Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: And finally I heard about a man in France who fell into a ravine and survived for three days on nothing but red wine, or as we call it here in America.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Hey, now I'm looking up at the TV. They're having a little discussion about AI music and the idea that, you know, who does anybody own the right so that or who owns the right set?
Speaker 1: I never thought about that.
Speaker 3: But with some of your formulaic pop music, like country music, for instance, since it's all really close to the same anyway, why would record companies.
Speaker 1: Need to pay anyone anything?
Speaker 3: Why would you need to have a writer who gets some of the money, or of course nobody's getting any money. Now.
Speaker 1: It's all about the touring, right and you need that human being up on stage.
Speaker 3: To promote the song, to go on Saturday Night Live and sing it on or whatever are you right, and then sell concert tickets anyway? Right now, Washington, d C. The Supreme Court, the justices, the barobued justices are doing the whole oral arguments thing over whether or not Trump has got the power to lay tariffs on all these different countries around the world and up end of the world economy is one guy. It just seems like to me, without knowing any of the law, it just doesn't seem like the way the system out of work.
Speaker 2: Right, as an actual conservative as opposed to a I support everything Trump does, character it's troubling that much executive power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so the voices you're gonna hear are gonna hear the lawyer representing Trump's point of view that yes, he does have the power, and the female voice is Amy Cony Barrett, the conservative justice the Trump appointed.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so an intermediate appellate court held at Intuia. But you just told Justice Kavanaugh that wasn't your lead argument.
Speaker 1: That your lead.
Speaker 4: Argument was this long history of the phrase regulate importation being understood to include terrorf authority. So my question is, has there ever been another instance in which a statute has conferred used that language to confer the power.
Speaker 1: Well, putting aside just cheetah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, actually the other statutory example that just the imports. The cases we rely on our cases where, for example, and Gibbons is ogged in and Justice story.
Speaker 4: See that just shows the word can be used that way. None of those cases talked about it as conferring teriff authority. I understood you to be citing McGoldrick and Gibbons and those cases just to show that it's possible to say that regulating commerce includes the power to tire.
Speaker 5: I think our argument goes a bit further than that as interpretive matter, because if you look at that history, the history of delis is just answered the justices question.
Speaker 4: Con you identify any statute that use that phrase to confert her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only two statutes I can identify now are tweya as interpreted in Yoshida and then closely related, not regular importation, but but just imports.
Speaker 3: In section two, that was the chicks before Styx, you know, jumping up there and saying, hey, don't let some dude man splain answer her question.
Speaker 1: Says the other chow Yes.
Speaker 2: The other chick may have been Justice Soda my Oar standing up for Amy Cony Barrett, which is kind of an interesting dynamic now that you bring it up. Coming up, there's a real bitter debate dividing the Supreme Court's liberal justices right now, what fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just one of your all?
Speaker 3: Was that a I'm jumping in here because my fellow female justice isn't getting your question answered.
Speaker 1: They don't have the patience with the rambling.
Speaker 3: They don't have the same politics, although they might on this issue.
Speaker 1: It's conceivable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very very consumable. You know, I didn't understand. And the vast majority of that I'd forgotten. The voice of that dude whatever his name is, that represents Trump and all these things, ee John Sour. He's hard to listen to. Terrible types the CNN, you know, little words. The bottom of the screen. Conceptualization of this was Chief Justice Roberts and conservative Barrett pick a part Trump administration's arguments on sweeping terror authority. Although that's fairly vague that that's what you do.
Speaker 1: You pick upart.
Speaker 3: Arguments, doesn't mean you didn't believe them, were like them, right, Maybe you worth at least a few seconds on the fact that often Supreme Court justices will try to find flaws in their own arguments, which is really a pretty good thing for all of us to do if we're trying to be serious about having good, strong ideas and philosophies, but they want to see if the other council can point out a weakness in their own argument, so they can either come up with a way to strengthen their argument or realize maybe I'm not right, because no justice wants to write an opinion and then be post at having missed a major point.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite thing about the orl arguments is that every time they come up, all smart people say you cannot tell anything from the arguments, and then we go back to listening to the arguments, trying to deduce what we think it's.
Speaker 1: Happening, having just stated that you can tell but that's what.
Speaker 2: Well, No, I must quibble with your characterization that you can't tell anything from it. But you're right. You got to take it all with a grain of salt. You get clues, and clues are not proof.
Speaker 1: So I think this. Here's the next one.
Speaker 3: This is John Roberts, the Chief Justice, also a conservative, questioning Trump's lawyer.
Speaker 1: No, it's not or less. They're more or less a conservative more or less? Yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 5: Okay, if a cariff is imposed on they're automobiles, who pays them? There's a they're Typically there'd be a regardless who the importer of record is, there'd be a contract that would go along the sort of line of transfer that would allocate the tariff, and there'd be different Sometimes that foreign the foreign producer would pay them. Sometimes the importer bear the cost. The importer could be an American, could be a foreign company. A lot of times it's a wholly owned American subsidiary of a foreign corporation, so it gets allocated. The pure blossom has ranged from like thirty percent to eighty percent of.
Speaker 6: Like how much is born by I mean, it's been suggested that the tariffs are responsible for significant reduction in our deficit.
Speaker 1: I would say that's raising revenue domestically.
Speaker 5: There certainly is an incident on collateral effect to the terraffs that they do raise revenue, But it's very important that they are regulatory terrafts, not revenue raising terraces.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. From the politics of it, Trump has been pushing it as a big revenue maker for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, slicing lee the illegal argument a bit thin.
Speaker 3: Can I get somebody whose voice doesn't make it so distracting? I can't even really pay attention to what he's saying. Would that be possible.
Speaker 2: I know that's not fair and it may make us idiots, but it's like RFK, Junior, get a spokesper person, please, or even like an AI program or a parrot or something.
Speaker 1: You just and I'm sorry you have the condition in your voice. Is not your fault.
Speaker 3: No, it's not your fault. You're probably a brilliant laurier. But I can't listen to you right. Ah, it would be an interesting idea, he whispered in the pariser, and then the parent recite recites what you just said to it.
Speaker 2: Because I have no life, I spent a bunch of time reading about who is actually paying the tariffs, and it varies product to product, substance to substance if we're talking about like a raw material.
Speaker 3: So it very cross when people yell at tariff is attacks. Is that too broad and simply simplified. No, no, No, it's a tax.
Speaker 1: Uh. The question is who pays it?
Speaker 2: And and again you got to go practically product by product. But in some cases the manufacturer in the fur and Land says, uh, you know, our profit margin is x. We could take a haircut of you know, two percent of our profits, and because we don't want to shock the consumers and the importer, the middleman says, you know, oh, I could probably lose one percent on this deal, and then the retailers gosh, dangn things are pretty tight here. I could probably nip off a half a percent and so the consumer pays very very little of the tax, at least initially. And there are other industries where they saw the tariffs coming and so they built enormous stockpiles both here and abroad of stuff that won't be tariffed because of the date it was brought into the duty free warehouser.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the technical term.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and that will change as the months go by and their inventory is depleted. So it's interesting. It's the reason it hasn't really hit inflation with us, you know, with serious impact so far, is because it takes a long time to play out.
Speaker 1: Because business people are smart.
Speaker 2: They do their best to not shock the consumer into what not buying their stuff.
Speaker 3: Here's Jonathan Turley's assessment. He's been following the whole thing today, and then we can move on sour. That's the guy with the horrible voice that I can't listen to is doing a brilliant job and fending off probing questions. While he might not win over some of these justices, he has been very nimble and stout in his defense. That's what we try to be. Nimble and stout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day, some days he's more nimble, I'm more stout some days, vice versa.
Speaker 3: You just got to see how you feel air day, nimble and stout. So I found this super interesting.
Speaker 2: And this is getting of course, because the media are lying biased jackasses. As interesting as this is, it's get no coverage. The debate dividing the Supreme Court's liberal justices Kagan and Jackson especially, are really at odds with each other because Justice Kagan, for all of my disagreement with heron a lot of policy, is very respectful of the traditions of the Court and understands how important it is that Supreme Court justices act like Supreme Court justices Angie Brown Jackson Shock, the youngest and most radical leftist of the justices.
