Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: What's going on on earn is welcome the EYL University the number one place for business education.
Speaker 3: Shatty talon what we be bringing Yes.
Speaker 4: EYL University already has over one hundred past webinars from all areas of business. It includes weekly webinars from industry leaders. It includes access to our investment Facebook group.
Speaker 3: Movie club, our book club.
Speaker 4: It also includes access to monthly financial planning calls with yours truly. But what has been added has access to MG the Mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint over fourteen hours everything you need to know as far as the home buying.
Speaker 3: Process is concerned.
Speaker 4: And also what has been added is access to our monthly group chat call. So once a month, Me, Troy and the whole team is going to let you in on our personal plays, our portfolio, what we're doing, and more so all of that. We are running for a special promo code of seventy percent off for limited time only. So at the Eyluniversity dot com right now and take advantage.
Speaker 3: You know its works.
Speaker 2: Don't wait, don't have to take you.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on the other side. Earners, what's going on?
Speaker 2: You are now in the cliff Notes, the number one place for investment strategies, tips and advice.
Speaker 4: Let's dive into it. I believe so you're an enthusiast of Cardano.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am, Actually I've been. I've actually been invested since twenty seventeen, and like initially I was like all minute for the money, but then when I actually looked more into the project, I appreciate it, and I've kind of always appreciated so I went through the whole thing, through the whole bear market. Even my husband and I even were investing while it was down as well. So definitely grateful that it's gone on such a nice run right now. And I think mainly, like I don't know, one of the main things I like about seeing this company is more it's more along the lines that I'm watching it grow right like it's birthing, is going through its growing pains, people are slinging its name through the mud, and it's laid on its projects, but now like things are rolling out, including the Mary Hart work that just happened today. So yeah, there's I don't know, there's a lot to say. So if you guys have any questions, I'm definitely open to answer everything you have.
Speaker 2: So for the average beginner who has no idea what Cardna is, because we were invested in it too until yeah, we're still invested in it in since twenty seventeen. So it's funny that you said you are what is the functionality of it? Because that's one of the things we spoke about on Wednesday in our crypto classes, Like, every coin has a functionality, So what does the white paper say about card Dona what's his functionality?
Speaker 5: Okay, so as of right now, the goal that Charles has it pretty much takes on the world. Right, it's going to be its own ecosystem. I'm not sure if you're aware of the things that he has gone on in Africa, but he did sign an agreement with Ethiopia. Actually I have a written down where is that? So yeah, he's signed an you which is just a memorandum of understanding with the Ethiopian Ministry of Science and Technology. So and that's going to be on an agricultural front, and he's they've already been doing that with with beef hair in America as well as New Balance, the shoe company. And it's really a lot of on chain things, so you know you're getting unique and genuine products. You know exactly where it comes from because it's on the blockchain. And as of today, there's going to be native token, so it's literally its own ecosystem. And they're also going to have an er C twenty converter. So if there's any projects that are on Ethereum or anything like that, and they want to move over to Cardinal, they will be able to do so. So now it's getting to the point where you can actually have your own token on the blockchain.
Speaker 2: So originally it was it was built on ethereum, but now they're having you know, it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't built on ethereum. It's its own, its own.
Speaker 3: Thing, Yes, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So it's interesting A da cardnost I invested in uh twenty seventeen, maybe twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen. I have forty eight hundred coins of Cardno, so I'm enthusiastic about it, and it's good because it wasn't really doing too much for a long period of time. Sleep my coins that actually I actually spoke about this on the podcast. My coins are actually stuck on Binance. That's a different story. I gotta I gotta.
Speaker 3: Get them out.
Speaker 4: But so for anybody that may not be familiar with what we're talking about right now, you see you hear us talk about cryptocurrency a lot, and you hear us talking about obviously bigcoin and Ethereum, but there's other cryptos out there. It's called all coins. So the all coins, so Bitcoin is like the big dog. I think it's six sixty percent dominant in the space, right, So that means that the whole market, Bitcoin takes up sixty percent, but there's thousands of other coins that make up that that forty percent.
Speaker 3: So you have Ethereum, you have you have.
Speaker 4: Tether, which is the stable coin, you have Bitcoin cash, you have XRP, you have light coin, a bunch of different things and they all have different functionalities. And at the time, in twenty seventeen, Cardonald was getting a lot of publicity and it was it was supposed to be like the next one. It was like Cardonal to the moon, and it never really reached its full potential. But you still, you still are holding out hope that it can still be the leader, one of the leaders in the space.
Speaker 5: Huh oh, it's definitely gonna be one of the leaders. And like I said, I've been watching their journey a lot, so I've I've seen a lot of the hardships and things that they're going through as a company. And one of their hugest accomplishments that I took part of initially, and their test net was their Dadalus wallet for staking. So if you're not staking your ADA, I think you should you get about You get an average of five point five percent a year on those and the return is always on ATA, so you'll get that. And obviously the price of ADA is growing. So even if you end up with a few tokens here and there, because it is you get rewarded every five days. Your tokens are not locked. You are free to do whatever you want with your tokens, Like you can decide to steak and unstake the very same day, and like there's no penalty or anything like that. It's really really easy. And once you have that going, you just you pick out a stakpool. I will suggest going for something that's unsaturated, meaning they're not at their full level and they're looking for more delegators, mainly because if you go with a smaller pool, there's a better chance you will get better rewards, because if something's already saturated, then the rewards who are going to be split between all the people that are in there. So staking is what you do instead of mining bitcoin is mining on their well that's how you get bitcoin. You get it from mining and with the Orebors protocol, which is actually it is from a cardonald they are the creators and from my understanding, Polka Dot is also using the ORB protocol. It is open source, so they are definitely for you to do that. Charles has it out there for everyone to do and Charles Hoskinson is the creator and he was also the co founder of Ethereum as well. So you will put your wallet in or you will put your ada into the wallet and you will stake it. And staking just means that they're going to be holding your tokens. And since they're holding your tokens, you're going they're going to be using those tokens to get more tokens, and from those, they're going to pay you for holding those tokens. It's kind of like when you go to a bank and you put your money in the bank and are like, oh, you know, we'll give you if you keep your money in the bank, we'll give you two percent a year or something similar as that, only they're giving you and half person of the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Quick question.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the adoption piece for the cryptocurrency space comes when large corporations step in.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 2: So we saw a square do that with bitcoin. We even heard Stellar when we saw IBM get involved. Is there anybody that you know of now that is getting involved with cardinal or has been involved.
Speaker 5: Well, there are several countries in Africa, and I mentioned the Ethiopian Ministry and their agricultural segment, and there are a few more. I kind of wish I had more of Africa. However, they are teaching students how to program using their computing language tschool and it's built into Plutus, so they're actually creating and they have been creating over these past years students and educators that are familiar with their programming languages. So when everything is actually signed and agreed with the government, which is actually he's stating, is moving along quite nicely, and he's expecting some more information this month, he said March. So we should be expecting some more movement with Africa soon enough. And I'm excited about it. So the fact that we have our the devs are now able to start writing code, and now we're having more people that are able that are known this particular language to actually write on Coredono, it's pretty exciting. And that's just one school of the civil out there. So as much too as much to look forward to, I'm not exactly sure what they have in store, but now they have the ability to create whatever they want to create, and I'm pretty excited. And they with Marlowe is another program that they have you can actually drag and drop your script which is very simple. Like there's several different commuting computing languages. I wish like everyone just explored it. I don't know, it's really hard. Well, I think bitcoin is nice. It has high fees, it's slow, the scaling, it can get expensive. I don't think it's horrible. I think it's still really good to hold. But do I think it's the absolute future. I don't know. I don't know. Why I choose ATA over Bitcoin is all of those reasons that they're actually able to accomplish this and there's no one in bitcoin, there's no one over in bitcoin and saying hey, let's go to this country and let's develop and help this country and let him learn tech in this different language, and let's give them the ability to create whateverything.
Speaker 2: Earners, what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, there are seats, are digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it's just feel seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but under standing up professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Behind every BP phillip, thousands of people across America go to work every day. People producing energy off shore, people turning it into products at our refineries, people doing R and D to make products that are better for your engine, people trading and shipping fuels to their destinations. And the people who help you at one of VP's growing family of retail stations. They're part of almost three hundred thousand jobs VP supports across the country. More a VP dot com slash investing in America.
Speaker 5: I want to let's give them this opportunity. No one in bitcoin does that. Bitcoin is just there.
Speaker 6: It's just there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. Like I said, I hope. I'm hoping for the best. I personally have over four thousand coins so if I can ever get my actual coins out and if it does go, yeah, I got like five thousand dollars just sitting there. Now, it's not the password. Is Finance stopped. They for American citizens. They stopped letting people like do anything.
Speaker 3: So I can't. I can't.
Speaker 4: It's there. It's not like frozen anything. But I can't actually transfer the money out. I can't trade, I can't sell it. I can't do anything. It's just like there.
Speaker 5: So I recently transferred some out of finance because I was in a similar situation, and I was flag saying that I can't use it again because I'm a US citizen. But right before I got that warning, I was able to move things is around. They didn't stop or anything like that. I wonder, I wonder if you can send them an email. I'm sure you have.
Speaker 3: I got it. I got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a VPN.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I should have said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, we went over that. Yeah, we went over to you. I just gotta have enough time. But it's all good. I'm not I'm not too concerned about it.
Speaker 3: But well, it's problems. It's just money.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I appreciated anything else that you want to say before you, before you head out, any other cryptos that you like or you just uh, I have other ones.
Speaker 5: They're not all performing as well. Unfortunately, I did. I hold some z r X. They came in, they came in decently. I was expecting to get at least like a four or five dollars push out of it, and it's just kind of hanging out at a dollar twenty and I have try. I'm really hoping that it could get up to like, I don't know, forty fifty cents. I mean, at least break your all time high. Like I'm really like, he can do it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said that we had We had Tron when it hit this all time high.
Speaker 2: I was telling everybody I could about it. I was watching this guy on periscope.
Speaker 3: I was reading his tweets. I'm like, we gotta get this.
Speaker 2: And we had it at I think it was a fourth of a penny, didn't even reached one cent, and then one night it ran up to twenty eight cent and my phone was blowing up.
Speaker 3: Everybody was like, oh, what.
Speaker 2: Is in those days haven't come?
Speaker 5: It was exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I knew.
Speaker 4: I knew Tron was in trouble when I saw Justin's son blow is his nose with it?
Speaker 3: He did something that was extremely weird.
Speaker 4: He blew his nose with like a something right like McDonald's bag or something like that on an interview, and I said, Troy, we're in trouble with this.
Speaker 3: And then ever since, that's not a good look the founder. But but that's that's that's that's a key point.
Speaker 4: If anybody doesn't know Justin, Justin's son is the guy that start that founded TRON. He's like one of these like billionaire young young kids out of China. Yeah, and I think he paid like Warren Buffett. Yeah, head lunch with He paid Warren buff for four million to have lunch with him. He's like crazy. But when I long story short, researched the founder and a lot, a lot. This is the same with the stock market. Troy was really enthusiastic about TRON and I just started having reservations when I started to research this guy, and he seemed like he gave me con artists vibes.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to call him a scam artist, but he just gave me that type of energy. And it's been downhill ever since, so I still have troying too. I has another coin I can't get off of buying it. So hopefully, hopefully one of these days, these cryptos though all my crypto. You have so many cryptos that I have more cryptos than I have stocked.
Speaker 2: It was a top twenty it's still a top twenty five coin, and it actually moved off etherym as his own network. So yeah, the reason I was so enthusiastic about it was because it had the gaming space, and so one of the things that it allows you to do is get tokens as a reward. Same the same thing we kind of saw in the space now where kids are on roadblocks and they have to pay to get better at the game. He was using his token to get better in the gaming sentence, and so once I realized that was happening, I'm like, gaming is the way they have their own platform. We gotta go trun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was for like three weeks that was as it was a good idea. It was a good idea.
Speaker 4: It's still a good idea in theory because it's like, you know, these coins have all usages, so the gaming we talk about, like Hero, it's all related that's why you gotta learn like and like so market Mondays is not a one trick pony. We talk about so many different stuff, but it's all investing in cryptocurrency. I mean, you blind if you can't see what's going on with crypto right now, and you would be a fool if you didn't at the very least educate yourself on the space. That's why we did the open enrollment last week on crypto. That's how we're talking about this for a little bit today because it's not going anywhere and it's only going to get bigger. So when you see people investing in Bigcoin and ethereum, it's not the only two, you would be you would you would be an idiot if you think that just two coins are gonna be the only coins that's ever going to survive one hundred years for now. So the idea with Tron is that you know, originally they were going to be the token for video games. And that's what really made a lot of sense to me because it's like, the video game industry is so huge. So we talk about like Hero, which is a video game etf So I'm like, all right, if millions of people are playing video games and they have a token that's dedicated towards the video game industry, and that that makes sense. That's something that I understand and I can see how this makes sense. If it's like one common currency for video gamers all across the world, whether you're in South Africa, whether in Japan, or whether you're in America, and you just have one common currency that you can use for video gaming. I mean, that makes a lot of sense. And these are this is why crypto still makes a lot of sense to me as far as the different usage. And it's like even like casino. Imagine if you're in a casino, you know when you like most of the big whales and casino come from Japan. They come from overseas from Asia, so they go to Vegas, they got to, you know, change their money over stuff like that. But what if there was the currency just for casinos, so now when you're coming from Japan, you don't have to change your money over. You can just use the you know, whatever coin, the gambling coin whatever, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that just makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: So it's one of the things we said, if we compare it to the dot com Era.
Speaker 3: We just have to.
Speaker 2: Figure out who the Google, who the Yahoo, who the uh I mean, any of these big sites. Who's the next Amazon in this space?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: We don't want to have the excite dot com. And that's what we could have if we get the wrong coins. So again, read the white papers, right.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm a firm believer of doing the research. So that's part of it. Due to the research. Like you said, when we invested, I started reading everything I could about this guy. If he was doing a lot of periscope, if he's on telegram, I was watching, so I wanted to know who this person was. And yeah, I think when he blew. I think he blew his nose into his hand and wiped it. And you were like, that's it. I'm doing this, dude.
Speaker 3: It gave me get in car.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, this is gonna be a hard one, Okay. So I have like this theory behind it, right. So when I was investing, I just noticed like these situations where it was just extremely different. I eventually read about it later, but at one point, when I was like hoping more people would get into it, I noticed like these square price fluctuations around like thirty three cents and then it felt like in two three days we were like eighty eight or ninety cents, and I come to find out someone actually, over a matter of days they invested about a half a billion dollars into ETA, and it's kind of like, man, I just hope everyone get in a four dollar And then there was that drop to like that eighty eight cent mark. Again it was it's kind of like it went there and like it just rejected immediately, like as soon as it touched eighty eight. So I almost feel like if you made it under that thirty cent area, you kind of cemented into like this bottom a bottom part of it. However, there is a fun picking up Ata right now, and they are they're actually selling their bitcoin for Ada and Polka Dot, and they're going to be buying Ata and Polka Dot up until mid March. So whatever this price is right now, they're probably keeping it right around a dollar. So I kind of don't think it's going to go under a dollar anytime soon.
Speaker 7: With me every day, are you using crypto like your long term hedge or like replacement for stocks because the returns are high features, but your passion for crypto is there, So tell me the strategy behind that.
Speaker 5: So I kind of do both. I do my my long term investing in stocks, and I do have my long term investing crypto. One of them is Ada, and then I have coins where I say that like once they get to like the coins that I'm just going to sell right like I have, I have my long term investment, and then I have something were once it reached reach a certain area, I'm just gonna relinquish whatever I'm holding. And with Ada, I'm just kind of right now is going into discovery mode and I'm not even sure if I should put a cap on it. Like a part of me is saying, I really don't think it's gonna go past five dollars on like this next side run. Maybe it'll go to maybe four and a half dollars, maybe come back and retrace to a dollar twenty possibly before another push up and the next push up maybe around ten to fifteen. But these are guestimations. This is what my assumpshus are that's gonna happen at some point. I feel like it's just not.
Speaker 3: We got some millionaires, and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you, thank you for coming on. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm sure what, we'll see more of you in the future. But I'm glad we had the pleasure take a break from stocks for a minute and talk about crypto because that's something that we all have been passionate about for a long time.
Speaker 2: So you know what else, we're talking about women investors, So thank you and out of Women's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, thank you for joining us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: To hear a more extended conversation. Make sure to check out our live YouTube show market Mondays every Monday, eight pm Easter Standard time, seven pm Central, and check out the Market Monday's podcast on iHeart, Spotify, Apple, or wherever you download your podcast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop Mike, drop back drop.
Speaker 9: Coach, The energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 8: It was the new game day, scratches from the California Lottery players, everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 9: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 8: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's awfu now, Coach.
Speaker 9: One more question played the new Los Angeles Chargers San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace Play responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase play or claim