Speaker 1: Remember the simpler days when a prank call just meant phoning Grandma to ask her if the refrigerator was running. Now we got stolen phone numbers, paid live streams, and six figure fins. We will tell you why the league is taking action against the Falcons and who could be next. The Falcons so far are taking no action on their former starting quarterback, and Kirk Cousins options now appear to be down to one or maybe none. Here from GM Terry Fontinaugh on why the team is still in no rush to move.
Speaker 2: On from a one hundred million dollar investment.
Speaker 1: The Bills, of course have their quarterback and it seems to be a little consternation in Buffalo, but why they're not getting Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Even more receivers.
Speaker 1: Cameron Wolf will join us to explain why Brandon Bean prioritized defense is the name. Patrick Mahomes ring a bell welcome inside with the Insiders alongside Judy Batista and Mike Garafolo.
Speaker 2: I am Tom Pelisero.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty seven short days until the twenty twenty five NFL kickoff game. Two weeks for tonight will be unveiling the twenty twenty five schedule always a huge moment as we look ahead to the season against what two days from right now, we're going to see some of those new members of your favorite team out there running around with jerseys and their new helmets because Rookie Mini Camp Week is upon us, and some of those rookies already in the building. That includes Sdor Sanders, the Browns' newest quarterback, the number one forty four overall pick and perhaps the number one most discussed for a variety of reasons. He is already in Boria for his introduction, posting on his social media account, one of two rookie quarterbacks on that team, but the only one who got a call from fake Mickey Loomis.
Speaker 2: Leading to this.
Speaker 1: The NFL today finding the Falcons organization two hundred fifty thousand dollars and defensive coordinator Jeff Obrook one hundred thousand dollars over the leak of Sanders' phone number, specifically the fines issued according to the league for failing to prevent the disclosure of confidential information distributed to the club in advance of the NFL Draft. It was Olbrich's son, Jacks, who took the number from Olbrik's ibad and used it to prank Sanders. Here's what Dad had to say today.
Speaker 3: First of all, I like to publicly apologize to Schadur and the Sanders family for what occurred. Second of all, I want to publicly apologize to mister Blank, Terry Foutno, Rean Morris, and the entire Falcons organization. My actions, my actions of not protecting confidential data were inexcusable. My son's actions were absolutely inexcusable, and for that we are both deeply sorry. The NFL has taken action and I fully respect the punishment. We take full responsibility my son and myself, and we will not be appealing the fine in any way. Going forward, I promised my son and I will work hard to demonstrate we are better than this. Again, I'm deeply sorry for our actions.
Speaker 4: What was your reaction?
Speaker 5: How did you process it?
Speaker 4: Your family and the thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously not happy and shocked, and so I made the Falcons aware of the situation, and then our next course of action was to try to get a hold of the Sanders family so we could apologize in person, which we were able to do, and the great the Sanders family should er and coach Sanders were amazingly gracious, more gracious than they needed to be in a moment like this. It's something that I brought upon myself and my son brought upon himself. So it's it's one of those things where we gotta we got to take this on the chin, and we absolutely are doing that and taking full responsibility, and I'm hopeful we'll grow and be better.
Speaker 4: Because of it.
Speaker 1: There's a statement from the Falcon saying, in part that thanks the league for quickly addressing the situation, also that the Olbert family is working with the organization to participate in community service initiatives in relation to last weeks matter. Judy, this is not the first time that we've had prank calls during the draft.
Speaker 2: We've heard a lot of stories through the years.
Speaker 1: This is certainly the first time that you have a viral video from both ends of the call, a number lifted from an open iPad. This is a very twenty twenty five story, and obviously the NFL trying to make sure.
Speaker 2: We don't have a repeat in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and actually the NFL is still looking into other prank calls that replace their trying to find out where those numbers were obtained. Let's be clear, there have been prank calls in previous years, and there were a number of them this year in addition to Shador Sanders. I mean, there are a lot of ways to get cell phone umbers in this day and age. If you know where to look, you can get them. What stood out about Shador's number is that this was like an NFL only phone number. He got only late last week, right before the draft began, and it was only shared with NFL people, which is why it was much easier to figure out, and of course then they self reported it. It was much easier to figure out where this was coming from. Let's be clear, the NFL sent out about forty phone numbers for players who were in Green Bay or who were watching the draft remotely to teams. They send them out to the general manager, the head coach, and the player personnel director, and then it is up to the teams to decide who gets those numbers. Again, should Door's number was separate because he had just gotten a new phone that was only for the NFL. It's important to understand that when that memo went out, it was stamped confidential. The NFL takes not sharing public information. Really seriously, every year the owner, head coach, and GM of every team has to sign something that says there have been no rules violations and that includes not sharing public information. And that same kind of language is also in coaches contracts. So they're not joking around about this. Certainly, they don't want this to happen at all. They would like to cut back on it as much as they possibly can. I suspect in the future we're going to see teams tight in the circle of the number of people who get these numbers.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I got it, Judy, I got this ready. Everybody, listen up. I know you got me up there in three p forty five right now in New York offices, listen to me. Shdor Sanders when he finally did get drafted, he knew it wasn't a prank call. Do you want to know why video call video call? Andrew Berry was staring him in the face. The Browns did that for content purposes, for social media purposes. But I think it's actually a really good security thing that you can do. You can't mimic the Browns draft room or Andrew Berry's face, or maybe.
Speaker 8: You can with a AI these days.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but it'd be harder to do that from Barry College, from a dormitory there.
Speaker 9: Then it would be to do it via just a phone call.
Speaker 4: So we have the.
Speaker 7: Capabilities, ladies and gentlemen. It'll be twenty twenty six next year. Still no flying cars. Hoverboards do have actual wheels, so not quite the future that we were planned by this point, but we do have the video calls, and I believe that that should be a big part of what we do next year in the draft to prevent the pranks, because look a man in the eye, tell me he's about to be drafted, Mike.
Speaker 1: Pic're urging our audience to figure out who can create the best Andrewberry deep fake before the twenty twenty six NFL Draft, So some homework for enterprising individuals out there. Also should be noted too that beyond the standard distribution of the phone numbers, there was an email that went out to clubs that literally had a subject line Chador Sanders' new cell phone number, So quite possible Jax Oldbrick, twenty one years old didn't even have to search that hard for Shador's number. I would imagine there are a variety of protocols that will be adjusted moving forward.
Speaker 2: As for a quarterback who is still.
Speaker 1: On the Falcons roster, Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed twenty seven point five million dollars in twenty twenty five, which would make it easily the highest paid backup quarterback in NFL history. He's still there, He's still in Atlanta. There have been discussions, nothing has progressed in terms of a trade which Cousins would have to sign off on by waving his no trade clause. Terry Fott know the latest.
Speaker 10: We just have to be patient there, and we we always were open with it, not just talking about Kirk, but with really anybody on our roster. You know, we have a lot of those calls with I'll probably talk to already six or seven GMS since the draft has ended, and they're talking about their roster. We're talking about our roster. Because after you get through the draft, that shifts some things in terms of needs and surplus and all that. And so we're always patient with those types of things because if something comes to us with Kirk or any other player that makes sense and it's going to help this team, then we're going to be aggressive. And we're going to do it, and if it's not something that's going to ultimately help this team. We always have to ask that question, is it the best for the Atlanta Falcons, for this organization, And if it is, we're going to be willing to do it. But all that communication is always ongoing.
Speaker 1: Michael Hered Terry Finos say a version of that repeatedly since back at the scouting combine. We're only going to do it if it's in the best interest of the Falcons, which seems like a not so much coded way of saying, you better take on salary here and give us something worthwhile. Otherwise, we've already paid this guy sixty two point five million, why would we move on from him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's also a way of communicating to other teams that we're not just going to give this guy away for peanuts. And look the deeper this gets. Let's say it doesn't happen in the spring. Let's say we go into the summer and we have the preseason and make joint practices whatever. Right, that opens up the possibility for a Vikings like situation where they needed a quarterback. The Eagles had Sam Brad for they had just drafted Carson Wentz, they had a backup and Chase Daniel as well. The return on that was a first round pick. So you could look at it now and say, all right, well, we're in a situation where we're looking at a potential I don't know, day three pick, like that's the offers that would be on the table at this point. If we do wait it out and we get into that situation, the return could be much much higher. And then this whole situation from the start to finish. Now he'd have to sign off on that, and I'm sure that he would at that point because it'd be a chance to be a starting quarterback. But right now it seems like Pittsburgh bust and everybody kind of knows that. And if Aaron Rodgers decides he wants to go to Pittsburgh and they take him there, well then there's really no clear landing spot.
Speaker 9: Then it looks like he'll.
Speaker 7: Just be locked into that situation I was just talking about. And then the worst case scenario there, Judy is Kirk Cousins is the backup quarterback, which the Falcons have said all along they're willing to do. It just feels like this kind of three way standoff, maybe even a thirty two way standoff.
Speaker 6: Base, it still feels impossible that he could remain there as the backup quarterback. I don't know if that's a good situation for anybody. It's certainly not a good situation for Kirk Cousins, and I don't think it would be a very good situation for Michael Pennix either. To have Kirk Cousins, you know, the former starter who they paid all this money to right over your shoulder, certainly not good.
Speaker 11: If Pennox happens to get off.
Speaker 6: To a slow start or has a bad day, our fans going to start calling for kirk Cousins. But you're right, as things stands right now, I don't know an obvious landing spot that Kirk Cousins would want unless the Aaron Rodgers thing falls through in Pittsburgh, and then that would leave them with an obvious opening for a starting quarterback if they would want Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 11: You're right.
Speaker 6: If we let this go into the summer, training camp starts in pre season, you know inevitably there will be injuries somewhere, and then does that open the door to more potential landing spots?
Speaker 11: For him that Kirk Cousins would like. I don't know.
Speaker 6: The bottom line to me is I just cannot envision that the season kicks off with Kirk Cousins as a backup quarterbacks to the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Here's the art thing to consider it.
Speaker 1: The no trade clause does not expire, and if it requires to Mike's point about Philadelphia and Vikings back in twenty sixteen, Teddy Bridgewater got hurt on August thirtieth, that trade was made on Labor Day weekend. If it gets that far into this, Kirk Cousins might just say, I don't want to go to this team. I don't know the coaches, I don't know the players, I haven't had any reps. Is that really going to benefit me in my career? Move my family across the country in the fall. It's a real possibility here because he does have that card. Kirk Cousins gets to the side, am I going to approve any trade? Will see if anything develops here in the coming months. It would help perhaps if they could play in slow motion all the time, or at least be in slow motion like this video. Justin Fields Garrett Wilson get excited Jets fans. The Ohio state connection is back in New York, Judy, this is something that was one of the fascinating stories in the entire offseason. Obviously, a new regime in New York with Darren Mougie as the GM, with Aaron Glenn as the new head coach of first time play caller in Tanner Angster, and they get this guy in Justin Fields, Pozna's third team in three years. We've seen the flashes of it, we haven't seen the consistency of it.
Speaker 2: You're close to it.
Speaker 1: What are your expectations for that combination? And we're going to see from the Jets offense in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Well, that video we just showed you is like the dream sequence for the New York Jets.
Speaker 11: Look.
Speaker 6: Aaron Glenn, when I talked to him at the annual meeting back in March, said he thinks that Justin Field still has a very high ceiling and that they can get him to that and that he is ready to reach the level that he can play at. Obviously, again when you show it in slow motion, it's just beautiful. He's already got the built in connection with Garrett Wilson, so they're already ahead of where Aaron Rodgers was With Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 11: Quite frankly, the question.
Speaker 6: Is can he operate the offense efficiently, which he was doing in Pittsburgh, and then can he get the ball down the field? That is what they wanted more of in Pittsburgh. They wanted more explosive plays, they wanted more scoring than they were getting at that point. That is why they made the switch away from Justin Fields. But again, Aaron Glenn, who faced him as the defensive coordinator when he was in Detroit and Justin Fields was in Chicago, he feels that he still has a very high stealing and that the Jets can get him to it, and certainly the presidence of his buddy Garrett Wilson is going to help a lot.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, we're into fifth year option season as the deadline to accept those options for next season. There for the twenty twenty six season for players who were drafted a couple of years ago.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty two.
Speaker 7: To be exact, the Jets picked up all three officially of the players that they drafted in the first round that year, Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, and Jermine Johnson, Johnson tweeting out his thanks and his expectation for year five for him. That is the first time, according to our guy Ben McWilliams, do we have the graphic of this?
Speaker 11: Ben?
Speaker 9: Ben wrote such a beautiful email. You put it in graphic form.
Speaker 8: I'll just read it.
Speaker 7: So the first time since the fifth year option was introduced back in twenty eleven with a new collective bargaining agreement, so the first time that a team has picked up three all three of the options there. So the Joe Douglas era, it did not end well because of everything that was committed toward Aaron Rodgers. But this was an amazing draft class and it is something for Darren Moujie and for Aaron Glenn to work with moving forward here as they get these guys under contract for the twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Season fifth year options, that's the twenty twenty sixth year on those contracts, they're fully guaranteed at the time that they are exercised, which influences some of the decisions. These five right here no brainers, Drake London, Kyle Hamilton, the two guys from the Chiefs and Jordan Davis all having theirs picked up there are some other players who did not have their options exercised in certain cases, including for Tyler Lindenbaum, Kyle Hamilton's teammate with the Ravens. That could be an indication that while the Ravens do not want to play that number and haven't locked in the books for twenty twenty six, a new deal at a more team favorable number could be in the offing. Meanwhile, another Jets news some unfortunate news for Jordan Travis, the quarterback who we all saw have an unbelievable year at Florida State back in twenty twenty three, prior to a devastating leg injury that not only ended Travis's college career kept Florida State out of the College Football Playoff, but also has now ended Jordan Travis's NFL career before it got started. He announced today he is retiring from the NFL. Put everything he had into rehabbing that leg, it just did not come around. Best wishes to Jordan Travis in whatever comes next. The top quarterback, top player taking in this year's draft, Titans and cam Ward arriving at the facility, the new face of the Titans organization getting a ride. It's rainy there. The weather will improve in Nashville. I feel very comfortable about that. Take a look at some of the other quarterbacks taken in this year's NFL draft. There were a lot of them, even more that we're showing you. I believe thirteen in all in that graphic. But some of the notables Jackson Dart, Tyler Schuck, Jalen Milroe, the Browns getting a two for one with Dylan Gabriel and Schador Sanders, Col mc cord, Will Howard also coming off the board, among others. As we welcome in our Brian Baldinger to the conversation, you look at those names, Baldy, there's different scenarios where not just one, but a bunch of those guys could see a path towards seeing the field in twenty twenty five. In your mind, which quarterback landed in the best spot?
Speaker 4: But I think Jackson Dark is in a good spot.
Speaker 12: And I know Russell Wilson is there, Jameis Winston is there, but and Russell Wilson might very well start. But I expect Jackson Dark to get on the field this year now this organization. Last year I saw quarterbacks throw for thirteen touchdown passes in seventeen games. The quarterback position has to be upgraded. So you trade, you know, in order to move up to the twenty fifth pick. This is the second or third round pick. This is the first round pick now, and when you're your first round pick, things change.
Speaker 4: Especially when you're aggressed it.
Speaker 12: They got their outside linebacker, and I'm dual Carter great, but they traded up to get their quarterback. And this is the first drafted quarterback that Brian Dable is going to be able to hopefully develop. And so the only way you're develop in his business, as we know Tomas by playing. And so he may sit to start, but I don't think he's going to sit. If the Giants struggle, if Russell Wilson struggles, I expect Jackson Dart to get out there. They're going to find out what they have and the only way to find out is to play them, and so I think that we're going to see him out there.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good situation.
Speaker 12: They've upgraded the offensive line, they drafted a running back, the receivers all return, there's some help around him, and I think Brian Dable gets the program. Jackson Dart from the start remember top, they could have taken anybody they wanted after Cam Woor, they chose Jackson Dart. So we'll find out about Joe Shane and his ability to kind of look.
Speaker 4: At that position, draft that position.
Speaker 12: We'll see what Brian Dable could do with the guy that they wanted, that they traded up to get, and how they program them. I think Jackson Dart's in a good spot to start his career at some point this season. Baldi, thank you very much. A lot more to come from you later on in this show.
Speaker 1: I know you're already ready for the twenty twenty five NFL season. For everybody else, get ready for the twenty twenty five NFL season like never before. But the highly anticipated NFL schedule release. Every game revealed, every rivalry, every rematch in every rookie debut. May fourteenth, mark your calendar. Get all the details at NFL dot com Slash schedule release. So much more to come tonight on the Insiders and Clay to look it out. The defending champs handled the draft. We will break down the latest Eagles as they begin their title defense. Coming up first, Josh Allen locked in, of course, as the Bills quarterback for years to come. But should they have gotten a little bit more help in the receiving game. Brandon Bean certainly does not think so. We'll see what Camera Wolf thinks when he joins us next.
Speaker 4: Very mild step into.
Speaker 11: That Welcome back to the insiders.
Speaker 6: That is the Buffalo Bills draft class of twenty twenty five. And if you can see the really fine print, you will notice a theme that is a whole lot of defensive players up very high in the draft. We noticed it. Other people noticed it. They had thoughts about it. Brandon Bean has thoughts about their thoughts.
Speaker 13: I was like, twenty eighteen all over with you guys, Well we're very how so well you guys were mentioning in twenty eighteen about Josh Allen. You guys wanted Josh Rosen. And now you guys are that we don't have a receiver. I don't get it, Like we just go hold on, let me talk.
Speaker 4: We just scored.
Speaker 14: Thirty points in a row for eight straight games a year ago. I get you guys asking why we didn't have receivers, But I don't understand it.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 14: You just saw us lead the league in points. You just saw us do it without Stefan Diggs saying, group, How is this group not better than last year's group?
Speaker 4: So I get it.
Speaker 14: You got to have a show and you got to have something to be about.
Speaker 2: But let's be realistic.
Speaker 14: Your job is not to have It's not fantasy football to trot out the best receivers.
Speaker 2: You got Josh Allen.
Speaker 16: First thing you got to do is protect him.
Speaker 2: You can't have everything.
Speaker 6: Who Brandon dean On plod to We love it, Cam Wolfe, welcome back to the Insiders. All right, let's talk about the Bills draft class, because there's no question it tilted quite heavily toward defense.
Speaker 11: What were they trying to do there?
Speaker 16: Well? First, I love Brandon Bean's radio call there.
Speaker 17: He's getting criticism for years and he boils over and it pops.
Speaker 16: Let's have more GM's telling us how they really feel.
Speaker 17: And the reality is is there's a lot of truth in what Brandon Bean has said. I have been covering this Bill's team for years and it hasn't been Josh Allen. It hasn't been the wide receiver position that stopped him. It's been an inability to stop Patrick Mahomes, inability for pass rush, and inability to have cornerbacks on the field, and so I laughed today because the Bills signed Elijah Moore. And my first thought is, what are the radio hosts thinking now that they added.
Speaker 8: A wide receiver.
Speaker 16: But the reality is the Bills needed defense.
Speaker 17: They added five picks, the first five picks of this draft on defense. Maxwell Harrison their cornerback the first round pick. He ran a four to eight all speed at corner. He's going to get a chance to compete for a starting spot with Trey White, who they brought back at that spot. They were bottom ten and pass defense last year. Definitely helping that unit. But I really love what they did up front with a lot of the big boys they added within this group.
Speaker 16: They added TJ. Sanders traded up to get him.
Speaker 17: He's a guy that I heard I had some interest from other teams that they didn't trade up and get them.
Speaker 16: He has some pass rush ability.
Speaker 17: Brandon Bean believes he can play next to Ed Oliver on those third down rush situations, and so you add him into the group. They got Dion Walker in the fourth front of big nose tackle, getting a need there, and then Landon Jackson at edge rusher in the third round, giving them some edge rush talent, so they think they have enough at edge and this Bills team is ready for another go at the Chiefs.
Speaker 16: Whether those radio hosts think they're ready or not.
Speaker 6: All right, let's stay in the division, but go down south of Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 11: Let's be real about it.
Speaker 6: They needed to get tougher, and they did focus on the trenches in the draft.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's a big boy draft from Miami. They had about six hundred and fifty pounds they drafted in the first two rounds between their picks, and I'll start with Kenneth Graham, their defensive tackle. They definitely needed to get tougher inside. How many Novembers December January is do we talk about them not being able to stop the ball? Run the ball.
Speaker 16: Kenneth Graham is a big nose tackle from Michigan. I talked to some people in.
Speaker 17: The league who had him raided higher than Mason Graham is teammate that actually went to the Cleveland Browns. He had a lot of run stuff in ability, but they think there's some potential to.
Speaker 16: Unleash as far as the pass rush.
Speaker 17: And they got one of the best defensive line coaches in the league in Austin Clark to help him develop. On the other side, getting a big guard in Jonah from Arizona.
Speaker 16: He's a guy that is powerful, steady build.
Speaker 17: They also think he has some explosion to really help protect Tua and help that running game that struggled last year. So big boy trenches for them in the draft, and now the attention first this weekend terms the Formula one which.
Speaker 16: They have here in Miami a great event.
Speaker 17: And then from there it's what happens at the cornerback position. Jalen Ramsey, from what I understand, is still going to be a expected separation at some point that marriage is essentially dissolved.
Speaker 16: And when that does happen, whether that's in.
Speaker 17: May or in June, when they can get more salary cap relief, there's going to be a huge hole in that cornerback position for Miami, and so I'd expect them to look heavily in the free agency market, veteran options, maybe even the trade market.
Speaker 16: I heard Russell Douglas as a name.
Speaker 17: They've looked into the former Bills cornerback, but they need at least two veteran cornerbacks to add to that room. But their main thing was to get the big boys up front, try to get tougher, more physical, and they feel like they accomplished that in the draft.
Speaker 6: The Jalen Ramsey situation one of the last big issues to still be resolved this offseason.
Speaker 1: Thursday night was a long one for Ohio State tackled Josh Simmons, but with the final pick in round one, the Chiefs brought home a guy who certainly could play a big role in protecting Patrick Mahomes four years to come.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Insiders.
Speaker 1: Tom Pellicerro joined it now once again by Brian Valdeger as well as our Jeffrey Chania.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, you're right there in Kansas City. Josh Simmons.
Speaker 1: There were some questions he's had injuries, there were questions about maturity. There's no question at all about how talented this guy is. What did you make of that pick? And the chief draft as all, well.
Speaker 15: It's a risky pick, Tom, It's a worthwhile gamble for the Chiefs because they're trying to get this left tackle situation fixed and Josh Simmons is exactly the kind of.
Speaker 8: Player who could fix it if he's healthy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: General manager Bedfeech joked before the draft with Andy Reid that if he wants a left tackle, you either have to lose some games or get a guy who's injured or as character issues. And they got the guy who's injured. But they love his potential here and if he is what they hope he can be, he can be a huge home run for this group. But I think a couple picks that should be mentioned here later in the draft of the Chiefs that could be good for them. Or Noel Williams, a cornerback from cal and Jalen Royals, a wide receiver from Utah State, both guys who contribute, if not this year, at least somewhere down the road.
Speaker 8: Baldy, Jeff, I.
Speaker 4: Mean they addressed the left tackle position.
Speaker 12: It seems like they do it every year, going back to when they signed Donovan Smith or drafting jan Ye Morris or change the playing tunity in there from left guard to left tackle. They have to try to get it fixed. It really showed up in the Super Bowl against the Eagles the deficiency at that position. And so if Josh Simmons gets you know that to tell attended. If he gets that held, which should be fine, and he gets out there his talent is supreme. And look, they lost some defensive tackles on that side of the ball for Spags.
Speaker 4: And so you go out there and you.
Speaker 12: Draft a couple of different guys, uh and Norman Lot along with a lot off of the edge right there.
Speaker 4: But I agree Jalen Royals.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know the wide receiver, like, that's some wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Room right now.
Speaker 12: You better be able to run with Xavier Worthy, Hollywood Brown and now Royals.
Speaker 4: I mean that's a four by one, you know, four hundred meter relay team right there. There's gonna be.
Speaker 12: Some defensive backs that might pull up some hamstrings in some of those practices out there in Missouri this summer. But they've had his feet to that offense. And uh, you know, just out of another linebacker, Jeffrey Bassler. You know, we saw him lose one in free agency. So you know, Spags can always use another young linebacker to kind of fill in and work in to his schemes.
Speaker 1: The AFC still goes through Kansas City, The AFC West definitely goes through Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: The last time the Chiefs didn't win the division title, Patrick Mahomes was still playing baseball at Texas Tech. When you look at the rest of the division here, which of these teams helped themselves the most of this draft to maybe try to catch the big dogs on top.
Speaker 8: Oh, for me, it's the Denver Broncos time.
Speaker 15: And getting Today Baron in the first round the cornerback from Texas was a huge move for them. People thought that Broncos would go running back receiver, maybe try to get a tight end of Tyler Warren or coach and levelm was still around. But to get Today bar and a guy who can jump into a second year that already has Patricks Tretaan and Riley Moss, and the defense that has great edge rushers and interior defenders, I think it's a home run for Vans.
Speaker 8: Joseph their defensive coordinator.
Speaker 15: And you think about how Riley Moss, who got banged up down the stretch last year, how that impacted this defense. Now you're talking about a defense that had sichy three sacks, leading the league, third in points allowed, and you have a secondary like this, I think that they are well positioned baldly to deal with the Chiefs on offense and.
Speaker 12: A team that won ten games a year go. They should get better, especially bow Nicks in the second year. But Jeff, I'm gonna go with the Raiders here because for the first time I feel like in a while, they've got a proven guy at the top and Pete Carroll. They brought in Ship Kelly in the offense quarter. So when you draft Ashton Gent, you now are going to have an identity on offense. Jill Smith will turn around and hand the ball off the Gent probably three hundred times that year, probably throw it to them another fifty times. They're going to have an identity. They're going to be tougher. And then you know, when you add Jack Besch to replace Devonte Adams at a receiver position, when you add a Darien Porter that can maybe replace Jack Jones at leftporter, you go through the list. I feel like the Raiders had the most to improve, Jeff. They won four games last year. They if they improved like I think they will with the stability they have at the very top, the whole division gets tougher and so maybe there's just you know, more losses amongst those teams within the division, as I think everybody's improved right now.
Speaker 1: Baldy, stick around, you be back to talk about the drafts in the NFC East Jeffrey, thank you as always.
Speaker 7: The green Bay Packers select Baron Currell Deventsive End, Texas.
Speaker 5: And here's why the Commissioner came out to announce it, because Baron Serell has been in.
Speaker 8: The green room this entire time.
Speaker 16: Wow, good for him sticking around. I love the fact that he stuck it out here. He is getting his moment.
Speaker 8: Baron, welcome home.
Speaker 17: Your name was called and this is now your kingdom, Landewfield.
Speaker 18: This is a bleasant I'm so happy on you.
Speaker 4: Go back go.
Speaker 15: That's all like a silence.
Speaker 5: Go go p go, go put go go plack go, go plak, go go plack, go, go plack go.
Speaker 7: One of the great scenes from Draft Weekend, Baron Serrell going to the packers in the green room, had no idea he'd be taken by Green Bay, and that's how it happened. So he says, there's no better feeling than waking up a green Bay packer today.
Speaker 2: Let's work.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now the work starts like that was all fun, barn, But now the work starts, and part of the work is being here with us on the insiders.
Speaker 9: Appreciate you joining us.
Speaker 2: Baron. Take us back.
Speaker 9: I mean, people didn't know that you were there. You were kind of lurking in the background.
Speaker 7: What was the genesis of you being there in the draft room, in the green room and there for when the packers are going to take you in front of your home crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So I've been offending this league for a very long time, and i mean watch it. You watched the draft year in a year out, and I knew that going into this year that obviously I'll be draft. I was going on that that's the goal, that's what I want to do. So it was very fortunate to have that opportunity. My agent worked it out with the staff at the NFL. Very thankful for them to have me there. And obviously my projected day was Day two, but they still took me in and everything, and I was able to do everything with all the other prospects out there throughout the week. But my day that I was in a great room was day too, and it didn't turn out the way we plan But just thankful to the NFL staff, thankful to the Commissioner, to the NFL legends and everybody, and honestly, most importantly just God, because without him, none of this is possible, but made that decision to come back the next day, and it was very thankful for that decision.
Speaker 6: All right, tell us what went into that decision, because that couldn't have been easy sitting there all that time. Why did you decide to go back for day three? Who did you talk to before you made the decision?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a really hard decision.
Speaker 18: Like you said, obviously already having your mind set on something, but just having that perspective switch for me, that's really what happened, and just always try to just show an attitude of gratitude, and that was kind of what just tooking the place, talking to my family, talking to people closed by me, having that conversation with the commissioner, the NFL legends, and you talked to some of them and you realize that, you know, for some of them, it was a twelve round draft back then, and they still went undrafted. Still it was eleven round picks, and they're just like, I mean, at the end of the day, you're doing something that a lot of people don't do, and that's go to the NFL. You're gonna get your name called. So just had that perspective switch and just realize that like, you know what, my family's here, I'm gonna be I'm gonna sit here, stick it out. And I just think that everything that I showed throughout that that week really just took and in a way just showed you know what it took to get there. And that's just patience and trust in the process.
Speaker 7: Great call, because if you had been taken by Green Bay and you were there and then you left, oh man, I would have been right there, so great yoah. By you being there for that moment and then the moments that followed, you were able to go right to the team facility because it was right there, I believe there was a Lambeau leap as well take us through the rest of that day.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, that was man. I'm looking forward to the next one. I have my cleat on in my jersey on, so I actually be able to get all the way up there the outfit that I had or was not playing for Lambeau leaping, let me say that, but just enjoin the city, enjoying us city afterwards. That's really all that came down.
Speaker 16: Too.
Speaker 18: Happy that my family was with me and they were all able to experience that as well. Doing the press conference, meeting the coaching staff. There's just so many things about that day that you know, I always hold close to me.
Speaker 4: Is a good memory.
Speaker 6: All right, let's sneak in one football question here. What are you going to bring to them as a pass rusher? They could do some pass rushing help. So what are they getting in you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 18: For me, I mean, it's a guy that I mean, at the end of the day, is just about getting to the quarterback and affecting them in a multitude of ways. And that's hits, that's Harry's, that's getting my hands up, and that's second the quarterback, and that's the ultimate goal. And I'm just ready to go there and be used as however they need me to. But also knowing that you know, from day one, man, I'm trying to get out there and reciprocate the energy that the fans, that this community is given to me. I'm just ready to put on for everybody out there that's been giving me the support, and you know, just go out there and make plays.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and here's Matthew.
Speaker 7: How about this, Like you go play in Texas, you always got matthewm Hey following your every step along the way.
Speaker 9: How much you love to see this tweet right there.
Speaker 18: Man. I mean, that's a guy he's literally on the sideline at all our games, just always giving that constant support. You know, y'all see the tweet there, But it's been a year of support from him. So thankful that he was able to tweet that about me and everything. And you know, I always will have that relationship with him and you know, everybody at the University of Texas.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited.
Speaker 6: I had quite an initiation to Green Bay. Well, once you gets settled there, once you move in someplace, Like, what's the first thing you want to do in Green Bay?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 18: I want to just go in that facility in practice. Like for me, I'm just ready to play some football. Like I mean, throughout this has been a very long process, and now that I'm actually know where I'm about to line up with, you know this this season, knowing the team that I'm going to play for.
Speaker 8: Like, I'm just ready to play some football.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm ready to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, if I'm a Packers coach, I love hearing you say that you want to go out there and practice, But you remind me, I mean, if you had a chance to talk to Jeff Hafley, the defensive coordinator, any of the coaches, and what have they been able to tell you so far?
Speaker 18: Yes, sir, so, I mean obviously right after humped off the stage, went over there and jined the facility. They all welcomed me in and was able to you know, talk to him and just you know, start that relationship. So looking forward to going over there. I going for mini campus soon. So getting ready to actually, you know, get to work.
Speaker 7: Get ready to get to work. Man, appreciate you being here with us. Looking forward to that first lambeau leap. Maybe it's a fumble recovery, Maybe it's an interception, Maybe it's a sack fumble to trifect them. You pick up your own sack fumble. I can see it now happening. Listen, the way things have been going for you whenever you're putting out into the universe is probably going.
Speaker 9: To happen there. And so please start to do that. All right, Thank you for your time, best of luck.
Speaker 16: Let's get to work, all right, Yes, sir, thank you all for having me.
Speaker 9: Had a boy. Appreciate it. Baron Cerrel, Jihad Campbell.
Speaker 7: Now he's filling Ulphia Eagle, a guy that they didn't think was going to get anywhere near them at thirty two, and he traded up to thirty one when he got in That neigh were even trying earlier. The Eagles thrilled to get Campbe. We're going to break that down and more on the Insiders.
Speaker 9: Next, there's your pet up Eagles draft class.
Speaker 16: There.
Speaker 7: You got you Hot Campbell up top there in the middle as the first round pick, the team trading up one spot to get him. Kyle McCord, the local kid down there at the bottom, joining the quarterback room with Tanner McKee and Jalen Hurtz. Brian Bouldinger now joining the insiders. Baldy, you took that screenshot in right there, you see the entire Eagles draft class. Your thoughts starting with your Hot Campbell.
Speaker 12: Well, I thought he was the best linebacker in the draft, and I remember watching him at the combine mic warm up and run elite time at four or five at you know, two hundred and forty two pounds. I mean, he's completely He's a South Jersey kid from timder Creek went down to IMG but he's happy as heck to be there. And really, this is vic Fangio's defense. You know, as much as Howie gets the credit, this is what wanted. You know, you got Zach Wand it's the first linebacker they drafted in the first round night since nineteen seventy nine when they drafted Jerry Robinson.
Speaker 4: Out of UCLA.
Speaker 12: They don't normally do these things, but Vic fangium is a special coach. So the attack defense, the first five picks, whether it's mccooba, Ty Robinson. People in Philadelphia got to know time through Matt Ruhle, who coached him at Nebraska, who's a Philly favor for what he did at Temple. So he was all over the air waves all week, you know. And then you get Kyle McCord. You know, low Kid went to Saint Jose Prep, you know, right there in their backyard, and you know, you look at the bloodlines of Drew Kendall and Files Hitting right there. All their fathers played in the NFL. Files Hitting his dad played with me and Indianapolis. Like it's it's just what the Eagles do. Draft offensive line and let Jeff Statlin develop them, trade them off, use them.
Speaker 4: You know, the rich get richer sometimes.
Speaker 7: Mike, Yeah, a lot of folks impressed with that ty Robinson pick there in the fourth venu. You just know he's going to be a contributor for this team. The way that they've been able to draft defensive lineman and defensive tackles all the way into the third round in recent years and getting those guys paid, as we saw with Milton Williams recently with the Patriots. So we'll see what's in ty Robinson's future. Definitely some contributions elsewhere in the NFC East. The team that improved itself the most to compete with the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, the Cowboys had a bad year last year.
Speaker 12: They had all the injuries, they fell backwards after winning twelve games three years in a row, change coaches, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: But I thought they helped themselves in the draft.
Speaker 12: Tyler Booker is the dog they need on that offensive line. They should have a good, strong starting five up front. They drafted a South Jersey kid and donovanza Rocco for Boston College, who like they needed somebody that can compliment Michael on the other side, and I think I think Donovan could do that. He's been an excellent player at Boston College. Savone ravel is a position of need with all the injuries they had at Corner.
Speaker 4: A year ago. To get along Corner like that.
Speaker 12: At East Carolina, you know they get a running back in Jaydon Blue out of Texas.
Speaker 4: So I think they helped themselves in a lot of ways.
Speaker 12: If they can stay healthy, get some of the guys back, and get them to.
Speaker 4: Play a full season, they should be improved.
Speaker 12: And I think this draft should help because it always starts up front. The Cowboys to spend their twelfth pick on Tyler Booker be happier for him. He is a true leader, and you get around Tyler Booker, you learn football. He's a very very smart guy. And then he's talented as well.
Speaker 2: On top of him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tyler Booker against some of the defensive tackles in this division, that is a matchup that I am.
Speaker 9: Very much looking forward to. I know you are too as well.
Speaker 7: Brian Baldinger appreciates your insight always here on the Insiders.
Speaker 1: Jamis Winston signed a one year contract with the New York Giants several weeks ago. Since then, Russell Wilson has also signed in New York. They turn it up for Jackson Dart. None of that is stopping Jamis from getting to know the culture neighbors.
Speaker 2: That from the Sopranos gobble.
Speaker 16: A gogle goo go goo goo gobble gool gobble bool.
Speaker 8: But Thanksgiving that's gonna be eppy, oh gobble bubble gool.
Speaker 1: Any of US Italian hosts of this show could certainly weigh in on this, but I'm gonna go to Mike.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: First off, explained Gabba ghoul Mike. And two, how's how's Jamis doing speaking the language? Well, yeah, he's now in it. That's the local dialect.
Speaker 7: Capacola is what you would say if you were trying to say the real word. But I would just advise Jamis, next time you've got a guy in your quarterback room that's fluent in all this stuff, you might want to go with Tommy DeVito next time you go.
Speaker 11: Judy.
Speaker 6: It seemed like his pronunciation was getting worse as the day went on, so I'm sort of wondering what was going on during the day. It was devolving. We'll work on it. We got loads of time with this.
Speaker 1: Jamis a lot of rookies getting used to their new homes. That includes the Bucks Rookie class, which included Mecca Ibuka in the first round. Tens Johnson, a seventh round draft pick. He is the smallest player in this draft, blast and one hundred and fifty four pounds now teammates with Desmond Watson, undrafted for agent who signed in Tampa four sixty four. For those math challenged people, judy their three tennis, Johnson's would only be two pounds lighter than one Desmond Watson.
Speaker 9: Where do they get pants that big?
Speaker 8: Like equipment?
Speaker 9: Guys gotta be like I assume round and they got him there.
Speaker 1: If you want need some fun to do, tonight watch Desmond Watson Highlights, and tomorrow watch US again PM to see it.