Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, Welcome back to Tribe July. Today, we are joined by the lovely ladies of Black Girls Texting, and you can expect to hear us talking about the different types of friendship styles, how us women are way more willing to foster relationships and resolve conflicts with our romantic partners before our friends, the importance of showing love and affection in our friendships, and how to have healthy conversations with our friends when we're hurt, and how our parents' disciplinary styles may have influenced our ability to deal with conflict, and so much more. Stay tuned and enjoy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choice. I'm Erica and.
Speaker 1: I'm Mela, and it's wednesdayby Hola, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Happy Wednesday from New York City.
Speaker 2: New York City is kicking my motherfucking ass today.
Speaker 1: First of all, we're jet setters. Last week we're in Costa Rica. This week we're in New York.
Speaker 2: It's okay, but also New York is kicking my ask today. I'm fucking hot as shit here. And I thought the valley was hot. I thought the Costa Rican jungle was hot and seem me but and I know nigause in New York, be like complaining about the heat and I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, oh, like relax, today I felt it.
Speaker 2: I feel weak. I like barely made it up the stairs. I'm kind of shaking, like I actually feel like a little jittery, like I did coke or something like.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's wrong.
Speaker 4: But you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's heat plus subway plus backpack plus slow ash children. Like It's like, if I'm want to be intended to do public transportation, I have to be free and need to be wearing only booty shorts and cow girl boots.
Speaker 4: But I can't.
Speaker 2: And we went to lunch with Jade from Getting Grown podcast before this, and we were like, let's take the train, and she was like acting like she was cool with it, and then the low key she was like, bitch, I haven't taken the train in five years. And I was like really, She's like no, but I'll do this for you, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like it's fine.
Speaker 2: And the moment we got off the train and we hit that heat and just all of it, I was like, I'm never taking the train again.
Speaker 4: It's not for me.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just meant to tell you we're taking an uber home.
Speaker 3: No fucking shit, bitch, I'm glad we're on.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I'm hot and you would think I'm skinny and like in shape, but I'm not. Like three sets of steps and it's a done deal. I'm wheezing. I'm unhappy. I'm pissed.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we're here. We love New York. So many questions.
Speaker 1: Not only are you in New York, but we're joined by our friends from Black Girl texting finally inhuman Yay.
Speaker 3: We met you all in COVID and I know aparly we meant walked in. I was like, hey, bitch, I know what it did.
Speaker 2: And now for real, it's so interesting how Covid did that, like you connect with so many people, and because now I'm starting to meet even Jade, like this is the first time I met her too, and I was like, I feel like I know you, bitch, Like we done haven't we done did this before? Right, like even this sitting down with you guys. So thank you guys so much for coming back on this ship. How small you are and I was like, everyone's always surprised by Jamila's size.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, oh my god, you're so small, and I'm like, really because I don't feel that small.
Speaker 4: I feel tall and sick.
Speaker 2: But someone wanted to wait, we're at this party. First to you and they were like, are you from good Mom's Bad Chorts. They're like, oh my god, Jamila, I just want to put you on.
Speaker 3: My back and carry you. Like like you should have made her, you should have.
Speaker 5: Told her she did it. She was like please, didn't wait, She's like, please leading with you? Please, can I pick you up? We're at like a dinner party. It wasn't like a crazy party.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the part they made single Mom's dinner evenge Wait.
Speaker 1: She picked me up, and then after she was like, I just have this thing about with like dwarves.
Speaker 3: And minutes shut up. She's like I know you're She's like, I know.
Speaker 4: You're not one.
Speaker 2: You're not one, but like I always put them on my back. So thanks, like you really helped her fulfill some sort of fantasy.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that's small you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't say dwarf or miss.
Speaker 1: We don't have long legs in the long neck, so I appear much taller than I am, and my personality is large, so larger in charge.
Speaker 4: Wait, was this your first time riding the subway?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I mean every time I do it, I'm like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: This is not for you, you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to be sex in the city.
Speaker 2: I actually have lived in New York a few times, but I don't, you know, I'll be forgetting. And that's every time I moved to New York. I'd be forgetting too, because I was like, damn as cold as fuck here, Like why the fuck did I move back here? But now it's different too, because I have a child and I'm doing navigating the subway, Whereas I feel like when I'm alone, like I can just get it going quick.
Speaker 3: I'm in and out with her.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, she's swinging around the goddamn pole.
Speaker 1: I have out pull at my house. So the girls are like, come on. As soon as as the train takes off, trouble get them this swing. I'm like, everyone's looking at us.
Speaker 2: I'm yelling, Jamila is calm. I'm just like, what the fuck?
Speaker 6: No, did you see any like the train performers like show, yeah.
Speaker 1: You get cursed out. I saw somebody got cursed out, and the kids were like, yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Talking about it for days.
Speaker 4: I'm like, welcome to New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excitement.
Speaker 6: We're native New Yorkers and you guys are native l layers, layers.
Speaker 3: Where are you all from? I'm from Brooklyn, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, let's introduce you guys. Okay, yeah, okay. We have black girls texting here. We have Chelsea and shotgg Gwendolyn isn't joining us today because the bitch is late.
Speaker 7: It's not she got when when when it's Lenen and Glen le.
Speaker 5: Okay, Glenn, the bitch. I hear she's working, but like she'd be playing Glynn, how you gonna be playing on the playing Okay, because here's my point, Like she takes her job to seriously I'm working.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we have a friend like that. I have a friend.
Speaker 5: Though my laptop is right here, like if someone needs me, not she takes her jackey into the area.
Speaker 3: It's like it's not life. She's clocked it even though she's like virtually working from home.
Speaker 5: But like, but I would have been, like she could have taken after I need my AC needs to be installed, so i'm'll be remote because the niggas don't need you in the office.
Speaker 3: Fuck are you doing so.
Speaker 1: Basically saying lie to your job and then go on camera and post it correct.
Speaker 3: And they don't know when about not quite often I do. They don't know.
Speaker 2: They don't know, they don't know when it was, the hour of the day, morning, night.
Speaker 4: It could have been like an old.
Speaker 3: A later gram or you know, fuck that job. You don't know what job I'm even referring to.
Speaker 4: I got many.
Speaker 3: I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about my side job.
Speaker 1: You know, I sell jeans on the internet picks.
Speaker 2: So you guys are New York natives. And how did you guys meet and how did you guys become friends?
Speaker 6: We met in high school through my first boyfriend, who thinks he took my virginity.
Speaker 3: But he didn't. I love that.
Speaker 2: Now into the story he thinks he took your virginity. Oh wait, so y'all go all the way back. Yes, okay, because this month we're really focusing on tribe and community and like talking about friendship.
Speaker 3: It's what are you calling it? July?
Speaker 4: Tribe tribe July?
Speaker 1: Because it takes a village a mom, I mean to raise a children, to raise a children, Aline, I'm gonna be real. We just smoked weed and then we got on the train and so like the heat plus the weed, you know, forgive us.
Speaker 2: It takes a village to raise a woman, a mother, a child, all of it together. It's not just motherhood. It's like, you know, friendship, And I think I think you guys know that too. You guys have a you know, black girls texting, y'all are your little You have a tribe and I'm sure you have other tribe members that are you know, not part of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Did that holds you down?
Speaker 2: And I just like, I think this month highlighting that because I we get so many people reaching out to us like I don't have any friends, so like I don't know where to start, or like I don't know where to even and start. As an adult, you know, it's harder to make friends, and especially when you become a mom, like finding people that understand what you're going through.
Speaker 3: It's a whole other shit.
Speaker 1: But we recently discovered we didn't realize it was a thing, but one of our people were like, I love your platonic friendship, your platonic love. I'm like, what do you mean, Like we love each other, We're not fucking And she's like, we didn't know it was a.
Speaker 4: Thing, but like we do. We're co parents.
Speaker 1: We we live, our kids are in camp together, we vacation together, we work together. We love each other. We consult with each other. If you checked the bank account, I'm gonna tell you how much is in there because we need to know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: She's like, you're gonna know, Wendy, did you guys meet? Was this later in life?
Speaker 3: Five years ago? So we're new? No way? I love that.
Speaker 6: I well, I'm like, it's funny that you said like it takes a village with friends, because I feel like I'm gonna be the first one to have a baby.
Speaker 3: Probably yes. And then like is it weird?
Speaker 4: I mean yes, which don't say, like, oh days that birth control of bitch, she's not on birth control, which is are you just risky over here?
Speaker 3: Pull risk your whole life? But like was it weird?
