Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. Let's get to the CEO of Core week now, Michael, and Trader joins us. You've just had twenty one billion dollar deal and out of Meta yesterday, you have Anthropic today. Michael, what does this mean for your investors in terms of the clarity of revenue growth coming forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first talk, good afternoon, Thank you for having me. But it has been a unique couple of weeks for us here because not only have we really made our tremendous progress with the likes of Meta and Anthropic, but we've also had a tremendous overwhelming success in the capital markets as we continue to build the funding mechanisms to be able to ensure that we are able to execute on our roadmap for growth.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about those funding mechanisms, because you're looking at unique ways to be able to get access to credit lines by using basically the power of your customer, the fact that Meta is the one that's coming to you for the compute and the strength there.
Speaker 3: You're also tapping though well.
Speaker 1: Convertible notes was what was issued yesterday as well as bonds.
Speaker 3: We're seeking billions of that.
Speaker 1: How much more debt are you going to have to take on to fuel the growth.
Speaker 2: So you know, we're we've been very creative about how we kind of look at the capital markets, making sure that we can execute on our plan for for the in the most cost effective way. And so you know, we we issued eight and a half billion dollars worth of bonds at a minus of a minus paper because of the quality of our counterparties, and you know, that was a tremendous UH reduction in our weighted average cost of capital. And then we came back yesterday we did the largest dual offering ever UH and that was both the the the convertible note that we issued, as well as a tranche of high US you know, really positioning us well for the capital requirements. And it's just the the over subscription to these UH, to these UH tools that we're bringing into market, to the paper that we're bringing to market, really provides tremendous transparency to us, to our investors, to our clients about how much access we are going to be given to capital as we continue to execute on this strategy. And you know, people are really confident the cost of capital keeps coming down in our ability to kind of drive the compute. That is so dear to all of these model uh creators and product people who are producing product for for artificial intelligence. You know, it's just been you know, an extraordinary week both on the on the capital raise sign as well as the client contract side.
Speaker 3: As the cost of capital comes down, it gets more. How much more money do you need to get from the debts?
Speaker 2: Michael, Yeah. So look, you know, our strategy continues to be success driven, right, and so we go out and we execute a contract like the one we just did with Meta, and now with that contract in hand, we will go into the capital markets and we will raise debt that will be at a very low cost of capital to be able to build the infrastructure to deliver on that contract. Each of our contracts are profitable and and drive wonderful return and at the parent code, we're just looking to continue to scale into this, you know, unique opportunity to kind of build you know, UH an enormous company that is instrumental in delivering infrastructure to the world.
Speaker 3: How much does Anthropic need uh.
Speaker 2: So we're we're not at liberty to speak to the size of that contract. It is a multi billion dollar contract, but really much more importantly than that. From our perspective, this is the first contract that we've executed with them. It's the first time that they've used somebody out of one of their core investors, and they came to us because of the quality of the infrastructure and the software solutions that we provide, and so, you know, we just think it's an incredible vote of confidence from one of the most important lands in the world, and we think that it's going to be a launch pad for additional business between us and them, just as every other client that we've we've brought on, really all the major clients they come on, they do a contract with us, and it's a land and extand expand strategy for both both parties. You know, we really build from that into a very broad based relationship where we've become an integral part of their infrastructure strategy.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about methods.
Speaker 1: Does the slow unveil of the model to unique partners does that signal an issue with compute?
Speaker 2: So look, you know the strategy that that that Anthropic is using, you know, as they kind of bring their products to market is really you know, you know, it's it's their strategy. You know, our job in this ecosystem is to provide as much infrastructure at the highest quality that we can, right and they came to us. They engaged us because they have demand for compute because of the wonderful products that they are bringing to market. And that's you know, being echoed across the different labs, you know, universally, and you know, our role in this is really to go ahead and to deliver the infrastructure that these companies are going to need and currently need to be able to successfully deliver their product to market. It's what our role is we do.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated by the global perspective you have here because the geopolitical environment that we live in at the moment means that energy prices are driving up, particularly over in Europe and the UK. Open AI we have reporting that they're pulling back on their stargate project in the UK because energy is getting too expensive, and yet they're going out to their best is saying, look, we're ahead of the game, We're ahead of anthropic because of our compute that we have. What are you seeing in terms of people trying to rearrange where that compute is access from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, you know the way I kind of view it, and my background really is within the commodity space, is that people are going to be very thoughtful about managing the cost of delivering infrastructure. And some of that is going to come from the energy side. It's going to be, hey, where can we get electrons that are effectively priced so that we can continue to drive our company, But it's also going to come from places like Corewave, where our software and the yield on the compute that we build is just higher than other alternatives because of the quality of the software environment that we build. And so you're seeing both sides of that coin really being driven, and you're seeing the success of our infrastructure and the adoption of our infrastructure because of the part that we can impact. So we we we look at the different energy markets, We place our infrastructure in lots of different places in order to mitigate localized risks such as what's happening in Europe at the moment. But we really do think that the part that we can directly control is the quality of the infrastructure we delivered.
Speaker 3: You pull back from the UK, Michael.
Speaker 2: No, No, we have no intention of pulling back from the UK. We are well positioned there. We have uh, you know a great relationship with the energy companies, with the data centers, and you know, with the with the UH broader economy over there, and we absolutely will continue to build and expand our footprint in those jurisdictions.
Speaker 1: Michael Intry, I always wish we had more time with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's been a busy week. Give me some rest. We appreciate it. We see you