Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: A scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 3: What is Up Friends? In Happy Weekend? I am joined by the one and only Lunchbox.
Speaker 1: Is it ever a happy weekend when we got to be here on a Saturday? I don't think so. Six days a week. I usually only get paid for five days a week, so me putting in overtime. I wish I could fill out an overtime slip, but they don't have their that here.
Speaker 3: I don't think you would know how to put in an overtime slip.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't. I have no idea, That's what I'm saying. I wish they had them, though. I wish they had it right by the bathroom and says here's your overtime slip. But nope, I'll just keep grinding, man, grinding for the people.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of things you don't know how to do, FaceTime is one of them.
Speaker 1: What do you mean this, listen? I have no idea what happened.
Speaker 3: So, Lunchbox, I think you might begin his old chops happening here?
Speaker 1: Because no, this isn't an old person thing.
Speaker 3: I think I was on a walk and I'm just enjoying my little walk and I'm getting a FaceTime it's a Saturday or Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: I was definitely a Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: It was a Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: I was like, why is lunchbox facetiving me?
Speaker 3: You never facetimes me if anything, hold text me or call me at the most correct And so I'm getting I open it up, like curious to see what's gonna happen, and I'm in the inside of a pocket and I'm just hearing a whole conversation he's having with one of his kids, and I was like, this is this one of the kids like calling me Hello? Which one is it? Hello? What's going on? And nobody answers, nobody says anything. And I was like, Okay, I'll just hang up. And then two seconds later he does it again.
Speaker 1: I literally hear Morgan talking to me from my pocket, and I don't know how that happens because literally my phone was not out of my pocket. So I was They was like we were at a park, a playground and there was a zip line and I was pushing the kids on the zip line, so I don't really know, like did their foot hit my Like you know what I'm saying, Like I would assume that it's doesn't that mean locked when it's like.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, which means your phone was not locked at the time.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it would not be locked because it was in my pocket, you know what I mean, like if they hit a button or like me pushing them, they kicked the button and it made it go to whatever. But then my question is how did it get to you?
Speaker 3: I don't know, and how did it do it to me? Twice? Like I hung up on you thinking, Okay, if it wasn't about dollan, no big deal, hang up, But to do it again a second time, Yeah, it's a wild and you just pulled the phone out of your pocket, Like what do you doing? What do you need? I'm like, you called me twice?
Speaker 1: I did, I said, what do you need? And I was very surprised that Morgan was facetiming me on a Sunday morning. And it was just weird because I don't know where you would have been in my my contacts or like my retor because.
Speaker 3: It had to be like recent calls.
Speaker 1: But there was win the lutsime I called you six months ago and not called.
Speaker 3: On FaceTime too correct so like it would have called if anything. I don't know. It was just weird.
Speaker 1: It was very strange, and I mean, you're right, and that's the thing about technology. Technology is weird because I didn't touch it, I didn't do anything, and it was still messing with me. And it's like I had to hit you up. I didn't call you, but I wanted to call you. Is I don't understand what Instagram did with their emojis. They used to just have still little smiley faces, and now they don't. They all move.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I told you that you can use the actual emoji keyboard. Still you were trying to use gifts or gifts.
Speaker 1: No, let me see. I'm gonna pull up my Instagram. I'm gonna pull up a picture not post. Gotta go to a story right to use it.
Speaker 3: Because Lunchbox when he poses kids, he always puts emojis over their faces correct protect them.
Speaker 1: So let's just say I have this right now, where do I go?
Speaker 3: You guys are technology lessons more than one on one hit this square thing. The square thing is what you used to do. The little smiling Lunchbox is currently on his story and you would just go as a text now and select an emoji text. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, so go on your keyboard, your emoji keyboard.
Speaker 1: I don't have one on the bottom left.
Speaker 3: See the smiley face. There's your emojis.
Speaker 1: Oh one smile.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox learn, we're happening right now. Okay, so now you have one. Now click out of the keyboard.
Speaker 1: Click out of the keyboard, out of it.
Speaker 3: And put it on the face and you can expand it.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, let's just put that one.
Speaker 3: Did you give it?
Speaker 4: This is what it's like most days, lunch is learning new stuff.
Speaker 1: Here's what's crazy. I even went to TikTok and try to do it just so I could put a smiley face over it, because they had still smiley faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't verg how to download the picture from TikTok. It wouldn't let me do it.
Speaker 3: You have to post thing on TikTok for it to download.
Speaker 1: Got it? That's I mean. I was like, man, this is so annoying.
Speaker 3: Or it saves it with a watermark, which you don't want.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to want to mark.
Speaker 3: And so do you know what a watermark is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says TikTok on it correct it like claims it. I know what a watermark is good? So I had to end up. I put a moving one on there. Yeah, and then I had to do a screenshot of that.
Speaker 3: That works too.
Speaker 1: No, that's three steps too far. Like I just wanted to be simple, and nothing could be simple.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: So I got a question. Now, this is this is deep.
Speaker 4: You don't know if people want to hear our Technoh, I don't.
Speaker 1: Crap what people want. It's not about them, it's about me. Like, so if I put a picture up right, yeah, like, if I'm doing a post and I'm doing multiple pictures right correct, boom boom boom, can I do a smiley face on one of those without going into my story and doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can still also put text on any of those, just how I taught you had Remember when you did your about your kitchen room model and you were adding text to the photos. Yeah, it's just like that. You your keyboard and you do your emoji keyboard.
Speaker 1: But here, so I'm in here. So let's say I want to put a.
Speaker 3: Picture, so I text, see where there's text down there at the bottom text and you type, just like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, you know, I'm gonna confess something right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, confess something.
Speaker 1: I used to have. This is how I do it. I would always go post it like I'm gonna post it in my story, do the artwork or whatever I need to put on the faces, download it, then upload it to a post because I didn't realize you could do it in a post man. Sometimes getting up early on a Saturday pays off. And now I because then I have to download the picture, so then I have that picture that I don't really need on my phone with the smiley face over it. Ah to be young again.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong in that it used to be that way that you hold to do that, but it was about two years ago now, so you're just delayed.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe i've an upgraded my Instagram maybe.
Speaker 3: A year and a half, maybe a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I haven't updated my Instagram yet.
Speaker 4: Hey, your Instagram is updated. When did you do the kitchen remodel post.
Speaker 1: A long time ago?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you know what I did there is I went to story and wrote them out and then downloaded them and then uploaded them.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, I remember.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's tough. That's a that's a tough look.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, though, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was like, I mean, it took me thirty minutes to figure out the smiley fance. I was like, there has to be some still smiley faces, and there wasn't and I waited thirty stupid And this is why, this is why social media is stupid, because it took me thirty minutes. Like it was like I almost gave up because I was like, man, I don't need to do that. It's not that important to me. Like I was just trying to you know, that's.
Speaker 3: How they get you. You know, that's how they're the influencer's influence and then you're.
Speaker 1: Just and then I still need you to show me how to like commentate on a news story, like these people that like have a new story behind him and commentate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's talking about when people green screen something behind me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that blows my mind. I need to know.
Speaker 3: Do you how to do that?
Speaker 1: Well you kind of told me, but I need you to like actually take me step by step so I can learn because I don't know that I'll comment on news stories or whatever, but it sure is fun. It looks cool when people do it. I'm like, oh, that's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Except recently Facebook announced there and I don't know if this version is going to count of that. It might just be when people remix a video and then add their video, but they recently announced that they're going to start pushing those videos away from the algorithm. They're repurposing other people's content. So basically, the only thing that's going to work is your own content, like.
