Speaker 1: All right, it's your back to back classics today on your Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: That's where we play to previously loved Okay, is that what they say at thrift stores like that.
Speaker 1: Second day so that you just get a bit, a little bit longer of a segment here.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much for being here, and we love it.
Speaker 1: If you subscribe, it does really truly make a difference in the eyes of our bosses.
Speaker 2: So thank you for doing that. But first your comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marcus said marriage therapist should play these segments during sessions then ask their clients if they really want to go back into the dating pool or work things out.
Speaker 2: It's not where I thought that was.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's like taking your cat to a shelter and being like, see, all these kids could be you.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 5: You're lucky. I love it.
Speaker 2: Marcus.
Speaker 1: All right, you're back to back classics for whatever therapy session you're in right now.
Speaker 2: Start well, right now.
Speaker 6: We've heard of a lot of creative ways to cut a date short.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's the classic.
Speaker 6: Emergency phone call from your best friend purposely eating food you're allergic to to give yourself a reaction.
Speaker 2: One person that yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember that, or Alexis's favorite, brutal honesty right to their face.
Speaker 7: What she ever?
Speaker 6: Eve're just talking about honesty, make sure uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's like, I kind of.
Speaker 5: Want to leave.
Speaker 7: He's like, what, She's like, I love you?
Speaker 1: That's actually that was actually a replay yea.
Speaker 6: But today one of our listeners was ditched mid date in a more brazen way. And normally those people don't answer their phones when we call them, but with this one we get answers.
Speaker 5: Answers.
Speaker 6: I don't think anybody saw coming. You're gonna hear it in a second date update.
Speaker 2: Next broken Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 6: Not sure if you remember this, but a few months ago, one of our listeners, Michael, did an awkward Tuesday phone call because he had this female friend who was complaining to him about how lonely she was.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he wanted to convince his best friend to date her just to get miss sad Face out of his hand.
Speaker 7: I do remember that.
Speaker 2: I can't remember how it turned out, but I remember.
Speaker 5: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 6: I guess we did a good enough job helping him with that situation that Michael now trusts us completely so much so that almost a year later, he wants us to do a second date update.
Speaker 5: Michael, it's good to have you back on the show. Dude.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's great to be back.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Does it feel to lower your standards of advice this love?
Speaker 8: Well, I think you guys are going to help me out.
Speaker 5: Okay. It is our honor and privilege to be able to assist you with your love life today, Michael, So tell us what's going on.
Speaker 8: I want you to know that before I start dating, even before I had you guys help me advice with my friend, I was in a long relationship before then it ended messy, so I was definitely taking a long break from dating. But now I'm back out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Steel, I'm still all right.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm finally got on the apps. But why I need your advice is somebody I met in real life, not on the app.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fun. How'd you do that?
Speaker 8: Well? Her name's Meghan and I met her at the grocery store.
Speaker 7: Dude, that's like such a stereotype. People say the best place to meet a jig? Did they really say?
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but they say that I wearing a pods to the grocery store.
Speaker 6: It's so romantic at the grocery store, especially when they have the thunder over by the produce section in the rainstorm.
Speaker 5: Dude, how did you meet Meghan? There?
Speaker 8: Just we caught each other's eyes, and then we kept finding each other in almost every eye.
Speaker 2: Oh you need bread too, I needed bread. Okay, that's kind of cute.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and to the point where, like she jokingly had to ask me, are you following me? With a smile, I looking.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you when women say that, it's like joking, but.
Speaker 6: Also one hand on the spray.
Speaker 8: Yeah all right, you know, I asked her right back though, are you following me? And that started off with a small conversation. We just talked about what was in our car, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna make tacos tonight?
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys went deep on that first convo. My god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that led to me asking for her number I love Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got her number. Wow.
Speaker 6: Well, that must make you feel really confident after, like you said, you went through that tough breakup for like a year ago, Finally going out into the world and meeting somebody that you connect with instantly.
Speaker 2: What have people been complaining about this.
Speaker 1: Is so easy?
Speaker 5: It didn't lead to an actual date?
Speaker 1: It did, Yeah, and there was no ghosting involved.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look how jaded we all are in this room, Like you really met again?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Well.
Speaker 8: You're jumping ahead. There was some ghosting, so okay, yeah, I mean we we did meet up. I suggested we go out for dinner, like at a restaurant, just to get to know her more. But she countered with just like, I don't feel like going out. Can we just watch a movie? And I said sure? And she suggested my place?
Speaker 7: Your place? Great sign?
Speaker 8: Is it? Or?
Speaker 2: I like you?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like it's a good sign for just like a one night hangout situation.
Speaker 2: It's not a good sign if you're I just meant it's a.
Speaker 7: Good sign that she's comfortable enough to come to you.
Speaker 5: She stole Brooks line. I think it's a very So how did it go?
Speaker 8: I felt very comfortable and relaxed. We just all we ended up doing was just watching a movie, had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 7: Oh that's the way you guys. Didn't fool around.
Speaker 8: That's no, didn't lead any of that.
Speaker 2: That's okay. It's the first hangout.
Speaker 5: Okay, this isn't Brooks hang out.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, Jeff.
Speaker 8: So then I thought the night would go a little longer, but she said she had to go and get something from her car real quick. She's like, I got to run in my car real quick. I didn't even think of it. I was having a good time. And that's when she just never came back.
Speaker 9: Whoa.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's something Alexis would do, Like she just doesn't know how I really would literally dip out like, oh wait, I.
Speaker 3: Loved it a whing someone at a second bar, like a restaurant to a bar, like see you there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a little concerning though. Did you reach out to her afterwards?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I was concerned. I'm like, I hope no one snatched her up or something I did.
Speaker 5: I called.
Speaker 8: I even called the number, I mean, no reply for quite a bit, and then she finally got back to me, and all she just sent a text over and it just said, hey, sorry, it's not going to work out between us. That was it.
Speaker 7: And we're so jaded. You're right, because I think that's polite. I'm like, oh I ever heard but into his face.
Speaker 6: But it's weird that there's no explanation for why exactly after she invited herself to hang out at your apartment.
Speaker 2: But I don't feel like your own explanation after only one hangout. Jeff like that.
Speaker 7: That's a good point too.
Speaker 2: It's not like that's the same. But we want it. Do you want do you want to see her again?
Speaker 8: I just want to know what was the turnoff because I'm confused. Was it my apartment? Was it something I did? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like that you're blaming yourself. That's a good start.
Speaker 8: Okay, this might to me being embarrassed. Who cares. Let's find out what I did so I can you know you're.
Speaker 6: If there's something wrong that you're doing, it's good to know it up ahead of time.
Speaker 5: So let's come back. We're gonna call Meghan for you. Michael. Oh, so weird Brooks husband and Brook's best friend's name. Don't think about that when we do our next year.
Speaker 7: And you took her live.
Speaker 5: Second day update right after this hold on.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date update.
Speaker 6: It was the comeback after the romantic setback followed by a slight drawback. Okay, because our listener Michael finally got back into the dating game after going through a tough breakup about a year ago. Didn't find his match online though, found her in the grocery store holding two big candialopes. That's Jose's dream of how they met, but her name was Megan and eventually they arranged a little Netflix and chill night back at Michael's apartment, which went really well and.
Speaker 2: Was her idea that was very important to.
Speaker 6: Things kind of fell apart though, when she said she had to grab something from her car and never return.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm wondering if she was hoping for something more that never was materializing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, watched the whole movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was. He had to grab something from the car.
Speaker 6: Thing a lie, Alexis says, yes, from experience, But we.
Speaker 5: Don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 8: We don't know.
Speaker 6: Anything for sure. We do know it's not a good sign. As on what a lie is.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to be there, Okay, she lied, yes.
Speaker 5: But again we don't know.
