Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: And hat starting the air that the hat signal is out. It is time to go. Is Game Week?
Speaker 3: Players Loud is brought to you by Tosto's Game Week. We are here at the Star. Heck Ma Harrison is here on his face. Danny McCrae is here. I know he's got things to say.
Speaker 2: Harry has bullets to shoot out here today. Tell you what the streets is telling me.
Speaker 3: Man Scruggs, It is so good to be here for another season. We got Chris, We got Chris here, we got Jazz here, we got the crew. It is time guys start thinking about the game week Sunday nights, n b C five.
Speaker 2: We got him bust out. The trustee has got. He ready to go. He's ready to roam. And he came in and he had it.
Speaker 4: I knew what they called it, the same thing they called it, the trust he had they called the trustee shirt. So that's why I won't know had I don't know he came in with the with the Russell Athletics, no such thing.
Speaker 2: So listen, let them put the better because that wasn't what that was. We won, that's what we want, you know. We won the two Classic over Fae State one. Anybody else, move on, team, thank you very much. We're gonna be all right. And the hoof nothing you all lost, man, barely.
Speaker 4: It was very.
Speaker 2: Repectable right there, right the right there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It was in the text Mester saying that l she was gonna win about.
Speaker 4: Saying no, you said yours was close though, that's what you said. So why you're giving them shoot slugs over here at the Tigers. Okay, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Twenty two.
Speaker 3: Nothing wanting off my mouth about the time because I sat there, I thought they were going to national championship.
Speaker 2: That's how much it's over over. Okay. I wasn't listening to the streets. It's about I want to listen to the Tigers.
Speaker 4: Want to take that over Danny voice that went up, oct I got I have a national championship ring from two thousand and seven games, did we lose that.
Speaker 2: Year, just one or two. You know, things can happen college football, but so so Clemson. Clemson. There's still a lot of Tigers out here saying it ain't.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I just said I didn't say it was over. I just said I picked the when that's the championship. That's how much I was drinking the purple drink I was there. Don't do that. I went down to school. I went down here. Man, I went down to l s U over the summer in the bookstore. Almost bought a shirt and I said, no, I don't want to hear it from damn.
Speaker 2: My child bought one. I went up there and I said, not getting hazed on this show.
Speaker 3: I told her, I said, if you come here, I'll get it. But if you're if you're not coming here, I'm not about to hear it on the show.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to hear. So there we go. Let us talk about one tearance. Steel money in the back, big time to change. See can we get that?
Speaker 6: That's your chain on there? No, he's doing this draft right now, man, there it is. I appreciate you saying five.
Speaker 3: Year extension, eighty six point eight million dollars, fifty million dollars guaranteed, so good?
Speaker 2: Why be you a running back? Well you could if I'm a coach.
Speaker 3: Now you're telling me go to running back room, running away, I'm transfer I'm running to the portal right now, you say the word running back fresh cash.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I would tell you this. I ain't listening to nobody about no salary cap, no saving, no money, no nothing, no now, nuddle.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have not a now, no nothing. Okay, we're up there talking about Zach Martin. Everybody. It has to be.
Speaker 3: We got a joint line somewhere. We come on in the back door. Man, you come on over here.
Speaker 2: They guaranteed current salary. They didn't.
Speaker 4: Uh they did, Gay Terrence still they have paid his deal paid tight mondays Hooker Wilson. I don't want to hear not. Matter of fact, the next person that hold out, I'm gonna be like, you're right, and somebody say they can't do it because the big bazook gonna be like, because I know he's still gonna get paid, you know, So I know it's gonna be some salary kept magicians in there. I just know him shout out to terror still because he heard time. He deserves it because back when Nolan was here, uh not just you know, he was on defense whatever. But that year is when Terror still had a very rough go at it, and like new he always says, he went to the lab. They did no pun intended. He went to the lab. He worked on it. He got bigger, stronger, faster, more technic, technically sound, and look at him now getting paid and undrafted guy shout out.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the undrafted man. Real talk, this much deserved though. I mean, like you said, the guy that went through a lot of ups and downs, because I remember when he first got out there, we was all like, I don't know, he's getting kind of abused. I don't know if he got enough bricks in his pocket back there. But the next year he took that leak, and now we see the guy that the years now and it must deserved. I mean, all that money, this must deserve. You need somebody to protect Dak Prescott out there.
Speaker 2: So good for man. I'm shocked at y'all so positive.
Speaker 7: I was really thinking that y'all were going to have a problem with with the fifty million guaranteed that he got signed, that he signed, and the fact that now that places him in top ten as far as salaries as a right tackle, I just have never viewed him as top ten right tackle in the league. And to me, I think when you're talking about that twenty twenty season when he suffered like we watched him, it was horrible, and even Zach Martin was injured because he had to go fill in for his brother because he was having such a.
Speaker 2: Bad out look.
Speaker 7: I can't hate on anything other than look, there has to be some improvement he's got to be if he's gonna get paid like that, he's gonna have to perform and have that same type of top ten attitude when he's out there on the field. Our offensive line is aging, and maybe that's a move towards the future.
Speaker 2: I'll take that. Right.
Speaker 4: They didn't reset the market with him, Okay, so the TV rights deals, all those things.
Speaker 7: Are coming down the pipe. So we'll look at this in three years and ago, Oh that was a deal. Right, But man, this offensive line is still a worry and there's so many pieces of it that to me, if you start looking at it's on now it's go time we go up to the Meadowlands. We face the Giants on Sunday night. Is this offensive line ready? We have a right tackle that's coming back from a cl injury, Zach Martin, who participated in half of summer worker of the summer camp, and your god, Tyron Smith.
Speaker 2: How's his health going to be through the season.
Speaker 4: So and then we're going to get into the injury of our most consistent offensive line, and so a lot of that's still shaky. But I understand the move is for the future.
Speaker 7: But like I said, I'm shocked that you guys were not like fifty million dollars like.
Speaker 2: Draft the crew. So so Mickey Mickey had a breakdown.
Speaker 3: He says, the numbers that still signed for basically the same numbers that Mike mcglinche got from Denver, who's a former first round this year, making.
Speaker 2: Basically the same amount of cash.
Speaker 3: But if he's out on the market, he's getting a lot more than this if he goes if he goes down the free agent market, because he's still a young player, and that is just the go back to one. Was he a teammate for you with you in DALLASA Jacksonville, Jeremy Parnell. I remember when he left here, Man Jacksonville just gave him a big old fat man. Okay, so Terrence Steele better player. I still go back and think, what if LEL. Collins had not tried to bribe that test, because.
Speaker 2: That was really how Steele got in.
Speaker 3: So instead of taking the two games, you know who was miss whole bunch? And if I was down on him and then and then that was when T. Steele came in and we were debating at the time. Remember I was I was out here all no, man, it's Colin. You guys are like steal and and man, I think about that all the time. If what had he just taken the two games suspension and played, would would still have had the opportunity to do what he did? Bill Parcels had this life. You don't want to leed a huddle because you don't know who's going in.
Speaker 2: That's facts. And still went in and and and the old Collins that was that was wrapped.
Speaker 4: That offensive line coach tried to he tried to mess it up, trying to get him in the spot back. And then all that we sitt over here saying what are you doing? We got we have like they are playing well together. Still went out there and did what he's supposed to do. And then Collins comes back and like, oh well, he going back to the bench. All right, offensive line coach is no longer.
Speaker 2: Here you were, you were against, no longer I was, I was right. It's still it's still getting paid.
Speaker 4: So I'm talking that up as we was right, you were wrong, it was wrong.
Speaker 3: You were wrong, and they sent him off to Cincinnati and and yeah, so so prohps to t still staying on the offensive line mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Let's go right there.
Speaker 3: Tyler Smith leaves practice. Jerry Jones says that they're having a precautionary m R. They do believe he'll be there against the Giants for Sunday Night football to start to start the season. The metal ends that that worries me.
Speaker 6: That worries me because, like you, I said, he outside of Zach Martin, he's the most consistent offensive lineman we have, especially when you're talking about position flexibility, being able to play inside, outside, I mean, he's going to be the guy in the future. But when you look at the defensive line they're going against in New York, there's no slouches over there. There's no slouches. You've got Williams back there at the detail position. And then you also have Dexter Lawrence. And this dude is a beast. They just paid him for a reason, all right. This guy he can do both. He can stop the run and he can rush the passer. And we all understand when you're going after quarterbacks what hurts the most pressure right up the good, especially when you're talking about a guy like Prescott who can step up in the pocket and make those type throws.
Speaker 2: So this worries me.
Speaker 6: This worries me a lot, because, let's just for some reasons, just say, you know, I hope this doesn't happen, but Tyler can't go, or he's limited or something in that regard who you gonna throw in at that guard spot like that you have confidence in that can handle those behemas in there, because those U two duels they can cost them. They can be game wrecerds. We know what they do in Washington with payn and then the other guy Island. It's almost the same thing in New York. It's gonna be a tough one. Who do we throw in at that guard position?
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm if if he can.
Speaker 4: I gonna be optimistic here Okay, I'm gonna be very optimistic here and say, okay, it's precautionary. Tyler Smith is a young man. He didn't rip it off the bone. He's okay.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a vulsion, wasn't they called it? They called it ahead of town. Okay.
Speaker 4: He got all week to get ready. We got Britt Brown, we got Jim.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be okay, They're gonna be all right. All right, So I'm not worried.
Speaker 4: I believe that Tylers Smith is gonna be out there, and this is probably gonna be the best old line we put out the last couple of years with Tyron Smith, Tyler Smith, Zach Marton on the opposite side, and Terry Steele. I mean, when you're looking at it, you gotta say, okay, as far as depth, as far as depth, okay, you're worried. But but but if you in the provos say I'm sorry, and if you have those guys out there, I left.
Speaker 2: Him out and that was wrong.
Speaker 4: But if you got those five guys out there, you should feel comfortable about where you're at. If they can stay healthy, I'll I feel ok care about this offensive line on paper. Once they got to go out there and do it. But as far as what we've seen from them in the past, if they can play anywhere like that, I'm okay with this offensive line.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I'm with you because I realized that, like you just said, Dak his propensity to try the rush coming around with Thibodeau and guys like that, he's gonna have to step up in the pocket. The problem has been when that pressure is right in his lap. And that's any quarterback. That's any quarterback.
Speaker 7: But it just seems like at the beginning of the season, why do we keep suffering this? We had the same thing happened right at the beginning of the season, two tyransmen. It was Fannite. It was right before Fanne. I know, the same thing, the same thing, but it happened. It happens a lot different it is. But I'm saying we have one of our main stay or even Zach Martin, who missed a game the first game of the season I believe it was last year, missed the Tampa game. So look, it's just it seems like you're always in a place where at the beginning of the season you don't have your nucleus together.
Speaker 2: Zach was two years ago?
Speaker 3: Was that two years when he was out going at the COVID So you got Chuma Doga and you got awesome Richard. You guys are gonna be working there at that you know, the backup left guard Spider got Josh balls on injur of reserve right now, so.
Speaker 2: They're thin there.
Speaker 3: That is a concern, But I can also say this, most teams have the same issue. Outside about maybe three four teams. Offensive line is an issue for a lot of folks. So at this point in time, I look forward to hearing from from McCarthy and and hearing from him about what what he what he believes the issue is for Tyler Smith. But right now we should expect to see him there Sunday night against.
Speaker 6: The Giants, and if he's able to go, we're talking about maybe not practicing until maybe Friday.
Speaker 2: On Thursday. Friday is going against a week Mortindale. You know what he loves to do. He loved the heat up.
Speaker 3: You were more worried about him last year than you were and any I would say any balled out yeah last year.
Speaker 2: So I'm less worried.
Speaker 4: If if this is precautionary and the hamstring is really not that big of an issue, and they're just trying to make sure that it is something that they don't continue to mess with throughout the season. And he's healthy. I'm okay, he don't have to practice this week. He all right. That's that's how much faith.
Speaker 2: I will say. He has proven that he's been able to do that. That's true.
Speaker 3: All right, go take a break and we come back. We're not going to pick the games our schedule, you know, our our win loss yet. Okay, let's do it tomorrow. Okay, let's put a little bit of time into full little time. But I do have the preseason prognostications that we had here. Okay, so you change it tomorrow. Tomorrow has been locking in tomorrow. Okay, go lock it in, like locking your rate, locking your home rate. Go lock it in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But I'll just have a free fresher where you were when the season came out, schedule came out.
Speaker 3: Go do that next on the players Lounge right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped, He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Preus Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player. Here.
Speaker 2: What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King.
Speaker 4: Wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothieking and.
Speaker 2: Whoo me too.
Speaker 4: These smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter drizzle, New Smoothie bows only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home, we away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: A fan favorite event market Market at the Star, presented by Flee Styles, will take place on Saturday, September ninth at ten am to four pm out on Tostitos Championship Plaza comes shop from fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, the core and more at this free outdoor market. Visit the Star District dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck my Hairs, Players Lounges. The players here are Danny Tray and Barry Church. I'm you, we scrugged, brought to you by Tostitos. So tomorrow we'll lock in, lock in our our schedule, our predictions, okay, our record, Okay, we're gonna lock it in.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: I'm just merely going to go for what we initially said, and the great producer Chris Bean has written it down.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys at twelve and seven. Okay, no, no, no, hold on ye ten, ten, ten, ten and seven?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what they mean they didn't make it? I got I got it in ten and seven. You can make it on ten and seven. No, I mean they didn't make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But okay, okay, so I got the Cowboys ten and seven. Church, you had the Cowboys at ten and seven.
Speaker 2: He had ten and seven. I thought she was nine and eight. I thought I was nine. But yeah, you know I heard the ten say that's what they getting, man craze. They got him on twelve and five twelve five right, and hekma is thirteen and let's do it. That's better than seventeen.
Speaker 4: And no, I would have lean though you said seventeen and know that's what that's what's.
Speaker 2: Going on with got on your heart. We also have we went game by game, we went game my game.
Speaker 3: Once again, we can change it all. But just initially you had the Cowboys. Danny had the Cowboys beating the giants, right. Heck, when you had them being the giants Church, you had the Cowboys beating the giants. We'll see, we'll get tomorrow, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: And I had the Cowboys losing to the giants. Whole day. Ball came.
Speaker 4: You might pick you might pick up somebody to come with you. You're still whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just telling this is what we have.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow you come on in here and lock in your ate.
Speaker 2: Stay strong at thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of fun. He stay strong with that number one defense. That's what that number one defense. My defense is going to carry that thirteen. So I got faith, that's like you got faith in.
Speaker 2: This twelve and five. It ain't gonna change.
Speaker 7: You know, it's coming to me up cause you actually because you actually on my side. So that's why I'm pointing over there, because you actually twelve and five. You're closer to thirteen and more at twelve or five. Danny, it's okay. I know your barrier on the same.
Speaker 2: Why you ain't say something new with you? I'm on my way. I'm working my way around the table. Dog said it worked like this. I'm just remind take off my bulletproof vest.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I'm gonna leave you alone.
Speaker 2: I messing with you, know that. Go ahead, PM Broke. That's it's good. Let's go Winters to his classic champions again. Promise. So you had a good week, you see, Pembroke. I'm sure they got another shirt for you coming to the mill. I will tell you right now, mine may not change, may not. Where was you a ten seven?
Speaker 4: That's no way you're gonna stay at ten and seven, even after what you've seen them do with Gilmore, even with Brandon Cooks. You're not changing from off of ten and seven. He picked them, He picked that when they had them already ten and seven.
Speaker 2: That sounds about right, though, if you look, man, nothing has swayed you.
Speaker 7: To believe that this is at least an eleven win team that they can win eleven twelve games?
Speaker 2: Man, ten to twelve, you're thirteen. I'm on my way. I'll work it up. I got to tomorrow. I got till tomorrow to lock it in.
Speaker 4: But so answer the question, though, has anything changed about the roster of the rotation that you've seen from just going through the summer when you visited in California. Nothing about camp that tells you that this team can be at least a twelve inten.
Speaker 2: The offensive line concerns me. Okay, a lot. I'm with you on that, Blake all and all? Can I see who you picked the losing to?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Yeah that's what we got. We got game by game, all right, So here we go.
Speaker 4: We got Newie right here, lost to the Giants, lost in San Francisco, lost to Philly, back to back losses Washington and Seattle, and then back to back losses the Buffalo and Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay, I forgot your church, Church of Greece right there. I tennant seven, you know.
Speaker 4: Except church got a loss to the Jets and knew you gotta win against the Jets. Yeah, you wanna flip, You gonna flip those. You're gonna flip those. I gotta slip. I do got that Philly in Buffalo back to back.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you on that one. Ain't worried about the defense.
Speaker 6: I understand like Quinn, these guys, the people polices, they added, the.
Speaker 2: Defense is gonna be just fine.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be a top five, maybe even top three type defense this year. To me, the only concern is offensively, you know, is the lab Is he gonna come back you know, rusty, or is he gonna come back on his p's and q's. Is Dak Prescott gonna make better decisions or is he gonna revert to, you know, trying to make the big play. That's that's the biggest thing concern for me.
Speaker 2: Offensively, Big mic He's gonna be gonna be gonna be big. Mike is gonna be in his bag.
Speaker 3: So if it's one thing I learned this weekend, especially going to the TCU game, is.
Speaker 2: We should be a little bit more skeptical of things that we hear.
Speaker 3: We get told a lot of things from coaches and players, and we tend to want to give them the benefit of the doubt. There was so much benefit that we gave TCU so much and it was just wrong, and there was so much not given to Colorado. And before the game, Dennis Thurman forward Dallas Cowboy player and he was Dion's position coach at Baltimore, also was the DC for the Jets and Bills. He said to me before the game's our office is gonna be hard for them to stop. He said, Yard nob Hunter, he said, look out for five. He makes a play every day in practice. And he said in ten ten is good too. Look up five, got four touchdown, grab ten and got a hundred yards Hunter. I hear doing things that I hadn't seen it. I covered Charles Woods in the National Championship game. Dudes running down here on the kickoff. I'm thinking, he gonna you going all the way. Next thing you know, Hunter gets him at the five three plays later, pick pick, I'm like wow.
Speaker 2: Then I see on Twitter before the games, folks in student section up there hundred you're up raisers. And he looks back and you know that same zone, not that next play.
Speaker 3: It was before the game he got called out. They called up the TCU fan gonna call him over it. So man, next thing, you know, homeboy, make that set grab in that same place, and he gotta be a who said who said it? And the fans said, yall man, the fans sat down. You know them dudes ain't had nothing to say. Then the guy was sensational. And then I'd never seen the TCU you coach so mad. After the game, he was like, man, look, I played makers. They make no plays. They're playing makers made plays. He said, I never seen nothing like the Jampson. I never seen nothing like.
Speaker 2: I got to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, going into that game, knowing TCU, what we saw from TCU last year, knowing what they lost, how they played at the end of the season, I don't think it's surprising that Thurman said that they're probably not gonna be able to stop us, Like I don't think anybody should have been able to say, you know what, TCU's defense is gonna come out here and they gonna play ball, and it's gonna be one of them games where they come out and showed that they can play defense.
Speaker 2: So glad you said it, because this is what we in the media were sold last year. Their DBS were thin. They just didn't nobody got hurt.
Speaker 3: And then they had today, they had LT's nephew who has ended up being a gym Thorpe ward. Listen, we've recruited better. We're deeper here than we ever were last year.
Speaker 2: Defensively.
Speaker 3: Oh by the way, it's Joe Gillespie's second year running the defense. Guys are confident, they know what to do. And then they all told us, man, what you saw against Georgia, that wasn't us. We're out to prove that we're not that team. And so here we are. You're giving them, You're just giving the benefit of that what you're hearing. And and so I take it back here with the Cowboys and you say, Okay, this is what I'm I'm seeing, I'm hearing. But I still got a seat. I have to have some more skepticism because I sat around here. I believed I thought Clemson. Now, I thought Clemson would barely beat Duke. I ain't think because I like Mike Elcho, big Mike Elko. I didn't know they was gonna get dripped. I mean they got took to the woodship. I thought your boys were going championship. I'm out here drinking purple.
Speaker 4: Drinks the field Championship.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we need to be I'm just wishing you need to be skeptic.
Speaker 4: But you allow that grade saying what you're talking about with TCU is because they played Georgia, because they were in the National Championship team.
Speaker 2: They didn't allow.
Speaker 7: No one thought that Colorado could go in there and do that versus t to you because they only won one game last season, and anybody that didn't have an idea of what offense they were going to run that first game did not think that they would score forty five points against the TCU defense. Theate went to the National Championship team, So the doubt was warranted. Not so much the doubt in du and Colorado and all of that, it's just that you had never seen what that offense was going to look like and what your doer could do at that level. I think, just bringing in full circle to the Cowboys, I think with that offense last season, it was a lot left to be desired because there it looked disjointed. Your wide receiver group room didn't look like they were all on one page. You bring in Brandon Cooks, and I think Brandon Cooks is going to be, as you've stated several times, he's going to be the guy that brings this whole room together, because if you look at guys like Michael Gallup who had their best years with Amari Cooper, you have a player in Brandon Cooks that can emulate that same thing and so imitation highest form of flattery. He needs Brandon Cooks to be mariin Cooper when you had that eleven hundred yard Michael Gallop, and that's what we're looking for because if he could be that in this offense.
Speaker 2: Then I think people are in trouble.
Speaker 7: You're you're not underestimating Mike McCarthy the way they are right now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna leaved on them alone, y'all. I feel like people over you don't believe. It ain't about not believing.
Speaker 2: You don't believe.
Speaker 4: The band brought in how many new players.
Speaker 2: Louis he bought his Louis bad so you knew.
Speaker 4: You knew they won't gonna be the same squad, and you already know what type of talent Leon is going to get. So like in my mind, I'm like, oh, he got some players over there, they ain't the same one of like they were eleven the year before with those same it was only two when l s U played Southern. Y'all played Southern, right, jovin play Southern? We playing them before? Maybe I don't know, I didn't play them, but just there's a stick up. But with HBCU and Division one football, you just don't think that they could compete at that level. And it's historically I mean, who plays homecoming Florida State? Fam you all right, because you know what.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 7: I think there were doubts placed on this organization, on them just because of that. Look, Travis Hunter, There's no way Travis Hunter should have been playing in HBCU. I saw that athlete, and I'm like, man, you played at Jackson State just because you love Dion. That's a hell of a sacrifice, especially for a special talent. You've covered some of the best. Like you said, Charles Wis, had you ever seen anything like Travis Hunter?
Speaker 2: Not in person? And they said, not in person. I saw that.
Speaker 3: And then after when I hear Sonny Dyke say, I've never seen anything like that. And then they brought up one player for TCU and oh yeah, he was crappy. I know who wasn't crappy. We gotta go look at what we're doing. I'm like, I'm like, man.
Speaker 7: Travis said he can still play another quarter after the game, you're.
Speaker 2: Still ready to go.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, he's like, we looked we were terrible on defensive. We're tackling on Sunday. I'm like, man, Sonny, you're gonna get after the folks. You're gonna get out folks. You know that practices.
Speaker 10: Get a lot of coaches do that after loss. Man, No, dogg your team Like, let's go, come on, you gonna get hurting better.
Speaker 2: They gonna get hold out again. Confidence over got him again?
Speaker 3: Get her second break in here? Running back by committee? Where is your feet? And the running back by committee? Is it really a committee?
Speaker 2: Is it a community?
Speaker 3: We don't find I'll discuss it with Barry churcheck my Harrison, dam M crab new he scrutch. This is Plass brought to you by Tosto. Yeah we're Tostitos. Yes, Tostitos, I saying we got.
Speaker 2: A sponsor coming in tomorrow. Yeah, we got to talk about that a little bit here.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about off My, we'll talk about that off My We'll do that next right here on Capital dot com Radio.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 11: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flat. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at Blockchain.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big.
Speaker 2: Love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days.
Speaker 9: Please rink response to blade back.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: It's it's time to run through the competition with the new Dallas Cowboys Nike Pegas's shoe. Grab your pair at the nearest pro shop or log onto shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a fanatics experience.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: HECKM Harrison, dam Cray, Farry Church. These are the players on the players Lounge. I have new he scrutch. All right tomorrow, have your picks in. Lock them in right now for the twenty twenty three season. We did initially when the schedule, I had ten and seven.
Speaker 2: I had to a seventh. Man Church had ten and seven. I thought you had nine and eight. Real Time had thirteen and four. Danny had twelve and five.
Speaker 3: Did you have them wildcard or Wind's Division?
Speaker 2: I think I had them wildcard? You got win Division? Yes it okay, I had. I had an Indivision ten seven winning. I don't think that's gonna be that good.
Speaker 3: I don't, man, listen anyway, That's why I I had.
Speaker 4: We're gonna lock it in there and then wait, just just so he don't say that we're making up rules. Okay, at what point in the season do we re evaluate and get a chance to say how we feel about our picks and if we think we should change.
Speaker 3: The producer Chris being weighing on this. I want Chris Chris bey the commissioner on this. So Hacker feels that that we didn't all gang up on him, you know.
Speaker 2: Because of course I trust Chris. Chris. When should we When should we do that?
Speaker 5: Said again, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, when when should we?
Speaker 4: We're gonna make up locking our picks for what our record would be during the season, At what point during the season or fourth or the way through, halfway through do we get to reevaluate and decide if we want to make an adjustment or if we want to keep with the same.
Speaker 2: Is that a bye week situation? I like about by week seven is the Cowboys box? I think that's fair. Right, So you locked in and you can no more flippy fly.
Speaker 6: You got ten more games to last of the season, dealing with injuries and everything.
Speaker 2: My week, my wig, it is October twenty two. I'm gonna have It's gonna be it boy.
Speaker 7: I'm saying it's only gonna be one seat left on this bandwagon for y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting at twelve and five, So I ain't no band wagon for me.
Speaker 7: The how bone you got, you got other issues that I came, got other issues though.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there at twelve and five, But you got Philly? Are you staying with that tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Right now? I don't want to spoiler for nobody. I might go up to fifteen and too. O.
Speaker 2: Man, he might be here we go. Man might not lose a game this year.
Speaker 3: So initially, right now, right now, initially, Dolphine November November five at Philadelphia, we all have it as a loss.
Speaker 2: Then December tenth, at that one at Jerry.
Speaker 3: World, Philadelphia on NBC five Sunday Night Football, everyone has it a win.
Speaker 2: Except for Danny. We're getting swept by the Eagles. Listen that that was my previous pick. Get don't have the right to change tomorrow, just like they're gonna slip with the Giant split. This is correct, So I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna tell you right now that's gonna change fourteen and two. I would change that. I just want to ask this one question right now, just go. I'll go through the team.
Speaker 3: Listen to the team names, right, Giants Jets, Cardinals, Patriots, forty nine Ers, Chargers, Rams, Panthers, Command, Seahawks, Bills, Dolphins, Lions.
Speaker 2: I don't see none of them. Do you think.
Speaker 3: Any of these teams that the Cowboys face this year will end up in Las Vegas at the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, because we don't play. Can't see. I'm trying to two teams go to the Super Bowl. I know that's you know what, I figured that much.
Speaker 4: I don't want to just bandwagon, but this is hard for me to go against a rod don't I don't know. I think I think it's gonna be a battle in the AFC and somebody it might be a flip of a corn. Somebody get lucky, who left tackle, doesn't get hurt? Who who is more healthy on the offensive line. But when you look at the weapons that New York has, it's hard for me not to say with a guy like Aaron Rodgers, if they come out and play defense like they played, they got the same argument that we had last year, Like we got the defense, Just give us somebody who protect the ball and be able to run it. They can run the ball, they got receivers and they can play defense. As of last year. So it's hard for me to say it's it's it's a chance, it's a rod. Only only one team that you mentioned right there that I could see going to the Super Bowl, and that's Buffalo.
Speaker 2: That's only one. That's the only team that I can see on that list.
Speaker 4: Uh. And it's just because they're getting so close every year that they've got to break through. It's just so much competition in the AFC, and I think they're the one team that's built to go through a Jets in a Miami.
Speaker 3: All Right, So we've seen, you know, there's still plenty of guys on the San Francisco roster that they were in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago against Kansas City, so they still have some players there.
Speaker 2: Nobody wanted to pick the NMFC team. Nobody want to figure. See the Dallas Morning News. I believe it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: They come out, Yes, tomorrow, they come out with their So Michael Gelkin picked the Cowboys to win.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Mike David Moore take the Cowboys to lose to Buffalo in the Super Bowl. Okay, and their digital person has the Cowboys making it to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Man, that's a big I mean what history tells you, you know, the past X amount of years. I don't want to put the years out there like that, but X amount of years. You know, history shows that, you know, it's kind of hard to get to that point. And you got three casts.
Speaker 2: He is happening? Is so the morning happened.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling the morning means that Calvin Watkins doesn't happen there.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, yeah, I just like that.
Speaker 7: Heck, no, I love it. I think we've been too back to back twelve and five seasons. What are we arguing about the success of this team. You don't think they could capitalize and they've learned anything from the two losses to San Francisco. We don't believe that Dak can be better in this offense. It's just an every big game. I don't think it's about that you don't think about, but every quarterback that every super Bowl winner that we've seen over the last five years, the quarterback has been the difference in that game. Even though you can go to the rams that defense, still Stafford had to make some plays to pull out the victory. So it's gonna have something to do with that one way or another.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to Danny's point about Tony Pop talked about a potential running back by committee.
Speaker 2: Do we think it's really going to be a committee? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I think you so, y'all think Tony pa is gonna, you know, handle the rock twenty five.
Speaker 4: I think thirty times again, sixty seventy percent of the snaps and running.
Speaker 2: Back sixty to seventies percent. So it's put a number. I'm looking.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the Miles Sanders situation that they had last season with then also game will in bart Scott.
Speaker 2: But do we got a game Will on more squad here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you don't believe in forty two.
Speaker 2: That's what dude.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 2: So I like what he can bring.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying those guys aren't just you know, some some scrubs will game will legit, it's legit. I think this is gonna be legit. I think this is gonna be legit. And what's crazy? I think liftkey, No, no, no, listen, I'm talking about only for past protecting bro I'm here Michael McCarthy compared him to John Yeah. Okay, so so he got some reps. He was a big part of the office.
Speaker 4: We know that we've been sitting here talking about who's going to pass protect their running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got Tony Paul being a parth protector. He's gonna have to. But then that makes the offense so predicted.
Speaker 4: Well, well, if he's if he's really versatile as McCarthy says he is, then I don't think he'll just be out there when it's time for him to block.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be running some other stuff.
Speaker 4: Like we talked about earlier, those those carrieres that Zeke got on the goal line and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, those things.
Speaker 7: Those things make The hard thing about Tony Pollard is is that he came in for Zeke to be a change of pace back. You just paid him ten million dollars as a change of pace back. So with the injury with snapping his leg and had like there that that's a great unknown and like you said, can he close the curtain on games when we get a lead?
Speaker 4: Can he be the one that can He sought out a win for you, and that's the question. Ricco' dado is another great unknown, dudes, one we don't know. And to me, it's like Tony Pollitt is the one player on our offense that has escaped a lot of criticism, got paid and escaped that criticism.
Speaker 2: And now the spotlight is squarely on him.
Speaker 4: Well, that criticism got escaped because once he went out against San Francisco, it was a.
Speaker 2: Whole different gamelosive.
Speaker 4: It looked totally different from when he was first in there to win. It was just Zeke back then. It was a totally different game and that played a big part in us losing that thing too.
Speaker 2: So all right, let's wrap it up this way. Are you comfortable? Are you comfortable with the Cowboy running back situation right now? Yes? Or no? I'm gonna have to go yes. No, extremely.
Speaker 6: We We'll see whatever happens when Rojo gets back to you know, maybe he's been in the left too.
Speaker 2: I don't like something happened. All right, don I do this tomorrow, guys.
Speaker 3: Gonna do this tomorrow, guys, and come back with them by come back to picks and by red locking your rates.
Speaker 2: Thank you, players. Last talk about
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.