Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks, and welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ continuing to give you your Diddy trial updates day and day out. It is Friday, June thirteenth, Yes, Friday the thirteenth, and as Werowaka and I sit here to give you the update, court is in session here on this Friday, A key witness is off the stand. New witnesses are going to be up there today, but Robes again a little drama before they even got two witnesses, and we had two issues in particular this morning we want to pass along to you, folks, And this was just happening as we were recording this. So as of this recording, these two issues just popped up before they were able to even get the testimony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had an issue with someone who's going to be testifying, Homeland Security Special Agent Andre Lamon. There was a discussion as to whether or not he could testify about guns found in Diddy's home. So they went back and forth on that, and then there was another issue regarding that juror, that duror that they said wasn't forthcoming in wardere where he was describing where he lived apparently was at issue, and so there was a lot of back and forth between the defense and the prosecution on that.
Speaker 1: So let's go with the Homeland security expert or excuse me as to say agent. He was a part of the raid on Ditty's home, those initial raids that were all over television, all the talk of baby oil that was found at the house and all this, and they did find guns. The defense was adamant. I mean, they are fighting, and they were fighting and fighting fighting this morning. Say we do not want this man talking about guns. They thought that could be prejudicial. Yeah, if you're getting up there talking about a guy in a racketeering case and some guy gets up there, so you have found this gun, this gun, and this gun. They found a compromise. I guess the judge was going to allow him to do it, but you said you have to do it. But put it in context. The guns that were.
Speaker 3: Found, correct, the defense attorney.
Speaker 2: Ditty's defense attorney said, I want to know exactly where the guns were. He said, I don't want to start playing rush roulette with guns, which is the way you played Russian roulette.
Speaker 1: Aha haha ha.
Speaker 2: So a little humor there as they're going back and forth. But the judge did decide that the Homeland Security agent can testify about guns found in one of Sean Combe's mansions, and the prosecution has to address the defense team's concerns by clarifying in their questioning that there was no sign of impropriety on how the guns were kept in his home.
Speaker 1: It was just there. That's all I can say. The guns were there. That still could be prejudiciar. You see what But it sounds from the reporters in the room that the defense was fighting tooth and nail to not have this stuff mentioned. This gives ad a wrong impression.
Speaker 3: I should say words like adamant. They were adamant that this not happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, they didn't want this, soh that is being allowed. The Whomeland Security agent is on the stand now, he's been testifying to other stuff that he did found. I was just asking you, why would you have a cooler bag full of baby oil? So he listed a whole bunch of stuff that they actually found in Diddy's home, A bunch of Milila envelopes with k on them, and then inside there was a substance and it was tested for ketminetamine.
Speaker 3: Right, that would make sense.
Speaker 1: They but they were lately. You need to label your ketamine?
Speaker 2: Well maybe you know, when you have a lot of drugs floating around your home, you got to keep it all.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 3: Labeled and you know what you're taking. That's great, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: You're taking so many drugs that you have to have Manila envelopes and labels to know which drugs are witch.
Speaker 1: It's odd to think even though they were using drugs, they were being safe about it. This makes sure nobody.
Speaker 2: Takes the wrong You don't want to take ketamine when you think you're taking advil or I don't know, cocaine.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how they all look. Seems like they would look very different from one another, but maybe they aren't.
Speaker 1: Not wild to say. I have no idea what kenmy looks like. Does it come in pill form? Is it in liquid?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 1: I actually don't know.
Speaker 2: The only thing I know that cocaine is a white pottery substance.
Speaker 3: I know that. But other than that, I wouldn't be a scarface too.
Speaker 1: I know what that looks like. I have no idea what ketamine looks like. But they listed all these things, and yes, this one detail though was it eighteen They say commercial sized boxes of astroglide astro That is disturbing, that's wild. But he said yes, they ended up being like nine hundred bottles of lubricant altogether, and yes, a whole bunch of baby oil. But I asked you. He said, they found a cooler bag full of baby oil. And I said, why would you put it in a cooler bag?
Speaker 2: And because this is my best guess that a cooler bag is waterproof, and so it's usually there to hold ice or something to keep something cool, but it could also prevent baby oil from spilling when you're transporting it.
Speaker 3: It could leak into other fabrics.
Speaker 2: So this way the baby oil would stay in the cooler bag and not get all over the place, because you know, sometimes you have a half used bottle. Doesn't sound like they had too many half used bottles bottles, but maybe they did and they wanted to make sure they kept That is just such a bizarre thing that you're transporting baby oil from hotel to hotel.
Speaker 3: How do you get that through the tea? I guess you got to check that bag.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you remember from earlier they used to send people to get candles and send me where it gets tough.
Speaker 2: Okay, they didn't travel with it, just from the store to the hotel.
Speaker 3: You need a cooler bag.
Speaker 1: You know what, you make a good You've spoken like a true parent. That sounds like something a parent due to make sure the baby didn't spill something, you would get a cooler bag, something that's easily you conceal. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: It makes you think of a lunchbox exactly.
Speaker 2: You get your kids these little lunch boxes so that they don't spill and they can keep their little sandwich cool.
Speaker 1: Not quite like that, but I'm glad we could add a little levity to all this baby oil talk. That was issue number one this morning. So he is as we speak, he is on the stand and being allowed to talk about all the things that he found in the home. The other issue rose We've been talking about this juror for weeks. People have concerns about this juror. Even the judge had concerns. We don't know for sure if this was the person that Diddy was looking at when he got reprimanded by the judge. He was nodding to someone. What was the word the judge Lute used, He was nodding aggressively, yes, but nodding to some juror. What has come up about a juror the prosecution investigated. They said this person had a lack of candor with the court, so they were wanting them possibly removed. The defense was saying, no, we want to keep this juror, and that robed to some of the back and forth this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't still even hearing what was said back and forth, I'm still not super clear on what the issue was other than it had something to do with where he lived. But the judge said that he didn't believe there was He said that there was a facial inconsistency in the juror's answer to questions about where he lived. And the judge said this, he thought that it was fair and reasonable that the prosecution would raise that issue to the court, that there were concerns if he wasn't totally truthful about that, what else could they take for truth or fact. So the judge also pushed back and was not happy that the defense suggests that there was some sort of bias. The defense had said that they believed the prosecution trying to have this duror removed, was waging a thinly veiled effort to dismiss a black juror. The judge said, that is not happening. There is no bias in any of any kind, and it's totally reasonable that the government brought this up. And so the judge said he might possibly pull the juror aside after testimony today and speak to him. But the defense didn't necessarily like that either, But.
Speaker 1: The judge sounded reasonable. I know a lot is on the line. Defence is doing their job. He said, this is probably just an innocent mistake. Let me talk to the guy before we have to remove somebody. I judge says he's going to look into this, take it up again, maybe later. But that juror is still on that jury doing his thing as we speak.
Speaker 2: And I don't believe this juror knows that we're talking about him.
Speaker 1: No, while this.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's forty one years old, he's from the Bronx, he's a corrections officer. He has no what he loves nineties rap music. We know that, but he has no idea we're discussing him on this podcast, or that the judge is discussing him, or that there's any sort of fight between the defense and the prosecution over him.
Speaker 1: Didn't they make the argument The defense said, well, don't call him in there. He's gonna feel like he's been singled out and picked on. That's harassing the juror.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what the defense said, So they don't want him to even be aware that there's any issue with what answer he gave when they were questioning him. But the judge said he would take the defense's concern into consideration, but he would make that decision and possibly possibly speak to that juror later today to decide if everything was kosher. But he felt like things were probably fine.
Speaker 1: So that issue seems to continue. That's not done just yet, but something to keep an eye on. The rolls we been covering this. This is the fifth week of testimony that's wrapping up now. There have been a bunch We keep talking about. Heartbreaking moments, gripping moments, painful moments, jaw dropping moments. We keep coming up every day like wow, it's another than another one. I do not think I heard about anything in this entire trial that was more shocking and powerful and maybe even important than what happened with Jane when she finished. It wasn't something we finally heard from Jane, but something Jane did when she finally got through testifying. That is the moment of the trial for me so far.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I don't think we're as humans used to seeing people be kind and loving, especially in a public way, and especially in a trial like this. But that is exactly what Jane managed to do after she testified for six days grueling, excruciating testimony, and she got she got asked tough, hard questions, and yet when she finally finished, she walked over and she hugged the prosecutor. But even more remarkably, she then turned and walked over to the defense attorney who had been grilling her.
Speaker 1: Tiny grinning grows, Gary goes right.
Speaker 2: Teddy, Gary goes and hugged her as well. What a moment, How powerful? That was just a simple hug, but it said so much about who she is and hopefully perhaps I mean, she said she wanted peace, she wanted peace for Diddy, and her actions spoke even louder than her words.
Speaker 1: My first thought of this was about the end of a game or the end of a boxing match. We just went out here and beat the hell out of each other for twelve rounds, I'm hurting you hurting. We talked all that smack before the fight. There was even some dirty stuff that happened during the fight. But the fight's over, and let's just acknowledge that we had to do what we had to do. But now it's over. That is what it looked like to me, that we all just went through this pain. We didn't appreciate having to put you through it. We're all we all had a job to do, and you had a job to do on the stand. And it felt like she just acknowledged to everybody, Okay, guys, good game, almost if you will just.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about that, like a sports analogy that makes a lot of sense. It also felt like her kind of owning the moment for herself. It wasn't about anyone else. It was about her extending grace, and that hug for me was closure in a way, like she could put this chapter now to rest. She did what she thought was the right thing to do, and she wasn't doing it.
Speaker 3: It feels like.
Speaker 2: When she ended with that hug, she wasn't doing it for vengeance or for to get back at Ditty or to make sure he goes to jail. She I believe, sat up there and did the best job she could to tell the truth.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it was it was a peace offering at the end. That really was incredible.
Speaker 1: It was I mean, the emotion that finally came out. I say this to you all the time. Sometimes we have a long day and exhausting, just run and run and running, and I'm fine as it's happening, But it's the I mean, the second that we're done, everything just releases and you just exhausted, and you just break down almost emotionally. I almost want to cry. It felt like this is finally over. She's been doing this for a year, if you will, going back and forth and meetings with attorneys and so on. This was finally it and maybe she will never speak to Ditty again. It's possible this might have been the last time she ever sees this guy.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, I hadn't thought about that.
Speaker 1: It's just that what a moment. We didn't see it. We just heard the end. We've depended on a bunch of very good reporters at the Washington Post in particular, who've been telling us what's going on in the courtroom. But that was I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Believe that one, you know, And I hope she went straight to the airport, got on a plane and is lying on a beach somewhere beautiful, because she went to Helen Back this past week.
Speaker 1: And some of her testimonies may sound like she went to Helen Back while dating Diddy.
Speaker 3: For three years transition, but I applaud that.
Speaker 1: And look, the other thing that played role in the triol we're gonna rap on this one is somebody we don't know. There is someone who played a role yesterday in a major way, and we don't know who the hell it is yet we're talking Robes. This is a fascinating story. So there's a mystery wrapper unidentified. Everybody's trying to figure out who it is online right now at least. But the story goes Robes that she went to Vegas on a private plane with an iconic rapper and his girlfriend or his wife, whoever it was. And while she was out there, she ran in two an Antoine who was a favorite escort that did he like to use in his freak offs. So while she's out in Vegas, she ends up at a party in a hotel room where Anton is performing, where he is having sex with somebody in a bed in front of a crowd of people. Now why this all matters because several months later, when this young lady was with Diddy and for freak Off, they got into a fight. This was the one she described a brutal.
Speaker 2: Brutal she yeah, this is the one that he came into her home in La. She had to hide from him for two hours. He punched, he broke down doors, he punched, She had welts, she had bruises, and he told her, hey, put those injuries on ice when she came back in and get ready to perform, because I called Antoine over.
Speaker 1: Totally called them, called the next guy, and the next gun happened to be Antine. Now Diddy didn't know this at the time, but of course she knows this guy already. He finds out later that she had gone to another man's freak off and gets pissed. So that's the story. So what was the debate robes beforehand? Is the DeFi is a fight over whether or not that rapper's name was going to come up in testimony.
