Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Who does Reggie Miller like? We'll talk to him coming up in about twenty minutes from now. Final hour on this Wednesday. We got pizza in the oven here, so we got lobster and goat cheese pizza, lobster frod Diablo pizza sausage and Pepperoni vodka pizza sausage and Margherita pizza.
Speaker 2: Who is it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No body?
Speaker 4: Dylan doing double duty there in the back row and also doing the cooking with the pizza. Stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. The World's best take on Riviera country Club. That's Riviera country Club US Women's Open and that'll be on NBC and Peacock. It all starts tomorrow NBC and Peacock. Poll question, we'll have a new one. Reggie will join us.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 4: Your phone calls each seven to seven to three. DP Show operator sitting by Tyler. We'll take your call.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 4: If you're watching on Peacock, Thank you for downloading the app. All right, Dylan Wole question, My Golden Knights come from behind, and it was historical last night, first time and Stanley Cup Final history, the team on the road down by more than one goal ended up coming back and winning. They were down a couple of goals, came back and wanted in dramatic fashion five to four the final. Let me give you the exact wording on that. Okay, So the Golden Knights first road team in NHL history to win Game one in the final after trailing by multiple goals. Prior to last night, road teams were zero and fifty five in game one when trailing by two or more goals at any point.
Speaker 5: Statup Today, Statu Today, STATU to day.
Speaker 6: STATU to day Status today, STATU Day, STATU to day.
Speaker 4: Statut brought you by Panini America. By the way, Madison Square Garden will be sold out tonight. Yeah, I know the game is in San Antonio. There's a watch party in the garden, and Paulie goes, would you go to this? And I said, if I'm a Knicks fan, yes, Now they do this all the time in other sports, where you'll have a viewing party when your team is on the road.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know what they're charging you for this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's a is it a flat fee because this isn't watching a game where lower level is going to cost you seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paulie, like.
Speaker 7: You said, it's currently sold out, but when the tickets were available, it was ten dollars for a ticket and the proceeds go to Garden of Dreams Foundation, the charity of the Knicks.
Speaker 2: I love it. I would definitely go to a viewing party if I'm a Knicks fan.
Speaker 4: You know, you get some beers there, you're with fans, you get to celebrate, maybe go out on Seventh Avenue, take off your shirt if they haven't happened to win, even take off your shirt if they happen to lose.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dylan, would you rather.
Speaker 8: Go to the watch party at the stadium and go to like your favorite bar with other Knicks fans and watch it.
Speaker 4: I think i'd go to the Garden. I'd want to know what that feel. I know what the bar is going to be like. I don't know what it would be like in you know, a building that you're used to seeing your team play in. I mean, you go to the bar, your team's not playing in the bar, you're used to watching that in the bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, do.
Speaker 3: What was I gonna say?
Speaker 8: But would you still have to pay MSG prices for drinks? I know it's ten months to get in, but is it still twenty dollars beer night or.
Speaker 2: Must see that. I would be curious about that. Yes, all of a sudden, that dive.
Speaker 4: Could be Yes, that could be a deal breaker. Although I was in a dive bar on Sunday and I had to dive deep into my pocket that that was the dive part of it, because this is a Brooklyn dive bar and the beers were expensive, or maybe I haven't been out to buy beers in New York City.
Speaker 8: Yes, Dylan, when you said the toe it was like eight hundred something, Yeah, eight forty five. I thought that was pretty friendly. Not gonna lie, justait for thirty people.
Speaker 4: But this is only two hours and its husband and wife with kids at a one year old's party. This isn't exactly you know, body shots.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but like you said, it's a bar in Brooklyn. Those are the deals are few and far between these days.
Speaker 4: I'm going to guess, let's say fifteen couples, thirty people had two beers each.
Speaker 8: There could be a couple, you know, mercenaries in there who did most of the damage too.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently my wife found out about a John Daly. Oh yeah, and she goes, have you heard about a John Daily? And I go yes, and she goes, boy, it's really good. I go hunt slow down. It used to be an Arnold Palmer and then Daily added vodka to it. I had one of those yesterday, John Daily, Right, you did? Yeah, you ordered a John Well, you ordered to John Daily a transfu my bloody Mary.
Speaker 3: You had what other?
Speaker 2: Some seltzer? Seltzer? I make the rounds. You guys had cigar.
Speaker 4: I didn't have anything to drink, but you guys did some damage to my account at my golf course.
Speaker 2: We offered you a cigar and you turned it down. I was surprised.
Speaker 3: No, I.
Speaker 4: Drink after five o'clock. I don't drink before. What about smoke. I don't smoke until after seven.
Speaker 2: After you've had two hours of drinking.
Speaker 4: Then you start, well, no, I'm not drinking from five to seven, but I might have a beer or two prior to dinner, then maybe a glass of wine, and then I'll retire to the basement and have a cigar and some.
Speaker 2: Tequila sounds lovely. Actually, I know it is.
Speaker 4: You know, it drives my wife crazy if my schedule gets thrown off because you go, hey, you want to take a walk after dinner. I'll go, well, wait, what time are we going to be back? She goes, we'll be back before seven o'clock. I said, okay, as long as we're back before seven, because seven is when you know tequila starts for tequila time.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, you have the ability to change the time of tequila time. It's not a hard set thing like a TV show.
Speaker 2: I am a very routine like person, that's true. Yes, yes, time.
Speaker 9: I thought you're gonna say, you what there to get back in time?
Speaker 10: Like the NBA or NHL pregame show, which stocks you know, usually in the seven ballpark.
Speaker 9: But this is circtly your alcohol related.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I have priorities to Yes, well, going back.
Speaker 7: To the watch party tonight at MSG, we should have gotten tickets and sat court side and taken a bunch of pictures and said, look at us court side of the MSG. No one would have known the details.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to be court side if you're looking at the jumbo tron, right, But just.
Speaker 7: For the shot of looking like we're on celebrity row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then I don't want to stay and watch a game where I'm up like this when you go to you know, Cowboys game, like court side would be the worst seat to have, yes, time, what's a.
Speaker 10: Comfortable distance to travel on a school night or a work night as opposed to it being a Friday or Saturday game. How far are you willing to go to sit in an arena that's not actually having the game, you know, being played in front.
Speaker 2: Of Marvin's going to a watch party.
Speaker 9: I am in the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to a watch party in the city. I said, you better not show up tired tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And that's never been me.
Speaker 11: I've come back here from a Sunday night football game and that gets out way later. No, I'm I'm always ready. Okay, this is the only job I've ever loved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, when you're working a Sunday night, it's different than when you're going to a watch party where it's supposed to be fun. So the atmosphere you might get caught up in the atmosphere and have a beverage or too. You're not drinking when you're doing Sunday night football.
Speaker 11: First of all, you don't know that, yes. Second of all you know I'm not a drinker like that anyway. So the Shirley Temples, it's an open bar, so the Shirley Temples will be flowing.
Speaker 2: How much does Shirley Temples constant a bar? Three dollars?
Speaker 3: Four dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, Dylan, do you want me to go with them? Makes He keeps a button up. No, no, no, sure, yes, I've seen you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't get cheated. You will drink what Marvin doesn't drink. That's true, I'll drink it dirty shirly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Tom.
Speaker 10: If you're going just for fun, though, you can bow out earlier in control. But if you're working and you've made a commitment, and Marvin has told us about all the things he has to do postgame, and there's all kinds of wiring and things that have to be put away, that becomes like an all night affair. They have to come straight to work because it's two three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jo Todd in Indiana, Hi Todd, what do you have for me?
Speaker 9: Six four.
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 5: In honor of you and Todd being twenty four years together. This isn't a instrument, but this is the gift of music for Fritzy. Fritzy, I have your emergency.
Speaker 2: All in Notes hotline.
Speaker 5: What do you got and if do you want the phone number?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 10: I think I've seen this online, but just in case there's there's alternate ones. I want to make sure I'm going to the right place.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we should be giving this out, but thank you Todd. I don't know if Todd needs a Whole and Notes emergency hotline number.
Speaker 9: I got it all on my aarpods.
Speaker 7: Yes, well you just thank you Todd and the caller.
Speaker 4: I know, thank you, Todd. Ze Uh. Let's see Chris in La.
Speaker 6: Hi, Chris, Hey, dan Uh as a lawyer in LA. I'm going to make my argument to you as who I think Shelley definitely could be the face of baseball.
Speaker 3: No, he is? He is?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, I here's the reason why I think it's undisputed though, Uh, you know, he's had a number of moments. I think you said you didn't know if he's had he's had a number of moments.
Speaker 2: To back it up.
Speaker 6: But he's had games where he was six for six, three home runs, two doubles, two stolen bases. He had another game where he had ten strikeouts and then three home runs. He had a one hitter where he had three home runs in.
Speaker 3: Game one, and then.
Speaker 6: One hitter in Game one and then three home runs in Game two. He's the first player to hit fifty home runs and fifty solar bases. But Dad, the biggest thing to me is that he's had such a global impact in Asia. When you go to Dodger State of mount you see Asian tour groups of fans that come, and I would imagine it's like that in other cities too, And the historic Dodger stadium renamed itself UniGlobe Field at Dodger Stadium Uniglo as an Asian company. So I think he's had an incredible global impact, and I would say he's the global face of baseball, not just in all.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree, and thank you Chris for remind me of all those moments. But if I say Sho heo Tani, you might just think great hitter, great pitcher, and a guy who stole what fifty eight bases? But yeah, you're giving me moments there, and rightfully so. So those are the things that we should focus on. The uniqueness of hitting three home runs or I mean striking out ten not as much, but you know, some of the things offensively that he's done. Pitching wise, everybody, I mean all these pitchers are, you know, going five innings and striking out eight or not. I mean, that's what pitching is anymore. But to do it and to also be hitting, that's the amazing part with Shohey. But yes, he no, he is the face global face of baseball. Yeah, dil the uh.
Speaker 8: I think the him pitching that one hitter with the Angels complete game, that might be the thing he comes the least close to touching again because I don't think he's ever gonna have a perfect game or a no hitter because I can't imagine the Dodgers letting him throw nine innings.
Speaker 4: Well, he's not going to be stealing sixty bases. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I mean, as you get older, you stop running. But I think he it's one of those I'm going to show you that I can do this, which is you know, even more amazing. It's almost like he's challenging himself.
Speaker 2: Yes. Uh, Marvin victor Ascho.
Speaker 11: Hey, they're in a peculiar spot because both of them they're probably the best players in their sport, but they're also the face of their sport, and that's never Sometimes that's really not the case. Jordan, face of the league, best player, Joker, best player in the league, not the face of the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, Sean and Daytona beach.
Speaker 12: Hi Sean, Dan, thank you for calling back, longtime, long time. First thing, though, before I get to what I was calling about. When it comes to tequila time, let's pretend the man cave is in ballast and kick everything up to central. You can go an hour earlier. Now, what I was really calling about is happy anniversary to you and Todd. Yesterday was the anniversary of the pork off. However, you can ask my wife. I walk around the house and I say out loud, scary and Gary, how they rhyme if I don't understand? Just because it ends in ar y. And since you're the head of hr DAM, have you considered a hearing test for all of the damn heads because I think our toddler might have some issues.
Speaker 4: Well, oh no, Todd has issues. Yeah, Todd. I mean we should post sausage off. Maybe it's available there, but you're just going, what is Todd hearing? How does he not understand a rhyme? Can you give me just a little bit of sausage off the anniversary there, Marvin, No fritzy.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say, if we're having a context, who could eat the most sausages?
Speaker 9: That would be a.
Speaker 2: Sausage off.
Speaker 9: The judges were looking for pork off. Pork off.
Speaker 10: If you come to a spot in the road and you pick the right road to go down, that would be a fork off.
Speaker 13: You realize that none of those rhyme with the jokes that we've been making.
Speaker 2: You just had to get in the conversation, didn't you.
Speaker 10: I saw I thowt your god with walk off, talk off, and that's why I did palk off and fork off.
Speaker 13: You actually changed it should It's not like walk and pork it's a talk hawk chalk walk and you went pork Yeah.
Speaker 2: See how that doesn't work. His name's not Marshall fork Yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was bad, and you know there's a lot more to that segment than just that. We went on for three more minutes. Todd still couldn't quite hear himself pronounce those words that didn't rhyme like Eminem can do this in a song, but you were just doing this as conversation.
Speaker 10: I'd like to blame my Brooklyn accent, but that has got nothing to do with the run.
Speaker 4: Reggie Miller will join us next We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Stu GOTTSID Company Live, Cavino and Rich he On Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on.
Speaker 14: YouTube, Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 4: NBA on NBC Lead Analyst. If I told you in October these two teams would be playing for the title, you would have said, what you.
Speaker 3: Must be out of your mind, Theodore.
Speaker 15: Look, I think coming into the season, I knew the Knicks would probably have a better shot at getting to the finals because this was supposed to be a gap year for the Celtics. They weren't supposed to be have the second best record. I knew Detroit would be good, Indiana was going to be down because of the Hallibert injury. So I would say New York was closer to get into the finals. No one had the Spurs on their Bengo card, playing this well all season long, having the second best record, only two games behind Ocasey, who they beat in the conference finals, and getting to the NBA Finals. So no, I think that the Knicks were closer, but the Spurs.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised at the Spurs supporting cast because we're being introduced to them. Dylan Harper has matured right in front of our very eyes. Stefan Cassel has done the same thing. Vassol as well, Darren Fox. We knew Wemby, of course, but I think that's been the bigger surprise. We know who the principles the pieces are with the Knicks, the San Antonio Spurs I think that's been the pleasant surprise. Biggest surprise though, out of that supporting group to you in San Antonio is who for a rookie.
Speaker 15: To perform like this on the biggest stage in Dylan Harper coming off the bench. Look, there was only a handful of rookies even playing in the postseason this year, and Dylan Harper has been at the head of the class and for him to show the type of poise that he has shown, let's talk of it and think about this.
Speaker 3: This first team, the.
Speaker 15: Second youngest team to be in the finals behind I believe Bill Walton's Portland Trailblazers way back in the day. So for them, guys and the trusts that we've got to talk about the young head coach too, Mitch Johnson. It's just not the players, Yeah, it's the coaching staff as well. So look, this is uncharted waters. We keep talking about experience, experience matters. Oh my god, when are they you know they're going to run into OKAC and the champs. They're they're playing their own playbook and they're going by their own rules, and here they are. They will be the betting favorites because of everyone you just mentioned Having said all that, I said on your show What a Week two weeks ago that I like the Knicks. I think how they've played up to this point. My only reservation has been the long lay off, so Russ versus Rest what we're talking about right now, but the way they've played up to this point, having won eleven in a row and revamped or offense during the middle of the playoffs. Theodore think about that. They revamped their offense during the middle of the playoffs. Can that be successful against this the Spurs team? I can't wait to see.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take Brunchon and Wemby out of this. Next in line for MVP for you would be.
Speaker 3: I think for the.
Speaker 15: For the Knicks, probably Cat for the for the Knicks, and I think for the Spurs. Wow, everything evolves around him, but I would have to go deer and fox. I think his little bit of playoff experience will come.
Speaker 3: To the forefront tonight. And when you saw that in Game seven.
Speaker 15: All the way up until that point, I know he has been struggling with a you know, a twisted ankle, a turned ankle. But if you looked at Game seven, they looked for his leadership and he delivered again, will be the closer and all that, But Deer and Fox sneakly is the second best player on this team.
Speaker 4: You went to the NBA Finals in two thousand, but you lost in the finals conference finals in ninety four, ninety five, ninety eight, ninety nine. Do you think that that You know, they talk about the experience of getting there and then you know, losing and then getting over that hump. But did you need to lose four times in the conference finals.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't need to lose four time.
Speaker 2: Look, but did you learn anything? Did you learn?
Speaker 15: Sometimes experience can be your best teacher. Don't get me wrong, it's sometimes it's good. It's never good to take your own moms, but you learn from them. But again, this is a new playbook that we're seeing unfolding in front of our eyes with this first team. Because again we keep harping on it, and they keep proving all of us wrong. They're just going out there and playing. It's the old. Look, it was the Thunder and the Pacers last year, two young teams. There wasn't a ton of experience by both of those teams, and especially the last year's champs, the Thunder. You know, they took their lungs, you know, a couple of years ago versus Dallas. But again, this is unchartered waters and I like that. It's like, just go out and play and whatever happens happened, and they're proving a lot of people wrong.
Speaker 4: If I was going to have a dark horse, maybe a wild card for MVP, I would have Ogi Anobi because if he's able to play Victor and contain him like he could be an Andrea Egudala kind of sneak in and steal the MVP. If I was going to look at that from the NIX perspective, if I was going to look at with san Antonio, I'd probably go with stuff on Castle.
Speaker 3: I think you.
Speaker 15: Wouldn't be wrong because both guys defensive minded, and both guys are going to have their hands full o G versus Wimby. That's gonna be mussy because are you going to go with size? Are you going to go with bulk and strength? And for Stefan Castle, his defense on Jalen Brunson, think about that. He's had to go against Denny Advia first round versus Portland, then Anthony Edwards, then the two time MVP and SGA and now you get Jalen Brunson. So the run offensively that Stefan Castle is going to be enduring is pretty remarkable. So yeah, you can make a case for both of those guys.
Speaker 4: Reggie Miller, Hall of Famer, NBA on NBC Lead Analyst. If Chad Holmbrenn is your teammate, what are you saying to him?
Speaker 15: I'll probably take it him to dinner and say, look, you know what the world is going to be saying about you. I think what he has going in his favor is that they did when It's championship a year ago, and we did see on the biggest stage he was pretty good. He just had one of those series, and we all have them, you know. I tell people this.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 15: In ninety nine when we lost in one of those conference finals, you're talking about to the Knicks, a series that we should have won very much like ok see, I didn't play my best in that conference finals.
Speaker 3: And I felt the weight of that, and.
Speaker 15: I trained my behind off that summer, almost reinventing myself to come back for that moment, and fortunately I had that moment a year later versus the Knicks Conference finals, we won and we ended up going to the finals in two thousand. I think Chet is going to have to look himself in the mirror and he's going to have to reinvent himself, and he's going to have to use what everyone is saying about him.
Speaker 3: Trade him. He's too soft. There was in his eyes.
Speaker 15: He's gonna have to use all that noise to motivate him. I want to see. I don't think the Thunder will trade him. He's too young and he's too valuable of the piece. I think they'll add something to this Thunder team, but I don't think they'll trade him. I want to see what happens next year because if next year he comes back and he's in the same situation, because guess what, the Spurs aren't.
Speaker 3: Going anywhere right, They're gonna be there.
Speaker 15: He's gonna have his opportunities versus winby versus the Spurs. Then if it's a stumble and fall down again, then the conversations will be very valid. And then if you're Sam Presty, you think about it. But look, if you're Sga and the rest of those guys, he helped you win a championship a year ago, you got to give him a little bit of credit for that, But I want to see how he reinvents himself this summer. He's got to work on his game, he's got to work on his strength and mentally he's got to be stronger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got to get to that Jalen Brown point where stop deferring, like be a force, Like you got to demand the ball sometimes you don't take a shot. In the second half of Game seven of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: Let's star, could you hear my? Yes?
Speaker 15: I could every time the ball was flung to one. I mean one time during the game, I was like.
Speaker 2: Take him, did Chad? Did Chad hear you?
Speaker 15: Because I felt like he may have heard me because I kept elbowing Jamal next to me and we kept looking at one another like is he hurt?
Speaker 3: Is he sick?
Speaker 15: Like it was like mind blowing because you just wanted him to compete.
Speaker 3: That's all you want.
Speaker 4: Guys to do at this But Ridge, I got to ask, like I got to put a little bit on the coaching staff too, like you're coaching him. I know it sounds crazy to say, be more aggressive one the ball, you know, be an offensive force, But is somebody yelling at him to to be aggressive to attack. Webby had five fouls at one point.
Speaker 15: Ya, But I don't think that's coaching. If anyone, it should be the other players. Like if I swing you the ball, yeah, if you have a spot up three, take it or pump big wonderable into you, just don't defer and throw it to you know, to Isaiah Joe or to lou Dor. I mean, I don't care if you missed ten in a row. But as long as you're being aggressive and he thinks that you're going to shoot Wimby or he thinks you're going to attack him Wimby, that's opening this out. But what he was just deferring it again, he's he's got to reinvent himself and get.
Speaker 3: Back in the lab.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you honest he's available, and Milwaukee goes we'll take some draft picks, first round picks, and we'll take chet Holmgren.
Speaker 3: I would like that.
Speaker 15: Piece with the honest with the thunder if they can keep check now if harton Stein is in that deal with those picks.
Speaker 3: Possibly, but again I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I have to have chat. I like Isaiah Harten, you're right.
Speaker 3: They're gonna watch. Yet we're gonna watch Chet. I mean, he's what twenty twenty four?
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna ask you right now. The Bucks call and they say three first round picks and we want Chet Holgern and we're gonna give you a honest.
Speaker 3: Look, you're gonna listen hard. If you're Sam Presty, what would you do? Oh my god? And the honest is what thirty four? Right?
Speaker 4: Thirty thirty two this season? I believe, I think we talked about this. Thirty one now be thirty two next season.
Speaker 15: That is a really hard call, it really is. I can make a case both ways. But if you're trying to win now, and you would think you would have to think long and hard about it. But I would love to keep check. I would.
Speaker 4: I got you on the phone. You got to make a decision here. You can't say I can see it both ways. I don't hold on, hold on. I got the Lakers on the other line. Hey, what do you want to do here?
Speaker 3: The Lakers don't have the assets we do. That's what I'm saying. Lakers don't have the assets we do. Then get get back.
Speaker 4: They want to give Austin Reeves and they want to give.
Speaker 3: Chat Is Chet would be better than Austin.
Speaker 4: No, no, okay, So you're keeping Chet Holmgren and you're not trading for you honest.
Speaker 3: I'm still looking to trade for him, just not.
Speaker 4: Getting you got you have to give up Chet Folk hold on. The Clippers are on the other line.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a different question. I don't know.
Speaker 15: I love, look, I love, but you're gonna have someone of us facing problem with him in SGGA.
Speaker 3: I agree, you know what, I'm keeping Chet.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, keeping chat?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: Fine, So you got the Knicks in six.
Speaker 15: I think this goes seven. I think the Knicks are capable of winning a game seven on the road in San Antonio. This is going to be very competitive. Here's the things that I want to see, especially early on. Game one will be interesting because I talked about the rest versus rust. The Knicks are going to have to run, which they've done all postseason. You can't play slow down basketball versus this Spurs team because they're too good defensively. And we talked about the Og and the Wimby matchup. I think that Wimmy's going to be on Josh Hart. They usually put him on the Yeah, the most ineffective three point shooter. If Josh Hart is making threes, which we saw the last two rounds he did, that makes it interesting because you've got to try to pull Wimby away from the paint because if they do such a great job of switching and he finds himself always in the paint, so all those drives are nullified. If Heart can make threes, if Andy Shammant can make threes, and then if you pull them from the paint and you're taking these threes, that's when Karl Anthony Town should have the advantage on the offensive glass because that means a Jillian Champagne or Devin Vasell, those guys are guarding him. Him and Mitchell Robinson if he does play, which I think he's going to play with that broken pinky crashing the boards. If the Knicks can do that, they're gonna be successful. If they can draw with me from the paint, we're gonna see what we've seen all postseason teams scared to get in there, and the Spurs will dominate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might come down to something simple like can Josh Hart make threes? Can Stefan Counsel make threes? Because if I'm the Knicks I'm gonna say to Stephan Cassel, if you beat me out there, good for you. You deserve it, but I want you taking those shots. And Josh Hart they might be saying the same thing. We're not letting Brunson, We're not letting Karl Anthony Towns beat us. If you beat us, you're a better man and a better team.
Speaker 15: And to your point, I will say this Stefan Castle, he understands that teams are doing that, and he still puts his head down and gets it.
Speaker 3: What I would do too.
Speaker 15: If I'm the Spurs, I am going to put whoever Jalen Brunton is going to be guarding.
Speaker 3: He will be in every forty five action that high Street the role. Yeah, either you're going to.
Speaker 15: Switch or you're going to try to fight your way over. But Brunton and Kat will be in every action to make those two guys work defensively.
Speaker 4: We were talking about the greatness of Berkley that people kind of forget that he was a great player. They see him now as a great analyst. Like you know, I mentioned John Madden. People forget he was a Hall of Fame coach. They were like, oh, that guy.
Speaker 17: But Charles like it's so strange to tell people about when you say that guy right there was unbelievable, and if they didn't see him like Shack, you get because you go, okay, god, that guy's so big, Like how would you describe Berkley because he's shorter than you are and was not afraid of anybody who was seven feet or bigger.
Speaker 3: You know, I tell.
Speaker 15: People, in today's game, there's a few people that would be like Shack in today's game. I don't know how they these young guys would have ever guarded Shack. I put Charles in that same category because at six' flour six three maybe, even he was one of these strongest Men i'd ever. Seen and this is a guy he was country. Strong he didn't he wasn't in the weight room Like dennis Rod ben And Karl malone and thrown around stacks of. Weight he was country strong and he could do everything from shoot. Threes we know about the rebound, mean but was tough as. NAILS i, mean guys were just flying off. Him, People i'll. Understand and you, know he gets the knock, obviously like myself of not winning championships the era that we played In man and some of the dudes that we went.
Speaker 3: Against it just wasn't stacked in our. Favor BUT i.
Speaker 15: Would Put charles on one of my all time teams just if you needed a.
Speaker 4: Bucket, okay would you IF i, said you can Have Tim duncan Or Charles.
Speaker 2: Barkley here we go, Again.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Again you're not getting me a.
Speaker 4: Drug you're off, duty, Red you're off duty the whole.
Speaker 2: Summer.
Speaker 15: Now, Look Tim duncan is the greatest power for it of all. Time SO i would Take, timmy, okay Because timmy played obviously at both ends of the floor, too at both.
Speaker 3: Ends but that's not to Knock. Charles charles would have Given timmy. Problems he would have Given timmy. Problems i'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying, okay that's Not it's not a tough, Question.
Speaker 3: No it's.
Speaker 15: NOT i, mean out of those, two who do you Like dunkin Dum?
Speaker 3: Kid, YEAH i mean that's the right. Answer But charles is knocking on the.
Speaker 2: Door fritzie Is Charles withers right?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 4: Right, okay lean You Karl, Malone Charles, Barkley Charles. Barklay, Okay todd Is carl alone on the?
Speaker 2: Phones?
Speaker 15: Right Because i've seen a large sample size of that up close in the ninety Six.
Speaker 16: Olympics SO i, know And carl is, great don't get me. Wrong But charles AND i were like joined at the hip in the ninety Six. Olympics we, DID i mean, everything all and off the.
Speaker 3: Car we were.
Speaker 15: Together but the practices were, better were of course better than the, games and they those.
Speaker 3: Two had to lock up every single day and.
Speaker 2: Practice did you get in trouble With. Charles we didn't get in, trouble but we ruled.
Speaker 3: In we were running the ninety Six.
Speaker 2: Olympics Magic city. Wings, no we.
Speaker 15: Weren't In Magic, city, no, no, no but we were running The olympic.
Speaker 2: Village, okay thank, you REG i appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, hey congratulations to you And. Fritzy, man that is just. Special i'm glad just to know.
Speaker 2: Both twenty four.
Speaker 4: Years twenty four, years we've been together longer than you and your wife have been.
Speaker 15: Together oh my, god you're, right you're, right and say twenty five is what that's the silver?
Speaker 3: Anniversary, Yep oh my. Goodness. Fritzy i'm proud of you. Man i've probably you've been able to put up with.
Speaker 2: The no to, him you, know come, On i'm.
Speaker 3: Just honored to know both of, you, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: And i'm Like Phil jackson With Dennis. Rodman i'm just hoping that he shows up and wants to.
Speaker 3: Play, Look, fritzy he was the main one to help me facilitate. This you know what we have. Here it's been.
Speaker 15: All, fritzy but people need to know what goes.
Speaker 3: On behind the. Scene you move the.
Speaker 2: Envelope, okay all about a round of applause For.
Speaker 4: Fritzy, Yeah Reggie Aloisious Miller junior the, Third thank, you Reg, well take a.
Speaker 2: Break last call for phone? Calls what we?
Speaker 1: Learn what's in store tomorrow after? This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen. Live this stands for. History last call for phone, calls all of that. Forthcoming that pizza is.
Speaker 4: Great dylan did a great job and you got some lobster pizzas. There what are the other sausage and pepperoni Yet margarito? Sausage yeah, good nice. Tasty rectech has the pizza insert there takes around six to eight. Minutes There i've had a lot of fun with that thing since it. Arrived, yeah, yeah you've done a great job with. That all, right let's go around the. Room your pick for THE Nba Championship.
Speaker 14: Todd The New York, Knickerbockers, dylan just because our expert in the, Back rob has told me this ad, Nauseum nicks in exactly four, games.
Speaker 4: Sweep rob did not Say nixon four to, me Did? No he did Not Marvin.
Speaker 3: Nix and?
Speaker 4: Six all, Right Pauli nicks in? Seven, wow nobody taking The. SPURS i want The spurs to. WIN i have a hard time dismissing The. KNICKS i really, Do So i'll take The. SPURS i want to See wemby go wire to wire here with one of the great seasons that we've had in RECENT nba, history certainly for a younger.
Speaker 2: Player, Yeah, dylan but you wanted to take The. Knicks you just you're.
Speaker 8: Zagging you're the last analyst who wants to avoid the analyst.
Speaker 4: Jinks, Right, yeah, yeah but, Look i've been all in On. WEMBY i know ad. Nauseum this audience will remind me of. THAT i Just i'm finding somebody WHEN i tell you this That i've been around basketball over fifty, years and when you see something that is truly, INCREDIBLE i Mean Wilt chamberlain at the end of his, Career Louel cinder when he started his. CAREER i, mean just the list goes on and on and, on and Like shaq In, Orlando steph when he was A, Davidson, like you're just seeing these guys and then all of a sudden they become something something that you know historical AND i hope you Know wenby's the Next lebron from the standpoint of being that young and taking center stage and not leaving center stage and uh hopefully gets that.
Speaker 2: Opportunity final results of the poll, question what do you have?
Speaker 8: Deal, Well, dan if you want to ring even though your team lost the, finals would you want it the options where you had no way or? Yes but be grudgingly, yes but be. Grudgingly it's just eking out no way by about one percent thirty four.
Speaker 4: Percent and there's a player who got, traded who is, It Jeremy. Sochan, yeah from The spurs to The knicks's the, Season so if does he get a ring either?
Speaker 2: Way, yeah he wouldn't no matter. What, okay all, right you know i'd wear. It uh this day in Sports history, poll.
Speaker 9: Here's a fun.
Speaker 7: One eighteen fifty, one The New York knickerbockers became the first baseball team to wear. Uniforms there were straw, hats white, shirts and blue.
Speaker 2: Trousers, okay not know.
Speaker 4: That eighteen eighty, eight the baseball Poem casey at The, bat first published by The San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Examiner The Mighty casey has struck. Out, Oh, todd why do you ruin your spoiler spoiler? Alert?
Speaker 9: Oh sorry about?
Speaker 17: That nobody's laughing with like one hundred and forty years.
Speaker 4: OLD i was, all, Admit, oh, okay let's go around the. Room see if we learned, Anything, todd you learn anything?
Speaker 16: Today?
Speaker 10: Did Caleb williams is on the cover Of madden twenty, seven which could be a double, whammy possibly getting hurt now and The bears plan to move out Of.
Speaker 4: Chicago oh that's, right the. Curse they they're moving out Of. Chicago, dylan would you learn?
Speaker 2: Today you And.
Speaker 8: Todd have been married for twenty four, years AND i think that's.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, yeah we've been dating for thirty. Though, marvin there's no water In San. Antonio, yeah Poor Ryan, Risillo, paul The big two.
Speaker 4: Four thanks for the phone, calls, emails, tweets they all around. Support we'll do it again. Tomorrow, oh talk to you, then