Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Welcome back to the Betting Pros Podcast. I'm your host, Dan Harris. Find me on Twitter at Dan Harris Hadi. It is week five, it is time for our best bets, and here with me is a guy you know, a guy you love, Scott Vogman. You know him from the College Football podcast. You know him as co hosted in this league podcast. Find him on Twitter at Bogman Sports. Joining us straight from Victorian England. Bogman, how are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely, you know, not the stereotypical person that loves fantasy sports and sports living at home with mom.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you do what you gotta do man to get bye. Yes if you hopefully you're watching. If you're not, please go to YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros that you can see his lovely background which looks like a lovely lady's bedroom, which is fine.
Speaker 4: I know you've got some construction going.
Speaker 2: On instruction in the house, right.
Speaker 4: I still appreciate you making the time for us despite all that. So how you guys know what this is?
Speaker 1: It's our three best bets of the weekend, whether it's against the spread, whether it's over under, whether it's money line or whatever, and then we'll quickly run through the remaining games. A couple of housekeeping items before we get in, including the most recent offer from bet mgm our sponsor. New customers, bet ten dollars win two hundred dollars if your team scores a TD again. That is a that is two hundred dollars part of me in free bets. When you've bet an NFL game and the team you bet on to win scores a touchdown. That is available in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, West Virginia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Iowa, Washington, DC, Arizona, and Wyoming when you use the code Juice one hundred again Juice the Daily Juice, our daily podcast hosted by Matt Parol. That's the code Juice one hundred for new customers over at bet MGM. Second, we are giving away a signed Saquon.
Speaker 4: Barkley, Jersey. Just leave review for the show.
Speaker 1: On Apple podcasts you want about good, leave review talk about how great you are on Apple podcasts or cashbox, and then go to Betting pros dot com slash review. Here's a great part Bogman. I assume you're subscribed already to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash betting Pros. Of course, that counts as three times the entries into the contest. Congratulations, good job, hopefully you get it. Actually, just to be clear, we are prohibited from winning the contest. I'm sorry. I'm sorry about that, man. I can you just send it to me and give away?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: I'll win you want on Christine auction. Everything's so inexpensive there anyway, who cares? All right, let's get into it again. We have consensus lines over at bettingpros dot com, but there are different books, so we will note that as well. Briefly, let's recap last week. It was a good week for our little podcast here. Pat Fitzmorris hit on the Jets getting seven from the Titans, and he also said we should sprinkle on the money line, which we did.
Speaker 4: That went well, and the.
Speaker 1: Eagles and the Chiefs over fifty four, which that went way over. He did miss on the Panthers getting four from the Cowboys. As for me, I hit on all three of my best bets, the Ravens Broncos.
Speaker 4: How's it going under forty?
Speaker 1: Under forty five and a half for the Ravens, Broncos, Giants getting seven and half from the Saints, and the Steelers Packers under forty five and a half. So I am five and one over the last two weeks. So if I do poorly hear it is Bogwin's fault. As we generally know, bog when you were the guests again, you were time traveling.
Speaker 4: So please go ahead give us your best bet of the weekend for the NFL.
Speaker 3: My favorite one is the over on the New England and Houston game, and it's not because I think these offenses are going to be explosive at all. I expect three and outs from Houston. I expect short fields for New England, which sets up for easy touchdowns, probably some turnovers as well. So I see this game playing out as like a thirty five to seven something like that. The overs thirty nine and a half, and it could be even worse than that. And if we get some garbage sign from Houston, which you don't see against Bill Belichick a lot, but it can happen, I think it goes way over that. So I think that number is just a little bit too low. Knowing that both these offenses aren't fantastic. I just think that you know, you're gonna set up short fields for Belichick, He's gonna take advantage, and he's gonna run up the score.
Speaker 2: It's what he does well.
Speaker 1: Spoiler That is a very very low total, obviously, and spoiler alert, my first pick will also be a total. But I am actually gonna go under with my total. But I will talk about this with this. I'm wondering what you think of this bagman that I think that the Texans may put up a little more of a fight here, and not not that that goes against the over whatsoever anything.
Speaker 4: Probably it probably goes towards the over.
Speaker 1: But I think, you know, you've got a little bit of a letdown spot here for the Patriots, where that defense played so incredibly well, you got the Texans, which I think I feel like the market is just generally undervaluing because it's a short memory and you just saw them get absolutely obliterated by the Bills. I think this game could see some points on both sides here, and you know, I wouldn't be surprised if it, you know, went over by you know, a hearty amount. I'm not like wanting to do it. But I do feel like the Texans are going to be able to put up, you know, a little more points. I feel like then I think the general public is expecting.
Speaker 4: What do you think.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right.
Speaker 3: I just have no trust and no faith in Davis math And I didn't really like him coming out of the draft anyway.
Speaker 2: I thought he went too high.
Speaker 3: It was the Texans first pick, and I don't think they put him in very good positions here. You know, his very first start was on short rest. Then his next start was on the road against Buffalo, who was angry. So and this this game against Bill Belichick, one of the best chess piece masterminds in the history of the NFL. Not very great. They're not putting it. They're not putting him in a position to succeed here. So I hope you're right. I hope we see some No, I would love to get some fantasy production out of somebody in not named Brandon Cooks. Brandon Cooks, even after the bad week, is still overall pretty decent. And we get Ty Rod back next week fingers crossed, hopefully, hopefully, But yeah, I mean, I just don't see much fight from Houston, right Now.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you on Mills, other than the fact that I did think like he looked better than I expected, I think against the Panthers in that Thursday night game, because I don't have much right.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he looked better on a no huddle, So maybe he's going to put some of that in there for him, Maybe a little hurry up offense, maybe something like that play to his strengths.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't that good at Stanford.
Speaker 3: He was an enormous, like yeah, ninety nine point nine nine nine two four seven recruit there. Just was never played great there either, So I was just a little leary on him coming in and he should not be starting this early in his NFL career.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with all of that, but I do like the over. I do lean that way as well. If I went somewhere, I am going to go with the same total, but I am going to go under despite how low it is. And it is the Steelers Broncos at that same number thirty nine and a half. You just heard me recap last week. I went under the Broncos game last week. They are now four and oh toward the under, and I think there is a real reason for that. I think they're going to be five and out here to the ender again thirty nine and a half. It's an incredibly small number of bagman as we sort of talked about. But you can start with the big basics, which is these are two very, very solid defenses. The Broncos are seventh in defensive DVA and waited defensive dv so they've played some cake matchups, but obviously waited DVA takes.
Speaker 4: That into account.
Speaker 1: The Steelers are twenty second, but really where they've struggled is their pass defense. Twenty third in defensive DVOA against the past, but seventh in defensive DVOA against the run, and again what was out for a couple of.
Speaker 4: Those games, So that matters too.
Speaker 1: And if you're struggling against the pass, the Broncos are a pretty good matchup right now because they're middle of the road. But again, no Jerry Judy, I think the loss of kJ Handler is big, and not again I said this last week, not because of his production, but because it's the field stretcher that opens up these sort of intermediate routes. Right for Tim Patrick, who I love, for Courtland Sutton who I love, and without that stretch in the field. I think it's really difficult for them to get drives going unless they can run the ball effectively, which again Melvin Gorn a little banged up, and again the Steelers have a strong run defense. And this is to say nothing of the fact, Bagman, that we don't even know if Teddy Bridgewater is going to play in this game, right, I mean that is the thing. Like it could be Drew Lack, he's progressing out of the concussion, but we still don't know. So it's hard for me to see either teams scoring points, especially with a pumped up crowd. Well, certainly Denver scoring points with a pumped up crowd. And for the Steelers, like we know how bad the Steelers are offense, Yeah, like this has earned how bad they are. They're twenty third in offensive pass DVA, twenty seventh in offensive rushing DVOA. The offensive line is terrible, Ben is banged up, Claypool may not play. To me, Blagman, I feel like there has to be a defensive scorer here, or a turnover deep in someone's territory for this to really put up points. I've been going with the unders for the Broncos the whole year. I'm sticking with it even with this especially because again, I just there's nothing to get excited about with the Pittsburgh offense.
Speaker 3: I picked the over make of my picks in this game, but it's just because the number is so low for both of these teams.
Speaker 2: I'm a Steelers fan. They've got nothing on it.
Speaker 4: Oh right, Ben can't throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Down down the field. You know, he missed Juju for two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Yes, last week, those wide open on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he missed, you know, almost like Marquise Brown dropping the ball a couple of weeks ago, which also played towards the under.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I understand where you're coming from on the under. Its specifically with uh these guys in Denver really banged up. Pittsburgh banged up too, but just bad on the offensive line. So the one thing I was listened to a Steelers podcast before we fired today, and there's this crazy stat about Cam Hayward. With Cam Hayward on the field, Steelers run defense three yards per carry. Without Cam Hayward on the field eight point three per care. So that'sicly, he's questionable. He's gonna play, He's going to play, but if he has to leave early or something real ugly for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Boy, all right, that's a good point. I was assuming that he's gonna play, But you're right, Like.
Speaker 3: Cam Hayward, he sat down for five minutes, left the field, came back after one snap like he plays through everything he does.
Speaker 2: Ironheads Son, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, let's get to your second bat. What do you here?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Green Bay minus three.
Speaker 3: I know they're on the road against Cincinnati, and Cincinnati has looked pretty decent, but have they played anybody really?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: They they should have lost to Jacksonville on short rest at home. I don't like that they beat a bad Pittsburgh team. You know, they beat Minnesota in overtime, so I get it. Cincinnati looks good, but Aaron Rodgers is now clicking on all cylinders. I know this is a road game for them, but I don't really care. I think they're gonna go in there. They're gonna run down Cincinnati's throat and they're gonna throw over their heads.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati still has some banged up guys.
Speaker 3: I know Jesse Bates is coming back, Woozy is a little questionable, I think in this game as well. I know we're gonna get you know, Jay R Alexander's gonna miss this game for green Bay correct, which doesn't play towards them, but Joe Mixon is out too, so I think Cincinnati becomes fairly one dimensional as well. So I think this Green Bay minus three is a little short, and I like them on the road, and I love that ESQ later of sadness since I'm a Steeler.
Speaker 1: So what's interesting to me, Bagwin is that when I looked at this, when Joe and I actually looked at it on Monday, I think it was three and a half at the time. And my guess is that this is a sharp sort of the sharps are going to be on the Bengals in this game, because I think that probably the public is going to be backing the Packers if it were three and a half, if it bounce back to there, would you still like it there?
Speaker 4: Or is it just that three?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think I think Green Bay just they're just going to move the ball better. And I specifically like what age we saw from ag dyllon last week. Once they get a lead is in the fourth quarter, against tire defenses.
Speaker 2: That is what that dude is built for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you give him the ball in the fourth quarter and he runs over all those tired linemen and linebackers and safeties. So I just I like what Green Bay is doing. I think they're clicking right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be interesting. I'm not I don't have a lean one way or the other on this game. I because again, I think T Higgins is probably going to make it back for this game, and I know there's not gonna be Joe Mix and then we've seen smaj p Ryan do. But I do think that the Packers being down almost certainly down Jay R Alexander. I don't know if he's actually been declared out yet, but I assume he's going to miss. And with T Higgins coming back, I mean, I think the Bengals are going to be able to put up a lot of points here. But I just I don't have a good feel for it. So it's a stay away from me. But I like where you're going. There's no way you like this game, by the way, because I'm the last human being who basically wants to bet on the Philadelphia Eagles right now, and it is the Eagles plus three and a half in Calrolina, and I'm going down with the shit.
Speaker 2: What you did. I did pick the Eagles, so.
Speaker 4: I knew I had you on for a reason.
Speaker 2: But I don't love the game. But I did pick the Eagles. I don't. Okay, Carolina has really beat anyone impressive.
Speaker 1: That's great. That is where we get to. By the way, like I I think Carolina.
Speaker 2: Strategy was Cincy, same deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think that that's fair. It's a fair strategy.
Speaker 1: Then let's go and you get to back the Packers though taking on since I have to take the Eagles, so that's worse for me. But you're right, Yeah, they beat up right who they beat up on? The Jets, the Saints, the Texans. That's not that impressive. Then we saw holes again in their defense, especially when they go up against.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys, which by the way, that was them off of Mini bi right.
Speaker 1: Like they had the Thursday night game, so they got to go and the Cowboys were off a short week there as well, so Thompson.
Speaker 4: And they're pretty banged up. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: On defensively, so I know I don't is Gilmore is not gonna play in this game?
Speaker 4: Is he No?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine he does.
Speaker 1: Even if he does, he's not gonna know the playbook or anything like that. I know Christian McCaffrey's playing, but I don't expect him to play in this game either. And again, Sam Darnold from a fantasy perspective has been great, but you know, I have not been overly impressed with him from a real life standpoint, Like I'm glad he's rushing for the touchdowns everything like that, but he has not struck me as the type of guy who's going to win you any games. And the big thing with the Panthers d by the way, is they get a ton of pressure, right, Like that's what they do.
Speaker 4: They get pressure almost better than anybody in the league. But the thing is that pressure is not really what works with the Eagles. Number one, their offensive line.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's been banged up and you had Lane Johnson missed last week for personal reason. Sounds like he's going to play in this game. They're getting a little healthier. But either way against Jalen Hurts just doesn't work. That's not the way his escapability. He's been good here when he's gotten pressured.
Speaker 3: So so you're gonna take chin Away too, because chin I think it's gonna be spying him most of the time. So yep, that takes a playmaker out.
Speaker 4: So great point. Great point as well.
Speaker 1: So this to me, I don't know if the Eagles are gonna win this game necessarily, but I do think they're gonna be able to keep this close. So this strikes me as a field goal game. If you're giving me the hook, that's where I'm gonna take it. And even if you're not that excited about it, you picked it as well, right, and the betting goes up, So we're basically simpatico here, Right, you're all in on the Eagles, all right?
Speaker 4: Their bet? What do you got?
Speaker 3: I've got Minnesota minus nine and a half against Detroit, And it's more from what I saw from Detroit last week against Chicago than me loving Minnesota, because look, they only put up seven points against Cleveland and that's not gonna inspire a lot of confidence in anyone. But I think Detroit, specifically with the injuries Aquir goes down Brockers is questionable on that defensive line. That does not lend in favor towards Detroit, And I know Detroit's played some hard games, right, They played some some teams hard. They're in that Niners game at the end, you know, they they have looked better than expected, but last week they turned into a pumpkin. And I think that's where we're heading for the rest of the year for Detroit, right. So I think it's gonna be a lot of running up the gut with even if Cook's not healthy. We saw Madison put up absolutely yards too. I mean it's not you know, wash your hands and put in the next guy, but he is pretty good, especially in a situation where he's going up against a roughed up defense. Penney Sewell got smoked last week by Robert Quinn and tal Hunter is better than Robert Quinn. So you're either gonna have to get real good, real fast, Penney, or they're gonna have to chip over there, which is going to take their best playmaker and Hockinson out a lot of the time too. DeAndre Swift's questionable. I just think this is domination by the Vikings this week.
Speaker 4: And don't forget like Hawkinson also has banged up a little bit.
Speaker 2: He's been in an a he hasn't been playing great.
Speaker 4: Correct he hasn't been.
Speaker 1: But their offensive line, which was at one point a real strength of their team, is also banged up, and that kind of pulling them down a little bit.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: It's a big number, but I'm okay laying it as well. I did pick this one in the app. I haven't bet it actually personally because at DraftKings are the only book that's hanging out there. Again betting Bros dot Com, I can see every book. They're the only book hanging out there at ten. Not that you know whatever, but every other book basically is that nine and a half. That's the contensus line. Ten is not quite as enticing.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think the Vikings and they are desperate, right they need just windy.
Speaker 4: They're gonna they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Able to do whatever they want offensively, like they could. Obviously we know about the issues with the line. Secondary at this point, they I think they're gonna come out at home in an absolutely must win game.
Speaker 4: Kudos to the.
Speaker 1: Lines, by the way, like for playing hard. You know j Campbell we make fun of they play hard, right, Like the Campbell's.
Speaker 2: Been much better than Urban Meyer.
Speaker 3: We can say that for him at least, right, Yeah, it's nothing off the field for Dan yet it's a low bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a low bar, but that's true. Yeah, I but I am with you on this one.
Speaker 4: I do think. I know it's a big.
Speaker 1: Number, but I also like the vikings like nine and a half. I have it as well, picked it in the app. So my third pick gets a little squishy now because right before we're recording this, we learned that Calvin Ridley was out for this game. I expected Russell Gage is also offered this game, which I kind of expected. That's fine, and so actually the totals coming down, and so right now, the latest I have is it's at forty five and a half. So I would wait if, like me, you want to go over, which I still do even without Really it's it's squishy now. I felt better about it before Ridley, but it was at forty six, forty six and a half. It's falling out of forty five and a half. My fault to forty five. I'd wait as long as possible because I don't see bouncing back up. But London is a variable, okay, I admit, regardless of anything else, Like you travel to London. It's just it does a toll on you, and you know that we don't know exactly what we're going to see here. But the Jets offense looked a little better here against the Titans. And I think there are two reasons for that. The first is that as much as we make fun of the Jets, the Jets offense is not that bad. Like the offensive line has struggled, of course, but Zach Wilson, you know, four interceptions in that game, but you give him a little time. You give him a defense that's not, you know, not I won't say an elite unit, but an above average unit like he played the first several games with the Panthers, with the Patriots.
Speaker 4: With the Broncos in Denver.
Speaker 1: Now that you've got sort of a softer defense like you had with the Titans, he looked pretty good last week.
Speaker 4: He made some good reads and quirked some good throws.
Speaker 1: The second is I think Jameson Crowder really makes a difference to that, Like right, yes, completely.
Speaker 4: Changes what they're going to be.
Speaker 1: By the way, and Mike Elijah Moore may also play in this game, but I think that Crowder gives him that little safety blanket opens up some room for him and Corey Davis. So I really think that they're gonna put up points here on the Jets side. And you know, Atlanta doesn't get a ton of pressure generally. I mean they did against the Giants, but whatever, but I don't expect them to hear. And again that's really what has forced Wilson into making some bad decisions. So again I think the offense for the Jets is going to put up points here. The issue obviously is Dough.
Speaker 4: The Falcons without Calvin Ridley and without Russell Gage, they'll put up points. The Jets secondary, who has a bunch of no names, has played a little better than expected.
Speaker 2: But still disrespect Brandon Echels like that.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I actually I am a Rice Hall fan, but we could talk about that off air. I think that, uh, you know, even with cord Earl Patterson being like the main guy in it being gimmicky, Mike Davis not showing much, but again, the key ist will factor in. I think it's gonna be a big Kyle Pitts game. So I still think I think it's gonna be a Pitts game. Like, if this isn't then if this isn't then we and fantasy wise we have to just move on from the guy entirely. But in the end, I think both in a weird game. Again, I think the defenses are going to be you know, I think when teams are tired and I feel like I see it on Thursday night, like for the most part, it effects the defense is even more than the offense. And so with the with the travel, with the time and everything like that, I think it could be a little bit affected there. So even with the injuries, I'm still going to go. I would wait, by the way for this, Like right now it's forty five and a half, but it is coming down. I would wait as long as possible. I don't see bouncing back up at this point with the injuries, but I'm going to go over here for forty five and a half for the Jets Falcons.
Speaker 3: I hate the number. I just don't like it. I'm I'm a run away from it. But I picked I picked the under but with not a lot of confidence, just because we pick every game.
Speaker 4: Do you pick every game?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I like the Jets though, I like I like the Jets in this game.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, I have them, by the way, by win at three and a half.
Speaker 2: So yeah, now it's three.
Speaker 1: Now it's three now across the board. Actually it points bet it's two and a half. I have them at I have them at three and a half. And I think we were on I was on with Joe and I said, I'm betting it now, like live on the air, because I thought that was a number that you really want now, especially with all the injuries.
Speaker 4: For sure, I think they Jets win.
Speaker 1: This game, like I I I think they come out of it. It's it's a totally new regime obviously, but they didn't travel. You know, they have traveled to London, you know in the past.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take a little bit for everything to click to a new coach and a new quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's the big big things, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh, Matt Ryan isn't cooked by any shot of the imagination, but I mean the dude is getting blasted back then.
Speaker 2: That offensive line is rough.
Speaker 3: They have no semblance of a running game right now outside of maybe Cordonero Patterson runs Mike Davis angettad done and you take away your best playmaker in Ridley and your number two wide receiver engage that's a lot and now begging this Falcons defense to put pressure on the quarterback and gonna work out for you most of the time. So Zach Wilson might step into some sacks here, but he didn't typically throw a ton of picks in college, so college and it's different. But I think that he's going to start becoming better. And I think the big X factor that you mentioned is Jamison Crowder in this game, and it was last week we saw it work, and I think it's gonna work. I mean, Tennessee's defense isn't good, but it's better than Atlanta's.
Speaker 1: So I think it completely changes the offense. I really do, because again we were sitting there and again especially without Elijah Moore, who had you know, was dealing with the concussion protocol, Like there really wasn't another option to pass to on that Jets offense. It was Corey Davis or bust you give Crowder, who again is the intermediate routes. I really think that opens things up. I haven't you know, I'm a Jets fan obviously, so I look for reasons to be pessimistic.
Speaker 4: That's just generally how we go.
Speaker 1: I haven't been that down on Wilson like it. There's going to be growing pains, I understand, and everything like that. So he uncorked a couple of throws, made a couple of great reads in this last game. I'm excited to see what he could do, and I'm excited that it's the only game on even though I'll be live on air over at Fantasy Grows and our Betting Pros YouTube channel at eleven am on Sunday morning on.
Speaker 4: There with mattly so early.
Speaker 1: I know bag win, by the way, is on Hawaiian time, so don't mess with himy.
Speaker 4: It's very, very different.
Speaker 1: I will be up watching this game for short and it's exciting to get to. But so let's go through the rest of the games I've I'll recap it very quickly. You like Green Bay laying three, the New England Houston game over thirty nine and a half, and the Vikings like nine and a half to the Lions. I like the Steelers and the Broncos under the minuscule number of thirty nine and a half, the Eagles getting three and a half in Carolina, and the Jets and the Falcons over forty five and a half. But again I would wait and get the best number that you can. Let's run through some of the rest of the spreads here, Bagwin.
Speaker 4: Just let me know.
Speaker 1: Since you bet everyone, we can know which way you went on it. Obviously, the Jets are now getting three. Number may change what I see.
Speaker 4: You like the Jets.
Speaker 2: I do like the Jets, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: And the Eagles against the Panthers. I think you said you took the Eagles, right.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, I got Kelly.
Speaker 1: By the way, that number now is coming down to three, so I like it at three and a half.
Speaker 4: That's where I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it at three.
Speaker 4: So did you get it three?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I had it three and a half. I did it last night when I checked, So I had it at three and a half. At three, it's obviously a little bit less enticing, but I think there's a reason that it go It's gone down to three, but I got it three and a half. I would still take it at three, but for my official play, because I bet it, I got it at three and a half. We already talked about the Bengals getting three from the Packers.
Speaker 4: You like the Packers there?
Speaker 1: What about the dead number of the Titans visiting the Jaguars laying four and a half.
Speaker 3: I'll take Tennessee because of the distraction of urban Minor and what we saw, particularly in the second half that Thursday night came where they made no adjustments at all.
Speaker 2: So if you find something.
Speaker 3: That works in the first half, it's gonna work in the second half. Because the Jacksonville coaching staff did adjust not at all.
Speaker 2: I hated it. So give me Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I you know, I'm expecting Brown and Julio Jones to be out. I mean, it sounds like Brown has a better chance than Julio Jones, but regardless, I'm expecting both.
Speaker 4: Of them to be out.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you're going to see fireworks necessarily offensive.
Speaker 4: It's true, it is true.
Speaker 1: I mean overtime, right exactly, it was, he actually played better than I expected overall speaking, and again, nobody went off in that game. But everybody's like you know, from fantasy perspective, just right, exactly, just just Derrick Henry and close your eyes.
Speaker 2: I thought Westbrook was going to be good because he had so much, so many snaps.
Speaker 1: But yeah, right, yeah, now that's how we're I mean, I don't and again I don't think anybody's really get to go off here.
Speaker 4: Regardless.
Speaker 1: The Jacksonville coaching staff is just so out of their depth right now that you know. I think in the end it's it's Tennessee by a touchdown, So I would like that game as well.
Speaker 4: What about the Bucks laying ten at home to the Dolphins here?
Speaker 3: The Dolphins one of the worst teams in the NFL. They get overshadowed right now by uh, Pittsburgh being bad and uh, you know, Jacksonville being bad, the Jets being bad. But Miami without Tua and even maybe with Tua have been horrific. So I got angry Tampa Bay team wiping the floor with Miami.
Speaker 2: I think this is Tampa Bay easy.
Speaker 1: So I've betted, but I think that'd go the other way. And the reason is the Dolphins have been terrible. I agree, But I think number one, it's a very very emotional, sort of draining game here that they just had against the Patriots. For the Bucks, I think the loss of Rob Gronkowski is enormous just to his ability to block and what they're able to do offensively. Like I realized it was because the rain and it's Bill Belichick, but I think a lot of their struggles were because of the fact that the loss of Gronkowski really does make a huge difference there.
Speaker 4: Their defense is really poor.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Dolphins are going to do what every other team does, which is say, I'll give you a token three runs a game and then we're just gonna pass and you don't have Will Fuller, and I think that hurts. But Devontai Parker has actually played pretty well. I think you'll see a lot of jail mall in this game. I think it's going to be close enough where I will take the back door cover. I think the Bucks are gonna win, but I think the Dolphins are going to keep it close enough.
Speaker 2: But I think I think Tampa Bay scores on defense, and I think that's.
Speaker 4: The defense that's fair. Let's go.
Speaker 1: What about the Texans getting eight and a half from the Pats in New England.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, close.
Speaker 3: I said thirty five to seven was my final and that hits the over. That's I think it's gonna play like I knew.
Speaker 1: You were going to say it because you said the thirty five seven. I don't want to bet the game, but I think I you know what, I'm not even going to I think I probably would go with the Texans just because, again I have a feeling that they're going to keep it. I know, this is what I do. I take disgusting dogs. That's why I really, really, you know what.
Speaker 3: But there is the point if you get over a touchdown in the NFL, it becomes enormously hard to cover.
Speaker 4: That is, and they're on the road with a like a rookie. I get how good Belichick is.
Speaker 2: I get like green Bay so much because it's three on the road.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: If it was much more than that, I probably wouldn't. But I think they stopped too.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all right, I look forced to go one way.
Speaker 1: I would go with the Texans, but I do not have strong feelings about it. You sound like you do a little bit, so you know, go with that. The Broncos a visiting the Steelers. We talked that game with the over under. The Steelers are laying a point.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching it, but I take Denver.
Speaker 1: You have to go one way, right, you bet every game that's what you did. Yes, I'm not betting it either. But again I'll go on the other side, and I'll go with the Steelers. Here at home again. I don't like either. I'm not betting it whatsoever. I just feel like man as bad as the Steelers are one in four, you know, against the Broncos team that I think really is propped up by the fact that they played a super soft schedule early on. They've got those injuries. I think the defense plays well enough to win this game. I like ten to seven game there, Bogman. But yes, we'll see hopefully.
Speaker 2: My neighbors also hope you're right.
Speaker 1: All right, go neighbors Vikings. We already talked about like nine and a half. How about the Saints visiting Washington and Washington is getting two and a half.
Speaker 3: I'll take Washington. New Orleans hasn't done anything on offense. I mean, I think Jamis has eight touchdowns, two picks five well week one, so just three touchdowns since then and two picks. I don't like any of it, but I'll take one Washington.
Speaker 4: Here I forced to choose. I'm with you. I will take the home dog. But I want nothing to do with this game whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So a game though, that I'm mildly intrigued by is the Chargers at home against the Browns.
Speaker 4: Chargers laying too what do you think this.
Speaker 2: Is my ultimate runaway game.
Speaker 3: I just because I will just want to sit and watch it, right, I just want to see because these are two of the best teams in the AFC right now. I got the Chargers at home. I think so far has become a pretty big home field advantage here.
Speaker 1: Well there, you know, there were I felt like there were a lot of Raiders fans though in that game.
Speaker 2: But there were. But the stadium is loud, Yeah it is. It's loud, loud, loud.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and look, maybe there'll be some Cleveland fans, but I don't think they travel.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Raid was already Raider Country in LA.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the Chargers here. If I have to go one way, you know, I'll i'll.
Speaker 1: The Chargers have impressed me greatly because it's basically what we thought the Chargers could be had they avoided injuries and had a better coaching staff for like the last couple of years. Like they have a very strong defensive, very strong offensive line. Quarterbacker really knows what he's doing. The Mayfield Old injury, I think you I think that's probably why sort of we were like, why did Baker Mayfield have the worst game of his career?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And again without Darvis Landry still there. I really think that hurts him and their ability. So I think the Chargers win. I'll lay the two points. Again, not one of my best bests, but I would lay the two points. How about the Raiders hosting the Bears laying five and a half.
Speaker 3: I'll take the Raiders to bounce back. They did just say that they're going to move Leatherwood to guard, which is I mean, get anybody else at right tackle?
Speaker 2: Right? Leatherwood's been horrific.
Speaker 1: So it's funny because every we all thought that was such a brilliant pick at the time they made right. Everybody lauded it and said great pick, right Joe, nobody liked it.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 3: Maybe he can work out at tackle next year, but it is not working right now. I think they said weeks one through four he's the lowest graded rookie starting tackle since two thousand and six on PFF, which.
Speaker 4: They make such crazy picks during that draft.
Speaker 1: Man, every single time, it's the Raiders man, it's the Raiders man.
Speaker 2: Mcclin ferrell was there.
Speaker 3: You know what is the number four, number five overall pick and now he's not even playing.
Speaker 1: They just it's it's like, it's terrible. Really, I agree with you, by the way, I agree with you. If I have to go one way, I'm going with the Raiders in this game. I do think it's a bounced back spot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Fields is just not very trustable yet.
Speaker 4: Not yet. I'm hopeful for later.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to be great, but you can't trust him yet. They're not opening it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, how about the Cowboys hosting the Giants laying seven.
Speaker 3: I want to go with the Giants, but they're two banged up. Leonard Williams is questionable for this game, so he's not going to be one hundred percent like Martinez just went out for the year. I like what Dallas is doing on offense in particular, so I'm going to take the Cowboys at home.
Speaker 1: I'm staying away from it because again, this is when this when Danny Danny Dimes comes through a little bit here on the road. Right in these games game divisional game, you know, I'm staying away though this is a game I do just want to kind of watch, but I'm just staying away. But if you got to go somewhere, You're going with the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: If I got to go somewhere, I am jumping out the window.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Cardinals laying five at home against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Cardinals, they match up well, and the Cardinals just came off a very impressive win running the ball against the Rams, which I never thought we would say Cardinals run the ball and win, but they did it. So they're showing more sides than just being one dimensional, which is going to play into their hands against this bad secondary for San Francisco.
Speaker 2: So give me the Cardinals at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like I don't have enough of a sense of what the four nineers are going to look like offensively anyway for me to have anything.
Speaker 2: Trey Lance maybe Jimmy g all right, who is it going to be?
Speaker 1: And if it's Trey Lance, I don't feel like comfortable enough to know exactly what I'd see from them anywhere. I again another stay away from me. Forced to go somewhere, I would go with the Cardinals. Like you, the game that everybody wants to watch on Sunday night, the Bills visiting the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs are three point favorites.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take the Buffalo Bills on the road in Kansas City. Don't particularly love this game, but I do think the Bills are clicking on all cylinders. After losing the Pittsburgh Week one at home, they've been playing angry, they've been running it up. I think they look great right now. They're one of the best teams in the NFL. So I'm going to take Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that first game against Pittsburgh, you know, I think there were some question marks, right They were a little bit like, oh no, is this a regression that we didn't see coming. But they've played really well since then.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm probably not gonna bet it because I just want to watch it right, But it's I think the Bills are the right side here catching the points. Final game here Monday Night Football, the Colts are visiting the Ravens. The Ravens are laying.
Speaker 2: Hate this game. Don't like it at all. I take it.
Speaker 3: Forced to pick, I'm going to take Baltimore because I just don't like what the Colts have been doing on offense. In particular, you need to give the ball more to Jonathan Taylor. But Carson Wentz is already banged up, so ye give me Baltimore, and they seem to be winning everything by the skin of their teeth. But yeah, they should have one good win here soon.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. I would go Baltimore here as well. And again there are a couple of books bet MGM.
Speaker 1: Noticeably that's at six and a half, so if you want to if you can get that, that's obviously better. I would also go with Baltimore, but again it's mostly a stay away. Okay, very briefly, I will recap our best bets and then we will say goodbye to everyone.
Speaker 4: Bogwin, you are.
Speaker 1: Taking the Packers laying three to the Bengals, the Patriots and the Texans over thirty nine and a half points, and the Vikings laying nine and a half points to the Lions. I'm taking the Steelers in the Broncos under thirty nine and a half, the Eagles getting three and a half in Carolina.
Speaker 4: If you've got to take it at three, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But I will take the three and a half because I locked it in and the Jets and the Falcons currently over forty five and a half. But again I would wait at this point because I think that number is coming down. Bogman, thank you for joining me, for time traveling, for doing everything.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: You are crushing it on the College Football Pod. By the way, if you play fantasy because I know it's betting pros, Bogman is also our IDP expert and he crushes it there.
Speaker 4: He also crushes it just generally as a fantasy expert.
Speaker 1: But here's everything Bogmin in addition to here at betting pros, in addition to Fantasy pros, tell everybody where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously in this league. With myself in the Welsh we do fantasy football three times a week. We do two shows and then a betting show as well. I do Line Star with my buddy Casey Bubba as well talking about NFL bets and of course betting pros here and sports Scrid as well, and a thousand other individual defensive podcast you know the il CFF. So all the stuff and things you can find me everywhere.
Speaker 4: Hardest working manage show business.
Speaker 1: Well, I really appreciate you coming on and you guys know what the deal is.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your weekend, all year football.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on Monday, Breaking down some of the early reaction to the week six
Speaker 4: Lines, I'll talk to you then,