Speaker 1: Wow, Oh, Lisa, you made this. That's right, a backyard obstacle course. We've got things to climb, slide down, and jump off.
Speaker 2: He's ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Billy says he's ready, but he sounds a bit nervous. Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today, we're learning about how to turn weakness into strength. Let's see how this obstacle course plays out.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, First things first, the balance beam, Dorry, it's not too high off the ground.
Speaker 5: Elliot's first.
Speaker 2: Here I go, my turn.
Speaker 5: Go for a Cowie.
Speaker 3: I did it?
Speaker 5: Your turn, Billy? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Billy says he thought of a clever way to get across.
Speaker 1: You flew across the balance beam. Well I suppose that's okay. Let's move on to the next obstacle. Ye, all right, everyone. Next up is the climbing wall.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, this looks like a tough one. You can do it, Elliott. Oh, Bry, here I go, I did it? Callie? You're up here?
Speaker 4: I come, yeah, nice one, Callie.
Speaker 2: Billy you go now.
Speaker 4: Billy says he's going to work smarter, not harder.
Speaker 2: Billy, that's great, you flew to the top, but don't you want to try climbing?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: The limbo by everyone underneath? Billy says he's just going to fly around, since that's the easier way. Oh what do you think, lingo kids listeners? Why might Billy be doing what's easiest for him? Do you think he might be afraid?
Speaker 1: All right, well, I guess let's move to the last obstacle.
Speaker 2: We're going to slide down this.
Speaker 3: Hole like Fireford. Here I go, look out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Billy, you're turned. Do you think you want to try and the way we're doing it instead of flying, I'll come Billy.
Speaker 4: Billy says that he knows an easier way to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, it's easier for you, Billy.
Speaker 4: I've noticed something today.
Speaker 1: You're doing everything in a way you already know, and it feels like there's something that's been on your mind.
Speaker 3: Is there anything he wants to talk about?
Speaker 4: Billy says, it's something that's hard to talk about.
Speaker 2: You can take.
Speaker 3: Your time, Billy. Alice's right, there's no rush.
Speaker 4: Billy says he does really want to talk about it, but he doesn't really know the words that will help him. He isn't sure how to describe what he is feeling. Huh, he says he's found the word. He says, he's Oh, Billy, what did he say? He says that he's a cowword?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: Billy?
Speaker 2: Why would you call yourself that? A coward?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 4: It means someone who doesn't have the courage to do something?
Speaker 2: Billy, why do you think you're a coward?
Speaker 4: Billy says that's just what he is. He's scared to do the obstacle course the way you're all doing it. But Billy, that doesn't make you a coward.
Speaker 5: Billy says it does.
Speaker 4: He always tries to find the easiest way to do something.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, but that's because you're a genius.
Speaker 3: Lisa's right, you're such a smart guy.
Speaker 2: You're trying to find solutions that work for you.
Speaker 4: Billy's trying to explain that his solutions are all about facts. He just doesn't know how to deal with solving problems that involve his emotions.
Speaker 3: Well, it's good that you recognize that, Billy.
Speaker 1: Ad absolutely, So, what's the main problem want to solve and maybe we can help.
Speaker 4: Billy says that sometimes he doesn't challenge himself to do new things, and so certain things like this obstacle course really scare him.
Speaker 2: But Billy, we all get scared. Of course, I'm scared of.
Speaker 3: Things that Lisa isn't scared of.
Speaker 4: And certain things scare me that don't scare Elliot.
Speaker 2: But Billy, that doesn't make you a coward, of course not.
Speaker 1: You've already done the most important thing. You admitted you were scared. Do you know how much bravery that takes? Lisu is right, telling people you're scared is one of the hardest things you can do.
Speaker 3: That's right, Elliot. So the question is what did you want to do, Billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have to slide down if you're afraid.
Speaker 4: It's perfectly okay.
Speaker 2: Or we can help you if you want it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need to start from very high up, Miss Paul might be a bit tough to wrap your wings around. Yeah, why don't you start with something smaller.
Speaker 4: That's a great suggestion, Lisa. Remember lingo kids listeners, we don't need to start with a humongous new challenge when we try new things. We can start with a small challenge then work our way up here.
Speaker 2: What about sliding down this rake. Yeah, wanna go, Billy, nice job.
Speaker 4: Do you want to try the next thing?
Speaker 2: But remember you don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Billy says he wants to try more. In fact, he'd like to do the whole obstacle course again.
Speaker 6: Wow, let's do it, Ballan's beam, wimble bar.
Speaker 5: And finally the fireman's pall.
Speaker 2: Yay, Billy.
Speaker 3: Remember you don't have to do it if you're too scared.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make you a coward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're one of the bravest friends I know.
Speaker 4: Billy wants to thank you, and he says that he knows he doesn't have to do it, he just wants to.
Speaker 5: He also says, look out below, Lingo.
Speaker 4: Kids listeners, we learned that even the most confident friends can be scared sometimes, and that's okay. We all have things that frighten us. Admitting when we're scared and asking for help are important ways we can grow. We'll see you next time, Lingo Kids listeners. Some of you liked our miniseries so much that you asked for another mini series, and guess what we listened. Join us this summer for a very special mini series, The Mystery of the missing Torch. We are going to search for clues, travel to a beautiful country ooh la la, meet real athletes and more. Now it's your turn to guess what the new miniseries will be about. Here is one clue for you. Prepare to sweat it out.