Speaker 1: Whole zone media.
Speaker 2: Obviously, there are no words to describe the type of suffering being inflicted on the people of Israel and Palestine right now. There's no words. That's what comfort could any of us bring. You know what I'm saying, So let me set it out out the jump before y'all start. I just it's not like I'm worried about the emails. But like figured, I'll tell you right now, this is going to be a really long episode because it's complicated and.
Speaker 3: This has just been going on for so long, y'all.
Speaker 2: These are ultimately the point I'm making you'll see in this is this is the product of dehumanizing.
Speaker 3: Is what is what happens.
Speaker 2: So look, I'm gonna have to keep the names and dates really under under wraps here because yeah, this could get us all in trouble. But tell you a story of a friend of mine. One of his relatives got out of prison, needed a place to stay, so he stayed with you know, the homie Mahomie and his mom. I'm gonna change a few of the things just to make sure that like that not so innocent are protected. This is based on a true story. I'm not I can't get too much into the details here. So the homies mom was having this situation with this mechanic right, her car was not being treated with the right type of care. Kept saying the car needs like, oh, two more weeks, two more weeks. You know it's almost done, two more weeks. Like it'll be good. Don't worry about it. We got you. And I mean you could really you could swap this with any story. You know, you you come home, you've been picked on by whatever kid from whatever two streets over this. These people didn't give you the right, are like charging you more than you're supposed to being charged. You can insert any of this. There's just one relative. You shouldn't tell this because that relative loves you deeply and has a way of handling things, and it's probably stayed quiet and stayed out of it for as long as they could. Because everybody doesn't really agree with their methods. They their purpose we all agree with, but they methods.
Speaker 3: It's a little.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man kind of they kind of feel like war crimes your methods. But in their defense, which maybe there isn't any, they feel like war crimes.
Speaker 3: Have been committed towards their family. But either way.
Speaker 2: This is a button you don't necessarily want to push, right, but then they start seeing the pain in your face, the suffering that you're going through this particular situation. Was looking at his auntie and was like, you know, what's wrong, Auntie? You know? And she's like, man, I just like I swear, I keep seeing my car driven around, like I swear, that mechanic is just he's just keeping my car, you know. And this particular friend of mine, his relative that got out of prison, is plenty years older than him, so it's not like, you know, he can't. It's not like he was able to, as like the sun, be able to like go and take care of this situation. It would require an adult. So he says, you know, he you know, Auntie, I'll take care of it.
Speaker 3: So the relative.
Speaker 2: Goes to the mechanic and kidnaps him, does all types of horrendous the things to this mechanic and leaves him in the elements, just to be eight by whatever animals are outside, just at like gets his gets the keys back right to his auntie's car. Makes it very clear what she was doing was disrespectful to a nice old lady.
Speaker 3: And you're lucky. This is all I'm doing, and brings the hey.
Speaker 2: Look and this this is a nervous laugh, Like this isn't it's not funny.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a nervous laugh.
Speaker 2: So he does the acts of discipline and then he brings.
Speaker 3: His auntie her keys back, and the hummies.
Speaker 2: Auntie was like, uh, nephew, I mean I ain't. I mean I'm glad, thank thank you, like thank you for getting my car back, Like, uh, I mean, I ain't. I just wanted you to kind of like just scare me get my car back. The hummy cousins say, hey, hey, he's scared. He real scared, and look, he ain't gonna do this to nobody else. I just want to say thank you for allowing me to have another chance somewhere, a plump place to stay. And as a token in my appreciation, I took care of this for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love you. Let me know if you need anything else.
Speaker 2: This is not funny because like I am scrubbing this story so clean that the details of this story is I like, the details are horrendous.
Speaker 3: I can't. They're horrendous.
Speaker 2: When sometimes if a person being pushed too far and been taking advantage of for too long. You understand that the pressure cooker makes it makes it be like this. You understand what I'm saying. Listen again, replace this with anybody. This could be you come home, somebody stole your shoes to your big brother, go across the street and burn the house down. Wish one of them niggas stole your shoes and he burned the house down. It's like, damn, I mean thanks, I just I just wanted them to stop picking on me little your brother, Say he gonna stop picking on you now. I'll tell you that right now, he ain't gonna pick on nobody. I wish the nigga would pick I wish he would pick on you again. You gonna learn today, say I mean you burn the whole damn house down.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody everybody gotta go like nigga.
Speaker 2: Everybody gotta go if you with him, If you with him, you're getting it too.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: We like.
Speaker 3: You need to understand that this needs to stop happening. Y'all know how I'll move.
Speaker 2: These are not justifications, they are explanations. Just understand what's happening here. Maybe that's what Hamas was doing. Politics y'all. All right, guys, second episode of You Wasn't Outside, because we're back here again pretty much on clock, right on time, with another Israel and Palestine scuffle. This one is bad, the badness. However, man, let me how do I say this? If you're in the region, it never stopped like it never this conflict never stopped the conflicts. It's seventy years old. So today I want to re remind y'all a principle about when you open your mouth and when you try to form your opinions about this, it's again, you wasn't outside. And if you don't know what that means, let me remind you. It's a way to describe when if you didn't really gang bang, like if you didn't if you weren't in the field. You know, when you know these these young brothers, these young sisters, was twelve, thirteen, fourteen years old when they were getting in trouble, when they were when they were super active, was running from bullets, running from the cops, when it was really really really out there, getting a certification, like if you didn't live that even wherever you were, if you was in New York, if you was this like whatever it was if you wasn't really in the hood, then it's of course there's the humanity of like some stuff is just like yeah, you could say that's pretty. That's objectively cruel, that is objectively a crime, and this is these things are objectively tragic. Like I don't think anybody, at least anybody that grew up like we grew up, Like there's no delusions about the carnage, what it meant to be around sort of the type of gang violence that a lot of us grew up around or participated in. I'm even saying around because I'm even being very careful. You know, you never see me actually carrying or wearing no bandanas and stuff. Is not because I'm scared, is I mean, I am, But it's because I respect the fact that, like people really lived and died by the flags. So you don't like, I'm not ain't no made up set here like, ain't no like if you wasn't really there, you should really be careful about your opinions about this situation, about the people in this situation and what it was like to be there. Like if you wasn't really there, you really don't know you wasn't outside, And I think, here's the thing with Americans with us, and I'm putting myself really into this before I get into like really, what I'm gonna get into this for this episode is I've been to the West Bank. I've seen you know, obviously I can't go into Gaza, you know what I'm saying, which is another part of the politics that people really not recognize it. Not only can I not go in, they can't come out like like, I don't think y'all understand really what's going on in Gaza. The point I'm trying to make is I had to record I'm like, I'm a child of a black panther. I consider myself even among my friends, I consider myself though woke ist. Even the time I went I felt I felt like I was probably the most socially and politically aware of my friend group. Like that's I mean, I don't say this as any detriment to them, it's just because that's my field. That's the waters I swam in, is understanding justice and equity and equality and persecution around the world, Like that's the stuff I lived in Hell. I'm on the board for humanitarian organizations. You feel me, people that do peace brokering in conflict regions like I would sit on the bord of directors for this mug so I feel like this is the world I'm in. But standing in Jerusalem, like Israel, Jerusalem and then Bethlehem and East Jerusalem, standing in Palestine going down to the West Bank, listening to their stories and then these other people's stories made me realize how uninformed I actually was and how curated our news really is. And I consider myself aware fam like, but standing there, I was like, yo, I really I am really a product. I've really been pun intended. I am part of a propaganda machine and you really don't see it until you get there. And I prided myself in being more aware than most of the people. But standing out there, dog, I was like, yo, I really don't I really don't know. I'm not I'm not out here, you know what I'm saying. So I had to like refort like start from scratch any opinion I had and just and in a lot of ways, just trust my eyes and cause I feel like, you know, I've been part of What's what's an example, Okay? If you A good example would be if you ever visit Russia, Like if you ever visit, Like if you my age and you visited Russia, you thought, man, you thought the USSR was just this desolate, miserable place where no one smiles, the worst place to be. You just thought being in the soul. Oh my god, it's so terrible, they have no freedom's awful. It'd be a horrible place to go. You thought Draco's was like roam in the streets. And then you go and then I went to Saint Peter's. You go to say, You're like, this is a beautiful city. It's the greatest dope clubs.
Speaker 3: Man, I got hip hop.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I'm sitting here and you know, I'm just enjoying a nice iced tea. Like it's a great place where regular as people who go to work and go home just like the rest of us. You're just like, oh, and it's like but you want to be like but y'all miserable, like y'all hate this communist right, zero zero zero, Right, dude. I have a friend from Canada and then listen, listen like this one I'm trying to say, like, appreciate this what you're coming from. I had a friend from Canada and when they got married, I was like, where are you going to where you spend their honeymoon? And they was like Cuba. I was like, what y'all what you gig? He's like, yeah, it's just America that doesn't go like the rest of us. We go to cube all the time. I was like, we just you don't realize how much of your information is really curated and and to the point of where you don't believe your own eyes.
Speaker 3: And that was my experience.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like I couldn't I'm looking at what is obvious what I'm looking at, but I just could not get my head around it. One because I'm from America, and two because I grew up in the church. We went to church, so like you supposed to think about, you know, Israel, the way you supposed to think about it is you don't say it like you But I'm standing there and I'm like this, it's almost like I would not let myself believe my eyes.
Speaker 3: But I had to come back and.
Speaker 2: Say, but you know what, though, look in the same way. I don't want to hear none of y'all talk about violence in Chicago. I don't want to hear none of y'all talk about crime waves raising listen, which is also very funny to me and people talking about crime waves raising in America, I'm like, did y'all forget? Did y'all forget the nineties? Like did you just are we just not counting the nineties? Oh, We're We're in an amazing crime wave. I'm like, Okay, crime is down from twenty twenty three to twenty twenty two. Crime crime has gone down, but it's way higher than levels in twenty nineteen, right, But both of those numbers, it's not even close to the numbers in the nineties, Like.
Speaker 3: Did y'all forget?
Speaker 2: Like what the hell you mean crime are? Like, did y'all y'all forget it? You don't remember the nineties? Like crime was wild? Cuz so I don't want to hear you talk about no no crime rates. And then it's like, well, obviously it was the pandemic, sir, That's why the crime went the way at rent, Like.
Speaker 3: Are y'all serious?
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm like, you wasn't man, y'all wasn't there, Like it's like I don't wanna hear what you got to say because you wasn't there, Like you like, there's so much of this. There's so much backstory, there's so much of this liked and in the way that y'all talking about it makes me no, oh, nigga, you wasn't there, y'all, y'all wasn't outside you making this shit, and you wasn't there, you know what I'm saying, Like when I.
Speaker 3: Tell you that you're just you're walking on.
Speaker 2: From school and the daily the thought that, like I might die on the way home like you, these are real thoughts like this, I trying to say, it's just like you just hope it was just like roving packs of vehemently, venomously dangerous boys just on the streets like this, like this was la like y'all, y'all forget this. So all that to say, again, you wasn't outside. Now, I do have a thesis for this episode, which is not necessarily just to play by play of what had happened.
Speaker 3: Was you know, which is the normal kind of.
Speaker 2: The way we do this. I think this one has to do more with just how we talk about it. And now I just want to throw some stuff into your little think box this time, but that needs context, I think the first thing. So ultimately I want to talk about like if we really want to see peace, we gotta like.
Speaker 3: We got to reverse engineer it. So there's that. I think.
Speaker 2: Secondly, you have to really understand and have an appreciation of humanity period, which I just i for some reason in our psychees and I'm speaking specifically about us out west in America, we want a clean narrative of well a protag protagonists and an antagonist, you know. And I think in a way a lot of times we do that. We compare carnage. It's like, well, look out bad this carnage is, and then the other person that will look out bad this carnage is. And it just doesn't get us anywhere, because the carnage is the problem.
Speaker 3: Period, right.
Speaker 2: And and even if so, like if you're gonna make a defense for Israel and what Palestine and not specifically Palestine right now, but Hamas, what Hamas did you? You don't want to do the numbers thing because the numbers aren't even close of the amount of deaths Israel has given to Palestine. Like it's not even close. You could look it up on the UN It's not even close.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It does this is no again here hear what I'm telling you. What I'm saying is these comparisons they're not helpful, Like even making the comparison ain't helpful. And then I'm saying, but even if you were, it's not even close. Like if you're gonna do that, then Israel is clearly the villain. You know what I'm saying, Like if you're gonna if you're gonna do that, I'm just saying, let's not even think about it like that.
Speaker 3: So we want to reverse engineer piece, right.
Speaker 2: We want to stop looking for a clear protagonist and antagonist right, And then I think you really have to understand not only the history, but how identities are formed. I got some clips I want to play too. This is the first time I want to play clips. I got some clips from some rabbis about just the uniqueness of what we're talking about here. And I think I talked about this in the first You wasn't outside when we form an identity and what an identity is, particularly in this region, there's it's not a one to one ratio of what it means to define your personhood in this region. And I hear it's crazy because I even hear news casters conflate a lot of things that actually aren't helpful, you know. You know some there are some terms and like if you're bilingual, there are some in terms of just don't there's no direct translation, you know, and if I were to explain to you the direct translation, it actually takes on a whole different meaning. Identity is like that where they are if you're I mean, this is this is for people who have no relation to an Arab region in their family lineage, like if you just everybody else, like if you from you, this is stupid to you because you're like, duh, this is how we think about things.
Speaker 3: But the but the West doesn't, you know.
Speaker 2: So I got some clips from a couple of rabbis who actually I think really helped sort out that.
Speaker 3: Uniqueness. Okay, now, little history. There's really it's really.
Speaker 2: Almost impossible to like know where to drop drop into the history of Judea, which is the historical name of this particular region, even before it's called Palestine, before it's called Israel's called Judea.
Speaker 3: That's just the that's just the ancient that's.
Speaker 2: What it was, right that being said in the in the first you wasn't outside episode, I actually walked you through which I would say refer to I'm gonna I'm not gonna go through all of it again, but just the amount of times this particular swath of land has changed hands, and in that whole time, there's been people whose families have never left. They we just you know, are you ever heard the phrase we didn't cross the border of the border across to us. That's kind of what happened and for most families in Judea, you know, whether we're talking about now we're getting into biblical stuff because again that the identity way that we formed it. Like I'm gonna again, I'm gonna play this clip a little later. I'm all over the place because it's so many moving parts happening at one time. But like theologically speaking, what makes a person a Jew is It's is the Covenant. It's the covenant with Yahweh. You know what I'm saying with their God like you got to go into Exodus. He's like, I've made a promise to these people, these Abrahamic people from this particular region, and even within that like being children of Abraham, if you will, I'm thrown out these names, assuming you've read a Bible or a Quran, even with that I can point at four different people in the Testament who were from other tribes that could considered part of being the children of Israel Mattter in fact, the lineage of King David, which eventually becomes a lineage of Jesus. They not I mean Rahab like they're just root the Moabidis, like these people in there, they're from other tribes. But the point I'm trying to make is it's the covenant with Yahweh is what makes you part of their identity right now.
Speaker 3: Again, this is a particular theological view.
Speaker 2: Like every other religion and belief there's a lot of varying types of theology.
Speaker 3: Call me on it.
Speaker 2: I might not know what I'm talking about. I think I do right, and I'm gonna bring in some rabbis to try to like. And again, even the rabbis I'm bringing it, that might be you know what I'm saying, Like you may think that this fool full of crap.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe your rabbi teach is different.
Speaker 2: Either way, This just to help us on the West understand like what we're looking at, you know what I'm saying. So if you're gonna get biblical, we're talking about like the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Medio Persians, all these different empires that according to the prophecies, you know, the Old Testament prophets.
Speaker 3: God was gonna scatter them like y'all gotta go, y'all went everywhere.
Speaker 2: And then there was a promise to bring them all back. Right Now, Zionists believe that that promise was fulfilled in nineteen forty eight when Israel became a nation state, that they would argue that that's the fulfilling promise. Now, some Jewish scholars think, well, that's preposterous, that's not that's not even what it meant, because it was never about location. It was about covenant anyway, getting in the weeds there. But the point is, as we all know, Jews come in all different colors, sizes, and shapes, right, and it was all over Europe and experienced, let's not trip, some of the worst atrocities.
Speaker 3: Known to humankind.
Speaker 2: The things that have been done to the Jews in Europe, I mean, absolutely unthinkable. Now, if we're talking just sheer numbers of death, the Native Americans suffered a higher number. But which is crazy to say that, like, yeah, those numbers actually dwarf the Holocaust, but that's a whole other story. The point is Holocaust was real, and that type of trauma has been sitting in these collective bones for so long.
Speaker 3: Clearly they had no place to go. Now.
Speaker 2: The sanitary story is that, you know, birth in these concentration camps and birth in these sufferings was this yearning to go back home, to find a place that we could call our own, and to go build that place in the land of our ancestors, which was Judea or what they're like, well, that's Israel, right, but at the time was Palestine. Why it's Palestine is because while all this was happening everywhere else, whether it was the Turkish Empire, the Romans, the Maleukes, like everybody, all got a piece of the action in this land called Judea. Palestine's called Palestine because when the Romans ACKed it, they were making fun of them, and Palestine is like Philistine, which is like the mortal enemies. But either way, there's people that's like, I don't care what you call it. We never left you feel me. We've been Palestine since the Roman Empire. So that's where we are now. The birth of the modern nation state, as y'all know, that's post World War two, which, as you know, nation states are imaginary lines. They're just they're made up. They're not like and they are fortified by violence, right and commerce. Well, this is a made up term, right, because the borders aren't actually real, they're made up. The modern nation state product of war and imaginary borders. Like, that's just I don't know what else, it's what it is now at this point, I think it's a good idea of dropping this clip from Rabbi Yakov Shapiro. He wrote this book called The Empty Wagon, Zionism's Journey from Identity Crisis to Identity Theft.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible book.
Speaker 2: He's a theologian, rabbi obviously thirty years, incredibly smart man. And like I said, there's probably plenty of y'all.
Speaker 3: That think he's full of shit.
Speaker 2: Listen, I understand that, you know, but I think what he's about to articulate really is helpful to understand again the way that these identities.
Speaker 3: Merge and interplay.
Speaker 2: Now, again, he's a theologian, so he talks in those terms, and in this clip he's responding to specifically Trump talking about moving the capital from tel Aviv, like the embassy moving from tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: All right, you see, to the eternal capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem. I was with him until he said the eternal capital of the Jewish people. President Trump has the right to make whatever foreign policy he wants, and he feels that Miami Beach is best to recognize as the capital of Israel.
Speaker 4: That's his business. He can do it.
Speaker 1: But once he starts talking about the Jewish people, now he's inroaching upon religion, and now that's my domain. There is absolutely no political relationship between the Jewish people and Jerusalem. It's merely a holy city. The Jewish people don't have a capital. We never had a capital. Countries have capitals, States have capitals. That's the definition of a capital capital dictionary. Now the most important city or town of a country or region. Now, the Jewish people are not a country or region. The Jewish people are a religious community. We pray towards Jerusalem, but we relate to Jerusalem only as a holy city, not as a political capital city of the Jewish people. And all of those overtures that we make to Jerusalem and the yearning that Jews have for Jerusalem is only as a holy city, not as a capital city. And because it's a holy city, it doesn't matter who has sovereignty over it. Jerusalem is just as holy and just as much Jerusalem, whether it's under the auspices of the Turks or the Roman or the British, or whoever. It's important to know that the Zionists were the ones that started this business of the capital of the Jewish people, and it's an idea that conflicts directly with the teachings of Judaism. At Mount Sinai in the desert, the Torres says, the Bible says about us Hayaim Hazenieslam. That's when we became a people. The Jewish people aren't a people because of a land, or out of people because of a language. We're not out of people because of a culture. We were a religion, and when we were deputized into the religion, when we accepted the religion given to us by God, that's when we became the Jewish people. We had no land, no territories, we had no capital city. And in fact, our commentators say, the reason why God gave the Jews the Tora in the desert before they went into the Holy Land was in order to teach them that land country has nothing to do with your jewishness. Your jewishness is because you accept the religion. A couple of years ago, the Pope went to visit Natanio, and Natanio's breaking to the Pope, this is where Jesus lived in this land, and.
Speaker 3: He spoke Hebrew here.
Speaker 1: So the Pope corrected him. The Pope said, no, Aramaic, And Pope was right, and nat Natanio says, yeah, yeah, but he understood Hebrew. Well, you know, maybe he did. But Hebrew was never the national language of the Jewish people. It was a holy language, just like land of Israel was a holy land. Oh by the way, if you see the clip and you don't know which of the two people talking as natanioh and which is the Pope, the Pope's the one.
Speaker 4: Wearing the Yamaica.
Speaker 1: Even if we were to pretend that the Jewish people have a capital, that would have nothing to do with whether Jerusalem should be the capital of Israel, because Israel's not the Jewish people. Israel has nothing to do with the old Jewish commonwealth. It's a country that was created in nineteen forty eight. When you hear the Israelis or the Zionists talk about how Jerusalem has a connection with the Jewish people for two thousand years, three thousand years, four thousand years, it's all true, but that doesn't translate to well, therefore Juwsom has to be part of Israel. People think that Israel is some kind of continuation of the Jewish government, but it's not. It's a completely different form of government, completely different values, completely different ideology, and completely different people. These are not religious Jews that are running the country. These are atheists. And yet the Israeli prime ministers, from Ben Gurian all the way up to Natanioh use the Bible as an excuse for ownership of the land. Ben Gurion, he says, the mandate is not our Bible, but the Bible is our mandate. This is a man that didn't believe the Bible is given by God. He didn't believe God ever spoke to prophets. He didn't believe it at all. Neither does Benjamin Eitanioho. It says in a Bible, watch the sabbath to keep it holy. Natanie, who doesn't refrain from work on the Sabbath it says not to eat non kosher food in the Bible. Does Natanio who do the No, There is nothing wholly in the Bible that Natanio, who cares about. The only thing cares about is his land. Restorationists Protestants, we call them Evangelical Christians today. They existed hundreds of years before any Jewish Zionist was ever born. And because the Evangelicals, the Restorationists, had great influence in Britain, and Britain had the mandate, the Zionists very very much adopted the Christian evangelical interpretation of the Bible, and.
Speaker 4: That's what they use today.
Speaker 1: You'll find that Benjamin Natanio sometimes even espouses Christian evangelical interpretations of the Bible over the Jewish ones. A number of years ago, Natania who spoke in the so side of the Auschwitz concentration camp, and he mentioned a prophecy in the book of Jacheskel about how the prophets saw dried bones rising from the ground and growing flesh and becoming live again. And Natania who said that that prophecy is fulfilled with the date of Israel, because the Jews were dry bones and now they grew flesh and they're real people. Again, this interpretation is not found anywhere in any Jewish source, because in Judaism this is impossible. But for over a century this has been a Christian evangelical interpretation. The Zionists when they talk about the Bible, they're not talking about the Judaic version of Judaism and Jewishness. They're talking really about the Christian evangelical version. Nataniou has no right to claim that his state is mine. I was born in America, my father was born in Poland. My mother's family is from England. We have nothing to do with Israel. We're Jews, We're observant Jews, we're religious Jews. I wear Yamica. Natanio doesn't. I keep the shapest Natanio doesn't, And Israel is not my nation state.
Speaker 3: In the slightest this.
Speaker 1: Is a eunilateral claim of the Israelis, of the Zionists, and it's an assault on my religion. So too the claim that Jerusalem is the capital of the Jewish people, because it transforms the Jewish people from a religious identity to a national identity to a political identity, and it's an assault on my religion. When Natanio says that because Jerusalem is so connected to the Jewish people, therefore it must be part of the State of Israel. Jerusalem's holiness, Jusalem's value to the Jewish people, has nothing to do with who owns it, and it certainly has no reason to be part of the State of Israeli.
Speaker 2: So this differentiation between person, nation, and ethnicity, it's really important for this conversation now. As thesionists came up with this idea to build this modern nation state, there couldn't have been any doubt in the original like mandates people's mind that the only way to build the nation is to expel the people that are there, because it's people already there. You had to like kind of know that. But at the same time, these people are functioning from serious, deep seated, horrible atrocities that I wouldn't wish on anybody. So with that type of trauma sitting in your bones, the idea of somebody saying you don't belong here triggers all of the anti Semitism that they've experienced for so long.
Speaker 3: And I feel it because that's a real, real thing.
Speaker 2: And I think I'm using terms like zionis Israeli again on purpose, because these are all different types of identities and they're all different things. Anti Semitism has to do with the idea of you thinking that Jews should not exist. That's absurd and deplorable and disgusting, and I understand why they're so defensive about it. Right, So then you have this mandate. Basically what happened was in during the nineteen forties, it was under British control the region of Palestine. They decided we're just gonna like, we're just gonna leave and it's up for grabs. We're not gonna fight over it. It's just this is too weird. Whoever wants it, you could get it. And while Palestine was thinking, okay, finally y'all gonna leave, this other group of people from Europe came in and snatched them up up and was like, all right, we building a nation. Israel's born. We just made a deal with Europe, and Palistine Palestinians is like, wait, whoa who are y'all? They're like, well, this is our ancestral land. They're like, okay, well this is our ancestoral land too, and our current land. Like what, You're just gonna build a country right here? Well, that's cool, man, But like we kind of already are a country. No, no, no, no, this is the ancestral land of the Jewish people. And the Palestinians was like, well, yeah, we a lot of us are Jewish too. Yeah, no, we're from here. They're like, no, we're from here. It's like, well damn, y'all look real Russian to be from here.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The point is there was quite a culture class right there. And then the next moves, y'all please understand they were political, Like these moves are this is politics, y'all. And as we know, what informs politics, just like in America, is faith, race, and identity. Right, But it's different there because what does it mean to be an Arab? A lot of times you say Arab, you think Muslim. Not all Arabs are Muslim, not all Arabs are Christian, not all Arabs are Jews. Arab is it's an umbrella term that we want to compartmentalize or something. So when you talk about Hamas being a Muslim extremist, they just happen to be Muslim, right, that's not that is not what radicalized them.
Speaker 3: Well, radicalize them with oppression?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Who you thinking about when you think in a Muslim extreme you thinking hesbelah, that's Iran, right, and they are. That's more of a political religious zealot situation. Kamas as different they from Palestine. They was in a different situation they're facing. And this is the part that like I feel like I had to like let myself see if I'm gonna let myself. And it hurts me so much to say it, but again, these moves are political. They're not they're political move yo. And let me say this, just like in America, there's plenty of times where you know your regular ass this way, I have none to do it. I can't tell you what we're doing everywhere, like and I don't agree with everything they doing, like so your regular Israeli citizen probably for the most part, it is like, man, what is why y'all doing this? All they know is damn moss be shelling us, Like I wish y'all ain't shell us.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like you know, that's all they know, but they like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean shit, man, Like now I don't agree with the nation doing but like I mean, it is what it is, Like what I'm gonna do? You know, So your regular human is now, who I'm talking about, your regular ass Israeli is not who I'm talking about here as a geopolitical nation state they're experiencing. I mean, this is it's an ethnic cleansing, like I don't know, it's it's kind of what it is. And they're fighting back like y'all, y'all. Gaza is the size of Washington, DC. It's five miles wide, it's thirty five miles long, like.
Speaker 3: GDS is tiny.
Speaker 2: They's just And I heard somebody tell me that, well, Israel gave gods back in two thousand and five. I need to be more informed, And I'm like, that's a weird way to give back. You tell me they gave back, but they ain't got no army, they ain't got no gut dang, they don't got no municipalities. They the power, the water, the food, the borders is all controlled by the other nation. That don't sound like that's giving back to me. And you can't leave, like I just don't seem like that don't sound like giving back to me. All that to say, the radicalization of groups like Hamas, now I'm gonna say probably probably has blood in their ear, Like you're gonna let this shit ride.
Speaker 3: You're gonna let them keep treating you like this.
Speaker 2: But their radicalization was situational, like they just it's hard to not imagine Native American tribes if this was seventeen seventies something and Native Americans had their hands on some of the same that they wouldn't have done the same. I just I can't, are we do you okay? Listen, let me pause this because I could already hear you. Do you want me to condemn the killing of innocent civilians? I'm gonna ask you the same question. That's the pause was on purpose because that's what war is like, and it's and it's hard to even call this a war because one of them don't got an army like this. That's what I'm trying to say right now, Like, of course it's disgusting. People always wanted black people to condemn riots and condemn looting like war. Can you well, you're not condoning these actions. I'm like, you want me to do that, but you want me to do that and compartmentalize it. The ship, the people going through that caused it, the powder keg. But doctor King talked about it like I can't condone this. I can't condemn this violence without talking about the powder keg that these cities were sitting on, like I can't now. Granted, I understand we still talk about war crimes. That's why I started with the original story. They war crimes like you duh. But yeah, So once Israel became a nation, it started just chunking off different regions and saying, Okay, look, this is what we gonna do. We ain't leaving, Like I don't know if you've ever heard, you know, some of the reparations they're starting to talk about among Native Americans here and they're like, man, well what can we America's like, well, what can we do to make this better? And Native tribes is like, you can give us our land back, which is the obvious right you and I both know that's not gonna happen. I don't even know why you asked, like, nigga, you ask how you're gonna make it? Right, Nigga, you give us our landback? When people say Palestine's not even willing to negotiate, because they're like, I mean, it's already at a loss, like y'all not leaving. I understand Israel being like I don't want to hear nobody else tell us that we can't be nowhere. I totally understand that. So they're going through these negotiations, if you will. The problem is Israel has the most state of the are military like on the planet, and they got the back end of everybody, and you're fighting against the city of Seattle. So like, I mean, of course it's going to be a blood bad right, So they just so anyway, so Israel kept chunking away, they kept agreeing to these certain things, and then like if you like, I remember when I went again, when I went into East Jerusalem into Bethlehem and they're like, this is Palestine. I'm like, okay, dope, what about those dope condos over there? They're like, oh, those are Israeli settlements. Like wait, you mean to tell me, okay, you mean to tell me this the part that they gave you. But then they still took part of what they gave you. It's like yeah, I was like, okay, so they didn't give you nothing and give us nothing, you know what I'm saying. So it's like again I had to believe my own eyes. I was like, I mean, this is I mean, it's kind of what's happening now. That being said, from an Israeli perspective, it's a quality of life situation where they could be like use it the same argument, like damn, can we pay for your water?
Speaker 4: Nigga?
Speaker 3: We pay for.
Speaker 2: Your power cuz like we your military, Like damn, nigga, you get to be I mean, what else do you want?
Speaker 3: Homie?
Speaker 2: Like shit, that's that would be like the Israeli side, Like, I mean, all y'all, do yon't even say thank you?
Speaker 3: Just bomb us?
Speaker 2: You just keep telling us we ain't doing shit right. It's like, goddamn nigga, Like fuck, this is israel side, Like what more can we do? Like we're not leaving, I mean, got out of bread, like we're trying to figure out a way for us to like work, Like I mean, shit, bro, But that brings us to now.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if y'all remember last year there was a bombing some violence that happened in one of Islam's most holiest days, in one of their holiest temples, on one of their most holy says.
Speaker 3: You remember that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: According to Hamas, they're like this what we retaliating against? Like y'all can't y'all just can't keep doing this to us. I want you to feel the pain we felt and continue to feel, because this is just one day for y'all. We've been going through this for seventy years. The pain you feeling today, we've been going through for seventy years. You would think that this is a podcast of approving of that, and it's not. The idea that this was unprovoked is laughable. The provoking started. You'd have to go back to them out in an empire. Now, my final thesis is how do.
Speaker 3: You reverse engineer piece? Because the truth is that's really my desire.
Speaker 4: For the world. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 2: At the grandular individual level, which is why I'm talking about this piece thing, the suffering is unimaginable, whether it's continued, a continuous suffering of the Palestinians, whether it's the moves that Hamas is making, whether it's it's the specific situations that are happening with you know, citizens of Israel and citizens of Palestine, whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is, there's the sufferings unimaginable.
Speaker 2: Again, as somebody who we're inner city kids, we get it.
Speaker 3: The carnage, the carnage is unthinkable.
Speaker 2: So we used to do our stop the violence, you know, pursuits our peace treaties. When you talk to somebody who's really living that life and in their brain they're thinking, you want me to sit across the table. This man killed potentially killed a fourth of my family. They ain't no peace. Fuck your truths, Like like Kendrick says, like, there's there's no like crawl your head in that news. There is no you know that. And that's what That's what this type of violence and suffering causes in a person. But if you really want to see that type of world peace that I think we all hope for, if that's your goal, like I had a business partner say, is if your goals in ten years you want this, we need to reverse engineer that. Well what needs to happen first, you know, and what steps need to be taken to see that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You know me, I wrote a book called Terror for you know. So I'm listen. I'm a dreamer. I'm real, I'm as real as it comes.
Speaker 3: But I'm a dreamer. Right now, I'm gonna be a dreamer.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: The first thing you gotta do is we got to end colonialism. You have to end imperialism. You have to end partheis. You have to end it. You have to end our modern geopolitical way we run nation states like you have to. You can't have empires because this is why. How is Israel enforcing their borders? It's violence? How else could you because no one would accept these terms. No one would accept these terms. That's what you're witnessing. Nobody's accepting these terms. I just get you have to enforce it by violence. Now, if you don't want to accept it, how do you resist it?
Speaker 3: Or you resist what's by violence? You resist?
Speaker 2: That's what that's how you But if there wasn't a thing right, if there was, if the colonialism purely like, if there wasn't a thing right you didn't have, you wouldn't have to enforce borders that way. Like the homies that search for common grounds say, you know, conflict is unavoidable, but violence is a choice. We don't have conflicts when you got murder each other. Why are borders like that? Why why are that happened?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Because our economic model, our capitalism, whatever the model is, our economic model is based on scarcity. It's controlling a resources. The idea of like I think there's this thing with like like loitering laws. Like like, if you think about loitering laws, what they're saying is you're not allowed to be somewhere doing nothing. Like you can't just be outside doing nothing Like that's loitering because the land you're standing on belongs to someone, or maybe it doesn't, and if it doesn't, you still can't do that. It means it belonged to the state, and the state get to say this park is closed to ten o'clock, Like you just can't just be outside.
Speaker 3: Like so when you control.
Speaker 2: Resources, you're if your whole model is based on scarcity, then it requires an enforcement of that scarcity to maintain your system.
Speaker 3: When we talked about like looting, you know why is looting?
Speaker 2: At the end of Hurricane Katrina Nigga, y'all talk about looting, I don't understand. A hurricane just happened. We just everybody hungry. I don't understand. How was you talking about?
Speaker 3: What do you mean looting? I would love to pay the guy for the for the.
Speaker 2: You want me to leave five dollars on the counter? Jup said, Like what you want me to do? Like it's the city's underwater, Like, I, well, there's food at the shelter. How you how you how you think I'm gonna get there? Like it just I just like it's so preposteros. Right, So I'm saying, if you're gonna protect your little store, the only way to do it is you. I mean, you gotta put a gun in my face because if it's me and if you coming between me and my child's play, the food nigga is violence, you'd have to You'd have to you have to rethink all that. I have to do away with racial supremacy. I'm about outlawing it, like it has to go away. You have to, because it's racial supremacy. Like if you look at the doctrine of the Discovery, like you look at what we looking at right now, Like these people really think that some people's lives are just worthless. Like if y'all would just stay in y'all place, if you just you just you just really view these other people on the other side of this border as like they pawns in a war.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We trying to make a bigger point here.
Speaker 2: I just I mean, how can you how else can you justify what chattel slavery was? If you if you understand that the Africans are humans like you can't us to find a holocaust if you don't think you think Jews are You can't justify what we did to the Native Americans if you don't call them savages. It's the same language you're hearing about immigration right now. Racial supremacy, that type of like racism, that type of thinking makes violence. Okay, man, fuck them over there. So before you start talking about, oh, I just want peace, I just want peace, Okay, you gotta think about the things that have to happen for us to see that piece. And my question to you is how bad do.
Speaker 3: You want peace? The politics y'all?
Speaker 2: Yo yo. This thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Low's Boil Heights, Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 3: This thing was mixed, edited.
Speaker 2: Mastered, and scored by the one and the only Matt Awsowski. Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics, We'll see you next week.