Speaker 4: Like were you like the first ones out of your friendship friends to have kids?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I mean I mean that's really I think even that's why we have the podcast because we didn't really have any mom friends, Like we had zero community prior really to the podcast, like Jamila was really my only mom friend and now I like I have.
Speaker 1: So we became friends because nobody else had a kid in our friend group. In fact, we met because we have a friend, a mutual friend, and we saw each other on Instagram and I was like, that bitch has a baby. Why don't you introduce me to that bitch because we know what, I'll have no friends with the baby. And we started to just like hang out on that and then we started the podcast together. Even at that point we weren't best friends or even really close. And then as we started to talk a lot, here we are.
Speaker 4: So do you suggest a pregnancy path with friends?
Speaker 3: No? Girl life is?
Speaker 6: What's one of my friends is like dead ass serious? He's like, hey, let's have a pregnancy path. She's you want to have them together?
Speaker 4: You do, but just because it's Sady's time, don't know.
Speaker 2: I need to be the center of attention. Bitch, you get your baby in like two years. Okay, everyone pay attention to me. Help me, so comfort me.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well don't you think it'd be nice to be like, oh my god, my titties are spilling the milk.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe you have like one person, maybe you have a pregnancy package.
Speaker 3: One person. Now I'm thinking packed themthing in Like all five, y'all get pregnant. That's giving. That is a lot of hormones, and someone's gonna get cut.
Speaker 1: Everybody's relationship doesn't even add up like that, Like, bitch, you'll go fund yourself trying to get fucked on the right time because you get no, no, no, no, no no. You got to really, really, really really think about that baby daddy. And I doubt everybody's baby daddy situation aligns at the same time as their friends. I feel like sometimes women force force family and force baby because I think it's that time in their life.
Speaker 4: And bitch, no it's not. You need to rethink.
Speaker 5: I have more questions about that, but I'm going to put a pin in that for our episode.
Speaker 3: Because do I have a story for y'all. Yes, you guys.
Speaker 5: If you guys get motherfucking Oh, I can't wait tell you this tea yet? Oh shit, you get the fresh tea piping hot. Yeah, if you guys keep listening, this episode is going to then go over to Black Girl's texting, So it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: Part two start.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned stay tuned.
Speaker 6: When are you, like, I don't know, this is a dumb question, but like, how do you know when you're ready for kids?
Speaker 3: Are you even ever ready for kid?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Never, because I feel like I'm getting that it it never happens. You're getting that itch. No, I don't listen.
Speaker 2: I will say that you there is a maternal thing that happens where you feel like you're ready to like do that, but actually ready and prepared for what's about to happen. No, there's no way you can do it until until it happens. You can buy all the ship, you can read, all the books, you can fucking YouTube You're life.
Speaker 1: I think it's so cute and like happy and look at her with her like overalls and she's pregnant.
Speaker 5: But I feel like you also like and I don't want to speak for you, so tell me if I'm wrong, but I feel like you're like, Okay, first comes love, then comes marriage, baby carriage kind of bit and like so you're like, yo, my ring is coming. You know it's like baby, you know what's coming. No, she knows it's coming. She knows, like it's happening.
Speaker 3: But why, Chelsea, what's your son again? I'm a Capricorn.
Speaker 5: About that, I was like, oh, yeah, sounds about correct, sounds about.
Speaker 4: I got three bitches friends just like you, Capricorn.
Speaker 3: But like if.
Speaker 5: You guys get engaged and then you get married, let's say this is like a two year process. Like are you like, yo, I'm jumping into the baby, like right away. You don't want to have like marital bliss. No, I want to have marital bliss. She's like six, my dude, So.
Speaker 3: Then no, it's some other way, girl.
Speaker 4: I know. I just so you're gonna have one and then I'll babysit yours.
Speaker 2: Listen, Babies are babies, are children are a blessing for sure. I think me and Jamila just have PTSD post traumatic baby daddy disorder. So you know, we love those niggas too at one point and now we don't, so I mean, will always have love for them, but it's just different. It's changed. Our relationship has changed. Those people we don't really know anymore, and they don't really know us anymore. And we've just outgrown one another. And you know, when you in your mind set up your life, I'm going to have a child, I'm going to raise this family. You imagine it as a two parent unit, and so I think the undoing of that idea has been very painful, but also the birth of this podcast and why we and now.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't change it for the.
Speaker 2: World, you know, but I think we all that to say is just like I think, be careful, but also enjoy it.
Speaker 3: It's the most beautiful. It is soiful. Are you anti birth control?
Speaker 5: I am, but I'm also a fertile ass bitch. But I don't think I'm not fertile. There's no way.
Speaker 2: But it is the most beautiful experience. I highly recommend it. I highly recommend.
Speaker 4: Motherhood for but there's still no preparation for it.
Speaker 3: No, can we just have a talk about this.
Speaker 5: So you maybe fucking someone consistently and you're always using a condom.
Speaker 1: You know they pull out method, Come on, that does not work. But it doesn't not all the time. Look at home, mom, you have a baby.
Speaker 3: I wasn't pulling out. I don't. I don't advocate for this message. Anyone listening.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, this is not this message.
Speaker 3: But I am not a medical doctor.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the.
Speaker 2: Pull up method works for some reason. Not shoot up the club like the club is closed.
Speaker 3: It depends.
Speaker 1: First of all, it depends who you're fucking and of how good their pull out game is.
Speaker 3: But also, you guys, this is a p s A announcement.
Speaker 1: Okay, women, bitches be thinking the like the tea is is that women are always trying to trap a nigga and make him stay and like start a family or have a checklist.
Speaker 4: But I have news for you, bitches.
Speaker 1: These niggas be trying to jam a bitch up right, maybe trying to lay their seat and baby, and then you'd be all confused because the dick is good, and you're like, okay, did you hear what Nick Cannon said?
Speaker 6: What is this what he does when he has X with people with Well, he was saying that he j t in kh Karsha. They were on his podcast or show and they were like, you should start wrapping it up, and he was like, I'm having these babies on purpose.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that? Having a punty Well.
Speaker 1: Obviously obviously the woman invited it and agreed to it.
Speaker 3: Was he on some hotep shit.
Speaker 4: The way he said it, I stopped watching.
Speaker 6: But I think his idea is like he's like stable, he has enough money to take care of them. But my thing is, you don't have enough hours in the day to take care of all the minds.
Speaker 2: Is he bringing these women together to raise all these children together? Do these women get along because at the end of the day, he can't possibly father all of them equally, And well, yeah, it's not possible. I don't give a fuck how much money you have. And these niggas really think that paying equals Daddy of the year.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck if you pay for all their goddamn schools, tuitions, all the babysitters. If you don't show up, it doesn't fucking matter. And even if you try your best to, someone along the way is going to suffer in some capacity. Maybe suffers dramatic, but yeah, in some way, not get all of you, not know all of you, And you're not going to know all of every single one of your children because you're having eight of them. And do they all even live in the same like do they live in the same states? Like I definitely subscribe to the village, Like, you know, coming back to what this month's theme is is like we had this, we had someone on at the beginning of the month, no, Nique Dowdy, and she is, you know, she is intentionally choosing to be a single parent and leaning on the community and.
Speaker 3: The village to help raise her child.
Speaker 2: And being in Costa Rica and seeing the community around her, I was like, Wow, she really does have a community here. People will pick up and help the community, and that's really like, that's how it's been from the beginning. And I fully support her and I support that idea. But unless the he is is he bringing these women together to help support all these children high.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He may may, and it's super irresponsible to me, it's super I responsible, And I don't know. I think about this a lot because I am there's five of us, but we all have different parents or different dads.
Speaker 3: So like there's the.
Speaker 5: Two from my dad, but one is from his first marriage and the other is adopted. So yes, same marriage, same family, but like technically, like lineage wise, like it's not the same. And then my mom had two kids on her own, two different people, and then me, so like we're all over the place, and like I definitely see there's a difference in the dynamic of people. Like one of my sisters her dad ain't shit trash. The other one was kind of like a picture dad like graduation, Yes, like showed up at the monumental monumental dad like that. And then my dad was like he's somehow still with my mother.
Speaker 3: God bless him. She's a lot.
Speaker 5: And like they really leaned into him as like a father figure, which I think is amazing. But I always like wonder, like, ugh, like how weird must that feel? So I really want to go the Courtney Kardashian room and just have one baby daddy, even if that Nigga's trash.
Speaker 6: That no no, no, no, no no no, not just so that they have the same dad.
Speaker 2: It's that one baby daddy. I mean, maybe Scott's great.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't watch the Kardashians.
Speaker 4: It seems like Scott is doing He's not a great he's not.
Speaker 5: He's not a great person, but he's like a leanden dad seeming like on Instagram.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 2: Correct, Like little girls when they look at their dads and they see how the women that they date and like how they navigate their life, that.
Speaker 3: Affects them too. I mean it's it's you can show up.
Speaker 2: There's so many there's so many layers to parenthood and motherhood, Like you can't just throw a check, you.
Speaker 3: Can't just show up, like daddy when you show up, Like how are you showing up? You know what I mean? And it's like, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Really I think it's it's such a gift to be a parent because so many people can't be parents, and it's I feel like you really should try to be intentional if you're gonna do it, if you're gonna choose to do it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and intentional doesn't necessarily mean like, oh, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Had a baby with him already, I'm gonna do this. I'm pregnant again by him, I'll just do it again. Like it doesn't always look like that, Like if for you your family, it looks different, you know what I mean, maybe not perfect, but different. And just because like for us, we have babies with someone that didn't work out with and if we do decide to have other kids, it's not gonna be with that nigga, it's because it didn't work out.
Speaker 4: And that's okay too, And like.
Speaker 1: Maybe this next stepdad will have you know, some fathering that has to do in this child's life. And I expect that and maybe they'll have a kid and I'll mother that. Like I think this idea that you know who's your the mother and father figure are just like so standard, like you get married, then you have a baby, and then this is perfect. Like it rarely happens that way, and I think as women we have to be open to it, like maybe looking differently, or maybe it's just like you platonically parent with your friend, but your babies are cared for, you know, and like maybe you're the uncle or your friend that's a guy comes through and as the male figure. So it's just more about like it's not necessarily like this checklist of meet and nick, get fall in love, get married, have a baby, happily ever after, you know, like sometimes that shit looks different and there's other people that have to contribute to that village and people pick up or other people left off, and like, obviously our goal is to fall in love and maintain a family and a household, and it be that way, but it's just not always that way.
Speaker 2: Well do you think because you saw your parents, you've obviously they've grown up with both your parents in the household, Like does that make you feel like you because you're not ready to have children, right, so you don't feel pressed to do that, but you've had an example of that in your own home. Is there is there a reason why or is it just because you're like I know that that's possible, and I'm a wait till it feels all the way.
Speaker 3: Right or yeah, until it feels right.
Speaker 5: And I think because like I love my parents and like they had uncle. Well, actually, technically my dad did do it very conventionally, like he married this woman had a kid at twenty two.
Speaker 3: I think it's old.
Speaker 5: So that was like normal back in the day, and then it didn't work out and now he's with my mom. But then when I see the dynamic with my mom and like she tried with the two other men and it didn't really work out, Like I'm always.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, it's so awkward.
Speaker 5: Like I know my sisters are like like they don't have that dynamic, and so I guess my paranoia is around like if I mix it up too much, I'm playing Roulette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but who knows they're playing roulette either way.
Speaker 3: Girl, Yeah, it's roulette the whole life.
Speaker 5: Let life like one way of doing it, And I guess that's what the tribe thing is about too, Like you basically alluded to this like okay, fine, like maybe baby daddy is like but then you might have like uncle blah blah blah or godfather this or that or other people that can kind of like help aid in that for sure.
Speaker 3: Wait, how old are you guys again? Twenty eight? Twenty five?
Speaker 5: I'm like, are telling the truth? I'm just I'm looking at at you. Are you going to tell the truth? Are you gonna lie?
Speaker 3: You can't lie? Why would you have?
Speaker 6: As just like an inside joke. I've been saying I was twenty five for a long time, like the past three years. It's not really I'm trying.
Speaker 3: Isn't mathing?
Speaker 5: I am twenty eight, I'll be twenty nine very soon. Leo, Hey, Leo gang.
Speaker 2: Wait, so tell me before we got into all this, I wanted to know how you guys met, oh, right, even in high school and.
Speaker 3: Met in high school.
Speaker 6: She I was at boarding school, and she was like a wild New York City.
Speaker 3: You were boarding school? Yes, you look like you'd be at boarding school. We look like boarding school.
Speaker 2: You know. I just got a flash me too. People would think I was at boarding school too.
Speaker 1: But also the first time I recorded with this bitch on zoom.
Speaker 3: She shows up in sunglasses.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you're in the house.
Speaker 3: She rolled up to the zoom like he's like, susun.
Speaker 4: She's like, she's like hey.
Speaker 2: I was like, so, I was like, so, you're just going to keep those sunn't hi?
Speaker 3: She did? She did?
Speaker 4: She more than the whole.
Speaker 3: Of course. I was like, coming out again, you're still see it.
Speaker 4: The shirt aggressively fight her.
Speaker 2: I mean her nipples aggressively fight clothing, like they literally like they want they do they do?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we.
Speaker 6: I was coming home from like a break anyways, I started dating a New York boy, her friend, and we became friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he was like, you need to meet her. She's really cool. She's from Brooklyn but doesn't live here, and like, you know, take her out on the town. And so I was like sure, Yeah, And like the the day I lost my or the day he thinks I lost my virginity at his house, she was also sleeping over, so she was there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, at what point did you ever confess to him that no?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean she probably knows by now, but like the story of like my first.
Speaker 3: You guys, so he'll definitely know now.
Speaker 1: Great, Mark, it wasn't you, so, my fucking Marie, you are not the father.
Speaker 6: I think that Like that story just like sounded nicer, like my high school boyfriend we went to prom together.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, recently recently did a whole I know? Yeah, so yeah, same, yeah didn't you guys?
Speaker 5: You lied to right virginity stories? You guys told virginity stories recently?
Speaker 3: How did you guys?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: How did you lose your virginity in real life?
Speaker 5: I lost my virginity to someone that everyone used to call Spanish J.
Speaker 3: Virginity Spanish J. Yeah, you know Spanish. Everybody used to know Spanish. I used to be dancing.
Speaker 4: Wait and you just knowing I didn't know what Spanish J. Correct I that's hilarious but cool.
Speaker 3: Now I said his name. I don't want to be like nobody Spanish because people don't know Spanish.
Speaker 5: My thing is like I'm still very unsure on his sexual orientation and like that's not my business.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm so Chelsea said he'd be body rolling.
Speaker 5: Right like listen, no one's are no one's at ten, but like he gives like right right in this middle in the mid four point five hello way, But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was comfortable with his impulsive.
Speaker 5: I don't know like what you all signs are, but I'm like very in yo.
Speaker 2: She's a cancer cancer, yes, Capricorn leo yo.
Speaker 5: And but I think my Gemini rising makes me actually very impulsive.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's me.
Speaker 4: That's my Gemini too, because bitch be like, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to go to space and go to Mars.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's on me going? Let me move this meeting. I've got ship to do.
Speaker 4: I'll do that.
Speaker 5: And I think at the time, I was like, I just want to lose my virginity. Everyone's making such a big deal about this kid.
Speaker 4: By the way, Spanish DoD Spanish Jay know that he was taking your virginia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: Like he lived on the Upper West Side, I like went up there to his place and like, you know, we did it, and I was like, well, this is underwhelming as fuck. But then the second time I fucked this Dominican guy uptown like one like, oh I'm Kacan guy.
Speaker 3: Now that was a different story.
Speaker 5: His dick was big as fuck, and that's when my cherry actually popped.
Speaker 3: Oh so.
Speaker 5: I don't know what we want to call the first you know, the first time, like doing the do in the first time. If we're considering the blood the bloody show breaking, then that's the real time.
Speaker 3: So I guess I have two. It's whenever you say you lost it.
Speaker 5: I was thirteen, uh with the Spanish J and then maybe fourteen with Big Dick Dominican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's about my name is Spanish J. Wow. Yeah, I can't believe you didn't know that. No, maybe you did tell me that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Big Dick Dominican's dick is still big now, only because when you're like fourteen, like you be thinking shit is big?
Speaker 3: You revisit that you'd be like nigga, Oh, I see, I was like, no, I dick, why have it?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering that because like I like, I will let you know, you think like man, when I think about like your best sex experiences as a teenager or like what you hold as like the best ones at that time, and then I think back, like was that Actually.
Speaker 3: No, I think the dicks are big. I think I think your perception is right.
Speaker 1: All the dicks I thought were big in high school are still big in adulthood.
Speaker 4: However, is the sex good is a difference? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, No, that was like Hallway and like a lot of just pumping, pump, a lot of pumping.
Speaker 4: Speaking of big dick, did you guys watch sex Life? Not yet, but can we watch it today?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're watching it.
Speaker 4: Okay, just keep your eyes open on episode three?
Speaker 3: Don't are you in it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: But a big dick?
Speaker 2: Is is it the big Dominican?
Speaker 3: Is it Big Dominican coming?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: I tried to watch that with this guy I'm seeing, but then he didn't want to see big dick Dominicans.
Speaker 3: There's so many stories like you're coming at me fast. I know you're getting very cut up. What y'all been in the black girl texting?
Speaker 2: Like dating now and like a lot of different guys different things.
Speaker 4: She squired it, I squirted hi welcome.
Speaker 5: But then I was like, the fuck. If the other guy listens, he's gonna know it wasn't him.
Speaker 3: It wasn't him. They knows you like that.
Speaker 4: Niggas be nosy.
Speaker 6: I've been listening to this podcast and make him manipulate you if if they like they try very sick.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, I think I don't know a god. I kind of told him, like, so we have this joke because he's very good friends with one of my other friends, and so when he comes out, he's like with the girls and like they're all my homies and we're all homies, and so he's like, damn, you got like a harem of bitches, because it'll be like me and like three other girls and we're kind of like bopping around and like I'll be.
Speaker 4: Like, what do you need?
Speaker 3: What do you girls need? What's going on?
Speaker 5: And he's like, damn, like you'd be taking carry your harem whatever?
Speaker 3: And so I was like, you're the only nigga in the harem.
Speaker 5: Liar, technically, in that harem, he is the only nigga. But I don't know if he took that as like I'm only fucking you.
Speaker 4: Because that's a lie.
Speaker 3: Okay, well he better relax. Relax.
Speaker 2: You had the whole lot of conversations. What happened not an assumption?
Speaker 3: Are you crying thinking about? Is dick? Why are your eyes that I'm crying? Your eyes are literally watering? Are my eyes watering? They a little watery? Okay, well I have big eyes. I don't know what to I didn't.
Speaker 6: I definitely didn't think you're crying over over she cries randomly, you would think she's the cancer.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe we're the same person. I'm like, do we again?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 1: Okay, like lift it up, I am or just let it be free?
Speaker 3: You know, no, because they don't have to.
Speaker 2: Then we're about to like our Instagram want to get deleted at any moment because of my nipple, but not even because you're nippleed, just everything. They just hate us. Instagram hates moms honestly.
Speaker 5: Instagram breastfeeding, No, they hate they.
Speaker 3: Nude posting moms.
Speaker 4: Did you know?
Speaker 1: The US has the highest maternal mortality rate of any developed country, not a only that black women are three times more likely to die of pregnancy related complications than white women.
Speaker 2: Also, during the pandemic, disparities in maternal healthcare have widened even more. That's why I'm so thrilled that this earth angel, Heidi Murkoff exists. She's also the author of the Pregnancy Bible. Yes y'all, I know y'all all about this book, What to Expect when You're Expecting. Heidi established bump Day through her foundation What to Expect Project seven years ago, and if you're wondering how you can help change this huge issue, this is how. On July twenty first, moms everywhere are encouraged to flood social media with photos of their beautiful baby bumps past and present for bump Day, using the hashtag bump day and tagging what to expect and what to Expect project.
Speaker 1: They're also encouraging us to contact elected officials and urge them to take policy action that supports safe pregnancies and healthy babies.
Speaker 2: That's right, you guys, So contact your elected of fifth and make sure you post those beautiful baby bumps.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see all these pictures.
Speaker 2: I know you guys have some beautiful images to share on July twenty first, And guess what We're having Heidimerkoff on as a guest next week. I can't wait to talk to her and find out everything about her journey in what to expect when you're expecting, and how all of this came to be. So make sure you post those pictures and tune in next week to hear Heidi's episode.
Speaker 1: So you know I like to be naked all summer long, right, duh? I'm so happy I've been using Ladies Sweet for over a year now because it's really made me feel more confident about my bikini area. I mean it's gotten rid of like hair bumps, razor burn, dark spots from shaving, and now I feel super confident about prancing around and only my bikini bottoms.
Speaker 2: Same girl, because the way my pubic cares are set up curly cute and all these ingrowns were ruining my life and Lady Sweet has changed my life because now I feel more confident in eating suits even during intimate time with partners. I feel confident that my bikini line is smooth, and not only that it's moisturized. I think as women, we often forget that our most intimate areas need moisturizing too. And Lady Sweet is the shit, and it's women owned and it's backed by experts and dermatologists. And guess what you guys Today you get fifteen percent off their entire site. And the product that I love the most is the rejuvenating botanical oil. That right there is my shit. So make sure you go to Ladysweet Beauty dot com to get fifteen percent off their entire site and use good Moms fifteen at checkout.
Speaker 5: So have you been exploring your Field app? You know that I've been exploring my Field app.
Speaker 1: I know you're like the og Field of the two of us. I'm like late to the game, and the game is lit. It's for like alternative lifestyle, it's for couples, it's for singles. I'm on here and right now I'm looking at a subpig enjoys kink tpe submissive BDSM toys sub pig. Yeah, Chastity asked worship pegging and face itting. I think I might take a note out of Miss Marley's book, and.
Speaker 2: I think you're made for this. You can also really find your partner over there. It's not just like an app for sex. It really is an app for connection and meeting like minded people or just exploring what it is that you like.
Speaker 1: So you never know where you're gonna get out of it, honestly, if you go on open minded.
Speaker 2: So make sure you go to Field dot com, slash good Moms. That's f E E L D dot com slash good Moms, or just click the link in our episode description to get the Field app for free today.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Instagram.
Speaker 6: Okay, so my virginity story I was in Spain, and I went.
Speaker 3: To like, wait, this is the real one. I was like, no, bitch, MO was in Coney Island. I'm like, Spain, this is already so sexy. Mine was in the backyard.
Speaker 6: It was sixteen wow in Spain, and we like went to a party.
Speaker 3: It was like a cafricar and it was curated.
Speaker 6: Actually didn't tell anyone that I had lost my virginity, like I told.
Speaker 3: No one for like years.
Speaker 6: Anyway, So we went to this like abandoned house place and this guy dogis Johansson.
Speaker 3: He was from Switzerland or.
Speaker 5: Joe Colonizer Virginity white man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is happening on the flip side? You figured you're in Spain?
Speaker 3: Fuck it? You know?
Speaker 2: The key key elements sound really sexy though, like dogious same the virginity was it summer like?
Speaker 6: But the fact that but what was traumatizing about it was that I literally told no one.
Speaker 3: But okay, so why was it so bad? Was it? What was so terrible?
Speaker 6: I don't want to lose it that way to some random guy?
Speaker 3: Why did you do it? Seen and dumb?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I just thought, I'm like, did you say no, I'm drunk.
Speaker 3: It was like my first time drinking was like in Spain.
Speaker 2: Really it doesn't count taking you under my wing much soon it doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't know. I know it doesn't count. You'd have been ready.
Speaker 6: I barely even felt it. I was like, am I Like, is my vagina too big?
Speaker 3: Or something? Have you?
Speaker 4: Have you had sex with the white? Sent then with a white?
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the white?
Speaker 2: I call him with the white. I thought that way once too. I remember I'll never forget. Actually don't want to say his name because someone will know, but not because he's anyone, but just someone from my high school will be like, she.
Speaker 3: Talked about you. But there was this one Filipino guy at my high school.
Speaker 2: There was a few, but he was one of them, and I had sex with him, and I remember like riding him and like it just could not stay in and then we tried to switch positions and still I was like what the fuck? And I was like is it me? Is my vagina too big?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it? Am? I?
Speaker 2: Luc it just can be falling out, like what is my happening? Yeah, I mean there's I had no I had no idea that.
Speaker 5: I've had a similar kind of microp. Yeah, I didn't ask him if it was in, and that didn't really help.
Speaker 3: That's me I did.
Speaker 5: I genuinely. He was on top of me, and you know how sometimes they're.
Speaker 3: Like trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like is it in? And he was like yeah, And I was like, you know this person too.
Speaker 3: I was like I got there.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think I know who it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, we're not allowed to body shame because they're sex positive, sex.
Speaker 2: Positive and if you like that size dick, small dicks, you get love too, and they deserve it.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: We recently went to the Nude Beach here in Jersey and it was fucking great. But I was first I was like being respectful of Then Eric was like, there's way more uncircumcised dicks than I thought, and I was like, bitch, are you's looking? And then so I couldn't stop looking. So I was just like looking at the dicks. And then I was like, how would you?
