Speaker 1: M The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Mick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Thicky, you know what day today is.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's victory Tuesday. We're moving past, George.
Speaker 3: I need two days to get We're.
Speaker 5: Getting fired up for bye week twenty twenty four, and that's a way to get past it.
Speaker 4: Don't you think?
Speaker 6: Yes, Okay, I mean something.
Speaker 5: Mickey Spagnola came jogging to the SWBC podcast studio. This is a man hard at work, even on the bye week. And we've got Kurt Daniels sitting in for the vacationing Everson Walls, who will come back from his vacation at two o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 6: Happy to be with you guys.
Speaker 5: Great to have you here, Kurt, as we change things up. It's our bye week change up, as you all know, and so we got plenty to talk about in Mickey, the reason you were jogging to the podcast studio is because right now there's an availability assistant coaches.
Speaker 3: Assistant coaches coordinators before that, So.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot to tell us.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Is every one.
Speaker 5: One chance, one chance during the regular season to get something with the assistant coaches unless you know them and pull them aside well to formally, to formally get something with the assistant.
Speaker 3: Coaches coordinators the owner. We start anywhere you are.
Speaker 5: I know the owner wasn't there because I heard him this morning and he was on a jet airplane going to Atlanta for league meetings today.
Speaker 3: Right, and he wasn't a very patient matter.
Speaker 4: Is that where you'd like to start? You have me to read this? Yeah, what are you reading? He was?
Speaker 3: Someone asked on the radio show about a lack. Here's what happens when you get your ass beat right. It's either you lacked aggression, you didn't prepare well, you weren't ready to play two soft, and no one's asked the crux of the question should be are you good enough? And so we come up with all these side things to find an excuse for getting beat. They were just better than the Cowboys. Whatever the Cowboys put on the field on Sunday, Detroit put better, plain and simple, now does that have to take place over the next eleven games? Can you improve what you put out there? And I think that that was the message that Jerry continued to try to say after the game and during his radio segment today on one five to three the Fan, and I think when he finally didn't feel like people were listening to him, he had this to say, Listen, let me tell you what I'll do about it. I will let us sit down and look at the decisions we've made over the last several years. Okay, I'll look at it now. If you think I'm interested on a damn phone call with you over the radio and sitting here and throwing all the good out with the dishwasher, you've got to be smoking something over this morning, I'm not, and I really don't. I don't even want our listeners to listen to me talk about it. This is not your job. Your job isn't to let me go over the reasons that I did something and I'm sorry that I did it. That's not your job. That's not your job. Or I'll get somebody else to ask the questions.
Speaker 4: Men.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not kidding. So that to set the tone for twenty three minutes of a rather entertaining regular radio segments.
Speaker 4: By twenty three minutes.
Speaker 3: Twenty three minutes, because I had it recorded and I listened to it and I saw the end and it was at twenty three something.
Speaker 6: It sounds like you kind of think he has a point there.
Speaker 3: That well, I think I just think that no one asked the question after Pittsburgh. So did everything change in one week? Did the team not practice well? Did the team not play hard? Suddenly? Everybody after Pittsburgh was talking about how gritty they were and resilient, and in this game it was soft and gave up. And I don't know that we saw that. I just saw we got got a team that just got beat by a better team at this point in the season, and I think what most people forget is what did you think about this team from the beginning. I saw a lot of people predicting six and eleven, eight and nine, nine and eight. Well that's what you're getting at this point, but you got to let it play out. I just don't think after every game you come to these conclusions about what the team is. Last week it was like this is an ascending team. Now this week, They're never going to be good the rest of the year. Let it play out.
Speaker 6: I think at this point they're three and three, which I think most people thought at this point there would be three and three.
Speaker 3: Right if you were doing the WNLS before you even saw what the team was.
Speaker 6: The problem for fans, they're such an ugly three and three. I mean, and we know how the offseason was, and there's all that frustration. It's building, building, building team. They beat maybe aren't that good, maybe Pittsburgh gether to not and so you.
Speaker 5: Actually had them losing to Cleveland that I had them.
Speaker 6: That's how I had it. But I think it's just it's the frustration of here we go again.
Speaker 3: You might have had them three and oh at home and oh and three on the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, No, I didn't have it that well.
Speaker 5: I knew Baltimore, yeah, and Detroit we're going to be, as they say, the loaded for Bear.
Speaker 3: Well, even the Baltimore game, at least for one quarter, they were very competitive.
Speaker 5: But I basically did have them about five hundred going into Thanksgiving, and it's going to be hard to get to stay at five hundred in the next five games when you look at the schedule.
Speaker 3: Such a tough schedule, and you knew that going.
Speaker 4: In, right, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Going in, I was like, okay, because you look at this stretch of games that they're in right now, which started with at Pittsburgh and then Detroit, and then at San Francisco, at Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, and now you.
Speaker 4: Enter Washington into the equation too.
Speaker 5: I mean, four of the next five opponents are first place teams and you just played a first well, a second place team that would be first place.
Speaker 4: In any other division if not for the Vikings.
Speaker 6: Again, that's the frustration, because you're coming off three twelve and five seasons. You knew that this team probably wasn't going to be they did. You know, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse. And they knew they weren't going to as good as Detroit. They knew they weren't good as the forty nine ers, and they did nothing.
Speaker 5: And I thought that the first half of the season. The only way that they could be better or as good as they were at the end of last year is if they didn't have injuries the first half of the season, and they had injuries. Okay, And so now now and we just taped the Mike McCarthy Show. And then one thing that McCarthy talked about yesterday is that they are going to be better for this, the young players that are getting experienced now on down the road. Big picture, well, they're getting there. They're getting their experience, and we're going to find out in the second half, in this stretch and then the second half of the season, just how good these players are that they knew they were would need to count on at some point this season because of their salary cap issues, they were going to have to rely on young players. And now we see what these young players can do. And they're going through growing pains right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you just look at I bet they didn't envision in game six, you're going to have two Well, okay, TJ. Bass is not a rookie, but his experience.
Speaker 4: Is a rookie and he was an undrafted guy.
Speaker 3: Man, he undrafted playing next to your rookie center. That's you're asking a lot to get through. You know, you got through the Pittsburgh game. Now everybody sees on tape what it looks like and now they're preparing to go, oh, well look at this right Oh, your Pro Bowl left guards not playing tackle and he hadn't done that since his rookie year. Well, let's analyze this now on how to attack him, and all of a sudden they got a book on you.
Speaker 5: And then attacking the unit as a whole, when as we saw with the Lions game end games prior to that, sort of giving the Cowboys offense a piece of Mike Zimmer's defensive strategy, which is a lot of times a bear front where it's they got to sort out, okay, who's coming, who's dropping, and who you're blocking.
Speaker 3: And the other thing we take for granted, there was a reason why Zach Martin didn't just have a veteran rest day on Wednesday. He rested Wednesday, he rested Thursday, he rested Friday. I don't know what he did on Saturday, but he had back issue going.
Speaker 4: There wasn't a rest day. It was a back right exactly.
Speaker 5: And typically, typically my experience, no matter of the sport, when players don't play to the level that we're accustomed to seeing them play, there's usually something physical going on with a player, and that's necessarily the case with Zach. But he didn't show up on the injury report with a back issue.
Speaker 3: And then on top of all that, no excuses, but you had to face Aiden Hutchinson. Right, It wasn't like just some dude out there at left tack or left defensive end.
Speaker 6: So I don't think a healthy Martin would have made a ton of difference.
Speaker 5: Well, I think in that particular game, when you're talking about quote unquote complimentary football, and when you're playing from behind by two touchdowns early in the second quarter and the defense knows that you have to throw to get back in the game, then that changes the complexion of things too, for sure.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the bottom line was the owner it wasn't very patient.
Speaker 4: On his radio show today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't blame him. But at the same time, and you know who side people are going to fall on. So woll not the greatest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, although I love the way he answered the question about the He was asked about fan apathy and he basically never mail. He basically said, we've got we've got the best fans in the world. They're passionate. He goes, and they're passionate. Either way, We've got passionate fans, right, And so it was like he wasn't criticizing for being mad or anything. He just basically pointed out that they've got passion and that's what we want. And I'm sure, yeah, your mail's probably piling up. I'm just glad I don't do mixed mail anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the mailbag stuff comes from me. And it's like they win. We get maybe ten emails.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 3: I forgot the guy that has to read them there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to lose, it's a hundred. So yeah, but can't blame them. People just want to vent.
Speaker 3: I got so frustrated with it that back in the day I find it intern that knew what they were doing, and it's like, okay, go through here and find me five really good questions. I don't need the two page dissertations that I was getting.
Speaker 5: Okay, so bring us up to speed on anything of note that you got from the coordinators.
Speaker 3: There were two words, and I don't know if if that's what they talked about all that time yesterday while we were waiting.
Speaker 5: For the hour and a half wait for the coach to have as prescottin and.
Speaker 3: There was a reason for it. Someone that's very important showed up late, so the meetings got started late.
Speaker 4: And then why would the coach show up late for the meeting.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, let's not try to be.
Speaker 2: Didn't right?
Speaker 3: And then they the personnel meetings went over two games, not just one, and I think the player meeting might have gone long. So the idea that they were going to start the press conference at two thirty probably wasn't a real good idea. And by three thirty they warned everybody that we might start at four, will come and get you, And so they got everybody about four to ten, and it didn't start till four thirty, So.
Speaker 4: It was a two hour Yeah, delight, that's right. Yeah, is it worth the wait? Actually?
Speaker 3: I thought it was Mike's best post game next day press conference because normally he he I don't know if he's worn out emotionally or what. He just doesn't kind of get into.
Speaker 5: It right before you, before you tell us what he said? That was his best? What was the best all time? The best all time day after a game coaches press conference, going back to Valley Ranch in the library, remember we used to have the Jimmy used to have his day after press conference. We were all crammed in the little library at Valley Ranch and he would sit at that there was a conference table there, and there'd be TV cameras on one side of the reporters sitting on one side of the table, and Jimmy would be on the other side of the table. It just reminded me because this reporter happened to ask a question of the coach yesterday. It reminded me of the greatest day after press conference in the history of the Candy.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to go with it.
Speaker 5: Then, Okay, it was Jimmy getting up at the end of I don't know what game it was or anything. He gets up, grabs his piece of paper, says something funny ed, something humorous as he stormed out of the library.
Speaker 4: It was Edward or a stickert or something. I thought something funny ed, something humorous.
Speaker 3: See, I thought that was.
Speaker 5: And here we are thirty something years later and Edward is still at a coach's press conference the day after.
Speaker 3: See, I thought that was in the team meeting.
Speaker 4: No it was not.
Speaker 3: It was okay, library, So then that wasn't the only time, because I found out this was all premeditated to send a message to the team after they got beat, that he was going to get pissed off at a question and walk off. Ah, and he walked out of the audit the.
Speaker 6: Team meeting college and degree comes.
Speaker 4: Yes he did. Jimmy did the same thing to me. This was later. It might have been a season later. I don't remember. It might be what you're talking about. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He didn't storm out of this press conference though. But I was sitting this was in the team meeting room. Okay, the big team meeting room is Tuesday press conference. Back then you just basically had one big press conference and then you just got availabilities after.
Speaker 4: Practice the rest of the week.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I was sitting next to John Radigan and Radigan cracked a joke after and Jimmy was in one of those very mad moods, you know, and I laughed at something that Radigan said to me, and Jimmy catches me in a quarter of his eye and he says, you.
Speaker 4: Got a question, Bill? I said, no, no, I'm good. I'm good. So, guys, what was funny about that?
Speaker 5: Is the Okay, So back then we got served, you know, Jerry served as lunch whatever, and so this was like an hour later. And back then, also we would be we could park in the player's parking lot right there at Valley Ranch. And so I'm going out to my car and Jimmy's coming in from his noon jog and he yells across the parking lot at me, laughing, saying, you.
Speaker 4: Got a question? Bell like that. It was all an act, is all it was. You know, he wanted to send a message to his team that I'm mad this.
Speaker 5: Week, and when you come back to work on Wednesday, you better be ready.
Speaker 3: And that's what he did that day when he walked out. He because the players knew.
Speaker 5: I did a story that night using that you got a question Bill. I got a chalkboard and I was writing. I wrote on the chalkboard, I will not laugh at Jimmy's press coffers. I will not laugh at Jimmy's press coffer.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever had a player a coach kind of go after you like Jimmy or like Jerry did the.
Speaker 3: Day Yes, over the phone. Yeah, and it was Jerry, oh yeah. After the herschel Walker trade when they didn't come clean on what they gave up and what they were giving because no one knew that the draft choices were or the players they got, which were throw off players.
Speaker 4: We didn't know they were.
Speaker 3: Tied to draft choices if you didn't keep them. And so I want to say it was a Friday night Channel twenty one had a round table of the beat writers and the columnists on a TV show for a half hour, like a Lee Martin production might have been, and basically everybody just gave them hell for trade in a way what everybody thought was the best player on the team, right, and got nothing really in return. Well, Norm Hitchkins on like Friday afternoon maybe Saturday morning. No, it was beforehand reported and I'm using quote marks okay unreported that Steve Walsh was tied to the trade, that after the season they're also sending Steve Walsh to Minnesota. Well, we found out that was not accurate. It just wasn't right. And so Saturday morning I get a call from the newspaper and they go, we need to get Jerry on this Steve Walsh thing. I said, we already find out it's it's false.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: We don't care that you found out it's false. We need him to say it's false. You need to get a hold of them. So back then I probably got a hold of Maryland and Maryland got to call me back and I told him what I wanted, and he had watched the show and he began with and he just unloaded, right, and you you named the word or the combination word that he used. And he just went off on me, just going on and on and on and on, and I'm sitting there taking it. He finally stopped and I said, so, do you want to make a cock?
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 3: Something that you could write anything.
Speaker 4: Damn what you why you're gonna do that anyway?
Speaker 3: And it was like, Okay, that might have been probably the worst I think I ever expect.
Speaker 4: And so what from McCarthy? Then yesterday?
Speaker 3: You know, he I wish I had the quote.
Speaker 5: Right, You're gonna look, you're gonna find the quote and you're going to come back and find it and we will have that for you.
Speaker 4: And mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 4: You wincot slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 7: Blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the Iconic Star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 10: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 10: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 3: It says less fillings.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 3: Hell mindset.
Speaker 4: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Rashine legal guy. Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer nmty six thousands, pe point you grand.
Speaker 4: Cars for blow bounces. I fewer cals and cars than Prenion regular.
Speaker 2: Beer demitt shuts.
Speaker 3: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like a player's interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseries like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku or Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Very nice.
Speaker 5: You know what you're much better making those reads with Kurt Daniels in the room, and you know you're.
Speaker 3: Not ever ready to snicker.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know if maybe you get stage fright with a former player in here, or you're more comfortable in this environment.
Speaker 3: Something something was different until I handed off. I used to get intimidated by Savannah.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh there you go.
Speaker 3: That's true because I knew she was gonna do it much better than me.
Speaker 4: That's understandable. All right, did you find it?
Speaker 3: So? I did, But I don't I don't have the whole quote. He he he was asked about the mental state of the Cowboys, and he was talking about the path and he talked about I left the players with a bunch of questions that they needed to answer, uh during the bye and the fact that we've got an opportunity we need to relish, and that there's a lot more games to play, and it was he he didn't get emotional, but he was emphatic on what he was saying, and normally he's he's not that way after a game. And I thought that was really really good how he kind of pointed it out and just basically take a hard look at ourselves and to understand that this is not a sprint, it's a there's a lot of more games to play.
Speaker 6: So who do you think this they need turn things around? Obviously just fall more on the coaching staff to kind of provide the leadership and scheming or whatever you say. Or is this a player issue where they need leadership within that locker room to kind of step forward and say, hey, you're not doing your job and we're suffering for it.
Speaker 3: Well, and as Jerry said today at the five minute mark, don't underestimate the injuries. Now we all look past it, right, but it's real when I can give you seven starters on defense that didn't play in that game. Seven And as I probably said yesterday, it sounds very bold when you say next man up. Well, the reason he's the next man up is because he ain't the man. You know, he's a backup. And a lot of these backups didn't have much much experience. So are they good enough to hold down the fort for I don't know however long. Now my problem is to answer your question, was the offense because the offense needed to step up, right, But we took for granted that what they had on that offensive line was going to perform well against a very good defensive front.
Speaker 5: And along those lines, even guys that were being counted on as starters, meaning on that offensive line, Tyler Geyton and Cooper Bebe, they are rookies, right and even though they could eventually be in the case of Cooper Bebe better than Tyler Biattige was, but you can't expect that to happen the first month of his rookie season.
Speaker 4: Tyler Goeyton, same deal.
Speaker 5: And then you're dealing with not only the injury that he's dealing with right now, but he missed time in training camp as well. And so even when you're when you have to make decisions financial decisions on players, then you're gonna you're going to have to fight through that and get through that. It's but it's the long haul of the entire season, and so getting healthy is is a huge part of it. But also the reason that I have some confidence that they're going to stay is even with the schedule, the daunting schedule ahead the next five weeks, that they're going to figure out a way to do it because of the leadership on this team and I'm talking to players on this team and as much and the coaches too. I mean, it's a veteran coaching staff. They've been down this road. They're not going to make rash decisions on things, and they have fixes on what schematically, what other teams are doing to them right now that should work. It worked last year coming out of the by and the offense was very productive the last half of the season, and there's no reason to think it won't happen again. But with guys like Dak Zach Martin leaders on offense. You got Eric Kendricks on defense, and.
Speaker 4: Even DeMarcus Lawrence in his oh but he didn't play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there are other leaders too on that defense. I think that they're they'll keep they'll keep the house from burning down.
Speaker 6: So ken is there anything? Detroit is a bad example because they're such a good team, but it's coming up like Atlanta or.
Speaker 5: And the other thing with Detroit is they're going Things are going great.
Speaker 6: For Detroit right now, rolling next week, right.
Speaker 5: And now the Hudginson's out and things are going to happen to them. Who are they going to be the same team two months from now that they are right now?
Speaker 3: And they lost Peko too, But can they can What can they do?
Speaker 6: I mean, the guys are who they are, Like you said, they're the backups, right, not the guy so that are their rookies are young, that's who you're stuck with. What can they do to work around that?
Speaker 5: But my point on that is other teams are going to be playing and there's around the league other teams are playing backups now too. That was a bad matchup on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, they're healthy, right.
Speaker 5: Detroit was healthy, Dallas wasn't healthy. That's not the sole reason that it went the way it did. But they're on a roll right now. McCarthy was talking about they're playing faster right now than what the Cowboys are. It's a long season. They've got eleven games left, let's and you have to be playing your best at the end of the season. But you also have to be in the hunt in December in order for it to matter, and so it's a process of getting to that point of the season.
Speaker 3: I asked Mike Solary, we got a chance you guys pointed out talk to the assistant coaches, and I said, so, what's the difficulty of in that particular game when you're trying to bring around two rookies on the offensive line, what's what are they up against? And especially when you had Bass and Cooper BB playing next to each other, and he says, it's all about experience. They've got to get. It doesn't matter what your talent is. You've got to get experience. You got to understand the speed of the game. Number one. But number two, now, he said, with all these teams do in pre staff movement, you've got to know what that means and what you have to do to adjust. And he said in college, they're probably not getting a whole lot of that. Plus in college they're not run blocking, they're just dropping back in pass blocking normally. So again you were asking the two words. I mean, it must have been passed around in the personnel meeting. It was fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals, details, details, details that every one of them use that as what they got to get better at. No one ever said, as well, you know what, my group's just not very good, you know. And I don't think that's the point. I think the experience part is really bogging this team down. And to accept emphasize what you said about the point of injuries. What happened the previous week against Pittsburgh, they had offensive line injuries, if I remember correctly, So the fact that the Cowboys had defensive lines injuries kind of offset because they were playing inexperienced players.
Speaker 6: So going forward, going forward, you put guiding out there and let him live or die and get the experience.
Speaker 3: Well, then I asked the guy that sits there and sits in with us. Nate Newton says, yes.
Speaker 5: Well, the guy that I sat next to an hour ago taping the Coaches Show, Mike McCarthy. I asked him about that, and he said that Tyler Smith needs to play guard and meaning Tyler Goyton needs to play tackle, So they need to get Tyler Gouydon back and then you have that continent that he that you're looking for.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing about that is, and I think McCarthy pointed out at his press conference yesterday, when they got the run game going against Pittsburgh, who was in the game. Geyiton was already out of the game when the run game got going, and they had this combination that they had against Detroit in there.
Speaker 6: So I wonder if that's the balance though, because you want Geyton in there learning, getting his experience crying. But at the same time, if you're you know, Dak Prescott or Eco daud or you're like, man, I need somebody there could block, you know. And is there a balance where like or is there some point where it's his development is good, but is it hurting the team overall?
Speaker 5: And one of the issues that McCarthy has pointed out about Geydon and he said it in his press conference, so I thought was really great that he was very candid about it. That's one of the things he told Goeyiton is in order to be able to play well on Sunday, is he's got a practice during the week, especially now Martin can sit out a few days. Tyrone Smith could have, you know, would take rest days. But for a guy like Tyler Tyler Geyton, he's got to be out there on the practice field. And that's one of the I don't think he took all the reps at all last week in practice and probably was a factor also on him not getting in on the field on.
Speaker 3: So they asked Jerry that question about Geyiton and he said he just wasn't ready to go. So even though you're fully out there going through practice doesn't mean you're healthy enough to do.
Speaker 4: And then he.
Speaker 3: Followed up with, now, that's a good question. There's some meat on the bone on that.
Speaker 6: Softball.
Speaker 4: There's one good question about Tyler. That was pretty good. All right, we're back with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto confusing. Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: Want to stay at the.
Speaker 8: Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es, and o's with me, Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: To vic Shuts.
Speaker 3: The most action packed motorsports experience in the world, returns to Arlington. Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, October twenty six for Monster Jam and watch our four Marvel Monster Jam trucks. Four. That's hard now look and watch four Marvel Monster Jam trucks make their Arlington debut. Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: It made me stop doing them because I was flubbing them up so much, so I shouldn't talk.
Speaker 3: But that's a hard It's down here somewhere Monster Jam Monsters.
Speaker 4: And see where it is?
Speaker 5: What? Oh, watch four Marvel Monster Jam trucks make their Arlington debut.
Speaker 3: Four Monster trucks.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, very good? All right? What else is on your mind, Kurt when as you assess where this team is right now?
Speaker 6: You know, I think it's what we're hearing from the fans, what we heard from on on the fan earlier today. It's just like, I don't think anybody believes that this is a team that's going to make a Super Bowl run. But I think we're all agreeing that the playoffs are still in range. Right.
Speaker 5: I wonder what they were saying about the Cowboys, and I agree with what you're saying. After that Monday night football game in nineteen seventy, the last time.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys lost.
Speaker 5: The last time the Cowboys lost by thirty eight points at Hall was November sixteenth, nineteen seventy. Dandy Don Meredith was in the Monday Night Football boothe with Howard Cosel.
Speaker 4: I was at the game, Oh you were.
Speaker 5: It was a thirty eight to nothing she lacking by the Saint Louis Cardinals. And in the fourth quarter of that game, they turned the TV lights on in the Monday Night Football booth and the crowd started chanting, we want dandee, we want dandee. Well, you know what happened after that nineteen seventy they went on a run and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: Not for a bad officials call on a fumble bumble, Dave Banders recovered Cowboys would have won their first Super Bowl too. We're not saying I don't think this is the nineteen seventy talents Cowboys, but they did lose by thirty eight at home in a Super Bowl season in nineteen seventy, So hang it out.
Speaker 4: Jerry would love that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, he would repeat it too.
Speaker 6: But do you think I mean to get kind of more into the football stuff. Are you worried about Dak at all in what he's doing.
Speaker 4: The offensive line?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: I think that's what concerns me more than anything. And when you look at and you could see it in that game where there's a reason Dak was dancing in.
Speaker 4: The pocket as soon as he got the ball.
Speaker 5: It seemed like he was His feet were moving like you don't normally see and throwing off his back foot things like that.
Speaker 4: And it was.
Speaker 5: Because there's a lot going on at his feet, that's true.
Speaker 3: And quarterbacks don't like people nipping at their feet. And that's I think what got into him on that second possession on the interception uh in the end zone, and he took uh. He took blame for it that he should have held the cornerback in the flat.
Speaker 5: Or he told what we talked about yesterday, throw it to Tobert.
Speaker 3: Right, or throw it to him, but he was starting to get pressure right up in his face.
Speaker 4: And I think it also goes back process.
Speaker 5: It goes back to a mindset that, Okay, this other team is going to score on every possession, so we got to score touchdowns when we get down here, and it makes you do more than what you normally would do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: They asked Tolsen that very question, like when you get in a game, do you sit there and look, Okay, the other team's scoring, we're not. And I got to try this because if I don't, if it's like third and whatever, if we don't convert here, they're going to score another touchdown. And he said people don't have context of what that situation is, Like, you're not figuring in what he's thinking. Tony Romo told me that he goes, if we're getting beat and I got a third and ten or a third and twelve, I'm not checking down. I'm trying to thread the needle to get the first down because we got to go. And I think sometimes the quarterback has to be careful with that, because I think he did that on that play when he saw Ceedee Lamb breaking open and it's like, okay, I got to hit him, and he didn't consider that. He didn't hold the dB over there long enough to stay open, and that guy jumped the route. It wasn't like, oh, just a terrible throw. It was a terrible decision because he didn't go through his reads. But there was someone coming right here.
Speaker 5: It looked to me on that that that corner was hanging back knowing that that's what Dak was going to do, right, and he was willing to give up the underneath route to Tobert.
Speaker 3: Which could have been well, probably would have been a first down.
Speaker 5: He could have been had to get to a one yard line, yeah, but he was willing to He thought he would still have enough time to come up and make the tackle.
Speaker 3: Played hiss.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right. So worked out for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to think.
Speaker 3: But they're going to lamb, so can they and they get healthy.
Speaker 5: And by the way, the Lions are playing very well in the red zone.
Speaker 4: And I looked at it. I saw some stats. I'm still, for some reason following Detroit.
Speaker 6: Lions victory Tuesday. Here we're supposed to be past.
Speaker 4: But no, no, but.
Speaker 5: After that game I needed to go ahead and unfollowed Detroit Lions pr to hear all the glowing stats from that game. But this morning they tweeted out something about their red zone defense and throws to the end zone this year. I can probably find it here. Uh, they've got five end zone interceptions this year.
Speaker 4: That was that's pretty nice. Yeah, well that was number four because they had another one later.
Speaker 6: Goodness.
Speaker 3: So and also to uh basically set the stage for everybody this week when it's like, well, we got to get back to work and you know, take advantage of the bye week.
Speaker 6: They don't practice, they're gone.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: Here's the and that's a CBA thing.
Speaker 5: By the way, here's the stat from Detroit Lions pr When teams have thrown passes into the end zone against the Lions this year, they are one of fourteen, seven percent completion percentage for ten yards, one touchdown, and five interceptions, a twenty three point eight quarterback rating.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: One of fourteen, one of fourteen for ten yards, one touchdown, five interceptions. By the way, the Cowboys in the red zone, both on offense and defense ranked thirtieth in the league.
Speaker 3: Well, there are six of fifteen. Now if my count is for they were six of thirteen going into the game, and they had two more red zones. I think, well, actually three if you count Cooper Rushes and that was intercepted.
Speaker 6: So are we going to see any changes in after this week? It's all ways turn around.
Speaker 3: They better get healthy, go talk to the doctors, right, need somebody to lay hands. We got to lay hands on Kendrick's right.
Speaker 6: He needs to be back out.
Speaker 3: And they need to lay hands on Bland and Parsons and Bland by the way, And I was told on Friday late when I screwed up his questionable and I said he was out, Well, it was my thinking he was out when I made that mistake to you. It was the first time in all his rehab that he woke up with a sore foot.
Speaker 5: And actually that's why I thought it was unusual that he.
Speaker 3: Was questionable after being fully that he.
Speaker 5: Did not It was a walkthrough and it was a d n P and he was listed as questionable. Yeah, after we all thought after Thursday that he's going to be played, and I.
Speaker 3: Was told that he would. Bland was told by medical whatever that that's a good thing because that's going to happen at some point after that surgery and you start doing what you did last week you're going to have a sour flim.
Speaker 5: McCarthy did tell me today that he that they should know on Wednesday next week that where the Parsons will be good with.
Speaker 3: Parsons high ankle sprain. He's had two weeks, so now you'll have three, right, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean summoned David Moore the Dallas Morning News is outside the window here, and he wants to tape his segment for the moment. Make sure you make sure he wants to rip the head coach on the Mike McCarthy Show.
Speaker 3: And so no, he wants to point out when they fired Wade Phillips as the only in season coaching fire. Just got to read the paper, that's all. Or if you prefer Tim Kalishaw went all the way back to nineteen eighty five when the Cowboys got wiped out twice during that play off season.
Speaker 4: Is one of the greatest teams of all time.
Speaker 3: And then Cincinnati did he.
Speaker 4: Go back to nineteen seventy Like I didn't know he.
Speaker 3: Went back to that year and the fact that Cincinnati beat him like fifty twenty four. Yeah, and they still went to the playoffs and got shut out by the Rams twenty to nothing.
Speaker 4: So it was was it really worse? Was it really worth going to the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was, I asked them because the year before they didn't go to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. Snapping the string, and that.
Speaker 3: Was when I first arrived The Kiss of Death.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, that does it for a special edition of Mix. Sure it's starring Kurt Daniels.
Speaker 6: Thanks for let me join it.
Speaker 4: And how about we do it again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 3: We'll be here.
Speaker 6: I will be out.
Speaker 5: That's right, it will be So you need to play the role of Everson Walls. His sig out. His signature out here is go Cowboys. I say, we'll see you tomorrow at noon. You say go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: So we'll see you tomorrow at noon, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.