Speaker 1: Second date up dated you guys, ever heard of the Rocky dating act hack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dating hack.
Speaker 1: A lot of guys use it when they're about to meet up with someone. You show up to the restaurant ten minutes early, slide into the bathroom. You get down on the floor and bust out of tight fifty push ups, so your chest gets nice and swollen.
Speaker 3: You're on the floor of the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rock does it in like a meat cloth. Yeah, you're with a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Meat close like a group workout in there, and then your tape shows up. They see you all puffed out in masculine and suddenly they're thinking, Wow, I didn't know I was on a date with secret hercules.
Speaker 4: All right, don't shake his hands, girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of our listeners emailed us saying he didn't just do push ups, he squeezed in an entire workout before his date and he's wearing me be he may have overdone it.
Speaker 2: So Jack is his name? Jack? Do you think you were too yoked for your date?
Speaker 5: He jacked up, Jeff, He's a jacked up like I'm gonna do that Rocky trick from that lawn. I think that's the way I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Can't you guys run some stairs or do something outside instead?
Speaker 2: Not if you really care about this person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't work out in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh that's mistake number one.
Speaker 3: We're going to call that all right, would you do Jim?
Speaker 5: Gross? Yes, I worked out a Jim. It was a pretty intense workout, and uh, I showered. I rushed straight over to the restaurant to meet her.
Speaker 4: I know, after a big workout, like I will shower and then I'll still be sweating for the next half hour.
Speaker 3: Is that your issue?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I sweat, definitely. I blasted the ac in my car, But once I arrived, I could tell that I was totally drained.
Speaker 2: It's just got a little tired for the day. The girl's name that you met up with yet? What's her name?
Speaker 5: Courtney?
Speaker 2: Courtney? Okay, So what was.
Speaker 4: That first interaction like then with her? If you were exhausted?
Speaker 5: Well, it was great. I mean she was great. She was really nice. She got into our conversation. She was asking me a lot of questions and it was It was good. But I felt bad because I couldn't keep up my other side because again I was just I was like a wilted piece of lettuce sitting on an old, musty burger.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that is quite the analogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you get fo.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the thing. We ended up going to this restaurant that is a great restaurant, but it's a little slow. But the good thing was is that I can always dip into my energy emergency reserves. So I always carry this thing around just in case I ever need it. And I definitely needed it. But I have a can of pre cooked shrimp.
Speaker 1: Does the caffeine pills like coffee?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it does nothing for me. I needed the protein.
Speaker 2: After you work out, you need nutrients, not just caffeine.
Speaker 3: Did you pop a tin of shrimp at the table?
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of, not exactly. I first asked our waiter if the kitchen could open the can of shrimp and keep it classy. Oh yeah, okay, and the waiter kindly said no, they can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can't bring your own food into the restaurant and have them cook.
Speaker 3: It for a year a corkage fee.
Speaker 5: Well, eventually I convinced them to bring it to me, the can opener, that is, And I said, it's kind of urgent. It's an emergency, you know, really shrimp emergency.
Speaker 3: What is your face?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Where is she at? What's her vibe when you're doing all this?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe that's why she's not called me back. But you know, the rest of the date was really awesome, and I think she was pretty cool about it, like she understood.
Speaker 3: And I just can't imagine how stinky that is.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how turned on she must have done. You down that shrimp right at the table.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe she wanted you to offer her some. Maybe that's what she's calling you back. Did you offer her an?
Speaker 5: I did? I did offer some, she politely declined, Yeah, sure, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Your cocktail sauce at home.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know it sounds bad, but I was depleted of protein. I needed it.
Speaker 4: It was like one of those things like why didn't you got your car or just any other protein, eat your ext any other I can guarantee she's not thinking, Oh, I can't wait to kiss this guy later after his canned shrimp.
Speaker 1: You were saying that after the shrimp, after you downed it, you felt better and things got back on track.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything was great. You know, we were rifting about our favorite movies and shows, and we were making each other laugh. So I really believe that the shrimp saved the date.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, saved by the shrimp.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so that's not what was wrong.
Speaker 2: That was what was right. Thank God for your emergency shrimp. How did the night end with.
Speaker 5: A hug and talk about another gate?
Speaker 3: And that's good sign.
Speaker 5: I think so too, And I'm a little shocked, like she's not getting back to me.
Speaker 4: Really well, are you going to need to down some shrimp before we make the phone call?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling okay?
Speaker 8: Jeez?
Speaker 5: Non proteined up?
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I don't appreciate the snarky attitude coming from my co host and the skepticism over there.
Speaker 4: Timing man, like you had time between the gym and the showering and the driving to have done the shrimp without it being.
Speaker 2: He's proteined up. Now you'd probably four eggs and seven clams.
Speaker 5: I recognize that it wasn't the ideal time, but I explained everything to her and why it works for me, and she understood, Oh that's good.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: After that, Well, I don't know how you're feeling right now, but if you have to blend up a little seafood smoothie for yourself.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call Courtney and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just took out an oyster thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna get romantic too. All right, we're gonna do it next. Hold on, second date update.
Speaker 1: I know whenever I need a quick protein verse stop. I turned to the sea and all of her bounty.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, I think the song is right for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's say to say. Oh listener.
Speaker 1: Jack is a seafood lover because he busted out a can of pre cooked shrimp in the middle of his first date because he was feeling depleted after an intense workout right before, and shrimp apparently is a great source of protein if you're gonna pinch Yep.
Speaker 2: Did I not say shrimp?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brooke is trying to forget this entire thing.
Speaker 3: It's like you're at a restaurant.
Speaker 4: You couldn't have waited the ten minutes more to get the appetizer.
Speaker 2: Apparently the service is too slow at the restaurant where they were at.
Speaker 1: Jack even himself admits it might have seemed a little bit odd, but the shrimp ended up saving the day for him because those little prawns got everything.
Speaker 2: Back on track. Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, him and Courtney had a great time together at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Jack, I appreciate the tip. And how would you feel if I told you?
Speaker 1: Right now we're getting a lot of text into seven eighty five, nine to two from dudes who are saying they're going to start doing the same thing on their dates.
Speaker 2: Ye, emergency shrimp stash any sea life, I mean cucumbers.
Speaker 4: It'd be good for our options of having a lot of second dates.
Speaker 5: Jack, Well, I appreciate that. That's affirmation right there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we all remember she's not calling it back, right like we all remember that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we gotta follow his instructions.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like two steps back, one step forward.
Speaker 3: Is that where we're at you for single?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm optimistic for you, Jack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we're giving you a hard time about it, but I could see it was an emergency, right.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it is. I think it's a joke.
Speaker 1: But let's just call Courtney. We'll see what she has to say. Try and get you hooked up with her one more time. Okay, all right, okay, we need to help Jack.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm down.
Speaker 1: Your number be shellfish okay, Jack, not very optimistic.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hey, we're looking for Courtney.
Speaker 6: This is Courtney.
Speaker 1: Hey, Courtney. Well, you're on a radio show right now. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning Morning.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, Courtney?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 5: Hang up?
Speaker 3: I'm here just processing.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's a lot coming at you. You never answered our question.
Speaker 6: I didn't I didn't hear it. Is this a joke?
Speaker 1: No, No, this is a segment that we do call the second Date Update. Okay, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Jack.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah remember Jack?
Speaker 3: Uh huh oh okay?
Speaker 8: Is that.
Speaker 6: So this is like you're calling me and then you want me to go on a second.
Speaker 2: Date kind of.
Speaker 1: But you know, basically, we've talked to Jack a little bit. He told us about the time that you two spent together at the restaurant. He says he's tried to reach you a few times and you're not getting back to him. So we're just trying to help give him a little bit of clarity if there was something bad that happened, if something's going on in your life.
Speaker 2: We just don't know.
Speaker 8: My life is great.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 3: Okay, way do you go, Courtney? Did you like Jack?
Speaker 6: I saw Jack was a nice guy.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a butt Courtney, Like, what's the a nice guy?
Speaker 6: But did he tell you about the shrimp?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, yeah, talk that happened that there was a can of shrimp that came out.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of questioning on our end, like about his timing.
Speaker 1: I'll say that, but from our understanding, it was like an emergency where he needed to do it or else the date was going to really tank.
Speaker 6: That's what he said, you know, And I understood that, and I think, like I said, I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Can you walk us through like the shrimp moment? Like this guy pulls out a can of shrimp that.
Speaker 6: Well, we're sitting at the table, and so then he flags down the waiter and he's like it's an emergency and his body needs protein. And I just feel like I'm on a TV show or something. I'm looking around to see if there are cameras. The waiter is as perplexed as I am.
Speaker 8: And he got the can opener finally, and Jack opens it right there. Sure, And we hadn't gotten far enough in the date for me to even tell him I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 4: Oh oh no, that doesn't help eating tiny animals right in front of you.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't know about you.
Speaker 8: No, And absolutely he's not trying to be rude or anything like that, But it was it was more that I couldn't see myself with somebody who's opening a can of shrimp at the restaurant can cauliflower.
Speaker 2: Would you have been happier?
Speaker 6: It would? It would have been less awkward.
Speaker 4: Probably, you can't see himself with a man who carries emergency shrimp in his pocket.
Speaker 2: That's not shrimp shame, that's not fair.
Speaker 6: As I was trying to see past the shrimp. He then proceeded to reach in his pocket and pull out a boiled egg.
Speaker 3: Wait, ye, hard egg too.
Speaker 2: You got shrimp and eggs, And straight.
Speaker 6: He pulled an egg out of his pocket.
Speaker 3: The eggs, he's like an addition of protein.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, for real?
Speaker 8: He was like, oh man, man, I can't believe I forgot about this, which is, Oh, I should have thought of this earlier.
Speaker 6: I'm so stupid, and the smell was just ho much for me.
Speaker 2: Well, eggs were in his mouth on the date.
Speaker 1: There might be a little egg on his face as he's listening to this, because you didn't know this, Courtney.
Speaker 2: But Jack's on the other line right now.
Speaker 6: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how this segment works.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he's in the background opening it up.
Speaker 2: Another kid, Jackie there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, hi Jack, Hey, hi Courtney. Yeah, I'm sorry that it was such an awkward start. Honestly, if there had been any other way for me to go about getting protein, I would have done that. But it was necessary.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you were technically at a restaurant where you ordered protein in pinch. But I understand Chicken, you know your payics, it's an emergency.
Speaker 2: You do whatever you have to do.
Speaker 6: And I understand that too, But I didn't think you would misunderstand me not responding. I thought it was pretty clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I had a great time on the date, and yeah, maybe that that was a weird way to start, and so I apologize for that.
Speaker 4: I will say to Jack's credit, like he's coming in pretty level headed after hearing I mean we were pretty brutal on him.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, Jack, What is the frequency?
Speaker 1: How often do you need to dive into your emergency proteins? That?
Speaker 3: I mean he's putting it in his pocket on the daily and forgetting where one here the whole time.
Speaker 5: It's called the emergency stash for a reason. It's it's a rare time that I go in there. So it really was, in my opinion, because he.
Speaker 2: Can't open your emergen.
Speaker 5: Or get a pull tab or something like that.
Speaker 4: I just imagine them like being married way down the line and she's trying to help with laundry and.
Speaker 2: Pocket pulling out.
Speaker 3: Big legs of flayout this starfish.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 5: You guys aren't helping right now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, But if anything, Courtney, you can hear that he's being such a good sport about this. He admits that it wasn't the best look for the first date.
Speaker 2: He just didn't know what else to do.
Speaker 1: So if you're willing to give him another shot, we would love to send you out on a second date at Red Lobster.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's a vegetarian. What she can to do? Just eat the.
Speaker 8: I mean, Jack, I appreciate you, and I'm glad we can like laugh about this.
Speaker 6: And honestly, I'm sorry I didn't just tell you I was offended. Now I'm realizing how important it is to me that I date somebody that is also a vegetarian. Oh what, So it kind of took this situation to the extreme, and that's that I realized, you know, what am I going to have in common with someone if our lifestyle habits don't add up?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean, look, I get it. I'm somebody who does this for my body for my health. You do that for your body and your health, and I respect that.
Speaker 2: So I really wish you guys to reconsider it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an excuse to me, Jack, Like she if she really felt that way, she probably would have told you it before the date happened.
Speaker 2: You turned her off from all meat eaters forever.
Speaker 4: It just takes you apparently, all right, Jack, Well, I'm sorry, man, but.
Speaker 1: Remember there's always plenty of other fish in the sea, shrimp and crustaceans all that you can eat.
Speaker 3: It's a bucket.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so albacore, Okay, okay, Freaking Jeffrey in the morning I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was in the minority calling her out for using an easy excuse to get out of the second date.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's an excuse. I really truly think that that was a revelation for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I think that she had an epiphany.
Speaker 1: I'm a vegetarian and I'm only going to date vegetarians.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that he made her realize that that's what she wanted.
Speaker 1: I smelt that shrimp and was like, I don't I feel like she if that was true. Like, if it's true, that's totally fine. But I feel like she would have said it at some point in her dating profile or mentioned it during her date, or even after her date, at.
Speaker 3: Something point know that it was something she needed.
Speaker 1: It up with us Until the very end of the call, she wanted to seem.
Speaker 2: Nice where we asked her out, She's like, actually, I think.
Speaker 1: At this point, I'm only going to date vegetarian. The phone with us, I'm not grossed out by him eating shrimp and egg.
Speaker 2: That's not the problem. It's that he's not a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was trying to save his feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's and maybe This is apropos for the moment, but something's fishy about what she said.
Speaker 2: Right there. She busted out like a zucchini, and.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give her a pass. Say, okay, she skirted her way out with an okay, excuse.
Speaker 4: I think she's literally on a vegetarian dating app as we speak.
Speaker 1: I think she's gonna go out to a steakhouse with Ramsey on her next day.
Speaker 3: She's looking for tofu boys.
Speaker 2: What she's looking for, Well.
Speaker 1: Whatever type of man or boy you're looking for, we'll try and hook you up with them.
Speaker 2: Just email the show. We'll call that person.
Speaker 7: Wasn't calling you, man freaking Jeffrey in the morning,