Speaker 6: We just know it's not a good sign. Also, not a good sign, Megan texted him days later confirming it's not going to work.
Speaker 2: That's why I know after all those things, Jeff, I think it's.
Speaker 6: Very we needed to be impartial people in the middle here, Isn't that right, Michael? You want an impartial audience.
Speaker 8: Like I am very hopeful that I'm going to get something positive out of this. It will be an easy correction to make.
Speaker 2: I think your positivity is really sweet.
Speaker 8: Thanks. If you hear the condescension, Yeah, I'm not hopeful to get another date out of this. It's not like trying to get her with me. I just want.
Speaker 5: Okay, And that's sweet, sweet that you think you can get better. Okay, We're all.
Speaker 6: Going to try our best for you here, Michael, Let's call Meghan for you and see if she answers and what.
Speaker 5: She has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hi, we're looking to talk with Meghan speaking.
Speaker 10: Oh Meghan, Hey, Hello, a.
Speaker 7: Group phone call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I don't know if you realize you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yes, show Meghan?
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, I guess okay, I don't know how to deal with this positivity.
Speaker 5: On the other end, we don't normally get this.
Speaker 2: We got two positive people that we've talked to.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 6: You don't know this Meghan, but earlier, the other positive person we spoke to with a guy named Michael that you went on a date with.
Speaker 10: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We love his energy too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Oh my.
Speaker 5: Gosh, you sound excited, but well I don't know what.
Speaker 10: Okay, wait, you said Michael, like Michael called you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, because we're doing something called a second date update, we're trying to help him figure out if when you two hung out and did Netflix over at his apartment, if something went wrong during that night, cause.
Speaker 2: Well he knows something went wrong because you left and didn't come back.
Speaker 6: Well, we don't know what the problem was, if it was on your end, if it was something he did.
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, I cannot believe this is happening.
Speaker 5: A limited times. So we need to have you believe sooner. So start to believe. You're on the radio now.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to hear Michael's name again?
Speaker 10: I don't know if i'd say excited, Okay, embarrassed? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Why I thought it was what happened?
Speaker 10: Okay, I don't even know where to begin at. I really don't even know if I.
Speaker 1: Tell you, no, we love humiliating stories.
Speaker 2: We are walking embarrassments to everyone that we know, like you were in the right company.
Speaker 6: We're really just trying to help out Michael because he's really concerned feeling like he did something wrong on the date.
Speaker 10: So let me just say, I've never done anything like this before.
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Alexi says that on the first date too.
Speaker 10: Seriously, guys, I'm a good person, I promise.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about with anything?
Speaker 10: Okay, So I kind of didn't bump into Michael at the grocery store, like, not by accident.
Speaker 2: What do you mean what?
Speaker 10: I don't know if he told you, like we met in a grocery store or not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said, you guys like randomly kept bumping into each other kind of multiple times in the store.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm kind of like I know his ex girlfriend. What Yeah, Like we're in a book club together, so you know, we're girl pals. We chill, we talk, you know.
Speaker 1: And wait, so you saw him in the grocery store by chance or you went there because you knew he was gonna be there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I kind of followed him there because oh why he basically was like vancing one day and she was like, my ex boyfriend won't give me back my guitar. So my thing leads to the next and yeah, so we kind of set up to, you know, run into Michael.
Speaker 1: The whole thing was a setup so you could go in and steal her guitar back head, you.
Speaker 10: Leave with the I didn't steal anything, that's her Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if that's what she says, is this what really happens at book club?
Speaker 5: You don't read any books.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do the book for like fifteen twenty minutes, you discuss it.
Speaker 5: And then you put revenge against all of your exes for the rest of the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it needs to happen, it needs to happen to anything. I mean, she's not getting revenge, she's just trying to get her guitar back. That's different. I have had reconnaissance missions like this myself.
Speaker 6: I know that's like another twenty minute long story that we don't need to get into. We need the important thing that we need to get to. Here, Megan is letting you know that Michael is actually on the other line right now listening to this conversation.
Speaker 1: Way, it's fine, I mean, it's not like you're ever going to see him again.
Speaker 5: Well, no, it kind of ruins your plan what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean didn't she already get the guitar?
Speaker 5: Michael, are you hearing this?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do not know what to say right now.
Speaker 10: It's minefel Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I really am.
Speaker 8: That's unbelievable. Tell me is a guitar and from my house? Gone?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I slipped it outside the door when I went to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: That's so, I mean, devious coming.
Speaker 2: But Jeffery is like, does you're stunned?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm shocked.
Speaker 6: I didn't see this coming because I mean, what is the history of the guitar? Whose guitar is it?
Speaker 8: It's my exes? Yeah, Like, why the hell would on it? It was a gift. I just held on ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: It was a messy end. I don't want to get into it at all, but I'm trying to try.
Speaker 10: To get better.
Speaker 2: Say it's a messy breakup. This makes it a messy You're not helping, like you were the issue.
Speaker 6: Some woman Like some woman hold like onto the sweaters from their ex boyfriends and cry. He holds onto his ex girlfriend's guitar and cries and do it which.
Speaker 2: Is expensive, dirty old sweatshirt.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sorry, man, she just said, like basically kept making excuses, so I wanted to help her out.
Speaker 8: I just do want to see her kind of thing. It wasn't really about keeping it out of Spider or anything.
Speaker 10: I will say, like, you are a really nice guy, Like you were really fitable, you were really cordial, You didn't try anything crazy, and you're not even.
Speaker 6: Mad hearing about this like elaborate plan to get the guitar back out from under your nose.
Speaker 8: It's more amazing that you pulled it off than why would I be angry about.
Speaker 2: That you didn't notice missing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well he doesn't. He doesn't.
Speaker 6: But is there still like, was there ever a romantic connection between YouTube.
Speaker 5: Megan and Michael.
Speaker 2: You're going to make that happen.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the goal of this call?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 10: Sorry, Michael, I was actually engaged, So.
Speaker 7: You went because you're engaged about.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he knows all about it, and he thinks it's it's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, kind of funny.
Speaker 8: I'm happy I didn't make a move.
Speaker 6: So yeah, okay, Well, clearly there's no connection between the two of you. But Megan, Michael did want to get some dating advice out of this segment. Do you have any that you want to share with him to maybe help him out going forward.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Michael, you definitely got to be more aware of your surroundings and don't bring people to your house.
Speaker 3: Okay, you notice someone stopped you to a grocery store.
Speaker 6: Just assume everybody wants to steal something from you.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Wow, that is a hard real first date.
Speaker 5: Michael.
Speaker 6: Back in the dating world after a year. This is set up to get your guitar out of your apartment.
Speaker 8: Lesson learned here. Yeah, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Man, at this point, if you're him, do you trust any buddy in the dating worlds going forward?
Speaker 5: At this point?
Speaker 6: Are you just go straight to online dating with criminals in prison?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? I mean, is there trust left in the dating world?
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that he.
Speaker 1: You know, he was the one last shred of hope that we had and that's gone.
Speaker 6: But that happened to me and I met somebody and found out it was all just a scam to steal from my apartment. That's where I'd be headed. Fellonflings dot com. I'm logging on and taking the easy way out.
Speaker 4: You're gonna steal from me anyway, might as well just tell you.
Speaker 1: I want to just know I ended that feeling like it was all his fault.
Speaker 2: Well, he should have returned her stuff. Yeah that was a lesson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that for sure was a problem.
Speaker 6: But it's also not great to like create a whole ruise about a romantic date and lead a guy on just to steal from him.
Speaker 1: Well, if he's not giving a guitar back, I say, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 6: That's what I say, justified according to.
Speaker 7: For themselves out of that's right, Jose.
Speaker 6: The good news is he didn't seem devastated by it. He was actually impressed that they were able to pull it off.
Speaker 5: So he laughed.
