Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he Armsrong we live. We're from Studio C. See Senora.
Speaker 1: It's a dimly let room deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 3: And hey y'all, today, little Friday, we're under the tutelage of our general manager, the Firefighters of California on this day too.
Speaker 1: Of Greenlanders occupying our territory illegally count back from yesterday, we will, we will wait until we are reunited with our precious greenland, American land.
Speaker 2: I don't know if everybody's aware of. Up until really.
Speaker 1: Recently, in the history of mankind, fire was killing us and burning down our houses constantly. Well, that is the history of mankind in urban area specifically. I remember many many books that I've read throughout my life point this out. Uh oh, do you remember the gangs in the New York and gangs in New York? Remember that movie Martin Scorsese that was one of the big gangs. One of the big things the gangs did to uh, to curry favor is they would get there fast to help put out fires, because there were constantly fires breaking out. And if and if and if the little local fire department, you know, a horse drawn trolley full of water and hoses, didn't come there and put it out, it's going to burn everything down and kill people. And so that's how you would, you know, get people on your side. And I remember when I read the book Uh Devil in the White City about Chicago from the World Fair eighteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: Fantastic book if you've never.
Speaker 1: Read it, but they mentioned in there at that time, on average, there would be four deaths from fire per day in Chicago, even with that much smaller population per day. And I remember, more recently, during the incredibly stupid discussion of whether Trump's rally at Madison Square Garden was reminiscent of the Nazi rallies, a conversation so monumentally stupendously mind bogglingly idiotic it's hard to imagine any adult engaged in it with a straight face.
Speaker 2: Seriously, anyway, take.
Speaker 1: A moment, think about it anyway, Yeah, and reading about it, it wasn't even the same building because Madison Square Garden and its various incarnations has burnt down repeatedly. Excellent example, almost any time you're at a historic hotel, restaurant, whatever, if you read the little description on there, this is the version built on the spot where the original one was when it burnt down in eighteen something, early nineteen something whatever.
Speaker 2: Because it was just a fact of life.
Speaker 1: But we've become accustomed to, thank God, because of modern materials and firefighting and all kinds of different things, that that doesn't happen all the time, but the power of fire still exists. Is if you've seen any of these pictures from some of these neighborhoods in La, it's just mind boggling how these entire neighborhoods, modern neighborhoods of nice houses are completely gone. Everything gone catastrophic. Yeah, yeah, I wonder, And we will get into the looming home owners insurance crisis from coast to coast, I mean particularly in California, but coast to coast, and I wonder whether we will not evolve as a people into spending a great deal more on making our homes impregnable to the various threats we face. And that's the only way we're going to get around the fact that so many homes are nigh on uninsurable these days given the current market right and is going to be quite the story. I think it will help that, particularly in the Pacific Palisades area, you got a lot of people with money who have the ability to get the attention of the powerful, and in a way that a lot of communities that have burned down didn't. They are not going to just sit idly by and let current policy exist. So that'll be interesting for whatever reason and just the way the human mind works.
Speaker 2: I guess the.
Speaker 1: Big fire that's in the Pasadena Altadna area because I know that area really well, Like I know some of these places and streets and stores and everything like that, and them burning down just like really impactful. It's hard to wrap my head around that corner. I saw a picture of a corner just just as cool a community as exists anywhere on the earth. It's like a small town next to Los Angeles, just so nice, beautiful old houses. This little old hardware store. I've been there for forty years. His mom and pop place burnt to a ground night before it was open. Kid there closed it down, kid of the dad who started it next day, completely gone, just oh, awful, awful, awful. They found a guy dead in his backyard holding a hose in his hand. And I told the story when our field caught on fire, I was out there with a hose, because when it's small, you think, oh, i'll get a hose and I'll try to start this. And then in the seconds I was overcome with smoking flames and had to get the hell out of there. I mean, it just it happened so fast with the wind shot right. And I remember you telling this story. When you say within seconds, you don't mean forty fives.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I looked like in my field, for instance, it was a very very windy day, caught on fire, very dry, and it was a tiny little Okay, if I get a bucket, I can put it out. I turn around to go to the hose, get a bucket, and so this is twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: I turn around and it's just.
