Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy, Greg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: And here we go America. Are you ready America? Shelby Sandwich Shop says yes? How am I?
Speaker 3: Rock?
Speaker 4: Texas says yes?
Speaker 2: Tennessee truck driver says, hey, march already. Let's go Ready.
Speaker 5: Contest Rock Mills, Alabama, Laurel, Mississippi, hick a Use State Football champ, Robinsville, North Carolina, Hey, guys are ready.
Speaker 2: Louisville, Kentucky says We're in Huntsville, Alabama, Jonesboro, Arkansas, Yellow Greek Tescalosa County. Let's go Alabama has Matt drivers. What's good? Rip carefully? There's them dogs in Jorgatown.
Speaker 6: U A W in.
Speaker 7: Pennsylvania kragging out them automobiles.
Speaker 2: America's time?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for everybody?
Speaker 2: Fort Ruker good to see you, brook Haven east of Boga.
Speaker 6: You know it was.
Speaker 2: Funny you guys were talking about Speedy, Greg and Adler all here, and we've talked about this before, but when you went to Rainbow, Omega and we talked about that trip, that wonderful organization Gregan and Speedy will help them again with a fundraiser coming up in August. But and we talked about they were actually located in a community in Alabama called East to Boga, not far from where Greg and I grew up, and so I mean real close. And so when I was in college and we mentioned before, I would throw out East to Boga and people thought I was referencing something being a long way or way or out in the middle of nowhere. Tell you one thing, and oh yeah, the next thing, we got some laws. We was out in the middle East of Boga, okay. And so I was like, no, that's a real place. And they were like, that's not a real place. And I remember some of them came home with me from college and when they saw that East Boga signed, they couldn't believe it. They were like, that's a real place. I said, of course, that's a real place. Did they think you were saying east of Boga correct? Okay? Yeah, you know, like you'd.
Speaker 4: Say yes, not to be confused west of both correct?
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They thought it was a reference to something that's a long way or don't know where you are, and I know, no, No, it's a it's an actual place.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Easter to Boga, Greg, what does it really belong to? Is it is? I will say this when a community day, I know that now it's Oxford, so it belongs to Oxford, a lot of it. Where I saw Oxford City Limit at where you get off at East Boga, you know, I turned and went the other way when left and I'm going to seventy eight right there at seventy eight where you come out. Yeah, the signs at Oxford City Limits.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got the world's largest office chair there.
Speaker 2: That's all this stuff you're going, it's close to it. Yeah, that's downtown anis hey Adler when it comes to Calhoun County, Calm down, reckless. Let Greg and I handle this. Claiming all this stuff even got the music, you can't claim. You can't claim that museum.
Speaker 4: In This is Google making these false claims. It really what about the international sports closed?
Speaker 10: You can now for those of you around the country is trying to picture what we're talking about. It's if you're coming, If you're coming, it's a community.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: If you're coming from Atlanta to go to Talladega Superspeedway, it's the first exit.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if you're coming from Birmingham. It's a second. It's right there at the dirt track and all that.
Speaker 2: And it does appear that it is now part of the city limits of Oxford, Alabama, where Greg and I grew up. So the community of Eastbogo. Do you know one thing, every time I bring it up, I know a couple of things that Eastaboga and buying them run together. Yeah, one thing's gonna one thing I've already told you, and somebody sent me a picture of it the other day. Number one. So of all things odd. So when I started becoming friends with Rich Wingo, now, Rich Wingo has got quite a bit of connection to many people out there. First of all, a road tade. If you love the Tide, you know that Wingo was on a couple of National championship teams with the Paul Bear Bryant in the seventies. You know that. If you're a Green Bay Packer fan, you know that Rich Wingo, you know, played an awesome middle linebacker for them Ackers. And one time he didn't enjoy as much. I think was moved outside linebacker when they had a coaching change. He didn't care for that. But anyway, so we uh, we've the closer we've gotten as friends. He is actually from Indiana, rich Is. That's where his family is. He came to Alabama to play for the Tide okay, and then stayed in Alabama with his with his wife. So who was I think from North Alabama. But anyway, so one day we're talking and he goes, well, you know my family though, I used to come and see my family in Calhoun County. And I was like, what are you talking about? I said, where he goes. Have you heard of East Boga? I said, of course, I've heard of East Boga. He said, yeah, my granddaddy I think had a store. There's still there's a little little Wingo stores. It's not operational, but the buildings is a sign on it. We were talking about that when we went to Rambo Mega. You brought that and I thought, what a weird connection that now we have. We have an East Boga connection. Yeah, yes, we do. Yeah, And he said he even played in cowater corect Oh Boy, and when he was a little boy they named it right boy, it's cold. It's cod yes, not very deep, but sure it's cold. So uh So, anyway, there's an Easter Boga update. Yeah, get it. Started on that. Yeah, well people, you know, they're they're ready, they're when when they're they're ready with everybody else. But you know, with a name like that, it does almost sound like it's made up or someplace that doctor SEUs said people live or something. And uh and apparently there's some place called Big Boga that is east of.
Speaker 4: Did y'all know there's an old east of Boga?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: No, oh yeah, a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 2: Sure, people don't know it. Is this that thing where people in Selmill try to be sharp about Old Cahaba. You've heard you heard Dery very Heaven wrote a song about. Oh yeah, and I for I think for a brief moment, just for a brief moment, that ca Haba was even the capital of the Confederacy. There for just a brief run.
Speaker 4: Y'all know where this map is?
Speaker 12: Uh right, there's the industrial park.
Speaker 2: We know that's old. Yeah, people, I know where that is pulling up up, we know where all that is. Yeah, I mean, that's that's where we grew up. And I mean, come on, I mean that's that's when we were coming up. That was Welburn, it was, yeah, it was That's.
Speaker 12: All this is where the combat park is where you can drive a tank.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's modern day though, but yeah, it wasn't there when we were that they didn't have the tank. Let me tell what you're doing right now. It's like Greg and I try to tell you what's going on in San Antonio.
Speaker 12: All Right, we got to go drive a tank sometime, and I'm gonna go check out y'all's hometown at Easy.
Speaker 2: Got that big bill drive a tank, so the Yeah, so a lot of the audience got to come to our hometown.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The very first conference we ever had with man Church and we did our own conference was in Oxford at the Performing Arts, which has some cool concerts and so a lot of you got to come and hang out there and and it was It was interesting because when you come to someone else's area, you always watch their facial reaction. Like when you picked where you're going to stay, so you jo'll got a hotel, you know where you're staying, you get that face, Yeah, I hope you didn't bring a good car, you know, No, no one guy was like, yeah, we waited late, so we just we had to try to find a hotel and we finally found one where'd you where'd you find? Yeah? When he told me, When he told me, I was like, there's a reason there were rooms available.
Speaker 4: It's in a sleeping bag. You might want to bring your own sleeping bag.
Speaker 2: I think I just stay in the parking lot tonight. I don't think i'd go back. So so anyway, we do have a lot to cover today, I know, on on a serious note, which you know we're not overly serious, but on a serious note, we're not afraid of serious.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We do have an update from Israel today. There's there's a feeling something big is about to happen in this conflict, conflict that's going on with Israel and originally with Hamas, and of course that includes Ron with the hooties, and you know all the different terrorist groups that are financed by Iran, and we know that we've had a little back and forth with the two. We're going inside Israel today and we're going to talk to Shannie Ferguson with my o's Israel, and we'll get an update to inside and we'll tell you when we come back. Trump leaving the G seven early has everybody going hmmm, something something big may be about to happen in the Iranian Israeli conflict. So we'll we don't know that, it's just saying that it looks that way. We'll be back more of the Rick Burgers Show coming up right up to this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the hardest working men in the business, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: That's right, just out work in a competition. Thank you having you home, nobody goes at our pace. Thanks for being with us today, America. We're excited about the show that is out before you here. A lot of you have already responded. If you're in a situation, if yourself or somebody you love is in this situation, we're stepping over into the traditional tub. Could be a major negative event, a fall, a trip, and you're concerned about that, it's time for a step walk in tub. Then we want to point you to the company that's going to handle it. They're out of the great State of Tennessee, Tennessee Safe step walk in tubs. Now we're going to get you sixteen hundred dollars off. I know you want to know that using our code big vox or just mentioning the show. We also want you to know that once they meet with you, no obligation. Great people. They can get that bathroom. They can get it done in a day. So when I talk about this lingering on people in my house, I don't like, is there anything more intrusive than when there's repair work being done inside the home? Anything more intrusive. But they're only going to be there and get it done in a day. They're also going to offer you some therapeutic benefits if you want to add those for aching muscles and joints and increase your mobility, boost your energy, and prove your sleep safe, step walk in tubs right now called one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty. Or you can just go to Rick Burgesshow dot com look at sponsors the numbers there. They're also going to throw in a free shower package that's going to be included because you're supporting what we do, which we're thankful for that so called one nine five six twelve twenty. Or use that link at Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors and let's get this done. So Israel and Iran, Iran, you know, and so the situation there seems to be intensifying everybody. I know. Yesterday we were all watching the video. Uh, and I guess this is in Tehran where there's a newsperson on the air, you know, doing the normal you know, propaganda that these evil regimes do. And while she's given us that a missile hits the actual TV station that was the Iran State TV. Yeah, you know state and you always trust State TV tell you true. But but so she's doing the broadcast and there's there's the there's the missile hitting the TV station. Uh uh you got to debris flying around. Time time to get off the anchored ask Yeah, time to go go take cover? Uh as the TV station was taken out during the broadcast. Yeah, so so there you go. She she got out quick. She did.
Speaker 10: It was it was It's so real. It almost looked like a bad skit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 10: But and I think Shane, who will be talking to with my o's later Israel. She even alluded to that in one of her daily updates yesterday, and she said what she was saying at the time that the ankle, what the anchor was saying, is that Israel is bombing us and and all this kind of suff She was kind of talking about that, and all of sudden, one hit yep.
Speaker 2: So anyway, and then of course a lot a lot of you know, murmur murmur murmur murmur Uh. Trump and Rubio. Uh, they they cut their G seven trips short uh, returning to d C uh and uh. And they're also everybody matter, I've seen footage of this, the Iranians fleeing Terran. Uh. They they're they're trying to get out of the city. So I think they all sense that Israel is about to do something. You said, uh speedy, that they're even not even hiding that fact that a quote was made by one of the Israeli officials that if you thought our beeper deal was a big deal, as Bachman Turner overdrive said, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 10: No, And that was the is Israel's ambassador. US ambassador says, the Beeper operation will seem simple compared to what's planned for Iran.
Speaker 2: So there we go. So what what will that look like? Will that will that bring Iran? Now when you're dealing with evil regimes And I actually was watching one of the videos that Shannie Ferguson has has put out on her own with my O's Israel and says, you know, when you're dealing with these in the culture of the Middle East. Uh, there there's there's honor, there's shame, and there's all kinds of ways this has to be done. And she said, you know, when these leaders, even if they're taken out, if they're taken out in a way that seems honorable, it can actually increase their following. If they're taken out in a way that seems shameful, that's what they try to avoid. And they said, that's why when even when they're returning, she said, if you go back and watch, even when Hamas was returning hostages, which means they are meet giving into a demand from Israel, they had them all marching in a parade like it was a celebration. They put signs on them, I'm a prisoner of Hamas. You know, they were trying even though they were giving them back, there was some saving of face in the process. We did grab you, we did have a successful attack. All of that. So also, and we'll talk more about that when we interview her. Coming up a little bit later on what the people of Israel seem to be bracing for. So nobody knows, you know, it's all speculation right now, but I think it's I don't think you're out on a lamb based on the things we already have just heard people say, like the one Bubba, I mean, Bubba Speedy just mentioned. When you say something for a long time, it's just there. But is that something's about to happen and Israel is about to ramp up something offensively. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: And did y'all see that Trump posted Iran should have signed the deal?
Speaker 12: I told them to sign. What a shame, what a waste of human life. Simply stated Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. I said it over and over again. Everyone should immediately evacuate Tehran, and as you can see, they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And he has, I mean, he has given them so many opportunities.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 12: That big strike from Israel came sixty one days after Trump told Iran they have sixty days, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Greg, how deep did you say the bunkers were about three miles? I hear that right, well, and I think some of that may be and we'll talk about that. The reason why somebody thinks something, you know, something big is about to be launched by Israel is what you just said. Some of the scientists and some of the ongoing nuclear research that Iran is doing is so down underground. They're going to have to drop something or fire something that can penetrate down to a bunker buster. That's exactly right. So so there you go, and they have, you know, taken out so many of Iran's military leaders, including somehown text nations saying, you know, the head of the army that they've taken him out too. So, you know, I can't remember the exact number, but I think they targeted I want to say, somewhere around twenty three and they got twenty one of them. So there's a little bit of chaos in the military leadership in Iran too because of that first attack. So so we'll see, you know, hopefully Iran will we'll understand that they really don't have any way out and maybe there's a road and they can pretend to save face and all that. That's that's perfectly fine as long as this thing can be de escalated a little bit. But we'll we'll find out more when we when we talk to uh Seannie Ferguson with my o's Israel coming up in a couple of hours on the live show. All right, we'll be back all right. So they pointed a new one and Israel took him out too. Okay, well we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Men Don't Run in the Raid. The new book by Rick Bridges available no wherever you get books.
Speaker 2: Thanks for all the feedback. I got some of those in Hey Birds Today. Loved those pictures, love those updates. All right? So, uh I actually got one last night an email you talking about somebody who has it just like they like it. Oh, Turks and Caicos, one of those beautiful islands out there in the Caribbean or Caribbean, whichever one you go with. And he's and you need to see that old beautiful water. And he's holding up the books that got it just like A like it, reading it. Uh So. Uh So anyway, Greg, also, uh one thing I want to tell you, because you know now we're hearing from people all over with Dad and all his incredible influence and things that he he's he's done everywhere. So do you remember the guy who did And I don't know if he continued to do it when he was at Jacksonville State, but I know he did it when he was coaching at Oxford high school, Smitty the film Guy, Film Guy, Smitty the film Guy, Friday Night and get it. You know where he went the radio building where? Yeah? And so anyway, so he was he was the one and I mentioned Smitty in the book. And I actually heard from Smitty's son. By the way, I have the book and I'm reading about my dad and about that. Yeah, so so that that's kind of cool. So all these little connections are happening in Oliver or so. So anyway, thanks for all of that. So Greg, you were you already mentioned it is? I don't know. At forty one, is Aaron Rodgers worth all the drama and weirdness he brings? I mean, why it's a strange. I mean, why can't he just not be weird? I mean, you know, if you're young and you're like, he was incredible and you can, you know, throw it through the eye of a needle, you're worth it. But yeah, at forty one, does anybody want you to be weird? I mean you really need to be Like everybody going, I'm glad we got the forty one. You're ol He's worth it? Yeah worthy? So now you know, for some reason, her in a wedding ring just showed up and just mentions in passing that he got married a few months ago, and now his family is coming and going out. We don't know if he's married or not. This thing just like a ceremony for partners or what. I don't excuse me. That weird. Well, now this one woman he was with, the witch, now she was weird. Is this a new witch? I don't know about that. We don't know who she. Yeah, we don't know who she is.
Speaker 12: He's married, No, always she said, I'm not a witch, I'm your wife.
Speaker 2: Okay, noight, Okay, that's that's from Princess Bride.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I do that's right. I don't remember that. We just kind of looked at you. Sorry, buddy, fine, I was that the one where that wasn't the one that, like the male of the couple was played by Billy Crystal. Okay, yeah, I don't know who this witch is.
Speaker 4: I'm not a witch.
Speaker 2: I'm your wife. Oh that's right. Okay, I forgot. I thought you were saying more. Sorry, But anyway, now there he's just for I don't even why would his family even weigh in on this? Why? Why? Why they're always stirring he and his family just it's so strange. And so now the family is saying that they don't believe he They think it's possibly he's not officially married. Yeah, uh, he's pretending to be married. Is he like his helmet yet he's had some sort of ceremony.
Speaker 10: But you know what's sad is is most families, if they have any type of relationship, they kind of know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's been on the ounce with it.
Speaker 10: Oh I know, but then it was, hey, we patched it up, and now I guess we're not. I mean, he's just California weird, you know, so remember weird.
Speaker 2: And then there's that don't don't forget his longtime feud with younger brother Jordan, who was on the Bachelorette. Yeah, and does SEC football now and does that. Yeah he's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so they're on the outs and the UFL game though.
Speaker 4: All that Steeler's helmet looks weird on him. I don't know why, but it does.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like it. It's weird. It's weird on it. It does it weird and uh so, so okay, I know he's from California. Rick I got it saying he's California. Right, I got you. You're right, you're right, Speedy. Really we don't have the same thing of that. No, I mean, he's just he's just weird. And I think you're right on something. Rick.
Speaker 10: When he was younger, and you know, he didn't have all the drama. It's almost like the drama was buried. Yeah, and and his his athleticism and his pilots on the field, that was the story.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember.
Speaker 10: That's faded and we've had injuries, we've had the jets, and now all the other has kind.
Speaker 2: Of come to the forefront. Yeah, you're right. I remember when he was young. I can't even can't even remember that the weird was ever even able to push through and get in the head. That's right.
Speaker 10: Now, he have a good steal if he has a great season with the Steelers. Now, the weirdness is going to fade again. It's going to be about how great he is.
Speaker 2: I want us to go on record right now, because it'll be harder to do it right now. We haven't seen anything. Yeah, just is our notion that he's going to have a good year or is it just gonna be another disappointing What happened. If he's gonna be a flop, but I don't think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 10: My prediction is if he can stay injury free, and that's you know, now I'm not heard I do at whatever. He's gonna have a really good year, but that's if he if he stays.
Speaker 2: Healthy, I'm going to average. I it's not great. So when you're Aaron Rodgers at forty one and and you probably should have won more super bows than you did. As a Packer fan, I thought we should have done better than that run, but hey, you know we got one. Okay, So but there's no way you go anywhere and say I'll help with the young guy and I'll be the backup. No, so he starts, Oh absolutely, okay, Yeah, every wonder you ever wonder. Sometimes, if at forty one, I'm the backup, let me help the young kid would be more beneficial to everybody. Yeah, then let's put the old guy there and see if he can find just some flashes of glory. I hate I'm gonna bring this up. And I wasn't even a huge fan. I just have great respect for what was accomplished in football, not in life. In football, Tom Brady was able to do things older that some of these guys I just don't think can do. It's that weird day even and go Adler.
Speaker 12: So is it possible that Aaron Rodgers seemed normal because everyone around him was wearing like cheesehead hats and stuff. And it's like, if that's going on all around you, you seem pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Careful, you know, careful going after packers. Don't forget it when he's sat in the dark for how many days? And weird stuff.
Speaker 10: It all started when when the packers and that kind of ended, and then he started holding out and where's it going sitting in the dark? To your point, then you go to the jets, largest market in the country, and then now everything's about him, and then you had hard knocks and then he gets hurt. He's just been it's just been drama filled. And then you have his ex girlfriend, some of them saying that it's the worst time of their life, right, it doesn't help, and then his family doesn't and they're they're all splintered.
Speaker 2: It's just a He's just a weird dude. I'm afraid that Aaron Rodgers is one of those people that has yet to consider it might be him. Yeah, right, but here.
Speaker 10: But here's what's so confusing about him. I haven't seen a ton of them, but I have seen a lot of clips and reels and all that. Then he gets on Pat mcpeinn. He looks like he's just chill and hanging.
Speaker 2: Out, and you're like, why kind I like dang with that guy. But then you hear all these reports about how weird he is. Would you say, he's the only person ever went on record that says I'm playing well because I went off on an island and did drugs. He's only he's the only one to ever openly say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hanging out with Joe Rogan. You know, that's why your circle is so important. It is circle of friends.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan seems to be showing inklings of coming around. But he's come around. Yeah, but he'll jump back. Yeah, he might come around. Spiritually, I think we're probably moving a little faster than he really is. You know, he's just kicking the tires.
Speaker 4: He did admit that he's been going to church.
Speaker 2: Yes, he has to.
Speaker 12: His big time lib buddies, and that's that can be a hard step for you, you know, if you if you've lived in lib liberal atheists, you know, cool world, the cool comedian world. Admitting that you are going to a church regularly with your family, that can be a big step, a big social step. And he did admit that they gave him a little bit of grief. And he said, man, that they're just people trying to trying.
Speaker 4: To be better people. They're just they're just.
Speaker 12: Nice people trying to be better people. That's all I've seen so far. And evidently he's taken a break from drinking as well, so that you never know.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. And by the way, look, look I'm sitting here, I'm an example of it. I mean, if you're willing to be transformed, the power to be transformed and the process of continuing to be transformed is available to you in the person of Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit. No question, you know, you just have to go. And you're right about what you just said. What I respect about a person like Joe Rogan. It looks like he finally came to the conclusion which we've always been saying. If you want to get to the bottom of the truth of everything, why are you not pursuing this? Go investigate it? You know, we do believe by faith, but our faith is also based on a huge body of evidence. And I've watched him interview people and he's considering the evidence. There's no doubt he is because it is there, right. And now you're never going to get down a road that at some point you're not going to run into faith. I mean you're going to, but you can go gather all the information first, you know, and apply that to your pursuit, which I think he's doing. So I respect that. And I talked to someone yesterday that I won't name, and they said, what you just said, if you want to work. See, he's got to the point now where it doesn't affect his work because he's got his own thing. He's no longer held held hostage to you better keep your mouth shut about your spiritual pursuits if you ever want to work in Hollywood again. And this person was telling me, when it comes to politics and when it comes to you know, your spiritual convictions, if you want to work in Hollywood, you're really better off just to keep your mouth shut, sadly, yeah, and not not really come down unless you're gonna come down on the left, then you're allowed to do that. But if you're if you're a conservative, or you're you're a Christian, if you want to keep working, I mean in Hollywood, you know, he said you just have to kind of keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 12: And I quoted Joe saying, Uh, from what he sees, they're just people trying to be better, be better people.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 12: Somebody commented, Jesus doesn't make people better, he makes people whole. I totally agree, that's right. I was quoting him Joe Rogan's kind of elementary view of what Christianity was.
Speaker 4: I wasn't saying that's what Christianity is.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: What he was do be careful for you jump on the home keys. What Adam was trying to point to, which we all need to understand, is that we think that people that know nothing about this that they understand are phrases. They understand this language that we use. They have no idea. And what Adler's trying to point to you is a guy who's seeking That's how he sees it. Now, that's all he was saying. And it's important to know that so you can correct that, you know, as it goes forward. But if he starts out that way, But whatever's come on in and sit down and we'll walk with you, you know, and as time comes along, we'll answer your questions and we'll even correct that point of view. Really, as the person pointed out, really we're all a bunch of beggars just trying to show you where the bread is. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you waity to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six, big fucks man.
Speaker 2: Awhile, since we've let this group do unscreened phone calls, sorry about that. Some of you have emailed me about that. So let's steal one here to wrap up our number one unscreened phone calls. All ten lines are available. The number is eight eight eight, the number six big a vox. So remember, unscreened phone calls means that you're just gonna hear ringing if you're new to this, and we screen these on the fly. This has become preferred on the Rick Burgers Show. And how about this. I'm enjoying it too. It really seems like that we're getting more quality calls, getting a lot more calls because you're like, all right, I'm not going to be hung out here waiting through the screening process and all that. So what we do now is we take them as they come. So if you want to dial us at eight day eight, the number six big vox, now's your time to do so, and we'll start running through them one by one. So if you hear ringing hanging, there were coming to you. I did not know this from the text nation Right now they said that Pennsylvania is the state that has the most unmarried people forty or older. Did you know that? Oh I didn't. I said, that's becoming a new trend. All right, to the phones, we go, Hello, you're on unscreened phone calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, probably what's up, fellows? Good morning, having Father's Day?
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy. I hope you had a good one.
Speaker 6: Right, missed yesterday, but I wanted to just feel y'all in. I had about the best Father's day I think I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sunday, all right.
Speaker 6: Went to church, got home and everybody left me alone and I was able to watch TV by myself, and it didn't have to get up unless I wanted to.
Speaker 2: You know what, there's nothing that mad would love better than that. Congratulations, Rick Burgers show screen phone calls are rolling, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Yes, I need a.
Speaker 14: I need some advice from you guys. I'm a teacher. Uh, and I would get some advice from some good guys. Okay, what what is your answer to a teacher for telling a male parent that his fly is unzipped a female or not?
Speaker 6: Well, did that happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Recently I felt died when my assistant told the parent that his flaw was unzipped.
Speaker 12: I thought it was very inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Whoa, So this wasn't just somebody at the office like you. I realized what you asked. Now we're telling about somebody's parents that showed up, somebody's daddy.
Speaker 14: I thought, maybe, you know, let him go to public to cross the street. What someone tell him?
Speaker 9: You all do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. Yeah, I think I'm with you. I'm with you all. Yeah.
Speaker 14: It's turned really red. And now I can't you know, I teach summer too, so I can't look at him. I was wondering what you guys thought. So there you Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we had a female that text yesterday and she says she deals with this at the office and she will actually now it's not a teacher talking to a parent. It's coworkers. She said, she lets them know. And she said her deal is if it's if it's more than halfway on zip, she says something if it's halfway, she didn't say anything. But I think in this case, I don't know that a teacher and a parent teacher conversation should say, oh, by the way, dad, you flies on zip. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, if if we know each other, that's one thing that's different. You know, that's different a friend, an acquaintance or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I don't really know. I want to sit back and watch it happen other people in counter hope. Would you would you? Would you wrap up the parent teacher meeting and on the way out just pull off the side. Hey, just so you know, because then they're going, why didn't you tell me? So I spent this whole tame? Yeah, okay, uh we continue Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Yeah, I know this goes the way back when I used to you know, the butt naked Friday? What if you went to having free ball Friday?
Speaker 2: What what is that?
Speaker 4: Thank you Sarah so much?
Speaker 2: It was what we covered how you so we covered in the meeting yesterday. How about this? It was even on the board. Uh yeah, So how about that? That that what you just asked me to do, sir, was Rick, Why don't you return to the time before you were redeemed? Go back to being a lost Rick? And so I just you know that that that that that old Rick is not even on the table anymore, you know what I mean. But it's you know, it's it's pretty funny look back at some of it. But uh if you think that was something offensive, then can you imagine how offensive that would be at sixty all right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we continue Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 3: I so, I know we just had Father's Day and I'm a new up and coming stepfather. But wonder what kids helms he spent Father's Day with.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I mean, everybody is on the I don't think y'all.
Speaker 10: Man, Did you say the first time this is this is the unscreen phone calls this hour for.
Speaker 2: The first time? No, no, I did a long time. I did it once in the back of it actually, I mean, I mean months ago, and it went really well. Yeah, you guys, not so well. Today, right, you know, we're talking about having New Year and all that. I think we can let Father's Day go. It's Tuesday, right, right, done? Right? You know I have to keep wishing everybody happy. Five been a minute, yeah, And I know, I mean, it doesn't hold that much. Yeah. And and I want to say this. I know that I know what it's like out there, and I know that I know the world we live in, Okay, And I know that a lot of y'all out there, y'all want blood and guts, okay, But but you know, there's there's things going on in people's personal lives connected to this show.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we're not gonna come on this platform and jump into people's personal lives, okay, no matter how it may or may not be.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you have anything that you ever want to talk to anybody involving this show about their personal lives, you contact them directly. You don't come on this platform and start mouthing Okay. That's that's not how we handle things, Okay. Uh, all of us spend a lot of time together, and that doesn't mean that things don't happen that but but the bottom line is there still needs to be a respect for that person and their private personal life, okay, And this is not the platform to come on here talking that kind of trash, okay. And I know there's been a couple of other attempts to do that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm and we're we're not gonna get on here and disparage the guys that we work with for that amount of time. Some of y'all want that, boy, golly bolly, we want you all to do and we're not gonna do that. Now, if they choose to do it, that's their own business, but we're not gonna do it. And and I'm not gonna tolerate that. Top of the hour, I mean, show some respect, yeah, for the especially for this family. We'll be back more of the show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You better listen up, you know, like.
Speaker 13: Ass I'm in an.
Speaker 2: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of Lisa in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, let's go. Thank you for being with us on a brand new edition. We've got a lot to cover on the program today, including we're gonna talk Israel from inside of Israel, my os Israel, and Shanie will be with us Ferguson. We'll be talking about that, so yeah, we'll know exactly what's going on. A lot of people feel like something big is about to happen and the Iranian Israeli conflict, so we'll we'll be watching. Thanks for being with us as we move forward. Also, we got Vox seats today, so there will be a Burgess Ball battle coming up a little bit later on. Guess what happened last Friday? Money, Money, Money, The Old will gave up Bucks on its bundles and bits and Bucks opportunities. Greg, You've got to be thrilled, and we just want to say, Man, we're happy for you. We really are. We're so excited for you. Joey Chestnut, Yeah, he will compete in Nathan's Hot Dog eating Contest. One of the most disgusting things on this planet.
Speaker 15: We do.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bad. He was forced to miss the twenty twenty four event, but he says he will be back. Ratings must have been down. You remember then he had his own battle on a Netflix against Kobyashi. Oh yeah, that was the big showdown. He blew him out, he did night. Do you think he's he's just he's really moved ahead of Kobaki and Kobe is back in retirement now right, I mean I applaud both of them trying to make something happen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know net Ex Yeah, I think I they did say the mill or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Not nothing quite as disgusting as a Nathan's hot dog eating contest. Pretty it's it's it's awful.
Speaker 4: So much just wet bread?
Speaker 2: Yeah bread? How about this? I don't even like for my sandwich. Just a little bit of it to get wet? No, I it off? Yeah, yeah right, I'm not doing that. I can't. I can't do that.
Speaker 12: Is there anything worse when you take the ketchup? Oh and you forget to shake it up and gets all over your bun.
Speaker 2: We got to shake it, you know when it happened, I tell you, the one that's the hardest. Ketchup seems to be pretty easy to get the water mixed back in mustard mustard.
Speaker 4: That water is just straight up vinegar mustard.
Speaker 2: You gotta fight mustard, you know.
Speaker 13: Back up?
Speaker 2: Yeah you speaking of that. Of course you're not here yet, so you're your kids are just too tiny for this. But one day you'll face this. Have you all ever notice that your adult children, Greg, maybe not as much for you, since yours are all married have their own families. You may not You probably don't experience this as much anymore. Yeah, but this thing where adult children swoop into your home and your wife lets them carry your stuff out with them, like they'll go. I'm sitting there and I'm like, uh, so, you know, big Love comes home and and uh and I'm like, hey, I'm gonna tell what I'm gonna do today after church since it's still is Father's Day. You know, I know we did some stuff yesterday, cooked out the burgers and and all that, and I said, but you know, I love to come catch that stray burger uh on on Sunday the next day. And she goes, oh, no, that that's not yours. And I said, what are you talking about? She said, well, Brooks asked me to make an extra one that he could take back to Atlanta with him. I'm like, the extra hamburger is Brooks, not mine, and she goes, no, it's not yours. And then I thought wow, And so I said you order extra burger. He goes, oh, yeah I did. And I'll was like, so I was cooking a burger just for you to take back to Atlanta. Yes, sir, thank you? Is this Sun's day? Nobody told me what is this? And and then you to cook too. It's not over, it's not over. I look over there and he said he's loading up slaw. And I'm like, hey, that's that's the next day, slaw. And he said yeah. Mom said I could take it home with me. Let him take him home? What do you do? And this to be quite about that? And I was like, he's taking the meal, he's taking the leftovers. And then and there and then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Oh, I am out a mustard? Can I have this mustard? Yeah? Baby, you take that mustard. I'm like, well, what he's got our mustard? I said, Now we got to go get mustard. She goes, how hard is it for us to get some more mustard? I said, how hard is it for him to get his own mustard? Yeah? I know where he lives. I see the grocery store across the street. I've been there. Yeah, doesn't he go get groceries? Well he does, but he that way, he's got some mustard. He took my mustard. He took my extra hamburger. He took the extra slaw. I think if the refrigerator is easy to load up.
Speaker 10: At times, my wife would just let our boys take the refrigerator home with the whole thing, just put in the back of the truck. Just load it up, just take the whole thing. So everything in at yours. And by the way, all your dad's close. Take those two. He'll get them back at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the food that we cooked because while you overshot it. Yeah, I didn't get to carry any home there between they split. It's still happening to you even with families. Yeah, Greg, I thought I thought that yours would be so well established that might be over for you because I had so many over plus that. But I mean, I thought, because you not end up with any of it.
Speaker 10: No, can I ask y' all question back to hot dogs. If you if like our mustard, I know that that's ridiculous for you to be like, hey, this was a good meal. How many hot dogs would it take to like really fill you up?
Speaker 2: Like is it three? Says that to me. I don't like to have a meal that's just hot, just talking. But if you did like a dog and then a burger, probably you think. No, all right, so what are we talking about? What I want? Doing better? Kind of like my dad text My dad texted me and it was yesterday. I think.
Speaker 10: He goes, hey, by the way, yesterday, I forgot to tell you that on Father's Day, you mom woke up and said, hey, what do you want for lunch? You know, whatever you want? And he said, I chose hot dogs. I said, what you chose hot dogs? He goes, yes, I want three hot dogs. I thought that he you know, the three Is that a good number? That's what I was going to ask you, guys, if I did that, it would probably be three.
Speaker 2: Spiral dogs are so delicious and they're not that feeling I can get out of hand. I'm talking about completely out of hand, right. I don't know what it is. I just I never Here's what I do every time on spiral dogs. Now, this is no doing better Rix being frankly reckless. He's eating until he's full. He's gonna try to do better tomorrow. Okay, not even today because he probably want to eat again. I'm gonna go with three bun spiral dogs. Okay, I'm gonna do another no bun. For some reason, I do dipping it mustard before Brooks took it. I'll dip it in mustard, and that's just a little special for me. I'm gonna do that. So four total weenies, three full hot dogs, I get it. That's not I'm gonna be one. It is a lot. I would go three hot dogs, one bundless. So that's the way we're the same. Yeah, ain't that a good feeling because I'm I'm gonna go I'm gonna eat one just by itself, and like, are you gonna put up some extras if your kids won't get them? Put up a few extras, and then all of a sudden, next thing, you know, you got something on around six p m. On Sunday and you got a hanker for one more without a bun. Of course, then again, and I regret it later when I want one, I'll eat a few while grilling. Oh yes, a couple of Then later I'd kind of like to have that. If I go connect a sausage. If I go connect with sausage and I've got it on the top the top rack, no one may ever see them. Oh I know, absolutely. Yeah. Everybody's like, well, I thought you had connecta I did what was it for me? While I was cooking. I was cooking, and I don't count it towards my total that I ate for lunch. Why is that never counted for me? If that's if it's out there, everybody's how much you eat today? I leave that out. And somebody said, didn't you eat some stuff on the grill? All that doesn't count? I didn't count. I was grilling. I don't know how it doesn't count, but it doesn't. I'll tell something word about me.
Speaker 10: If I go hot dogs, you know, I like fries, But if I'm gonna have fries with hot dogs, it has to have chili on it. But I'll go chips with with hot dogs and instead.
Speaker 2: Of I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that. But if I go Hamburger, I want fries. But if we're cooking out, how about this. I just know if we're cooking out, we don't do fries. It's always chips. Same. What's got you? I never have found a good frozen fry. Yeah, and I know why that big bucket of grease you gotta send on your counter all the time that you use the fry. So I'm baking French fries. Are you kidding me? Sometimes we'll do tater tots with some cheese on. I like that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm starving, and these air frire people say they're just as good.
Speaker 4: It's it's not as good.
Speaker 2: Somebody needs to take the air fire people and tell them to settle down.
Speaker 4: I got enough, I got air four people.
Speaker 2: Y'all settle down a little bit. Yeah, y'all have not solved all food problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, you're not from the future.
Speaker 2: Let's say spiral dogs and an air fry are good. You say I have. I've got an air fry and I've never used it carefully.
Speaker 4: Never used it, still in the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm with you. I think I've got one. And I keep saying I commit to it. I keep saying I'm gonna use that air fryer. I can't commit to it. People asking about the connect of sausage or whatever brand you use it, that kind of sausage versus just your standard beef weenie and the hot dog. I like. I prefer to have it out there as a warm up on the grill and have it be its own thing. Now, if I'm at a random them somehow I end up at a ball game and they've got the connectus Polish dog. Polish dog. Don't go for it, you know if I'm tailgating, but I'm not gonna do that at home. By the way, I like them.
Speaker 6: I like them.
Speaker 2: I'm like this on a Brock. Yeah, I like him. What are you Yankee?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 12: I like them, Chris like a spiral dog, not like a spiral dogs.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the Brock thing. That's a Yankee thing. That's fine. But you also a lot roundabout. So what in the world that's not opposed to them? I'm you're probably it Brock going to the roundabout.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show Streams and Cutters, the new podcast from Rick Birch's Get It No Wherever You Get Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Episode five coming up this weekend, a brand new and while the feedback on this new podcast, And I'm and I'm seeing your emails. There's just so many of them. Actually, yesterday I got out a folder being sorry, I took it out of your riam. I didn't have any I'm sorry, uh and uh and folder. Yeah, I got one of your folders. Oh yeah, whatever.
Speaker 10: Unlike Greg, mine is yours, you know, drag and like it's Jimmy Dean and all that that's his.
Speaker 2: I need a off of supply run. I'm out of folders and a few things. I need to make a list.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: I going to trouble you with it on the way home before I have to hear about them. How do you think all these others got in here about you? I believe me. I need those little filla folders that I put things in. I separate the emails no Greg what called filing Greg what like yesterday? And plays from the wishbone yesterday. I downloaded and printed some of the more provocative and intriguing strange encounters emails, and I made me a Manila folder. I put sharpie on the outside strange encounter because hear me out, hear me, wait a.
Speaker 12: Minute, Wait a minute, you're printing listen and putting them into a.
Speaker 2: They still made. Let me finish before y'all put me in memory care. Okay, let me finish, okay. Is I just like an e book or a kindle? I would rather hold it, you know, I want to read a book. I don't like reading a book on a computer, and I don't like reading emails on a computer. If they if they're intriguing, I like to print them and then hold them in my hand circle things, underlining things so that when I if I read them on strange encounters, I've got to hear in front of it off my phone, is what I'm gonna do to get read them off my lapt have.
Speaker 4: A blood letting to cure yourself of disease.
Speaker 2: After that, Rick, thank you, So I keep two leeches wild given yourself. I want to get Manila folders and I'm gonna get some number two pencils.
Speaker 3: I need.
Speaker 2: I should just shouldn't have back to myself.
Speaker 10: You print the hay Bird emails, yes I do, and the phone because okay, yeah, I get what you're saying. It means a lot of folks have a filing system, Greg, Apparently you don't.
Speaker 2: And boy, you keep up with things. Let me tell you're organized. I know where everything is.
Speaker 12: You do you do dis I'm disorganized? Yes, you are disordered.
Speaker 2: Let me say this to you. You will be happy to know. And Speedy just saw it. Okay. Because we're doing a little you know, updating and cleaning up a little bit and all that, we get a lot of email. Okay, boy, so you will notice I do have mailboxes on my computer or I put things and hold them and I file them there too. But if I'm gonna read something on the air, I prefer to print it. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with it time now.
Speaker 12: The fact that you're printing the early putting on the middle of the envelope, that's the right what it is on that town I brought. I brought. I brought my accounting receipts in a seafood bucket.
Speaker 2: You got nothing to say, okay.
Speaker 4: So I can't say anything understanding. I was like, look, here's a seafood bucket of my receipts.
Speaker 2: Keep it to yourself.
Speaker 4: I can't say anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I bet they love you on that. They love me. Here he comes. You know what I care about? All my stuff to my accounted in Manila folder.
Speaker 16: There.
Speaker 4: They appreciate that, like that better than jammed into a bucket.
Speaker 2: So of course I'm even folded, just stuffed right yet not even trying to organize, no telling the accounted. This is what you get paid for. Figure it out.
Speaker 4: It's not good.
Speaker 2: Are you know where security card? Do you are? You still hold a book and read a book guy, do you read these books?
Speaker 4: Yes, I know. I'm a holding book guy.
Speaker 2: It is different. I'm holding book. I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Read a book on my phone or even an iPad. It's just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: And Greg, he's already been on record he doesn't like audio books because he just want to listen to a book. He wants to read it. I'd rather read it as much as you. Yeah, that would be nice. I might try. And I tried one one time.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know what you do. You find yourself, your mind's wandering. You're like, I miss half.
Speaker 2: Exactly, just said exactly. To back it up, text Nation said. Next thing I'll do is I'll start printing my text.
Speaker 3: I might.
Speaker 10: I will say this within your email. I didn't see this. Do you have a Strange Encounters folder? In addition to printing them, you can drop them in there. That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: You don't need Manila. Just drag it into that thing.
Speaker 2: Rick, then I gotta go in and try to find them.
Speaker 12: No, just drag it into the folder. When you see when you when they come in and you get them and you say, oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Drag it into the folder. Then they're all.
Speaker 2: Click I'm reading, all right, click out, click again, as opposed to I like holding them.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm sorry as far as the podcast goes, print the ones you want for the podcast. But you can as a as a safety net, you have a folder.
Speaker 4: And you can also facts Rick, he loves that.
Speaker 2: I don't like. By the way, I never liked facts. I didn't get on the facts wagon. Never liked it. Didn't think it was where we needed to be. I can tell you. I can say that I was waiting on the next thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, we got a hay birds coming down the Morse code line here.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you when within the notes app on the phone. The fact you can now scan documents on that that changed everything. That's big because you don't have to have a scanner. No, that is big, said, Look you see he looked too black. He don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 12: Searching searching your photos for a keyword. Oh yeah, that's become huge for me because I'll do a screenshot of like say my whatever, my my confirmation number or something like that, and then you can search the name of the airline or whatever, and there it is.
Speaker 4: That's been huge.
Speaker 10: Yeah, y'all have facial recognition for y'all, so I can search, you know, like Adler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know Rick On, one of your guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm one of your guys.
Speaker 10: Of course, I'm giving Greg a name I can't say on air, and all his faces.
Speaker 2: His face comes up when I type that in.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've learned. I've learned to figure out all the Greg's passwords. It's always something derogatory about us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I know. One of his past words is about speedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, speedy. It's the same back at me. So I kind of share that, right, I remember we're having a serious conference. Hey, speed, what's my password? Oh I'll tell you what. I got it with an exclamation point and somebody said that next I'll be screaming. I just want to watch Channel three. I've gotten more tech savvy guys. I'm a long way from where I was. Yeah, I'm terrible. I'm just like, I'm making fun of you. That makes sense, right, I just didn't know they still made them photos. You didn't a spiral notebook to go with it. You don't think I don't take notes in them in illegal pad I was on the second. Now I'm not in the spiral notebooks. Now my wife will write in a spiral notebook in a second, but i'm usually legal pad. And of course you know you've already correctly, by the way, identified that with my Colonel Littleton. With that thing I write in you think I think I'm sharp with you. That that leather. Yeah, I love Donald looks and stuff.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I love writing at one time, and I like your new traffer keeper rig.
Speaker 2: I remember traffic Keeper. Traffic Keeper, nothing but going to school and being real sad.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The people who don't like this show, you wouldn't like anyway, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: I mean you're talking down. Okay, thanks for being with US America as we grind through another one. I'd just sleep last night. If you did not sleep, if you did not sleep last night on a customized mattress made for you by Helix sleep dot com slash big Box, you could have slept better. You could have slept better. Oh, baby brother, even though he's he's in the mood today. Yeah, hey, be careful. What don't you don't I can I can tell you ain't said a word. I can tell today that you need to be taken down a notch. Okay, you just got a little bit of a business. It's like he's looking for trouble. You know, he wants a scuffle with somebody. And now not of your back's hurting, coach, you put out mulch. I got it. But but when you slept last night and that Helix, how about that it helped? Yeah? I didn't want to get out of it, didn't I can tell, I can tell I want to get out of it. Went off about to sleep? Quiz and how long did it take you to do it? Two minutes? All right? So right now twenty percent Summer Sell Summers Sell going on right now twenty unique mattresses, including their award winning Lucks and Ultra Premium Elite collection. They also offer the Helix Plus designed for big and tall sleepers, the Helix Kids Mattress, designed for growing bodies, endorsed by child sleep experts. Everywhere you want to sleep better, then you get a mattress. It was customized for you, and you get it from Helix Sleep dot Com, Slash Big Vox one hundred nights risk free trial. They send it right to your door, No shipping, and you sleep on it for up to one hundred nights to be sure you love it and you will. Helix Sleep dot com slash big Vox gets you twenty percent off. Are used the link at Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. Okay, all right, so Speedy, what did you tell me a minute ago? You have? You know, since I've become handy, I like to talk to me in about handy things and things we fix and build and repair, and Speedy hour we're in there working on breakfasts, and I was like, I was telling you know some things I've been fixing and preparing, and I understand you did too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I thought about you yesterday. I think about y'all some you know, like if you know somebody saying something to me and I get root in traffic, I think of Greg okay, you know, and little things like that.
Speaker 2: I have a stomach attack, I think of you. That's good, that's good. Yeah, yeah, Adler.
Speaker 10: If if I think about working out, you know, at the house, I'm wondering should I get my underwear?
Speaker 6: You should?
Speaker 2: I think about you? Does so you think about Adler and something?
Speaker 10: But if I ever want to get handy, I think about Rick, of course, and yesterday was one of those days the h fact filter needed to be changed out.
Speaker 2: That's tough. Yeah, First of all, you got to have the right filter. You got to know what size, you know it. There's so many face the right direct, there's so many different arrows, and every time it is out there, I forgot twenty twenty by one. You know, just so much out there. Oh, I got one. You can't find anywhere. I had to go to like air condition people to get it. I can't just walk the store and get It's tough job. You got to find where the filter is.
Speaker 10: Having used the flashlight function of my iPhone to help me, it's all about you.
Speaker 2: Just like now, this is handy. I don't use those because it's kind of like, you know, email. I like to have a flashlight. Yeah, and of course, even though my phone's got a flashlight, when you hold it, it holds awkwardly. I got to have the real deal. I don't know if y'all like me.
Speaker 10: Even after I've done something like that, I have to announce it. As I walked through the room to Terry.
Speaker 2: Of course I do taking the dirty filter out. I could taken it out just finish changing it. I tell Sherry all the time. You know, you remind me I did something handy on Father's Day. Oh, it's actually the Saturday before Father's Dad. I went out to the grill handle a little loose. That's aid bab. We got loose handle hill on the grill. I'm on it, and security.
Speaker 4: Don't need to be brought into that at all.
Speaker 2: Actually, Rick, And what I did is I made sure it wasn't hot. I said that before it gets hot. I said, oh, let me turn it down because I'm preheating, because I need to take care of this. And actually I took the handle very loose, dangerous, and I lifted it up and I reached up under there and I realized that that the bolt had a loose nut on it. Oh, and I went righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, that's what righty, righty, righty, righty. And then it's fine, righty.
Speaker 4: Ready, righty lefty.
Speaker 10: Now you know how we have fun with you about the handy stuff? What do you And changing out the front of me is so easy. I thought to myself, See, Rick would think this is handy.
Speaker 2: That's that is handy. Did did did something need would would that air conditioning unit work like it was supposed to do with a dirty filter? It was, right, can't breathe. That's called maintenance, and right, I think.
Speaker 12: I think normal maintenance, though especially incredible, incredibly basic maintenance like that is that doesn't fall in handy No.
Speaker 2: Like Greg.
Speaker 4: But that's I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's not an answer you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, just anybody can do it.
Speaker 10: Yes, like Greg yesterday he kind of was handy around the house.
Speaker 2: He put mulch out, boy, and hey, that's just miserable, you know. You know that is that's punishment. Yeah, it's like looks like you're struggling. Yeah, he hurts you. He did this. Oh no, you don't know you do it. I do that when you And keep in mind, guys, I'm doing all this with a rotator cuff. It's injured. Oh there you go a live just righty, righty, righty rabbit. You can get tennis elbow doing that. Your back gets hurt, and I see it made you little heel today. You yours not hurt, little sore, but you got muscles sore. You're making noise and you don't know it. I do that anyway, how much, how much different. How much mulch twenty bags finished? Why didn't you finish it because I ran out? Well, I bet you put I.
Speaker 10: Bet you put that out real, Nate, you pick them up Greg delivery or pick them.
Speaker 2: Up, pick them up?
Speaker 1: WHOA?
Speaker 4: So you had to load it? They help you loaded loaded?
Speaker 2: How much? How much? Tell you how many pounds a bag? I don't know? You know know it didn't say pretty heavy? Yeah? Now did it say on on the bag? Pretty heavy?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ok?
Speaker 2: If you were a dishonest person, they don't even check. Nobody comes out there and like her, are you getting to ride them out? They don't even look.
Speaker 10: I've never encountered one person back it up the honor system. Throw them in there and then walk in there and give them a number.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, you take a picture of the barcode and going theron and just say you can go have check out with it. Put it this way. If it wasn't for the moral part of it, I'm I'm saying that ahead of time. If it wasn't for the moral part of it, speedy would take mulch and go would hey, Yeah, but you wouldn't do it. You wouldn't do it because that'd be a more every trip, he would add a couple. Yeah, he wouldn't just do it like I went the whole load, like if he paid for twenty twenty three Greg.
Speaker 6: And that's not me.
Speaker 2: He's brought this up. You wouldn't do that because it's immoral. But I'm saying, they come out old man here putting stuff out of you have no convictions, and you could get three fee. I said, if I said if you didn't have any convictions, you do have a conviction, right, you were going to do that us. They're probably watching. You don't even know it. You don't speak to coworkers at church, but you're pretty solid man. No, I'm telling they've never I've never encountered anything a Cameron and you don't know it. I am looking at it. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I went in and went through self check your license plate number and said he I.
Speaker 2: Went through self check out and paid for its.
Speaker 12: Ever since my criminal past of us, we know about you and that key chain. I go above and beyond to make sure that people are scanning all my stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, who wha, y'all forgot one over here?
Speaker 2: I go frank frankly, you've paid your debts to society. And you're continuing right, and I'm sure I trying to.
Speaker 12: You know, you start fresh star and for some reason, if I have an opportunity to, I'll say my soul ain't worth that, and like point to the bag of mult or whatever and get a laugh from people around me.
Speaker 2: You'll say your soul ain't worth that. That's how you declare you're not gonna steal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my soul's word more than that bag of multa, and they'll get it. I'll get a laugh. People love it.
Speaker 2: Also told the lady.
Speaker 12: Also told the lady that she had a break light out yesterday. She was like, thank you, sir in the weird van. Talk to women now only if they need it. I try not to. I don't try to just spark up a conversation. I'm not honest on the prowl in public in the last week. I don't want to talk to women, don't I really, I'm being real here, okay, but if they need it, good news.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're over excited about talking to you.
Speaker 4: They don't want to talk to me either. You coming either, creepy.
Speaker 2: Creepy, take my money, just go away to her?
Speaker 4: So I figured out that I pulled up next old lady. Her break light was out.
Speaker 12: And I figured out I got to point back. Wow, I rolled down my window and I pointed back to her car that way. She knew I wasn't because if you just say roll your window down, if you point down, yeah, if you point down and like we say, roll your window down, they think you maybe just want to.
Speaker 4: Like shot it up with the line like I'm gone. You know, point back.
Speaker 3: You were in.
Speaker 2: You were in a black van, pointing towards the back of the van, to the back of her car.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir, Thank you, grown man, Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: She said that you grown man.
Speaker 4: I said, you're welcome, man.
Speaker 2: Get in the back of the van now, so tall was pointing in my car. Hey, by the way, text Nation. Come on, somebody through something out there about you know, the the lint vent and the drier. I mean, I do that maintenance every week. I's to be bragging. I don't want to start talking about like every day I've done something handy.
Speaker 12: Wait, are you talking about the one that you have to like unscrew and the one in the back. Are you talking about the normal one and the normal.
Speaker 4: One in the front. You do that every load. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: But I'll reach in there with the hurt shoulder and pull it put it back. That is not man and I'll say sharing drivers Ready.
Speaker 12: Okay, hey, putting the pot in the dishwasher?
Speaker 4: What do you how do you view that? What do you consider that?
Speaker 2: That's women's work, that's gregor Rick burgesshow dot com?
Speaker 4: I think everything you've mentioned is all in that same category. Rick, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Helping handy man's it's like meat open ladies at the intersection.
Speaker 4: They don't really care for it.
Speaker 2: Who does quality control when you're putting out?
Speaker 13: Mo?
Speaker 1: Lisa, this is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America? This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us today. Coming up later a couple of things that are still ahead. My O's Israel, a Messianic Jewish Israeli organization we've we've worked with in the pass back on the Rick and Bubba Show, and today Shanee Ferguson will be chatting with us and talking about from inside of Israel this ongoing Iranian Israeli conflict that most everyone believes is about to intensify, so we'll talk. We'll talk to her coming up next hours, so that'll be an update and a burgess ball battle still coming up.
Speaker 10: When you think about I did forget one thing I thought about you. I got the clippers out and and clipped the bushes around the outside unit in the backyard. I made sure they were cut back far enough, and so I thought about you. Well, you basically repaired the union. Yeah, because not about you, and then we can move on. But I did I forgot that.
Speaker 2: Well. We had a scary moment yesterday at our house involving handy stuff, and I told Sherry it was it was you know, it's tough stuff. Some of this stuff is dangerous. And so she came to me and she said, hey, there's there's something up with the light fixture in uh in the bathroom. And I said, we're having a problem with illumination and that's what we say, you know, in the handy circle. And she said, uh yeah, she said I think something's gone bad. And so I walked up to the light fixture and I looked at it, got a stool that I could get on. Didn't think it called for my ladder and uh, I said, baby, I think uh oh uh oh, and she goes, what what what? I said, I just want to warn you this is double illumination two bulbs uh and uh and so uh so I said, uh uh.
Speaker 4: I'm sad right now.
Speaker 2: This is not a onesie you need you'll get I need two light bulbs, not one. Double illumination. I said. That means I'll have to have to remove two, not one. Uh. Danger level a little higher. I said. Let me first get up here and remove the light covering. I said, that's this, this is where this gets tough. And uh lefty, lefty, lefty, lefty and uh. And then it has the little decorative washer that's what we call it inside the handy world. And and I pulled that off, and then I took the very dangerous glass covering, lowered it down for first first the cap lefty, lefty, lefty, and then I pull that down, hand it to Sherry. I take the washer, don't lose that. We're gonna need that. Without that, it won't be it won't be secure. And then I take down the dangerous glass part, easy, easy, and I hand that down to her and I said, I said, did that Let me remove these two light bulbs first. This is a double elimination. Set it up. And I went up to the eliminate the illumination that it failed, and screwed two of those lefty, lefty left here out one at a time. Don't ever try to do both. You'll drop one. Don't handed it down, honey of you got that other stuff put down? Don't lose that washer now, I'm onna need that you say things like that to people that aren't that handy. And then I went over to the other on the other side of a double illumination fixture. Lefty, lefty left he lefty, and I took it out and I handed that down, okay, And I said, are we clear she's holding a lot? I said a week. I said, be sure, be sure that switch is not on, makes it extremely dangerous, and she said, no, the switch is off. I said, okay, I'll take one. Don't hand me both of them. And she had to me one light bubb righty righty righty righty righty righty righty snug. I said, I'll take another one over snow righty righty righty righty right you're right greg righty right, don't strip it stuff we watch it right there. That should be plenty baby. At this time, I said, hand me back everything that I have taken apart, basically, hand me back the glass. First, throw a dome, dome. Hold the dome and I said, now this is where it gets tricky. I've got to hold the dome in place with my left hand. Hand me the washer. So now you've got to get the washer part on the decorative washer, and you got to Now you've got to hold the glass part and the washer while you're waiting for the cap. How do you do that with your shoulder? It wasn't easy. And I did that with the left and I said, hand me the cap and I said, let me line this up. I said, now this is where it's cruse. You've got to make sure it's lined up, baby, don't just throw it p here recklessly. If I'm ever not here. Righty righty, righty, righty, righty, righty righty. You may now throw the switch illumination fixed. Yep. Wow, I don't know how you did that.
Speaker 10: That one was a little You got that globe off, that was and you did it right right there in front of her too.
Speaker 2: She saw it. Well, that explained all the attention I got later, but uh so it was uh it was something to behold. And at this point of course I'd come out of work clothes and you know, I had my have my handy shorts on and a T shirt. Okay, baby brother, he's something having started video where people he can video except doing it, we can help others. Right.
Speaker 4: He's been known for I don't know my stomachers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did do it injury too. Thank you for noticing that, Tennessee. So he have you ever seen anybody bounce back? I don't know if you ever got back to where he was quite like Jimmy Swagger. You know when when when Jimmy Swagger had a pretty good heel to climb there, when he had a downfall, you were like, okay, he's got an uphill climb. Yeah, but I noticed at one point it looks like he has like our head, it has his own cable channel.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't figure out. Were looking at replays. Yeah, now it looks like it's is it nothing but Swaggert's I see I see sun swaggered on there and a lot of singing. Yeah, it's some cable channel that seems to be it's nothing but swagger it's twenty four seven. Oh yeah, well, America's longes running. I didn't know that TV evangelists. I thought he had passed. I'm sorry, Jimmy Swaggert is in critical condition. Well you may you may get you may be.
Speaker 10: No already, Greg and I talked about this earlier. I tould to you, well, I had aught he had passed. I'm right sorry.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't sure right now. So you'd asked me, Jimmy Swaggert is in critical condition. I hate that after a cardiac episode. Said it was during a Sunday service. Swaggert's son, So that's Donnie, you know, don I see him a lot asked the Congress to pray for his dad. That's saying only a miracle could extend his father's life at this point. And he asked him that on Father's Day. So apparently this has been a massive cardiac event. But you know he's he's still How old he is it saying here how old he is? By the way, the scandal was eighty seven was wow? So according to this.
Speaker 4: Article, he's ninety right now?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, wow? You know they don't have his age in this article. That seems odd.
Speaker 4: He was born in nineteen thirty five.
Speaker 2: So Jimmy Swaggert apparently clinging to earthly life. So but you know, it seemed like that he was able to be restored and came back and did a lot of ministry after after that. Do you remember the big repentance, the big thing on TV when he was crying squalling, Greg, that was, yeah, he did, but that maybe that was the signs of a repentant heart. We'll be back. Oh yeah, I remember it. I can see it right now. I got it. I got it. So, uh, top of the hour coming up. Next hour, we're gonna we're going to go live from Israel, so we'll be with us for that. We'll come back top of the hour and we'll get some more of your phone calls in and emails and Burgess fall back a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Welcome to a brand new hour of The Rick Burgess Show with Sweedy, Greg Burchas, Eddie Van Adler, and Rick Burgas.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here America. Brand new hour and we do have a lot new. As things intensified with Israel and Iron, we will go live from Israel. My o's Israel organization that we have worked with in the past, Shanee Ferguson. Uh, that will be giving us an update.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Actually, if you've been watching them and follow them, her and her husband, you know that that my o's Israel. They're giving updates. You can find them on YouTube, I mean inside Israel. So we'll get an update from her coming up next segment as we start this hour. A couple of things that we have not discussed, this Matthew Perry thing. Uh speaking and I were just talking about this in the break. So I did not know. I mean I knew he had, you know, drug and alcohol problems. I didn't know that the doctor that was providing h am. I saying this right? Is it ketamine? Is that how you pronounce it? Is it mean? Okay? Ketamine to Matthew. Matthew Perry in the month leading up to his death is going to plead guilty to multiple charges, according to documents that have been obtained by Fox News Digital. So carries a sentence maximum sentence. Don't mean that's what he's going to get, but the maximum sentence forty years in prison on four counts of distribution of ketamine. Interesting development in that and so they have. I didn't realize they arrested five people after Matthew Perry died and charged them with multiple counts in connection to his death. Did you, I mean, I guess, I don't know. I didn't realize. You know, you certainly want to hold people accountable who you know, when someone has drug addictions or alcohol addictions and they're not helping, they become part of the problem. But I didn't realize it was to this level. They were bringing it in him, paying them cash. Mm hmm. So what is ketamine? What is that?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is this?
Speaker 12: It is medical used medically for anesthesia, anesthesia, that's hard for me to say, depression, pain management.
Speaker 4: But I know that there's a lot of.
Speaker 12: Celebrities that are like almost using it recreational, recreationally Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: This is not the Michael Jackson kind of stuff, is it.
Speaker 12: Where it's also hallucinogenic, like it makes you it makes you freak out or you know, it impacts your perception of reality. And they evidently it's called special.
Speaker 2: K in I have heard that.
Speaker 4: There you go, I have heard that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's that was yes, and it is.
Speaker 4: It's being used a lot by recreational drug users.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, so so there you go. And uh and when I see this line, SHARE's son, So is the only son she has, the ones you have with Greg Almond. She didn't have any other kids other than you know, Greg, I know you've been well, other than Chaz. I believe that's it. Which is that to me? That's an unofficial son. Yeah, but but living as a son.
Speaker 4: But living as a son.
Speaker 2: But Greg Almond and Cher had a son, and that's who this is. Yes, has been hospitalized. Here we go with drugs again for a ratica and H and drugs found in the residence of where the he lived. So that's that's not good.
Speaker 4: And to see this guy's physical appearance fall off, it just it just shows you how drugs just absolutely ravage you and take everything from.
Speaker 2: Just for the life right out por sporadic behavior.
Speaker 10: That's that's the kind of a kind of way of saying, acting a full just your mind going nuts, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All over the road and liked talked about a lot of these drugs make you know that you leave all reality. Yeah, it would explain why the left can't seem to find it, I guess. But but yeah, but that's yeah. So that's sad. But you know, I saw Greg Almond, it's been a while, you know, the show on Access Yeah TV interview Dan Rather, Yeah, struggling, he struggles. Dan's Dan's a little a little old for these interviews. But I find the interview content and the guests to be intriguing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I don't know when these were fammed. I know they're not. I don't think they have any current ones. But I don't either. I'm not sure Dan Rather, like you said, he's doing new ones, but they have so many. Maybe he is, I don't think so. But I saw him interview Greg Almond. And you know, we we've said this a long time on the air, back through the three decades of doing Rick and Bubba, when somebody seems to keep having a problem and the only constant is that person. There's a lot of other people rolling through, but you've been the constant. And Dan Rather basically took Greg Almond to task a little bit. It wasn't mean about it, but he said, now, how many times have you been married? And I can't remember the number? Was it seven? It's five, five to seven somewhere in there. And he was asking him about you know, what seems to be the problem. Why can't you stay married? And ultimately Greg said, Almond said, well it has to be me. I mean, you know there's all these and that. He said, well, you're most you know, the one that most people knows when you married Cher. And he said, well, now that one. He said, you know, I'm from Georgia, and he said, and you know, Cher wanted us to live in Beverly Hills and He's like, I can't. I can't live in Beverly Hills. And she had no interest to go to Georgia and live, you know, in small towns and whatever. So that that became a bone of contention. And he basically said, I just ain't gonna live in Beverly Hills. So that was it. But then he he and then he said, which, guys, we've talked about this one a little bit, but you got to know this, you know, it sounds unfortunately it was a very immature answer. He said, all these women seem to fall in love with me because of the way I am, and then I marry them and they keep telling me, now I can't be the way I am and uh, and he said, so I'm gonna be the way I am. And I thought, well, that way, that way to be giving.
Speaker 1: Uh but uh but.
Speaker 4: Warebody.
Speaker 2: Uh, the bottom line is he was like, I'm gonna do what I want to do and the way I do it, and if you want to go along with that, we can stay married. If you don't, then I use the end of them. So but he did acknowledge that it was him. He said it must be me and uh and so that was kind of me. Yeah, but it was. But when he said that about the share thing, that was interesting. You know when you have a celebrity marriage like that. He was like, I didn't really think about that, you know, me the Greg Almond of the Alman Brothers from George that I'm going to be living in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I guess you got to add where we want to live to the Yeah, probably some god. Yeah, religion, children, all the money, where you want to live?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you brought up one in us dealing with this conflict right now. It's always interesting when someone like is uh, you know, they they they make the claim and I don't know what Jesus said, we'll see of being a Christian and then they'll marry someone who's like a Muslim, and they said, hey, this has really been a problem. Yeah, I bet it is. You know there some friction, Yeah, like, h he wants our kids Raisi hist Muslim. I want them raist Christian. Y'all never thought about that, that would y'all didn't think about that? And then the whole that, the whole dating process. I bet that is a biggie. So yeah, stuff like that, like of course, you know, probably sharing. Greg Alman never ever thought about anything other than we're in lovelet's get married. I love you, I love you. Yeah, and then and then before you know it, you want to live in Beverly Hills. Greatly.
Speaker 4: That's shot here, right, Yeah, did you want kids? Uh? Will they be allowed to eat bacon? What do you? What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Right? We'll come back live from Israel next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back. Thanks for being with us. I know a lot of us all across America. Our eyes are focused and there have been many, many times on the Middle East, and of course usually Israel, the center of the universe. Uh So we uh, back in the Rick and Bubby years, we introduced you to an organization called My o's Israel, and uh we we actually have shawnnie Ferguson who is here with us today to update us from Israel. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me, Rick.
Speaker 2: Well, here here we are again. I know, I know, if you're going to live in Israel, you know this. This comes with it those of us that have a biblical worldview, and certainly you and your husband, Kobe do. We've talked with Kobe many times on the show. We realize that this is part of it, but it doesn't make it any less scary or any less serious. So can you just kind of I'm just going to kind of give you the platform. Can you give the people of America just kind of an update on where we are right now in Israel? And then then I want to get to the things that we can help with.
Speaker 8: For sure. There's, honestly, there's so much to say, so I will try to summarize where we are today. I think the number one question that we've been getting from overseas is why did Israel attack now? And it seems like it's out of the blue for a lot of people because weren't following what's going on here. But you know, today is actually fifteen years to the day that the stucksnet virus was discovered and took out a significant part of Iran's nuclear program. That was a virus that we installed, didn't admit it till much much later. We worked with the US to do it, and that was essentially our peaceful attempt at shutting down the nuclear program, which they have said over and over that they were doing it specifically because they want to wipe us off the map, and that didn't work. So that was fifteen years ago, and now we understood through intelligence that we've been building for decades that they were very very close. They were weeks away potentially from a nuclear bomb. And if you can see what they've done ever since we did a preemptive strike, you know, several days ago feels like forever ago. It was only five days ago. They've been firing on our civilian population on purpose. Tel Aviv is tel Aviv metropolitan area is about half of our country's potation, so they know what they're doing. It doesn't matter to them that there's Arabs there, that there's Jews there, that there's foreigners there, that the US embassy building before they moved it to Jerusalem is there, so they don't care, and if they had nukes right now, they would be using those nukes, and so there was no other option other than to go in and do this. I know the world doesn't necessarily appreciate it, but they will thank us eventually for it. I will also say that we're not trying to topple the government. What we've gone in is taken out military, military people and nuclear scientists, and so people saying that we're targeting civilians over there is not correct. Hamani, who is their supreme leader. That is something the Iranians are going to have to decide to do, because this is something that also a lot of people in the westone understand. You can't just topple a government in the Middle East and expect things to go well. This isn't a Hollywood movie. You create a vacuum, you can have a guy who's even worse step in. And so that's not something we're looking to do. We're looking to get rid of the threat of people who want to nucas, who have said they want to nucas, who have spent tens of billions of dollars creating bombs so that they could nuke US, and that's what we're trying to get rid of. It's been miraculous the level of success that we've had. I've got some of my staff have been called up in the military for this round. I've got staff that have been in the war since October seventh happened, and they've been in the Air Force and they've been out in the field and they've gone into Gaza. And we've got spouses of our staff members. So we're very very much involved in what's happening on the ground, and there's a lot of amazing stuff I can't share. My daughter's also in the military. She's up with the Iron Dome and it's very, very dangerous, but we're very proud of what they're doing.
Speaker 2: So Trump and Rubio left the G seven early. Everyone in America says this means something else is about to happen. I know you probably can't comment on that. Is there anything you can say about that?
Speaker 8: The only thing I can say publicly is that China has also asked that their civilians citizens leave the country. The only way you can leave the country right now is by boat or by cab if you want to go through Jordan and Egypt. Yeah, that's about That's about as far as as I can go.
Speaker 6: So, but I do.
Speaker 8: It's been very entertaining to watch the kind of media game that the US has been playing with Israel. And so for some people who are just flaring up every time Trump says this, and Trump says that, and Ruby is saying this, and why are they, you know, contradicting each other, Just enjoy the noise and just watch the show because the one thing that I can tell you is that Israel will be here at the end of the story. It is very painful what we're going through right now. I have friends who's who have lost apartments from the bombings that have been going on the last few days. It's definitely a threat. I have teenage kids who are very restless and they want to go out and you know, not sitting bomb shelters all day long. But it's it's definitely something that we are going into a knowing that we will win, because that's staying alive, apparently, is something that Jews have done very well over the centuries.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes you have. And so what are some things that America can do? I know we have Israel needs me dot com and and you know, we those of us, especially followers of Christ, we stand with Israel and and others may for for other reasons. But what what are things that we can do well?
Speaker 8: I definitely, first of all, very much appreciate how much Christians have gotten behind Israel during this war. I think if you're in that community of Christians who really understand why they need to be supporting Israel on a moral level and a religious level and a spiritual level, that's incredible. I think they have a hard time understanding why there's other Christians who are incredibly against Israel and as they're calling to somehow support the Palestinians or cause or whatever. I would encourage therefore, for people to use their voice, to be as loud as they can. I know it feels sometimes like your little voice and your little circle of people. It matters your people at work, the people at church. There's pastors that literally have no idea why Israel's relevant. And you know one thing that I would say, I woke up this morning and I saw these videos that were coming out of Gaza, and it made me so sad because essentially, because all the attention is now on Iran, the Gazans feel like, you know, they need to do more acting, and so they had these fake videos they put out and they're screaming massacre and whatever, and it just made me sad because I was thinking, all the support that the world is giving is enabling this indoctrination that you need to be a victim in order for people to care about you. When nothing is, you know, bad coming out of Gaza, nobody cares what's happening to them, which is why I say Israelis care more about Gozans than all these pro Palestinians together. But obviously the real needs me is war efforts that we've been doing. The people that are homeless. There's hundreds of people that are homeless, there's people that are wounded, there's buildings that have been destroyed, and people aren't going to have a place to live for months, if not years coming ahead. So it definitely I think one of the things that we want to offer first of all to Christians is the voice that the inside that we can give from the country. This is what's happening on the ground where an organization has been here fifty years. We have the best financial scores you can possibly get because that's important to us that people trust us and that what we do matters. And yeah, really, the people overseas are our voice. We can only do so much here. We can't even fly out right now, but your voice matters. That's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Israel needs me dot Com. All the information you need is there, and Shannie, thank you for taking time to update us. I know you have your hands full. Know that you are all being prayed over, uh there there, and I know that's that's one of the most important things we can do because of the power of prayer. We we know those of us that, as you said, that have sound theology and we understand the word of God. Israel's not going anywhere, and always be at peace knowing that. Now sometimes God allows things in that process that are not pleasant, but at the end, Israel will be standing against all who oppose her. So thank you for the update. We appreciate you very much. And and tell Kobe we said hello.
Speaker 8: Oh well, he loves listening to you guys every day.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Israel needs me dot Com. All the information is there. There's your update from inside of Israel, and something big is coming, so be in prayer about that. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, people, and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgess Show. Cool merchandise is available now. Just go to rickburgershow dot com and click shop.
Speaker 2: Always a conversation starter. We've got some good conversation starters there. Enjoy them. Working our way back. We thank you for being with US America. We'll get into more of your phone calls coming up. We got a Burgess Ball battle coming up a little bit later on. And so there was an update on Israel. And I mean, when you're you have things about people leaving Taran, China telling their citizens to get out, Trump, Rubio leaving the G seven, early Israeli officials saying the beeper thing that we did was nothing compared to what's coming. Be interesting to see what happens next. So there was a was a brief update for you. Uh and you can kind of you know, take you can kind of read between the lines on some of that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And they have a Mao's Israel has a YouTube channel that I thought was very informative too. You can just search them on YouTube and they do daily updates from inside Israel, which is pretty neat as far as if you want to know kind of locally on the ground what's going on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so.
Speaker 12: The camera, the amount of people, the amount of security cameras, and the people with cameras in their hands.
Speaker 4: The footage that we're getting is just crazy. Wartime footage now is just oh unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The problem is, like we said yesterday, you got to discern though, what's real footage and what's a video Yeah, I mean the video games are thing good now, yes, you know, it's really the you know, so uh So anyway, Uh, let's just all be in prayer. Uh, That's that's what we can do. I think Adlers said it best in the break when we were discussing it. You know, the hope is that we can just stand with Israel and provide and help them with what they need, not get our military involved in some all out what will eventually be a World War three. So so hopefully it doesn't get to that point, and you know, we just uh, you know, look, the lords will be done, but be in prayer, but also be at peace. All right. A couple of things out of the out of the Hayburg world. These are the.
Speaker 6: Email the right questioning.
Speaker 2: Heybirds, heybird, This one has us all talking today. So we uh, We've been talking a lot about how Greg and I are getting to share our dad with with people outside of the norm on all the years we've been on the radio and on on streaming apps and YouTube and podcasts and Jimmy jam But that this book Men Don't Run in the Rain would carry this incredible influence that was given to Dad though he didn't seem to try to do it, It just happened. Greg, did you ever think that Dad would be impacting someone in New Zealand? No, well, here it is. I just wanted to pass along how much I've enjoyed hearing Rick speak on the Art of Manliness podcast Art of Manliness Podcast recently. I live in a small town in New Zealand, but this message has reached out and touched me as I listened all the way over here. My father wasn't good for much, but I've been able to find mentors through books and podcasts, and I'm happy that I appear to have found another great influence in Bill Burgess. Again, thank you very much, Matthew from New Zealand, New Zealand. How about that? Wo isn't that incredible.
Speaker 12: Wow, let's put another shrimp on the barbie.
Speaker 10: I love, I love how y'all how you guys would say? What he would say to things and Greg what.
Speaker 2: New Zealand New Zealand? It would not be about it? No, no, uh okay, so hey where huh? What what are you telling me? Still one of the and this was you know when things you had to find and all of you out there who go through this, you know, when you have someone that you love so much that's going through Alzheimer's, you have to have these moments of levity when you kind of cut up and laugh a little bit. And the thing that anytime we would get that going on, something that would get that that Squinty had what and that restaurant that I used to take him to was it was? And it would it was just hilarious. He couldn't believe the name of the restaurant. And and every time he'd bring that, nowhere are we? And when I would tell him and he would go off and do a monologue on who would name the wret? I mean he did that every single time. And then of course the one that I always loved was anything he was wondering where it was, I tell him Greg had it? Yeah, God, I enjoyed that. Hey, now, where's my truck? I said, well, Greg's got what's Greg doing with my truck? I said, you know how Greg is. Yeah, but I don't never see that again. The tools that was, that was that was always his closer. I'll never see that again. Oh yeah, that was before he even had you know me problem.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: He would always say, give me something else. Well, I'm almost say goodbye.
Speaker 10: Do you think that's just a sun thing in general? Because it's like, ye, I never see him again. I said, maybe not just you, Greg claim it.
Speaker 2: Hey bird a birge adder. Boy, we're getting a lot of these. Uh hey bird a bird just just from Lost and h. I can't get enough of strange encounters. I just can't get enough of it. Uh, thank you. Another thing. I can't get enough of the chosen. I know that theology isn't always uh. He says one thousand percent A hunter would have been fine. But they're doing a great job. I was wondering what you guys thought about reaching out to Jonathan Room who plays Jesus. We've actually had him on the show. He's actually been on a podcast too. Back at Rickybebmer University. Right, wasn't he on a Ricky Webber He was, Yeah, so we and The Real Show, Yeah, and on rick and Bubby Show two.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually did interview him, so uh and it was a heavy roll. And you know, I know that Jonathan and I might not agree on everything theologically, but I think he's handled the balance of this role pretty well, and the way he approaches it I think is correct too. He's like, look, nobody's ever gonna be Jesus. Okay, this is any portrayal of Jesus is going to fall short. He's very humble about that, but I agree with you. I think he does a good job. So also another hey Burge, Hey burge regularly. How about this one right here? Uh, this is a person He said, Hey, I got the new book for Father's Day and I wanted to thank my wife Stephanie for doing that. I never met Coach Burgess personally, but I feel like I got to know them through the many stories that you have told through the years. I did a ten Jack State from eighty nine to ninety three, so wow, oh yeah, Wi, you were there that eighty nine to ninety two. I think in those days there were only ten regular season games and they won fifty six games. And that and that five year stretch which in multiple championships and three trips to the national championship and won the national championship. So that was a good time to be there, buddy, And he said, he said, I had a few years. I want to dig this one out. Few years that I did hang out with Speedy. Oh you just made that. No, no, it's right here in parentheseason, he says. So, he said, I witnessed a few things, but I'll leave it at that. Yeah, thank you, Well, okay, he said, all so, Greg, He said, I also grew up in Calhoun County and went to Walter Welborn High School. All the Panthers, he said, And I watched several great battles with your dad coaching against our own hard nosed coach, the great Mike Battles, Yes, who wasn't outstanding coach and also wore shorts all the time. It did. Watching seventy five was breathtaking. Wow, I think I can tell when you're making stuff up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think the hanging out with Speedy and that seventy five things, I think that.
Speaker 2: Was added the speed he is in there. I'm telling you it's in. Is he anonymous? No, you may know the name. I'll give it to you because you don't. I'm not going to say his first and last name. Okay, he said, I have many favorite stories involving your dad. I'm looking forward to the ones that made the book. But the one thing, and by the way, I just go and tell you this one is not in the book. I mean the concept is, but not this particular story. He said. I in my head right now, and I had a dad that was the same way. In my head right now. I can't get out of my head Gary the day that he ran out of purple words when he took your dead fishing and offered him, Hey, I got one. That's a punkin seed. Ember Dad's response to.
Speaker 1: A punkin seed, The heck is punkins meat.
Speaker 10: I saw what you're doing. I see what you're doing this segment. And is it because you're trying to make Adler and Greg proud. You've gone digital haybird, hay bird off the phone and some printed? Which one do you like better?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that? I'm trying it. The printed is by far better, Okay. By far better. Yet, this is coming off the phones, a little bit of a little bit of it's trying to be sharp. Yeah, hey bird, hay bird, just comes from Tim. Hey bird, hay bird. I don't know if women out there will will acknowledge or maybe consider you to be classically handsome, but from this day forward they should all at least find you handy, oh handy handsome. And my wife is almost like I could tell when she was watching me change out those light bulbs, you could tell Saer was kind of looking at me standing on that stool saying, how can a woman have it all? I hope that still hold. It was a very sturdy stool. We'll be back. We'd have a lot more to cover hanging there.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. This is what Trump had him when he sought to make America great again. The Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, We're back. Thanks for being with us, means a lot burgess ball battle coming your way, coming your way. Look, before we're done today, another one and somebody win cash again today? Maybe maybe updating you on a couple of things that you might want to consider. Hello, Pearl Mississippi, Pearl Mississippi, Is that down Jackson Way. Yeah, I'm going to Jackson. You'll get there just before Jackson coming from here. Okay, so I don't get all the way to Jackson. I'm going almost to Jackson real close. Park Place Baptist Church, Pearl, Mississippi this Friday night. I'm sorry, this Saturday night, come on, Birde. We need you now. This Saturday night free event. YEP. Clarified that yesterday. Some of ya are asking is this ticketed? Now? It's free. Event starts at six So if you want to find out the tales about that, this is they're going from. They finished a year of the men's discipleship strategy in a forty week curriculum. Now they're going into the next one. And I have the honor of being there for that transition gathering. And we're going to have a great night of worship. Boy. Our world needs it men praising the one and only Living God, Boy, if nothing else, we need that. So Park Place Baptist Church, Pearl, Mississippi, Saturday Night. The tales at the Manchurch dot com under events. So Adler had to go. Adler, I didn't even want to discuss this. Hey, y'all, y'all, just I didn't even want to discuss it because it's one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, well now I can't I can't get into the horrible details. And of course you don't know what's true and not true, and we need to stay in that vein. But you know, we were coming off the Michael Tait thing, you know, with News with Newsboys, and and you know formerly with with d C Talk. And you know, the reason one of the main reasons that d C Talk has never had a successful reunion is they can't get all all of them on the same page. And I will say this, I know Toby Mack as an acquaintance, not as a close friend, but certainly we have talked away from the show and spent time together and both of us have have had to bury sons and and that's that's opened up some conversations with when the two of us. He was there for me and and I told him that I would I would always be there for him when he went through it. Uh. But I don't know Michael Tate well other than he made an appearance and we took the interviewed him a couple of times on the show.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 2: In the Rick and Bubby years. Never have I met the other DC talk guy, and he seems to be really a strange bird. But one, you know, Michael Tate. I ran.
Speaker 10: I had a string of probably maybe three or four concerts where I am ceed different events and they were the Newsboys. They were a big part of each ticket and so I got to.
Speaker 2: Hang out with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, always a nice time. He was extremely kind. M hm, he was very very nice.
Speaker 4: Don't look at anyone.
Speaker 10: I mean, it wasn't It wasn't an in depth it was just backstage how you do, and you know, very very cordial. It wasn't like we doesn't feel a little different together. Does that feel at different?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it does, it does. I'm not know if you look speedy guys. I said he was nice to me. I didn't say that we went to dinner. I mean that we did. It was a green room. We did eat together. That's good. Did he spend a lot of time with you at times? He did?
Speaker 10: He did, and he was very he was very kind. That's why this news was Yeah, it hurt. That's that's tough. Well, you don't see anybody.
Speaker 2: No, it's horrible. It's terrible. All the confusion that causes yeah, uh, but you two or something. So nobody I did sleep for an hour. You you perked up. Nobody said anything. Trying to a bit of a magnet. But nobody says anything. But none of us have said live but the so then in the other d C Talk guy, he's so strange. Uh, I think he was the reason they busted up the first time.
Speaker 4: You're talking about Kevin Max.
Speaker 2: Kevin Mack. What a weirdo. So so then, so that's why that's never happened, because Toby seems to carry himself with a certain amount of spiritual integrity. If he didn't feel like everybody's got their act together, he will do it, and which is why the band broke up to begin with. But anyway, what a nice humble what about fall? But anyway, so now, just when I was reading from that need to breathe, Now, I didn't know about this, y y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all really y'all my feelings. It's ugly discussing it, you g l y. So I didn't realize that there were two brothers in the band. I mean, I didn't know that, but I didn't realize the younger brother left the band in twenty twenty obviously had some drinking issues, he said himself, and it's not me doing rumors. He said publicly that he's an alcoholic. But then when I started reading that and he was, you know, since he'd been eyed the band for five years, I thought, well, you know he's coming forward. Good for him, hope he's getting his at together. And then it just kept on going. Yeah, and then he started making allegations against his own brother from this terrible things.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you've got you've got Bo is the older brother and or excuse me, Bear is the older brother and bo is the younger brother.
Speaker 4: I did not know that bo had not been in the band for five years. I actually I.
Speaker 12: Interviewed these guys back when I was a hot rock and DJ and actually trying to spent some time with them several times, and they were always incredibly kind guys. They have had some lineup changes throughout and man, it's just sad to see these guys going through this.
Speaker 2: Well, when he talked about and you said the older brother has says, well, yeah, both of us unfortunately were abused by counselor when we were young. But now the younger brothers pulling the younger brother in saying that he abused him too. Yeah, and the older brother, by the way, is denying that, saying, hey man, the other stuff went on. But I don't know why he's pulling me in this.
Speaker 12: And I did not want to address this publicly, but just for my family's sake, I do need to address these things that were said. And that's why I'm even commenting on this. I want to repair my relationship with my brother. Is what Bear said about his younger brother bo.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I think sometimes when someone first of all, it is and I don't know what happened, and I don't pretend to know. We're only saying the things that have been made public. Okay, that's all we need to talk about. But I do know if somebody has trouble with any of those things, alcohol, drugs that make you that affect your mind, and maybe we know that they'll cause you not to think clearly if you have that problem, and you've acknowledged that publicly, that's not my accusation. You said that then some of your recollection and some of your comments on other things. I'm always it's always suspect to me, you know, because if you've ever been around drug addicts and alcohol alcoholics. They don't always get everything right because they drift in and out of reality, you know. So, and I don't know what happened. I have no idea, but I just hated these two stories came out back to and you know, of course, this happens anytime that you rightfully so you put Jesus' label on what you're doing. Sooner or later, these things are going to come to the service if they're going on, you know, And that doesn't mean you should question. But remember this goes back to what we said back when the Michael Tate thing came out. Say, I got the same answer. Focus on the truth of what scripture is saying. If these songs are scripturally sound and they're being sung correctly, then focus on the perfection of what the songs are about, not the people who are singing them, because the other will always let you down. We're all in perfect people, but some of this stuff is beyond. Hey, I had a rough time, a rough day. It's it's tough to see. And I think sometimes when this Christian music gets starts getting so big that you're packing arenas and things like that. Man, that's always that's a tough, tough place to be. Human beings usually don't handle that very well, so and kudos to those that do. But you know this is this is unfortunately not all that surprising when these things happen. Now, some of the allegations are surprising, but just the troubled amongst people and Christian bands is sadly nothing new.
Speaker 12: And speaking of packing stadiums, out Bear from Need to Breathe is now touring as the name Wilder Woods and he's opening up for Red Clay Strays on their upcoming tour.
Speaker 2: He did not know this.
Speaker 1: At top of the hour, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 11: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world with Speedy, Greg Handler and Rick Burgess book Up America.
Speaker 2: It's time pulled the show all ready. Let's show those red Welcome to the Big Burgess Show.
Speaker 11: We're from the real Let's go It's Steedy Bregg Handler Rick Burgess from there because time show.
Speaker 2: Well, the gang is all here, and so are the vox seats there they are saddenly again for another hour, two of them will awkwardly play each other. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Shop and the Burgess ball Battle. Could the will produce a bundle? Could it produce just a bit they have to enjoy but secretly or disappointed our will it produced bucks straight cash homie. So we'll see what happens a little bit later on the program. But welcome to all of you. Think enjoy the rest of the show. Still in the vapors of Father's Day, I know Greg has shut it down that we can't speak of Father's Day anymore because we're now two days from it. Well, let's move on. But there was a few things. Adler's sort of excited about this. This is it a video and or what exactly is this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You have something here?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I just recorded a special just recorded a special video message for my dad.
Speaker 4: You know, I did you that. I get a little bit emotional.
Speaker 12: But do you guys want this special video message that I've recorded?
Speaker 4: Focused is definitely me.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look here.
Speaker 4: I am just talking about my dad. When I think about being a dad, I think about.
Speaker 15: Him because of what my dad meant to me, Like Tom Brady. Yeah, I know I'm not as good as dad to my kids that my dad's been to me, Greg, and I use them as my example as to how to keep a family together and to care and to support and to love and uh.
Speaker 18: We want our kids to be happy. I want them to be respectful of people. I want them to be kind. I want to make the world a better place.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 18: I think maybe what I'd wish for my children is to find something they really love to do like I have. But I think I've taken it to an extreme too. You know, there are imbalances in my life, and you know, I hope they don't take things as far as I've taken them.
Speaker 2: Look at either ya had a boat.
Speaker 18: I want them to experience great success in whatever they do. But there's a torment about me that I don't wish upon them.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 12: Okay, I love your dad for you'll be.
Speaker 2: Okay. I love you Ruby, all right, I love you. I didn't know y'all were Patriot fans.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll never forget when we took the boat out into Miami Bay. That's a family and Giselle, I mean Aaron's was standing next to me.
Speaker 4: Voices how crazy is that?
Speaker 2: Tom Brady?
Speaker 4: My goodness is Tom Brady letting it fly?
Speaker 2: I remember Tom Brady Brady, how good was that?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 4: I thought that was good.
Speaker 2: That was Slinging's not here, Bud gret great. I wish you had a heart. I remember, I'm trying to remember. I think my dad, you know, chose his work over my mama too, just like I did. Just trying to reflect it. Yeah, don't you know his dad's like, wait a minute, don't pull me into this. Did uh so? Uh yeah, okay, I unexpecting that, But no, no.
Speaker 12: I know I'm not as good a dad to my kids that my dad's been to me.
Speaker 4: That's a hard sentence to say. I never want to you know what I'm saying. I never want to say that for you. I never know.
Speaker 12: That's not I can get Tom Brady to say it for me. I'm just saying, when it comes to living your life and a life of regret, I would much rather not say that sentence than have all the Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: He got, he got, he got, his priorities, messed he messed up.
Speaker 5: Seven.
Speaker 4: Seven is a lot.
Speaker 2: Seven is a lot, A lot, I mean a lot you can take you You've got a lot of ways you can overcome the trauma you put on your kids.
Speaker 4: But every day I am trying to be No, it's.
Speaker 2: Not the right thing.
Speaker 6: You leave.
Speaker 2: Each one of them won the ring. Here's a ring for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still have some left twenty left over.
Speaker 2: Wow, remember none of your childhood. But he hears a ring, which one are you? Yeah? I know visiting mom is rough, but dad decided to pick one more worthless year of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over your mom.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend and I trashed them all the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe if i'd won another championship. Maybe, but we didn't. We didn't make it to the super That is.
Speaker 12: Not where I want to be in live right. Priorities, Greg, you wouldn't know about it. Okay, you wouldn't know about priorities.
Speaker 4: Family.
Speaker 2: You get Aaron Rodgers the way in on it. Yeah, can you imagine Aaron Rodgers? We want you to do what. I don't know what you're talking about it. Yeah, I spoke my dad in years.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, speaking of dads, did y'all see the dad the dad life rap?
Speaker 2: You know I wear you on this kind of thing, Greg. I know you're you're gonna hate his secondhand embarrassment on.
Speaker 10: You slightly if it's if it's well done, though, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: It looks like trouble.
Speaker 4: This is one of the better ones. This is one of the better ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to hear it. We're fine, okay, he said on a new reckless cry.
Speaker 12: We haven't had an issue in a long time. As long as we don't play the Eagles, we should be fine. My goodness, John Henley.
Speaker 2: Oh Don Henley, he's he's always looking for Then we got a lot of wives.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's this is for you.
Speaker 4: Greg, make fun of this.
Speaker 2: Will he will hit me?
Speaker 11: Still rocking the dusk, toss socks and crusts, get some great and the gokomy silver Fox.
Speaker 3: Got that portal metal chir Spaby steaks on the weather.
Speaker 2: Ten years later, looking better than ever.
Speaker 12: I'm a middle tusler when it comes to saving money.
Speaker 4: I'm a buster the boy. Then I'm a grip on that dumb astad.
Speaker 2: I'm leading the house. I'm gonna creak it up till eighty.
Speaker 4: I don't spend the time on those name brands. Spent the last ten years in the same pants.
Speaker 2: I hit that meal plan. You know, I'm saving the.
Speaker 11: Bunch prow begging for the van every day for lunch.
Speaker 2: Shit, what.
Speaker 4: A honeydewe list and a honey done. I can flip my half back in a half Dassie.
Speaker 2: I'm in the zone.
Speaker 4: I'm on my grind and I only had to use you to fo time life, Dad.
Speaker 2: Life, button down, playlife.
Speaker 1: What you know about Dad Burger flipping Dad life?
Speaker 2: Telling shows coach?
Speaker 3: It ain't a bad life.
Speaker 1: It's a dad life.
Speaker 2: There you go, Dad, Okay, it's not bad Dad.
Speaker 4: You don't care about the new life Dad?
Speaker 2: Like that was? That was all great? You think you should done yesterday? But yes, well we didn't have it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Greg, we're celebrating fathers year round.
Speaker 2: Right, Wait a minute, that's what you took from it. Should have had it yesterday. Well, I'm just saying, how'd you do? SPETI on taken hand embarrassed. I was fine with it. Okay, it was okay, it wasn't bad. What Greg?
Speaker 12: You You said it wasn't bad? Then you said stupid you. We we can hear you whisper. You're bad at whispering.
Speaker 2: If you ever.
Speaker 10: He's an easy target today, little man sleep because he had to put mulch out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Uh he came in with a little ill.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if you want him to like interact on anything. It has to be in his will house. But if you want to get him going, he's ready. You know you wanted if you want to get a rant, he has no filter today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure he's ready to get He come here a little bit of like to got like they got in over his head with me wanting to know.
Speaker 10: You know again to somebody brought some donuts. I know, I get him out of some peanut butter cast role. I've never seen it looks good.
Speaker 1: That looks good.
Speaker 2: At one point, he's gonna take the bull by the horn. You know what happens in that's he's going to give them anything. Yes, I don't know why you're only I tell you what he's doing. I know what he's doing. Push push, push push. He's trying to get something I needed to react. If I want to do some keep doing father today stuff. We can do it to the end of the week, all right.
Speaker 12: Another thing we should have had yesterday y'all see at the US Open JJ Spawn's big win.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did well. Yeah, today we saw it.
Speaker 4: But he had some he had some dad stuff to deal with too. We can cover that a day. We can cover that a day late right after this for you, come on, this is.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burgess Show. In a world that has gone nuts. They are here too well to point it out, The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: Hellow America, don't worry, we're here. Any raise your hand. I mean now you probably don't want to raise your hand. Listenink to ourselves, fellas, do you have a deodorant that last all day? Be honest, be honest. Anybody got to the orders that last all day? I hope? So maybe not? Maybe not? Adler, Look about two pm. It's nump city, yeah, and that not but that was before Mando the onion pat That was before Shopmando dot com. Thank you great for throwing up patch in there. Shopmando dot com right now, some great products. We've been using them since they sent us a lot of samples. So if your deodorant is not getting the job done, or maybe look you're like Adlers started pointing this out. These are aluminum free. You know it's aluminum. It's not good. These metals not good, not good. So Mando, this is a whole body deodorant from from the pits to the feet. Okay, but then around nap you and eck you can and so the mandelic acid that is used. That means that we're talking about seventy two hour protection with each application seventy two hours. We're gonna get you twenty percent off right now at Shopmando dot com. Shopmando dot com also free shipping twenty percent off the entire site and free shipping. Also find the link at Rick Burgess Show dot com and you can find it under sponsors there. Okay, so speedy, I don't know that Greg and I and he's in a mood today. I don't know what you're talking and this listen the mood he's in, you mean to tell me. In the mood he's in, you're gonna try to do some sports update. I him the sports man. If I can't crank him up and get him going.
Speaker 4: We can talk us open JJ Spahn being a dad.
Speaker 2: Uh, well that's about update span Dad. It's not JJ spin It's not James span Greg. Y the way, why is James Son mad? AADDI? Yeah? What was he mad about?
Speaker 10: So this is me If y'all don't know, this is me trying to educate the Burgess brothers and sports nobody cares about.
Speaker 2: He'll ask us about it sports stories we don't care about. But should no people care?
Speaker 4: Y'all, a'll don't care.
Speaker 10: There's more to life than college football and eighties rock music, And so.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to disagree. I mean, all I'm.
Speaker 10: Doing is that let's say you are I don't know, out in public. You're you're walking through Walmart, Greg trying to find some more mulch, and somebody comes up to you and you're just small talking. Yeah, you know, maybe you can bring up them things and talk to him, you know. Besides, besides, how's how's the tide going to be?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 2: Let me if you want to keep his attention, you better get to a seven foot five woman real quick.
Speaker 10: Well right now? J J Spawn won the US Open SPA. Yes, I have never heard of this person? Was that that teenager that you don't have to squint like you're looking in the sun?
Speaker 8: Off?
Speaker 2: How many people know who JJ span is at?
Speaker 10: It's one went to San Diego State. He won his first I don't even went to San Diego State. I should have remembered that. Yeah, I follow everything they do.
Speaker 2: That as texts? Pretty good? Is that right?
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 2: You call him first name? Well, I just said to normally your junior, Dell Devi junior would know that I got an email from a member of Larnhardt's family. It's a huge fan of the show.
Speaker 10: Really, really, we're never going to get through this if y'all keep interrupt. Yeah, we're not talking about about like three. There's a number of there's a number of things to get to. But anyway, so he wins.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's a son of he's a golfer, Greg, he's a golfer. He won the US buddy, that that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, he's on a golf course, Okemont must be a big deal. Anyway, he is James Man's son played in the US.
Speaker 10: So he for you know that the Major had four has four rounds. So he wakes up Sunday morning, it's Father's Day, all right, His wife and kids are there with him. Make fun of that, and and you would think that I wake up fourth round. I'm in the league. You know that there's a lot on my mind. But you wouldn't think he would open up the day like this. He was in a press conference and talked about the fact that one of his kids was sick, and he starts his day by going to CVS pharmacy trying to find something that would relieve a tummy Yate.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. I mean, think about that. Here is you have that?
Speaker 4: I do, but I have it in order eleven, A, B and C.
Speaker 2: So are we going all into golfing three years?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: I thought we were just doing sports.
Speaker 4: Go ahead real quick, all right. So he had a huge setback. He's on number two.
Speaker 12: He'll watch what happens. He's on number two. It hits the flag poles.
Speaker 2: Watch a good one. It's the flag flag stick.
Speaker 4: Flag stick rolls back sixty five yards away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't good.
Speaker 4: Look at his face.
Speaker 2: He just looking.
Speaker 4: I'm still rolling back.
Speaker 2: What that face is? I'm going to get that virus my daughter has? Yeah, yeah, that's terrible.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he bogied. I think out of the first six holes he bogied five of them.
Speaker 4: Things aren't going good.
Speaker 10: But but after you see how he started, you realize what his morning was like. Yes, but this is how he capped it off. He wanted he didn't have to sink this to win. He's had to tea putt, but he he actually want.
Speaker 12: Hey see, this is all's fault that Rick and Greg what Speedy just did is y'all's call, because you're jumping all over and you're sitting.
Speaker 1: On the jumping.
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like I'm walking you around in a pool and you're on my shoulders.
Speaker 12: This is the longest part of the whole weekend, and he sinks it to win the US Open.
Speaker 4: I wish y'all care.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 4: It's still rolling.
Speaker 2: They care more about it.
Speaker 4: It's still rolling up.
Speaker 2: It's still rolling, and you watch it disappear, and then that's poor and rain. It's it was coming. Like the guy running with the umbrella. That's his caddy.
Speaker 4: That's his caddy.
Speaker 2: Not senday guy, let the rain hit him.
Speaker 12: That's his that's his to keep made. Essentially, that's like his center. He's the quarterback. Does that help you know?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, here's his first.
Speaker 2: This is all I care about right here? Al that was good stuff. Man, I've never heard of this guy. That's what most you don't follow. Gold just won his first major. I want you to be happy for starting the first name.
Speaker 9: Here is.
Speaker 4: Here's his dad life that morning before the us O.
Speaker 2: You're her father's day stuff. Two days later, here we go.
Speaker 13: Well, today I was running the CVS in downtown because my daughter had a stomach bug and was vomiting all night long. So I was just like, okay, Like my wife was up at three am and she's like, Violet's vomiting, although she can't keep anything down, and so it was kind of a rough start in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'm not blaming that on my.
Speaker 13: Start, but it was just kind of like you hit the mold of was going on the chaos. But my daughter always asked me every time dad goes golfing, She's like, were you the winner today? And I'm just sometimes like, yeah, I was, and she's like, where's my surprise? But so today she's like, you're the winner today, Like she she got to see it, like she didn't have to ask me.
Speaker 4: So that was a really fun moment.
Speaker 2: Makes fun of that, Greg, and it's how how soon you start throwing up too? Yeah? Today and everybody who interview him, he wanted to give it more when he's down by her asking if he's the winner. They didn't give it up.
Speaker 10: So I'm a fly through this. We've only got a minute and there's no way we'll get through it. Gretty NHL Stanley Cup Finals, Game six tonight Florida leads three two. It's at Florida NBA Finals. Last night OKC won twenty over the Pacers. They leave the series three too. The College World Series, the Arkansas Pitchers through a no hitter nineteen k's make fun of that. Greg Yeah, times, first first no hitter since nineteen sixty third, only the third in the World Series.
Speaker 4: Here no hitter and yep two.
Speaker 10: So he threw a no hitter. He only had two three ball counts the entire game. Eighty three of one one hundred nineteen pitches were strikes, and he he almost had a perfect game in the eighth. Then he was a two to two count and he accidentally hit the back foot of the batter, and so he didn't get a perfect game.
Speaker 2: Also, Caitlyn Clark returned. Y'all didn't see how she was going nuts. People say that you love to WNBA.
Speaker 10: She went out and her her first three eight three were just inside half court.
Speaker 4: I mean from the logo, she's dropped bomb.
Speaker 2: This was this we should have done yesterday. It was day before. But it's just some sports stuff y'all might need. We never got to see the seven foot five girl.
Speaker 10: Well, heck, y'all asked so many questions we couldn't get hardly anything.
Speaker 1: James Finn, No, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show. No by calling one eight eight eight six, big fuck Finn.
Speaker 2: Stream phone calls are about to have in America. Unscreen phone calls. All ten lines are available, Fire up, fire up, as you call. You here nothing but ringing, and then we we screen them as we go as the show's happening. Living on the edge a bit of a daredevil move, but it has produced a lot more excitement, uh and at times regret. So here we go eight eight eight number six, big vox. While they are are churning. I want to see the seven foot five Chinese lady.
Speaker 6: Won't well?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you tell me there's a seven foot five Chinese lady that plays basketball seven five, seven foot five woman. You remember we had this is this is the Chinese are doing some sort of building superhuman, some sort of red China.
Speaker 4: She's got something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, look at them, Greg is a Giantess really is a giant. She's and she's not like no skinny. Is she any good? She didn't have to be she can just.
Speaker 2: Pretty good feet. This is so unfair. Nobody can stop her. Seven five woman? Is your other women?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's her last name? It was to think it's that Shane Jane. Do you think she didn't get picked first at pee? Oh wow?
Speaker 10: I wonder if she was always if she had her compared to the rest, not just one person to all of them. I don't know how you defend that. Not you just all you can do is just like put your hands in front of her eyes.
Speaker 4: You can't get a hand in her face. Do I need a ladder?
Speaker 2: Boy Rick? She could really change those light bulbs out for you. Maybe not double I elimination though she's not ready for that yet. Okay, look we continue, Rick birders show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Now the race is on in here right in the back stretch, already gorolling to the inside. My tears are holding back but trying not to fall.
Speaker 2: This flip again. By the way, don't you think for a minute Fly doesn't think he sounds like George Stretch. He does. He thinks he's cutting up, but he's serious. He acts a little bit of serious. Sound like you don't hear me.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good double illumination right there?
Speaker 2: That we continue unscreened phone calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead, Hey Rick.
Speaker 9: Over the weekend, I had a conflict.
Speaker 2: With running in the rain. All right, talk to us.
Speaker 19: So I coach a fourteen U baseball team. Yeah, we were playing a tournament out in Hertzel and it started raining, so we had to delay where we could go get some food in between. Had about thirty minutes been there. So the conflict conflict was do a hustle because we're on a time constraints or do I still walk.
Speaker 2: In the rain? Still you still gotta walk? Well that's what I did.
Speaker 9: I started out running. Then I looked around and nobody else was.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yeah, what am I doing? You telling all the men? Yeah, they weren't running worthy women and women. No, the women are starting where they're walking in the rain too. This book is just gone everywhere.
Speaker 9: But yeah, well so it's a hard lesson learned. But I did learn it, you know.
Speaker 2: But though, if you think about it, if he was running because he had to be somewhere, as opposed I'm running to get out of the ring, he was trying to get something to eat, they don't count. I'm just telling well, they wouldn't run in like the games about start. It's like, let me see if I can get a night real quick. You don't run that situation. You don't, Greg, I mean you won't. I guarantee you. Dad wouldn't have You think he's gonna run to You'll get him Spoonerberg, crackers and coke. Now probably not. We continue, Uh Rick Burges's show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, Yes, I got a question, please, Rick?
Speaker 9: Sure is it true or is it not true? That Jews do not believe that Jesus Christ is the son of.
Speaker 2: Man Messionic Jewish people absolutely do. There's many Jewish people who do so. No, that's incorrect. Uh so, yeah, you would be wrong. That does not indicate one way or the other. I mean, if you want to put Messianic in front of it. But sir, if you're if you're ignoring he was asking Rick. He asked if yeah, but he had that I did. He had that I'm gonna put birds in the corner, you know, And uh yeah, it's it was that attitude. Okay, yeah, it was all if the point you're trying to get to, is is it true that all must come to redemption? The same way the jew and the Gentile. That is correct, That is correct.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 2: But they they don't have to leave their Jewishness just to to be redeemed by Jesus. As a matter of fact, it's the Gentiles that the wild branch grafted in. Now they do not get get eternity just because they're Jewish. Now, I will agree with you on that, but there's there's something going on between them and God. And whether you like it or not, we're not in on uh. And we are we are told to stand with them through the difficulties. Basically, He's been disciplining his people, you know, throughout biblical history. But even even through the Tribulation, you're going to see many of the Hebrews come to faith in Christ. And there's gonna be one hundred and forty four thousand Hebrew evangelists that are going to go out in the Tribulation, and it's gonna He's uh, He's working out a plan uh. And of course the New Covenant is required by all now. But there still is a relationship between the Hebrew and Yahweh that is a little bit different than the Gentile as far as time, as far as the whole time but under the New Covenant that you and the gentile, under the authority of Christ now become one. So so yeah, that's your statements a little broad. We continue Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Hey, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: Good? I hope you're doing well?
Speaker 3: Good, doing well, doing well.
Speaker 9: I got a question for Greg.
Speaker 6: What where do you send someone that has a pickaboo accident?
Speaker 2: I don't know what does that even mean?
Speaker 6: That I see you?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's terrible. Another day. That's horrible. That's so bad. That's so bad, sir, that's terrible.
Speaker 4: That's not funny.
Speaker 2: That's worse than that about the holding sock.
Speaker 12: Nothing's funny about being in the hospital hospital humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness. What's next? Where that was terrible? Where do baby watermelons go in the summer? Where to a John Cougar melon camp? Oh my goodness, sorry, Rick burg Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls the go ahead.
Speaker 3: All right, I've got an important question. Nothing after a little bit of rain scares me more than a little lightning? Am I supposed to not run the rain when there's electricity filing all around?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't. Just you can't if you, if you know, just look around for something taller than you. You're gonna be fine. Yeah, this mellian knocked off your feet. Just don't look frantic.
Speaker 12: So I'm always good then, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's always best. Go ahead and take it either hand to let them have it. Uh, we continue unless your kids are with you. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, barely man. I might be the only one, but sometimes I wish toes had eyes saw that stuff them all the time. I don't think alrightytttle, only do I tell the corny dug up? Put a little weird sound, sir, sir, a little quick to the bloody Mary this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Zuckerberd.
Speaker 2: We continue, unscreen phone cause Rick Burgers Show go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wondering if I was the only one on the one hundred point three listeners page that the radio was messed up. It seems like every ten minutes or so, the show goes up for about ten seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a great job. Yeah, we we get that a lot. You are not alone. We we have We've tried so hard to address those issues. Uh, and I think they're aware of the issues and it just can't they So far.
Speaker 10: The timing issue has been known the skipping and the show believing that's that's kind of new over the last few days. But they are. I've been communicating with them. They're looking into it. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's there's they're just the the show just not quite I know that y'all have y'all. That's the reason why I think there's so much passion and Huntsville, because you're willing to endure anything to hear the show. Yes, yeah, and and but there's at I know they keep working on it, but it's got everybody two block right now. Yeah, uh, we continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscramped phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all talking about being old, handy andies earlier. Old Greg he sits over. He ain't gotta talk about how handy he is because he still probably got callouses on his hands from fifteen years go to power company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually was twenty three, is in there and still can't whip his older brother. Yeah uh huh, you got lost a little wage. Might want to look out. We're talking like you weighed three hundred. Rick Burgers Show. One calls, go ahead, can you take me? Oh those creed Rick, was that flip again?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that man didn't sound like he's gonna have to he's gonna have to release an album. We continue, Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are y'all guys?
Speaker 2: We're good, hope, Okay, Rick, I'm.
Speaker 3: About halfway through the book. It's been a blasting.
Speaker 4: I love it out.
Speaker 3: I'm a former high school football coach and and I love the book. It's helped me so far. And I'm only halfway through it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, appreciate that and love love getting that feedback. And those of you that live in that world, I'm sure that some of it is a little a little more spot on than even those of us that have never been in that world. Know about right. We'll be back. We had a lot to do, Burgess ball battle is coming. They practiced it now I'm looking at this much. They practiced a little bit. Yeah, they practice a little bit. To be money on the line. We got more to coverage. Stay close. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Go behind the scenes of the Rick Burgess show by watching Tales from mccamp house No on the Rick Burgess Tube channel.
Speaker 2: Five episodes for you to enjoy, Go granted and enjoy it money there. Do you ever miss any of the show? Do you miss some of it? Sometimes? Do you ever go back and say, well, I just want to hear the whole thing on my own time, because I mean on my way to work, I listen, or I do this, or yeah, don't forget. Every day there's a daily archive and you can get that on our podcast channel, a best of our and the full show. Be sure and follow our podcast channel and that way you get alerts too, you'll know when it's there. Or you can watch it on the YouTube channel. There's an hour of that on Blaze TV if you're a subscriber there, and then the full archive on the YouTube channel every day, so you can go catch it on your own time. And of course a lot of anticipation out there with the audience concerning Larry the patch Man, Oh, Larry and Speedy. It's starting to look like it's coming together. Have some news Larry, Larry, And now let me tell you if you think Larry is gonna wait on this and he's been aggressively. I even saw him text something to day. Don't think I didn't say it. Berry call me you and Adler after his show today? Yeah, I could. I saw that. Are you saying he needs to call right now? No, so we can tell him. Are you going to tell him he left the message earlier? Yes, he did, Adler. Are you in the speed he called me after you? Yow? When's the pats? I don't think that helps? Yes, how he loves that, Carolyn does. There's a there's a lot out there, but oh my gregs not alive. Sorry, vox seats. You just never know, never know? Would would anybody great? Verson, I'm so uncomfortable. Everybody just happened to be Larry.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna stay off of it. Larry, Larry, Larry callers. I mean I could call, but then it's gonna be on my self.
Speaker 2: I think he'll call. Oh, Larry'll call. You think he's missing a minute unless he was busy again today. I just wants you to call him. You're gonna be sleeping right in front of them patches. Yep, you are snuggle up, little speed, he snuggle up. I can. I can try, but it would it would be put that scroller. Now you didn't call enough trouble. Yeah, I'm trying to stay off of it, right because if not, I'm an leave. I'll make no scroller jokes, No, sir, Hey, that's bad. That bothered me for two or three hours. That was Yeah, regretting this, I thought, I know. I'm just gonna tell him the calls.
Speaker 1: If he answers.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he answers. This is I'm calling.
Speaker 12: Larry been chatting so we know he's following the show.
Speaker 17: Larry, Hey, Hey, but hey called up?
Speaker 2: Will you call the studio line?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: Thank you have some breaking news for you? Is the one you call every day, every dollar every day?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? In the bathroom?
Speaker 4: Taking him in the living room?
Speaker 2: That can't give me? All right? Thank you, Larry, Thank you, Larry. That's my world. That's gonna be, that's my cell and everything you think it's your world now it ain't nothing you par what's about to be? So maybe he'll call. We'll let him know. Now he calls every day, but I think you you remember he had to get a new you know, he's looking count counting. What's a number? All right? There is.
Speaker 4: Hello, Ylor.
Speaker 2: We've we've got I think we got a timeline for you.
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: What is it is? Carolyn there with you?
Speaker 14: He's right here?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: What is next? Wednesday? Look for you? Like you? For you guys?
Speaker 10: Maybe if if I came over Wednesday, got there around dinner time, and then Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Where we're on the show, that sounds good. Okay?
Speaker 10: Is that giving you enough time? I know you wanted a little bit of time? Oh sure, okay, Well that's the plan is Unfortunately, just due to everybody you know, not being able to be out of the studio at the same time, it'll just be me, is that okay?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 17: That'd be paying Speedy okay, another guy to come over also.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he was looking at maybe doing that another time. For some reason, Speedy want to come by, SLF look at this forced us out? Sure did and everything?
Speaker 10: You know how they do? You know, just have to just let them finish like a dog. Just remember, Larry, that some to push back from day one. Remember Larry, sometimes a buffet can be overwhelming. Sometimes it's just good to go with a single play.
Speaker 12: Well, by the way, the dog rule is not a real rule. You don't have to do that. You can tell them to stop.
Speaker 10: It's tough though, Well you can't get them off all right, so, uh so Larry So and Carolyn. So, I'm thinking by the time the show ends and I gather some things, takes about five hours four and a half to five to get there. I'm thinking probably sometime around five pm or so.
Speaker 2: Is that Okay?
Speaker 3: That's trying.
Speaker 17: It does very You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Lose an hour going Yeah.
Speaker 17: Lee are very what.
Speaker 3: We are, very flexible.
Speaker 10: Okay, good, good for you show us speedy.
Speaker 17: So, uh I need to talk to Greg for a second.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, buddy, that's great.
Speaker 17: Yes, I did that yesterday. I your wife trying us a uh fake book green brick prest So we are now fake book friends with your wife.
Speaker 2: Yes, she told me that.
Speaker 4: That's great, Yeah, awesome, that's fantasty.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she told me about that. Yep. The gift will keep something giving. You have too many friends, huh, A lot of cat picks. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I do have some questions. Am I spending the night there or just want to get a hotel? Come and eat and just get a hotel?
Speaker 4: Probably right, No, you're spending the night here?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, you are on the couch.
Speaker 4: Yes, let me tell you something.
Speaker 17: I would not recommend any hotel in this area to anybody. They're that bad.
Speaker 4: Our house is way better, way better.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Okay. So if there and young smoke a black and Mile and go to sleep, ye bird having black and Miles? Ready, how many cats we got?
Speaker 17: The only have two cats?
Speaker 2: Just too. It's it too. She said, they'll be on the porch. Is that what she said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a closed in porch and they're going to be out there.
Speaker 2: Allergic to cats.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now we we're good.
Speaker 10: Uh but Carolyn, I'm really gonna be leaning on you. Seems like we can we communicate. Well, so what what are we looking for for dinner?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure yet, but I'm thinking what I told you all before.
Speaker 17: A roadshed potatoes, Yeah, from a neighbors start.
Speaker 12: Yeah, come on, fresh cream, some cucumber salad and some coals law and maybe some other things.
Speaker 10: Wow, please don't go out of the way too much.
Speaker 2: There it is. We'll be in touch. And there it is. That's the planet. Next week, next week. There you've been waiting on, and here we go. Well we run back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show, America. Get ready for more of The Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, speede, Greg Adler, the gang all here. Who's ready? Let's go where ain't gonna take long? We got the box, seats are full, the goodies are here, including someone who has brought us something called peanut butter lasagna.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just got a mouthful and we lost Greg to that in the break and nothing. Nothing says top two diabetes daredevil like peanut butter lasagna. It's good you okay? Yes? Delicious? Okay, yeah, I know it's delicious. Are you okay? Is a question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, you look you tip your head a little bit, a little bit. I bet, I bet it's rich, so rich, rich rich. Who would have thought peanut buttersign you would be rich? And you know how they used to put peanut butter in mister Ed's mouth to make him talk. You get a lot of that. That's a good part. You gotta work through it. Oh yeah, so if you're fixing the talk, don't take about it. I've never heard of peanut butter design you never. It's good. Thank you for that. Well, you know what's time for It's time for us? What what you've eaten? The fridge? All right? So it's it's time I went to the wrong thing about that.
Speaker 10: Like, So the next challenge I want this hour is for him to take a body of that peanut.
Speaker 2: Was it castrole? No, it's peanut butter.
Speaker 10: Lisign your peanut Butter design you and then you have to read an email to right after that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Speedy, go to the names that are in the Funny Little Hats.
Speaker 10: I know Uncle Greg has drawn two names. If I call your name, come on up. Okay, you gotta go to the Burgess ball court in seat one.
Speaker 2: It's Lindsey Jordan.
Speaker 4: Lindsey Jordan.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, yeah, that's sure. Right here we go. What's your name? Brody? It's Brody. So it's Brody Jordan. He's gonna face Walkergan.
Speaker 4: Oh let's go watch.
Speaker 2: So now, now Brody has been practicing.
Speaker 10: For those of you trying to visualize, Walker's to the left and Brody is to the right. You each have your lane. You got thirty seconds, first twenty seconds. It counts as to the last ten seconds. It counts as three. So don't give up. We've had some folks come back and win. Okay, I hang on, I'll tell you when you gotta get to the two players.
Speaker 2: Here, here we go, there's that, there's that way and go and we're off, and we're off. We got Brody and Walker right now. Walker's up four to two. It's four four.
Speaker 4: Now it's four four.
Speaker 2: It's four four. Now we've got Brody. He is Now, score's eight to four. Brody over Walker. Here it's eight to four still fifteen seconds lapt sixty is ten to six six, Brody over Walker, fourteen to eight, ten seconds left, it's seventeen to eleven. It's twenty three, fourteen, Brody over Walker.
Speaker 4: It's twenty six.
Speaker 2: It's twenty nine to twenty three.
Speaker 4: And Brody has won.
Speaker 2: He's been Walker. Oh my gracious, all right, wow, Now we illuminate the will. It does have money. It's it's bundles, which means it's some sort of prize. It's a bit, which means we must do a bit on command. Or it could be bucks money money, and that's the money. So here's how it's gonna work. The loser more than money has to spend. First. Now, Brody once the grown man who you beat. Once he spinds you better be paying attention. You're gonna have a decision to make young man, and if you can keep the prize, he's spun for you because you're a winner. And or you can say I think I can spin. I think I can spend on my own and do better. Okay, you got to decide, Okay, all right? So and how old are you, Brody? He's twelve, and how old are you, grown man? Thirty two? Thirty two? Live with that. The rest of the day Walker is thirty two. You should have warned up, and he was. He was practicing so much.
Speaker 10: I think the youngest we've had when is an eleven year old one one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what you say is it's not will to me. It is not will to me. Yeah, and then give it a spend because oh smooth spin went with English. Yeah, went with English. All right, let's see here. Oh this is gonna hit. Oh good, Okay, all right, So Brody, here's the deal. That means you get to come back on another day and your vox seats are guaranteed. You don't have to go through this. I'm trying to get online. I'm just waiting when Speedy gonna put them out there. You automatically have two seats to return. You can keep that, or you can take another spin and see if you can do better your spin. I say so, then you say it's well to me. Don't spit again to me? Okay, then you spind alright, the Brody go, Brody has a date and he's so excited as a da all right, let's see what happens here. I really hope it's sounding good. No, my goodness, the horse.
Speaker 1: Share share.
Speaker 2: I'm like Brody Jordan Brody, Jeordan Brody a thousand dollars Brody. The first time I've ever seen somebody get more excited in the winter. I think that was his mother.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh man, he'll he'll be introduced to ten ninety nine. But I mean that's all right, it's all right.
Speaker 4: Uh oh boy, I stepped out for a second. What happened?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Have you back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's every time.
Speaker 2: Right. He's a horse a thousand it thous dollars. So Brody, Jordan's let's talk to Brody. We got Lindsay, Brody and Jonathan bring mama leave.
Speaker 14: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: To the big boy microphone. You're coming to Jordan's here they come. It's paradise for him today. Lindsey Brody and Jonathan Jordans all make their way to the Big boy Mic Mama, how does it feel? That's awesome?
Speaker 4: See I knew he would do a good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very that's fantastic. So Brody, how does it feel to win one thousand dollars? Feels pretty good? Plans for that money? Maybe? What what do you think about you would do with the thousand dollars? A couple of new fishing rods? How about that bastro on coming for you?
Speaker 17: For you?
Speaker 2: That's great? Good Jonathan, what do you think? I mean, that's just a proud papa. It's gonna fish. It doesn't feel good for mom and dad to ask you if you got five bucks. So do y'all have any shout outs your questions? Since y'all now get your chance. I mean, y'all, y'all being celebrated right now doesn't get any better than see anything else.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: He he actually was one of the first kids that ever spun the wheel back in the old studio.
Speaker 4: He was five years old, and so we have. He's loved the wheel ever since.
Speaker 2: Fell in love with the litl uh the wheel when I was a little boy, and I've come in here somewhere between the boy and the man, I've spun a thousand dollars the fast pro I'm coming for you.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you a pretty good fisherman? Brody?
Speaker 6: I try to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you normally throw? What do you like to fish with? It depends on what spot of manbody knows that. So what's your favorite plastic?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably worm, That's what I call most of them all, purple worm. Uh, the zoom red bug world. Okay, let me ask you ever trying one? Like a little punkin cheek? So that's good. So what do you throw other than that? What does say you try to do something top water? I'd probably throw a pop and fro oh? Oh yeah, absolutely? What about when you get into your rattle traps and your spinner baits and your jigs? What about that?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 2: My pone has think so they don't like it, but oh they don't. When I'm on the wake, I may throw up. Okay, all right? So how big a pond you fishing? My poe is like two or three acres? Yeah? Nice, that's good. That's good. You and I need to go fishing one day. I'm getting kind of excited. Okay, all right, well, congratulations, yeah, congratulations, guys, congratulations. Oh he's telling mom something, my mom, what's that.
Speaker 5: You want?
Speaker 2: Down? Were whispering in the ear. Okay, we're the turkey nugget people. Oh, y'all are the turkey nuggh Okay, okay, I'm so excited about the wheel that there me some tark. That's good. It's so good, Brody. What else?
Speaker 4: And we part right now to your big a sweet.
Speaker 11: The right.
Speaker 2: We'll meet some others got after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Warnings.
Speaker 1: In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So light up, Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: The Big Boy Mike is open. We had a thousand dollars winter today, Brodie Jordan's you got it done. So we're meeting some of the others that are in the studio today. Now we do have here with us today, Letitia and Ethan Frash here, but they don't want to come to the Big Boy.
Speaker 15: Mind.
Speaker 2: They're good right where they are, but but we want we want to.
Speaker 13: Hell, I'm good.
Speaker 2: So the next one up would be Alan and Charisma Bent, and here they come. Alan is the man who brought the peanut butter lasagna? Uh never heard of it? Uh didn't don't know much about it. Uh so Uh it is rich and delicious. Ethan, where you from? I'm not rthan I'm sorry Alan, where you from? Let's get right up on that might right there. That's gonna get so local. Yeah, you big Pelam Panther fan to you. Yeah you know they got they got a new coach over Pelam. Oh yeah, Taylor Birgers Panthers Panthers this year. So what is peanut butter lasagna? How's it made? Get another butter cookies on the bottom with melted peanut butter vanilla pudding. Then it's got the cool wi up on top with the peanut butter ship. Yes, maybe my forehead tickle just hearing it. Do you have any questions your shout outs from you and little charisma Charisma? Do you have anything you want to say?
Speaker 16: Do you want to give a shout out to my mom?
Speaker 2: Okay, her name is Christy. I'm sorry to you, She's mom. I shouldn't you said her name, didn't you? That's how old are you?
Speaker 5: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Twelve? So are you glad schools out for the summer? I'm glad you're so, I'm glad. Are you excited about being here as much as Dad is?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had peanut butter? Design you? No, I don't plan on having it. So what's your favorite dessert or food? What do you like?
Speaker 4: Macaroni?
Speaker 2: Macaroni?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for being here today. I hope you're having fun.
Speaker 6: There she go?
Speaker 2: Thank you again?
Speaker 6: No, thank you?
Speaker 2: A little shout out there?
Speaker 4: Who else?
Speaker 2: We got a picture? Let's go with Let's go with Walker again? And Frank Tiller Walker again, Frank Killer? You bring them? Yeah?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, I'm okay, Brody.
Speaker 7: All I gotta say is, don't let them talk you into a college fund, uh defos or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Just get your rods and be done with it.
Speaker 16: Do you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do you wish you had warmed up a little bit a little bit?
Speaker 7: But it kind of seemed like fate tell them up. We saw the picture of him spinning it as a five year old, and I looked like that was meant to happen.
Speaker 2: So I'm just a tool that's being used today. Are you legitimately happy for him? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Looking at looking at Walker. He don't need it, No, he don't need it. It won't hurt.
Speaker 4: Dollars, help anybody.
Speaker 2: So where are you from. I'm from Birmingham, Okay, so local folk. Yes.
Speaker 7: Uh, my cousin here's from Crestview, Florida. I can tell you about that in a second. But uh, I want to shout up my daughter, Abigail. We listen to you all every morning on the way to to day care drop off. My son's not old enough to know yet, so he crating. He's eighteen months. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, And yeah, just one comment. I think we need to get somebody, maybe Eve a little bit younger than Adler back there screening videos because you've put a few out here lately that are not our AI or they seem a little fake.
Speaker 2: You gotta have somebody run through.
Speaker 7: I mean, the twins talking at the same time, like that was that sarm off right away?
Speaker 4: It's real?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And then the uh, the lady shooting the tesla in the driveway. That's given me stage vibes, like crazy, so bizarre.
Speaker 4: The cops roll up, what are you doing? She's like nothing, and then she runs away like a little jog like that, like you know.
Speaker 7: Do you think do you think Greg gunn bend in your bending your elbows at ninety degrees like this?
Speaker 2: No, do you think Greg? Do you think Greg's radars off? It's usually his job.
Speaker 7: It's it's a generational thing. You just gotta you gotta be a little bit younger and be able to see. I'm at just at the edge of it, much older and I'm gonna lose it too.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 7: I'm thirty two, so I'm about to be out of it in the same time similar camps of you guys. So but yeah, we could throw it by Brody probably tell you, Hey, that's there's something I'll probably so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So what's good stuff? Nothing much? So you're from cresh View, I am, yeah, been there many times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I actually met you in uh Penncecola at the Together Marriage Conference for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, that was great and enjoyed that. So any shout out your questions?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just want to give a shout out to my wife Avery and to my eight month old daughter mary Ella.
Speaker 2: You got away with eight months old? Well played? So which one have you got the tickets? Did so? Walker took care of his cousin.
Speaker 7: He did just got whatever was available and I texted Frank and I said, hey, you're going to be able to make it.
Speaker 2: He said he would, so that you came to the mic. So I guess wherever you work knows you took a day. Yes, yes, we've had that happen before. People say I'd love to be on what I can I'm not supposed to be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well actually I worked for Marathon Electrical.
Speaker 2: But y'all having Birmingham go over and help him out? Yeah, yeah, well that's good. So so happy with changing light bulbs. Yeah, I can help you with that. We've impressed driving him. Yeah, I mean, I mean it's like handy. It's like this handy thing has just come out of nowhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually turned the show on just in time to hear that. Is that when I took on the Terror of double Illumination.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what it's called, it's not what it's called.
Speaker 2: Those are tough. Yeah. I was impressed. Yeah, you know, I was getting Yeah. You know a lot of electricians have for rouff problems.
Speaker 4: The reason their hand Well, that's right, tell me about it.
Speaker 2: I've got it. Once I started doing this handy work. That's probably what strained it. Yeah, that's probably that, and you know my daily workout. So the uh, well, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for being here. Thank you. Enjoy the rest of the show. Those are the two that said they wanted to go to to Larry and Carolyn's with you. Oh really Cover, Yeah, they want to go Greg, those two would go that go and we can watch videos. So thank you all for being here in the box seats. If you want to get yours, it's they're free, but you do have to grab them and you do have to reserve them. And if you're one the heads up. Usually we go about sixty days out, so usually the last week of a month, they open up from a month from them and now I works something like that, boy Rick, what what you know? It making clear? Okay that well, but basically Walker just got him and said you've been missing fake videos. Yeah, I felt bad for Haddler. Haddler, Yeah no, that was making a face. Okay, mister chen face, you know what you just mean. Times this is a gullible bunch. Many times I've had to call them on a lot of things. They're all fired up about it, and I go guys, there's no way that's real.
Speaker 4: You know those those were real.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just watched what Walker was talking about.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 2: You're now starting to make it's gonna happen to you too. You're starting to make the older guy face. Yes, you know, squint in your eyes, you know, looking down at younger.
Speaker 4: People, like, what is it young punk talking about.
Speaker 2: You're only seven years old.
Speaker 4: Hey call me when.
Speaker 12: You're thirty seven, buddy, and your knee starts creaking like a door.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show in a world that embraces mediocrity. They are thriving the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go. Five hours goes back pretty quick when you're having fun, doesn't it. Yeah, thank you. Any part of the show you missed today, not a problem. Daily archives are available on our podcast channel. Need to follow us there if you have it already, follow us on our podcast channel and then on our YouTube channel. Archives there as well Blazed TV. People. You all get a best of hour and also coming up this weekend another episode of Strange Encounters, the new podcast with The Rick Burgers Show and Blaze TV. So looking forward to that. Be sure you're following that that one as well, all right, so a couple of things to run down. I know Greg's going to shoot hos in it now that Walker has got him on sturge. Oh yeah, soak him up is what he did. So the principal to start with him a principal. There's a story here. Let me get back up to it.
Speaker 10: There's something. There's about four different things. We don't have to high school principal.
Speaker 2: What he's already started.
Speaker 10: The high school principal in Arlington, Texas made the headlines after he wrote a personalized note to every single student and this year's graduating class, all four hundred and forty three of them.
Speaker 2: And Greg Ai, I knew it, he used a he didn't do it, by the way, he absolutely did. I agree with you to come about it. Oh yeah, AI put a little information. Ye knocked at knocked somebody. I was told, of course, you have to watch it because eventually it's gonna take over the world. But I was told I saw two things just in the last two weeks. One said that he and his family were going to Washington, d C. I'm sorry, hell, I'm a real person. Yeah wait, I'm sorry, y'all. That's that's not fair to all of you out there. You can't see. We looked up on the text Nation. Somebody's got an AI picture. That's an AI picture of speedy. Uh of course Larry the patch found and they're all in the same bed to me right in the middle, right, that's speaking of AI God. So anyway, he said, listen to this, and this is I hadn't. I never thought about the travel agency world, because who all is A going to put out of business? He said. In forty five seconds, he said, my family put in the we've never been to Washington, d C. What restaurants do I need to get reservations for? What museums do we need to see? What's the best way to get through the museum? And he said in forty five seconds, he had a trip to Washington, d C. Planned by every single minute, hour by hour, and even totally. If you go to this museum, start on the third four, don't start on the bottom. How to get through all this? The restaurants, he said, they had it set up in forty five seconds. I had another guy who said, hey, I missed some of the Wednesday Bible study, and I put in AI. Please give me a brief description of the high points of this Wednesday Wednesday's Bible study with Rick Burgess, and it cranked out all the points for him to look at from the Bible study.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't think it's anything for a principle to say, here's some letters for all of you. A I wrote every one of them, and you're right, yep. Well, some of the students talked about how much it meant to him, so I guess YEA. He took time to.
Speaker 10: The first For the first time ever, three of the Beatles Offspring have collaborated with for a new song, Sean Lennon, James McCartney and Zach Starkey.
Speaker 2: They have a new rip Ringo that's Ringo. Is that his real name? Starky Ringos, Ringo Starky. I don't know, he took some step dad's name. What is this? I don't know, but that the song is called Ripoff and this is three of them from the arguably the greatest band ever put together, right right, Just yeah, I don't know, it's just kind of all that name. You s couldn't really tell what was going on with that, you know, especially with the Lennen guy. You know, I know who his dad was, but his mom was Yoko Ono. We've heard her so oh, well said, well said, remember she's doing that screen. You know even Secretary couldn't get this right. That's right, you know what I mean. He's got he has all this offspring and never could get one that was anywhere near as good as him.
Speaker 4: Here's uh so, Zach Starkey was born to Marine Starkey.
Speaker 2: What's his name's first white ringo? Star couldn't come up with.
Speaker 4: Ring almost said, chas Bono.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, he just he was in a band. He just got booted out not too long ago. I forget who it was.
Speaker 4: The boy he was Oasis who something. He's done some stints.
Speaker 2: It was in racing, it was in the news. Have you know Sean's trying to look like his dad. He's trying to do that that run when he had the little glasses on and the long little touch agent. Well, yeah, we're great because that's why if you have an Asian mom, you have to That's what I'm saying. So they don't look exactly like what if I said, tell you who he is is an Asian John Lenham, then there you go, and that that we got.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So just a few more if we can rapid fire here.
Speaker 10: A new study of about four hundred thousand home care recipients say that, uh, lonely older adults actually live longer than the non lonely.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cruel, isn't it. You think about it, lonel and it just goes on forever. You know, people that's got a lot of things to do, they don't get to hang around a long right, think about it, I'm lonely. Well, let's just stretch his own out for a good twenty thirty years of loneliness.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I chose to be lonely, which extended my life of loneliness. Yeah, yeah, I think there's suddenly said for you know, the number not near as important as the quality. I don't think. Yeah there's that. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Today is National Eat your Vegetables Day, and I had to ask Greg. The only reason I brought this up is I know he was a picky eater.
Speaker 6: I was too.
Speaker 2: Did you eat your vegetables when you were when I was a kid? What do now? You didn't need one? I don't recall ever seeing Greg anything.
Speaker 10: Really, how did your mom maneuver through that? I mean, like you just would make me some campbell soup.
Speaker 2: Yelled a lot. Really you went to let me tell what I saw. Gregy is a kid now, he's not like that. Was al Michaels, who says he's never eating a vegetable. Yeah, yeah, I was a Frank Gifford. I can't remember who was It was Michael. He still didn'ty vegebles. Yeah. At least Greg changed and he eats eats him now. But as a child, I watched Greg eat chicken noodle soup, Campbell's okay all the time, yeah, all the time. Yeah. I watched him eat uh a hot dog but no bun, just a weenie. And then I watched you eat pizza. I like pizza well, but a lot of times I would just eat the toppings. I would eat the crust. Worried about that too. And I think breakfast he just passed on. Yeah, pop tarts? You have pop tarts? And I can't really, no, I didn't, I didn't. Didn't you sometimes eat rice? Yeah? I liked rice. He would eat rice. Yeah, nobody we'd have mashed for tastes. Eat rice. I forgot about That's crazy, it really is. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't know that I believe this next study and this will wrap it up here. A new study shows the most patriotic state.
Speaker 2: In our country. What do you think it is? Mississippi?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Patriotic? Pen Want you sit up? Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania love But your anarchist. Well, I'm just telling you what what you talking about the ambish out there? I'm just Pennsylvania. I'm going I'm in American history. I'm going with if this helps you.
Speaker 10: The study was also based a big portion of it which states ranked highest in military engagement and so engagement.
Speaker 2: Florida. You ain't gotta get mad. This is why Florida's coming in at number three.
Speaker 10: Vermont Now, really, Bernie Sanders, I keep forgetting this even the state number two, Montana, and number one is Virginia.
Speaker 4: No, that's just military involvement.
Speaker 2: I didn't count.
Speaker 10: It says thirteen key indicators of the patriotism. It was data on military enlistees veterans, also how you voted in the twenty twenty four presidential election.
Speaker 2: But what's weird is that like patri i mean very.
Speaker 10: Patriotic states down in the southeast coming in way down like Tennessee at thirty five.
Speaker 2: Alabama's forty seven, Arkansas's fifty.
Speaker 4: This is a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wallet hubs, wallet hub dot com. I would have gone to where do I see the most American flags you know, portrayed, I mean on display all the time. Yeah, and I'm telling you that's going to be down south. I mean, it don't even have to be the fourth of July.
Speaker 10: It says those that have served, and we've talked about that higher voter turnouts during the election. Now that's you've stopped population volunteer and they have national and local organization.
Speaker 2: That's not how you find out who's patriotic. It's just I don't know about this list. I think all about what the formula was. I do not you put in Colorado is the fourth most patriotic state.
Speaker 19: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Saw you think anybody at number five? What do you think anybody in organ has ever had an American flag? At where the fifty states are? Dell Earnhardt's face. Do you think this whole list?
Speaker 4: Flip the whole list?
Speaker 2: Amen to that?
Speaker 10: And I think a text or said it bad. They think woism is part of patriotism.
Speaker 2: No, no, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. Be bold and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgers Show. Cool merchandise is available now just go to Rickburgershow dot com. That click shock.
Speaker 2: All right, we got boy, we got a we got a case. We got to look at. Here to wrap of this hour, first of all, let me see you to relief Factor dot com for botanicals in fish oil. Let me tell you this is an all natural approach to the aches and pains of aging our life. If inflammation is the culprit, this will solve it and they'll do it naturally. Works for the majority of the people who go ahead and do the three week trial. I did it, fell in love with it, been taking it ever since. Already taken one pack to start the day. Don't want to live without it. Relief Factor dot Com, relief Factor dot Com, get yours now, get the over the counter stuff, man, don't overuse that stuff. It's not designed for that. Get something you can take every day to help and also eradicate the problem. If information is the culprit, relief Factor dot Com, relief Factor dot com or Rick Burgess Show dot Com under the sponsors Adam, will you get your rowbo Jury speedy, Greg, I'll join you on the jury.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: The judge has called the court to order, and this and man this, the person will have to remain anonymous. So Judge, when you're ready, i'll I'll present the case before you and the jury. Have you got your wig on? Okay? All right?
Speaker 4: So are beginning?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you all right? Are you ready to hear?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 12: This is mister Chen's first time seeing the judge in here and this. Okay, the hammer scares him a little bit. That's fine, He's worth it for justice.
Speaker 2: I would like a ruling from Judge Eagle and the jury. You don't have to do that every time. Are you ready? Okay? How do I stay happily married and pull this off? Rule on what whether I should do this or not? My wife's a great cook, can bake the best cakes and cookies I've ever tasted. However, she struggles in the realm of brownies.
Speaker 4: What weird?
Speaker 15: I love?
Speaker 2: I love. I love a good ouey ouey chewey brownie, especially right out of the oven with some Bluebell vanilla ice cream on top. Come on, here comes the problem. You're gonna it's ugly. On the first line, about seven or eight years ago, I dated a girl in high school. Oh no, you're reading this. She had the greatest mapron scratch brownie recipe ever, second to none brownie. He's done. I cried and we broke up, mainly due to the fact that I was leaving the brownies. They really were that good. This recipe was her own and cannot be found on any website nor any cookbook. And here comes the ruling. I need to know. No, should I or shouldn't I. My wife knows I'm not the biggest fan of her brownies because she can read me like a book. Oh yeah, that happens to me too, she can hear you. I have recently thought about ruling please. I've thought about discreetly reaching out to my ex girlfriend no and asking for the recipe via social media, then nonchalantly presented it to my wife and requestions she make her brownies this way. Is that a good idea. I'm not worried about some old flame being or anything like that. It would never happen. I love my wife dearly. I just want the brownies. Do I try to get this recipe or not? How good are these brownies? He says, they're the best he's capitalized ooey, gooey delicious.
Speaker 12: I don't know, man, A lot of memories in those brownies, A lot of memories in that battery.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a good idea. No, you're ruling is do not attempt it? Really, how many times you're gonna eat brownies? I mean, brownie's are not like some of you cook daily. There's only certain occasions even get them. Is it worth all the craps gonna come with it? You know what I'm saying, Who are.
Speaker 4: You gonna be thinking about when you're eating those brownies?
Speaker 2: Or you gotta act like you don't like them that much? Neither are okay? I guess you know too much acting? Yeah, not enough joy. I'm just saying to potential, it may go smooth, too dangerous, it may go smooth, but there's potential here.
Speaker 4: My wife needs to Oh, I'm not those brownies.
Speaker 2: I've never read those brownies. Your vote is no, I would say no. I just don't think it's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Sustained.
Speaker 2: No, you don't do this. No, because every time you take a bye, you're thinking about her. You don't do that. What do you do when there's some rookie, don't mess with you cannot do this. I tell you what you do. You get in there with your wife and y'all make brownies together and figure it out.
Speaker 4: That's hearsay.
Speaker 10: I mean you get you get a family recipe or something. I mean, I'm not the brownie maker.
Speaker 2: But is it that hard? It can't be that hard. I've made brownies, the greatest brownies. That hurts now. And you don't want to secretly do it because then your wife's finding out. You know, you got to keep your mind in that house. You can't be your ex. And why why is your X on your Look at these women, look at the women at social media. You're not going to actually have to meet them or anything, right, But you said no, no, I did, look at it. I'm I'm just looking at both ways. We're trying to get to get you said, wait a minute, I'm trying to get the guys in brownie all right, listen, look at the face. Look at the face of every of the two women in this room. Look at their faces. They are furious. They're mad at the thought of these brownies. Yeah, and here's one thing that list you better not like them too much. Overpowered with Bluebell. Yeah, we're going to have We're gonna have unanimous ruling. And I'm gonna tell you why. He needs to think about what he just said about his wonderful wife. She knows me and reads me like a book. She's gonna read it. She's gonna know there's something wrong with this brownie recipe. She's gonna sense it, and you're gonna dive and she's gonna be like, Wow, you really took to those brownies. Now, where'd you get this recipe? And then that's going to enter into all kinds of where'd you get.
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 2: Brownies are diverse enough that you can make it good enough brownie, not getting middle all that crap. Yeah, just make you on brownie, Like he said, put a lot of that ice cream.
Speaker 4: Hey, watch your language in the court by.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Hey, let me tell you something. It won't be long out of what we're doing a podcast right now on strange encounters. You've got to be careful what you're letting your house. Yes, oh yeah, you let you let that old brownie recipe come in there and let that flame. I know, he says, the flame won't light, but he bites it in the brownies. He's gonna remember one thing and one thing on the woman who made them.
Speaker 12: They say that memory is most closely tied to our senses. In one of those senses is smell.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy, I appreciate that you smell those brownies.
Speaker 4: You start thinking of all right, being back in that kitchen.
Speaker 2: Very listen, looks good. Listen. I'm gonna go this far on behalf of the court, and I don't want to get I know, we got to stay in the order. Yeah, have you lost your every loving mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look, you're you're you're a you're too young. You're a rookie husband. This is a like you said, Speedy, a rookie idea. It's a horrible idea. It's a terrible idea. If you if you let those brownies come in that door, it's gonna turn your marriage up side. Yes it is. Brown can't come in there. And to all wives right now, this isn't us asking. I'm not asking. Okay, I wouldn't. I would. It's like, we're not responsible for I'm not responsible for this email. I won't go terrified reading some like you said their their wife slapped him in the arm because they we're reading this story. This, This is not us. Another person sent this in. We don't have any something, no brownie house, are fine. I had Terry's brownies.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's trying to have his brownie. He's trying to have his brownie and eat it too. He is, and we we the jury double.
Speaker 2: Jeopardy and brownie. Yeah jeopardy. It was Father's Day weekend. I had brownies twice. So let me say this. Okay, let me say this. Let me say this, are ruling as the you know, the foreman of the jury. We rule unanimously. He should not do this, of course not.
Speaker 4: That's right his inception.
Speaker 2: Let nobody. That's that's how you show opposite ajourned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, that's the law.
Speaker 2: Speeded you marvelous rookiness. I know, yeah, I him. I believe he even wrote it, because what does she listen to this show? He said, don't mention my name. But she's gonna smell this like just like you brownies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's gonna smell it out, all right.
Speaker 2: They know when someone else is brownies.
Speaker 4: Comes in, he can sniff at anything.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 2: They know, I don't know how they know what they know. You don't want anything coming in there that you're gonna have to not tell the truth about it. Yeah, because she's gonna ask work to get them brownies. You just randomly through some brandy recipe of he in front of me. See when people get hungry, they get desperate. Yeah, we need to check on mister Chan.
Speaker 4: You've been beating that guilty.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burger's Show.