Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like that, Busting with the boys, hanging with the faces, betting on the game.
Speaker 3: No woman's gonna tell us what you can not be.
Speaker 1: We're here.
Speaker 2: Just drinking beer and making nine over.
Speaker 4: Baby, I'm hanging.
Speaker 2: With the Fellers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: Rolling.
Speaker 3: Let's cut it and roll, babies, Let's cut it and roll.
Speaker 7: Nice gentleman.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the episode of Busting with the Boys. This is episode to ninety. Alright, alright, we have a great podcast for you today. But before we do, if you're joining us for Sam Mourel, if you've seen a couple of clips before, it's important for you to know that we do a lot of digging on our numbers. We do a lot of luky lose on a couple of things. When it comes to sub kpi KPI, If I knew what that acronem meant, I would join in, But I don't, so I'm gonna keep acting tough until I can totally figure it out. There are people who are subscribed to this podcast, and there are people that are not subscribed to this podcast. Now, the numbers you're thinking, it's probably ten percent. It's probably ten percent of people that are not subscribed watching the views.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's over ten percent.
Speaker 3: It's actually sometimes even over fifty percent, but we'll just say, we'll just say, what's sixty percent? Sixty sixty percent of people who watch this show are not subscribed. And listen, I'm not a bigger, don't. I'm not sitting on the corner with my panhandling for you, saying asking for change. But if you could just do me one favor and just click the button that says subscribe and it goes from subscribe banks up and says subscribed, you'd be doing us a big solid.
Speaker 4: You be gonna have You don't even have to hit the bell to get notifications. We love for you too, Yeah you don't, but we just want you to subscribe. We're gonna take it a step at a time with you folks. All right, We're not gonna put you in bed right away, but let's start with a couple of drinks, a couple of icebreakers. Hey, how are you, how's your mother? How old are you? And your parents got divorced? Those types of things. We just want to read you a book. And when we say we love you, we want you to say it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all we want. That's all we want, because at the end of the day, all we want in life is a little bit of love and you can help that process by just pressing the subscribe button. And now that you've possibly pressed a subscribe button, you've taken a moment of your time. Let me tell you about the greatest vehicle ever made in the entire world, and that is the Chevy Silverrado, presented by our good friends. Guess what at Chevy. There's a reason we've never done a tier talk for the best trucks, and that's because for busting with the boys, there's only one pickup truck, and that's the Chevy Silverado. Why is that, you ask, It's because Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using a Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado was a partner with us and a spring tour, and they are going to be on the Fall tour, which will tell you much more about right when I'm done with this sad. Silverado brings brings the grit to legendary grit paired with a modern truck tech inside and out. Massive screens, up to eight cameras eight eight of them many different views, yet fourteen of those, Willy, I'm glad you asked to help making driving, towing, and parking all easier. Four different power training choices. That's variety, and in this world we all just want a little bit of variety.
Speaker 4: We don't want to variety as a spice of life.
Speaker 3: I love that. There's a reason why Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years, according to JD Power, which I'm pretty sure that the top dog in that cadgy top top dog. So head over to Chevy dot com and build drove Silverado and check out all the current offers on Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck, the Chevy Silverado. Chevrolet received the highest quality number of awards compared to all other brands and the JD Power twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US initial quality studies. Visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards for more details. Ards based on twenty twenty two through twenty four models.
Speaker 4: Now now next week, I'm gonna hold my breath the entire time you do that, Ed Read, I.
Speaker 3: Was kind of ripping.
Speaker 4: Huh you were.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it was? It was the juice that Sherm gave me right before we can I just get a touch of that song real quick. We don't play it over ten seconds, don't played over ten s, but just let me get the let me just get something out of it.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's juiced up. Football's back this week. All right, football's back because preseason. But we got Florida State, Georgia Tech. We got actual football happening.
Speaker 3: Days four days when you're watching.
Speaker 4: If you're here for Sam Marril, we love to obviously banter talk about our lives. We got a few things on the docket before we get to the Sam Morel episode, which JP are Uh, Mitch and SHRM do an incredible job with the time stamps. Time stamp you were here last week for rich Isien's episode, they were abysmal. But however, they will have the time Sam right for this episode. So if you want to jump ahead, go ahead and do that. You're free to do so. But the boys will be talking about number one. You said it in the in the add read our fall tour. We have our schedule. Jack's judgment, Jack's judge, Jackson, or yeah, his audit for him getting a Chevy Silverado. The comments are going nuts. Everybody's screaming at the top of the lugs, at the top of their lungs. Were is Jack Chevy Silverado? We will get to that. The boys are going to Camp Barstool this week. We're gonna talk some football, We're gonna talk some preseason and have a good time, and then we'll get into the same mareal.
Speaker 7: So, where do we start?
Speaker 4: Let us do Let's just say what our fall tour schedule is.
Speaker 3: Let's get it out of the way. August thirty, first.
Speaker 4: Notre Dame at Texas A and M.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 4: All right again, just a reminder, I didn't say this in the episode, but we will be at the A and M game versus Notre Dame, and we will be out outside tailgating with the Twisted Tea Tailgate. That'll be from three to six pm. Game kickoff is at six point thirty. We'll be at the Twisted Tea tailgate from three to six pm outside of Kyle Field find The boys will be on socials. Letting you guys know where we're at follow along at busting WTB, but sit three to six. We will be at the Twisted T tailgate for the Notre Dame at A and M game.
Speaker 3: Now, how do they outdo themselves? The next week, September seventh, we got a big doubleheader. We are flying to ann Arbor, Michigan from Michigan versus Texas, and then we're gonna hop on the old bird, as we'll complex say it, head over to Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, where the boys are taking on Dilon Sanders in the Colorado buff Lows.
Speaker 1: The following week.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no bye week.
Speaker 4: Not following week sometime in October, Ohio State in Oregon.
Speaker 3: Also small, not part of the Wild Tour, but just a part of my life. September fourteenth, you have it feel.
Speaker 4: Hey, just if you're new here, this is not us all the time. But if you enjoy it, sound off in the comments. Sounds if you like it, say it. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Drop a capslock football with exclamation points all over the the actual comments, not the live chat, the actual comments and life chats.
Speaker 3: Now there is one more game.
Speaker 4: Let me get a drum wall.
Speaker 3: To be determined.
Speaker 7: Alabama, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, boys, this is is it?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: This is it? Yeah? That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it because last week there was a possibility there would be a TVD. Obviously, don't listen to the TVD.
Speaker 4: That people understand is baby number two comes mid November.
Speaker 7: So dude, date is November fourteen. Flight football.
Speaker 4: Women's all right, we will go, uh Taylor, the boy might be going to the game Michigan, Ohill State, that's DVD. What thank you for staying with us. We're riding high man. Football's here, dude, fuck it. Just hey, let's take five. Let's take five. Let's have a time out. Let's have a time out. We'll just take five. We'll just take five. Sorry about those technical difficulties. We are back with BWTB too. Sorry for getting a little over the top right there. The boys get really excited about football being back for easy. The mic was broken in Taylor's chair. So we're gonna have a long week ahead of us. Let's talk preseason football.
Speaker 3: Let's talks in football.
Speaker 4: Hey, bow knicks look good? Did he bow knicks look good? I know it was a tough weekend. We had JP's wedding, which we will. We'll get into a little bit. We'll get into a little bit because we got away for the boy to get back right now, he's probably on his third nut, fourth nut.
Speaker 3: Who knows multiple nuts?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Multiple?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Relaxed about it, but the few and a lot of it was highlights too. But everybody's raving about bow knicks. Broncos look a little tough. Broncos looked tough. And also let's just talk about maybe let's just talk about the AFC West in general. Gardner Minshew named the starting quarterback for the Raiders beat out is it O'Connell? O'Connell, You saw Peyton Manning break down at the Fanatics show, justin Herbert being like a top five quarterback in his mind. That also you got Patrick Mahomes. He hit a little behind the back pass on like short yardage play, looked very craft and.
Speaker 3: The words of Adam Sandler and the longest yards and backyard bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some backyard bullshit, but it paid off. And honestly, it's an innovative play.
Speaker 3: It's it's an innovative play, and it's funny how those things work. Because Patrick Mahomes as a sideline interview saying Travis Kelcey runs the wrong route, didn't do it correctly. Travis Kelcey then flips a script on him and says, I don't know what past's talking about. That was the game plan right there. So the tale of two stories, right, there's always three sides of every story. Your side there side in the truth, yes, which is always fun.
Speaker 4: Well, what makes that when Deadly's they got a little zone read into an r P O and the two pass options. Obviously you got the receiver, but Travis being the little behind the back, Like, if they can do that consistently, that is maybe the toughest play to stop on shortyardst.
Speaker 3: Some might say they're a good they're a good ball club.
Speaker 4: They're a good club that can possibly let's not get.
Speaker 3: Because AFC West units. Yeah, I think the only conference may be stronger is the AFC South. I agreed, They're definitely not. It's definitely not. And for those of you joining us who are true football fans that are like, I'm turning this off because it's nonage.
Speaker 4: The Boystown keeping j justas was a joke. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: AFC West is probably.
Speaker 4: Those dogs nuts NFC West. In my opinion. I think you got the Rams. They'll be nice.
Speaker 3: Nice Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knows what Arizona. They're kind of a toss up. But I think like three teams will be competing in the NFC West, between the Niners, Seahawks, and the Rams.
Speaker 3: See, I don't I'm not as high on the Seahawks. I'm not as high on the Seahaws. I don't know. If you saw mug shots come out the uh everyone's little little face shots they get every single year for the pamphlet. But Gino Smith looks like he's gone through hell this offseason.
Speaker 4: Well he's still he's still not writing back, he's not stressful, he's not riding back.
Speaker 3: But I just look at into visual from twenty twenty three now to twenty twenty four, and I see his face just looks like something happened, Something happened to our boy in the off season. He might write a book on it later, but you need to look at those two photos, put him side by the side and tell me I'm wrong, because it is a scary deal.
Speaker 4: McDonald being the head coach. Defensively, he's like they call him like the Sean McVay on defense, Seattle'll be tough on defense. The reason I like him too on offensive GINO is Jake Pets shout out Nebraska. Jake Peats is a passing game coordinator paired with their OC. He's coming from the college level. I think he was the head coach maybe for somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Boston College BC. But the pass college do hang on passing game. Jake Pets is the passing game coordinator who came from LA. So he's part of the mcveay, the Shanahan, that entire web. Yeah, the Tree, Lafleur, all those boys. And then you got this offensive coordinator who came from is it? Is it? Boston College? Charem. I think that's just type in Seahawks offensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: If you were to tell me that the Seahawks offensive coordinator came from BC, BC's a run heavy like high school ball club when it comes to their play calling.
Speaker 4: Apparently he's crafty and I the uh the talk of him is he hasn't been institutionalized like in the NFL. He doesn't have NFL exper and that's why you bring in a passing game coordinator from from the Tree, the MiG Big Tree, right, to kind of pair because you're not like again like brainwashing and thinking you have to do some some of the copycat things, like some of the things that happen and take place in the NFL, because obviously the hashes are more narrow. Was it? Boston College?
Speaker 6: Washington?
Speaker 3: Washington makes way more makes way more my fault now, No disrespectful Boske.
Speaker 4: Keiley, Ryan Grubb, Yes, but apparently he's he's got some ship too.
Speaker 3: Grubbin's racing preseasons exciting. It's an exciting time. The most exciting clip for me on the weekend. Quarterback plays great. Behind the backs are great, but something about seeing a three hundred pound plus boy turn around hawking down running backs who are supposed to be in that four four four five category puts the Jets on in a preseason game, I believe it was the third quarter, Like you're not going to start. If you're playing in a third quarter, you're trying to make a team, you're trying to get after, You're trying to make sure that the boys don't listen. I'm here to play, I'm here to put in the effort so you can count on me on those Sundays when every reports that boy coming out there.
Speaker 4: Like that, what wolves do we know it? Do we got his name?
Speaker 3: I don't think he has a name. I think he just goes by the Spaniard. It's one of those He's.
Speaker 4: The cat that you pull up that everybody's watching on film and they say, this is how you fucking make the team.
Speaker 3: Exactly number ninety four. Dude, don't even say his name.
Speaker 4: We got to give him some love. He's an under want to have.
Speaker 3: Like the spectacle about like, who is this guy? I know? I know obviously the names in the back of his jersey. Obviously obviously he's been playing football for a long time and people know who he is. But this is not that kind of podcast, And I want to just add a little bit.
Speaker 4: The screen's not on screen's not on a little too too much excitement at the top of the episode of Elijah Chapman rookie rookie.
Speaker 3: From Wow is coming back after the death penalty?
Speaker 4: Huh toning up? Hey, s m U Are they in the a.
Speaker 1: CEC Now they are?
Speaker 4: You're you're a college football guy in kind of the big twelve world ACC.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 9: For the ACC apparently it's going to be shutting down pretty soon here.
Speaker 4: Sim you made a big boy move, but it's going they.
Speaker 1: But at what costs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And and they also paid their own way into the ACC. They are not receiving a single dollar from the conference for I believe the next three years.
Speaker 4: Wow, they believed in the move.
Speaker 9: Still doing nothing until Florida State and Clemson jump ship to the Big Twelve.
Speaker 4: Now, CBD, I'm.
Speaker 3: Playing a little catch up here on the a SEC and the removing of all the groups. That's my phone going off. Is it true? Stanford is now in the a CC. Yeah, cal Cal is also in the a CC. That did make a whole lot of sense, right, Atlantic Coast Conference, Atlantic Coastal.
Speaker 9: Conference, American Coasts Conference.
Speaker 3: That plays better.
Speaker 4: I think it sucks for Stanford and count It's similar like you got Oregon, Washington USC in the Big Ten. Like having to travel to their away games. I feel like it's always.
Speaker 3: But the only place you run into that issue is like a Rutgers in a Maryland is when you're having those away games in the Big Ten. But if you're Stanford, all your away games are going to be on the East Coast. You know, it's essentially like Hawaii. We see Hawaii they play like, you know, all their games, they have to travel eight hours just to come over to the mainland to figure stuff out.
Speaker 4: But think about how much like going to the coast affects guys in the NFL. It's not like says, let's just say it's marginal. Imagine it now being like eighteen to twenty two year olds. So traveling, I did far.
Speaker 3: I did see a stat and once again, like my my information on these stats are always.
Speaker 4: Taken with grand AsSalt, taken with a grain of salt, like.
Speaker 3: Don't take what I saying, like this is the word of the law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Teams from the West Coast that played on the East Coast in the last few years on a seven PM game like statistically win like seventy five percent of time because it's like a tired thing. It's a tired thing, and for whatever reason, the Pacific Coast the team traveling, traveling wins a good set and it might be a completely wrong stay because the more I'm saying it, the more I'm like, that doesn't make sense. It's kind of like Boston College.
Speaker 4: But I'm putting that in the brain as like, oh, this could be a this could be an edge in gambling this year. Oh, this could be an edge.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about you. Will. You're always thinking about the future, baby going to make He's never present, he's always thinking about what's next.
Speaker 9: But we're also talking about we're talking about Callen Stanford. Are we thinking cows going to go fly down.
Speaker 4: To Miami and beat Miami? No?
Speaker 3: No, let me, let me take care of that.
Speaker 4: That's actually my silent. That's my phone. Again. That's a good that's a that's a good boy move right there. When somebody's phone goes off in like a team meeting, company meeting, everyone immediately should start saying, oh, that's my phone. Everybody's kind of checking to save whoever's phone's really going off. That's just a little tip.
Speaker 3: I love. I love in the team meetings that somebody's phone goes off and all the boys start coughing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always good. That's another that's another tip to add to just start coughing.
Speaker 3: Right, just start coughing. This is I I want to say something. This is the first time I've sat in this chair. I feel so bad for our guests. This is so uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: I just feel like this the boy Mitch has been. He's been saying that we should get Oh god, did you just break another one? Yeah? Hey, we'll be right, We'll be right back. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, this is not intentional. I do apologize. This is one hundred percent on me, but that was not intentional.
Speaker 4: I'll be back. We're back, all right, Welcome back to Busting with the Boys. Sorry for those technical difficulties, Taylors now broken to microphones. This one works, though you're uncomfortable in that in that's all right on the couch.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta have a little discomfort when you've acted the way I've acted. Is the screen still off?
Speaker 4: Yeh? Screen still screen perfect? Are we able to get the screen back on?
Speaker 3: Listen, those of you joining us for the first time with Samuel, we swear to god, it's not usually this much of a shod show. Yeah, still a should show, but not this much. It's the boys, boys, it's just hanging out. We're just having a good time. We're having a good time with you guys.
Speaker 4: We're headed off to Camp Barstool this week.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be an amazing time.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Wis Canton?
Speaker 3: Wis Canton?
Speaker 4: Yeah? From our understanding. It's gonna be kind of set up like the movie Heavyweights, which phenomenal, and we'll be bunking up twin beds, no heat, no ac. Just can't grind me with the fellas.
Speaker 3: Who's going to be the Ben Stiller of Heavyweights at this camp?
Speaker 8: Who's going to be?
Speaker 4: Is WECo going? Yeah? Oh I hope So if Rico is going.
Speaker 3: Then I feel like he's going to Ben Still from Heavyweights.
Speaker 4: He just runs the whole show, right, you got to weigh in before, right when you get there, and then at the very.
Speaker 3: End, congratulations, you're the fastest kidding camp.
Speaker 4: We have like a you know, we rally all the boys at like three am to pass out candy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so Yeah. When there's like logs like meat sticks inside the logs, there's so many good quotes that come into that movie. Do it to I'm dogging it, Pat, I'm dogging it. When they're trying to get Uncle Tony to do some abs. Can't do can't do uh sit ups without with your eyes closed. He's like so many miss about the abdominal muscles. I'll be glad to put this one to rest.
Speaker 4: It's like so great. He gets on the intercom Lunch has been canceled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.
Speaker 3: It's just a great movie, great movie.
Speaker 4: Do what else? JP's wedding, JP's wedding for just a hell of a weekend. Sure you missed a great one, bro. I can't believe you didn't make it.
Speaker 1: We're still hurting. We're still hurting. I did.
Speaker 4: I did not make it. I was busy. Yeah you were busy? Yeah? Yeah? Did you get the invite? Got the invite? Was it a minute?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 4: Ah, hey, I know you're new here. I love more than when it was.
Speaker 9: Brought up by somebody else they said, hey, are you coming? It was loud enough that JP heard it. JP kind of sits up, waits to see my reaction, and then goes, hey, if you're not doing anything though, like we love for you and.
Speaker 4: Jill to come.
Speaker 9: Boll and being a guy that has gone through a wedding like y'all have, I know the stress of it. I'm not going to put a guy through that. I'm not gonna go crash it. You know they already have Is he doing steak? Is he doing chicken? Everything's bought paid for. These two randows come in now. We gotta grab chairs, we gotta grab extra food. I'm not doing that to the guy.
Speaker 3: He's actually I have a style set up. Yeah, it was above face style set up. He didn't tell me open seating too, which I think. I think when you put that on paper like this is a great idea. But there were some I think there was some wrinkles that we could watch the film on this wedding and be like, there's a couple of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a couple bones to pick.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, pick the bones. Well, I'm glad you're willing to pick bones, because I was really worried when I.
Speaker 4: Was saying, you know, we can we can wait till JP and rediscuss it next week when JP's back from his honeymoon. But yeah, I think what you were saying it sounds good on everybody standing and mingling and you just want everybody in the action together, but not having the assigned seating and the tables I think does more harm than good.
Speaker 3: For instance, hold on, do we want to talk about it right now?
Speaker 4: I'll just I'll glaze over it.
Speaker 3: Blaze dude, glaze away.
Speaker 4: When we were trying to sit and have our you know, after we were all over the place. Apps. The food was phenomenal finger foods, even at sushi.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We when we walked through is Me, Will and Charrow, we just immediately started finding the people holding the nice dishes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just get you a couple of those.
Speaker 3: By the third time, guys like you can just have one, but you'd always hit him with the oh what is this? And it's like you list, we all know each other now.
Speaker 4: And Taylor tries to char and I. We sit down at this table again open seating, and there's not very many tables, so you kind of got the standing tables. You got a few sitting tables. Taylor tries to come sit by us, and Lady's like, oh, hey, that's our Taylor just gets up and I kind of don't know what to say, and I'm thinking in my head, like did I take somebody's seat? It seems like there's an entire group here. When I get up to go get my water, somebody does infiltrate my seat. So it's just sometimes people like being told what to do and where to go. And also with the speeches, there's only a group that was close that could hear Sittin's dad talk and give his speech. Everybody's talking. Yeah, you got everybody talking to the back. We couldn't get I just you need a sign seating and we'll go over that a little bit more with JP when he gets here.
Speaker 3: That was like the opposite of what glazing over something is.
Speaker 4: But yeah, a little bit heavy on your heart. It was when it was happening, I was like, I can't wait to talk about this on buzzing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were some things too I would like to talk about as well, but I'll wait.
Speaker 4: J was saying like, hey, please wait till I come back, because he wanted to say some things to shout out the boy JP for the pool party. Shout out the boy JP for the pull party. That worked out. I mean, I thought it was gonna be fun. Usually it's just hard to get something like that pulled off if you're the male wanting to do something fun with the boys. Usually the parents and everybody kind of shut stuff down and you gotta do some formal stuff. JP had this pool party. They had the little rehearsal dinner and then on the outside of the rehearsal dinner, massive pool local community pool had a little low diving board. Mitch Jack. They're doing gainers off of it, and it started to storm, heavy fucking rain, and it was incredible. It's like you go back to your youth and you think all the time, like, man, you want to have a pull party at nighttime. You want it to storm. But every time it storms, you like, hey, you gotta get out. There could be lightning coming. JP's dad, Paul, shout out the boy, Paul. He is a legend. He's standing on the edge trying to yell like, hey, fifteen minutes, lightning's gonna be coming in. We're gonna have to get out of the pool. Everybody's like, oh okay, Paul, and we just have a great time to risk. We're doing We're having a splash contest. People are doing tricks. We're trying to do a splash contest, and Jack's just trying to overperform and do all these flips and spins. It is like Jack, like dude, we got it fun Like Jack do a can opener bro.
Speaker 7: Relay races.
Speaker 8: Relay races were I mean, when you just get guys together with competition, when people are informal attire and people are just giving it, they're all and truly rooting their nights for the sake of a race.
Speaker 4: You can't beat that, and getting their hands on the one volleyball that's just being thrown around. Everybody's like it's like smear the queer dunking, hold them underwater.
Speaker 3: Great callback man.
Speaker 8: It rained for like an hour straight. Yeah, hard, and we didn't have one lightning strike. You know, you think that's going to ruin the wedding party, and all it did was enhance it. Just put it on a hundred.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll get JP's take on it next week for sure. However, I do feel like I earned some respect in the in the swimming category. Jack, you as well.
Speaker 8: I think we all did showing up for busting. I think we all did really well.
Speaker 4: I think us internally we all had kind of like, I wonder how fast this person can swim because Jack Jack is like, all, I'm like a fish in the water, and you kind of know he's good at pretty much everything, and so you're kind.
Speaker 3: Of got, hell, let's probably put a time out on that. Let's put a time out on that. Sailing. A lot of times on this bus, we don't dish out compliments like that to each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that was a big deal.
Speaker 8: To give his Instagram posted JP and then the one thing literally says you are not athletic, and the nicest post he's ever said to him like this, I had to.
Speaker 4: Do something to mitigate, Like I'm not sitting there trying to just live on my knees for JP the entire but I gotta say something.
Speaker 8: That was a really nice post. Comp and check it.
Speaker 4: Out Underscore three. But it was an awesome time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Jack, Yeah, there was a So we did two relay races and JP's like, well, you got to start it off because he started to JP photo finish apparently beat me, which is all I needed because the way he talks is like I thought you would have killed me. And uh, at the very end, you just did a two lap. What is it? How many meters?
Speaker 8: Was fifty fifty meters?
Speaker 4: So down and back there's four people, the four best. Jack was one of them against these other cats who actually swam I believe growing up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't realize that, like.
Speaker 4: On a team, and he fell apart in the last fifteen meters, but Jack was like Jack was competing really.
Speaker 8: And then for the next hour. I've never had worse heartburn in my entire life really, because I just eating some food and we were drinking beers and then you're like, you are these guys are moving and you don't want to just be the guy who's half assing it.
Speaker 4: And they're like, oh, you get any competition going in?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta put it all out there. And we're all sitting there for the next ten minutes after the race is over.
Speaker 4: Just like dude, I had a headache the rest of the night. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: It breaks my heart that I wasn't a part of that. I wish I could have been so bad. Now, did you talk to Jack about the thing we talked about at the wedding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I brought I brought it up, did you I brought it up. Taylor came up to me in the day of the wedding and saw that I.
Speaker 3: Kind of want to tell it because I feel like I don't know how you're gonna tell it.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say what I post.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I took a clip of the thunderstore of the storm happening with the pool cat catches the ball off the diving board, Like the scene is just perfect and it's a day you dream about again, Like as a kid getting to swim in those type of elements, and I post on on basically all my channels, don't go to my TikTok. That did not do very well, but best night of all time, just being hype, living in the moment. Next day at the wedding, Taylor comes up to me afterwards, it's like, hey, I saw your post. I think it was directed at me. I didn't like, hey, brother, you know.
Speaker 3: I said Jack and I were talking and I was like, I feel like that post was a little towards me because the conversation were in the last episode for the Tier ones.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 3: The boys were rising me saying I wasn't going to make it because I wasn't going to be able to make it, and oh us about how great the day was going to be. So but I think you were able to make it. It would have been a photo finish.
Speaker 4: It would have been a race.
Speaker 3: It would have been a photo finish. Come on, it would have been a photo finish.
Speaker 4: Could you have made it? Probably? I was tired. Man you landed. I thought you were surprising me because you landed around like one or one thirty at BNA flight takes off to Greenville, at three thirty. I thought Taylor is doing the old bait and switch the boys known for.
Speaker 3: A great surprise every time I do. I do enjoy spies.
Speaker 4: And so when I saw I had a miscall from my call and I'm like, hey, are you sitting at D two, He's like, oh, no, I'm driving home. I was like, oh, I thought for sure you were gonna get on this flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing that was difficult for me is my wife was in Canada with her grandfather, Grandpa Wynn, who is a point of will Compton and Grandpa whinn Is. He's you know life, right, you get older, you know, you start wanting more time with family. And he goes back home every single year to the east coast of Canada where he's from, and enjoys like fishing and being with his old friends and seeing his old stomping grounds. And he goes with my mother in law, Miss Tanna, who's a queen, and he kept giving hints to Tale and saying like, hey, I would be great if the kids came. You know what if the kids came in, be awesome. So Tailor is like, surprising them. I dropped them off Wednesday, but they get back at ten am Sunday. So with the direct flights and how that process worked, I never look at connecting flights and thinking I'm gonna get on that flight. I look at the directs. I think there was like the only direct was like ten o'clock and then a three fifty from that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from from from Nashville to it was, and then the flight back was like ten am, land at ten three.
Speaker 3: Right, So I was like, I won't be able to pick them up all that different stuff, and so I was like, oh, I'll just drive, I'll drive Saturday. So I landed from Arizona on Friday, slept, woke up in the morning, drove to the wedding, hung out at the wedding for four or five hours three.
Speaker 4: Including the ceremony.
Speaker 3: Four went there and supporting JP, and then drove home that night so I could pick up my girls in the morning. And now I get home around twelve forty five am, and I get a call from tailor at seven am saying flight's been canceled because the weather in Toronto. All these different things. Now, before we got in the bus, she was just telling me their flight got delayed again and then missed the connection. So she mightst have flight a West Coast Canaona. Now it's a big ordeal, but on the name of family. It was all in the name of family. Could I have handled it better? Yeah, But I think we all know with my organization, like, it's just who I am at this point, Yeah, I think, And why fix your problems when you can just accept who you are?
Speaker 8: Will Will Compton is, there's some flowers. There was and we'll leave him on. Named a person who's supposed to be driving the getaway car after the reception, said man could not do it. Will Compton rose to the occasion, stopped drinking. He's drinking limits. He was in there and he was also having a good fucking time with water in the class. And then he's out there driving. What I thought was one of the coolest parts was JP's truck that he grew up driving in high school. And Will Compton drives JP and sitting off to you know, go seal the deal on a beautiful marriage, and I think that was that was really big of you to And then the second lap back around, y'all hit the block and came back just hitting the horn.
Speaker 4: Funny funny about that I missed the turn.
Speaker 8: We were wondering if we're just gonna keep hitting laps.
Speaker 4: I hit a turn too early because JP pulls on his phone and was like he was like filming, and they're like, oh, we got to guess. I'm sitting there trying to remember, like where am I supposed to go? Because I didn't know the name of the hotel or anything. This lady was like, hey, go through the first up light. You'll make it right on the second one. Go down and it'll be right there on your right. I end up turning on the first up light and they're like, oh, it's all good. We'll make our way back around. Like we got to drive back through where everybody is. He's like yeah, I was like, this will be hilarious. So I'm just like laying on the horn and everybody's just getting hype. It was all time. It was all time.
Speaker 3: Did also shout out sitting seem like there's so many it's so easy to be a bridezilla in those type of situation. She seemed. She seemed calm, cool, collected the entire time. Seemed like they really took a moment and embraced the entire situation.
Speaker 4: And having Crabby Patty served at the end of the night. Again, some of the things that you know was all JP when you talk about like Bridezal and everything else, A lot of times like some of those things can just get Hey, go sit in the corner, stay quiet, we will all.
Speaker 3: My mom will handle this. Yeah yeah, that type of deal.
Speaker 4: Which one oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I'm I'm turning. That's me turning way too early.
Speaker 8: And you begin a single cab truck, dude.
Speaker 4: And as I'm dropping them off, I'm like, hey, I don't want to like call out the elephant in the room here, but I was like, I'm gonna be the the last one you see before you guys, you know, we kind of awkward laughed. I'm like, I go have a good time, have a good time. Whoa but yeah, shout up three deep thrown crossol, shout out the hovees Man, shout.
Speaker 3: Out the Huffies and there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bro, you're probably wondering, why is that name so familiar? Firm a university. That's why it's so.
Speaker 8: Easy to remember Sindon went to Clemson, which I thought was that's how I knew everything I need to know about Sidon when she chose to go to Clemson instead of Furman.
Speaker 4: H everything and shows JP still yeah, honing in tunnel vision on that's who he wants to be.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of good things about the Sittings and the Furmans that we could sit here, I mean, I know, and the Hoveies we could talk all day about them. They're so easy to celebrate.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the Gossap parents awesome families.
Speaker 3: The guy who did the wedding did an amazing job of like telling the story of JP, like essentially tracking down sitting for twelve years is crazy.
Speaker 4: It's ultimate. Only a story of nice guys can finish first.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's exactly what JP is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very quality, just a good human being. Great, and he's somebody you want. Like I put in my post like I would want my daughter to marry somebody like that with a little bit more athletic ability. But I saw somebody say like, oh, you need to have a few more daughters, so I can say the same about when you ever you guys get married, And I'm thinking not Jack.
Speaker 8: When I was reading that, I go, I, you know, for some reason, this feels personal.
Speaker 4: Like Taylor seeing the post and you're like, I feel like this is this, It's easy.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: Will does a great job of throwing like little subtle shots throughout the day on social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in the chair.
Speaker 3: He's in the chair and I'm on the couch. There's no question about it, no question Will Will's microphone broke.
Speaker 8: I would I'm just Taylor Junior. This definitely was about me, right, because it's easy to.
Speaker 3: Take it personal. You think to yourself the conversation we had in Detroit where it was like when or Weston and Rue and you he wasn't top dog on that, which only in my It's like.
Speaker 4: I said, I said, I would be excited, but also like you know, it's like Jack, like you guys both in your later years. I'm thinking this is more of the quality of that you want your daughter to marry.
Speaker 3: Like if it's safe, great, save I will right there. Phenomenal because you just made it all. Yeah, you made it because there was a piece of us that was kind of hurting a little bit. Now I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what if you go on, If you go on, Mitch, You're like, you know you can oh you see that four hours Hey, the people spotlighting you on your suit, Mitch that she was hilarious. But if like if Mitch walks through your door, you're like, you know, you're happy that they're happy, but you're like, you.
Speaker 6: Know, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Mean, it's a little dumb dad, what'd you think?
Speaker 11: I mean, it's I'm just here to be I'm the punching bag of the group, and I'll say some random ship every once in a while that I'll just be like, where did that even come from?
Speaker 3: But it just keeps Have you met Bloss before the other day?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, daily, that's essentially you. Man, you have to do Bloss.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I know, I know, I know that.
Speaker 3: I miss Bloss every day.
Speaker 4: How did you work with Bloss?
Speaker 6: I worked for Bloss for a year?
Speaker 4: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: C tespn man, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bro, did you you honestly thought?
Speaker 3: I never?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, one hundred percent. Satur Oh I wonder if there was an overlap? Yeah, fun fact there was overlap for a year. This podcast has gone really downhill since the beginning part of this podcast, hasn't it?
Speaker 4: Well, should we get to should we get to judgment? Anything else we have to touch before? I don't think so? How many times has JP nutted we can go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Do we want to read, We'll redinad and then we'll do JA.
Speaker 8: I will say. When I was at the wedding, I started getting notifications on Twitter out of nowhere, and I was like, what's going on? The Titans apparently played the O G painting video this week? Really no way, and I'm not there. But my niece got to go to her first Titans game today, so I like to think I was there in spirit. She's representing.
Speaker 4: That's a huge That's that's you making a difference at your voice.
Speaker 8: I'm really excited for week two of the NFL regular season to see it in full forest and then hopefully we have this kind of coming to God moment where I'm hugging all the people around me and they're like, who the fuck are you? Like, yeah, blocking the views?
Speaker 4: What's the ad? Read Mountain dew.
Speaker 3: Mountain dew.
Speaker 4: You know we all need to get more of off of our ass, no doubt. With bold flavors and refreshing citrus kick, mountain dew will get you off your ass and have you feeling like you're on an actual mountain, a mountain where the weather is always perfect. Your friends are ready to hang in a day of epic proportions awaits Listen, I like, look, go go up for go up for TAD. I know you got your original, you got your Baja Blast, you got your Cold Red, you got your voltage. I hope it's still kicking strong. But growing up, my favorite soda, my grandparents always had it sitting. It was in the gold can. It was caffeine free mountain dew. He for some reason, for some reason, I yes, I'm stoked. I'm staked at the part of the Boys, soaked at the part of the Boys.
Speaker 3: Not a big soda kid growing up, but when a Mountain Dew was around, that thing was getting throated in a hurry. Those were the best, man.
Speaker 4: Once I just do the do.
Speaker 3: I love the original, I love the Code Red, But there was something about going to t Bell and getting the ball Hop Blast that just it was like, God, it's like getting ice cream at the end of It's like getting dessert at the end of a nice meal. Dude, Like, dude, let me get this Bahap Blast. Because at this at this point in my life that I'm thinking about right now, it was the generation of suicides where you hit every single one, and I would do that at every fast food establishment. I went to, but I would not would not do it when I went to t Bell because that Ba Hop blast was just too good. It had to sit alone. That's how good mountain dew is.
Speaker 4: I remember just being in the driveway playing a bass ball in the driveway, you know how you're playing twenty one knock at all the different games right at the boys, and I had to lieve and I just remember putting literally four caffeine free mountain dews like in my pockets.
Speaker 3: Come on, kid, and that's gold. Yeah, at that age, that is treasure. That's what the parts of the Caribean we're looking for. Is mountain dew in a treasure chest.
Speaker 4: The mountain is calling. You should answer, grab your friends, grab an ice cold mountain dew wherever refreshing beverages are sold, and do the dew.
Speaker 3: They feel cool saying that, Yeah, it felt cool.
Speaker 4: Say dude, mountain dew.
Speaker 3: I know that's so cool that mountain dew is a part of this pocket. Mountain dew bro In a year, I'll be like, is.
Speaker 7: Mountain dew all right?
Speaker 8: New?
Speaker 3: Hey, it's time.
Speaker 4: Jack McPherson the Chevy Silverado tweeting a photo of rich eyes in every day for seven hundred and eighty.
Speaker 8: Seven and ninety was the seven ninety nine, technically the seven.
Speaker 4: Hundred and eighty nine days, So do you want me to go it? Yeah, we got the confidential audit, we got a folder. So just to give a little context at the start and birth of this thing, like you heard last week on the episode, Jack ultimately had to tweet a photo of rich Eisen every day until he came on the bus. Every day, miss a day, not miss a day. Day one had to be consistent. He could not miss a day. However, we negotiated a little bit. He got it up. The over under was three and a half last week or three whatever it was.
Speaker 3: It was that the line was set at three and a half, given by Rich Eisen, who was a great individual who was rooting for Jack. We're all rooting for Jacks because seven and ninety seven eighty nine days is a lot of time. That's a lot of time. It's a lot of days to consistently be posting about one man. It takes away one days to make a habit, but that's a long time, and so we gave the grace period. The audit has taken place, it's been verified.
Speaker 4: Last week our engineers dove in. Engineers dove in.
Speaker 3: Been verified by myself, by Will Compton and the man himself, Rich Eisen.
Speaker 4: Fine tooth Comb.
Speaker 3: Only three individuals who know the result of this audit, and the question remains, does Jack McPherson say, receive a Chevy Silverado? I have that information in this folder. Hey, oh ho, where's your heart rate at right now?
Speaker 4: Take it at it's pumping. It's in ninety four.
Speaker 3: Ninety four. That's not a resting heart rate.
Speaker 4: That's not a.
Speaker 1: Resting heart right.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous three hundred thousand miles on his vehicle that sits outside in the parking lot right now, running on fumes, hoping to God to be reimbursed with a Chevy Silverado. Eight cameras with fourteen different views.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, it's hard holding this kind Just open it up, Open it up. Where's the paper?
Speaker 1: No, it's not in night, it's not in night.
Speaker 3: My fault.
Speaker 4: It's not a night. That's not a d by the way, put in your pocket.
Speaker 1: That's right here.
Speaker 3: Does does Jack McPherson receive a Jack How.
Speaker 4: Are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: My heart?
Speaker 8: You said your heart rates ninety mine's got to be like one thirty right now?
Speaker 4: How many do you think he missed? M did you go back?
Speaker 7: That's all we need?
Speaker 4: Hey, we just needed the grand. We needed the grand.
Speaker 8: I think I missed probably probably three, Mitch.
Speaker 4: How many do you think he missed?
Speaker 7: Hey, number one?
Speaker 4: I'm glad. It's so refreshing here he just smiling. Gag. I think I missed.
Speaker 3: Because Jack, you were. I tried so hard to ask, like, you didn't miss one? You stood ten toes down, Mitch? How manything you missed?
Speaker 12: I know how back Jack wanted it, but I'm gonna probably I want to say maybe five. I mean it's also that's two and a half years. Like five is is? Like I like, Rich said, that's that's an acceptable amount in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Sure, and what are you going with?
Speaker 9: I actually know how many it is. I had some Oppenheimer's, some ops in my DM saying, hey, your boy, look at your boy.
Speaker 4: Oh you had something.
Speaker 9: I had it, and and I ate it.
Speaker 4: I said, on it.
Speaker 9: I said, people out here, no one wants to see anybody succeed. It's messed up, and so I ate it. I went to Jack, I said, hey, this is what they're saying, and he said fuck them. I said fuck them.
Speaker 4: So how many do you think based on your DMS seven or eight?
Speaker 3: Which hold on? Now, mitchsheid five is acceptable even though seven or eight is so acceptable, you think so even if it's seven or eight, twenty seven is exceptable. We're talking about we're talking about two years. You're saying twenty is acceptable, blood sweat tears.
Speaker 4: This is a sponsor.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have the boy riding in a Chevy.
Speaker 4: A guy like me that's in a Tahoe. I know what it's like to be.
Speaker 1: In a show.
Speaker 4: You're in a nice Chevy Tahoe's Chevy Tahoe to you basically got you got?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say you got the the R, the Z R two or the Z seventy one. Oh dude, you got the Z series. Got a nice yeah, and it's it's fabulous.
Speaker 9: You know what that does for my job performance here? When I get to pull up every single day in a Chevy, I go, thank God, I'm working for the boys.
Speaker 4: Thank God I'm in a Chevy.
Speaker 3: So can I from him?
Speaker 4: Reliable, gritty, consistent? God?
Speaker 3: Lee? Can I ask you a question before he opened this up? Or its more question for Jack.
Speaker 4: If you everybody at home just on the edge of their seat.
Speaker 3: If we were sitting there with Rich and you said I didn't miss one, and you had an idea in your mind that you've maybe missed more than one, and we end up at three and a half, and now your boys are back here saying five is acceptable and twenty is acceptable, acceptable even though a line has been drawn in the sand of three and a half.
Speaker 6: We're not going to I'm not going to talk back to Rich.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think Rich actually wants this for him the most. And I think if we had Rich on this bus right now, if he's available to call, and we say y'all spoke to him earlier too.
Speaker 3: I have a video. I have a video from Rich right now discussing the results with Jami Feerson.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the video?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I have not watched the video. I foul can I'll be.
Speaker 8: Before it's all all said and done, I would like to give my one final piece on it.
Speaker 4: Closing statement.
Speaker 8: Closing statement. Though maybe there had been a day or two miss I will say it has been an absolute blast doing this to over two and a half years to get someone on and to create all of this noise around it and to have the public backing of our fans to be ride with me. It's cool. So whether there is a Chevy Silvado or not, it truly has been an honor serving with you guys. So thank you, thank you for giving me this opportunity in this moment, so I do appreciate it. It's been really fun. And be on the lookout for possibly a day one tweeting somebody else coming this week. Just put your subscribe, dropping the comments on YouTube who we should tweet at. But yeah, thank you guys, No bullshit, it's been really fun. Thanks for giving me, you know, an opportunity to be on the platform and have a little fun. So thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Dude, seriously, that means the world. You did not get it. Very good closing statement.
Speaker 8: And he and I still and I still feel the same way.
Speaker 4: And here's your head.
Speaker 8: Yeah two three and that's the Jordan year.
Speaker 4: What we see right now.
Speaker 8: I know. Thanks for giving me the least.
Speaker 3: Twenty three dating back to we were only able to get back to a one hundred and seven days. So on day one oh seven was when I was allowed to start the council there's still one hundred and seventy one hundred and seven days unaccounted for based on the memory of Twitter.
Speaker 8: Do you do you know what day was the first day miss from one oh seven? Because I have photos?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I had.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go through this now?
Speaker 4: We might as well we can. I mean it's out there and listen. There's rumors of a consolation prize. Oh, there's rumors. Yeah.
Speaker 8: In dude, hope is a dangerous drug that I'll tepe visit.
Speaker 4: I want to feed it. I want to keep injecting. Come because we need you working.
Speaker 1: I fucking quit.
Speaker 3: Okay, first miss on September sixteenth, twenty twenty two, you said day one thirteen of tweeting a photo of rich issend until he comes on the podcast. On September eighteenth, twenty twenty two, you said day fourteen.
Speaker 8: Wait, so it was.
Speaker 4: Day one fourteen? Huh?
Speaker 3: Day one fourteen, Day one fourteen, sorry, day one fourteen.
Speaker 8: I can't remember exactly, but I do remember the first day that I woke up and had missed it, and I called my dad and I was panicking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know what I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 8: I'm fucked I'm fucked, dude, and he's like, calm down, man, calm down. He's like, who knows. He's like, just be honest with them. And I was like, fuck that, man, you can't. I was like, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Literally kept it all the way till the Rich Show. He's like, did miss one?
Speaker 4: You gotta stand strong.
Speaker 8: I gotta stand strong, and you know, you just keep fighting for it. I had a few guys. Do they they treat me. I'm Not'm gonna give them the the appropriate shout out for for my demise, but they'd liked me, and they're like, we know, you know, we know the comments.
Speaker 4: Look, you know you're gonna have people fighting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people, I've already seen something today. They said, if it's no truck, it's hashtag cancel busting people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are ready to.
Speaker 8: I always fire that up. Do not comment my guys either. Guys, this isn't a I knew what was going on, the all the opportunities out there. Do not cancel busting. Don't do it. It's not it's not worth it. We're we're gonna fight for a brider tomorrow, so guys keep doing it. Don't do this. I swear it's not worth it.
Speaker 4: Keep doing it?
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear the rest of them? Or do you want to?
Speaker 4: I feel like this it's ultimately the same kind of theme. It's you know, you kept the days consistent, but if you miss the day, it would jump to right that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, the first one he went from one thirteen, skipped a day, and then went to one fourteen. In October the same year he went one thirty four, skipped a day, and then went one thirty six.
Speaker 4: I tried a couple of different four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, gotta see it works. Yeah, see what works?
Speaker 3: So, which means the seven hundred and eighty nine days is also in question.
Speaker 8: So seven eighty eight the days you missed?
Speaker 4: What what do you chalk it up as? Is you're like disappointed that, like what was going on? Was it a weekend or they it.
Speaker 8: Typically wasn't a weekend. It would either be I think, I I don't remember where I said it, but like you have good days, you have bad days, and of days where it's going to ship. So sometimes it just be a great day and then you'd wake up the next day and you're like, how could I have even forgot that? A lot of times it would be like it'd be in the queue for me or in my drafts, and I had started it, and then maybe something comes up, a phone call.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then your brain kind of registers that you did it. And then you go back the next day and then you know, panic ensues and you're just like, what have you done? It's like your kids are gonna starve my future kids, my future kid?
Speaker 4: Sure is this a consolation prize idea that you just pulled up.
Speaker 10: Car?
Speaker 3: That's sick? You're walking away with something something? Uh September the date that I said, what was that?
Speaker 4: September fourteenth and eighteenth?
Speaker 3: The day you missed a Saturday? Yeah? October?
Speaker 8: Is there is there a theme here? Is it is a weekend?
Speaker 3: A weekend one?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Ten eight twenty two and ten ten twenty two the day you missed was a Sunday Titans game that was also a home Titans game.
Speaker 9: And you're gonna punish him for football?
Speaker 4: Listen, hey, the ring of honor?
Speaker 8: Maybe I can't. I can't hold that flag for you anymore.
Speaker 4: I'll say this.
Speaker 3: We don't want to punish him, No, no, And you guys don't do you want to punishment it feels like an how what.
Speaker 4: Twenty three misses?
Speaker 3: Sure the line was set at three and a half. You also knew the number. I knew the number, but sure he said twenty seven. I thought of myself, he knows exactly the.
Speaker 9: Guy fucking loves football and he forgot the tweet.
Speaker 1: Sure, football game.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: Fully understand that, fully understand that.
Speaker 1: It feels like a punishment.
Speaker 3: This is best up.
Speaker 4: I know it does. And trust me, like Taylor, I didn't even want to get I was like, dude, give him a truck, Like what are you talking about? He's like, bro, if he does it all all the days in a row, Like we got to do something, be great for the brand.
Speaker 9: Can you be there a go kart like a Chevy go kart?
Speaker 3: That way, Will and I will will and I will talk about a constellation price. We will talk about that consolation prize.
Speaker 4: Or consolation consolation, but ultimately it's stars.
Speaker 3: Will tell us whether or not he should get a consolation price, and.
Speaker 4: You go into a deal that's clear cut. These are the parameters. And it wasn't miss a day, and then it gets negotiated up to a few days. Like let's just even say it was more. But even if you when you missed, when you missed that mark, like what you want us to do just pretend like it doesn't happen and not honor our side of the standard. It's like the standard was set. You either give a reason or you get the result.
Speaker 9: I just feel like you're you're kind of rubbing his face in there right now. Yeah, he had an accident in the house. We get it.
Speaker 4: Twenty three accidents. Twenty three accidents.
Speaker 3: And I understand. I know there's a lot of people beating down the doors right now saying give Jack and Chevy Sirol.
Speaker 1: He earned it.
Speaker 3: Twenty three days is nothing the wheld we come from. It's a result based its perfection.
Speaker 4: Perfection.
Speaker 3: If I had a child, I do have two. If my children wanted something, I said, if you do these things, you can have the thing you want, and they did most of those things. What kind of parent would I be if I still gave him that. I'm teaching them a bad lesson.
Speaker 4: We're just in a performance based world that we live in. Like you missed twenty three plays your cut, bro, there ain't nobody uying for you. They're saying you suck Get this mother, good good, get him off my team. He should never be on it again.
Speaker 3: Let's let's turn that temperature down just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, what do we.
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's Will Will's.
Speaker 3: Will's having flashbacks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sitting there.
Speaker 4: I'm Will's thinking.
Speaker 3: He's in Nebraska right now and his coach is going off on him. That had nothing to do with Jack.
Speaker 4: Like we had twenty eight missed tackles against Texas the year after the one second game, and we just got obliterated in meetings. It wasn't Hey, if you miss a few, you should still go back and win the game. Or you should get this, you should get that you're trying to what example are we trying to set?
Speaker 8: And I agree with y'all. I do twenty three it's excessive and it you know, I truly I let myself down and I let the fans down. So this is just a moment in time where it'll motivate me, uh for the next season of life, in the next career, I'd choose to dive into.
Speaker 4: After everybody, everybody in the comments is gonna be like when they're laying the jerseys out for Rudy, Like, no, we're not showing up.
Speaker 3: So I have I have a video from Rich yeah for you now, and then we can just put the video on for the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we got we gotta hear what Rich has. It was one of those things when all the screenshots came in. I was like, fuck, I know.
Speaker 3: I literally it was done the afternoon after the Rich podcast. F I figured it out. Somehow, I figured out technology.
Speaker 4: So here's Rich.
Speaker 3: Do you want to see the video right here?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I'm sitting here on my set getting ready to do my show. I heard some disturbing news from Nashville, Tennessee. So I gotta take my boy Jack on a walk. Oh man, you missed some days, Jack, Taylor told me. Sent me some evidence. I was taking a stand for seven hundred and eighty days, not just for my own self, but on behalf of all shows on a bus that should have a motor that for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Doesn't, And also for you, Jack.
Speaker 10: I had visions of seeing you driving off into the beautiful Nashville sunset in your gorgeous news show the Silverado. You missed more than three days. Taylor sent me all these texts of what I hope are timestamp issues. Somehow, some way multiple times.
Speaker 1: The dates are off, your phone was off.
Speaker 10: You had it scheduled something. There's got to be something, Jack, Dig deep, dig deep into your memory banks. Thoughts and prayers for you, Jack, similar to the thoughts and prayers that I have for my awesome new Ralph Lauren Stone white pants that I wore, and for something unexplainable the bust and couch leaked all over the pants, Like, what the hell was rfk Junior? Do you leave there any cub bear, cub blood or something. Pants are ruined. But this is not about me or my pants, about you, Jack and your work ethic. I'm hoping there's God got to do something, man, you will get your Chevy Silverado somehow Someway rooting for you.
Speaker 8: Man, it's like a disapproving father, just like I'm disappointed.
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question?
Speaker 3: Of course, sure, I'm just putting go carts Chevy carts up on the screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not at the top of every week's schedule out each post. I know you want to throw yourself in the suck. I'm sure it's something like that, being gritty like the Chevy. But when you're like going through and thinking about scheduling out posts like whether it's a few days at a time, a week at a time, a month at a time, it almost seems like you could have had that work in your favor a little bit.
Speaker 8: I'm a great question to what I answer is I don't know, Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Do what I answer? It doesn't matter fall short.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at this point, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if I scheduled them or if I didn't. You know, twenty three days missed it and uh, it's over.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, little hope.
Speaker 8: Little hope, a little hope. But yeah, I feel I feel like I'll let Rich down most of all because he went to.
Speaker 4: Bath for me and he still was even after the bus. Yeah, and we're like, rich bro, if we find multiple like more like even like outside of ten you know what I mean, because he's like, hey, you guys got to give them more of a grace period.
Speaker 8: I honestly thought it was gonna be like seven days, So twenty three Yeah, it hurts. It's like, who am I am? I even a man at this point? Can I Can I go home and lure my kids in the eyes.
Speaker 3: You're a man? Maybe there's a Chevy dealership in the Greater Nashville area that's willing to say you earned it, willing to walk up and say, listen, Jack, we know you missed twenty three days, but here's one anyway.
Speaker 8: I mean that that'd be that'd be huge. I don't know, I don't know if this is just conversation happening.
Speaker 3: No, it's just conversation. I'm not gonna I'm I'm just hoping that some Chevy dealership sees this clip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Chevrolet himself sees this clip, mister, Yeah, and they send the nineteen forty six go kart, you know.
Speaker 4: And you're on the next Chevy commercial.
Speaker 3: Wow. They're like, this could be the best thing that ever happened to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Charlie, Hey, you will grow from this.
Speaker 8: A lot of motivation going in the gym today to where it's like there is no excuse today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the best lessons are the hardest ones.
Speaker 8: But I can't circle back to my closing statement earlier. It truly was a blast doing this. All the fun content I from this. I got to go on TV on Rich Eisen Show, which wouldn't have happened without this, got to meet Rich, got to be around some some cool people. Really understand how to search on Google now more than ever. So we love you Jack, I love you, guys, love you.
Speaker 4: Yes, enjoy the next chapter. Man, that's what we should do. Just pretend like obviously people will be listening to the episode, but just pretend like I today was your last day.
Speaker 8: Let just get a box.
Speaker 4: Should we get to uh, Sam Maril, I know it's a low note. Energy was high at the start.
Speaker 8: Around maybe the biggest peaks in Valley pod intro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of all time, no further ado.
Speaker 4: This is an incredible guest by the way, it was Sam was all time and and his little uh, his little clip at that at that news station. Hilarious. Bro, you guys haven't checked out a special. It is out and it's not Prime I believe. Yeah, Yeah, he's also been on you know, I'm sure we I know we have a bigger audience than Rogan, but I know he's been on Rogan as well a couple of times. But check out the boy, Sam is he He's one of the kind Watch Sam mareal you've changed on Prime video.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the episode. Cancel buzz winn up this episode to bring you sport clips. Guys. When it comes to getting your haircut. Don't go anywhere, visit the specialists who live and breathe men's hair at sport Clips. Haircut stylists undergo special training to be expert in men's hair and making them masters of mullets, finesters of fades, and the understudies of the undercut. It's easy to have confidence in your look when you're in the hands of a pro. Just another way, sport Clips helps keep your head and your hair in the game. Sport Clips it's a game changer. Let's get back to the episode for a couple.
Speaker 4: Grand doesn't run.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, this thing is awesome.
Speaker 4: This apparently used to.
Speaker 3: It's crazy too, because national's like a super small it's a city, but it's a kind of like a towner. Everyone knows each other and people would reach out to us when we start this, like, oh, my buddy used to own that, and then somebody else, Oh my uncle used to own that, and they used to travel all over. It's like different NASCAR races.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because it used to.
Speaker 3: Before I got the Twister tea wrap, it was a Earnhardt Junior eight and all that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, the Dale ear I miss it, but we love twisted tea.
Speaker 1: You got big Nascar guys. No, I don't know shit about Everyone's into formula one now I'm seeing like.
Speaker 3: Because the Netflix show Netflix, Netflix really just makes everything popular. I know whatever. Netflix slept for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, how are we doing, folks? Yeah? Sam, it's more real, right, Yeah, Sam are real.
Speaker 3: Actor?
Speaker 4: He was on The Joker.
Speaker 1: I played a comedian. So I don't call myself an actor. I mean people always like you're an actor?
Speaker 3: Like am I would you ever want to do acting? Like that? You want to get in the film industry?
Speaker 1: Only in ship that I wrote, I'm not. I wouldn't want an audition. I think that's like that would make my brain melt. I think, really, it just seems all they would. When you're like a young comic, they send you, uh, like audition for this three cam as like the wacky Neighbor, and I'm just like, listen to this morose energy. What kind of fucking neighbor am I going to be? You know, I don't have range. I'd be like me, you know, that's it.
Speaker 4: But some people make a good living off just being them.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: Ryan Reynolds, Yeah, I love Ryan Reynolds. Vince Vaughan I guess Vince Vaughan does some. He's done some different than.
Speaker 1: Some weird played Norman Bates, dude, he's played something. He's played the Lost World.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. I wondered, like in that world, if the actors that kind of display themselves like Vince did for so long, if they the other actors talk ship like they get in small groups, Vince really can only just do the frat boy thing and there's like a fight to see if you have more range or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the dude's talking shit or like Kevin Spacey and yeah, hear what this guy fucking does. He's a great actor. But at what costs?
Speaker 4: Cost?
Speaker 3: At what cost.
Speaker 4: Are you h is one of your passions? Like writing in film?
Speaker 1: I like writing. I like writing jokes and I like, uh, I've written some stuff. I mean, my friend Mark Norman and I wrote a movie. So like maybe someday we'll make that wre like we're working on that and then yeah, I'm working on a on a TV show that uh yeah, I mean if it goes cool. But I mean stand up is my favorite.
Speaker 3: You know what made you find like the love for writing. We'll get in the stand up in the movies and all that, but like, how do you how do you put pen to paper and be like, yo, this is something that actually interests me.
Speaker 1: Honestly. I was a freshman at Tulane University in New Orleans, and I was I'd been on stage a few times, but Katrina just hit. So when I went back, uh, there were no open mics, like everything was kind of shut down still, and I was just like I could just write, you know, So I just fucking made Katrina about me. But do you know who really suffered is me not getting enough open mic? Stand no doubt, but uh, yeah, Honestly, I was like, well, I'm writing more than I'm getting on. I think that made me like a writer first and a performer second.
Speaker 4: You know, it does seem like comedians are getting more in that lane of film, like Shane coming out them there's the entire.
Speaker 1: Means such a great comic actor too. I mean he's like, you know know, you saw it in those sketches that I think of that Trump speed dating sketchules, Like when that came out, it was texting him like this, like the one of the funniest things I've seen.
Speaker 3: And it makes you wonder what SNL would have been with him if it would ever kept him on, he would get away with that stuff.
Speaker 1: He would have broke either way. He would have broke either mainstream or he would have done the kind of back road he did into the He's mainstream regardless.
Speaker 3: You know, do you think it worked out better for him being able to do it the back way? Yeah? For sure. And when he does do the funny resume about like he's technically a decorated veteran because he went to West Point. Yeah, they technically worked for SNL, it's like he's kind of got the sick little deal.
Speaker 4: In a college football player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, college football players got everything, man, and he is like, yeah, he's a legit. He would have been great on SNL and he's kind of what they needed. I think they I think they realize they fucked up and.
Speaker 4: Bring it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But like so you and and Mark writing a movie, Like how does that is that you guys just kind of bullshit around like this would be sick, but you all you both can also write. But as it gets done and tightened up, is it something that you pitch it like festivals or how would you guys go about we?
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, we just kind of were talking about, Man, they don't make the type of movies that's like literally what my stand up is. I'm like, I want to do the type of stand up that I would want to watch. So with normand we just were like, man, they don't really make movies like Something about Mary or Dumb and Dumber anymore, like the types of comedies we grew up really loving. So we we just were like, we should write a movie. And we met this producer guy and he's like, I heard you guys talk about in the podcast you should you should do this. I can make it happen. We're like, yeah, whatever, fucking jerk off, you know. And then and then he introduced us. The best part is he introduced us to like all these people who would write it, and we're like, yeah, we know all of them. They're they're comics, but we're just fucking lazy. So we didn't think that we could do this. And then he set us up on calls and we were like, all right, so Mark and I are smart enough to know that we're fucking not smart. So we were like, we'll just we'll just write it, but we need someone to do the story with us. Because we're not experienced screenwriters. So we can make it funny, but we can't, you know, write a full movie. So we brought in Noah Garden Schwarts, who wrote for Marvelous Missus Masel for like the Whole Run, and we knew him from stand up and his wife Esther Steinberg. We wrote it with them, and now we got like producers and stuff. We're out the director, so maybe maybe it'll get.
Speaker 4: Made maybe stuff.
Speaker 3: Is it fully written? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's it about.
Speaker 1: It's about two liquor salesmen who are just down on their luck and we have a liquor, so it's about we're like, this is kind of a fun like wedding crasher style two dudes who are like kind of best best buds but can't catch a break and struggling liquor. Yeah, it's us with our whiskey right there, and it's it's like an old.
Speaker 4: Whole comedy to wedding crashers. Why do you feel like they got away from that kind of comedy era.
Speaker 3: It feels like they after the two thousands they kind of just dipped on it, man, all that stuff, because I.
Speaker 1: Think Hollywood kind of they ruined comedies. I think they were like, in stand up, I don't get any notes, you know, whereas in a movie there's so much money behind it in the studio that they're like, oh, we got to cut this. That's not good, you know. And that's poison for comedy, is someone coming in and tinkering who doesn't know anything about fucking comedy. So I mean, even with stand up, you know, Amazon was like, hey, would you mind not I had a joke I opened on that they asked me not to open on because they were like, it's gonna kill our algorithm. And I'm like, that's where the fuck we are with comedy now. We're like slaves to the algorithm. And they're right because it probably would have ruined the special. But I had a joke. It was about I had a joke where I text a friend and I said, uh, congrats on your baby, shit a baby, And she sent me back a picture of her breastfeeding the baby, and I just wrote, oh okay, and then she wrote sorry if that's like the female equivalent of a dick pic, and I said, I think it'd be way worse. So I send you a picture of a baby sucking my penis, you know, and that was my opening jokes. I was like, I just want to get a quick laugh, and Amazon was like, could you not open on that? And that's like a hard joke to like slide in. Yeah, I can't just like be like.
Speaker 3: Igle middle of the pack and just put that one in there.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is like. I was kind of like, well, I can't, and then I was like, well, I guess At first she like, fuck you, I'm an artist. I'm opening on the baby suck job joke, you know, And then.
Speaker 3: They were that's what I said.
Speaker 1: And but then I was like, well, I just get the joke back if I don't use it right, and they're like yeah. I was like, all right, I'll just have the joke back, so now I can put in the next hour.
Speaker 3: I guess where's like, where's the line for you when people, these big corporations are trying to tell you to do X, Y and Z, where you are like, hey, I'm an artist. I want to like, yeah, maybe the dick joke isn't the best move.
Speaker 1: I just they didn't say it couldn't be in the special. They were just like, we just don't open with it because if it's in the first two minutes. People that aren't fancy you might shut it off, and I was like, that's fine.
Speaker 4: I guess like all the boys who have their girls like, yeah, let's check out Sam. Let's check out Sam. And that's the one they're buying in on. And you're talking about a baby sucking your dick. She's like, is zoo you want me to watch? Is what you wanted?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, but it did hit it it would hit like I'm not you know, you're kind of focused testing the jokes, like I took these jokes so like Europe Australia, I'm all over joke, so I kind of know what's gonna work. But you're just like, all right, I mean there's battles to pick. And that was when I was just like, whatever, you know?
Speaker 4: Is there has there been a joke you've tested in several markets that just has failed over and over and you're like, all right, I guess nobody gets it the way me and.
Speaker 1: Yeah get it. Sometimes when it's really self deprecating, people are like what the fuck? Like that just made us sad. You think it's funny because you have enough distance from it, but they just they like feel bad and I've learned through time to not get annoyed with it because it means they like you. But yeah, I had a joke about being how my biological father left and then I was raised by my stepdad who's like my dad, just call him dad, great dad. But when that happens, you, uh, you have to get the biological father to sign to like, you know, say I allow you to adopt him. So he says, like the opposite of a UPS package. He's like, here's my signature, and I don't want this. Yeah, that's why I didn't hit. It's too fucking sad, I guess. But I was like, to me, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's one like you're like laughing through but also at the same time it's like, damn, that's kind of sad.
Speaker 1: Point, I guess. But but I that's the thing is I would try to establish him like no, I'm like good, I lucked the fuck out. But I think they were like, oh, this is a bummer. There was another one with him that would be like on the fence right about. Uh, sometimes it would kill and sometimes it would get like zero. About first time I ever met him, he was petting a cat and I was like, what's up with a cat? He goes. I rescued her from the side of the road and then nursed her back to health, and I was like, so you did have.
Speaker 4: It in you.
Speaker 1: It's another one. It would be like hit or miss.
Speaker 3: Really, people would not think that's funny.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they would be like aw and I'd be like, oh, I fucking It's the worst sound.
Speaker 3: Empathy in a comedy set just doesn't sound like the feeling you want.
Speaker 1: I hate that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: That is tough, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when when it comes to comedy, like you starting the process, like the ebbs and flows of going on stage and essentially everyone bombs in the beginning. Yeah, what made you want to keep coming back?
Speaker 1: I think you just get, Like Colin quin would always say, you get just enough to keep coming back, which I think is so true to each ship. But then like, but that one new line, got something, you get like a little taste.
Speaker 4: One good stroke on the golf course. I'm figuring it out exactly.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, like I would it'd be so bad, but I would hand out liars forever on the street, and you know, you going on stage and they're like people who like you got into the show. I'm handing fliers to them like there's a hot showed night, all these big name comics and like all right, And then I go up and they're like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 3: This you like to that's the guy that just gave me the fly, he's the ticket boy. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I bomb a lot in those rooms. But then like every once in a while, you get a win and you'd be like fuck. I mean, the real sign to keep going was those friends who like they support you in the beginning and they're like I don't know if he has it, But then they come back like a year later, and you got way better, you know. I mean they're kind of like, oh shit, you're actually not bad at this now.
Speaker 3: I feel it'd be harder to tell your boys that you're gonna go into comedy than just a random person thinking you're not funny tell your boys that, hey, I'm gonna go do stand up. At the first I'm like, all right, yeah, hey he's funny. Well see Sam's pretty funny. He can do awesome. Then you mom and they're like, man, maybe you should not do this.
Speaker 1: Dude, Well that would happen.
Speaker 4: How do you even tell that's your boy like he would you think, would you think stay ated.
Speaker 3: Bro just ty and just like you know, a man appreciate that. Yeah, I would think. I think I would try to keep a secret.
Speaker 1: I just did it for a while. Well, I always wanted a bomb in the shadows. There were these comics that were like hanging around like they'd be, you know, trying to schmooze with the bigger comics, and that was not me. I was like, let me fucking bomb. And there was this room one hundred and seventh Street that I would just do as much as possible, and I was like, let me just get my new jokes here so that when they do see me, they're like, oh shit, this guy's pretty good. But the people that were just like schmoozing at at a young age, I'm like, dude, get stop fucking networking and eat shit in a private room. Like that's what I'd say, you get good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, what were you doing at the time where you were just passing off flyers? And because I'm assuming you're not getting paid very good money?
Speaker 1: No, not good. I mean I was in college when I was doing that, you know, and then I was doing part time ship when I was out of college, and because I started making money on the road. I won a festival called Laughing Skull in Atlanta, and the prize was a year's worth of roadwork, and I was like a working comic from that point.
Speaker 4: When you say years worth of roadwork, like, what does that entail?
Speaker 1: It means like they booked me every weekend, okay through the festival.
Speaker 4: So and they're working hard for you to sell tickets you get.
Speaker 1: There, No, they don't fucking know. I did no door deal. It was a flat fee at every color, but it was enough to get by, and i'd, you know, do whatever sad shit. You've seen comics doing movies where you're like selling T shirts or whatever to make extra I mean, sometimes you're doing that. I would be opening for people in those clubs. Sometimes I'd either be headlining like C or B rooms and opening in the A rooms, and in those rooms it was like shit money. So I'd be selling T shirts after the show and sometimes make more in the T shirts than But the worst thing is when you're fucking the joke the T shirts usually a joke from your act that you're selling after the show, and when that joke bombs and you still have to fucking hawk that after the show. So, like you remember when you hated this fucking joke twenty five bucks right here?
Speaker 3: Do you think? Do you think podcasting has helped comedians in a lot of ways? It seems like, my god, anytime you go on a comedians podcast, just especially if they're solo, just seems like they're working out bits constantly. Congratulations comes to mind. With the Leah back in the day, you just see him like always working through something. Was that a new advance in the in the game.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean it is in terms of popularity, but I don't think it's good for your writing because you get burnt out. When do you see those comics that do like nine podcasts. Your act is going to suffer, you know, you can't. You only have so much in you. I think.
Speaker 3: Might be drunk though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. It's a fun pod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when you just get you get to kind of hang with the boy. You also did a pod with that Julian Alman, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would love to keep doing it, but they want to do in La for season two.
Speaker 3: And I just, oh, for real, that's why it didn't work out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it started off where in New York.
Speaker 4: Okay, it started off in.
Speaker 1: The He's got a Jewels Girls girl in the in LA. So that's why I couldn't keep going.
Speaker 3: So Jewel's got a girl, his daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he is definitely not bachelor bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's out there.
Speaker 4: He's always got a girl, he has daughter.
Speaker 1: He's a great fucking hang though. I love him.
Speaker 3: He's a good dude.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It seems like that show is doing really well too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crushing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Was it awkward when he was obviously he's got his daughter in LA, But was it awkward being like, hey, are you going to be able to do this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean it's just sucked. It didn't work out, But it's not like it wasn't weird between us. I think he I was on part of my take and they were like fuck with me, that he's going to get like a new comedian and he and and I was like in LA, I'm like, which I won't even been hurt by him, Like go get fucking La comedi, you know, sports like Santino or someone. Yeah, and he texted me right after it didn't text me, he voiced he doesn't text. He voiced memos. It's like every fucking La person they're always they message while they're driving, so they don't text you. Hey, bubbs. Yeah, we would never replace you. It's just going to be me. Now. I was like, I wasn't offended, but that's like how thoughtful Julian is.
Speaker 3: You know, growing up in New York being a big New York sports fan. How was it with him? Did you give him well, did he give you any ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It went.
Speaker 1: It went both ways because you know, when I get cocky, we did, like Eli Manning and Teddy Bruski for our first episode, and I'm wearing the fucking Giant Super Bowl hacks. I'm a Giants fan and that was like, that was an awesome episode. Fucking love Deli and it was cool as hell that Bruski comes on to discuss losing the Super Bowl. Yeah, because I guess when you win enough, you're kind of like, who gives a shit? I lost one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that year was nuts because they were not they were on the door of a perfect season.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the Giants. Everyone forgets the Giants almost beat him. I think it was week seventeen or sixteen. I forget which week it was, but the Giants almost beat him, and I remember that being like, oh the Giants could beat the Patriots.
Speaker 4: It was like, really, you guys got hot late in the year because you guys just kind of like squeaked in the playoffs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, defense was fucking stacked like that was Straighthan's last year.
Speaker 3: Tuck was a part of that too.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Antonio Pearce was a beast.
Speaker 3: That's when they had the cool face mask to make everybody look like they were robots.
Speaker 4: Like what was his name, Tuck? I remember first, there's another guy I feel like on the interior.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't remember, but they had some that was absolute studs out there.
Speaker 4: Dude, Yes, tag team. Do you find yourself room for the Raiders at all? With with ap at the.
Speaker 1: Helm, I don't I root for his success. I don't root for the rate. I'm a Giants fan, but uh yeah, I think it's cool that he that he got the gig. I mean he deserves that. I think.
Speaker 4: You know how tight in with the Giants like fan them a you like, were you bummed seeing Sakuan go to.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, of course, I mean how it hurts enough to lose a guy that talented. But the fucking Eagles. I hate the Eagles, dude.
Speaker 3: I feel like Eagles are a place that if you're not in, if you're not in Philadelphia, everyone outside of Philadelphia like there's like a rumbling that everyone hates the Eagles. Oh, philp is a scary place to play.
Speaker 1: Philly sports fans are psychotic. Yes, I'm a huge Knicks fan. So during that first round I was tweeting NonStop like fuck Philly, just not just drunken bars, being like I hate this Sixers and the ship that I got back, I was like, damn, maybe I should stop. This is crazy. And then the next round against the Pacers, I was like, this isn't bad. You guys are like nice farm people. Yeah, the Philly people are like doxy my family and ship. It's like it's it's different. It's a different type of hate, dude.
Speaker 3: The Northeast, their fan base, especially with their professional sports.
Speaker 1: Philly is the most crazy, the most crazy.
Speaker 3: Bills Mafia goes hard too. I got a little squaw squabble with base Yeah that's.
Speaker 4: Through social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just go hard.
Speaker 4: But you'd be in a Philly game like Charles she was wearning her Washington jacket when we played there, and they're like, you can't and throw in full cans of beerd.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Bill's when you live in the combination of insanely cold weather, you're always losing. Like it's enough, you basically turn into Jack Nicholson in the shining you start to fucking spy stadium. Yeah, And they spend all that money on that stadium for that, for that fucking city when everyone like, have you been walking around downtown there, everyone's on drugs, Like that city needs a lot of help, and they're like, no, fuck, we'll put it in the stadium. Yeah, yeah, I love. I actually have a weird sauce spot for Buffalo, the great crowds. Uh. It's a weird thing about you go up there. It's like Buffalo is great, Rochester is fucking cool. Syracuse will make you want to commit suicide, for sure, it's awful. Uh, but but Buffalo is cool and great Italian food.
Speaker 4: I like wings.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: You don't think so, I just really I think you're a kidding No no, no.
Speaker 3: No, I'm being so serious. I just think it's the blue cheese thing. For me, if you're up there and you order ranch, they literally.
Speaker 4: Laugh out the building, ran guy, you're both.
Speaker 3: Big Ranch guy. And I think blue cheese is maybe the worst condiment. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: I only deal with wings, but like for wings, like.
Speaker 3: The spies, for all blue cheese that crumble, the sauce, all of it the same.
Speaker 4: But I feel like I've learned. It's mainly just because we haven't grown up and matured yet, because I feel like they say, when your padic, it's a little bit more mature. You start liking the blue cheese.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, the.
Speaker 3: Cheese with mold on it. It's like, what are we doing? What are we trying to prove out here? There's nothing for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not a blue cheese guy. I hate blue cheese.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. Why do you think the Northeast is so big on their pro sports but not necessarily on their college sports?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 4: They suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a simple answer.
Speaker 1: There's just yeah, we're not great at it. There's not a real culture. I mean, who am I going to root for in the city like Saint John's or fuckers? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I won the first football game ever right.
Speaker 1: My mom actually went there, so I should be rooting for them, but not, dude, I no, I mean we just grow up with like then. Also, I was so spoiled, Like I think about the way, uh Boston guys who are like in their twenties now are spoiled. How just every team wins. Not being a nineties New Yorker was pretty fucking cool because the Rangers won the Cup. The Knicks, we never got over the hump, but we were we were good every every year we were in the mix, and we were we bloodied teams. It was like, no one's beating Jordan. That's just how it was. But the Yankees were fucking unreal and the Giants and the Giants too, so it was a pretty cool. Look at that messy a badass.
Speaker 3: That is cool.
Speaker 4: I never really got into hockey like that. I know you're a big hockey guy.
Speaker 3: I like hockey a lot. My brother he played juniors, and my dad grew up in Dina, Minnesota, and he was always growing up in Arizona. He was like, we're at the ice edd and we're always playing hockey and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It is the most fun sport to watch. Like you were saying earlier playoff hockey, Oh my god, getting to go to the Caps games out in Washington, like they would they would be the best in the regular season, but they would always lose in the playoffs. But going there experiencing like game six is Game seven's like playoff hockey is insane. The watch so fast paced.
Speaker 3: It's interesting too. Like the places in the country now that have great like in game experiences, like a Preed's game. Here it's in the South, you would think, like no one really cares about hockey, but the in game experience is insane. They go so hard, they're yelling at the goalie. There's catfish being thrown around. Broadways packed, broadways packed, It's just an absolute party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like there's a lot of like weird inside joke stuff with hockey to it. They throw the rats on the ice and I like ship like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Detroit does the octopus. It's just everyone's got their little thing. And we were talking this before the podcast, like the hockey culture is like a one of one culture. There's a small team. Everybody is a booze bag. Everyone gets after it. You know, you wake up, you rub your eyes and you just and then you go and fight and you play it at the same at the same time, it's a gentleman's game. Just like you're saying, there's unwritten rules, things you do.
Speaker 4: You don't do.
Speaker 3: It's it's cool because there's just a lot of things that in football. It's like cut it's like the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well the NBA players are now like almost too fashionable when they're coming in and like I'm like, it's like, it's not a runway. You're going to play a fucking sport, you know. Like I see guys coming in and like furry Gucci, like you know, those those sandal things or whatever, and I'm like, you're supposed to be the tough guy in the team, right, Yeah, I want to see a guy coming in like Tims or something.
Speaker 3: It has like boxing gloves on. Yeah, like a Mike Tyson outfit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It does just feel like everybody's trying to go viral for some fashion thing pre game.
Speaker 1: And don't look at like they look but that one on the leg just wentn't shorts. That's fine, But like I mean, what is this ship on the right? What is he wearing?
Speaker 4: Right, It's like you giant.
Speaker 3: The nuts. I don't know how tall that cat is, but he looks like he's like I think, yeah, I mean, what will you find a shirt that long? That's so inconvenient. Inconvenient, dude, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: He looks like a condom.
Speaker 4: He looks like one of them car dealership balloon that just flable tubes.
Speaker 3: It is nuts. I mean, what the fuck. That's like a Freddy Krueger vibe right there.
Speaker 1: That's actually yeah. But you look at how hardy, like that's the thing is like it's supposed to be. That's sobaca right. He's he's also like a beautiful looking man. He looks like sculpted, you know, but.
Speaker 4: He's looking body.
Speaker 3: I know nothing about basketball. I don't know about it, but if you're wearing that's a nun outfit. That or some ship when the skirts get involved, like even Dion Dawkins, you see him at the s PS, he's a tack for the bills. He was rocking like a skirt. Yeah, and that's scarf, dude, it's a sixty five year old woman three weeks to knit. That thing is wild.
Speaker 1: I was reading the Agasy book. It's so fucking funny. I mean, but there's you know, he was like an angry kid. He's a rebel, and there's you know, it's like a fuck you to his dad and everyone this at this camp, he's like fucking up dudes and tournaments with mats scara and like a pink mohawk on. It's like a fuck you to them, and in front of the whole camp, the guys like, you want to fucking play like that, I'm putting a dress on you next game. Like that's how they shamed him. Really, I'm like, he's halfway there and I don't think he's gonna give a shit.
Speaker 3: Now. That's a look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of aw it's a hair bits fake though the hair's not real. No, he was wearing a hair piece there, tennis guy. That was like that was the big deal. Like come that was even before like coming out as gay as a baby. That's like coming out his bold.
Speaker 3: That was out there. Yeah, there was a big fight in the seventies and eighties about being bald.
Speaker 12: Huh.
Speaker 3: That's when Combover's right, the strongest they've ever been.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you have to be like a strong ball guy like Kojak or something. You have to be like a badass, Oh guy.
Speaker 4: You know, being bald was like an embarrassing thing because look at all the old guys. Now they try so hard just to take their little wisps of That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now there's so many treatments you could do, or you could just be like, look at Statham. He looks so fucking cool. But you gotta hope that you have the right shape.
Speaker 3: He's got a good shit head. That is what it's all about. Heard the backstory in this guy. He had like a crazy criminal record before he got an acting Really, that's like, that's literally me just saying shit out of my ass right now for the sake of this podcast. But I do believe he had himself a little bit of a criminal background. But I yeah, I think now, if you're able to put a couple of coins in your pocket and you start to go bald, why not Yeah, why not just go put in your pocket?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that real? Oh?
Speaker 4: That's for sure real, that's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if that was your actual munk shot. I mean, that's you gotta be the proudest you've ever been in your entire life.
Speaker 1: It looks cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does look cool.
Speaker 1: He's got a strong bag.
Speaker 3: His back is nuts.
Speaker 1: That's like afflic in the town.
Speaker 3: Now we're getting the sports talk, dude. Nothing like dudes just admiring.
Speaker 1: I'm strong enough, my am I secure enough of my sexuality. I can I can admire dude's back.
Speaker 3: No question.
Speaker 4: You kind of have to. Like, yes, being in the locker room and just seeing cats, it's like Derrick Henry. You kind of just admire him as they.
Speaker 3: Well, man, I wish I had half that peace.
Speaker 4: You're a little more proud of yourself, Like how do I do it? Like this slam the door? Why you got to bring up.
Speaker 3: These dudes that are specimens? Look at this man right here? Low key not.
Speaker 4: Bad will It's not terrible.
Speaker 7: No, it's not terrible at all.
Speaker 3: You got a strong back, kid, Thank you.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: You do take a lot of pride d one back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: Would you say your best feature is physically when you look in the mirror and you're like this sucks, this sucks, But I'm proud of this. What is that? What are you proud of?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: No, don't airline.
Speaker 3: You have a strong hair.
Speaker 1: I guess that's it.
Speaker 4: Good beard.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys are else.
Speaker 3: We got going on. Here, take your shirt off, dude, boy up.
Speaker 4: I start checking out his legacy. He's got the tear drops going on with his knee.
Speaker 1: No, I'm fucking oh, that's a rough one. I was trying to That was during COVID spiraling in California. I was like, let me do a let me do a Kenny Powers type.
Speaker 3: The American flag is kind of nice, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are a dark time.
Speaker 4: We interrupt this episode to bring you DraftKings. Have you been hungry for some college football? Well we finally get a taste this weekend. Don't miss any of the action. Jump in at DraftKings Sports Book. Let me say it again, don't miss any of the action. Jump in at DraftKings Sports Book. It is a small but mighty slate of games for a week zero, including a big matchup in Ireland. It's super easy for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like a like picking a team to win. Go to DraftKings sports Book app, select your team and place your first bet. This is going to be Draft Kings biggest college football season a date. Enjoy the ride now all the way through the expanded playoffs and for all newbies getting into the college spirit. Here's something extra special for you. New DraftKings customers. Bet five dollars to get two hundred in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings all college football season long. Download the DraftKings Sports Book aapp now and use code bus. That's code Bus for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Back to the episode, it seems like you're blowing up in the comedy world right now.
Speaker 1: If you say, some man, it seems like it. Yeah, I mean it's hard to tell, you know. I remove myself a lot from it, but like, yeah, you just want to All I want is to go to clubs or theaters on the road and people show up, because like, it's so fucking hard to write without h having your people there. That's what you do for years, where you're like, all right, they give you a flat fee, you show up, and the whole time they're like, you got to prove your funny. There's this Davittel said on Conan from back in the day that I always think of where first joke hits and he goes, I've proven I'm funny. Yeah, I'm just like, oh, that's so fucking real.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Just the anxiety of all that is that the biggest fear when you're going up is just the bomb or you are you not? I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't give a shit. I feel bad for the audience more than I do for me. Like, if it's bad, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, have you re publicly apologized.
Speaker 1: I've said, like, I don't apologize because it's like it's like going on a date that's bad, where you're like, I'm just gonna apologize. You're like, well this isn't working, you know. So I've definitely I'll let them know that I'm sometimes where I'm like, I know this is going badly, Like I've seen comics like, just pretend it's going well and power through. I will. I will say, I just want you to know I'm good enough to know that this is bad. Yeah, I want you to know that I'm not shitty and on air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so start seeing the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh they know. I had a weird one a week ago. I bombed three straight. It was weird. That really never happens to me anymore. I did three in a night. It was at the stand in They're upstairs room, and it just didn't connect. And then I was like, man, that was rusty. And I saw Colin Quinn at the cellar. He's like, they fucking stink, and I was like, shit, all right, yes, but I was like, in your head, you're like, I'll get them, you know, there's that ego. And I went up and I fucking ate it. And then there was a third one and they were good, but I was just kind of rattled and I and I sucked.
Speaker 3: And I was like, man, have you living in the past? You want to get to the next play?
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, I was thinking about it, and I'm doing all new ship. I'm not in the special when I'm at the cellar, so I'm like really trying to and it's tough, tough because you're trying. I'm trying to hone like a seven minute holocaust chunk right now, and it's hard to work out in a fifteen minute. Said I need a build in that. You know that good will, But you're funny.
Speaker 3: You're just taking half the time talk about genocide. Yeah, that's but it's funny waters there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, look it's those are jokes you got to earn. As they say, it's tough to come out and be like I've tried a couple of times. You get that you're like, let me see if I can dig myself a hole and dig out of it. So I've definitely been like I was watching that Hitler doc. I like, open my set that and they're just like nope, and then you're like, what's gonna be a rough seven minutes, and then you're like, let's see if I can dig out of this.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of comics that are just like great people talk about Lewis c k about like essentially coming in the room and purposely losing the crowd just to get him back, like some crazy stuff. The other people you watch and kind of like train yourself on like get out of GEO free card comments.
Speaker 1: I always respected how he would do that. I mean he would definitely. I mean he opened a special with like an N word bit, which I was like, that's fucking pretty dicey. Yeah, anybody, but I thought.
Speaker 3: No chance, no shot. No, he is incredible, not the things he's done off the stand, but definitely hell of a comedian.
Speaker 1: Oh hell. One of the best comedians of all time?
Speaker 3: Would you would he be on your Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 1: The Mount Rushmore shit's tricky, but yeah, I think he's.
Speaker 3: It's a fun game to play though.
Speaker 4: These were some of those guys before you got into This is such.
Speaker 1: Sports talk though sports people always it's like the greatest, but it's like it's entertainment. I think it's different, Like I could do a mount Rushmore in sports, but Burr is phenomenal to Yeah, they're two of the best ever.
Speaker 4: Who are the guys that were inspiring you to get into it and kind of stick with it, be like, yo, this is this is the lane I want to be no matter how much I'm bombing right now or handing out flyers like I'll you'll figure it out at some point.
Speaker 1: Bill Burr was one of them for sure. Louis like I saw Bill. David tel was incredible rock, you know, kind of all the classics. You know. I love Ridney Dangerfield, he fucking killed me. Back to School is like my go to when I'm like feeling low, I'm like, let me watch Back to School. It's like you can't be in a bad mood. Every character in that movie serves to just set up his jokes, but like his wife will be like, you're impossible. He's like, oh yeah, and you're easy. You know. I love comedy like that. We're just every character is just like setting him up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just serving on a silver platter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is kind of your north star? Like you having a special now? Like what when you look at your five ten years? Like, what is your north star?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 1: I'm doing it. That's the thing. It's like, you know, like what do you when people say to you? Guys? I guess sports is different because you're like, I want a super Bowl or something. But like, don't you feel when you make the NFL You're like, fuck, I'm I'm I just want to work. I just want to be continuing to work. Because you feel that.
Speaker 4: Way, and then you read some comments, you're like fuck, I can honestly say I kind of change the narrative right now.
Speaker 1: Really, you guys, you look at the comments.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, it's tough not to me that Twitter search bar, that's the you search it.
Speaker 1: I'll have I don't do that. I'll see the ads, but yeah, I would never search my name.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: I've said this story before, but I remember playing on Thanksgivings missing two tackles on the first drave stories old Elliott, Yeah, story as old as time. And all I was thinking about on the bench is like how people are just trashing me right now because sometime times after a game, you like quote your name and write in your name the super people be like, yeah, I had a pretty solid game. Like let's see if everybody else thought the same thing, and it's like, oh fuck, they don't. And it would just like be in your head mentally, because you wouldn't be separating yourself from like, you know, just watching film and you know, knowing what you do, knowing what the coaches are saying and everybody else, and just understanding what your job is. You're like you start to get consumed by what people think of you. It's a very slippery slope.
Speaker 1: And that's that's the danger, right because like super looking for validation in this unhealthy place. Why am I looking here for this shit?
Speaker 3: It's a sickness, dude, You're just looking for all like, hey, I hope everybody loves me in this moment. You'll see nine comments that are like you're the best or whatever the comment, but the ones like this guy fucking sucks and you're like, man, do I am? I? Actually that better?
Speaker 1: Some of those guys are fans too of yours.
Speaker 3: No question, there's been. There's been multiple times when I was playing that you would someone would say something nasty and then you would comment back to them like, Oh, I just want to see if you respond.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a weird deal. It makes me think a lot about like anybody in the entertainment industry before the Internet, and it was life easier because obviously now people get exposure, way more people are able to see you, learn about you, become fans of you. But also the hate comes in floods, Like I wonder if Jordan ever like grab the newspaper and was like reading through all the.
Speaker 1: Time as this whole doc is, like she would literally make up shit to get angry about.
Speaker 3: That was a bad example. That was a bad example, guy Michael Jordan's Yeah, he's the only person I know before the Internet. It is a wild deal. It's hard, man, It's hard not to feed it, feed that side of you that's like it just wants a validation. You're like, please tell me I'm good enough.
Speaker 1: Yes, we I mean, but also you know, you're working. That's what you got here because do the right people believe in me. That's that's the thing, right, And we all do it like it's a moment of weakness. Did they nail the one thing that I think about myself like are they fucking on it? And every once in a while you're like, yeah, they got it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's all right.
Speaker 1: You know, like you just can't. You just can't live there, man, Like moments of weakness of one thing. But if you if you live in that place, you're it's just yeah, this social media ship, it's it's amazing. Like we're adults, like, think about what this does to kids? Right, And they do studies, like Facebook does studies where they're like, wow, this is really bad and they're like we're going to keep doing it, but a lot of money. We said we did that, we did the study. Yeah, that's how they do it.
Speaker 3: It is a great mindset when you say, like what's your north star? You ask what the north stars and you're like, I'm doing it right now, stands up. Fantastic mind.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be able to sell out comedy club weekends, you know, that was it. I was like, can I sell out comedy clubs, and and then you know, last year was a theater tour and I was like, I don't have any desire to get to arenas. I mean like that, I'm good here. This is a great area. I don't particularly like. If I got there, fine, but I have no desire. I don't really like arena comedy. I like it in theaters. I like it because there's theaters where it still feels intimate, even up to like two thousand yea or more.
Speaker 4: But uh, but then you get in an arena one day.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I wouldn't take it. I'm just saying I'm good, you know, which.
Speaker 4: Is a good thing too, because it shows that you're more in line with worrying about what your craft is and what you enjoy about it, versus thinking, I gotta get to this next thing. I gotta get to this next thing.
Speaker 8: To me.
Speaker 4: That's where you get caught up and trying to find the validation everywhere else because you're so hungry to chase this ambition. You don't know if if the pulse of it is is trending with you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: You just gotta stay. No, you just have to stay you know, it totally made sense. You have to stay loving what you do, like you see these guys. I remember hearing a Michael Jordan quote once which someone asked him how did you become the best, and they all thought he was gonna be like, I worked harder than everybody. But the quote was I learned to love the shitty parts. And I was like, wow, that's a kind of beautiful. I heard that. I was like, I'm gonna I'm going to roll in the morning TV, in morning radio, and I'm going to like really try, I'm gonna pretend I love this ship. Yeah, it's got to be like the gym for you guys.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like, yeah, I was just I was just talking the other day. It's like part of you. As the season gets closer, you start to miss the certain things of the ball. But also it's like all the shitty parts that come with, like feeling the heat outside, imagining training, going out in training, camp, trapping up with the boys. Yes, they started six days. That's just because you even imagine doing that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean when we were down, we went down to u of A for the Barstool Bowl, and it was wyoming versus Toledo and just watching guys warm up, I'm like, how the fuck did I ever do something? And the farther you get away from it, you're like, that's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's almost as grooming as living in Toledo. Yeah, that's a rough fucking city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Toledo's got a lot of them Confederate flags rocking out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been to Toledo a couple of times. Those boys, they think they're in the South or something. It is wild.
Speaker 1: Oh it's uh yeah. I did some rough weekends. They're coming up. I remember like different, I closed one club there. I remember like a guy drove me the airport and my manager at the time was like, did you cash the check? And I was like, I'm at the fucking airport and he goes, uh, cash it. Immediately. I was like, I'm at the airport. What do you mean. He's like the club just closed. I'm like like right now, and he's like yeah, he's like, you closed the club. I'm like all right, wait, so I had to like land and run. It was a Sunday thing. I had to wait till Monday or whatever. But like, yeah, the club closed, did.
Speaker 3: You get a cashed?
Speaker 1: I got it, but I've been stiffed before you. Yeah, I did a gig in a Atlantic city, of all places, where it's like that's what you expect to get stiffed in Atlantic City. But yeah, I just filled my half hour special for Comedy Central. I think it was twenty fifteen, and uh, I was doing a week in ac and it was like not crazy money, but at the time, you're like, this would be nice to have. And uh it was one of those gigs where they're like you're playing the casino, but like we got you a different place to stay, Like that's how fucking insignificant.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were.
Speaker 1: So I remember going like drunk to the We were on the boardwalk, but it was kind of like a shitty set apartment. It looked like we're like a just like a p I would stay and I came in like loaded one night after one of the sets, and I just remember looking to Cockroad, stomping it out and then just passing out on the It's all a bad omen for the week. And I was paired with two other comics. It was like three comics headline, and one of them was like a degenerate sports gambler in the summer. It's just betting on every baseball game.
Speaker 4: And I did.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: We didn't speak much in the green room, but all i'd he would be like, can't catch a fucking break. Every time he looked at his phone, just losing. He was like, the fucking Tigers. I'm like, you're betting on regular season baseball, dude, what do you expect? Like these games are insignificant, you know, so we uh, yeah, we do the full week. And I remember at the end the end, my agent at the time was like, yeah, they didn't they didn't have the money. And I was like, what do you mean. He's like, yeah, they don't. You're not gonna get paid. I was like, that's fucking I just was here for a week.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you had you had to fire that agent.
Speaker 1: Of course he had to go, you like, do.
Speaker 3: The gig and he's like, oh, they don't have the money to pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. His whole thing was like he owes other people way more money. I'm like, that's not the comforting words I was really looking for.
Speaker 3: But well, you put a judgment on this guy.
Speaker 1: Guy disappeared. Oh the agent, No, the the.
Speaker 3: Guy who yeah together there, Yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 4: What are some of your favorite places to play?
Speaker 1: Favorite cities? I mean, dude, I like it. I mean I did the Rhyme in here last year. That was gorgeous. That's like iconic. The More in Seattle is a pretty beautiful theater. I just thought Bill Burr film the Special there. I was like, yeah, that's I was thinking about filming there. I think it's like beautiful. The Wilburn, Boston, it's a myth where I take my special. I love it. It's just like so classic.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I love New York, so like, you know, wherever, but I'm I'm oh. The Majestic in Dallas was pretty fucking cool. The Majestic that was beautiful, dude. Honestly, everywhere I was last year and the theaters was sick. But yeah, I mean any city is cool for a night. That's the other thing too, like, uh, yeah, it's beautiful. Look at that. It's like just classic.
Speaker 3: Looks at that place.
Speaker 1: Notre Dame. Oh the fucking Chicago theater, dude, is that? Yeah, that's a great one, Chicago.
Speaker 3: The one I'm talking about. You know what, there's one in Notre Dame that I went to. It looks very similar to that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you notice a difference where you're at in the country. What jokes hitting what don't?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: Really, they're my crowd. I mean now, it's pretty consistent. Like I'm also not making like these crazy political statements in my act. If I talk politics at all or social commentary, I'm like, this better be funny, whether your pro life or pro choice. I kind of want everyone to laugh at it. Yeah, yeah, I'm not. I'm not asking you to pick a side with my jokes. Although some people will hear like a dead baby joke and they're like you motherfucker, But I'm like, no, it's just it's fun. It's a fun dead baby joke.
Speaker 3: It's a fun dead baby joke.
Speaker 1: They exist.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of dead baby jokes in this special. I couldn't. I can't help it. Like you're like, I shouldn't write, dude. That's the problem is like I tell myself not to write dark jokes, but then you're just sitting alone in a room and you start laughing yourself and you're like, why the fuck these are these the jokes that pop into my head? You know, Like everything that's popping into my head is like a dead baby joke or like you know, as I said, like Hitler jokes, like they just keep they keep making me laugh because they're so that's what makes me laugh. Something so bad that it's funny, you know, I mean dead baby jokes. I did a I had a joke. The one joke that got me like death threats for real was I did a joke about a baby that got eaten by an alligator at Disney And immediately I was like, let me try a joke about this, you know, uh. And I was at the cellar and I I opened my being like, man, I don't want to come off like a gun nup, but I think that that baby was armed, he'd still be with us. And a woman stands up like, fuck you, you piece of shit, and I'm just like, all right, this is weird, so let me let me roll with this. So I'm just messing with her at this point, like did you even watch the baby's funeral on TV? In my head, I'm like, and she's like, oh I didn't. I'm like, you think they televised baby funerals? I'm clearly messy with her. I said, well, if you did, you would have seen the mom come on through tears and say see you later, alligator, and and she just was like horrified and ran out screaming, wrote along. She wrote a long email to the comedy seller, which they made the mistake of sending to me. And then I just turned into a whole fucking like eight minute chunk that I put in a Comedy Central hour special. And Comedy Center when I put it out, was like, you have to say before this bit that we don't condone this, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, you had to say, Comedy Central does not condone this next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I said something along the lines of like Comedy Center wanted me to say that this is not funny. Me, on the other hand, I think it works, So it's like something like that. And then, uh, it was like an eight minute bit. And legally they were like worried that they were gonna get sued because it was a real story, but I was the bit wasn't about the baby. It was just that opening joke was about the baby, and then everything else is about the woman complaining. But I got like, I still got messages like I hope you every once in a while would like get reshared and go viral, and I would just get like you motherfucker.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh fucker.
Speaker 1: We go like we hope you fucking die, and I'm like, well, I'm not going to Disney, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like although we did.
Speaker 1: We did go surfing with Bert on his fully loaded tour, and I kept thinking, like, if I get eating by an alligator, that bit's gonna go viral again.
Speaker 3: Yeah said the motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whow How fun is that fully loaded toward? It seems like he does it up right.
Speaker 1: It's probably the best tour I've ever been a part of. It was like insane. I mean we're playing like pick up basketball. One day he brings a trainer, he brings a cold plunge. So it's like hard living at night. And then every day you're just like he's like, hey, you guys want to do a weightlifting and batting practice at the minor league stadium. I'm like, fuck, yes, this sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. Bird is the life of the party. We we do like a beer Olympics every year the last three years. And two years ago he came and he he looked rough, like he couldn't get his ring off his finger. He was looking all red. Yeah, he had that trt like skin tone. And this year he comes back, he looks way better, way more put together. I love his energy is all time. I can't believe he does it.
Speaker 1: Twenty four sevens.
Speaker 3: He really doesn't slow down.
Speaker 1: He's a real life Homer Simpson. If that's a good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is a big fan of him.
Speaker 4: If you could build out let's just say you're headlining a tour, you can build out your act any way you want and everybody's available. What three acts would you take with?
Speaker 1: Would I bring?
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn, that's tough.
Speaker 1: I gotta bring Norman.
Speaker 4: Why did you say like that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Because I mean we're just like we have because I'm because I'm thinking about who I'm eliminating. That's not who I'm bringing. Stavros. I like, I don't see him enough. I can't get him out of his house.
Speaker 3: What's his vot? Because he seems hilarious. I'm a fan of his.
Speaker 1: He's the best. I mean he's yeah, I mean, there's nothing not He's hilarious. He's like a fat poon hound. I love him.
Speaker 3: I mean he's got the perfect look with that mustache and the hair trailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the man.
Speaker 4: Anytime A Ravens games happen anytime.
Speaker 3: Raven He did the schedule release for the Ravens.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was part of a schedule release thing for the Cowboys. They just asked me to do it and I was like, I was like, no, I'm a Giants fan that like Eli is doing it, and I was like, all right, I'll do it. And then it was just like post Malone, like they call you and it's just post Malone and a bunch of other like it was like the mascot and they just like stare at you and don't say a word, and it was just me being like what the fuck? And that was what they used. I was like, yeah, I thought you can let me say something like witty. They're like, no, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: That's perfect, good job. They hang up the phone text to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, he crushed it with that. That schedule reveal was awesome. And yeah, so that's two. I don't know for the last one, anyone, I feel weird saying like an elder statesman, So I'll probably bring another guy who's like in my class comedically, maybe like Joe List or something like that.
Speaker 3: Joe List, I don't know. If he's a beast.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's a really good show right there. Not a lot of diversity, but.
Speaker 4: Your target audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: You know what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to see yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where am I? I? Oh there, I am M.
Speaker 3: I got PFT in it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, great cameo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quick cameo.
Speaker 3: A lot of fans got Cowboy fans too. That must have been good for the juice.
Speaker 1: Oh man, hate the Cowboys, hate the Cowboys, and like Eagles of the two ones Eagles, it hurts more than because they're actually good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't believe.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 1: They did, But I believe I believe in Hurts way more than I believe in Dak Why do you say that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think he first off, he made he's made a super Bowl, you know. Yeah, I just I just trust him more with the ball. He's just a fucking I think he's a he's a beast. And also, they have so many weapons on Philly that I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say, I feel like Hurts is just surrounded by a lot more. We're not saying Hurts isn't a good player. I think he's a really good player. But I feel like Dak does more with less.
Speaker 3: That's fair, he does more with less, And I think it's a coaching issue too. And at the Cowboys situational the situational ball is just horrendous. Yeah, a couple of years ago in the playoffs, we bring up I bring up this all time, but they ran like a draw at the end of the game. They don't get in the ball and the ref doesn't spot it fast enough.
Speaker 4: Trying.
Speaker 3: It just seems like when there's like a little time in the clock, they're throwing it over the middle with no timeouts, not playing the sidelines at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not They're not getting the best out of what they have either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they had The Cowboys do have studs in their defense there. They always have a good defense or big names on defense.
Speaker 1: My god, the what's his name?
Speaker 3: I don't know why I'm pon Parsons.
Speaker 1: He's one of the most unbelievable players have ever I know.
Speaker 3: I did not expect that.
Speaker 1: In the him and Watson together, thinking CJ. Watson the basketball player. Yeah, No, Strauss and Parsons together a whole area.
Speaker 4: The back and.
Speaker 3: Forth is really good Lamb isn't ferguson the tight end. Yeah, he's a stud, he's a study. Their offensive line is always really good. I'm interested to see what the Eagles do this year without Jason Kelce because the center. Having a good center is a huge move. But having a good center with that type of leadership, that is going to be a devastating blow for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would so sad watching him walk off the field, Like, I know he had a great career, but it's like, man, it was like I'm not I'm not an Eagles fan, but I was like, man, that guy just seems like pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and good for the game.
Speaker 1: You gotta like players, like.
Speaker 4: It's a good way to put those iconic speeches, whether you get the inside look when he's talking to the team doing a team meeting, or that iconic uh super Bowl speech that he had after where he's wearing the whole fit.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. He had like a w W promo Hungry Dogs, Run Run Faster.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because it's just a football town Philly, Like they have other teams, but like you go to a restaurant there, they like handy the check and they're like go birds you really. Yeah, it's a football town, man, They're they're a legit football town.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Even playing him in preseason you like run out and they're all booing you. It's the playoffs or something like that. It's like stars are playing three snaps. This game will be it's.
Speaker 4: The most hostile environment to play that number one thing. I think so, Yeah, and too Buffalo probably. Do you think Buffalo's hostile?
Speaker 3: Who else? I do I think Buffalo's hostile? Yeah, I'm trying to think of no one on the West coast. Well, Cleveland, Cleveland's pretty hostile. Yeah, no, but Seattle's loud. I don't think they're like aggressive towards the players, but I think Cleveland. I'm trying to think who else.
Speaker 1: Deshaun Watson's going to start again this year.
Speaker 4: It seems like you're right. I think so they paid him all that fucking money.
Speaker 1: That was so cool when Flac was oud.
Speaker 3: That was the Ravens. Yeah, Ravens are a hostile Yeah.
Speaker 14: Baltimore they take after they always have a nasty d and and uh, like I remember all those years of Ray Lewis and Ed Reid and.
Speaker 1: And Sarah Goosa, remember, like, yeah, they were always such a nasty defense. I remember that year they beat the Giants with two thousand and two thousand and one. Just an embarrassing super Bowl. It's like forty one to seven or something, right. I remember we had the one Ron Dixon run back and I was like, that's all we got a special teams touchdown and we couldn't do shit.
Speaker 3: Ray Lewis is.
Speaker 4: Just like he was the MVP.
Speaker 1: He's a beast, he's a scary individual.
Speaker 3: Sugs too. Man. He was just built different. I played in my rookie year and he just handled me like a child for four quarters. It was just tough, strong, quick, sturdy, sturdy. That boy had an ass on him. Yeah you put water down, yeah, on the top of it. Would just sit there, no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I kind of I wanted them to get over the hump last year. You know. It was just like a guy who would know real team in that in that game, I was kind of mooting for Jackson to get over the hump.
Speaker 3: Really a little.
Speaker 1: I mean, Mahomes is incredible, but like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wanted the Niners to win.
Speaker 4: I was so just because Lamar also gets so much hate that it's like, okay, you get to the playoffs, he's gonna lose. And I do feel like they always have incredible regular seasons and they just can't, for whatever reason, put it together in the playoffs, and everybody tries a fingerpoint that it's somewhere. So I kind of like root for him too, and trying to get over that home.
Speaker 1: Well, just why did he have to Why did he have to prove himself so many times? And Rison just gets that fucking bag. I hated that, but yeah, I thought, I think the Niners are a really cool team. I like that kid Purty. I feel like he doesn't get his his He didn't. Now people know he's really good, but I feel like for a long time they like.
Speaker 3: People out there saying he wasn't that good.
Speaker 1: He's stud I saw you said that too.
Speaker 3: Did you pick that up? Yeah, So people out there were saying I was just a messenger, but I actually publicly two Brock's face apologized I.
Speaker 1: Love that you did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because it was that was a backlash. We got some boys in the Niners too that were like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Christian McCaffery was like, we talk about you trying to be TMZ or something. Like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, you were fucking your two dudes talking to the podcast. That's the problem is, like you talk enough, you're gonna start saying some ship.
Speaker 3: Saying some ship. And all my quarterback takes are wrong. Really, I think everyone I've had.
Speaker 4: Who else were you wrong about?
Speaker 3: There was Brock and then I did something else.
Speaker 4: I forget who it was, but that's more of an Ohio state thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, is the only House state quarterback to ever do?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think about Daniel Jones?
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm not in the the Giants world enough, but just being on the outside looking in, like you let go somebody like Saquon, you're paying somebody. It seems like you're very much overpaying somebody like Daniel Jones. Oh yeah, way too many excuses for him.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's got He does not look scary.
Speaker 4: But if I had to play devils that he does not? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that really the face here? Like that guy's gonna beat us, He's coming to town?
Speaker 3: This weough.
Speaker 1: I guess Eli did not look like that dude either. He is physically you know, he can run, and but like he it's weird because all the stereotypes. People will say, like a black quarterback. I feel like that's true about Daniel Jones with like he can just run, that's it.
Speaker 3: Just a good athlete. Yeah, play some you know, some shorter passes. Got that down, But we can't hit a long ball.
Speaker 4: It does seem like your line has been eviscerated.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: Last year, I had to like turn the games off half the time, so I'm like, I can't watch this. It's like it just feels you know that scene in Casino Royale where they're just like throwing the ship in the Daniel in Daniel Craig's nuts for like, and you're like, this is fucking That's what it felt like watching him last year is like they're just hammering him and it was like he of course he got injured. Thank god he got injured. It was like it was embarrassing. And then fucking Tommy Cutlets, this is what I have to watch. It was like a punchline. I'm like, I have to watch like an SNL character. If I ever see this ship again, I'm gonna kill myself. I'll watched the ship on the Sopranos. I don't want to see it. That fucking agent too. That guy was such a clown. He just looks like like.
Speaker 4: He's himself sucking agent.
Speaker 3: I hate.
Speaker 1: You don't want an agent like that. You don't want to It's like LeVar Ball, remember that guy.
Speaker 3: No, you don't want you.
Speaker 1: You don't want that guy to be taking all the pressure. You don't want him to take a the attention. And look at this guy.
Speaker 4: He wants it though. It's like he has He's written books, he's always trying.
Speaker 1: And Italians. Yeah, and fucking I mean, I don't what is it you clearly he's not You're not gonna have money left. No, dude's spending your money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that wired didn't come through.
Speaker 3: You know, I see twenty percent fee when it should be three percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the quarterback the Vito got uh, he was getting shipped on because he ended up charging some local spot higher than he usually does. Right, But that was because of his agent trying to market the price. I think they were doing some signing right back and then like I'm gonna do free correct. Yeah, but he was getting shamed at a spot that he usually goes to.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it right. Coniglios a pizza restaurant in Morristown. Yeah, you can't fuck the people of Morristown. That is the funny thing about uh about the Giants. So they're like, don't you want to play in New York And you're like, it's Jersey, dude, yeah, we all they all live in Jersey.
Speaker 3: Know that is crazy because you do sell it as like you you know, New York in the city.
Speaker 1: I hate going to games. I don't want to get in the fucking bus and then you take the train back with all these just pissed, drunk goofballs. I'm like, I hate it. I hate going to games.
Speaker 3: Do you so you're not a big go to games guy?
Speaker 1: I used to go? Yeah, I'd rather watch it. I'm like Sunday, it's so much nicer to just have old Sunday at home and just eat out.
Speaker 3: The idea of going somewhere is great, but the minute the event ends, you're like, why the fuck did I do this?
Speaker 1: I wanted to see the stones that met life, and then I was like looking at ways to get there, and I was like, I guess I'm just never going to see the stones. I'm good. The travel just makes you just, you know, miserable. I don't and I'm all down for the story, but like, what's the story? Some fucking drunk guy puked on the train ride back. It's not a good story. I was at I was at a game. My friend's dad somehow got tickets. Were like last row of the stadium. But it was Giant Ants versus the Vikings NFC Championship. Kerry Collins just went on a heater and just started lighting up. It was like forty one nothing Giants one and I was in the nosebleach for that. I was like, man, that was pretty fucking cool to be there. That's awesome. I kill you just owning dudes. And uh oh, I love the Monti tumor. I loved that. Those those receivers are pretty damn fun.
Speaker 4: That's did you enjoy plexco Buris?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: I loved the gun.
Speaker 4: And go off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but before that he won as the super Bowl. That was the coolest catch ever.
Speaker 3: Wait what happened there? He shot himself?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think he like you think the safety wasn't on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, safety wasn't on. He accidentally pulled the trigger. I think he's maybe getting in or out of a vehicle. Oh, he was in a bar. Show it off.
Speaker 1: I think it was in sweatpants, and I think all of it was like a dude. All of it was like a dude who doesn't know how to handle a gun. Yeah, like you should not be doing You gotta gotta know how to use a gun. But man, that catch was fucking I did not think the Giants were going to win that Super Bowl. I going in, I was like maybe because once everyone picks the Patriots in the pregame, You're like, maybe we are gonna win. Like once everyone's so certain, because I knew the defense was sick. But then uh, once Brady squed that final touchdown, I was like, fuck, I think that's my friends and I just poured some shots of whiskey and we downed him. Were like, we're fucking toast. That's it. And then Eli did that David Tyreek catch, which is unbelievable, not just the catch, but to get loose to throw it right, all of it. Rodney Harrison tackles him in the air. Guy who still probably feeling the effects of performance enhancing drugs. I love that he just cheats and they're like, you can come back in five weeks or whatever it was. He still got the fucking strength Yeah, he still got the strength, he still got the juice in him. Man, I hated him, but.
Speaker 4: You also I remember this because I feel like I don't know how it was up in the Northeast, but it felt like the Giants were more of like America's team, like wanting to take down the juggernaut of the Patriots, because everybody, like in the Midwest, if you were like a Patriots Day and you just fucking hate him because you're like you're just a front runner, You're ready for somebody to take him down because you don't want him to have a perfect season. Everybody was rooting for, screaming hard for theo.
Speaker 1: How about those fuckers who grow up who are like, They're like, who are your favorite teams? The Yankees, the Dolphins, like the Chicago Bulls.
Speaker 4: You're like, what his favorite teams are? The Chiefs, Ohio State Yankees.
Speaker 6: Right, I don't like baseball, basketball or hockey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the of those sports, if you were to pick teams, they would be the teams that won last. Like he grew up, Yeah, who just got a bunch of good players and they're actually going to be really good this year.
Speaker 6: They haven't played a game yet this.
Speaker 3: Year, they're gonna be really good.
Speaker 4: But he grows he's not a Philly fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a Penn State guy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's tough because I have a friend like that. He was like a he was he grew up in the Bay Area and he's like he was like a Kobe Shack Lakers fan, and then he just started rooting for the Warriors. I'm like, so, you just don't know pain life because you don't. Actually, I mean part of it to journey and you get to feel the highs and lows with these teams you get behind like that. There's no there's no joy without the suffering. That's what being a real sports fan is. I mean, people would make fun of me for being a Knicks fan, so, you know, hardcore, but I best memories of my life because it's not always about a championship. It's about being a fan, you know, It's about following that team, and like the nineties Knicks where they were just fucking badasses and Ewing and Oakley and Starks.
Speaker 3: Dude, I grew up in the world of fair weather fans. I grew up in Arizona and that might be the most fair weather fans state of all time.
Speaker 1: But that's why because you had like an awesome Suns team growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but everyone like the Suns and then worked good and then people dipped and then what oh one Diamondbacks when the World Series, all of a sudden, everyone's wearing diamondback hats.
Speaker 1: I like that World Series that was you can shaw us all that? Oh my god, that made me miserable because I thought the Yankees were going to steal it Young Hung Kim. This motherfucker just keeps giving us meatballs. I'm like, are we just gonna keep rattling this guy? I mean, it's crazy. I remember the Yankees had that guy from Japan, Hadeki Rabu, and he hung himself because of the pressure in New York. I'm like, this is like some ancient samurai himself.
Speaker 3: He killed himself, just bringing disgrace to his family.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, I'm sorry, mister Steinbrenner. No, he hung himself.
Speaker 3: It is a fair Weather fans statement.
Speaker 4: It is crazy.
Speaker 3: All the pain you're talking about. I just don't I don't know. I don't really watch sports growing up at all.
Speaker 1: Really, that's crazy to me that you a professional athlete and you didn't watch it because there are comics growing up who are just like, yeah, I never watched comedy. I'm like, you don't have like no, you have no back or you just like telling jokes. It was crazy to me, like they I talked to comics, you like didn't know who Richard Pryor was or Chris They didn't know any Chris Rocks jokes or like you know, David Tell And I'm like, you don't know.
Speaker 3: These guys and they just do comedy sus some of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of my friends, well, I'm actually like writing a show with was just like, don't like comedy. I like The Simpsons and South Park, Like he just like shows. He didn't like stand up, but he was a fucking great stand up.
Speaker 3: He still is the whole Simpsons thing. I don't understand why it's so popular, Like I know, really an epic show, but like when I watch it, I'm entertained, but I'm not laughing, like laughing my ass off.
Speaker 1: Not even from like the first ten seasons.
Speaker 3: The first time season, how long ago was that?
Speaker 4: That's what I mean though, But it would always come on right after what Sunday night football?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like that's that's where if we the podcast, I wasn't watching Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. It just felt like, you know the thing, I know, my old man like Sunday night football get done, Simpsons coming around and you're just sitting around the couch.
Speaker 1: Simpsons was great.
Speaker 6: I mean it was.
Speaker 1: The first ten seasons are like, my.
Speaker 3: Wife is obsessed with it. I just it's it's a good show.
Speaker 1: It's been on for too long.
Speaker 3: It's been out for a long time, but that's awesome. It's been out and they they what they're calling the future.
Speaker 1: Certain things you gotta let die, though. I think it's crazy to have a show going for thirty five years with the same cast. You run out of shit to do.
Speaker 4: I mean south Park.
Speaker 1: South Park is true in twenty five years, but they are at least doing other stuff too, you know.
Speaker 3: It seems like they're and I don't know, a whole lot. I do love South Park. I think it's really funny. They've been coming out with like our shows right and then kind of going over what's happened in the last like eighteen months, and I love that. I love those.
Speaker 1: I think the south Park movies like one of the best movies of all time.
Speaker 3: Didn't like The movie came out when I was like eight years old, and I thought it was so cool because it set a record for like curse words, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, that's I know. Yeah, I could not tell your parents, No, you got that one friend, you can get it for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Who's the kid that always dies Ken? When Kenny goes to starts going to Heaven? All the boobs are there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hell, I love it. I've never seen this show. Team America. You've never seen No, is it really that good?
Speaker 4: Everything they make is everything you've seen? Basketball?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love basketball.
Speaker 1: That's such an underrated sports movie.
Speaker 3: Sports movie Goon. I love Goon. It is the most impirational sports movie in my mind. What happened?
Speaker 1: What happened is Sean Williams Scott. He's fucking gray? Why isn't?
Speaker 3: And I don't know he role Models when he was in Roll Models. I thought he was fantastic in that as well. Obviously all the American pies. But oh, this was so good, such a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hockey movies. There's something about hockey movies too, like slapshots epic and something about like what you were talking about, how they're like badasses, but they're also like there's like the team element, but they it's such a weird combo, like graceful, but they'll fucking punch you in the face. Yeah, it's such a weird uh you know.
Speaker 4: In fact, they have their own jargon too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have their own the way they the way they talk.
Speaker 4: But goon.
Speaker 3: I know people think it's a joke. But when Doug the thug glack goes in and talks to Ross, Boss Ray and the diner. Yeah, and he has that thing about him laying them the fuck out, that's a goosebumps moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they have the standoff in the center ice at the end when they're both in the box and he knocks on the windows as you're ready, kid, Doug's like, yes, thanks for asking, and they go out.
Speaker 1: And just let's like out of town. That's what I mean. It's like they're savages, but it's kind of classy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way they like it's like, may I have this dance but with breaking your face romantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even movies that aren't like comedy. It's like Miracle you pop that that was watched that one like a week ago. Oh have you seen this Shory. No, this ship is pretty good. Is elite? Shut up?
Speaker 4: It is? I've seen, didn't I have? And I watched a couple of seasons.
Speaker 3: You watch a couple of episodes with me.
Speaker 4: No, no, no no. I went through what else?
Speaker 3: What other TV show in the And there's Letter Kenny as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I've seen Shorty. I've seen two seasons of Shorty. This show.
Speaker 3: The guy who created the show's name is Jered Kizo. He like is a producer, writer, director of the show. And he's also the main character who's Shorsy. He started off doing Letter Kenny. That was a YouTube I heard before. It's great, dude, Yeah, Shorsy, I think is I like it better than Letter Kenny. And it's very hockey culture forward. This guy you know before every game, ships, between every period, shits, it's a run on sentence of jokes the whole time. It's just it's real good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sports movies and shows are just kind of the best. Yeah, you know what Baseball ones too, Like you just can't miss with like Kevin Costner, and like Bull Durham is so good.
Speaker 3: I love Bull Durham is a beautiful movie.
Speaker 4: That's such a yeah, and boys for the Back of the Bust, two Taylor Circles back around and Remember the Titans.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been going through a phase in life where I used to have a whole lot of opinions about movies, like Fury was one of them. And I remember watching Fury with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never saw it.
Speaker 3: It's really good, but I saw in theaters and I walked away from the movie not liking it, and then all the boys got on me. I went and watched it. I love that movie. And then we watched Remember the Titans all through high school because that's like it was like the time. And then I kind of got burnt out and I was like, that movie kind of sucks. And I rewatched it on a flight and I'm like, this movie fucking rips.
Speaker 1: It's like a song. Sometimes it's got to hit you at the right time. Yeah, at the right moment, right.
Speaker 3: I gotta be big enough to know when I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I love Major League. I don't think i've even major League's fun, dude. It's that's a something about baseball, you know what. Alo Baseball players are so superstitious too, so there's so much fun shit you can do like, man, I've been on like a weird baseball kick and just like old books, I was just reading like a Joe Demaggio book now, I mean like a Luke Garret book and something about that time in America. It was like it was just all baseball, yeah, and these guys were fucking crazy. I was reading this part about Joe Demaggio where he like, he's like this proud Italian so we hated the mob, but the mob loved him because Italians love Demaggio. So they're at a restaurant one night and he's with like his friends and this like well known gangster walks over to him and was like, we'd like to pay our respects, mister Demaggio. And he goes, you may pay your respects standing basically being like, don't fucking sit with me, no shit. And his friends were like, dude, what are you doing. You're gonna piss off the fucking mob. But they were like, oh, thank you so much, mister Demagio. They like all came by one by one. It just like shook his hand. That is wild.
Speaker 4: What a sign of respect.
Speaker 3: I love. How much of an encyclopedia you are with like sports, I have to sit smile.
Speaker 4: Bringing up the placers, bringing up the players, the Yankees.
Speaker 3: This guy, he's actually a.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous Marilyn Monroe, you know, he took down Maryland. Yeah, they were married, but then he left her. He left her because she couldn't procreate, and you know Italians they need a fucking air. Yeah, so they But then he blamed Robert Kennedy, uh for killing her. Robert Kennedy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, why is that?
Speaker 1: Like there's there's theories that he was there when she died, like there was another voice on the camera because John F. Kennedy and RFK the rumors fucked her both. They both did, no, I don't think at the same time, but they passed her off, you know, and and she at the end was on drugs and stuff. So he like never forgave Sinatra for introducing her to all these Italians, all these iconic Italians. He never forgave Sinatra for introducing Marilyn Monroe to the because I think, you know, Sinatra was obsessed with political influence. So he was like, okay, you you introduced her to the like in exchange, I get to know the Kennedy's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, get in more favor with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a wild crazy so he hated that story.
Speaker 3: That is a fun story, dark shit, right, but yeah.
Speaker 1: And he like to the end, was in love with Marilyn Monroe. Never remarried. Maybe maybe remarried at the end. I don't remember, but but I know he died not married for sure.
Speaker 3: That that time. I just feel like a lot of shenanigans went down. That is just a bigger rumor mill. Like, when we're forty years from now, everyone's going to know everything that happened in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: It was too much. You'll be able to fact check a lot more.
Speaker 3: Well, we get to sit and look back at these times and be like I heard this, I heard now there'll be a video to prove you wrong or right in forty years about what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the old st just get to build up his legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Sinatra heard Sinatra's and it was an asshole.
Speaker 1: Manic depressive, was he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should know that I haven't tattooed on my body.
Speaker 1: Really right there? Oh, ship, I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: I was got Maryland too, and I don't know shit about Maryland.
Speaker 10: Rowe.
Speaker 1: What was the urge to get those.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I really don't.
Speaker 1: Was it like a drunk decision or you just like his brain?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of my tattoos don't. Actually, I think like one or two tattoos even have a meeting at all. But I just thought Sinatra's pretty cool to get that. Marilyn Monroe, I'm going to get that. I had Clint Eastwood from The Good to Bad the Ugly right here. That's a bad Johnny Cash on my shoulder fulsome prison given the finger.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of cool dudes on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm hoping it rubs off eventually, you know. But yeah, I just have a stag on my chest. I've never shot a deer. I just got a bunch of that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You got Eastwood, Sinatra, who's the other one?
Speaker 3: Monroe and Cash?
Speaker 1: Cash? That's cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks man to yourself.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have any tattoos.
Speaker 3: Would you ever get me?
Speaker 1: Probably not. I don't know why. There's that Jewish thing about you can't be in a Jewish I'm not even religious. But as a kid, you never just have ship jammed back your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was just like, I don't want to, but I am turned down when I see a chick with a lot of tattoos, because I'm like, she made some bad decisions.
Speaker 3: You know, that was my thing in college. She discovered tattoos, smoking cigarettes, Maybe had gauges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I don't like the gauges.
Speaker 3: You don't like the not like big boys like little ones fit a pencil through it, all right, No, that's not my thing.
Speaker 4: You're a little boy. I got some gauges.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was kind of into those EMAI girls from you kind of in m g K's all black arm tattoos.
Speaker 3: To know, I said, for his body style, it fits.
Speaker 1: You, like you like, wait, what kind of girls?
Speaker 3: No, I liked the they kind of like they emo like tattoos. I like damage.
Speaker 1: I think I think when I sense damage, I'm kind of like turned on.
Speaker 3: There's something to them.
Speaker 4: I feel like you can fix help them a little bit.
Speaker 1: I just assume they have more depth. I think they're like. I'm like, she probably is interesting if she's damaged, But then you get to meet him, you're like, no, she's just a sad, fucking miserable person.
Speaker 3: That's a tough deal.
Speaker 1: There's It doesn't mean there's more depth. It just means they're unhappy. And and you know, toxic. But I always I always attributed like, wow, she's she's miserable. She must fucking get it.
Speaker 3: It was a mysterious thing for me. Yeah, you know what's different about them, man.
Speaker 1: But I always I think a lot of people connect through pain because like you're just like someone's like, oh, I'm fucked up, Like you feel closer to them if they tell you how fucked up they are. But they's like you realize, no, she just told it to everybody. She just fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But in the moment, you're like, wow, she must like really feel connection. No, she doesn't want to spend money on a therapist. She uses guys like.
Speaker 3: Me off, don't sleep with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you're like, I'll be back, but I'll drink off, I'll jerk off to that trauma later. I'm gonna put it right here and I'm rubbling out to how sad she is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The tattoos always kind of got me for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Just like a not too much, but like a little bit like a hint, no, yeah, what's going on there? That is that looks like what do you call them? Though? That doesn't look like a tattoo that looks like, uh, what is it?
Speaker 3: I got a fake tattoo?
Speaker 1: No, but like no, when people have those like things on their body that they can't I don't know what they're called skin tags, that's what it looks like. It doesn't look an ego on the thing. I don't need a fuck a girl who looks like Connor McGregor. You know, it's too much. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's probably the sluttiest placement for a tattoo.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Yeah, I don't care for it. I remember a dated girl. She had her EXIS signature tattooed on her back, and I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Mean EXIS signature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't love that.
Speaker 4: Oh that's brutal.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, getting grouped.
Speaker 3: Did a girl in high school and I got her initials tattooed on my side.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And she came and visited me in college before she broke up with me, and she had my initials tattooed right here. Yeah, that was a tough l for her. She broke up with me.
Speaker 1: She has to date a dude with your initial Yeah.
Speaker 3: My initials are TCL too, so tickle damn.
Speaker 1: Oh she threw the middle initial in there too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was a full my initials.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: I saw her four years later, had the opportunity to see that area again. Yeah, and you hooked up with her again, Yeah out there, thank you for noticing. And she got it lasered off. But there was a faint. If you look close enough, a faint tcl.
Speaker 1: Your next boyfriend's going to break out a magnifying What the fuck?
Speaker 3: What is this? Yeah? I have her initials crossed out now, and my wife's tattooed under. But I like shitty tattoos too.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to two guys that don't have any tattoos bout tattoos.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what what kind of shitty tattoos?
Speaker 3: It's just I think there's like if you have tribal I think, yeah, tribal. I have like trible on my side that my wife took like this big, like a gauge like this big and put a red X through it and then put sick tribal bro. And I just think if you look at someone with all great tattoos, it's like there's no like kind of like the girl that says she's fucked up, Like there's no damage there, there's no like you can see the maturity if everyone has if I like to see a couple of shitty tattoos, and then you start to see, oh, this is where they started going to quality artists, and that's good ideas. That's tattoo. That's a that's a that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: But that's a really bad one.
Speaker 3: That's one that yeah, that's a horrible mistake. That's not one you want.
Speaker 1: Like he's like you got to deal with Nike, but it was like a fucking offshoot. Yeah, not the actual one. I mean charge r Binks.
Speaker 3: You get the tattoo.
Speaker 1: Music. I'm so fucked up. What do you want?
Speaker 3: Jearjeo Binks top to bottom trap to ask, let me get that.
Speaker 1: Give me a Yoda tattoo.
Speaker 4: Look at the what is that? The Batman went on the far left.
Speaker 1: That's awful. That's like Adam West Batman too. That's like an old dude right there.
Speaker 3: Damn it looks like Barnacle boy.
Speaker 4: It's like, even when I've gotten to the mindset of possibly getting a tattoo, it's like I've gone this.
Speaker 1: Along, like why what would you get what?
Speaker 4: I have no clue? It be something. It be something around a wolf.
Speaker 3: It has to be.
Speaker 4: It has to be something around a wolf. Yeah, now that's a low key kind of badass.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that one. Actually, Yoda in a north face. This is fucking Spanish Harlem Yoda. I like that one. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Busting with the Boys is sponsored by Hustle Butter, The best way to care for your tattoos, new or old. Whether you're fresh out of the chair or just looking to maintain your favorite ink, Hustle Butter has you covered. This stuff isn't about just keeping your tattoos looking vibrant, which it does. It's also about keeping your skin soft and smooth. Hustle Butter products keep skin moisturized and tattoos vibrant so they can look and feel their best for life.
Speaker 3: That is correct. Will confident a man who has plenty of tattoos on his body knows that three to four years after you have those boys done, it starts to fade. It starts to get away from you a little bit. With these bad boys. You put this lotion on your and you put these different products on your skin, and all of a sudden, these tattoos are popping looking like they're fresh, just done, just a few weeks ago. It feels amazing, plus seriously amazing. It smells like a literal tropical vacation. We worked with Hustle Butter to get you guys an exclusive discount and right now, fifty percent off your order on their websites. Use code bustin one five on Hustle Butter dot com. I'm going to say that one more time for you guys. That is Bustin' buss i N one to five on Hustle Butter dot com. Exclusives apply. Do not wait at Hustle Butter Reel Never Fades. Head over to Hustle Butter dot com and use code bustin fifteen for fifty percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode, Yeah, you know what, Yoda's kind of fun. I think a little wise.
Speaker 4: Are you a Star Wars guy?
Speaker 1: I like the first I like the seventies and eighties. I like the first, the originals. I didn't love the new ones, except for the one where everyone died. That was cool.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen him.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about where he goes to the turns into Darth Vader and he kills all the kids.
Speaker 1: No, the one where was a rogue one? Was that the one, yes, sir, that was fucking good? Oh yeah, that was the only new one that was good the rest of you know. My problem with these sequels are they're just telling the exact same fucking story, telling the same story as.
Speaker 3: Luke, but with her right.
Speaker 1: And I didn't like that she fucks up Adam Driver's guy in the first one. I'm like, she's been a Jedi for like two minutes. She's sucking up the bad guy already. I don't know, Yeah, I'm I think the new ones kind of are like whatever, but uh, but like the old school ones are pretty good. I gotta say, do you.
Speaker 3: See yourself siding with more like that older style of movies or do you like the newer ones better?
Speaker 1: Love old movies because when you had less, when you have less options to do, like a CGI type thing, you have to have a better script. I also think they just used to make more movies now. It's like, think about the landscape entertainment. You got TV shows, You got the TV shows are better than movies now, you know, But like back in the day, like you look at like the movies from like the late sixties, early seventies, in Hollywood. They're fucking insane like some many classics. So yeah, I love I'm an old I have like a movie room in my place. I have like I'm an old school. I like watching it, like put everything away, let's like actually take this in.
Speaker 3: I enjoy I love movies. I love sitting down and watching movies. But I hate when if you're in your living room and you sit and watch a movie with somebody and they're on their phone.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: It bothers the shit of me. For whatever.
Speaker 1: I'd rather you be on your phone while you're fucking me, because at least then I'm still getting laid. You're ruining my enjoyment of the movie.
Speaker 3: You want to suspecially something right. Maybe they ask you a question and there's some sort of dialogue in the middle of it where you guys are both invested into the storyline, or if you're.
Speaker 4: Trying to kind of put them on the movie and you're just thinking, like, yo, you are missing great dialogue. Did you see him on the side of your eye?
Speaker 3: And you're just thinking, I'll tell you what a good moment was. We went and saw on Father's Day, we went and saw The New Planet of the apes, and I'm not well versed. I maybe saw like the first one that came out.
Speaker 1: They're pretty good, the ones they came out the two thousands. The new ones are really good.
Speaker 3: And before Will's like kind of putting me on the plots of what happens Caesar. He's gone, now, this isn't the way future, blah blah blah. And it was nice. Both phones off, big big thing of popcorn to share and some candy, and he's like whispering over telling me small little things about like this. The medallion he's wearing is because of X, Y and Z, because that was the house he used to look at him. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the Kingdom of the new one?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I heard his great but you've seen the other two?
Speaker 1: Correct? I see? I saw the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I'm trying thing which ones i've seen?
Speaker 4: Is that the one with Franco said that was good.
Speaker 1: I liked it, and I saw most of the other one. They're on TV all the time, so I'll just like check in. Yeah, I don't think i've ever seen it start to finish, but yeah, the one with that actor who's really good, that guy who played Jerry West on Showtime. You know what I'm talking about. No, he's in Oppenheimer too, you know what I'm talking to. No, I don't know. I don't know his fucking name. But he's a really good actor. I like movies where they have a big budget but they actually have a good story too. I'm so sick of superhero movies, like they serve their purpose. There's some great ones, but like this one is a an actual like it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: I think, dude, the so the James Franco won the house that the that James Franco and uh Caesar were in. Yeah, the window that Caesar would look out the the way the window is designed was the medallion in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. So the callback because Caesar's kind of seen, like he's kind of seen, like what Biblically He's like God, yeah, he's like Jesus in in this newer one, but they have this sick callback and I'm like whispering over Taylor Man. So this dude who's got this necklace around like that was the window designed back in the first one.
Speaker 3: The genre is the movie? What's your number one genre?
Speaker 1: I like film noir. I like, like a good detective movie or like a good or like a good uh Thwiler. I like, like, man, I love There's so many movies I like, but uh damn, I'm trying to think, like I love that age, just like the seventies when it was like prime Nicholson or like you know, like certain movies at any time they're on, I have to watch, like for Modern Ship, like any Tarantino movie really, or like com Brothers or like I love them, but yeah, like seventies yet Chinatown rules. I love Polanski's incredible. I know he fucked a fifteen year old, but he's a damn fine filmmaker.
Speaker 4: Credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but like I also just love like the history of this stuff, so like I love that that this movie was supposed to have a happy ending, but Polanski's wife, Sharon Tate was murdered in the Manson Murders, and he was like, nah, there's no happy endings here, and he changed the ending and it like worked because he believed that ship. So yeah, I love those movies Godfathers and me that whole Dog Day Afternoon, Like that movie fucks me up. I think it's like perfect. You know, I love those. We should a joke, but I'm nervous about Dog Day Afternoon. I to have a bit about it because I was watching with a girl as dating and she tried to fuck me during the movie and I was like, what are you doing? And she goes, oh, you don't want to have sex with me? And I was like, oh, fuck you doing a movie you pick?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want you to see this movie because I'm sharing you with this movie.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 4: This isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I cut you guys off on something.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that you're just diving into the things you love.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Tear talk, tear talk. The idea of tear talk we were gonna do uh where it's a tear system. You can start at three, you work all the way up to one. In every everyone that you choose, there's got to be a rhyme or reason. You give a good description of why it is in your top three.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The idea we had was to do what was it true? Detective? Yeah, detective movies. It makes me kind of nervous because he's so well knows the ship. Yeah, he knows shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll be honest with you. There's a lot of good ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We usually take a few minutes to figure out what I So you started three.
Speaker 1: Give three detective movies.
Speaker 6: Three detective movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn. So it's can it be like a murder mystery? It has to be a detective murder mystery?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any type of newar all right, any type of noir. I don't want to hit you with only once from like the forties or fifties, but I have a weird heart on for that era because.
Speaker 4: Smile not yeah wow, no ship, I'm a little nervous town.
Speaker 1: This is a judgment free zone. Dude. You know you like what you like, and I'm excited. I'm excited to hear it.
Speaker 4: All right. Go first of all, all right, I would say my tier.
Speaker 1: Three, So this is your your least favorite of the three.
Speaker 4: Of the three, third place, third place, My third place is going to be.
Speaker 3: Hold on. One thing about tear talk you should know is we keep completely silent until he's finished, and then we all go around the room and give the one word to describe how we feel about that person's list.
Speaker 4: Go on, all right, my tier three, Gone Girl, that would count. Yeah, boys in the back that way? That sure, that's good. It's just go on all right. That's my Tier three Love Gone Girl. Saw it in theaters. I've watched it a few more times since then. I'm a big fan of that movie. My Tier two Prisoners with Jake, Jillenhall, Hugh Jackman. Right, yeah, and my Tier one is going to be Knives Out. Big fan of Knives Out. Saw it on Christmas when I was out with the Oakland Raiders, when Charle came out, proposed her that week as well. It was a big kind of week for us. But Knives Out, we really, we thoroughly enjoyed. Uh, that is my tier talk.
Speaker 3: You feel me, I stand in on business, say, I'm going to give us one work good.
Speaker 4: Close, but you got glass onion.
Speaker 6: Business fire?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Fuck is Jared's first eight.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna write money either. Basic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I did feel those movies though a lot. But yeah, knives Out of one is that one's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was one word that was like a whole explanation.
Speaker 3: I mean, sometimes sometimes the boys get nervous, run will all right? I have a very rare two honorable mentions. One of those honorable mentions is Knives Out. I think it's a phenomenal movie. The layers, the depth. I don't even the guy who played James Bond, I don't even know his name, comes in. He knows who the killer is the entire time, just because of one little splat on the shoe. But yet you go through the entire plot. I think it's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I hate to interrupt you, may I through ut honorable mentions? No, have you ever seen seven great movie?
Speaker 1: He went to the same directory he went with him with Gone Girl, and uh, that was the person director.
Speaker 4: I almost went glass onion in there with Knives Out.
Speaker 3: Another honorable mention I have is The Nice Guys with the Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. That movie I Love's favor that time type of humor where it's like he's a drunk but he stumbles upon the answer somehow. Like it's just a really well done movie. Russell Crowe at first doesn't like Gozen. They actually don't like each other the whole entire movie, but they end up working together. I think it's just a It's a movie that makes you smile, and everyone who listens to the show knows like I have like a weird thing for the seventies wat times. It's a phenomenal movie, and I love you're breaking the rule. He has a breaking the rules are not saying but all the words of affirmation that we talked about earlier, you filled me no diddy. My Tier three is going to go to Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. That movie, Like we just I feel like when we talk about these epsom movies literally googling what googling what new? Or is that how you pronounce it, googling what that means? Before we started this, Like it just seems like these are movies with like certain levels of depth. There are certain levels of layers that you have to get through, and that movie is incredible for a lot of reasons, but especially the ending where the last couple of lines that Leonardo DiCaprio has where you're like, does he get it? Does he not? And it's just like then he walks off and it's over. I think it's such a beautiful.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: My Tier two is gonna go to uh one of my favorite directors, Quentin Tarantino. That's Reservoir Dogs. I think that's a great movie. We all know that movie. It is. Ah, it's a phenomenal film, a phenomenal film. And then my Tier one is actually Prisoners. I think Prisoners, that movie is so good. The plot twist at the end. Uh, it's just awesome. It's just awesome. And that is my very rare double honorable mention tier talk mhm.
Speaker 4: Unoriginal, well versed.
Speaker 1: I like the range. I broke the rules here. I like the range of the picks range range, range, front loaded.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 8: Hyphenated above average.
Speaker 3: Not what I expected.
Speaker 1: You guys love Prisoners, I do.
Speaker 3: I think that movie is so good.
Speaker 1: I think it's awesome. I actually just watched it like in November because I was flying to Australia and it was on the I was I was more emotional when I watched it because because of the flight. I was like, I'm gonna have to get I'm have to knock myself out after this movie. So I was drinking wine and I popped the muscle relaxer, so I was like extra, like, oh my god, just sitting watching this like this is such a fuck up movie to feel relaxed for, you know, because it's so dark and so dark but it's really uh man, he's I feel like he does a lot of like song and dance type stuff when he's not Wolverine, so it's cool to see him play like a pure just heavy right, and that neck tattoo on Gillenhall. Holy shit, it's a great movie.
Speaker 8: The what.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's who I did it. Yeah, yeah, he's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. The scene in the bathroom too is.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever had anyone pronounce his name right. That's why I was like, oh shit.
Speaker 3: I take it, prisoners. It's not gonna be in your list, no, but I like it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm old school, so sor right.
Speaker 4: I've never seen nice guys nice guys film.
Speaker 1: Shane Black, who wrote Lethal Weapon, that guy. He wrote and directed this. He also did another one called Kiss Kiss Bang Bang that's also hilarious.
Speaker 3: Never seen it solid.
Speaker 1: It's it's like, if you like nice guys, you're like kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's like that type of vibe, but it's it's downy Junior and Belle Kilmer as like the two guys who can't get along. It's fucking great.
Speaker 3: It's but it's similar to the way they act towards each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I love it's like because that's like a buddy comedy and a noirre and what I fucking love that. I love nice guys makes me laugh.
Speaker 3: So hard, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I saw in the theater with my ex girlfriend and my mom and they both were like and I was like, you're fucking ruining this for me. This is a good movie.
Speaker 4: Pretend, pretend take you take your movie watching very serious.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I would never want to influence someone else's Uh. I remember seeing a movie with an X of my once and she hated it so much that I was like, do you want to walk out? And she goes no. I'm like, well, I feel how angry you are, so you're I know that you hate this movie. Uh, it's funny. My friend's in the movie, you know, Simon Rex.
Speaker 4: No Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, who.
Speaker 1: He's in a movie called Red Rocket. It's a really good movie. But she hated it so much because he's such a fucking horrible person in this he plays just like a guy who's grooming a mine or it's a dark movie.
Speaker 4: But sane actually go ahead, sorry sorry sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh and I yeah, Shane is friends with him too, but I love I love Simon and he's amazing in this movie. And I remember she was just like, oh, I hate this, and I was like, why don't we why don't we leave? And she goes, well, then you're just gonna finish it without me sometime. I'm like that's not allowed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So she was pissed.
Speaker 1: Then she's like, no, let's stay, and I was like all right. And at the end she was like, oh, I hated that, and I was like okay. She's like you liked it, and I'm like, is this worth the fight in my head?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like do I stand up for my beliefs? And you're damn right. I did. I ruined a vacation with an rument over a movie that doesn't matter, but I did it.
Speaker 4: Stood on business.
Speaker 1: I stood on business.
Speaker 3: I thought Benne for sure.
Speaker 4: So Simon rex Shane sent me an incredible fart by Simon Rix.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that he's like this, amazing, he's this great actor, but he will voice memo farts Hey, real quick, what the fussy.
Speaker 4: It's not over? Best to go dirt back voice.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, dude. That was like a Godfather three level far What the hell his surprise that was like that was like.
Speaker 1: Mariah Carey holding a note. That was insane.
Speaker 4: No, he was that one of the best parts you've ever heard of her.
Speaker 1: He's legit.
Speaker 3: That's had so many different noises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a way I love. I love Simon, I love all Right, I'm gonna go so, I'm gonna hit you with honorable mention. I'm gonna hit you with honorable mention. Chinatown just because like it's slow. It's a seventies movie. You just got to know that going in. But like, dude, it's it's prime Jack Nicholson just being a badass. Faye Dunnaway is really hot in it. It's it's classic. Yeah, it's I mean, it's a it's a dark ass neo noir. Gotta love it. I want to say ones that you guys didn't mention, so I'll say three. Mmm, you're gonna hate me for these, I will you know what? Fuck it? Tier three Fargo. You should see it. It's great. That's a great fucking movie. Uh. I love the comb Brothers. Lebowski is kind of a noir too. It's a Lebowski. A lot of people don't know. This is actually The Big Sleep which like Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. So that's like an old noir that Raymond Chandler wrote. That's that's the Big Lebowski. They just made it about a fucking burnout instead of a cool detective. So that's that's about. Yeah, Fargo's Killer two. I'm going this. It's an old movie. It's called Out of the Past with Robert Mitcham, who's like the ultimate badass, you know. Uh, just a really cool movie about a guy who like lived a bad life and was like a kind of a henchman for Kirk Douglas and he was, and then he's trying to get away from that life works at a gas station. One of the goons sees him work in the gas station. He thought he got away, and he gets drawn back into that life. It's an awesome movie. And Tier one and this could easily be Tier one by the way. Tier one is another really old one. But stay with me. These movies hold the fuck up. Double Indemnity. It's Edward g. Robinson, Fred McMurray, Barber Stanwick who's like an evil evil. She basically convinces an insurance salesman to murder her husband, and like, how they can get away with it and get the most possible money is double indemnity. So if he is the most, she buys life insurance on his life, and if he has this really improbable death, you get double indemnity. So if he dies by falling off of a train, so they have to kill him first and then throw him off a train and make it look like he did. But there's this one Edward g Robinson, this one insurance guy who's like, something doesn't sit right about this with me. It's really fucking good. It's like a ninety minute movie, not a wasted word. One of the best, uh, one of the best movies I've ever seen. I just saw there was playing in a movie theater in New York City, like one of those old movie theaters, fucking beautiful experience. But my girlfriend and a friend of mine, they were both like, damn, that was pretty damn good. And it's getting laughs because it's like those nineteen forties how men would talk to women laugh where she's like, oh, I'm scared and he goes, baby, shut up, like just getting huge pops in the theater. It's really it's but it's really witty and funny dialogue too. Like you, you'd watch this and be like, damn, this is well done. So yeah, those are That's my list right there.
Speaker 16: Clueless, nice, classic, cultured, impressive, authentic.
Speaker 3: You guys are such bitches, dude. Do you guys want to do twisted twisted question?
Speaker 4: You got one, Mitch, buckle up. It's a twisted question brought to us by Twisted Tea. Refreshing cold, zero carbonation so it goes down smooth, perfect for tailgates. It's five percent ABV five percent alcohol. It's great for any occasion, whether you're at home watching games, watching the giants, tailgating in a parking lot, watching at a bar, watching with friends at home. Keep it twisted with the boys. Turn up your game day with twisted t grab a refreshing twisted tea today anywhere, Mitch. What is our twisted question for Sam?
Speaker 6: This comes from Brandon Peck b PEC sixteen on Instagram.
Speaker 12: If you could only eat one food from one culture for the rest of your life, what.
Speaker 1: Would it be?
Speaker 4: Ca you pick sandwiches, pizza?
Speaker 12: No, it's like a that's not culture, that's just a type of food.
Speaker 6: What do you mean like Japanese Mexican.
Speaker 1: You can say like Vietnamese sandwiches, which is actually that's a good call.
Speaker 4: Oh, one genre food.
Speaker 3: Sandwiches are sandwiches is the answer to every like Asian one food for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Asian food. Asian is that way you're getting. You're getting Chinese tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you get Indian Panda express.
Speaker 4: Just say Asian fusion.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: You get to dip your toe in pretty much all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I'll just do that.
Speaker 1: I I'm thinking it feels like we're cheating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like we're cheating, all right, all right, all right, fine, do you get to me aches?
Speaker 6: It's just whatever? Yeah, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: It's real life. Still, it's the genre.
Speaker 1: But there's healthy foods in every in every culture probably, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Is there a healthy Italian food?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: I think I'm I'm in the minority of I'm not a huge fan of Italian Italy. Bro, not a huge fan.
Speaker 4: You always got that. You always get that dude that uh, that friend that's been to Italy, that's like you gotta go to.
Speaker 3: Trust me, dude, you hear when I go to Italy, I don't even gain a pound. I right, every single day, those guys, yes.
Speaker 1: You're walking everywhere. That's why. Yeah, that's what they're like. I didn't gain a pound. You walked eight miles to do anything every day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is good though.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Italian food a.
Speaker 3: Lot of I know I'm in a very small minority in that. Yeah, I'm just not not just not a huge fan of Italian food.
Speaker 4: What would I do?
Speaker 3: Let me go, I'm working.
Speaker 1: Hm, I might go Greek, dude, because that's healthy. You're gonna you have options that are really good. But then you also, like I could eat Mediterranean diet. Those dudes live forever. You see old men and like those Greek islands are like tan and ninety two years old and still like climbing hills and shit. Yeah, and you get you can have like grilled octopus all the time, and that shit's so good. You get, you get have a kabab.
Speaker 4: You bring up a very good point with Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: It's hard healthy, dude, Yeah, herd healthy.
Speaker 3: Look at the facial hair on that guy.
Speaker 1: But that dude's probably one hundred and two look at him. Yeah, he's living well and they have that good Greek liquor too that like, uh, Mastika, you have a little after dinner drink, you feel digest. It's nice shit, it's nice shit.
Speaker 3: You don't like this nice shit?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: I went there last year and I was like, this is I never take vacations. I never take time off. And I was like in London and doing a gig and my girlfriend's like, please, can we just take some time off? So we went to Grease. It's great, great food, great time.
Speaker 4: Are you a Game of Thrones fan? I've never seen an episode because they get a lot of they shot a lot of it out there in Greece. I'm trying to get out there and see it castles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that your top showy man?
Speaker 4: The last season was not the greatest. I would say Breaking Bad is my number one, a great one, but Game of Thrones is up there. Like now I'm watching House of Dragon incredible shots.
Speaker 1: I should watch Game of Thrones. I'm such a bitch. I should really.
Speaker 3: I'm told you should watch House of Dragons first, though, really yeah, because it's before, but.
Speaker 4: It's not all the way down like it's current. It's in season two right now. But yeah, dude, the way as much of a film junkie as you are. You would love Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: I've heard that. I got it. You would love Game them As the last season everyone's like, you haven't seen it, and then every week they'd be like, what the fuck this episode sucked.
Speaker 4: But here's where you're in a good spot. You get to binge it all in succession, like right away. The problem was we watched all set seasons right and the eighth season took two years, and since the book wasn't written, they kind of just, you know, put some more Hollywood into it. But the spot that you're in, you get to watch it all back to back because we're sitting there in those two years. I remember being at Vandy every day doing workouts, talking with Rex about what hey, what was on this message board? What could this call back be? You're building all these different moments in your head. So it was just a big letdown when season eight finally happened. But you're in a good spot because you just get to watch it all and you'll probably enjoy it because people who waited until after it all came out and then watch it, they've all they've all really liked it. But you would fuck with Game of Thrones heavy and then you'll probably go back to Greece.
Speaker 3: I'm in the same boat as you. I've only seen like one two episodes and there were so many storylines. Everyone was so far ahead of me. I was like, it's just.
Speaker 4: Not worth it's such a massive chest.
Speaker 1: Get to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun. I think it's so worth it.
Speaker 1: That's how I felt about The Wire early on. It took me. I'm like, wow, there's a lot going on, but he ends up being rewarding as help.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it was The Wires like a top ten TV show all the time. I've never seen that. It's really good, and that's how I like Game of Thrones is like that. You gotta kind of give it a good two full seasons.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch this. I feel like an idiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mess with it. And then you got House of Dragons kind of dated like a century before Game of Thrones, but that's really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, can you pop up some food draonas for me?
Speaker 1: Can I can I pitch real quick? I'm absolutely.
Speaker 4: Do what you gotta do. I might just go Italian so I can just have pizza.
Speaker 3: Eat pizza every day. Yeah, but he's saying I want to go Italian so I can have pizza.
Speaker 4: Right, just so I have that as an option. It's like if I gotta eat one thing for the rest of my life, if I'm trying to be happy, I think I'm gonna go Italian. Chinese you get old with very fast, even though it's a great once a month.
Speaker 3: But Japanese, Japanese where I keep going to my head, Yeah you get sushi.
Speaker 4: That said that would be a great pool. Japanese would be a great pool. What would be the word for that? Like the food categories of like a culture genres.
Speaker 3: Food genres genres, food culture genres, culinary, and you gotta just start saying you've got to see nice guys.
Speaker 4: No, I feel that way when fifteen times and the way you talk about.
Speaker 3: It, I'm upsets and hire my list.
Speaker 4: Honestly, dude, I just felt so because every one of those movies I've only seen, you see it like it's one of those it's one of those areas where you just kind of watch the movie one time, so it's I can't sit there and recall all the things that were happening because I remember, I remember how Treasures made me feel knives out Taylor.
Speaker 3: Japanese cuisine.
Speaker 4: Oh look, how you get French fries? How you get that French? Oh French, Chris, I thought that was part of the Japanese Italian Yeah, I think I I think I'm going. He brought up a good with.
Speaker 3: Spanish too, dude, I love some Mexican food. That's probably what I'm gonna go. Spanish.
Speaker 1: Those are different.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're different, Spanish and Mexican.
Speaker 3: Or I'll go Mexican.
Speaker 6: Then Spanish is like tacos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not gonna fill my belly.
Speaker 1: I need that.
Speaker 3: You go Fahata is what you want to be healthy. You're getting filling mass you get those enchiladas.
Speaker 4: Man, Mexican is a great call.
Speaker 3: Mexican called it. You can't take it.
Speaker 4: I'm going Mexican teake. Indian is a sleeper. Do you all like what Indian food? I like? But again to me, it mixes more in the Chinese.
Speaker 9: But as step below, yeah, no, for me, I think Indians better than Chinese. But I see what you mean.
Speaker 4: Like some chicken teak and marsala come on now or some in the non.
Speaker 5: I'll get you on some lamb then doulu spicy lamb.
Speaker 4: You want a spot you need to check out is Hawkers?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you eaten there yet? Sure? No, you need to get Hawkers. The street food so good. I think we settled on. I'm going Italian so that we have the option of eating pizza.
Speaker 1: That's big.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Mexican.
Speaker 4: I know, I thought so too, because you can you can be kind.
Speaker 1: Of healthy with Mexican.
Speaker 3: He does whatever you want. You're feel a little nasty going to a lot or.
Speaker 4: Even if you want to tacos, tacos, case arito bowls, cheese, crisps, bottomless chips, and salsa. I think I'm going Mexican. Damn, sorry, I want to join you.
Speaker 1: You brought up a good point.
Speaker 4: Part of me was on. It's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just like I love you get a lot of options with the Greeks. I feel like there's a lot of diversity with that type of menu.
Speaker 4: Greek salads.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not a cultured man. I don't think salads, Euros what else?
Speaker 1: And that might be it. I might be fucked. Maybe I I might go Mexican. Mexican is good.
Speaker 3: And the good news is if all of us picking that genre, we all get to eat together every day. That's true, Like everyone's got to go to their specific spots. We get to sit at the lunch table together.
Speaker 1: Mexican is like probably what I eat the most, actually probably so good. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: And to me, Mexican is also like an easy default, like if you don't know, you can just easily go like we hit poncho lefties all the time, boom, but you can you can get yeah.
Speaker 3: Bro well, salsa, different kinds of sausas. Yeah, he's so Mitch Street corn, Come on, dude, Margarita's yeah, strawberry margarita. Damn.
Speaker 1: Does this go to the liquor too, you can only have the Mexicans.
Speaker 4: Does this go to liquor?
Speaker 1: Well, Mexican beer is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And tequila, Yeah, tequila.
Speaker 3: I'm a big. I'm a big tequila.
Speaker 1: Is that your go to drink?
Speaker 3: If I'm yeah, absolutely nice? You go clear or the Yeah, I go blanco. I go tequila with water and limes.
Speaker 1: All I want is mesic.
Speaker 3: I like me yeah, mess is. I don't like mescal. It's like smoky and he's like gasoline.
Speaker 1: I love the smoking that like Scotch, So I like like mezcal is fucking nice. I think put a little orange peel on there.
Speaker 3: What's the scotch that had with the blue It's like literally in the name blue label, blue label, that's what yeshs to waste of money my rookie year. I went and got it because I thought I was like, you know the man now yea, And I had like poured one glass and I had one set, but I was like, this ship is disgusting. I still have it.
Speaker 1: It's whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's like it's like that Johnny Walker.
Speaker 1: I've only had it once.
Speaker 4: It sounds sounds black label.
Speaker 1: Yeah, black labels. You find with black label that sh it's great. I don't know the red label. Yeah, but dude, I h yeah. I remember Michael Jay at the house party once and we're there and uh and Mark Norman I roll in and we're fucking hammered, and Michael like you know, showing off, pulls out blue Label and pours it for us, and I was like, dude, this is so not only do we not know, but we're fucking bomb. We're not going to know what this should taste like like I'll drink I'll drink the cheapest ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that that ship in Gin too. I don't like gin at all.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Gin. Really, you don't like a martini?
Speaker 3: No, I like the idea of a martini.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm with you on that. I loves Martini's. Like, what is it? Extra dirty, double blue cheese olives.
Speaker 1: Disgusting brings us back standing, Dude, a martini. There's something so fun about getting martini fucked up.
Speaker 3: Apple Martinis, Espresso martins.
Speaker 1: Espresso is kind of nice though, Actually those are kind of good apples, fucking whatever. That's like for a hot chick or something. But like, but espresso Martini's are solid.
Speaker 4: And you got a suit on.
Speaker 3: And you have a Martini in your hand, you look you're ten times cooler than you.
Speaker 1: Actually look like that Roger Sterling from mad Men.
Speaker 3: You look cool as fuck exactly if I knew that reference.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a cool that's a that's a good show.
Speaker 3: This man's an encyclopedia with literally every subject.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite scotch or whiskey?
Speaker 1: My favorite scotch is Lago Villain. If if if price a an issue, Lago Villain, if it is, I mean, I'll drink I will drink anything. I'm fine. I'm not like I came up at the open mics being like, oh, well, drinks are free, great, and I still feel I feel the same way with coffee, Like if you give me a good cup, I'll be like, oh this is good. But I drank gas station coffee forever and I liked it and I still like it.
Speaker 4: Something about like going on a road trip and just pulling into that gas station just knowing you're gonna get a big, big cup of coffee, big.
Speaker 3: Star phone cup.
Speaker 1: I love that shit. But uh yeah, I like the PD stuff so like a Lagovolin's so fucking good, Lafoy is so good. But uh, I mean, dude, I'll honestly have anything I have, Like Tom is like I have a reputation for drinking, so every gift I get is Scotch, and now I have way too much at home, so I'm just like I'm just like looking at it, like when the fuck am I gonna drink all this?
Speaker 4: As you?
Speaker 3: Number one Scotch?
Speaker 1: My number one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably Lago Villain.
Speaker 4: I feel like too, like when we were leaning in do it like because I love whiskey, It's like people only gift you whiskey and there's no range of versatility. At my house, it's only whiskey. My favorite is Angels mb Rye.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good stuff.
Speaker 4: The Caribbean roum casks.
Speaker 1: I love that sh We're doing that with our with our whiskey. Me and Normous Cat we're doing the rum cask for our next batch. So I'm pumped. But h I love that shit. And uh like Logovlin I'd never had, but I was on Amy Schumer's tour when she was doing like when she just did train Wreck, and she was like, at her absolute most popular, we're doing like arenas. In every green room she had logo violin. So that's like when I first tried it, I was like, wow, this is like amazing. Yeah, and then they would just let you keep the bottles because we'd fly back private, so I'm like, oh, I don't have to check anything. I could just this is like very new. So that's when I was like, wow, this is obviously I wasn't buying it myself, but I was like, this is pretty nice. You a beer guy, Not really, but I mean I like it. I just I usually drink hard liquor, but uh, just because you just saw me have to get up to I pee, like a racehorse. I drink like four or five coffees a day too, so I have to cut out you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know that takes so much time in the bathroom. Yeah, but out of efficiency.
Speaker 1: But I like beer. I like like, I like like Yingling. I drink like Classic. I just like that. It's the oldest American beer, sos a Yingling. I'll drink that. I like, Uh, what a Guinness is fucking great. I love Guinness.
Speaker 4: That's a big Guinness guy.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: What I found out in this conversation is how basic I am really, Yeah, because you just the movies depth, all the sports depth you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I just like what I like. I dude, I like bud Light, I like anything.
Speaker 3: I don't give a ship and had Hams.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Hams Hams Light blue waters?
Speaker 1: No, what is that?
Speaker 3: Twelve dollars ninety five cents for a thirty Well it was in.
Speaker 1: We Yeah, I think what was it?
Speaker 3: That stuff goes hard.
Speaker 4: A matter wedding.
Speaker 3: That was the only beer reserved.
Speaker 4: And that is true.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, went up this episode of Bring You Something Very Near and Dear to our hearts, and that is Lucy Nicotine. Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseur. That's why we're the official nicotine pouch partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams and strength and have unique shape that feels great in that little lip of yours. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with a hydration capsule inside. They're totally new kind of pouch, only available from Lucy. Each Breaker pouch contains a hydration capsule that can crack open with your teeth before tossing it in your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor that helps release the nicotine faster for an experience that you can't find any other pouch. Gas station pouches get the job done, but once you've tried Lucy, you won't want anything else in your in your pocket. Get Lucy's shipped straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, Forward slash bussin and use promo code bustin to get twenty percent off your first order. Subscribe for another fifteen percent off, and shipping is always free. Lucy products are only for adults of legal age and every order is age of verified warning the product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
Speaker 4: Back to the episode, have you you've seen this annual event that we do.
Speaker 1: I heard about it because Shane asked me to fill in, uh because he was He was like, I'm bailing. Do you want to do beer Fest or whatever it's called beer chang And I was like, and I was like, what the fuck are First off, you gotta give me more than like a week's notice. It was like a week out. I was like, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: But uh, Chris came, Chris, Chris O'Connor.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. He came, what is what is it exactly? He didn't even explain to me what. I was like, I can't.
Speaker 3: It's Beer Games Championship of the.
Speaker 4: World, and by the time you're listening, it is out right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, sixteen teams of two compete in multiple beer drinking games events.
Speaker 1: So how fucked up are you? By the end?
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's this storyline this year is Will Compton.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me call you back. We're doing a podcast with Sam Moral. Yeah, yeah, the bros here is it? She sounds like shame ha ha ha are you on speaker?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The next fucking sucked.
Speaker 1: Dude, Well then well then what the fuck are the Sixers? Shamee exact same as the fucking Knicks this year.
Speaker 6: Baby, this is you guys.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Still didn't get to.
Speaker 3: Get a ring.
Speaker 6: You guys want series felt so good, the Garden did.
Speaker 1: You're right in bead is always really healthy when it matters.
Speaker 11: Hey, the mecca, the mecca of basketball that has zero fucking rings.
Speaker 1: Two rings.
Speaker 13: We have two rings and they both count.
Speaker 4: Speaker, Are you here yet?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: I'll hit you after this podcast? Uh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, alright, see it all right.
Speaker 1: I was getting those texts all serious. I was at Game two when the Knicks had that crazy comeback five points in like thirty seconds or whatever it was, and he's just texting me, just fury and uh and my friend and I were like hugging, were like, oh my god, we're going to create I mean to see that ship live. Thevincenzo hit the three, the three and and hardensink at the block and and he's I'm like, yeah, I didn't see that. There was maybe a foul there. He saw that, but he takes a sports serious man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We were with him at that game, and you thought his whole family died in the carcs.
Speaker 1: That's how I am with the Knicks. I'm fucking yeah. I like I I was in such a bad mood when all the injuries started to pile up. I was just like it was affecting my sets. I rolled into a set at the cellar, like in a really bad mood, and my dumb fucking Knicks outfit from the game, and then I was just like, they're like, what the fuck. I'm like, they lost, that's what the fuck. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: That fandom, man, you're talking about it just makes you a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love I just love watching you know, any of the major sports. But yeah, I'm into it. I even like ones I don't know about, Like I don't know tennis or soccer that well. But if there's a good game on, I fucking love it. You are the rules of soccer not well either.
Speaker 3: I want to kind of like it, but I just can't.
Speaker 1: I've been watching the last couple of weeks for the euro Cup and everything that was pretty fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just so into it, and I don't know they're also want you realize you're watching such a high level. So even though I don't know. Shit, I'm kind of like this pretty entertaining.
Speaker 4: And then you see that video circulating where the fans are like climbing through the vents to try and get it. Fucking just it's a different world, it's a different game.
Speaker 1: It's going to be here for the World Cup coming up. So yeah, we're not I don't think we're equipped for that.
Speaker 4: We'll find out, we'll find out, we'll find out.
Speaker 3: I saw that Beckham documentary on Netflix and just seeing how much I knew nothing about it, nothing, and like I was a kid during that time and watching how much he like basically controlled style for so long. He'd get a haircut. Now all the kids had the haircuts. They just lived and.
Speaker 1: Breathed what he did.
Speaker 3: Everything he did, Spice girls, all that. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I started because it's a series, right, Yeah, I watched like the first episode. It's really another one. I just started was at one.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's it's been it's been dope so far. But any of those docs, Dude, it's like when the Lance Armstrong all the what.
Speaker 1: That made me like him way more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you realize and you realize too that everybody was doing it. He just found it the better way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's obviously.
Speaker 3: Not the better way.
Speaker 4: He got caught. Yeah, well I'm just saying like as he was like dust and people because everybody was trying to out him.
Speaker 1: But he raised a lot of money for cancer too. Yeah, I mean he did some good ship. He was cheating, was cheating.
Speaker 3: We got anything else?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Boys in the back, I was gonna say, you are You're more than welcome to participate in the Beer Games next year.
Speaker 1: All right, who's my partner, Norman?
Speaker 3: If you want me to be absolutely it's rowdy, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: With that clip again, Yeah, just say that clip where Taylor Hey, that mullet was flowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to bring it back man mullet for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one was not this past year, but the year before last year.
Speaker 3: It is awesome. And then so you start off with a thirty six ounds beer chug for time like you and Mark would drink, and then whatever your times were added together and that would cause seating just for then flip cup, then beer pong, then beer ball, and then a championship beer pong round.
Speaker 1: So one of us could be a six chugger and the other one focks us and now we're playing like that place. And but you could be a great chuggar and not good at like beer pong and other stuff that I see where this gets complexed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the more the better you do in the early rounds, you get more drunk. But the people that maybe not be as good, they're more sober. So it all kind of equals itself out as you go, Like farther down the line.
Speaker 1: What about are the people enforcing the lean and beer pong? The lean fucking infuriates me. We did we did a comedy seller It was my idea the Sellar party one year where uh I kind I put out there. I was like, they do a really good job at the party. They get like Popeyes, fried chicken, they get like sandwiches. It's a great, great catering and obviously it's open bar. We're all getting fucked up. But I said one year to Liz the manager, I was like, I'd like a beer pong table at the party this year, and she she goes, I'll do one, but I'm getting two. Turned into a huge thing. Everyone's you know, fighting, but I remember forgot who it was on my team, but I know it's against Moamer, the comedian, and he's a fucking leaner. He was time, Oh my god, just leaning and and we were just kind of like you're leaning, is like this is fine, but I'm like, I don't wanna. I don't want to be leaning too. It ruins the fox up the curve, it ruins the game. I'm talking about this like a like a purist year. I sound like a racist when black people started playing basketball, This is not how it's supposed to be played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll have a lot of fun at this. Yeah, David Stevid bots he's a tackle. He is very similar to kind of how you're talking right now, Like every rule has to be followed to a t. He finds the edges and the rules. It's a good time.
Speaker 1: Well, the first scene of the movie with me and Mark is we're playing beer pong.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love when you combine sports and alcohol.
Speaker 3: I think it's a classic wholesome game too. Bring is that your favorite?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite drinking game?
Speaker 3: YEP, I would say probably beer pong.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm a chug guy though, Like I'm pretty good at games, but that's my.
Speaker 4: Like, oh he's chug Yeah, damn bestrug I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I'd beat Julian Edelman in a chugging contest on everything, but it was water because he just shoot the next day. God, but it.
Speaker 3: Felt good still no matter what. Yeah, the chug is that. That's that's my thing for sure.
Speaker 4: I like, uh, I mean, beer Pong's awesome. I also really enjoy beer ball and beer ball bear gue.
Speaker 1: What's beer dye?
Speaker 4: Beer die is like it's more of like a subjective line. You have to like toss the dye above this line that you're all kind of like, you know, it's like elbows gentleman's game. You toss the beer die up and you're trying to land it in the cup. But if it hits the table and like you fumble at it all, it's a point. If it hits the ground, I think it's two points. If it gets in the cup, I think it's three points. But it's just a great it's just a great competitive game to where it balls. Some skill. It's like you got to be good at catching the die. You can only catch with one hand. You can't use a supportive hand. Damn you play beer ball before.
Speaker 1: I've never played it. No beer the ones I know with flip cup and beer pong.
Speaker 3: Beer ball is a can of beer on all four corners, and so Will and I are partners. Will throws the ball and if the ball hits a can between the time that they retrieve the ball and bring it back to the table, I crack my beer and drink it as fast as I can. And then it's whoever finishes both the beers first.
Speaker 1: I like it. Yeah, did you come up with this one?
Speaker 13: Or is this now?
Speaker 3: This has been around for a while.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. That one looks it looks fun. And then well, how big of the is the ball? We're talking pink pong ball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ping pong ballh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I just think beer pong is just such a classic. Everybody's played at one point in their life. It's just a fun game.
Speaker 1: I remember I was a kid playing beer pong, like underage drinking in New York, just fake idea and the whole thing. And I don't know how it happened, but I got too drunk and I was talking shit to some big guy, random dude in the bar, and uh, and I don't know, like it wasn't affecting him my shit talking and I was like trying to get a rise at him. I was annoyed, so after he beat me, I just took one of the empty cups and threw it at him, and he's still kind of like laughing off, and I threw another one at him, and then I was so drunk I picked up the water cup and beamed him with it and he just looked at me and I was like, there's a big fucking dude, and he just walked over me. My friend went out for a cigarette, and all I remember is my friend he was looking at the dude and he just saw the guy holding me by the throat against the bar, and he's like, shit, we should get the fuck out of here, just with two fingers, just hold me like that.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm surprised it took him that long.
Speaker 1: I know I deserved it.
Speaker 4: I was great.
Speaker 1: I deserve to get the shit kicked out of me, and he had restraint. But like, dude, those knights at the bar just getting fucked up playing beer pong, those are those are fun. It's a fun fuck up. But that next day you just get the worst night's sleep because you're pissing all night.
Speaker 3: Maybe for you man acorn.
Speaker 1: Bladder I got, I got the worst bladder, dude.
Speaker 3: I I would take a house party over a bar in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, of course. Yeah. But in New York there weren't a lot of house party Yeah.
Speaker 3: What about Tulane, I was.
Speaker 1: Only there for a year year and a half. Yeah, of course. I remember even pledging the frat at first, just to just to get the free booze. Like I didn't want to join a frat. I remember when they were trying to. They gave me a bit at one of them. But it was also, like I found out later, like the frat that just got in trouble for blackface or something. I was like, I don't think I want to be a part of this threat. But they but they cornered me in the room and they were like you are our first bid. And I was like, oh, I'm gonna leave school. I'm not doing this, and they I thought they were going to beat the shit out of me, because they like were clenching their fist. I think they try to intimidate me. And I was like, oh no, I don't want to do this and that. But then since a bunch of them have like come to shows and stuff.
Speaker 3: Everythin's watching Animal House. I always thought I don't get the deal with fraternities, and it's just not me.
Speaker 1: It's not I don't get the idea of a guy doing horrible shit to me and then being like we're brothers. Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of a duke where they're shoving the broom up the dude's ass.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't get. I don't get the camaraderie there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're closer.
Speaker 1: He's raping me. He's like, now we're cool.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in the stripes.
Speaker 4: Bring it in and break it down.
Speaker 3: It's been fun.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 1: Oh this was a blast, man, Thanks for having me. What the dude?
Speaker 3: You get Beer Games Championship with the World twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in. You're in all right?
Speaker 4: With Mark? Sounds like he's in since he.
Speaker 3: This is literally way too early planning because we had our planning done last year and.
Speaker 4: It fell apart. Like you said, Shane, Shane bailed, Shane dropped out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a busy dude, he is. He takes the bag, he's got that he's got what he should be man ship. He's got the he's got the hot hand right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's got a Is that thunder was that hope?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Maybe we just got nuked and we're okay because we're in this fucking bunker, crazy like.
Speaker 3: If we actually lived. This is the one thing that can hold it all off.
Speaker 1: Ninety two degrees.
Speaker 4: Pulling up the weather. All right, boy, subscribe, Thanks Stargs, Tiny kisses,