Speaker 1: A wall of flame behind me in that amount of time, and you know, you amplify that by one hundred mile an hour winds there having in La today only fifty mile an hour gusts, which is helpful. Tomorrow they're expecting it to be back up to seventy mile an hour gusts. So good, Lord, that's not helpful. Absolutely amazing. Yeah, I don't know what's going to come out of this in terms of insurance and where you're allowed to build homes and all kinds of different stuff. You know, you can, you can certainly relate to people of old talking about the wrath of God or the vengeance of Satan or what have you, and when such a cataclysm comes upon you, I mean, it's just it's it's unfathomable to anybody who hasn't lived through it. And I've been following a lot of the social media stuff about forest management, tree management, all that different sort of stuff. Water management in California, which has been horrible and people have been complaining about it forever. There's a clip from a Joe Rogan podcast floating around that's getting a lot of attention where he was talking about that very sort of thing and he said, boy, one of these days, the conditions are going to be right, and there's going to be a spark and it's it's going to sweep through out and just burn everything to the ground. So you can't really go at this from a nobody could see this coming standpoint, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We should start. On the other hand, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of the politicization of it, a lot of the politics, including this stuff Trump has said, is not at all helpful.
Speaker 2: It's just it's silly. Some of it. Trump's say, well, talking about.
Speaker 1: Forest management and stuff like that, in large part not talking about forests, but and the water stuff that he's commented on. It's just it's he has read half a paragraph on it and is now making bold pronouncements. And Gavin Newsom's an idiot. California is badly governed and ungovernable. I'm not denying that for a second. It's just some of the conversation that's knocking around online is kind of silly at this point. If you've spent any time with this, Like the idea Trump was like, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta take all the water from northern California.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows this and send it to southern California, and northern California for twenty five years has been saying, whoa, whoa, oh, whoa, we.
Speaker 2: Kind of need that water. So it's not as simple as that. LA schools are closed today except for.
Speaker 1: One caveat which I want to discuss after we start the show Officially, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is? How did it already get to be? Thursday, January ninth, you're twenty twenty five? You're going with ain't taken no jive in twenty five?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Cut the jive in twenty five, cut the jib in twenty kind no jive?
Speaker 2: What am I strutting through Harlem in nineteen seventy six? What's happening here? We are Armstrong in Getty and we approve of this program?
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin squirting the water of truth on the lives of the evildoers precisely now, according to FCC rules and the rags at mark.
Speaker 4: Do you owe citizens and apology for being absent while their homes were burning? Do you regret coming the fire department budget by millions of dollars?
Speaker 1: Not in there?
Speaker 4: Have you nothing to say today?
Speaker 2: Fadam Mayor?
Speaker 4: Have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today? You're dating this disaster? You no apology for them? Do you think you should have been visiting Ghana while this was unfolding back home? So?
Speaker 1: As the mayor of Los Angeles not answering some questions from a reporter as she has come back to La she was out of town.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that matters to me.
Speaker 1: The policy stuff matters, The policy stuff decisions made throughout the years obviously matters. But the somebody's out of town when something happens thing I've always thought it was over overblown. Yeah, with all respect to patio furniture there the Irish reporter, the cutting of seventeen million dollars from the fire budget, that is absolutely a serious topic. The fact that she happened to be on some idiotic, paid for junket, I'm guessing. I mean, that's just the politicians do that all the time. I'm not in favor of it. But it's not like the fire start and she said feach, don't fail me now and headed to Ghana. I mean she just happened to be there. Or if she happened to be in her office when the fire started, it would have unfolded any differently. I doubt that, well exactly. And this is it reminds me of going way back to Barack Obama. He's not a Muslim, he's a socialist. Keep your eye on the ball, don't worry. If she was in Ghana, let's talk about the fact that La there was a city councilman did an interview just a couple of days ago, said it's absolutely worth worth cutting the budget for services to general city services to take care of our migrant population, meaning illegal immigrants.
