Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is Steve j Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. He got some special guests in the building. Yes, indeed, they got a new album out right now called Day Ones, Ladies and Gentlemen, Day twenty six. Yo, yo, man, blessed good, good, good good.
Speaker 3: How y'all brothers doing man? Y'all come up here just to talk about Diddy? Did you not?
Speaker 4: We don't want to talk about him.
Speaker 3: That's what a lot of former bad boy artist for doing. Now, Okay, new album Day one?
Speaker 4: Yeah about twenty six?
Speaker 1: How did y'all say together so long? Where you hear this? This industry, every almost every group breaks up. There's a problem. It's a situation. But you guys have been pretty strong for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, than god, man, I mean one thing like, I was talking to Gline the other day and he was like, man, like, I really like respect y'all like so much because you guys have been able to steal keep going. He was like, I wish my group and I would have been able to do that, said his name three times.
Speaker 6: I'm just a piggybag on for that we got some of the best fans in the world. So no matter what throughout this time, like they've been really keeping supporting us, whether it's big or little, you know what I'm saying, And they just support us no matter what. So it helped us stay together. And you know, he was working and all that too. So shout out to the greatest fans in the world.
Speaker 2: One, what's kept you all together all of these years just as a collect.
Speaker 7: I would say, like the grind that you saw and making the band of us even being created as a group like that was serious. Like we really walked to get cheese scaped, We really stood outside in the cold and put our all into this. So we take that serious everywhere we go, you know, and.
Speaker 8: Then you'll never thought about like we just walking home, you know, but I can say I really really wanted it.
Speaker 9: But like nobody ever said, like tell you.
Speaker 10: Then they group members fell off and came back and things of that, and so we had, you know, we had the heels and the valleys of groups. But at the same time, I think the passion behind us and the other thing that we're really trying to accomplish out here is is what keeps us going and we really like to be in front of the fans. We like to, uh, you know, just create the new music and be in fun of him all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember him making y'all walk for remember the band?
Speaker 6: We walked the band they only had to go to They only had to go to Brooklyn, Brooklyn. We had to walk off all of across George Washington Bridge.
Speaker 2: And I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it was crazy. It was bull.
Speaker 11: Never should have happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When when do you think that that show really was trying to set you all off for success or it's just for TV?
Speaker 1: I think it's more honestly, that show was kind of in my opinion, it is.
Speaker 12: My TV TV.
Speaker 1: It was TV, you know what I'm saying. It definitely wasn't set up for the artists to to to to succeed after definitely wasn't.
Speaker 4: But he didn't know what it was doing, you know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Only by the grades of God that like we were able to still maintain and still be here and still do music and not just do music, but do like still do amazing music. Y'all heard?
Speaker 9: No, just cool?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: R and B.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, yes, I am here. I'm going to listen you have today.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've heard from regular and I heard one in the bathroom just now when I walked in the bathroom somebody was playing in.
Speaker 12: The music while.
Speaker 1: But you said, you said that you feel like TV was made for you guys, not to succeed. Why do you feel that way? I mean, just to show I should say, I mean just just the way the whole thing was like set up, like even from the contracts, you know what I'm saying, the way it was structured to like when the cameras were gone, he was like, all right, guys, it was nice knowing you.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We had we had to really go in and fight for our next fight for our next deal, like we wasn't already signed, you know what I'm saying. We literally had to have people like Beacocks and that really cared about us and what was the name that we need? Tell it took people like that to go to the label, like what are y'all doing? Bro, y'all got the hottest R and B group in the world here, and y'all won't do nothing with them, you know, And so that's what it took for us to even get in the door to do another project.
Speaker 4: They wasn't worried about us like that. It was for what it was for.
Speaker 11: They thought about it for it like that.
Speaker 10: But you got people who've been grinding their whole life at certain things. It wasn't just a start at a TV show exactly. It was things that you know, I was ten years in right and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Right, I was signed to Wild Left at the time, you know, and I was a music world you know what, father for years.
Speaker 4: So we was already in the game.
Speaker 6: It was created to make it look like he gave us to like put us learn. We learned everything we knew from this situation, every thing, but it were venting the game. We had to get brought out of our contract, some of us.
Speaker 4: How would y'all do some of the.
Speaker 1: Things, because if y'all were already in the industry, right, I understand for people that was this was their first time signing, and why would y'all do some of the things that they made y'all do. If y'all were there, like you were signed, you were signed before y'all already your foot was in the door, Why would y'all do some of the stuff that I feel was like, I don't want to say degrading, but little degraded, like walk five boroughs across the George Washington Bridge, go get cheesecake, like and y'all know, it wasn't part of the industry. That was just part of the show.
Speaker 10: I think at that point, it's just you know, you got your foot in, but you ain't all the way where you want to go. And you see somebody who's a musical mogul and who can possibly take this thing and take it somewhere else, so you'd be like, yeah, all right, cool, I'll go and take that chance.
Speaker 11: I think that was more of a chance, and we just took it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And then for some of us, like me, I always wanted to be signed a bad Boy, so that was a that was a big thing for me, Like eat, No matter the deals that I had before that or the deal I was currently in, that's a position that I always wanted to be in. I didn't know what it was before I got into it, but that's where when I moved to the United States. Bad Boy was the first R and B hip hop that I even knew or heard of, so it had that kind of influence. And when you got that kind of influence on somebody, especially at a young age, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying, Like, where did you move from?
Speaker 6: Germany? I grew up in Augsburg, German. My dad's in military, so I'll travel around a lot. But once I came back here, I wasn't allowed to listen to R and B music like that because my dad is a bishop, he's a pastor. So when I came here, it was with my mom and I got to experience R and B. Bad Boy was the first thing that I really gravitated to, So it was something I really really wanted. So it's like going after something that you've been going after all your life and it being right there, you might do some things that you wouldn't normally.
Speaker 8: Do where y'all seeing like the previous season, like you know, were y'all close with any of the other people like child you know that.
Speaker 4: Came after.
Speaker 6: Nobody gave us heads up, I mean came, but they were still doing They were still very well in the middle of their situation too, so they wouldn't given us that many jewels to really to make us understand what the situation was. But they did try to tell us a few things, and the big sisters to us and you know, help us out or whatever, prior to us finding out for ourselves.
Speaker 3: I wonder did people take y'all serious because y'all had talent that was obviously. There was also the antics to the TV show, And I always think about that one scene where.
Speaker 2: Y'all was singing y'all last was like, yeah, but y'all gotta get naked.
Speaker 4: There's a million things that did he say at that time that.
Speaker 3: Now we didn't age well, we went back to watch the clip and you forget how hard y'all was singing?
Speaker 9: What and how good?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 11: Damn you remember the neked part.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, yo, they actually.
Speaker 8: Sounded really and ain't nobody singing like that now? Like that's what also makes it so viral too, Like you damn y'all niggas that y'all wasn't no studio, It wasn't no nothing, no touches on your voice, y'all really fucking singing like boys them in and told you.
Speaker 6: To your place was so funny when.
Speaker 10: I didn't get it, But I mean, I'm thinking he was meaning, like.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying. You gotta be vulnerable while I'm singing. But it wrong. It's how they That's the only way I was going to continue.
Speaker 1: Because if you watch.
Speaker 8: The people thing, he explained it a little bit before. Like the video that's going around now they cut out the mole. He did explain it like he wants he wants you to be open, like emotionally open, and that's how you get.
Speaker 1: The explained making.
Speaker 11: He did explained it.
Speaker 8: But the video that's going Viraus just they were just singing.
Speaker 1: He's like, all right, that's that makes really need to make It's just not aging.
Speaker 13: Well let's just put.
Speaker 4: Us especially with the new allegations or whatever things are.
Speaker 2: But did that make people take y'all less serious?
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 6: We we had a hard time breaking into radio because people really thought it was just a giveing for TV. And we had the number one album in the country and couldn't get radio plays because it couldn't get radio play because people was literally like, oh, we didn't think y'all need that, Like y'all you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And it was crazy because the people people really didn't give us the chance for as musically because of it. They was like, yo, y'all come into places and people coming to see y'all and y'all selling things out, but y'all didn't have a y'all don't have a record.
Speaker 11: That was pushing it was.
Speaker 10: It was more from the TV success that DJ's and nobody would really give us that full play like yo, now it's real dope stuff, you know, But we just wouldn't getting it just because of the TV show and what they thought we already had, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And then even then going from you know, because Willie you went from uh making a band to.
Speaker 2: Love and hip hop?
Speaker 9: He did more. Really, how did that help or hurt? Did that help career?
Speaker 10: I mean just steady and steady on the grind of things, man. I don't think that it, you know, helped much.
Speaker 11: But at the same time, it was visibility.
Speaker 8: Yeah for sure, because then we started looking at you as I get it right, But you.
Speaker 10: Know anything, but the best thing about the best thing about it is I'm seventeen years married now to this day.
Speaker 11: Ye, So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: No matter if we mess up or the things, as long as we grow and we mature from those things and were able to correct our rooms. I feel like we get to a better stage, I think, and that's why I am now how.
Speaker 2: Much of that is in the new album, Like what songs reflected?
Speaker 1: Every Man, Every record on that album is somebody's story at one point or another. Every single Like it's seventeen of the hardest R and B records you'll ever hear. I'm not just saying example a member of the group, but this is one of the dopest R and B albums in a long long time.
Speaker 10: And to answer your question, one of the songs that I think the touch on for me is a record called In or Out. I think it's really big for a lot of relationships now a days. You know how we go in and sometimes we feel like we hear we nodded, and we may be in a position to almost lose our girl, but we're fighting back and we don't understand the arguments and things to say, those type of things. I think all that stuff comes down to that one record, In or Out.
Speaker 11: I think it's really really dope.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the exclusive to produce, Yeah, and they and they really did extensive research on each of us before they went in and produced the records. Like they knew about our situations. They knew about me being newly married, they knew about some of the things they went through personally, and so they really worked hard to incorporate it into the record, to make it personal and make it, you know, make.
Speaker 8: It congratulations, you're newly married, you are three years Okay, well at the time we.
Speaker 6: Did it, I was only one.
Speaker 4: I just hit three years. But I think that's still kind of.
Speaker 9: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I like what you said about the inner out thing because I feel like anything that you care about and have cared about for a law long time, you can always go in and out of I don't want to say love, but just in and out of a feeling that you have for it.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes it feels very intense. Sometimes it's like yeah, you know, not for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a lot of things in life like yeah, I was about to say that, and there's a lot of things like that in life. It is just period, you know what I'm saying. You just got to be you know, you got you got to be strong enough to kind of you know, ten toes down and stick through it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure y'all feel like that is a group a million times.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not for sure, We're come example of it. We fight, we fussed, we cuse we we do it all.
Speaker 6: Man, we don't even be we don't We're not even around each other on an everyday basis to be able to build that you know, chemistry that most groups have and they from the same place, like one twelve and like boys to men and people like that, when they able to build that ground, they all from one place. They able to see each other every time they want. We all live in five different places across the United States. We even to just get a rehearsal for a show, take take.
Speaker 3: Flights, just didn't have a rehearsal for a show, you know.
Speaker 4: So like that, we've been fighting through that by ourselves this whole time.
Speaker 1: Group. So everything is super dup extend somebody.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to know when is too big? By the way, I just want to say that, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to know when did he said R and B was dead back then a couple of years ago, and he had y'all.
Speaker 13: Was signed to him.
Speaker 8: How did you?
Speaker 1: How did that make y'all feel? Because y'all, I don't know what he said. I mean the bad boy one, I mean, man, I feel like people like that I mean, especially with him having like a huge like platform and then having a huge partner putting us together. Obviously, it's almost like I don't want nobody else to love you if I can't have you type type situation, so I want everybody like.
Speaker 2: You, like you, not.
Speaker 3: You know what, nobody else, nobody.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think it really affected us like that because I've heard did he say hisself, like, I work with everybody from one twelve to that, and I've heard everybody from Joasy he was and he's basically like Day twenty six is the best group I've ever in my life work with bocally, So I've heard him. We've heard him say those things as well, so we work with him at the time.
Speaker 2: Did you believe him when he said that he believe.
Speaker 4: He knows that we are.
Speaker 6: I believe what he said too, and I believe he really believed that he knows.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 6: I don't think he would care if we weren't, if we didn't weren't capable of doing.
Speaker 2: Y'all better vocally than Jodasy he did.
Speaker 6: That's what he said. I didn't say that. I'm just saying, yeah, he's a lie. I like y'all, but no.
Speaker 11: Singing that Josey is great man, and so I'm not gonna say, Okay.
Speaker 3: I can see that if you're saying it like that, Kat and Jojo the lead singer and then when one twelve is usually slim with all of y'all can sing.
Speaker 8: But but let's just be honest. Though some people do skate off of sex appeal and and and them good hits though, like I'm not I'm not sitting here discredit in Judas, like yeah, we know them for them hits, you know, but then you got vocalists like motherfuckers that can like sing a cappella and make you feel the same way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why it's the big voice to men because they both embodied.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, it's both of them vibe two things at the same time.
Speaker 9: Both of y'all vibe.
Speaker 8: But it's like vocally, like if you can hear somebody saying a cappella and make you get that that feeling of jodasy when you you look like but then you need to beat, you need everything with that, it's like a vibe. I really feel vocally they are a strong group.
Speaker 2: But what you said is true.
Speaker 3: It's like Casey and Jojo would the singers, but all five of y'all, can I get it?
Speaker 1: So what happened to the bad Boy deal? And so because you were still, like you said, still having number one records and everything, So why did.
Speaker 6: They so did he went through some stuff I guess with with with Atlantic and we were joint venture between Atlantic and Bad Boy and whatever they went through at the time Atlantic took us from bad Atlanta kept y'all, yeah exactly, we were going to move forward whatever that situation was with Bad Boy because we we had to stay with Atlantic. And when y'all Atlantic did, they believe like they should have, they believed and we worked and then Brian decided to, uh, you know, do some things that made us lose.
Speaker 1: Situation like they Look, I'm telling you, we like to tell the truth.
Speaker 4: Y'all like to fabricate a whole lot.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be real with y'all. Man, Like, look, Brian is the bad guy, and I'm cool with that. You know what I'm saying. If stuff ain't right to me, man, I'm gonna point it out, and I'm gonna pointed out and pointing out. And if if nothing is being done about it. I'm just gonna remove myself from that situation. So what happened, Brian and I had to step away because it just wasn't it wasn't rising right, just you know, just some some business you should have worn the crew. That's not that's not necessarily true. I did not leave no talk record, Okay, allow me to talk Okay, No, basically, man like, I wasn't exactly pleased with the management at the time, and I just sent a letter of direction to the company, our record company at the time, Atlantic mm hmm, okay, I don't want to go ahead basically anyways, I basically like let them know, Hey, I had new management. So if there's any business as far as they concern, please direct any business as far as Brian is concerned to this person, which is Michael moose Wings. And I don't know what happened after that.
Speaker 4: Artist solo artists on a one records, that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: No no, no no, I got a solo deal with with at the time he won, mm hmm. But I wasn't. I wasn't. I was still going to be a member of the group. I just got to deal as a solo. There's nothing wrong with that the rest of the group. Did you tell the label that you.
Speaker 13: Just knew I was working?
Speaker 4: We didn't know, Jesus.
Speaker 10: The thing is Q had already left the group, so we had went down the four bay time. He was with Atlantic, so it was already four of us so different, so they wasn't gonna go through it again with him doing. He was pulling the same exact thing. He pulled, like the same letter everything.
Speaker 11: He wrote it.
Speaker 4: But you tell you very transparent.
Speaker 10: She started tripping at the gate, different vehicles and everything.
Speaker 13: Just because I wasn't messing with management exactly thing.
Speaker 1: I got my own men group.
Speaker 2: That's why did you should have never told you I was better than.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Got a promo to you doing show up.
Speaker 10: We dropped, We had dropped the record made Love Lately, which is our first single without Q was in the video, you know, getting busy and everything was getting ready to go on our radio radio.
Speaker 11: Radio promo too.
Speaker 10: He was number one most added before let me finish, go ahead and then like I think we're supposed were supposed to leave on like that Monday to start in Detroit in Ohio, Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 11: He got it, remember, yeah, because it was real. I had my backspack.
Speaker 10: That's I'm like, y'all, y'all sitting now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Atlanta just dropped y'all.
Speaker 13: Like that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you why, Brian. You know, I'm gonna tell you why somebody had to be the bad guy always. I'm gonna tell exactly why Atlantic ended up signing T G T mm hmmm. And it was a situation where two groups are the same. I mean, I mean they're pretty much the same type of group.
Speaker 13: Not really, not at all.
Speaker 11: It was it was all you, Brian. It was nothing.
Speaker 5: About there's a lot of happening, man, just a minute at the time.
Speaker 4: We was going through some things.
Speaker 1: And you know, I wanted different management.
Speaker 6: No, no, this was like what eleven I think eleven eleven.
Speaker 8: But that's what happens when it's a group like you feel me because you can't make decision because you're making decisions for yourself, but the whole time it's for other people for an account.
Speaker 2: And when you bring somebody like a T. G.
Speaker 3: T and they're gonna say, were given all especially back then we're gonna give all our resources.
Speaker 2: These more established artists.
Speaker 8: Who have made an individually come together and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: But obviously they want to put off from me. So you know what, guys, I'll take that bound. So who called Brian after because I know one of y'all called him.
Speaker 4: Like talk talk too long time? I was that was at the time.
Speaker 6: That was thing back back in after we thought the label wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 13: We then went to.
Speaker 6: Atlanta and recorded this bomb album and we're just ready to kick the door in a way that wasn't for making the band. You know, people could take us serious. We were finally in that position.
Speaker 3: Don't let me, don't let me.
Speaker 2: Fight for you, fight for your credibility.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, Why would I shoot a music video? Why would I go to one O six in Parking premiere the video with guys and everything and not playing on being a member.
Speaker 11: Because you didn't know what your actions was gonna lead to. Bro, he just did something.
Speaker 13: So basically just.
Speaker 2: Intentional. You didn't mean to do it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted my business handle.
Speaker 13: There we go.
Speaker 9: Bro, are you the youngest, you're the baby?
Speaker 2: Are you the nigga? Why did you believe what was? Why did you leave initially?
Speaker 7: Well, if you watched making the band for like the last season you saw that.
Speaker 13: I was like tripping about management.
Speaker 2: I remember that business.
Speaker 7: So that's why when we went to Atlantic, I was like, oh he's still involved.
Speaker 2: No who the manager at the time? Okay with the manager, I remember.
Speaker 12: Yeah, old.
Speaker 1: So when I went into your business, how did y'all eat during that time? I know you jumped hip because it was like the bags was there, this was out, this was my life. So how did y'all eat from that? You just get dropped. Brian's not effort with y'all, You're not talking to him. So how did y'all eat? Because y'all group, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, God is good because we had a lot of exposure at that point where we could do we could find money in the same industry doing everything like for instance, even still now work for the Board of Education in New York for black New York black arts that do off off broad off Broadway for all the schools in in the area that you know, children can't pay all those money for Broadway tickets, so we bring Broadway to the schools and stuff like that. So I got into I got involved in that more that end of things. And still you know, producing and writing for people people always once they see you on TV your music things, people always gonna come. And you know you're always gonna be able to have a bag. If you know how to work, he'll work, you'll craft.
Speaker 7: What about you of not being in the group, Michael, Ye, to be honest, it was a very hard time about It was a very hard time for me. This is a time where I went through mental health and I'm hell now, but that's I went through so much of not being in a group and.
Speaker 13: Some other stuff too. Uh. It's just was a time of kind of like me trying to recover.
Speaker 2: Did you yes, good job me too?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask because you said something Mary, You said that did he didn't really know what he was doing, which is shocking because you know of all the success he's had with R and B groups like before y'all it was the Jodys was the one twelve.
Speaker 2: What you mean when he said you didn't know what he's doing?
Speaker 6: Well, I just think it was more. I think it was more divine. I think God had more to do with it. I believe he knows good talent, he know how to put it together. I just don't think he thought he was putting together this five Well, I meant that all these years later, whether he's involved or not, no matter how much we've been kicked down or that, we're still gonna overcome, you know, from these five different places in the in the world that already put a big wedge but between us to be able to be successful, to be able to get rehearsals in and stuff like that. So I just don't think he really knew. I don't think he was really in control. That's just my spiritual opinion. You know, I think you know what I hate you, guys.
Speaker 7: I hate a passionate person that doesn't have a good work ethic. And I think we're all passionate and to have great work ethic, and I think that keep us together too.
Speaker 3: Did he don't have a good work up because you're saying no, I think other groups and people that can't keep it together.
Speaker 7: And like artists got you, sometimes they have the passion, but they don't know how to put the work in behind it.
Speaker 13: They don't want to get.
Speaker 7: Up early in the morning, or I don't know, they just don't want to put the work in behind it.
Speaker 3: But what did y'all learn from bad Boy in those days? That y'all are still able to apply to now.
Speaker 1: Man, there's always somebody, always somebody trying to take I'll never forget that. I always remember that somebody always trying to take your spot, like somebody else is working harder, you know what I'm saying. Like so like, I think that's that plays a huge part in us still being a group as well. The sad thing is what you said something earlier that because it was a reality show on TV show, I don't think people took y'all as serious as they should have, right. I think we did that with everybody. I think we did that with Deity Cane. I think we did that with the making of the band Crew with even on the crossover, Ruben studied and Fantasia. Fantasia is kind of the only one that we really accepted to. But Ruben, I don't love them.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 1: I just heard an album like working a new album now phenomenal.
Speaker 3: The reason I disagree with the analogy he's making because they didn't make people on American Idol do the things that they made. American Idol was always treated as this is gonna be the next superstar, It's gonna be America's next top superstar.
Speaker 2: They didn't have him walking to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Like a degrading type thing was you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: And at the time it's crazy because at the time you don't see it that way. And man, you just sent a fight and you like, you know, the competitive nature and you was like, now I'm just gonna win you.
Speaker 13: I mean, no matter what, make.
Speaker 6: You when you're competing and make it like that too, Like when you're competing to Geinst somebody else, it's not really thinking about what you're doing.
Speaker 4: It's just thinking about beating you know what I mean?
Speaker 11: What it is he ain't gonna beat me.
Speaker 1: For the first album too. When the group was picked, y'all still in the competition.
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 3: If when when Brian left the group, did y'all did they Well, you didn't even have the option, but did you think about replacing them?
Speaker 4: You know our fans wouldn't have that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what we felt.
Speaker 10: We just felt like with them watching us grow on TV and come together and it's just been hard to be like, yeah, here's.
Speaker 13: This new guy.
Speaker 4: Can't get no cheesecake.
Speaker 14: I feel like that wasted a lot of other groups tried it and it failed.
Speaker 1: No, audition did great with it when they put Johnny in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, That'sohn.
Speaker 6: Somebody somebody didn't lose nobody to add them.
Speaker 4: They just added an addition to they didn't get rid of.
Speaker 13: We watched a lot of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 13: Different things.
Speaker 3: Goes back to the point like all of y'all are vocalists, you can do that and definitely child because no disrespect. You know they want sing but La saying they weren't, they weren't considered the lead singers. Yeah, right right, Mike, What was your take when Brian left? Because everybody saying it was completely Brian. They got dropped from.
Speaker 14: Atlantic and it was it was it was his fault, it was it was something.
Speaker 1: Somebody always got to be the bad That's okay, that was you, That's okay, except that.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna ask who was the biggest uh you know, diva of the group back in the day.
Speaker 2: But I think we've got that answer.
Speaker 1: No, no, I mean what did you?
Speaker 4: What is what is the definition of of that diva? Late? Oh, I'm never late.
Speaker 2: Never bo I.
Speaker 1: Gotta stay at the five star, I gotta.
Speaker 11: Fly first class.
Speaker 1: That type person who are looking at who are looking at Brian who is that person?
Speaker 4: I don't know. At that time, I don't know. I don't think we had that.
Speaker 1: Look Day twenty six new album, Day ones available right now. It's available right now, y'all.
Speaker 3: I do want to talk to you all about when I know, when the bad Boy reunion to it happened, y'all weren't there, But then y'all did y'all y'all own thing?
Speaker 2: Did they even invite y'all?
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, yep, yes we did.
Speaker 14: You Brian we got invited was on the radio and said something to Puff and man, I.
Speaker 1: Just basically was like, yo, like I just find it kind of weird. I don't know anything about that, but I just.
Speaker 12: Pause.
Speaker 1: No, like I absolutely know nothing about that. I just felt like it was weird that, like, yo, you got a whole bad Boy to come like going on, Like it wasn't like in the beginning stages or talks or anything like that. Nobody reached out to us before did anything. The tour was on, so nobody reached out to us, And I felt that was kind of weird because like, yo, like I felt like we played a huge part and you know, I mean especially in like the you know, the so all was.
Speaker 11: When he didn't know, he didn't reach out.
Speaker 12: It was the nation.
Speaker 14: Okay, he didn't transparency buff He had us on like certain dates so like all the major markets, he want us to come in and fill in on those. But then once he was putting it together because we was doing like the big autograph signing and things and sending that in for the the merch and once like a week later, Brian need an interview and saying, you know, we need to be on there.
Speaker 13: On there, and then he took off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like.
Speaker 6: Peer called me personally and was like Peer called me personally, was like, hey, man, tell your boy Brian to shut up.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm like, well, he's like, we already got you on tour, but puff don't put you all on there no more because he heard him, because he heard what he said or whatever.
Speaker 11: And to shut up, man, load of the back.
Speaker 12: Guy.
Speaker 13: I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the miscommunication because that's just a conversation.
Speaker 1: Now now he said all that, right, that's my first time hearing about all that.
Speaker 4: No, it's not bro, I did.
Speaker 11: You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like, y'all you always want Okay, cool.
Speaker 15: You know you got the Beast accountability who definitely said after the fact.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying before nobody knew about any of this, any of this, they was thinking there was no communication, there was no transparency. I wouldn't. I wouldn't. Do you think it would have happened had I known all this information? Like That's why I'm saying, like communication is key to everything, every relationship, every business, every everything. Communication is key to everything. And there was no communication being brought to Brian.
Speaker 9: So if somebody knew and with tell.
Speaker 2: You, I didn't know, that was management. Okay, management, brothers, forget the management.
Speaker 11: No management told us not to tell Brian.
Speaker 1: I got left out of it.
Speaker 14: Because again, this was weeks of him telling us this, and we were in the process, like we're in the last phase of like doing the autograph signing to be a part of the tour. So I don't understand how he slipped through the cracks and everybody else didn't.
Speaker 3: But right, every every executive bad Boy is lying if they act like that band era of bad Boy didn't matter. Like general, all of what we grew up on it from the band to danity came today twenty six.
Speaker 11: That's that's what I felt.
Speaker 10: So even with that era, being watchedtreating from that tour was like what you're doing, Like it kind of put us back in the mentally to think like, okay, cool, we already knew he's coming from a television show, but he even kind of stamped that more for us at that moment, like damn, you really thought of it just like a TV show. And the rest of his music is what you're doing. But you know, you're just trying to erase what we what we brought, you know. And so that's why it's really strong that we're still here, you know, because it's it's without no extras, you know. It is because we're really passionate about what we're doing. Is because we really believe, and it's because the fans really receive us and and they come out.
Speaker 4: And we've been people try to stop us too.
Speaker 6: We didn't have some roadblocks along the way, like some big opportunities that kind of just like kind of fell.
Speaker 4: Through and we don't know why, you know, So that kind of adversity too.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, I mean, deals't really I don't know if I.
Speaker 10: Should really, I mean, but basically basically deals that that we had that you know that we know that we would actually and that you know, just magically.
Speaker 3: Like labels, endorsements, contracts already signed and everything.
Speaker 11: After after the.
Speaker 10: Bad Boy, after Atlantic, we had more opportunities because people saw it and they believe, like yo, y' ain't got to deal. So we started having so many conversations. We had situations, we was we had us situation was actually signed to another major and as.
Speaker 11: We did like a press release to let the world know the next day, the next day we have a deal.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 9: Yeah, label that I remember that, I mean, I mean we can't speak.
Speaker 1: Look up, you feel that everything is happening happening with right now? Is Calma for some of the stuff he did, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 10: Play about me man, so I mean I I don't know. It's a lot of things that he's done. I mean, I don't know what he really did and didn't do.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do got to ask a question though, earlier today we heard a guy say that did he like to record in the shower? Like he set up equipment?
Speaker 4: Have you lovers.
Speaker 1: I ever recorded the shower.
Speaker 8: Bathroom about that's.
Speaker 13: Crazy a lot.
Speaker 4: Mann. I would do about half of the stuff they said.
Speaker 6: I never experienced it myself because I feel like, as a grown ass man, some of the stuff you just shouldn't experience anyway. And I'm a grown man. There's only so much so far you can influence or push me or direction.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go.
Speaker 9: I was from about to shoot.
Speaker 1: And every day they said, they set up all the equipment like show like, I think you're making this up.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 4: Did he watched it?
Speaker 1: I said, you said you got to show what he's say happened in the shower.
Speaker 13: I watched it.
Speaker 1: What he said, I don't remember.
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 6: Just watch what you're talking about with Sarah Stokes and all the mon that one just came.
Speaker 9: Of them, but the one that just came out a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 4: I did that when it just came out.
Speaker 1: Well, but he said recorded and did he wanted to record in the shower because he said he got it was a vibe in the shower.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm gonna be honest recording music. Oh, I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Just want to say to be very transparent with y'all, like I've been through so much trauma with this guy man and the whole situation, and I just want to say, I think he needs a lot of prayer and he needs mental health, like the things that that we can relate to, you know, absolutely, I think that's what's going to save him or help him nothing else. I don't think we should talk about him. I don't think we should make fun of him.
Speaker 9: It's like real A lot of the stuff is funny, though, I'm.
Speaker 2: With you onred. But the just point is it is a lot of comedy, a lot of trauma.
Speaker 9: You can really do laugh, just just.
Speaker 4: Not all of it, all the thousands a baby, it's funny.
Speaker 3: But like a lot of times, man, you see people a lot of times when we talk about people's trauma, it makes it feel like we're making excuses for him, but it really is that really probably is the root of all of this, you know, like hurt people, hurt people, man, But.
Speaker 8: No, you you're definitely want something like you know, just inform because obviously the latest documentary, which is why we was asking you all about it, it actually dives into his childhood and how he may have gotten to the state of where he is or where he was it of a bad boything like my man know, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Show like you know, it's past with his mom and how things that he was preview to at such a young age and how it how it may have a lot to do with conversations.
Speaker 2: You don't got to answer how did how did he traumatize you? Personally?
Speaker 13: I can't talk about it right now, but you find out soon.
Speaker 1: The reason I said I do like these conversations is there's a lot of young people that's trying to get into the industry and a lot of times if we don't tell these stories. Whether you know, people are gonna joke, it's regardless, but a lot of times if we don't tell these stories, people don't see it right because from the outside, you know, we see Diddy on television a lot and a lot of it it seems for TV, but you guys have been traumatized by you know, and his other members have been traumatizing if we don't a lot of times we don't tell those stories, the next generation of artists that's coming up have no idea why.
Speaker 6: I got so much respect for the new the new generation of artists because they found the way to not need labels and do these things.
Speaker 4: They become famous on their own.
Speaker 6: Right now, bro, I guarantee you nobody can get on TV and doing making the band because these little kids are whoopio ass you get on there telling to go get some cheesecake or talking to them the way did he was talking to us and stuff like that. I'm not taking nothing away from ourselves. We just had respect for our It was different era. These kids ain't letting that happen.
Speaker 8: And to the point of where Amy was saying, like, yeah, it's good to tell these stories. I understand it's hard for you to tell you is right now, but it's good to tell him because what did you say. You said you came from Germany when you got to the States. That was the you wanted to be son with bad because you didn't know about all that other stuff. All you knew was this guy. He made this person, this person, he produced this record, and he had Biggie and he had you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I went to you as the bad boy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: That's also why these things are important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and is it hard right? Like you know, cut it out? You had you had trauma from that.
Speaker 3: Dude way before any of these allegations, right, so when you got to do interviews and you know, these questions are going to come up to the trigger things.
Speaker 13: Honest, and he used to.
Speaker 7: And my documents that I have from my mental health, I have his name mentioned in there. But it used to traumatize me a lot to where everybody thought something was really wrong with me stuff. But I just don't blame him. I'm blame people around him too, because they ain't innocent either. So it's it's allowed.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, like you said, enables people around him, who are you know, whatever whatever happened, we don't know because he's not found guilty or anything like that, but the people around him, that's allowing it to happen. A lot of times those people are just as guilty. You've seen something and never said say something. Now I've seen it, Well, how come you to say it? Then you could save that person, help that person. So when we see things like that, that's why I always feel like it's good to talk about things where people understand, because a lot of people don't understand the industry. They just see the gold and the glisten of the cars, the mansions, the jewelry, the clothes. They'll be like, this is what I want. But a lot of times they don't know how that happened, you know.
Speaker 3: So when you hear the all real days and the you know, the d Woods talking, how did that make y'all feel?
Speaker 6: I mean for me, I just said, and I really didn't know, you know what I'm saying. For us to be so close with them, for us to be so close with them and experience so much with them, to not know that they was experiencing those kind of things, that kind of that was weird to me because I had literally never heard nothing like that about any of them while we were there. Now, we experienced some of the stuff with him, you know, firing them and all of that stuff, but as far as like you know, the stuff that that the Woods and then we're talking about like body shaming and that other things like with Sarah talking about talk about it was to me, everybody, that's what I'm talking about, anybody, But it was further. It was further than that, like she went, like Sia Stokes was talking about how he touched her in appropriately.
Speaker 4: You those kind of things like that.
Speaker 6: I never really experienced those and I've never seen them act that kind of way.
Speaker 4: But that could be their mask or their shield.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it, but I'm just saying, as they brothers, they never they never disclosed those kind of things with.
Speaker 2: Us, and the sad thing when men, but you kN y'all brother was going through something.
Speaker 4: Not at that time.
Speaker 10: So when when he ended up coming back to the group, and that's when we started to understand things was different and seeing a different walk and.
Speaker 2: Understand I let it.
Speaker 13: I want to sing background for Dirty Month right he was.
Speaker 11: On stage with them on the news at time.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was looking at the news, like, why is my group remember singing backgrounds?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so he stuck around a little bit longer inside of that that that formula versus us leaving and doing atlantic thing and trying to figure that out. So when he got back, we did notice different things or whatever. But yeah, he's a lot better right now, a lot better.
Speaker 1: I would say things are changed because when men deal with things, it's usually funny at firs, right, no matter what it is, like, you know, I'm not putting you stuff out there. But Charlomage talks about the time when he was a kid. That's something happened to him. And the first reaction when he tells that story, people laugh.
Speaker 2: Sorry about you. And when Clo first taught you how to d J, I laugh about that too.
Speaker 1: There's nothing there.
Speaker 3: When first thought about the DJ, he was standing at the bus stop sucking on a lot of Popca.
Speaker 11: In a nice car, and you was like, damn nothing nice car.
Speaker 9: And when you was little, he was around your sisters in the room.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and a new audition popped up on the TV and showing me was like.
Speaker 9: Michael, is that nigga cute?
Speaker 12: And about.
Speaker 3: Sitting on Wendy Williams Black teaching you how the DJ came up behind you.
Speaker 2: This is a good segue to ask you all about freak off.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be honest, never I think the only time, the only time we've got the door to a couple. But we're blessed to be warned about a lot of this stuff before we before we were ever an opportunity off camera to be involved in it, so we already knew what not to do where, you know, whatever the case may be. I don't know what was exactly going on in those things, but we were definitely warned not to go a lot of people on the game.
Speaker 11: Some man, it's a little birdie from the show from back show and Jennifer.
Speaker 4: A couple of as told.
Speaker 11: Us a dancer it was like, stay away from the red door.
Speaker 4: To us to stay away from the red door. So that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I would not want to go through what y'all went through.
Speaker 4: Bro like that.
Speaker 9: Who gave y'all the name day twenty six Who was that?
Speaker 4: We did? We did?
Speaker 8: Okay, So y'all okay, I thought that was like that he's saying, like, man, he tried to take.
Speaker 4: It the day we came up with.
Speaker 6: He tried to take it from us and change it to twenty six day, and were like, nah.
Speaker 1: Okay August.
Speaker 10: No, the name came from us being selected on August twenty six. So we just took that through the years, you know. Yeah, we heard like okay, Yeah, it didn't age well at some points because people were like, you know, it does great now, but I'm saying, but at some point we had people like, yeah, you've been.
Speaker 11: Around for twenty sixth day, you know it a little bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, At the same time, it came from August twenty sixth or somebody liked.
Speaker 1: The day that changed our lives. It's a day that we will always.
Speaker 2: Remember, whether it a blessing, our crystal blessing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, man, man, I won't I won't even put put nothing like negative on this man like, because I mean, God still he's still working on this.
Speaker 10: And it was it was like a Curtains day because like, you know, a lot of you know, we got a lot of money with the blood, a lot of money, you know, but at the same time, we still got our passion, we still got our voices, we still got our fans, we still got our uh to do for our families. We're here, we're making a statement, so all those things still matter, you know what I mean. So that's why I would saying throughout all the curses that could have been throughout the years, we ended in a blessing for sure.
Speaker 8: My last question, okay, so you got this album out now, will y'all be touring?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: And does did he recoup anything? Are no more not?
Speaker 4: Technically?
Speaker 13: Did we talk about like our publisher.
Speaker 11: Well, he still got our publishing from from those.
Speaker 1: He gives, didn't we got.
Speaker 11: And he can give it to us now, you know, you know, make the cause of it.
Speaker 1: But we do all the other money? How much?
Speaker 4: Right now? His kids got all that money. His kids name is mama.
Speaker 11: Every time I say month, I'd be like man to.
Speaker 1: The public, to the publisher and his kids and mom. But at that time when he said I was giving all my artists back there publishing.
Speaker 9: He sat right here and said that we did.
Speaker 11: Everybody bang, Yeah, he probably did something.
Speaker 10: Then I was talking to Aurey during the time, and she was telling me a lot of things. I guess she had got off of the situation, and she was saying how it wasn't worth it anyway.
Speaker 2: She signed scientif.
Speaker 9: She got all day got thirty three dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much you think it's owned out of everything? Because I know young you guys figured it out with accounts and all that.
Speaker 13: How much you did?
Speaker 11: You know what the thing is?
Speaker 10: Even off the show alone, they made millions of had to be like, you know, seventy the hundred.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 11: It was just it was a lot of money. We just I mean, I don't know the exactly.
Speaker 2: We just is fifteen million.
Speaker 14: Oh that's what that's what they told us.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the first album we got.
Speaker 11: We got first album.
Speaker 12: That's yeah.
Speaker 11: I got to say what you talking? I think, yeah, you what you're saying. No, that's not correct.
Speaker 1: It made fourteen million, that's I'm I'm like fourteen million.
Speaker 3: Fourteen We didn't go you know, did You would say we spent so much money on them, We put so much into them, and we didn't.
Speaker 2: Recoup back when we put in.
Speaker 6: But I would disagree because our situation was tied with MTV that was paying for so much stuff and for the on their end anyway like that. It took so much cost off a bad Boy in Atlantic that didn't make no sense. So that makes no sense. That didn't have Yes, they were, they weren't spending NOD As a matter of fact, they were getting their budget from having us own Bad Boy the sub label, you know what I'm saying. So that's impossible for that to even be business wise, y'all know business they don't go like so.
Speaker 3: Many people had their hand in the pot that probably you didn't get no money in talking about MTV bad Boy in the scope Atlantic Atlantic.
Speaker 14: Like everybody, the writers there, like everybody that signed up, like they got they rich right now, Yeah, he might have owned somebody to favor of something. They got theirs out of you know, whatever it was. But we knew what it was signing into, at least I did, and we had to sign.
Speaker 1: So what did he change the publisher? Because it wasn't in his kids name at first?
Speaker 11: Right, No, it was always that was it from the jump.
Speaker 1: From the jump. It was from the so he already knew what which I mean, I get it.
Speaker 10: He a father and he got kids because but at the same time, don't erase money.
Speaker 1: I'm a father and I got.
Speaker 12: And that's why it comes down because I'm.
Speaker 10: A father and a kid and now we want to, you know, be able to do for children the same way, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 11: So give me my money.
Speaker 6: That's all I care about with the whole Diddy thing. Man, I just want my money, bro, I just want my mon I want what I'm worth, the albums that we sold and the way I should be living. And I don't want to see your kids rolling around the car better than mine.
Speaker 11: I mean.
Speaker 4: All my stuff.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's just weird. Have you even had that conversation and justify that with somebody? They're just weird?
Speaker 8: You know, You're coming a whole different way like that.
Speaker 9: So day once he gets nothing from day.
Speaker 1: One is a lettable right now, all streaming platforms to Mirror and the exclusives. Man, they put this album together a Mirrors. That's my cousin back there.
Speaker 10: And I think the biggest thing about this album is the first album he was able to do with just one writer, one producer.
Speaker 11: You know, that whole type of nucleus was just us.
Speaker 10: You know It's other albums always had different producers, you know, different writers, including us, but this is right here was just one body of work, you know, one produce that whole type of feel, and it means real R and B. I think everybody will enjoy it. People have called it a classic, you know, so I'm hoping that everybody you know go check it out.
Speaker 2: Is my last question?
Speaker 3: Is the industry really worth your peace of mind? And if you could do it all over again, would you have taking the rock y'all took?
Speaker 7: I would say, it's not the industry, it's the people in the industry, man. So I love the industry and the work that is provided, making my dreams come true, making me join with the group and the experience. All that's great, but it's some wicked people.
Speaker 13: Out here, man.
Speaker 7: And that's everywhere you're talented. They would try and they would try to come in and just distract you and destroy whatever it is that God has for your purpose, man, and you just got to watch out for them people and don't compromise.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, definitely support Day twenty six. I know y'all got to show me.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Show is sold out tonight, Yeah, I mean tonight, first show sold out. You know what I'm saying. Second show is almost there, so get your tickets right The merch, you know I'm saying, the Day twenty six merchs y'all see that? Yeah, hoodies, we got hats, we got crop tops, we got crop hood we got sweats, we got all socks. What else we got? Uh shout out to.
Speaker 13: Mark and Aaron.
Speaker 1: We got varsity jackets as well.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I see the quality is amazing.
Speaker 9: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah good.
Speaker 3: I'm just happy to see y'all working man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate you all from joining us. Let's get into a record which I want to hear single over you off our new album. Let's get it on right now. It's the Breakfast Club is Day twenty six.
Speaker 13: Yeah, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club