Speaker 2: And the defense wanted his name, yes, said aloud and put into the court record. And why did the prosecution not want the rapper named.
Speaker 1: I can't remember their answer. I just remember what the defense said. They said, we want because this could possibly open things up to other witnesses who could possibly come forward and help us in our case.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that the defense is hoping that the jury that the world hears about this other rapper and that he also has freaks and it won't make Diddy seem so awful and so bizarre and so perhaps even criminal because other people are doing it too.
Speaker 1: They're trying to make a suggestion as well from or trying to show that the witness Jane was of her own free will attending some of these things, and even when Diddy wasn't around, she was found herself in these situations. So they were trying to make a point, but just for everybody in the room. Part of the reason you could say a rapper is a bunch of rappers out there, say a popular rapper. Fine, they call this guy an icon. They say he is a very successful rapper. He is someone that knows mister Colmbs really well, that mister Gomes is close to and they use the words that he has icon status in the rap game. Now, there is a small group of folks who have that if that's true, that's a very small group. So now everybody's going to like, what the hell. So it's played such a big role because everybody's wondering, like what.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because with all of the folks who knew what was going on with Diddy, right, he had a large enough entourage, and all of those people who were working for him had to know what was happening behind the scenes. And so if there's someone else in that same world doing similar things, you'd think there are a lot of people who not just think they know, but actually know through experience who that other rapper is, because it appear he would also have to have other people helping him put these huge sex.
Speaker 3: Party, hotel party freak offs.
Speaker 2: On, and uh yeah, that's got a lot of people digging.
Speaker 1: I said, you be into whatever you want to be into. As long as you're not hurting yourself or somebody else, I got no problem with it. Oh that's my phone is going off there for the very popular song from a very different rapper, different rapper. Make sure that's clear.
Speaker 2: Everyone now knows TJ's ring tone is. They're not like us.
Speaker 1: Kendrick Lamar just a coincidence that just happened to go off while we were talking about this. Let's all make that okay, is making sure that's but look, see this was a room, this was an audience that was watching this. A lot of people are aware of this stuff going on, and they're in a Vegas and I'm sure it's wasn't an off the strip hotel. This was a nice Vegas strip.
Speaker 3: Where everything no I'm kidding but kind of.
Speaker 1: But it's happening right there and are under our noses in the next room. That's wild to think.
Speaker 2: About it next time we go to a Vegas hotel or frankly some of these hotels in New York City who have been named. I don't know that I'm ever going to feel the same in one of those hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: Essex House, Wing you going animo, can't do it, no way, Okay, Let's make sure we're clear here. No nothing bad negative, We're not trashing the Essex House.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine bringing a blue light? Isn't that what those things are into one of those rooms now and just could There's no way they could have cleaned it all up like oil like that. There's no way and all those fluids they were talking about. Honestly, it makes me never want to stay in a hotel room ever again.
Speaker 1: And it's weird you can't even say, well, I want to stay in just the nicest places. These were all nicest.
Speaker 3: They were the sweets place.
Speaker 2: Probably the more expensive it is, the higher chance it was that.
Speaker 3: It was used in a freak off.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's what we should do. Then I'll just get junior sweets from now on. We should we know, did he didn't use a Jinger Street We should be fine.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: We could just get like the basic, lowest priced room and you know, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: The King would not have stayed there.
Speaker 1: You all, it's amazing. Look, it's been a long several weeks and a long week this week. Look there's a lot going on, and I'm glad we can put a smile on our face and maybe we could report about something that's not so damn violent or completely destructive. But we're trying to all make sense of this thing. Folks. We appreciate you continuing to listen to us. But that's your update for today. More baby oil guns, Adjuror and the hug Let's.
Speaker 3: End on the Let's end on the hug.
Speaker 2: Yeah give, Give someone you love or maybe even someone who've been having a problem with a hug today and see how that starts your weekend.
Speaker 3: But thanks for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Everyone, have a great day.