Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Ted Cruz and the weekend Review Ben Ferguson with you and man. Was it a crazy week when it comes to big breaking news and we covered it all and here are some of the highlights you may have missed. First up, Donald Trump, not afraid of the media, sitting down on Meet the Press for an exclusive one on one interview talking about mass deportations and how he's going to do it.
Speaker 1: The other question they.
Speaker 2: Said was, well, it's impossible for you to deport all legal immigrants. He says, my plan is to start with the worst and we're going to go from there.
Speaker 1: We'll have that for you.
Speaker 2: Also, Daniel Penny was found innocent, thank goodness, by a jury of his peers in New York City for being a good samaritan. The question now is can he sue New York for taking him to court for doing the right thing? Was it an unjust prosecution of him. We'll explain the legal aspect of that. And finally, the border wall, many pieces of it that were taken down by the Biden administration and others that were never put up. The Biden administration now says we want to sell them for five dollars apiece to stick it to the American voters. Can we stop it? Well, we're to explain that for you as well. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now. Let's talk about the border, and there was certainly a pretty intense conversation about what Donald Trumps said he wants to do. And I think the American people actually know what his plan is. The media just doesn't want to accept that he has a mandate to do it.
Speaker 1: Here is part of that conversation.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about mass deportation, one of your big agenda items. You've talked about prioritizing people who have criminal histories, correct, But is it your plan to deport everyone who is here illegally over the next four years.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you have to do it, and it's a it's a very tough thing to do.
Speaker 5: It's but you have to have.
Speaker 4: You know, you have rules, regulations, law as they came in illegally. You know, the people that have been treated very unfairly are the people that have been online for ten years to come into the country. And we're going to make it very easy for people to come in in terms off they have to pass the test, they have to be able to tell you what the statue of liberty is. They have to tell you a little bit about our country. They have to love our country. They can't come out of prisons. We don't want people that are in for murder. So we had eleven thousand and thirteen thousand, different estimates, thirteen thousand and ninety nine murderers released into our country over the last three years. They're walking down the streets, they're walking next to you and your family, and they're very dangerous.
Speaker 3: Thirteen thousand figure I think goes back about forty good.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't know it's within the three year period. It's during the Biden term. Now, that was a fiction that they put that out. This was done by the Border Patrol.
Speaker 4: It's thirteen thousand and ninety nine, and it's during the Biden period of time. And these are murderers, many of who murdered more than one person. You don't want those people in this country.
Speaker 3: But you're saying something, sir, that's significance. I just want to make sure i'm clear, which is that you're saying, yes, you're going to focus on the people with criminal histories, but everyone who's here illegally has to go.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, we have to get the criminals out of our country. We have to get people that were taken out of mental institutions and put them back into their mental institution, no matter what country it is.
Speaker 5: Do you know that Venezuela, their prisons.
Speaker 4: Are at the lowest point in terms of emptiness that they've ever been. They're taking their people out of those prisons by the thousands, and they're drug and just to get back because they know exactly what you're getting. At number one, we're doing criminals, and we're going to do them really rapidly. We're getting the worst gang probably with MS thirteen and the Venezuelan gangs the worst in the world. They're vicious, violent people, and you see what they've done in Colorado and other places. They're taking over literally taking over apartment complexes and doing it with impunity.
Speaker 5: They don't care, they couldn't. They just aren't taking They're in the real estate.
Speaker 3: You know, the local police say that is not the case in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's totally the case. I mean, you don't believe the local I play it.
Speaker 4: I used to play it at my rallies every single night. No, it was breaking into doors, they're taking over the buildings. And by the way, the police, the police are afraid to do anything.
Speaker 3: You raise the point that the logistics are complicated.
Speaker 5: You say to yourself, what everything's going? Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Need twenty four times more iced attention capacity just to deport one million people per year, not to mention more agents, more judges, more planes. Is it realistic to deport everyone who's Jews?
Speaker 5: First of all, they're costing us a fortune.
Speaker 4: But we're starting with the criminals, and we got to do it, and then we're starting with others, and we're going to see how it goes.
Speaker 5: The others.
Speaker 4: Others are other people. Outside of criminals. We have convicted murders. We don't mean people that are even on trial. We have people that have murdered numerous people are on our streets and in our farms, and we have to get them out of our country.
Speaker 2: You know, it's amazing to me, center is the fact that Christian Walker there was just like, well, it's this is impossible. You can't do this, So why even act like you can deport around up a bunch of heinous criminals. There's no way you can do this. So let's just admit defeat and say we can't do it, and we can't afford it. I mean, the Biden administration just sent what another billion dollars and funding to Ukraine. Why don't we spend some money here and actually get what we need to get rid of these heinous criminals.
Speaker 1: I think that's the point he's trying to make.
Speaker 6: Well, and we're going to see that happen. We are going to see on January twentieth, we're going to see the new administration come in. We're going to see them reverse catch and release immediately. We're going to see them return to building the wall. We're going to see them reinstate the Remain in Mexico agreement. What it is going to mean is that on January twentieth, if you come here illegally and you're apprehended, you will be deported, and we will see the numbers plummets. They'll plummet immediately. The first priority Trump is going to focus on as securing the border itself, and very closely connected to that is going after illegal immigrants, and in particular, he said repeatedly, starting with the criminal aliens, starting with the convicted murderers, the rapist, the child molesters, starting with the Venezuelan gangs, starting with with with the most dangerous illegal immigrants. And you know, Welker was saying, well, gosh, this is going to be expensive. It's going to take a lot of resources. I'm going to hold onto that clip that's going to be valuable because you know what Congress is going to We're going to take up and pass a reconciliation bill. We're going to do it early in this next year that is going to provide funding to enable us to secure the border. We're going to get it done. And I think Trump was very matter of fact laying out this is a mandate from the American people. He intends to do it, and I intend to work hand in hand with him to make sure it gets done.
Speaker 2: And finally, Senator Donald Trump went to France. It was a very interesting trip. He was meeting with world leaders. And one of the things that I thought was really interesting about this trip was social media reacted to Trump's just dominating force and the and the clear contrast between how world leaders were interacting with him compared to Joe Biden in this administration. There was an interesting handshake when there was a meeting in France as well. I'm sure you saw some of this on social media and on the news. I want to get your reaction to even Macrone and their handshake. It was like it was like a fist, like hey, we're back, bros. Good to see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I mean Donald Trump sha shakes hands like a man, and when it came to Macrone, he shook hands in a way that was a dominating way to shake hands. Macrone was nervous, he was uneasy, He wasn't sure what to do.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: Macrone's own political situation in France is incredibly tenuous, and listen the contrast, Macrone has been kissing up to Biden like crazy. Biden when he interacts with Macrone and every other world leader interacts from a position of weakness. None of them are afraid of him, none of them, none of them are worried about what he might do. You know, you look at that at our southern border. I'm reminded we did a podcast I don't know about a year year and a half ago where we played Amlo then the president of Mexico, uh, standing next to Joe Biden and just crowing how he's the only president in our lifetimes, who has not built even one meter of wall or fence neon metro and and he's saying and Biden just grinning like a goofy fool while Amlo is saying, well, look this guy, we can just run all over. Well, we have seen that that that Trump is not someone that that foreign leaders are going to run all over. And so so that is that that that is a powerful demonstration of the simple fact that America is back.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Now onto story number two.
Speaker 2: This is one of those stories where I hope that people will stand up and say this is a hero and be proud to say he is a hero, because that's exactly what he is. And we should celebrate heroes and we should not have to worry that when men need to stand up an act to protect and defend people, that they're going to do it and not have to worry about thinking twice because of what just happened to this individual. It's also a really sad commentary about New York and New York City and the activist prosecutors there and Finally, I want to get your thought on that. With the prosecutors that went after him, should there be any scenario where he can, in essence, say hey, you guys didn't treat me the right way.
Speaker 6: Look. Look, I could easily see a lawsuit following from this. I hope Alvin Bragg is thrown out of office. I hope he is removed from office. The governor has the authority to do that. Of course, the governor, Kathy Hockel is a leftist herself, a cultural Marxist herself. She's someone who, by the way, said, if you're a Republican, get the hell out of my state. Moved to Florida, you don't belong in New York. That is their idea. If you are the enemy, they are opposed to you. I gotta say, I want you to listen to Daniel Penny and him talking about how he was trying to protect other people's lives. He was acting as a good Samaritan, acting as a hero, intervening, risking his own life. Look, encountering a mentally ill, potentially violent person threatening violence is a dangerous thing to do. Here's what Daniel Penny had to say.
Speaker 8: The guilt I would have felt if someone did get hurt, if he did do what he was threatening to do, would never be able to live with myself.
Speaker 5: And I'll take a.
Speaker 8: Million court appearances and people calling me names and people hating me just to keep one of those people from getting hurt or killed.
Speaker 6: Look that that is yes. Look and of course how is the left reacting. I want you to listen to MSNBC just just expressing misery that that that that Daniel Penny was was acquitted. And and understand, by the way, initially so there were two charges, uh that were brought.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: So Alvin Bragg brought two charges. One charge was for manslaughter and the second charge was for uh criminally uh criminally criminally negligent homicide. The jury deadlocked on on the on the second degree manslaughter claim, which was the more serious charge. So so that means they had a disagreement, they could not come to agreement. And so what did Alvin Bragg do. Well, Alvin Bragg moved to dismiss the more serious charge and he was trying to get a conviction on the less serious charge. And and I got to say, to the jury's credit, they came back very quickly with a not guilty, So the jury is determined he is he is innocent. But listen to m S NBC and and just how upset they are uh that that this innocent man was found found not guilty.
Speaker 10: Banking News here Daniel Penny found not guilty. But Lisa, we also know that Jordan Neely's family had filed I believe a civil suit in this case as well. Does the verdict in this case impact.
Speaker 11: That not necessarily? I mean, the law is rife with examples of people who are quitted in criminal cases and yet find justice with respect to civil accountability. I think the best example of that is with respect to Fred Goldman's family. Fred Goldman, I'm sorry, Ron Goldman being the man who was murdered alongside Nicole Brown Simpson.
Speaker 5: Even though O. J.
Speaker 11: Simpson was never found criminally guilty for those two murders, Fred Goldman, the father, along with his daughter, then sued O. J.
Speaker 5: Simpson Civilly and.
Speaker 11: One a fairly large verdict with respect to civil liability for OJ Simpson. There are many other examples of similar dysjuncture between what happens in a criminal court and what happens when respect.
Speaker 5: To a wrongful death action. For example, by a family.
Speaker 1: It's sad center.
Speaker 2: But there seems to be another trend, and that is, if you are an innocent person and then you are found innocent of a crime, if the media doesn't like you, they're still gonna act like you're a threat to society.
Speaker 6: Well you look at that's a reporter Lisa Rubin on MSNBC who is calling for the mentally ill homeless man who was high on drugs and threatening to murder people on the train, calling for him to find justice against the marine who intervened to protect people and keep people safe. And she analogizes it to the OJ Simpson case, which is utterly absurd because look, O J. Simpson was charged with and the facts were pretty powerful, was guilty of murder. Now, to be fair, OJ Simpson was not found guilty of murder, but there was significant evidence that OJ was guilty. There was significant enough evidence that he ended up being hit with a large civil judgment. This this is not remotely there's no argument, no rational, reasonable argument under the law that Daniel Penny is guilty of murder. Self defense is fully protected. And by the way, if perchance you don't believe me, you should listen to my former criminal law professor, Alan Dershowitz. Now, Alan Dershowitz is a liberal, He's been a liberal his whole life. But he has the courage to speak out and speak the truth. And listen to what Alan Dershowitz said about this case and about the absolutely corrupt prosecutor Alvin Bragg.
Speaker 10: I'm going to start off with just the immediate reaction to the not guilty verdict in the Daniel Penny case.
Speaker 7: I have to admit I was a little surprised. Having hung on the higher count, I was not expecting that they would so quickly acquit on the lower account. It probably shows that there were only one or two people in the original high count that hung based on their desire to see conviction. So I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: I think the next step has to be the removal of Alvin Bragg from the role of district Attorney. He is a disgrace to the office. The two cases he brought should never have been brought. The case against Donald Trump, which was made up out of old cloth, which to my mind involves unethical unprofessional conduct by Bragg, and also this case, which should never have been brought either. He brought it only because of the racial component to the case and because of pressures from Black Lives Matter and other groups on the outside, both white and black radicals who wanted these cases to be brought, wanted this case to be brought, and who are going to continue to complain even though there are obviously black members of the jury who voted to a quite as well.
Speaker 12: Professor, what do you make of how quickly they came back with this verdict and also to there's the civil case that he's also facing too, Daniel Penny does that given that he's not guilty on the criminal case, what happens to the civil case as well?
Speaker 7: It'll be thrown out. There's no case there civilly. The only thing that will happen is that Penny will get an enormous amount of discovery and we'll get much more information that we don't now have about the alleged victim in the case. So my prediction is it will be withdrawn. I don't think they'll go any further. I don't think they'll get any kind of a verdict.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: You know, maybe the city will settle if they sue the city as well. If I were, if I were the lawyers for the alleged victim. I probably think.
Speaker 9: I'd have a better shot at getting some money from the city, which was sympathetic obviously to the victim, than from a poor former marine who probably doesn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 7: So I don't think the simple case is going anywhere.
Speaker 5: This is not O J.
Speaker 7: Simpson, where the civil case won after the criminel case lost. There was no case here to bring it all, either civil or criminal.
Speaker 2: Alan Dershowitz there seems to be optimistic, and I'm glad he's saying, Hey, I don't think he's going to have to deal with what, for example, O. J. Simpson had to deal with. This is very different. I hope he's right.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, Alan Dershowitz. He's a good friend. As I said, he was my criminal law professor, and I actually took another class from him in law school as well. He was a fantastic professor. He's the best professor I had in law school. And he's a brilliant lawyer. He's an incredibly talented lawyer. And I remember my first year in law school when dersh was stood up and he said listen. He said, by any reasonable measure, I am in the most liberal one percent of Americans across this country. And he said at Harvard Law School, oddly enough, I'm considered something of a conservative. This is not America. I don't remember if he said this is not America, but this is not a typical place. I mean, this was thirty years ago, so I'm paraphrasing, but his point was so. Dershowitz believes in free speech. That is no longer where the left is. The left is eager to censor someone who disagrees. Dershowitz does not celebrate the murder of those he disagrees with. Dershwitz is not a cultural Marxist. He's an old school liberal. He's a civil libertarian. He is you know, has represented criminal defendants successfully. He's got a lot of criminal defense off he believes in a vigorous protection of constitutional rights for criminal defendants. And look, I respect his courage. He's been demonized. He also supports Israel and speaks out very powerfully and effective for Israel. He's been demonized by the Left for doing so because they brook no dissent. Anyone who dares oppose them is the enemy. And so even though he's been one of the most prominent liberals in the country for decades.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 6: Rejected by today's left because he actually has the courage to speak out against them. I hope he's right about the civil case. In any sane and ordinary universe, that would be true. I have to say I have a little bit less confidence about a New York jury and a New York judge. And maybe that's because we all saw the the absolute kangaroo courts that that were convened against Donald Trump, and and and having seen the civil suits and and the the the the criminal case against Donald Trump and the New York justice system. Uh, he is right on what should happen. Look, I am very grateful that that that Daniel Penny was acquitted, But it says something about how little confidence I have about the justice system in New York that I was not sure this was happened would happen. I I thought there was a chance, Uh, they they would come back and and follow through on what Alvin Bragg wanted them to do, which is punish him because he was deemed the bad guy. And and and thankfully the the justice system worked in this case. And you want to ask yourself, have you seen even a single Democrat celebrate the Daniel Penny verdict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great question.
Speaker 6: And if not, why not?
Speaker 2: As before, If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and down the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story, number three of the week.
Speaker 1: You may have missed. All right, so let's go to the border.
Speaker 2: And this might be one of the biggest just asinine middle fingers from this administration. I don't know how you want to categorize this one, but when I saw this report, it actually made me angry. And that is that the Biden administration is saying, Hey, we don't respect the voters. We do not respect that the American people decided we want security at our southern border. And what are they doing to stick it to you. They're saying, all right, watch this, We're going to sell pieces of the border wall that have not been erected yet, just to say screw you to the American people.
Speaker 6: I wish what you were saying was hyperbole. I wish it was an exaggeration, but it's not. The Daily Wire broke this story, and it's an exclusive story that is just it's stunning, it's infuriating. Here's the headline, exclusive, Biden races to sell off border wall parts before Trump takes office. The goal is to move all of it off the border before Christmas. An Arizona Border Patrol agent tells the Daily Wire. Let me read from this story. The Biden administration is using its final weeks to haul a massive amount of border wall materials away from the southern border to be sold off in a government auction, on apparent effort to hinder President elect Trump's efforts to secure the border. The Daily Wire has learned. Videos obtained exclusively by The Daily Wire from a US Customs and Border Patrol agent show unused sections of the wall being hauled away on the back of flatbed trucks from a section of the border just south of Tucson, a hotspot for illegal crossings during the Biden administration. The agent estimates that up to a half mile per day of unused border wall is being moved. This is not a small amount, this is a massive amount. Continuing the quote quote, they are taking it from three stations, Nogallis, Tucson, and three points. The Border Patrol agent, who was granted anonymities speak freely told the Daily Wire the goal is to move it all off the border before Christmas. And here's something. If that doesn't make you furious, listen, listen to this. The auction website shows that sales occurred as recently as December fourth for precisely the types of materials being pulled off the border. Gov Planet has online auction set for December eleventh and December eighteenth for more border wall material, which is listed on the company's website as quote thirty two point nine to one feet by seven point nine to one feet steel ballered wall sections with grout. The bidding for each section of wall panels is set to begin at five dollars according to the website, and this article has multiple screenshots showing these being sold for five bucks apiece. I got to say, we talked in the first segment about the arrogance and unaccountability of the Biden Justice Department, of the Biden FBI. This is, at the end of the day, that identical arrogance, and it's an arrogance of Joe Biden, of Kamala Harris, of Aallejandro Majorcis of Merrick Garland, and let's be clear of Chuck Schumer and the Senate Democrats and Congressional Democrats. Every person in America knows that the voters of America voted to secure the border. They want that to happen. And you know what the Democrats are saying on the way out, screw you. We don't care, we don't care about the voters. And what we're gonna do. If Trump's going to build the border wall, We're going to make it that much more expensive because we are so bitterly ideological that we will openly defy the will of the voters.
Speaker 1: And let's just be honest about the logic.
Speaker 2: If you're just talking about that, the logical math that you do here, there's no doubt that the Biden administration knows that this wall will be used. And if they do sell it all off before Christmas at five dollars a panel, that this is going to have to be repurchased at a much higher price because they just sold what we had purchased before that has not been used, and it will be used and it will be done. So this is just trying to make the American taxpayer suffer a little bit and to say we can't stand you and what you guys just voted for. This is a retribution for you voting them out of office and their way of sticking it to the American voter and taxpayer.
Speaker 6: Well that's right now. I will say there's an aspect of this story that broke tonight. You and I are recording this very late at night. It's twelve fifty seven in the morning, Thursday night, and just this evening, the Lieutenant Governor of Texas, Dan Patrick, a good friend of mine, went on Laura Ingram's show, and he said the state of Texas is preparing to buy up the border wall segments from the Biden administration that they're selling for five bucks apiece and then donate them back to the Trump administration. And Dan Patrick says he has up to a billion dollars of state funds to work with. I want you to listen to Dan Patrick this evening on Laura Ingram laying this out.
Speaker 13: We mean business in Texas, and Tom Holmans means business and President Trump means business. And I don't know if you heard the latest today, Laura, but Joe Biden is now hauling off the border wall that's been lying down for years. And he walked wants to auction it off, starting at five dollars apiece.
Speaker 5: Message your White House right now.
Speaker 13: I will bid on all of that wall, and we will buy it in Texas and we will give it to Donald Trump. So I'm going to find out first thing in the morning.
Speaker 5: Where are we going to take the bid.
Speaker 13: I've got a billion dollars in my pocket to do it. I write the budget with Senator Joan Hoffman.
Speaker 5: We have the money.
Speaker 13: We're going to have about six billion in our budget for border.
Speaker 1: Shippery to buy the costs.
Speaker 3: Don't drive up the costs and tell me five bucks of five bucks, I notice to the wall, and then.
Speaker 5: I will go in and buy it all.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you what.
Speaker 5: What does this tell you about the Biden people? There is there? Know, they're essentially green lights. There's more people coming in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're despicable what they're doing to the American people, and the American people obviously aren't tolerated. That's why they were thrown out. But the idea, we've been trying to buy this wall.
Speaker 5: For them from them for four years and they wouldn't sell it to us.
Speaker 13: And you know what, I'm going to check in with our Department of Public Safety. Maybe we need to start pulling over these trucks to be sure they don't have too much weight on those trucks. Maybe these trucks need to be slowed down. We need to do everything we can in Texas to stop them. The taxpayers paid for this, and they want to stop President Trump in thirty eight or thirty nine days from rebuilding the wall. I want to this is the legacy of Joe Biden. He lets off his son, He's letting off all these criminals. He's doing everything he can with these blue state governors and mayors to destroy this country. They are traders to this country, leaving terrorists, leaving murders, leaving rapist in this country. And now he wants to sabotage this president before he takes off. It is disgraceful and discussing he will go down as the worst, most despicable president in the history of this country because no one has done more to damage this country and hurt American citizens.
Speaker 5: I would agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: I think the point he's making here is absolutely right. But we're even if it's five dollars, you're double paying for something that we've already paid for and it's just solely out of spite.
Speaker 6: Well, and let me say number one, thank god for Texas. Thank god for Texas stepping up under that leading Dan. I'm glad you're doing that. But I've got to say also, listen, I'm gonna call on the incoming administration to investigate whoever made the decision to do this. And let me be clear. Let's say you're a government official, ben and you're pissed off at the people who are coming in after you. They're mad at You're mad at the voters because they elected someone different. And let's say, for example, that you're running you're running a police department. Your dad's a cop. You're running a police department, and you've got a bunch of police cars that let's say we're forty grand apiece, and you're mad because there's a new sheriff that's been elected, and so you decide to take the forty thousand dollars police cars. Let's say you got ten of them, and you go out and say, I'm going to auction the forty thousand dollars police cars off for five apiece because you want your successor not to have any police cars. And so you sell forty thousand dollars police cars for five bucks apiece. I'm going to tell you right now that is theft from the taxpayers. The idea. I guarantee you those segments of the wall. They don't cost five dollars, they don't cost fifty dollars, they don't cost five hundred dollars, they don't cost five thousand dollars. And I got to say it is grotesque, and I am calling right now for the incoming administration to investigate every person that made the decision to steal from the American taxpayers because they are such bitter partisans that they want to deprive the federal government of assets that the taxpayers paid for. You don't have the right to do that. It doesn't matter. Nobody has the right to steal from the federal government. If you're selling segments of this wall for five bucks apiece, that in my view, is absolute theft.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Sentner, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcasts every other day. You're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.