Speaker 1: What's good, y'all. This is honey man kind check me out on the Bootleg CAV podcast. Let's get it hey.
Speaker 2: Before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine the Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, we over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg keV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview, yo, it's the Bootleg keV Show. Bootleg CAB Podcasts Special guests here. Finally he's here. Hanuman Kind is in the building. What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother? Was good? Was good? Man?
Speaker 2: Uh? Give me? So I've had some people tell me, are you like, did you spend some time in Houston or something?
Speaker 1: I did? So?
Speaker 3: Are you like, where were you born?
Speaker 1: I was born in India.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're born in India. But you you like, like, what was your Houston timeline in life?
Speaker 1: My Houston timeline was from the fourth grade till first year, like university.
Speaker 2: So you're damn near h town yeah and through yeah? Yeah, yeah, because I think when I first met you had a Rockets jersey on I did.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, yeah, so you're a Rockets. Good season too, man, Oh yeah, I already know Dune. You guys got just like jailing green with this ups.
Speaker 3: And you guys have too many young players that they do.
Speaker 1: But it's just a defensive team, man. So it's just it's just so different than.
Speaker 3: Because what's the kid's name is it Reed?
Speaker 2: The white boy you guys drafted, he don't even play, Cam Whitmore don't play.
Speaker 1: But they's just just so much talent, man, that just it's just a team that has such a high ceiling.
Speaker 2: Thompson's so nice, so good man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fox, that's so good man. Yeah, dude, defensive offensive, he just picks up his three point game and it's game over.
Speaker 2: Uh. Did you used to hate Dylan Brooks before he played for y'all? Yes, me too. Yeah, so I used to hate Grayson Allen and then we got Grayson Allen and I don't hate him as much.
Speaker 1: But you realize, like how much of an impact that kind of a player makes. It's just insane. Bro, you can't help but love him now.
Speaker 2: He's like the kind of guy like you like hate when he's not on your team, but you gotta love love on your team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like a Patrick Beverley types.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like even Draymond Yeah exactly. I saw you hate the Warriors, me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already Warriors. Oh my god. Yesterday they asked me if I would take a picture with Steph. I mean, honestly, that's a great shoot in the world. Yeah, of all time, I got respect.
Speaker 2: I mean like I mean, yeah, I always say there's like sports hate and then like you meet people in real life, like you guys are just like I make Draymond he was the nicest guy, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also like you can't deny greatness, right, It's just like it's so in your face. Man, he's just incredible.
Speaker 2: I have just you know, you know what I hated was just the uh the I always look at the Warriors is I don't know if you we're familiar with wrestling or w W, but they're like John Cena, like generic fans of the sport, just loved the Warriors and little kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny you mentioned that, because you know, the NBA has been picking up around the world, right, and we're in India. It's just all of a sudden, everybody's a Warriors fan. It's just like, yo, he's just chill, like you relax on this and that too. Being a Rockets fan, you're just like, oh my god, man, this is a little bit too much.
Speaker 2: How heartbreaking was I remember being drunk at a pool watching you guys go like one for I remember what was that game with Chris Paul and Harden were you guys? I don't remember how many threes in a row you missed. I think it was like twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven.
Speaker 2: It was insane. Yeah, that was that was the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the if we had if we had gone past them, we would have won the chip, Like.
Speaker 2: You guys would have made five more threes or something. The probability have been missing that many in a rows.
Speaker 1: It was just ridiculous. It's like all the misses we could have ever done, just the one added up in just one like quarter one quarter. It's at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was. It was so heartbreaking because who did who was it the Raptors that year that ended up? That was the Raptors year? Right?
Speaker 1: No? I think Golden State one that year? No, right, No, I think that was the Raptors year that twenty nineteen that was the Raptors. Was the Raptors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys would have smoked the Raptors.
Speaker 1: We would have beat the Raptors for so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have a place in your heart for Harden.
Speaker 1: I do. I do, no matter where, Like it's for sure, you know, he's just this is incredible.
Speaker 2: Man, second greatest rocket of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I put Jason McGrady up there too, like because Tracey mcgra McGrady was what who got me into basketball?
Speaker 2: Like would you put McGrady over yow?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, point just because I just enjoyed watching him play just offensively. He was just such such a force. R.
Speaker 2: Gredy's like the kind of player who, like the just man if he would have had like a you know them injuries, man, all time, all time great score.
Speaker 1: Just so good man, so fluid and so just so explosive when you need it to be. It's just an incredible man.
Speaker 2: It's like t Mac. It's like Grant Hill Penny, Yeah, Brandon Roy, like guys who like should have like.
Speaker 1: It's a great That was a great time for basketball.
Speaker 2: Actually, and he had fire as Adidas.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. Man, there's everybody wanted them.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It was just it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine. Yeah, then you had yow shout outs at yao ming man.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, that would We were supposed to win that year too. Like it was just a crazy team man.
Speaker 2: You know, talk to me, man. Obviously you know what I appreciated. What obviously got got a I think what kind of sucked a lot of people into check you out was like just the level of first of all, the big Dogs record was fire, but just the visual was so crazy. And then this new video that you have is even crazier, Like what is your thought process the creative process to these visuals man like and.
Speaker 1: Hmm, see I have I'm blessed to have a team of folks that always tries to push the envelope and whatever we do, right, I think the process is like just being open and receptive to as much and whatever it is that we feel when it comes to what it is we're making. Right. My boy Bitjoy, who's the director of everything I do, He's just a visionary, so he comes up with a lot of craziness and I'm the one who, like who figures it out if we can actually do this or not, you know what I mean? And that balance is just found because visually there's just so much you can do man generally like and you know, like music is just a great medium if you're trying to communicate when it comes to sound right or visuals, but as of late, visuals has just been kind of just dying down right, no one percent paying attention to us.
Speaker 2: Russ had an interviewed recently, maybe like two years ago now, where he was talking about like the ROI on like music videos just isn't what it used to be. But I feel like if you do it the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't we couldn't give I didn't give ship about ROI. For me, it was like we just loved doing it right. It was so important because you know, if I'm getting to make music and make videos and like live off of that and I'm gonna have a ball the time when to put.
Speaker 2: Mailed it in on the Big Dogs video, it might not have I mean, it's a great record, but I feel like the visuals as important as the music.
Speaker 1: It leaves an impression, right, I mean it just because you know, you can see how much you can see the intensity of how what I was going through during the shoot. And I feel like other people that a motorcycle wild enough. I couldn't get on the motorcycles whether like that many days though? Too much? Was that one night, two nights shoot that was one day one day. Yeah, I couldn't be in that for two days in a row. That's that's demanding for su Yeah. Yeah, we got through it though.
Speaker 2: And then uh, for you, is it cool to kind of see like the the TikTok virality of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't have TikTok in India, so it was all based off of Instagram and what we're hearing is happening on it. So you're like, oh, I heard it's going like yeah, I'm hearing about things and it's like.
Speaker 2: TikTok in India? Is it because they got a China thing going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it's just this just wow.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have your own like is there because I know, like, uh, certain countries will have like their own version of apps, Like is there is there something similar out there that's like just.
Speaker 1: I think most people just use Instagram and there's like I don't know, man, is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Nor YouTube?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean of course YouTube, but I think YouTube is just like its own thing. Yeah, shorts came recently, right right, and yeah, but YouTube's always been consistent. Man, It's always been a force in India.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah. I feel like it's the number one music consumption app in the world worldwide. It is in the States, it's probably Spotify or whatever, but worldwide.
Speaker 1: Like everyone means YouTube. Yeah, I mean even if it's not music, it's my algorithm is so fire at this point, just like what's.
Speaker 2: In the algorithms, just like if you.
Speaker 1: Open basketball and also like some philosophy and its just just random, random shit. The music, tons of it, right, just visuals that I enjoy and breaking down music. Man, just so much cool shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're a big basketball head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean as much as I can be on that side of the world. The timings are.
Speaker 2: Terrible sometimes, Yeah, what time you have to watch a game?
Speaker 1: Like six four in the morning, six in the morning if you're trying to catch it live. And you know, if you don't catch it live, it even if you don't see that, you can do the settings on the NBA app to like all right, you don't see the score.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see the score.
Speaker 1: But if you're not really watching it live, it just doesn't have the same feeling, you know what I mean? Right, And it always somehow like you open up your phone and just like some something or something has popped.
Speaker 2: Up the open Instagram or Twitter. You're like, oh man, why I mean yeah, yeah, when I'm a big wrestling fan, like I was, purposely usually I'm busy when pay per views are going on, so I'll purposely try to stay off my phone. Yeah, but it never it never works.
Speaker 1: You know, I hear this wrestling is popping off as a late but the thing is, like I stop watching a while, but I was really into it too. But then yeah, you know, right when Johnsena was like picking up and it was just his era was like full swing, is when I kind of just repeed it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, uh, from attitude era to I've been.
Speaker 1: Watching since I was like twelve, so I get that.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe younger, fuck yeah, younger. Yeah. Yeah, it's very it's a niche. I mean, it's blown.
Speaker 1: Up though, it is. I hear, I hear. It's having a renaissance. It's having its own.
Speaker 2: You guys have like, yo, what's crazy? Is like in like Netflix in India's held a different in Netflix here. Oh yeah, absolutely, Like I'll use the VPN and sometimes I just select random countries just to see what kind of good ship, you know. I'm like, damn. Sometimes it's like shit that's in theaters in the US is already on a Netflix.
Speaker 1: It is. It is, which is sick. But it's also like the other way around. Sometimes y'all just get access and everybody's talking about it. They're just giving and then it's like y'all need to relax because we don't have it yet. But you guys also like in first world access even out.
Speaker 2: Here like we'll get like like when because obviously Netflix has like a lot of or Netflix originals that are with Indian.
Speaker 1: Actors, and yeah, the same if you're trying to tap into some Indian shows, you know, movies and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Bollywood industry is so insane, like it is, man there, Like there's I forget that, I watched a documentary about one of your guys actors, I forget his name, but this guy's like Tom Cruise. He's like fucking one of the biggest stars on a planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well paid, man, everybody's getting paid.
Speaker 2: I feel like most Americans, like we only saw like slum Dog Millionaire, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that shit was fire.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was a great movie, but it also you know it just if that's the reference, you know, that's not really it, right, I mean I'm sure that, I'm sure there's elements, but it's like an overly dramatized idea of India, right, which of course there's a lot of problems within the country, but it's also like there's a lot of other things there too, which is what we try and show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's interesting with any place, right, like you, like, there's people who think that they're mind made up about the United States because they see like whatever homeless problems like certain parts of LA might have, or they might think everyone's like super fucking racist, and you know, but it's like this is a giant country. It's the same thing with India. It's like people like might have their mind made up about what India is like, but it's like, bro, it's a dynamic place.
Speaker 1: Like exactly that man, exactly. And the thing is it's just important, you know, conversations like these are just generally getting people to get out of that bubble. Every place makes you get inside your bubble, which is fine, Like people got to live, you know, it's sometimes you only got to focus on what's important to you, what's working for you, or what's you know, paying you, getting you buy on the day to day and everything else is a distraction, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's important too to have like somebody who kind of can represent like, you know, what what what y'all's country is on, like on the hip hop side, you know, it's important, man, Like, well, I remember we obviously where the boys or what was the song with a pajabi seeing Jay Z back in the day.
Speaker 1: M m, yeah, that the jay Z record. That was hard. It's hard.
Speaker 2: That was that hard? Is that guys still rapping?
Speaker 1: Yeah, legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like also, people like got to understand, like, you guys are like one of the biggest populations in the world.
Speaker 1: The biggest right now, the biggest kind of upsid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's like some places too where it's like the population density is insane right where it's like there's just so many people in like a small space. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people just also, I mean this is a worldwide phenomenon, but like people come to major cities, you know, like wherever you are, you're from the village or you're from you know, tier two cities as well. People come to bigger cities out there and they just hope for a better life. Man. You can see that over here. That's like New York and Lay super populated too, I mean not to the level have it, but then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like there's like people who are from like Texas exactly. Let's say people.
Speaker 3: Who are from Odessa, Texas.
Speaker 2: Maybe they want to move to Houston and chase the limelight and then they end up you know, sipping lean and hanging out with Sauce Waka.
Speaker 1: You know what is life? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, I mean the other thing. Are you full time in India.
Speaker 1: Now most of the time? Yeah, I lived there.
Speaker 2: Did you were you able ever to like tap in with the strip club scene in Houston at all? Because to me, it's the number one strip club city in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard. You know, I left before I could really get into it, before you could get in. Yeah. I got a couple of them before and it set my you know, my intentions very high, and then it's like, all right, time to leave the country. So yeah, you know, but I'm very well aware I'm going to Houston at the end of this trip.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you gotta go, man, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: There's they got that time being lost time. Man, I got to make up for it to go to Trailberger. Yeah. I already went last time.
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: That was great? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trail Burger is a thing. What I mean, Houston's the best I was out there. We're you got to go hunting.
Speaker 1: I do, man, that I've actually done, but not successfully. But you know, I was tried that out when I was younger too. It's like it's amazing. It's home Michie could do in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we were in a helicopter shooting pigs.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you did one of those.
Speaker 2: I see those on YouTube with Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's fire Man. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I've never hunted or killed in an animal in my life, and they convinced me into the benefits. They essentially were like these pigs are They're like vermin. And they also they killed they killed dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they killed people's pets. Those are some big fucking says.
Speaker 2: You mean, if I kill one of these pigs, I could be saving a dog. And I mean I'm all about saving dogs.
Speaker 1: John Rambo Right now.
Speaker 2: You know this new video it kind of showcases uh a martial arts style that's based in India.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, multiple martial arts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, the ship is wild. Like I like this new video then better than the Big Dogs video because it's just so like it's intense, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot going on in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we tried, you know, because the song itself was like the sounds and the energy that it was from me, It was was like very rooted with the land, so and you know it has that spirit of like you know that we try to showcase individuals and so there's just like like you were saying, there's just a lot to lot to the land. So there we try to depict styles from you know, different air corners, Yeah, different areas and that too, like we're limited to however long the video is, right, of course, we're able to do so much. But we you know, we tried it and this is that song that we thought we could try because you know, sonically, it's just what drew us more to that, right, you know what I mean? So yeah, man, we it was martial arts and there was also some like you know, old dancing styles that are like you know, rooted in tradition and have a lot of lore behind it, you know, so and that's like more specific to South India. So we tried everything, man.
Speaker 2: No, I mean execution was insane. Is the is like your fan base out there like excited that you're kind of showcasing because it's obvious that you have a you do have the attention of like the rest of the world as well with music. You know, they're pretty excited you're able to kind of showcase the culture and they are.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, I I'm just like as it can be a lot sometimes too, but it's also like.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, cause you're like the guide worldwide.
Speaker 1: You're the guy asked for this, you know what I mean. And it's also like at the end of it, it's like I do have a you know I had I had the perspective from a lot of other places as well, right, So it's just not strictly from the land, which is like a like which is why I try and do it the way that I do, which is unique to myself. I just feel like there's like so much that is there that you see in art that's going to be coming from there as well. You know, hopefully it's just to get eyes to more that's happening there, you know what I mean. Like this is a part of it, and while I figure out what I'm trying to be in my life and you know what I'm trying to say overall, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: When you because when you kind of picture rap name, because like I remember when old dirty Bastards started going by Big Baby Jesus, he got a lot of like what was was it, like, uh, did you get any blowback for for your name?
Speaker 1: It's a great question. Yeah. Absolutely. Yeah, there's a lot of folks who don't take kindly to the fact that there's like a sense of spiritualism tied in with the name, you know what I mean. But that's why India is not the same as the rest of the world. Man, Like you have to move carefully if you're doing these kind of things and so and that's my journey, that's my battle to figure out and you know, but yeah, you got to be cautious with that. Definitely, we're figuring.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah, like you kind of dealing with it in real time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's a at the end of it, Like I'm just I'm just human, man, I'm just a dude who's trying to make music and you know that happy to be the name that that that you.
Speaker 2: Know for people who aren't solidified extremely like a because a lot of Americans don't understand break down your name and just kind of the meaning.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, mankind is like a combination of a little bit of my world and the rest of the world, right, the mankind obviously, butan is like you know, uh, a deity and and you know it's a well known deity in our from India, right right, and rooted in a lot of history and law, and so it's like, you know, I just kind of just it was just a combination of two things. And and so that's why when you bring out that conversation, you know, people you know how you know how it is when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Certain people are faith. Yeah, here there's people who are crazy faith, ye know. And then yeah, there's people are kind of nonchalant about it.
Speaker 1: Conservative side can get very very intense. Man.
Speaker 2: You guys got your own servative side out there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's you know, at the end of it, like it's a very human thing for sure. Right it's not America and this is the world.
Speaker 2: There's people who are very conservative, especially when it comes to religion. And wherever country you're.
Speaker 1: In, Yeah, it's assault man, Like it definitely. It can you know, pull us back a lot. And I don't know these things, these things, I guess they just take time and it's just a natural occurrence because faith is something that it's sometimes it's the only thing people have get me, like when all else is failed. Because you know, the world's been going through a lot as I like I see it in.
Speaker 2: America, especially with the tariffs everywhere.
Speaker 1: Man and that's affecting everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you guys are one of our biggest trading partners.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And so.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder, Man, we don't know yet. I might not be able to go into the country next time.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if that's gonna happen. But I mean, what do y'all. Y'all make a lot.
Speaker 1: For us, A lot, man, I mean we make a lot for the world. No, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's like one of the biggest like manufacturing countries in the world. It's They'm near India and China.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Now That's what I was also saying is that sometimes during all this, you know, people figuring out, like we have the comfort of having these kind of conversations, but a lot of people don't have that. All they have is faith, Like when all else has failed them, at least they know, oh, there's one thing that hasn't and that's about that's kind of hard to like navigate around, right, Because that's what you mean by like, oh, they're very serious about.
Speaker 2: This, because you know, that's the only thing you got.
Speaker 1: When the world's let you down and you're like, oh, but there's like I think someone's listening.
Speaker 2: You know. It's inspiring too because you'll see people like, you know, uh, shout out to everybody who's dealing with what they're dealing with in Gaza. But to see like those people go through this ship that they're going through and still have the you know, the resolve to have like a bright outlook on the end of it, and it's like, man, like that's that's it's sad, but it's beautiful, Like to see the people talk and like the kids are still like in and it's just you know, it's heartbreaking, it is.
Speaker 1: But at the end of it, when you say kids, there's just they still got to be kids, right. I imagine going through that. Imagine what kind of what it will build in those kids for in the future when they're like in lifetime, losing people in front of them, you know, and being treated that way, Like, how do you think like that will affect them? Right? You got his faith? This is just it's just it's terrible, man, it's super just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, it's it's it's a it's a sad situation. I mean yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, hopefully they come to a conclusion as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: We're in a very crazy space in the world.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, absolutely, yeah. So uh. The other guy who is very very also a Texas guy, my boy Akash from a Flagrant. He's he's done a great job of using like stand up to kind of like showcase like Indian culture. And there's one thing about you guys. You guys got the wedding thing figured out, Like his wedding is insane. And then he was like I was like talked about it a little bit and he's like, it's just like a like my wedding. He was like, my wedding was like a middle of the road Indian wedding. He's like Indian weddings like they don't funk around.
Speaker 1: They like, I mean, if you're lucky enough, you have a big wedding, right, And I think that that's what they like. Families kind of look forward to the bringing together a family. I think like there's a lot of family.
Speaker 3: It's such a family oriented culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I feel like, you know, the Western world has gotten away from you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I feel like that's what you'll find it here and there, because you see huge weddings that are out here too, right for sure, and it just depends. It's just like once again, it's just more rooted into the culture and traditions of folks no matter where, like north, south, east west. So they go at it.
Speaker 2: You know what, what what were your parents first thought when you told them you wanted to do music?
Speaker 1: The fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Because I know Indian parents are pretty serious.
Speaker 1: You know. I mean they can be definitely where my parents are all school of shit. You know, I was raised by the cane. But it was I mean at first it's like, yeah, what the fuck is this? But also it's like what are we going to do? Right? I mean this guy at the end, they were kind of just like if he sucks up, he sucks up. Man. Like it worked out luckily because, like I said, I think it's because, like I was, they had been able to travel and see the world.
Speaker 2: It's like full context.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad they didn't just cut me off. I mean because it's like at the end of it, like I would have still done what I was, what I wanted to do, but you know it is it's for them. It's like, you know, they don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Right, right what uh? What kind of inspired like like obviously growing up in Houston as an adolescent, like was that what was was there any like what would you say would be your biggest influences hip hop wise? That kind of pushed you into the into the culture.
Speaker 1: Of course, man, just like the music that was around me at the time, Like when the city of Houston as well. I think it's just a great place for hip hop for sure, so the sounds of the South as a whole, right, but also just like loving the art woman going into like you know, just the music of the nineties in the eighties and just like listening to it properly, you know, and you get just like kind of going into it with you know, whatever access that we had back then, you know, with our dial up internet and ship.
Speaker 2: And what are what's some of your favorite albums ever?
Speaker 1: Albums?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean A Madic is definitely up there right there, Oh Fire beautiful. I Actually more than the albums, I really like mixtapes. You remember when Chamellionaire was.
Speaker 2: Putting mix changing Click Yeah, the mixtape Messiah is mixtape MESSI Bro.
Speaker 3: Chamillionaire's mixtape Run was so crazy good.
Speaker 2: Chamellionaire And when we talk about Houston because I know he's kind of stepped back and he's an investor now, but I feel like we got it, Like he's one of them one if.
Speaker 1: He that baller wrap that he was just so good at. Man, it was just amazing. That's that's kind of shit that was around, you know. And then also like low Wayne when he's dropping all of his mixtapes too, there's like a great time for mixtapes, man, just music.
Speaker 3: Mixtape era of music was just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man just had people worried what song it was gonna hop on, you know, like just destroy people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, Wayne, I feel like there's like songs that Wayne just took, like on the No Ceiling Ship, where it's like you can't hear the normal version of the song anymore, and I'd be like, yeah, but the Wayne version.
Speaker 1: There's still like versions of which I just was just like, this is the only version I know, And randomly the actual original song.
Speaker 2: Like the swag Swag Surfing like kind of came back. But I'm like, I just want to hear the Wayne swag swag surfan is great.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, that was great, man, I want.
Speaker 2: To hear the No Ceilings freestyle.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Was was for you, like the you you kind of paid homage to Project Pad a bit with your flow on Big Dogs. Yeah, what was that because you guys you guys have had communication obviously, absolutely man, that I mean, I thought that was cool because it's it was you. You like did his flow perfectly on like a world's scale, and like Project Pat's one of the most underrated artists of like MC's ever.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but so it's like so impactful man, for sure. Everywhere. Man, Now it's type Man. I'm like, we're you know, we're we in touch and we you know, we're working on things, which which I think is amazing. I think actually three six Mafia is playing Coachella.
Speaker 2: They are they are yeah three six at coch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's going to be an interesting thing just to be able to see him, man. And it's very cool, bro, because I think I had to do it right because that's what came naturally to the song when I was making it, that kind of flow, and then it was just like at the end of it, it's like got to shout them out, man, Like I literally have it inside the song because it's just it's only right, you know.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to impact of hip hop, man, for sure. Music at the times, bro, Like three six Mafia was so big at the time when we were listening to music. Man.
Speaker 2: So, how excited you about Coachella. It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Crazy shit, man, Yeah, I'm excited. You can see it. I mean it's one of those things. First show in America is that. Oh so we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: And do that's crazy, that's your first show in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck? I'm feeling it. Might as well go big, go hard to go home, and I'm not home, so you gotta go hard.
Speaker 2: Man. Do you have any any any special plans for your set, any anything like anything, Like.
Speaker 1: You know, we got we got some things lined up, like especially you know, when we're coming from there, we want to bring some ideas and and and sounds from that side of the world. But I got some folks that I want to also bring up from this side of the world and showcase and just like you know, kind of just bring wells together. Man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw your set in Thailand and you killed it. And like people don't realize, like Thailand is like there's like a lot of people from India and Thailand. Yeah, very much, like right there, so like you were you had a like people were fucking with you in the crowd there, Like I was out in the crowd the highest fuck watching your ship.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate it. Man, it was fun. Thailand was tight, you know, for more reasons, and that's the show was.
Speaker 2: No, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's amazingat I mean some of the best food absolutely, and people are.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, dude, the best thing about Thailand is like the street food, like yeah, absolutely by like that. It's so cheap, like it's it's the best, just delicious man.
Speaker 3: You you guys are known for your street food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, is what.
Speaker 2: Is like the go to uh if I'm if I go to India for the first time.
Speaker 1: Depends on where in India though, Okay, like where your food like from Keralin like a like a bottom booty which is like I don't know, like the banana fritters, and there's like there's also like things obviously you hear about, like whether it's like a samosa or whether there's like there's like it just depends on where you look. But if you're going to like South India to be like that, what else from Karalin. Oh, but Shot is in South Indian man is it? Yeah? But Shot is also like it's like just like quick easy, you know, food that they'll quickly make.
Speaker 3: But it's these guys go viral on TikTok.
Speaker 1: They yeah, yeah, it's for better or for worse.
Speaker 3: I mean it looks fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I see it, man, you should. You know, when you come down, I'll introduce you some good spots. Are you working on an album, working on a mixtape?
Speaker 2: Mixtape?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many? First of all, how how far into the process are you using it?
Speaker 1: We're pretty close to finishing it, you know. I'm just like adding little touches and stuff and figuring out how to go about it. It's my first like project that I'm doing like this, so you know, I'm trying to features.
Speaker 2: You get still waiting on something to come over.
Speaker 1: The I do? Yes, yeah, absolutely, yeah everything. You know how it is when you're making these kind of things, bro.
Speaker 2: It's like, damn, well, will they send this back in time to make the album?
Speaker 1: Especially because I'm like the time difference is like eleven and a half hours. It's like completely the opposite time. So but it's just like communication once.
Speaker 2: You cross that to that side of the world. You don't realize like, oh, it's already tomorrow. Yeah, if you're in the like us, it's tomorrow. So when we fly here, we actually like gain a whole gain a day. Yeah, it's it's it's kind of nuts.
Speaker 3: But when you go out there, you're you. When you go back home, you lose a whole day.
Speaker 1: Bro, It's nuts. Like we leave on the fifth and all of a sudden, it's the seventh insane. It's so it's so weird, man. And then like again, the amount of time that it takes you to get out of this jet lag.
Speaker 2: I'm just the jet lag is what I have. You real fucked up.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm sure you felt that after Thailand too, right.
Speaker 2: Dude, going there. I was there for like twelve days because I had some business with Wiz out there before rolling Loud, and it took me two days to just like adjust to the sun being.
Speaker 1: Out, glibrate yeah, and be like all right, cool now I can like yeah, I can work out, you know, I can go eat and like I was just in the room dog like fuck, I know, man, I know that's what that's. I came straight from the room over here brother.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I ain't mad at it, man, And any any idea when the I'm gonna er when your mixtape is gonna drop for the end of the year, i'.
Speaker 1: Assument absolutely yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you already have other videos shot? Because it's no, you don't fuck around with these videos.
Speaker 1: Ain't like you just yeah, but we're working on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got the concepts, you got the vision boards and all that.
Speaker 1: I see. Actually, when you come down to this kind of stuff, you don't sit with like it's whatever comes at the moment. Man. A lot of it just comes. You know, the song will be ready and we'll be sitting with it. But it's only when you really intently, kind of intentionally go after an idea for it that it comes.
Speaker 2: Would you ever do movies?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you, I mean yeah, or direct someone else's video.
Speaker 1: I've been in these headspaces and conversations for for some time, man. But also it's like one of those things where I'm just like, I'm just at the space of just like when it comes to music, to just figuring this out. But I think these things also come naturally with it. It's art at the end of it.
Speaker 2: So for sure, what was it like linga will rocky and that had to be kind of cool, also insane, visionary, amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, initially we were talking about doing a video when we had had conversations in the beginning, but also we just knew with the time and everything, it just wasn't.
Speaker 2: And around that time, I think he was kind of the thick of his thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's also like the song had been out for a long time, so it's like, we shoot a video will take time as.
Speaker 2: Well, right, so it's like by the time the video, I mean exactly, it's.
Speaker 1: Like then it's like, bro, what is this big Dog song? Bro?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Tired of it?
Speaker 2: Also, like, you know what I loved about this about your about Big Dogs was it was like an untraditionally structured song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 3: So it was like you heard the intro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the intro, but like the song is like it's like it's it's just a thing, like it's it's not like a traditionally structured record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my perception of music.
Speaker 2: Which is which is I think is incredible because it's like you know, the it reshapes. I feel like there's certain records like that that like reshape what like a hit could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, man, because you know that intro bit when you you know of the song is what people think is the hook. That's not the hook, right, The hook is later in the song, and people usually like ye up with the hook first, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Doci's Denial is a River is like an example of a song that's like such a big hit, but there's it's just a dope record stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody anybody you'd like to work with in the States that you haven't been able to connect with quite yet that you're just a fan of, just you know, just like, man, I really appreciate what you got going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's quite a few, man. Doci's one of them. I think she's amazing.
Speaker 2: She's fucking fire.
Speaker 1: You know. There's some who I have been in touch with, like a Jid or del Carraz. Yeah, yeah, amazing, man.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear his album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's yeah, he's always cooking man. Yeah, he's so good poet for sure. Yeah, and this is a lot, man. I'm just I think it's a it's such a cool space for music, you know, as a whole over here and just seeing it from now outside, Like I mean, now we have access to everything, right, so it's like everyone's paying attention, and it's just about trying things out. Man, I'm what to it?
Speaker 2: What is the general consensus? I'm just curious for our politics out here over there.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I mean I think this is just I mean my perception of it, right, And I'm not like a politician.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, I'm just curious, like what the like what folks over there are thinking about? What the fuck we got going on over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, because I think because of the way that America is positioned, right, y'all are like, for better or for worse, y'all are like the leader of the free world, right, and you know this right has developed over time and right, you know, conquering and being who you are. Right. But then because of that, whether it's India or anybody else, everybody's watching. They won't like Indian politics are going on, Japanese politics are going on, China everything, But y'all, no one's really paying attention like they're paying attention to America.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I think y'all need to be very aware of that.
Speaker 2: And we're the number one consuming country of goods. But like you said, it's like people are paying attention to what we're doing, and like when we do certain things, it's when you start having countries pushed together together like bricks, you you know, and it's like it.
Speaker 1: Is you got to understand, right because and typically when you think about when you think about civilizations in the past, right, all the great ones at the end, they'll get to the top, and they're the ones their only downfall.
Speaker 2: Is themselves themselves.
Speaker 1: Right when they don't have other enemies to go against our other issues, you start looking inwards and you eat yourself alive. Right, Actually, y'all have it amazingly good. Like we come from third world countries outside and you see how amazing like things can be. Right, but then you look at it and then and it's crazy dramatic, like of course it's also entertaining, right, you know, I mean, see what's going on, and it's this is grab popcorn eating.
Speaker 2: But you have like we go from like a guy's like half dead and finding a genocide to a guy who's you know, wants to finish the genocide and it's all bright orange.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a free Palestine man I'm just saying, like, at the end of it, right, you think about you think about it, and it's not I don't think it's just an Indian thing. I think everyone's just viewing it and just being like there's a lot going on. And also like y'all have a ripple effect because everything, like you're saying, with the tariffs and everything, everything is like affected afterwards. So we'll see, yes, I mean, and we will see too, like we watch everybody watch.
Speaker 2: Its like we're the fucking and like it's season one of succession.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end, y'all got to realize. And I think this applies to even my country too. Yeah, we're on the like we're on the same team. Like we go. It's at the end of it, it's just the poor and the rich. You must understand that, Like it's just class. It's just a class thing, right, and they everything else is just it's all farce. It's just ship that they're trying to make. Like Okay, there you go, this is going on. Yeah, they're creating a lot's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sat a lot of stuff to divide classes. But they don't make them think they're being divided by classes that make them think that they're being divided by identity ship.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you point hard enough, the eyes will focus. But then there's like fingers that are pointing back. Man. It's just you must understand this. But again, this is like it's not like we have it amazing on that side. Like everybody, everybody's got their own problems, brother, and like, you know, we will figure this out for sure.
Speaker 2: I hope, so, man, I hope. So new mixtape on the way Coachella the next two weekends. You're going to be holding it down to Coachella. Uh. The new record is insane, video's crazy.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, my brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep up, keep up the good work, bro, You're killing it.
Speaker 1: And thank you, bro, you're killing it to better. You know, we're keeping the eyes in.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I need to tap in with some more Indian mcs too.
Speaker 1: Hey man, there's a lot more. They're just so good homies.
Speaker 2: He's uh, you know he helps with mass Appeal and uh yeah, there's a I know mass Appeal has his footprint out there.
Speaker 1: Massive man. I mean, I'm sure you hear the like divine and you know there's there's something that's directly you don't work with mass appeal. There's just some incredible talent out there.
Speaker 2: For sure, and hip hop massive, I mean hip hop massive everywhere right.
Speaker 1: Shout out to they se hip hop to Indian hip hop. Man, there's just a lot of very very cool artists that are coming on the way over there. Man, tap in, you do have to tap in, But I mean there's so many names that if I get started, I won't be able to stop for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you pulling
Speaker 1: Up, bro, appreciate your having boom every brother fire