Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We are back with our post game podcast, and of course everyone's going to say, you lost, you shouldn't be podcasting like they said all last year during the finals, and we want so let's just not start that. Let's just be cool. She'll enjoy the episode or not. If you don't want to listen, don't listen. But like, really don't want to hear that this year because you kind of can't stand on that this year because we want to finals with me doing it. It's saying that very frustrating loss today. I thought we did enough to win the game, and yet I think we have a whole nother level of things, a level to reach and things that we can do, you know, to kind of counter their tat, you know, and we'll talk about a little bit of that. Let's get right into it. Though the Doves lost the game one tree, I from being quite honest, you know, to have Steph with a shot to tie the game and go to overtime.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we played great.
Speaker 1: I thought we played pretty good, but I think there's a lot of things we can do better.
Speaker 2: And so just with that.
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta feel decent about the game and about where we can go. Obviously we don't do more on victories, so I'm not gonna sit here and say we feel good about that.
Speaker 2: Like fuck no, like we lost the game.
Speaker 1: We're down oh one, and you gotta figure out a way to go get a game too. Now I'm saying that this is the playoffs scene. You gotta win one on the roll. Whether that's game one, two, five, or seven don't really matter. You'd rather be sooner rather than later. But we know that, we understand that, and we're not folding to that. Darn Fox finished the game with thirty eight and five assists. We definitely have to do better on Fox. You know, he he had five threes and that wasn't really expected. But he shot the ball well. I remember having him on the show and he was saying like he needed to take the shot more, and you know, he took him tonight. He knocked him down. You know, you gotta live with that. You gotta give up something, and you know he hit the shots tonight. You know, next game, you want to make it a little tougher on him if you can. But h and making a game planning our things that you will live with and things that you want. And what you can't live with is Daron Foss being a woman fast break. You can't live with him getting into the paint every possession. Those are tough things to deal with. Malik Monk had a game off the bench thirty two points. Daron Fox may get thirty eight points, and you know he's obviously capable, but more than capable even if he didn't do it tonight of getting thirty eight points. And but you can't give up thirty two to Malik Monk off the bench. Now, Malik's incredible player. You know, he's two for four from the three, so it wasn't three point line, but he got downhill and put a lot of pressure on our defense. He got shot fourteen free throws and he was fourteen or fourteen from the line. You might have saw me talking to him those last couple of free throws, like man, you always won, like you you know you pass your percentage now, I think the numbers got to play all you one. He knock him down, but he had a big game. Trey Lowes also had a big game off the bench. Trey Lowes has seventeen points off the bench. So there it is right there, Like, you give up forty nine points off the bench to two guys, it's hard to overcome that.
Speaker 2: Seventeen offensive rebounds.
Speaker 1: We got to, you know, their offense when they when nobody had nothing going, what kept them in the game was the offensive rebounds. And you know, if you in a situation like that, when you're on the other side of it, you're watching that game or you're in that game and you're like, yo, we're not playing well and we're right here, but how do you get right there? Like I said, for them, it was the offensive rebound. So that's something that we have to clean up. We know where a team of capable of rebound, and when we lock in on that, and it's going to be a five man effort. They're crashing the boors from the corner, from the top, they're sending everybody to the glass. So it's going to be a five man effort cleaning up the boors. If they're long rebounds, we have to make sure we're coming back in and getting those rebounds. But we didn't do a good job of that tonight, and ultimately it ended up costing us the game. So those are a couple of things that we could have done better. Steph finished with thirty. He started to get it going there after that first quarter, and you can kind of see him, you know, figuring out his spots and reading the defense and seeing you know, figuring their coverages out. And once he figured them out, he got going.
Speaker 2: Wiggins.
Speaker 1: Wiggins was seventeen points off the bench in twenty eight minutes. We're a different team when Wigs is here. We're a different team when we got Wigs out there. And you know, first game back, he was one for eight from the three, with some shots that he normally will hit, and I don't doubt that he's going to hit those. You know, the first game back, you you don't have your legs under you, you know, and to come back in that intense aze game, you know, kudos to Wigs.
Speaker 2: We need them.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need him to continue to get better and better and at a rapid pace. And I have no doubt he will have been looking great in the scrimmagers. So it wasn't a shocker to me that he came out getting to it says a lot about him, and you know, the things that he was at home dealing with which is out there now to to keep himself in shape and come back for this team ready to go for this run. It's huge and you know that's something that we can build on. So definitely expecting Wigs to stay aggressive. What I loved is that he was taking those shots. Regardless if the threes went in or not, he kept taking them. Had one in the corner to put us up too late in the game living with that shot. So great to have Wigs back, and like I said, he'll continue to get better defensively as well.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: He was all over the court on that end, getting some little creating some loose balls and you know, came up with some rebounds.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it now. And saying that, I also didn't think we played great. I think there were a lot of things that we could clean up on both sides of the ball. They did a good job of throwing different defenses out there. And when they threw those defenses out there, I thought we got good looks.
Speaker 2: We just missed them.
Speaker 1: And you know, with the shooters that we have, I trust that those looks are going to go in.
Speaker 2: So we just got to keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Moving to basketball, you know, and you know, we gave up one hundred and twenty six points. Obviously that's the team who's played great offensively all year. But again, I think, you know a huge part of that where the offensive rebounds to allow those guys to get going, and once.
Speaker 2: They get going, it's tough.
Speaker 1: So I think we found some things in this game that we can build up on, that we will build up on. I don't think we'll give up forty nine points to two players off the bench, and that'll be huge for us, you know, So looking forward to Monday's game, you know, coming out and getting to win and going back home one to one and with home court advantaged, that'll be big for us. We've obviously did a great job of taking the care of home court all year, so we can go back one to one.
Speaker 2: That'll be huge.
Speaker 1: That'll be huge, And I have no doubt in my mind we'll make adjustments and we'll and we'll do that. So looking forward to it Monday will be fun. It was a very fun day just overall, like you feel that energy, Man, that was a great environment, by the way, to play in that environment. That's a team and organization, a city that has not seen postseason basketball in sixteen years, and they were ready and it was loud, and man's just fun, like miss that atmosphere, very fun atmosphere to play, and they fans brought it. They were good. But I thought we handled that well. We stayed right there in the game, and ultimately we didn't come out to win. So speaking of fun, there were also other games that went on today. The Knicks beat the Cavaliers one oh one to ninety seven. Jalen Brunson finished with twenty seven after only having six points in the first half. I think it's going to be I saw early on. I didn't get to watch all of the game, but I saw early on in that second half that the Knicks were guarding Jayleen Brunton with uh, I mean, excuse me, the Cavs were guarding Jalen Brunton with Darius Garland, and I must say, DG shocked me. I didn't realize DG had gotten that strong. Jalen wasn't just bullying when I watched, but he hit a couple turnaround jump shots. Now, quite frankly, if you're not giving up something straight to the rim, you live with the turnaround jump shot.
Speaker 2: You know, Jalen. He's left handed, so he likes to turn over the left shoulder with the fade.
Speaker 1: However, that is a Jaylen Brunson shot, Like he lives with that shot, he's oftentimes trying to get to that shot. So as much as you like you live with it, it's tough when that's exactly what he's trying to get to. And usually, you know, like we guarded him last year when we played him with the mass, I guarded him because you know he's trying to get to the mid range. And so it'll be interesting to see what they'll do to come back that because Jalen Brunson is a problem. He's been a problem all year, you know, and he's that's not going anywhere, So it'll be interesting to see what they'll do with their matchups. So they had a tough time with ocorl on the floor, who's one of their best wing defenders. Had to go cheddy Osma because they just clogged the floor up and he didn't make a shot. So we know the Calves strength is in their in their length, in their size. Donovan Mitchell had a big game thirty eight, eight and five. Donovan Mitchell was one of the top five players in scoring scoring average in NBA history when it comes to the playoffs. So you know, to see him have another big game, you're not surprised, but you'd also like to see that with a win, especially holding him to one hundred and one points.
Speaker 2: And so, yeah, that was a good game. I think that's gonna be a good series.
Speaker 1: I can see that series going six or seven because it's going to be a good series. And I also expect the Cavs to come out and get the next game. But it's tough, especially when you can't play your best winging defender, it gets tough. So we'll, like I said, we'll see what their adjustments are going to be as far as that matchup goes.
Speaker 2: Julius Randalls first game back nineteen ten and.
Speaker 1: Four and Josh Hart was off the was great off the bench. I end up finishing that game was seventeen and ten. And also I did see him hit that huge three from the top of the key after the Casts took the lead, and that was a big three. And again, there are things that you'll live with and things that you want. Josh Hart HiT's a big three. You gotta live with that. Jalen Bronson or Julius hit the three. You're hoping you do something the key on those guys and take it away. Josh Hart hiss, hey, you gotta live with it. A big shot by Josh Hart, big game by Josh Hart, huge pick up, mid season acquisition for the next He came through for him today. It's great the Celtics. Celtics was up thirty at halftime. I did see that Jackson's over here throwing up gang signs or something, because as you all know, he's happy about the Celtics. All right here, there's some worry Jackson about the Celtics. Jalen Brown cut his finger and it reopened. He didn't look like he was affected by much with the game. He had scoring twenty nine points and twelve rebounds, and j T twenty five and eleven. But that's something to watch. That's something to watch. You keep cutting that fingerback open and starts to worry. I saw he said his grip was a worry, so I think we need to watch that. But they handled that pretty easily. Trey Young didn't didn't shoot well. Dejonte had twenty four, but he was old for six or old for eight from the three expect both of those guys to play better and expect Atlanta to put up another fight, I mean a better fight.
Speaker 2: You know. Does that mean they win even a game, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, but I do expect those two guys to play well and last, but not least, seventy six Ers versus the Nets, James Harden got off. James Harden hit threes. I did watch some of this game. I saw the Nets sending a double team at Joe LMB no matter where he caught the ball, and the seventy Sixers come back at that by hitting twenty one threes. And that's what you'd hope when they're sending a double team at and beat every play, because that is what they're going to do. They're going to double and b they don't want him to beat them. They're gonna make other guys hit shots. Those guys hit shots today. Will have to see if they can do that for the rest of the series, if Jock will stick with his game plan or he'll change it. Me personally, I think you gotta keep making those guys hit shots because one thing, Joel gonna score. So you gotta live with something, and you know you're not living with Joel doing what Joel does. There's not one person on the next team that can stop Joel and beat It's not really many people in the league, if any, that can stop Joel EMBII. But it's definitely not one on the next team. So Chotelle keeps sending that double and you gotta fly around and try to make those guys miss those threes.
Speaker 2: They hit them.
Speaker 1: Tonight we'll see if they can do it again. But yeah, good first day of basketball. I'm looking forward to getting back to the drawing board tomorrow making our adjustments. We've been great at that over the years. I have no out that will continue to be great at that. And then also enjoying the off day and some NBA basketball and just staying it's just staying in it, man.
Speaker 2: You gotta feel this.
Speaker 1: You gotta stay in the moment, and when you're watching basketball, you can feel that. You pick up on things and enjoy it. Oh and by the way, we are up for a Webby Award. Make sure you go to www dot Webby Awards dot com and you vote. You go to sports, you go to podcasts, you go down a general series, and then you go to sports and then you vote for the Raymond Green Show need all of our listeners to go out there and vote. You can only vote once, so I don't need you to vote every day, but I do need you to go vote once. Be incredible to win. Thank you all, Love you all. Appreciate the support, your listens, your downloads, they never go on.
Speaker 2: Notice.
Speaker 1: I do understand that we have the best fan base. When it comes to podcast, it's like dum nation until next con. To wrap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show, Peace