Speaker 1: You got it or got it, got it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if that's included in that. I would assume it is because you're utilizing somebody else's content.
Speaker 1: Well, the only reason is because the only reason I wanted to learn this is because I applied for another job with Fox and it was they were paying someone fifty thousand dollars to sit in a cube in Times Square and watch all the World Cup games. And I was like, uh, hello, you know who would be perfect for that job? And it's got two thumbs this guy, this guy. And so I applied and everything and I had to go to oh link not LinkedIn, linked no, not link tree indeed or something like that, and you had to fill out everything and then you had to submit all this stuff and then you had to do a post and I did it and everything, and I'm like, oh man, I'm a shoe in and they picked these They picked not one, but two dudes. Two dudes, and one of them was better than the other one. I thought. I thought that one was clearly better. But a lot of their videos were like them talking about something on the screen. Yeah, And I was like, well, why is that better than what I you know what I mean? Like, so I was like, oh, here's messy, and they would talk about messy and they would just be a picture of messy or a video of messy.
Speaker 3: So they were actually kind of being commentators kind of, but on social media instead of live during the game.
Speaker 1: Correct. And I was like, well, I could do that, right, And then I was like I will.
Speaker 3: Not do that, so you could do it, but we got it. We got to teach it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're telling me that it's not going to be in the algorithm. So I'm like, but here's the thing. This is. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I haven't seen one post about them, like since they got the job, like I thought I would see it all over the place.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's on a different platform. It's possible it's on Snatch. Maybe it's on TikTok or TikTok.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I go to Fox Soccer, Let's see if they have I.
Speaker 3: Do want to talk to you about soccer, because.
Speaker 1: Look, Fox Soccer, and they don't have one post of these guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it may not be for Instagram specifically.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they'll do that where they're employing you for a particular platform or a particular reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, and let me go to TikTok or.
Speaker 3: Maybe they use it at a different point. But I do want to talk to you about soccer.
Speaker 1: Oh and that was you and your dude. I don't know how how do I search on TikTok?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Okay, we're gonna be here a while. We'll come back to that. We'll check. Nope, you kind of put that away. I'm trying, no sound, no copyright.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 3: I tried to watch a soccer game the other night.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's you try to watch?
Speaker 4: So I don't even know they were white and red?
Speaker 1: Well that doesn't help me, okay, but it's not really.
Speaker 3: It's not really in the teams that matter.
Speaker 1: No, it does, okay, because maybe you watch two terrible teams, so it's boring.
Speaker 3: It was really boring.
Speaker 1: You just don't understand it.
Speaker 3: That's true. I don't understand it, but I was very bored.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how they are taking that ball right? And they are doing some of the most amazing things you've ever seen in such a small area where there are so many people around them. Or they take a pass and they rip it fifty yards across the field and the dude just boop nice and easy with his chess brings it right to his feet. Do you know how hard that is to do?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't doubt that. It is not hard.
Speaker 1: It is so exciting.
Speaker 3: They're very skilled. But it's football, but with feet.
Speaker 1: It was invented way before ball.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying like those two are the same now that I've watched them. Like soccer is with your feet, football is with your hands, and the purpose is scoring a goal.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I mean, and.
Speaker 3: That was all I could think of when I was watching it. And football also makes me bored.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how you're I mean.
Speaker 3: And see, I knew you'd have thoughts on this. It's also way too long. Games are really really long.
Speaker 1: They're ninety minutes. They're shorter than baseball games, football games, basketball they're short. The shortest game of any game you'll ever watch.
Speaker 4: I do think a lot of games are long.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what do you want? Ten minutes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me like fifteen, give me a little like Burt in there, No or thirty minutes. They just feel like they go on forever and they don't take a lot of breaks.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point. It's NonStop action. That's what's so good about it.
Speaker 3: But there's not a lot of action.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you mean there's not action?
Speaker 4: I mean they're just running around kicking a ball.
Speaker 1: It's wall to wall to end to end. Every play is intense.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, whatever I watching it was not intense.
Speaker 1: No, you just won't see and that's okay. Not everybody's gonna get it. You don't understand how intense it is. I mean it is so intense. The World Cup has been fantastic.
Speaker 3: Have you watched every single game?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, I'm not getting paid fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh you wouldn't. Who are you watching? Are there particular to you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Whenever I'm around and I have time, I watch you put it on. Yeah, I just love any of it.
Speaker 3: I got Well, you specifically watch the USA game.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, no, I don't miss those. Those are those are unmissible? Okay, the kids get ready, they watch it, they love it. When they played their second game against Australia or whatever, we had friends over and watch the game.
Speaker 3: Watch party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little watch party, just because man, they're good.
Speaker 4: I saw that they were about to play Turkey.
Speaker 1: Well they played Turkey on Thursday, but you were already asleep.
Speaker 3: Oh dang, I miss that.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, so now next they'll play in the knockout round. Now it's winner go home in these next games. There is no ties anymore. It is we have a winner and we have a loser, and someone's World Cup dream is gonna come to an end at the end of every game.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 3: I don't get that either. Why do they allow ties?
Speaker 1: Okay, So the beginning is pool play. It's just like a tournament. Like in softball. If you're in a tournament, you usually have four teams in your bracket, in your little little group, and you play all three of them, and then the top two teams from that group move into the single elimination bracket.
Speaker 3: I get that, but I don't understand the tying thing. So in these what if they all just tie all the time?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a great point. It So for a win, you get three points, for a tie, you get one point, and that's how you determine who moves on, who has the most points.
Speaker 3: Okay, See, you want to win, you want to win, but a tie is like second best at the second best.
Speaker 1: And also if they played to find a winner every game, those you would be exhalted, like you have to at some point realize the exhaustion level of because you're only allowed five subs, which I think you should be allowed more subs, but that's just me. I'm old. And because it makes it more exciting, because more team if you're a conserving energy because you can't sub anymore, Yeah, you're not really trying to score, you're more I'm gonna conserve my energy and just pass the ball around. If you could sub in and out, you know, like take a fifteen minute break, come back in, I think it'd be a lot more action. Well, no, there's action already. No, there's more. There's action already. But teams wouldn't be okay with a tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird to me. There's not a lot of sports that happens. I think hockey's the other one where they can tie.
Speaker 1: No, hockey can't tie. They go they not even they go to a shootout.
Speaker 3: Did they used to tie?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, football you can tie?
Speaker 3: Really yeah?
Speaker 1: How about them apples?
Speaker 3: I just don't. I mean, listen again. You know, I'm not a big sports girl. I'll play sports all day, but watching is just not my thing. So tying just doesn't make sense to me. You always wanted to wind, and if you end on a tie after such an intense plane, I feel like you just be devastated that that's all that came out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sometimes you're really happy, like when you're Cape Verde and you're playing Spain, who's one of the best teams in the world, and Cape Verde, who's ever even heard of it, and you tie them. Guess what, you're over the moon.
Speaker 3: So does it, I guess create the potential for a team who's not super great to do better.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it levels the playing field.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like the other night, the Republic of South Africa, okay.
Speaker 3: Which super cool that they're playing in.
