Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Ryan Peacta crist.
Speaker 3: On Air on Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: All Right, good morning, guys. It's the beginning of the weekend, our first last Friday of twenty twenty four. Gotta get that in my head, twenty twenty four. I just barely got used to doing twenty three.
Speaker 3: It's tough to get used to it. I'm you know, I'm saving some pdf files and I accidentally have been saving them with twenty three still and I have to go back and fix it.
Speaker 1: Do you ever? I did this last year, And by the way, I'm there when the year changes. Hey, yeah you are. I'm there when it flips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you parsonically change it for us.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I still get into like a day or a week or a moment where I'm like, wait, you're when it's twenty three twenty four four? Baby? Are you excited about twenty four? Teny? It's like you're coming in with more glee than ever.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited for twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I love a new year. I love a new chapter. I love January because it's like a new fresh.
Speaker 3: Star bragging she's been waiting for this chapter for her entire.
Speaker 1: Lives, bragging, this is the year of the wedding.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not just it.
Speaker 5: I feel as though I love a new year always, every year, even when I was single.
Speaker 3: Somzi, this is.
Speaker 1: All you've wanted all your life. Every year we come back, you say, this is my year for exactly what's finally happening this year? Yeah, okay, like you are ready to eat this year. Okay, yeah, you're ready to eat. They don't even know what it means, Mark, because you see that come right over their head.
Speaker 3: What is it like?
Speaker 1: Mark and I get it? Ready? Is it a guy?
Speaker 3: Is it a guide joke? It's not a guide joke where I would used to the only two that lives Wakata.
Speaker 1: I ate at the gym this morning. I ate?
Speaker 3: What do you mean you ate at the gym.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna that You and I.
Speaker 3: They don't get it, but the older people get it. I'm missing something.
Speaker 1: He listen twenty twenty four, Tony's ready to eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like girl, but like gluten free, like you're.
Speaker 1: Ready to get after it.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe it was.
Speaker 1: Out of touch this year.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Do you get it? And get it okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: Is she just saying that, Ruby's just saying that.
Speaker 1: No, she's I get it? Okay? What is eat? Like?
Speaker 6: It's good? Like you went hard at the gym?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's the new way saying killed it yeah, or going to kill it like Tony's gonna eat this here?
Speaker 3: Come on, it seems heavy four heavy.
Speaker 1: It's the way you say crushing it these days? Yes, Oh, Mark, aren't your kids.
Speaker 7: Saying we ate both saying And it's confusing because if you say somebody ate it, they fell down, but if.
Speaker 1: They ate that they crushed it really well, Yeah, Wow, we're ready to eat. We're ready to eat this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's eat it.
Speaker 1: So the most bizarre part about this is that I used the expression to Mark and he got it last night because he said his kids say it.
Speaker 3: Wow, it needs It doesn't really flow off my tongue, but I will try.
Speaker 1: It's so much cooler than crushed it and killed it. We don't be saying killed it any I don't say either of those, but I do because I say crushed it all the time. So it's the worst. But I.
Speaker 4: Killed it is like I say it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Always you crushed it dying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that either.
Speaker 4: I know same.
Speaker 1: So I'm here, you're welcome. You eat.
Speaker 3: I don't like that either, Ryan, you don't eat, you eat.
Speaker 1: Like a little bird. No, but I ate it this morning at the gym. Not even I ate. I would have fallen off the trouble if I ate it. I ate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys making me fools.
Speaker 4: Current, I'm gonna try and use.
Speaker 1: It all right, So look at the phones. Everybody calling in right now wants to eat this morning. I want to delicious you guys. I mean, come on, last year Olivia Rodrigo, she's coming up and play her.
Speaker 3: I love the knowledge, So thank you for welcome.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new way of saying I killed it or I crushed it is I ate right, or we're ready to eat, like if you're ready to go, take it on, we're ready to.
Speaker 9: Please, don't say hello, yoh you're ready to eat?
Speaker 1: I'm sor ready to you know what I mean? Do you know? Do you know what it means? No? Like hungry we ate yesterday at the gym. No, call your friend Halen and see if she knows what it means nobody knows what this means. Yes, they do. You're you're so thank you. Yeah, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: So not in the new year. She's a different generation, know, all right?
Speaker 4: She goes, I'm ready to eat, Like She's like, like, where.
Speaker 1: We going tonight? It is Friday?
Speaker 3: Get it up?
Speaker 1: Well, she knows on a Friday. If I'm like, let's go eat, we can go eat.
Speaker 4: Right, she does not think it's anything else.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so wrong. Left no crumbs? All right, let's go, Systney. So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Wait, that's the thing too, Yes, Tanya, is it really left no current class and left no crumbs?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: For a while, get up to I'm going.
Speaker 5: To captain my next Instagram reel. I ate left no crumbs.
Speaker 1: Right, but you got to be doing something where you killed it? Yeah right, what's it going to be?
Speaker 4: You just have to wait and see.
Speaker 1: I can't wait, all right. So, speaking of the year and milestones, Sisney, you do that bucket list thing? What did you do that last year?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: I wrote, I created my bucket list like July of last year, things that I wanted to accomplish by my next milestone birthday, which is coming up in March.