Speaker 2: And Karen Bass is one hundred percent on board that there.
Speaker 1: Why did they have to cut the fire budgets so severely. It's because they're a sanctuary city. Keep your eye on the ball. Kind of doubt, kind of on that road of socialism quickly, maybe we'll talk about it later. I heard the schools in LA will be closed again to day, obviously.
Speaker 2: Except for the lunch program. The food program will go on.
Speaker 1: And I heard the big announcement that they've got satellite locations for all the meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner will continue to be served to all the residents. Our schools became a three meal a day food program, government food program, trying to convince a whole bunch of people, and apparently they have that it's not your job to feed your family, it's the government's job. The schools are closed, I don't think, oh my god, how are my kids going to eat lunch?
Speaker 2: I take care of the lunch.
Speaker 1: I remember that great historic vote and the vote totals in the House and the Senate when we voted on becoming a socialist.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't vote on it at all. And that's something that that will continue even with the fire. The all day food program. All right, interesting? How does mailbag look outstanding?
Speaker 2: Cool? That's on the way.
Speaker 1: Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. It's easy to hear you need to evacuate, but the reality, ye it, I've never had to do that.
Speaker 2: Where am I supposed to go?
Speaker 1: Exactly? For how long I'm supposed to get my kids and my dogs in the car and go where?
Speaker 2: How it's not as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 1: And what do we take in the next five to ten minutes or thirty seconds in some cases. And then you got the whole angle of you know, you're thinking about what might burn down, what will get stolen. They've arrested I think eleven looters in the Pasadena Altadena area this morning, and am staunchly against extra judicial punishment and police brutality usually.
Speaker 2: Now you got to send a message to looters that ain't happening. Yeah, just don't tell us about it. Yes, do what needs to be done.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 2: From the Great C. S. Lewis, sent along by MJ. Great call MJ.
Speaker 1: It's helping helping out along, Hello take two, helping us out with our series of quotes about beginning. You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's a true one. That's my favorite one in a long time. Like I get that, can't.
Speaker 1: Go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
Speaker 2: That is a good one.
Speaker 1: I need to get that tattooed on my head in reverse so when I look in the mirror I can read it every morning. Wow, well you've got it planned out wherever you want to get a tattooed. I think that that is the sort of wisdom everybody out of know by the time they're ten.
Speaker 2: Isn't it. Apparently my ending includes a face tattoo.
Speaker 1: Which will be the beginning that you wish you could change down the road. Ironically, Mailbag, there's a little policy advice from Lawrence. Oh, you can drop us a note mail Bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com governor knew some of the Democrat control Senate and Assembly in California.
Speaker 2: You should partner with PGE. Put all the utility lines underground.
Speaker 1: Tax dollars could be diverted from projects like and reparations, planned ports of entry for immigrants, planned defense funds for to fight Trump's deportation agenda, always getting there. This could serve California better than the regular train to nowhere. These fires caused by a griffin, that's absolutely right, produce fire risk would entice insurance companies continue to provide coverage in California.
Speaker 2: That's right, Lawrence. But that would take good leadership and not.
Speaker 1: Being whores for public employee unions and the big special interests with no discus making. That is rude, And I apologize to whores. All you're doing is exchanging sex for money.
Speaker 2: I get it. You're in a tough spot.
Speaker 1: What the politicians are doing is considerably worse than that.
Speaker 2: From a mobile standpoint.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a sex worker is a paragon of virtue compared to these politicians. Sex occursn't selling me and my interests in my tax dollars down the line. As far as I can tell, I apologize to prostitute. I was unfair. Is this worth going into? It's really good email from Jim and O Wahoo, some active duty military guy took us to task for griping about Joe Biden's hastily announced every federal employee gets Thursday off to mourn Jimmy Carter, you know, to holiday. All the federal employees are off today because Jimmy Carter has a funeral and we're paying for anything.
Speaker 2: Why what is that?
Speaker 1: And some fine fella, but misguided said to think about the military. Yeah, well, the military is a tiny fraction of the government workers around the country. Nobody obviously, we're not talking about the acted. Nobody means to be army when they're talking about government workers. Well, longtime marine writes, well, there are some fine patriots in the service. I feel they're out numbered by parasitic morons who perform their roles so poorly as to be counterproductive. Any doge worth its first should be licking its shops for all the tax dollars we'll save when.
Speaker 2: We trim the fat to it.
Speaker 1: I can't count how many service member I service members I encounter that brag over the money they plan on fleecing Americans out of to collect phony disability.
Speaker 2: For the rest of their lives. Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he says, I'm not saying the pendulum needs to swing back to spitting on service members and calling his baby killers, but we definitely need to pump the brakes on the reverence shown to military people.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: A lot of us are a holes and we do get too many days, you know. And I've made this point before. Respect for an appreciation for the members of our military is absolutely appropriate.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's required.
Speaker 1: Worshipfulness is not, and I think a lot of that worshipfulness is performative, and it comes from the fact that such a small percentage of our population ever serves in the military.
Speaker 2: It's it's phony. It's making a.
Speaker 1: Big flowery deal out of how you love the military to kind of distract people from the fact that you and your family have no interest in serving. Respect is good, Worshipfulness is dangerous in all things. Some of my favorite negative things, particularly about spending I've ever heard about the military, have come from people I know who have been in the military their whole lives, right, not from outsiders. I've got a big complaint about Carter's funeral, among other things on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: President Biden meanwhile, says he thinks he could have beaten Donald Trump in the twenty twenty four election. But in an interview with USA Today, one of the very few interviews President Biden has granted as he prepares to exit the White House, the President admitted he's not sure that had he won, he would have had the stamina to serve for another four years. Here's a quote from President Biden, who knows what I'm going to be when I'm eighty six years old.
Speaker 1: As from CBS News, Joe Biden thinks he would have won. Okay, fine, if that, If that helps you your last couple of years on Earth, and I think you're in your final years, fine, fine, whatever. Donald j is going to be halfway through the of office when all of Biden's aides are going to be running to the media to describe exactly how it was. So Joe Biden is the only ex president who has a speaking role at Jimmy Carter's funeral, which is today. We are doing full team coverage in ours three, four, and then a special bonus hour five in which we will cover the funeral in its entirety.
Speaker 2: Wow, you better have a gun be ready to point it at me.
Speaker 1: So I'm watching it live on TV, and everybody is filed into the National Cathedral in Washington, DC. And if you've never made that part of your Washington, d C. Tour, you should. It's a bit of a train ride out there, but just an unbelievable church. Everybody who's anybody in national government is there. And as the camera's panning around looking at him, just saw a good view of why John F. Carey didn't win the presidency as he walked in, and he's got this big, bright blue silk scarf around his neck along with his suit. And I just thought, you the windsurfing, the scarf, the wood that it were, that's why you couldn't get elected president. Dude. Everybody else just in a dark suit. Apparently all the vice presidents are sitting together. You got uh, Mike Pence sitting it there and yucking it up with the most relaxed man in the building.
Speaker 2: Al Gore.
Speaker 1: We're talking about this yesterday. Al Gore went off about, you know, screw this whole politics thing.
Speaker 2: I almost won. I should have won. Maybe I shouldn't be proud.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to spend the rest of my life saying it was stolen or or or my feeling's hurt, like a Hillary Clinton or whoever.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go off in a different direction and pretend that climate change is important and become a billy make a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's happier and they whip up fear over climate change.
Speaker 2: That sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: But he's throwing back his head and laughter talking to Mike Pence and over on the other side, also yucking' up is a old gray haired senator from Indiana, Dan Quayle, who was vice, You're gonna you're gonna kill me.
Speaker 2: You are, You're gonna hate me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna cuss me out on the air live, and I deserve it for various reasons that are not terribly interesting. I totally forgot to tell the story that when I was playing golf with friends in October at a particular golf course in California that will remain nameless, I came within six inches of getting t boned in my golf cart by a fast driving dan quail.
Speaker 2: We met in an intersection.
Speaker 1: He wasn't paying attention and about about put me in the hospital?
Speaker 2: How did you not tell the story in the air?
Speaker 1: It was it was days later because I'd take it a couple of days off because it was a big news story or something, and I just I just didn't think of it because you got pushed down a flight of stairs by Walter Mondale and it's coming up for another story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, a ghost of Spiro actor haunted my dreams. I don't know anyway, is that the end of the story. Is that the whole that's your whole day?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, and drove on honey, you spelled tomato um one fair so uh oh. The other thing sitting behind the Vice presidents is a meth mouthed hunter Biden.
Speaker 2: He's so got the meth mouth.
Speaker 1: Just I mean that really Distray is a good looking guy with a family lineage of good looking guys. His dad is a good looking guy when he was young. And uh, he's just got that full jaw, weird face thing that meth users get. Poor guy sitting next to his super hot hot wife thirty five year old wife or whatever she is. Yeah, but Biden is speaking today. See how that goes. Here's the part I want to complain about that. You know what Hunter Biden's got to do, then you can get to your complaint. He's got to open up a string of laundromats called money laundering, you know, just dollar signs in the name, because that'd go big. Like in the city where most laundromats are. People respond to dollar signs. You know, is sure money laundering?
Speaker 2: Come on money.
Speaker 1: There are a couple of eulogies given today by the sons of people who wrote the eulogies because Jimmy Carter lived so freaking long. For instance, Gerald Ford, former president, the one who proceied, who lost to Jimmy Carter nineteen seventy six, had written a eulogy thinking he's got to be dying soon. But uh, Ford died and Carter lives on, and so his son is going to read the speech that he wrote. There's another one of those examples, I guess. So they're gonna have a song. I'm sure there'll be some music. And Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. Garth Brooks, who seems to be omnipresent at all national events at this point because he's beloved and a good singer, is gonna sing freaking Imagine by John Lennon. Now, I'm fine with that as just a tune. I loved it as a wide eyed, ignorant child. I mean, seriously, you have to be a child to like really take in those lyrics and get starry eyed about it because they're moronic. They're just mooring. And the only reason that bothers me because it's a funeral. You don't have whatever kind of music you want. That was actually Carter's foreign policy, and that's why a lot of the things that happened happened.
Speaker 2: Ben you should read our friend Tim Sanderfir's Twitter thread.
Speaker 1: He's been linking all these various articles about how Jimmy Carter's policies abandoning the shaw led to the Molas and everything we've been dealing with in Iran for the forty years. Jimmy Carter actually believed the song imagine and the imagine there's no war bs and we're all gonna be friends. That's not reality. And we can't have presidents who believe the John Lennon lyrics. Great tie into Justin Trudeau, who was on the outs in Canada. As you've probably heard more on that.
Speaker 2: Later that's one thing. The because it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Get into arguments about counterintuitives in the same way that you can. For instance, you can criticize George Bush for going into orac really easy to do. You know, you see what happens, lives lost, money spent, what were the results. It's more difficult to criticize a Barack Obama or a Jimmy Carter for things that they didn't do. But if you're smart enough, or you listen to and read the right smart people, they can get into it pretty well. But Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama get great credit for not getting involved in all kinds of things where we maybe should have or stayed more involved, and it led to really really difficult, expensive things see the war in Ukraine, for instance. By not pushing back back when you had the chance drives me out. I don't think it's at all shocking for me to point out that national the United States passivity. Being passive was praised roundly by the media and academia, the great oversized bullhorn of the far left through the years. Now, certainly there are examples of being overactive or doing the right thing in a terrible, stupid way, so witness a rock. On the other hand, you get what I'm saying, though passivity is praised uniformly in the media always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was my point.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's it's it's more complicated to push back on that. And uh And as I mentioned from a Bob Woodward book, he quotes Joe Biden in the Oval office getting off the phone with Putin right before the invasion, when Biden realized, damn it, Putin's actually going to evade.
Speaker 2: He said, Brock, f this all up.
Speaker 1: He's fed this all up when he didn't do anything when Putin went into Crimea, Georgia, whichever one it was, Crimea.
Speaker 2: I guess. Uh.
Speaker 1: So it's Joe Biden's view of the whole thing is that Barck not pushing back led to the invasion of Ukraine, not just you know, maga right winger Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just.
Speaker 1: Reading something else about Biden and not running and resentment and is the bitterness that's pouring out of him right now. He hates Barack Obama, he resents him so much, and his campaign team and David Ploff and all those people. He will go to his grave cursing their names. Now, I wanted to bring that up my finish, my final Yeah, that's the point. My final funeral note is so you got a funeral today for a Jimmy Carter who hasn't been in office.
Speaker 2: For forty five years. Forty five years, I mean, so that's a long time.
Speaker 1: So you know, bygones, be bygones, a lot of the hot rhetoric of the day way back then.
Speaker 2: You know, as you can have a decent funeral.
Speaker 1: If Joe Biden dies next year, and he very easily could, well everything is still very fresh on both sides of the aisle. Be interesting to see what that funeral is like. Yeah, that's funny. That kind of anticipates my next point. Part of me thinks, you know what, just why don't you you do the Carter funeral and then have lunch and hang around the church for a while because Biden doesn't look good to me?
Speaker 2: But my god, I mean.
Speaker 1: You're all set up, the priest is there, the minister whatever, we got our dark suits on the flowers and garth theory can sing a different song summer I.
Speaker 2: Car tuned up exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, trying to get some sort of two for one thing, going, how you feeling okay? Because we can while we're all here, I'm just saying, don't hold out for our you know benefit, Yes, Michael, I think the casket will fit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you gotta go too far fresh.
Speaker 1: That was distactly exactly See what Joe said was in perfectly good taste, and then you took it into the realm of absurdity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: What I was going to say is, and you know, I remember growing up as a kid with the pictures of the presidents around the top of the classrooms, and and and there was a certain worshipfulness that was taught to us, or at least I got out of it. And I think in some cases, uh, respect and admiration on the highest level is Oh. And I could name the usual names, but you can guess what they are, Polk Fillmore.
Speaker 2: You got me at the same time.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm old and bitter and recognize the various paths people take to the presidency and the very sorts of people who have become president, and the utter dishonesty, skullduggery, terrible policies, et cetera they've unleashed upon our country, the incursions against the Constitution, the accumulating of executive power, the rest of it. I don't feel worshipful toward those who've.
Speaker 2: Held the highest office.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a job and wears you down, and so I have respect for people who take on that challenge, but I am not worshipful.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, They're not kings. It feels a little monarchical. Yeah, uh so that's that.
Speaker 1: Maybe we won't do our three four and then at bonus hour five of Carter funeral coverage. Then we've got unless you know, the buy one, get one thing that.
Speaker 2: Would be historic. We've got Katie's headlines on the way stay here.
Speaker 1: So now Trump and Mlanie are walking and I guess, as the president elect will be president in just a few days. He walks in last he's the last person that looks like to be walking in, shaking hands with Al Gore and Mike Pence, who he was going to allow to be hung.
Speaker 2: I believe this is the first time they've touched and quite some time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's nice that they're coming back together. And I did that looking like an aging model. Mark Leivivich's brilliant book This Town opens at the funeral of Tim Russert. I may reread that first chapter to remind myself of what's really happening there in the nation's capital. Yeah, let's figure out who's reporting what today. It's the week's story with Katie Green. Oh, by the way, next hour, Jack. What I'd really like to do is finally get to the analysis of DOGE. What can it accomplish, what are the roadblocks going to be? And can it get rid of a federal agency for instance? So stay tuned if you can. Right now, Katie Barrock just walked in. He had the big time Trump, So he walked in. Whatever, mister professors and everybody's shaking hands. The man back to you, Katie. As I watched the funeral. Oh right, blah blah, lead story, Katie Green, go kt LA.
Speaker 6: Hundreds of thousands without power in Los Angeles as the fire enters.
