like it tastes like a massage with taste. If you drink it right.
Speaker 5: You can also order a phony in a grony, but.
Speaker 2: Then you have to say it out loud, like I got a whisper to the person. So if I make them at the house for anybody, I make the mock and don't you know, tell them talk about well you don't say you're.
Speaker 3: A Are you on a cleanse?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not a clot.
Speaker 2: I want to tell good tomorrow because also it's Tuesday, all right if you it's not, it's Wednesday today.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying, like it would have been last night. Do you have ants in your pants?
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you something you should never do when you have them. Next it's one of two point seven kiss if my quote of the day. But first coming in a second. But first, do you have ants in your home? What do you do when you see an ant in your kitchen?
Speaker 4: I kill it instantly?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I see you have people to get upset about that.
Speaker 4: Who is saving the ants?
Speaker 2: I have a friend that puts everything with a piece of paper and a glass over it and slides it.
Speaker 4: Goodbye.
Speaker 3: What you should not do is squish the ant. So squish or squish? What do you guys say squish, squish, squish, So don't squish these.
Speaker 4: Don't kill it?
Speaker 3: Well, I think squishing boom.
Speaker 2: When you squish an ant, it releases distress pheromones to other ants in the colony.
Speaker 3: Rush to the scene.
Speaker 2: Yes, what starts as one can quickly turn into a mole hill a mountain of ants.
Speaker 4: I almost prefer that because I want to know where they're coming from. So and then I can put.
Speaker 3: The trap over there.
Speaker 2: And then so you're sacrificing one to trick them all, to get them all.
Speaker 4: Come on over, redveric.
Speaker 3: Squisher, today's up.
Speaker 2: And certainly don't squish ants in your pants.
Speaker 3: In your pants, by the way it goes, they get there, they lived for thirty years.
Speaker 4: I am definitely squishing it and can't it.
Speaker 2: I am not squishing that ant in my pant because the others will come to my I don't want the whole army of coming into my pants.
Speaker 5: And not coming into your pants.
Speaker 3: They might, That's what he just said.
Speaker 2: The pharaomones are screaming, come to my pants. Today's quote the Degree taking a selfie.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm taking a picture that says men wearing purses and handbags is in style now.
Speaker 3: US Today's quote, The degree to which a person can grow is directly proportional to the amount of truth one can accept without running away. Aren't you sorry you missed that? Aren't you sad you miss all? Taking a picture of a lower third on the news? Did you get your chirn selfie? Thank you to even keep your attentions impossible?
Speaker 2: One or two point seven Kiss FM, it's almost seven o'clock after seven are producer Mikayla.
Speaker 3: She wanted you to know she is still single. I told him, I told who everyone everyone paying attention, but you don't kids TV anyway? What the TV's so tiny's distracted?
Speaker 2: They've been on for twenty five years and now you're just distracted by KTLA.
Speaker 3: Relax, They're fine. The TVs just look at us. And Mikayla has some new actual opening lines she's received from the dudes on hands and I'm going to read them.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait for this. It's coming next. First, Sysney has the headlines.
Speaker 1: Kiss FM Headlines with Sisney.
Speaker 4: Well, today's the day. About half a million Los Angeles Unified School Districts toudents return to class today with new screen time roles in place. High school students will be limited to ninety minutes per class per week. The FAA has hired more than two thousand gamers as air traffic controllers, betting that their quick thinking and multitasking skills will translate to the job. Universal Studios Hollywood will install additional sound barriers around its new high Fast and Furious coaster after neighbors complained about excessive screaming during testing, and Palisades Village will reopen Saturday after more than one hundred million dollars in renovations following, of course, the Palisades fire.
Speaker 2: So Bella is our intern USC student wants to be a publicist for Olivia Dean Rodrigo.
Speaker 5: I mean, Olivia Dean's great too.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Your artists Olivia, Olivia or Sabrina. Take what you can get. There's no script, you know. Very confident though, mm hmmm, because I thought it was Olivia Dean because I played Olivia Dean before Beab so it was in my head anyway.
Speaker 2: So goes to school at USC. What she doesn't know yet is that everything we talk about goes out and uh, the person doesn't hear it, but their friends here at or their family here is it. For example, Sophia. We talked about her mom for months. Our other intern said things that her mom's never heard before to her face, to the.