Speaker 3: I don't understand how you weren't looking. I was not being rude, I was.
Speaker 1: I was just like, it's just like I was.
Speaker 3: You know, just smanning my business.
Speaker 1: But then when I did start to look, I was like, wow, that is a very little little set into vagina.
Speaker 3: Is not a vagina.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you want to see something crazy, it's literally on YouTube, go to like it's Howard Stern micro penis contest.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think have seen this. Oh no, the penises that look like vaginas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's really heavy lappage around the penis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean whatever works for you, right, I mean so yeah, whatever works.
Speaker 3: Maybe it feels great. Here comes Gwendolyn.
Speaker 4: She coming five fifty give her take five fifty.
Speaker 1: Great, she's got off that job that she's They love her there, so.
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 3: So I was looking up.
Speaker 2: I was just been to like researching like friendships and stuff, and apparently you guys, I didn't know this, but there are four types of friendship styles or specifically that's what this psychologists said, so it has to be true and also google, so I trust it. I wanted to read them too, because I wanted to see what kind of friendship style you guys think you have. The first one is a discerning friendship style. These are people with a few very close friends. Emotional closeness is high, the friendship tend to have lasted a long time, and These folks are less likely to form new friendships in mid.
Speaker 3: To late life. But what are they called it?
Speaker 2: A discerning friendship? Basically, you major friendship friends a long time ago. You don't really fuck with new niggas. It's is y y'all are very very close friends, like who are you hanging out with now? Number two is the independent friendship style, and those with an independent style don't maintain that that many friendships either. But they're also less likely to be emotionally close to the friends they have. They're content to socialize casually. Often their friendships are circumstantial form with people they know from school, work, neighbors, but not maintained in circumstances wait, and not maintained if so, circumstances change.
Speaker 3: So that's not She's not like a.
Speaker 4: Bitch opportunist only for particular reason.
Speaker 3: I no offense if.
Speaker 5: I think I have elements of.
Speaker 2: The third one is select selectively acquisitive friendship style. These are the people who are out there meeting new people all the time and uh. Some in their circle are intimate friends. Some are much more casual, but they are all thought of his friends. Acquisitive people also tend to have friendships of varied duration. Some last decades, others are more fleeting and circumstantial. Selectively acquisite people, however, are somewhat choosy about which friendships they maintain over long, longer periods of time as compared to unconditionally acquisitive people. So yeah, it means like, you can make a lot of friends, but they can come, they go.
Speaker 8: Who cares additional or unconditional That is selectively acquisitive acquisitive, and then the last one is unconditionally acquisitive friendship style.
Speaker 2: This group has the largest number of friends of the four types. Although the emotional closeness differs friend to friend, it is on average relatively low. There's also a wide range of friendship duration in this group. Overall, this group is more about socializing than emotional support.
Speaker 3: So are you an unconditional inquisitive meaning?
Speaker 2: I think that means that basically, you have a lot of friends, but no one's that close, but you're friendly as fuck.
Speaker 3: Selectively means you're friendly.
Speaker 2: As fuck, but like you don't need to keep everyone, but you do, like are close to certain people.
Speaker 3: Independent means I don't know, you kind.
Speaker 2: Of just don't really fuck with nobody, just like go to work, they're your friends, then you're not at work the angel friends.
Speaker 3: And then discerning is you only made.
Speaker 4: Friends in kindergarten and after that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why do they all suck? They're all not the best, but I guess they're realistic.
Speaker 5: I mean, the reason why I said the second one, the independent, is because I do you get close with people like at work and then like there are somewhere it's just like all right, I don't work here, no.
Speaker 3: More, stop calling. That has done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's not necessarily like after work we are always hanging out, Like I have the work friends that it's like, let's go grab a drink. But like you ain't my nigga, Like I'm gonna tell you, like all you're not gonna call me shda. Like at work, people call me by they don't know her real name, yeah, just by my first name. But it's like a nickname play on my first name.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I don't even know you right, perfect exactly, So like it's like they don't even get past like knowing like how my name is call me right, but like we cool, we go grab a drink whatever, and then like if I move on to another job, it's like it's been fun by.
Speaker 3: But like, what's wrong with that? No? I agree.
Speaker 5: I guess it's like a closer acquaintance. Yeah yeah, like I guess you wouldn't call them a friend.
Speaker 3: I have none of.
Speaker 4: Those, Well college only four, So well.
Speaker 6: She needs to go back to school because I think that's incorrect. They all sound so bad.
Speaker 3: So which one would you?
Speaker 2: I think that I'm selectively acquisitive, like I like this with no friends. No, it's when I'm meeting people and some some are intimate friends and some are more casual.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think maybe I'm not the third one. That's the third one. Okay, I'm the third one, and.
Speaker 2: I'm choosy about which ones I want to maintain. And I am because I'd be like, oh, like that bitch, she was cool like on Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: I've gotten better with being more choosy as i've gotten older, because before I'm like, we met for like literally, I'm the type of person if we pass somebody, if we pass like talk briefly, talk to somebody in like a crowd, I'm like, oh my god, that's such a good time too, Like if I walk away, and now I'm like, oh, take my Instagram even if I don't ever message them again.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what if I was supposed to be friends with them? Man, I didn't say bye?
Speaker 1: Like that's how I think, Like, Wow, that's supposed to be my friend.
Speaker 2: I have no concept of what that feels like at all. I'm whenever I'm like, damn, maybe like a nigga does that said?
Speaker 3: Okay, like.
Speaker 5: That is not packed there, Like maybe that nigga supposed to be my husband. I didn't give you my number.
Speaker 6: Well, we had a friendship coach on and she was incredible. Actually, if you're doing like a friend month, you should definitely have her own.
Speaker 5: Might be a little like whoa, this is a rodeo a little wow, but but she just she very square.
Speaker 4: You all are wild.
Speaker 3: You can't know I was nipple wild. You put the pillow over it, so we don't have to do editing and things. We're gonna have to put a little and the pillow. Okay. I think it's in now if you stay seated like this.
Speaker 6: Okay, So with your friends, I know it's probably different with you too, because you're like, you know, two peas in a pod. But with your other friends, when you get into like issue, do you like like deal with it, Like, are you like, hey, let's talk or is it just like I'm not fucking you, You're just a friend, so moving on you're cut off?
Speaker 3: No, it's not moving on cut off. I definitely made a deal with it, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'll probably wait a little while to like see how I should deal with it. Sometimes I can be passive aggressive, I don't and then not, and then eventually I'll have to say something because I know I'm being a bitch. But I definitely would never just cut off a friend without having a conversation. Okay, And if I do cut you off, you're I'm gonna tell you I'm cutting you off. I'm pretty like open about the cutoff. Yeah, I'm really bad at that. So if I care, if I cared about you, like if I don't, if it's casual whatever. But I've literally had a conversation with a girl we know her, and I was just like, I don't have any interest in being a friend.
Speaker 3: What is that? You said it? Who we met through kind of damn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah like that though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, we don't really have mutual interests.
Speaker 2: When we don't have a lot in common, you're just not my type of person. So was there like a did something happen or did there was a few things happened that I was just like and it wasn't like anything terrible, but it was just like, I don't really, I don't.
Speaker 3: Then she kept she kept calling me hang on. I was like, I just need to tell this bitch.
Speaker 1: This is also someone who we know has also like I know two other separate friends who have also cut the same bitch off with like the same directness.
Speaker 4: It's it's obviously this bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm talking about. It it's her, Yeah, she's her.
Speaker 3: But any guilt, like maybe she's traumatized.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel guilt because I felt like I was ethical about it. Yeah, like you know, like I didn't ghost her, you know, I felt like, Wow, I really was mature about it.
Speaker 1: How about in your inner like because obviously you guys work together, you're very very close friends.
Speaker 4: So like between the three of you, would.
Speaker 1: You guys, would would you say it's easy to directly like address issues, because like that's not something we're taught in friendships, you know what I mean, Like conflict does not like conflict resolution is what they teaching corporate, but not like in your personal life. And sometimes even sometimes you get so close to people you don't know how to go about conflict or you really forget to like love on them or show them affection because you're just like, yeah, bit, you' my friend.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But you will fucking love on and resolve a conflict with a man real quick.
Speaker 3: Your friends, you'd be like, mm, fuck her. Yeah that's to me.
Speaker 6: That's a problem. Yeah, but I do it. But it's a problem.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: When we get into ship, we we've like cussed each other out, but we've like known each other for a long time, so it's like, it's probably not good to do that.
Speaker 4: And afterwards I always apologize.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that I don't. I usually do it first and you do it second. That's great. Do you do it first, not first? I do it first. I thought that's the I can't lie.
Speaker 4: But I'm just like, I'm sorry that I called you a dumb ass bitch. I don't mean that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was just really frustrated in the moment because of X y Z. I think, I but you know what you you do. But I'm also like, yeah, you call me dump messpage like whatever, yeah, because she actually doesn't care versus me, I will like hold on to it for.
Speaker 3: My years prices, I'm real nasty and you needed to curse me out and we just go keep it moving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then Glenn is like same, She'll you can tell her sorry, I called you a dumb ass.
Speaker 3: Glenn is in the middle.
Speaker 5: We all have like different dynamics, but like i'd say, I don't know, Glenn is usually so quiet, and then it's.
Speaker 3: Like are you are you mad? Are you not mad? What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 5: Like yeah, I feel like we probably had to be like what's happening many times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But but I do want to be better about like.
Speaker 6: Recognizing like the positive things like I'll say it here, like on Father's Day when you texted me because my father died and like that meant so much to me.
Speaker 3: But I never like said that.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, and like and that's what I was telling her, Like I think so often like we don't like tell our friends like I love you, and we don't tell them like the things that we appreciate about one another. We just assume that they're known, and like, I feel like it's really important. It's been a practice for me because for me, like I haven't always been like I guess the girls girl in ways I've obviously, I feel like I've always had female friends for sure, but there was like a level of boundary that I always put up a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know that I was like, Mmm, don't touch me, please, yeah, touch me, and like especially that what do you think that's from? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just really felt uncomfortable with women touching me, like like I have a friend, I have a friend or girls like my friend Stephanie. She's like such a lover and like so affectionate I remember in high school and I would be like, she's so fucking weird, like she why is she always touching people me? Like you're crossing my boundaries? And I was like, what is this fucking weird boundary? Like did she like there's no trauma from her here? Like and also there's really no trauma in that space, I think, But like I don't know, and I've had to work through that, and I think I think honestly having a daughter has really helped me heal whatever that A lot of whatever that was for me with women and femininity and yeah, I guess affection Damn.
Speaker 3: Maybe I need a daughter or a therapist.
Speaker 6: Because I feel the exact same way, Like I have like an affectionate issue, like I don't really touch people or like, and I have this new friend Gabby shout out to her. She always says I love you. She always hugs me, and it feels good. It's not like I feel grossed out. I just like feel like I freeze. I don't like, am I supposed to say back?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you tighter?
Speaker 3: Like it's very strange.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like during her bachelorette she like like told me all this like sweet stuff how much she loves me, and I was like, are you on Molly, Like no, bitch, Like I just fucking love you.
Speaker 3: And it was so weird.
Speaker 6: But anyways, the point of that was when I have children, I want them to be affectionate. So I'm like, I need to fix whatever this is because I want to model it for them. But it wasn't modeled for me, so I don't know how to do it. It's a practice, it really is. It's a practice.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's it's definitely a practice for me too in my friendships and like checking in with my friends and making sure that I'm like, you know, being kind to them because I know that I can be very like same, you know, and like me and me love have be been together for literally like sixteen days straight and crazy and like I've had I know more than that.
Speaker 1: We've been in Coasta, Rica for two weeks and we're about to come up on our third week.
Speaker 3: Traveling.
Speaker 2: That's like yeah, and it's like we're getting on each other's nerves and it's like but me, Like the thing about us is like we're not going to curse each other out. We're just gonna like be like okay, like or nye or I'm just gonna be like I'll be back.
Speaker 6: Well, you can't curse out of cancer and you're just like a demon person.
Speaker 4: No, you can't curse out of cancer.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: She probably would be better at cursing me out than I would be. Really, I'm in scorpio, but I'm like, I'm more like an energy vamp, like I will fuck you up with my energy, but like she will fuck you up with her words.
Speaker 3: Like she's really quick with it. She's quick with the words.
Speaker 2: I'd be like sometimes she'll be going off on like someone else about someone else.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Damn, that was really good. God Damn, Like shit, I didn't have that in me.
Speaker 5: I that you know that about yourself. I think that helps too, right, Like I'm terrible with confrontation. I like, can't do it. But if you force me to confront it. Wow, It's very similar to my sex life.
Speaker 3: But I feel like with you.
Speaker 6: I feel like with you, like when someone confronts you, it's like you run away from them versus like hearing what they're saying and making the you do. Yes, I think you're getting better at it since you've started therapy, though, Oh okay no.
Speaker 5: Because I feel like if you, if you present the problem to me, then at least I can be like, okay, fine, Yeah. Maybe I don't immediately receive it, but I can, like I can sit on it, but like, I will never be the first person to bring it up.
Speaker 3: I just I'm like, oh like it, But you know what.
Speaker 1: On the contrary, I have a Leo best friend who could literally curse me out of a five minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you want to go get a drink? You want to hit this lune.
Speaker 1: I'm like, and it's fine, but I have another can I mean Capricorn best friend who oddly will not say shit.
Speaker 5: And like, wait, like four years and I'm like, bitch, are we even friends?
Speaker 1: Like why the fuck are you? Like what the fuck are you talking about? And it just like started to irritate me about her, Like I don't really like confrontation either, but I'm even learning about myself as a woman, like I am very sensitive.
Speaker 4: I know I get defensive, but.
Speaker 1: Also like even for myself, I'll hold on to some shit for years, but I'm like, bitch, you need to if it's gonna bother you that much, you can remember it two years from now, you.
Speaker 3: Need to say it the fuck right now.
Speaker 1: But like sometimes like I don't know what it is about just saying like, hey girl, you said something to me the other day that hurt my feelings. You said something to me the other day that hurt my feelings. Actually, what did I tell you? I've been holding on in for two days now, come on, no, we can't.
Speaker 3: Let's deal with it.
Speaker 1: The other day two days ago, forty eight hours ago, you said, well, I was like, what was I I was about to go somewhere with my friend and she was like you need to stay, Like don't be like your baby daddy, Like you say, your baby daddy, doesn't drop her, just drop her off.
Speaker 3: And I was like, don't ever got married?
Speaker 5: I dy.
Speaker 3: Inside.
Speaker 1: I was like, but I didn't say anything for today's cause so obviously I know she loves me, and I know everything she says to me is because she's like, but.
Speaker 3: I hurt your feelings.
Speaker 1: She was looking out for me and looking out for my kid and like always has my best interests in mine. But I'm like, as a woman, as a like person, what the fuck about my grown ass, thirty three year old ass? And I'm not like, bitch, that hurt my feelings. But Erica is good at what she will do. If she says something, even if I'm not even thinking about it, she'd like, I'm sorry that I said this too. I apologize.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: I like, thank you well, and I'm sorry that I said that, because I know that that's not that that wasn't a good comparison at the time, And like, I think me and her had been like off of like this trip of like we've both had these intense interactions with our children's father, and we had just gotten our kids back, and like I was just feeling like very everything was like very sensitive to me, and like.
Speaker 3: I just was like on edge.
Speaker 2: And so I'm sorry that I said that to you, And I wasn't saying I didn't that wasn't the right comparison, But I really was saying that in love.
Speaker 3: No, I know, and I know that I know that.
Speaker 2: Concern for your for Luna because I love her so much and she's always can come with me. I know, I know, I know that was it, but it wasn't the right way. And I know I know myself. I know when I do it, and I'm like I was, but I was like then.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, I have to say something. I'm like maybe she didn't notice, and it's like.
Speaker 6: It's just like like the different conflict. That's oh my god, this is so cool.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of this, because I you know, I wanted to ask you guys some questions about and just like I feel like these are conversations too that like are uncomfortable, right, like that we don't always have with our friends, and we don't ask these certain questions because you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, like they're uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get upset, and it's like but we want to like sit in front of you know, our partners and men and we want to dig deep.
Speaker 3: And I don't do this with niggas either.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're a liar.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: That was my biggest issue with my ex. He was like you just like the like right before we broke up, he did some stupid shit. I couldn't even do it. I was like, I grab my ship. I was like, I'm leaving and he was like on the floor, like no, and I was like, I don't want to talk to you. He was like, what is the issue? I was like, fuck, youn't even like sit and I'm packing that I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's because you had had enough though, But I feel like, okay, I feel like you do it more with men than you do Yes.
Speaker 3: But we all do that.
Speaker 5: It's more of the second chances, but less of me being like vocal about my frustrations. And so he's always like, I cannot read your mind, shutdah, And I'm like, why try?
Speaker 3: And I can't pretty obvious, Hell have you known me?
Speaker 4: You should be able to read my He're.
Speaker 5: On some buckshit and that's why I'm mad. And I don't even need to tell your bitch ass.
Speaker 1: But it's so necessary as women and as like human beings that we can, like even to say that to Eric has like I had to first recognize that's a trigger, that it triggered me, yes, and then like work, you know what I mean, like a lot of times, or that shit makes made me uncomfortable or that. Like I had an ex boyfriend and I was going through something and I told him on the phone like I'm so mad, like something with my mom, which was so personal.
Speaker 4: But then like later that night he came to pick me up and he was like, let's talk. And I was like, oh, Tom, But.
Speaker 1: It was like I told this nigga about my problem and now I want to talk about it because that's what you do on relationships.
Speaker 3: But I had to.
Speaker 4: I had to deal with myself that I am a.
Speaker 1: Very touchy, cuddly, I love you person, but like sometimes when it comes to really digging deep about my own shit, I'm not really I'll dig deep into your shit all day.
Speaker 4: I love on you, you need to cuddle, but when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Me, I'm not that comfortable about like a addressing my feelings. But it's just a strange thing because I thought that that was something I was good at because I'm good at it with other people. So it's just like being self aware is such a like you to be self aware in your like platonic friendships with your girlfriends and in your love relationships and with yourself is the only way that you can like actually improve as a human being.
Speaker 5: I have a question, and I might fuck your whole shit up because I see you holding your phone like you're ready for like the things I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I remember here.
Speaker 5: I'm like cool, Okay, I'm gonna ask my question and I want to get to your point.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you is it sup? Personal?
Speaker 4: Do you beat your kids?
Speaker 3: Not be like good ass? Do I spank my child? I guess I have.
Speaker 2: I've definitely spanked my child. I have definitely versus beat that's he got beat. Okay, what's the different like close fist, open hand, like that's the difference. Is that the difference between because my daughter's beat me and I definitely hit her back because I told her I was I don't ever hit me unless you want to get hit back, period, And that's just life, and that's just life in general.
Speaker 3: Have I spanked her? Yes?
Speaker 2: I have I I know, like there's you know, people that are like anti hitting kids, and I support that as well. But I'm a black woman, I'm a black mother, And don't say I'm just saying. I'm not saying it's the black way, but this is these are the ways.
Speaker 3: Like my father.
Speaker 2: I was fearful of my father because all he had to do was what my ass one time. And I was like, oh no, no, no, okay, But that's the and the queer is the way. But and and and I don't necessarily think fear is the way. That's not that's not how I want my daughter to navigate in our relationship. But there is a level of respect. And these kids be wilding the fuck out and there is no reasoning with a three year old who's having a fucking meltdown at the mall in front of everyone for the fourth hundredth time. And I'm tired and I haven't slept because you were up all night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like we moms lose their shit sometimes. Absolutely I understand that. But I think a lot of my and I've talked to my therapists about this, so this is like nothing new, but I think a lot of my challenges with emoting and like handling conflict was like the minute I got frustrated and something happened, my mom was just like beating my ass. So I wasn't able to be like, well, Mom, I'm.
Speaker 3: Upset, I'm feeling this, I'm feeling this.
Speaker 5: And so it was and listen, she and I she already knows vibes. She came from a crazy ass family herself. So like, it's just like one of those things where I realized that that not only impacts your relationship with your parents, your friends, your loved ones, where it's like I feel like a lot of times I wasn't given like the your voice, your voice didn't matter correct, and it was just like what are you crying for.
Speaker 4: Or that day?
Speaker 1: And I'll give you a reason to cry, yeah, And I was like, my nigga, I'm already crying about it.
Speaker 3: This shit is fucking crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so I talked to my therapist about this a lot because I'm like, yo, I have such a hard time like even identifying those emotions because it was like I feel like so stunted and that shit is fucking hard.
Speaker 3: And that's why is my point.
Speaker 6: I feel like you like being around people that only give you the happy emotion all the time. Mmm, Like if they give any challenge, like, oh I'm confronting you because of this, you like run.
Speaker 3: Away from them. No, no, not my vibe? Yeah too much. I wonder if I'm connected. I have Pamela tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I mean I say this all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, the childhood trauma coming out in adulthood is real, and like I didn't I did get beat, but like not all the time. I got ignored a lot, and I gotta like, oh, you're okay, shut the fuck up, and like that was just like the way we communicate in our family.
Speaker 3: And so that probably is.
Speaker 1: The reason why I don't like I'm emotional and shit, but I'm not necessarily super expressive about my emotions.
Speaker 3: Like I'll talk all day with you and get.
Speaker 1: Deep, but it doesn't have to be like necessarily emotionally deep about myself. But like I'm realizing and shout out to Jessica Rose because she's big on like the not hitting your kids, and I totally understand that.
Speaker 4: And like, for obvious reasons, you can't just go like shut.
Speaker 3: The fuck up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I can't do that at work, can't do that at McDonald's. You just can't be beaten people. And I've definitely spanked my kid and I noticed early like damn if I don't do it really hard, she's just not faced.
Speaker 2: But as as she also it hurts you more than them half the time.
Speaker 3: And I know, but as she.
Speaker 4: Gets older, and I'm like, I birthed the.
Speaker 1: Black child, Why are you acting Caucasian? This is not what I fucking signed up for. Like one time she went in her room like was kicking the door. Yeah, no, I was like, who the hoo?
Speaker 3: On the fuck? Where do they get that from? Do you think they see it on TV?
Speaker 4: I think Friends TV?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, all of the above, and just the spirit the spirit, and so let's see what happens. How bad can she beat me? And I've realized, like just like a pop, she don't really give a fuck.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, I gotta really abuse you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it. I gotta go there.
Speaker 4: Huh, You're really gonna make a bitch try it.
Speaker 1: But like as I get older, like as she gets older, I'm just like trying not because I'm very impatient. I tell Eric on the way out here, I'm like they were talking, they're just like singing off key for like twenty minutes straight.
Speaker 4: I'm like I can't, literally drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the fuck you have to be so loud for like so irritating. But I'm like, bitch, you need patience and you need to calm down, you know, like I'm like trying to talk myself down, but also like you have to give your kids space to communicate and to feel. But also like you could do all that, but shit's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: You just won't get shit.
Speaker 1: And I try to tell them like because we spoiled the fuck out of our kids, Like our kids just flew out here together. They're in camp, they're in cinema camp, and shit, like they are free children. But also like it's hard to get like it's hard to discipline, and also not I don't recommend it, but good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't. Really I got like three beating. Oh girl.
Speaker 5: I used to lock myself in the bathroom because I was like, I'm about to get fucked that you are.
Speaker 3: A different kind of kid.
Speaker 6: Though you would talk back, I mean not saying you deserved it, but you would talk differently than I would speak to.
Speaker 3: My Well, yes, yes, yes, but my mom, you're just spicy. I was.
Speaker 5: I think one day I said to my mom, my mom was beating me as a teenager.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is the ghetto.
Speaker 5: And I was like, you need to use your words.
Speaker 4: She was like what did you say?
Speaker 3: And I was like, use your words? What is that? Probably pissed her off, like why are we like why are we low key fighting? What is happening?
Speaker 5: Like, I'm sixteen years old, I'm gonna least.
Speaker 1: I've never been that way, Like I will beat you up, like I told her, like, my natural instinct is to hit you back. So good luck that happened. I told my mom that, I'm like, you realize, like if you hit me, I'm gonna hit you back.
Speaker 3: Ye at a certain age, Yeah, you give it up.
Speaker 6: She didn't be my ash. Yeah, we've had a tussel or two. I'm embarrassed. This is very ghetto.
Speaker 1: I am embarrassed to admit that I have fought my mom like in adulhood, like more than once twice specifically.
Speaker 4: She'd beat my ass both times. She's not that much bigger than me.
Speaker 1: She's definitely done that time.
Speaker 3: Has that mommy power. She has that tago would be working out. Your mom can outrun you any day. I'm like, I'm actually be her ass.
Speaker 2: Her mom would be up, I'd be the personal trainer. Her mom would be up next. And I was like, where's to me. She's like, I don't know, Like your.
Speaker 3: Mom was up at seventy am working out.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I never want that, Like I never want to be a fucking a grown up. I mean, I'm already grown out someone but learned to be grown And we're fucking so in the ghetto though we're fighting each other.
Speaker 3: We've got to get out of the ghetto. We got to.
Speaker 1: We got a heel, like the cycle, we have to and like here we are talking confronting our friendship issues on fucking microphone.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, thank you ladies for coming on the pod.
Speaker 3: I think this is Gwendolen's bitch ass.
Speaker 4: Oh decided Gwendolin it's gonna be employee of the month because she won't listen to.
Speaker 3: Well or can we do the tarot card thing?
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're gonna do it later, Okay, Yeah, but I did want to ask I did last time.
Speaker 4: I don't know when you came on our show.
Speaker 1: You guys had such a wonderful, memorable, beautiful, uh horrse story?
Speaker 3: Oh what was it? Was it YouTube? Yeah? The train? The train?
Speaker 6: But that nobody or was that glennon? Oh we told both? Okay, tell AHOs story. You've had a few recently, so like I want I want a new one.
Speaker 1: First of all, I feel like me and Shade should never hang out on the supervised.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, where are you guys?
Speaker 4: Like we just came to Spain.
Speaker 3: We met a guy on the train and he said, come, they are going to be like where these bitches.
Speaker 5: A whole story? Well one, I just told the sporting story. So I feel like, should I retell I have one from like two days ago?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, share it. We love freshies, freshies. Okay. So I've been seeing this guy.
Speaker 5: And it's been it's been going pretty pretty nice. And we were all hanging out. Glenn was actually with us, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to my place to watch a movie.
Speaker 5: Whole time I was ready to trap trap that nigga in Matt Chris and so Glenn had to get something and he like carried her ac into her apartment. So gentleman, such a gentleman, and then she was like, uh, so, like do you still want me to come watch a movie with you? And I was like, oh, well, I know, like you you're home and like, you know, you probably don't really want to, and she was like I mean, she was like, I mean I can't, and I was like, no, it should be comfortable. At the same time, I was trying not to look like a fiend, but I was like and she was like, yeah, I'm gonna say my ass here. And then he was like, oh, well, I'll still watch the movie with you. So we went back. Wasn't no fucking movie going on. Next thing, I know, couch busting it wide open, long boom.
Speaker 3: That ship was amazing. I was like, wow, wow.
Speaker 5: On my like brand new, not that new, but my nice leather cow. Then we take that ship upstairs. Glen will hear this because we have we had you got upstairs, you rich New York City.
Speaker 3: Glenn knows this.
Speaker 5: I hadn't sucked his dick yet because I was really scared of it.
Speaker 3: Really big.
Speaker 5: It's big, but like we didn't have had like the FLA exchange. And then he was like that's sixty nine and I was like yeah, yeah, yeah. So like that was so fire and we were just like fucking all over my bed, like all on the edge, all over. I had to go open up the fucking new fan. I got a new fan. I was like, bitch, let me get this fan. We're naked like opening while I'm doing so many Like we had to literally open up like the new fan.
Speaker 3: I just got delivered because it was so hot.
Speaker 5: But like we just can fuck like non stop and it is so good, but it's so different than the other guy and fucking that made me squirt and like I almost want to like conjoin the maybe lets.
Speaker 3: Them run a train.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, would you do a male male female because that's when.
Speaker 3: I would definitely do a ma male female.
Speaker 4: That's my wish to baby Jesus.
Speaker 3: She would not do it.
Speaker 4: I was like, you.
Speaker 3: Would do that? Would you do dp? I would do it all. Just bring me two niggas that are down.
Speaker 2: I was working on it. I was working on it, but then when theyggat started tripping.
Speaker 3: Let's alsay a prayer, Please God, Hey guys, dear God, do that.
Speaker 1: Please God, you shut the fuck up and don't interrupt our ship with God. Dear God, please, can you please include black girls texting and good Mom's about choices minus Chelsea for a male male female beautiful three way love, platonic, respectful, all about us three way if it includes DP or maybe one person on the titty, one person on the pussy, Yes, we would.
Speaker 4: Really we would really love you and we would.
Speaker 3: Really love that.
Speaker 1: And so also include a miss and like maybe a fourhand massage just to jump it off, and maybe some ice.
Speaker 3: Maybe like grapes being fed to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those eyes are actually fruit to get on your knees.
Speaker 4: Fruit should the mic won't go there.
Speaker 1: Fruit should also be included, Dear God, Amen, and air conditioning Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Amen, that's the affirmation for the day. That is it the way I want a four him number one. Anytime I get a massage and get turned on, it could be an eighty or a woman I'm like immediately turned on. And my dream is a forehand massage from two niggas with a happy ending.
Speaker 2: I recently had had a happy in Costa Rica and what I highly recommend.
Speaker 3: That's my dream.
Speaker 2: I've already shared on the podcast, but I'll tell you about all about it later.
Speaker 3: It's it's just it's the.
Speaker 2: Complete, it completes the massage. There's no reason to have a massage and not have a happy est. Literally literally, it just completes it. It really is the ultimate ending release.
Speaker 5: Because you're so stimulated and then like a blue ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when I get a massage, something happens with my like my digestive system, and I always.
Speaker 2: Have to poop when it worked for me, because okay immediately or like afterwards, like.
Speaker 6: During like the second half of the massage, I'm always like, please take it, don't push.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm about to ship myself on your stomach.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but no, I don't drink, probably because it's like it's the lymph nodes are lymph yeah flush.
Speaker 3: Like you're sensitive. It wouldn't work for me.
Speaker 5: I leave there like I've literally been this massage and then they leave, They're like get dressed.
Speaker 3: And I have to like rub one out. I feel you, and I'm so happy this is the last thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm so happy that you said one time you got a massage by an old lady and kind of got turned on because that happened to me, like an old tie woman, and I was like, what the fuck is wrong with you? So now that we share that in comment. I know it's not me, it's just the massage.
Speaker 3: No, it's I'm not related. I'm not I've done this.
Speaker 5: We've gotten massages together and I've had to.
Speaker 3: I don't blun wrong. I know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very convinced that I have to come now after every massage, whether it's a happy ending or it's me finishing somewhere. When they leave, you know, they leave you in the room, I'm gonna have to just bring it, like a vibrator in my pocket and.
Speaker 3: No, get the oil, an idea and just to get it out real quick.
Speaker 2: What if you know they're always waiting outside with water like it's the perfect ending.
Speaker 6: What if there was a massage table with like a little thing it vibrated that everybody don't want to know people people who have had like vibrating.
Speaker 3: You're getting the massage. No, I'm honest.
Speaker 5: There's nothing like two hands like that takes me back, that takes me back to my youth.
Speaker 3: I need to get back to that because I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: Very normalize bringing vibrators to your massage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or that, or vibrator panties.
Speaker 4: A man, they have those two We'll tell our listeners where they can find you.
Speaker 5: If you are not scared, we are black Girls Texting. You can find us on iTunes, Spotify, all that good ship. We have a Patreon, Patreon, dot com, Backslash, black Girls Texting, he Instagram's Black Girls Texting, YouTube, Black Girls Texting. Chelsea allegedly tweets it's black Girls text once a month and you could cop some merch if you like. It's much more winter forward, but we're kind of like update it at some point.
Speaker 6: Yes, and you can email us at Hello at black Girls Texting, you can we take listener letters.
Speaker 3: And if you want advice from these bitches that don't know much, don't know much, but we gonna give you.
Speaker 2: Something feel free. Yes, and you guys know where to find us. Good Mom's Underscore, Bad Choices on Instagram, Good Mom's Bad Choices on all your podcast platforms. Make sure to join our Patreon. We have an amazing community over there growing on slack or we're all connecting you guys dm us all the time. But I'm just so happy we have the community on slack where you guys can all talk and meet up in your respective cities. This month and every month is really all about tribe. So if you are out there and you're like, damn, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have a mom in my city.
Speaker 2: I have no mom friends Like, we have a whole community of moms that are looking to hang out and connecting your city. So make sure you join our patreon. I think our slack is five dollars five dollars a month to join, and we'd be like wildn over there.
Speaker 3: Like there's a lot of dick pics and people crying. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: If you guys enjoyed this episode, make sure to go check out Black Girls Texting episode today. It dropped with us on their platform, and you know it's about to be fire and dope and hilarious, So go check that out too. Y'all want to hear about this complicated baby mama baby father drama.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to get the fresh tea. It's new to you. We don't know Gwennifer. All right, y'all, Peace my night,