Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it is Friday, fourth of July twenty twenty five. If we're hopping on here because we have heard for the first time from Adjuror in the Diddy trial, a bunch of stuff to go through. One of the highlights, at least for me, the freakoffs were tame and welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Road. We didn't expect to do an update today. Lokt so much interest in this, and yes it is a holiday, but we're hopping on because we're hearing from Ajur for the first time. That is a big deal. We're getting a lot of insights. But you looked at me funny when I said that was a highlight. But some of the stuff, that's one of the things that jumped out. We heard so much about freak offs. Someone who actually saw a freak Off video is telling us it was kind of tame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said it was just basically a lot of people rubbing baby oil on one another and not a lot of sex, So that was interesting. He pointed out George he was an alternatur who gave this detail, but he claimed that as they were watching the videos it sounded or seemed salacious, but actually it was tame. That is the word he used.
Speaker 1: Isn't that wild to think all this we've heard and all of this we think of how nasty, and we hear how people have described them. He actually saw it. And look, they didn't show them everything, but they saw sweet are on some days forty I remember forty minute video that was played.
Speaker 2: Sh I mean, I don't know what this alternate juris perspective is. It might not have seemed tame to me. You know, that is something to consider. It's through the eyes, through his lens, which might be different than my life.
Speaker 1: Relatively, it was, oh, that was nothing. You should see the stuff right.
Speaker 2: No, but who knows. Some people have a lot of experience in looking at certain types of Maybe they thought the quality was too homemade, or who knows what his perspective was, but it was interesting and the point being, the defense definitely tried to show excerpts of these freak off sex parties were or they were just kind of hanging out and chilling and playing music and talking. They wanted to see or at least show the jurors that it wasn't all sex field, that there were other elements and other aspects to these parties beyond sex.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we should be clear about who we're talking about. This person has been only identified as George, no last name. He did, however, put his face in front of a camera. He did do an interview with CNN. He also did an interview with The New York Times, but they're not giving his full identity. But beyond just calling him George, I thought in something you just said, ropes, it stood out to me as much as we've been talking about in public and maybe in press and even tabloid press, freak all freak afll freakof I heard him during the interview. He kept referring to it as a hotel night like it seemed as if everything salacious we think we think about freak offs. He as a juror who has more access to any of this stuff than we do, seemed to have a different tone in talking about.
Speaker 2: These he did, and it was interesting too, just this is somebody who said he I think he said. He took more than three hundred pages of notes, three hundred and fifty pages of notes during this trial because he wanted to remember what he thought. He thought maybe he could be deliberating, so he was preparing himself to make the decision. But yes, hearing it from his perspective, someone who sat in that courtroom day in and day out and took copious notes, it didn't feel as salacious coming from him. Hearing his impressions, and he had very specific thoughts about how he thought the prosecution did, how he thought the defense did, which witnesses he thought were credible, which ones he thought weren't as credible, And first.
Speaker 1: And foremost, he was not in a deliberation room, but he was asked his opinion about the decision that the jury made. He said, absolutely, he agrees, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, I understand why they came up with that mixed verdict, and he said, I'm almost certain that that would have been the verdict I would have agreed to present as well, So he said he would be he would have been in that unanimous decision. And he didn't think that the government met the rico charges. He didn't think the government meant the sex trafficking charges, and he thought the defense did an excellent job at discrediting several witnesses, he said, with one witness in particular, he described he went back and looked at his notes and said it was a takedown by the defense. He wanted to remember key moments in the trial.
Speaker 1: Stay on that point, Don Rechard, Don Richard was a problem. She was up there. I can't remember how many days, but she was a key, key witness who talked about what she saw violence against Cassiventur or fine, but the defense went at her, went at her hard, and some people that look in some circles think she was a I guess, a minion if you will. She was doing a lot of his bidding and now has come out she's suing him, right.
Speaker 2: She issuing him.
Speaker 1: Yet so they didn't at least going to this juror didn't buy her for a second, it seems.
Speaker 2: And that's true. And you know what, he even said, it wasn't even with the Cassie Ventur and the money. We talked about this before. That took away some of the credibility from some of these key witnesses. He said that was not the issue. She just he specifically said she was not very credible, that is how he put it. And yes that he wrote that the defense had a takedown of her, and so it seemed like he and perhaps even other jurors had lost all. I mean, once the defense and even the judge said this, if you don't think someone's credible, something they said was incredible, you can basically eliminate all of their testimony from you for your consideration. And it sounds like that's what George was prepared to do.
Speaker 1: It sound like he'd put he singled her out.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: He absolutely did. I mean, he sounded like he didn't buy anything in the rest of his And again he said, a lot of them they had lunch together every day, but they abide it by the rules. They didn't discuss this or anything. But if this one guy sitting through it, he was very strong in his react when he was asked. He was very direct in answering about don Richard, who you had a problem with credibility?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he dropped her name immediately.
Speaker 1: We listen to him immediately. The other thing Robes that was fascinating to me is that he said they walked into the room with doubt. Right, it's reasonable doubt is what the bar is supposed to be, not all doubt, but a reasonable doubt. So he said, before the case even started, he came in with a doubt about like why are we here? Almost why are we talking about racketeering? The prosecution seemed like they had a very, very steep hill to climb before the case even started, before opening argument.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know, obviously, lay people like you and I we've talked about how racketeering and conspiracy charges are confusing, complex, and yes, we think of them when we think of mob bosses. We think of them when we think about criminal enterprises. We don't think about someone who is using sex for pleasure in perhaps you could say deviant ways, or even just in non traditional ways, but you wouldn't put racketeering and conspiracy charges with that. And so yes, to hear him say that he and he said he believed other jurors walked into the trial thinking how are they going to prove this? So it was as if the cards were already stacked against the prosecution. And sort of what we talked about in a previous podcast that when you overreach, when you try to people aren't dumb. Even if we aren't legal minds or we haven't been trained in the law specifically, we still get the fact that that didn't make a lot of sense and was going to be an uphill battle, and it proved to be for sure, you know what.
Speaker 1: I am, and I think a lot in a lot of ways robes and reading this yur in particular, I felt validated. And I say that in that the last it probably at least three, but certainly two weeks of this trial, you and I were having different conversations about Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense. Wait that's a little bit of a stretch, isn't it. They're going that far. He is saying some of the same exact doubts, like oh, I didn't think that, or I didn't think that, or that was It seems like a lot of people were viewing this case from the outside exactly like the people in that jury box.
Speaker 2: For exactly exactly. And when he started talking about the credibility of other witnesses, specifically, he was asked about Cassie venture a Fine and he first of all wanted to say, both with Cassie and with Jane, he did not believe after hearing their testimony that either one of them were sex trafficked. He said that he did not think that that sex was forced. Ever, and so he said he not only watched the footage, but listening to the testimony, all of those things in his mind made him believe that both of those women were there because they wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, And the other thing he said about them is what they were both credible. I believe they went through what they went through. But then at the same time, I wouldn't have voted to convict him on rackets hearing or sex trafficking. Isn't that what the rest of the country or a lot of people in a lot of circles were saying that thing.
Speaker 2: And both things be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's interesting to hear him he's the one that had to decide, or the jurors had to decide. They had to make the call. We didn't, but they made the call that in a lot of ways, it was fascinating to hear that. Wow, that's the exact same thing. A lot of people were thinking.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can still be a victim of something, have suffered something, but it doesn't mean that you were forced to do something against your will. So that's kind of interesting. And he even specifically said that Cassie was very credible, and he said, I don't think she would have come here and just lied. It just didn't seem right. So they believed her and they believed still Jane, and they still didn't believe that either one of those women were forced to do what they did.
Speaker 1: It was interesting. George is someone identified as someone who knew the name. He knew Sean did he combed, but he said he wasn't familiar with his music. Agin, Yeah, didn't know who this guy was. So celebrities wasn't a part or a factor at all for him.
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: I am surprised. Why come out? Why do it? Why agree to an interview? Why go talk to the Times? Why go go put your face on television? Why? Why do it? This is speculative, Maybe we shouldn't, but it's just it's just interesting.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to me that he put his face on television and I'm guessing that's his actual first name. Maybe it's not. But he didn't want his last name used. And he also said that, you know, he was concerned and the reason why he didn't want his last name used about any sort of retribution because people have strong feelings about the verdict and whether or not the jurors made the right decision. Now, again, he wasn't one of the jurors in the deliberation room, so.
Speaker 1: Consider that he is protecting himself from a decision he didn't even have to.
Speaker 2: Make correct But I thought it was interesting to I mean, I guess he just felt like he wasn't identifiable, But I don't know if he's.
Speaker 1: Wherever he's from, everybody knows who you are. This isn't his identity was out there. But it turns out George is not the only juror we heard from. Yes, let's continue now we've been talking about George. George came out, the jur the alternate came out, did an interview with the New York Times, did an interview with CNN. Didn't give his last name, but as an alternate, he didn't vote on the ultimate verdicts, but he sat through the entire trial, just like the rest of the jurors. But Robes we did hear and very briefly from a juror who was actually in that deliberation room, and I guess it was just a couple of sentences, but I guess some insight in there as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the juror. It seems as if this person who did not want to reveal name, gender, nothing identifiable, So we just know it's the.
Speaker 1: Juror didn't want to be bothered, it seems.
Speaker 2: And it seems as though we don't know exactly how it happened, but some journalists must have been able to cold call this juror or run into this juror, and it was almost as if the juror didn't want to say anything but was kind of not don't why he was tempted or they were tempted to talk because of the accusation that somehow jurors, these jurors were swayed by the celebrity of Ditty. There was a legal analyst and there have been legal experts who say, hey, we think that perhaps celebrity could have been a part of this, and that's why they let him off so easy without actually convicting him on the more serious charges. And so that's when this juror felt like they had to say something, and they said that that was highly insulting and belittling to the jury and the deliberation process. But the juror didn't stop there, said a few more sentences, and we think it's pretty interesting. So they went on to say this, we spent over two days deliberating. Our decision was based solely on the evidence presented and how the law is stated, we would have treated any defendant in the same manner, regardless of who they are. I have nothing else to say. That's my favorite part of the comment, but that lets.
Speaker 1: You know they didn't want they didn't plan to be talking, and they didn't want to be talking. They didn't want to and again they grabbed a comment. I think, look, we got to give everybody a break, like we need to give. Whatever you think about this, you got to give these folks of grace. They spent two months of their lives during this sacrifice, and you know it wasn't easy in that deliberation room hearing all that stuff. They might be fearful of their own lives or families or any This is not This was a major in my life changing potentially undertaking for these folks. And to just come out simply and say, you idiots are caught up in the celebrity that is offensive.
Speaker 2: Highly offensive. And I do appreciate the fact that the juror did speak out on that specifically and wanted to talk to the level of professionalism among the jurors, and we as we were following, we saw it's a tough thing to do to sit there, not only through the whole trial, but then in those deliberation rooms with twelve or eleven other people who have come from very different walks of life, who have very different opinions, who have very different lenses that they see things through, and to have to send notes and say we can't get there, We're at a stalemate. People aren't budging. And then to see the process work the way it's supposed to, which was pretty impressive, and it seems as though the decisions they made everyone agreed to it ultimately, which is remarkable. And yeah, to then have it be questioned is not the way it should go.
Speaker 1: I don't feel necessarily outrage on either side. There are people who are disappointed in some way, form or fashion, but there's I don't feel there's an overwhelming sense in the country that and a severe injustice was done in the verdict. Maybe an injustice in the charges that were brought, maybe an injustice in how the case was brought, a few other things, and how the victims were let down in several ways, But the fact that the jury came to this decision. Do you feel or see somewhere in some circles I'm not seeing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think there's an outrage over this.
Speaker 2: Verdict, I think disappointment is a good way to put it. And there certainly we did hear from people who testified and people who put their names through the ringer to try and explain what happened to them at the hands of Ditty. So they say they were upset. I think they claim that they're afraid. They claim that they believe Ditty is somebody who is revenge oriented or revenge seeking, and so they were concerned. And I know that there was that chatter a bit, But in terms of being outraged at the verdict, no, And I think look, if he had gotten off completely, if he had been not guilty on all charges, I think you would have seen raise a lot more outrage from those groups who feel like their side wasn't taken seriously enough.
Speaker 1: No, if we were told he was found guilty of racketeering and he's facing life in prison, I think there might have been more outrage as well about that. So I think that what we always say in our career is do a story about politics, and Republicans and Democrats are equally upset with you, then you probably got it about right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in this case, it seems like there's some kind of a balance to where maybe they got it right from a public standpoint.
Speaker 2: I kind of I agree with you on that. I think when you look at it from that perspective, one hundred percent. And I'm curious if we will hear and if any juror will actually say I was on the jury and here's what happened. I'm curious, maybe more time needs to pass. It's I'm sure this is something they had to take with them each night. They weren't supposed to talk about it with friends or families, So I'm sure there's so much just digest and then maybe maybe someone would talk. But I mean, I just in the world we live in in social media, people are so cruel and people are like to put your name out there, to put your face out there with a decision like that that people do have strong opinions on. I think it is a little scary and unnecessary. Do you really want to bring all the negativity that you know is coming? You know it is, That's true, and people there's a way for journalists to pay for certain interviews, you get paid for photos, you get paid for whatever.
Speaker 1: Certain outlets don't care, and certain out.
Speaker 2: Let's pay regardless, get a free trip to New York, you get an all much but yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Book deal to talk about the deliberations and the trial, the new trial of the century.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, that is capitalism and uh well the way it works here in America. But anyway, it was interesting to get some of the details we did get from George and of course from this uh unidentifiable juror. But certainly just you know, I think that they did an incredible civic duty and we appreciate their time. And I know it's our justice system depends on people like George and the unnamed duror. So anyway, thank you all for listening to us. I hope you got a little insight from what we're hearing from what happened inside that courtroom. But hope you have an even better fourth of July and a great weekend. Everybody.
Speaker 1: The pitcher, the kitchen, p