Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Has had a pretty dominant performance on defensive Seattle. How do you build on that against the more high offense when it comes to.
Speaker 1: The kids, Yeah, I mean I think we wasn't perfect. We were happy with a lot of the things we did as far as how we wanted to play against them, and the guys really stepped up. A lot of guys played, and you know, even the young guys stepped up. So you just you always want to progress and keep building. So tough opponent, obviously really good players, really good coaching, and just our next step and hopefully we can you know, piggyback off last week.
Speaker 3: You know, the best get to your offensive lineup league. How do you feel about that matchup?
Speaker 1: You're right, really good center, both guards, really really tough. There's always gonna be tough matchups. They have really good receivers, even though if you are down, they just have tons of weapons everywhere. So it's just it's it's tough and we got to step up, and we've had guys get banged up, and I feel like our guys haven't met that challenge of the classic next man up mentality, and it's good to see young guys step up. Whether their rookies or second year, third year, or just new guys to our system. It's been fun to see guy's challenge and step up.
Speaker 2: What makes Andy Reid so difficult to face, particularly off of Pie Week? Is he presenting things that he hasn't shown on film yet or does he get a feel for what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's whenever you have more time, you just it's always a race every week, you know, And I think when you have more time, you can look at more stuff, but sometimes that can hurt people. I think he's really good about deciphering how he wants to utilize this extra time and the information that he gets. And plus he's been around the league so long. I think he knows how to do that, and he knows how to attack schemes, and you know, he's one of the best ever.
Speaker 4: Was an employee of each face Mahomes a few times, So how can that experience benefit them going into this one?
Speaker 1: I mean, however many times you've gone against Mahomes, It's it's going to be hard. I think it helps a little bit because you understand, you know, the preparation for him, But he's he's so difficult because he doesn't always do the same thing, you know, I mean, arm angles never the same. He doesn't have to set his feet sometimes he does. He's really good at reading the defense and you know, kind of throwing it to where he needs to. So it helps you understand who he is. But it doesn't necessarily mean you're just going to automatically have success because he's he's so good.
Speaker 5: A little bit more prone to throwing interceptions this year, How can you guys capitalize on them?
Speaker 1: Just if we get an op, catch it, you know, if it touches your hands or you have a chance to go take your shot, you got to make the most of it, you know, really, regardless of who it is. He is elite, one of the best, but yeah he has He'll take some chances here and we just got to make it, make it happen when we get it. Work with worthy with his speed or change change them from last year. Well, they have guys that can run, but he is an elite speed guy. They've I feel like they've always had guys that have that top end speed that can take the time off and run all those routes. I know they use them in different ways as well, but speed's always tough. You always want fast guys in football. You want guys that can play as well. So anyone that can threaten you down the field. You have to be.
Speaker 4: Aware in paths today so you can float up guys. One guy that's not in the no contact jersey is Ricky piersaw someone And what do you tell your guys in terms of how you make contact with Ricky to kind of kind of reintroduce him to football.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a real If he needed a blue jersey, Kyle and the medical staff would do that. I trust those guys and I don't think we treat them any different. I don't think you would want to. I'm just excited to see him out there. Just really cool.
Speaker 5: There's been forty two miss tackles in the last three weeks, and Campbell's missed I think eight or nine of them. Obviously you're going with him. Why is he a better option than Winters or Ram?
Speaker 1: We like both of them. I mean they've both been getting snaps talking about d and Devandre. He's got so much experience, he brings a calmness, he's he understands the scheme and you know he's been doing a really good job, and we've also been rotating d in there as well, so just like both of them.
Speaker 2: How much has Green improved since trading Camp and how much as you were confidence.
Speaker 1: In him and growing, it's continued to grow. I think with him it was you always felt like he could do it, and then when he goes out and does do it, it just keeps growing. And it's it's kind of grown from the off season on because you know, like we've kind of progressed him as far as you know, immediately teaching him nickel and he's and he's gotten better at that, then going back to the corner and then being able to do both. I know he hasn't played nickel, but he's trained, and then going out and performing in the game because we've kind of been rotating again, much like with Camp and and d him and Ike, you know, getting those snaps and to see him step in when Mooney couldn't go was awesome because all those guys were all three of our corners, Demo and Ike and RG were just fired up to go play and compete regardless of who they went against. And I think they all stepped up oh the same thing. He's just competitive kid that they both love football, so they love to compete. They're very they like to learn and then they apply that. So I think with him, it's, you know, it's stunk. He only had a certain amount of snaps last week because he got banged up, but he's just a tough kid who cuts it loose. And then having to you know, getting the pick on that first drive was huge. So having the playmaking ability, not just when he you see him be physical in the run game, to go make a play on a pick was awesome.
Speaker 5: Yesterday he's telling me he could tell, which is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Why do you say that that's impressive? What do you think of him?
Speaker 5: Because he's, you know, get an opportunity that he didn't expect to get and he seems to be playing pretty well.
Speaker 1: No, he's he's been great. I'm not surprised. He is explosive, like the way he gets out of his stance and stuff. Again, he's one of those guys that's really progressed. I mean even from training camp, but just seeing him jump the last couple of weeks. He got an opportunity to play and he stepped in and did a nice job and then progressing got better. The next week so just you know, how far can he take it? We're excited.
Speaker 3: Homes over the last couple of years has been a lot more willing to just take what's there, whether it's short throws down the field or the challenges and maybe the challenges of like sustained drives that are short plays like that.
Speaker 1: How violent you finish and how well you tackle? I think that's the most important thing. If they're gonna check it down, are they checking it down in five? So what's happening after that? Is he getting hit? Are we punching it out? Are we hitting him with you know, two three guys on a compression tackle? What's the stack monster? How are d line coming out? Are they hitting him too? So? What do those look like when they're throwing it is what matters, you know, whether it's an RPO or perimeter screen. You know, if they're gonna catch it at five and get eight or nine, that's not good.
Speaker 5: Many he got a couple of one your team that have been really good at punching the ball out.
Speaker 4: How do you balance the going for the punch out with making the tackle.
Speaker 1: I've always been a huge advocate of I think you can punch pretty much every time you tackle, there's sometimes you can't, but your mind. You you got to set your mind on being able to punch and tackle. Never sacrifice the tackle for the punch. But I think you you can almost every time bring a punch with a tackle as long as you're a lot of people punch and they don't bring their feet or they don't bring their body. So I think the key with that is don't let your feet die and keep bringing your body with the punch and wrap with the other hand. But the ball is everything, and everyone knows the turnover margin is so important, and why not go for it every single time you can.
Speaker 5: It's been running the turnover meetings now that.
Speaker 3: You used to.
Speaker 1: He's been great. He's doing a great job. He had it today. It was good special twist to it. Yeah, he makes it fun too. He's done a really good job. Yeah. Put some basketball clips in there. I think today he showed Kobe covering Lebron in the All Star Games. Just it was it was cool, alright, alright,