Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm the Rick Budgets Show with speaking Grig Butchers had Evan Adler and Rick Boches.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 4: America? Are you ready to go? America? Here we go? Are you ready for showing?
Speaker 5: Text?
Speaker 4: Nation is ready? The number eight eight eight, the number six, Big Fox. Let's go have the box seats today. They'll be coming in wide open another burgess ball battle today.
Speaker 3: We have that for.
Speaker 5: You, America.
Speaker 4: Let's gone the stories of the day. Ready to go. Somebody celebrating an anniversary today on the team. Yeah, sure, that big one joke. I see you America. All I'm see Louisville, Kentucky. I see Mercedes Bens, and I see usc Tallis Alabama and Arts. I even see chick Amanca.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Maca's ready? Fife is in the house. Uh So, pardon that I got distracted. Didn't see all y'all coming in there. All right? So uh speedy, Greg and Adler as you heard all here for another day. Of course, a lot of hay Roberts up there. Hey web it uh so I mentioned, uh and we will we will recap a little bit from from yesterday. We got our guests, as I mentioned, uh, and a big day for Calvin Speedy Wilburn. It's a big one. A yeah, but he's got a big one today. He's uh twenty fifth anniversary, yeah for he and two Terry Wilburn. Yeah, right there. On the work day, ye got a lot of stuff going on, not happening, God, lot going on. You know. You get to twenty five though, and you're like, hey, are you just are you just gonna punt to the weekend?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know that it's gonna be tough this weekend with the stallions and everything else going on. You can't really, you can't break away really.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: And so but we're good, I mean, luckily she is. She is when it comes to stuff like this. I mean, I know, I know, it's like, okay, everybody says, but we don't have to go anywhere do anything special to enjoy the day with each other.
Speaker 4: But we will try it.
Speaker 8: We'll definitely do something tonight and then and then piece it together as we go along and then maybe just delay something a month or two until we can have a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll we'll revisit. We'll revisit today because.
Speaker 5: Pictures.
Speaker 4: He's laughing at Fitty's old picture at a little awkward today. You didn't wear your staff shirt.
Speaker 5: Why are y'all wearing all the three wearing the staff shirt?
Speaker 4: We clearly sent that in a text. You didn't see. We're taking we're taking, we're taking promo pictures.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 9: Did you?
Speaker 4: Did you not get that? No? Are you sure? Look at the look at the vox group text.
Speaker 5: What time?
Speaker 3: What time.
Speaker 4: O'clock? Eleven o'clock?
Speaker 5: All three in yours? And I'm sitting here like, did I miss something?
Speaker 4: You'll look a little you'll look a little off in the picture today. That's all right, you're good. It'll look like, well, look here, the team's had a fan of the show with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They Oh they're doing that inner city bitterstry.
Speaker 5: Well there's their their goth son.
Speaker 4: Look at them helping this homeless man. How nice giving him some shelter. God, that's good. No, this was total coincidence. We're messing with you.
Speaker 5: Are you serious? Coincidence?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: All three?
Speaker 4: Well, because I was. You know how sometimes you have to be careful, you know, if your if your wife handles the laundry, you have to be so careful. You better not ever bring you up hey, where's my where's my so and so? Shirt? Boy? It'll set them off. Oh yeah, you know. Well, let me tell you something. Well, what happened was.
Speaker 5: Back when I do my own laundry.
Speaker 4: Now, when we did the well, I mean, I did the classic husband where I messed up the laundry one time, so I'm out. But which, by the way, young husbands do that early on. Yes, okay, but I was when we did the show on location at the Celebrity pro am. I was gonna wear the staff shirt I have on today. And this is the one, by the way, that's available in the store if you want one. We saw some of those out at the tournament. They look good on you out there. And this is the one Gary has Hey shirt and it has the RBS logo with the microphone and what would you say? This is a gray shirt because I knew it was gonna be warm that day. This is the one I wanted to wear. I couldn't. I couldn't find it, and I wasn't about to say where's my where's my gray shirt? You know? So I actually thought, well, I today, we have guests coming in and I'm gonna go wear that shirt. And I found it hanging in the laundry room. It had not made it to the closet, which I would not bring up, and so I just swore it. And I walk in and baby brothers got his own, and then Speedy comes in and he's got his own. Yeah, yeah, it really is.
Speaker 5: Y'all should buy a lottery ticket today.
Speaker 11: Well, and then gambles, y'allso gamble a bunch today.
Speaker 4: I love this. What does RBS stand for?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 4: That's funny. My wife said, there's never been a more appropriate logo for you. And a new show it has BS in it. Yeah. Yeah, Rick Burges's show is what that stands for. I hope you're not being.
Speaker 5: Serious, right, it's funny.
Speaker 8: Well, you know I had I had trouble finding mine because JC is back home for a period of time. He's finished school and started his job and it's in Birmingham where we live, and so he's back at home right now. Started yesterday, first day and it's he's he's taking everything and they all my boys have Like the other day, Tyler was wearing a belt. He's like, man, I need a new belt. I've had this one forever I said, you took it from me. That's my belt, of course, you know. And everything y'all are wearing is mine. And yesterday I couldn't find I was wanting to wear this and I couldn't find it.
Speaker 4: And I was like, Terry, what happened to him? Have you seen it? And I said, I know what to do. I'm going upstairs.
Speaker 8: I go upstairs and j C's up there, so hey, son, I said, have you seen the.
Speaker 4: Staff shirt, the gray one?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wore it and and Mom cleaned it, and I guess it's back in my clothes and it's in there.
Speaker 4: I said, you take you, I said, you take everything?
Speaker 13: He had your staff And I said, and this white tideless hat, that's my hat.
Speaker 4: That that's my hat. Did did Tyler give you that? No, sir, I said, that's my hat. You've taken. That's my golf belt.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: They take? They just take, they take my stuff. I can't find anything. If only they give every now and then yes, I go.
Speaker 8: I go to college, you know, and we're getting some some blonde you're ready for the whole baskets my stuff.
Speaker 4: I know. I'm like, well, this is this is where my shirt is. You know, I thought that wouldn't be an issue for me because I you know, I had a big run and I tend to be a little large. Yeah, and have been super super large, and and still like my kids like to wear things that are that are big on them. They don't even care is that popular or something. So shorts shorts that we don't share.
Speaker 8: Obviously they're a lot bigger than me, and so we don't go shorts, and we don't go shoes everything else.
Speaker 4: So everything else is it?
Speaker 14: Hat?
Speaker 4: Ain't got a chance? The hat ain't no hat.
Speaker 8: Golf clubs, Hey, where's my iron? Where's my pitching wage? Who's got my who's got that?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 4: They'll grab it? Did you take my prevy? Once? I had a whole box out there? Adler also greg pointed out that if these shirts that we're wearing right now just simply didn't have a logo on them, this would be a disaster. We'd all be like, oh, we all wore the same shirts. Yeah, But as long as it has a logo on it, it's like it's officials. It's like wearing a jersey. We can like and we're all on the same team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, guys, do look like a pit crew. Yeah, it's speedy. As far as the son's taking your stuff. You guys seen this picture where it's like the son and the father are standing at each other and like the father's taking pieces of himself.
Speaker 5: And giving it to his son. That's what you're doing. But it's your clothes. You're taking all your stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is Ezra're wearing your shirt yet? Just well, eating at is that was just mo meat.
Speaker 11: The very first I woke up on Saturday morning, the very first words out of his mouth was wet wed.
Speaker 5: Oh he loves is he he loves wet and it's his r's or ws. Right now, I'm ancusing every I'm gonna have to correct that before.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it. Now we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all right.
Speaker 4: So I love when I get the opportunity to talk about the latest movie coming out from Angel Studios. Man, they are cranking out some great movies. I mean, you know this, we all struggle with it. I can't find a movie that my family and I can go and watch, just they're just so hard to find. And then if somebody tells you it's a faith based movie, let's be honest, sometimes they're not very good. Uh but let me tell you, Angel Studios cranking out some great movies right now. The Last Rodeo is brand new and it's coming out this weekend. Go ahead and get your tickets at Angel dot com slash Rick.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: This is the same you know production company that brought you Sound of Freedom, The King of King's Homestead, to name a few action packed The story is a retired rodeo legend who says, hey, I'm strapping it on for one last ride, risking all because he needs to do something to save his grandson. You'll understand that when you watch it, he will be the oldest rider to ever enter the arena. Old man, Strong baby. It's about healing broken bonds, facing your past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people you love. You're gonna love. This one might even cause Greg to misst uff a little bit, So go right now to Angel dot com slash rick to get your tickets. The theaters they're filling up the Last Rodeo. It opens Friday, Angel dot com slash Rick.
Speaker 1: Only in America, because these four men do this for a living God bless America. This is the Rick Bridgers.
Speaker 4: You're back fired up. Am I ready to go? Am? I got that chin strap buckle, say put me in, put me in, I'll make a player. That's the attitude here at the Old Rick Bergers Show, the hardest working team in radio and streaming and what all these things we do. Speaking of that, there's a lot. There's so much, and I hope you're enjoying all of it. So remember that episode two of Strange Encounters, the new podcast would Blaze TV is out if you haven't picked that up. Also, we have a yesterday's program if you missed any of that. That archive is available on the YouTube channel and the podcast channel as it is every day coming up this weekend, Adler I confirmed again yesterday, I just went straight to your This co producer actually produces the Tales from the Camp House, young Broderick Burgess, And I said, son, his birthday is Friday. I said, let's not have a bad birthday weekend. Is this episode going to be available to the audience on the YouTube channel Memorial Day weekend? And he said yes, absolutely, So it's episode three of Tales from the Camp House is coming this weekend to our YouTube channel. It is the Burgess bast battle Adaer was the first one to remind all of us, and now you freaked this all out. None of us can remember what we said or did. No recollection. Yeah, so we'll watch it with you. I bet, I bet we'll enjoy it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you haven't seen it, it's new to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it'll be new to us as well. So enjoy that. Coming up this weekend on the YouTube channel as we go into the long weekend, and then on Monday, we'll all be off work, but you'll have each hour will be from an old show. And then on Friday, we will also celebrate the first one hundred days of the Rick Burgess Show. You know you do the one hundred days of a presidency. Yeah, the one hundred days. Can you believe that we have done twenty weeks of the show? Wow? Make sure we want to wear Imagine shirts? Well we are, We're already doing now kind of make to wear Imagine shirts celebrate. Yeah. We also will some things that are still to come. We'll review the twenty five years of Speedy and Terry we don't have yes, well, no, I want to go back to how y'all met and all that. We must do that today because it's it's a hilarious story. And you asked a question of your wife looking back over the old pictures. It's a question that we've all asked our wives, and I'd be anxious to hear what her answer was you So we have that coming up. Also, we will review the SEC Channel. Thank you to the SEC Channel and to the Paul fine Baum Show for being kind enough to give the invitation for me to be on with Paul Finebaum yesterday afternoon to talk about the book Men Don't Run in the Rain, and Paul and I had a great time, speedy. Thank you for being there making sure that it all ran smoothly and working with the ESPN team and we had a blast. Yeah, we really did.
Speaker 8: And everybody there is there's such a pleasure to be around, you know, a region's tradition.
Speaker 4: They kind of came in behind us.
Speaker 8: They used the same area to set up for Paul's show, and they're also kind and then the same thing on set here. Everybody was so nice. I was able to sit back and adler they had some microphone issues, which they did, and to see behind the scenes everybody frantically running around and the show's continuing and They're all like little little ants, just running all over the place trying to figure out where the problem was coming from.
Speaker 4: Uh, I was I.
Speaker 8: Didn't enjoy that, but I just seeing them in action, I was like, oh boy, they got handles, you know that feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it was watching because we all do deal with this kind of stuff. Like it was funny. I walk up and and and Paul's like, but, Bunny, chance, do you have a copy of the book. And I'm like, yeah, I brought you one, and there's there's just an extra Apparently we've lost the graphics that that you're publisher. Since I'm like, well, we've been there before, yeah, you know, and and so and I think they eventually found them. But yeah, but but so we we had that in there.
Speaker 8: So they were working through it through the mic issues, and then they went to break. And when they went to break is when I rolled the video. Uh, and and at the counter and I was like, Rick, what's going on? And and then you said that you said he was having mike trouble and that you were going to kind of take over.
Speaker 4: This is all this is on my Instagram story. Here's this part room. So they're having a little problem with Paul's mike. It looks like I may have to host the show. So Paul's handed off to me. I got it, okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so here's here's everybody just running around. That guy was in a big handle. He was in charge of the batteries.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: And then uh and then there's the home of the SEC Baseball Tournament that was at the Hoover met Is where they were on location.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, today in the Vox seats, we have people that are here because they're here for the SEC Baseball Tournament. Yeah, they really did a good job of booking, booking seats while they're coming. Good that great, Bravo.
Speaker 8: Were you surprised, and you probably weren't because we're in SEC Nation. Were you surprised that the tents were already going up?
Speaker 4: You aren't?
Speaker 8: Okay, you know, this is the first year where all sixteen teams you know make it uh, and it's statement. Well, they they've just changed it up and they've gone to single elimination and then the top four get a double by and all this. So they've just changed the format. But because there's all sixteen coming and they've all been seated and stuff, but because all sixteen are coming, then now you've got the crowd and and the fans are coming from all the teams, and uh, you know there's some that always travel well, you know, and and but it was interesting to see you saw about every tent and every school represented yesterday getting ready. There's four sessions today starting today, which means four games.
Speaker 4: I saw Tennessee's buses. Oh yeah, they're all here. Oh yeah, and yeah. And it was good because that that gave us an opportunity because Paul was not doing the show from Charlotte, so we worked out we were able to go over and hang out in person. It was and we did a lot of reminiscing, and Paul has been so gracious about this book and and all that it was. I mean, it's been we'll talk about it later. And it's funny something happened in the interviews yesterday that all of us were like, wow, that was so And I noticed too on the way home, Paul had a similar situation like we did, you know we we yesterday we were talking about morning the death, the death of one of our tubers who died their earthly death, Mama Jay. As she went by on the chat room and all of that, and and then all of a sudden, I one of Paul's regular callers, Yeah, died and they'd found out during the show yesterday. I heard that on the way home. Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I got home, Terry had the SEC network blaring through the house because she watched the interview and that's what she said. She said, heybody's gotten kind of emotional. I was like, wow, so Rick, did that good? She said, no, No, there's been a someone's passed away.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 4: I thought the same thing. I got in the car and I thought, wow, we really got everybody's quall right, and they really contemplated life. It really brought it. And then I thought, because based on how the interview ended, you thought that might be possible to you. Yes, yes, which we'll we'll talk about that a little later.
Speaker 8: But the good seeing Pat Smith old buddy, Yes, and somebody has a long history with Paul. He was, he was on set. I think he was on before you. He gave a little more night inspect Yeah. Yeah, it was great seeing him. Well, you know, anybody, we've all been in the industry so long, there's just that common respective Oh bye, we've been we've all been doing this a long time, long time, and he's still churning along, no doubt.
Speaker 4: And so it was good seeing it. And one of the things when you're when you get the opportunity to do something like that, that's like on when of ESPN's channels, and of course there's tons of people that follow the sec everywhere. Uh. It was interesting when you get into your truck, how boo boo, boop boom, all these techs start coming, and some of them are hilarious, Like one one guy that we we were in the lacrosse world together doing all the travel across and he texts me and he goes, Okay, I'm I'm in South Carolina, I'm at Dave and Busters, and you're on the screen. What I looked up? What's going on? I look up and you were on the screen. What are y'all talking about? So I tell you about all right, we'll be back, uh and we'll unpack that a little more. And then some of you that may have seen it or heard it yesterday, we can get your feedback too. So but everything with this book continues to really be kind of wonderfully overwhelming. We'll be back. Bottom of the hour. More of the Rick Burgess show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, The Man who Loves for a national holiday in honor of whoever the person was who invaded air conditioning.
Speaker 4: Rick Burgess, what about in America? Hanging out again today? And we're glad that you are here. Uh, we got a lot to cover. Do you have a you got a home you need to sell? And some of you said, what do you I mean, you know, any home? But what I'm what I'm really talking about is you know, maybe you inherited, you know, mama's house. You know, maybe you your family has some land that's been in the family for years. You've inherited that, and there's there's kind of a rat old farmhouse on there. Uh, you know, just just you need there's a house you need to move. And you're like, wow, I don't want you just have a house? Are just straight rundown house? Now? Well, but you know, sell my sell my house fast. You know? Is this company that get out they specialize and hey, we need to move this move it. I need to relocate that. No a job was going to move me. That's another good one. Uh. They will take care of any repairs on the home that need to be done. They'll move anything out of it that needs to be moved out. They handle everything. No real estate agent gets involved, so you're saving the commission there. Go ahead to go to Google and look for sell my house fast, five stars everywhere that these are good people, that they're transparent, they work out a deal that's fair, and they get this off your plate. If you want to find out about them, call one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four. You'll also find all the information about them going to Rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors and and let's get that house handled. Okay, a couple of things. First of all, Shador Sanders he has h he's got his contract. He's done. Oh boy, looks like Sherdur. At one time people saying the number two pick in the draft. Some went nuts like mel Kuiper and thought he should go. Oh man, I thought he was going to have a breakdown. He almost sudered in his pants. All right, ay, birds, birch base yourself. Now come on by this earlier Rick, We're still base yourself. Please let it click. It got an active week on another long day to day birge h but loving it. Okay, So he was the one hundred and forty fourth pick. It looks like that he will settle with the Browns, and I hope he does well. Uh at four point six million for four years, so he took a cut from what he was making. So now he made something. He makes less for the Browns than he did for the Colorado Buffaloes. But that's okay, that's all right about a middle year over a middle year. Yeah, I think he'll be all right. He's gonna be i'd be nice little check soon and well, but wow, that that quarterback room, how do you it's a lot there? What do you predict there? Tough? Yeah, I don't think we'll see Shudor Sanders stay with the Browns. He's gonna end up somewhere else. Well, at least he can. Browns took him as kind of a little something they can work with. Of course, I'm gonna try to comments. They took a lot of them. And I don't even know the kid's name from Oregon, the quarterback, Yeah, yeah, and it was I don't know. He's good though, but so he gets to compete with him head to head. Go Hey, they took you before me, way before me. But we're both rookies. We're both qbs, you know, from big programs. Yeah, so he gets to compete. Flaco still there. Flacco is still there, just in case, just in case, he's hanging on. He's an old, old veteran. They can old veteran now DeShawn Watson, they're no longer involved with DeShawn Watson says he is not there, but he is going to continue to stay with the massages therapist until he's done. Absolutely gonna work out, but I'm not going to go into it. Worst deal, you're going worst delivering. I will not ever understand how he got the contract he got. Yeah, Dylan Gabriel dealing Gabriel. That's right. I like when I talk about people but I don't know their name.
Speaker 11: Veterans Joe Flacco, like you guys said, And Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 4: Can't pick it. He's from pitt and the Steelers took in the first round and he's pretty much been not lived up to the hype. Can you Pickett? He was the one that faked the slide, you remember, Okay, that's all I went in his college days. He faked the slide. That's rather have to change the rulers about young Kenny Pickett. Yeah, didn't pan out. He's kind of kicking around the league, trying to land somewhere. Raise your hand. Not a bad player, Raise your hand. Shifting another part of entertainment. Raise your hand. If Denzel Washington, if he's in something, you'll give it a shot. Yes, absolutely, every hands up. I'll love Denzel Washington. I wish that Denzel Washington and our meeting for lunch today and I was going to get to talk to Denzel Washington for about two hours. That great, that would be really cool. I wish Denzel Washington knew who I was and he liked me. Seen Gladiator too yet, But I'm easy on that I have how about Gladiator too? Has no hope without him? He makes it, he makes it, but he makes it worth it. I don't buy the guy Gladiator.
Speaker 8: I don't like his character though, but he makes it. No, he's not a great guy. I don't like him playing. He's just playing, but at he's not.
Speaker 4: He was there. Horrible choice, horrible choice for the Gladiator in my opinion. Okay, I don't buy him as the Gladiator. We talked about that let's not get on that. Okay, let's move on. Does a surprise you that, Denzel Washington, this is the headline, erupts after a photographer appears to grab him. Ut is it Can's that? We says it can? Cons The movie thing is that the cans fecial, the cous just can.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you said the s I could get wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, you're dropping the sin. I think we're all. You're the first person I've ever heard dropped the ass because there is.
Speaker 5: An right right, it's just can can can?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I think the debates cons of cans. Denzel had a heated encounter with the photographer at the festival's red carpet. According to a video obtained by Fox News Digital finger Point. As an adult, you're telling me they put their hands on it. Yes, yeah, you don't do that. You do not do that. And to me, Denzel seems like a pretty laid back guy. Why is spoke Lee looking at him? He's just trying to.
Speaker 11: Hang with his buddy, Spike Lee. And then this photographer gets all weird with him, awkward. There is no audio, it's very far away. I think that's asap Rocky by the way, and here he is talking to the guy right.
Speaker 3: Here in the wall. Score.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not even over.
Speaker 4: That's not again, he's gonna walk away. Look he's still grabbing him.
Speaker 5: Stop it, stop it.
Speaker 4: He grabbed it more aggressive the second time.
Speaker 8: The first time, well, he the photographer, to y'all's point, so he's looking at Spike Lee and the photographer grabs his right arm and kind of to pull him around, so, hey, look at us so we can get a picture.
Speaker 4: And he's like, hey, whoa, that's that's hey, don't don't be putting you. There's no need to put your hands. And and the guy was laughing thinking second one.
Speaker 8: The guy was laughing, thinking, oh this is gonna he is funny, and all of a sudden he realized, oh, the second one is.
Speaker 5: More aggressive much. Yeah, it's worse looking good.
Speaker 11: And so that's him right here at the beginning speed he right there on the arm, Yes, on his jacket.
Speaker 4: That wasn't.
Speaker 11: He pinched the fabric, No, you don't. Denzel did not like that. So now finger pointing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now now people are trying to figure out he's laughing.
Speaker 5: He's laughing, but it's awkward. No, he's still laughing.
Speaker 4: But now he's now this one. I don't understand heed his arm.
Speaker 5: It's like they're they're wide receiver in a safety there.
Speaker 8: There's got a fight. There's got to be a history there. There's gotta be that guy has guy grab him. I'll give him the first one. It wouldn't very much. I mean, I understand I'd be a little mad about it, but not that mad because all the first one would have been the fingerpointing. Denzel didn't like it. You pulled on a fabric. Basically, he was saying, I'm in a conversation and rupt me. I'll give you the picture. Calm down. But that's second ground. Can any of y'all explained the second ground?
Speaker 4: He didn't think that even the whole time, because he's laughing that he was just kidding.
Speaker 8: And I think, so I had to have I don't know, but like I'm saying, there has to I don't think that's the first time they've met you. Well, no, I mean, I'm just saying that this guy felt like I think they were closer than they were because he kept reaching out to him. Yeah, almost like hey, I know you turn around and he's like stop, But I don't know. I hadn't got a clue. It just seems that way. See, look, guy's laughing.
Speaker 5: The guy's still laughing and goes pull.
Speaker 4: That's crazy somebody with no cold fact.
Speaker 5: No comments stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, are y'all a little bothered that security is not helping? Yes, because they're there. Don't you think they should have gotten involved?
Speaker 1: Real quicker?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. I think the photographers will overdressed today. They were all that way. Yeah, yeah, sure, black tie.
Speaker 5: People are are respecting his spike.
Speaker 4: Look like, I'm not sure what people.
Speaker 11: Are respecting Denzel's arms sweep there. They're saying, very nice, the elbow deflection, the forearm control, a clean wrist redirect, well done, and they're like slowing it down and everything. Well, y'all, that's some serious hand fighting with with Denzel Washington on the red carpet.
Speaker 4: We could a blockout angelies.
Speaker 5: Yes, why how.
Speaker 4: Does that guy grab it?
Speaker 5: What a crazy dude?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 4: Why? I don't know why?
Speaker 5: I have Greg, that's a goods I have.
Speaker 11: I have a little bit of experience of laughing when you shouldn't laugh because you're having a panic attack. What one time during an internship, I was interning for a radio show, a large radio show. Two fat duos hosted this radio show during my internship.
Speaker 5: I was still in college.
Speaker 4: I love that show.
Speaker 5: And one day I was late.
Speaker 11: I was late one one time one day and I actually got a talking to on the air.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah from the main host.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that guy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And he gave me told me what I needed to hear, that that can't happen again. There's there's two lists, you know, shouldn't happen. It can't happen. That's on the can't happen list. And I was on the inside having a panic attack, but on the outside I was laughing at the words that were being said to me. In fact, Luke, my brother, talked to me later. He was like, dude, Rick sounded like he was serious, and I was like he was serious. I was having a panic attack, That's why I was laughing. So that's so maybe that photographer was having a panic attack, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so maybe that's what was happening. Never know, that's so good. God, I'm about to give Speedy second embarrassment to the highest level. No picture, picture picture, you know, my yeah, my desire. But look he's getting a sac of my desire, my desire to finally get to meet Denzel, and what if that was my shot and Denzel I grabbed him by his jacket and I got that.
Speaker 8: And you thought you thought we were behind You tried and we were gone.
Speaker 4: I didn't go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you're on t m Z handfighting with Denzel Washington.
Speaker 8: That guy thought he was born fort than he was and he thought that he could get Denzel to look over at it.
Speaker 4: Denzel knew him, and then he started getting embarrassed.
Speaker 15: Rick and.
Speaker 8: All of his colleagues to the left and right of him, and so he was trying to cover just couldn't.
Speaker 4: You've never been late again? Good job, Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Bird just show.
Speaker 4: Okay, So is your home just get real? Okay? Does your home have this reputation? Your home is the place where plants and trees go to die? Is that the rep for your home? Well that could change right now with help from our friends that we partner with at Fast Growing Trees dot Com. Fast Growing Trees dot Com. There's all kinds of reasons to use them, but one that really stands out is I don't know about you, but before we discovered them, we were throwing a lot of money down the toilet on plants and trees that we were purchasing that just would die. The reason why we didn't take our climate into account. We didn't take our soil into account. We didn't know about shade and light and all that. You can't really get all that information when people are standing in line, you know, at some box store, at the nursery, loading stuff into your vehicle, knocking dirt everywhere. Well, Fast Growing Trees dot Com over two million happy customers. They send the plants in the trees directly to you, so you don't have to go pick them up. And then they are experts and they're available to you with their expertise to make sure you're ordering the right plants, the right flowers, the right trees for your situation. And they're available to you throughout the process at any time. So it's the best of all worlds, and now's the time to be planting. And how about we get you an additional fifteen percent off because right now they've got things available up to half off on select plants and some other deals. But because you're part of our group, you're going to get an additional fifteen percent off at fast Growing Trees dot com using the code Rick at checkout. This is a game changer Fast Growing trees dot com. The code is Rick Perfect Time to Save, Perfect Time to Plant. Offers valid for a limited time. Terms and additions may apply.
Speaker 1: Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 4: Now you can use that link also at Rick, Burgess Show dot com and Burgessministries dot com all had the same link. Look for the red hyperlink that says click here for sign copy. As far as the book, you know it's going to be out there if you've got time. But if you're wanting a sign copy by Father's Day, now there's a little more urgency there. You need to move and get those done because so we want to be sure that we get them to you in plenty of time. All right, So a couple of other stories today. We had this yesterday but we didn't get to it. But the footage, for those of you that are watching on YouTube, is really something. They're now saying it's so massive of a jail break in New Orleans that it's impossible that it could have happened with out involvement from the staff. They believe some of the guards or somebody somebody in there's in on this. There's no way you could have had this. A former FBI agent who spent ten years hunting fugitives, says employees of the Orleans Parish Jail Orleans, Orleans, how you say it, almost certainly knew and assisted in the massive ten person escape on Friday. And if you haven't seen this footage, I mean they're just they're just all rolling out. And how about they're going, how about they are? How about you live in New Orleans and you already got you know, some crime issues and now you're your local jail just lost ten fugitives and they're running around New Orleans. Wow.
Speaker 8: So about the ones in Orange, that's tough. The other one some of them didn't have it on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I'm glad they were white today.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, so I wonder if you're if you're if you're on the take, what do you get out of it? So, how did they get you money or whatever? What what could have possibly been? Yeah, you know, because you've seen the things in the past when you know, sometimes we got a lady in charge and suddenly suddenly friendly, Henry starts making promises about their future romance. The elaction takes place, and before you know it, I've let my boyfriend out.
Speaker 5: But all that was such a saga. My goodness, remember.
Speaker 4: That lay up. They made a movie about it. You're talking about that, Yeah, you're talking about It's so bad that she's pictured in this story again at the bottom of the page. Can you believe that?
Speaker 5: Did y'all see the toilet that they dug out behind?
Speaker 4: No, here you go. This is how they got out. That's how they got out. Right there.
Speaker 11: They busted this toilet off the wall, and evidently there's more. There's supposed to be more rebar right here, and there wasn't, and they got through and they squeezed buddy, when you're no way, no.
Speaker 4: This is it for real? Okay, it must be bigger than it looks like.
Speaker 5: Even wrote too easy l O l we innocent.
Speaker 4: And good grammar.
Speaker 5: Wow, look at that room went right through the dumper.
Speaker 8: Someone sent us a message I guess that used to be in this area. It says it's always the guards that screw things up in jails, always underpaid, corrupt, it's the jail environment that breeds contempt, family members pay guards off, and girlfriends of the inmates and so forth. They run the in between, he said. He said that's not all guards, of course, but in the history that they always goes back to some that are corrupt, and it says that environment just breeds it well.
Speaker 4: New Orleans has always had a reputation of the law enforcement being a little yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it could be that this story is there's something different, and you know, it comes out that there's another story behind it.
Speaker 4: But on average that's the case.
Speaker 5: I think this I'm sorry, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead from text Nation. They also said sometimes they can be blackmailed that they have something on the guard ex and they get something on the inside we know about what you did, or are somebody's gonna get you if you don't let us out that.
Speaker 11: I think this poster is accurate. Uh, six are still out there. Four have been captured. Okay, So then I've got the press conference in which the law enforcement announced it and what their what their plans were, and what they were doing to uh to stop it's glasses Good afternoon.
Speaker 12: All major step received the Crime Victims Unit for the Ornings Fire Sheriff's Office. Once I was notified about the escapees. I immediately gathered a team of experienced staff and we started calling victims and survivors just to make sure that they are aware of what was going on and that they are safe.
Speaker 4: Do you think on such an impass says that we got in charge of the Halloween costume? Yes, he's got Yeah. Don't you think the person who's going to go out and do the press conference after the jail break, was there anybody in her life that says, I know about those glasses, it's gonna your credibility. The lens are baseball diamonds accent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she like dressing up. Is the green lantern? Like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Superheroes here to save the day? Come back?
Speaker 8: You know, some of the inmates might have some things going for him where they can just kind of blend in with society. But the one that has the tattoo across his face and his nose, that's gonna be that's gonna be tough because he's gonna be easily identified to blend in.
Speaker 4: I think he has not been captured yet.
Speaker 8: And with that guy there, uh, under both eyes and right in the middle of his eyebrows, they got all taed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a tough one. Yeah, I'm sorry. Yeah, an one that you know, looking back, maybe those those those very original markings on your face probably not a great idea when you're trying to blend in to Speedy's point. So so anyway, they've got four of them already sick, still on the run. But I mean, what are the odds.
Speaker 11: I did think that was smarter them to call, you know, to call them, you know, if they're especially their local.
Speaker 5: Hey, this guy that robbed you or whatever, he's out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Some might just want to get out of town and hide, and some might want revenge. Green Glasses, let me tell you what you would you want revenge if you're innocent because you're such an upstanding system. And it said, well be innocent. They left that message.
Speaker 5: It was wee innocent.
Speaker 4: And too easy anybody show to go back. Look was innocent spelled?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: I think it was. Oh. I had to edit that because there was some Okay, anybody think all ten or innocent? I'm going to get out and the limb here and say, probably not. Is there one in there? Maybe maybe one that sometimes people are in jail that are innocent.
Speaker 5: Spelled innocent correctly. It looks like they spelled two and too easy incorrectly. That would be too easy stead of two.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, that's that's a tough one. We all mess up.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, there's some other things they did.
Speaker 4: That's fine, So they took time to do all that. Hey, I need to get on out this hole here we're scaping from. I ain't got time to be drawing. While you crawl out, I'm gonna say some things, you know what, because we in it? What what if we looked up? What if we looked at the also for some reasons, but right underneath it, Hey, Robert, Robert, all that.
Speaker 5: Ring, that steel toilet, metal beds?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Oh my, go top of the hour More than Rick Burgess Show right after this, this is.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Show. All right, here we go, speedy Greg Adler, all here for a new hour.
Speaker 5: You read moasting from the real world.
Speaker 4: Coming to you from the real world, another hour of the Rick Burgess Show. Go to rickburgershow dot com for all the info about the show. Pick up a little Rick Burgess Show swag there in the store. Also, you can find all the different ways to get the show live and archives. Our number to participate today eight eight eight the number six Big vox are eight eight eight six two four four eight six'. Nine you can text or you can call. Us we'll get to some unscreen phone calls before we're. Done got A Hey, Bird Hey burds coming, Up Burgess ball battle coming. Up but right now we must say happy anniversary twenty five Years yeah To speedy And. Terry how about? That twenty five years, Today speedy looking, back looking, back looking back. Back so You i'm just gonna walk through this AND i will be very, respectful, okay, really, Well i'm going to because people may not remember. This there's a lot of people may be new join joined either the old The rick And bubba, show which or they may have joined this show with no background on you And terry at. All, yeah it's. Possible, okay Before, terry you had a bit of a. Reputation, well H will being a little bit of a. Player, no you, DO i said, BEFORE i, said BEFORE i do. This, Well i'm trying to set this. Up i'm trying to set this up and help you if you'll just really, Yeah i'm just here to. Help is so so much so there became then there was a. Reputation adler not trying to drag you into, this but you experienced it a little bit during your internship and early days of working for The rick And Bubba. Show That bubba AND i had a bit of a reputation of destroying people's, relationships where relationships came to, die And i'm not to break somebody up my. SECOND i don't know that that was there was any evidence that that was a true, narrative but it.
Speaker 7: Was it was the.
Speaker 4: Narrative so you made the decision to try to hide this relationship from, us thinking we would ruin it as long AS i, could and so we when we allowed y'all to meet, her that's. Wise, Yeah and then we started thinking that she didn't really, exist that you were trying to throw us off the trail, completely and that we would just not know anything about your personal life when it came to dating and getting trying to find a. Wife, right didn't that sound? Better? Yea and it left the play a part at, Right and so we started and it has nothing to do with, This we started referring to. Her we remember The Brady bunch episode wh and was It jan then invented the fake. Boyfriend, yes and what was his? Name greg Something? Glass, Yees so we Stark Little Something. GLASS i remember us Knowing glass because we begin to Call Terry Jane. Glass. Yep we didn't think she was, real that she didn't. Exist well she, did and now you've been married to her for twenty five years and y'all have three great, sons all adults. Now but but you were asking some questions as we review the, pictures And i've been down the same, road SO i, understand, yeah Asked.
Speaker 8: Terry i'm, like you, know looking, BACK i, mean there's more than physical. Beauty obviously you have, that but you KNOW i fell in love with you for many reasons and that's those are. Obvious, sure but looking, back how in the world DID i pull it?
Speaker 4: Off you?
Speaker 11: Know and.
Speaker 4: She just kind of looked at me AND i don't. Know AM i supposed to know?
Speaker 16: That you?
Speaker 17: Know?
Speaker 8: Uh AND i was, like, well, honey, uh, yes you probably should and probably should know why she went, on how you agreed to continue to date me all the way through an engagement in a, marriage you should.
Speaker 4: Probably know why you were Over how DID i pull it?
Speaker 8: Off because looking back at pictures from when we, started there's obvious reasons as to, why you, know WHY i fell in love with you if you just were looking at.
Speaker 4: Pictures but if, well if you look at the picture this, week you would thank.
Speaker 14: You.
Speaker 4: Ray But i'm just saying when it, started even even when you were, younger there was still, yeah, yeah just just how did that? Happen George? Glass you Know George glass was her boyfriend's. Name, Yeah jane's old. Name and then going back to your, Dad i'm, like did you feel sorry for?
Speaker 16: Me you?
Speaker 4: Know was there was there something? There and she of course, giggled BUT.
Speaker 3: I KNOW.
Speaker 4: I couldn't really answer. It but that's. Fine, uh you never got in real.
Speaker 8: Detail now you, know there's some standard you, know responses you love me for WHO i was and all this kind of, stuff and it's real.
Speaker 4: Sweet you know you're still, wondering, right pretty general looked a little more. Detailed, yeah, YEAH.
Speaker 5: I don't, know, bro you WERE i mean back when you were on, steroids, man you were. HERE i never.
Speaker 12: Was on.
Speaker 4: STEROIDS i can't.
Speaker 12: Go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah you know that's a chain and player.
Speaker 18: Chain.
Speaker 4: Yeah j still wears.
Speaker 8: It he's, Like, DAD i THINK i need a, shirt you, know because you're working at a BANK i THINK i need a shirt because they can see my chain underneath, them.
Speaker 4: Like you time to put that. Up he looks like a break, dancer.
Speaker 5: Professional. Dancer, yes, yes you.
Speaker 4: Know i'm, white BUT i can still do it real.
Speaker 5: GOOD i woke up bouncer on the.
Speaker 4: Side, yes but we also entertained he really don't do a lot of security because he's too busy. Drinking. Greg, well you know they like to us going. There, yeah would would you entertain member of the boy of a boy?
Speaker 16: Band?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah speedy.
Speaker 4: Brother he's spending on. Cardboard i'm telling YOU.
Speaker 14: I.
Speaker 4: Won't but but then.
Speaker 8: You, know there's so many, things and we can go, back and you know you're not gonna get all mushy and all, that but, uh those are. Obvious and And terry AND i have shared a lot of thoughts and memories and and and all that our. Business BUT i woke up to something that was where my keys normally. Sit and it's a little box and and uh, pause and And greg right out of the gate ruined my.
Speaker 4: Anniversary you're talking About greg. Earlier it's The greg. Effect, oh The greg. Effect you, know He greg effect something so. Bad, WELL i opened the box and there is this sweet little note the box last time when she did.
Speaker 8: Silver for our twenty fifth, anniversary nine one, thousand one hundred and thirty two beads for each day we've been, married because each day is worth. Counting twenty five years with seven leap.
Speaker 4: Years, okay.
Speaker 8: Twenty five hearts for every year we've been, married because each year is worth. CELEBRATING i love, us. Okay and then inside here is nine, thousand one hundred and thirty two beads for each day you count and see and this is Where greg ruined my anniversary because The greg effect took over me AND i, went who's counted?
Speaker 4: These is there really nine, thousand one hundred? College Stupid greg? Effects Stupid Greg? Serious i'm standing, There i'm standing. Down you really couldn't? Count? WELL i, Mean i'm Gonna i'm gonna trust that this is this is what she says it. Is but the first THING i thought of Was greg Is? Greg The greg.
Speaker 8: EFFECT i, went there's not nine thousand and thirty two. Beads this is how do we know's a twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: Anniversary it's pretty cool little silver and it's got a bunch of beads in. It, yeah and it makes me think that they're really, small so they're hard to keep up. With that'd be a tough. Count, SEE i knew. IT i knew if you had this kind of, machine if count effect right When i'm coin machine something like. That and he's also got me convinced today that our staff shirts that the microphones too far to the. IS i saw that day, One you stupid greg effects.
Speaker 5: Effect you can't have an, anniversary can even have a.
Speaker 4: Shirt, look if you want your logo in your and, pit that's, Fine heybert, awesome don't let him and all. That i'm, not BUT i will say it's been a tough. Count are you open to us getting how? Many Getting terry on the phone? Today and maybe we asked her start, off, okay are you Now i'm gona look like a. JERK i don't mind speedy. Thinking now just now you start looking like it's just in the last few six, seconds WILL i don't mind speedy. Thinking i'm a. Jerk that's every. Day we want to ask you about the beads because then The gregor but we Might BUT i was going to ask her if we can answer this question on house people.
Speaker 8: DISSOLVE i MEAN i did that there is there is that, right, definitely and we all did kicked our coverage when nobody in here.
Speaker 4: Can say they. Did we'll all suffered. That you've got to be careful with this. QUESTION i went so far with it one time With. Sherry she began to question what you. Did, yeah you can go too far with.
Speaker 5: It you don't want.
Speaker 4: To sherry is kind of, like, YEAH i, MEAN i don't know what WHAT i. Think AND i went to that same. Look we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. SHOW i, KNOW i.
Speaker 4: KNOW i hope you heard some of the show. Today we've already showed you some examples on why of the fight's not, Over, Rick what fight are you talking? About, Well i'm talking about conservative ideology versus you, know, uh leftist. Ideology that's What i'm talking. About we felt like we're winning right. Now things look. Good let's not we're headed in the right. Direction but you said to that, opposition don't? You and you you just think all of a, sudden the media is gonna start just reporting fairly and we're gonna get you, know journalism back and all. That that's not gonna. Happen the fight's not. Over they're just gonna fight. Harder so this is Why BLAZE tv is more important than, ever and it's why they existed in the first. Place where can we go to get the? Truth where is the real? World not just On The Rick Burgess, show but also On BLAZE. Tv if you want investigative reporting like you, remember you, know maybe are your parents or your? Grandparents Remember BLAZE. Tv that's what they, do. Documentaries shed a little, lot cut that flashlight on there in the deep. State take a look, around hope people, accountable hold this government. Accountable they do, that they're bold and we're part of. It you get an hour of this, show you Get Strange, encounters a new. Podcasts so for about eight dollars a, month the price of a fancy cup of, coffee you can be informed on any device on. Demand so go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and subscribe. Today that's BlazeTV dot com slash. Rick you'll save twenty bucks on the annual. Plan now more than, Ever BLAZE, tv, unfiltered, unafraid and on, demand.
Speaker 1: They can and do the. Truth The Big Butcher.
Speaker 4: Show, okay so we're. Back thank you for being with Us. America as we walked through another, Day burgess small battles still to come later today the box seats will visit from all. Over, okay we have a lot of other things to. Review one of them that we're now celebrating is twenty five years of Speedying Terry. Wilburn, oh, yes what a romantic day to day That greg's. Ruined yeah but great THOUGHT i did.
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 4: Great thanks, great you ruined it at three h five. Am and, missus Missus william Wilburn what AM i? Saying missus Will burne has decided to be with? Us? UH i know It's. TERRY i know that you've got a lot going. On so thank you and happy anniversary to you And calvin.
Speaker 6: Today oh, well thank, you thank.
Speaker 4: You twenty five. Years she knows out of her. Element she does not like, this this. Port she didn't like being. ON i bet her eyes are sore from counting all than.
Speaker 6: Beads, okay and that, Well i'm trying to wake that up BECAUSE i was up on like counting beads.
Speaker 4: And every bead represents every day because every day should be. Counted, yeah, honey that was.
Speaker 8: A sweet little, thing AND i know it was just a little little way to wake up and start the anniversary. Happy but you had mentioned that that the the the Accurate it was an accurate. Counting let's just say that because you bought them in different in different bags and they were all numbered.
Speaker 6: Together, Well i'm Feeling i'm trusting the bags because the bag said how many they have been?
Speaker 7: Had?
Speaker 4: Oh there You go's, Okay so, There, greg THAT i, was you, know she was curious for that answer because that's that's a commitment to count that many. Beads, yeah well.
Speaker 6: Try finding one item that silver that has that many.
Speaker 3: Things what a great.
Speaker 4: Idea you know you went to the Beach. Dore, yeah, yeah right there There's cupid and then there's the guy who walks it with a baseball bat and not steep it out of the. Sky And, greg, yes that's that's So greg.
Speaker 8: Effect we were we were having fun and asking the question of how in the world DID i pull it?
Speaker 4: Off BECAUSE i know WHAT i was. Thinking but it's. Funny my dad sent me a.
Speaker 8: Text he, SAID i can tell you why because you had to pray and Praying mom and, dad there you.
Speaker 4: Go, well and now being, ONE i get, That, yeah you, know So, terry can you help? Us and.
Speaker 3: It had to be.
Speaker 4: Supernatural we're. Looking we're. Looking at one point you looked At raymond, SAID i Think i'll try, that you, know not like that.
Speaker 14: In a.
Speaker 4: SONG i, mean, Honey i'm. SORRY i didn't mean Like, GOD i THINK i Think Riley green just won an award for something like.
Speaker 8: That, yeah, yeah, YEAH i don't mean like, that. Honey, Okay So, terry let's try. That, yeah let me let, me let me be investigative. Reporters kind of, Stupid.
Speaker 4: Greg IF i can get the answer THAT i think the world won'ts and, Speedy can you go back and did it just kind of before you knew? It you were falling in? Love and was it the kango? Hat was?
Speaker 3: It what was?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 4: TERRY i, mean what what did he bring to the? Tables break? DANCING i didn't.
Speaker 6: BREAK i don't, know trying to think and, gosh trying to figure it, out AND i don't.
Speaker 4: Know question like now we've gone too, far like a War.
Speaker 6: GOD i THINK i just felt sorry for.
Speaker 13: Him who said herbody somebody said somebody said you were texting.
Speaker 4: ME i was thinking about them. Beats so you're you're Blessed his heart and the combination of his parents'. Prayers god did something with.
Speaker 6: It, yeah he just worked a. MIRACLE i gain.
Speaker 4: Uh doing that that.
Speaker 8: Laughing it's it's kind of funny because my version THAT i TELL i tell our sons is a little different than. Her of, course you, KNOW i, claim you, know she she needed a knee path because she fell in love with me so hard and she followed me around AND i was, irresistible and they're, like really, dead that's, cool and she's like, really.
Speaker 4: So do you just roll your eyes when he starts That?
Speaker 6: Terry oh, yeah oh yeah for, sure BECAUSE i, mean but, REALLY i don't, KNOW i just think he oh, no he just was so kind and so, caring and you know he JUST i, know he just kind of came in and and and just kind of like took care of, me AND i know he was just you, know a gentleman and and JUST i don't, know he just.
Speaker 4: Loved, me AND i loved him irresistible To. YEAH i was going to, say all these things you said are the things that a woman is looking, for but it's so typical of men to go say somewhere in there THAT i was good. Looking, yeah.
Speaker 6: And he was very, handsome especially with his little knko hat, on But.
Speaker 4: TERRY i think that what you just, said when it comes to, women and And sherry's talked about, before so many, MEN i think misunderstand that these are the things that that women are looking. For someone they think they can depend, On somebody that that that makes them the center of the, universe that gives them, attention that seems to truly care about, them seems to be willing to take care of. Them, uh you, know and uh and has deemed them a value and and you, know and and let's face, It Calvin, wilburn he was a.
Speaker 6: Catch, yeah oh, yeah absolutely, NO i don't. AGREE i got EXTREMELY i got extremely you, know, lucky AND i LIKE i told, him he is my greatest.
Speaker 3: Blessing oh thank you.
Speaker 4: Sweet one of the. TEXTURES i don't want to ruin. Everything AND i don't agree with. Him they, said it's kind of Like jenny And Forrest Greg, Terry, TERRY i have to ask you when he told you about that emailer and About, dad, What oh.
Speaker 6: My, God, Terry i'm so. SORRY i laughed so. Hard, gosh that was so. Funny but what wasn't even funnier was BECAUSE i had missed the show that day and so we when the when we saw the guy in the restaurant and he was talking about, it AND i was, like what is he talking? About and he was at that guy and he, goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes thanks to appreciate, you, Buddy and instead of you going, oh bless your, heart you laughed just as hard as everybody else. Did, Yeah.
Speaker 6: LIKE i was, like you got some very witty.
Speaker 4: Listeners oh, yes, yeah.
Speaker 8: Yes it is funny though looking back at, pictures you know how it, started and then now you you look at a current picture where you've got so many family members you can't hardly get them in into one.
Speaker 4: Frame it's a it's really a. Blessing it, is it, Is and you too have been such a blessing to. Everybody you got three great, sons and you have a great, marriage and and And speedy you just You, Jerry god bless. You But speedy you did. Good thank? You And honey go.
Speaker 8: Ahead and two, everybody no matter WHAT i, do they want to bring up a couple of things and tell the Audience i'm not.
Speaker 4: Cheap, well, WELL i mean would, honey why would Have?
Speaker 7: Paul?
Speaker 6: Honey, well, OH i don't. Know there's there's different versions of. Cheap you, know there's you, KNOW i love you so. Much it's been twenty five wonderful.
Speaker 4: Years here we, go, Honey jerry just saying say. It he's a little. Tight. No we make decisions together on what we're gonna. Do it's not just, me you.
Speaker 6: KNOW i mean sometimes, yeah on on like buying a. House we make decisions. Together what are you talking?
Speaker 4: About making decisions all the. Time he's wondering how much you pay for? Them Be, Terry thank you for taking time to be with. US i will tell you. This she does go ahead and order for me a lot of. Times, Greg So i'll there's indecision on ordering it. Restaurants lord help, us, Yeah lord help. Us be, Patient TERRY'S i love, you, babies love. You happy anniversary both of, you twenty wonderful. Years we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show this is Where Logic leads left The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: Show we're.
Speaker 4: Back thank you for being with Us america as we worked to another one. Today you know all the things we're finding out that you Make america healthy. Again this movement is really teaching us a. Lot Uh AND i will tell you that one of the things that has been researched for a, while and now it's been made available to. Us is you, know looking at how our our health is affected at the segular. Level there's a doctor that has been collaborating with THE Us navy for a while studying this. Process because we already, knew, okay out there in our nutrition world there's good fats and then there's bad. Fats what we, did which was not, smart is we decided to get rid of all. Fat that it's not, smart and our brains have actually some incredible benefits from some of the good, fats and so does our body at this cellular. Level, well they now have it. Available fatty fifteen dot, com slash big vox HAS c. Fifteen it's now in capsule. Form this is going to help with the aging process at a cellular. Level the whole story is. There you can go see it at fatty fifteen dot, com slash big. Vox this vastly improves your. Longevity it's strengthen strengthens. Sales you're only taking one a. Day there's a ninety day subscription starter kit available now at fifteen percent off if you go to fat fifteen dot, com slash big vox or go To Rick burgess show dot com under. Sponsors So terry. Visited she did a great, job she. Said we called her before her, coffee so she did sound like a Good she sounded. Fantastic AND i just want to say to, this the audience is really laughing when you asked her to clarify that you weren't cheap and we couldn't hear anything over the sound of the. Crickets, WELL i just wanted to get some things out of the, way BECAUSE i know y'all was quite by the way in our opinion and the Text nation, said, really if you look at, It terry was the first victim to the over greeting abilities of. Speedy he over greed his way right into twenty five years and wonderful. Family, yeah she has CLAIM i followed her around the first night Of. Sawer that's what she tells the. BOYS i don't remember it that. Way, well it makes more sense.
Speaker 8: Because but you think about. It the wives that we have at some point they looked at us and, SAID i like. HIM i, know Just i'm telling you that. AMAZING i mean, THINK i, MEAN i know you at least go back to high.
Speaker 4: School. Yeah, still but at some point she looked at and, said looked at a good. One, YEAH i, know AND i was a good. Thing All i'm still a good you. KNOW i don't, know. GUYS i MEAN i look back at my. SITUATION i, Think, OKAY i was about two hundred and ninety, POUNDS i had a MULLET i, HAD i had a broken down car and two little. KIDS i DON'T i really THINK i was bringing a. Lot Prince Johnny, HORSE i Was Prince, charmy, right you know you got to Be i'm telling you to be careful that you go overcame a, LOT i really. DID i THINK i think What I'M i think he takes the. Prize, yeah and just like you, GUYS i, mean here's one of the most Serious, Seriously i'm not even being that typical husband thing with the most beautiful women on the. Planet. Yeah. Uh AND i think what we're learning today is maybe what your, Parents speedy. Said. YEAH i think there were a lot of people who prayed for, us and And god just was. GRACIOUS i, MEAN i think it may not be any more complicated than.
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 4: Yeah. UH i can't figure how we pulled it off any other way other than supernatural.
Speaker 8: Intervention that's a. Fact and now being a, parent you understand what they were. Saying you, know this is a direct text from my.
Speaker 4: DAD i, pray pray on my face every day for my.
Speaker 8: Kids he, says Hay, SON i can tell you how your marriage With terry was pulled. Off we had been praying you my, mom your mom and me about you and believing that The lord would send you a perfect woman that loves you And jesus uh and cross.
Speaker 4: Paths and that's what. Happened he. Said that was that was a daily. PRAYER i don't know why when you had that can go look and you dance and, looking that's how he was. Envisioning you, know, yeah black can go walk past and SHE i am. That i've been so thankful to understand that men a lot of times fall in love with their eyes and women fall in love with their. Ears thank goodness for. THAT i don't think she lost a. BED i don't. Know it could. Be you go talk to a couple of things that are being asked off Text, nation and then ONE i want to update you. On it's just a lead to. That somebody just, asked do you guys know when the Interview rick you did With men in The arena will publish that? Podcast we don't know that one because that one they sort of talked like it would be pretty quick AND i recorded it last. Week, yeah now that one there is also a really huge podcast and that is The art Of. Manliness we do have the answer on that. One speedy found that out. Yesterday they're going to wait and air the interview on the week Of Father's, Day, Yes june, Tenth So june tenth will be when that one will. Publish we don't know On men in The, arena but we think pretty. Soon and Today i'm supposed to be interviewed by The Global Baptist. News is that? Correct, yes, yes you are going to be interviewed by This Global. News, okay all, Right so that that one their podcast today or whatever that, is, Right i'm on that today talking about the book and then we'll cover it a minute being On Fine bomb yesterday talking about the, book and of course then The friday before, That Glenn. Beck so the book tour is often running and and is going, great so, thinks and we'll update you on. That But adler also wanted me to pass. Along you, know we did the show on location Last, wednesday, uh and we were we got a lot of great interviews in it was it was chaos as it always. Is adler said that one of those interviews is now up on the YouTube. Channel and this Is Charles barkley interrupting my interview with with who my interviewing at the time when he comes, Over So sabin And, barkley that one is up now on the YouTube, channel.
Speaker 11: Yep and it's getting getting posted to our other social media sites as we speak as.
Speaker 4: Well, okay so if you want to see that one and the the others will continue to make their way. There so that is. There also episode two to two Of Strange encounters is, there and coming this, weekend episode three Of tails from The Camp house will be. There so that that's kind of your some of your you, know bonus content outside of the daily show on our YouTube. Channel so lot going, on a lot going, on and so will we will continue to update you a lot of times on these. Podcasts you, know they record, them we found out with The art Of, manliness and they hold them and then we it's hard to find out when they'll. Publish but at least you found out that one and the men in the. ARENA i don't know what's confusing about that. One IS i want you to know IS i went to look because SOMETIMES i just look to see if it's been, published and that one, time and apparently this guy stopped in twenty twenty four and hasn't done. ONE i don't know if he's done with it or he's just. Behind there is one called The man in The. Arena, NO i don't know who this person, is but it's not the guy THAT i was interviewed By men in The Arena. RAMOS i Believe. RAMOS i don't know how you say his last, name had a great interview with. Him so It's men in The arena is the ONE i was actually, on, right BECAUSE i think that other one may be old or not being done. ANYMORE i don't. Know, yeah but but there you, go, Gotcha so men versus. Man you know How greg is With american. Flags oh and and he thinks a lot of people put him outside just to be, Sharp but it Is greg thinks everybody does everything to be. Sharp, well it's kind of. There it's, UH i love to the just it's just. Me we know you're all about the flag and as. Well, NO i MEAN i grew.
Speaker 8: Up my dad's extremely patriotic and and and we always had a flag, out especially On Markers Memorial day weekend coming, up and AND i always have to Ask, greg.
Speaker 4: CAN i put my flag? Out if you go by all the, rules you. CAN'T i got to HAVE i have a LITTLE i have a little solar like. That responsibility comes with. It i'm going to bring from the backyard and spotlight. You okay with, THAT i have no problem with as long as you do it. RIGHT i believe the flag people ruin flag. DISPLAY i make it hard because they become these flag. PHARISEES i, mean, wow they'll flag you. Today BUT i will admit, this And i'm certainly not a flag pharisee BECAUSE i know the sentiment is. Right AND i don't worship things and turn them into an idol because told not to do. That BUT i have to say it does bother me a little. Bit the people that leave a flag out all the time and they never take it, in and they just let it get pummeled by the weather and and it starts looking kind of, ratty and they just leave it out. There And i'm not a flag legless ba any, stretch but that kind of bothers. ME i, like you show a little more. RESPECTIVE i think if you're going to display, it you got to take care of. It, yeah but not to the point that you're obsessing over it or worshiping, it but a little. Bit. LOOK i like to. FLAG i, mean how about. This there's, mom there's bad weather, coming let's take it, in you. Know, yeah things like, that, Right but this all goes back to years.
Speaker 8: AGO i had put on my story the flag and it it Was Memorial, Day Labor, day fourth Of july something like, that.
Speaker 4: Ad And greg's, like are you trying? Trying, well you. Are you were kind of trying to be, sharp but you felt like JUST i, mean but you fell victim to everything else. People do you try to put one out there by dogsy front doing? It, yeah you got? It spotlight it's, dark got it has to be lit and all. THAT i do love our, little our little cul De sac because we have a lot of.
Speaker 8: Guys that serve in the military and stuff and very, patriotic so we have tons of flags OUT i like.
Speaker 4: THAT i like going down neighbors the Flag. Glencoe you want to see some, flags they got them all in the media of people who died in, battle especially on this. One why WOULD i make Fun as you just pointed, out this one is also very delicate because it's. Memorial, yes that means people who, Died, yes and in the line of, duty paying the ongoing least for our. Freedom, correct that's what you really have to handle this with. You, Yes WHEN i was a, KID i was scared to death of The, hey if the flag touches the, ground you got to burn. IT i didn't want. That only it's, like WELL i don't want to care because what IF i let touch the. GROUND i remember THAT i did a couple of. TIMES i just didn't say that's something that like adults told you to scare you as a kid or.
Speaker 8: EXACTLY i, mean that's a real. THING i know that's very sensitive about. That lags touch all the. Time, No, no but, listen, people.
Speaker 4: Not a flag on a. POLE i, mean how do you feel.
Speaker 8: About you, KNOW i just want to race And i've wrapped the flag around here and just dragging on the, ground sticking in the bed of.
Speaker 4: Your truck and fly they end up on. That like you, said if you're a guy that puts one up at the bank or at the, uh post. Office you got to go by the. Rules BUT i think if you're just sticking in the back your truck he hits the, ground you're, okay just pick it. Up five second.
Speaker 5: Row, yeah don't drag it. Around.
Speaker 4: NO i think if you win the.
Speaker 5: Gold, medal you put it around your. Shoulders that's, LIKE i love my. Country i'm so.
Speaker 19: Proud and.
Speaker 4: Did you know one time in our neighborhood That sherry actually changed out some ice? Flag WAS i just started looking so? Ratty she bought a new one and took the right WHEN i put a new one. In really did they call the place? There anything they?
Speaker 1: Did it was?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, well come back unscreened phone calls on The Rick Burgess. Show we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the?
Speaker 3: Table?
Speaker 1: Cool, no and get on the? Show one eight eight eight, six big?
Speaker 4: Fucks all, right let's. Go we go unscreened phone Calls. America the lines are, open and all that we're waiting on is. You now, remember since it's unscreen phone calls now the preferred way to contact the, show you're going to hear. Ringing, okay so don't just let it, ring and then you'll hear a sound of us. Answering that means that you are then on the. Air let's don't do. Speakerphones let's don't have THE tv or the radio loud in the. Background these are things that hopefully you've learned by. Now but go ahead and doll us up at eight eight, eight the number, six big, vox and we'll roll through your phone. Calls let's get. Started, Hello you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreened phone, Calls go.
Speaker 20: Right, Ahead, Hey ry, Silence En, Dunston Hey, tom how's it?
Speaker 4: Going we're good.
Speaker 20: GOOD i gotta ADMIT i had never heard of this, building the Not Away plantation In New orleans that caught fire over the leak, end and apparently for the really elite of the, area it had been a big venue for parties and, stuff which is just morbid to think of what used to go on. There now when they and there was a lot of columns and stuff written about, it you probably read a few of. Them, now can anything else when they clear it all up and, everything can anything else be put? There or is that just gonna.
Speaker 5: Reopen the?
Speaker 4: WOUNDS i have no idea what he's talking about a plantation In New. Orleans, yeah it burned. Down, yeah and so basically it was an event place before the entire time and it Has he was talking history of slavery and all that with, IT i, think and he's, asking so is that GROUND i, guess curse? Forever or can you put something? There maybe A Dollar? General, yeah well let me tell you if you went, everywhere yes they. Would If Dollar, general Can general can get THAT dg, market they. Will so, YEAH i don't know about. THAT i actually have read none of the. Articles you played that. Off WELL i knew the whole. TIME i knew. NOTHING i don't know no. Ideas look at that, now, man, right that was an OLD i started to interrupt and, SAY i have no idea what you're talking. About BUT i never found a. Room there's no. SPACE i wonder did they find? Out was it arson OR i don't. Know, well it wouldn't surprise. Me and he, says apparently they've been partying, there but people. PLACE i, Probably and he asked that. Out if that's, disrespectful it would be only disrespectful if they still had slaves. There uh you, know now that would be that is. Disrespectful but people will party, anywhere, BUDDY i mean they just. Will. Hello Rick Burgess, show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 20: Hey, Rick John thomas From, dotan how are you?
Speaker 4: Man, well you know what dothan weighing in? Today yeah on ONE o three, Seven go, Ahead, yeah go, Ahead.
Speaker 10: Yeah we're doing.
Speaker 19: It, HEY i just wanted you to KNOW i caught a little clip On Glenn beck Of Dicky nadmire talking about his new.
Speaker 4: Book i've had other people say that did not sound like.
Speaker 5: As you said you Your dickie.
Speaker 4: Boy WELL i didn't mean to. Be but now listen WHEN i Heard, glenn WHEN i Heard Glenn beck And stu trying to talk about football arms, SPORTS i had to weigh.
Speaker 14: In.
Speaker 4: Uh stu tried that like he had some kind of. Legitimacy glen didn't even try to. Pretend. Yeah, Uh glenn spent his whole life being. Picked last we. Continue Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls.
Speaker 21: Go, Ahead good, Morning hey.
Speaker 19: Buddy, HEY i wanted to give you just a bit of flag Trivia Disney. World you know On Main, street how they have all of those flags that line the tops of the buildings and. Everything, sure, yeah well apparently there is a rule or standard with the flag that you're supposed to take the flag down after dark unless it's lit in a certain. Way one of those flags they do they are not real. Flags the only one is that main one that they do take down at sunset every, day but all the rest of them are either missing a star or a stripe so that they are in accordance with the.
Speaker 4: Rule really about that knows what he's talking. About here we, go there we, Go Greg, Effect, Yep, Well i'm just. SAYING i, mean it's a random. Call we had a good. Story uh, hell and he gets to Going Rick burgess show unscreen phone call was go, Ahead, Hi, RICK i.
Speaker 6: Was wondering if you saw the news report about super u is raising the price of their.
Speaker 10: Vehicles What i'm coming?
Speaker 4: Up and it just.
Speaker 6: It, yes it made me think about. You so.
Speaker 14: She.
Speaker 4: Heard she hung up because she was, laughing so her that was a good super room. Mine but you, know one of the things that was, FUNNY i pulled my speedy because when it comes to, Vehicles i'm, speedy, CHEAP i don't LIKE i don't like to spend a lot of money on. Vehicle and so really one of the things that drew me to a SUPER u was that they're pretty. Inexpensive if they make them, expensive then who wants? One that's?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Uh we Continue Rick birder's. Show unscreen phone. Calls go, ahead big.
Speaker 5: Head Of this Is.
Speaker 3: Flip how y'all do? It, hey, LISTEN i was leading the service at our worship service at our church at the. Time we had three, dates AND i asked her to marry me on This sunday morning in front of a full. House you've been?
Speaker 4: Confident are you talking about your? Wife?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah we've been married thirty thirty six Years New year's.
Speaker 4: Date we just missed the. Wife well we missed that part that was that was important For, yeah well how about? That you remember the grocery store? Proposal, oh confident that she was gonna say. Yes he's up front the whole TIME i gave you be a second hand embarrassment person and bring up the grocery terrible. Click we were Told Andy blanks about. THAT i don't. Know we must, yes hey, click take that microphone.
Speaker 6: Red.
Speaker 4: Announcement would like to be my? Wife? NO i would unstream phone. Calls let me get some bread over, here go, Ahead, no good, Morning, hey.
Speaker 18: This Is Katie i'm listening ON i ninety two and. Monto Adam, montgomery thank. You just got a quick thing on the flag. Etiquette CAN i just, say when you were at, graduations whether it's high, school, college, whatever and you know they've got a moment where everybody stands and the flag is coming on the, field you know the charity see people are marching the flag. Out that is not the time to be screaming your graduates name and blowing air horns and, like let's be respectful for just a.
Speaker 4: Moment what ABOUT i don't do. IT i don't do it during.
Speaker 7: That what about?
Speaker 4: Barking he's just. Barking etiquette to a r. Point you got to know when to bark and when not to. Borrow we have that, today by the, way people SAYS i.
Speaker 3: Do have one of.
Speaker 4: Them yeah we got. Here you don't get it's a herd. Point you don't bark during.
Speaker 8: That used to be, respectful you got to Hold you got to know when to bark and when not to bar and when to follow.
Speaker 4: HIM i totally agree with.
Speaker 1: That hawwy. Hour this is The Rick Burgess show set up, Now like we.
Speaker 4: Say, Loss i'm an you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable. World The Rick Burgess, Show.
Speaker 4: Uh, Huh Hello, america brand new, hour brand new, day brand new. Show thanks for being with. Us Speedy gregan Abder all Here speedy and his wife's celebrating twenty five years of. Marriage if you missed our conversation With terry his wife earlier, today catch it on The Daily. Archive either listen or catch the. Video argive those that are available on the YouTube channel or the podcast. Channel also YouTube channel, Fans hello tubers are those that just go check for content on the YouTube. Channel the interview Last, Wednesday live From graystone With Nick saban And Charles. Barkley some of. You it even caused me to go through a bottom of the hour break and extend it said you could have listened to that the rest of the. Show go grab that. Interview it is now on the YouTube. Channel others to. Come also this, weekend episode three for A Memorial day weekend Of tales from the Camp House The Burgess Bass battle will find its way to the YouTube channel this.
Speaker 8: Weekend, Okay i'm in a little bit of trouble speaking Of. Terry she, SAID i went back and listened to the segment you had me on AND i GUESS i should have waited had my coffee that was so, bad And i'm, like, no it.
Speaker 4: Was it was not a bad.
Speaker 8: Bottom, also she, said, yes they're so critically. Themselves you're not special and you're not, cheap. HONEY i was just trying to be. Funny well that was.
Speaker 4: Sweet you added, that, yeah you absolutely a nobody believes. Here it is. Okay you, added thank, you. Babe take you to something like waffle house and. Go so a couple of things that hit on ONE a guy all star one on Text, nation like a guy, says y'all cannot bring up the grocery store proposal and not tell us a. Story BUT i just don't think we. Can it's.
Speaker 8: Uncomfortable can we say it in? General text it with him the other day and he's doing? Great, yeah you get over.
Speaker 4: There how's he on what we're doing? Now?
Speaker 8: Awesome awesome he was had to do with is he all in his grandson and playing baseball and? Stuff and his grandson is a really good athlete and we were just talking about.
Speaker 4: THAT i just remember how much he loved the things that where we would get right either on the line or cross the line of getting In. Trouble so he's a big fan of. That SO i think he's probably. Digging, yes he is the tempo and the attitude of this. Show, yes he likes.
Speaker 8: It right there on the edge until Then greg jumps. In then for some, reason aler now, yeah, over he'll draft With.
Speaker 4: Greg and second's almost like he Thinks greg will take the brunt of it and he'll kind of almost a. Shield it's lost in all the.
Speaker 11: Good I'm I'm i'm always you, know checking myself WHEN i say a, joke And greg is the only person that, laughs and he laughs. HARD i could, YEAH i could have changed that just a little bit to make it more of a universal, joke not just for Like.
Speaker 4: Greg that's when that's when you pencil in something new to your prayer. Time that means only the code people like. Yeah, Yeah SO i think He's, okay it's been long. Enough, Okay, well what. Happens we won't use, Names we don't gonna use, names but what? Happened and poor Is. ANDY i. WISH i don't know Where Andrew blanks is listening right now OR i don't. Know and if you and if you, ARE i know you're crazy busy with the new book and all. That you just need to turn everything. Off, okay you can't handle. This this is beyond anything you can. Handle. Speed he's gonna, struggle even though he's you've almost kind of been numb to it because now it's funny to. Me but, boy for a, while it, was, well we've all we've all seen the man who was desperately in love and he and he sometimes so he's a little more in love than. You he'll get a little, reckless trying trying to force something to, happen And i'm gonna step. Out well and this one of those things bold with the room before you get. Bold, well this is the one you, know and this is where you're where you're the guy and the woman is, like we've been dating long, enough you know either you know fish or cut, bait and and you you you're, not you're not doing, either and she's. Done and then you panic and try to give her what she's looking, for speedy Of i'm a all. That, yeah, yeah it's, like oh wait a, minute my breath a little. Bit, Yeah so now you're losing her and you try to do something. Desperate, Okay and so we're all and it's a little too. Late we're all at a grocery, store and all of a sudden we hear the microphone rattling. Around first of, all that's not a great idea That, greg and so he does like attention, shoppers and he announces to the whole grocery store that this is the woman of his life and woman of his, dreams and they just wanted to publicly ask her as she's walked in the owls emotional. Speech and so he just walked up to the. Microphone WELL i guess he talked to. Me, okay, yeah AND i want to ask her right now to become my. Wife And i'm going to ask blankety blank will you marry? Me and blankety blank said, no the big zero are? You and then you just, Again i'm AT Castu register. Three come on, up he waiting, listen and you just here looking. Listen you just hear it just turns back. Off we're just left with this gulf of uncomfortableness because you, know of, Course i'm Just i'm just bathing in. It and Then, Speedy speedy's like trying to throw his body into cereal. Boxes he's trying to it just.
Speaker 7: It took so.
Speaker 4: Long then the satellite music started back. Up still up, Here born To run played by an. Orchestra, music that's what they got a music use that and then we just he just kind of put his head down Like Charlie brown and hit that automatic opening door was. Gone You mike can't hear, It mike can't hear. Me let me have this. Testing is this thing?
Speaker 17: On?
Speaker 4: Horrible? Yes? Horrible let me ask you this Because i've heard y'all tell were y'all brought there?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 4: That is that why ya were all in? There were y'all?
Speaker 14: Doing?
Speaker 19: Yes this?
Speaker 4: Was this was his bold move y'all watch. This i'm gonna be. Sure you, know a true friend would have stood in his. Way AND i was, like that sounds good, Man this is, awesome brilliant idea, man be great for the show. Tomorrow huh, okay so all right, bye hush, okay all. Right so another, Thing, speedy this barking at. Graduations, yeah Apparently i'm the bark. Guy, yeah everybody's coming eve with the. Bark come, On, speedy you're getting everybody now that you've planned to see everybody thinks they're supposed to bark now they don't love their?
Speaker 8: Kid, yeah and and, right and there's there's some bold guys Like Ben, Peters Chris story.
Speaker 4: Others.
Speaker 8: Uh Helena High school where we WHERE i live is they had their big graduation. YESTERDAY i get all this big talk from some of my. BOOKS i do You i'm a?
Speaker 4: Bark SHOULD i do? It i'm, like, well of, COURSE i mean unless you want your son OR i feel left. Out, BAR i don't know about.
Speaker 8: This and and so it's, like you, know they want the banner of, Hey i'm waving the bark flag. Here i'm, HERE i, Go i'm going to do, it you. Know and THEN i think one hooted like an. Owl i'm like, Whatever.
Speaker 4: But BUT i get a lot of.
Speaker 8: VIDEOS i don't know what that, Was, chris but, Uh i'm getting a lot of videos of people that are proud almost like, That, HEY i want to send you WHAT i?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 12: Know?
Speaker 8: Uh and UH i had this one was sent to me My Macy jones, SAID i barked at my sister's graduation this past. Weekend uh and When, uh not real sure about this. Bark but but let's take a listen to what tell me what you, Think.
Speaker 4: Amma Catherine, jones that was you gotta be more, Committed, ladies let your, husband ladies? Horrible is there is there even a breed for?
Speaker 21: That that's.
Speaker 4: Funny look look it's all talk until it's. Time that's to. Borrow that was what it. Was she didn't go. Confident now you got to be. COMMITTED i know what's.
Speaker 8: Uncomfortable see that was a Perfect that was a perfect time for one where you're not you're not being disrespectful and you're not over somebody else's name or anything like.
Speaker 4: That it's just that, dead just held dead period where he's, like don't you think she just didn't have enough? Confidence she was hesitant and she's a. Chick somebody, said we found no. Feat we'll come. Back had the chance to be on ESPN's sec channel yesterday With paul Fine Ball brian and we'll talk about it when we come.
Speaker 10: Back hanging.
Speaker 1: Out this is The Rick Burgess Show. Morning in order to truly benefit from this, show you must have a sense of. Humor so light, Up francis and enjoy The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show absolutely enjoy. It thanks for being with us, Today. America we've covered a. Lot daily archives always available if you had to go back and catch parts of the, show either you missed or you just want to hear or see again ord to get a BUDDY'S o you miss, This i'm, Sorry i've turned To gerald Cag. Okay, so so we now have people continuing to send in recordings of them doing barks for their. Graduates and this is all on, You. Speedy every bit of this is on.
Speaker 3: You that's.
Speaker 4: ENTERTAINING i know. That but some of them are now trying to. Freelance, yeah and just you want just play, it, yeah and then we'll move. On but this is a dear friend of, Mine chris's. Story he's the one that hosted The masters party that we went. To, okay and his, Daughter gracie was graduating From Helena High school yesterday and when she, called when they called her, name this is what he.
Speaker 1: Did story.
Speaker 4: Story it's like he was trying to do it and nobody hear. It, well there there. Is she's on you and you, Too, greg that's an. Owl that's your. WORLD i wouldn't do. That who cooks for you? All you have a lot of. Courage we taught we we call that all.
Speaker 8: Talk and then it's time and then local cords froze up on, it AND i know some of you are getting shut down by your, wives and you just have to kind of gauge is it worth?
Speaker 20: It you know.
Speaker 4: That are we endorsing any? Owl that is a that's an? OWL i don't know what's, up all, Right so the Text nation, says, speedy please show us. Again i'm ready to bark at the graduation coming up for. Me if you're, graduating you got graduates all over this. Country send us your bark if you have, it send us. Speedy so they, would they, said they go, far not like you've been a. Coach could you coach them a little? Bit oh, Yeah well you got to cut your. Hands Text, nation pay, attention your, audience pay. Attention So i'm cupping my hands like. This do you need to build up a little more of? Then and you gotta you gotta bob your.
Speaker 8: Head but if the if the if the person announcing the, names if that's if they're spacing them, out but if they're clicking through, them it could it could just be a you, know a, yeah but anything like. That AND i know that right graduations are wrapping. Up But i'm getting tons of of emails people that are barking and apparently hooting Now.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 4: Terrible, Yeah, Chris i'm calling.
Speaker 19: You that was.
Speaker 4: Terrible what are you? Doing that? Was i'm doing, it BUT i really don't want.
Speaker 6: TO i get.
Speaker 8: It oh daughter just won the state and. Softball give them more than, That. Speedy did you see that?
Speaker 10: One?
Speaker 4: What and Involves San? Antonio, okay, alright, scroll bring it back down right. THERE i was at the airport In San antonio props To, adler and a man asked me to video him proposing to his girlfriend as she was arriving to pick him up from the. Airport she refused to get out of the. Car he just had to come over awkwardly and get his phone back From oh.
Speaker 6: CAN i have that?
Speaker 4: Back, hey never, mind just let me have my. Phone let me have my. Phone she won't get. Out she's AFRAID i might opposed to. Her never, mind she's trying to just avoid it all. Together never. Mind that's. Mine so yesterday had the. Opportunity you, know, this this book coming out is giving us all kinds of. Opportunities you've got to be On Glenn. Beck we're going to be on handed pretty. SOON i Know handedy's been in The Middle. East when he gets, BACK i Know i'm always back, now so we'll get that in The Middle. EAST i. Did some of you today are saying that you think you're thinking today that my my interview with the was it The Baptist Global. Press some people. Do some people said that the needs G. GP i just had an. EMAIL i said that want to be interesting AND i was, like, really and he, said looking forward to. That, Okay SO i don't know what that, means But i'm looking forward to being. On, Okay And i've already been on two other podcasts that are yet to come. Out we know that one of them will Be june the, tenth and that's The art Of. Manliness we don't know When men in The arena is going to be, published but it should be pretty. Soon we'll let you. Know some of the podcasts Will it'll be almost like let's just. Wait but yesterday was real. Straightforward it, Was, hey come Be Paul finbaum's guest on THE Sec. Network they're here for the college THE Sec College Baseball tournament at The hoover mat so they had the big stage set up. SPEEDING i headed over there to be on With, paul and he was kind enough to do an endorsement of the book will you get your pointer out? Speeding? Sure so we're showing. Up these are these images that people are sending me from all over the. Country this is a person that was in the dressing room at the gym where they were working, out and there was a THE tv above the, lockers and they sent this image And sherry called me over and she, goes will you please look at the C g which is it says reaching out To Rick Burgess and they list all the WHO i, am, author pastor and host of The Rick Burgess. Show so we're gonna start coming. Pastor just Does paul think you're a? Pastor AND i was, like are THE? Espn i'm, like, well you.
Speaker 6: KNOW.
Speaker 4: I didn't catch that live there there it, is, uh, well thank, You. Paul but that was what it was like he put on some Way, greg you, Know, paul not not exactly packing on the. Pounds by the, WAY i Owned paul with something that we debated saying on the air and we decided it was best not. To But i'll tell YOU i gave me some information on that. Too it sure.
Speaker 5: Did, yeah did you keep your sunglasses on the whole?
Speaker 14: Time?
Speaker 4: Well here was the, Problem, well here was the. Problem hair. Blazing Pat smith was on before, me AND i noticed he had his sunglasses. On, Okan, NO i, thought what must be the sun must be, bright like when we're on location Last, wednesday you, know halfway through the, SHOW i kept putting my sunglasses on and off based on the. Sun, well WHEN i sat, DOWN i tried to go with the regular glasses and the sun plus the lights they. HAD i was, like if if we'd been, INDOORS i would not have had those, own but we were.
Speaker 5: Outdoors lights will get you.
Speaker 4: Two, well the lights are okay for your, indoors but if you have the lights and the sun behind them hitting, you it was like a. Lot so, yeah so that's. Funny that's. Funny so they THOUGHT i had cataract. Surgery but, anyway, no SO i had these. On but the interview went. Great, Paul well The. Paul that's gonna be the rest of my, DAY i. See But paul was calling p R, Yeah paul. Was we Had we had Some we had some Mic OH i have something to say about, that But i'm not. Going but the interview was, Great, paul you, know asked some great. Questions we talked a lot about you, Know paul was, there you, know when The rick And Bubba show changed the landscape of radio and when we were all involved in, that and we had fun with. That and then the next segment we talked about you, know what we're doing now and about the book and then really totally, unexpected uh and you, know you, KNOW i guess you, Know god's gonna do What he's gonna. Do weaves things together all of a sudden right there ON, espn THE sec, network in the radio, Network paul just volleyed up started talking about the faith aspect of what we, do, uh The man, church and then asked about what it you know going through, publicly you, Know, brauner our youngest son's earthly death and just you know which that's in the book. Too there's a part of that in the. Book Now shery's book goes in much more. Details and LIKE i say in the, BOOK i don't want to add anything to that because that was so beautifully And god inspired and. Done BUT i did talk about how to Impact dad in our, relationship and he volleyed that right up to, me and it turned into at one point a major spiritual. Conversation and SO i was Thankful paul for doing. THAT i was laughing on the way, home and WHEN i was talking about it with, FAMILY i, said you, know Only god could prompt A jewish man to ask me to talk About jesus on your. Show so that's. Cool, yeah and that was a great opportunity in my thanks to THE Sec. Network In Paul foulis is The.
Speaker 1: Rick Burgess, show he does a dab. Ocd he just likes things to be a certain. Way Wick, Burchess.
Speaker 4: Great to be with you again Today america from The Text, Nation rick is the interview with you And paul Fine baum on THE Sec. Network is there an art give of that adair you've been? LOOKING i don't. KNOW i don't know IF espn does an. ARCHIVE i know That paul has a podcast version of his show Audio, wise so that may be out, there but we haven't found.
Speaker 11: It as far as the video being on any of his social, media that's not. THERE i have not checked for audio only on the. Podcast that's a good.
Speaker 4: Idea, okay tot you a visual, Voice, Yeah Text Text, nation someone teach it how to say? Creating is that not?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 4: Cretan AM i supposed to say creatin? Creatine, well they're saying it's not, creating, creating, creating creating creating if you really want to be just most people hate.
Speaker 11: Creative it's like. Creatine yeah it's. Creatine y'all say. Creatin it's, fine it doesn't. Matter nobody says. CREATIVE i said creatine BECAUSE i thought it was like like, protein you, know, protein.
Speaker 4: Creatine i'm into. FITNESS i just took some just.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 4: Actually, Okay, Also, rick were those blue blockers or coast as you were? Wearing those are? Coasters? Love did you ever get your the ones you left at? Moms now they're still over. There, yeah we'll get them. Today, okay we'll take you're getting an updated On mom's cars, Fixed we're taking it. Back uh Take lian dot. Com speaking of This Brick House, Nutrition I'll Memorial day sell is happening right. Now you'll save twenty five percent using the promo code Big vox Or memorial twenty. Five either one of those. Works because any Of Brickcau's nutrition's, products all of them are own sale For Memorial. Day but, uh Take lian would be one of. Those now take. Lean uh this is really if you think about all the things that all these shots and everything. Accomplish this is a natural way to accomplish the same thing without you having to take these, shots and of course the price of the. Shots, hey uh, so go to Take lian dot. Com Take lian dot, com use the code big. Vox and we already had A patty who listens to the. Show here's what she, said heard you guys talking about. IT i finally found a weight loss product that. WORKS i wanted to lose twenty, pounds SO i ordered Take. Lin as soon AS i started taking. It it really does curb my. Appetite laurie, says same. Thing i've struggled with weight on and. Off lien has been WHAT i considered to be a life. Saver been losing a couple of pounds a week or, more And i'm Thrilled, kelly who, wrote amazing. Product. GUYS i immediately noticed the energy boost and a healthy weight, loss and of course that's making her feel. Better, yeah because sometimes you do these drastic diets or, whatever and you lose all your. Energy not with Tate, lien and it's. Natural it's going to curb your. Appetite it's going to help you make sure your sugar is where it's supposed to be and it's going to be a, healthy long, lasting sustainable weight, loss much more healthy than The yo yo which is really bad for. You it increases our risk of, stroke cardiac, event type two. Diabetes so why don't you get on this product now by going to tatelean dot com use big vox our memorial to twenty five and save twenty five percent off right? Now all, Right so speaking of, health this ongoing thing With. Biden, now first of, ALL i want y'all to tell me why we care about. This, yeah because he's he's. Done he's not going to be president. Again that's what they want right, there he was. Defeated is This we're gonna make sure we hold everybody accountable so they don't lie About president's health anymore going? Forward what are we accomplishing with pointing out what we already? Knew and that is the things they told us About President biden's health mentally and physically were never. True, YES i MEAN i know it's being proven now now we already know what we already. Know but why do we care about it so it won't happen in the? Future is that why we?
Speaker 5: Care that's a good.
Speaker 11: Reason, Yes and BASICALLY i just want to rub it in everybody's, nose is to say that all The democrats in power and all of the mainstream media are foc full of.
Speaker 4: Crap thank you right. There but, yeah and we and we knew. That the only problem is WHAT i And i'm going to enjoy this, too just like, You, Adler but my only what you know this is true is that everybody who is on the left is going to care nothing about, this and everybody on the right's going to, say told you, so and we're all and we're all just going to stay right where we. Were, well let's go.
Speaker 8: Back let's go back TO covid and how you could and you were you couldn't say things and you weren't allowed and people were getting.
Speaker 4: Cancer and all this kind of.
Speaker 8: Stuff if you if you said what was obvious and, no oh, no how dare you in social media and all, this and then now it comes out that we were all right all along and we were just being lied. To, well it's the same way about this past, administration is that we all knew.
Speaker 4: His cognitive skills were.
Speaker 8: Lacking we all knew that he was he was an elderly man that was losing his, faculties and we all knew, that you, know it was a corrupt, administration that somebody was running the, government we don't know. Who and we were told that we were unpatriotic for saying, it that we were white nationalists for thinking, it, that you, know all these crazy comments just because we were stating the. Obvious and now because you've Got Jake tapper's book that's coming out today that's going to spill the beans and all this audio that was released from the her report On, friday and now his health, issues everything's coming out, Now so we were.
Speaker 4: All right all, along and it's. Frustrating it, is it's extremely.
Speaker 8: Frustrating AND i know, that you, know you got politicians and everybody you know says half the truth and all. THAT i got all, that but it's just extremely frustrating when we knew the, obvious but yet we were told we were bad people for thinking.
Speaker 4: It are saying, yes looking at these adler it looks like to, me the one THAT i think has the most weight is that we have a doctor ON Msnbc Joe scarborough can't believe. It, yeah and have we already played this? One is this the one where he and his wife look like they smell a fart when he's saying. It, okay now this is that was a about something. Else because when you go over to one of the big leftist groups and they're having to admit, IT i think that's what we will enjoy the. Most so let's let's look at THREE, a and we may hit some of these others, Too but here's THREE a where people is realizing, that you, Know, biden there's no way That biden just now found out he has.
Speaker 16: CANCER i think you're a you're a, noncologist obviously uh.
Speaker 5: Cancer drug incredibly.
Speaker 16: Respected you believe that it is, likely just for those just tuning, in you believe it is, likely if this prostate cancer has spread to the, bone that he could have had it for.
Speaker 4: Up to a. Decade but certainly it's.
Speaker 16: Likely would it be fair to say it's likely to have had, this uh for at least several, years.
Speaker 4: Oh more than several.
Speaker 5: Years you don't get.
Speaker 4: AGAIN i JUST i just want to stop, you so, yours this is this is not.
Speaker 16: Specula if you have prostate cancer that has spread to the, bone then he's most certainly you were saying had it when he was president of The United states of.
Speaker 14: Course, oh, yeah he did not develop it in the last two hundred. Days he had it while he was. President he probably had it at the start of his presidency in twenty. One yes THAT i don't think there's any disagreement about.
Speaker 4: That but people are pretending that wasn't. So and you don't have to be a cancer doctor Because i'm afraid of the word. Oncologist but do you, know do You you don't have to know those. Things if you just know a little bit about prostate, cancer you know that it's it's slow, developing and it's over a long period of, time and if caught, early can have a high success of. Eradicating so if it's to the, bone he had, it AS i, mean like he said when he became.
Speaker 8: President, yeah AND i know that THE psa scores can throw you off, sometimes so you'll have to have the rectal exam and all. That and so there's a lot of questions now for the doctors of what was going. On and some people think that this was the ultimate plan all, along but the dementia and everything else kicked in at a higher. Rate but a lot of folks think that they were hoping that he would win the presidency and swing around to twenty twenty five into the spring and have to step down because of, this knowing all along he had, it and that's the Way kamala become, president right for a female president and so but you, KNOW i don't. Know there's a lot of speculation to. That but what we do know is that we were all been lied.
Speaker 14: To.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well the doctors are in that tough position right. Now if you are the doctors who have access to the president of The United states Of, america you're going to have to come out and say we hid this from, you are were grossly. Incompetent you have to say one or the. Other, Yeah AND i bet they it'd be tough for them say we're so, incompetent we didn't even know had prostate. Cancer come, On, yeah and a lot of people so like, say, hey once you hit seventy five to EIGHTY psa scores and then following up with the physical, exam they kind of do away with that because a lot of folks might die with prostate.
Speaker 8: Cancer that's not what killed. Him of, course, however he is the president and he has been having. Physicals, now think you you ran the? List rick of the years he was vice president and then the, president and then he was in the, SENSE i, mean he's had access to the utmost care, available and so you, know the president's treated a little bit different to a.
Speaker 4: Adder and we talked about this one a little bit to a let's go to the he talks about that he's going to be, transparent and then of course he slips as we, mentioned BUT i want to hear it again in twenty twenty, two when he's talking about that's WHY i himself and so many others have. Cancer he said that out, loud, yep but here it is in TWO. A So, adder whenever you have that go, ahead you're sure.
Speaker 5: Thing here, first It's september, ninth twenty twenty and SO.
Speaker 22: I guarantee, YOU i guarantee YOU i will be totally transparent in terms of my health and all aspects of my. Health and when it comes To Donald trump versus, me just look at.
Speaker 11: Us, okay all, right now here he Is july, twentieth twenty twenty, two.
Speaker 4: That's WHY i had so damn any other PEOPLE i grew up have.
Speaker 5: Cancer and then that was the slip up in twenty twenty. Two and then here is twenty twenty. Four i've laid every bit of the record out.
Speaker 20: The Thing.
Speaker 4: God Ask trump for His, OKAY i laid it all. OUT i haven't hit it thing by the, WAY i just noticed. Cognitively look at his decline from twenty twenty to twenty twenty. FOUR i mean he went. Down he'll. Big he looks so much brighter and sharp in twenty twenty versus twenty twenty. FOUR i mean there was quite a decline. That, yeah it's not as, rambly you, know the little more on top of. Things just in four years he.
Speaker 5: Was and in all three of those clips he was lying or hiding something or you, know slip up to that.
Speaker 4: Doctor that was Only.
Speaker 8: Scarborough he looked back At Bush obama and who Was Trump trump and their THEIR psa scores that throughout the, fit they were all there within the, files but for some Reason biden's.
Speaker 4: Absence oh really they covered.
Speaker 1: This this is The Rick Burgess. Show THE manu pointed that there is no such thing as bolderless. Wigs Rick butcher's.
Speaker 4: The box seats will be here. Today burgess Ball battle coming up a little bit later on thank you for being within. US a couple of, hey. Burgess here we'll see how far were you in the? Stack hey, birch hay. Birds these are emails from you the audience put in the subject line hey, Bird hey. Bird if you do that means that you are giving permission to use your email on the air if we sew. Desire so here we.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 4: Adder there's been a lot of discussion in the audience About Strange, encounters the new, podcast and of course the new. Topic think about how serious this topic is and what's our audience wanting it with debating right? Now This Big, boy stay or go during that? Podcast Big? Boy why Move Big boy During Strange? Encounters maybe you could put a brown paper sack over his head during an unsettling. Episode, okay maybe a funny wig during episodes that may leave us looking for a. Laugh maybe a mullet of some, kind maybe maybe some maybe one of those, large oversized goofy baseball. Heads oh did you See? Deryames what's some big? Shades Big? Boy? Yeah, yes this is From this is From. Kevin Big boy may just end up being a strange encounter. Himself always keep people interested seems like a good. Plan, plus it really didn't seem like you're nature to move something because someone is uneasy or complaining kind of goes against the whole fib and the edginess of the new. Show, ANYWAY i love the. Show keep the, Faith pray for you guys every day as y'all push the kingdom. Forward by the, way the book is. Awesome i've read. It challenged me on so many. Levels thank, You. Kevin, KEVIN i understand what you're. SAYING i hear.
Speaker 11: You but, yeah in, fact WHEN i kind of didn't get the exact point of the, PODCAST i was thinking it was going to be more.
Speaker 5: Aliens, honestly you, KNOW i really.
Speaker 4: DIDN'T i realized after you AND i taught yesterday there was a whole meeting that you missed out on COMPLETE i.
Speaker 5: DID i totally.
Speaker 11: Did, Yeah and SO i was, Like i'm going to fashion a gigantic tenfoil hat for Big boy and put it on, him but it doesn't really fit the you.
Speaker 4: Know spiritual actually Told BLAZE i would not do a podcast about aliens and. Ghosts, yes you just missed the.
Speaker 5: PART i missed a, lot but, yeah it's. GOOD i like, this but much better versus.
Speaker 4: Like, oh what's that greeny thing on this?
Speaker 19: Dog you know on the.
Speaker 4: Video, YEAH i have, MOVING i had, MOVING i have no interesting, yes uh, hey LOOK i want to talk about what's really going. On we got we got all the supernatural we stand uh SO i will say, This so it did look kind of, funny Big boy smiling over his head every second The, No, yeah that was something serious and it was very serious and that's. It, yeah so it was. Funny what we got to do is somehow have him and then like breakaway and edit it flipping around backwards and come back and he's. Back now he's looking the other way and, yeah and he's. Moving you're. Missing it's not.
Speaker 5: Haunted.
Speaker 4: Nos but, OKAY i thought that'd be a strange that that was my B the only way Big boy works on this podcast is if he's an angel or a. Demon, yeah, right, okay we'll move him. Out you lay on the ground and started to slowly start pulling them closer to the. Gag yeah right?
Speaker 10: Now is?
Speaker 4: It is it typical to the emailer though the personality of our show that during a very serious conversation there's a big war. Smiling now THAT i get his point on, THAT i.
Speaker 14: DO i.
Speaker 4: Do hey, Bird hey bird From JEREMY i just watched your interview with With Hoover Mayor paul Fineba, Ah, okay now those you don't get that. Joke gary saw the mayor Of, Hoover alabama during the broadcast last. Week hey, Hey, robert That's Paul fine mom Over and it Wasn't Paul, fine, mom it was the. Mayor so the audience. Ammitted he locked in on.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 4: UH i thought that was an outstanding, Interview thank. YOU i did. Too it was fun WHILE i was, WATCHING i felt LIKE i was watching my best friend because of how much TIME i spend listening to the. Show my girls think THAT i actually know all of, y'all and y'all are my best friends BECAUSE i talk about y'all all the. Time. Uh he, Said i'm proud of what you guys are, doing AND i know that Mister Coach burgess would be continually proud of you. Guys to thank you for. That hey, Bird Hey, burge we want you to feel like you know. Us by the, Way, yeah, hey Birj, Birge, DEVIN i want to say thank. You last, night my wife wanted to have breakfast for dinner the kids AND i thought that sounded. Great so a little change up on the. DINNER i like having breakfast for. Dinner so she got home started. Cooking then she said she needed. Eggs we raised our own chickens, adler SO i volunteered to get some eggs for. SUPPER i didn't know it would be raining as hard as it. Was, STILL i, SAID i will run out and grab. Them and then it hit, ME i can't run in the. Rain what coach burgess? Think SO i did a quick turn into a SOAKED i went out got the eggs while it rained on, me AND i turned into a soaking wet man with the eggs standing in the rain AS i gathered BECAUSE i KNEW i could not scurry or look frantic in the. Rain and Now i'm not making this. Up and we had a collar in some situation That i'm. Describing BUT i was running the other day WHEN i run and run up and down my, driveway SO i was on my last, leg SO i had about a quarter a mile. Left it starts, Raining i'm, running, okay stopped and walked the whole. Way i'm getting that. Everywhere some people THOUGH i was, exercising exercising greg BUT i, said PLUS i was kind of out of breath in the game an excuse? Me okay, now but that didn't. Hurt it's. RAINING i can't. Breathe getting so many of, those that's. Funny. God i'm got hey.
Speaker 5: Birch a Birge.
Speaker 4: Caleb, First i'm one of the good ones that jumped the gun and bought the unsided, book unsigned book WHEN i THOUGHT i was buying a sign. One come by the, way that's on. Me you can't have. Nothing BUT i thought that would make a great, gift SO i ordered the sign copy for myself on the very large red hyperlink that is clearly. THERE i loved the, book the part about the backyard fire and the way you read it on. Audio that part made me think of the Movie Christmas. Story just the way you painted the picture of the, story you should have lived. It, Second i'm the guy last week that emailed our last month that emailed about the birthday party with sixty. Something Guess, HEY i have an. Update how about? This they all came. OVER i cut the list in, half as y'all. Suggested we had about twenty five show up. Ps this is for. Speedy. Oh we was about forty dollars from breaking, even so he might be on to something there for a side. Hustle just be. Careful some parents won't like him smoking around the. Kids, okay come, on we're trying to.
Speaker 3: Move.
Speaker 4: Okay final, One Hey burge emerge for, Today. Charlie i'd like to get your view on bacon. Jam, OH i don't like the sound of. THAT i liked the idea of bacon, flavor sweet and, salty smooth and, crunchy BUT i don't know how to use. IT i had my usual egg and cheese sandwich And i'd decided to try it with. That now that it didn't, work why why don't you just come, Inclusion, bunny that bacon jam's a bad, idea does? It anybody had bacon? JAM i like bacon and jam being in the same. SENTENCE i just don't like, well these, PEOPLE i.
Speaker 11: Mean you see people putting like peanut butter and jelly on, hamburger on cheeseburgers and stuff like.
Speaker 5: That people are mixing the savory and the sweet and and it's not necessarily my, thing BUT i do get.
Speaker 4: IT i get bacon.
Speaker 5: Jam you would Eat i'll try it's it's it's a savory sweet sweet.
Speaker 4: Savory he, said it didn't work on the.
Speaker 1: Sandwich this is The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 5: Rockcasting from the Real.
Speaker 4: All, Right, america who's ready to?
Speaker 7: Go let?
Speaker 20: Go are you?
Speaker 5: Ready it's time for the Rig Burdens.
Speaker 4: Show games all, here let's go, Speedy greg And adler ready for another?
Speaker 6: Hour?
Speaker 4: America we hope you aren't. You we've got our box. Seats they're full today and they come from all. Over. Uh there will be A burgess ball battle before we are done. Today we welcome all of. You thank you for being with. Us they some of them brought goodies and some brought. Gifts some are here from THE Sec baseball. Tournament that's, right and worked in box seats while they came for the. Tournament how brilliantly. Done brilliant that's. Brilliant so well who everybody was rooting for in?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 4: Boys just a different team a lot of different. Teams and, yeah, okay all, right so uh you know we can talk about, it break it down a little, bit play little. Ball so all, right SO i want TO i want to talk about that. Now i'm gonna go real serious and Then i'm gonna go a little lighter on the. Height it's gonna effect you And adler BECAUSE i. DON'T i Think greg's kind of figured this. Out first of, all terrible terrible weather we've had, lately yes all across the viewing and listening. Year if you're you're in The, south it's Been, boy there's been and just these severe thunderstorms for straight line, winds. Tornadoes we're looking at what just happened In kentucky over the, weekend horrible nineteen people killed In kentucky across all the states that you, said what twenty eight that's WHAT i heard yesterday, YESTERDAY i don't. Know but, anyway so know that we're praying for all of you that are still trying to come out of the rubble of those horrible. Storms and they seem just to be popping up throughout the tornado season and severe thunderstorm season and where we all live and where we spend our. Time we've got some more storms coming. Through hopefully the risk level doesn't get too, bad but it may be on a much lighter. Note it may be for you And. Adler what about the, Dome so you both have, Dogs you're in that part of the society that has dogs that lose their minds in thunderstorms and rough. Weather AND i don't know if you've looked at the line of thunderstorms that are going to roll across the country and are rolling across the, Country i'm afraid that you two could experience a rough dog.
Speaker 8: Knot, Yeah, ADLER i was looking at the hourly for where we, live and it is it's, bedtime, buddy we're, sleeping and so that means that we got to either either figure it out before we go to bed or or. Something because you're, RIGHT i haven't look Into jack's, eyes and you can tell if he could, talk that's the dog's. Name, yes if he could, talk he'd be, like could you help a brother? OUT i am freaking. Out SO i try to be sensitive to that because you don't want the dog to be struggling and. STUFF i, mean but you can see in his.
Speaker 4: Eyes like he but there's you, KNOW i, mean it's a big issue though he has the inability to, reason.
Speaker 8: Right i'm just saying you a. DOG i don't want to be, cruel you, know but it's the weirdest thing. Ever he wants to go into the storm and nobody rests in the. House if he's inside and he's back and, forth he's knocking into fans and walking into. Walls it's just a dog is. Here he's, Fine he's, like who's you? Know and then the other one gets thrown outside With. Jack sometimes his name Is, leo and he's, like are you killing?
Speaker 4: Me it's this ain't my. Fault you. Got While i'm out, Here i'm. Trying how many current dogs at your? Three three three three? Three so Ja c's dog is now college college. Cut he came. HOME i called. That, Yeah terry really likes him way too. Much jac's dog and your middle dog or other, dog no, problem no, Problem, jack the old, one he is. Problematic and we do have a set up in the garage where we have a big fan and you, know it's like an jet engine out. There BUT i know they barricaded last. Storm yeah, yeah, yeah came out from under the trailer knocking stuff. Over you, realized you and we were. Talking sleep for us is such a. PREMIUM i mean it is a. Premium, yeah, precious precious. Premium. Yeah And i've. Tried The vet has given us appeal to give. Him, yeah i'd for. DOGS i mean, everything nothing affects.
Speaker 11: Him you got to be ahead of it because once you know it's it's one o'clock and lightning strikes and you all wake.
Speaker 5: Up franklin starts. Barking it's almost.
Speaker 11: Too late to drug, him, right you gotta, start you gotta drug. Him So i'm gonna be Given. Franklin so from what y'all are telling, ME i need to give him some trazodone and probably some ketamine and maybe SOME cbd and maybe Some Jack daniels and some other. Stuff but, Y'ALL i DIDN'T i didn't even even share. This but the other this past, weekend when it started going nuts thundering or, Whatever franklin starts doing that one bark every. Minute it's just once a minute a, Bark and SO i just got up And i'm in my, underwear AND i just was, like, well it's five. THIRTY i got to play drums at church here in about two. Hours i'm just gonna feed the. Dogs i'm down here. Already SO i fed the dogs and it's pouring down. Rain they won't go out.
Speaker 5: Outside i'm in my, underwear And i'm, like, WELL i GUESS i got to lead by.
Speaker 11: Example SO i just walked out into the rain in my underwear like nothing was going. On and the dogs followed me and they did their. Business we went back. INSIDE i then took a towel and dried up and got back in. Bed couldn't go back to. Sleep you, know that'll that kind of thing will wake you.
Speaker 4: Up but be spping wet in the. Rain you're awake, now, yeah god.
Speaker 11: WHAT i set up a little divider in their little room That franklin acts like it's a prison. Cell there's a there's, buddy there's this a love seat in there that looks like a high heeled.
Speaker 5: Shoe like, you you've got you dog?
Speaker 4: Beds where you have? That YES i know where that came.
Speaker 5: From, yes YES i Have NOW i have.
Speaker 11: That BUT i set up a divider AND i used the deer wire like deer, fencing hogwire a lot of people call. It franklin is now chewing through the hog. Wire it is like fourteen grade. Gauge and he's he, all what about the stinking dogs come?
Speaker 4: BACK i can't imagine that these dogs can even remotely bring enough joy to make this Worth it's it's really.
Speaker 8: Frustrating AND i are stay outside most of the, time but you, know in the storm and, stuff it's just a little. Different but he wants to go out the other, day he was raining so, hard AND i went out there BECAUSE i knew he was, Out Like, jack where are you?
Speaker 4: At he's not. Nowhere, also he.
Speaker 8: Comes stumbling around the house in the. Rain, yeah and he's not on any medication or. Nothing he's just laying.
Speaker 4: Out it's soaking. Wet can you keep? Him can? You can you keep him from getting? Out as he got an invisible you, know if he wants to run out in the storm, tonight let him. Row, yeah, yeah let him run. Out they have what you, do then shut the door and go back to.
Speaker 11: Sleep.
Speaker 8: Yeah they have a little porch area where they're they're. Safe they're under stuff and and have the outside furniture they jump up.
Speaker 4: On sometimes you got to let him have what they. Want so they learned that that's a bad, DECISION i, know but going to.
Speaker 11: Learn franklin hasn't learned a thing in his entire. Life my, Goodness franklin is not. Coaching, no he ran out into the storm that last was. Terrible i'm walking around, lost yelling in the, rain wearing a raincoat asking everybody have.
Speaker 5: You seen my weird? Dog my wife is gonna kill me because she loves my, don't but it's her.
Speaker 4: Dog well, you how much of your life Is franklin robbed from?
Speaker 3: YOU a?
Speaker 4: Lot a. Lot he's never embraced.
Speaker 19: You just.
Speaker 4: Real don't forget about that back. Surgery you had to pay for.
Speaker 11: It my, goodness he's the most, expensive weird looking dog on the. Planet. YEAH i could have gotten several pure breads from What i've paid for his back.
Speaker 4: Surgery do you, remember you, Know i've had some great ideas on. Businesses you remember the one were hire a friend where you know? You oh, yeah, YEAH i had friend for, Hire friend for. HIRE i had a couple of different you know, levels you know. YOU i could actually come and sit down at the groom's table and now like we know each, OTHER i could just pass through a little less expensive for a shake can. Congratulations THEN i had, one AND i realized it may be, illegal and that's WHY i stopped. It okay that people in situations like, y'all when it's the wife are the kids and you kind of need the dog to go, away we come and get it and remove it out of your, life, no no questions. Asked it's called dog. Eradicator oh and uh and and you just you'd go all, question, y'all gurg is, here y'all go to the. Park you let me, know hey about to go to the. Park F, yi we come through with a, Van we kidnap the. Dog you never see him, again and then, yes that's real. Sweet and then you get to tell the family we don't know what. Happened you don't get blamed for. It he's. GONE i guess he ran, off and we could help some of you that are struggling like. THIS i, mean this is what about the? Dog this is no way to live on anniversary. Night it won't be what about the dog tonight with the storm's? Coming about my? Wife not with the storm's.
Speaker 5: COMING i think that's just called a dog, catcher by the, way what you're talking.
Speaker 4: About, YEAH i Think i'm just gonna Put jack out about seven well, those but the difference, there the difference in the dog catcher and the dog. Eradicator the dog catcher only catches dogs that are breaking the laws and are St the dog eradicator comes into your private home where the dog is perfectly put, away and takes.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 8: GOTCHA i Think greg A yellowstone. REFERENCE i Think i'm gonna Take jack to the train.
Speaker 4: Station, OH.
Speaker 7: I don't do.
Speaker 3: THAT i can figure that.
Speaker 4: Out i'll be seen an episode or two.
Speaker 11: Now of, COURSE i took the dogs for a walk last night And franklin pe while, walking don't know why you did? That and THEN i look over And kevin is pooping while walking like a, horse just look sneaking it, out sneaking it out in the.
Speaker 5: Street AND i have to go back and pick a. Bag and that's my.
Speaker 1: Life this is The Rick Burgess. Show he was told good luck finding a job that could pay him to be the class Cloud Rick.
Speaker 4: Burgess Sometimes god just has a sense of. Humor here we, go a brand new, Dad thank you for being with, us having a blast to. Day you, Know raycon. Earbuds another great idea For Father's. Day oh picture this picture, This So dad gets The raycon, earbuds then listens to the audio version Of Men Don't run in The rain on the new earbuds For Father's. Day Good sometimes things just come. Together there you, Go so why don't you go right now to Buy raycon dot com Slash Big Vox Memorial. Day here it comes this weekend right behind, that three weeks To Father's. Day we know That dad's teach us a lot some. Things probably mom wishes they didn't teach, us but, ANYWAY i, mean let's face, it no mom has ever asked you to pull her. Finger thank, You, dad that's, Right thank You. Dad BUT i will tell you. This in a world right now where dads don't seem to be, appreciated they don't seem to be, celebrated and normally they're, vilified why not say and? Think why not say thank you to dad with some everyday earbuds from Buy raycon Dot, com Slash Big. Vox let him, relax enjoy the music that he, loves and enjoy an audiobook Like Men Don't run in The rain an archive of The Rick Burgess. Show maybe you, know maybe some using it for his calls while he's doing. Business Crystal Clear sound thirty two hour battery life multipoint, Connectivity, Yes, dad compare two devices at the same. Time also comes with active noise cancelation if, dad you, know because every dad knows how to not hear what's going on this, time it can literally be taken away through the noise cancelation. Option so why don't you go right now to Buy raycon Dot, Com slash Big. Box pick up some earbuds For dad at fifteen percent off cite. Wide they're already about half the price of the other premium audio. Brands So dad will enjoy you telling Him, DAD i got a. Deal all dads love. That, also there's a link at rick burgershow dot com under. Sponsors, okay so a couple of. Things. Uh somebody said that the business THAT i talked, about BUT i don't know that it's legal Where i'm hired to kidnap dogs that are, annoying we do. Take i'm gonna go that it's not we. Too dog, nap not.
Speaker 5: Kidnapping we're not talking about. Kids we're talking about dog.
Speaker 4: Dog, napping or as somebody, says call the business Dog Gone. Enterprises, hello Dog. Gone that's. Good, Okay, oh storms can't get any. Sleep, uh you guys go? Anywhere and oh see that you you' all gonna take the, kids and y'all going to the. Museum, okay we'll be by what time y'all? Leaving, okay all right? Done, uh and uh you leave a little access for.
Speaker 14: Us.
Speaker 4: NOW i want you to know that every dog that we, take we do take them to a rolling farm of multiple acres where they can live out the rest of their lives as dogs. Should, okay this is on your. Fly yeah we're. Not we don't take them and put them down or anything like. That you tell me about the famous. Story all we gave it to a family that has a, farm right. Need he's having the time line and we're willing to provide the paperwork in case you get caught that that's what.
Speaker 8: HAPPENED i love the remedies that are coming in And atli you probably get something over the years because we've constantly been talking about.
Speaker 4: Them work on these. Dogs this is the latest. One here rub a dryer sheet on the dog during the, STORM i, believe thank. You, yes that's also that's also how you you, know that's also a way to maybe give better shots at the gender of your next. Baby so those but it's not on the back The so the the thing this is spawned is a check in on Mister. Chin yeah, yeah how's Mister chin? Doing he can't be looking. Good how many we would we.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't we would know number three, one it's the same. One he's a unique. One so it's water a little. Low it's gonna be. Hard it is it's gonna be no.
Speaker 4: Way what did you do with him over the? Weekend do you take him?
Speaker 10: Home?
Speaker 4: Weakend nobody? Fed he doesn't have to. Be does not go home with?
Speaker 12: That to?
Speaker 5: Watch what's?
Speaker 4: Now what about the? Fish, yeah water a little, dirty it's not. Dirty he's staying on. Top look at chin chins.
Speaker 5: Thriving, yeah look at.
Speaker 14: Him.
Speaker 5: Go these are beta. Fish they live in rice. Puddles they live in puddles and rice. Fields that's where they're. From that's where they're.
Speaker 4: From just that little, bowl all, weaken just by. Himself, okay, fish.
Speaker 11: Okay goldfish will do this thing if if you're familiar with fish where they let something out of their, body if you know WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Mean we know what that what that. Means you don't have to know what that. Means what they do is and.
Speaker 5: Then they'll turn around and they'll look at it and be, like, oh what's. That that looks? Good and they'll eat.
Speaker 4: It you're killing.
Speaker 11: Me and then they'll, say nobody wants to hear that tastes, bad and they'll spit it, out and then then their four second memory resets again and they'll bite it again and spit it.
Speaker 5: OUT i worked at a pet. Store you see it happen all the.
Speaker 16: Time.
Speaker 5: Fish fish have a three second. Memory so for y'all to, say he's.
Speaker 4: Food food food, food that, food that food is that? Food is?
Speaker 5: That that's their.
Speaker 11: Brain that's all they think. About they're not, bored they're. Fine ask, Them wow this is a cool. Bowl two seconds, Later, wow this is a cool.
Speaker 5: Bowl see it's.
Speaker 4: Fine three, Seconds, Greg, great he'll drop THAT i worked at a pet. Store card so. Fast, yes if he ever worked at a pet store In San, antonio that must have been the life wrote A harley. To, yeah that's of course back. Before so. Good that's a bat when he slept as long as he wanted. To, yeah, yeah oh slept so.
Speaker 5: Much but Mister chen is. Great thank y'all for.
Speaker 11: Asking and it's Over memorial, now Over memorial. Weekend somebody's got to take him home so we can talk about who wants to?
Speaker 4: Do, okay we can talk about. That don't talk about it to, Me. Greg you you fed puppies with a, dropper you're probably the most like you take a. Fish that's a. FISH a fish is nothing to a fish is nothing compared to. That, yeah Let lisa meet Mister chin and it won't ever come. Back, then puppies better be glad she lived. THERE i wouldn't have done anything bad with, him BUT i probably would you called dug. Gun, NO i just wouldn't have went through white the process she. Did what would you have? Done she was vetting people anybody wanted. ONE i just if you found a parking lot, game If lisa was not in your, life you would have got the puppies just somewhere to give himway as soon as. Possible, yes, OKAY i agree with that the.
Speaker 5: River in a blanket doesn't.
Speaker 3: Count.
Speaker 4: Greg free to a good? Home, YEAH i love. That we just take people's word That lisa. Didn't but the free to at, home what's somebody going to tell? You don't give it to? Us we got a bad, Home, yeah we got a bad, home clean about to get, it and you tell me to a Good. Yeah nobody comes cleaned about a Bad nobody's open about. That so So chin's doing. Fine.
Speaker 8: Now some people say MythBusters did a thing on goldfish and they have a long term.
Speaker 4: Memory NOBODY i. WANT i want to tell you the same people that claim dogs don't know time and, all how did you? Know did you ask the. DOG i mean, seriously and let's love him really ask Him greg and let's face, it the only person that truly did talk to a. Dog he was, Problematic yes he was for society he did. Not by the, way did you know that he's been, redeemed has come to faith In. CHRIST i know a guy that's a little quick, no. NO i saw him being. Interviewed same guy said dog talk about okay, too shit? Telling, okay the bottom of the.
Speaker 11: Hour, Okay i'm reading here that goldfish have more than a three second.
Speaker 4: Memory it's been you.
Speaker 5: Get studies of it showed that they can navigate mazes and associate actions with. Rewards, well then why do they keep eating their poop over and?
Speaker 3: Over?
Speaker 4: Good that taste? Math that tastes.
Speaker 1: Math this is The Rick Burgess. Show america sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the Air The Rick Burgis.
Speaker 4: Show all, right so we're. Back thanks for being with us. Today by the, way little birthday shout out today To Less bradford From Team Ironhill, press the publisher of all The Man Church, Curriculum devotions and now the new Book Men Don't run in The. Rain we've got so much going on with the new. BOOK i told Last Happy, Birthday now get back to shipping. Books so he's not going to get to do much, today but he's forty three Less bradford forty Three, Greg what was that nickname is doctor? Death doctor? Death his mama gave me when he played so happy birthday. Least what an honor to be on part of this team and what you guys have done is incredible and what's happening with the book JUST i can't thank you enough for trusting me and making it available to. Everybody so hopefully you're all enjoying. That don't forget if you want to sign Copy Father's, day it's limited time on that. One the signed copy list is only available on our websites if you use that, Link and even when you click those links At Rick burgessshow dot, Com themanchurch dot, Com Our burgessministries dot. Com even when you click those, links there's still an option to get a book that isn't signed and a big red link that says click here if you want to sign. Copy and of course that's going to be for a limited. Time so thanks for all your feedback on. That Now speedy thinks he's also found the archive of yesterday's interview With Paul.
Speaker 8: FINBAUM i HAVE espn has it, where so hold, on let me go here and then. Here all, RIGHT i just put it on My instagram, Story Calvin. Speedy it's The paul Fine Bomb show. Archives.
Speaker 4: Uh and it is at the twenty three oh eight. Mark. Uh it, is.
Speaker 8: It's it provides, anyway it's it's each hour of each show and it's audio only, where but it's ON espn dot. Com and then it's like slash, this slash that, show slash. Whatever so to make it, EASY i just had had a click here and it's the twenty three oh eight. Mark you just go there and you start to play it and you just pull it ahead to twenty three oh. Eight the first half is with Uh Pat. Smith but if you'll just pull it, forward then it'll be at the twenty three oh eight.
Speaker 4: Mark so IF i If i'm following you on social, MEDIA i just go to your story or into Your instagram.
Speaker 8: Story yeah, yeah and it's, there and it's. There then it's, there, uh and Then i'll get it to you and we'll find another creative.
Speaker 4: Way that's that's the quickest way so. Far no. Problem, okay so that. Works greg made a declaration That adler took issue with What. Greg greg claims that he loves, chicken not the, animal the, chicken but the chicken animal. Prepared i'm not eating something. Weird you're not even anything. Weird it's not about that you. Might, no he's actually anything.
Speaker 5: WEIRD i got theme song and everything for.
Speaker 4: This you, okay here we, go right?
Speaker 5: Right greg thinks he does like chicken, dies SO i don't. Know SO i brought in several different kinds of chicken because of time for bridge chicken. Chatties, okay.
Speaker 3: What this?
Speaker 4: Challenge you know that it's all, chicken, right?
Speaker 11: Chicken it's all, chicken AND i. COOKED i cooked a couple of different kinds of chicken last. Night if this has got something dumped, IN i, would, YEAH i would eat any of.
Speaker 5: This there's leftovers in the. Fridge i'll eat this is all. GOOD i would.
Speaker 4: Never is this like The pepsi? Challenge? Yes, yeah, yes it's.
Speaker 5: Like The pepsi? Challenge is gridge chicken?
Speaker 4: Chesty and also a look at the green eggs and. Ham so you say you don't like, chicken, GUYS i don't like the way they, look just, listen It's gregg's. Chin, also everybody keeps telling me how great they. Are, well here we, go So adler tell us what tell everybody what's happening?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 10: Right so what?
Speaker 5: Happened?
Speaker 11: Chicken TELL i have six different samples of different types of chicken.
Speaker 4: Here it's all CHICKEN i.
Speaker 5: HAVE i have got to disguised, them so hopefully you don't know what's what do you? Like alabama white?
Speaker 4: Sauce, yes, okay, GOOD i love.
Speaker 11: It Here's alabama white. Sauce Here's BUFFALO i Like buffalo. Chicken here's straight up barbecue. Sauce and then these are playing AND i don't know what my plan is with, those but you got to tell me which ones you, like which ones you.
Speaker 4: Don't but but the thing about it is the sauce is going to have a lot to do with.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 4: Whatever so chicken jall play pieces matched up with what the. Sauce the sauce pieces.
Speaker 5: Like when you when you from the plain, ONES i know what the sauce ones.
Speaker 4: Are So i'm just supposed to eat it from just a bite of. Me you have to eat the. Whole, YEAH i don't want you to eat the whole. Thing all. Right so what's the first? One alabama white. Sauce, okay you like? That he, says that's.
Speaker 5: Good all, right, Okay alabama white. Sauce taste of.
Speaker 4: Sauce, well you don't chase the. Chicken greg's chicken may love chicken, great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay white sauce. Chick all.
Speaker 4: Right what's this? One great buffo got the? Buffalo, okay what about?
Speaker 5: It what a little, spicy little?
Speaker 4: SPICY i like chicken taste the same as the other the, chickens the chickens the. Same now that the sauces are, Good, okay all, right what's this? One it's spark straight. Up he's having a good.
Speaker 21: Time.
Speaker 4: Man he likes. Chicken, man he loved.
Speaker 5: Chick chicken. CHALLENGE i love.
Speaker 4: That hold on right, now you're you forgot even.
Speaker 5: Here this is a chicken, challenge buddy.
Speaker 4: Goose, okay barbecue, yet, okay all right now now now not like the middle one of the. Best so, okay, okay now from left to, right start to from left to, right he's going plane, okay, okay all, right so the left here going straight. Up you just pick it. Up plane number. One mm, HMMM a little dry a little dry little. Sauces why now he's going to the middle in the middle one now swallowed one?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 4: Okay what what a all? Right that's one in two in his, mouth going for three one in. There, yeah but you got to put something new in the sauce is so good on. Them, well that's, fine it's, fine, everybody don't get. Distracted, well here's the. DEAL i know this is gonna. Be WHEN i SAID i didn't like. That that one's the least good the last. One, okay so, one two and three plane you went with two is the?
Speaker 5: Favorite she was a, favorite all. Right?
Speaker 4: Sauce what? Sauce sauce was? Too? Well middle he likes two on both of, them addler sauce and no. Sauce, YEAH i think it was the buffalo.
Speaker 5: Sauce.
Speaker 4: One that's What i'm speaking. Of Is greg's chicken. Challenge, Yes Gregg's Chicken.
Speaker 5: Challenge, YEAH i like a little sa and sang. Man, okay all, right so That's greg's chicken.
Speaker 4: Challenge so what what are we learning here at their Own Gregg's Chicken.
Speaker 11: Challenge let me let me tally failure. Here, okay all, Right so the white sauce was chicken, thighs and you liked.
Speaker 4: IT i liked.
Speaker 11: It the buffalo sauce that was chicken, thighs and you liked, it, alright the barbecue sauce that was chicken, thighs and you liked.
Speaker 5: It all the plain ones those were all chicken, thighs and you hate. It, okay you like chicken. Thies i've been telling you you like damn chicken and even saying, no it's the throwaway garbage.
Speaker 2: Cart you like.
Speaker 5: Him you like chicken. MUSIC i really like you like chicken Thy.
Speaker 4: Now you know how the man they're playing the chicken version Of. SAM i am chicken Thy.
Speaker 1: GEORGE i like them in.
Speaker 4: The box and with.
Speaker 6: Them you like.
Speaker 4: Him chicken died a little, bit don't. You, yeah, organic somebody tell me everybody falls all over this left talking about. It, well do you have a new attitude about?
Speaker 14: It?
Speaker 4: NOW i like, it BUT i want to see him after the COOKED i don't like looking at him. Beforehand, okay nobody asked you. To that's what just. Happened that's very. Good, Okay, okay something right? There did you LEARN i like Chicken Thuugh greg learned? It and he's almost almost he's right there of giving into it that. Metal the white sauce was really good. Too how many how many years he's been against chicken that Decade i've been talking about.
Speaker 5: Chickens she's, like, no you eat.
Speaker 4: Tracks you just couldn't afford the good. Stuff somebody said you got to hit the gavel and make a rolling on. It, yeah, oh here you.
Speaker 5: Go let it be, Heard let it be. Decreed Greg ln's.
Speaker 4: Chickens we be concerned at all That eddler misspelled. Challenge so it's a.
Speaker 5: It's a super and it's also. Chicken AND i was just, LIKE i don't have.
Speaker 4: Time he spelled chicken.
Speaker 21: Rot isn't that?
Speaker 4: FUNNY ai can so?
Speaker 11: SMART i know it could create an image of a of a chicken with a cowboy hat, on but it can't spell the thing THAT i told it to.
Speaker 4: Spell so funny it happens all the.
Speaker 5: TIME i have to be, like, no, no it needs to say. This BUT i didn't have to.
Speaker 1: Break AND i didn't think y'all would catch it.
Speaker 4: By the way we do text. Nations, YEAH i kind of. It thank you a whole new MEAL i can eat there you? Great would you like to say To? ADDLER i like. CHICKENS i like. Chickens thought it's, great. Guys that felt. Good, wow right, again everybody's been trying to tell me THAT i didn't like the way they. LOOK i didn't like the word. Thighs we come back like a.
Speaker 5: Thought i'm a due.
Speaker 10: Guy you?
Speaker 4: Are you always say that kind of a creepy. Way it comes with a grin THAT i was the boy that.
Speaker 1: Weird this is The Rick Burgess. Show get on the. Show no they calling one eight eight eight six big.
Speaker 4: Box here we. Go unscreen phone calls now the new, standard the new standard for engaging the audience via the. Phone the number is eight eight eight six big. Box as Ken osburn just told, you eight eight eight six two four for a six nine unscreen phone. Calls, man you'll hear a, ringing so just be ready when we. Answer let's watch the speaker phones they, feedback and do not have the show cranked up in the. Background you, know once you start calling and you get them ring, in you want to turn all that. Down so we'll get to you at rapid fire as they, come and we'll run through them and screen them on the fly while you are engaging us at eight eight eight six Big. BOX a couple of things you need to be aware. Of we have A burgess ball battle coming up next. Hour also some things to be aware of this. Weekend episode three Of tales from The Camp, house The Burgess Bass battle will be up in for your viewing pleasure. Today an interview that was on location last week is on the YouTube channel With Nick saban And Charles. Barkley that interview is now on the YouTube, channel so you can go catch. That episode two Of We Have Strange. Encounters the new, podcast episode two is there as. Well CAN i say something to Text nation is reaching? Out Says.
Speaker 8: Speedy the link on your story On instagram takes me to order the, book not the. Podcast that's the first. Story, oh the last twenty four, Hours i've had a few. Stories one was ordered the book click. Here one was behind the scenes on the set Of Paul Fine. Bomb then ONE i posted something about Wishing terry happy twenty fifth. Anniversary then the new, story which is the fourth has click here to listen to the. Interview so just kind of click on. Through you're on the first. ONE i s WHY i just Prefer instagram over the story.
Speaker 4: Simpler, well then you've got a thousand, posts but at least they stay there well to work on. That this is just as quick AS i come on to the to the, phones we. Go you're on The Rick Burger. Show unscreened phone. Calls go, ahead three, Clicks, hey big fan, man thank, you thank you very. Much we're doing. Great go.
Speaker 20: Ahead, HEY i just want to give a little thing kind of help my wife out.
Speaker 4: About sunday.
Speaker 19: MORNING i had a dog.
Speaker 9: Missing, uh a beagle Named bagel Playing Lake mitchell exit right there across the street From Country kitchens, said want to put up, yep that is?
Speaker 3: It all?
Speaker 4: Right beagle Named bagel.
Speaker 21: And right off The Lake mitchell.
Speaker 4: Exit, Anybody, hey you might want to call. ME i Got bagel down here at Like. Mitchell that's it that Big. Gary that's, SCARY i, mean Because, gary that's scary ery. WHAT i hope you find the. Dog thank you so. Much it's been a long time since, this deep in my career that we've done and lost. Dogs we used to do a lot of. THOSE i did a lot of those in the early days of OF am Radio LOCAL. AM i hope that Uh bagel came dollar phone, Like, no that's a great good. Call. Uh we called you da on. Text nobody said. THAT i, said you just got to click through, it, Right they, said, well the first picture we saw Was rick With, paul so we thought that was.
Speaker 7: It we.
Speaker 4: Continue it's just thumb on, screen thumb on, screen Thumbost oh there.
Speaker 14: It, is.
Speaker 4: And go ahead and get the book to on that first. Link check that for. You, Listen Rick Burgess show on screen phone, calls go, Ahead, HEY.
Speaker 21: I have a warning for any potential democratic. Operatives when the rabbit left is done with, you they will kill. You tell me a power couple with more dead bodies than Building Clinton Chillery.
Speaker 4: Chillery it's like it was like he weighs in with a warning ever so often about the deep. Steak, yeah, uh we, Continue, uh welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 15: AHEAD i think whenever you do The burgess ball, BATTLE i think you should throw a moneyball in there and have one ball sitting to the side and it be worth like five extra points rather than like two or three.
Speaker 4: Points, okay all, right then okay the underdog get like you grab it and take a shot and if it works out for, you we're playing horse kind like they do on it is It, jeopardy where you know you could do terrible the whole, game but you win that last little thing and you all of a sudden you win.
Speaker 5: It final burgess.
Speaker 4: Ball does that bother you a little?
Speaker 7: Bit?
Speaker 4: Sometimes? Yeah, finally this person has been no good the entire. Time and they did the same thing On Family. Feud yeah they. Did you bring it all. Down then at the, end everybody's got a, shot even if you only ain't got anything. Right we, Continue welcome to The Rick Bergers. Show unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 10: Ahead, hey, uh this Is. WENDY i wanted to Address gregg and the chicken. Challenge i'm a little bit. BEHIND i just watched it AND i forgot it's trying to get somebody to switch from chicken breath to chicken thighs is like getting somebody to get their steak cook with less well. Done my sister always tells them to cook it well, done and then she can't eat. It so it's because it's so hard and. Tough, Yes AND i tell her that's because you cook it too.
Speaker 6: Long you can't tell her.
Speaker 4: Nothing i'm trying to follows anything to do With, yeah but thank you for the. CALL i think you just wanted, to you, know let your sister hear how you feel about. It this you don't like cooking, Steak this is an opportunity for me to dog my sister and.
Speaker 3: Uh we.
Speaker 4: Continue, Uh welcome to The Rick Birders. Show unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 15: Ahead, hey this Is Mary Kay, Birmingham.
Speaker 6: Alabama.
Speaker 19: RICK i had a.
Speaker 3: Question, okay is your.
Speaker 6: Book not available on audible? Yet i've been. Looking, no it's.
Speaker 4: Not it should be. There they told me this that we released on the thirteenth Of, may and they Said audible usually drags about three weeks. Behind, okay just making.
Speaker 5: SURE i thought that was odd.
Speaker 6: WHEN i just see.
Speaker 4: It, yeah it is coming. There it will be, there just not as quick as the, OTHERS i guess because they're so huge and they have such a vast, library it takes a little. Longer but they said it will be there about three weeks from the. Release so it released on the.
Speaker 6: Thirteenth, okay, Cool Thanks, rick all.
Speaker 4: Right thank you appreciate your interest in.
Speaker 6: It we.
Speaker 4: Continue you're on The Rick Burgess. Show on screen phone, calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir so, meny some friends were talking if you were a concert promoter and you had to have five bands doing a show that the bands had to either be have a member of the band that was, gay like the, singer or the band that's. Gay which five would you?
Speaker 4: Pick, well you, Know queen's gonna? Headline so, yeah And i'm not familiar with the sexuality of all. Bands, no so that one got a gay singer in. Mine Now i'm trying to think of a gay. Drummer, well so he said that we could have a gay singer or just anybody in the band be. Gay, NO i thought you had the whole, band the whole, band the whole. Band isn't that what he? SAID i thought he said lead singer are the? Band? RIGHT i don't. KNOW i don't know why we're even. Debating so we got the village, people we Got queen Wam wam's. Great there you. GO i don't like, them BUT i guess i'm judish. Priest. Wow, yeah for a bit of a, change a little different, style Mister, Lucky i'm. Sorry see, HERE i Mean Elton john's. Cool, yeah, yeah is he a band? Though and then lead singer of a band?
Speaker 5: Act not?
Speaker 4: Really George michael's, cool he, said, Wam oh you, Did? Sam, Yeah So Tracy. Chapman oh there you.
Speaker 5: GO i Love Tracey, chapman.
Speaker 4: But she's not a. Band rick's, Okay, GREG i mean you gotta have one. More i'm trying to get out of. This oh you.
Speaker 5: You you could have in Sync Lance?
Speaker 3: Bass?
Speaker 4: Yes is that well? KNOWN i always thought that was an unfortunate last name for so well. Known yeah it's, public, Okay greta Van fleet the lead, Sing oh, yeah, yeah, YEAH i forgot that. Happened yeah, yeah yeah. Forgot when did this? HAPPEN i? HAD i had to go To. GREG i knew one first TIME i saw the way, DRESSED i, thought, huh and then you, thought, what it's a cool. SONG i don't know about this guy up. Front somebody wants to jumping around like a known. Guys you'll KNOW i hate r em so. MUCH i don't THINK i can put him in the. Lineup, yeah but that what you're? Right that would?
Speaker 5: Count?
Speaker 3: Wait why?
Speaker 5: Wait wait you're telling me that this guy's.
Speaker 4: GAME i ain't saying.
Speaker 5: Now but, yeah they're a great led zefinitely cover.
Speaker 2: Band, NO.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: About, That sorry about it. Now the song lyrics feel so different, now so.
Speaker 1: He just that was just his, buddy this is The Rick Burgess. Show you better listen.
Speaker 14: Up you know what we.
Speaker 4: Say, Loss i'm gonna tell you we gotta find.
Speaker 1: Yeah broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess. Show, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah here we Go, america brand, New, Howard thanks for being with a Speedy Greg. Gambler all. Here The foxes are packed out today and all we'll get right to it this. Hour they brought, goodies they brought. Gifts those of you that didn't bring anything certainly no reason to do. That of, course the others. Did they felt it in their. Hearts and your tickets are free but never fell. Out, Again let's get right to. It we are read. Speedy i'm gonna go. Ahead let me let me get this set up BECAUSE i know you've got to head over to the court for The Burgess Ball. Battle we we have the box seats. Here. Uh it feels intense in, here a lot of them here for THE Sec baseball tournament that is starting this. Weekend, uh so you can kind of feel a little competitive, nature uh is in the air for The Burgess Ball. Battle So, Speedy i'll send it over to you at The Burgess Ball court to tell us who'll be playing. Today all, Right.
Speaker 8: Uncle greg chose two numbers out of the, hat and it's this is. Crazy we've you, know we had a husband and wife that were you, know went against each other and the wife ended up. Winning oh, YEAH i remember. That NOW i think we have mother Daughter emily And Gracie. PARKER i can't believe.
Speaker 4: This one and two One emily And grace park saying so they know that family, wise they're gonna get a spind one for the money and one just to be. Embarrassed and we've made fun and scoffed. At, yeah we got some elbow and already going on over, here already, moving you're just. Ball you hate to see a, daughter all. Right so you each have your own, goal, okay and you've got thirty seconds twenty? Seconds is that's? Two the last ten seconds it counts as, three And i'll tell you when to. Go wait for the appause the crowd and go.
Speaker 8: ALRIGHT i Got emily And gracey going head to head here nobody has, scored and, wow we've got a lot of. Bricks, okay there Goes. Gracey gracy is. Up gracie's beating mama to four to. Nothing oh my, Goodness. GRACEY a lot of screaming right. Now gracie is Is oh, Great gracey is Blanket. Mama it's ten, Nothing gracey Over.
Speaker 5: Mama this is getting.
Speaker 4: Ugly mama had made. One it is sixteen to, nothing seventeen sixteen to. Nothing gracie just beat mama sixteen to nothing to Win Burgess. Ball oh, my, gracious what a? Scump good not should?
Speaker 5: It she had just beat?
Speaker 4: You she made you like. It Oh, god that's the worst beating In Burgess ball we've ever. Seen we we have we have ever, seen and that that one right there was. Ugly let me tell you, Something. Gracy i'm glad your mama didn't have to make a free throw for some medicine you needed or. SOMETHING i, mean that's a terrible thing to, say but it's just, say, mama please play, One, mama.
Speaker 1: Please my need about?
Speaker 14: It make it?
Speaker 4: Okay all? Right so So, gracie here's the. Deal, okay when you're, READY i want you to scream loud enough for everybody to hear it's will to, me. Okay and THEN i want you to spend that wheel AND i want everybody pulling For. Gracie that that whill is going to give her some. Money it could land on a, bundle which means you win a. PRIZE i could land on the bit where we just entertain everybody and you get. Nothing it could land on bucks and then you would win. Money. Wow all, right WHEN i point to, you let me hear this hurry money and money's trying to help. You all, right scream. Out it's will to me and spend. It see right, ahead it's will to. Me all, right there we, go we got here we. Go, Oh, gracey here you. Go Oh, gracy it's a good. Spin it's a good. Spin it. Is come, On, Gracy. Gracy, okay we keep saying all for your dad your.
Speaker 5: Bullet well it's not five hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars well it was two clicks from five hundred. Dollars so you will get a signed copy Of Men Don't run in The, rain the brand new. Book, yep we'll have that for. You you also get an everybody gets an eight by ten today of the members of the. Show not a lot of value to that, either but the. Book, honestly because right, now the way it's, Moving, gracey there's a way to make money off of. Them, YEAH i think that there's a chance that we run out of books and people will still want one and you can put it in an eBay make some. Money it's just something to. Consider, Uh so we'll congratulations on the. Wind now let's bring mama. Up who scored zero points Nine Gracie emily scored zero, points not a. Point mama made. One so now it's not will to. Me and let's see What mama would have won if she could have. Mustard, WELL i don't want to say a few, shots any. Shots, okay this is what you would have. Won, say it's not will to. Me to, me he'll see what happened, there she. Goes y'all know this is gonna come up, money, Right, yeah he's gotta have to you. Know we all know, that don't. We all, right let's let's see what happens to. You you're close to the book, Again, okay coming around What, Okay, okay she would have worn some. Merch you would have won some merch from the Rick, bird just show, store just BALL t shirt or. So, okay all, right so you're not going to get it. In, well But gracie can say that she beat mama sixteen to. NOTHING i, mean it wasn't even. CLUB i, Mean i've never seen anybody Play Burgess Ball battle and not make a. SHOW i, mean so you're you're in a you're, First you're you're in a very elite. Group all, right let's go to.
Speaker 14: The Big.
Speaker 4: So we're going to the Big boy. Microphone they're in the box seats, today and we said hello to him from all Across. America uh and uh, so uh we already know your, names both of, You emily And Gracie. Parker uh so uh and speak right up in the mic or IF i can hear? You where where are you? From, Alabaster, Alabaster? Alabama so so that's local for those of you that don't know around the. Country so do you have any questions or shout?
Speaker 23: Outs SO i wanted to give her a shout. Out she has made a by on a row all year. Long she has since school to be here.
Speaker 4: Trap she made.
Speaker 23: It and she just finished up Wreck ball twelve you and got two game. Balls so that's why she's a sports person and does better THAN i. Do and she is just finished up her theater debut At sign Of Music, wow and so she keeps me very. Busy but Where i've been here to the new, studio AND i wanted to bring her AND i was showing the guys in the break thirteen years. Ago twelve years, Ago greg held her at The Sports stars that's old.
Speaker 4: Studio And, GREG i saw that picture of YOU a little, HEAVY a lot of, Heavy, yeah a. Lot WHEN i see you every, DAY i didn't. Know, yeah when you look back than you, CAN i get that. Picture it was one of those good news bad. News you looked young but. Heavy, YEAH i like breath, right of COURSE i looked at the heavy, myself but that's. Normal, well thank you both for being here, today and we enjoyed having. You and congratulations on the big.
Speaker 5: Win, yeah AND i also wanted the book.
Speaker 24: Like a personal.
Speaker 6: COPY i have it downloaded on my, phone.
Speaker 4: Personal. Copy. Today we made that, happen all, Right up, Next Todd, gardner Where's todd D do you come on up to the old big? Boy mike and the next two wed come on up and just you Have Everett gardner And kevin Ll, no Just, Everett, LUKE i, Say, Luke Luke, janey all, Right Luke janey And Everett, gardner y'all come up to all, Right so we'll start with, You todd welcome to the. Program yeah, yeah thanks for the, Hoodies, Todd yeah.
Speaker 24: Yeah So i'm going to give a shout out to my, Wife, emily who is a super fan and She rhyn's our family's rollerskating, rink The Catholic Family Skating, Center, Stafford. Virginia SO i came all the way to to see you and and a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of. Baseball so who do y'all pull?
Speaker 24: For my dad went to The university Of, Texas so hook them number, one see number.
Speaker 4: One not, bragging not, bragging it's just how they see. It and so you brought us hoodies to have the logo of the skating rink on you got? It you heard you heard our skating rink prowess. Student yeah, yeah it's still.
Speaker 24: Well and, strong and you, KNOW i might be able to, u you, know wriggle some free passes for you, too If.
Speaker 4: I'm in the area And i've come over and so you got. It that's. GOOD i THINK i still got any any other questions your shout outs with the guys, here.
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 4: Right well there they, Go, emily thank you for those great yews. Today all, right so let's now bring Up. Kevin there come Big camp, yeah it's, WELL i, said well cro, crots well like. Spell oh, yeah it looks like brought to me. That oh there's A, Okay i'm SO i thought it was a G well, no just, seth don't ignore the next time they say it's time to come in for. Exam. Yeah, So, kevin where did you have a? Nickname And mississippi more Than? Mississippi, okay Mississipi. Mississippi so do you have any shout out your, questions.
Speaker 17: Just shout out to the, Family my beautiful, Wife Felicia Chloe Wiley cooper as the, kids And baba And nana as the.
Speaker 4: Grandparents did you bring anything? Today bought the trash and the barba. Cookies now he says, trash what he means is checks, mixed homemade checks. Mixed was your dad's? Recipe that was a friend of the, fan friend of the, family and you said they'd make it in six gallons.
Speaker 17: The original RECIPE i quartered that, one but the original recipe is it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: Big and you brought those cookies to brought the. Cookies, oh thank, you my mama's famous. Sugar, so, so what is your? Story how did you find the?
Speaker 17: Show it was through A fistful Of dirt podcast nice and he came on the show AND i wanted to listen to his interview with you guys On rick And. Baba SO i found the show through, that and THEN i started listening to you guys as.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, great you like the new. Show that's. Great well look behind you at the base Of Big. Boy you want to give it a? Ring oh the go? Ahead, nice there it is So Kevin, crackwell thanks for being with. US i got to rock that, town don't kim. Uh we come. Back we have others to meet that are in the box seats. Today we'll say hello to Them, Malory, Troy seth And jenny when we come back and we continue another edition Of The Rick Burgess. Show we thank you for being with.
Speaker 1: Us this is The Rick Burgess. Show the people who don't like this, show you wouldn't like, anyway The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show, yeah come, in you don't miss, anything all. Right so we're still saying hello to the vox. Seats we've had The Burgess Ball battle. Today we've had a. Winner Gracie parker won it and she got herself a, signed personalized signed copy Of men don't running the rain off the, wheel and then she'll be settling it On eBay when we run out of, stock so in a roundabout, way she wont. Catch so there you. Go other vox seeds that we need to still sing hello.
Speaker 19: To but.
Speaker 4: So malorie And troy Britt is Sent britt making their way to the big boy. Microphone hello to The britt. Family how are you?
Speaker 3: All we're?
Speaker 4: Good, yeah so any questions shout? Out so you think y'all want to do?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 7: Well im an shout out to my mom and my, Dad lynn and high. School they've been listening a long. Time and then shout out to my Brother witt and his future Wife, emily who are getting married in two. Weeks, yes we're find out To montana for.
Speaker 4: That wring In. Montana that's not too.
Speaker 7: Bad, yeah not at, all so we're super. Excited and then just shout out to our neighborhood, crew our neighborhood, street all our. Friends they know who they. Are we're From, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea. Alabama and then we brought you, Guys curtsey of.
Speaker 4: Yesterday it. Works, yes rich, crackers, whizz we brought that for. You just came alive didn't. He, yeah he just came. On thank you for show.
Speaker 8: Up And Jack jack he's married into our family and he's actually taught me quite a bit about, trapping.
Speaker 4: Trapping and who and who's this house right here looking sharp? Today they should be, Here so, Now, jinny are you with?
Speaker 9: Them?
Speaker 7: Tom Jenny fri brought her For Mother's?
Speaker 4: Day thank? You, yeah so you have any shout out your? Question, Yeah i'd like to say a shout out to my sweet, Husband Wally. Franklin what And i'd like to say a shout out to. Y'all, oh we stand in for The. Lord, well thank you For. America nothing else gonna matter as far as The lord part.
Speaker 11: Is and that's.
Speaker 4: Right, well thank. You uh you, know we had a Picture. Gracie they brought a picture Of gracey that they've been here thirteen years ago she was a. Baby, Well seth also brought something from the. PAST i thought i'd share with. You what have you?
Speaker 5: Done you've released the crack in the.
Speaker 4: World will you please explain? Everything what did you just?
Speaker 14: Do all?
Speaker 4: Right so he remember we were BEATING i was beating food up on those show one.
Speaker 7: Time, yeah and so we were taking it back to the Daily documentary.
Speaker 4: Days it was documentary so you, yeah you brought bread just For greg to. Destroy thank you for. THAT i needed. THAT i feel. Better Let Troy lee throw it the.
Speaker 8: Ducks that was really close to to like coming. Apart of course you weren't strong enough to GET i Guess i'm not again. Weak you can go feed the ducks with.
Speaker 16: IT i.
Speaker 4: Can, yeah so did you see?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 4: Wow, yes and there you remember? That, yes loved.
Speaker 5: It Fashion days and you drop drop the people's elbow on the.
Speaker 4: BREAD i forgot about.
Speaker 3: That when.
Speaker 4: He's really. Frustrated it's.
Speaker 19: GOOD i.
Speaker 4: Know we got a tip.
Speaker 11: Window and there Are canadian geese at the pond right over here for you guys if we want to actually do something with the.
Speaker 3: Bread.
Speaker 4: Stop by the, way do you ever have those people that correct you when you call It canadian? Eat it's really Just. Canadians, no It's, Canada canada. Geese that was correct you on something That yeah It's. Canada you know WHAT i? Say if they came From, canada They're. Canadians and here There canadian geese and cram.
Speaker 11: It Gray tropy was with me the other day after The bible. Study we went and fed the geese and with some bread that somebody had brought and we're throwing out, bread.
Speaker 5: Thrown out, bread And ruby.
Speaker 11: Goes so you do this every, day AND i was, like no time that my first, time first after, WORK i just go and feed the. GEESE i just happened to bring her along that. Time, no not every, day, Baby.
Speaker 3: No not every.
Speaker 4: Day, well thank you for being here. Today. Been thank, Y'all thank, you thank.
Speaker 20: You throw.
Speaker 7: BACK i go back y'all with, y'all like to two thousand and Eight turkey. TOSS i want a turkey for that one country song or it.
Speaker 5: Ain't oh, yeah you.
Speaker 4: Won, yes, congratulations you got quite we're long time, fans and you us digging the new. Show we. Are we love.
Speaker 7: It we pull it up on YouTube every.
Speaker 4: Morning oh thank. YOU i WAS i was checking how everybody gets a. Show it's all over the. Road it, is it. Is you got to have all of it. Now oh, yeah we gotta try this out. There you gonna about who wants to Try i'm gonna try. It Make greg eat. It here Comes, Speedy he's gonna take the cheese wiz and try this. Thing after so much food back There i've been. EATING i, KNOW i, Know, greg you like. That you can gonna get a picture over there With. Grace it's gonna like the OPEN i. Know and have y'all seen the sausage squares that not only have the, sauces but the Egg get your piece and they're fresh. Eggs get you one, piece all? Right, now hold it. STILL i don't have a. Glass gad you know those are eggs that they do. Fresh you Know rick's talking about doing. That, No, No i'm. Not, Okay, speedy you can't beat you put cheese wis in the. Floor, no this. Garbage, okay hold it like, That, Greg YOU'RE i don't want to Hold he've been on your. Skinners you don't want to Touch speedy's? Hands what you turn it upside?
Speaker 14: Down you?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh oh the trick? That what do you think we're? Doing?
Speaker 5: Greg we're just gonna eat? Crackers all?
Speaker 4: Right you Think i'm mad At greg right now saying that. VIDEO i want to punch him that in the video ain't. Right you got to get in there the knife and cut it. OUT i think you just put it underneath from the middle hole and put a little. Pressure you don't have to stick it up through. There you don't, now you're, right it's not, Working, greg just because you're a. Cracker but we needn't know about. Crackers this crackers About greg that.
Speaker 5: You touched it with touch with what he called you think his hands are?
Speaker 15: Dirty, yeah.
Speaker 1: Scratching it will be right. Back this is The Rick Burgess, show the only show hosted by An oxford, graduate Well Oxford High. School The Rick Burdgers show.
Speaker 4: Counts we're. Back thanks for being with Us. America. Man we've gone through a lot today on the. Show any part of the show you, missed go back and grab it on our daily, archives either on the YouTube channel or on the podcast, channel or maybe a little of. Both both of them feature a best of our as. Well Including BLAZE tv, subscribers you get a best of. Hour, also the clip of The Saban Charles barkley interview from last week is now on the YouTube, channel so if you want to go grab, that you can tell us from the Camp. House episode, Three The Burgess Bass, battle as the show enters into our own bass tournament that will be coming out this, weekend just in time for The Memorial day long, weekend so you can enjoy that with family and. Friends, greg how'd you say last, night, Buddy i'll tell you. WHY i know WHAT i want to tell everybody why helixs mattress took the sleep quiz took the sleep. Quiz didn't take, long didn't two? Minutes two? Minutes really minute and a, half about a minute and a, half ninety ninety seconds heliksleep dot com slash Big Vox right, now you go. There the sleep quiz gives them the information they need to customize a mattress for. You it's a Big Memorial day sell twenty seven percent off if you use OUR u R l Helix sleep dot com slash Big vox twenty seven percent. Off they ship it right to the. Door, okay you got one hundred nights to sleep on. It if you don't like, it they'll refund the. Money and they've got stuff for. Children they've got big and, tall you name, it they got. IT i also want to know what you want on affirm if you want a soft, mattress medium. Firm all this information they get really quick and here comes that. Mattress so you could be sleeping better and for A Memorial. Day why not save money he loiksleep dot com Slash Big box or go To Rick burges's show right there under the sponsors so. Speedy SOMETHING i want to address on the Text. Nation i'm getting more more of this THE i have an interview scheduled today on part of the BOOK pr a little tour that we're, doing uh with the great organization that keeps got us booked on a lot of cool, stuff and there's more to. Come we're just getting. Started. Uh everybody, saying, hey just heads Up Baptist Global. News you know they're they're a little bit to the left and they're a little more of a liberal source and all, that and but but WHAT i would say that thank you by the way for letting me know. That but but honestly that that's. FINE i mean because the book is the, book and it says what it, says and you, know we we stand on what we. Are AND i, mean as long as they ask questions AND i answered them about the, Book i'd love to go on that. Platform as a matter of, fact right, now if you're about, to AS cnn OR msnbc called me and say can we interview about the, Book i'd say, absolutely how soon CAN i get on? There BECAUSE i think those are the places we need to go and and, uh you, know and share some of the things that are that are in the. Book i'd love to do. That so So i'm looking forward to that opportunity today AND i think it might might be, interesting it might be. Great so thank, you, THOUGH i appreciate all of.
Speaker 14: You let me know.
Speaker 4: That all, Right So, SPEEDY i understand speaking of Text, Nation, yeah they saved you some. Money and, boy if you Save speedy, money you're gonna get a shout. OUT i mean.
Speaker 8: That's like you offer an adler to Keep. FRANKLIN i mean that's a bed one you REMEMBER i said. That this Past, SATURDAY i had a work day at my parents. House got back there AND i Had welcome to the, jungle AND i hit something with the hedge, tremor uh doing doing the bushes in the. Back it was a little metal horse that was that was just in there AND i didn't see, it and the hedge tremor locked, up and the teeth and all that nothing would. Move and So i'm, like oh, No and SO i tried to pry off and all that nothing, work and and somebody gave me a tip about unscrewing, uh the the hedge tremor, uh and loosening it halfway and and then oiling it up real good and turning it on while while it's half, loose, basically and something in there obviously that lodged together had bent up and it would it, would it would jump. Loose WELL i did that and then and then hit it with the hammer just once or, twice and it broke. Loose and and now thing works like a charm BECAUSE i was already looking for new hedge.
Speaker 4: Tremors well how did the text nation even know? THIS i don't recall us EVEN i BROUGHT i brought it. UP i brought it up in someone six oh, one thank.
Speaker 14: You.
Speaker 4: Uh they, said, hey this is what you need to.
Speaker 8: Do something obviously is lodged in, there or it got jammed up because it hit that, metal and it's just it won't let. Go and so just halfway into, it but hit it with a bunch of. Oil and SO i did, yesterday and, man that, thing just that thing came. Loose AND i was already looking at some you, know they ranged awhere from one hundred and fifty three hundred. DOLLARS i got things to, DO i, MEAN i, MEAN i got things to. Do AND i was looking and trying to maybe take it somewhere getting rid of a, chainsaw cause a chain fell. AW i came in the house with Grease ali over my, hands Told, TERRY i, said.
Speaker 4: Small engine repair. Man, yeah, Yeah i'm a little. Disappointed didn't ask me to come over and fix. It, WELL i needed more than a. Screwdriver, no not just in screw, Driver philip, Said AND i also have a cressent. Wrench go ahead and get you a flathead thy. Way mm. HMM i MEAN i haven't run up on anything that My philip, said or my cressure ridge can't stop after AND i have An Alan rinch, too in case you need YOUR.
Speaker 8: Tv, yeah after doing that any, FURNITURE i kind of, like, well how CAME? I how COME i couldn't reason this?
Speaker 4: Out you? Know but thank? You it was just a very nice. Comment on Text, Nation well how about that saved. You there's no greater gifts you can Give speedy than the gift of savena is six o. One glad it worked out for, you but good for, you by the. Way also on Text, nation people keep from keep saying that on The Glenn back interview THAT i sounded Like DICKY. Nadm hear, That SO i can't wait for they saying you just made like one, statement or they saying the entire interview you were digging Admar. WELL i know it's out. THERE i listened to. IT i never thought that what if you'd Been beth mowing dearing? It, No, Greg i'd like like for somebody to continue mowing the. Yard she can't, use yourn't, Work, Clint what a pleasure to be on with you. Today you're. Scared you're scaring Little troy Or troy. Scared just got coming off the field from a softball game for the. Women so, YEAH i can do, football, softball, BASKETBALL i can do it. All I'm Beth.
Speaker 8: MOWENS i did catch her in the N cua a softball tournament that's going on.
Speaker 4: Now she she had a game or. Two that's a, deal how about. You but she's she's good with that. Though you know women's, softball that's a that's a good. Game that's a boy, flying but it's it. Is it's fun to. WATCH i don't know how they throw the ball with that kind of. VELOCITY i mean my arm would come, off BUT i know that's more of a natural. Motion don't they? Pitch AND i already know that they can pitch one hundred in, IT i know because it's a nice, emotion but it just looks. Odd, YEAH i, mean to be, ACCURATE i. UNDERSTAND i could you know the Velocity indy and being accurate to and uh and and you know when they play small ball a little bit and all the bunny and the running the bases and slappers those.
Speaker 8: Slappers, YEAH i know they might be crying, inside but their attitude is so much better. Too yeahs, us, guys we can get we get pretty pretty. DOWN i mean they might be oh for three to two outs bottom of the, Seventh they're, like let's.
Speaker 6: Go this is.
Speaker 4: Chanting they'll.
Speaker 11: Chatter this is that pitch from the lady ball that so hard had the fastest. Pitch it was seventy eight miles an hour bringing.
Speaker 4: It, Man, okay everybody's saying the beginning of the interviews WHEN i sounded light that he wouldn't the whole.
Speaker 5: Interview, yes JUST i.
Speaker 4: Agree that's why would you come out of sound like you? Did why did you do?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 4: REALLY i think it was in Road. TED i, MEAN i, Know, greg here's one those things you're about to pull the curtain. Back oh, GREAT i mean you remember that time we had the interns that were, like, yeah you, guys this is a true story from the three decades Of rick And. Bubba We we literally had interns THAT i left the room and Then Dicky nadmire was being interviewed on the, phone and they THOUGHT i left with. US i didn't Like dicky. Nadburh rick really hates. Him, look he don't like that. GUY i noticed that every time we have him, On rick leaves every. Time, yeah every time he hates. It and they were so serious they were, LIKE i don't like? Him what?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 4: UH i think maybe maybe it's instinct because when WHEN i do, THAT i go to the office and pick up the office, phone AND i, think since that.
Speaker 3: One of the.
Speaker 4: Largest glenn and stew thank you for having me, On Love My, Daddy Love My. BOOK i WISH i could find the recording of. THAT i got it is?
Speaker 14: This it is?
Speaker 4: It, OKAY i got to hear it asking you shall.
Speaker 11: Say it does sound Like Dicky nadmar the whole time or just the. Beginning, okay all? Right uh facebook muted every time you pause? IT i, mean, Why, okay here you you did it.
Speaker 5: Again, well it apparently there's this football, team.
Speaker 4: Big football, team and this guy Named Bill burgess was a coach and a player there for a long. TIME i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i Know rick From rick And bubba previously With rick And bubba is here and this this is his.
Speaker 5: Dad so try to try to just, say, OKAY i you, know let's just pretend we know who his dad.
Speaker 4: Is, yeah welcome to the.
Speaker 15: Program oh my, goodness here you to talk about football is.
Speaker 4: Agonizing, yeah agonizing His but you should have heard, him, mister trying to talk about. Football it was. Painful it was awful that something you to talk about football is agonized talking about it sounds just like a road tad Agon that was. Agonizing but you got out of it quick THAT i come out of that more. SO i sure. Hope.
Speaker 5: YES i played the whole thing in the breaks yesterday and it was. Great you did a fantastic, Well.
Speaker 4: Glen you could Tell glenn had no idea what the book was, about and and and he's got dad playing for The steelers or, something but we got it all worked. OUT i was would have started With larry's voice and freaked him. Out, larry you Do, LARRY i don't Do. LARRY i can Do, larry, right that's not Bad larry And. Patches, Yeah i'll tell you, Sorry we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick. Show they are the. Uncles your parents warned you about The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show all, Right, america you think we can make this? Happen come, on.
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 4: Right so if you miss any part of the, show don't forget the daily. Archives you can get those on the podcast channel or on the YouTube channel every. Day any part you Miss and if you missed any of the show, today as is the, norm you missed a, lot so go back and grab. That are this run down some things in the old food. World we talk about food a lot And greg just today had to admit that he does like chicken, thighs which was a big moment. Today thank You adler for. That here's some. Headlines i'll go through. These rapid fire ingredient linked to dementia found in popular food product used over two hundred Million. America i'm. Sorry the Product. Ziplock, ziplock the popular brand of food bags and. Containers the time just said one in my. Hands well that is just now explains they're now at the center of a troubling health, controversy stupid class action. Lawsuit no surprise, here guess who's filing. It this won't surprise. You. California california is in trouble. Financially we learned this during The buzzbox coffee campaign when they would look at every bag of coffee that went Through. California they try to find some way to put some kind of charge on, it some kind of fine based on some short ingredient they deem. Dangerous is this it is there an ingredient in the? Plastic what's, yeah the plastic zip block. Bags this is the, allegation may release. Harmful here it comes micro plastical.
Speaker 5: Plastics here we go release release. Adler you know where they go and once they're in your. Body i've heard zip block two, places bombshell.
Speaker 4: Study he wants to say it so bad.
Speaker 5: You two very important.
Speaker 4: Places say, buddy this is a big, one AND i know it's Gonna that's Why i'm doing it at the last segment That i'll be working, today so THAT i won't have to take all the fighting and the. Disagreements and it's one of those areas you can not allowed to speak. To apparently bombshell study reveals how common foods are driving the epidemic of. Autism, now before we go any, further this was this was said years ago by very respectable, doctors one of the most prominent out Of Baylor. University the reason why we know there's some sort of insult involving the autism spectrum to now is it is impossible to have a genetic. Epidemic it can't just be. Genetics the numbers would not be where they. Are we don't know what it, is AND i don't pretend to know what it, is but there's been something that is a link because you cannot have a genetic. Epidemic, okay that's not. Possible, yeah so let's all agree that on, that and then we can go from. THERE a common food in seventy percent Of american dots may be fueling this, spectrum which would include dementia as well as autism and even mental illness of other. Kinds this is linked to no surprise here those upfs ultra process, foods everything from chips to even to protein bars that many times you think are, healthy they raise the rate and possibility of some sort of disorder, mentally it says once again the hidden. Culprit maybe say it with, me micro plastastic. Process they contain significantly higher concentrations of microplastics than whole. Foods That i'll let all of y'all argue that. Out you're leaving us out with. That today is everything to blame on. Microplastic microplastics are coming to get. Us you know where it goes With, Russia With russia And ukraine started by micro. Plastic everybody knows. That now from the video, world is rall milk? Safe is raw milk? Safe here is a medical doctor breaking down the risk of raw. Milk and this Is Paul.
Speaker 11: Saladino were here he goes With italian micro stick. Out, yeah you know where the microplastic.
Speaker 5: Goes, oh, OKAY i got it in your, BODY.
Speaker 11: I got, It, NORTH i got, it And i've got you just in Sales north in, Sound i've got.
Speaker 5: It here's policy and. Talladein i'm talking about.
Speaker 25: Ram raw milk safe to. Drink, well let's look at some actual daw make an informed decision about. This looking at data from The center For science and The Public interest the C spi from two thousand to two thousand and, seven the numbers are pretty shocking when you look at. Them your chance of getting sick from pasteurized.
Speaker 4: Milk is point zero zero one one.
Speaker 25: Percent your chance from getting sick from drinking raw milk point zero zero one zero six.
Speaker 4: Percent they're both very very small.
Speaker 25: Numbers your chance of being hospitalized from drinking raw, milk according to this C spi, data is less than one in six. Million this is a little, morbid but your chances of dying in a car accident are seven hundred and fifty times higher than your chances of getting sick from drinking raw. Milk how do your chances of getting sick from drinking raw milk compared to your chances of getting food born illness from other.
Speaker 5: Foods, well you have one.
Speaker 25: Hundred and fifty percent higher chance of getting sick from eating shellfish than you'd do from drinking raw. Milk and there's a higher chance of dying from eating raw oysters than there is of getting sick and need to be hospitalized from drinking raw. MILK i just wanted to set the record straight because there's a lot of people talking about how dangerous raw milk, is but when you really look at the, data it's a very very small risk compared to things we do every single day in our.
Speaker 5: Lives so in terms of the.
Speaker 25: Decision of whether or not you want to drink raw or pasteurized, Milk i'll leave it up to.
Speaker 4: You but cheers to raw.
Speaker 25: Milk i'm drinking it.
Speaker 4: Today do you do raw? MILK i don't know where to get. IT i don't get. It i'll just get straight off the. Teet, cow get your big old. BUCKET i don't think, now Did? Jenkins you know how you can get it from? Bones? WELL i don't know then that cow die he? Did yeah about?
Speaker 13: That bring?
Speaker 4: Up that's. All that's a horrible. Story that's a terrible. Story what? Happened you don't want to? Know, boy you awful?
Speaker 8: Story if you think bearing a hamster? Stuff you, know have you ever been told a? Story it just keeps gett. Worse you think it's, over and it keeps getting.
Speaker 4: WORSE i kept thinking the story was gonna take some sort of. Turn, yeah but he at one time he could get you raw. MILK i probably shouldn't have brought that up. Today, yeah you're just gonna need to get a cow put in your. Backyard get a, cow, chicken love, it put it back. There by the.
Speaker 5: Chickens, Yeah i'm barely taking care of this.
Speaker 4: FISH i don't know IF i should add it is honest about Mister. Chin he's, Struggling he's not. Struggle why don't you just go ahead and flush Mister?
Speaker 5: Chen why would you do that to?
Speaker 4: Him don't? You why don't you where he's?
Speaker 11: Going you, know you make a wager if Mister chen lives for blah blah blah blah, BLAH i get.
Speaker 4: Bla WHAT i think is gonna get Mister chen based on what you have him in? Microplastic of, course this is.
Speaker 11: Glass see that's WHY i drink my drink my water out of a metal jug AND i microwave all my stuff in. Glass make fun of. THAT i don't want microplastics in my. Brain or we got it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Else running out of? Time does anybody know what squish mallows? Are, yes plastic. Mellow what is squish?
Speaker 5: Mellow like a big pillowy stuffed to toy.
Speaker 4: Things McDonald's fans rejoice over the return of the fan favorite in The Happy, Meal and people are saying that our adults That i'm going to get A Happy meal just to get?
Speaker 5: One is this is this some big collectible. Item this is a big collectible.
Speaker 4: Item, yes, OKAY i think those things are stupid AND i don't know why anybody would want. Them i've turned into. GREEN i can't believe anybody cares about this order. One don't miss, it grown. UPS i understand the child playing with. It that makes. Sense gracie likes them right here in the. Audience, well she's a, Child BUT i mean it would be a little odd if, suddenly you, know her mama was doc pay because she went to get. One, yeah you know they're going to get a happy meal on the way. Home see what? Happened how old are? You, yeah you're right on the. Line but it. Works you know you gotta if you gotta come once you start, Driving let's drop that? Squashblo how do you?
Speaker 20: Can?
Speaker 4: Right, okay?
Speaker 3: Squash what is?
Speaker 14: It?
Speaker 5: Swishmellow i'm.
Speaker 4: Thankful maybe that's just my mind thinking of WHAT i like to do with. It but, Yeah i'm. GLAD i can't pronounce. That i'm proud of.
Speaker 5: That it's big in the kid walk in.
Speaker 4: KidWorld this story is about adults going to get them and leaving their. Jobs you know, why?
Speaker 5: Y'all alan has got microplastics in your.
Speaker 1: Brain this is The Rick Burgess. Show