Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this special weekend trends update for the weekend. Yeah yeah, yeh nailed it.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah it got twenty twenty twenty three. I'm Jack, that is Miles. Yeah yeah, and uh yeah. Before we get into the trends, Miles, let's go a little check in with one another. Just check in, man, check him from the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only way we know how this is. This is how I start all conversations in public with my family. Yeah, what's something you think is overrated and underrated?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's never like, hey, how are you? How you feeling?
Speaker 4: It's always like, what's any thing is over Like when I was sad once, I remember like, what's anything is overrated?
Speaker 2: That is your way of getting me to kind of express myself from your heart.
Speaker 1: It seems like there might be an overrated that you want to get out.
Speaker 4: I guess if we're putting it that way, Yeah, yeah, over under I got, I have some I got. Okay, So let's start with overrated first, because it was Father's Day. I think fighting the inevitability of washed parenthood is overrated.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta let that fucking wave.
Speaker 4: Hit you and just embrace it, you know what I mean, Like, fucking I was this. I always bring the scene up from Deep Impact where Talione's with her dad at Cape Cod and that fucking tidle waves coming for them and they're just like, fuck it, let's go. I feel like that with my first Father's day out the way. Thank you, thank you very much, thank you so much. Her majesty bought me this big ass like woven ratan hat with like the most garish UCLA branding on it to be like and now you need your big son hat because you a washed dad now. And it was like one of those things where first by my blood like normally would have curdled in rage, like I would never wear some shit like that. But the way I snatched that thing out of the bag and put it on my head immediately, I was like, this is where I need to be protection. You gotta have it, you gotta have it, you gotta have it. Uh So I've been I've been really leaning into that and like you know, you haven't seen me my most latest fashion iteration, Jack.
Speaker 2: We will see that soon as all cargo pants.
Speaker 1: All cargo only cargo and full cargo pant pockets, which is underrated. I think a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Down into the ankles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The pocket goes from mid file really long car bucket and like make it put making use of those why those big pockets?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, keys clattering like a broomstick.
Speaker 4: I can put a broom in there when you move too much. Whatever, I need a pack and play for the kid, you know.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do a dad dad related overrated as well. My overrated is going to be bringing your five year old to a movie with a complicated time travel multiverse plot. I did bring my five and seven year old to Across the Spider Verse yesterday. They really enjoyed the movie, but in terms of their ability to self regulate in a crowded movie theater, the main thing that they don't get yet is the ability to regulate their volume to appropriate levels. They're like drunk people.
Speaker 2: You know, like full voice scream question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my five year old like, I'll whisper in his ear. Then he'll put his mouth to my ear and then speak to me like I'm across the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but which why why is this Spider Man not color exactly?
Speaker 1: But and the questions are like usually I'll be like, oh, well that's like, you know, you can just like kind of answer it in one sentence, but this one he was like, why did the spider machine take him back to a different timeline than the one that it usually And you know that you have to give at least a paragraphs worth of explanation for them, right, So that would be it would be My note is maybe like or just do the first screening of the day, which I think is you know, no holds barge kids are allowed to run wild at those ten in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh see, as a parent, I always Lookay.
Speaker 4: The one time I did it was like when I was younger, and that was to see a movie no one to bring their kids to because I was just like, I think the theater'll be probably be pretty empty. Yeah, but I didn't think of Yeah now as I think of like what your schedule is, like, you're like, oh, yeah, we can hit that ten thirty am movie. But then it's basically just a big day care with a movie playing in the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, what's your underrated? What's you're underrated?
Speaker 4: Sweeping as in the ground because the leg or the grass the leg. Yeah, I know, I know, I know, you're in Ralph Maccio mode right now. But I so I stepped on a fucking b oh, and I'm I liked.
Speaker 2: Look y'all know me. You know how I don't like tough guys.
Speaker 4: You know you guys got that energy sometimes like I might be, I might be stronger than I actually am.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: When I step on a bee, I I turned to I turned to Jello.
Speaker 2: I screamed.
Speaker 4: I almost called her Majesty Mommy. I felt like I was so I did the thing where it was like a little kid. I I didn't realize I stepped on it till I was like, uh, I had like my feet up and I noticed like a pain in my foot. And then I just looked and I just saw the bee on there like wriggling, and I just went oh.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, I get it off, get it off, get it off.
Speaker 4: And so when I did the first move I did, I flucked flinged it away, so the body separated from the stinger, but the stinger was still in there.
Speaker 2: And that's when I was like scrims Like, I was like, get it out, get it out. Even though it was.
Speaker 4: I could have easily gotten it out like it was on the bottom of my foot. I could have it out right there. I had fingers and everything. But the way I really relied on my partner in that moment.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: And then dude, she did carry you back into the house across your shoulders like Vietnam style.
Speaker 2: Exactly flop me on the bed. She had to.
Speaker 4: She tried to give me a bend a drill, and I spit it out because I go no, because I don't like I don't like pills. So she had to mush it up into a paste and put in something older.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had my.
Speaker 4: Venda drill and my Advil, and her majesty was like, how many advil did you just take?
Speaker 2: I'm like four.
Speaker 4: I'm like cause I don't really take I don't take advila or ship like that anyway. So I was like fuck it, Like, I'm like, here we go. And I don't know why I thought the pain was gonna go be so bad. It's fine, but hey, if you have tips, because now it's.
Speaker 2: Itchy as ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the name, come in now and then just be sleepy. Yeah, hi, I guess so drill should help.
Speaker 2: We'll look at the.
Speaker 4: Ground you're walking on, because unfortunately, I just feel like we're in this era of like more dead bees on the ground than ever in.
Speaker 2: My lifetime prior to this.
Speaker 1: We rake them into a pile and jump into them in the fall instead of it's there's too many dead bees all over the place. Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So whatever, I know, I know, we got be be expertise. I hear, what can I do to like help these motherfuckers to not die around me? If there's anything I can do, because I don't, you know, whenever I've had a hive or something, I always have it like responsibly relocated and shit.
Speaker 2: But I just see the aftermath of whatever chemicals or whatever they say, the celta, whatever the fuck is fucking with these bees. It's it's real. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My underrated is the brain chemicals that our body naturally provides us with, particularly during sleep. Like this was something that I just maybe we were having some fitful sleep with our kids this weekend, so I was waking up a lot in the middle of like a dream and then you know, going you know, with my five year old back to his bed and then going back to sleep. But like just the way I guess the way I always think about sleep is like it's good. It's like just the off switch part of my day when I go bye bye and I'm not there. But like I think there's something too, like where we go away to like that I don't know, like you're just fucking high, so I'll like remember what I was dreaming for like two minutes, but everything else is just like blacked out. Like I remember my dreams for like fifteen seconds after waking up, and then it's just I don't know. The older I've gotten, the more time I've gotten without like using any other like of the chemicals that I used to use, Like sleep is just really a wild ride.
Speaker 4: It's it's wild though too, and like you see those like I remember reading about how it's like your brain like washes itself while you're sleeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too, it's like dousing itself and like all sorts of chemicals that I feel, like you know, are It's like I think there's like a lot of First of all, like dream logic is this whole other world of logic that I think my waking brain has always just been like, yeah, it doesn't make sense, it's nothing, but I think it's also like what like there's these little like bouts of dream logic that have to do with like what I find funny, and I think I'm still We record these a little early in the morning, so I think I'm still half asleep, which is why none of this is making sense. But like I've been thinking about that a lot this weekend, just because I had like weird fitfull sleep and when I would wake up, I would be on this like fucking cosmic journey like running away from uh lightning storms and like this huge dramatic vision quest, untethered from space and time. And then you're like up in your in your kids bedroom, and then you go back and like you just I don't remember much of it, but it's a.
Speaker 2: The twilight is always very interesting.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, especially when I like I wake up and I'm trying to fall back asleep.
Speaker 2: There's like this fine tight rope.
Speaker 4: I feel like I walk, We're like I'm about to like I might just get over the line to fall back asleep, and then I just take like a deep breath out of them, and then I'm like, oh, and like i feel like I'm my body's waking itself up like with that breath and I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no no no no the breath, yeah no. And then I'm like, fuck, it's gone, it's gone, It's gone. Anyway, I don't know how to make sense of this, but let us know if you're a sleep expert too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sleep experts, Like, I'm curious to hear more about that stuff, like I've I've just always like I think the fact that Donald Trump never sleeps has like something to do with how he is, like because it's just like an over overabundance of like waking logic without like any sort of dream logic or any any balance to that.
Speaker 4: Or he's in the dream logic build right, or he just never sleeps and like he's half asleep at all times.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into one story from over the weekend. Now that we're caught up with each other, you're caught.
Speaker 2: Up with us. Also, how are you doing good?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 2: Fine? You don't have to that, so it's really uncomfortable, due you don't have to go there?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: And there? You have to go there?
Speaker 1: All right, Titanic tourism. So this is just like such a weird story. It feels like algorithmically generated, but it's like tragically real search is underway for a submarine that went missing while exploring the wreckage of the Titanic. It's been days, but the vessel's life support reportedly lasts for ninety six hours. So I think some people are holding out hope. Yeah, but it's yeah, and it just it seems like, you know, first of all, this is why if you were like monitoring trends, why like James Cameron was trending on Twitter twice because we can't like process reality.
Speaker 4: Nothing to do with him or the movie, but the fact that there's a submarine Titanic thing.
Speaker 2: It's like James Cameron, James Camra.
Speaker 1: James Yeah, but yeah. There are four passengers and one pilot on board. One of the passengers was identified as a billionaire British explorer, Hamish Harding. Hamish Hamish Well, yeah, you know, we don't know how he pronounces it, but yeah, it's part of Ocean Gate Expeditions, a company that charges two hundred and fifty thousand dollars per person for a private Titanic expedition. Yeah, and it's like the privatization. I think a lot of people were immediately like, well, this must be related to the government or something, and it seems like maybe maybe it should be. Yeah, maybe that assumption is steering us in the right direction.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of There were a lot of like articles and things over the last couple of years talking about this company, and not one of them was like this looks safe, this looks good, Like Smithsonian magazine did one, and they were just basically being like, like to your point, They're like, you know, most like submersibles that can go that deep are owned by governments. That's just how it is.
Speaker 4: But apparently this company could do it because they're using carbon fiber composites, which is quote far cheaper.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh okay.
Speaker 4: And then people pointed out that like it could be controlled by like what looks like a PlayStation controller. It's just like a USB game controller, and people are like, oh no, like what is that. Other people I've seen other submersible experts like chime in, They're like, it's don't don't look at it that it's a PlayStation controller. It's just like a very easy to use controller that makes sense for maybe not the most skilled pilots or whatever. But I'm still like, oh, okay, sure, sure, and then yeah, like just the I want to play this one clip because people were pointing out like CBS last year also did a profile on ocean Gate, which already sounds like some kind of version of Watergate, sadly, right, And you know, David Pogue is like during this whole piece, he's essentially been like, yo, this shit. Jake is fun, like was his whole like sort of energy talking about everything. And I'll just play a couple of bits of this because in a way, it's not like, hey, you should have known what you got into, but it's clear that a lot of people sort of outwardly were looking at this and being like this doesn't seem like totally safe, right, Okay, So right now he's going to read the release that you have to sign to go into the submersible, an experimental submersible vessel that has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body and could result in physical injury, disability, emotional trauma, or death.
Speaker 5: Where do I sign?
Speaker 4: And now they're like looking at the Wow, actual sub.
Speaker 2: Inside the sub has about as much room as a minivan. So this is not your grandfather's submersible. We only have one button that's it.
Speaker 4: It should be like an elevator, you know, it shouldn't take a lot of skill. The titan is the only five person sub in the world that can reach Titanic depths. He goes on to be like, isn't some of this stuff from like Lows and like home Depot that you're like using like these ballasts and stead of Like yeah, yeah, but it all works, It all works.
Speaker 1: This one still has the sticker on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I might take it, I might return it, so I don't take the sticker back.
Speaker 2: That's how you save money. Next question. But yeah, again, like you.
Speaker 4: Not to say that, like this ship was doomed from the start, but clearly there are a lot of regulatory things missing here, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's true like havitization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And another person, like other people pointed out like the word death is like on the first page of the release like six times basically, so you know what you're doing, like if you, you know, get involved with this.
Speaker 1: The company's CEO has been all over the place, like saying that he wants to do for deep ocean exploration what Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk are doing for space travel, Did.
Speaker 4: Ronda Santis sign a bill that would protect you in the event that one of your submersibles killed in people, because.
Speaker 2: Then you're not like them.
Speaker 1: He also previously bemoaned the rigorous safety laws that prevented commercial dives below a certain depth, which he called obscenely safe, because there hasn't been an injury in the commercial sub industry in over thirty five years.
Speaker 4: So famous last fucking words, and like right now the outcomes. You know, there's been a few I saw like an article on Insider that was saying like that, you know, take that for what you know, what it's worth. But they were talking to a submersible expert and they're like the three possibly, like the reason why we don't know what happened is the best case scenario is that the like comm's link or whatever just failed and the Titan submersible is just like bobbing on the surface, like literally just being like, hey, somebody come pick us up, like we're not underneath the water at the surface. Other than that, they said, the reason that they might not have lost like contact is like a catastrophic implosion Jesus Christ, or that the submarine has been tangled in the wreckage of.
Speaker 2: The Titanic itself.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So none of those are yeah, uh sound good.
Speaker 4: But you know, I hope there's a good outcome because it's I mean, like, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: My fucking worst fear. I think one of them would be. And then when you saw you saw the inside of that.
Speaker 1: Thing, it's it's tiny, like the inside of it is just a tiny, bleak metal capsule with a single button on it.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad that you take your shoes off before entering, right.
Speaker 1: That's customary. That's like a little thing we like to do to make sure the inside smells like absolute shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's like one there's like a kind of toilet and by that there was like a canister that you could just like go to the bathroom in and like just store it underneath this.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, anyway, so please please find them.
Speaker 1: Well, good energy out to the search for them. Hopefully it's not the worst case scenario. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about RFK Junior going on Rogan, Trump Hunter, all that good stuff. We'll be right back, and we're back, and RFK Junior made his Rogan appearance Joe Rogan, who when we've criticized him in the past, people have been like, he actually does like a lot of research, you know, into his guests, and it just seems.
Speaker 5: Like he he was like totally sweet by RFK Junior coming on and being like and four g is destroys the blood brain barrier and that's why uh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, COVID happened. And he was like, well, I'm sold. I looked into these five links that you sent me. Well, I'm sold.
Speaker 2: JFK's your uncle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I'm sold. We're good here with what I don't know. Ever, man, you wouldn't lie. You couldn't tell a lie. But yeah, uh the very serious presidential candidate Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy Junior, like, I'd imagine the f is the same for all of them, right, probably, yeah, maybe it's like it's frank, but he goes on Joe Rogan to discuss very serious things like okay, it's all horses. He said this, if he goes on find well the CIA marked his uncle, and then he might be next.
Speaker 2: He said, quote, well, I gotta be careful and I'm aware of that.
Speaker 4: I'm aware of that danger. I don't live in fear of it, you know, at all. But I'm not stupid about it, and I take precautions.
Speaker 1: Okay. I mean, the CIA may have marked his uncle, but I don't think they give a shit about him.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? What are your precautions?
Speaker 4: Are your precautions basically to talk nonsense all day so they don't take you as a serious person at all and a danger to anyone except yourself and the people who are have the misfortune of.
Speaker 1: This is Joe. One of those precautions is coming on here and seeming like a completely unseerious person.
Speaker 4: But I'll be real you, I know vaccines don't cause autism. I say that to protect myself from the CIA hit squad.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And he also was on to talk about how like you know, you know, he had to talk about vaccines, but he brings up the fact that no one will debate him, No doctor expert will debate me on my completely acid nine views on vaccines. And I do want to play this part because it I've not really heard RFK Junior talk recently, and I was I was a bit taken aback.
Speaker 2: But here we go, all these controversial opinions that you have. Have you had anyone debate you publicly about anything?
Speaker 6: Nobody will debate me for eighteen years. In fact, I've scheduled many, many debates, and I've asked hotes many many times to debate me.
Speaker 1: This is up there, This is up there with Mueller and uh Kushner for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's got that like that raspy Steve O shit like you've been screaming to I don't know anyway, So he talked about Peter Hotez, who obviously I think he's that from Baylor. Out of Baylor, he's like, he won't even debate me because they're like, yeah, because you're not a serious person, and right, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You're just gonna say nonsense? Like, what the fuck is the point of that?
Speaker 1: Right, It's not a debate when you are just not tethered to reality, right, and just making up your own bullets.
Speaker 4: Not a debate to just be like you're lying professional medical person and you're like, and how do you know that?
Speaker 2: Because I don't like what you're saying. Right, did I win the debate?
Speaker 4: And I should also be noted he also again to keep the serious candidacy going He also hollered at our boy north of the border Jordan Peterson with him too, So yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, this guy's running as a Democrat, and you know, take that, take that for what it is, folks.
Speaker 2: He's out here.
Speaker 1: Well some major developments in the presidential election. I mean, first of all, obviously RFK Junior, which like it will be depressingly important to like keep an eye on his pull numbers after he goes on Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson, since those shows are fucking massive. Yeah, so he I mean, that's but Kennedy says his whole thing, He's like he needs long form shows to rant on, and that's because he's like he's not good at talking in succinct sentences.
Speaker 2: So good he can spread his wings.
Speaker 1: The right is a buzz because Hunter Biden has been charged with some tax crimes and a gun crime.
Speaker 2: What did you do? So?
Speaker 1: The tax crimes seem pretty straightforward. He like didn't pay his taxes for a one point five million dollars uh oh, and oh the gun crime was interesting.
Speaker 2: Taxes okay, go on, but oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think those are misdemeanors. And then the gun crime was.
Speaker 4: That wait a million and a half dollars is only like it's not like a felony tax criming.
Speaker 2: That's so fucking nice for America. I know, a misty when you got a fucking one point five million dollar tax bill.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I have those numbers right. Well. But so the other one is that he lied on a form when buying a gun because the form asked him whether he was actively addicted to drugs at that moment, and he was and didn't like check that box. So it's just like I'm wondering, did they specifically choose these charges to make people just be like, well, I've never once told the truth among those forms or made made any decision other than the one I was already going to make heading into signing off on paperwork.
Speaker 2: You know, sure, I just.
Speaker 4: Like like, are you adicting to drugs?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Is that cool? Is that not? What?
Speaker 2: Now? Let me get my right, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean definitely serious. Like I think that there was one point where the widow of his brother like threw the gun out in a dumpster and like that that was noticed, and like that's where this charge they then like traced it back, and like just you know, he's obviously in a horrible place in his life and like truly, truly a mess. And this is you know, this all stems from a regional judge like in Delaware, who is a Trump appointee or maybe a trumpetpointee like prosecutor. But I don't know, it feels like.
Speaker 4: They got to man, this is it's all hands on deck right now. They need a fucking smoke bomb like you wouldn't believe, like the Lakers need a point guard.
Speaker 2: Okay, they need this ship to.
Speaker 4: The point where now you have like these fucking politicians. There's this whole thing about we got these Biden tapes. They were saying this last week, we got it on tape. Okay, there's this whistleblower who says they got Joe Byron on Wax talking about how he's gonna work with this energy company and get Hunter like a deal in all this and then fucking then Chuck Schumer recently came out like yesterday and was like, yeah, I'm not sure. I don't know if these I don't know if these tapes are real. It's like, bro, you were you were just screaming up and down the aisles that they were a few days ago, what the fuck what's going on? I mean, Chuck Grassley, I'm sorry, Chuck Grasseley, I'm mixing up my old white Chucks in the Senate. Sorry apologies to Amy Schumer's cousin. Yes, Chuck Grassley was basically then just openly questioned if they even existed. It's it's really wild. Yeah, how how the desperation is.
Speaker 1: But so, I mean, on the Biden side, they're hoping like this will just be the end of it and it'll be like, oh, you lied on a on a form and forgot to pay a taxes on the bunch of money. But who among us?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But I think that's probably wishful thinking because on the front page of Fox News, it's like Hunter Biden Probe grows, or you know, it's being treated as just the.
Speaker 2: Beginning Hunter Biden Probe engorged.
Speaker 1: Intensive guys, GOP probe intensifies, is how they're describing it.
Speaker 4: I like though, too, Like at Biden's rally that he did over the weekend, like his first ride for reelection, his whole take was like the rich gotta pay their fair share, man.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And by that I mean my son, my son. Yeah, absolutely, and then Trump May made a couple appearances where he was in damage control mode.
Speaker 2: He was he was damaged and out of control. It's the best way to describe that.
Speaker 4: But like, yeah, dude, he went on Fox and you know, does an interview with Brett Bayer, who looks like a lego man, and they like the interview made a couple of headlines. First was like talking about like the stolen documents thing like he can't even articulate a defense that sounds reasonable, like they honestly, it sounds like me at seventeen trying to explain why my mom found like cigarettes in my jeans or some shit.
Speaker 7: Please, please could we have it back? Because they have no we would.
Speaker 3: Ask for it and we would talk.
Speaker 7: And then they said they went to doj to subpoena you to get which they've never done before. And why not just hand them over them because I had boxes.
Speaker 3: I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things out.
Speaker 7: I don't want to hand that over to Narrow yet. And I was very busy, as you've sort of seen, but.
Speaker 2: Accordingly you've sort of seen.
Speaker 4: So this other thing was I was so busy, man, they got all my shit in there, so of course I'm not giving it back.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't say that part out loud, but okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And make sure I get my personal stuff out of there, like my social security. You need security information security.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, the wild shit too is then they get on the fucking twenty twenty but not even they didn't. The question Brett Bayer asked has nothing to do with the twenty twenty election. He's basically giving Trump an underhander to crush out of the park by saying, like, all right, next question, what are you saying to independent women voters in the suburbs given the fucking, you know, lack of agency that you guys are advocating for as a party, what do you think of that?
Speaker 2: And my man can't he can't even fucking can't help himself, dude, just listen to this shit.
Speaker 4: And then it gets hot because Brett Bayer starts like pushing back on some of the bullshit.
Speaker 3: What do you say to that female independent suburban voter who feels that way to win her back? First of all, I won in twenty twenty by a lot. Okay, let's get that straight. I won in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: What do you say First of all, I want.
Speaker 7: You look at everything that you want to look at.
Speaker 8: You take a look at truth to Vote where they have people stuffing the ballot boxes on tape school, or.
Speaker 3: Let's go to recent looking well, wait a minute, let's go to recent FBI Twitter. Let's go to recent the fifty one agents all corrupt stuff.
Speaker 7: Britt understand about election, but that's cheating when they lost the twenty twenty election, who Brett.
Speaker 8: You take a look at all of the stuff ballots, You take a look at all of the things, including things like the fifty one intelligence agents.
Speaker 3: Were recounts in all of the swing states, there was not significant once we're trying to get recounts, real recounts, numbers, vote widespread corruption, there was not.
Speaker 4: Then he goes on and goes you took Ellen every single fucking lawsuit you brought to He's like even judges you appointed?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And he's like, can we get back to the question. He's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess I would tell them.
Speaker 2: What his thing is.
Speaker 4: Like, I'll just get to the part where he gets them back on track, because like, even then, it's not even an answer.
Speaker 3: That independent suburban woman voter we're vote, we're off to winning an election, and I think we're winning very well.
Speaker 7: I got a pull just recently happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's it. I said, we're off to winning an election.
Speaker 1: That's what I would say, and we're winning it very clearly. And I got a call.
Speaker 2: I won. Yo. He looks he looks like he.
Speaker 1: Looks a little off. He looks a little off.
Speaker 4: He looks like he thinks things are bad, you know, cause you never there are times you see him, like after you had COVID.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this dude looks fucking fine. I'm like, what the fuck this time?
Speaker 4: His comb overall fucked up and like windy, and he's just looking like he's getting even less sleep than usual.
Speaker 2: So you know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: And also another thing to point out, Uh, Donald, I don't want this to get lost in all the news was there's also reports too that the FBI was resisting opening a probe into Trump's orbit as it related to January sixth, And they were dragging their.
Speaker 2: Heels for over a fucking year.
Speaker 4: So he's getting a lot of help from wherever he can get it, but he's still unable to.
Speaker 1: Make it because that sort of centrist ideal of like, we we don't want to appear to have bias, so we get we got to get these Hunter Biden charges on the book before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And honestly, it's like, are you now going to advocate for stricter gun control? Like if Hunter Biden can just lie on his oppic Like, is that is there a larger issue here or is this purely just about finding negatives about the bidens.
Speaker 2: It's probably just the latter.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and do some pop culture stuff and we'll be right back. And we're back, and you may have seen sexy John Oliver picks floating around the internet. So basically this didn't really fully make sense to me on first glance. They were doing John Oliver on Reddit. I was like, how did they get those off my hard drive? But it's actually it's actually connected to the subreddit blackout that we talked about last week. So you know, a lot of moderators of some of Reddit's most popular subreddits are like protesting and blacking out and just like not open for business, they're striking, and Reddit CEO Steve Hoffman went into damage control mode and basically made things a lot worse. His ultimate goal is to take the company public. He was trying to play to potential investors by saying that these moderators are he compared them to like wealthy, old timey land barons. He is an actual like millionaire, but he was like claiming that they were acting in their own interests and.
Speaker 4: This isn't this isn't what the people want I know, and I don't want to scare off my investors. It's wild because a lot of the subredits are all the subreddits who were like continuing to black out past the initial couple of days. They were getting threatening messages from the administrators of reddit that are basically saying like open your shit, or we're going to open it and you won't be the admin, like you're not gonna You're not going to be touching this shit anymore. So that is why a lot of these subreddits pivoted to more like protest content. We're like, okay, you want, like we're one of the biggest subreddits and you think we're going to give you that that new new No, it's all John Oliver shit now. And like there's a subreddit called like well, that sucks where it's like just like instances where people like just do something and like something shitty happens, like nothing terrible, and now all they've been posting are just pictures of like vacuums, like that's all they're doing now. So everyone's engaging it in their own way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so, and they did like actual votes. They were like, okay, if you think that it's only moderators who are controlling this, they put it up for vote, like three of the biggest subreddits that were still dark Our Picks, Our Gifts, and are Awe, and the votes weren't even They were like, okay, we could return to normal or only allow images of John Oliver looking sexy and on our picks. It was like two thousand people voted to return to normal, thirty seven thousand people voted to do the John Oliver sexy picks protest thing. So the guy was completely off base and just saying exactly what he thought his investors wanted to hear. So that's why you will see pictures of John Oliver's had pasted onto Conan the Barbarian's body. The sexiest body it is. I think we all agree it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's also I just saw the Federalist just put an article out yesterday that said how Reddit radicalizes the left and encourages political violence. Wow, and it's I think, maybe, well, well I'll send it to you Jack. It's worth reading because it's so funny, like how it's written from this perspective with no self awareness around radicalizations, like how radicalization is happening. But I just want to read this one part because it is kind of funny. They're talking about the radicalization and like the free thinkers that they think they are in Reddit.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 4: A very common example of this is accusing Republicans of being Nazis, and the idea that quote when someone from the left call someone a fascist, there are more than often not seems to be one that many at Reddit takes seriously. Indeed, in addition to Republicans, here's a list of things redditors have accused of being fascist. Andrew Yang, Joe Biden, people who don't like pit bulls, Tolkien, people who don't.
Speaker 9: Like Antifa, anyone who thinks Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent, the Supreme Court Second Amendment supporter is like it goes on to these really weird examples, but it also like in the way this whole piece also sounds like a hit piece to keep read it from finding investors too, like it's out of control.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, it's toxic. You don't like, I know, you're just hearing about it, but like stay away. But it also has this thing where you can tell, like now the think tanks are really trying to figure out why kids don't like hate speech, right, you know, and they're like it's Reddit, I think, and it's radicalizing them. They're calling landlords fascist, right all right.
Speaker 1: And finally, box office report the Flash made fifty five million dollars, which is like one of those things that sounds like a lot of money, but people who pay attention to this stuff say it was like well below expectations and well below what it needed to even have a chance of making its money back. And also Pixar's new movie Elemental made twenty nine point five million dollars, which is the worst Pixar opening since the original Toy Story, which actually like if you take inflation into account, like it's earned way more than that. I did not even really noticed that this Pixar movie came out. I had to like take my kids to the movies and was just like not even didn't even like register that that was coming out this weekend. What elemental And it's like water being and fire being like gone an adventure together.
Speaker 4: I remember the image of like a flame creature and a water creature, and all I could think of was like the old world industry, skateboards, graphics, flame boy, and yeah.
Speaker 1: It seems yeah, it seems like a lot of like some of the inside out stuff, but without the like kind of the inherent organizing principle of inside out and just instead it's like there's earth and air land where water and water beings. It just felt like a lot of lore to get people on board for, and then the movie apparently isn't very good, like it's I think I think a big part of Pixar was that you always felt like they were going to deliver a certain level of quality and that has sort of fallen off and the past couple of years, and like this one is in the fifties on Metacritic, And I think it was a bigger part than they might have realized that like there was quality to these movies, right. Also they like really the fact that they're going wide in theaters with this one, but didn't with Turning Red. It just feels I mean, obviously there were pandemic related questions with Turning Red, but it still just feels like a big miscalc, big miscalc at the old Cizar Factory.
Speaker 4: Part of me is like it has a very diverse cast, Like the main characters are like people of color, And I'm like, did y'all fuck up with the marketing there?
Speaker 2: Did y'all forget to market this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, on Fox News they're like, uh, woke, this woke movie bombed because it's woke movie. Movies that don't do well are woke in Movies that do do well are like a rejection of woke culture. Right, And apparently the Flash Movie is a complete fucking mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah Yeah, I heard people groaning while walking out of the theater.
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, why did I even pretend like that was gonna be good?
Speaker 4: But hey, you gotta I guess people had to see for themselves. I wonder if I guess that's that production man. Remember we're talking about that. One person who worked on the movie was like, the movie looks so good, you're gonna forget all the terrible.
Speaker 2: Things Ezra has done.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you just completely forget what they've done, because that's how good this movie looks.
Speaker 2: Cut to like, how much did you say it made? Like thirty million or something?
Speaker 1: Fifty five fifty five? Yeah, and apparently you know jam or writer JM went and saw it and said that it's Ezra Miller and Ezra Miller, Like there's I you know, if you saw the preview, you probably picked that up. But it's a lot of them playing in scenes against themselves. So it's wait, wait why because there's time travel stuff.
Speaker 8: Shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the flash is so fast that they like break holes in the time space continuum is my best understanding.
Speaker 2: Can't do this, Yeah, I can.
Speaker 1: Only do so.
Speaker 4: I can only go so far, Hollywood, I can only go we hit peak multiverse with everything everywhere all at once. Yeah, and I can excuse into the Spider Verse because that shit bangs. Yes, but if you're coming with it lazy, come on now, it's not enough.
Speaker 2: To be like, well, we're mentioning something like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They basically took the playbook from the other Spider Man Multiverse movie, No Way Home or Far. Yeah. I think it's No Way Home where it's Tom Holland Spider Man and Toby McGuire Spider Man and all these other and so he did that with like Michael Keaton returns as Batman, but they don't like give him anything to do. He just like puts on the batsuit and says a couple of lines that like forty year olds would recognize, but there's not really any emotional arc to his appearance. And apparently also the CGI looks like shit, the industry is a mess of underpaid, overworked artists. And yeah, I don't know, I did, like that was the impression. It seemed like there were a lot of sky portals or you know, a lot of like lightning effects happening in this one.
Speaker 2: So god, that.
Speaker 4: Must be so it must be so like soul crushing as a creative, like if you get notes too, or like can you just like copy Avengers Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like, well, yeah, fine, whatever, this movie is fucking doomed anyway.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Superroducer Victor says that they just like ripped off scenes from Avengers Endgame, which, yeah, it seems like I just feel like that period of superhero films, They're like all right, they did that, you know, that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how you can honestly like that, not that they jumped the shark, but that feels like peak superhero movies. Was the Avengers Endgame shit, you know what I mean, Like at that point, like you just got to let that shit cool off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it cool all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,