Speaker 3: Who did the most talking last year, by far, the youngest newest justice did the most talking.
Speaker 1: You don't need anything happen a little life experience.
Speaker 2: Anybody with a little all life experience understands what we just said and what it means.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she believes that she should be an.
Speaker 2: Activist and talk to the press all the time and go outside the court and make strong statements and the rest of it, because she's going to preach to the people. And the Conservatives and Trump are accused of undermining our institutions, and they do sometimes honestly, right, but it's Trump who destroyed the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: For years, Justice Kagan is agonized over whether to be more confrontational confidence and mostly concluded that to be a effective she must be careful about rocking the boat and just be as good at her job as she could possibly be, which is a very admirable stance. But in recent months, Justice kagan'st liberal Justice. I'm sorry, colleague Justice cab Age, I need to slow the hell down. Michael, tell me to slow the hell down. Oh that's right, you don't he down. Oh okay, you dropped an h bomb there. But in recent months, uh KBJ has started warning the public that the boat is sinking. In one opinion after another, Jackson has accused the right side of the Court of favoring moneyed interests and of complicity that enables our collective demise.
Speaker 1: Not because you're not supposed.
Speaker 2: To go at the other justice's motives and say they're bad people, that that decision only became came because they're greedy and they're kissing up to the money and interests.
Speaker 1: You don't do that, you moron.
Speaker 3: How do you think this ends? I'll tell you how it ends on how it ends, but i'll tell you what the next step is. Trump convinces whoever's running the Senate to do away with the filibuster, and then the Republicans next vacancy get through some red meat chucking firebrand justice who's on the Court who takes it even further, And then the Democrats do the same thing their next justice, and pretty soon the Supreme Court is like the House of Representatives or a panel on a cable show.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Final note at oral arguments is Jack indicating she's taken up far more speaking time than her colleagues even though she is the youngest and newest. Blah blah blah blah. I'm not afraid to use my voice, she said in an eventual lapse.
Speaker 3: Al Right, ah, right, why don't you try being nimble and stout for a change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he said. I had enough of that. Now something different. Oh, the polymarkets, which are interesting in their ability to predict your giant global betting markets, give the administration only a thirty nine percent chance of victory. Oh really, Yeah, we'll keep an eye on that. See if they're right. It's an interesting thing, the wisdom of crowds. You heard of that, right, We'll see how well they predict this.
Speaker 3: It will be a pretty big deal that I've after all this tariff stuff for the past ten months. It'll be a oh, nevermind, I guess we can't do that.
Speaker 2: That's one of the administration's arguments which I do not find compelling, is hey, look, we've weaved this incredibly tangled web.
Speaker 1: You can undo it now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see the movie Toy Story, a childhood classic.
Speaker 1: Either you watched it as a kid or your kids watched it. Almost wasn't what it.
Speaker 3: Was according to Tom Hanks, which is an interesting story among other things. On the way stay here. So Hansen texted us last night he was he's our executive producer, that he was at a junior high basketball game and when one of the teams hit the score sixty seven, everybody went berserk.
Speaker 1: And cheered increase.
Speaker 3: I got crazy, so I brought up that whole Oh that's what we were arguing with Groc about last night. So I asked myself about where'des six seventh thing start, do you know? And he said it was this kid on YouTube and he brought up the video. They were rooting for NBA player Lorenzo Ball, who's number of sixty seven, anyway, and they started just chairing six seven to this, and it somehow be caught on from there anyway, So I asked Groc about it, and she had some something from a rap song going way back, and Henry said, no, that's not right, and Groc said, actually it is. And then I said, don't interrupt her. Gro don't interrupt her, Henry, and he said, she's not her, it's an it. It's a computer, dad. And then I said, sorry, Groc, he should have interrupted you. Go on, and she said, that's all right, it happens, don't worry about it. And then she gave me the.
Speaker 1: Answer with a chuckle. With a chuckle, yes, she laughed like a good.
Speaker 3: Hearty laugh about how funny it was that my son and I were kind of having a little argument, and he interrupted, that's weird anyway.
Speaker 2: Gives me the same feeling like a alsman who's trying to be my best friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, gives me Yeah, right, I'm not a fool. Yes here, Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Toy Story beloved movie. If you're of a certain age, you watched it as a kid. If you're older, your kids watched it. Here's Tom Hanks describing how almost wasn't what it was.
Speaker 7: Tim Allen and I and everybody involved in it. We recorded a toy Story movie for about eighty minutes of it that was completely thrown out a different story. Yeah, it was everything because the people who were running the studio, not Pixar, said look, it's a cartoon. Let's make them wise cracking, insult each other and come up with goofy things.
Speaker 1: It didn't work.
Speaker 7: It wasn't Toy Story, it wasn't what Pixar was going for. So we got one of those calls from John Lassiter. John called up and they said, hey, listen, we've looked at it and it's just not working, and we would like to start all over from scratch.
Speaker 1: How long had you.
Speaker 7: Been working We had been working on it for about two years. I would say about two years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: So then we began the process all over again, which is about it two and a half to.
Speaker 1: Three year process.
Speaker 7: And there's gonna be another there's going to be a fifth toy story.
Speaker 3: Movements that's interesting. Two years in and they decided and his ain't working. Then started over and obviously one of the greatest kids movies of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but just by coincidence, when our kids were little, Andy in the movies was little, and as he grew, my kids were growing, and when he went off to college was right when I think one or both of my older kids were going off to college. And wholly counted that yank at the heartstrings those movies. But now it's all owned by the mouse, the giant, evil, befanged blood dripping from his greedy claws.
Speaker 1: Mouse that is. Disney probably has haunt careful.
Speaker 3: They have lawyers, many lawyers, so I shouldn't say that Mickey Mouse likely has Haunta.
Speaker 2: Man, It's funny, whether it's a movie or a song or whatever, sometimes you get to three quarters of the way through it and you realize, I have no why to you, why this isn't working, but it's not working.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where the real art comes in, and I'm fascinated by it. Some people are really good at figuring that out. We got a little more analysis of what happened across the country yesterday and all the things talk about.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: After poking the bear, this bear roared with an unprecedented turnout in a special election with an extraordinary result.
Speaker 3: All Right, that's one of the problems with living in California. We got a head start on being tired of who might be the nominee for the Democrats for president, because it gets you get pretty tired of these people when you're running for president on TV every single day for two years.
Speaker 1: Even if you like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're already tired them anyway. It's a big political win, no doubt for Gavin Newsom originally proposed. Everybody hated it, including Democrats. No, we're not going to put districting lines back in the hands of the politicians, but they framed it as being anti Trump, and so it won by like twenty five points yesterday. They're going to redistrict, they're going to re re and more. Extremely jerrymander California from what it already was, which was pretty jerryman which was pretty jerry mannered already. And now it's mentioning that the.
Speaker 2: Special interests of California, specifically the public employee unions, the trial lawyers unions in general, always turn out like crazy on off your elections. So if they really want to get dirty work done, they'll do it in these kind of weird off your elections. Yeah, because the generalized taxpayer interested voter in California just doesn't turn out.
Speaker 3: The on purpose irony is that is pitched as saving democracy, and it's like the worst thing you could do for democracy. The more gerrymandering you have, the less democracy. Anyway, here's Gavin Newsom, who has really leapt to the top of the list of likely nominees for president for the Democratic Party after yesterday gloating Donald.
Speaker 6: Trump called up the Border Patrol, sent them to Dodger Stadium and through a fastball at free speech, right of the head free expression to suppress the vote in America's second largest city.
Speaker 1: Just did that today, people.
Speaker 6: In tactical gears sent out to intimidate a community that is all ready on edge. But you see as we speak, people are still in line, people waiting up three hours to cast their vote, to send a message to Donald Trump. No crowns, no thrones, no kings. That's what this victory represents, is a victory for the people of the state of California and the United States of America.
Speaker 1: The vomited.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have the chops to win the presidency unless the Republicans really cough up a loser.
Speaker 1: No crowns, thorns, no kings. Johnald Trump, Jernald Trump. Johnald Trump said tactical gears. He didn't get everything right in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just populist politics wear me out.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going more that direction. See zorn man, dummy mom, dummy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Don It's actually not right.
Speaker 2: The Democratic Socialists of America more radical than ever and they're winning.
Speaker 1: Next hour.
Speaker 3: Just see my favorite I just saw my favorite tweet of the day. This is from It doesn't really matter who it's from, but it's from Molly Hemingway. She's a pundit. It doesn't matter her tweet is The guy next to me in line at Starbucks is friends with Tom Sellick, and I'm super excited to hear his stories.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, How in the world.
Speaker 3: Did that come up in conversation? Is this the sort of guy that goes around and will just offer it up out of nowhere? The fact that he's friends with Tom Sellick?
Speaker 1: Right right? How do you know somebody went to Harvard?
Speaker 3: They'll tell you, how do you know somebody's friends with Tom's like, that's not normally the way a friend of a celebrity acts is that you go around and tell baby, you know, I'm friends with whoever?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean, granted, sometimes you got to cool your heels for a little bit waiting for your order in a Starbucks, But.
Speaker 1: How the heck did that come out? Yeah? How did it come up?
Speaker 3: Where did the conversation go that got to what celebrities do you happen to know? Funny you ask, I'm friends with Tom Sellick. And then the next part, I'm super excited to hear his stories. I'm super excited. Here's another thing I know about my friend Tom Sewick.
Speaker 2: He has two I take here myself saying, wow, that's that's great. I tell you what else he ought to know about Tom is he has two dogs. I'm like, wow, yeah, I like dogs too. I tell you what a great sense of humor too. One day, Tom and I were on the golf course and I'm thinking, oh, for God's sake, please call Joe, Please call Joe so I can get out of here.
Speaker 1: His mustache was even better in person.
Speaker 2: But Molly is quote super excited to hear the stories that each thero own. I guess, I don't you know. I just I'm not super into actors. If somebody, if somehow I fell into a conversation with somebody who's like a longtime friend of Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson or something like that, yeah, I'd be interested. I'd want to hear the stories. I gotta admit it. Okay, each their own, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess you're right, if you're being fair, you have your own. But it's gotta be I don't know, I have to have some interest to it. Really. Bob Dylan's got two dogs on to Biaomadean, so I uh.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on for hours and hours about Zoron Mamdami's victory and the Democratic Socialists of America and how socialism slides inevitably into totalitarianism and death and horror.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound very entertaining, does it?
Speaker 2: Just happen to read an unbelievable piece of writing.
Speaker 1: I didn't finish it. It's long.
Speaker 2: It's a problem with the internet. Bag in the day, I'll tell you what, youngsters. Back in the day, there's a limit to how much you could put in the newspaper because it had to fit in a little tube, right, and so we had to head it.
Speaker 1: But what the Internet, It doesn't matter. Every freaking thing you can.
Speaker 2: Somebody asks you, hey, is it's supposed to rain tomorrow? You get ten thousand words. This happened right exactly, with ten thousand words per link.
Speaker 1: Right. In addition, if you have literally nothing else to do, this guy was about Okay, this guy.
Speaker 2: I was writing about a movie was a springboard a movie about this topic. But the pole Pot regime in Cambodia, the Khmer Rouge, which if you're not familiar with it, was a communist regime. It came to power making all of the standard promises of socialism slash Marxism slash communism, which are often disguising themselves as one or the other, even though they're all communists. And how inevitably central planning means central control, and to control people you have to hurt them, and if they continue to resist, you have to kill them, especially because you have to kill lots and lots of people before people of good conscience stop resisting, You have to terrorize them into submission. And I remember because I was a weird little kid, and I read the news magazines that we got in our house every single week, and the full horror of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia was, you know, in those magazines. So it I was like, really weirdly aware of this as an eleven twelve year old because it was in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but pol Pot.
Speaker 2: And his Khmer Rouge regime ended up killing off twenty five percent of the population, worked them to death, tortured them to death, executed them to the point that the rain would fall, and all over this region around the airport that was never finished. When the rain would fall, the bones would come up through the ground because they had killed so many people. And you know, I don't think every you know, a person who wants free bus rides going to end up being whole pot.
Speaker 1: That the difficulty is.
Speaker 2: And we've argued many times on this show that not every slope is slippery, but the difficulty is given the amount of dishonesty in Marxism, and Jack, I know you can talk about this at length. How the Marxist Leninists in the early days they thought the working class were too stupid to get it, and so they would dupe or force them into the paradise.
Speaker 1: That that would be unleashed.
Speaker 2: But anyway, to stop parenthetical thoughts and get to my own damn point. The problem with all of this stuff is that by the time you realize it's no longer step A or B, you're indeed at step F.
Speaker 1: You can't go back anymore.
Speaker 2: They've got too tight a hold on society and too much control, and they can really really hurt people to make them conform. And so when I see a guy like Mamdani who's not only an avowed democratic socialist and what those people believe next hour in their own words, I believe him to be something of an Islamist as well. I can guarantee you his rhetoric is a cleansed version, a sanitized version of what he really thinks and wants. And that's what bothers me so much about his election, knowing where this sort of thing ends.
Speaker 1: You know, Tom Sellig likes his coffee skim milk.
Speaker 2: Oh God, would you please stop talking to me. I've looked at my phone, I've pretended to take a call. You're still telling me about Tom Sellick.
Speaker 1: Please stop.
Speaker 3: I acted like I don't understand English, and you still keep telling me about Tom Selleck.
Speaker 2: Much as I enjoyed that comedic interlude, this is a wonderful coincidence after that screed about totalitarianism that it's the annual Warrior Foundation Freedom Station Giveathon taking place tomorrow on Thursday. This is a fabulous organization we have supported for years and years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Warrior Foundation Freedom Station has been a lifeline for our ill and injured warriors, battling post traumatic stress, dramatic brain injuries, all the challenges of transitioning to civilian life. Well, they're doing the whole home for the Holidays fly I'm Home for the Holidays thing again this year, because everybody deserves to be with loved ones on you know, on Christmas, and it's a chance for you to fly them home tax deductible donation.
Speaker 1: It's more than a gift.
Speaker 3: It's a way to say thank you to warriors who would never ask for help themselves.
Speaker 2: I mean, the folks who have made unbelievable sacrifices for our liberty and fight off the forces we are just talking about deserve a giant thank you. And to be at home with the folks for the holidays is a great gift. And if they're not in the shape to travel, Warrior Foundation Freedom Station flies their folks to be with them at Warrior Foundation Freedom Station.
Speaker 1: It's easy to donate.
Speaker 2: Call six to one nine Warrior that's six to one to nine Warrior or get the name right Warrior Foundation dot org. That's Warrior Foundation dot org.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 3: CBS That Today is doing a feature about this popular AI singer that apparently has a couple of hits, whatever hits are anymore, And I don't I can't quite wrap my head around what they're doing here. They're interviewing somebody who told Grock have a hot young black chick sing this song as the creator of a popular AI singer, they wrote the lyrics, but Sila person is just I don't know. If you've messed around with AI, you can make an attractive we're unattractive.
Speaker 1: You can make anything you want. It's very easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who are they interviewing the person not a creator of the popular AI singer.
Speaker 1: But it is an art form in a real weird way.
Speaker 2: But it'll have a very very short shelf life because anybody can do it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it. I think it might be a show run by old people for old people, completely not understanding what's going on here? Thing go okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're calling it the worst political memoir in history, the KJP Memoir and hilariously obsurdic review of it coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We read the kicking it took from The New York Times last week, which was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Oof. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Karine Jean Pierre KJP, as she is known, White House Press spokesman in the Biden administration, got a new book out last week. We read the review from the New York Times, which was scathing, I mean brutal.
Speaker 2: I must quibble. She's the she was the press secretary. That is a cabinet level post. I didn't know that, Biden administration your cabinet level.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Andrew Styles of the Free Beacon, who is absolutely brilliant and hilarious, has written a lengthy piece.
Speaker 1: I'm going to hit you with some of it, but I'm going to drop down to toward the end. This summerizes it nicely.
Speaker 2: Independent, which is the ballsy title of the book. It's got a long subtitle, is, which is both mercifully brief and intolerably long, defies credulity at every turn. Well, the subtitle is important because it's like my tales from a broken White House or whatever.
Speaker 1: It mentions a broken White House.
Speaker 3: And then when the New York magazine asked her about you know, we'll tell us some tales from the broken white House, you know, the Biden administration, you're behind the scenes, she said, Oh, I meant the Trump white House, right what, you don't have any tales from the you weren't in the Trump white House.
Speaker 2: The title of the book is Independent, a look inside a broken White House outside the party lines.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't have any tales from the broken White House. She's still claiming that Joe Biden's perfectly fine and could have been president for more years than blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Well, as Andrew writes, KJP can't stop making history. Earlier this year, the former White House Press secretary became the highest ranking openly queer French born black woman with a hyphenated surname to publicly renounce the Democratic Party for being mean to Joe Biden. She is the only black, female, lesbian immigrant to publish a book about her time in the Biden administration. It is the worst political memoir ever written in the history of the English language. This is not hyperbole. It's an especially vacuous genre and highly competitive, to be sure, But imagine writing a book so bad it could shame Democrats and liberals into second guessing their cult like devotion to DEI.
Speaker 1: That's what she's done with his book.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty two, Jean Pierre's promotion of the wh Press secretary was hailed by Democrats and journalists to the extent there's a difference as a triumph for diversity and representation, and it's worth pointing out that on the Armstrong and Getty Show, for every single second we were saying what the left is now saying. After years of angrily shouting that it wasn't true, she is now widely viewed, in the words of a reporter who worked with her quote as the most incompetent and irrelevant White House Press secretary ever. Former colleagues describer as quote ineffectual, unprepared, and kind of dumb oooh. Looking back on the Great Awokening of twenty twenty one, can't help but marvel at what Jean Pierre has managed to achieve. Democrats are finally starting to connect the dots, casting KJP as a cautionary to of what happens when desired to make history takes precedence over everything else, said a Zai Jelani, a former blogger at the left wing Center for American Progress, which is influential on the left.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: If Democrats really want to help minorities, they have to stop defending incompetence. Karine Jean Pierre was never good at her job, and it took progressives four years to admit it. It's remarkably Jean Pierre's book tour, if you can call it, that, has been described as a car crash of non stop cringe. She fumbles her way through interviews, repeatedly invoking her lived experience as a trailblazing black woman, openly gave pioneer the same people who celebrated her historic promotion, and the first to denounce people like us as her as bigots are now rolling their eyes quote every time she falls back on identity politics. Instead of actually answering questions, she reinforces the worst stereotypes about Democrats. A former White House colleague told Politico, it's truly remarkable and your reference Jack her egregious performance in an interview with the New Yorkers Isaac Chotner. And we're talking about the freaking New Yorker here, folks, We're not talking about, you know, sitting down with Rush Limbaugh when he still graced the earth, was his presence or even the Wall Street Journal? Was the New Yorker anyway. One Democratic strategist liking dandum Mike Tyson fighting a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't be a fair fight, not a joke. The baby wouldn't have a chance.
Speaker 2: It's forced many liberals to embrace the possibility that John Pierrot was utterly unqualified for a job.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: This is a liberal journalist, Jordan Weisman. I don't recall her ever transforming into a dervish of complete nonsense like this on the podium.
Speaker 1: But maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
Speaker 2: Fact Jack, he clearly wasn't paying attention because she's always been like this.
Speaker 3: H and The New York Times mentioned in their review that they called her for explanation for some of her claims, and she wasn't able to talk to him. She turned down being interviewed by The New York Times about her book because she knew she couldn't answer the questions of like, what do you mean inside a broken white House? You're talking about the Trump White House. You didn't work in the Trump White House. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: How doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it calls breaking up. So it's both mercifully brief at one hundred and seventy two pages and intolerably long, defies credulity at every turn. KJP claims she never noticed Biden's cognitive decline despite meeting with him at least once a day for two and a half years. Her observations reflect an alarming disconnect with.
Speaker 1: Reality, and he goes into Martinez.
Speaker 3: But she kind of has to do that or she'd be the least patriotic person in America if she was supposed to admit. Oh, yeah, I saw him every single day. He wasn't capable of being president. His brain hardly worked. I just kept my mouth shut because I thought I was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Our politics are so broken, Yes, it is, it can't.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult to figure out how it would improve if you miss a segment or an hour. Get a podcast version Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty