Speaker 1: Are we recording that?
Speaker 2: We are? Scott?
Speaker 1: Hi Andrew?
Speaker 2: Hello, Scott, let me just get this Mike situated. There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome to serial Killers, Hies.
Speaker 2: What's gotta be?
Speaker 1: Will tell thee I'm excited, so I just shouldn't play the music anymore so we.
Speaker 2: Can play it. It's just I'm really excited for this episode.
Speaker 1: Would you like mister Brodie to make us some shorter, quicker ones just to get in and get out?
Speaker 2: Sure? All right, like you're listening to her serial Killers?
Speaker 1: All right? Great? I don't like when you saying it's Monday may tesh rude. Serial Killers. This is episode one seventy eight. I'm Scottie B. And I'm Andrew and Oh how was Mother's Day? Yesterday?
Speaker 2: Was? Don?
Speaker 1: I'm happy with your gift.
Speaker 2: Well, she's actually sailing on a boat someplace, so I didn't even get to see her.
Speaker 1: That's too bad. Yep, Amy loved the gift that I gave her from me and the girls.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she did.
Speaker 1: She did. She'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she will.
Speaker 1: So this is a very special serial Killers. About a week or two ago, Andrew texted me and said, I have cereals. I have cereals that we're gonna do on the show because I went to Tennessee. I have a brand new one, and I have cereals we've never done before. And I said doubtful. But okay, so I have no idea what Andrew's going to pull out. We may have done them, we may not have. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I love first of all, yeah that it's my cereals. But you're introing my ceials already. I just I can't only host in this podcast. Well, I can't interro them because I don't know what they are. So you're gonna take it for the backstory and me ceialatings dot com. I checked it. I also checked our website, which thank you to Scott N not Scott B. For doing for us.
Speaker 1: He got his T shirt, by the way, he did. Yeah good. He should get a lot more than a T shirt for doing all that work.
Speaker 2: He is a master. Okay, we appreciate him very much.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you got, Andrew. I'm gonna get the milk while you take you know what, if you do actually have a new one in there, Let's see the new one first.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, this one. I've seen commercials FORO. I know for a fact that you have this in your cereal sack. This one actually comes from h my mother, Donna, who wasn't here for Mother's Day. However, she did get me the cereal before she left. It is frofted flakes with crispy cinnamon basketballs.
Speaker 1: I got it first, so I win.
Speaker 2: Okay, and your point.
Speaker 1: You know what. We have two of them now, so we should give one of them away. Sure, I don't know how, but let's try it first.
Speaker 2: All well, my mom bought this one for us, so we're gonna do my mom's box. So you open up my mom's.
Speaker 1: I got mine from. I'm sorry, okay.
Speaker 2: Sounds wrong. Just take the box. That's the one I got mine from Secret Squirrel Joel. Okay, cool, But.
Speaker 1: Which one's Donna's?
Speaker 2: You know why that was the dumbest thing you've ever done. Why because you kept it in your hands. You just kept twisting it, right, I swapped it.
Speaker 1: You didn't Which one's Donna's.
Speaker 2: It's the left one. I know for a.
Speaker 1: Fact it is. Oh wow, they both have the same date on it. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you're not slick because all you did was just twist the box.
Speaker 1: Your box is also a little crushed, so I do know that this is the one. Whatever, thank you Mom, Thanks Donna, we get the Mother's Day presents. How cool is that?
Speaker 2: How nice? Yeah? Yeah, this one wasn't one of the ones that I purchased though, like these three other ones that I have are going to be gross. I'm anticipating it and I can't think for that purpose.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: Yay, yay, study right now, Andrew look good?
Speaker 1: It could And there was two Michael Jackson songs that we did.
Speaker 2: Well again, you're apparently the only host of this show.
Speaker 1: So are we allowed to be playing Michael Jackson songs?
Speaker 2: I think? I mean we've done a hundred. Your nips are looking extra perky today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This shirt, even though it's an extra large, I don't have a lot of space.
Speaker 2: Summer. You gotta get that summer bod ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is a you know, this is a cereal that I really didn't even was coming until I saw it in the shop right circular. My box was ninety nine cents. How much is Donna's.
Speaker 2: Box same price? Because she's a shopright saver?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, good. I'm very proud of her.
