Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Chloe is on the phone today for a first day follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Kevin. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But first, Chloe, how long has it been since you heard from Kevin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, so it's been like about a week since I've heard from him.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, have you been trying to hit him up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I thought we had like a really nice date. So I'm just not really sure what's happening.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll tell us about the date then.
Speaker 3: So we went on this night hike, which I thought was really cute. He said that it was one of his favorite places to go. He said it was kind of like off the grid, so I thought it was, you know, kind of romantic. We had a picnic, like, we had a blanket, we looked at the stars, and it felt really perfect. Honestly, like it was a really nice date. I'll admit, there was kind of like a tragic ending. Yeah, So at one point we kissed, which was great, and it wasn't sort of like, you know, one of those end of the first state like, hey, this was fun, you know peck kiss Like it was a really nice moment, like a leaning, you know, a soft sigh, a hand on your jaw, like one of those kisses you know that like you kind of think about. And so basically, you know, the date was good. We were heading back to the car and he brought me to this little like lookout spot and I think that, you know, maybe he was trying to set the mood for something more. But I was walking and it was kind of dark, you know, we're outside, it was night, and I tripped on this like tree route that was sticking out of the ground and I just ate it. Oh yeah, I like twisted my ankle face planted like it was not sexy, uh for sure. But we ended up going to the hospital because I couldn't really put any weight on it. And when we got to the hospital, I kind of could tell that like he just really did not want to be there.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, you went to the hospital and everything. A night hike was starting to make me nervous, but then like you had to do all of this well.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't put weight on it, so like I felt like I needed to go, Like I wasn't sure if I broke something. But when we were there, I could just kind of tell that, like he didn't want to be there, and he looked truly annoyed, and the nurse was telling him like I can't really let her go by herself, like someone has to drive her, so he had to stay. And then since then, I haven't heard from him, Like he hasn't texted me, he hasn't called me, like I feel. I just feel like awful. Honestly, I didn't mean to make him feel like he was stuck with me at the hospital, but I don't know, like it was such a good date that I guess I kind of thought that he cared about me, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, and you'd hope that he'd also want to make sure that you're okay a few days after that, so to get ghosted, because that would be kind of messed up on his part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been like a week, and I even sent him like a little thank you Venmo, you know, for like the gas money, because we kind of had to go out of the way to get to the hospital and like a little you know emoji with like a thank you for saving my life, you know that kind of thing. And he didn't even like the venmo.
Speaker 4: So would you send him money?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I just want I mean, we did have to kind of go out of the way to go to the hospital, so I kind of just wanted to, you know, I mean, it's really nice of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's really nice of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I don't know, like I guess, I just didn't think that that would be a deal breaker, but it seems like it is. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you a little play a song, come back, and then call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, thanks guys.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll get your first day.
Speaker 1: Follow up next first date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at ADVOCATESLA dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Chloe is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Kevin. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But before we do that, Chloe, why don't you break down your date again for us one more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We went on a night hike. We had a lot of fun, we kissed. I really liked him, and then we were moving to like a second location, like a lookout spot, and I tripped on a tree route. I thought I might have broken my ankle, and we had to go to the hospital. And while we're at the hospital, I could tell that he just was not happy to be there with me. I think he might have felt sort of stuck. And now I just haven't heard from him, and I'm just not.
Speaker 4: Really sure why.
Speaker 6: Okay, weird? Well are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Kevin. Please.
Speaker 5: Uh, this is him?
Speaker 6: Hey Kevin, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 4: Hi Kevin. I'm Nina Hian.
Speaker 6: I'm Victoria, and my name is Jebel. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Everybody?
Speaker 6: What's up? Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: I have, great. Well, are you aware of what a first day follow up?
Speaker 5: Is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the segment where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is about Chloe.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is about Chloe. Yeah, we talked to her a little bit.
Speaker 2: She said that she thought your date was really cool and has no idea why your ghosting He would you mind letting us know she has a little bit of an idea.
Speaker 5: But okay, yeah, I mean listen, she's not a bad person. She's like very sweet and like, I don't know, she's just not for me, just not I don't know. I don't think could fit.
Speaker 6: What makes you say that?
Speaker 5: I mean, first of all, there was the perfume. I could smell her before she got out of the car, Like I thought I was it was like a joke, Like I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff, but like I thought it was like I was being punked because it was so strong, okay, and like my eyes were watering, I had a headache, and.
Speaker 6: Like all I could think of was that strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm kind of sensitive to that stuff, but this was just like kind of overwhelming and it's sort of it. I wasn't I wasn't having fun because of it, and like all I could think of was, Wow, this is this is high maten. This is a high maintenance person. And like I should have ended after the hike with all like the red flags, but I didn't. And I figure, you know, maybe it's still like worth it to hang out and get to know each other and I don't know, maybe maybe hook up a little and then you know, I don't know, it's kind of keeping an open mind. And then she'd like bam, out of know where, she just fall a mouthful of dirt. It was wild.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So I mean that was like a weird turn. And I kind of, you know, I had questions and not just cutting it off after the hike, And so we go to the hospital and the nurse nurse is giving me this guilt trip and Chloe is all like, isn't this so romantic? And I'm like, nah, I don't even have insurance. Like I like I've got like sand in my shoes from the hike, and like I smell like a department store. Like I was. I was so unhappy, but you.
Speaker 4: Kissed her and stuff like if the smell was that bad you kissed her and you were open to hooking up, that smell wasn't going to go away.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's the you know, the smell isn't like wasn't a deal breaker. It was just that And then like maybe I had less patience because it was so and such an intense thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you for telling us and being honest with us. Now, Kevin, I have to be honest with you and let you know that Chloe is actually on the phone and wants to talk to you. Yeah, you knew that already, Okay.
Speaker 5: Chloe, Yeah, No, I know how this goes. I'm just I'm just throwing it all out there because she's there. You're gonna get it out of me, sooner or later. She is here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Hi. Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just like I'm just a little stunned, like you're the one that led me to that stupid lookout spot and you're giving me that like down the line of like oh this is where I bring special people like that that's just like so manipulative, Like I I don't know, like it's just gross.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was a good spot I don't think my hiking spot is the problem. It was great until you, you know, too, could swan dive into a bunch of gravel. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't decide to fall, Kevin, I just fell. And if you don't even like me, like, why why are you trying to sabotage you with the nature? Like seriously, you don't even like me.
Speaker 5: Oh so I use nature to sabotage you. I mean, I'm the reason you trip and lured you into just like some trap and then brought you to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm just saying that if you weren't trying to get it on on the edge of a cliff, I probably wouldn't needed to go to the hospital and get an X ray, which, by the way, I do have health insurance. I still to paper.
Speaker 5: So I mean, maybe if you were bathed in perfume, you know, we'd have made it to second base without me, you know, being nauseous.
Speaker 3: Possibly, Okay, well I literally worshed it on number five. It's a classic. So I don't know. Maybe you're just allergic to affection like I. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: I'm allergic to drama. That's what my thing is. Don't blame this on nature that I don't. I don't even know why I'm arguing about this.
Speaker 3: Not dramatic. I'm literally not being dramatic. I almost broke my broke my foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I feel like I already said it. You're it was. I don't know, just everything was so extra. I was trying to show you a good time and be nice and maybe like get to know you, and it just like it you threw a wrench in the place, and every single time it was like everything about it. I was being nice.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you were just trying to hook up with me and you don't actually like me.
Speaker 5: I wasn't not trying to hook up with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Kevin, would you like another day with Clobe?
Speaker 6: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I need peace, I need breatheable air and like someone that doesn't think nature is a weapon. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, maybe next time you should try to hook up in like a normal spot, like a car. I don't know, so nobody gets hurt.
Speaker 5: That's just the.
Speaker 6: Thought that I have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody gets hurt in cars, right, you know what, We'll just maybe watch where you're walking and like you know, no one has to be stuck with you in a hospital.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm glad that I know what you think. You're such a creep and I smell really good and I know that about myself, so I don't want to second date with him either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, girl, you're.
Speaker 5: Whatever. Most people like hanging out with me, and apparently Chloe didn't. I think maybe Chloe didn't because she's drama. That's what she wants.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I am not dramatic. I almost died.
Speaker 5: Jubile's first date follow up