Speaker 1: Jarrett was right.
Speaker 2: I shot my gum. I saw videos of us in that vip ten. I'm a fucking cow. I mean, I am not on my gum. It's disgusting. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: I'm Wearing to sweatget and it's four thousand degrees, one of my favorites. Yeah, anyways, it's chili. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also like the second I buy it, it's like I put it on and then I'm like, why am I'm sweating in this sweatshirt?
Speaker 1: What am I doing right now? Take it off?
Speaker 2: Then I have a great shirt on. I'm probably sweating underneath. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. We've got a great show for y'all. Just when you think you're like, oh, it's off season, like what is there to talk.
Speaker 1: About, we always have something to talk about.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the shit that parents will do to keep their kid entertained and quiet on an airplane, because this poor bastard that I saw moving up and down the aisle doing things that his friends would be like, was so entertaining, and I applaud all parents for their efforts on an airplane.
Speaker 1: More on that, aerin what do you got? What do I have?
Speaker 2: I am watching one of the millions I don't know millions that is watching the DCC Netflix doc It's shot, amazing, produced, fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'm all in.
Speaker 2: If I had had enough jello shots yesterday or we hadn't run out of white wine, I would have been doing Thunderstruck for everyone.
Speaker 1: But we can talk more about that. I know she loves the show everyone.
Speaker 2: She refers to it as DCC for those of you that don't know the acronym Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. It's a documentary that's out right now. I haven't started watching it, but Aaron could not say any loves it too. We'll discuss more on that in a second. Aaron's already excited about it. She's leaving the podcast. But of course we have to start. We have to start with a big milestone in the stole Andrew's household mac Rogers. Stole turn one years old and you had a birthday party for him, which was absolutely fabulous. That is not easy to do. I know you're gonna shout out Lauren Feno too, but I will, as a guest say that the decorations. The whole thing was absolutely perfect, and congratulations, mom, you made it one year live. Yeah, no, it was great. It was so much fun. But I will tell you, yes, let's give the As Steve told Lauren, you're one in a generation, once in a generation.
Speaker 1: Lauren works.
Speaker 2: She basically runs where. She's so amazing. She was my personal assistant because I'm so fancy. She was my everything for about five years of my life, well maybe like six. Let's be honest, she's been doing it for seven years. Can't find anyone to take her spot. And if you're interested, please apply. I'm not hitting DMS. So she's amazing. And she's also so crafty and she loves putting shit together. And we had like a spread on our little and it was inflatable goalposts. She found, you know, little hockey confetti. She found little footballs for everything. She found the little ye hockey player. I actually did that one. I was proud of it. Had we had a cupcake with a little puck on it and it looked like ice, and then we had a cutout of Mac and a hockey outfit. And then my fear, i' will take I will take credit for finding this since he was.
Speaker 1: We had a Rookie of the Year party. Blah blah blah. We get it. You like sports, hope your kid does.
Speaker 2: And I found on Instagram hole in one, you know, all the stupid playing off the words of one, and I sent it to Lauren. It was a green jello shot with a ball in it, like candy ball, and we found the flags that was like hole in one, Happy first birthday. I never thought jello shots. Lauren made them were so popular people couldn't get enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know the last time. Look, it's no mystery.
Speaker 2: Your gal loves a cocktail, and so I am an equal opportunity drinker. There's not like one preference over the other. But the last time I had a jello shot was probably Cabo Sam Lucas spring Break two thousand and one at squid Row. I haven't seen, not to be confused with skid Row. That's different, but squid Row, I mean jello shots. I didn't even know there was a thing on my when somebody handed me one and I was taking it.
Speaker 1: And I think it was was it Lauren?
Speaker 2: No, No, it was you. I think you were like, oh, is that your first one? I was like, no, I think I'm on my fifth one at this point. They were delicious and the little candy ball moved around like it was on the grain.
Speaker 1: It was very cute. You guys crushed it.
Speaker 2: I won't say who he is, but we had a hockey player there that he was like, oh, I'll have one. He goes, but I don't have any teeth to help me set it out.
Speaker 1: Sam Phips. Shout out to Sam Phipps though, the jello shot expert.
Speaker 2: She did give me a little tip though, She's like, you got to clear the edges of the jello shot. So take that Toothpiph around the edge hit is pop back again on another. Shout out though, goes to all of my friends, and especially Steve and Carissa, who bring the party no matter where we are, what continent we're on, all the things. You know, when people are dialed in and want to have fun at a birthday, one year old birthday, like they are lifers. They are real people in your life, and I'm so grateful for them. Auntie Carissa and Uncle Steve brought a remote control Mercedes Benz and like think of the car from like the Great Gatsby, think of the car from like Little orphan Annie. Think of that car, all black, all shiny, all remote control, and Max Doell rides in that thing like he is ride and dirty. It is insane and they are the best. Aunt and uncle, Well, I love you, but thank god you had kids so we can spoil them because I just I said to Steve when we were thinking about like different gifts to give him, and I was like, we have to get him a car. And then Steve found that one and it was the best because Max's only won like he can't drive it himself, but it has this function where by the way.
Speaker 1: Anyone that wants to know about this car, I'm going to get it on Amazon. It's insane. You can.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the I'll put the link up for anyone that wants to actually buy this bad boy because and this isn't an ad and I even work with Mercedes, but this car is sick because you can flip the thing and the parent can control it on a remote control. And so the best part, your sweet mother thought that Mac was driving it, and I was We're like, no, no, no, it's okay. It's being operated by a parent, like he's not doing it himself.
Speaker 1: But he was chilling. The guy was laid back and having a time, so it was Steve made a playlist for it.
Speaker 2: Eve made a playlist because it had a bluetooth speaker. I was like every it had lights that lit up on the front. Anyways, the best part about being the aunt and uncle though, is like we get to be.
Speaker 1: Like bye and Steve goes.
Speaker 2: When we were buying it, he goes, God, He's like, where do parents put all this shit that people get? If I'm like, oh, I know, so I'm sorry because oh my god, ends up being like all this junk that you probably don't need. If I'm a parent, I'm like ditching the stuff when the kid's not looking. The kid's like, wow, where's that, I'm like, I don't know, donate.
Speaker 1: It too much stuff? Kids have so much shit? Why do they have so much paraphernaia? So much shit? It's crazy, right.
Speaker 2: And it's like, oh my god. And we're not even just talking like being spoiled, like you have stuff just like the car seat and that, this and that that actually, which we have some headlines on oh yeah, yeah, yeah parents. So we'll just dive into it because there's a lot of they're good lines yeah. Okay, starting with, but not limited to, rude influencer hogs airplane bathroom to show off skincare for TikTok followers.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The reason why there's a segue on that because I need to get to the parents on this airplane in a second. But a style, a lifestyle content creator who seemingly hogged an airplane bathroom to perform her multi step skincare routine, has been branded as inconsiderate and rude for making other passengers posedly wait for fifteen minutes. Yes, that is rude. The road you are rude. So I think, what's the average plane holds? I don't know, like a number. Let's just make up a number. Three hundred. Does that seem like too many? I'm not good at guessing. Oh God, I don't know, Okay, Ryan, so let's Ryan will look it up for us. So let's just say, for all intentsive purposes right now, three hundred people, and there's two bathrooms, you're going to take up fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: No, we don't need shame on you, game on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we have a real problem with airplane etiquette because we've talked about it before on this podcast. The woman that just was asking if she could have some of the snacks from the woman next to her.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: Get out of the bathroom if you're doing videos at any kind, that's weird, first of all, and gross.
Speaker 1: Those bathrooms are gross out.
Speaker 2: And then on the airplane, which we never got to talk about because we were just enamored with our experience at Taylor Swift, that there was a woman sitting in front of me because I flew later Stevezard there Aaron and Jarrett flew together, and I was coming from somewhere else. So on my flight from Toronto to fr instance in London, this woman had her feet up and was just touching her feet and talking loud. She was the trifecta of all things, feet up, rubbing them and talking loud on her phone before the flight took off, and then proceeded to keep her feet up on the back. If the person in front of her turned around, the feet would be right in her face, like what are we doing? Somebody thought that was your feet in the picture that I posted. Yeah, somebody, probably the guy that said I was going for the soccer mom era. I said, ew, Aaron, puts your feet down, disgusting. Chris has sent us that photos. We're literally on our flight, and I thought to myself, to London, you're not gonna make it. They're gonna she's probably drunk. She's probably gonna.
Speaker 1: Cause she wants you overserved. You're gonna have to make an emergency landing. I knew it.
Speaker 2: Chris is like, don't put that in the air. I we have talked about our love for flight attendants. We take off, my flight attendant comes over to give me something. I go, look at what my best friend's dealing with right now, and she goes, you have no idea, she said. I mean, I'm not they see, but she what they see. And I was like, I just feel so bad for you guys. People don't respect you. We've talked about it before, but I was so sure that you were going to do an emergency landing with that buffoon.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: And then Jarrett on the text and I'm like, you're gonna have to make emergency landing.
Speaker 1: He writes tough stems.
Speaker 2: Eh, and then don't land exactly what's so funny? I just I just don't understand when people get on an airplane and think that they're alone, whether it's the chick in the bathroom doing the videos and holding up the line for the for everyone else. Or it's this broad that was overserved at the airport bar and just got on hot. Like taking your shoes off and putting your feet in the air. How about the people and you've seen these pictures the people that put their feet in like the seat in front of them, like on that little ledge.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about, the seat in front. I'm down. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Where are did you?
Speaker 2: You never learn any manners like I understand on a long flight you want to take your shoes off, no problem, That's why that wonderful airline provides socks that are in the little Toiletry kit put the socks on, bare feet, set up on the back and absolutely not.
Speaker 1: It's just it's no, I'm not in.
Speaker 2: I had a buffoon sitting behind me on my flight home from London that, according to her mother at luggage claim.
Speaker 1: She had a head cold.
Speaker 2: She was coffin up a storm. I get it, you get sick. I get sick on planes, But no covering of the mouth. Finally I turned my head around and I said, are you insane?
Speaker 1: Cover your mouth? Right about that? I don't care. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Where have her manners gone? Now that's the negative on planes. Here's the positive on planes. I saw this sweet dad who I don't know what it's like to Actually that's I take that back. I used to be a nanny and travel with the family when I was in high school, and we would go on flights. We'd go to Hawaii, we'd go to Mexico. I'd travel with the family, and so bringing the nanny me. Sure, it's my responsibility. That's what I'm there for, to entertain the kids on the flight. Okay, no problem. Bring the games, bring the things like that the baby, we have a bottle, or we have you know something, pacifiers, something to take I don't even for one second pretend what it's like to try to be a parent on a plane other than my small experience doing it.
Speaker 1: But applaud to anyone.
Speaker 2: Applauding parents and nanny's their caretakers who tried to quiet down their child. This sweet father on this plane got in the aisle.
Speaker 1: He was singing to this child. He was bouncing up and down, he was doing everything instead of just sitting there and being like sh it's like, no, get up. Move.
Speaker 2: No one is going to fault you going up and down those aisles trying to quiet your child. I am going to fault you if you sit there and you don't do anything to even try to help that poor child. But this dad was singing like every song, and I was all I could think of was like his friends would be like looking at him, like, can you cause like the Jair or Steve or anyone. It's like imagine and time in their life where they were like, oh my god, poor bastard having to go.
Speaker 1: Up and down the aisle during But there's nothing you won't do. I'm sure as a parent to like just.
Speaker 2: Sing the song, look like an idiot, dance around. But I just had to like talk about that because he was so great, and I could tell the mom was stressed and the dad was like, I got it, don't worry.
Speaker 1: And was doing everything. So kudos to parents and care team work. Baby. Yeah exactly. How's Max was playing? I feel like he's good. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot, and I honestly feel worse for the people around us. I mean, Max, you're around him yesterday. Mac doesn't sit still. Max's busy. Yeah, but it's again, you're doing everything you can and you have to have patience, like for any any situation like that. But anyways, the dad was great, and I just thought it was adorable because he was doing anything he possibly could.
Speaker 1: All teamwork, baby, all teamwork. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you read this headline? But read the line after it. It's from Reddit Steve's latest obsession. I'm divorcing my husband because he screws jarred lids. Screws jar lids too tight. Okay, sometimes I don't read.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 2: My god, sometimes I literally feel insane for being so upset over jar litt's. Her husband claimed he had a habit of tightening extra tight to keep food fresh. He tightened them so much she couldn't. I sound like I'm reading a children's book he tightened? Who's been having children books for last year? The issue became unattainable after her husband left home for ten days. Okay, come on, this is why you're getting divorced.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. There's a million more reasons to get divorced, sisters, ass, and you're blaming it on the jar screwing.
Speaker 2: It can't be real. She can't actually be getting a divorce over that. I know, I I just thought this was wacky and I sent it to Ryan. I'm like, this is nuts. What are we doing that? You called out a work and you can't sleep. There's something else, you know, something else is going on here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's.
Speaker 2: Screwing the jar lid, sure jar lid is the woman he works with the jar lid j then we got we got a real reason for you to divorce him if it's just the actual object of a jar and the lid. No, did you ever have those things growing up? Those they looked like a flower. Yes, they're like a flower pedal and then you'd open it with that. I remember ours was like orange or something. Isn't it weird the things you remember as a kid, Like when my mom couldn't find that. She's always like, where's the jar lid open er? Like it's like and then a towel didn't work because it.
Speaker 1: Had the grip on it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I bought the other day that was like so random and it's like only something you buy as an ador.
Speaker 1: I bought corn on the cob, little like holder thing cut the ranch. Yeah, for the ranch.
Speaker 2: But I was like, it's they're so helpful, Like I was eating. I used them right away. Corn on the like to eat off there. Corn in the cob, though, you really got to have that dental flass handy. There is no getting around those things jammed up in there. But a good corn on the cob in the summertime, I love it. Summertimes great.
Speaker 1: What you feel like? Sweet corn on the cob? Yes, love, I like it. And it's like super yellow looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I'll say this, I'm not a corn on the cob on the cob.
Speaker 1: I'm a cutter. I cut it off to eat it. I can go, I can. I could go both ways on that. It depends. But with my new corn on the cob holders now I'm committed to the cob hold. But I do like.