Speaker 3: Point where we had to call her mom to tell her what we were talking about. I don't need to meet your mom. She is listening.
Speaker 4: She always listens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's her name.
Speaker 2: She has a great taste, always listens to He raised her listening every year. She was born right, we were here. She was born later. So what's the issue with your.
Speaker 4: You were here, you were tony and I came later.
Speaker 3: Okay, you were.
Speaker 2: At San Diego's Channel nine three to three or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: I was an intern, it was my first year exactly.
Speaker 3: You were a Bella of your time. I know I was so Bella. What's the issue with the roommate?
Speaker 8: So I have a roommate who has a boyfriend. They've been dating for a year now, and they are constantly at my place, like even worse, they will cook and leave dishes out for days and like, obviously I won't touch it, because that's not my job to clean up after someone else. But I don't know, I guess how to bring it up because the school you're starting again, and I just like kind of don't want any issues at the start of the year, So I don't know what to say to sept these boundaries.
Speaker 2: So it's I've we've had this conversation before. This is a very common situation. And you know, at your stage in life, a lot of people don't quite fully get all the etiquettes yet. And that's fair, right, Like you know your residency, your residence, your apartments, your dorms, whatever.
Speaker 3: Etiquette is something that is learned over time.
Speaker 2: However, I do think, and michaela next to you, has a roommate, and I do think the best way to handle things with roommates is handle it with some sort of honest, finessed, well timed conversation.
Speaker 3: Timing, See, timing is everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, you might want to think about how to say what you want to say, but using compliments. So along the way, for example, I'm so happy you found this great guy nice. I mean, what a good guy he is. I love that, Like he's treating you so well, and you're just I can tell I can see the difference in you.
Speaker 3: So happy for that. I love that.
Speaker 2: But just because we're sharing common space here, you know, and we're obviously sharing the costs of things and the cleanup of things.
Speaker 3: So times occasionally I run into you know, the dishes, or he's got his feet up on the chair or whatever it is. The issue is.
Speaker 2: But if you open with something that makes them feel good, you close with your issue.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's not going to do that.
Speaker 9: I'm like to genuine though, the relationship, No, is that if you start like that the compliments, that is it genuine or is it just because you're trying to get to your point.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get to your point, but you make them sound genuine, you make them sound.
Speaker 5: Let me just spare you the time and the energy.
Speaker 6: Just do the dishes. Keep doing the dishes. They're they're going to start to feel bad.
Speaker 1: Use you.
Speaker 3: They're gonna expect that you solve the problem. Trust me, don't care dishes. What would you do? You have this?
Speaker 10: So here's the thing. My roommate and I have been best friends since we were seven, so we're like sisters. So we treat each other like sisters. But we are always upfront with each other no matter what. So I definitely would say something. But again, there's a way to say it and listen.
Speaker 2: Wait, there's a way, Like when you're the publicist for Olivia mont you will stay right, you just you'll say like you'll have to say no a lot, but you say, look, look, thank you so much for interest in Olivia Coleman. We are at this time, we're just not doing that, but we will keep you on the list and I will give you a call. And Olivia Colpa sends her best.
Speaker 8: I have to like pr train myself exactly.
Speaker 3: How do you find love? Actually, I was just reading I see that that is supermarket somewhere overseas.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, in the pink baskets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you pick up a pink basket while you're grocery shopping, it sends a message, Hi, I'm single.
Speaker 5: Talk to me, brilliant. I love it.
Speaker 3: If you pick up the other color one means you're taken.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: So you could do that.
Speaker 2: And that supermarket in Sweden, oh wherever it is.
Speaker 3: Finland, Finland.
Speaker 2: Sure you could go there, or you could go on Hinge or producer Mikayla single, she's on Hinge. I am obsessed with a capital B. Why yeah, but the bees, the hard Yeah, Bob bessessed. The Bee's the hard consonant. I'm possessed with the pickup lines that dudes have.
Speaker 10: One of these shows used to work because I was home in Rhode Island visiting family last weekend and I am so sick of family members asking me why I'm still single.
Speaker 5: I don't have any.