Speaker 7: He was like, well, I mean I don't even play guitar.
Speaker 2: It's like, why wasn't he giving it back?
Speaker 6: Something good came of it in the very end, and hopefully we can bring some positivity to your dating life. If you email us, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second date updates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey Brooke and.
Speaker 9: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: You can tell a lot about a first date by how you leave things at the very end of the night, such a huge hell did you end it with a tender kiss, double fist bump maybe? Or possibly a lingering wet willie e. Each one of those sends a pretty clear message about where you stand.
Speaker 7: You should be wearing earplugs ladies.
Speaker 5: That's for sure.
Speaker 6: But what does it mean when you end the night with a multi person group hug?
Speaker 7: What I did not see that all question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the reason one of our listeners is so confused after his date ended in maybe the weirdest way possible. Ah, he still does have some interest, so it couldn't have been that bad.
Speaker 5: Will No, it wasn't that. You'll hear what went down in your second Date update right.
Speaker 13: After this Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: We've been doing these calls for a while now and found it's not unusual for a woman to bring one of her friends along with her on a first date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally you tell someone beforehand, then you're gonna we'll tell me.
Speaker 2: Where she sits at the place too.
Speaker 6: Sometimes they're upfront about it and just very open. Sometimes though, they keep it a secret where they have them hide somewhere in a nearby booth or inside of a decorative plant, spying with binoculars to make sure everything's kosher.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you won't get noticed that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, it's a giant plant doing in this McDonalds.
Speaker 5: Why is it moving? So we definitely heard that before.
Speaker 6: But is it unusual if the friend that she brings with her.
Speaker 5: Is a guy?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 6: Apparently that happened to one of our listeners recently. Leo, is that true your date showed up with another dude?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I can't. I mean, I have guy best friends, like you know, that could be fine.
Speaker 1: Did she tell you beforehand that that was what was going to happen?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: No, actually, And by.
Speaker 6: The way, Brooke has hooked up with almost all of her guy best friends.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if it's a great thing because.
Speaker 1: You got to just try it out and see if that's how you like each other.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, nah, that didn't work.
Speaker 7: Looks like you're bringing a friend another target.
Speaker 5: Can't run us through how this all happened, Like, start with how you met her?
Speaker 8: So, like I met this girl, Christie.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's this bike club, it's like a group on Facebook and people get together and we like ride every like up of weekends.
Speaker 12: And I started talking to her.
Speaker 13: Yeah no, it's actually awesome. And I've met a lot of people, but I met Chrissy and I just really liked her. And I asked her out.
Speaker 1: Cude, what a great way to ask somebody out to like you already have shared interests.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, and she's amazing and I was so excited. And I show up and she's there, but she's sitting at the table with this other guy and she's like, oh, yeah, this is David. Oh you know a title for David or distinction like not my brother or my friend or my poor.
Speaker 4: How was the vibe like between them? Did you feel like they had chemistry? Did it feel friendly? Did it feel sexual?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 13: I mean they were definitely really comfortable with each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my first thought.
Speaker 1: It is either she is in a open relationship and thought you maybe knew could that be it?
Speaker 13: Well, did not get a heads up by any means on that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay, and like, don't me wrong, Like David is.
Speaker 13: A nice guy, but like there would be moments where they would just talk with each other or make obviously like inside jokes that.
Speaker 2: You paid for the whole. That's what I was gonna ask.
Speaker 13: I paid for the dinner, and it seemed like he was just part of the package. And I'm still not sure how to unpack that.
Speaker 7: I think I could see why naturally, you're like, I'm on a date. I offered to pay.
Speaker 2: Of a guy friend. Though, to be okay, why would a guy friend want to sit in on you on a date?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: That really could best Like my best guy friends would tell me that's weird.
Speaker 11: I get it that, like women want to make sure that there's someone around, and like I can understand that, but I was just so shocked that it was the sky.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and typically it's like you want security if it's somebody you've never met before. You've already met this person, you meet up with them once a month. But during a bitedown, like yeah, you should have suffer before.
Speaker 13: I think I gave a pretty good impression that I'm not a serial killer, but I respect that boundary.
Speaker 2: Wait did you ever find out.
Speaker 8: Who he was? End? No?
Speaker 13: Okay, So we were there for like an hour and a half. We did flirt, like we all had like collective conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh so you were flirting with David too, not just jealous.
Speaker 13: I mean, I wasn't gonna be rude, but it was so weird that when I left, I I sort of just almost jokingly like reached out and gave them both a group hug.
Speaker 2: Wait you together, Well.
Speaker 13: They were going to leave together, so I just hugged them both.
Speaker 8: I was like, we should all hang out again sometime.
Speaker 13: And I don't know why the hell is so.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because if that is her best even he'll be like, oh he.
Speaker 7: Was a nice guy.
Speaker 2: You hug us yeah, or you just friend zoned yourself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's the risk you take when you're on a triple date. You weren't playing.
Speaker 5: That's so where are we at now with you and Christy?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 9: So the way I handled that gets me into this situation where I'm the one that's not responding and she has been calling me and texting me and they want to know when.
Speaker 13: We should all hang out together.
Speaker 11: And I don't know why I said it, but now I'm like, I really don't want to hang out with David.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously you gave him a hug, like you basically let him on.
Speaker 2: As she's setting you up with him, right now, what do you want us to do?
Speaker 11: My goal is to have a one on one date with her, so I wanted originally, and I don't know if that's even possible anymore.
Speaker 6: So you want with our call here, for us to surgically remove David from the situation and have it just be a one on one with you and Christy.
Speaker 13: Got him out of it, Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: In the most respectful way possible. We need to figure out how to convince her.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 2: You even got to go. I mean nothing on David.
Speaker 13: No, it's a cool dude, but he did. I don't want to hang out. I don't want to date David.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he's really handsome though, right no comment?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, oh god.
Speaker 6: The more handsome he is, the harder this is gonna be. We're gonna find out when we call Christy and try and get you your second date update coming up right after this hold on Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 6: In the dating world, it can be hard to get just one person wanting to hang out with you. But our listener, Leo is a lucky man who has interests from two people at the same time.
Speaker 7: It weird.
Speaker 5: That's the situation.
Speaker 6: One is his date, Christy, the other is the random dude that Christy came to the restaurant with that night named David.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't even say, because I guess we didn't get larger.
Speaker 5: That's the thing we don't know.
Speaker 6: Is David her friend, her brother, her lover, her dad. We don't really know. That was never made clear the entire night.
Speaker 2: David got free meal David.
Speaker 7: And potentially meant the step dad.
Speaker 5: It's possible.
Speaker 6: The thing is, it's awkward because Christie's been asking if all three of them can hang out together again, but Leo isn't really up for that.
Speaker 5: He wants to cut David out of the pit. Yeah, so that's why he's asked us for help. No, you're Leo.
Speaker 2: Sorry. This is why I can't juggle more than one at a time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you didn't even consider the step dad option.
Speaker 5: Did you.
Speaker 2: I think it's so wild.
Speaker 1: You went through an entire dinner and you still couldn't figure out how David was connected to your friend Christian Christy.
Speaker 11: I know, like it was awkward and I just didn't know how to play that.
Speaker 7: Like, so, who were you get it. You're just going with the flow.
Speaker 2: Conflict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Wait to hear how David feels about the group hug.
Speaker 5: That's right, they did have the three way hug.
Speaker 2: So buy our boy Leo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, out of panic. It sounded like.
Speaker 13: I didn't know what to do. I did panic a little. It was weird.
Speaker 7: Group hugs are not a bad thing.
Speaker 5: I think you hand it.
Speaker 6: Wait for this call, but we're going to try and help you out. Just get a date with only Christy. If she's even up for that.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It might be your style.
Speaker 2: Is only David an option?
Speaker 8: I don't think.