Speaker 1: I wanted to pull that back up in the new year because your birthday's three months out, so you remember this. She had a bucket list of things to do. Well, oh that's a good one. That's fun and she wanted to get to these things but for her next birthday. So we mark has the list here. So all right, did you Siciny try a new crazy fun workout that was on your list? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, okay, so we know, well no, no, no, it's not. I got a Norder track treadmill, so it's well, it's a fun workout because you have a screen and I'm hiking trails in different countries, so it's different.
Speaker 1: You're just watching the same people. By the way, those people walking by, do they know they're on the video?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know what they know.
Speaker 1: But I crossed like a wooden bridge and they see the same guy every day.
Speaker 3: But the tour guides are explaining so much about like I'm learning about is it like Bhutan right now? This country north of the Bhutan, Yeah, north of Thailand, And it's fascinating, like you're learning about all these temples and all this it's like as if you're there.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're working two birds with one stone.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. So I will count that as a crazy new workout.
Speaker 1: Why are you meditating? You said you wanted to do that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not not meditating.
Speaker 1: All right? You had some list? What about you didn't take a cooking class.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not taking a cooking class yet. Okay, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh police, I think you did stop saying let's hang out to people and not mean it.
Speaker 3: I just stopped saying it. So yeah, I mean, I guess I have. I have done that from my bucket list. I literally just don't say it to people, and therefore I am not hanging out.
Speaker 1: Did you get a new tattoo that was on your list?
Speaker 3: No, but I'm down all right.
Speaker 1: You didn't do much travel to a new foreign country.
Speaker 3: No, I'm pretty sure I went to Fiji before I made it the bucket list.
Speaker 1: So no, went to Fiji? Where were we?
Speaker 3: We talked about it here, I was like talking about it.
Speaker 1: Everything. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Do not remember the Fiji commercials every day?
Speaker 1: All I know is I hear the front commercial all the time. Ye I love? Did you eat it? Ten? Of the top one hindred restaurants in La from La time.
Speaker 3: You know I have to have and I just didn't know it, so I will say yes, she ate, I ate?
Speaker 1: Did you visit a new state? Did you take a salsa lesson with your husband?
Speaker 3: I know this is normal salsa dancing?
Speaker 4: Count sure?
Speaker 1: And then the ten things that you wanted to do before you next birthday? Coming up to march on the bucket list, tunny us the last one.
Speaker 4: Let me scroll on up.
Speaker 1: Look at my paper?
Speaker 5: Oh did you update your intimates?
Speaker 4: Slash Lingerie?
Speaker 3: It has been updated. Michael got me a few pieces for Christmas. Where where does he shop? I don't know where he shops.
Speaker 1: But what's the label? Saying?
Speaker 3: I don't remember the label? I'm I supposed to look at the labels. Yeah, I don't look at that stuff. Nobody checks the tags.
Speaker 4: I I love hearing the story of how he bought it. What he asked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly? What's the mechanics of it? You want to know how he did it?
Speaker 4: How did you figure out my size? What did you tell the women?
Speaker 1: How long were you in the store?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you've got a lot to accomplish. It is nice to make it. The lesson here is make a list of things you want to achieve. Make the list bigger than you can accomplish, because you won't get to it unless you get to see a few things. Well, happy early birthday coming up. Before that, we have your morning hack. If you're going out this weekend, chops, are you going on? I feel like you have a vibe right now? No, okay, you don't have a vibe all right. They asked a bunch of bartenders what drinks they would never order themselves at a bar because they know how our works. And the bartender said, number one beer on tap. You don't know when that draft system was cleaned. I know for my own coffee machine, I don't clean it enough. Sometimes I doubt they're cleaning it. Yeah, machine, Yeah, I can tell it tastes strange. By the way, Lisney, you gave me Mexican and Peruvian beans, I did. They're awesome. Thank you. She gave me patcha Mama new coffee beans from the roots of you, and they're awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you try them.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was worried because they were like a light rose, and I was like, oh, I don't know if you like.
Speaker 1: They were great because I drink it strong and I drink it black. My dentist is fair upsetting me about it. But oh cool, I drink it black, so okay. Also, bartender suit, never have a glass of wine. You don't know how long the bottle has been open. Actually I do. I can tell.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking of wine. Thank you for the bottle of wine. Then you give us for the holidays.
Speaker 1: So welcome you hope you share it with someone you love.
Speaker 9: Always espresso martinis, These are so true.
Speaker 1: Why never never order an espresso martini. Most bars don't have a decent espresso machine, and the coffee might be old and city for a long time on.
Speaker 3: The bar, and they just six that.
Speaker 1: Bartenders tips Today's quote knowing when to leave is so important the party, the job, the relationship. When you feel like you should exodus, go go with your gut coming up, we're gonna spin a wheel. We're gonna spin a wheel to decide which game we're gonna play. I'm tired of this, Like we're gonna know what we're gonna go into and then everybody's not happy with the game. We're just gonna do it on the fly. Whatever whatever lands whatever wedge it lands on, that's the game we're gonna play.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, Sistan, he wants to talk about a new type of straw I've heard about. This is This is so you don't get lip wrinkle or something.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a it's anti wrinkle. It's an anti wrinkle straw.