Speaker 10: Answer for you. Literally, the most annoying question on the planet. It's the most annoying thing. And I'm like, I don't know. I was like, I'm trying it out. I was like, it's hard to date. People don't want to date, they want casual. It's just it's tough.
Speaker 3: Don't you want a boyfriend? Like, yes, I want.
Speaker 6: You should start saying I'm single because I want to be it shut some she doesn't want to Who cares?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's not bad. I actually like, yeah, they have no.
Speaker 3: Contact the family, Rhode Island. Here we go. Pick up lines.
Speaker 2: These are actual hinge. Recent ones came into Mikayla. I've always wanted to know how many matches a top model like you get.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't like that, that's bad, Okay.
Speaker 3: Pass on. That guy looks like he's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's cute.
Speaker 3: He's really good looking at my type. I agree, this really handsome.
Speaker 5: He was short. I think he was my height five five.
Speaker 3: Wow, laid off. I mean that is so rude. Okay, next one, these are real on hands for Mikayla.
Speaker 2: Uh, it looks like you need a boneless Ribby medium rare and a glass of red wine.
Speaker 3: I like that, but not best photo, but I do like that cigarette.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me what I need.
Speaker 3: He has glitter on his cheeks.
Speaker 4: Have those those zip stickers?
Speaker 3: No, he's literally at burning man.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is like rave.
Speaker 4: And he's telling you that he smokes, so.
Speaker 2: You get into glued on turquoise stars under his eyes.
Speaker 3: And he's got his no shirt and a cigarette.
Speaker 4: I mustache just smells like cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Like but my first photo, no, we can't be first photo, but it's a lot so next real hinge. He reminds me of a goofy looking Ryan. Uh, what's the guy's name?
Speaker 5: Number three?
Speaker 2: I see Calvin Harris. There's a Calvin Harris, goofy Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 3: Look goofy looking.
Speaker 5: The smile is goofy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he doesn't show teeth, he's just like he's smile.
Speaker 5: I like him.
Speaker 2: I like him like a character and a cartoon doesne not to be forward, but I can already tell we'd have good looking kids.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'd love to see goofy in general.
Speaker 5: So I feel like he's.
Speaker 6: Basically saying, you're cute, I'm cute. Let's be cute together.
Speaker 3: Of these guys don't have shirts on for their first photo? What is going on?
Speaker 4: You gotta show what you got?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the next guy?
Speaker 2: This is real on him? Hey, MICHAELA, you seem kind of fun. Are you up at dawn for an adventure?
Speaker 3: Kind of person? Or three cups of coffee before moving? Type of person?
Speaker 9: L O L.
Speaker 2: Looking for somebody's rhythm matches mine, or at least someone willing to negotiate a middle ground.
Speaker 5: That's long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get the gist, but it went into negotiate. Negotiats not a word you want to use, going into anything. Next one and the last one, then we have to make a choice. Is number five of five? I wish I were by yourself, looking straight into those beautiful eyes, captivated by that lovely smile and breathing in your scent and unmatched and howl in your scent, swords like that on creepy.
Speaker 3: I like the good looking.
Speaker 4: Kids guy you number three, Calvin Harris, go with him.
Speaker 3: You got a shirt off. You must have a good body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time to play high school mascot or Breakfast Cereal, high.
Speaker 3: School mascot or Breakfast Cereal. Good morning, re Beccat in Riverside. How you doing, Hi?
Speaker 11: Pretty good? Just drap the kids off for first day of school.
Speaker 3: Perfect timing.
Speaker 2: So we've got these tickets to Universal Studios, Hollywood, and in honor of back to school, we're gonna play high school mascot or Breakfast Cereal. I'll give you a You tell me if it's a high school mascot here in southern California, or if it's a commercial Breakfast Cereal. Okay, okay, gotta get three right before you get three wrong. First one, okay, Spuds, Spuds mascot or Breakfast Cereal.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go with mascot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, High Valley High School the Spuds.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Next one, all Stars All Stars, high school mascot or Cereal.
Speaker 11: I'm mascot again.
Speaker 3: It's a Cereal from Kellott's from Cereal. I think it was old though a long time. I don't know if I mean it looks old.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nobles Nobles mascot or Breakfast Cereal mascot yes, correct, No, Gallas High in La Plante. The Nobles for the Win University Studio is a four pack Moonstones moon Stones cereal or Mascot cereal. Yes, artificially fruit flavored Moonstones.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: They're made by Ralston Purina Purina in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Difficult tax sea find the match. Okay, like things, it's not like mascots. You're going to university studios.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: What do you eat for breakfast?
Speaker 11: Welcome? I love it well, I do like special K dark chocolate cereal, but I'm trying to be good and do high proteins, so like eggs, chicken, sausage and avocado, and.
Speaker 3: It all sounds good. Rotation. Thank you for listening. Hang on one second, you're on.
Speaker 1: Kiss on Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get to it. LAUSD is back.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so many I've been reading off the districts all week. This week I was most taken aback by those who had to go back on Monday too early. How are the days so long, the heat so high and school already starting? I'm just I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you're at LAUSD you're back Lake, Elson R. Phillmore, a lot of school districts of Back Marino Valley, Pomonas, and Marina. The list is long. I'm sure a wittier goes on and on, but LAUSD has done something that seems so obvious for school lunches that never cross the path of us as kids.
Speaker 3: And I love the idea.
Speaker 2: That students picked what they liked to eat at home, still within a nutritional framework, exactly proved by LAUSD, but taste tested by thirteen year olds. What are some of the items that the students picked to put on the la us t menu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they worked alongside chefs to come up with these meals, and it's like what you're saying, they genuinely want to eat this food too. Breakfast ball, how good does that sound?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what kind of nutrition is in that, but it sounds salty and good protein in the toriso protein protein. A pork katsu sandwich.
Speaker 3: That sounds great. I mean a pork katsou sandwich.
Speaker 2: I had a pizza square with knobs of brown beefs.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that pizza square was so thick.
Speaker 3: And dots in the dough underneath it there were holes in the dough underneath.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you're so right.
Speaker 2: It was like we had the same I grew up in Georgia, you grew up in California.
Speaker 3: We had the same dough.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you mean. I like that though, Like, yeah, I swear.
Speaker 3: What else is on the the.
Speaker 4: La There's an La cheese steak and that I actually saw a picture of and it looks really good. It's got all the veggies and stuff onto it as well melted cheese. It looks delicious. And they also have lasagna rolls and those are just some of the you know, dishes that these kids put together with these chefs.
Speaker 2: So I'm just thinking this is a fantastic idea, and I hope that other school districts everywhere could do something like this because it's it's kids saying, hey, adults, this is what we like. Can we do something like this and pick our favorites when we were in school? Sloppy Jo's? Did you have those Sloppy Jo's? Yes, on the menu every single week? Do you know who Joe is?
Speaker 4: No? And why sweepy?
Speaker 2: Well, because the sandwich makes a mess out of it, Like it's just beef and catch up.
Speaker 6: I will honestly never forget the lunches at Los Ale every I think it was every Thursday. They had chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
Speaker 5: It was so good.
Speaker 6: I literally still think about it to this day. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 3: There's I don't agree with you that it was so good.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean at.
Speaker 6: The time, I remember just thinking it was so good, like it was it free?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: No, I think we had no we ye pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it's free. Public students in California are getting free food, free lunch.
Speaker 3: It's great, big deal. Sloppy Joe, I don't know who Joe is.
Speaker 2: If anybody knows who Jo, I know why it's slot because it was hamburger and ketchup basically on a bun.
Speaker 4: But how do they think of Joe? Like, why isn't it sloppy Sam must.
Speaker 2: Have been a guy named Joe made it once somewhere in the country and it just got the name of it. But it is nothing that should be repeated. I'm over Sloppy Joe all right. Coming up next year, KISFM five hundred dollars back to school cash and Tanya, you have a trending report.
Speaker 3: Let's squeeze it in this hour and a few. What are you working on, Taki.
Speaker 6: Or brilliant to ask your wedding guests to pay for your wedding, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Or brilliant to ask your wedding guests to pay for your wedding A celebrity couple, A celebrity couple.
Speaker 6: They're getting a lot of heat for it. But I'm I'm going to tell you why I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. I mean, we can have this debate in a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I understand not wanting the list of gifts, maybe funding something at the wedding.