Speaker 2: That, you know, shave down, move and then you do rotate, shave down again. You know, it always gets a sign look and a laugh like a sarcastic laugh. Is I'm always the corn on the cob cutter, but it always slips out and a share plate and the night goes flying, Jarrett babe, And it's like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: There? It's buttery. It's the things like.
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot of issues, you know, what I've happened into lately. Steve is seizing very loud. I why is so so loud? Like he did in London and you were so appalled. I was like, it goes back to that woman coughing and it's like it's like it's like literally he's like, oh chow and it's like okay, and I know he tries to cover the mouth.
Speaker 1: It's so loud. I'm divorcing him. It's loud.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's what it's like. The thing in a relationship where was like he breathes too loud. It's like, now I'm no when you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it's over, it's over, like breathing, the chewing. But it was right.
Speaker 2: I shot my gum. I saw videos of us in that VIP ten. I'm a fucking cow. I mean, I am on my gum. It's disgusting. And you know where I'm going to say it comes from. I've seen video of me on the field talking to athletes and I'm like like, girl, moo moo, spit it out. But here's the other thing it's from. I love to go to berries. I chew on gum and berries to help me. Like you know, so I don't have dry mouth. Sounds like a situation whoa uh screwing the jars. Anyways, I love to have gum in my mouth to help with that. And I'm not on the treadmill. I gotta really watch myself. This is disgusting. You know. It's so great though, when you like self police and you think to yourself, I need to stop doing that. You guys left yesterday. My neck and back hurts so bad. And all I kept saying to Jarrett was Wow, what a side I must have been with my.
Speaker 1: Nock out with Chino and hunched over like what a goal? Wait? Why were what was wrong? Because I think I was like this will it was over?
Speaker 2: No, No, now you're now you're doing too much. Now you're now you're self policing, Like, no, you get I got gumb I got this. I had no lightline.
Speaker 1: Aaron. By the way, Oh my god, whish this actually leads me? Okay, I need to keep my head.
Speaker 2: I had a bottle in the fridge and I found it and I was so catchy okay to use.
Speaker 1: It while you guys were all looking around. Somebody grab a road map and get us back.
Speaker 2: By the way, I feel like I'm my ways instructor, make a you turn, Make a you turn. It's like harsher left right center, great game. It reminds me of call her Daddy. She had like a clip that made me laugh out loud. She was talking about, by the way, Alex Cooper, do you want to come on our podcast?
Speaker 1: I could be your mother.
Speaker 2: I'm so old, but like someone hair is so pretty, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: And she told the hysterical story about like hooking up with the Red Sox player, and then she went out and threw the first pitch and like anyway, she's great. We love her, Okay, but she started going on a rant about how awful it is to be a host, like the pressure I am with her.
Speaker 1: I hat hosting. I hated it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I hate more in life than being a host. The pressure is on you. First of all, it's like you're spending the entire time making sure everyone else is having a good time. For example, yeah, Aaron, yesterday at Max's sweet birthday party, she was every five seconds because she's a wonderful host and was making sure everyone was having a great.
Speaker 1: Time, which we all were. But I feel the pain. She's like, is everyone good? Is it? Did anyone need anything?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 1: And decided it is everyone good? To anyone? I kept asking Deep, how's the volume?
Speaker 2: Also, I couldn't get the speaker to work, and then it worked and I worried Mac was deaf, and then Deep.
Speaker 1: How's the temperature? Like are you hot? Are you cold? Steep's like, everyone's happy, everyone's having a great time.
Speaker 2: But then there was a certain brand of white wine that was gone because at a copious level was you know, I was consuming it at a copious level.
Speaker 1: Dec weren't the only one, and it was, ha, a great time? Please?
Speaker 2: Whose parties better than anyone else? Is that you're not hosting? Everyone's okay? But Aaron kept going, there's more white wine on the way, there's more. Kevin Burkhardt and I at one point go we were standing at Aaron's bar. We look behind us, there's so much alcohol behind us. And I was like, we're fine, and she's but again, the pressure, the pressure a being host is insane. And then it's like then you got to pick up every thing, and then it's like, what's it all for? What is it all for?
Speaker 1: This is another reason why I don't want to have a wedding because I'm going.
Speaker 2: To worry the whole time I have anybody to do that. Nope, that's not going to be your excuse. I'm not going to let you use that one for an excuse. It's not yet a wedding planner, then you don't worry about it. That's not you had a wedding planner and you were worried at your wedding that everyone was having a good time. It's just so much to have to host. Oh my god, and it's like if it's not perfect, then like one thing. Anyways, So shout out to anyone that likes hosting. Hail No, all host TV shows, not parties. That's my real Housewives of whatever tagline. I'm going to be a television shows.
Speaker 1: Not parties.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, thank you. My tagline is going to be speaking of host. I'm going to segue into this from Ryan Well happling back. We were talking about divorce, the opposite of divorce. We want to play a matchmaker.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: We're back on track. Boys, estimated time. Beware, there's a car on the shoulder of the road, so let's do it. So we talked about and we were talking about it yesterday at the party. Like listen, I mean, we may or may not be getting credit for a romance that's taking the world by storm, but we I think this is my deal, and we talked about it yesterday. I have a very good friend. He is one of my dearest friends that I said, you guys at the line of Max's birthday party, Kevin Burkhard Dream, Rachel Burkhard Dream. Kevin gets in my little kid's play pen with him, and Courzy goes, hey, Mac, Kevin Burkhard's gonna spend more time with your mom than you are coming up during the NFL season. Well, because it's true, you guys spend so much time together. And Mac needs to know who. Yeah, the work this guy is another work husband of mine. I am with a lot. I want to find him a woman, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: Cold want to say, you didn't say the name? Do you? Oh you listen it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask him if I'm a lit I'm okay Keith and Ireland right now, but I want to ask for miss Shane. But I think there is a real future for Calm Down. And we've talked about this being matchmakers right.
Speaker 1: Sure did.
Speaker 2: So we've talked about this before, but we also mentioned it on the pregame this week. We are going to do this enough talk a little bit, a little less conversation, a little more action for those of you familiar with the song. Okay, so this started way back when with Jaywick thirteen. She wrote in Sweet Angel, any dating advice for a forty five year old girl in LA huge sports fan? Seems simple, right, help? And this was back on May twentieth. So Aaron and I loved and again came on the heels. As Aaron mentioned of us getting credit for a romance, we didn't, but whatever, we.
Speaker 1: Are all about getting set up.
Speaker 2: Aaron got set up with Jared from Michael Strahan, Steve and I got set up from the Stafford's like, so we are all about paying it forward forward with setting people up. So we are going to make this happen. So consider this your PSA. If you are sitting and that doesn't mean to a wife, and you have a wife or a husband and like you want to have a side No, if you are legally single then and you want to be set up, we want you to DM the Calm Down Podcast, don't do it Aaron and I that it'll get lost because sometimes we have to avoid weirdos. So DM the Calm Down Podcast. Tag us in it if you want to whatever, but DM calm down and tell us a little bit about yourself. It doesn't have to be long, but we'll go through them and we'll figure out a system. We don't know what that is, yeah, but we really want to have like a Eventually we'll have like a mixer, or we'll do like certain things that we can do in person. But in the meantime, we'll try to facilitate some matchmaking, like we're the dating app, but consider it. Not happy with your current dating situation, Calm down, we'll fix it.
Speaker 1: Ah, something that I will get it sponsored.
Speaker 2: Ryan's shitting his pants because you brought up We'll host a mixer, He's like, what, Yeah, do you have time? And we'll wear white wine and yellow shots. What Lauren's catering. We are going to do something with this. So again PSA repeated send us to the Calm Down cod Do you want us to tag them to tag us and calm down or what I wanted to calm down?
Speaker 1: Send it to Calm Down DM.
Speaker 2: And then if you want to tag it fine, but we'll obviously get it at some point because and this is for men and women, because we got gal friends. You know, So sorry Aaron's papers. I'm sorry, I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: He has a penny so excited. Yes, so send it to us and not and women? We got friends. Wait wait, wait, wait, wheels are turning, wheels are turning. All I can think of is if we actually make this match happen and it becomes a wedding like.
Speaker 1: We officiated, like we host the wedding, get to I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do my own weddings, but I can do somebody else's wedding. I mean, think the Bachelor. But like us, calm down, like this could be a whole thing. See if there used to be Did we talk about this on this platform? The wedding story? Did you ever watch the wedding story on TLC back and then I watched the wedding story. Are you talk about this? No? But of course I watched the wedding story years ago on TLC. They would show the whole thing, they would show the lead up, the whole thing. I was such a cuckoo for a girl that like didn't really want a big wedding I would play. After watching the wedding Story, I would go to the supermarket. I would buy a bride's magazine. I would tear out the like little perforated paper on the inside where you could send away or sure was is that you? Jennifer Lopez a wedding planner, I would write down I would send away for the free sample of like the invitation, the little match book, the napkin, and I would play with my friend Amy growing up. We would always play these like random little make believe games wedding planner, and I just thought it was induced by TLC. It's although there was a baby story that followed, which was they showed a lot yeah, yeah, the full on like bad shot, No, no, get behind me immediately. If I ever had a kid, I would a kudos to the dads that wanted to see that. I'd be like, no, get back here now, right now, you're going down there, not below the equator. Can I segue again? Because I'm so good at hosting. You want to know what I've been watching. We are talking about TLC Wedding Story, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader docuseries on Netflix.
Speaker 1: That would you say phenomenal. That's why I don't host. No, You're wonderful. I just was like, leg kicking legs, open splits go.
Speaker 2: What was it from Syrups too? Hi boots high kicks the papers again? I absolutely well. First of all, I am not jumping on the bandwagon. I have been on the DCC bandwagon. Shout out to Kelly, shout out to Judy, the coaches. I love them so much. I say hello to them every game.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you? Yes, ma'am? I love the show.
Speaker 2: I loved it when it was on CMT, and I love every Dallas Cowboys game we do, which feels like all of them. Seeing those girls, I always say hi to them. I always want to, like know how they're doing. They get their water by me, they work their asses off. They are beautiful, and this show is so well done.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a little bit of like humor in it in terms of how they've edited it. It's gorgeous shots like at Jerry's World, their practice. I came from a back dance background. I'm not a good one, but I know how.
Speaker 1: Deep it is. Answer. I'm not going to let you do that. You're a fabulous dnswer. You really do have to fit a role.
Speaker 2: You have to fit a type in dance, and that's exactly what DCC has been. That's what's you know, shown throughout the show. And I love it.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: It makes me think of when and I danced in Florida. Listen, you sit there seven games, you know, a year, and you watch these women. Of course you want to be them, like I want to do that damn outfit.
Speaker 1: I practiced with you into Loom one time.
Speaker 2: Okay, shut up to Ashley Lucas, a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader who's a friend of ours, and she and Aaron. Aaron induced this one as to show Nope, sober, you would do it too, to show the love that.
Speaker 1: Aaron has for the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. We are into Loom.
Speaker 2: She puts on Thunderstruck over the entire house speakers. Her and Ashley start a kick line and it was, by the way, everyone there was probably thirty of us. We were like this mouse open jaws drop it is. I mean, if you don't get jacked up for Thunderstruck a prumps, I don't know who you are. It is really amazing. It's so good and they there's a whole part of this show where it talks about this is our It's like a three and a half.
Speaker 1: Minute long I need to watch it. I haven't watched it yet, Yeah, I need.
Speaker 2: And they talk about learning it and there are some vets in it, and they just use their bodies and they are thunderstrucking and they were shot saying up the I love it, Judy Kelly. I love you guys so much, bucket List. I want to be a DC scene, but like not in this life.
Speaker 1: Like we're good.
Speaker 2: I know eighty, but yeah, well maybe we could do like a senior version for you. You know, you never you can never give up on your dreams.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how old you are, you know. I love those girls. I love that whole I love it all.
Speaker 2: They get the players pumped, they get the crowd pump, they get me pumped. They always come on and do that whole thing right before my first hit, and I'm supposed to be listening and paying attention, and I'm much like distracted by the I know it's so good. I can't wait for you to watch it. You're I know, I got an order. I gotta I'm late to watching The Crown, So I'm doing that right now. I'm also, how's it been great? I need to watch The Crown though during the day. Here's the problem, guys, You're I sit down on that couch night. It's like this watching watching out. I watched a little drinking. It take me forty five years to get through six seasons. Yeah, so I need to make an effort to watch it during the day or watch it when I'm wide awake, like and then I got my Selene documentary that I got to get in on.
Speaker 1: I want to watch the Dallas Cowboys thing. Are you the? Are you the?
Speaker 2: I feel like you are because you're so organized. The person that downloads the episodes on the ivy pane for the plane, I feel like, to be honest. Now, maybe I'm stupid unless you're going to Europe. I've been able to watch it on the streaming app, like I started Palm Royale and I watched it coming back.
Speaker 1: Where was I? Oh from Miami?
Speaker 2: I watched DC it like I went on Netflix and I could watch it if I was on the Wi Fi. See, this is my prof I'm not even tech savvy to even do that. I'm still downloading I mean, look at me. I'm like, have you gotten that DVD?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm my girl. What's your TVO doing? Seriously?
Speaker 2: Teople still have TVO? I don't know, but it was so great. Also, Nielsen ratings, I never understood that. I'd never met a person with a Nielsen box? Who is Nielsen?
Speaker 1: And who?
Speaker 2: I mean? I know that I'm not trying to get political. I don't whatever side you're on. I was blown away that the debate only got sixty one million. I thought it would get more.
Speaker 1: You know what I think about that? So I have a question.
Speaker 2: But because we so CNN, but you could stream it on other news. Wait, everybody? I think it was everyone. I really really do. Yeah, because I asked my dad, who also was in television forever, and I said, was there a rating that came out? My dad said, I saw sixty whatever.
Speaker 1: But I kind of thought, yeah, everybody would put their numbers together. I really thought it was yeah. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: I'm always where's Mike mulva Hill, our genius that is all things numbers on the rating? He works at Fox, and we absolutely loved we have him on We show a genius. He really is and he was so backstory on Mike mulba Hill. I'm sure he just doesn't care that we're saying he's the one who will determine or determine with the numbers for ratings for each game and where you guys, where the A crew goes and all this guys way beyond over my head.
Speaker 1: It's on the wall behind me and went right over this ponytail. And also he.
Speaker 2: Could explain if he came on. You know, as a network, you have a certain amount of games that you put in a request for you shoot more, and you think to yourself, well, CBS or NBC will probably get this, so we want I find it hooking fat.
Speaker 1: I love him so much.
Speaker 2: It's also so fascinating for you because it determines where you're going. I mean like like, oh, where are you next week? We're like, oh, we don't know. You don't know because of X, Y or Z. But I bring up the nails and boxing. I don't know anyone that has a nails and box, but I'd love to know if how it all works and if that's still even a thing. Yeah, but it brings me back to like childhood where it was like, oh, the ratings for this and that. No childhood. This is you did that on purpose. You brought you brought up childhood so you could do that. Yeah, that's a good host. God, she's good. Check her out on Amazon and Fox.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't do a very good job of that. I could have been better on that. I should. I should have brought it in earlier, you know what I mean. Now we're out of time. Now the rundown's over, and it's like the producer drying longer.
Speaker 2: There's nothing you no I know, but like in a TV world where the producers like rap rap.
Speaker 1: In your ear.
Speaker 2: Childhood medical myths debunked as experts weigh in on five common warnings. Okay, so for those of you that are catching on, we have brought these wonderful headlines. Some of them get our attention. Others were like this one was fascinating to me. So all the things that you think of childhood like, okay, don't get them swimpled. Nope, debunked. Here's the first one. We'll go back and forth. E myth one ginger ale relieves stomach aches. While actual ginger can help ease a stomach ache, most commercial ginger ales don't actually contain the real thing. Don't you remember that as a kid, getting the salt bubbles trables will help?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, I guess it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Myth Number two, Girl, gum stays in your stomach for seven years, you will likely pass it like any other in is it in or um indigestible foods for two to five days. I used to swallow a lot of gum. I used to swallow a lot of gum. Do it like a Cowugh?
Speaker 1: I love it? You really random? Oh, knock it off.
Speaker 2: I was always afraid though, thinking like, oh my gosh, the second I did it, when.
Speaker 1: Was the last time you swallowed gum? I don't do it any days ago? I don't know. I do you still swallow gum? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because sometimes it gets just so old, but like it just spit it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like my words.
Speaker 2: Uh mith three, you shouldn't swim for thirty minutes after eating based on current research. I'm gonna tell you who I'm gonna ask this, Patty Max swim instructor.
Speaker 1: Patty is a dream. She was, calm down, listener, Patty, what up? Patty? Is so nice?
Speaker 2: Meeting you at the birthday party, A little sweet angel you coming in and she just said, I'm max swim instructor.
Speaker 1: I said, I know, I've seen all the videos.
Speaker 2: I need Patty to be my swim instructor strung swimmer, so let's ask her. According to this, you shouldn't swim for thirty minutes after eating based on.
Speaker 1: Research before chicken soup cures a cold.
Speaker 2: This is upsetting to me. Chicken soup is warm and comforting when you're sick, but it's not a cure.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't heard it cures. I just heard, yeah, it just helps, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know what, oh myth I've heard? I know there's one more, sorry, and it's about a cold. My friend who's also on my crew, but he's not single. He was telling us that his mom had like a myth or an old wives tale about putting a vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and then wearing socks and going to bed. I listen, when I get sick, I do it, and I think of her.
Speaker 1: Does it work? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm the worst person to talk about about having a cold. I will medicate myself fifty ways to get rid of this thing, so I'm not sick for this season.
Speaker 1: Like I'm you medicated before the cold even comes. Oh god, I got, I.
Speaker 2: Got the sinus rints, I got the Nettie pot, I got the posts, got.
Speaker 1: All the rubs, the humidifiers. It's disgusting. So Aaron, how would.
Speaker 2: You describe Aaron and your personalities? Aaron is very preventive and I'm retroactive. I do everything after the fact. You are very preventative in all of your measures. I wish I was like that. Not me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, shit, what do I do now? It's already here.
Speaker 2: Last myth, you will ruin your eyes if you sit too close to the TV. Sitting too close to the TV will not damage your eyes. That's interesting. Yeah, though it may cause eyes strain according to the American Academy of Optomology. What's interesting about that, though, is like, you know people that spend a lot of time on a computer all day, like it is their job. They wear those blue light blocker glasses. I get that for the strain, but like, I just feel like, and then isn't it associated with kids? Like you don't want to have some screen time because it's bad for you. I don't know what are all the rules? Who makes these rules?
Speaker 1: One thing I was curious about I thought it was optomology. Is thermology? Did I say ophthalmology? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't, but it's but is it pronounced theomology? Or I thought it was optalmology? It's optomology. I think the age is silent, like Carissa Terrissa sure Lisa here and I was like, you got a H in your name? I'm like, ask my parents. I don't know why there's an H in my name. Why people say Clarissa too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where's the l well, I'm gonna take it out. Call me Irwin Andrews. No, stop it right now. No he didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh he's so sweet. Oh, I love that. You know what Gary Payton calls me Clarissa Thompson. I go, Gary, I've known you for he like twenty years. Not your number twenty, you were number twenty, number twenty, Sean keb number forty, the rain Man. Anyways, childhood myths debunked, debunked. I gotta be honest. I think we went through everything. Oh you think this is what you think? Where it's over? I know what it does here on your favorite holiday or your favorite season. I asked you like in the middle of court and the cop I know. It was one of my my favorite season. Yeah, are you a sell fall?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The sweaters it's football, didn't I'm a summer gal. I'm a summer gal.
Speaker 2: Tank top flipped a fag out ten weeks into this season. And then I'll tell you because we've got the greatest jobs in the world. All right, Well, I love you and no, Brian just we got it. We gotta keep it going phones at events. And before you get into this headline, shout out to Christian McCaffrey and Olivia Copple.
Speaker 1: Her dress was knock it off.
Speaker 2: If I could fit my left arm in there, I'd ask to borrow it for the next wedding, because that is God.
Speaker 1: Say, friend, talk about it. I mean, Hi, you were miss Universe, so anything will look good on you. But I have to say, I just love those two. I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I act like I know them personally. I mean I've interviewed both of them, but on different occasions. Christian McCaffrey, I said it to you doing the makeup to I was passing over.
Speaker 1: For Olivia was hysterical if you haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: And they got married in Rhode Island over the weekend and they're all the hydro ranges.
Speaker 1: Like now that.
Speaker 2: If you could, if you could just say, pluck me into that wedding, and all I had to do was show up. I would do that. That wedding was beautiful, congratagize. Yeah, he's a dream and unfortunate he's not talented. And then I met her at the Fox upfront and she couldn't have been sweeter.
Speaker 1: But I wonder what there.
Speaker 2: I wonder what it got us thinking though at the last advocate is on wedding etiquette because their last headline rude or just recording question mark. The internet is heated over wedding guests cell phone faux pause a bride and Ruth walks down the aisle of the video. She can be heard laughing and chastising her guests for folks who were focused on their phones. Put your phones away, she says, uh, come on. So speaking to today, the videographer at the wedding who posted this on Instagram said Ruce had been a chill bride and really just wanted her guest to be relaxed throughout the wedding. But the idea and this is like do you, I don't know, you didn't.
Speaker 1: Have this role. You didn't have a like no cell phone rule at your wedding. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about it, because I always go back to this. At the Master's you can't have your cell phone and everyone is locked in and like focused on the event and like very much present. And I understand, you know, if you have a child or you have to like have your phone by you for emergency purposes. But I kind of like the idea of not having phones during the ceremony so you can like not be doing this. And then I don't know, or like if someone posted a picture or a video of my wedding before I even got to right, you know, we had that because you couldn't. And I'm sure Olivia was in Vogue. I'm a nobody compared to that, but she you don't see any pictures like I follow Greg, I follow some you know, use check and kill, and they didn't post ceremony. It's always like Vogue has to post it first because they got the rights on it, with the dratt and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I believe, I'm not. I haven't been that makes you Vogue, but that kind of was ours.
Speaker 2: Like people was like, hey, if people could, people could refrain from putting it until you did. And I think that's actually a perfect way to say it, like don't post until the people of the yeah ceremony or that are hosting the event do.
Speaker 1: I think that's the proper protocol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some phones cud. There's such a blessing and occurs. It's like you want a document. Even yesterday at Max party, this is me filming everything. Oh oh, I appreciated it because I didn't. I did take it well because you're present at your well, but I'm also worrying about the white wine and my son and like you were so great ouh my god it curse at and final thing goes.
Speaker 1: Put your head up. Clos was taking to get closer?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know well, because I'd love you for to tell me Aaron squatting down by the high chair, for Max playing with his cake, Jared and her taking a picture. But I'm like, what I'm saying is you're not want you don't gonna want to say I love you, so yeah, back, that's you don't need to be nine se talking and Jarrett's let's just work our angles. There is nothing good, friend, There is nothing like angles are everything in a photo. I mean a filter too, but angles have a photo like you worked that things right way. Well I don't know about that, but like I just am really mindful. You never want to be on the end. No, I'm thinking of the Taylor Swift one and that's you were so good because you'll grab a phone and be like, she's gonna hate this, and I'm like, I don't even need to see it because you know what I'm gonna like, don't you don't want to be on the end in the middle, Push that butt back and just give me a little DCC girl. Love you guys, Thank you for listening. Okay, I'm serious. The last thing I'm gonna say. If you've stayed with us this long, then you know that you're the og Calm Down listeners. If you know anyone that's single, or if you are single, please please please dm us.
Speaker 1: I'm we're making this happen. We're met and women, we got you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, We're having a mixer Ryan a Catalina Wine mixer. Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.