Speaker 1: Day three gonna be not as wendy today, but still very windy, and the winds are supposed to pick up tomorrow. So like the fifty mile an hour gusts is the window to try to get this under control.
Speaker 2: It's still all zero percent contained, I believe.
Speaker 6: From the Washington Post. As La burns Trump blames Newsome, and California governor.
Speaker 2: Pushes back, all right, there'll be plenty of time for that.
Speaker 6: From Fox News, Biden approves five hundred million dollars in Ukraine security package eleven days before Trump takes office.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I'm watching the funeral live and I'm distracted by that. Barack is sitting next to Donald Trump, and they look as comfortable with each other. They're kind of like whispering to each other, not and then laughing a little bit. They're having a good conversation. I would love to know what two guys who know how the whole thing works better than anybody, what they're saying to each other about the whole affair, right, because they are a couple of rich guys that have fabulous to east a fabulous East Coast real estate for instance.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It looks like there's a little snark going on between the two about the whole affair, and I just love to know what they're saying.
Speaker 6: From CNN, is bird flu the next pandemic? What to know after the first first age five and one death in the US.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, and stop it and that fear mind and that person died with bird flu kind of like the whole COVID thing. They were an old sick person already and had bird flu.
Speaker 6: From the New York post congestion pricing advocate attacked in New York City subway station as a new nine dollars toll pushes people into mass transit.
Speaker 1: Of course, to be fair, everyone's attacked at New York subway stations now that crime has been legalized.
Speaker 2: Touchez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of the point though, So you've made it so expensive, you're trying to get people more people to take mass transit, and the person's idea, what's got attacked on mass transit, drawing attention to the fact that that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the reason people don't want to ride mass transit. From Breitbart dot com.
Speaker 6: ABC is launching a weekend edition of The View. It'll be hosted by Joey Behar and will be basically the hens of The View will be joining her, except all of them, except for whoopee.
Speaker 1: If that's the way you want to spend your Saturday morning, can I buy your time? Is this to torture the few remaining Al Qaeda guys in guantanamo or something who asked for this. Good lord, I have breaking news. The only person who's not smiling and looking happy with George W.
Speaker 5: Bush.
Speaker 1: He's looking happy and he and his wife and Bill is sitting there kind of a smile on his face, yucking it up with the owl. And and Trump and Brock are still chatting up NonStop. They can't stop talking to each other. The only person that looks miserable Hillary Rodham Clinton. She looks angry, well she always does. She's sitting there thinking, I can't believe Trump's gonna be president again. I'm in the front row as a potus or as a wife, not a potus.
Speaker 2: This sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have a couple more from ABC. Eternal Attorney General Merrick Garland informs Congress Special Counsels Donald Trump investigation has concluded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gathered that.
Speaker 6: And finally the Babylon Bee Newsome assures wildfire victims that he's diverting millions of dollars to emergen Emergency DEI initiatives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's going to be a lot, As you said, there's going to be a lot of looking over to the policies and the rhetoric of a whole bunch of different government officials, whether it's people of la or or Governor Newsom himself on this whole thing. Yes, yeah, clearly, but the dust can settle. In my opinion, some of the sniping political stuff going back and forth right now is not very productive.
Speaker 2: But speaking of.
Speaker 1: Political sniping, Elizabeth Warren versus Pete hegseeth, the whole hearings for the cabinet story is about to heat up like crazy. And she's just she is underestimated as an evil doer.
Speaker 2: She is a hardcore Marxist.
Speaker 1: So Hanson's claiming that none of the presidents who came in shook hands with Trump. I'm sure I saw Bamba shake hands with Trump. But you're saying none of the other president shok because they're all she hands with each other and everybody. Kamala Obama did not shake his hand. Hanson is saying, Kamala just walked in. She's the only other person besides Hillary who looks miserable. Is Kamala just walked in with her husband. She took a hostile glance at Trump. Trump didn't even look at her. She looked down with disdain and began flipping through the program. Oh boy, I'm loving body language segment. I'm loving reading the body language. You've got more on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty