Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books. Again. That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power, written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy. Make sure y'all get that. Now, let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy Be. Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and Ihart Radio. Yo Yo, Yo, Welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance with your girl Mayby b. And we're kicking this bonus one off real reckless because first stuff, I gotta tell y'all about an ignorant moment that I just witnessed to none other than a birthday dinner that I went to. If you didn't listen to the Tuesday one. I already brought some ignorance there, but I got some more ignorance. And when I say that, I laughed so hard I almost showed y'all I was high as Helle. I put this in my notes just to talk about it with y'all today. I could not believe my ears. And it got me thinking, is there ignorance in food orders? When you don't know the food you're ordering? That is the ignorant take that I have to talk about today, and you'll laugh about it. But of course we're also getting into this is America where we're looking ahead and making some Bowl twenty twenty six political predictions. And while we're at it, we got to ask the real question nobody wants. The answer rolled out is gambling the new crack epidemic? Oh yeah, I took it there because suddenly it's everywhere. Is this about freedom? This ain't free? Or are we regulating it in the same way we did weed so that the powers can be in line with the pockets, with the one percenters. We dive into it. The whole Rico Siites conversation involving Shake, Drake, Ac and Aiden, who was taking track look at me. I'm over here, baby like a rap all right? And then next up the celebrities say the darnas things the internet what's absolutely a blaze, and it's still talking about the two Bryants. That's right, Cheyenne Briant and Pastor Jamal Bryant's wife and what the two had to wear in settings that apparently y'all, the ladies, the women, we can't wear what we want to wear, where we want to wear it without the Internet having something to say. I also have a double down or take it back from a recent take I had on my Decisions Decisions podcast. And of course we are ending things out here what celebrities say, the darnis things, getting into Jim Jones versus Cameron versus the let's wrap about a podcast crew verses fifty cent versus all the things, and we have some thoughts about these rappers on microphones. We'll get into all of the things as well as an am I ignorant at the very end to wrap it up. But before we get into all the things, I am joined by my superpred and Sad. I have journalism Jason up there in Jersey. I was gonna keep going with Jay Jersey jail Jason in Jersey. We got the Triple J over there, and then we got podcasts O G and legend a King on the mic in the boards. Uh So if anything doesn't sound right, uh, the interns not here yet. But yeah, if y'all know, like the audio age getting done, that's what you're supposed to say. Oh yeah, he making sure should get up on time over here, and then y'all we we luckily have him twice this week, y'all are y'all are gonna miss him because you're only getting him once a week, baby, but we have Jason job.
Speaker 2: You loving who you want to be hugging?
Speaker 1: Huh. And he is also journalism Jason two point zero, but he's just going to be journalism jaw.
Speaker 2: So we got insert reggae.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to start leaving him in there because it sounds so like on C like insert this here.
Speaker 2: I'll be taking him out, taking out because I mean, like.
Speaker 4: It's Jeffrey that would miss Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Bad, I missed it. I missed it. You saw it though, I saw, I saw, I saw with you.
Speaker 1: He said he wants to let y'all know he knows when people tell him to insert things in place that what you seem talking about cream is in the person, Like where will we going?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think the percentage of cream pile that's happened is probably lower. Now it's very these bitches is pregnant. These bitches is first, bro, do nobody like condoms? That don't nobody like condoms? I might want to be safe, and I get it. Don't nobody want to get syphilis? Gonnery and nothing like that, But don't nobody want no kind We don't got no, we don't know what condom?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We need to put an alert out there. Hey, y'all, the masks that we was wearing during COVID they need to come back on because there's something else out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, minds, I minds, and I start I start seeing an uptick in people wearing it to.
Speaker 3: Worried about whatever, whatever the new thing is. There's a new thund that's like the super flu super flu.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't gonna hold y'all. A bitually got sick every every every week this like no, no, no, since October November, and I was just sick in New York. Thank god, my little bo was able to get me a Z pack. So he would have got me that. But baby, I'm someone who never gets sick, and I got sick right after my birthday, and I just judged kissing st angel bitches at the at the.
Speaker 2: Bar the night before.
Speaker 1: I probably should have just been making out with strangers, right, of course I did, Okay. So I was trying to prove to the guy what nominogamy looked like, right, And I was like, yeah, man, I be going out bagging bitches. And he ain't believe me. He's like, nah, man, maybe it's a little harder for him. So we're at the bar and he just sees these women start coming to like, I'm just a bitch magnet, right, Oh a girl magnet woman magnet. Let me not, can I say with endearment?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So, so the bitches flock you feel me? And so we're at the bar talking and we're literally just doing shots. I buy these girls shots and then I tell them to kiss me, and I'm literally just on both sides two different bases, kisses enough to get sick, okay, And so didn't kiss anyone the week after. But in around Thanksgiving, I had a cough that lasted for about two weeks. I said, what the fuck is this? And then go up to New York and of course I feel like it's just allergies because I went from Cares out to Orlando to New York all a lot of a lot of travel, a lot of different changes, you know, and black Zoja.
Speaker 2: Holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was only yes and was and was because my ask took a Frontier down to Orlando that was given aid. I was like, yeah, sure, what a flying Where are the TVs? Where the outlets?
Speaker 2: Listen the bare bones of a plane travel? Yeah, I was gonna say, listen, just just staying in front.
Speaker 1: You see the wired charging, you know what? You know what. A part of me did, very briefly fill aligned with the Delta CEOs sentiments that is very classic and very ignorant. But I felt him just a little bit. I don't know if y'all saw. Over the holidays, the Delta CEO spoke out and was like, these budget airlines are ruining the experience of flights, basically insinuating that, hey, the peasants shouldn't even be able to fly, like they should just be on the Greyhound or road.
Speaker 3: Trip it megabus attitude when they when they changed how the sky miles kind of It's like it's appealing to a big spin in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm not gonna lie a part of me every time I walk into it. Every time the lounge has a line, I say, bro, I thought we took care of this. Why are there so many people in you? I'm one of those people.
Speaker 3: Whole attitude at the airport in New Orleans because the lady was like, oh, we're at capacity and capacity we weren't trying to hear nothing about that ship. The fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Myles?
Speaker 2: Like I'm about to say, listen, and that's why you moved the gold post to make it a little bit more.
Speaker 1: And look at us. We're on this side and we're like, yeah, keep over the goal post still.
Speaker 2: And the convenience listen.
Speaker 1: Well, I wanted to share with y'all. Y'all know I went to a birthday dinner and because I'm in dry January, a bitch was on drugs and so I'm not gonna lie. I was like, damn not be having the itch to be on some sort of ice. I can't go out of public and be sober sober, but no, So I literally ended up writing this in my notes because I could not believe it. So was this was Saturday.
Speaker 3: Night, Saturday night, Saturday Jason looking the calendar to make sure that this, whatever this is, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was still within it, so y'all. So, so I'm out last night, and there's two parts of this. It's where maybe your thoughts should be, you know, it should stay in your mind, but my thoughts all spilled right out because I didn't give a fuck. So the first okay, so I set across from a lovely lady who had like a huge scar on her from her mouth down to her neck. Okay, well I didn't know where it came from. And so mind y'all, I just had a friend, y'all. See underneath here, so body had just got me.
Speaker 2: Body is my cat baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very abusive relationship. I understand abusive relationships because he'll beat my ass and then I just want to cuddle with him. So I just want to move, you know I do. I just want to show him love. Maybe he'll stop scratching me. Anyways, So I have this scratch under my lips. I'm thinking this bitch probably got a cattle or dollars, you know what I mean. And so I'm looking at the scratch, and I wanted to, like, you know, what's the word when you get with somebody commisery? Now that's okay.
Speaker 2: I wanted to boss.
Speaker 1: Bond.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bond with people.
Speaker 1: About being a fur bomb. Assuming that's how she got hers, assuming that's how she got so y'all, I'm having a conversation with the people next to me, Mini, this is my thought, but I didn't say it out loud yet because we hadn't talked yet. Next thing I know, she's telling the story about this car on her face. She got shot.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Actually it was a ricochet of a bullet that sliced her face, and so it sued up. And so as she's telling this horrific story about being shot in the face from niggas that sold a car that ended up outside, she thought it was a brother they were shooting.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a robbery with ship they were breaking New York. No, nigga, this was here in Atlanta. You know, this is where they do the armed robberies for the car. What's her boy's name from?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: Do listen? Oh no, no, let's be very clear. The interior designer and contractor that I got to do the studio. Guess where I found her? In dot com worse at l Scoop. She had a video of car breaking and I clicked who recorded the video? And I said, oh, Ship.
Speaker 3: Scoop, you like how that clip was shot?
Speaker 2: I don't know information.
Speaker 1: We know the information was so I just came.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 3: She looks on it like, what, that's a crazy that.
Speaker 2: He went through it.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, for those of y'all listening who are unfamiliar with atl Scoop, atl Scoop gives you all the crime and bullet all the fluctory that's happening in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That's like NYC school, NYC school. Yeo, okay, okay. For a second, I thought it was just some about Atlanta. That was like, oh, yeah, that's so anyway.
Speaker 1: So she goes and shares this story and after I'm like, damn, that's a way cooler story about the cut on your face. I thought you had a pet. And so then that's how we became talking at that point, right, because I had to deal with my inner thoughts of thinking we bonded over having but yet this bitch got shot in the whole face. You know what I mean, And I was like, damn you you're you're scratches way cooler than mine.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell my story now.
Speaker 1: At bit I said, but you got a shot on the face, and I'm like, I got an orange cat, I got a tabby, all right. Anyways, so that goes into us like just being now now we're talking right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's the story that I came back to her at the end of which was all so weird as fuck. So I didn't get to the end of what happened after she got shot because I got pulled away into another conversation. I way twenty minutes later, and to wait, you didn't finish the story about your getting shot. What happened next? That's literally how I did that, so very awkward. This is what happens when you're hot. So anyways, food starts being delivered because again, you know, parties started late becase finally start getting food around eleven. So I see that she ordered the tuna tartary, but she's not touching it. So I look across from her. Oh yeah, this is where so I'm looking because baby, I actually with sam a tartar. So I look over and she's like, not touching it. She got the up but tasa bravas she got. She ordered quite a few, but she not touching this, and I kind of wanted to know if it was good. I said, oh, I said, why are you not touching?
Speaker 2: You know? Is it? Is it good?
Speaker 1: You don't like it's like you're not eating it. She was like, I don't think they cooked it. I said, girl, it's tartar. Hold on. I said, tartar means raw, and we ended up looking it up. Hold on. So this is how the conversation gets ignorant. So she's like, well, I wish it was chart hard because I don't know about this tartar. So then me and the I said, well, tartar is means it's raw, you know, like steak tartar tartar. So the girl next to me, this is where it gets real ignorant. She's like, yeah, tartar is the preparation of it, and I'm like, actually, I think it's a French word. So we're now at the table trying to google.
Speaker 3: She was fascinated by the scarf car.
Speaker 1: So we're literally at the table and now we're trying to spell tartar because I like, there's an e in that, bitch. So the girl pulls up tartar and we pull up that it's a classic French dish, so where I was right, Yes, it's a tartar is a dish. It's not the preparation, but it is. It does them from a French word, often meaning that it's finally chopped and raw, and ingredients are included, such as shallotte, capers, parsley, mustard, and often served with a raw egg as well, which is what I told her too. I said, now this is the It might be mixing there, but but you might be also eating raw egg, bitch, you know. So then it goes into my mind like, damn, people order food and don't know what it is. Hold on you ready, ain't gotta pay for it. So clearly she's like, I don't like my stuff raw. I don't like it wrong. So hear me out. The person right next to hermione, these are tapas or is calamari? So so she so she looks, so she looks over at the calamari, and I got literally the way this happened. And the person is like, anybody want calamari? The girl across from her so ignorance. It's like, yeah, I don't like octopus. So I'm like, well, actually, are you ready? So I'm like, oh, just so you know, calamari is not octopus, it's squid. And at that very moment, the girl, who also didn't know about tartar, is like, you mean like jellyfish.
Speaker 2: So we went.
Speaker 1: And I'm so high, y'all. I'm like, we just went from calling calamari octopus to jellyfish when it's just squid. It's just squid. And maybe they're all in the same family. I know they got tentacles and they look like when you draw when you're in fifth grade. But the way that this table and I was just like wow. So we have people ordering tartari calamari and they don't know what they ordered. So a part of me was like, when I go to other countries, I ask what is this when it's a word that I am unfamiliar with?
Speaker 2: Pretty simple, you know what I mean, Like a bitch.
Speaker 1: Wit and lived in Singapore. It was ordered ben Bimbop and I said, now, what the fuck is it?
Speaker 2: Been Bimbop?
Speaker 1: Like I needed to know break you down. The fact that Americans are in America ordering dishes that they have no clue what it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: To be fair, tartar is a French word, and I feel like calamari might be Spanish.
Speaker 2: Let me see what is going in somewhere to eat?
Speaker 3: You just want to try something different and don't ask about it and don't even as.
Speaker 2: The waiter you know.
Speaker 1: An Italian? Okay, So this is how ignorant Americans are when words are rooted in other goddamn phonetics. Yeah, but when it comes when it's Italian and when it's French, a bitch just don't know when it's on the menu and America and they out here.
Speaker 2: To why would you order? Yeah, that's the part that's confusing to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, the person that ordered it, I feel like new But when it was offered to the other people, it was giving octopus and jellyfish.
Speaker 2: But what if you was present?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's be very clear, then they would maintain ignorant that I gave a lesson at the table. Let them know that you and I also got the consent to let I told them I was going to talk about them in so you should have seen so as their deciphering between jellyfish, octopus and all that, I said, y'all, I don't know how I am, but I'm writing. It's my notes talking about.
Speaker 2: I want to add him.
Speaker 1: But I did want to ask y'all if it's ignorant or if you guys have actually done this yourself where you've ordered something without the knowledge of knowing what the fuck it is.
Speaker 2: I did that and what made you do it?
Speaker 1: I need to know the psyche behind it.
Speaker 3: So years ago, when many move before this whole thing, cell phones were out for you. When I was, when I was working, I had a nine to five early on doing this, you know, you know, as we enter this podcast space, and I remember we went went our department went to a lunch thing or whatever. Now I'm thinking it was in Long Island and I think it was in New High Park, Rising, one of them whatever.
Speaker 2: We went to this this this.
Speaker 3: This restaurant, so pardon, I'm not ignorant now, So now, your coach, they had brought out appetizers and stuff, right, and the first thing I saw, what the well, I didn't know it was calamary.
Speaker 4: How did you say calamari?
Speaker 2: Is that? How is that how you said? That's how you said calamari?
Speaker 1: Calamary?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a listen, check this out though, And I prefaced it by saying.
Speaker 1: Thought it was ring. You thought it was onion ring so.
Speaker 3: Boom, yes, so that nigga. I took one and I dipped it in the sauce, right, and I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was marinara boom. So that I had it, I'm chewing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, he's chewing it.
Speaker 3: So my colleague, you know at the time, Asian lady, she's super. She's like you and the say like she said, something is not right and she and she leaned in up to Me's like she's like you are. I said, yeah, but what And I said, yo, why the onion rings so tough? And she Yo.
Speaker 2: That's not just calamari. And I'm like what why? What? Okay, it's why I'm thinking she said that squeaz.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, if I hadn't known that before I ate, I wouldn't have ate it.
Speaker 1: Did you eat calamari? Now you know what it is? It's gonna be a growing No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not this.
Speaker 3: No Elevation's not gonna eat that. That's the one thing in that culture that I'm not eating.
Speaker 1: And that culture nigga is no. The word is entertainment, Italian entertainment. So calamari comes from the Italian meaning like meaning squid, but it's not Italian.
Speaker 3: It's just like Italian word steakhouse Italian, you know. But but it's just tough. It's tough though, a tough PiZZ of thing that well, maybe they overcooked it. I feel like if you get a good calamar should be like.
Speaker 5: If you think you're biting an onion, but you knew right that I thought that it was.
Speaker 1: That's because yeah, people ignorant.
Speaker 3: I've seen a restaurant or all of that.
Speaker 1: The fact that she sat there after ordering tartar and was like, yeah, it's like it ain't cooked and I don't know why it ain't cooked.
Speaker 2: And I said, so she didn't eat nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, she ordered the potato the patatta's prophecy. Those were just potatoes and mayo, you know what I mean. That the girl next to her ordered the calamari that she thought was jellyfish, and then yeah, she didn't She didn't eat the salmon tartar at all.
Speaker 3: She thought it was jellyfish. Makes me wonder has she ever seen a jellyfish before?
Speaker 1: She just you, you gotta stay away from But that's I'm saying. When you think of even a drawing jellyfish, squid, octopus, they all they all look the same.
Speaker 2: But it's like with a jellyfish.
Speaker 1: Tecicles are not a monolith. People matter anyways, you know what. I'm not staying here. I'm not saying here. We've already been for people who don't have a food. Yeah, that's that's a tough one. The small bites. It be wolfing y'all's asses. All right, Well, let's get into it. I did have a double down or take it back, only because I wanted to know y'all thoughts before we get into politics briefly, because we're not staying there. We're gonna get mostly into coldlture. But this clip circulating this week, this is the first episode of twenty twenty six for Decisions, Decisions, And boy were people in the comments, you know, big big in the comedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, still getting the comments right now, like wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you see this one?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: This is they're big in the comments, big, yeah, big, God, I'm pasted all of them. Yeah, I'm so. This was a conversation that Wheezy and I had and I wanted to bring it here, to bring up to get a man's opinions on it because they are upset in the comments. This is a clip from episode the first episode of twenty twenty six of Decisions, Decisions, and can you play that for me? Jason?
Speaker 5: This thumbnail is extremely Maddy, but I mean Mandy by the way.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what you're telling me is all right, here we go. This is how down like prostitutes. O.
Speaker 6: I got Homegirl's been dating a dude maybe a month and a half. He's paying for the hotel. The hotel's about seven hundred dollars a night. I was like, oh, you got your appetready?
Speaker 3: Did that?
Speaker 6: She was like, girl, I don't even know if I'm.
Speaker 1: Going on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: I was like what She was like, get my flight to the Turks And I'm like, but he got your flight back with you. You're flying from somewhere else. He's not flying with you. So she's like, yeah, but he planned the trip for us without getting my flight And I'm like, bro, how much is the flight to get to the turk room where you at?
Speaker 1: Three hundred and eighty dollars?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So she lets him know. He's like, to be quite honest with you, It actually didn't cross my mind because I assumed we were booking our flights together.
Speaker 1: And what I will tell you, though.
Speaker 6: I'm very bothered by the fact that you wouldn't even jump on a plane to come for this trip I planned for.
Speaker 1: If your friend actually liked this, three eighty wouldn't have it wouldn't have even been a thing. The real fact of the matter is she don't really like this.
Speaker 6: That's not true, bro, She's excited about him every post on her clothes.
Speaker 1: Friend. I'm saying this is this is the root of when we started really arguing on the call.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you went through the whole group chap to tell us how great this guy is, how smart he is, how thoughtful he got the hotel you wanted, the.
Speaker 1: Driver that like that you didn't need. When a woman experiences something really likes it, anything less than that is settling because she don't really like it.
Speaker 8: Get you don't do what you and this lot these holes, It's gonna have nobody, and it's okay to have nobody until the right one come. Why does the right one need to do every single thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, double down or take it back. There were a lot of thoughts from this cliss and I think that I will do both. I am still gonna double down. And the fact that I do believe that once you are given certain things from partnership or relationships or in dating, that accepting less than that is settling. So like hear me out, he me out. If you are a woman who has experienced a man who shows up with flowers, who let's make it small, right, who plans dates, who shows up on time, who is considerate of your successes in your professional setting. To me, if those are things that you like that you've already gotten, for you to be with a man who doesn't exhibit those things, you are settling with a man because you feel like this is the bar because I've already received it. Now, I get that there's women out here expecting things from niggas that they ain't never got before. Sure the bills paid the full all expense pay trips, but never got it can't afford it themselves. For a woman, though, who has experienced certain things, I don't think that it's a bad thing when they decide if a man can't show up this way, it's not enough for me. However, there was a bar dropped m that I did also see get picked up in the comments. They Yes, I don't believe that a woman should remain single until a man checks off all the boxes, because I think that's unrealistic. Sure, however, I do think that it is okay for a woman, and I'm gonna stand on this one. It is okay for a woman to if she is not satisfied with what she's getting out of this situation or what a man is bringing to the table, for her to walk away and not feel like she's subjected to this person just for the sake of dating being hard or it being rough out here, or the pickings being slimmed.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 1: So, I'm gonna stand on it. And for all of y'all thinking that a woman being single is just so terrible. It's not the same way you fucking mothers and fathers keep back.
Speaker 2: So much fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, say fine, we say rewarding. That's a very different thing. That's different things when I'm rewarding. So two things. A. The word is is doing a lot of heavy listening. You're saying that the woman is settling. Does she is she settling or does she feel like she's because because is settling A suggests like, why are you even fucking with this person.
Speaker 2: How did you get to this point with this person? You have to know even how to get to this point.
Speaker 3: So to me, you kind of already understand what's going on, and so if you feel like you're settling, to me, that's something you got to examine yourself about. Why do I have this emotional reaction to the fact that the man is doing whatever things I think I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Getting now, I want to ask y'all then, And I don't know if y'all have offered Jason. We know you're married, but I don't know if there's been the offer in your past.
Speaker 2: You've already given up on your.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know if because another part of my you know, opinion on this that that didn't make the clip, was that this could have possibly been a test. Now, when I say a test, clearly he was telling the girl to buy her one way there. He would pay for the one way back. And when it comes to men with money or just wanting to make sure a woman wants him for him and not just what he brings to the table in terms of finances, men will often kind of put a test in there. And I want to know if any of y'all have ever tested a woman in terms of not so, then I would I would like to know then how y'all have given a woman a test and if she passed or.
Speaker 2: Failed it, I personally don't really believe it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you class, Like.
Speaker 3: You don't get to find out what kind of person I am via manipulation, like like, that's not how you find out my character?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, life is going to present situations where you'll find out what somebody is really really on you. It will always show itself in various ways. Just keep living, and if you fuck with this person in your life, things will go on and you'd be like, oh, I thought you would have did this if you really fucking.
Speaker 2: Me, you didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't need to like inspect their gadget my way through some ship to try to figure out whether or not. Also, if I'm gonna test you, like, I don't think the three hundred and eighty dollars is the real test. If you're tricking off, how he solid he's tricking off? Like, I don't think the three hundred.
Speaker 1: And eighty dollars word tricking You know that that's a.
Speaker 2: Loaded that's a loaded term.
Speaker 1: What can he say over tricking? That's a sense of ave word skip a good word when it's right.
Speaker 3: Now, if you are spending your funds in the process of courting a woman, like if you're willing to spend that kind of money, right financial, But I don't think like I'm gonna need if you're going to test somebody, I need a bigger test than three hundred and eighty bucks.
Speaker 1: What would be a bigger.
Speaker 3: Test, something that's more valuable than that, Like, to me, that's not really good.
Speaker 2: Oh does she want me for me? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was willing to spend three dollars to go on the twenty thousand dollars vacation. As now she really wants me for me?
Speaker 2: Like, that's not what's the expectation of that trip? Though?
Speaker 1: That's what I said too, because I had to ask. I said the price, I said, have they sucked it? Because they were? Yeah, yeah, he expecting for the plyout And I.
Speaker 2: Said, but that's doing a lot.
Speaker 3: Just yeah.
Speaker 2: Inflation is a mother. I feel like my card was debitad here and and ship. We're trying to hold. We're trying to hold this guy's one way you can go.
Speaker 3: You can go ahead down, tell me this new hotel, a brand new hotel, brand new.
Speaker 5: It's not weird that he said it didn't cross my mind like he did all that planning, all that bred up a drive wed he I didn't cross my mind.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Lady lady, ladies, just know that a king and job will be taking y'all to Jonesborough.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: It's just ain't going no where, y'alla county. Bring your damn Yeah, y'all said all the way to the Turks. That wasn't necessary.
Speaker 2: That's just a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, I just we We didn't have much pushback from men on this. We didn't have Edin but and Wolf in the studio, but Wolf did and have Mike, and I knew y'all would give me a laugh out of that. But yeah, I doubled down and took that back. Isn't that a great way for me to take accountability at the top of twenty twenty six because I think I I doubled down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's accountability.
Speaker 1: Well that's just started me writing something. I'm not out of your writing shit. Okay, baby, it's okay to wap and turn up. In February listen, apparently we ain't. We ain't had it here in Atlanta like y season, like it's given fall. Still we you know, six six seven. Well, let's get into this is America, don't got and for this one, I guess before we get into just because because we're talking again Aiden Drake ac and all the things with the RICO. Before we get there, let's kind of get a little politicky with twenty twenty six political predictions. Since we are still at the top of the year, let's go down the list. What do we want to predict in terms of what we can expect or or feel within within this year of a second year of Trump, a hot cheeto in office in power. Dude, do y'all have any.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that I think one of the things that we're probably going to see in twenty twenty six is more like Republican infighting.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that there are issues.
Speaker 3: I think there are issues within the Republican Party where it's kind of like people know that Trump isn't exactly a lame duck president yet he still got almost three whole years in office. But I think people understand there's a life after Magan. Now they're acting like there's a life after Magan and that they need to kind of pivot themselves to be tolerable after all this shit is over. They're more willing to speak publicly against Trump, They're more willing to push back against his agendas publicly. They're more willing to use all the machinations of Congress to get things done that are more important than the Trump agenda.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so I think as twenty twenty six goes on and we go further into his presidency, I think you're going to see more of a decline within the Party of the politicians themselves of Trump support. Now, whether that trickles down to the voters or not, that's what we'll find out in November.
Speaker 2: Do voters still fuck with Trump that heavy?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's the other thing too, Right. Trump said that if Republicans don't win, he believes he'll be impeached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that might be the most honest, but he's.
Speaker 1: But he didn't.
Speaker 2: That's that's number one. This is number two. But wasn't.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he impeached or or up for well, and so I don't even think I think even him saying that is lippable because it hasn't done nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting that he brought that up because to your point, yeah, it hasn't affected him in any real way, but he still seems worried about it.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not lying. He's no, no, no, no, he's wearing these impeachments like fifty Where is the getting shot? Like I think I think him being up for impeachment for a third time and maybe getting away with it again is like I think it's it's it's it's cementing him into this of this dictatorship essentially that he's really fucking lady.
Speaker 5: I think he's dog whistling to Maga.
Speaker 1: You got to get them to vote.
Speaker 3: And this is and this is why this isn't very important because it's all enohing now, because if there's no balance to what he's doing within the power structure in the House bro the next three years, I mean, when people don't respond, you know, with their right to do so.
Speaker 1: Man, I mean, I think it's interesting and we talk about to how the Democrats lean on an emotional tug right at the heartstring, and that's kind of what I've been seeing since well while. And I'm only saying that because It's something that's been definitely circulating in my algorithm, is the continuous post on human life. And so there was just there was just a white male who was posted who ended up dying because he had to choose between paying for his inhaler he had asthma or paying for rent. Right. And so as we're talking about what just happened with the lockout, the government shutdown that took place and them not holding strong, was the rise in medical insurance and how it's impacting people. And Bernie Sanders said that because we didn't hold on to that government shutdown, that five million Americans that we were looking at possibly five million lives being lost because they weren't able to pay for their medications or things like that because it's just not affordable. Healthcare is just.
Speaker 2: Not affordable, and they don't have a plan for that.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's why I said, there's not yet a plan. But I do think it's interesting that if we talk about propaganda and what they feed us in our algorithm, I've been seeing so many stories of just regular people passing away or dying because they couldn't afford the basic necessities of their medical needs because of the cost of it, and then tying in there the cost of living where we still have where you in order to get in anywhere you need to make three times the rent. But we're also being told that AI is taking all these jobs, and you know, we're not seeing a rise in people's salaries. It's just not happening. And so the cost of living is just becoming like nothing's happening there and nothing.
Speaker 2: And that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: This midterms is going to be interesting for a lot of reasons because all of these, all those factors that you just laid out are gonna be on voters' minds.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you, we've been talking about the unfortunate passing of Anthony Joshua's two friends over in ninet. But I was just having this conversation with this super, super nice Senegalese uber driver the other day and we were talking about different parts of Africa and the countries and how it's ran. And for me, one of the scariest things about Nigeria clearly isn't how they don't have Now I'm learning that they don't have a good health care infrastructure over there either, But for me, it was the vast distinction between the haves and the have nots, right, and so what I'm seeing here is now that push of a middle class leaving our own country, which to me is what makes this country so incredible. It makes me feel so seen and safe. Even from growing up to leaving corporate America to making my own money, one of the things that made me feel the most unsafe was that stark difference between the haves and have nots when I visited Nigeria. And so seeing that we're in this position now where that's what's kind of happening here in our country, where you're having to decide whether you get your asthma you know, your asthma tank, or you pay rent, it's scary.
Speaker 3: And that's just scared politicians like not even like this isn't about promoting violence. But what I'm saying is that you can only push society so far before there's a breaking point. And what America hasn't really seen a breaking point in modern times?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Like, we don't know what famine looks like in America? You don't think you don't.
Speaker 1: Think COVID gave us that, not the millions of people.
Speaker 3: I think I think it gave US an idea maybe of what it looked like, but things were still civilized to the for the most part, there was still some level of.
Speaker 1: The Only reason why I disagree with that, the only reason why I disagree with that is only because we've seen, to me, the country be shook by multiple things that have calls divide. I mean, we could literally go back to nine to eleven with with the terrorist attack, we could go to meet the COVID, we could go to the two thousand and eight crash and economic crisis, the recession. I they're they're skirting around this our word and being real coy with it. I think we've been in a recession for the last three years, and so to me, we've seen this shakedown take place. And what what I want to predict from a political landscape, because what we've seen over the last five years is the I don't want to say growth or I guess move of regulation being removed from weed right, and a lot of people who got locked up for weed charges finally being released because now it's.
Speaker 2: You know, Biden gave some clemency to a lot to some a good amount of folks.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to turn this into while we're talking about shifts in this economy, shifts in this country. To me seeing this rico take place and having the conversation. Now at the top of the year, we were talking about Chauncey Billups and all of the coaches between N B A, n C double A, all of the betting. We now have another rico with Steak, which is another gambling site. Drake academics Aiden Ross streamers rappers who apparently are tightened because these Steak dollars that aren't real were being used to stream and go into music's which also lead into why Drake may have been the most streamed artist last year despite not really dropping anything that made any noise. Jason, damn, how else can you? I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I just say.
Speaker 1: I just say that. I didn't say that. The people are saying. I'm saying with the people and say, y'all know, Drake let me down. Y'all know, Jake Cole let NOAs down. Drake let me down. Okay. I thought he was coming to take to take the crown.
Speaker 2: Goddamn it.
Speaker 1: He said, all right, y'all, I'm just gonna hang out with this streamer and hang out in a Jason, what exactly is happening. What is the over all consensus of what is happening with this rico? Explain it to a fifth grader, because yeah, some of our yes.
Speaker 5: So it was a class action lawsuits by two women in Virginia trying to get I think, like five million dollars UH in restitution. And you know, the the rical part of it is basically they're saying that Drake Aiden Ross and there's this guy, George Waying who operates like a couple of different popular Instagram accounts. They're saying that they did this organized activity to defraud people and you're you know, asking for tips on the state platform and they were converting those tips into like crypto to then allegedly, you know, purchased inflated streaming numbers.
Speaker 1: Now, I just wanted to have a quick conversation about how we think steak is like a form.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the way Saudi or about to take over every.
Speaker 1: Street playing are you going to Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: For like a gig? Like they're gonna give me a couple of dollars?
Speaker 3: At this point, I don't think I can, only because of the fact that it's like, well, the question is for me like target. If you're Dave Chappelle and you can just eat the bad pr and don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're a.
Speaker 3: Nigga that's not already rich, and you go over there and you give up your dignity too fast, you don't have nothing to come back to.
Speaker 1: Y'all said ask me this twenty seven. I get my money, they ain't gonna give a.
Speaker 2: I feel different.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what would you find?
Speaker 2: So Ed Craven?
Speaker 3: Okay, who's who's in the Australian billionaire entrepreneur he's owned?
Speaker 1: That might make sense why Drake was over in Australia.
Speaker 2: Trani is Tranni T E h R eight And look at you being right geographic? Yeah you know what that?
Speaker 1: He the H and A means he's defined.
Speaker 2: He's the fine.
Speaker 1: Crazy you just said that.
Speaker 3: Wait, so these are the owners of steak or the people who have the biggest vested interest in Steak.
Speaker 2: You said, I'm being.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it, but you can't. But you're not allowed to say that.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm just spelling. You can get I was just giving what is oo? Trani? He's like you could be.
Speaker 3: First of all, everybody knows when you read any online news article, the newspaper. In your mind, everybody plays red, black, brown and yellow fellow. We always do it, always look at the name, and then we always place them geographically.
Speaker 2: What we're doing, maga mega social media.
Speaker 3: We have a black story and it be uh must be at your quiesha yeah, fatigued.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not so.
Speaker 1: You said, if there's an h or it's Muhammed. I know you think Muhammad too.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, Terran. I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 1: I know we heard the silent h K.
Speaker 2: I'm from Australia.
Speaker 1: When you're right, you're right, because when I see that the wind, Yeah yeah, you said.
Speaker 2: That's probably why he was in Australia a lot. Yeah, oh yeah, that's what it's given off. Sure, yeah, A.
Speaker 5: King is about to turn this into only murders four billionaires said, because maybe.
Speaker 3: I think maybe maybe it was just miscommunication and misunder misrepresentation, understanding.
Speaker 2: Of what that relationship looks like as far as what they can.
Speaker 1: Do now aside from aside from Drake's relationship, when we talk about poisoning the communities, right, the community, poisoning the community, I mean, will there at all be any I guess recourse or discourse to like we saw everyone get upset, well not even physical discourse, right, we did see And I don't know if you can look the subjectson, but I'm I'm relaying this to all of the people that lost money and the influencers that end up having to pay back some level of money for the suit against Fire festival. Right, So you had all of these influencers telling people to spend their money for this festival and it was false. Now, if you have this type of lawsuit, mind you just in one state. Stake is across multiple states, so.
Speaker 2: It says it's illegal in Arizona, Connecticut, Delament.
Speaker 1: Yet there's certain states that gambling is still not That's why I also Prize Picks all of that promoting Jersey. You can't still you can't.
Speaker 3: Have you here because they want so.
Speaker 1: So I want to ask you, you guys, though, knowing that we're in this economic crumble, how we feel like this push for our community and the nation to get into this gambling addiction, how you compare it to a crack epademic, or how you compared it to other addictions that I'm literally am comparing this ship to the crack academic because it's gonna fuck up these households that already.
Speaker 5: And mess bad, like poor communities that like what everybody's cheering for nas when he got the casino bid in New York and it sucks.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 5: But so it's like casinos are they're not good for lower income communities. Like there's just studies over a fifty year period, like and people will say, like, oh, well, it'll get them jobs and they can work in casino. There's a small amount of people are working in the casino. The rest of the community there who are gambling their paychecks to try to catch a lick.
Speaker 1: It's not good for them, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, Like, yeah, we have self discipline as as sure.
Speaker 5: Sure when the c I A, when the CIA pour is crack into the neighborhood, it's hard to have.
Speaker 1: This is about saying Pobi Niggas said, they're not spending money on bottles no more, they're spending money on parlays.
Speaker 3: But I think casinos it's hard to have discipline when there's an outside determining factor and force it's tipping the scale.
Speaker 2: But you got to mean money to walk in these places. No you don't, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: And that'll be their last twenty But.
Speaker 2: They had a choice.
Speaker 10: Oh here we are.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, look, lady's gonna come from down to run that corner.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 1: Listen, hey, we do have an our own choices.
Speaker 2: No, here's what it is. When I go play Powerball in Mega right, yeah, powerful.
Speaker 3: Mega, magamillions millions, you play magamillions, God damn. Like when I played Mega Millions, that ship went up five dollars, So you know what I did, Like, damn, I don't want to spend five dollars in its one ticket. I advanced to the power Bow because that's still two dollars. Yeah, I made a conscious decision, and I think that comes from a reasonable logical place of how but I could buy whitings and French fries for five for seven bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could go buy Tatar for tatar.
Speaker 3: It's like it's still we do have three adults, man, we got look through trial and everything.
Speaker 1: The slave adults have a choice.
Speaker 2: That's I'm not leaning into that one. Are you giving like twenty you saying twenty dollars?
Speaker 1: And then maybe they last because they think they can double it to forty. Like that's what that's what gambling is. That's the addiction. The same way as a drug addict. Youphine for the high, like feeling the uk feeling, you just want to feel that again. With gambling, if you've won once or you've seen someone else win, you believe you can win too.
Speaker 3: We are in a capitalistic society well also, but gambling unlike other addictions, gambling addiction has it's praying on two types of people, right, So part of it is, yeah, you're praying on low income communities who are desperate just to feel some kind of relief, and they feel like, if I could get this couple dollars, this could relieve my situation in life.
Speaker 2: I'm fucked up.
Speaker 3: The other person that is attacking is people that aren't worried about, oh it's my last twenty dollars. It's people who's your point, are addicted to that euphoria, that feeling of like I got hundreds of thousands, I don't even Drake doesn't need stake money.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's gambling because you're yeah, he's gambling him and aid the ross.
Speaker 3: And these rich ass niggas are gambling because they want to feel like winners.
Speaker 1: But not only do they want to feel like winners. They're promoting this feeling this you can't winning, and then the people that don't have the hundreds of millions of the also want.
Speaker 2: To participate in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so it's it's a tough thing. And what I will also, I played parlay sometimes you won. I've won once and it wasn't It was like two hundred dollars, Like I did.
Speaker 1: What you're playing pennies last names?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put it. I put it dollars.
Speaker 1: You want to put some dollars, put it.
Speaker 2: Down, you gotta.
Speaker 3: But the funny part about what Jason was saying was that people cheered for Nas getting his casino and people killed jay Z for getting for not getting it, like he's trying to take area and Tom.
Speaker 2: Squid is kind of crazy to have a casino. Yeah, he was a part.
Speaker 1: Of already the backlash when he was a zero point one percent owner in the nets.
Speaker 2: And bringing that and this is another conversation.
Speaker 3: But Nas has been able to get away with the capitalist ship that they killed jay Z for, uh.
Speaker 1: Rap about it, because he's an investor.
Speaker 3: He's an investors, right, so he's doing all this ship he can rap about in video, and all this ship.
Speaker 2: And he got But do you think uh getting away is kind of harsh?
Speaker 3: No, I think he just makes I think he is the pursuit of what he deemed hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: Of the of the real. This is a dark k.
Speaker 3: Nobody is. I haven't heard a single person you said this is dark. This is this is I'm gonna tell you why, because I just had a thought.
Speaker 2: We see people give the last every Sunday and tides.
Speaker 3: Bring your whole Oh boy, is changing.
Speaker 1: That's game, right, faith faith based.
Speaker 3: You said that, You said that, you said darkies.
Speaker 1: Offering it's gambling.
Speaker 2: With said they're playing Bible black jack over there. That bullshit.
Speaker 3: We know people, we know people in our families or jays that we've seen they I gotta pay my ties because and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, damn, but you just got an outstanding bill that you ain't Yeah, got it? You't got it? Yeah? I mean no, there's there's definitely something to playing said.
Speaker 3: But but but there, but the reaction to how people are looking at NAS in these situations and how they're looking at jay Z, it's very very I think because jay Z is out the gate, been on that type of ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it goes.
Speaker 3: Back to like, like is it.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that?
Speaker 1: It's like like what is it?
Speaker 2: Like? What is it real?
Speaker 3: And so if he was a degenerate rapper, then it would be Yeah, if nas wasn't kicking the knowledge, and knowledge, sure he can. But what I'm saying is that while you're kicking knowledge, you're also a hardcore capitalist, and that seems to be what people are railing against. Hard yeahs taking advantage. I think he's taking advantage of the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Of course he is, but it doesn't make you not a capitalist.
Speaker 3: Fact, But what if he's taking that money and pouring back into which he might be, but he's pouring.
Speaker 1: Into the community, that's essentially going to have a negative impact.
Speaker 2: On Well that a queen.
Speaker 3: Is Queen's and that area right, No, it's a South o Zone park but it has it has the casinos up there already.
Speaker 2: They just they just make it right YEA?
Speaker 1: Interesting? All right, Well we're talking celebrity talk here and I kind of want to lighten it up a little bit. And have you really said these can't because the way that you're going they had a choice.
Speaker 2: And I think we should. We should. Honestly, they made the wrong one. Aidan Ross. In my opinion, let's remove on from him.
Speaker 3: I saying culture, like I love what I show Speed is doing, statement that we should be amplifying and talking about and elevating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually Ross is not culture. He's y'all are.
Speaker 1: Hoping he gets got with this. RICO heard you, all right, Well and celebrities say the darnest things, y'all, We're gonna get into what the Internet has been a blaze talking about for the past like two to three weeks. It started off with doctor, you gonna have to believe doctor. I don't know. I was gonna say that Shy and Bryant, but that's still up for debate. Uh love you, Syne. I'm telling you, I want to see where that where that doctor degree came from.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, no, no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But she's a life coach. I just don't know where the doctor.
Speaker 2: The doctor Okay, And then when I.
Speaker 1: Looked it up, the school no longer exists. But I was, you know what's crazy. I like what she's doing though. I like what she's doing as a content creator, as a woman. I just like that she got a voice. I like what she's doing as a content creator.
Speaker 2: Positive life, right like j don'et lied and he's helping a lot of people. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So was heive?
Speaker 3: I don't think he might have been under Yeah, there's no monk. Yeah designation is.
Speaker 1: A college dropout.
Speaker 2: Yeah this Yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Saying that he was lying about his college education and certain things or whatever. Yeah, but he helped. He's helping a lot of people. So ultimately like that positive Like I don't care about.
Speaker 1: The nigga that was in Atlanta given these composite veneers. He helps a lot of people without being certified. He got the rego ya that somebody said, you know what think, Well, let's get into the It's basically what the Internet has been a blaze about is of two women, both doctor Seyan Bryant and what she wore to the g Z concert right before the New Year, and also Carris Bryant, who is the wife of Atlanta pastor Jamal Bryant, who drew attention. No they're not related, but she also drew attention with her flesh colored dress that she wore uh to the annual United Negro College Fund Mayor's Masked Ball right here in Atlanta, and he chose to take to the pew to call the internet and all the naysayers out about what he put his wife in. But the clip that I wanted to play before we get into thoughts on this was from Bishop Patrick Wooden of North Carolina's up ball Room Church of God. And you can't say, Jason, if you want to pull up the clip for what he had to say was fun. I think we heard enough about what people have to say about Shyan Bryant, but let's let's lean into this one before we share thoughts.
Speaker 7: When he defended a dress by saying, first of all, he bought the dress. Then he said, I wanted to address people who don't know anything, who ever been anywhere, know nothing. So I guess our objection to a man of the cloth presenting his wife in public looking like.
Speaker 2: A true dollar.
Speaker 1: A two dollars at least two times? Yeah, he said, Oh, he wanted to make sure y'all knew it was two dollars or not, not a.
Speaker 2: Cent more two dollars, the bigger than those, the greater the truth.
Speaker 1: Now, now with both of these, you have doctor Shyan Bryant, who holds the esteem of the doctor label, who gives relationship advice. What y'all. Y'all, I'm trying to explain what the people and then you have the first lady of the of a down South megachurch which is new Birth Pastor Jamal Bryant's church, and pretty much the sentiment is that both women were not dressed appropriately and unfortunately should be deemed a takedown of how the community should respect them, how people should listen to them, how they you know, don't deserve to be heard anymore based on these decisions and their clothing. And I kind of wanted to hear y'alls thoughts. I'll share mine first off, which y'all are going to be so shocked because I am here for the whores and the whore hive and how people present themselves. I think a woman should be able to wear whatever, but I also there's certain things that you put on that unfortunately, it don't matter what we say, what we do, the congregation and society and the world will judge you on. And for me, again, doctor Shambryant, beautiful lady didn't hate the outfit, just thought it wasn't styled well. So for me, I don't hate the look of the outfit. I just don't I think she should have wore black under it. The green didn't make sense. And in terms of Kerry Brian's stress, man, I think are just they don't know about materials. It definitely was flesh colored. Her skin was not showing. It was lace over a nude goddamn material it literally you couldn't see nothing. Yeah, I don't. I'm not a fan of the outfit of doctor Shyan Bryant here. I think she still looked good as fuck. Like I fuck Shan, you know. I think we Askedhimo sisters. That's what our call her when we like, what's Eskimo's sister? I'm sure you're talking about it. I'm just sure we've knocked down the same niggas at some point. I feel like we the same trial, We probably the same tribe niggas. We are Eskimo Sisters. We have not discussed who.
Speaker 2: Is the same.
Speaker 1: Because these niggas, these niggas just giving it out with them and listen, they just giving it out. Anyways, I didn't want to know your thoughts, So before we get into hip hop talk real quick, just if y'all had any thoughts on this, just because the internet was going.
Speaker 3: Y'all, I don't think that. No, I don't think we got a right to call them a whole. No, I don't think you call them again. I go back to the theme everybody got a choice. You know, I'm looking at the video and I'm looking at what other people wearing. She's the most She's the one.
Speaker 1: That most provocular.
Speaker 3: I think that her thing was like, Yo, this was intentional, Like I'm gonna be the show stopper.
Speaker 1: Now I want to ask y'all because I want to lean into ignorance.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Is there anywhere? So she went to a GZ concert which was like an orchestra. It was it was supposed to be like black tie event. And then you have, uh, Carrie Bryant, Is it Carrie car car Carry Bryant who went to a gallon? And this is where I want to get ignorant. Remove it from the gallop, remove it from a black tie Unless that's your answer. Is there anywhere that you guys walk into that you do judge somebody by what they're wearing based on where you're at, Like for me, this is going to be problematic And I don't give a fuck. Bonnets and pajamas. Keep them at my airport, keep them out. You already think that y'all shouldn't be flying because you know what I mean, Like there is just a way. But to me, the bonnets and the pajamas should not be worn at.
Speaker 2: The airport, ship.
Speaker 1: At the grocery store is not my jam. The grocery store.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. I don't even believe in like.
Speaker 3: Sandals and like birkenstocks and ship and like in public, like in public because for me, honestly and honestly, like this is more for men than for women, honestly, but like nigga, like if you got to run and go somewhere, like you're gonna fall the fun out of them, like little flappy ass shoes and bush ass whatever like that to.
Speaker 1: Me, she said, if you got to run from the cops, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is not not practical.
Speaker 3: But like as far as like, so, first off, these two dresses are very different dresses.
Speaker 2: They are like like the sledsh color dress. I don't have no problem with.
Speaker 3: You can say, oh, well she looks naked, Well what she looks like in what she is two different things.
Speaker 2: So like to me, it's like she's not dress. It was a little bit like okay, like you I see your flow for you.
Speaker 1: You got to take that.
Speaker 2: Going on.
Speaker 3: But also like I guess my thing about it is I guess she's a she is Wait, this is why I'm clear she's married to a pastor or she is carry.
Speaker 1: Out here trying to try to trying.
Speaker 3: To she's not if Cheyenne is not connected to the church, what what exactly are we carrious what I'm saying she's not connected to the church and she's not like, what are we talking about.
Speaker 1: Because it wasn't because it wasn't from the church perspective. With her, it's the fact that she's a doctor. A doctor should not be dressed this way, whether in public or anywhere, because.
Speaker 5: Then the professions what she says to right, because because she holds men to task, yes, and about how they present themselves to get into a relationship. Then she turns around and dresses and people people are trying to.
Speaker 1: Try to you can't speak this way, and then a lot dressed like and do that.
Speaker 2: I do think there should be a standard.
Speaker 3: I think we protect the standard the fact that we said. But the thing is, what's the standard we do? We are we just standard list Now, Well, I think we can't dress how we want to do what we want to do.
Speaker 11: This sounds real because because you know what, because look at the end of the day, guess what the shorty's is looking at us?
Speaker 2: Fan? What are the standard we holding for the little ones everybody gonna be?
Speaker 3: I mean, like the stand to me, the standard is if you eleven, you can't be naked. If you're one hundred and eleven, you could be as naked as you want to be. That's true too, But also where are you going, like the standard for what's like if we if we if we come in here in the studio, there might be a quote unquote standing even for a part.
Speaker 2: We're in a corporate building, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You can't sit here and put your dick on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just be doing that.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: That is a wild boy.
Speaker 1: The fact that they can tell him to put his little gummy dick away like that is inappropriate.
Speaker 2: But the wave out to the wave, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait didn't you say that when you was running loud speakers that somebody brought in some new somebody else? Oh sorry, oh.
Speaker 3: Ship demographic, Oh my god, talk about another another episode. But you know when I when I was helping him out, bringing him into this podcast space.
Speaker 2: He didn't, he didn't let he didn't.
Speaker 3: Let me know he was going to do this, but he had he had some girls there that was a particular profession of us and you.
Speaker 2: Know, one might say the oldest profession, very unpredictable person.
Speaker 5: And he had these girls, you know, performing this random dude.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait, I still have I thought they were getting naked.
Speaker 3: Wait no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. This girl was telling her story why she became a sex worker. Okay, she was all alled up. I think she was the nicking and Puerto Rican and Italian whatever. But some random dude from Connecticut, I believe, and I'm watching, like.
Speaker 2: Who is his name?
Speaker 1: Flip invited him in.
Speaker 3: It was all playing, but he just didn't let me know. So then homeboy pulls up and I'm like, what is the correlation?
Speaker 2: So anyway they talking?
Speaker 1: Wait, were you the engineer for this?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was producing it, but I didn't know he was doing all this shit right So then and it's the first taping, mind you just for he wasn't he wasn't and he wasn't part of Loudspeaker, but he was recording where we were recording it right, and the dude comes into the room and and then he says, yo, remember what we said.
Speaker 2: What I told he was going to do. And then it was like what.
Speaker 3: So while she's talking and whatever, this dude sitting next to her, and then she's taking pulling you know. Started she started trying to get him off. But the problem was, I don't know because it was crazy. I'm saying it, yes, there, you got there. He wasn't getting Paul, and we got frustrated. I was trying to figure out how do I stop me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So then what happened when she got so frustrated right, and the manager she had a manager, Yo, why the manager was like, step aside, I got this.
Speaker 2: She got to business.
Speaker 1: Wait the manager, I got I show you I had you have.
Speaker 3: But it's just crazy because it was it was it was recording in real time, so it was like what so lo and behold that happened. He put the clip out as a teaser from but they blurted out and then the studio got wind of it and it was like, nah, they was like taking money.
Speaker 2: If we know he was going to do that, we would have told you off top.
Speaker 3: And it was at the time they had children, used to do voiceover work there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that my brand.
Speaker 3: Remember yeah, this is twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, So mind you what I said.
Speaker 2: Before, standard what are the standard? Yeah? Setting.
Speaker 3: So in his point of view is let me do enough shock value to get attention to what I'm getting ready to jump.
Speaker 2: Into versus safety, versus all the other things.
Speaker 3: But it's like, you didn't need to do that in my opinion, Well, like this the remember.
Speaker 2: That the shot Chyenne is the naked one.
Speaker 1: Sod one.
Speaker 2: Life. Yeah. So like if I'm at the jes concert, I'm definitely not listening to j Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, by the way, exactly, it's something that I want to do. I know he has his residency now in Vegas. Everyone that has gone to that g Z Orchestra has said it's by far the best seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, yeah, I talked to uh oh yeah, but she had to tell so you couldn't see her booty. That's but you had a show like I don't think there's any I don't think that's inappropriate for a show.
Speaker 1: But it's black, that's inappropriate for black tie.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not a black time, Okay, that's not that's not that's not a black that's not a black tie.
Speaker 1: But it's definitely a veggas outfit is yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I'm not I'm not mad at her for that, Like I don't see what the problem is. Plus like she looked good, she looked great, he was great, Like okay, whatever would be would have been flying to me.
Speaker 1: It was just the styling of it.
Speaker 2: I'll say this I had.
Speaker 3: I think I have a bigger issue with like the the pastors doing the back and forth from the pool pit about this than I do with how either of the ladies are me. Is like the problem the defense of I get that that Jamal Bryant wants to defend his wife, and that's cool, defends your wife, but like he was basically like, y'all niggas a broken don't know nothing about this.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you like that.
Speaker 3: You sound crazy as a pastor, like talking like that in defense of.
Speaker 1: He said, y'all ain't never been to a gala.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know how. I'm like, you're just telling people that, like that's there, that whole ship is crazy.
Speaker 1: Give me your money every week, but you ain't got enough to give to go to it and.
Speaker 3: Then for the other pastor, mind your fucking business, nigga. Yeah, why you beefing with me? Like you're talking about podcast wars while we're having poolpit war. Why are you talking about me and my wife from your pool pit talk about God?
Speaker 2: That's what you're here for. Yeah, Like I just slapped fire out of you for even doing that.
Speaker 3: And so like I think being a pastor might be the cheat code to just get to just that might be the new rapper.
Speaker 1: New podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, but that's also part of the thing. Like these niggas wanted to be niggas wanted.
Speaker 2: To be stars.
Speaker 3: Like if you know, if you want to be a pastor, star, a pastar, then that makes you right, Like you want to be a pastar, eat tartar, that's what you want?
Speaker 2: Like that might make you look away to your congregation. Ain't gonna. I don't want to go to no church in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I told you I went to one and ended up seeing a goddamn Netflix commercial for a Tyler Perry show. Uh yeah, I think I'm cool on it too.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is weird. Like, so we went to last weekend, we went to a church. I had never been to one of these like modern church. Like for me, church is is like an old ass church that's built in the sixties with a bunch of black people, all black ladies with hats. Like that's like going as a little kid. That's the church I went to. I don't know nothing about these modern church I don't really go to church.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: So last weekend we went to this church called Passion City Church. No you didn't, so, yeah, So because it's across the streets from the crib, and my girl was just like, Oh, let's just let's go to church. Let's see what this thing is about. So we went up in there and like it felt like the white version.
Speaker 1: Of Palle of A with a black mega church, Passion City.
Speaker 2: It's production Like they come out singing like Disney.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see did y'all see the viral thing that happened over the holidays from the Mega church in Texas where they had like like little people flying through the sky and.
Speaker 2: Ship like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have pyro and like it looked like Chris Brown, but a little person with a little elf thing. Did you see it? Jason looking at it?
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like it was realome Cirtain just so late at the church. That's what the night at the church?
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you mean fight night? Like what they do at the strip club. You're looking at Passion City. They got Jesus' life behind a lanmdbow.
Speaker 2: Passion City Church. They got a whole boxing ring and everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is insane, y'all. I need y'all to google Passion City.
Speaker 2: This looks like how much they charge you get in.
Speaker 3: You didn't know, but but the way the city they get So the main church is in Midtown, but they have satellites.
Speaker 2: They have a satellite and I.
Speaker 1: Saw that too. There was a there's a megachurch here and one of my friends hopped on and was like, I was trying to go to church for the New Year's Apparently the church said, oh, we off this week, but we live streaming to everybody. So he went all the way to the church and the church didn't even hold hold the service at the church. They said, we live streaming of y'all from my living room. And I need to break.
Speaker 2: I need to watch it on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I can't even make y'all missed it. Sorry, you should have checked your emails.
Speaker 5: I was at this birthday day and there with this girl who got shot in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't even make it out, couldn't even make it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, it looked like money. She looked like money.
Speaker 1: She looked like he looked like he had enough money to snort a lot.
Speaker 3: At this church they had I guess last weekend they had a thing called, uh.
Speaker 2: They have like a festival basically in Texas. So they had a.
Speaker 3: Festival at like I think it was a Cowboys Stadium or whatever the place is, and they had like seventy thousand people in the stadium and they're having speakers and singers and all of this come through and it's like it's a real production.
Speaker 2: That was the guy that was speaking, the ball headed guy. Wow, that's the guy that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Look at it, No, look at the production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, friends value production like you walk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They keeps like I could do the audio mix up it look.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, look like he invested in his steak. Yes, no, full bad, like the whole thing. See what we do a selective ignorance live show there.
Speaker 1: Never that's the way we talk about churches. It's not gonna happen. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But here's a question I always ask though, like, and this isn't necessarily in defense of the mega church, but the question I always have is like, Okay, if you have a church and you have that many members at a regular church that just has you know, a couple one thousand people, fifty hundred people that come, the pastor is probably gonna have a Cadillac or a nice car the passer makes a couple of dollars.
Speaker 2: If you have a church.
Speaker 3: That's that big and that many people are coming to your essentially your business to patronize your business, you're probably gonna get rich. Yeah, And so like my thing about it is like, what is the line? They're not taking a vow of poverty. These aren't monks or anything like that. So I guess my question is like, when you have a church that big, what is the line of how much you're supposed to capitalism profit financially from the thing if you have, if you if you're essentially have that many customers, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't have a good answer for that.
Speaker 1: Telling me that a person who gives gives the word also doesn't want to live a certain lifestyle.
Speaker 2: One of these.
Speaker 1: The church I used to go to when I was when I was a jit, he pulled up in a motherfucker hummer. And this is when one of them things. It was like not our pastors pulling up in the hummer. It was like the age too. It was like the.
Speaker 3: Fancy when I was a little little kid, when I was legit, like our pastor had a bens and it was a regular ass, little regular ass black church and saying, look, it wasn't even no mega church.
Speaker 2: So my thing about it is what church? What black church?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: The pastor broke? What church? Dude, ain't never seen one?
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's a deeper we got. Did you saved? Why we don't see black broke past.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it's a med church or your regular community church. I ain't never seen no broke pastor?
Speaker 1: Who the democracy? Don't we want generational wealth within our community? Don't we want black people to win? Like job.
Speaker 2: On the mic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, now, y'all, this was a bonus episode. I know y'all were hoping to hear our thoughts on Jim Jones, cam Uh, the fifty Beef and all that, But you know what you're gonna have to do tune in next Tuesday to hear of on the academic because that one we're talking and it's developing. I also really wanted us to break down and get into uh Jim's business. But also I p in this podcast space, especially at the top of the year with what's you know happening over at iHeart and Netflix and Charlamage and and we did talk about it, but I want to talk specifically about E Y L with ian Ian Schwartzman.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 1: I want you to so I need that's everyone's homework. It just it just dropped like yesterday or two days ago. I need everyone, even y'all listening, please, And these are my friends, So I want you to go listen. If you're into the space of where creators, entrepreneurship, ownership, all of this is headed specifically within our community, leader, I want you all to go on over to earn your leisure. Shout out to Rashade and Troy. They sat down with Ian Schwartzman, who is to me the brains behind the Joe but the network. But if y'all go and listen to that, I would love for us to deep dive into that in terms of even we're taking this to hip hop to hip hop, So look at the history of the Dipset trademark. I want y'all to look into what Jim's building and also just what the rappers right now in the podcast space are doing, what we anticipate them doing, and how we do.
Speaker 2: Essentially, we anticipate the here we go, Here we go, we go.
Speaker 1: You are shade, y'all.
Speaker 2: A key said, I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 3: I will tell you the one I'm looking forward to, Uncle Murder and Tony I am looking forward to.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much I want to hear New York.
Speaker 2: Next talking to look behind the business dealings of Jim Jones.
Speaker 1: Why that's my homie. Naw, not too much.
Speaker 2: So why we can't talk about Tony and Uncle.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it from a place of love, that's all. She don't love them too. I ain't got no personal relationships. That's another thing, the hypocrisy of bias. Baby, it pulls up everybody. I just know I'm parking the car in the in the bias spot next week somewhere. Yeah, I mean should Hey, we're on the Black Bet Network. If y'all y'all know what's we rolled shut up to Charlamade and his two hundred million dollars deal.
Speaker 2: We hope.
Speaker 1: Let me let me but we'll get into that next Tuesday. Actually, y'all check that out. Other than that, Oh and then also it gives us time to to watch the t I I'm gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: People we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna lean into t ixing people bro a lot of things, a lot of things. I man, you know it's like they do you want to echo chamber? Or do you want someone to step out and try something new? What is it?
Speaker 3: Don't critique ship that you haven't watched or experienced?
Speaker 2: Start there. Yeah, everybody chiming in and haven't watched having experience.
Speaker 1: Next Tuesdays we gotta do. Yeah, can just take a whole shot of the whole entire podcast. You know what I just watched is one mic.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, let's get on.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, y'all get another good episode. I hope y'all enjoyed this conversation with my super producers.
Speaker 3: And journalism John, We're gonna we're gonna get active in the discord too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, get up, I'm gonna add them. I'm gonna give them the link if you guys want the link to join us in on episode feedback and am I Ignorance and all the things again something else we'll get into next week. On next Fridays episode, we'll do some more am I Ignorant? But join us on the discord and to do that you have to join our Patreon for as little as five dollars a month. You get add free content, so you get the audio ad free, you get video ad free, and you get the video to this episode. All bonus episodes are not up on YouTube, but they are on the Patreon. So if you like to watch uh this content, make sure you join us over on the patriannis patreon dot com back slash with man dy b and again make sure you follow my super producers as well as Joe. Their information is not only in the description of this episode, but yoah, tell the people where they can follow you, because I love your name on all social media.
Speaker 3: You can find me on the Instagram at mister hip hop Obama. You can find me on threads the same way you can find me on Twitter at hip hop Obama.
Speaker 1: That's right, and I'm really happy y'all will soon find him on his own podcast on. You know we we we get his feet wet, opening up a little bit, you know, pause, not opening you up too much, not.
Speaker 4: Too much, not like you know, com.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, talk about.
Speaker 1: You know what we might have to just make next week, y'all. Hope you enjoyed this episode, This bonus episode of Selective Ignorance, where curiosity lives, controversy thrives, and conversations matter. See you bitches next week. You see I can say bitch. I'm in with bye guys. Selective Ignorance a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 5: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B.
Speaker 1: Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 5: It's executive produced to Buy Mandy B. And it's a full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: That's me and Aaron A.
Speaker 2: King Howell.
Speaker 5: Now, do us a favor and rate, Subscribe, comment and share wherever you get your favorite pots, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our hosts man dy b, make sure you're following her at full Court Pumps Now. If you want the full video experience of selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash selective Ignorance