Speaker 2: No offense, but no, everybody has their own likes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Christy might take offense. So let's call her and see how she feels about it. Hopefully she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Christy? Yeah, Hey Christy? How you doing today? You're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: In the Morning.
Speaker 12: Okay, Yes, I'm confused, but I know it's okay.
Speaker 6: We're doing a segment right now, call the second Date Update. We're calling on behalf of one of our listeners and friends of the show that you went out with recently named Leo.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Leo. I mean I've been texting Leo.
Speaker 5: Right, we heard a little bit about your hangout, and I don't know the right way to say this.
Speaker 1: This is different than we normally do. It is different because we know that you're interested in seeing him again.
Speaker 6: He said that there's been communication about setting up another hangout between you, Leo, and the other guy that was there that night, named David.
Speaker 12: It was it was a fun night.
Speaker 6: I mean it sounds like totally there's a little bit of a question mark though around you know, basically what's going on?
Speaker 2: Why is hard?
Speaker 6: Well, it's we're trying to figure out what the dynamic is between the three of you.
Speaker 12: Right, Okay, Well I'll explain it. But first, like, do you think there's any way you can like help me convince Leo to go out with me again? I mean I really liked him and I kind of liked me too, Like.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, with you. I don't think we'll have any problem getting him to agree to go out with you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think it's like sold.
Speaker 5: The problem that Leo has is with the David part.
Speaker 12: No, No, you have to go out with me and David.
Speaker 2: What are you guys like a package or something.
Speaker 6: Why is it so important that it has to be all three of you going out at once?
Speaker 12: Actually it's more than three of us. There's a fourth.
Speaker 2: What's hold on?
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, there's more a love square.
Speaker 2: Now the guys aren't connected. Is it another guy or is it a girl?
Speaker 12: Okay, so it is another guy, but it's not what you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to clear this up for us. Christ we're really confused because.
Speaker 7: It has to be what we think.
Speaker 12: No, no, it really isn't. Okay. So the third guy, the fourth person, he was actually filming secretly. He was filming our dates in the restaurant too. He was just at another table, kind of pretending he wasn't doing what he was doing.
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 12: Because I am really doing well on TikTok right now. And there's this trend.
Speaker 1: It's called two dates one night, two dates one like a challenge.
Speaker 12: Yeah, two date one night challenge.
Speaker 1: So wait, so you set up a date with David and set up a date with Lee at.
Speaker 2: The same time, all for TikTok.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it's really really well my video, it's like it's totally going viral.
Speaker 2: Why don't you guys, why didn't you tell him.
Speaker 12: Because then it wouldn't be the changing and everyone would know what stage.
Speaker 6: So part of the challenge is going on a date with two guys at the same time and neither of them knows about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'm interested in both. I like both.
Speaker 4: So wait, that means in the comments section they must be voting for who they liked the moment.
Speaker 12: My god, exactly, there's so many people voting. O.
Speaker 1: My god, are you some like wizard that you're able to get these two guys to stay that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, be careful, your jealousy is showing.
Speaker 7: I think that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You must be like so lovely and like such a personable, charismatic person and convinced two dudes to hang around.
Speaker 12: Why don't about that? But I'm not that looking.
Speaker 3: Everyone had a fun night, they said, Yeah, I don't know if Leo's having as much fun though, listening and hearing all of this, because Christy, you should know Leo is on the phone right now, but.
Speaker 2: She's not videotaping job.
Speaker 5: Well, we're recording this for our podcast. Took Okay, I'm sorry, I apologize for that, but Leo, man, are you still there.
Speaker 13: I'm just trying to process what I just heard O Boddy. I didn't know what to expect. It was weird to begin with, but this was like, I'm honestly weirdly impressed in a way.
Speaker 7: But okay, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I went through the same emotions and yeah, she's impressed too.
Speaker 13: All the social media thing, yes, but I do like you.
Speaker 6: She likes that you get her lots of views, that's for sure, social experience.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you going to do at the second date with Leo and David?