Speaker 2: She actually sent me the full thing of it and was like, have you done this one before? Also, my friend Renee has one for us two coming that I know we haven't done as well. She's so much better.
Speaker 1: Good, very good.
Speaker 2: So these are vaccine worked, Everyone, go get a vaccine. Have a nice deck.
Speaker 1: I just spilled flakes everywhere. So this is frosted flakes with little balls, little cinnamon balls. Shack is everywhere he is.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Shack does like a million different endorsements.
Speaker 1: So these balls filled with icy hot? Is that what's gonna spray out of here?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Thank you?
Speaker 1: It is icy hot? Right, that's what he pushes?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, oh god. I don't really love the color of the basketballs. They're a little too orange.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they look like basketballs because the sugar is supposed to be the lines, even though they could never possibly get him in the right spot. All right, I don't know if I'm gonna like this combination, but let's check it out.
Speaker 2: What'd you think?
Speaker 1: Wow, it kind of works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta tell you. Wasn't they even much of this one?
Speaker 1: No, this might be a it's not getting an award.
Speaker 2: A breakout, no a club.
Speaker 1: First of all, we're not even doing the Spoonies this year. We're gonna be lazy when it comes to December. No, not want to deal with anything.
Speaker 2: What Scott other. Scott is going to be helping me create a you know he does all the analytics.
Speaker 1: You get distracted from your phone, that would happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got buzzes. Okay, he's gonna help me pull the analytics.
Speaker 1: For this year's Oh Spoony Awards, so we don't have to think.
Speaker 2: No good Scott did it for us.
Speaker 1: Four balls.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give four balls in a spoon. This was a nice surprise. Yeah, I have to say I don't I would recommend this to people.
Speaker 1: Although moments ago you said that you saw commercials for this, Yeah, there aren't any. There are where on TV. I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Are you're watching cartoons? I mean where they have vertising it?
Speaker 2: They were advertising on MSNBC all NBC properties we're putting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh maybe they have a hand in it.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. Yeah, it's Shack sitting at the table and Tony the tiger. They're talking, Well, I didn't see that. Well it exists.
Speaker 1: Wait did you bring it in? Did you put it in the audio?
Speaker 2: Bring a commercial here when you recorded on a VHS so I can load it in.
Speaker 1: I want to hear it. Did you bring it?
Speaker 2: So google it?
Speaker 1: I get yelled at, so google it.
Speaker 2: No, you're the one who's at the audio control who makes it seem.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, you don't even know.
Speaker 2: I had to load the audio was so long.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to this next.
Speaker 2: Let's move on because I'm being made fun of that we.
Speaker 1: Didn't do yet. Andrew, all right, is it a rice or a bean cereal?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have one of those, but no, that's not it. This one I guess when I went to a a Kroger's while I was in Nashville. This one is one of their new ones. It's from their simple Truth line.
Speaker 1: H oh.
Speaker 2: This is bowel Bob, coconut bowel bow Bob bayo Bob.
Speaker 1: How do you say that? I don't know, Bob bayo bobbo. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But it's granola. It's a traditional oak granola with coconut, African bow bayo Bob and almonds. This one, actually I think is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Let's check it out. Yeah, it's granola, that's nice, traditional oat ganola with coconut African.
Speaker 2: So you're just gonna read everything I just read.
Speaker 1: And almonds, Yeah, coul from. It's free from, but it doesn't say what it's free from is a little asterisk.
Speaker 2: It's their simple truth question.
Speaker 1: How does simple truth, bob, coconut granola help me conquer your mornings? Answer? We've brought together whole world oats, coconut African, bio bab and almonds sweetened with cane sugar and honey for satisfying a delicious, crunchy way to start even the busiest day. This was a busy day today, Andrew, So this is a good way to start it.
Speaker 2: Let's see what it's It's a fruit.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is add the milk.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, this is how you say it ready.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to be wrong. That's always wrong. Bow bab boo bab bao bab boo baba. Okay, do you think it's whole? Almonds? Are slivered almonds slippered? They picture whole almonds on the front.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they also have slivers okay.
Speaker 1: Scotty, shit, we don't have an Andrew jingle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never have Andrew jingles. It's always Scott jingles. And then in the minute scot gets made fun of. It's all right, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Simply open here for the best way to start your day.
Speaker 2: I really love that you've taken control of something that I went out and catches or you get.
Speaker 1: The box is very thin.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, my delicate hands.
Speaker 1: The bag is thicker than the box, huge chunks of granola.
Speaker 2: How does it smell?
Speaker 1: It smells like the box.
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, mom, that's a little disappointing, all right, thank you. Yeah, no, it kind of does smell like a box.
Speaker 1: There's really no chunks of anything. They're just granola clusters with little tiny slivers of almonds and bow bab and bow bab.
Speaker 2: All right, and you ready one, two, three? Hmmm. That is delicious.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of sugar in here, probably almost as much as the frosted flakes.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Yeah, it's a good source of dietary fibers, all free and low sodium. Okay, but I want more chunks of things.
Speaker 2: I don't I think it's perfect.
Speaker 1: I don't see any boo bab in here.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what a boo bab looks like. I think the boo bab is like a well, they're not even listing it. It's just coconut, contains almonds, coconut. Oh, it has brazil nuts and Bukoo bucks for Buckoo.
Speaker 1: People don't listen to the Big Show. Don't know what you're talking about, and I think you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: The Big Jell. You can't have anything. Okay, I'm also going to give this four balls.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give this five balls. I'm actually taking this home.
Speaker 1: No you're not.
Speaker 2: No, I am taking it home.
Speaker 1: You're not giving it five balls.
Speaker 2: I am. It's delicious. No you're not, Andrew, but I bought it and I like it, so I'm gonna give it five balls. Okay, it's delicious. If you see this cereal someplace high you recommend you.
Speaker 1: Know where they're going to see it, Kroger.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're picking save wherever you're going. If you see it, go buy it. It's delicious. This is really good, like really really good. I'm trying to look for like how bad it is for you.
Speaker 1: It's bad. Let's just move it along, camp.
Speaker 2: Per three forths of a cup of cereals only two hundred and sixty calories.
Speaker 1: Though they call it the simple truth because they want you to make it. You think that it's good for you.
Speaker 2: I think it is good for you. How much seeing any bad?
Speaker 1: How much sugar's in there?
Speaker 2: Total sugars fourteen grams and how much three fourths of a cup?
Speaker 1: And here is uh thirteen grams of frosted flakes, so there's more in there.
Speaker 2: Well you know it has kane sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got it. So let's move on to the third box of Andrew.
Speaker 2: I was supposed delicious.
Speaker 1: It was pretty kay, it was pretty okay.
Speaker 2: I gave it four bowls. Remember when you argued with me on Twitter and you were proven wrong. That's my favoriting. Okay, this one's going to be disgusting. I'm just warning you from now.
Speaker 1: Is there a better one after the disgusting one?
Speaker 2: Now? I think this is the last one is going to be the worst, right, So what do you want?
Speaker 1: Who makes this one?
Speaker 2: This one is by nature's path, which I know what you're already saying. He did it. I was going to say that from their kia Quia line.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you know quia Okay, we haven't done that.
Speaker 2: Coco coconut super flakes, Okay, it's pronounced kia a rose from our desire to provide the healthiest organic foods made from the highest quality superfood ingredients, which means that everything in this is going to be gross. They're from sprouted grains.
Speaker 1: Right, good if it's not a beans. So you know that actually looks good. Look right through the little window there.
Speaker 2: I liked that they had a window. Yeah, but it also frightens me because is there any bag it has to be?
Speaker 1: Oh, look we get another one shake.
Speaker 2: You've got to shake your box shake. Did you want to also maybe just read the box again? No, because I mean you've been just itching. I can tell to make sense to look.
Speaker 1: How they fill it. Look, it's it's a half full.
Speaker 2: That is the lamest box I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I mean again, as we say, it is sold by weight, not volume. That's why it looks like this.
Speaker 2: But that is terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they got ripped off. That's what they do with healthy thing. It's a it's a very clear bag. Yeah, I don't think i've ever seen a bag quite this clear. Oh, it's tough to open.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch out because your box is all over the keyboard.
Speaker 1: That's all right, but see now these are your traditional Nature's Path flakes, the little cupped ones. They look like a little cup.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be gross.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Well. I smell is a little bit of coconut. That's really all I smell.
Speaker 2: I just think this could taste like a mudslide is done, big.
Speaker 1: Big pieces of coconut in there. And I like that I touched it.
Speaker 2: So all have this one surprice you didn't like, Throw it on the floor and say go pick it up. Andy, that's yours.
Speaker 1: Oh, bowl and basket one percent milk, a shop right brand?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: One? Two, three?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so crunchy. It shouldn't be this crunchy. The chocolate's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would say I was going in with bad expectations and they lived up to it. Yeah, I'm just disappointed. Overall. This is a two bowler for me. Not great.
Speaker 1: This could be a good cereal, but it isn't.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I hate to agree with you, but I will also do two bowls. Although we're gonna have lasting energy now wow, says the box.
Speaker 2: Says the box. Here's something that I wish after eating a cereal like this, I will say the coconut has zero flavor.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that the granola I tasted in more of the coconut than this.
Speaker 1: There's no flavor here at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of just washes away. The one thing I will say. It makes me wish that frosted flakes with their chocolate variety, or rice or cocoa Crispyes.
Speaker 1: Well, now you're looking back there because you don't know any cereals.
Speaker 2: I'm just like or cocoa puffs had a coconut variety. I think that would be really interesting. It makes me want them to explore the chocolate coconut flavors. And it can be done, right, I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think just probably an overly processed sugar sugary cereal with a little bit of coconut in there. Ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: All right, give me the last box of crap. It is not a box, it is a bag.
Speaker 2: A bag. Okay, this is Catalina crunch.
Speaker 1: I've heard of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is cinnamon toast, Cheeto friendly cereal. Gotta go, cinnamon toast yep. I don't think we should even do it gluten and grain free. This is gonna be beans.
Speaker 1: I think, why would you do this last?
Speaker 2: Well, because I wanted the good ones first? Well what I thought was going to be bad but turned out to be good and you want.
Speaker 1: To yeah, I'd like to open it.
Speaker 2: There you go. I don't know what this is gonna taste like. But can we all just stop down for one second? Did I not get cereals? We haven't tried before? So is cereal ratings dot com? Slash serial Killers pc dot com? Are they both not wonderful sites? That? Thank you other Scott for creating for us because you help me buy these? I am talking.
Speaker 1: I have with this one is that it says zero sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what is it? I don't know. I think it's just rolled up flour and baked.
Speaker 1: There's not even any ingred. We're the ingredients. Oh here catalina flour, yeah, which includes pea protein, potato fiber, non GMO corn fiber, chickory root fiber, and gower gum.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: Tapioca flour, organic high oliac, sunflower oil, baking powder, natural flavors, sea salt, calcium carbonate, stevia gotta go.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be so bad, I just know it.
Speaker 1: And monk fruit the two worst most disgusting sweeteners there are.
Speaker 2: The minute I saw monk fruit, I said, gotta.
Speaker 1: Get it, stupid, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Why am I stupid? That's not very nice to say.
Speaker 1: I mean I would have bought it too so we could try it. Yeah, although you did probably pay like eight dollars for this bag. Yeah, feel the burn, Andrew? See all those back there, thousands of dollars?
Speaker 2: Why is it that every episode you're opening up boxes from listeners or Secret Squirrel Joel.
Speaker 1: First of all, Secret Squirrel Joel doesn't give them to me. He gave me those four boxes that General Mills gave him, but he just shows them to me. And I purchased them.
Speaker 2: Well, like a lot of those come from listeners.
Speaker 1: I could pull my kids in college with all that money I spent.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can. College is not that cheap.
Speaker 1: These these look like they're plastic. They look plastic, They look fake.
Speaker 2: What do they smell like?
Speaker 1: They do have a brisk cinnamon scent. Brisk Yeah, almost like well I can't say just yet, but it smells like something in your future.
Speaker 2: Oh are you teasing for another episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool goo, all right ooh yeah they do smell briskly cinnamon Catalina crunch.
Speaker 1: Is that? Who makes it? Is that the brand Catalina? Distributed by Catalina Snacks New York, New York. Oh, they're right up the street from us. Huh, we might have to run over there. This is bad ready. One two, three starts off. Okay, there's this divia disgusting you. You can say all you.
Speaker 2: Want, it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 2: I mean compared to the other Kido cereals.
Speaker 1: No, really, I I'm not now. Bowls, no spoons, no balls, no spoons.
Speaker 2: All right, I give it three bowls, actually spoon. Well, now I gotta edit the episode. It's not terrible, it's really nice. It's disgastating.
Speaker 1: It's like the time when Amy tried to fool me and made brownies with stevia. You could taste that right away. I'm sorry, I'm angry. This is so gross.
Speaker 2: Okay, like stevia, maybe not be your thing, but it's not like that.
Speaker 1: Offensive God, Okay, it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Let's calm it down, man, child it's not terrible. It's really really not compared to like cereal School, It's right up there. It's really not. I would say it's it's two bowls and I'm gonna do two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: You have probably issues, mental problems.
Speaker 2: Really really not as bad as Scott is making it out to be. It's it's actually, I think the best Keto cereal we've done. What there I said it.
Speaker 1: I challenge you to buy this cereal and give it the same review that Andrew just did.
Speaker 2: It's different challenge. It's not like a bean cereal where it turns and then all of a sudden you're eating beans. This one, it like keeps the flavor and it's sweet.
Speaker 1: That one thinks it's not sweet, that one thinks that it's Cinnamonta's crutch. I you go get cinnamon Toa's crunching this back to back.
Speaker 2: I would eat cinnamon Toa's crunch any day. What I'm saying is, compared to other Keto cereals that we've tried, this one actually has some sweetness and some flavor to it.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't lie to our listeners like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: You're a giant a.
Speaker 2: Biting you are because you're the baby in the corner going, oh my god, it's damn but I can't.
Speaker 1: Who's going to clean the window? I spit all over you.
Speaker 2: We're not making anybody else clean up your spittle.
Speaker 1: O my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were a little dramatic. No, it was so dramatic. It's not even I hate that aftertaste that's Stevia. Okay, then you don't like Stevia, but the cereal as a whole, like the actual taste of the cinnamon thing isn't terrible.
Speaker 1: Must disagree, but hey, you know what, that's what we're here for to.
Speaker 2: I guess disagree and have you go on weird fits.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Cereal killers. That brings this episode to a close. Great, please don't bring cereal anymore?
Speaker 2: I will. We had two good ones we did so yeah, all right, how does someone win the other box of frosted flakes?
Speaker 1: I don't know what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Let's do?
Speaker 1: Don't do like the first person to hashtag because you know that Carrie Hedges will be all over it. I want to send it to them.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do an Instagram post and then you have to like tag friends.
Speaker 1: We did that already, yeah, but like you don't pay attention. We did that with Cosmic Brown, now I know we did, and then we pulled the winners. You ran out of the room because I have to get a call. Yeah, that's exactly what you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because again now that you know the world is opening up a little bit. Yeah, or at least the United States, I'm working again.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the time before this all happened? You weren't on the phone all the time I was. We can go back to earlier episodes. It's just you weren't so hyper aware and like a shark. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. We appreciate you. Yes, we do follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC.
Speaker 2: And head to serial Killers pc dot com if you want to check out our website serial ratings dot com if you want to check the list. But it's also linked from serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Ah wait, so that's the actual website of Serial Killers ratings. No serial Ratings?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, how do we get serial ratings dot com?
Speaker 2: Because Scott as a master he really is, he is.
Speaker 1: What a good guy.
Speaker 2: Also, we have a surprise coming soon, just a little tease.
Speaker 1: Whatever, it's going to cost you money. It's no surprise, so thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: You are you a turd?
Speaker 1: You on Monday for another Just.
Speaker 2: Do you notice all the comments did the last bad review? The last bad review was about you. You are too negative. You bring the show down. It's on YouTube, it's on the iTunes. You gotta be more positive, bro. I don't know how to do this. Do you want like a clown to stand in the corner? I could dress up as a teddy bear? What do you need me to do? So this way we could keep you happy because the negativity you bring brings everyone else down.
Speaker 1: I want the clown from Circus fun Cereal great.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I'm gonna get that, but let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for listening. We will see you next week. Until then, say crunch, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Crunch, Seriously, I don't know what you need to do, but get your poop together.
Speaker 1: Squeegee is what you're so gross? Ew