Speaker 1: It seems like way too much trouble straw for decades. Why are you using straws?
Speaker 3: Well of women do, especially because of those Stanley cups that are so.
Speaker 1: What's the Stanley? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh is the Stanley on you? Yetti?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 3: So they're saying that because you have you are sucking out of the straw, it creates little fine lines around your lips and over time you may have issues.
Speaker 1: Well I don't like look at that straw shows. But okay, coming up that and tickets to go see Pink the King's Dtay, Triple XL's got a mix. We got headlines right now Sisney FM headlines with Sisney.
Speaker 3: Yeah in Disneyland. It's about to resume the magic Key annual pass sales next week. They will go back on sale on January tenth. All magic Key passes will be available for purchase no earlier than nine a m oh No. Britney Spears is shooting down rumors of a new album, vowing to never return to the music industry. Spears also noted that she's still writing music, though just for other people. More than one billion dollars in federal funding and will be given to support the Inglewood Transit Connector project, covering fifty percent of the anticipation total cost of the projects, which plans to address the transportation gap between Metro's K Line That places that right there, pry Sofi Stadium, and Kim Kardashian's mobile game Kim Kardashian Hollywood is shutting down after ten years on April eighth. The game was highly successful with a large player base and generated millions in revenue through an in app purchase on air with Ryan seacret.
Speaker 1: Ran Secrets. So the most popular New Year's resolutions are improved diet, weight loss, improve mental health, improve finances, improve fitness. A lot of those to me are the same, right, mental health, finances go together, weight fitness, diet go together. Right, So what are your New Year's resolutions? These are the top five based on the Forbes Health One poll found the most popular New Year's resolutions goals for the year. Surveyed a bunch of people, and that's what they told them. So we're gonna play Claudia, good morning. We're about to play the real name game. How are you? How are you super good? Tell us about yourself?
Speaker 10: Well, let's see, I am about to be fifty almost Ryan.
Speaker 1: Take I am Ryan, but you're older than I am.
Speaker 10: I've been usualing you for a long time and I'm like, oh my god, you are like my twin in a guy vision. You're like the best. Yes, you have the best heart ever. And I love following you with all your exes and I'm just rooting for you, like, come on, you gotta.
Speaker 3: I love Claudia. She like compliments and burns at the same time.
Speaker 1: Claudi has been with me longer than anybody.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Ever, all right, well I love it, yees. So Laudia, tell me about yourself. I want to know you have a big heart. I hear it.
Speaker 10: I have a big heart. I have a beautiful husband, a beautiful family with many kids. So there's six of them. Wow, yeah, but they're all older. And yeah, it's it's fun. But I am six kids who had the wall. Four are my husbands. I can say all of them are my husbands and two of them are mine. But yeah, it's a big family, a big, blended, beautiful family.
Speaker 1: Great, well, thank you for your joyful spirit. This morning, We're gonna play the real name game for this great trip to Las Vegas to see Maroon five at Dolby Live at Park MGM, two nights in the Hotel Gas, money, the whole thing. So I'm going to give you a celebrities name. You tell me if that's their real name or if it's not their real name. You don't have to know the real name, just yes or no. You gotta get three right before you get three wrong. And here we go. Okay, Bruno Mars real name or not? Yes, No it's not. It's really Peter Jean Hernandez. His name is Peter Peter.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't sorry, I didn't know that one either, All.
Speaker 1: Right, next one. Natalie Portman. Natalie Portman, Yes, no, it's not.
Speaker 10: What are you doing to me?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just reading the game card.
Speaker 3: Oh she's still good in that movie May December. That's on Netflix right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I need to watch that, don't. Okay, So her real name is Netta Lee Hirschlag.
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, Nettalie.
Speaker 8: Counts.
Speaker 1: No, but it's Natalie, not anly Portman. It's Natalie.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 1: You gotta get this one to stay in it. Margot Robbie, Margot Robbie. Is that her real name or fake name?
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 11: Fake me.
Speaker 1: No, it's her real name.
Speaker 10: Gosh, this is not good.
Speaker 4: It's not keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more, let's see how you do, because you're already out. But I really, I really don't feel like, you know, finding someoney.
Speaker 3: And if she gets all of them wrong, then she difficult.
Speaker 1: These are too. This is a bad game. Who why are we playing this game today?
Speaker 10: I know it would be a lot easier, but.
Speaker 3: Rusty, it's the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: We landed on this, all right? Here we go for the win. Yes, for the win, Claudia, do what Lipa? Is that her real name or not?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Is it is? Yes?
Speaker 3: Do Aleapa? No middle name? Do a leap?