Speaker 6: Again, like that's the best thing to have a part two of your video, But like, was that going to be the big reveal?
Speaker 2: Was that when you were going to tell him?
Speaker 12: Oh, I was going to do a speaquel first obviously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she was.
Speaker 6: Going to reveal at the double marriage when they're both on the altar at the same time. By the way, guys, it talks, they still don't know who each other are.
Speaker 7: Who will show up at the wedding. We'll see you when the door's open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I'm Leo, I would question whether or not your feelings were valid.
Speaker 12: That's fair. But we did go on a day. It was a good time, and I do like him, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But if the tables were turned and you showed up to a dude and he had another girl sitting there.
Speaker 12: That's different. I mean it's different when you're a girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because she's hot broke. Remember that's probably every other rule in the book.
Speaker 6: So, Leo, you've been listening here, you've kind of heard what Christy has to say.
Speaker 5: Do you believe her?
Speaker 13: I don't think it's not don't believe you. I don't understand.
Speaker 8: What this is or.
Speaker 13: Why you would do it, Leo.
Speaker 6: All of social media is hard to understand why things are the way that they are and why.
Speaker 5: Things get popular. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: This feels like explaining any TikTok trend to Jeffrey exactly.
Speaker 6: I think it's just crazy and weird and people want to watch it. So we would like to arrange that second meetup if you're still open to it, Leo.
Speaker 2: For one plate, Wait, why are we asking him?
Speaker 6: Well, things have changed because now that Leo knows more about the whole situation and the motives, I think it's only fair, since he's our listener, to get the okay from him first.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe you want to?
Speaker 5: Well, let's find out.
Speaker 6: So Leo, I'm just gonna go ahead and ask you, would you be willing to go out again with Christy or Christy and David or maybe just David.
Speaker 1: Come on, there's options, jeff I mean, there's a lot of different ways you can work.
Speaker 2: I don't forget about him.
Speaker 5: Any interest on the other side.
Speaker 13: That's not going to work, not for me.
Speaker 12: No, okay, okay, Well, I mean I'm a little disappointed, and I don't want this to sound weird. It's kind of awkward. But do you know anyone that looks like.
Speaker 1: You would.
Speaker 12: Wait for the video I'm really doing?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 2: You can't trick the Leo fans.
Speaker 13: You're crazy?
Speaker 8: Who does that?
Speaker 12: I'm crazy. I'll be crazy famous pretty soon. So you missed out?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Famous and infamous are two different things.
Speaker 5: Leo.
Speaker 6: You're gonna look back at this call as the moment that both of your ones got away.
Speaker 2: Oh that doesn't add to it too right.
Speaker 5: I don't know how it works either.
Speaker 13: David.
Speaker 5: I would watch that TikTok video for sure, Brook.
Speaker 9: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Well that was unexpected.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I feel like there's so many other options that would have been better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, better answers couldn't have predicted the two dates, one night TikTok challenge?
Speaker 2: And where's David? Where's David's outrage at this? Is he just going along with? Does you know?
Speaker 6: I think exactly, maybe he appreciates all the fame that he's getting from TikTok.
Speaker 2: I feel I think he's out there wondering who the hell Leo is.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's possible.
Speaker 6: Also, I'm kind of offended that none of us have been involved in a two dates, one night TikTok challenge? Where is our invites to be in one?
Speaker 2: You can d m Jeffy, you don't know it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jeff, Oh yeah, I should go check out the four you page and see if you're on. But look, I understand Leo's stance. It's just sometimes I think you need to put your standards and your self respect to the side.
Speaker 5: In the name of social media infamy. It's a small price to pay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it says the guy who barely posts a picture of his dogs.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Jeff, you could be famous online right now and you wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I could be famous, but I don't feel like it right now.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: That's where I stay.
Speaker 6: I'll be there one day though, and you could be in a nice threattle or maybe in just like a one on one relationship if that's what you want, whatever you want exactly, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our Second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey