Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Statavak along with Emily Graffeo. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined Bloomberg New Secutaries reporter Natalia Kenny Javichinatalia.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, So let's start with the best performing stock in this MP five hundred today, which is Ralph Floren the tickets RL. The shares are up by almost fifteen percent, so we see that revenue and profit beata expectations. But of course it's interesting to look across different regions. Asia, specifically, China drove sales. You were up by thirty one percent. Sales in Europe increased by eighteen percent despite higher energy prices this uncertainty. Here in North America, shares were up by eight percent. So the management overall said that shoppers remain resil in despite all this uncertainty, and they are able to withstand tariffs and all this economic uncertainty now. Analysts also highlighted the fact that the company capitalized on trends like quiet luxury, which is no longer such a hot trend because people are I don't know, show their luxury. They have it. So we'll see how earnings. You know, we'll see wire luxury, quiet luxury. Don't tell me you don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean I know that Ralph Lauren. Like when I see the clothes at like the US Open, there's a huge polo logo that doesn't necessarily scream quiet luxury, does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's different. But let's say I don't know if there's sachi or don't you go on In terms of colors, you know, yeah, they have like there's a little bit of sweater with a very small pony logo.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes the pony is like sometimes but yeah, okay, I guess it all depends on the definition of quiet.
Speaker 3: True. So true. Let's look at the other side of this spectrum, Walmart, so we see that shares are done by almost seven percent. The ticket is of course WMT, so we see that just a TPS forecast kin blow expectations. Comparable sales were also lower. Companies said that rising fuel costs are of course a big problem right now, and of course the management highlighted the fact that they see this skey shaped recovery. High income consumers are still confident, lower income consumers are becoming more selective. The number of discounts, by the way, increased by twenty percent, so that's a pretty big move. And also I found one commentary from Bloomberg Intelligence really interesting because they said advertising revenue driven by the World Cup could be one of the biggest drivers ahead.
Speaker 2: All right, well.
Speaker 3: There's something you're going to the World I don't think so. No, tickets are so expensive.
Speaker 2: Tickets are so expensive.
Speaker 3: It's going to be something like a last minute whatever. I love football or soccer, however you call it.
Speaker 1: There are plenty of games that are not the World Cup, games that you can go to.
Speaker 3: All those true, but maybe the level of excitement is not.
Speaker 1: There's still time, There's still time.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: All right, what else you have for us?
Speaker 3: Now, let's look at industrials. Guys, Deer shares the tickets DEE are down by almost five percent, so this is interesting. We see that fiscal second quarter earnings came above expectations, but the company got a lift from construction and the so called forest tree segment is when they turn trees into building materials. But analysts also highlighted the fact that the company got terror free fund, paid lower taxes, so it's not just like the core business itself. When I asked why share prices are down by so much, they said that the stock is at by almost twenty percent year to date, and the fact that the company also maintained outlook for North America and Canada, which is sales would be down beare fifteen and twenty percent, that that was kind of a negative thing and maybe people are just taking profits right a little bit of expectations just being very very high for John Dear.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.