Speaker 1: It exactly they beat South Korea.
Speaker 3: See of that stuff is really cool.
Speaker 1: That's huge upset, like that's unbelievable. That shouldn't happen.
Speaker 3: And is it because of that level playing field that happens, or like, is it then unfair if somebody is the best in the world and they had a bad game and now all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: That's why it's great, Okay, that's why every day, every every day gives someone a chance. That's why it's great. You have these great stories like Haiti. I mean, I don't even know. I couldn't even explain Haiti, Like it a soccer team, but they went toe to toe with Morocco, who's one of the better teams in the World Cup. Like Morocco is picked to make a deep run into the you know, World Cup, and Haiti had them on the ropes. They ended up losing, but they scored a couple of goals. I mean, it's just.
Speaker 3: Cool, very cool, so cool, Like.
Speaker 1: Was it Conga or Dry I don't even know what they're called. I forget the team, but they're not supposed to be any good and they're freaking moving I mean, it's just like you get these teams, you're like, how are they moving on? They have twelve people in their country and like what they play soccer and they do it. It's so that's why it's great.
Speaker 3: Okay, it is fair. It is cool to see all the countries come together and there's all these different That is the cool part to me.
Speaker 1: Tell me you haven't been enamored and enamored with the different videos of the fans from other countries coming to America in Mexico and Canada and just taking over places.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I see Norway A lot of Norway fans in New York.
Speaker 1: City in Times Square, right.
Speaker 3: That is something that I do really appreciate about soccer is that it brings a bunch of cultures together and introduces all these different worlds.
Speaker 1: But the Scotland people, they made Boston run out of beer. I love it, Like, do you understand how incredible that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love it.
Speaker 1: And here's the cool part. They do it peacefully. Isn't it amazing? How you don't hear stories about them going out and fighting everyone. They get hammered and they are the friendliest people in the world. Then they went to Miami is where they were playing next, and I think it was Miller Lite was like, oh man, we don't want them to run out of beer. So they sent a Miller light boat. That's amazing, okay, and a bunch of Scotland fans went out on the water on the you know, the Scotland the boat and they saw some dude out for a run and they threw him a beer. Dude chugged it and then he kept on running. I mean, it's just like that is the cool stuff, like and the chance and everybody's going crazy and the Netherlands marching to the stadium and there's just so many orange I mean, it's it's great. The world comes awesome.
Speaker 3: That I will say. I think the fans side, the culture side, is really cool of soccer that I don't think a lot of other sports really have. They don't And that part's fun as a person who is a fan and.
Speaker 1: See other sports. What it is. It's American sports against American sports, and when they fight each other, it's like, guys, yeah, can't we do this? This is more fun.
Speaker 3: It is true if you could join any other country on soccer.
Speaker 1: Oh oh mmm, man, I mean Scotland's not that good, but those people look like a lot of fun. Yeah, they look a lot and so of the Netherlands. The Netherlands people look awesome. I mean, so one of those two, I don't know. I mean, Norway looks cool. I mean they all looked cool, I know. But I've been to Scotland and I thought the people were super nice when I was there, and they don't have fun, So I think I'd do Scotland.
Speaker 3: But they're not gonna win. So well, you say, but you say that, but it's a level.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna win.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would never pick anybody besides the USA. Okay, yeah, I would never never USA, USA all the way.
Speaker 8: But like in the USA, Argentina. Why so he's so good, I'm confused by that. He was playing on a USA team, Okay, but now he's not playing because he's not from here, all right.
Speaker 1: So he plays in Major League Soccer, which is a league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that.
Speaker 1: Is in different cities in the United States and Canada. Okay, Okay, Then when it comes time for big tournaments like this, when it's country versus country, he goes back in place for his country of Argentina.
Speaker 3: Got it? Yes, because is it better for him, I assumed to be playing in the Major League Soccer versus whatever's over in Argentina.
Speaker 1: Yes, Argentina doesn't have great soccer, but he was playing over in Europe. That's where the really good soccer is. Yeah, but you have to understand that he's been doing it for so long and the pressure of doing that and being the best since you're sixteen seventeen years old. He won a World Cup. So he comes to the US and he is still freaking amazing, and he makes a buttload of money and he gets to have a lot less pressure because the United States soccer culture is not as crazy as over there. Dude, he could still play over in Europe, no problem.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that. So he's played for his country, he's played for Europe, and he's played for America.
Speaker 1: Well, he hadn't played for America. He's played in America.
Speaker 3: Sorry, in America. Just that he's played in all these everywhere capacities. Is that common? I feel like they are typically pretty young when they retire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on the older side of a soccer player. And here's that. Usually you want to it used to be you want to play in Europe. That was okay, I gotta go play over there. I gotta play because.
Speaker 3: That's the best of the best. When it comes to soccer.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. Okay, you know, and then they're like, ah, you know, maybe I want to And some of these superstars like Messi Beckham at the end of their careers came over and played to MLS because they say MLS is not as good. But MLS has gained traction. They're not. Are they the best league in the world, No, absolutely not. Are they close to the premier League? Absolutely not. But do they have players that have been starting to Okay, you're moving to a premier league because they come and get them and they've developed some.
Speaker 3: Yes, so is major League Soccer.
Speaker 1: People are going to hate this one. What we've talked soccer the whole time.
Speaker 3: Well, no, the World Cup. I don't even watch soccer, and I'm curious about what's going on in the World Cup. I'm gonna watch it, but I want to know what's going on. Okay, and this is my last question, and we got to go answer questions.
Speaker 1: But but you just said there's your last question. But then we're going to answer questions listener questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, major League soccer is that to Premier League like AA is to Major League Baseball?
Speaker 1: Uh, you mean double A or double A yes, like AA alcoholism, you're going to AA and then to major League No No, No.
Speaker 3: Like minor league to major League.
Speaker 1: No no, because like a double A team would just get absolutely schlacked by a Major League Baseball team. And I think the Premier League teams would beat MLS. But also I think MLS teams, could you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They compete. Yeah, so it's probably a step above that. Yeah, but their premier league is their major league, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: And bund League and La Liga for Mexican you know, they have all different leagues that and then yeah, that's just I mean, that's the easiest way to put it. I don't want to get too down in the dirt because people will be like, what what the hell what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I needed to know at least the basics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like when you're a kid, I mean me, I didn't have any drink because there was no professional soccer when I was a kid here. Yeah, and I didn't really any and without internet, I didn't really know the Premier League. So and my parents didn't know what soccer was. So it wasn't like they you know, some kids they knew what the Premier League was because their parents are from over there or they somehow knew, but I didn't know anything about it. And then MLS came like in the nineties at some point, and it was just barely barely anything.
Speaker 3: It's really skyrocket in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it's really you know, it's taken off.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right now I'm falling. Thank you for the lesson in soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we did so so far, we've done Instagram lessons, soccer lessons. Welcome to the School of the best bits.
Speaker 3: You're getting old FaceTime.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not and that was not me. Okay, ah, you guys have a great day.
Speaker 3: We're not taking no, we're taking break.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought we were going home.
Speaker 3: We're going to answer questions. We'll bear back.
Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: It's listener Q and Daytime with.
Speaker 1: Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time some listeners sending questions. We got shout outs to start the One and Only Lunchbox. One of the funniest people in the world, Jake in Virginia.
Speaker 1: Jake and Virginia smart dude, thank you for sure your account.