Speaker 5: Exactly right.
Speaker 2: We will First, Ronnie Henry been in the digital department for a long time and I just thought he needs to get out and be seen, you know. I mean he's seen on his social but he needs to be seen in Pacoima this morning. So he's been assigned the free gas giveaways. Basically, Ronnie picks a gas station in Pacoima, We go to him. Now, he'll walk up to somebody and he'll just pay for your guess. Now, Ronnie, when Chewie was doing this, he was in an La Dodger.
Speaker 3: Caviy's a big guy, tall guy.
Speaker 2: You know, over six feet tall, and people weren't sure who he was and what he was doing when he approached, and then of course they realized his charm and they were melted by it. You're wearing here's how you know. Ronnie is there today at the gas station. I hear you're in cea foam.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh, yes, I am. Actually that's a great way to the scribe color. I was gonna say, like a mint. It's kind of like a mint, A little bit mesh polo.
Speaker 3: It's super cute.
Speaker 2: Just so I'm understanding. What is a little bit mesh? Isn't mesh mesh?
Speaker 4: No, I know what he means because I saw him this morning and it's not completely mesh that.
Speaker 3: It's just tiny holes so like I could wear holes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could wear it. He looks very polished this morning.
Speaker 3: I professional, Yannie, thank you.
Speaker 12: I appreciate that. Yes, Ryan, you can borrow my top. I'll actually leave it there for you.
Speaker 2: And when I get up, okay, I think sea foam, seacrestin ce phone and he sounds.
Speaker 5: Great this morning, seacrest and sea phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, all right, Now, Ronnie the first time you've done free gas for us, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Yes, this is the first time, and I'm so excited because I know people are going to be so happy, So I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Your input, Climba, who have you found to get free gas to?
Speaker 12: I am here with or Hey, you just got off of work. He's gonna get free gas, yes, to take his kids to school? But here he is poor?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning. Hey Ryan Seacrest on Kiss FM. How are you? Or hey?
Speaker 12: Pretty good to yourself?
Speaker 3: I'm great.
Speaker 2: So we are going to give you free gas, my friend. We're gonna fill up your tank on your way in.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, man, and much needed. Absolutely bro.
Speaker 2: If we could check one box and take that off your plate, we're happy to do it.
Speaker 3: So you're rolling with your kids?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 12: So I just got off work and then I'm about to go get my kids and.
Speaker 11: Take them to school and then go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you're a good dad. Yeah yeah, well I'll try to be that's great. What do you make of Ronnie's ce foam mess shirt? There?
Speaker 11: It looks pretty cool?
Speaker 3: Would you Pory, just be honest? Would you wear it?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Would I wear it personally, probably not, but.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, bro, you take a care, get some rest, man, if you get those kids to school.
Speaker 12: Okay, yes, I appreciate it, man, Okay.
Speaker 3: Holright, see you later. All right, you got it, Ronnie. Oh that's it, he's gone. I'm here, you are, okay, all right, all right, take care of that man's gas. Let him get his kids and get to sleep. He's been up all night.
Speaker 2: And then you're gonna roll to another gas station in Percloyment after nine o'clock and we'll check in with you there, so you're on the lookout for cargo panted sea foam mesh wearing Ronnie Henry from Kiss FM.
Speaker 12: All Right, I'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm surprised he's in pants, but does he normally not wear pants.
Speaker 5: No, he's usually in shorts. And it's hot out.
Speaker 2: He dressed up for us date. It's his first day giving away free gas. It's a seacrest with you, Ronnie Henry, out in Pacoima with free gas in just a little bit. Tanya has been working on a trending report and she left us with this thought tacky or brilliant. Yes, you have your wedding and you ask your guest to pay for it.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: So this is former nine to two one zero actress Anneline McCord and her fiance, former rugby star Danny Chipriani. So they're officially crowdfunding their wedding, like set up a honey fun page asking fans and guests to help cover costs. Instead of a traditional gift registry, they broke it.
Speaker 5: Down line item by line.
Speaker 6: Item one hundred bucks gets you the marriage license, three hundred dollars covers photography, five hundred for the rehearsal dinner, six hundred if you want to chip in a cake and flowers. They're accepting donations everything from ten dollars to five thousand dollars, and the message reads, help us create our dream wedding and honeymoon experience with any amount of donation. So there's a lot of backlash online because these are two people who were in the public eye. They don't appear to be low on cash.
Speaker 5: But I just want to say, you also just don't know both.
Speaker 6: She's a former actress, he's a former rugby player. Like, we don't know what their financial situation is. But what I think is smart about the situation is when you have like a registry, I would rather as a guest, pay whatever I would pay to send you a knife set for your kitchen.
Speaker 5: I would rather help.
Speaker 3: You pay the flowers. Yeah, Like, I.
Speaker 6: Think this is such a smart idea. So take away the fact that they're in the public eye celebrities. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: You take that out for Sara, let's deconstruct it as a normal couple. I don't like the idea that they asked anyone asks for it, but I do like the idea that you could actually get something to cover the cost of the night, as opposed to fondue forks. I mean that part of it is interesting to me. The other thing I'm thinking to myself, and I'm no expert on weddings, however I've really been exposed to them with you two. The other thing I'm thinking is exposed, Yes, exposed to weddings.
Speaker 3: I was exposed to host yours.
Speaker 5: They're beautiful. Weddings are a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Expergree, especially the third time you do it. Now, Listen, the thing is if you if you can't, if you're asking people to pay for all those things, cut the guest list down.
Speaker 3: There's too many people.
Speaker 4: Didn't you say, they're asking fans. Yeah, that gives me the ack a little bit.
Speaker 3: Me too, I got itck on that.
Speaker 10: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: It's when she said that, I got that.
Speaker 2: I got the same feeling, and I thought, wait a minute, fans should be able to go.
Speaker 5: Then, yeah, I get, I get there's like a little bit.
Speaker 6: I understand the backlash that they're getting because it did like there are certain things that rubbed the wrong way.
Speaker 5: But I think on.
Speaker 6: Its face, I actually like this better than like, I'm like, how many knives have I lost?
Speaker 4: The people do honey fund pages? By the way, even common to have a honey fund.
Speaker 2: I think it's the fact that they were in the public eye, and like you said, you know their financial situation. That's fine, but it is uncomfortable to ask for it. In a way, however, it is practical to say, look, I funded the crab cakes. Where are the crab pairs? I didn't see the crab cakes. I paid for those crab cakes. Those are crab cakes. Those are that's me two of them per plate, all right. Tickets to both nights of our iHeartRadio Music Festival. Congratulations to the couple though.
Speaker 5: Yeah for them, Yeah, they're getting married.
Speaker 1: In October on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Seacrest, Here, you don't know what's gonna happen when you go out in the summer, you go out after the sun goes down. You don't know what wildlife you may encounter here in southern California. You've seen the bears who get in hot tubs. You've seen the bears who come in and open the fridge in your kitchen and then leave.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, there's a mountain lion in Studio City right now.
Speaker 3: Just well, I told you the story about me encountering a mountain lion.
Speaker 4: Right then you ran away from it.
Speaker 3: Well, she told me to be big, and I told her to run. Yes, so we left her.
Speaker 2: Why didn't leave her? I told her to follow me. I'm going this way, and so we're no longer together. It wasn't it wasn't the straw.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like, oh, let me pick you up and let me protect you want.
Speaker 2: To say something to your point tany of so manly. I'm not trying to be manly. I am not trying to.
Speaker 3: Be that guy macho man.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying that yes you are, with all of your thirst traps of you in the gym.
Speaker 2: That's not me trying to be manly. That's just me telling you I'm working at it. What's mainly about this fit right here?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Those sandals are exactly.
Speaker 5: You cannot have the dogs out at work. Literally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like what likea wears a.
Speaker 3: Little ju I have on. They're so short my pants.
Speaker 5: It's the slides that got me. I don't think are slides.
Speaker 3: They're like Chris Cross Jesus, yes they are. They are disciple sandals. Oh my god, new Testament.
Speaker 5: Okay, I really needed that.
Speaker 4: That was a good surprise.
Speaker 2: Well here we are, see not trying to be mad anyway, So let's go.
Speaker 3: Jordan's came up. Didn't put on shoes today. I totally gave up today. I really did.
Speaker 2: My top is fine, but I gave up business. I'm lazy, lazy river.
Speaker 3: On the downside.
Speaker 2: Now, Jordan, backroom producer, you encountered a skunk?
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 13: I ran and screamed into the street.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you supposed to do? Did you look it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I looked up the solution when you get sprayed by a skunk and my dogs and I both did this. We mixed together one teaspoon of dish soap, a quarter of hydrogen peroxide, and fourth cup of baking soda and.
Speaker 3: You had that just lying around with your dogs.
Speaker 13: Actually, yeah, I'm surprised. We had like a whole thing of hydrogen peroxide.
Speaker 2: And I have to find Okay, so this is after the fact. This is what you do when a skunk sprays you. How did you get sprayed so closely?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: It sucks because when it's really hot during the day, you can't walk your dogs, so I have to wait until like later in the evening. And it's just I have to find different routes because usually coyotes are in the neighborhoods too. So this new trail that we were trying out, we came upon a skunk. My dogs found it first, and so I was kind of minding my business. And when I saw them get all willed up, I look over and I see just like the skunk's tails sticking up.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, so bad.
Speaker 13: It was like it smell like burnt wires or like burnt rubber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we know the smell of from the scratch and sniff sticker of elementary school. Yeah, did you bathe yourself in milk? Because that's what I thought I would do if I were sprayed by one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: For me, it was the first thing I did.
Speaker 13: I I only got sprayed on the legs, so I went to the bathtub and I just poured like milk all over my legs.
Speaker 2: But this was in La County, right, Yeah, so that skunk you need oat milk yeah, or some other yeah, and then a little green. I'll do it for the l A skunks. Those Burdbank skunks, they're very well god jerre. Okay, that's a good tip. Take that with you next time you're out walking your dog. Coming up next, you got five hundred bucks and back to school cash. Ronnie is out in Pacoima with free gas. In a minute, Ronnie is out in Pacoima. He goes to more he's socializing. He goes to more conscience than anybody here. Have you seen Kaylannie? Sorry she started to sing when you were talking there. Have you seen her?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 12: I have seen her alive before and she was incredible And I'm still trying to learn the choreography. It's so her fold advance because it is so incredible and like East every time.
Speaker 2: If there's a show, Ronnie's there, And right now he is in Pacoima free gas on site. He picks the gas station, then he picks the car or the truck or whatever, walks up to you and says, hey, I'm Ronnie from Kiss FM.
Speaker 3: Can we buy your gas? Who did you find? Right now? After nine o'clock this morning, I.
Speaker 12: Am here with Oscar. He's actually getting ready to go to work, but I stopped him because I was like, let us give you some free gas. So here's Oscar.
Speaker 2: Hello, Oscar, Good morning, Ryan Seacrestan.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 12: Good in yourself? It's been better now with the freak gas.
Speaker 3: So dude, tell me where were you headed when Ronnie walked up to you to work?
Speaker 12: I'm just pulling on my guess and I was going to hit to work right now.
Speaker 3: What do you do for work?
Speaker 12: I work on cars? Actually.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're familiar with the tank. How much gas do you need in your tank?
Speaker 12: Ah? Well right now it's almost like an empty So Robie, I get full tank.
Speaker 2: We'll take it to the f Well, listen, Oscar, we'll let you go get out of there. Thank you, very much for coming on. Enjoy your free gas we got you.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you take a care all right, you too, Thank you very much, Ronnie.
Speaker 12: Also, I will let you know that Oscar didn't say that he would wear my green mint mess shirt.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll give it to him. He's a good guy. Ronnie out in Becomb with free gas.
Speaker 3: Thank you, buddy. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 12: Talk to you guys later, Tay.
Speaker 2: I'lle get some good social stuff out there giving away the free guests. We have your Universal Studios Hollywood tickets tomorrow. He is in Granada Hills those Universal tickets next.
Speaker 3: Well, Cicony and Tanya.
Speaker 2: I have so much more to give, but I'm gonna harbor it for tomorrow. We'll be back first thing in the morning. Siciney will take you for another hour. If you missed anything, it's up on our podcast at noon on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Have a good day. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.