Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and you have found the official Second Day podcast. If you didn't realize, maybe you're new to this podcast feed. Every Tuesday, we actually do something a little different called our Awkward Tuesday Phone Call.
Speaker 2: It's way cooler than put together Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're just perfectly spot on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, totally, And that's anytime you have an awkward situation, you call us for help and then we just you know, air all your dirty laundry so you get to enjoy that episode in just a second of first comments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, c Giordanna said, I literally found you guys again recently for a second time.
Speaker 1: I used to listen when I was.
Speaker 4: Younger, probably fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: Then I found the podcast and forgot and I remembered it and now I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I hope you're obsessed with this episode too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my chance. If you are the Giordano, the heir to the r Giordano Pizza empayer Chicago, please send us some pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, just in case, all right, you never know. If not, just listen it starts sounding.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest milestones in every relationship is the first major fight over something really really dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it has to be something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like when Brooke almost left Michael all because he insisted the soy sauce had to be stored in the fridge.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense the restaurants.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Michael, Thank you, Jeffrey A good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never poisoned ever by soy sauce.
Speaker 4: You won that argument for sure. Well, one of our listeners is gone through something similar, and she admits she may have gotten overly emotional during a text exchange with her ex boyfriend. Question is sauce experty? Can we work our magic and answer the soy sauce question before things get really ugly. You're gonna find out your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. When you're in love, sometimes you do crazy, irrational, emotionally charged things.
Speaker 1: Like have kids. Is that what you're saying? No?
Speaker 4: No, maybe that's your life story. But later on you come to regret those things, like for me on Valentine's Day. And I know some of you in this I've heard this before, but when I was in college, I basically destroyed my own fraternity house. After I invited two women to the Valentine's Day party, both said yes, and once they arrived, neither hung out with me the entire day. So yes, the ceiling above my bed had to be kicked in. Oh thank you Bacardi. Oh it's not fair.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I don't see angry Jeffrey because that sounds like mirror.
Speaker 4: That's in love, Jeffrey. But today what they're dealing with a regret that was also spawned out of love. Not sure if Bacarty was involved in their misfortunes, but let's talk to Jennifer about it. Jennifer, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Hi, guy.
Speaker 1: Just one red flag talking to another possible red flag.
Speaker 4: Even talk about Macarty like Bacarty orange flea. Yeah, yeah, I made all the good decisions back would walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jennifer, Please tell us that you're making smarter choices than Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's my girl, all right, tell us about your situation. How has love come back to bite you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I was dating a guy for four months. His name is Jason, and we met when my car got desclined at a bar and he offered to pay for it opportunists.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we started hanging out, and I was very clear with him that I like it when he pays attention to me, Like, for example, When I say that, I mean like, if I'm on the couch with you, look at me, listen to me, respond to me.
Speaker 4: Well, that's three whole things that you're asking a man to do while he's sitting on a couch. You tell us, he's a big ask.
Speaker 1: You just you don't want your boyfriend to ignore you. Is that what you're saying? No, watching the movie, only look at.
Speaker 3: But also like, so be checking the sports score constantly, like know that I'm there, present with me as well?
Speaker 4: Be present?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean is this something like how soon into the relationship did you lay this down there?
Speaker 6: The first week?
Speaker 1: The first week?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Yeah, it's pretty clear. That's what I like, and that's how I like to be dated.
Speaker 4: You know, it's good to establish rules early on in the courtship sometimes, And.
Speaker 1: It worked for four months. Yeah. Yeah, so he was into it. He was fine with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he agreed because you had no other choice. But then one day throw me off and he stopped.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, what happened, he stopped paying attention to you.
Speaker 3: So one day he just didn't respond to me for an entire twenty four hours, he didn't respond to my text. I get upset, like, clearly he doesn't respect me enough to answer one text. I don't care how busy you are. I'll give you three hours.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so you're not even together in the same space right now, you're texting him and he's not responding, right, okay.
Speaker 1: Are you guys in the same city or is he traveling for work?
Speaker 3: We're in the same city. So I dumped him overjeck.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that seems a little rash.
Speaker 4: Was he in a surgery or something? Yeah, you don't know what he was doing?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the next morning, he's like, are you joking? I was just busy. We literally talk every day. Do you want to be with me? And I was like, uh, becuse you were a small for twenty four hours, so no thanks, Like, look.
Speaker 2: Okay, in the wildest defense of my life, listen here, if you're used to texting someone every single day, morning, noon, and night, and then one day four months later with no explanation, that does seem out of the blue. I don't know if you break up, but that's very weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't even have to talk about it. You just dump them via text. Mean it's a different story, are you, Like, are you regretting it now? Is that why you're calling our show?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, when I dumped him overjecks, I kind of got me thinking about the other stuff that annoys me, Like he never posts on social media ever, Like I like some guys i'm dating sends me Instagram funny men their phones.
Speaker 1: You want them looking at me.
Speaker 4: That's not true. She wants them on the phone talking to her and not looking at anything else.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, picture of you get off your phone.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you started snowballing with all these reasons that you were right to dump him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then I get worked up. I block him from every as one does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a reasonable thing.
Speaker 3: It's been a few weeks and I regret it, and I realized I've a got a little overly emotional about it.
Speaker 1: Huh, Well that's there's maybe some gross there. So did you reach out to him and apologize? No?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I'm asking you guys, Like I don't know how to ask him to go back with me and give me a chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is the first time we're going to be reaching out to your ex boyfriend after you dumped him over text.
Speaker 1: Because he didn't respond to you in twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I overreacted. Yes, I know this now you know, and I I regret it, and I probably should thought about it or taking a couple of deep breaths. But it really picked me off.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think, honestly, a lot of what you just said right there to us would be great to put somewhere in the conversation when we reach out to him. Very awkward call that.
Speaker 1: What's funny is I always think of the opposite. I always thinking that all sounds like an excuse? Is why it's okay that she did that? Like, that's not an apology. An apology is just I'm sorry, like not, but you really ticked me off.
Speaker 2: Hold on, what's our goal here? Are we spelling it out? You want him back? Or are we trying to subtly convince him that he's missing out on you?
Speaker 3: Whatever works? Guys, I want to date him again, So can you help me?
Speaker 4: Okay, We'll try. We're going to come back. Give you a little bit of advice, whether it's a sincere apology or a subtle threat, and we'll try and make your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. Hold on, it's awkward. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call, Brooke.
Speaker 4: I have a question. How hard is it to admit when you're wrong?
Speaker 1: It's actually pretty easy? Yeah, all the time. I haven't done.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I admit I wrong all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, we took an informal poll around the office recently, and it had to be a secret poll. Yeah, obviously because some people here are afraid of you and quote what you might do to their careers and families. But I will say your name was up there as one of the people that gets the most votes for someone who can't admit openly when they're wrong.
Speaker 1: But I say it all the time.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's just happening in your head. You should try it out every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're listening skills aren't very good.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, a person.
Speaker 2: You're constantly apologizing.
Speaker 4: We have a similar mindset on the phone with us right now named Jennifer, who regrets breaking up with her because he didn't text her back one day into their four month long relationships. So, Brooks, since you and her think alike, why don't you talk to work give her some advice on how on what you would do in this situation.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows that's the type of person I am, Jennifer, and I am here for you. But I actually do have a good plan for you. Okay, Jennifer, you told us about a story when you first met where he rescued you after your credit card got declined. Remember you guys, remember that. Yeah, he is the guy who wants to be the Knight in shining armor. So guess what, you're another damsel in distress right now. You need to call him. You need to tell him something's broken at your house and he is the manliest man, is the only one that can fix it, and I guarantee he'll come rushing back.
Speaker 2: Actually, you're probably right.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that, Jennifer, Make up some sort of scenario he can save you from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you're like cute and sexy when he shows up, just my chance.
Speaker 3: Do you think he'll fall for it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're guys, We're dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be like, I don't know how handy he is maybe like a broken outlet or a.
Speaker 3: Well, if the guy is saying yes, then I'll try it.
Speaker 4: One of the guys is saying yes, it could be worth a shot, though, jose What what's your advice for Jennifer?
Speaker 2: Well, you seem like a very passionate person, like very intense person, which isn't a bad thing, but sometimes intense people can be more you know, ran Te, So I think you just need to convince him that you were ranting when you sent that breakup text. You didn't really mean it, You weren't serious, you were just mad.
Speaker 1: I think that's gaslighting. That's like the definition of gas lighting.
Speaker 2: Whatever works to get him back is to get him back, and I think that'll.
Speaker 4: Work, Okay, a little bit of make yourself a damsel in distress, a little bit of gaslight him for causing all of your problems. We've been dating for four months.
Speaker 2: You just don't know how I am.
Speaker 1: It's your fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how does that sound, Jennifer? You feel ready now to make this call?
Speaker 3: I think so good.
Speaker 4: And if anything doesn't go according to our plan, Brook is more than willing to admit that she is wrong.
Speaker 1: All You're right, I could see nothing going wrong with this at all?
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I feel that he's going to be so open to dating again.
Speaker 4: You are ready?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm dialing your ex boyfriend Jason right now. What'll steppen if we feel like you need little help?
Speaker 6: Hello? Hey you? How's it going?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: This is awkward? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Why are you calling? I?
Speaker 6: Just?
Speaker 3: How have you been.
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 3: How about you good? I actually went to the bar where we first met and I just thought of you. Okay, how's work going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I know it's been good. But can I can I help you with something? Or what are you calling?
Speaker 3: Well? You probably want to say something to me, So I'm ready when you are. Uh, you're calling me and you want me to say something like I'm confused? Yeah, okay, fine, I'll go for you. I just hate how everything went down with us. I mean, you definitely should have talked on the phone, and I also went a little crazy and like may have overreacted a little but a little A little yeah, a little, but I would that word to describe it. But but I'm willing to forgive you for what you did.
Speaker 6: You're willing to forgive me? Are you serious? Like you're calling me out of the blue asking me to apologize to you when you're the one who just like went, that's crazy you pretty much, Jason.
Speaker 3: I think you're interrupting me. I really hope you're not. I just wanted to give you a fair chance to apologize.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I'm sorry, but you're not going to get an apology from me because you are the one who put us in this comen So yeah, I'm not really sure what you're expecting from me.
Speaker 3: Let me just make it really easy for you, like I So what you need to do is just apologize to me because you know and say sorry, Jennifer. You know, I know you wanted to see me, and I.
Speaker 6: Know that a day shouldn't go wild, like don't text me back, or making it so easy for me really really just made my day here, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Get this is hard for you maybe and you're adding sarcasm on top of that, but just so I'll help you start it off, I'm very very sorry for not responding to you and making you feel neglected. I'll you know, I'll make it up to y'all. I'll even let you get my groceries or buy me dinner or pay me rent, like whatever. Gesture you want to show, you.
Speaker 6: Know, are you actually being serious right now?
Speaker 3: Like I yes, I am. And also I actually have something that's broken at my house and it's hoping you can fixed it. It's an outlet, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, sex.
Speaker 6: What the hell is actually going on? Like, we're all these people on the phone.
Speaker 4: Jason, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm so uncomfortable right now beyond the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call, trying to help out our friend Jennifer here with an issue. And I will say, just to take her side, I didn't hear any apology whatever. She gave me a lot of chances there be sarcastic.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually I'm very thankful that you guys just witnessed that because this has been my life. Isn't this ridiculous? What can you actually believe?
Speaker 4: This is real? Jennifer, you told us that you wanted to like see.
Speaker 1: Him again because you were sorry, remember you?
Speaker 3: But he needs to apologized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody knows a sincere apology is always better when you force somebody to give it makes total sense. That's right, jeff That is right either way. However you want to look at this. There were some hurt feelings on both sides, and I think what would really help is to get an apology out there from both of you at the same time. So all count to three and you guys can both say I'm sorry to each other ready one, two, three.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you didn't text me back, still.
Speaker 4: Saying awkwardly silence over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Jason's made up his mind, Jeffrey. I don't think he's going to go over and fix the outlet.
Speaker 4: No, he wants to go over and give her an in person apology because an in phone apology wasn't enough. Is that what you're thinking, Jason.
Speaker 3: You hit it right on the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just know these things.
Speaker 1: He finally gets you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 6: He hurts you right, And you know what, Jennifer, I've actually moved on and I have a day tonight, So I just don't know, like there's really no purpose in these kind of calls moving forward.
Speaker 4: Just oh.
Speaker 3: Good luck. I'm sure she likes we texted back as well.
Speaker 1: I don't think this she'll probably throw a fit about it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're reading in between the line what he's saying, is he wants you to show up to the.
Speaker 3: May you do that, Jennifer, take your time and place.
Speaker 6: You really are crazy and fun.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, man, talk about being nervous for your first date now because you want to impress the new girl because Jennifer might show up out of nowhere dressed up as one of the waiters.
Speaker 1: I don't even say that and put that in her hands.
Speaker 4: It just means that she loves him.
Speaker 1: No, it does not.
Speaker 4: It means somebody needs either way.
Speaker 1: BOK and Jeffrey in the Morning, Well, a lot of people have a lot of opinions. Yes right now, Yo, it's Jeffrey in the Morning. Thanks for sticking around apart three, and there is just a lot to cover right now. Yeah, because I mean we were shocked. Yeah, we didn't expect her to come off like that. Yeah, you know, I thought she was going to be the one apologizing.
Speaker 5: Man was Yeah that was Oh and it is triggering all the keywords in the comments, and we got narcissists, crazy nuts, run, suffocating, toxic, immature check for.
Speaker 1: A tracker.
Speaker 2: Listening hearing a gold mine right, Yes.
Speaker 1: That could be someone's type.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, I want to scroll there's a lot of comments, but let me try to find maybe there will be the one person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the one person seeing it yet though she really is actually destined for is a reality show? Yes, that is perfect reality show. You're right, So hopefully there's a producer listening that she gets her shot.
Speaker 2: And make more money than all of us.
Speaker 1: There's got to be the villain on every reality show. Her. We've got her in your comments. And for second here it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.