Speaker 3: Did you write that I.
Speaker 1: Don't have a burner's account.
Speaker 3: Burner not burners.
Speaker 1: That would be I could have burners, and I don't have them, So that means I don't have.
Speaker 3: Any all right, Love Lunchbox best bits beegind that's from Kathy and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Kathy and Pittsburgh, what up?
Speaker 3: And Julie from Pennsylvania. I said, wait, I thought he wasn't doing these anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made exception of the rule.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here's our questions. Does Lunchbox's parents keep their finances separate too? Amanda in Indiana?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. You think I know about my parents' finances.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little bit as you got older.
Speaker 4: Most of the time you go to your parents for financial advice.
Speaker 1: Uh no, that's the thing I couldn't. There's no financial advice. My parents don't have any money. They never had any money, so what they don't know anything about finances either. They literally had nothing.
Speaker 3: Like so you weren't curious when you got married, like, hey, what'd you guys do? What should we do? How to?
Speaker 1: They couldn't do anything. They did any money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like, did they join finances? Did they decide to separate at some point?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, never asked them anything about finances, because I asked my dad one time. He's like, you think I know anything about money, I don't have any money. You and your mom and me had money. We didn't have any money, so it didn't matter. There was nothing to do with me because we didn't have anything. We didn't have any money.
Speaker 3: So you're you were really learning finances on your own, which might be part of.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I don't know anything about finances. I know nothing, Okay, Like I should like read something about them, but I don't even know what to read.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know where to send you to start on that. But that's where most people would say, that's where you get a financial advisor to coach you and teach them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, here's here's my problem with financial advisor. Right, Okay, so they make you an extra ten thousand dollars a year, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm depending on what you give them.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to pay them four thousand of that. So are you really even coming out I mean, or how much do you pay them? Fifty? You know what I'm saying, Like, I just see too many stories of like these professional athletes getting from financial advisors, and then those financial advisors take their name of money.
Speaker 3: So uh, sorry, are you a professional athlete you think they take your money?
Speaker 1: But what difference.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying following them.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, they trust these financial advisors and they lose two million dollars or ten million dollars, and it's like, ummm, yeah, I think I worked pretty hard for this money. Don't think I'm just gonna hand it over to you old bill from accounting.
Speaker 3: That's true, And I don't know how much they make. I don't know if it's ten fifty percent. I have no idea. I definitely think it depends on the financial advisor. But I also think, yeah, if you wanted to do your own research, I'm sure if you at least check people's credentials before you just blindly follow on them.
Speaker 1: Oh I think I think these athletes probably check their credentials too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. True, But I'm saying I'm saying for you now you could probably find some online. And what I'm saying is you just need to make sure you're checking their credentials trusting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Internet, they're real trustworthy out there on the internet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a lot of people online that are doing financial advice that aren't actual finance.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, TikTok. Yeah, if you've listen to those people, you guys are idiots.
Speaker 3: But there's people on there, just like there are doctors and nurses on there that are sharing their information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It feels weird.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're going to get the kind of information you would really make a lot of money on, but at least it would kickstart you to learn more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love for someone to financially advise me. But it's weird. That's a weird.
Speaker 3: You're just a little distrusting. Yeah, And I get it. I'm distrusting too of people of getting taken advantage of, of people taking things that they shouldn't. I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like when people say stuff like, oh, do you have this, I'm like, I don't know what that is. I have no idea. My parents don't have that. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Like, you could also there's ways that you could start other accounts without having a financial advisor. There's different CDs and interest accounts that you could just put money in then make money and you don't need somebody. But then the bank.
Speaker 1: But is that a good idea? Like that's what I'm saying, Like, oh, come get a CD. That's a thing, right, Yeah, c is the thing.
Speaker 3: It just depends on yoursel.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, is that smart?
Speaker 3: They can be, But it also depends on how much liquid money you need money all the time and how much money you're okay, Like CDs will typically keep the money for an extended period of time, and banks, if you put it in an interest account, they'll take it and they'll go invest in stocks and stuff. So it just depends if you can let the money set aside and do some work for a while, or if you need it all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, I understand what you're saying. Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Don't know that that is a way to do it without having somebody else technically involved in the way that you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Oh, I understand, Like I get it. There's ways, Yeah, there's ways. There's ways. Like it's like, oh, I'm gonna learn about money, but where do you even start, Like what's the like is it like, what's the basic starting point? What what you know what I mean? Like you could pick up a book, but maybe that's way too advanced and you're not supposed to be you know at that point.
Speaker 3: So it is true. I mean, my fiance and I talk about this because he's he's much like you. His parents haven't really taught him much about finances or anything like that. But my parents taught me because my dad taught himself.
Speaker 1: Now, I got a question. Are there like college classes where you go and learn how to make money?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: You could, for sure, you can take financial classes.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll go back to school.
Speaker 3: That's your three credits.
Speaker 1: Financials for dummies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you get your credits and you can get your plug, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like how they have those dummies books? Do they have financial making for dummies?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know how trustworthy or believable they are.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. Like everybody says something different. No one has a universal way that what is the right way?
Speaker 3: So yeah, but there's also no universal way to make money, as you've seen. I know that, So there's no universal way. It all works for whatever your situation is. But yeah, starting reading books is a starting place. You love reading books.
Speaker 1: But I don't know where. Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like I don't know which you have a.
Speaker 3: Few money books really read. Yeah. Well I've also had like financial people come on my podcast to talk oh man, see and everybody everybody does have a.
Speaker 1: Different, different variation different That's why you have.
Speaker 3: To figure out what works for you and like your set up, because you really need somebody who understands having kids.
Speaker 1: And like Dave Ramsey, he's really smart. But also I listen to his advice and I'm like, so you just want me to like it sounds just bananas, just sit in your house and do nothing.
Speaker 3: He's very aggressive with how he wants you to. He's much more on the front end for the bigger picture. And you have people who are much more live your life while also saving a little bit and doing you have. Everybody go about different things based on what you and that's where it goes back to if you find a financial advisor that understands your position, then they can help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like I even think my buddy that I grew up.
Speaker 3: With, Yeah, you got a buddy. You have the weirdest phone numbers in your phone of like your entire life.
Speaker 1: Why why is that weird?
Speaker 3: I have him too, But I think about all the phone numbers I have in my phone, and I don't talk to half of them anymore because I don't even know who they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, so my buddy DJ Allen, Yeah I grew up with I guess he's a financial advisor.
Speaker 3: Why do you talk to him?
Speaker 1: Do you know how weird it would be to go to your friend since you were little kids and be like, hey, bro, take a look at my money. Uh what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's somebody you trust that you know.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's like whoa man?
Speaker 3: And it's scary, but it is somebody you know, so there might be a little bit more invested in you and hoping that you succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's a little weird though. Man. Then he's like, oh, here, you have this much money? You have?
Speaker 3: I thought I was pretty distrusting, but I think you win.
Speaker 1: Well when it comes to money. I ain't trying to get my money away. I am the most frugal individual. I feel that I'm pretty sure and I ain't trying to give anybody my money.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it like I was wearing it.
Speaker 3: But you got to make more money. You gotta make your money work for you.
Speaker 1: I agree. It needs to work. Work, work, work, That's like I was wearing some Nighthawks shirt the other day. I was playing golf, yes, and the guy's like, oh, one of the Nighthawks. Man. I was like, I don't know. It's a free shirt and he goes oh. I was like, yeah, I was in North Dakota and someone gave that to me. And he goes, oh, okay, And I said I'm cheap. He goes, no, You're frugal.
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 7: You are?
Speaker 3: I get it. It's a good thing to be, especially in this economy. Okay, I mean I can't. Yeah, anyways, does your wife have a job to pay for her half of everything? People are really invested in your finances, man.
Speaker 1: People want to be all up in my money. And why everybody wants to know about see, That's what I mean. This is why I'm so weird about money. Everybody wants to know about your dang money. Like money is everybody is a topic of conversation, Like I do not understand, But I mean I want to know about people's money too.
Speaker 3: You ask when people come in knowing how much money you make?
Speaker 1: Right, you ask the same thing Like I drive by places and I'm just like, what the heck do they do for a living.
Speaker 3: Oh those big houses, big fancy houses. Yeah, Like, where'd you come from with that wealth you had?
Speaker 1: Or did you make that? I'm like, is that from your parents? Or is that like did you do something that you like, invent a freaking water bottle that went like crazy and now it sells a million pieces every time? Yeah, you know, I have no idea, Like, it's just very I'm telling you. Isn't it weird how everybody says, Oh, money's not important, But you know what, everybody cares about your money. They want to know about your money, and your neighbor's money and their money down the street, and his money and her money. Everybody cares about money. But everybody says, ah, who cares about money? But then all you want to talk about is man, look at all that money. It's wild, isn't it. It's wild?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's definitely culture here too, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think you go other places and it's not as much a topic of realization on where you go. Yeah, you have a lot of people who would rather nap and sit by the water all day and go fishing and hang out and they don't care.
Speaker 1: Now, I feel like there's some people like that here, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's definitely more of it. We have a very fast paced drive culture like succeed succeed succeed culture, which is not a bad thing, but it's definitely a culture here. Yeah, it's really weird, but he's going to Scotland.
Speaker 1: They didn't care about money exactly. They were chill. I'm gonna tell you that place was awesome.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You go to other places in the world and it's just not I think it's really here. Are you too?
Speaker 1: No, I had a burp when I was trying to keep it in.
Speaker 3: My god, I.
Speaker 1: Thought I was gonna burp out loud, okay, and now he was yawning, and so I was like, oh, I try to hold it in, Try to hold it in. And I held it in. I was like, all right, good. And then you try to say I was choking. I was like, no, I'm just trying not to burp on the You know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's going to answer that question, So we'll go to the next one. We'll lunchbox be okay with fans referring to him as Daniel on the cruise next year. What is your preference?
Speaker 1: No, you will you will be banned. I will not talk to you if you say that. That's it.
Speaker 3: I do really feel like if you approach him on the cruise and say that, he'll just look at you and walk away.
Speaker 1: I'll ignore you, Like I really like that's gonna happen. Yeah, if you want to play games, play games.
Speaker 3: You've been warned. Yeah, what is the most valuable lesson you want your kids to learn from you? That's from Mike.
Speaker 1: Oh, the most valuable lesson?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Have fun? That's it. Everything should be fun, Like, don't stress, Like that's the number one thing in the world. Is just having mymuch fun as you can. Because you only get a certain amount of years, a certain amount of time, and if you ain't having fun, then you're doing something wrong. You're you're worrying about the wrong stuff. Because when you're hopefully you're, you know, one hundred and sixty years old, and you're getting older, and you know, are people are gonna be like, oh, you know, are you glad you worked more? Are they gonna be like, man, aren't you glad you had so much more fun?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Fun is the number one most important thing in the world. That's it. That's all I care about. That's all I want them to do.
Speaker 4: Based on you, we should all go to Scotland.
Speaker 1: Then those people are awesome. They're so cool, man, They're so freaking nice. It was so and it was so beautiful. Like here's the thing. Growing up, I never even realized you could go over to those places. I got no idea, no idea, And now that I've been a couple of times, like that was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's crazy what exists outside of our world?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are our world? Meaning like we live here in the States, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what's crazy is so we flew to London and I still can't get over this. It's almost been a year. It was cheaper to fly to London than it is to fly to Austin, Texas, I believe. How is that explain it to me?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean nothing about flight prices, especially now flight prices have become kind of monopoly with all of the different ones than the small ones now no longer existing, which sucks. But I don't know, I have no idea. Nothing about it makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: But how can they price it where you're flying over an ocean and you pay four hundred and fifty dollars and you fly to Austin, You're gonna pay a thousand dollars. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I guess it's inflation based on where most people are going. Maybe most people weren't going to London and more people were flying to Austin, so they think it's more of a they can get more of a jacked up price out of it at that particular moment.
Speaker 1: For some reason, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: It is weird, but it is. It's crazy. Like if you, if you really think about people are like, well, it's cheaper to do stuff here in the States, and that's not always a case if you can actually like, there's a there's an Instagram here in Nashville. It's being a cheap flights and she posts cheap flights everywhere all the time. Really yeah, and it is the coolest thing to think that you would go to Japan for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Wild. But you do have to be a little bit of a like to go up and do things, which I get.
Speaker 1: But now I will say that like that is that's just wild to me. It's just like because everybody's like, oh my god, I had to be so expensive it was four hundred and fifty dollars like that is so wild.
Speaker 3: It is. If you can plan it out and you can be watching flights a stuff, it can be cheap. I get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good lesson. I like that one though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great lesson.
Speaker 3: When the heck will you get a car for yourself? It is a different mic from Michigan.
Speaker 1: Oh mic from Michigan. Man, I respect, I'm hoping for one of these Giving Tuesdays that I'm gonna get a car, like I think. I think that's what the build up is. I think Bobby is working towards that, Like he's doing all this for other people, and then he's gonna drop that that bomb on us and it's gonna be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: What if the bomb never gets dropped?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean no, as long as Giving Tuesday is, there's hope.
Speaker 4: Oh you think it's gonna happen on one of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the last Giving Tuesday is like I didn't check my DMS, you know what I mean. There's someone that's been sitting in this room that really needs something and then boom gets me.
Speaker 3: You really think that's what's gonna happen Yeah, you're a little delulu. I like that for you. But yeah, I don't think that's what's gonna happen. When it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no backup plans.
Speaker 1: No, no backup plan. I don't really thought about that. I haven't really thought about that. I started once this given Tuesday, I started going jumping on that, like, oh, that sounds kind of cool. Is what we're doing now?
Speaker 3: Well, you might have to be a little nicer for giving Tuesday if you would like to get something out of giving Tuesday.
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily. It doesn't seem to be. It seems to be like, if you want just luxury goods, you can ask for it and then he gives it to you.
Speaker 3: What if he bought you something from Facebook marketplace for like a grand Mmm?
Speaker 1: Man, if it works.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just seeing where the line is here your imagination. Oh you a brand new free car?
Speaker 1: Yeah I see, I see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well I hope for your sake that happened. But I do think you should also come up with the backup plan. Okay, just protect yourself.
Speaker 4: There, all right, We're gonna take one more break back. Yeah, that was all the questions. That was that was the questions.
Speaker 3: But we're going on.
Speaker 1: There was there was a question you didn't get to.
Speaker 3: I know, you wrote in a question for yourself from your not burnary account and it was like, isn't he the best?
Speaker 1: Why is he so awesome?
Speaker 3: And you called yourself Jim from Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim from Jersey. It's just called genetics. Man. Thanks Jim for writing in. I really appreciate it. Just born this way natural and my parents did a great job raising me because they are the all stars and they're like, dude, you are great, and I'm like, you're great. Now go you're great, and it's like, I just great.
Speaker 3: So is Jim another one in your al three ghos.
Speaker 1: Nah just wanted to have that alliteration right there. I hope to meet Jim from Jersey one day. Jim, thanks for being a big fan man. Stuff being so awesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, now we're going to take a break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: It's the best of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: She's breaking down the top segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going through the top three segments from the show this week, And speaking of Giving Tuesday, it's coming in at the number three spot. Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Something funny is happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, and the number three spot is Giving Tuesday. Do you have any number three?
Speaker 1: That's the third best thing we did this week? Yeah, you go, oh my god, no, I have got no comment, no comment, But you.
Speaker 3: Just wanted a car and you're talking about Giving Tuesday and you don't want to comment on it.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. Reads people don't love it?
Speaker 3: Why that's a jump? Okay, well, why what do you feel that way?
Speaker 1: I think people hate it. I think they're like, all right, cool, you know someone else gets to go to camp. Oooh yeah, guess what. I never went to camp? Like, why are we just sending all these people to camp? It's cool?
Speaker 3: Is it? The little green monster? You got going on?
Speaker 1: What green monster?
Speaker 3: The little jealous monster? You've never heard of? The green monster?
Speaker 1: No I have. That's in fit way?
Speaker 3: That is one green monster?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no, there's no jealousy whatsoever. It's just it's do you Maybe I don't explain it well enough, maybe I don't explain it on enough, But do you guys understand when I say what I'm saying. Do you guys understand my point?
Speaker 3: Are you talking to me? Are you talking to the listeners?
Speaker 1: To everybody? Like? Do I not make sense when I say listen? If someone needs help with medical bills, keeping their lights on, you know, a repair on their car because they can't get to work totally, okay, whatever body wants to help. But when a family is going to Disney World, right and then they also want to go to Nintendo World, but they can't afford Nintendo World, what are we doing? Do you want? Do you understand what I'm saying? Is like? Hear you, like, okay, maybe you're not meant to go to Nintendo World. You're already going to Disney World, so sorry, you don't have the extra five thousand to go to Nintendo World.
Speaker 2: Like what I hear you?
Speaker 3: And I think there's some validity in what you're saying. But also with where we're at right now, I think people just need a little bit of extra joy, and sometimes that extra joy is coming from those.
Speaker 1: Things, but Disney World should to provide that joy. If you don't get enough joy out of going to Disney World, then you need to, you know, go to a doctor. Here, you a Nintendo World ain't gonna change your life.
Speaker 3: But some people would love to say, Okay, you'd love to supply your kids going to the World Cup, right insane amount of money?
Speaker 1: Say you have it, but did I do it? Know why? You know why? You know why? Because it's too expensive.
Speaker 3: You didn't. But if you could, like say you had fifteen thousand dollars to do it, but you need an extra three thousand that you just don't have. But you're like, oh and I can't do it, you're right, But if somebody was willing to pay for that, But that's not And somebody was willing to pay for it, but that's.
Speaker 1: Not what it's would you go? That is not That is not how it's supposed to be. Like that's when I'm saying like, oh, man, like, hey, you don't have it, that means we can't go. If you really want something, to go work for it?
Speaker 3: Not interesting, I hear you. But also right now.
Speaker 1: New basketball shoes, like get out of here, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 4: You say, go work for it?
Speaker 3: But working for everything just keeps you more and more expensive, right like you used to be going to Disney was twenty five dollars a day. Now it's one hundred and seventy five dollars a day per person. Things are crazy, and so it's made things not accessible to other people. And so I think if there's an opportunity that somebody's willing to help with something like that, then it helps, you know, and that's it. That's an advantage. But I get the validity of your point. I don't think it's not valid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, oh, my son, both can be My son is twelve, he wants one hundred and sixty dollars pair of shoes for basketball. I'll tell your son, he's an idiot, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: I hear you. But I think both can be true in this current state of the economy that we're in right now, both are true.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like, you got to teach your kid that you don't need one hundred and sixty dollars pair of shoes to play basketball. So my dad did trust to me. I was like, oh my god, I need Jordan's and he's like, okay, yeah right, And guess what. I still this day have never had a pair of Jordan's. So and I'll never buy a pair of Jordans because that's just it. Now I realize how crazy it is there.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, you get to feel how you feel.
Speaker 1: All right on.
Speaker 3: Both are true, but we got to play this bit. So here we go.
Speaker 1: Number three.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to Jana in Mississippi. Who's on the phone right now? Jana, Hello, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Nothing, just driving about to do some DoorDash.
Speaker 2: Well that's all. Well what are you delivering right now?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: From what restaurant?
Speaker 7: Oh? Well, now I haven't turned it on yet. I want to get to the right spot first.
Speaker 2: Where do you live in Mississippi?
Speaker 7: I live in central Mississippi, so it's hard to say in Jackson.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is there like a central place in Jackson that you go to and then turn it on and know that you're pretty close to all the restaurants?
Speaker 7: Yes, like North Jackson where those you know, Chili's and apple Bee's.
Speaker 2: And then if you get to the restaurant and they're slow, does that irritate you because you know the person at home waiting thinks that you're the slow one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but thankfully, Bordiaes, let's you give them a reason why enterating, so you can tell them, like Hey, it's because it wasn't started until I got there or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, and do you ever take a little snack for yourself?
Speaker 7: I usually end up buying me something with some of the money I made on the door.
Speaker 2: Good answer, that's pretty funny. That's pretty funny. Well what can I do for you, Jana?
Speaker 7: I was calling about this Tuesday given thing I know that I don't live in often. I usually have to listen to the podcast and last time you said you weren't sure if you were still gonna do it, and I just wanted to encourage you to not let meanis you know, bring it down?
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I'll say. I appreciate the call, and so later on I'll talk about I don't know this, maybe the last week. I don't know of giving Tuesday. But when I go into my DMS and I look for people to help, now there's equally as many people yelling at me because I haven't helped them yet. And so what's turned into a place for me to go to kill the negativity? Because my dms were a place I didn't like to go because it was so negative. I thought, what if I can just create cultivate this place of my dms where people would be like, hey, I could use a little help, then I can help them, and then we'd all benefit. But now a lot of the messages are from people that I didn't see their message at the last time, and so now they're calling me named because they didn't help them. So now it is created. Maybe it's even more negative there was before I started weird, which is kind of a buzzar thing. So I'm gonna do some more coming up. I got a few more now. I really got to have I come to Jesus with myself because it's worth it. Let me work it. I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it. Yes, so I'll share them in just a second. But I really appreciate you calling Jana.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and you say keep going.
Speaker 7: Yes, keep I think you should keep going. Definitely, it's like a really cool thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope, I hope you have an awesome day, and I hope you get one hundred orders and they're all ready as soon as you get there.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, by it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right, coming in number two spot Abby saw Taylor Swift. What Yeah, Hey, these are all based on numbers online, so you gotta you gotta throw a fit with the listeners.
Speaker 1: She saw it for one song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was a huge deal all over social media, everything about her showing.
Speaker 1: James that I played soccer with went and saw Taylor Swift. I mean he paid fifty dollars for a ticket, like it ain't like it?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's pretty cool. Did James have a good time?
Speaker 1: Sounds great? Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, Like, all right.
Speaker 3: Hey, Taylor's went popping up at a concert that you weren't initially expecting. It's pretty cool. Okay, all right, that's the biggest pop star in the world, and she shows up in Nashville first show and people left it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's obvious she's going to be there.
Speaker 3: Her dude is there, not necessarily. Her dude's been in a lot of other places. She hasn't showed up where he does a lot of those, he does a lot of live podcasts. He's showing up all over the place, and she's had different stuff. She's got stuff going on too.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, yeah, it's not your thoughts going.
Speaker 3: I mean, wow, Okay, we're gonna play this bit number two.
Speaker 2: Abby saw Taylor Swift last night, which I saw her Instagram story. That's how I knew Taylor Swift was in town. Was Abby at the concert? How'd you get to the concert?
Speaker 3: That was crazy?
Speaker 9: Well, my friend she texted me yesterday She's like, you want to go to this with me? Because it was like the tight Ends and friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in Nashville there's basically three tight Ends that started it. George Kittle plays for the Titans, forty nine ers okay, Travis Kelcey plays for the Chiefs. Correct. Greg Olsen played for the Titans. No, that's good, go Titans twice. Yeah. Panthers Panthers, and they basically started it was really small, a little camp where all the tight ends college and NFL they get invited to come here to Nashville and so now it's turned into not just them working out but music and fun. So do you have to buy tickets? Where was the show?
Speaker 9: So it was at the Pinnacle, which is right down from us. But no, she was put on the list. Her cousin like works for the production company.
Speaker 2: So you get there, put it on who performs?
Speaker 9: Oh man, it was like Nate Smith, Dan and Shay Mitchell, Tenpenny John.
Speaker 2: Party, just people hopping out doing a couple songs. Yeah, m so did everybody thought Taylor would show up, right because she did last year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And like people throughout the night were like, hey, who's the swiftie in here? So like they were throwing hints at it.
Speaker 2: Who was people from the stage, Oh okay.
Speaker 9: And I was like, okay, well that's weird, but yeah, she Well, Laney was the last one that came out and sang because oh my gosh, why am I drawing a blank? Kane Brown he was gonna come, but he got hit by a golf ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see his ear? He got wrecked. He got hit by a golf ball. And Taylor came out last year when Kane was performing, and then Kane posted an Instagram story yesterday and he's like I thought I was dead and a golf ball nailed him in the side of the head and like tore up his ear. No way, so he didn't perform.
Speaker 9: So Laney was the final app Laney came out, she did a few of her songs and then she was like, I want to bring out a special friend of mine.
Speaker 2: Did they start screaming right then, yes, huh it was.
Speaker 9: It was very loud and like the crowd was very like calm the whole night until like this moment and then all phones were out.
Speaker 2: And then Taylor Swift came out and did she did.
Speaker 9: Love Story, And that was pretty amazing because during the part you know where it's like, pulled out a ring and said she like, you know, showed her ring.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: The car go, Yeah, she did freak out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really cute.
Speaker 5: Was it just the engagement ring abb Abby or was there a wedding ring part of it?
Speaker 9: Well, my eyes aren't that great to see there was another ring, but it was huge.
Speaker 2: What times you get home?
Speaker 9: About eleven thirty it's the late night.
Speaker 2: What time did Taylor go on and do her song?
Speaker 9: I think it, I mean it was about eleven fifteen. It was right before it ended. She just did one song and then after that it was done. I left right after her.
Speaker 2: Was everybody kind of like do one more?
Speaker 9: Not really no, because she just kind of walked off and everybody knew she was just going to do one because she I think she I mean, she didn't try to make it about herself. You know, she just like came out to do one song and it was like, Okay, thanks guys, Thanks Nashville.
Speaker 2: And that has to be the final song because imagine having to do a song if you're Laaney after Taylor does a song.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: We just, you know, want to.
Speaker 2: Shut it down when Taylor's done. Good night everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: You went though thinking Taylor would show up.
Speaker 9: I knew she was going to be there because her my friend's cousin said. She was like, they are back there, there's a green room for them.
Speaker 2: Well if they know so much, does your friend's cousin know when the wedding is?
Speaker 1: She didn't know that much.
Speaker 3: That's what I asked him.
Speaker 6: My friend that was there, and I was like, does she have a wedding band on?
Speaker 2: I didn't think about you nothing too psychotic.
Speaker 6: No, it's been a big mystery on the show, and then because the.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox, it's been a big mystery Lives. We've mentioned it a couple of times.
Speaker 6: We've been talking about walk around where the wedding is going to be, and then Lunchbox thinks they're faking it, right, ye still.
Speaker 2: Still after all this time, fun show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Who was the best? Oh, ma'am, who sounded the best?
Speaker 3: Laney?
Speaker 9: I mean, Laney did sound really good.
Speaker 2: Did they use the same band?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 9: Huh, so it was six Wire. They do a lot around Nashville. They're always like a house band.
Speaker 2: So the artist would pop in and do a couple of songs.
Speaker 3: Huh that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: That was my breaking news when I saw Abby's instagram.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Saw Taylor swept out singing a song we had to go viral with.
Speaker 3: Trying not just that video I took, did never, I made the.
Speaker 2: Same video that five thousand other people took right there, right, Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right and the number one spot, Amy's daughter one style audition for Love Island.
Speaker 1: Man, are I We're in trouble?
Speaker 3: These are your top three?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you think you should have? What do you think from this week about you should have made it in the top three spots.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, I don't know what we've done this week exactly.
Speaker 3: These were the three that had the most traction on social media. That's what I have to roll with.
Speaker 1: I mean, where is where is the amy getting her money? I mean, where was that?
Speaker 3: That was in last week? And it was in part two? And I only do from the main radio show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that should bember one for about a month.
Speaker 3: That was good, It was really good. I mean, but we're also in the wrong week now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know an honorable mention.
Speaker 1: No, we don't need an honorable mention crab. I don't want. I don't want to participation trophy. I just I don't know what else did we do this week?
Speaker 3: I know I have to limit it to the radio show because we have so much going on that that's the only thing that most people are missing the full seconds from. So that's what I'm trying to catch them up on. God, it's the radio show. People are listening to Part two?
Speaker 1: No, No, I think people miss part two, so I think you should pull bits from that. I think I think you got it backwards.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I really, I really think most people are listening to the part two full podcast and they missed the radio show.
Speaker 1: I would disagree.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's what I'm seeing. So the numbers are saying, ah, man, people love a part two, Well, and then we'll tell me something good I can pull from that.
Speaker 1: I guess people that are downloading this probably download the other podcast. The people that don't download this are probably the people that listen live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so they're not you see what I'm saying. Now you're getting it.
Speaker 1: Maybe that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Our podcasters are really paying attention to those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Mary from Maryland. You know, when she's driving to work, she listens in her car alliterations, but that's all she listens to. So she wouldn't download this anyway poticially, No, no, no, I'm saying, like, if she only listens in her car in a way to work, yeah, she probably only listens to the live true, got it.
Speaker 3: Or if they're listening in their car on the way to work, they only get to catch one or two segments from the.
Speaker 1: Radio, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so if they want to catch up on the radio show, so that's the purpose of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't go download, okay, but if they.
Speaker 3: Just want to listen to part two, they can just go listen apart to it anytime.
Speaker 1: Right right? No, I get that. I get that. Okay, so all right, but.
Speaker 3: You do get an Honor mill mention because that was a good one.
Speaker 1: No, that's I don't want no, take it away, take it back. We're not.
Speaker 3: But Amy's daughter does want to audition for a reality show, I think Lunchbox. She also was a little jealous of that if she gets to would you be jealous?
Speaker 1: No, because I can't really go on Love Island.
Speaker 3: True, but like it's still a reality show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I Love Island went around when I was growing up.
Speaker 3: Would you have gone on Love Island?
Speaker 1: No? I mean that doesn't seem like that much fun. I mean, I guess you make out, but you don't really drink. I don't really I don't, And you just sit around do nothing. Like at least Real World you're out doing stuff. Yeah, road Rules you're doing stuff. Survivor you're doing stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't want activities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really a sit around person. I don't really like the beach.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not a huge fan.
Speaker 3: I'm a Mountain Lake girl vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So okay, Well this is a number one spot this week.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 2: Would you let your kid go on a reality show? And I'm not asking that just as I you know, just a random question. Amy's daughter has expressed interest in going on a reality show. Yeah.
Speaker 6: She came into my room and she was looking dead serious. She's like, Mom, I want to go on Love Island.
Speaker 2: No, how old? Now are people that go on Love Island not ever?
Speaker 4: My daughter's age ever?
Speaker 2: So no matter what her age is correct, But you can't stop her, sure because she's now nineteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you can't stop her from Mike.
Speaker 2: When you look at the young age of people on Love Island, you.
Speaker 5: Have to be at least eighteen, but they take mid twenties to early thirties.
Speaker 2: Do they take any nineteen year olds at all? It just says you have to be eighteen years old to apply.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: That does not happening, No chance, no chance, but good luck with other things, like she can, she could.
Speaker 3: I don't want to not be supportive.
Speaker 6: That's just not the direction we will support for these college years. So she wants to go to trade school, she wants to go to college whatever, We're willing to support that if she wants.
Speaker 5: To go do that you mean financially?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Should Amy let her daughter go on loved Eddie?
Speaker 5: I think the answer is no, Like you gotta let her know that you don't want her to do that, but she could do that. And if she does do that, then yeah, we can't help you financially for the next few years.
Speaker 2: But if she goes on and it comes back and was like that was a mistake, I'm sorry. Can I be back? I don't think so, Amy, I know that sucks. I know you gotta stand your ground.
Speaker 1: I know she's nineteen. Yes, would you let her go on Big Brother? I mean it's different. No, they hook up on Big Brother?
Speaker 2: They do, yeah, but not as much. Love Island is about hooking up Big Brother. It's just a lot of people in a room, some of them just falling out.
Speaker 1: Love Island's about finding love. And so if you want your daughter to go out there and date and like, this is a way and it could catapult her career into other reality shows and being an influencer. Absolutely, she's nineteen years old. You say, hey, girl, have you got it? Get it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I get that a lot of people are entertained by Love Island, and I think that that's what she's seeing, Like, I don't think she wants to go and because it's about guys or like I actually don't know what it is about. I was perplexed and I was like, you can't serious. And then I had to start really thinking, like what if she were to submit an application and what if she were to get chosen?
Speaker 2: But we do I know, I'm with you under this roof. We have certain rules. Roll one no Love Island. Yeah, did she really want.
Speaker 9: To do it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: It came.
Speaker 6: I was shocked by it, but her her face was just sort of she wasn't like, oh, Love Island, that would be fun. She came in and she said it, and she looked at me with a serious look. And I didn't really know how to react because I didn't want to. I just wanted to handle it with sensitivity because I've watched it before. I know a lot of her friends, a lot of young people are obsessed with that show and they do watch it. So I don't want to be like a hypocrite where I can be entertained by something, But then I don't want to let her go do that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay to be entertained, and yeah, it's not a hypocrite. Okay, cool, because you're not all their moms, right, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: And it's my job as her mom to protect her. Yeah, and we don't need to go do that. That one I would feel better about than Love Island. I don't feel great about it, but I feel better than Love Violence.
Speaker 2: She'd have to be older for the Bachelor, right, what is the what about Bachelor Team?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, If that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing, would love that show.
Speaker 1: He loves these teams. The teens are hooking up. Yeah, teens hooking up.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: And that's it for us, Lunchbox. Thanks for joining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm a little sad. Why because I thought, you know, on a Saturday that Scuba would be here.
Speaker 3: I saw him outside of the door. I did, and I'm really proud of him for saying outside of the door instead of inside of the door.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it bothers you that much.
Speaker 3: It doesn't bother me. It's I get messages from listeners who are.
Speaker 1: Like what, no, no, not one message. I get all these messages like, oh my god, Scooba, hilarious.
Speaker 3: Do you know how to find your messages?
Speaker 2: No? Not really exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's that and it's also counterproductive. We only have so much time together in this room.
Speaker 1: You can do as much time as you want.
Speaker 3: That's we have to go do other things.
Speaker 1: You're right, we have we got Yeah, we gotta get home to our family.
Speaker 3: Keep you all day on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: You're right, and I mean you try to, but I'm just like, oh my god, but you locked the door, and I'm like, i gotta get out of here.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to be respectful of your time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, respect, Oh yes, PCT and PCT.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you for holding that into the very.
Speaker 1: And then how it goes. No, no, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: You did the respect bargain. But we're going to get out of here now. Oh man, go listen to the Sore Losers podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sore Losers podcasts and a man. If you've never been to our convention, we throw a convention every year.
Speaker 3: I've been to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been to it. And tickets go on sale this coming Wednesday, July for this is the first time we've done it this Early payment plans available. You can party with Ray and I in Nashville for three days. We do a live pod, open bar, happy hour. We'd love to see you there. Sore Losers dot com download the episodes Radio Lunchbox on the Socials and hey, guys, just remember this one little thing us say, us say, let's win the World Cup.
Speaker 3: All right, goodbye, everybody, have a great weekend, and you can go follow the show at Bobby Bunch.
Speaker 1: You didn't do yours, I mean it's yours.
Speaker 3: You're the highlight.
Speaker 1: But you gotta say about the personal.
Speaker 3: Take this personally. Thank you. I appreciate it well, and go follow the show at Bobby one show.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you gotta cross for boat cross boat promote. You know what I mean. You got a double dip. You gotta I know.
Speaker 3: But it's also about you.
Speaker 2: You're my guy.
Speaker 1: How many times a week on your podcast do you shout out the sore losers?
Speaker 3: On my podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well not I only have one episode.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's all right, remember mine. I'll have talk to Ray about us. Great.
Speaker 3: You guys doing it a lot, because I can start to yeah.
Speaker 1: We pretty much do you and feeling yourself?
Speaker 3: But are you calling it the wrong things? Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, we say with Morgan Heelsman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what do you call the actual podcast? Because I know you call Amy's feeling yourself? So what do you call mine getting personal, getting personal. Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. Yeah, we do the cross remote. We do that a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll do a little cross promotion for That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you, all right, guys, Hey, you know what I'm saying. Hey, I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social platform
Speaker 1: And followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.