Speaker 1: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman Rob Gronkowski somewhere in the Hemisphere doing something somewhere who knows what. But we'll be back next week to do the All Dudes Defense Team. But we do have another special episode coming at you this week, Bronk somewhere. We want them here, So we put together all the tight ends we've done so far and conveniently put them all in one place, right here in the nuthouse in the Hemisphere. And then we wrap up the show by naming the Chillis Dude of the Week, presented by Coors Light. They're blue. You know what that means? All right, guys, get ready for a whole lot of tight end talk. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to our first guest. Who's that who catches a hundred balls every fucking You're Travis fucking Kelsey. This guy's a production machine. What does AI have to say? Oh about Travis miel Kelsey? Start the clock now.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelcey is widely regarded as one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, known for his exceptional receiving skills and athleticism so far.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: Off the field, he is seen as a charismatic and dedicated individual. He often praise for his leadership and community involvement. Kelsey has made a significant impact on the Kansas City Chiefs, helping them secure multiple playoff appearances and a Super Bowl victory and out AI not not you know right here? Super Bowl victories. Gotta make it polario.
Speaker 1: He got got he got three. Yeah, he's got three in the category.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got three. AI.
Speaker 1: I mean, would they say just super Bowl victory?
Speaker 2: I knew we were smarter than AI. They're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not there yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, super Bowl and a super Bowl victory all right. He holds several notablele records, including the most consecutive in overall seasons with a thousand receiving yards by a tight end. Recently, Kelsey has been in the spotlight for dating Taylor Swift, co hosting the popular podcast New Heights with his brother Jason Kelcey Killer, and becoming the Chiefs all time leader in receptions, surpassing the legendary Tony Gonzalez. Wow, and there's still a myth about Tony Gonzalez that has not been solved.
Speaker 1: The urban legend.
Speaker 2: We're not going to talk. We're just gonna let that is about Travis. I mean, I mean, this is about Travis. Tony, we know that we know no matter what you are in the world because of that myth, good things coming through with you. Yes, good thing coming through. And Tony guns up. Oh man killer trave Man killer killer killer killer trave.
Speaker 1: He's so slippery.
Speaker 2: He is slippery. That's a good way to put it. Slippery, smooth, smooth, flacks of all functionable.
Speaker 1: He's got like a very reliable he's got a very I remember us talking about it. He just has that basketball body where like he doesn't get hurt. He's always he's elegantly running. When he runs, he's faster than what you think, and he's stronger than what you think. And he's always in the right position.
Speaker 2: Always in the right position. He knows how to find an open hole better than any tight end I have ever seen.
Speaker 1: Finding an open hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah in the defense to him, Okay, the defense, Okay, if it's own, he can find you know, the soft spot. Yeah, that's soft spot, the.
Speaker 1: Soft spot of the Again, just what about man man coverage. Oh man, he has he's got great boat rounds. You see him. He at the top of the.
Speaker 2: Rout he's so like uh like like savvy, yeah, savvy, savvy, savvy, savage savvy at the top of the route, like he can go to boom boom boom like a basketball player dribbling when they're at the top, one on one, crossing over like he's got that And that's what truly gets them open as well. And that's what makes him a great player is because of his knowledge in the zone game, the ability to find the open hole, to find the where the grass is so he can sit there and Patrick Mahomes can just dump it right to him. And then also the ability to just be so savvy a top of the route and have that crossover type of skills and then make the dB confused or the safety or the linebacker that's rare, a linebacker on him, to make them confuse what way he's going on. Boom he breaks out and he has that separation. He can get that separation because of it. And when he hears that separation, you have a quarterback like Patrick Mahomes, He's gonna find you every single time and put that ball on the money?
Speaker 1: Can you keep him separated? What's that from? That's a song? Can you keep him separated? Is that?
Speaker 2: Ooh dang? Who sings that again? I know who that is. I'm getting a tattoo now I'm getting ain't done. That's the same artist, right, I asked for a thirteen, but they drew thirty with the Offspring Offspring. Yes, yes, I think that's the same song too, isn't it? Yeah, yeah, it is the Offspring. Now, Travis Kelcey is like an offspring. He's different from every tight end. He's one of the best ever to play. That's being an offspring right there.
Speaker 1: Now do you get a traditional guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ask me, Jules, Ask me and I'll answer.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared here seeking people comparing them to you.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, it's really like not a comparison. I mean, you can compare us, but we're two totally different players, to tell you the truth, And like, it all depends on what type of scheme you're in as well. Yeah, you know, like what they ask him to do with the Kansas City Chiefs, I could not replicate what he's doing with the Chiefs if you ask him to do what I was doing with the Newing, I don't think he could replicate. He could do it, like I could do what he's doing, but I wouldn't have been able to replicate what he's doing with the Chiefs at that level, and they know how to use his skill set. We have two totally different skill sets by far, like by far, like he's savvy. At the top of the route, I was, I'm gonna run and I'm just gonna go to the corner and I'm gonna outrun the guy. I'm gonna use my body. I'm gonna be physical, and Tom just throw the ball up. And if the guy's on me, I'm bigger than him, I'm going to use my body box them out and just go up and catch the freaking ball. All right, Just throw me the ball. There was nothing more to it. This guy has like eight moves. He's like a wide receiver out there. So we're two totally different players. You can compare us because we both wear at number eighty seven, So that's that's in comparison right there. But if he fit, you know, if you brought him to doing a pitch, I don't think he would be able to do what I was doing. He would be able to do it, but not to the capable level that I was being able to do it at. So we're different players, man, way, totally different players. He has mastered his skill set as well, just like I mastered my skill set and what I brought to the table. But I mean, I'm not, you know, sick of it. I mean, he's he's a great player. I mean, he definitely belongs as the best tight end in the NFL, or debate debatable as being the best tight end in the NFL due to his stats and what he has done for the position. But uh, you know, it's just an honor. I guess it's an honor to be in the same category.
Speaker 1: Now, what if you guys were both in the same team.
Speaker 2: I think we would be perfect to be both on the same team. I mean, I feel like we kind of counter each other. Uh, there's no doubt about it, just the way, you know, like I was saying, how we were different players. His aspect of the game, how he you know, can line up anywhere, how he can motion to any any point on the field at any given time. I was kind of a guy like Tom that I really got a motion across the line of scrimmage, like like sometimes I was in the huddle like I'm tom I know I got a motion here, but I'm just gonna line up over there. Man, I'm like too big to be motion here. You know, Travis is lighter, you know you can motion him around, you know, set him up. Yeah, I had that happen before. Yeah, you know. I you know, I got a lot of masks. So we would compliment each other unbelievable, and I would say that we would have been the best duel. I would say, one of the best duels to play if we play with each other, don't you think so.
Speaker 1: We've had a doubt, Yeah, I mean we kind of had that.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. I was actually I was actually gonna say that that we would we would have broke the records of me and the other guy about I won't mention names. We broke basically every record in the book. When when it was him and I number eighty five, yeah it was I think he had like two numbers. I think he was eighty one at first eighty and then number eighty five. So we broke every record in the book for being dual tight ends. Like we had like what.
Speaker 1: Twenty six touchdowns a year and like, I don't know, twenty four hundred yards just between tight ends, Travis Callacy and I together would have definitely matched those numbers or produced even more then you at slat receiver than Randy Moss out wide. Just there's so much cluction is going on in that.
Speaker 2: Who would be our quarterback there, Mahomes or Brady or we have them both and one would play one half I the other.
Speaker 1: We got to go Brady, I know, I agree, because we don't know. I don't know how to play with. We don't know how to play that that scramble drill, second play within a play that was not like our forte. So those guys learn that it's that scrambled drill. Like Travis is always open when there's that second play within the play that Patrick Mahomes creates. And they've got on such a wavelength where he's always in the open position and he knows where to go. He reads and scans the field better than anyone, and he always finds open and Mahomes always delivered it to him, So it it'd be different, it'd be very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that second phase of a play. He's got that down to a science on how to get open. I mean, that's due to Patrick Mahomes being able to scramble like that. But Travis is also one of the most clutch players in the history history fell There's no doubt about it when it comes to playoff performances or tough all the number game. He has all the numbers, he has all the catches when it's when it's that time to make a play, and he's swaggy as fun. He is swaggy, he's smooth. But I swear it's due to the fact that he has that like basketball mentality, the basketball body like yeah, like he's not Jackie has another dad By like Patrick Mahomes in a way, but a little bit skinnier, a little bit more proportioned dad Bot, I would say. But those guys, man, I'm telling you, they don't get hurt, they don't pull muscles, and it's because they're not tight. And he's not tight at all. And I swear that's what makes him.
Speaker 1: He's playing that he is. He's yeah, fluid, impliable, he's and people are worried about him right now. I'm not worried because his production is a little bit. He had a good game, but I'm not worried until like Travis is going to show up when the team needs him in December January. That's like, that's when that's when you need him. Okay, he got he's thirty four years old. Now he's chilling until that point and he'll turn it on and these jokers will probably go out and win again because he's part of that formula. Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid, Travis Kelcey, Spags and Christians.
Speaker 2: And on top of it, he kind of is a complete tight end. He doesn't get the job done in the trenches. You're not gonna put him one on one with a freaking two hundred and eighty pounds defensive vent Like you know, Coach Balichuk loved to do with me in practice and just you know, get my brains, you know, just mushed every day versus Rob Ninkovich and all the other guys. He just loved putting me versus every single practice and just loved watching me just bang my head every day and then go out and do it in games. But it was fun. I loved it. That's that's why I did it and never complained. But uh, but he gets the job done. You want to know how I describe blocking James Harrison. That's kind of what he does. He's kind of got it down to get He gets in.
Speaker 3: The way and he knows where the play has to hit. Any knowing board, that's all you need to do. That's all you need to do. If you got that down those signs, which he does and I've seen him do it. It springs the running back stale. The guy does not make the play. So he's got it down.
Speaker 2: And tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: He's a superstar, a super superstar. He's Dame Taylor fucking Swift.
Speaker 2: And they might could they should have a kid. They should That would be a great kid. It would be a what would would kid be performing? Like, you know, having eight catches a game and then like halftime he's doing the halftime show in like fifteen, No, in like twenty four.
Speaker 1: Years probably sooner. Yeah, Taylor was on the scene when she was like thirteen, all right.
Speaker 2: So it would be like the new Ryan Williams. You know how, he's seventeen years old at Alabama, so their kid would be like fourteen in college. They're just surpassed like middle school because he's so smart.
Speaker 1: And then he would go like do a duet with like he would go do something with Quavo right after.
Speaker 2: Yeah so, and then he'll be in the league at eighteen and then singing.
Speaker 1: And performing like halftime top ten hits in a TikTok song.
Speaker 2: Dang, they need to have a kid. If that's the case, they.
Speaker 1: Gotta have it, gotta And we would be crazy not to talk about last year's AFC Championship game when all year, all year, we kept on hearing people not me, not me. Chiefs are done, they look old, they look slow. Where's Travis Kelce? What are they doing? Red hot Baltimore? What are they doing? Rd hot Baltimore. He goes eleven catches on eleven targets in the AFC Championship when everyone knows they're throwing him the ball. That's a fucking that's a killer. I was why they call him kill.
Speaker 2: Draft clutch, one of the most clutch players of all time. I loid that already. How about when I first met him, my very first time of truly meeting I'm like, truly truly meet him. He came to Gronk beach Man. It was really cool. He was in Vegas. It was in Vegas. The draft was in Vegas. And he came up to Gronk Beach. You were there. I was hammered, man, I was. I was hammered. Actually, it was one of the few times in the last few years where I was pretty hammed up, and I was I'm awesome when I ended up. Actually, you jumped on my back. I didn't feel it, didn't even carr it was on my back. I just started running around on stage jewels and you jumped on my back, and all of a sudden, kill a trap shows up and we're having a dance off on the stage. He can dance, and he rob could dance, but I could dance like kind of like they're my own dance was but he can for real dance because like we said, he's fluid.
Speaker 1: He's fluid.
Speaker 2: I got too muscular, man. I just never worked out like the way I worked out like in high school and college, like I should have been doing like more pliability stuff. Yeah right, yeah, because that was kind of my mottol, Like that was kind of my persona being jacked.
Speaker 1: You were a senior in high school playing against fourth graders when you were playing imagine, just fucking.
Speaker 2: Imagine like if I was looser and I could dance better, and you could dance.
Speaker 1: You dance your own style.
Speaker 2: You're good, You're right. I'm the best at dancing my style. Ain't no one can match me.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody imagine, Like, all right time, let's drop in. What kind of dude is Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you kind of just said it already. You hit it right off the bat, without even thinking about it, without even going over the categories. I mean, we got freak. I don't really think he's a freak.
Speaker 1: He's a freak.
Speaker 2: Maybe somewhere else.
Speaker 1: He's freaking the sheets.
Speaker 2: May freaking the sheets because you know, but killing But hey, that's all, that's all I'm going to say. That's how far I'm only going to go. But but on the football field, like his physical attributes, No, not not really a freak like we said, dad Bob, but fluid so like a freak. Is like DK Metcalf like that. Dude's freaky.
Speaker 1: Eats like cheetos for breakfast, and he's got a nineteen pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. This guy a dog. He's definitely a dog. He's definitely motivated.
Speaker 1: He's a dog. I think he's a dog. Yes, he's a Dude's dude too.
Speaker 2: I bet ye.
Speaker 1: He's so cool in Lock. He's a stud.
Speaker 2: Make some beers with you.
Speaker 1: He's a whiz.
Speaker 2: He's that's because he knows how to get open. I wouldn't say he's like true whiz, but he's a whiz and at his position kind of just like myself. Tight ends. Don't know that we know the whole playbook, but we're not like the smartest. You know, we know what we just need to know.
Speaker 1: You didn't miss up much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I said, we know what we need to know.
Speaker 1: Hey, so is he a stud?
Speaker 2: Is he a stud? He is a stud. He is a stud. He's definitely a stud. But is he a dog? I think it's between stud and dog.
Speaker 1: I think because he went to Cincinnati and what he was a fifth round draft pick or fourth round draft, third round draft pick. He had the troubles in college with the marijuana bullshit. That's why he dropped to the third. I think that's like kind.
Speaker 2: Of being more of a dog. That's a dog because if you're getting in trouble for that stuff and you're.
Speaker 1: Saying you're still going out and performing, Studs don't get in trouble for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Studs don't get in trouble. Studs can get out of it. Stud's gotta be a start on the field and off the field in order to be label a stud. Yeah, and like getting in trouble for that.
Speaker 1: That's it's kind of weak to get in trouble. But it's also a dog. It's a dog.
Speaker 2: You get in trouble, dog goes in its cage and it comes back out.
Speaker 1: That's a dog.
Speaker 2: That's a dog.
Speaker 1: He's a Dog's a dog.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's move on to our next guest. So I'm just gonna check my no Instagram live here.
Speaker 2: Oh well, hold on, let me check mine. I have a text message, Joe. This starts with Dix and a inertial wave.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, Dix in inertia wave? Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: That's the first four words. So, oh, Dix and inertial Wave are collaborating with Rob What is that? Am I accepting this collaboration?
Speaker 1: Oh? Dick sporting good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says Dick's an inertial wave. Like this is getting raunchy, but it kind of goes with Shannon Sharp Instagram live. So make sure those Instagra lives are turned off. Right now, ladies and gentlemen, because we don't know what may happen.
Speaker 1: Start the clock. What's AI gotta say about? Oh, Shannon?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shannon shop Shannon Sharp is renowned as one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, known for his exceptional athoticism and competitive spirit off the field, He is admired for his character off the field. He is admired for his charismatic personality and dedication to community service. That was community service on the Instagram Live made a lot of people happy, a lot of people happy.
Speaker 1: A lot of people got happy. Yeah, they sure did. And entertainment too. Entertainment, Hey, that's community service shaving the community.
Speaker 2: Yes, it sure is all right. We're getting a little yeah man now hey. Chart made a significant impact on the Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens, winning three Super Bowl titles and becoming a key player in their offenses. He was the first tight end to surpass ten thousand receiving yards. Don't even have ten thousand receiving yards. And this was back in the day. Back in the day, basically, and how the records for most receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns by a tight end at the time of his retirement, Sharpe's post retirement career as a sports analyst has farther solidified his influence in the football world. And he's not just a analyst in the football world either, He's an analyst in all of sports, which he is like he's he is broad in his his fan based big time by you know, breaking down basketball, basketball, breaking down, breaking what badminton if he had to, dude, this guy can do it all in the broadcasting world.
Speaker 1: When he went up with Skip him and Skip like he could battle him, he could talk. I mean, there's no that's he's famous for a reason, not just his his podcast Uncle Say Shay and and everything that he's got going. This guy is, like you could tell he's a fucking smart guy. He looks like he can still play.
Speaker 2: He sure does. He looks like a linebacker now as well. He looks like he's jack. He can go out there and just level fools and just get right back up. He is jacked. And I think he posted an instagram within the year of him benching still and I think it was like three eighty five, it was around there. He don't quote me the exact way, but it was right around there and uh, he put it up like five times as well. Jesus, he's huge jacked.
Speaker 1: I watched a lot of the films and the miked up and stuff. Yeah, he could talk some shit. He's one of the Janet Shark could talk.
Speaker 2: Some He is the biggest shiit talking tight end in NFL history, without doubt, no doubt about that. How about when he when he came to uh Foxborough, one of the old stadium back in the day, obviously he was playing in the nineties. Uh, and he picked up the phone.
Speaker 1: The red phone, and no one picks up the red phone.
Speaker 2: No one picks up the phone. You get you ass busted if you pick up that phone.
Speaker 1: But hey, hey, someone called the press.
Speaker 2: Where what did he say exactly? Or we just someone call the president. We're killing the patriots, soning the troops then something like that. It was right along that those lines, right right, yeah, we are killing the Patriots, son, someone called the president. We are killing the Patriots.
Speaker 1: And this is back before like talking to the cam like now we see players always talking to the camera on the sideline or before a game, pregame, postgame, like Sean Sharp was an innovator of a lot of that, Like when you'd see the guys warming up in the warm ups and stuff, he'd always engaged the camera like and let you know he's about to run up all of your ass in the game that week and start talking to the fans. He's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: He is crazy. I mean he has wide receiver bill because I think he was drafted as a wide receiver as well, was he, Yeah, he was, and then he put on some weight. Obviously you got to put on weight if you're drafted as a wide receiver went to the tight end position. But that kind of explains why he was such a great route unner because he was a receiver coming into the NFL. And uh, that kind of explains why he's so jacked as well, because he had that skinny frame and then he had to hit the waits hard. There's no doubt about it. He has like cis down hill speed. Like when he gets going he catches that ball, he's gone. When he catches, he's gone. He's a freak run by. Yeah, he is a freak. He's, no doubt, a little.
Speaker 1: Hey kind of a freak. I don't I don't even think we got a debate at the end. I think he's a freak no matter what, Well we know he's a freaking Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I mean that that Instagram Live back to the Instagram Live real quick. You think it was set up? I mean, I mean to get into Instagram Live, you have to open up your phone, your face has to be recognized or you got to put your password, and you gotta hit Instagram. Then you got to hit like the story but and then you got to move over to the right and hit Instagram Live. And then when you hit that, it says are you sure you want to go live? And then you got to hit yes. I mean, I still think it's an accident.
Speaker 1: It's a girl.
Speaker 2: It was an accident.
Speaker 1: Was it a girl? Or was he live before? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Story live before and accidentally put his phone down. I'm not sure. But I mean it was entertainment. I mean I didn't listen. He was getting the job done. I didn't listen either.
Speaker 1: What a hell of a career one what do He won three Super Bowls, two with the Broncos and John Elway and that late Broncos surge of John's career, and then he went to the Ravens and was part of that founding block of foundation for that organization. Him and Ray Lewis, Like Ray was the guy that had the team, and it was like always they always had like quarterbacks that weren't necessarily like big name quarterbacks. It was more of playing to the defense. And you know the guy on the offense that was always represented with Shannon Sharp. That's what I remember as a kid when you watch the Ravens, it was Shannon Sharp's team on the offense. And that's that's crazy. The crazy thing about Shannon is his brother Sterling, in the amount of respect he had for his brother, who he had like a what he played, how many years he played, seven years in the league, got cut with the neck injury, got cut short with the neck injury, was like tearing up everything. Was all pro five times, led the NFL in receptions a few three years. And it was really cool to hear when Shannon got inducted to the Hall of Fame that he would be the only guy up there in the Hall of Fame that had a brother that was better than him. He said something along those leges I'm paraphrasing, so you have to give a shout out to Sterling, and he was he was really good on TV back in the day too well. Shout out to Sterling as well, because actually, I didn't know any of this as ever occurred. I didn't know that Shannon had a brother.
Speaker 2: He was a munster I played in the NFL that Thank you for the fact, Jewels, thank you for the knowledge. We're always here to learn. That was pretty cool that you know more about a tight end, and then you know, I know about a tight end. So that was cool.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool to hear the brother brother that he had an older brother, Like, do you have any of those stories where your older brother like punked you into mm hm.
Speaker 2: Of course. That's why. I also think it was really cool that you share that story because I got three older brothers and one younger brother played on their teams. Gowing up played same football teams in high school and college and didn't remember Dan was on our team. Yeah, with the New England Patriots for a little bit. Yeah, big piece, he does have a big piece. It's dark as well. Yeah, so it's like like a double whammy big piece. Yeah, a little way big piece. It's tan. I guess I don't know. That's why I've heard. That's what his wife.
Speaker 1: Told me here his brother. You've definitely seen his No.
Speaker 2: No, he's never showed me. I was making fun of him one time and then his wife came in like, well, he has a bigger and darker dick than you know. I was like, well, I know that, but I'm gonna keep making fun of him, like I already know that. That's why I am making fun of him so I can make myself feel But okay, back to Shannon Sharp, who has a sharp piece cool. Why are we allays? Jus? Why are we talking about this stuff?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is dude talk though, this is dude's on dudes Like this is so great because whenever we get off you know, subjact and topic and everything, we can always just blame it on the name of the show. It's dude just being dudes, and no, lie, that's what dudes do. Man dudes talk about. It's weird why DoD dudes talk about peace sizes so much, like when it's just the dudes like on the couch watching the game. I don't why is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It always comes back to that, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Mona mono mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Fourth leg the greatest trash talker of all time. There's I was watching him on the whatever NFL, one of those NFL shows, Top one hundred shows wherever I had the NFL channel line, and uh, someone told Shannon Sharp before, don't quote me exactly, it's just along these lines. They said, Hey, Shannon, you want to be famous, you want to be well known, then don't block. And Shannon Sharp took that to heart, and he went out there and goes, I'm gonna go out there and catch passes. I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna be well known. I'm gonna be famous, and I'm gonna catch pass the score touchdowns and get first downs. And that's sure what he did. But he wasn't that bad of a blocker either. He went out there, he got.
Speaker 1: An he's kind of one of the first tight ends, revolutionized the tight end position as well, and uh to open up an offense at the.
Speaker 2: Tight end position. And he's kind of more of an h back tight end as well, kind of shorter, more stock here, and he got the job done. He could run. He runs like a deer.
Speaker 1: He I mean, he didn't have all those stats for not being great. I mean he's a monster. Did you ever watch that Kat Williams interview?
Speaker 2: Nah, I haven't, but hey, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Either, But I just remember the hype of that whole thing. That's what That's what happened with. Kat Williams went on like a three hour rant.
Speaker 2: I feel like Shannon would be a great time to hang out with. Like I bet back in the day when he was your teammate and you went out to the club with him, he would be a freaking great and he would go up and talk to any girl. I bet he just talks trash. Twenty four to seven. He would go up. He'd be in the club talking to like eight girls I wants, talking garbage about his teammates are hyping you up, like piping you up, you up? You see you know you see my boy over there. You see that touchdown he had. You see he needs a girl like you. He needs a back massage, he needs some relaxation. We need him ready for next week. Can you please go over there and just sit on his lap. I'm telling you, go looking guy. I see I seen him, seen him in the shower too before. I'm telling you he's looking at ultimate hype guy. B bet you would be like that.
Speaker 1: But he probably you probably hate playing against him, like we never played against him. You probably hate playing against Shannon Sharp just because of a his production, how good he was, and b he let you know how good he was.
Speaker 2: Most rip tight end of all time too. He's got he's up there, up there, he is the most ripped.
Speaker 1: Look at him, he's fucking jack.
Speaker 2: Jack biceps freaking sticking out.
Speaker 1: He loved at Hennessy. I see I've seen him drinking Hennessy. Is it a bunch right, there's always pictures. I swear he'll be working out. I don't know what it is, but this guy, I don't know how he can drink that alcohol and look that great God touched him because he he's fucking a monster in a great way. Who were some of the best trash talkers you you played against?
Speaker 2: Oh, Charles Socks he was great. Yeah, yeah, yeah he does. Tisz was great man. He was a scary player as well. He was massive. T says, love to talk talk talk garbage.
Speaker 1: What do you say to you?
Speaker 2: I mean it was so long ago. Yeah yeah, it was so long like you grown, yeah, like just ship like that. He loved he loved the talk like over the line and over me and just directed right to Brady. They always always, man, he was just directing it right to time every single game. And then I would be in front of him. You ain't touching Tom, I'm here, I'm chipping your ass even getting Yeah, but uh, I would never talk garbage back really to him because he was scary too. Yeah, he was scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Scott. Would you to Billy remember that in the playoff game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scott, Bart Scott.
Speaker 1: I remember when Bart Scott went up right, he was three inches from Billy O'Brien's face and said, fuck you, white boy, and Billy ohs, he goes, fuck you.
Speaker 2: I love him, Billy.
Speaker 1: Game. That was when we were fourteen and two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: They beat our ass in that division, Jets.
Speaker 2: We should have never lost that freaking What was it?
Speaker 1: What was Bart Scott's thing?
Speaker 2: Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to lose the next game?
Speaker 1: Ten minutes is up? All right? What kind of dude is Shannon Sharp?
Speaker 2: I mean, freak, absolutely freak. He's from the weight room, freak on the field, freaking the sheet's just freaking on the Undisputed Show, freaking serious radio when he was on and he's been a freak his whole life.
Speaker 1: He's freaky.
Speaker 2: He's freaky, freaky, freaky.
Speaker 1: He's also he could be dog.
Speaker 2: Oh, but he's more of a freak.
Speaker 1: He's a freak. He's freaky Friday Stamp. He's a freaky Friday. Freaky Friday. Let's get on, George Kittle, Rob, What do you got? What's AI saying?
Speaker 2: Let's see what AI has today for me? George Kittle, Here we go.
Speaker 1: AI.
Speaker 2: George Kittle is known for being an exceptional tight end with a combination of dynamic receiving skills and strong blocking ability. He excels in both the passing game and the run game, using his athleticism, speed, and physicality to make plays and create opportunities. Kittle is also recognized for his toughness and versatility, making him a key weapon in the San Francisco forty nine ers offense. I agree his ability to gain yards after the catch and his effectiveness as a blocker make him one of the most well rounded and impactful tight ends in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Let's start the clock. We already should have We're two minutes in. Yeah, dude, Kittle, He's like the first of this whole Iowa fucking craze tight ends was in there.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily. I'm gonna kind of throw myself into that category. You want to know why you and Iowa. No, I didn't go to Iowa, but you want to know why. My first two years in the NFL, my tight end coach.
Speaker 1: Who was Brian Farrens. Brian Farren's offensive court Yes for the Iowa Hawk guys. I remember Brian Farrens. He'd always put you up on that board. He was a fun coach.
Speaker 2: I love Brian Farns. I'll still remember to this day some of the lessons he taught me. And first off, he taught me how to block. He's the one who helped make me the blocker of who I was in the NFL, which is very much exactly. And that's why kill is an all around tight end because they emphasized blocking first, no doubt about it. And on top of it, Brian, Brian Farrens many times always told me just keep being you man, You're an awesome guy. Keep being you.
Speaker 1: It's going to get you the places that you would never imagine.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Coach Farens. I'll still remember that to this day. What I loved about Coach Farnc He says, when you're nervous, you're ready. And I was nervous coming into this podcast. Well and I thought about him again. I thought about him every single game I had, and I was nervous. If you're nervous, you're ready. Thank you, Coach Farens.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? And it's crazy what Coach Farrence basically said to you is probably everything that like Kittle is kind of shoots out on the field, you know, selfless guy, be yourself. Which he's a very charismatic dude when you think of like he's a funny dude. He's the guy who started tight End You, which is this huge event which you get to go to all the time. Like he's a character not just off the field, but he's got that fun like little kid like rob kind of energy, like gronk energy when he's playing. Because you guys both like when you guys both play, it looks like you guys are having the funnest time ever. You know, like you guys like blocking. He loves blocking. Kittle gets open a lot because of how hard he blocks.
Speaker 2: It's the truth, man, And if you're a good blocker, in the NFL at the tight end position, you're gonna be able to get those easy passes thrown your way. That's the reward for blocking in the NFL is the play action passes. When the linebackers step up, the quarterbackers dumps it to you after the fake handoff to the running back and boom you catch it, you know, eight yards down the field and boom. Then you just make the safety miss.
Speaker 1: You can have a twenty yard game off of a little play action pass and just keep the chains moving.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the question. Miami University was tight end you Back in the day when I was high school, they had freaking Greg Olsen, Jeremy Shahi, Kellen Winslow, Winslow Junior.
Speaker 1: I'm a soldier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a soldier. And he's like that, because you want to know why he said it, because they absolutely leveled like five guys on one play and then they asked him about that play and then he goes, I'm a soldier. He's not taking any ship. He's in war. But they had a couple other guys as well that was going to a league that they were sending the backups were getting drafted.
Speaker 1: Greg Olsen, Greg Olsen, But I said, Greg Olsen, you know what, they will never forget Gregs. You can't. But that was the tight end you when we were growing up. That was tighten you. Now really has to be Iowa. And it's because of the start of this, this whole thing with Kittle, I mean Kettle fifth round draft pick, which makes it even more impressive. He's a fifth round guy. He wasn't the biggest dude, he wasn't the strongest dude, but he always fucking blocks his nuts off. He's willing to give his body up. He makes big time plays for his team when they need it. On a crucial third down, he makes red area blocks where he's taking his fucking defensive end and driving him in the end zone. Like he's the guy that you always want to play with. He's that that's that's the kind of and he's always fun. You could tell he's positive and he comes from like a lore of family from Iowa.
Speaker 2: Like what do you what do you mean, Jules? You can tell he is positive, Like that's just a well known fact that he is a positive guy. Whenever you're around George Kittle, like your aura just lifts up. He's just always looking for the best thing out of anything that happens. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very optimistic. He's like optimistic, positive thinker m hm, you know. And and honestly, that's the kind of vibes that you you gave off when we were in the locker room. It's there's guys that are hard. Oh's there's guys that are asshole. Like I was a guy that was like I had to be in a certain mindset to asshole. Yeah, I had to be an asshole, not an asshole, but.
Speaker 2: Like I, but you weren't. You weren't an asshole, but you were like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I made it.
Speaker 2: I made guys a heart. I was hard, No, but you weren't.
Speaker 1: That just a tad bit because you were, like you said, you were making them accountable.
Speaker 2: And that's what the technique you used to make them.
Speaker 1: And that's because I worked so hard and it took me a long place to get to where I got, so like that's what I was.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Then there was guys like Kiddle and yourself that like you guys work insanely hard. You do great in the classroom, but you do it with like a smile on your face, and you're always happy, Like there's different guys in the locker room and you. And that's what I feel when I think of like George Kittle, that guys is just like a positive, great dude to have around, especially with you know, their locker room. They got so many different charismatics characters there. You're like, it's it's just a great piece. I think he's a freaking baller.
Speaker 2: And going back to Iowa and about and being tight end you. They also had TJ.
Speaker 1: Hockinson come out of Iowa highest paid tight ends in the game.
Speaker 2: Noah fan Font how do you say his last name? Faint?
Speaker 1: I don't know, fine, Noah Font. Yes, yes, he's a great player. He's huge, man. That dude's huge. Hole.
Speaker 2: You got Sam Laporta, the best rookie last year, went to the Pro Bowls over eight hundred yards. I'm sure he's going to have over a thousand yards on ten plus tds this year as well. Give the University of Iowa for this decade, you know, to be known as tight end you.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure. The story about his dad writing letters before every game, that's pretty hard hitting. Did your pups ever write you anything?
Speaker 2: No, my pops never wrote me anything like that. But he always motivated me, especially growing up. He always told me, hey, if you want to be better than everyone else, if you want to get to the next level, you got to outwork everyone. And my dad's been selling fitness equipment for over thirty years now. So you put a weight room in the basement and said, hey, hey, you want to make it to the pros. Buddy, you want to make it. You want to be able to dunk, you want to be able to block, you want to be able to toss guys around. Well, get your ass in the weight room and get stronger. Now, you know, he wasn't a hard ass about it, but he always let us that way. Hey, get in the basement. Now, you want to be strong, get in the basement. You want to whoop some ass, Get in the basement.
Speaker 1: That you got to have that he's got that same You know, it's it may be different because he's getting letters and you're eating weights. You know it's still that dad kind of love like I had mine, in a different way. You always know and hear about him and his relationship with his family. He seems like just a fun dude off the field too.
Speaker 2: He has a fun you ever hung out with him. I've only hung out with him at Tight On You, and I just met him a couple other times, just really quick and he's always fun, just so positive. And what I love about him though, is that we are very similar. That's for sure. We have similar game. He's an all around tight end and he's the best all around tight end in the game right now. Yes, blocker, Yes, in the receiving game. What I really love about him is he's a WWE fan, bro and he's an ultimate WWE fan. Pretty sure. He's done a couple of things with WWE. I think with WrestleMania. I think his favorite wrestlers like Luca Hanna, Luka Hanahanas. He has that vibe to go into wrestling after he's done playing, he'd always be cutting WWE promos. He's always upb I mean, he's got great energy. I mean, in order to start National tight End Day, he started tight End You while playing. He's got a lot of juice and that's why people love him. That's why his teammates love him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure, how many guys do you think he has picked up on his team that are down? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't feel like playing right there? He is he's there every day. Hey guys, let's go let's go let's have fun. Let's go make some plays, let's go cut some balls, let's go do this, let's go do that. You know, he's just ooras to pick guys up around him. That's a guy you want in your locker, om, guy you want on your team, especially at the tight end position, the best position in the game. I mean not biased, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean he was a standout on the TV show Receiver. I mean that's how big of a or he has for a tight end, like he would under Receiver and pretty much dominated that show. Not saying like statistically this that, but like his story was like so fun watching on him and his family. And he's got a crazy sneaker collection. He's a monster.
Speaker 2: He has a monster and it's just he's like a guy that you want to work out with when you're working out. Sometimes you go into the workout and you're like, I gotta work out.
Speaker 1: He's like James Devil in the weight room.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is.
Speaker 1: But then you just start working out him and boom of, the switch is switched and he was just.
Speaker 2: Like turning the lights on you just when you're around him. You hit that switch up and boom, the lights are on.
Speaker 1: I bet you he has a come out to the weight room song when he goes into the weight room, like he probably puts on one song like a wrestling song, like a like a stone cold.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: That's how I bet he starts his fucking workout because he's so like that.
Speaker 2: What I don't like about him, though, is he broke my receiving record. Well, Travis Kelsey did too that year, but George Kittle broke my receiver. I had thirteen hundred and twenty seven yards that one year, and uh yeah he broke that. And plus he had a two hundred plus yard game, which rememberable as a tight end on two hundred plus yards.
Speaker 1: But that's ten minutes.
Speaker 2: We got to determine, Oh my gosh, absolute monster.
Speaker 1: So where do we put him? Then? What kind of dude is he? What kind of dude? Is a freak, a dog, a whiz or a dude's dude. I mean he's kind of a dude's dude.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So he's a stud, Like he's so positive, like people don't for.
Speaker 2: You understand either. He's a freak.
Speaker 1: Bro This guy is so strong pound for pounds he might be the strongest guy on the team, and he's got that weird leverage streak like.
Speaker 2: That lifts like five hundred plus pounds from what I hear. I never worked out with him, but he's.
Speaker 1: Mentally he's got dog in him. But I'm leaning towards dudes.
Speaker 2: Dude, he is a dude's dude.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with that because he's a locker room guy, locker room positive energy, come cool collect always. I've never seen a bad micd up on him.
Speaker 2: No, I never have.
Speaker 1: Man, I got yell at referees and I've swore like he's just like always.
Speaker 2: Like I actually envy his energy.
Speaker 1: I want his energy. Oh wait, time out. Wow, we forgot his picture as well, Jules. I blame that on you. I blame that on you, Jewels, because you were the veteran with the pictures on the very first show, and that was my first time I needed to be reminded the picture is you forgot? But there he is, everyone there he is. That picture just exemplifies him. That explains him totally tongue out, having a good old time smiling with his tongue out.
Speaker 2: You know how you know.
Speaker 1: That's all greasy hasn't showered in a week, just has dudes all over him from the last practice. Swaggy sneaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, oh, man.
Speaker 1: George Kittle, he's a Dude's dude, he's a dude.
Speaker 2: He is. I just on the field, off the field.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break. Our last guy is someone that played before us. We never played with him. A legend, tall, handsome, crazy stories about him, you know, crazy urban legends about like he would only have al.
Speaker 2: Dubras L doublas is. I'm not saying what the al dobras mean. I don't even know what that type of L doubles they were, But I heard the word in the street was L dobras only or nothing?
Speaker 1: What does L dobla mean?
Speaker 2: Not just one but two jewels?
Speaker 1: L doublas.
Speaker 2: He was so good looking he wanted allow just one L doubla. It is he would allow two only. And I mean that's just a word on this urban myth. And let me tell you it was my rookie year when I heard that urban myth, and man, did I think it was one of the coolest things I've ever heard. I wanted to be like this guy more than anyone.
Speaker 1: Else many Gonzalez.
Speaker 2: I mean I already kind of know already from the beginning what category he fits in.
Speaker 1: But what's our co pilot say, rob Let's see what our.
Speaker 2: Co pilot says about Tony. H good, old Tony Gunzalez. He basically has every record in the record book at number one.
Speaker 1: For a long time. Keep it for the time limit, We'll keep it.
Speaker 2: They're talking about keep it for the time all right, hit the time limit. Now we're going to start the time limit when the co pilots. Yeah, that makes sense. We're taking off, co pilot, check your engines, check engines on. Tony Gunzalees was a highly skilled and versatile tight end in American full known for his exceptional receiving abilities. He was renowned, right, that was the right word again, renowned. Hey, they use this word twice now, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know it's English.
Speaker 2: That's not good. We're smarter than co pilot. For his precise route running, reliable hands, and athleticism. Over his career, Gonzalez became one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history history, earning fourteen Pro Bowl selections. Let me put the let me put this stat into perspective. I've only played eleven football seasons in my career, fourteen Pro.
Speaker 1: Bowl selections, timeless Latin don't crack, baby.
Speaker 2: They don't. And numerous records for receptions in receiving yards at his position, including the tight end touchdown record as well. I think he has like one hundred, like twenty six touchdowns. Actually, no, Antonio Gates hold that holds that rector, Yeah he does, My bad, But Tony Gonzalez holds every other record, all right. His ability to contribute both as a receiver and a blocker made him a key asset to any and that's the truth. He played for two teams. He was an absolute legend with the Kansas City Chiefs, and then he went to like the Atlanta Falcons at like what thirty three, thirty four years.
Speaker 1: Old and still balled.
Speaker 2: And still ball at that age. I remember Coach Belichick. We played the Falcons a couple of times when I was a rookie, second year, third year player, and all he did was circle Tony Gonzalez and said, we have to stop this guy. We want to win if we want to have, you know, the ability to have a chance if the defense wants to perform well, we have to stop Tony Gonzalais. We gotta jam him off the line. He makes contested catches. So you got to follow through with the play, you know, make sure he doesn't get up and jump over you, make sure he doesn't turn and get that ball. You gotta follow every movie makes from the start of the play to the end of the play, and you gotta double cover him.
Speaker 1: You got to. You got him. I loved him though, because, oh my god, I remember at Berkeley he was playing basketball, dunking on dudes like he was a fucking athlete. He's He's one of the first like athletic tight ends, like pure athlete tight ends that the game has seen.
Speaker 2: He was so smooth and he was one of the first ever to start that tradition of hey, a basketball player, a power forward can play in the NFL at the tight end position. And he played basketball at kal So shout out to the Pac ten. He played in the PAC ten. I played in the PAC ten. Yes, rest in peace to the whole Pack twelve conference.
Speaker 1: To play in the Pac ten. But keep going RP. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He made it to the Sweet sixteen at the University of California and in two thousand and two. He played in the NBA Summer League as well for the Miami Heat. That's just a type of athlete Tony Gonzalez was, and I feel like that's kind of why he was the player he was, and why he was so durable too, because he had that basketball background. I feel like basketball players sustain their athleticism and skill set way longer than.
Speaker 1: The football players.
Speaker 2: They're way more fluid, they're way more flexible, so much more smooth.
Speaker 1: I feel like this muscle is sometimes better for that it is.
Speaker 2: And I feel like football players trained well, No, I mean trained the wrong way. Trained too hard, We trained too higher, too, made us too stiff. And that's what made him the player that he was, because he trained like a basketball player.
Speaker 1: He always just he just was smooth. Always, he always looked smooth, you know. Apparently the urban religion is that he smoothed off the field as well. But uh, you know, whenever you saw him go up and catch a ball, like in slow motion, it almost looked like he was a dancer, like with how effortless and light he was on his feet for such a big dude. And then him always dunking the football and the goal post is something that I remember through my childhood and early on in my career when he was at the later part of his career that he did all the time.
Speaker 2: And kind of like that football you know, I mean the basketball transition to the NFL. I feel like the guy was so durable as well. He missed like what two games in his career? Yeah, play, well, how many you only missed two games? Eighteen seasons? How many seasons did he play eighteen nineteen to how many games? It was something ridiculous, that's insane. It was just nuts.
Speaker 1: He was just just an absolute animal, so smooth, so athletic, and he was great off the field too.
Speaker 2: One of the best looking guys I've ever seen. Still still to this dayansome. He still looks like I was watching him on Thursday Night Football last night. But he's a great analyst as well, you know, he just speaks the truth, he gives his insight. He's great for Amazon. And he was just looking so he was looking tan, shiny, handsome.
Speaker 1: He had that white outfit on with like he had like that fringe kind of thing going.
Speaker 2: Haird was on point.
Speaker 1: Hair has always been on point. Tony Gonzalez has head spectacular. It seems like it hasn't colored.
Speaker 2: I bet this guy would walk into a club or bar in the middle of his heydays and he wouldn't even have to say a word, and the fricking janitarous would have to come out and put those signs as say.
Speaker 1: Caution, what.
Speaker 2: Don't slip? He is that because he got all the girls panties going. There's no doubt he didn't even have to say a word. He would just walk in. That's the type of swag Tony Gonzalez has.
Speaker 1: He was that good looking and he was swaggy Aura.
Speaker 2: And it translated to the field as well. His play was just like a good looking Robert.
Speaker 1: What are some of the things that you tried to emulate from Tony's game?
Speaker 2: Just overall, he was a complete tight end as well. It wasn't the greatest blocker of all time, but he did it. He exemplified what being a tight end was. You know, he went pancake guys, but he would get in the way, he would move guys. He was willing to block. That's kind of what made him so great. Just as a kid, Tony Gonzalez was one of my heroes growing up. I remember in Buffalo when I was there growing up, I was in high school. You know, the Bills weren't that good, but there was a chance that Tony Gonzalez was about to get traded to the Buffalo Bills, because he eventually did get traded to the Atlanta Falcons. And there's always talk because he was always on such crappy teams in Kansas City and he always performed. He always produced and that's what made him so great. But uh, there's always trade talks as well at the end of his career with Kansas City for like five years, because he wanted to go win. And I remember our whole entire high school was talking about Tony Gonzalez going to the Buffalo Bills. Just how excited we all were because Tony Gonzalez was gonna possibly get traded. Could you happen?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine high school version of Rob and his boys in Buffalo, like we're back to the super Bowl exactly?
Speaker 2: That was exactly how it went. This is true.
Speaker 1: You know, he really did evolve. I think he's one of the huge figures or guys that help evolve tight end position. In that nineties window. Now there was great tight ends. The winning wins Lows and the Dikas in the back of the day, Like those were really great tight ends. But you know it was kind of like those guys put their hand in the dirt and you know they were just kind of like an extension of the run game that sometimes went out to catch a pass. You know. Tony Gonzalez, he came like he became. I remember watching him, which we used to do a lot with you putting him outside the formation in the red area and saying, hey, we're just gonna play jump ball with our tight end. Like I don't remember that before Tony Gonzalez. And I'm sure people are gonna hit us in the comment sections with a bunch of guys that did. But like for my era of football that I grew up with, that's what I remember. Tony Gonzalez just always having the ball in his hand, always doubled, finding a way, like super savvy route runner, like space guy because of basketball. It's very similar to basketball and space. He was great the space. And then you know the guy was just freaking good looking.
Speaker 2: He was good looking. That was a great way to end that, you know, that phrase of just everything you said about it.
Speaker 1: Could you me he'd probably be he'd probably be considered one of the best, because they say one of the best with Tony Gonzalez. If he had a Super Bowl, would he be the best?
Speaker 2: I feel like that not winning the Super Bowl is definitely hindering him. Yeah, it kind of sucks because he did everything possible and then more every single year.
Speaker 1: Every year it was like a long time.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like he had he had. I think he led the league in receptions one year in two thousand and four, one hundred and two catches, Like when was the last time a tight end led the league in receptions, and like the next year he would have ninety five receptions. The next year he would edit eighty five, next year he would have whatever ninety more. I got, Like, he was so freaking consistent and he never won a championship. Like that's a tough situation to be in. That's sad. That kind of sucks as a player to play that long and be that consistent and just never been on the right team. You know, he kind of almost won one with Atlanta. I think they went, you know, to the playoffs a couple of times, but that was when we were in our era. You weren't you weren't going to beat US Patriots. But that just sucks having little team success and always just giving it your all and always showing up, and it's hindering him. I would say, in the tight end rankings, you people say all Gronk, which myself Kelsey, you know. I mean, Tony Gonzalez is always up there, But I see people not put him in their top five before, like Antonio Gates, well, Mike Dicker, they say, you know in Winslow, Yeah, winslow. But Tony Gonzalez exemplified what being a tight end is.
Speaker 1: He's the one nowadays.
Speaker 2: He's the one that made being a tight end cool to younger kids like myself.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was such a badass in Kansas City his rookie year. He had a flu game, a Jordan type flu game, where he bawled the fuck out, managed to catch a touchdown pass, and he created the performance to eating some chicken soup, like, how smooth is this guy?
Speaker 2: Well, what food gives you super power? Jewels? Chicken soup was was Tony Gonzalez's super power.
Speaker 1: I would say tomato soup. I'm more of a tomato soup.
Speaker 2: I feel like you were the English muffin with sausage, hag cheese sausage English muffin. I remember every single day you ate that, and it was like giving you your superpower.
Speaker 1: I'd have a smoothie F five and then I'd have my right before right before team eating sausage, egg and chiese. Ye.
Speaker 2: That's what it is now, is your superpower? Tomato soup. I never seen you have tomatoes soup. Body.
Speaker 1: I loved Mano soup. Yeah, I never seen you eat it, but I was just trying to reference because of soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you never eat tomatoes, did you?
Speaker 1: Did you have a favorite pregame soup super power? Did?
Speaker 2: I always had my chaldip milk with a peanut butter and jelly. And the jelly was my mom's homemade jelly. What kind of fruit strawberry strawberry jam?
Speaker 1: Your mom made homemade jam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best strawberry jelly ever.
Speaker 1: I remember she came over with that chicken buffalo dip or whatever that was good with rich crackers, and that's what you dip it in.
Speaker 2: She made that as well. Stop talking about my mom.
Speaker 1: Let's get onto. Let's get on.
Speaker 2: What dudes do though? Du do talk about moms though, I mean so, I guess so, I mean you're giving her prop so I guess you can keep talking about my mom.
Speaker 1: I ain't say anything sideways about.
Speaker 2: But I know where you go anything, I know where you go. Get out of here, missus, Allaman, I love her. I just sorry. You remember at the live show? Yeah that was cool, but your dad was there, so I couldn't get a little inappropriate ten minutes. So ten minutes is up?
Speaker 1: And what kind of dude is Tony Gonzalez? This one was easy.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like I said, he's a dudes dude. You know, he's a dog. He's a freak. But the most you know, the most characteristic that Tony Gonzalez exemplifies. It's definitely on and off the field, big time, like no doubt about it. He's a freaking stud stud.
Speaker 1: He's a stud stud at everything he does, basketball, football, analyst, breaking every record, bar settings. He's probably a stud. Yeah, super stud, super stud. He's like he's like that horse that you like, you know, you go out and you made it, Hey you get that stud com Yeah, he's a stud.
Speaker 2: He's a stud horse. I wonder if he has a thing as big as a horse too, because yeah, he's a he's a stud. I'm not gonna try and imagine that, but I would probably say, but you just imagined it. Yeah, I would probably say, so, that's just Tony. He's such a stud muffin. He's like every muffin too, stud muffing, a littleberry muffin. He's a Cinna cinnamon muffin. He's the regular muffin muffins like a lemon, Yeah, lemon poppies. He's a poppy seed. Like he makes those girls like feel like they're numb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what poppy seeds do, don't. They give you a high, like morphine high if you need. I think that's where they make sheroin from. But that's what from. I don't think that's from the muffin.
Speaker 2: Though, No, it's from the poppy seeds. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like I think there's like a real extensive That's why he's a little ex lemon poppy sea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he is the extraction.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get onto our next. Let's say our next.
Speaker 2: Put up the headshot, ladies and gentlemen, our next tight End here on Nashville tight End's Day, who also started tight end. You at Vanderbilt University every year that I went one time because I failed after I went. Because it's the Heartvard of the South, hard farted place. Yeah, it's a heart very beautiful.
Speaker 1: I heard, never been Greg Olsen, Greg greg Olsen, What is the What does AI say about Greg Olsen? All right?
Speaker 2: Greg ols start the clock. Greg ocean? Oh ocean?
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it's Harry. Looks like an ocean. It's all over the place. It kind of looks like a hurricane.
Speaker 1: All right, all right.
Speaker 2: Greg Olsen is celebrated as one of the top tight ends in NFL history, known for his reliable hands. We were talking about that earlier, with the most reliable hands in the NFL. Yes, he does, and route running skills Off the field. He has admired for his dedication to family and philanthropy, particularly through his Heart Test Yard Initiative Heart Tests Yard Initiative.
Speaker 1: Heart test. That's that's that's that's a handful.
Speaker 2: That's a hard test.
Speaker 1: That's a heart heart test, heart test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh heart a particularly through his Heart Test Yard Initiative, which supports families of children with conjunctial heart coital Like we said, everyone we don't have the best vocabulary. This is dude's on. Dudes, we're learning as we go. We're not perfect here, but we get numbers, right, Okay, we get numbers.
Speaker 1: He's saying he's full of kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're for the kids. Yes. Olsen made a significant impact on the Carolina Panthers, helping them reach Super Bowl fifty and becoming the first tight end in history to have three consecutive one thousand yard receiving seasons from twenty fourteen to twenty sixteen. He holds the Panthers franchise records for most receiving yards. He's lucky I got hurt because I would have held that three one thousand yard seasons.
Speaker 1: In a row. But it's not about me. Why am I making about me? Tight Ends, don't make it about yourself. I'm not about me. Yeah, slot receiving, it's our little guys in us because we're not full diva. But we got a little diva.
Speaker 2: It's about Greg Olsen. Here also Panthers franchise records for most receiving yards, receptions, and one hundred yard receiving games by a tight end. After retiring, Olsen transitioned to a successful career in sports broadcasting. He's one of our teammates right when our team's really good. Further showcasing his football acumen, he does have a lot of football documen. I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: What what is that like? Like knowledge?
Speaker 2: The word for knowledge? Cinnamon for knowledge, not a right synonymous synonymous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, freaking cinnamon, right, cinnamon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cinema, he's tasty, He's tasty. Okay, No, Wow, this is bad, Joe, this is bad. This is dude's just being dude though. This is what it's all about, dudes, just being dudes and just showing you who you are. We're not perfect.
Speaker 1: Cinnamon, bro, Yes, cinnamon, that's same now for now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it is he the English Dictionary better change that word to this cinnamon cinnamon cinnamon. No, oh, well, you want to know what acumen means. I kind of know that from the back of my head. I was reading a book. They had the word. It's the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions. And that actually explains Greg Olsen in his game, and that's why he had over a thousand yards in three seasons in a row because of his quick decisions and when you're really quick at top of the route when you have a two way go like Greg Olsen his favorite route of all time. He kind of runs kind of like diagonally to like the ten yard mark where he has to go and then the linebacker's sitting there at a safety and you got to either split right like a bow or split in. What's the split in route where you like a middle reed? No, no, not a middle read like kind of like a cross. No, no, you go and it's like a angle an angle route. But it's that between the ten yards and twelve yards. You can eat bow it or angle it like an angle at ten Yeah, no, because it's not a middle read, because you a middle read is when it's post double safety and go in the middle. So he was so good at making that decision and being decisive of should he go out and the guy and the defender should go in. And that's where he made his brad and money, bread and money bred in money.
Speaker 1: You just went old full Will Ferrell in old school right there? Did you guys see that? Did you guys see that?
Speaker 2: That's his documen? He literally ladies Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: In old school at the fucking last thing where he competes in the debate and he did you black out right there.
Speaker 2: I did Blackout and like old school Will Ferrell was blacked out many times.
Speaker 1: Frank the fucking tank No, greg Olsen, I mean we threw on that film. And he's a lot more athletic than you remember. Uh. He wasn't like a guy that was gonna kill you with his athleticism. But he had such great hands like he he would go up and make those one handers. He did a lot of one hander catches. He had great ball skills. And he was a very savvy guy as well. And he wasn't like he a small guy. He's six', five two fifty five out of THE. U what's up with the you and the tight ends, you? Man is that.
Speaker 2: They were called tight on you man WHEN i was a, Kid, Miami miami was Probably. IOWA i was tight on you, Now but The university Of, Miami oh my, gosh you're producing tight ends left and. Right, MAN i Love. Miami oh my, gosh. Joke it was like the new new school version of tighten you at The university Of. Miami but, man oh were they producing tight ends, Man university Of miami. Was they were on, point and he.
Speaker 1: Was he was a track star in high. School, yeah he was javelin.
Speaker 2: Javelin you, know maybe that's why he was so good with his, hands because he was always using his hands in. Tracking, yeah just throwing like holding you know that javelin.
Speaker 1: Stick i've never met a. Javeliner, YEAH i GUESS i. Have like what do you?
Speaker 2: Do how do you throw?
Speaker 1: It like that's called a shakeway that's. Away never threw? Spear they throw all, right it's like a. Football can he throw? Football for like.
Speaker 2: Being a gladiator and throwing that spear and just, boom tossed at forty yards.
Speaker 1: Exactly that's been. Like so he did. JAVELIN i mean he the first thing you think of Of Greg. Olsen look at.
Speaker 4: That oh look at. That that's a good. Technique he, good he's. Young look at that. Face it's. Beautiful he got. That he was defined in high. SCHOOL i don't know what.
Speaker 2: Happened like he's like one of those like tight ends.
Speaker 1: With a dad.
Speaker 2: Body, again that's what made him last.
Speaker 1: Long he lasted. Long he lasted.
Speaker 2: Long but he hit me up in high.
Speaker 1: School he hit me up during that three thousand yard or the three thousand yard. Seasons he broke his foot AND i broke my foot AND i remember us communicating over The jones. Fracture that was the first TIME i ever, got you, know a call from, him and to watch him ON. Tv he's killing in THE. Tv he's really knowledgeable about the. Game he, Uh he's. Fun he's got that little dorkiness in.
Speaker 2: Him he.
Speaker 1: Does he's got that little door like.
Speaker 2: That he plays that jokes off really. Well he plays.
Speaker 1: It he's a fun guy to be.
Speaker 2: Around and and he is who he is like he expresses who he.
Speaker 1: Is doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter, Man that's why you love, him, Man that's what you love about. People he's not hiding himself at.
Speaker 1: All, never, no.
Speaker 2: Never AND i trained with him, ACTUALLY i remember what was really cool is THAT i was coming out of The university Of arizona and we had the same, Agent Drew, rosenhaus And Drew rosenhaus had me Called Greg. Olsen he was the only PLAYER i called to ask About Drew rosenhaus and also ask about the training process of training for the combine and all. That AND i Remember Greg olsen did give me some great. Advice. Man he, Said, hey you're gonna think all the little details are, stupid but make sure you do. Them all because those are actually the biggest things in the. End AND i still remember that to this, day that he, goes do all the warm, ups all the recovery things that you got to do after you trained all. Day he, says just do all the details of the little things and you will be. Fine so thank You greg for the. Advice. MAN i remember talking to you on the phone and, uh just the advice of going through THE nfl. Process he's the only PLAYER i talked to through that through that. Time so good, Dude, man good. Dude wasn't you, know looking out for, himself but he was looking out for me on that phone, call which was.
Speaker 1: Cool you think he Called ledsoe After brady replaced.
Speaker 2: Him, Uh I'm i'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry i'm. Sorry i'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, hey, Hey, Julian.
Speaker 1: I'm in rose.
Speaker 2: Mode did he Called? Bloodsoe but oh Because bloodsoe got replaced by, time there you.
Speaker 1: Go. Sorry i'm a tight.
Speaker 2: End we're a little, slow, okay tight ends our sometimes a little bit, slower but where personalities are just freaking. Awesome we are the coolest players on the. FIELD i mean we really. Are name a tight. End that isn't. Cool it's exactly you can't you're thinking about. It that means they, really they really are. YOU i know who's really, Cool dallas Got. HER i was hanging out with him at Tight end you WHEN i was actually smart enough to go because it's the high rid of The south what we were talking. About and LIKE i was just hanging out with. HIM i didn't even know who he. WAS i, LIKE i know Who Dallas god it, was But helmet's it's. Hard he had no clue What dallas got it ever looked, like and like this dude had the hair flow and. EVERYTHING i was talking to him like this, dude coolest. Shit and then like two days LATER i saw a picture of us online and it says Like dallas Got her And Rob gronkowski GOT i was, like, oh my freaking. GUY i didn't even know that Was dallas.
Speaker 1: Guy's running seventy yard. TOUCHDOWN i just thought he was coolest. Shit and that's what Tight ends. Are And Greg olsen's the epitome of that just coolest.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah he is coolest, shit really.
Speaker 1: Shit athletic he, had he had kind of that basketball. Stuff he wasn't a, burner he had great, Hands he made big plays for his. Team he went to A Super. Bowl he's got crazy. Stats you know he had the three thousand yard. Seasons what what that?
Speaker 2: Tribute the best attribute or characteristic That Greg olsen contained in his. Pocket his secret weapon was his route running.
Speaker 1: Skills he's route.
Speaker 2: Running his route running skills the one of the best in the game at the tight end. Position he'd like low.
Speaker 1: YOU i always see him hitting that bow. Route he'd marry his his routes. Together remember he was really good at that bow. Route remember that cover. FOUR i always see him hitting in like the fringe shot where you're right right outside the red area the twenty and they'd always run. That they'd Get cover four and they'd run that post and he'd run that bow route and they'd hit him on. THAT i remember seeing that. One we installed. Something we stole it from them because we were copying. It we liked there the way they ran, it and he'd run that bow route and he caught it right on that one yard. Line he's REALLY i, mean he's just he's a he's A he's an awesome. Guy did He he doesn't care about his, looks he doesn't care about like what's going on out. There he just cares about being a good. Dude he and a family man and.
Speaker 2: That's WHY i love. Him. MAN i love being around. Him he's always so positive and he can also by the, way WHEN i WHEN i trained with him WHEN i was young, too the guy just never stopped, talking never stopped, talking and it was always the. Best it was always ON. Tv and literally from the first DAY i met, HIM i was, like this guy is gonna be a commentator one, Day he's going to be an. Announcer and then he actually landed perfectly in that spot after his football career and when he signed With fox, two AND i think it was like the first year he signed With fox was like the first YEAR i did WHEN i first. RETIRED i did a couple of games as, well AND i was literally just thinking my mind just talking to. Him this guy has landed in the perfect field for. Him he's so, good so. Intelligent, yeah great, storyteller.
Speaker 1: Great and he looks Like Grizzly adams a little. Bit he's got an under he's got an under under under under what he's got an underrated chin If Grizzly adams did have a. Beard, Yeah Happy goidmore coming. Out number two is coming out. Soon Little matt at sadlor for not hitting this.
Speaker 2: UP i, know isn't he A New england? Guy Adam Sandler New england.
Speaker 1: Guy he's From New england player family grew up In, LIKE i don't get It New york like that was my favorite movie of all.
Speaker 2: Season, yeah he isn't.
Speaker 1: It but we didn't get hit.
Speaker 2: Up we didn't get hit. UP i, MEAN i can't hit On travis being Freaking. TRAVIS i mean he's top of his game on the, field off the, Field, Like i'm just disappointed In Happy more, PRODUCTIONS i, guess or what is It.
Speaker 1: Billy, Madison Billy, Madison Hay, Madison Happy. Medical, well now.
Speaker 2: We're giving him shoutouts and he didn't want us to. Know we got no Hate. Jules we still love him and we're still gonna Watch Happy gomore without, doubt no doubt about. It And Happy girlmore is still my favorite. MOVIE i actually watched it about three weeks ago it was ON, tv AND i never turn it. Off this is WHY i loved About Greg olsen said he talked a. Lot he does talk a, lot and that kind of explains why he came out with a rap song and it was Good it was really. Good it was really awesome and explained a lot of details on how they lived life at The university Of, miami which was really. COOL i was a big, fan no doubt about. It you were probably a big fan as.
Speaker 1: WELL i never listened to, IT i lied right there, Fully but it was called The Seventh Floor Crew.
Speaker 2: Rap, yes and it was a legendary rap song by some of The miami players three and they were just doing, IT i think as a joke from What i've Heard Greg olsen say, before like just to have, fun and it just blew up out of. Nowhere but it kind of made you, know the universe Of miami even, more you, know prominent in my, mind especially at the tight end.
Speaker 1: Position one of HIS i think what it was is his name was Third Leg greg was his, Name third Third Leg? Greg, Well Scary weather was in.
Speaker 2: It Scary Scary, Weather Third Leg greg is the names And John, Beason, oh he was a beast. Man he was a beast.
Speaker 1: Line it's. Fun we gotta listen to. That, yeah we. Do, well we'll put it out on install and we want to hear what you guys say in. This, robert what would your rap name?
Speaker 2: Be kind of. Think i've said it plenty of times. Before it's kind of. Easy Basic ROBBIE. G the one And, Only ROBIN.
Speaker 1: G ROBBIE, g the one and.
Speaker 2: Only, Yeah, robbi the one and. Only have a long, name, though so MAYBE.
Speaker 1: I think my name would be like The.
Speaker 2: Jewelster, no it'd be the Squirrel, Ster young SQUIRREL, J young SQUIRREL. J i want a better, name, Though RABBIE. G the one and. Only it's too.
Speaker 1: Long come, on, JEELS i just went three young young SCHOOL. J.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's that's quick and, easy right to the.
Speaker 1: Point young big, Piece, yeah young big. Piece you just throw young in front of. Anything it could be mister big, Piece young big.
Speaker 2: PIECE i carry a miss gun with. Me i'm. Dangerous it's. Loaded, yeah it's. Loaded it's national tight end that people want to rob.
Speaker 1: Me all, right, right let's let's do let's we got a rap name generator to find the perfect rab. Name all, right what's your FAVORITE tv. Character we'll go With.
Speaker 2: SpongeBob.
Speaker 1: SpongeBob, oh this is gonna be a gangster. Name your real life first Name, Robert, robert your real life last Name, grenkowski the the name of a, Criminal Whitey, Balger whitey, bulger something really. Pleasant bulldog.
Speaker 2: BECAUSE i have A french, bulldog so you can't Write french bulldog and you can't write the Name. Ralfi you got to like let them.
Speaker 1: Know and bulldog's pretty aggressive because rappers like, bulldogs so this is gonna be aggressive.
Speaker 2: NAME i.
Speaker 1: LIKE i like, THIS i like this an adjective to describe you and your.
Speaker 2: MUSIC i want. THIS i want this name like, GANGS i WANT i want it to be. Hired SO i would just say rap.
Speaker 1: RAP i like that because we're going for a rap.
Speaker 2: Name, Anyway so.
Speaker 1: And your favorite, child you had a.
Speaker 2: DOG i had a dog Named. Junior it was what are those? Dogs a? Pug play pug Named.
Speaker 1: Junior let's see bulldog.
Speaker 2: GROUNK i guess we're just sticking with the one and, Only ROBBIE. G the one and. Only I'm ROBBIE. G the one and. Only if you don't know, Me i'm sorry if you want.
Speaker 1: TO i don't want to say the rest because it's very it's very. Inappropriate that's WHY i stopped the first time times. Up what kind of dude Is Greg? Olsen, OKAY i mean he's not he's a, freak but he's not a. Freak he's not a. Freak he's kind of got. That he's definitely a dude's. Dude he is a dude's. Dude he's definitely maybe a.
Speaker 2: Wiz he is a whiz as well because that. Knowledge that's why he's such a great. Commentator and he was replaced by he was a first round draft. Pick, yeah he was a first round draft pick to The Chicago. Bears kind of a slow start they traded him to The. Panthers but, uh you, know everyone has a slow start when they get to THE. Nfl not, everyone but a lot of guys. Do but it's. Okay he picked it up In.
Speaker 1: Carolina but, so what are the two that you were leaning?
Speaker 2: On i'm gonna go With Whizz dudes dude kind of a stud in a way because he's a. Stud he just owns, whatever you. Know he just all.
Speaker 1: Looks like he. Does blonde, hair six,' five. Blue eye he is like you see that. Javelin picture he looks like.
Speaker 2: YOU should i want to GO with i want to Go with wizz though we have and he's a whiz because of his knowledge and just a way he can, explain anything break down anything to be able to get open and uh in many circumstances on, the field he was clutch for.
Speaker 1: His teams he was clutch for. His team gotta love some tight end talk a bunch of, tight ends you KNOW what. I mean now it's time for everyone's. Favorite segment let's get into The. Chillis dude the week brought to you by our, Favorite Beer. Coors Light Get, Coors light. They're Delivered Get coors light delivered straight to your doors a coreslight dot com slash dudes. Celebrate responsibly this week's chill is due to The Week. Jamon Johnson jimmy johnson ball coach got to work, with them one of the smartest football minds of, All time national champion in college with one of the most memorable college RUNS the u started that and then transitioned and went To the cowboys and had the success he had with. THAT three, i mean he made those. Teams too he WAS. The gm he. TALKS it I mean i get to sit and talk with him, a lot and he's been such An awesome he gave me. A nugget he gave me. A nugget So, coach jimmy thank you. So much we were at we went To the chiefs practice and uh we were in production meeting for the pregame show and something came up and, he goes, He goes he's just he threw me a nugget, by, Saying. Hey juels we remember we Spoke with veach say talk about how He, Loved juju like he gave me something. LIKE that i, DIDN'T really i was watching practice and just infatuated. Watching practice jimmy was watching the practice to bring to, the SHOW which i kind of, YOU know i, was doing but, you know he put me in the right lane to pull from my experience and and and come up with a BIT that i talked about on On. On SUNDAYS so I. Love jimmy he's been such a. Good dude he's. There early he's like the first. One There jimmy johnson one of. The first like he gets up at like a. Ball coach they, get up they check. The weather they get up at like four am to check, the weather go over their game plan because he's the coach of the, you know of. The crew it's fun and he's just got such, an awesome. Lovable personality he'll throw a fucking he throws these little jabs and these little left field throws like in the joke room and stuff like he's just he's just such a He was it's been. SO cool i only worked with him, too years but, You know i've watched. HIM forever i am a fan of, the game and he's this week and and he's been such a huge part Of The National, football league college football football. In general, so man kudos to coach. FOR retirement i want to give. It CHEERS but i just popped up in my head because when We're, AT fox, I guess I guess jimmy retired, last year and they were they, were Saying, so terry they just you know that. They're boys It's like terry's, over, here, like oh we're gonna do. Another ONE or i think he left the retirement when he found out he he had a. Retirement Thing and, terry's like is this? Another ONE like i had to Leave last like it's it's fucking. Comic coal, it's AWESOME and i love these GUYS and i. Love coach cheers to coach. Enjoy retirement i'm sure you won't be. That far i'm sure you'll have some capacity of. Some form we gotta get you a. Podcast coach let's get you, a podcast, All right, Love, You. Coach jimmy that was The chillis dude of the week thanks to our favorite Beer. Cores Light get cores delivered straight to. Your door visit corslight Dot com slash dudes. Celebrate, responsively, well man that just, got me got. ME going i Love. Coach jimmy that's been another Episode of Dudes. On dude Subscribe On, Apple, Podcasts Spotify, amazon music wherever you listen to, your podcast. Commented dude you want us to do and rate, and reverview leave five star Review on spotify while. You're there we, Need those we, love those and we want to communicate, with those, you know, cross pollination just through that turnout because of the SPRING and i see the beautiful flowers outside just blooming To follow Dudes on Dudes, On, YouTube instagram, x TikTok. And snapchat we'll see you guys. Next week Dudes on dudes is a Production. Of iHeartRadio for more Podcasts, from iHeartRadio Visit the, iHeartRadio App, apple podcasts or wherever you get. Your podcasts