Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another episode of Busting Spring Tour. This is a very very special opportunity for two reasons. One to tell you about the great Chevy Silverado, how amazing it is, how affordable, beautiful, rugged, tough and dependable. Then nine to five are working back and forth doing your thing on a daily basis. You know, you to get from point A to point B without an issue and looking great. The Chevy Silverado truly something to really love and believe him. Another reason why I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you keeping another why.
Speaker 2: It's like a Chevy something.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 3: You get going, You got that silver tongue, you just flowing. I'm like, I don't want to rupt.
Speaker 2: Beautiful dude.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things this tongue. I got Robertson, who maybe maybe the most versatile, best dual threat quarterback of all time and NCAA history and n c A history, came in same draft class as me and Chris Bryant. Not only was a great football player here now works at the university. I recruited my man here and he's been slating for the Blue ever since. Let's give a rind V plus for the boys.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to take a back pedal for a second, because we were talking before, right right, No, no, what you were how you were introducing them?
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: What do you think you rank in top and top most dual certain quarterbacks of all time?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. I don't know. I've never thought about that, Like, who comes to mind that in that case? Lamar Lamar Jackson? Uh, shoot, you gotta think about it. Damn been some guys. You got to think about it. Like I watched Michael Vick growing up, Like that was my dude, watching him, you know, do his thing at Virginia Tech. Watch him do it ata Like I was like, I'm gonna be like I try to think about left handed for a second. You know, Vic victm was I guy, like Victim, my guy, So watching him, I was like, That's why I wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Like most of it, Like you got to see him in practice, bro, he did the dumbest ship at practice.
Speaker 2: He mean, guys are so stupid. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like, first off, the man doesn't tie his shoelaces, does not tie shit, So he go out to practice before they made him like some custom ones. His shoes flopping on the side and you're like, bro, you're gonna slip over and I'll be all right. And he was from Deerfield Beach, Florida. My man can enunciate now, but when you first met him, you're like him with the pot. You and the hookey Florida kids were talking. I'm listening, They're like, oh, this is a different language, he said. I think there was a run on sentence the whole damn time. Bro, he could not say a word anyway. So this dude would like the first couple of days of practice because Tate Forcier came in with you, and then he was like one of the early enroll league guys and so every was all pumping Tates tires like that.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I went to Tait's house, Bro, he had a big weed pipe in the corn. Like we get down here. I'm like, ship's kind of dope.
Speaker 2: The place you had to go to take.
Speaker 1: Everything going out to camp and like I'm two fifty, I'm red shirting, you know, I'm like, where the party, Let's have some fun.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: The nardi is fucking breaking. Dude's ankles left him right, would just run and he would be like dbs be chasing and just be like him, pulling away by yards. Bro killing shoes, not falling off at all, and indeed shoes of all and that's a solid brand. But that's before they actually kicked up the.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 1: Then the dinas was just like getting the football market. But dude was fucking killing, absolutely killing you. You remember, he was murdering the game, you guys the class.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you got an interesting story. The first time you met Taylor, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they want to Taylor the day wanted to Tailor. I saw, I loved him. I was like this dude, dude, like this is gonna be my dude. So the first time, the first who was who's it a normal?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And who was that jersey? First came out?
Speaker 2: You're a jerk. I know you.
Speaker 1: I know something. I took a good twenty thirty minutes and to do that. You doing that, like I gotta do the one white guy in the locker. Yeah, he's doing his thing.
Speaker 2: So so here's the story. So the first night I mean him, we learned, we learned how to do the jerk. Taylor learns it. He's like, I got it. We go to a party, right, tell.
Speaker 1: Them what the party was at though?
Speaker 2: It was what was it?
Speaker 1: It was an all black fraternity and all black we walk in. It was like it was like, what's something that.
Speaker 2: They kind of looking over.
Speaker 1: It was like like a bad comment. Dudes are looking back?
Speaker 2: Is this cracker like that?
Speaker 1: And I kind of walking Hey excited to be a part of the crew.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He wasn't he fit in? And you could tell you he was one of the boys. Like we got it and what's up? Like swag shirt came on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much so we started to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we did that. And then like we went to another frat party, go to another fat part. This one it was it was a big frat part.
Speaker 1: It was like one of the big ones over by the rock.
Speaker 2: So we go, we go there. Taylor take the ox, like I just learned how to do the jerk. I'm gonna take that. We're gonna put the ox on them. He took the whole ten years old. He started drinking on the table.
Speaker 1: Did you put on blink on any too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I started doing he starting the drinking shirt.
Speaker 2: I know you just six seven yeah, six seventies on somebody table doing the ripping.
Speaker 1: Real about it? Oh yeah, and like I never really danced like that before, So I was like, man, I'm fucking killing. I could have been dying. I could have been like not at all. It could just be hype. Like at least he is doing it. I'm from Cave Creek, Arizona, dude, always like people think I can dance, Like girls start coming up, started doing the yeah, the piece to piece.
Speaker 2: I'm on.
Speaker 1: Now I'm against the wall, like having a seizure, Like, what's going to happen? Honest, bro, there's no better.
Speaker 3: Feeling than getting accepted by the brothers on the team.
Speaker 2: Is so funny, that's so true about it. It's like Taylor feeling like this, right. He had a teammate that came in, Craig Row.
Speaker 1: Oh poor Craig. Craig was like super religious cat, like went to bed on time four point oh students and we were roommates in high school.
Speaker 2: So imagine imagine him and like they two opposite, like really completely opposite. And I mean so he got he fitted right right away. What's the name of Craig. Craig is going to bed early on my I know Taylor's killing this dude.
Speaker 1: He hated he did. I've told the story before, but like there was a point where like hit his Bible and he like pray for people and if you like Grandma, you know, has this going on? Dad broke his ankle or something like that. And at the end it would just say Taylor, like, no explanation, just the fact that I needed Jesus.
Speaker 2: I mean, look what your friends worked. Let's know.
Speaker 3: So can we get a before we continue? Can we get a moment of silence for Craig Row?
Speaker 2: Thank you? I appreciate the boy. I appreciate that boy. Man.
Speaker 1: That was a big deal. One thing, dude. And so like when we were playing and stuff like that, you never want to ask questions because we're all just the boys. I don't want to ask stuff that's like going on with you. But when we first got there and they were playing Tate. First first game was Western Michigan and they had Tate starting and all that, like what was like this, you guys are in a quarterback battle. In the beginning, we were like We're like, hey, I'm way better than this guy.
Speaker 2: Like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I knew I was way better than him as in like ability wise, but he knew he knew the offense. Yeah, so like that that that time that he came in for spring, he learned the offense. Yeah, he kind of knew how to get on the board and draw it up and do all everything. You know new defense. I didn't know defense. I came from different beast, Florida. Yeah, we like we're just going out of the beach being you in football. That's so I started learning it when I got here. I started learning it, and I knew I had more ability to him throwing the ball, running the ball, whatever. But I knew he knew the play So like coach and mc h the guy that know the plays, Yeah, I didn't know the plays. I was out of just being raw. Yeah, so ship in my first playoffs dropped the snap. I forgot to.
Speaker 1: Play bro his first place. They come out like we got to pull this clip up too. When we put this out there, it's Western's he's jogging out there, bass donkey. Oh he's jogging out I'm sitting there, dude, a rail two fifty, like just want hey, let's go, guys, fucking do it. We're all winning. And Dinard comes out because Tate's been starting. It's first play. They're like showing the he doesn't tie his shoes, which I didn't believe you knew how to tire your shoes. I really thought you didn't know how to tire your shoes. And he comes out, takes it, takes a snap, and I think it was like tay Otem's coming across right.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to getting a reverse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here reverse.
Speaker 3: He drops the ball, like did know I put this man this man's hands, he's got some big.
Speaker 1: And he got some meaty sticks on it. Here he drops the ball and picks it up and then runs forty five yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: First player ever at Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was unbelievable, but just going electric in the.
Speaker 2: Coach. Coach Rott was like you didn't know what to play? I was like, I forgot it because like this literally what happened. Like the first play that actually we got outside pidow because I got got up there. I'm nervous. That's the big house. So like I get up and I'm like, damn said that the left tackle over will hurt me. He jumps off side, so I got that's five yards back. So I'm like, I can't mess this up.
Speaker 1: Where you left tackle? No, it was Perry right now, he was playing right tackle. Who is something or or that's what was? Yeah, not my or Jordan or white Dade grinder. Okay, lunch lunch guy. So then he jumps outside.
Speaker 2: So then I'm like, all right, cool the next player, I'm like, I got to say loud as hell, So I said loud. I forget the whole playoffs, Like the ball come to me, I'm like, oh, got the ball, picked the ball up. I was like, I don't know if it's supposed to go right, I'm right right.
Speaker 1: And from then on we're all like, oh, this is just that guy. By the Michigan State game, you were starting right. No, I didn't start freshman year at all. I didn't start all freshman drinking A lot of drinking freshman year. I was twice You probably even really watched the game, so I started being a fan. Did you guys have to travel to away games? No, we didn't travel.
Speaker 2: No. So he had a good Frida Fridays. I know you'll hate the Fridays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get killed in the weight room, but after that, let's yeah, dude, it was the best bro We had a fucking blast doing the bars.
Speaker 2: Used to probably kill you in the light room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Barb was just killing us all the time. But you know that we used to run more than anybody ever.
Speaker 2: The first workout. Tell us about the first workout.
Speaker 1: All right, you're the guest, but I'll tell you the first workout. So the first the first workout we get there, we do like high percha few workout, three sets of twelve, We do a whole barbell complex. We do three twelve squats. We're fucking dead. Then we do uh pliometrics till like till we're like our legs are gone. I'm like, my legs are like cramping. I'm stuck in a little ball and he's like he walks over to me and Barbi says this glass eater like mouth, like the way he talks, and he goes, hey, welcome to Michigan. How do you like my dick in your mouth?
Speaker 2: And he walks away from me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh what do you like? It was did and then we walked outs like time to go run and then we go do a double fifth, which is two times run the field, and then we do two single fifths. Then we run like eight one tens. Yes, they run eight forties, a couple of one twenties and then three hundreds to finish. But as one run that is fuck Mondays and Mondays and Fridays. It's not good for you. Oh no, but hey, you're in college.
Speaker 2: I was the best shape I ever been in my life.
Speaker 1: He was running track and field too in the off season.
Speaker 2: I read track too. Yeah, so I did that, did that on top of it, and then I want to go to the track. I want to do sixties and hundreds and two hundreds. So I literally came from network out to that workout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we only want the track and field needs to be like a lot of ship for Dinard, he's always smiling and watching.
Speaker 2: High school.
Speaker 1: Our O nine class was like tight like that.
Speaker 2: It was really tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super tight class happened.
Speaker 2: That was like, so I still watch the bus, you know what I'm saying. Uh, Brendan just started the podcast too, so he's starting one.
Speaker 1: Bred g Oh no ship. I haven't talked to Gibbons in like five six years. Really what podcast is doing I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: He asked me to get on there, so I talked to him. I still talk to everybody. You know that I could still come back and talk text me. Uh. Since I got the jobs, a lot of people start texting. You know that they played with us, so they all talking about coming back. Dream Gallo is a part of the class. Hawthorn in there, hawthornes that I killed.
Speaker 1: There's OK my elbow because of him.
Speaker 2: What do you think he's doing now, Taylor Hawthorne. Yes, he's a Florida kid, right, Yes, he's back in Florida. That's a good question right here.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is like a trick. It is a trick.
Speaker 1: Oh Ship, Who's this one that spoke a different language?
Speaker 2: First? Got here? The craziest player on the team.
Speaker 1: They're asking what I'm gonna go to say answers selling insurance.
Speaker 2: He's a police officer. Now, no he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 2: He's a police officer. We're living in Florida right now. Man, that is crazy. Everybody get everything.
Speaker 1: He's actually not.
Speaker 5: He told me he was twenty six for twenty seven out of Chase Down.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't wait to do ship like. He showed me a highlight of him catching a kid with the camp ripping after him. Was like He told me he give the kid he was going. He told me gave yes.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he smoking future.
Speaker 1: Drunk future, the NFL hoalk some kids down, for sure.
Speaker 5: He gives them, gives them a nice little hair start to make it fun.
Speaker 2: He was legit, like four or five for four. Yeah, legit.
Speaker 3: I want to hear stories your guys' perspective about the boy.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, go ahead, Chris, I recruited you.
Speaker 2: You got Yeah, I want to. I want to hear some stories.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Nothing's off limits here.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't really remember my official visit.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you want.
Speaker 2: That's always good.
Speaker 5: I remember official visit, but I know, I know it was good enough for me to commit here. I know, uh Taylor, When I came here, the only thing I remember is being in the back of a pickup truck. Yeah, I remember who had a pickup truck. But I remember like me and Jack Miller was in the back of a pickup truck.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember that Miller. I didn't have a pickup truck. I had that Cadillact the Ville with.
Speaker 2: The steel horns on it.
Speaker 4: I loved.
Speaker 2: Somebody had a pickup in the bag bikes.
Speaker 1: I had a two seater bike. I would ride the class and by myself wanted to ride down the hill. There was a blast.
Speaker 2: It was Taylor in the summer turned into a different guy.
Speaker 7: His right hand man to get that tattoo right, Yeah about it.
Speaker 1: They really wanted you, but you were like the pride of Illinois. We were coming out there like hey, you gotta get this kid. So I was like, all right, I remember. Well it's basically the same thing for every recruit, like take him out, get them hammered. Whichever was thinking, Oh he's seventeen years old, Taylor, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 2: Just grow the funk up. If you're watching this yrup, so.
Speaker 1: Get him, get him hammer go out, take him out, and just let them enjoy their life. That's really it. I had a tight End one time that I took a nine iron and I gave it to him at the Red House and I was like, go and hit the walls. So we took out a wall.
Speaker 6: Two, I am.
Speaker 1: Ran through a wall, took the nine ron, just started beating the wall in, so we're good. Committed that next day, I commit committed. The next day, I forget his name. Tight End, though, white kid.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Get him hammer and put him on some chicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. That's all you have to do. That's the game of recruiting, right, that's all that, That's all it was. Did you miss on any recruits?
Speaker 4: One? Uh?
Speaker 2: I think it was Jeff Fisher. Oh, the kid that went to Orgon.
Speaker 1: He went to Oregon and then he went to Cincinnati and became a tight end. But I was I was bat in one thousand. I had everybody, everybody I hosted committed. Yeah, it's awesome because you would get like when you commit, when you hosted guys, you get you get fed at a nice food too. Money. He gets a predem money and I was like living like a two hundred dollars You fucking kidding.
Speaker 2: Hey, how should you give the recruit though? What nothing? If you get that?
Speaker 6: If you did, let me get something like Taylor still won't give you that.
Speaker 1: You're talking about it nothing at selfish at that paper. Give me money to get back on the title.
Speaker 2: It was not giving you a million. Can't give me a million?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when you're in elementary school growing up, Hey, I hit the lottery. I'll give you a million. He probably got that situation in real time. He's like, no, bro, I didn't buy a ticket from a gas station. I played football. It doesn't matter. Eighty sounds way better than seventy nine way back eighty two, though you're eighty to eighty three. Eighty three sounds way better.
Speaker 6: How did that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, I was a.
Speaker 1: Surprise that guy knew what happened, Like I knew.
Speaker 2: I know this guy.
Speaker 1: He's selfish, is what it is. That's wild, dude, in front of my friends, You're gonna soil me like that, dude.
Speaker 6: But no, when we play here, Taylor used to give out money all the time. In the spring, spring, in the summertime.
Speaker 1: You tell abouten Taylor would come back. No, no, no, I give you kids money.
Speaker 2: You're working for Nebraska.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what I'm saying, like when he was in the league, he come back.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: This was before he even had the eighty three, before he even had the rookie contract. Taylor was sitting on his proporch and drop money off.
Speaker 1: Then with this little two seater bike, and.
Speaker 2: This is a good lead. Yeah, we used to get somebody right what he.
Speaker 5: Wanted to lead you to a nice summer workouts whatever in the summertime.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna let the nar finish this one.
Speaker 1: But nervous.
Speaker 5: I feel like Taylor used to just like it was a lot of things, Like Taylor would just tell you, like, come on, we're about to go do something. You know what I mean, you don't really know what you're getting into. You know, say it's probably not good. But you would Taylor say you like, we ain't getting too much trouble. Everybody loved Taylor around here. No story just came out. Remember you had a fucking pig.
Speaker 1: Doctor Hamler, the third Doctor Hamler the third Bro. We had a whole lineage of doctoral pegs.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: We had a whole team meeting because the animals patrol people came and took the pig from Taylor.
Speaker 6: But anyway, that's whole.
Speaker 1: I don't even know about that. That's crazy. But so Taylors just.
Speaker 2: Stayed bro right behind us. It's a real house, real.
Speaker 5: House, legendary bro tell recouster this day. That's where Taylor Lawan stayed Bro.
Speaker 1: So that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Used to have this.
Speaker 5: Game after workouts in the summertime, you got a lot of free time or whatever where Taylor would round up all his before n I l N I l money that Taylor was still.
Speaker 2: Bro, you get some money. I never know.
Speaker 1: I wish we got pick no doubt if.
Speaker 2: Free food, that's all I bet he did it money, free food, free food.
Speaker 1: I got money was a little different. You were different.
Speaker 2: I wish I tell people all the time, I didn't get paid. You ain't get paid for being on the front of NC double. But that's after college. It was. It was after that was after everything. But like when I was hit playing once.
Speaker 1: You never signed a bunch of autographs for a few thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars after after I got them played. I never never did it before like that.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that's enough. We're trying to.
Speaker 1: Story's money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Taylor's I don't know where Taylor get all this money coming in from.
Speaker 1: But Bro's a great story, right, ladies.
Speaker 5: So Taylor around up some of the guys. We would be sitting on the front porch or whatever. So I'm just telling I don't know what's going on. I'm from inner City, Chicago. I never played this game, just give away money game and we got to play show. So Taylor going to the house or whatever, you know, we all just sitting out there or whatever. Taylor disappeared for a minute and Taylor come fight out the bill or whatever, and it's kind of like closed, but it's kind of like stuffy.
Speaker 6: Where you can't really like, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So I didn't.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what's going on. Tailor got fired allar so Taylor just kind of walk off or whatever, and I'm still not asking the question. I'm just observing Taylor walks like across the street on this side, and he had just dropped the fight dollar bill on the ground, So I'm looking like, oh damn, look at Taylor just making people's dates.
Speaker 2: Just somebody's going to walk out of the academic center of the day.
Speaker 5: Just find five dollars, go grab him a fight dollar subway and you know whatever. So we send down tailors come back giggling and shit laughing and stuff. So I'm not really figuring out what's going on. Then I want to say, I can't remember it was the first one or like maybe the seventh one that came down after we did and did it so many times, somebody came down picked it up, and I remember this one specific because it was an old couple tailor.
Speaker 6: I don't even remember this.
Speaker 2: No, this couple bro, I mean all this shit, bro.
Speaker 5: And they see the money might be like a ten dollar bill on the ground, they just walking.
Speaker 2: He picked it up.
Speaker 5: As soon as he grabbed it, he just kind of like got stuck there for a minute and he just let the money go and this.
Speaker 2: Shit all, Oh my god, No, you were that kind of dude. It was the best. You put a five out there.
Speaker 1: No one's saying no to a five on the side brow, so you do. So you take the money that you would earn not be given you the toilet and you take a knife, and you take a knife and you kind of scoop out some of the poop and you smear it on like butter, and then you fold it gently, walk it over like a little purse, and then lay it down, poop down. And then we would The hockey boys live right next to us, so the hockey boys and us would get all. They would just kind of pack up a bunch of thirty racks, hang out and just kind of pry under our little porches waiting for somebody to pick it up. Once they oh, you picked up the ship got you guys are giving the bird whatever, and then all the game would always in the same way. Homeless guy walks by, sees the ship, wipes it on the ground. It's doll hocket that five dollars out of there.
Speaker 2: It was wild find five more dollars.
Speaker 1: One dollar bill is not enticing what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You see that five?
Speaker 1: Even a ten, Holy ship, if you had a twenty, that is hilarious.
Speaker 2: That fucked up. It's hilarious. It's a little you know ship, you know, on a dollar bill.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 5: The worst thing is like you get so pissed and then you look over and you see it's like people of like six seven six six, What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: See these two guys of a porch and they laugh for that. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing, Like fuck, all these dudes in here laughing at me touching this poop dollar.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys man. Just keep walking, Yeah, keep walking.
Speaker 8: Dude, that is so much fun. So go ahead, you got something. I got a story for you about you.
Speaker 2: One time we went to this frat house and you we took the fire shooting and we went in there and just like oh in the rooms. Yeah, the whole upstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what, we went to this frat and oh my god, we were just we would go to We would go to frats because in our head it was like, these are all the rich kids that got everything. We didn't have anything, and we were mad about it.
Speaker 2: So we would.
Speaker 1: We would go to the frat and we would take out their fire extinguisher and we walk upstairs. When no one was looking, we'd open their rooms like someone belocked, someone belocked. But the ones that weren't locked, we'd open the door and then take the fire extinguisher and cover their entire room and go to the next room.
Speaker 2: Just because.
Speaker 3: Just up with young tail one gets in your house one day. Oh motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: And I know people are listening to this probably thinking like many was a really fucking bad kid.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: Everything was in the name of fun. Everything was the name of fun. Now, those frat kids that had to deal with a frothy room, like, that's my apologies. Those of you who picked up the poop dollar should have kept it.
Speaker 2: That's currency.
Speaker 4: That's on you.
Speaker 1: That's not me financially responsible. Yeah, the pig thing, that's a tough deal too, bro.
Speaker 6: What did y'all first of all, where did y'all get that pig from? And who's ideal?
Speaker 1: It was me and Michael Scholfield and uh yes, got well.
Speaker 8: So we were talking about we keep a contact with Yeah, Scofield's awesome a super Bowl with the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Right tackle. So Schofield I was roommates with him in that white house I showed you that lived in.
Speaker 2: My senior year.
Speaker 1: He's dating this girl and we're talking about owning a pig, and the girls like y'all are ever going to own a pig? Ever, We're like done, that's enough. Go on Craigslift Craigslist two hundred and fifty dollars for a pig, the pig off Craigs. So we pulled up like the dudes like in Wherever Michigan the hand everyone shows you where they're from. It's like he's here, we're here. It's an hour both ways. We'll meet in the middle of this random ass gas station, something out of a horror movie.
Speaker 2: We get there late at night, it's like eight pm.
Speaker 1: He pulls up and like a Chevy suburban and opens it up and his kids can't start piling out, and we're like, he's like telling about the pig, Hey, you got to feed it. If you take it outside, you gotta put sunscreen on it, because it burns easy, you know, like it's.
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 1: And the little girl, one of the little girls, like he bites, and the Dad's like, and in my head, I'm not even.
Speaker 2: Seeing the red flies with this pig.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, dude, we got this pig.
Speaker 2: Now, this is the dope a shit ever.
Speaker 1: And so we get the pig, we bring it, and then I come to find out that pigs don't pigs a little tiny hoofs don't do well on tile. They do better on carpet. And in the house, all we had was like the small, little maybe the size of us, in a square carpet. So the pig decides that that is now his territory and no one else is allowed to live.
Speaker 6: In that go in that area.
Speaker 1: And the only way to get from the front door to the kitchen was stoot the carpet. And this pig every morning would burrow, burrow into this blanket, and in the morning you'd be like creeping on the stairs slowly, dude, and all of a sudden, one.
Speaker 2: Creaky stairs and you just hear.
Speaker 1: His little nose would come out. Then it'd be like me, Eric Gunderson, Mike Schofield, and uh, the pig would be looking at us like we'd move left, he'd moved left, We move right, he moved right. And then you like push Gundy and run to the kitchen and realized like this is too much. This pig is mean and nasty. So one day I get like a pillow and get these pet stories and I get a pagan and a pillow and a broom and I'm like ushering this pig out to the front deck. And every day I'm like wrestling the pig and like holding it down, like rubbing SBR fifty on him because I don't want to burn.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I was to this thing.
Speaker 1: And then one day I'm like coming out, I'm feeding the pig carrots and these girls walking like what are you doing. I was like kind of like rattled, and it was like, I have this pig and I just give a carrots sometimes like I know what. And they're like, all right, that's kind of cool, and I'm like, yeah, you want to you want to see me the carrot?
Speaker 2: And they're like where's carrot?
Speaker 1: And I like kind of tossed the toss the carrot out a little bit. The piggy like does he live out here? And I'm like yeah, like we take a picture of the pig. I was like, yeah, for sure, Well they take a picture of the pig. Like the next day, I'm like sitting in my living room and I get to knock at the door and in my head, I'm like, someone can't be that the pig is gonna get them opened the door and it's one of like the I don't know the people that take away animals where they no, it ain't Peter, ain't the the the JJ gargantuan take away animals. It's like the the Humane Society comes up and like hey we got a an animal an animal an animal abuse thing and I'm like, oh, ship about what like a pig?
Speaker 4: Do you have a pig?
Speaker 1: And having it here comes out, I'm like you should get in the house right now. You just get the house before he gets you. The things starts like come at. I was like, I get him in, save his damn life. And I closed the door and the dude's like, uh is this.
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 1: You do you abuse this pig? I'm like no, I feed him carrots. I put SBA fifty on. I'm like, this is my homie. We're just having a bit of a mutual difference right now that we have to work through. And he's like, is this is this the picture of the pig? And it's the pig the shoes, and you can see my shoes in the picture. I'm still wearing the same shoes right there, the red vans. And I'm like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: That's the pig.
Speaker 1: And he took them and now and I have no idea what happened to doctor Hammer the third.
Speaker 3: Social Services got away.
Speaker 2: My boy.
Speaker 1: I hated that pig though, Dude, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Have them four weeks. How big was he?
Speaker 1: Twenty five pounds?
Speaker 2: See this pig?
Speaker 1: Now you were gone after that because you didn't red shirt. So it was like my senior senior year.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah it makes sense. It's a crazy little deal. Taylor first came in, I did not know he's gonna be that fucking left tackle like he was. He like when we first came in, he was skinny as hell, looking like a great day. Thinking about it, I give I gave him credit because he was he was. He still had that like I'm a fucking bully. I bully guys too, And I remember you're going against Brendan grow Yeah, and I think you got on brend and grat nerves a little bit. Yeah, because we was on Scout Team A Scouts and was a thirteenth overall page.
Speaker 1: Motors. He waighed more than me my freshman year.
Speaker 2: I'm blocking him, yes, and I think you said something to him and that whole practice. Man, that motherfucker's coming after me myself all day. Dude.
Speaker 1: He goes hard, but he's nasty. He goes hard, but he talks like that, you know what I mean. But he talks about when he gets tired, he gets quiet league, he gets a little tired, he gets a little quiet, like I'll beg where you're at now.
Speaker 2: I'll get you man.
Speaker 1: In the middle of a game, reselling like that. It's hilarious, dude.
Speaker 2: But you you showed that day one though, like you had that dog like nobody you can't coach that. It's called it.
Speaker 1: Well, we just like it was kind of like we're all kind of there trying to like posture, like figure out who's going to be the dudes around here, Like you go in to the class. You're all boys with everybody, but at the same time, like you want to be the top guy. You know what I'm saying. I knew Dinar was like I mean halfway into the first practice, Like, that's the guy gotta hang out with. That's a guy gotta be around because jeh, he had the juice and he was a real deal leader too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a good leader. I just got to fucked around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Man, you got your role.
Speaker 1: You know I had my role, but I was trying to fit a whole different role by the end of it. By the end of it all, Man, are we running a Dave? We run a little low on time here.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: They let us walk out, Dave. What's that dude?
Speaker 1: I'm Taylor.
Speaker 2: What's your name? Are you ready to commit? We want to first commit.
Speaker 1: On Yeah, you guys what No, don't get You'll put him in a bad spot.
Speaker 2: I'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll be done in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: And I want to meet you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hang Is this your family? I'm Taylor, Nice to meet you. Well, okay, or one thing before we finish this thing up. I wanted to talk about your game against Nebraska that you had that nerve damage, because that's kind of when it all was towards the end, right, That's that's when the quarterback career was out the window.
Speaker 2: We earned our black shirts that game.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, really, yeah, head because Russell Bellamy, like it is.
Speaker 2: What it is. We won, however bad we won. It was his first game ever playing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I love rus That was a tough game.
Speaker 3: We ran team to come in on too, Like yeah, you know what I mean, Like, wasn't a blow up. I don't even know if the whole game was a blow it anyway up. I think it was like twenty eight to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good game. Y'all got lucky, y'all got look I got hurt.
Speaker 1: Got oh we got lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened the last time we played that was the year before the year before. What happened the year before?
Speaker 3: We got dunky?
Speaker 2: We came back, They.
Speaker 4: Like, what did I do?
Speaker 2: That game? Which game? The year before?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you murdered us. I'm not saying yo, whooped us? For real, I'm not saying you got lucky that game, Like y'all whooped this that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys like I stopped. I didn't play the rest of the game. It was in the third quarter. That was the third quarter, and the game was tight. No, it wasn't that tight, like seventeen thirteen or something like that. They never scored after I got out of the game.
Speaker 3: US US US earning our black shirts means we played insane defense.
Speaker 1: Like the quarterback draw wasn't working that game.
Speaker 2: What checked the game?
Speaker 4: That game?
Speaker 1: I love the banter right now.
Speaker 2: By the way, I love was this though. We we had a couple of plays that game that didn't go out with because like Roy called a deep deep deep ball and they called incomplete. But that was right before. That was right before, uh, right before.
Speaker 3: Just like this last game against Nebraska this past year, the balls had been blown dead before they ripped it on to the house.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, we're gonna make excuses play the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: So so for the third quarter, you have to row up on the guy that well, so he was healthy, y'all would have won.
Speaker 3: We're winning that game. We're winning that game. No, no, no, maybe, I mean they still have to play defense. They still gave up twenty some point. Yeah, defense wasn't great. We never had a good defense, never had a good defense.
Speaker 2: We were we were.
Speaker 3: Clicking that game defensively, and you were at Nebraska. We was at Michigan the year before y'all.
Speaker 2: Won those are first it was we walked into the Big ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all had because uh, we chrib each other back and forth because Taylor had like a block on.
Speaker 1: Me, which we we have fun with. No obviously over were running power and I have blocked him to the sidelines and will swung on Taylor like.
Speaker 3: The tackles being made, and Taylor still like going extra hard, like, you know, showing that he's still finished.
Speaker 1: The scouts trying to get that first rouet for sure.
Speaker 3: But that game, y'all had like two yards rushing two yards total rushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah stop, you know pulled up. We have boys that pulled it up.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm ready, hey, Yeah, Michigan versus Nebraska two tenty twelve, it was that Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Rushing before you guys gonna like it to know, I'm just like before you see those numbers. We got sacked so many times that goes against our rushing total. Got sacked so many times Russell got sacked like nine times that game. Okay, I got you block.
Speaker 2: Wow, forty six rushing yards? What are you talking about in the third quarter? More, that's one of two yards.
Speaker 1: Which little bit over one hundred sold?
Speaker 5: Can we run that part back? We said we had two yards total before two yards before on the game, myself.
Speaker 2: And I had nine carries.
Speaker 1: Problem, nine carries forty two? How many who played three quarters? Bro, he's a quarterback.
Speaker 2: He throws the ball to that's four point six ars a carry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're denied, Robinson. You're electric. You're you're you're over like ten yards like you were running.
Speaker 6: He's electric. Yeah, we won first of all? How many years did Martinez.
Speaker 1: Du seventeen every year?
Speaker 2: Every year?
Speaker 3: Let's look at a box scorer in the third quarter. We had five electric that game.
Speaker 1: Because we put that up on YouTube one day at the uh yeah, and they were just highlighting Will Leader.
Speaker 2: He's the lead of that guy.
Speaker 1: Hey Will was that?
Speaker 2: Don tell you what?
Speaker 5: Will had the crowd pretty pumped that the Nebraska game this year when he came back electric.
Speaker 2: It was starting out.
Speaker 3: It was the weirdest vibe too, because you guys are on the goal line and kept like basically scoring.
Speaker 1: But there there was a challenge flag they didn't score. I guess what do you gotta get it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that environment was hype, Yeah it was. It was his facts already going already, he said two years rush, I have forty six months ouf.
Speaker 1: Hang on though, my man was an All American running back. Listen, quarterback, I know what presence I'm sitting in right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying we earned our lectures that game, and we would have still won the game had you not gotten injured.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was a king in the fourth quarter. Comeback another day. We had seven fourth quarter comebackster.
Speaker 3: Year.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring this up left Indiana, we had Notre Dame. We always came back. It was never a game that we was out of. Yeah if it was.
Speaker 3: No, there's never a game you all weren't out of. We had seven fourth quarter comebacks my senior year that year that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: But you guys was not gonna beat us that Bowl game.
Speaker 6: Did y'all go to that year?
Speaker 1: Will Capital one?
Speaker 2: No? We went out there. Yeah, we'll play you out.
Speaker 1: That's what compot, that's the clown of thing. No, no, because Devin was the quarterback. Yeah, my fault, hey, my fault. Twenty three to nine. That was the score. Twenty three to nine was the score.
Speaker 2: I'll score right.
Speaker 3: And you had six carries for fifty five yards. Oh the way, no, no, no, my ten carries forty six. You were six for eleven for fifty five yards, zero t D, zero interceptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bet your five yards of past.
Speaker 2: He hadn't nerve damn as will third quarter? What was the score? Third quarter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nerved it hand. This is CAZy Bro game cast.
Speaker 2: Let me hit this game cast real quick. Don't worry. Boys.
Speaker 1: Hey, while we was doing that, you remember like we'd be in the middle of the games, everybody running zone Reid and I'd be like, hey, this guy, this guy, I can take them anytime you want.
Speaker 2: And You'd be like, all right, just take them. I'll run it. I'll just run it this time.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 3: The total score was, uh, it was sixteen. It was sixteen to nine in the third and we only scored one touchdown in the fourth.
Speaker 2: So think about this. It's sixteen to nine, four points.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about talking about I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: So who was pulling down by seven. That's what you're telling me my fault.
Speaker 1: Hey, the two yard thing was you You guys average two yards of rush? Yes, because belly titled a bunch and fits in run for very much at all. Yes, letting you know what it is. You'll hand.
Speaker 2: Understand.
Speaker 1: But Denard Robinson's usually got one eighty eight in the first half. I'm just saying, you guys have one eight in the first half.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know how many times I had that. Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 3: That's that's Derek Henry numbers and and y'all had the ball for more time possession than us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm just letting you know, we.
Speaker 4: Still win that game.
Speaker 2: Okay, you look at rust of Russell Bellamy Stacks.
Speaker 3: I guess he had three to he had three interceptions. I love had three interceptions.
Speaker 1: I guess. All I'm saying is because.
Speaker 2: I just told you if I was in the game, you think I'm throw it, Russ. I love you, Russ, Hey, I love you. You think I'm throwing three interceptions. No, I'm not saying that I would have a touchdown. I would throw in my mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. You said y'all got lucky that I got hurt. I'm saying we would have still beat you.
Speaker 9: We were already winning sixteen, sixteen to nine. Said holding you already, bro, we were holding you. Oh Jesus, you had one hundred tw yards of offense that game before Robinson has over two hundreds at that point.
Speaker 2: Here, everybody think they holding Derek Hearing until the fourth quarter happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were fourth fourth quarter team?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Fourth quarter comebacks in the entire season, we came back seven times.
Speaker 2: We had thirty second eleven o'clock game. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: But day talk about that nebrask game, Lincoln, What are you talking about, dude? That was the most electric game we've ever had out another name game. I don't even women they scored, they scored. It was like three touchdown, three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: It was thirty seconds left on the clock, thirty on the twenty yard line to it. I said, we're gonna go down score. They left too much time on the clock. Boom and what we do.
Speaker 1: I watched I've watched college football, just like I watched college football.
Speaker 2: So that's that's what I'm.
Speaker 1: South side end zone, Roy roch Hey give me the ball.
Speaker 2: Let's go get that.
Speaker 5: Can I say something that's like completely gonna miss this whole vibe. Let's do it, Tree, my dog, I love you. He dropped that ball. What are you saying, Tree dropped that ball? That catch and Tree tap.
Speaker 2: You're saying the home the Michigan should have never happened.
Speaker 5: I mean my freshman year, I was one of the best nights of my life downtown in Arbor, so it should have happened.
Speaker 2: Rock but rocking that night.
Speaker 5: But if we go back, I know you guys are get Sunday and that's always we can bring up the small film on this before we show it Tree and he catches it and hits the ground in the ball.
Speaker 6: It's like not even in his hands. The ball is rolling.
Speaker 2: First car. So we still have fifteen.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 6: I made Tree sit down and watch film and admit that he dropped that ball.
Speaker 2: Ship He actually, yeah, there, you didn't.
Speaker 6: Admit that that money did it? Jesus Christ?
Speaker 2: But we won.
Speaker 5: What she was saying that he said back then that was a catch. If it was today, it would have been incomplete. That was his That's what he said.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the college have changed you think they have?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Yeah, we got the men. They went home.
Speaker 1: Man Tito, he called his girlfriend on the way home. He's babe, Man, this happened.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 4: Man Cogend, the owner of.
Speaker 1: Talking about Brown. That's the man right there.
Speaker 2: That is the treated our first trophy. Yeah, got the bus bus trophy. Yeah, that's fair. Pay of respects, pay your respects.
Speaker 1: Yeah was that christ Lets you well real quick?
Speaker 2: The Dukes segment, right, you do minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, that's Wilde.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you appreciate. Bring who is it recruiting? Bring him over?
Speaker 1: New kid? Is this kid also?
Speaker 4: Want to make me do this?
Speaker 2: Sounds like kid?
Speaker 1: And I just want you to know to y'all you averaged three.
Speaker 2: Point four yards per past that game as well.
Speaker 6: What a nerve?
Speaker 1: Dam yo, that's crazy. Can twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Cantre. Yeah, that's a tough deal.
Speaker 1: Barstool hit your question, question shout out? I'm sorry from segment?
Speaker 2: Do can maybe shout out? You got all right?
Speaker 1: Actually, we'll do the we'll do the peeking. Yeah, before you go, are you are you doing cannon segment? Okay, this is the official scent of busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: It's outstanding.
Speaker 1: It comes in a very cool box.
Speaker 2: And I'm not bullshitting. Put your finger, put your finger.
Speaker 1: You put your finger in this and he'll smell that. Put your finger in this.
Speaker 6: We give you a little more fingers.
Speaker 1: Tell me how smells and let me know if you trust me or not. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Exactly what do you do with it?
Speaker 1: Cologne? Where you guys send the whole box of this stuff?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does just a different.
Speaker 1: I just got the box two days ago, and yes, I'm in it all day.
Speaker 2: I told Taylor, I go.
Speaker 3: If you sent me in the shower? Yeah, I called him. I said, I'm not shooting you. This is gonna be my official scent from here on out.
Speaker 2: So you'll do peak in THEO.
Speaker 1: So here's that's our question. When you in the league in college, you ever peaked?
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, it happens like you Blake You're running back, acts like he's never seen one of his lights.
Speaker 1: He's he's already too short, bro.
Speaker 2: He's think about it being next to you short. But like I said, think about it, you're just sitting in You're sitting, You're sitting down at the locker.
Speaker 5: I mean especially as the freshman when like tailoring them playing, they made the freshman shower in one corner with like two showers.
Speaker 1: It was like comes out. I didn't even know I did that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just I mean, it wasn't just Taylor that was that was it was.
Speaker 5: It was traditional show people that you know, would make sure that the tradition stayed in line, like Taylor, Yeah, you know did you either?
Speaker 3: You guys ever get like initiated, not like initiated, but like that fun little band thus like everybody.
Speaker 1: And I got thrown in the pond and the pond that one time he got thrown in the dirty laundry hamper.
Speaker 2: Put you in the shower.
Speaker 1: They oh back on taping was yeah, taping was around. That has a bit of a deal.
Speaker 2: Now I know you guys take to college. Yeah we take.
Speaker 6: Yes, they make the freshman jump in the pond and get dirty with this like.
Speaker 1: Maybe the last workout of the summer, yes, before we go summer break.
Speaker 2: And so like they did me dirty. I didn't know what he was doing. So but that was all the sceniors like stood around because the knew the couldn't catch me. I didn't know why they were sitting brown and so I was like, were walking to the walk into the golf golf course or whatever. Yeah, And I was like, what's up. They're like, yeah, that's good man. I'm just looking at like all around me right now, what's going on? And so it was like, yeah, you're getting in the pond today. I was like, So I just laughed like everyone to talk. Was like you can't catch me? Yeah, and I took off. So it's like they was chasing me all day. I was like, no not. So I was like, fucking I just I just do it there because if I didn't, they was gonna try to catch me in the locker room.
Speaker 6: So I was like, go ahead it yourself doing a good sport.
Speaker 1: Some guys wouldn't do it though. You have to throw them in yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, I myself smelling my finger on accident.
Speaker 1: Yoard.
Speaker 5: What's it like are you with recruiting? Like, what do you guys both do with Michigan. I'm director, player development, director, player.
Speaker 2: Development director, player of personnel.
Speaker 3: What is it like coming back to your alma mater and being like, you know, you guys have a direct impact now on the culture of Michigan.
Speaker 2: Where you guys played.
Speaker 6: It's dope.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think when you're a player, you don't never really when you playing here, you never really think about that when I'm gonna be walking you know, the halls upstairs, Like when you're a player, you don't even think about all the other roles that uh that goes onto the to the team.
Speaker 3: But you joke on those dudes, Yeah, you like joke on the not saying that they joke on you. But I'm saying, like, you know, when you're a player, you like joke on the dudes playing.
Speaker 1: What's up? I'm saying, he' saying they joke on probably y'all because you guys played.
Speaker 2: Like like you got to do stuff that you didn't do as a player, you know what I'm saying. So, so you hosted it, you gotta you gotta make sure that everybody's happy, the family is happy, and uh, you gotta really show him that what University of Michigan is about, like it's really no university really better than University of Michigan. And being honest, honestly saying it's like from the alumni, from the school, from the big house, from all the sports, like you go, you never gonna get to somewhere else. Like from the time I was here, the basic the baseball team made it, made it far. The basketball team made it to the National championship game, you know, like the softball team was always good.
Speaker 1: Softball team was always killing, always good.
Speaker 2: We want a sugar Bowl here, you know what I'm saying. We turned the program around while I was here, back around, I don't wanna say around, but we turned the program back.
Speaker 1: We had one good year. Yeah, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: We had turned five and seven for a freshman.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, that was tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys are very notable. Obviously you played a big role in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was it was it was My mom loved him for just being a.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's a stutter. He was the first round pick. But I'm just saying, like the Nard Robinson, like the whole shoes and type thing, litl Wayne was hot back then.
Speaker 4: You had all the.
Speaker 2: I'm the man, you know what I mean. Definitely, that's that'sinite. Definitely, But like this university basically made me that man because he was on TV every week. You know, so ESPN coming in all the time and talking to us. They want to be around, they want to they want to talk to me. Were walking through campus, you know what I'm saying, So like the stuff that University of Michigan brought for me, And I was like, man, like I never thought i'd be doing this. You know I'm saying from Diffield, Like you don't never you never heard of Different Beach, And like I always tell people, like I'm from Different Beach. You can make out anywhere. If you from wherever you' from, you can make it out anywhere. So like I never thought I'd be at University of Michigan. I thought I was gonna be at f AU. Like I'm playing ball there, you know what I'm saying. But like I got here and took off, you know, thanks to my own line. The boys yea, like yeah, like Schootfield his favorite, his favorite one, Ricky Barnham, that's my guy. Shoutout Ricky Barnham. He he was my translator for the for the line. So like he's the only that can understand me and talk to these guys. So like sometimes like and you said, have to tell gods the places because they couldn't understand what I was saying.
Speaker 3: So like.
Speaker 2: It's funny that like all that stuff happened, and now look what I'm at right now. Like when I first came out, people couldn't understand what I was saying, Like I literally took a class just to learn how to annunciate. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: Quentin Washington, Quinn Washington had like this one guy we played with, he came in with us, also had a massive stutter, could not talk. And then he gave a speech his senior year, excepting his em ring and he spoke beautifully. Yes, like you met him, and he couldn't get a sentence out. Nebraska's Nebraska's dope. Man.
Speaker 3: The way you speak about Michigan is like the same way I feel about Nebraska. It's it's all the things that you talk about, like alumni facilities, all that stuff. You get, all the bills whistles, But the people in Nebraska, I feel like, to me, in my opinion, is what it is.
Speaker 2: Just stick there.
Speaker 3: The Taylor was there last week and it's like, you know, the same way everybody's treating me here. He's a very home environment. Everybody feels well, you know that's true.
Speaker 6: If you can again, no question about, no question about every offer on the table.
Speaker 1: Every offer on the table, but playing yeah, Michigan offered, did you visit?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I forget who the linebacker coach was at the time. You had the old guy white hair. I can't remember. I can't remember who the.
Speaker 2: Coach was time. No, that had to be. No, well that was before us.
Speaker 1: I never cared.
Speaker 2: I never came out to visit because if you came to the Big House, like literally my my official visit. We went in the Big House. I told the coach. I told Richard, I say, I want to be snowing because I've never seen storing my life before. So I was like I wanted to be snowing. And we came up fish visit. We had a snowball fight in the Big House. Oh that's dope. You can't beat that. Like, what what school's going to be in the big houses? The Big House, I mean you've been inside that before. You know how that place is, you know, so like it's no bigger there's no bigger state in in in the in the United States, like the Big House.
Speaker 1: I feel like it gets I feel like it gets louder at Nebraska. Yeah, it does, it does.
Speaker 2: But the night game, the first night game.
Speaker 3: But you guys again like we're comparing, like I say, a lead programs. I know we've been struggling over the years past, but as far as like program with the universal tradition, what people put into the program, Like for me, it was more like playing for Bo Polini staff and playing for those coaches. Hindsight, you want to look at a school and you know, be at a school, look at their academics and everything else. But I very much I would still make the same decision because I feel like Coach bow and those guys, like I loved my experience.
Speaker 1: He's a man, bro. How'd you get to know Bo? Was that like the Big ten media days?
Speaker 2: Media days? He kind of recruited me a little bit. Oh for real, this is Bo was fucking awesome. Mano was fucking awesome. And my dad loved Nebraska. He loved you know, Nebraska because the quarterbacks, you know, they used to always run options.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, unicate and Unbraska, we're probably winning a Natty Come on and years the count come on now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did so.
Speaker 3: Randy Gregory the year with two when we when we went to there were I want to say, out of the five years I was there, we were like ten and.
Speaker 2: Two going into the championship game.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, we lost the Big twelve championship twice back when Sue almost won the Heisman single handedly. Didn't really have a quarterback then, exactly, Hey, I love you, brother, but we we scored like seven points that game. Jesus Sue had like five sacks. Then we played uh Oklahoma. The year after that, we stopped running Rexburg head Taylor threw or h Yeah, Taylor threw a couple of picks and uh. Then the freaking Big Ten championship game, we just got dumbied by God damn Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: There's probably nothing we would have been able to do that because defensively we were garbage. But I'm just saying I felt like, you know, you're like your quarterback. I say that weirdly because Taylor was like a Heisman candidate and everything else.
Speaker 2: Uh, but we had good teams, brofinite. Yeah, I hate it playing.
Speaker 3: Yes, that game where y'all ran us out of the whole city, Lavonte had twenty.
Speaker 2: He was the only one who could hang his hat on something. So you want to tell you why I played that that way that first time I played against y'all. It was because of Lavonta David. He played me in high school.
Speaker 3: Oh for real ship because he played at Miami Northwestern. That that's like the prominent Miami school.
Speaker 2: So so like he beat me, he beat me. He he probably got the worst football story I can ever tell because it was supposed to go to the state championship play against Northwestern. They beat us. It was a minute and thirty seconds that they wanted to win the game. To win the game, like Sewan Spence, So Benjamin, they had they had. They had Sean Spence, they had Levante David, Travis Benjamin, you know they had. They had uh Thomas Streeter, they had Darris Johnson, they had uh Kevia Tompkins. Kena Talks went to US. I think he went the University of Cincinnati. So they had like they had. They probably was the D one college. It was the D one college. Legitate, Like the whole team was like did they have a documentary on that school? Yes, the whole the whole team was like going. Everybody went to Miami. They had Levon went to I think he up going to like a Juco first and then went to Nebraska and then like those dudes already ready they was they was ready, like we played them literally the only we don't I don't have three D one dudes on my team. Oh damn. And we took them to we should have won the game. So like that, that that ate me up. Like that that drove me to be like, Okay, I'm gonna be the best player. So that game we played against I was like, we're playing a guy with a north Western.
Speaker 1: You like playing Levanta, You're playing Miami Northwestern.
Speaker 2: I was Western that game. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I have no idea about that.
Speaker 2: I'll never tell people that story because like that's that was a heartbreak because that was the game that was to state. Whoever won that game was gonna win the state championship, and they beat us. It was the last game in the Orange Bowl. So like that was like I was like, so like when I should le David Hand after that game, I was like, yeah, this is this a north Western game. He probably don't remember that, but I remember saying that. So I was like, that's a Northwestern game.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That's literally literally I had to beat you just because of that reason. Yea, y y'all didn't work in that game. For sure. It's been fun, man, ask this question. I want to ask you this question, who was the best d N you blocked while you was in college.
Speaker 1: Because we had some guys like Michigan Frank Clark played against. Yeah, Frank Clark the best. I don't know because my my retro freshman year was Cameron Hayward, your boy Carrigan uh J j Y, who was.
Speaker 6: The d N from Michigan State that slapped Taylor.
Speaker 2: We still got beef with you, man. I broke his bitch ass off the next year though.
Speaker 6: He will no bullshit.
Speaker 5: Taylor trained the whole summer with a picture will ghost and every time I remember that game was.
Speaker 2: A streamlock on my phone. I knew his mom's name.
Speaker 5: Yes, did you get a personal penalty to first play the game? Yeah, Taylor said. I remember Taylor saying that whole week, like I'm just letting you know we're starting off like first and whatever. It was first and first.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna jump out sides and I'm gonna knock his head off. Yeah, and that's that's gonna be. That's gonna set the tone of the game. But he tried to break your head. They try to like trying to do some dirty ship when we're there.
Speaker 1: We and we we didn't win that game by a lot.
Speaker 2: Because it was like a defensive game.
Speaker 5: It was like not like but I never seen Taylor so focused on like a person for a whole year straight.
Speaker 2: I focused on the different I'll tell the story after we get off the camera. I'll tell you what I did. But yeah, will golfing. It was like revenge tour the whole, the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just like the lock Street on my phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's a tough look he.
Speaker 2: Put well the whole week.
Speaker 1: They're because they knew I get a lot of penalties. You can't over rereact. They're gonna do something, don't over react. The whole time my head, I'm like if I if they do anything, I can't react. And he fucking punched me, and I was like, first off, hurt like a mother friend so bad. I turn around.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Fucking kill this guy. I'm going to fucking kill this man.
Speaker 2: Whatever they showed us up, they'd beat the ass to second their little kid came in. They was they was more aggressive than we was that game, you know, all the way around, like they literally was doing everything nasty like they was taking pills and didn't get didn't get too ship like the coach. It seemed like the coach said okay, he said, like just go play however you want to play anything after would just do it like we're going. We never we never won a Michigan state.
Speaker 1: No, they were that same was loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, props to them for sure.
Speaker 5: Last question, I got to tell you. I always want to ask you what happened with you and Richard Sherman that time?
Speaker 1: Oh with that Marcus, Oh no, that's your boy, Richard rich Yeah, so we were we were in it was like Christmas, is like the day before Christmas, and we're playing the Redskins, not known as the Commander's shout out the Commies, Shout out the the Commies.
Speaker 2: And it's four minutes. We're winning the game.
Speaker 1: And Derek, we run left. Smart moved and we run left. Derek. It's like four yards and josh Oma charge to Gator roll his leg. So I get I got get in his face. Derek's my fucking dude. I love Derek so much. I get in his face and he starts mouthing off to me or whatever. So after the game. He's like on the sidelines like this kind of just like real upset and Josh and looks out of me, get the fuck off my field, and would you say? And I go to do it again and he fucking throws the hell at me and I put up one more time and he smacks.
Speaker 5: If the definition of tin tos was in the dictionary, it would be you standing there continuously.
Speaker 1: That was just selling, right. That was just like his go to move when you pull out the boy.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to hear what.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 1: Wilson is a nice guy. He is nice dude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he did the peakup. Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: Taylor had gotten suspended because after that happened with the Taylor and the bow and arrow thing, we had a guy who runs a uh it's called hang ten Merchandise, and he sent Josh Norman a shirt that says Taylor Wan is my dad. But Josh probably thought like Taylor sent him that thing. So whenever Taylor got suspended, Josh figured tried to find out, had his assistant reach out and try to figure out, Hey, what what is Taylor Wan's address?
Speaker 2: Who sent this shirt?
Speaker 3: Tried to get the address, and obviously Ryan's like, you know, I didn't say anything, and I kind of hung up or whatever.
Speaker 1: And so Ryan owns Tan the guy who owns Yeah, my fault.
Speaker 3: And so Josh figures out the return address and sends like an empty peak cup in the mails to Ryan's address, like, all right, he'll get the message and I'm sure he'll pass it along. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 2: You know, I wanted to start like a fake beef when I was at Jacksonville, was playing with Tennessee. I want to start a fake beef with you. Yeah, there was no way else was gonna happen. There was no chan I would have a fake beef so bad.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I probably could havesed on defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably no, But like, if you was there partly, I started with you.
Speaker 1: A fake beef.
Speaker 2: You're white.
Speaker 1: Probably he was a long back.
Speaker 2: I was running back. I had a fake beef with him. Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it would have been a good fake beef the way we got a little, the way we had a good banter earlier.
Speaker 2: It been a good fake beef that had been fun for you guys. So do you have a fake beaf with someone in the elite right now?
Speaker 1: I guess Jalen would be my fake beef now because I funk with Jalen?
Speaker 2: What would he be your fake beef then?
Speaker 1: Because we used to really beef and now, oh that's right, he's our boy now. Well, he hit me up the other day to go to the like the premiere Batman. He had like a private screen. I can't believe you didn't go.
Speaker 2: I know I had to put the kids asleep. Why did you bring the kids? Because my kids are going to go.
Speaker 1: Seet Batman when they're four to Darkman. No, no, no, no, my daughter is scared of trolls. Dude, I'm not putting her to see Batman a scary ass voice, the Joker running out of nowhere?
Speaker 6: You will heard you have a baby on the way coming in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, days away?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: Are you ready right now? Man? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But I don't feel like it's one of those things you're prepared for until you got to go through it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right, it's gonna be So what kind of car you driving with the Chevy Silverado, no questions vehicle?
Speaker 1: If you're have a baby in the back of your car, you need it has to be a Chevy. Yeah, it's a way to get done, the most advanced depending on the vehicle in the market and the multi flex tailgate they have now, oh it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Goes nuts man six configurations. We won't get into that, but just look into it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard about.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys. Man, it was awesome, awesome,