Speaker 1: But do it? That's her real name. Congratulations. I don't even check. I just that's awesome. Her name's Dulie. But congratulations, Claudia. You're going to see Merron five? Is that their real name? That is correct, Claudia. I don't even know what the score was, but I just like you, so enjoy your trip.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 1: I just liked her. You know, sometimes when you start off on the wrong foot and you just get free wrong. I can't, I can't, I gotta. I just want to give it away. I have to tell you, I was so busy last year that I missed my regular dental appointment and I went to without going to the one, so I skipped. I went like a year. I'm with you, Yeah, I did, and my dentist was not happy. And my dental Eyegenna said, you are gonna have to deal with me scraping some black because you I can tell you skipped your appointment, and I did, and time goes so fast, so fast. I meant to do it, I didn't do it, and you gotta get it, and then you got to time it. And so anyway, I went this week to the dentist and she scraped the plaque off. Then she says to me, well, I can't how much time you got. And of course I'm always in a rash. Yeah, and she goes, you have to come back and I'm have to do the top.
Speaker 3: Come back to do the top? How bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bad, it was. Don't skip your regular dental appointment. I did.
Speaker 4: I haven't gone for like over a year.
Speaker 1: I I'm sure, and they got to scrape it out and you gotta get back to your baseline.
Speaker 3: No, you've got to go over six months.
Speaker 1: Well, my Danis said, do you drink your coffee black? I said, now, you're good black. I make it so super strong you can't see through it. If you can see through it, I don't want it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should drink out of body straw.
Speaker 1: Well that's the point he did say to me. Have you ever thought about drinking yourffee out of a straw? But he was talking about the conventional straw. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't know if this straw would work because those probably splash it all of your teeth.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I can't drink coffee out of straw. It doesn't work for me. Yeah, because you like it hot, I just like this. Everything about my coffee ceremony will not change. I don't care what you tell me. That doesn't change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like what you like.
Speaker 1: I like my ceremony of coffee. It's very excited about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've come a long way to like what you like and now there's no turning back.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, there's not much can change and enjoy what you enjoy. Thank you. So Sisani walks in here say, oh, go a solution for you or what? Well, there's this new straw. But turns out this is about how your lips don't get wrinkled. So I'm not I don't care about my lips wrinkling.
Speaker 3: Right now, a lot of women are up in arms, why about their lips getting wrinkly.
Speaker 1: I'm one of them, So explain how this straw you got to pick? Describe as we can picture it too.
Speaker 3: So many of us walk around with our water bottles. I have a straw that sticks out of mine. Although my straw is very it's on the thicker side and I think probably to prevent wrinkles from forming around your lip. But there's this anti wrinkle straw that's been blowing up all over TikTok. And it's funny because over the holidays I was at a few White Elephant exchanges where this straw popped up as one of the gifts and It was one of the most fought over gifts in those gift exchanges. Women were wanting this straw. I want it, And it is a swirly I picture like a normal straw, but then at the very top it almost has like the top of an s shape. So then instead of sucking at it like a normal straw like you were to the top, you would suck out of the side portion.
Speaker 1: Can I explain it? It's like playing a flute. Yes, it's really suck in the side.
Speaker 3: Of a floor or a shotgun in a beer, whatever way you want to look at it, So that has like the hole. And so when you actually go to suck out of the straw, you don't pucker your lips completely around it. You just kind of place your lips on top of it, like you to play the flute, and then you just suck your water or beverage or whatever you like to carry around in your Stanley cup that way. And it's designed to prevent wrinkles because you don't pucker your lips when you suck, but it doesn't really work. And I read the article and I guess they interviewed a bunch of different medical experts and they waded in and said, actually, yes it does.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I need one.
Speaker 1: Now it's not for me.
Speaker 3: It's not for me either, honestly.
Speaker 4: It's for me. It's for me.
Speaker 1: Well, great, we'll know what to get you for your wedding gift. Now, yes, we'll get a whole seventh.
Speaker 3: You know, the hydro flask. Wide mouth straws are just as good anything that has like a wide mouth. You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wide mouth.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll engrave these with your initials tr.
Speaker 3: These are the party favors for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mentioned this. I want to jump into it real quick. We're moving pretty fast on a Friday morning, which I like. I like this pace. It's better at a Tuesday pace. So interesting words, and like you know when you say we all say things, we go what does that even mean? And where does it come from? Right? Like my mother had expressions when I was growing up, and I thought, what does it mean? Where does it come from? And you can look it up and you see the origin of some of these expressions. Well, a lot of the things we say come from TV shows or movies, and I didn't realize this. For example, we have said this ad nauseum my Badwn's.
Speaker 9: Time you say my bad, My bad, My bad comes from the movie Clueless.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you know? She into like the.
Speaker 1: Origin is right here. We got my bad? How we got it? The friend zone? Keep hearing this one from in the.
Speaker 3: Friend zone, the friend zone.
Speaker 1: He friend zoned me, came from friends You waited too long to make your move and now you're in the friend zone. No, no, no, I'm not in the zone. Rush of the zone. I don't know that gat yeah, or is great? Just simple relatable humor.
Speaker 3: Just hearing that makes me so happy, like like makes me feel at home, me too.
Speaker 1: Deal Breaker You ever see that one? Yes?
Speaker 3: But where's it from?
Speaker 1: Got to go into a relationship with your deal breakers, You got to meet somebody. You gotta know your deal breaker exactly in business? Is that a deal breaker for you? You got to know your deal breakers?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: Uh, deal breakers comes from thirty Rock that made it a dating term.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, well whatever that just was.
Speaker 11: It's a deal breaker because this guy's making you talk like a crazy person.
Speaker 1: Deal breaker, dating term, deal breaker? Okay, regifting, how many people did that last couple of days? Well, first coin do on Seinfeld?
Speaker 3: I think this is the same one. I gave him. He recycled this gift. He's a regifter.
Speaker 1: It's great again, simple relatable humor. That's why those shows, those are legendary. So words and phrases, things that we say that came from movies and TV and paparazzi. There was an Italian film in back in the sixties famous. It's a classic called Ladoca Vita, and in it there's a particularly aggressive celebrity photog named Paparazzo. Here it is, oh, paparazzo, Paparazzo. Paparazzi is the poro paparazzo. Spaghetti spaghetto, Thank you Gaga? Really yeah, So you don't want to walk in and have a spaghetto. It's one strand of bag you know, spaghetti tani. If a trending report minutes out, what are we looking at in a few minutes.
Speaker 5: There are two types of people in your life, according to Reese Witherspoon, and one of these needs to get.
Speaker 1: The boot right. That's the trending zone coming up. Just the second report. I know that we were talking earlier about. I mean, do you forget what we're just talking about? Waited too long to make your move?
Speaker 7: And now you're in the friend zone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not in the zone. Russ you're mayor of the zone, and you're in the trending zone. The report is coming up in the center of the zone.
Speaker 4: Got it, Okay?
Speaker 1: Not Honestly, we're not as good this year. We're not. We're not as good. We're not.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeh, try and elevate.
Speaker 1: I can only evaluate us collectively, not individually. Collectively. We're not as good yet. We're coming off fine, but we're not where we were December fifth. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 5: Why in the past, Why don't you want to like look towards the future.
Speaker 1: History informs the future. Didn't you major in history? I did? And what do they tell you about history? That it informs the future? Now, that's what I said. What they tell you in school. They told me that you were going to say that. All right, let's see, we have our hometown hustler this morning. I'm a hustler.
Speaker 3: Bit all right.
Speaker 1: This is Anna Panameno in Lake Balboa, Hannah Panameno of La LA's Party Creations, our hometown hustler who quit her previous gig as an apartment manager, still working a little part time in that world, but went after her passion business and that is creating great experiences for people. Good morning, Anna, good morning, and good morning. So what made you? The reason I love these stories is it's because a lot of us are doing stuff we don't want to do, and then we think there is something I love, but I can't really do it because it's not practical and I got to pay the bills. What made you take the leap to pursue the business you love and stop doing the apartment managing all the time.
Speaker 2: You know what? I love doing the creations. I've been doing it for so long, and then with my son, with his parties and everything, I just started going for it and everybody just liked it. And it's been word of mouth and a little bit advertising here and there, and I just love what I do and I love to see the smiles on everybody, and many of the kids. Sometimes the balloons are made for the adults and not the kids those people.
Speaker 11: So true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. And by the way, you do, you should look this up La Las Party Creations five on Instagram. Gorgeous balloon arrange. I'm gonna have to save your info seriously for bridal showers birthday bashes, special events, baby showers.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the type of stuff I ordered for all my kids' birthday party.
Speaker 1: And this is in the valley. I mean, she's right here, so hometown hustler, here in the valley, and you're servicing the valley La Santa Clarita, all of those areas, Tony, you use the service before.
Speaker 4: I use her all the time. I'm obsessed with her.
Speaker 5: She's done all of Sunny's birthday parties and I used.
Speaker 4: Her all the time.
Speaker 5: She's just a modern woman doing her thing, great attitude and just makes beautiful the own design.
Speaker 1: And the balloons are like natural beautiful shades and colors. They're not they can be the you know, skittles, but they're also really they're gold and like olive and peach fuzzs, the nice color colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's oh my god, long days. The balloon world is growing so big that every day is new inventions and colors coming up. So and if you don't have a color, you customize it and you make your double stuff it and you name it and you make your own color.
Speaker 1: Should we invest in balloons this year?
Speaker 3: You should? Maybe? I mean it's all about that backdrop.
Speaker 12: Ryan.
Speaker 3: When it comes to your party, you want that focal point, the area of the party where everyone's going to take pictures in front of, and then that's the focal point.
Speaker 1: Man La LA's party creations are Hometown Hustler in leg Balboa. Thank you Anna for coming on. Nice to meet you and continue success. Make sure you look her up. This is great stuff.
Speaker 2: They thank you, Thank you, guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: So when you wander for sunny, what'd you get?
Speaker 4: So for her first birthday?
Speaker 5: I got a big yellow balloon arge that said Sonny and I had suns all over it. So that's like where everybody brought their dog and took pictures with their dog underneath. It was really cute.
Speaker 1: Hometown Hustler. You want to be one. Nominate somebody you know, spotlight them as an entrepreneur their own business here in southern California. Kissavm dot com slash hustler. Don't forget a couple of things. You know, on Friday, you get things done for the week, or you set things up so and get back to work on Monday. You're ready to launch. We're setting up Monday now, and Monday we're back and we're paying your bills again. First time we're paying your bills of the year. Also, we're gonna do Ryan's Roses again on Monday. So Monday is an important day if you're around free money, paying your bills. Ryan's Roses is back, Tanya. We're in the middle of the trending zone with the training report. And these are two types of people in your life, according to Reese Witherspoon. Yes, so you should deal with. Yeah, well deal with or not deal with.
Speaker 5: So it's the start of the new year, and I feel like there's always advice to get from Reese Witherspoon. She always has those little nuggets, and this life lesson came from her grandmother. She said people are either radiators or their drains, and you need to spend time around the radiators, the people who radiate goodness and light and positivity, not the drains, the people who drag you down. So I thought this was a really great exercise, seeing that it is the beginning of a brand new year, a fresh start. Step one is to identify the drains and the radiators in your life right identify who they are. Step two is to recognize who those people are in your life and what role they play. And then step three is to create boundaries, because maybe you have somebody in your family that's a drain. You obviously can't get rid of that person there in your family, but creating healthy boundaries so that you don't let that drainness get into your radiatorness.
Speaker 1: So I like to think that it can't be distilled down to such simplicity and black or white. But I actually agree with this if you think about it, and I'm going through names in my head and I'm associating certain feelings and I'm thinking, Okay, that person, while I really like them more times than not, it's like a drain.
Speaker 3: You know how the conversation's gonna go. If you pick up the phone to call them, or if they're gonna come over to your house, you know that all they're gonna do is talk about themselves and all they wanted advice and they just you don't even they don't even ask you a question about your life, And it's a drain.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm fine if you don't ask a question about my life, matter of fact, everything, yeah, don't. But every to me like it's it could be it could be that, but it's also no.
Speaker 3: But I can't be a therapist. I can't sit there and fix your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 5: That the drains that just wanna They ask you so many things and like why aren't you doing this?
Speaker 4: Why are you doing this? Why haven't you done this?
Speaker 1: And it's like like they walk into your world and think they can solve every one of your problems. It's like, bro, it's complicated, right right. It could be a bout trains and radiators. Yeah. People either they either suck it out or give it out. Right, they either suck stuff from you or they they're either Yeah, that's the same thing. I'm thinking the same thing say, basically sending them to that you.
Speaker 3: Need to radiate that person a little bit and they need to radiate you back.
Speaker 9: Givers or suckers, Yeah, and suckers are givers, right, Suckers are not givers, are not givers. It's what givers or suckers, in.
Speaker 3: The words of Snoop Dog Puff Puff give.
Speaker 1: Actually, we're in a mode. We're just trying to, you know, be as good as we were.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were. No. Go ahead, Ashley, You're on with this.
Speaker 11: Hi, guys, I am calling for some advice, actually some work advice.
Speaker 1: Well, Sisney just said she does not like to give advice, So I don't know if you want to bring her into this or not.
Speaker 3: I did not say that.
Speaker 1: You just said you don't like people who come in and drain you for advice. That's like my fe I just said it.
Speaker 3: That's different. This is my job. Would my friends come over and do that?
Speaker 1: Well, I'd rather not be her friend than aw shud I get more advice. All right, So what's up? How can we help you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 11: I currently work for a tech company in marketing, and recently another company approached me trying to recruit me, and I've had a couple of meetings with them so far that have gone really great, and they are going to make me an offer which I will accept. It's going to be really great for me. I'm actually really excited about it. However, my current boss found out about the meetings. Obviously I kept it quiet, you know, out of respect and also not knowing where the meetings were going to go, and has reacted in a way that I didn't expect at all. I've had a great working relationship with my boss in the time that I've been at this company, and they've reacted really extreme. They Yeah, they were saying that I've betrayed them, betrayed the company, that they're going to make sure I never work in tech again, and that I've been a terrible employee and everyone's going to know about it, kind of almost threatening in a way. It's been a little it's been very surprising. Again, I didn't expect it whatsoever, and I'm kind of unsure of what to do. I don't know if I have not. It's been all via email. I haven't responded, and I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 1: You know, did they email you? Did they email you? You'll never work again in the tech business? They say that in an email?
Speaker 11: They did? They did? They do have it in writing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's the thing actually.
Speaker 11: And I'm not sure what to do.
Speaker 1: Well. I just want to make you feel good fast here going to a new job that's better suited for you, and someone coming after talent that's good for their business. That's business. That's the way the world works in business, right, you try to get the best people to run work in your business, and you look for great talent and you bring them in. That's the way the world works. So that happens here in this neighborhood in every market around the world. One two. I'm happy you're going to leave this management because it sounds like they are not good managers. This is all personal emotional threatening. I mean, these are not the things that you want to be engaging with at the workplace. And so whether this is happening now or in another form later, it's a blessing. You're going to move on based on seeing this kind of reaction. So do not feel bad, do not feel guilt. You don't need to do anything, I don't think. Just move on and start your new chapter with this new company that's better suited for you. You are going to eat that new job. Thank you.
Speaker 11: That makes me feel better. Thank you for saying that. I really appreciate it entering and your time.
Speaker 1: On this other place, especially if they were so emotional about it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it really was completely unexpected.
Speaker 1: So that's it. Walk with your head high and good luck and congratulations.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it. Thank you for all the kind words you got this.
Speaker 1: You know, these are great moments where you see people's true colors. If that kind of personal emotional and threatening response is what she got lucky to get out and go to a better place, because that may have happened and she may not have had a better place to go to. She gets to go to a better place suited for her. And yeah, businesses want the best people at their business, and sometimes you got to take from another one.
Speaker 3: Exactly drop the mic.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you she did not know what you moan, and you said you're gonna eat at this new job.
Speaker 3: Maybe she did that.
Speaker 1: Sound like she did. No, you're gonna kill it the new job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I got it.
Speaker 3: Actually, it sounds like it makes more sense in that setting than earlier.
Speaker 1: This makes more sense every time you say it, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of made more sense right then.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know what that means, no, I can't explain. I means. So she's gonna crush it at the noon it was your delivery. You're like, you're gonna eat that job. He was good, all right? Any other advice calls, Let's go one, five to one to two seven it kiss FM Friday, and I mean we're well into it after nine o'clock this morning. Well, what a difference we feel. I feel this city feels from six eight to now right, it's just a different five. There's a slow crawl. Now there's a bustle. I like the bustling and Sydney. You get into the real bustle, like we're the world is alive when you're on the air after the show.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you got this weekend? Ton You got anything fun? Tell me you're gonna do something fun tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm actually have no plans tonight. We're gonna do our shabot dinner and probably just like chill.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking sushi tonight, I'm gonna go to one of those places where they don't they like they're not rude, but they're like, yeah, yeah, no rolls, no spicy tuna, no California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no sauce unless we tell you do.
Speaker 8: Unless I want to be told what to do. I like that told what to eat. That's fun, right, I think I saw to do. They don't open early enough these places, though.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 1: I want to go at five.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you can go at five early and you think, yeah.
Speaker 1: They put a five. Yeah, how do you know where I'm going?
Speaker 4: I don't know where you're going.
Speaker 3: There's like only a handful places that I know that you would go and they open around five thirty and.
Speaker 4: What dinner place isn't open place?
Speaker 1: Some places don't open till six thirty? Are you six?
Speaker 3: Come on five today at least?
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the weekend watch list. What do you have, sins Andy? What's on your list? The weekend watch list? Just watch?
Speaker 3: So this movie actually came out around the holidays, and if you haven't seen it yet, I just want to bring it to your attention because you might have just been traveling or been busy. It is so good. It's called Leave the World Behind, and it's starring Julia Roberts and Ethan Hawk, and it's about a family vacation on Long Island, but it's interrupted by two strangers. It's kind of a thriller, suspenseful movie. And you're just trying to.
Speaker 1: Get good because I watched it up until the point where the guy comes to the door. The owner of the house comes to the door and he and his daughter's stay in the basement. Does it get better?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? That's like not even the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no reason to scream at me. I'm just asking you a simple curiousity.
Speaker 3: Because you do this every time. Ryan, You don't focus when you start watching a movie. You like, you're probably on your phone. No, first of all, it's a movie and you look your probo on your phone. You didn't commit, and then you're like, nah, I'm moving on and you should have committed.
Speaker 1: You know, it just was time to go to bed. I start, I start too.
Speaker 4: Late, second in early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a two hours and twenty one minute movie. It's pretty lengthy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm gonna I started it, and I love the cast. I love the cast.
Speaker 3: The cast is so good. And Kevin Biggins in it.
Speaker 1: You cood, well, don't give it away.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving it away, like you see it all well.
Speaker 1: By telling me Kem big is in it tells me a lot. All right, what's any weegain to watch? This? Tiny?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: So my show is Lessons in Chemistry. It's on Apple TV Plus. It's that show that stars Bree Larson and it kind of is giving me the marvelous missus Maisle vibes. So I haven't watched it yet, but everybody's telling me it's like major, major modern woman energy. It's in the nineteen fifties and basically this woman, the lead character, she wants to be a scientist, but you you know bat women back then, they were supposed to belong in the domestic sphere. So she ends up launching this kind of cooking TV show and it's supposed.
Speaker 4: To be really good. It's up for two Golden Globes on Sunday, so really.
Speaker 1: Exciting that one chemistry? All right, Ruby, what's on any weekend watch list?
Speaker 6: Mine was actually Leave the World Behind on Netflix as well. Had I had to watch it twice because of the ending. There's just like a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Wait, who's watching May December?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I watched it to know that's also something that I that I'm going to watch that.
Speaker 1: That's on my list next, maybe on my list next. That's Julianne Moore and Natalie Portman.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, don't forget Charles Melton.
Speaker 1: Also Charles Melton.
Speaker 3: Then it's about that story with like the thirteen year old seventh grader, Like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, it is it's based on a true story.
Speaker 3: It's based on Is it like a true story? It's like a true story that it was like a a fictional.
Speaker 1: Says twenty years after their notorious tabloid romance and marry couple buckle under the pressure of Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Was it a true story to begin with?
Speaker 7: Is that the same story you're talking about, the Mary Kayla Torno story that everybody kind of is aware of. They took that and fictional lifed it made It's not those characters, but they fictionalized it to a very similar story.
Speaker 3: And in December, Yes, and in the film, Natalie Portman is making the movie, so she's recreating it. So then she's going to then go and meet Julian More and like figure out what type of woman she was and why she actually had the affair with.
Speaker 1: Okay, Julia Moore is one of my favorite actresses ever. She's so good, right, So, uh look who's here? Kayla? Hi, Kayla Thomas here, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 3: I am doing good?
Speaker 1: Brand new year. I'm ready to start strong. We went around you know Tanya pretty well. We subscribed to some of her exercises on a regular basis, and one of which is this new word of the year for you to have to focus on. Cistany's was what was it?
Speaker 3: Elevate?
Speaker 1: Elevate.
Speaker 3: I want to elevate myself. Elevate people around me, my children, my family, my prid.
Speaker 1: Benefit from that. Elevate us. Uh. Mine was spontaneity.
Speaker 4: I'm simplify.
Speaker 1: Mine was simplified. I had two and I couldn't remember which one is. Well. I should have simplified earlier because I had too many words. But yeah, simplify. Then my next year will be spontaneity. Tanya, what's your word?
Speaker 4: My words?
Speaker 5: Try because those are gonna be my new initials. Try and I want to try. Yeah, I want to try everything.
Speaker 1: Do you have a word like if you think about this exercise Kayla at kiss pop to if you think about a word that would be a good lens to look through for you this year. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I actually was just talking about this in therapy. I think my word for this year is balance. I have such a hard time. I have fomo a lot, so fear of missing out. So whenever somebody invites me somewhere, I'm like, I have to go because I don't want to, you know, miss out. But I also need to learn to be okay with being by myself. I need to learn how to take myself out on dates and be okay with having a weekend inside, with journaling, with my cat and by myself. So I need to find the balance of like friendships and then being by myself.
Speaker 1: I don't want to contradict a doctor here, a therapist, but that will never happen. I I've been working on that for thirty years and it just doesn't. You don't get there. Like you want to be Yeah, you want you can be good with yourself, but I still want to be around people. Yeah you want to be around energy.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 12: But I also I just feel like for me, I need to learn how to be by myself and learn to love to be okay with being by myself.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm not so sure it's everybody. It isn't for me.
Speaker 4: It is for me.
Speaker 1: I have I like to not talk but have someone around.
Speaker 3: It just depends on your situation, I guess, because I like never get alone time. So when I do get alone time, I appreciate it and I love it so much.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, and my single season.
Speaker 5: I would love to just sit on the sofa and watch Gilmore Girls all day.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is for me too.
Speaker 12: I just got out of relationship, so that's also a big thing for me. It's like I'm so used to having somebody with me all the time. Then now it's like, oh, what do I do? I don't know how to be by myself.
Speaker 4: Watch Gilmore Girls and lay on the couch all day.
Speaker 3: I learn know about Gilmore Girls. But yeah, your own version, your own version of that.
Speaker 1: You and listen. What's happening you're on this weekend? What are we doing?
Speaker 12: Yes, we have rolling loud tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nicki Minaj is going.
Speaker 12: To be performing, by the way, it's the only time that she's going to be in l A on her tour.
Speaker 1: So you want these tickets. Oh, that's coming up this weekend. Yeah, make us your soundtrack. I love to listen to Kiss on the weekend. Sometimes I hear things and I want to call in, like, dude, I'll tell you, well, No, it isn't. I told tiny right about the vibe. The audio is terrible.
Speaker 4: Yes, I passed your message along. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I understand it's like positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, and I'm never gonna call like show.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, that's not true.
Speaker 1: Didn't I do that once? No? Once, didn't I tell you. I was in the car listening to an interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you said you heard a commercial. I was like, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, commercial played while you were talking. Would you guys get the vibe right?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You called the You've told me that you like the one minute tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the one minute. It's not one minute. Oh my god, I'm going to make sure.
Speaker 3: I want you to sixth on Saturday in the uniform.
Speaker 1: On I'll check it out.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, there would Ryan seacrest.
Speaker 1: Yours one more thing before we go? Would you rather take a bath in melted chocolate or in sour cream? I've always wondered.
Speaker 3: Youw I guess melted chocolate.
Speaker 1: If I had Marcus a thought, who would you cream? Of those two? Really? I think chocolate, But then I worry about chocolate in yeah, I worry about chocolate.
Speaker 4: Sour cream seems fluffier, it seems.
Speaker 1: Like it feels good a cold sour crack.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, you've never thought about that.
Speaker 4: Never know.
Speaker 1: Next time you take a bath, think about it, close your eyes and make it chocolate or make it sour cream. Power of the imagination, siciny, No, thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh my manifestation is like ten times in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Just watch Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Just your ferociousness and announcing that I believe you. Yeah, all right. Coming up on Monday, it's another Ryan's Roses here. Make sure you check it out. Have a great weekend. We'll talk to you that. It's kiss Up Everton. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday.