Speaker 1: The best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. Happy weekend, everybody is best bits time. Amy is joining me and we got listener Q and A. We always start with some shout outs. Are you ready to feel shouted out?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, Alyssa and Illinois said, I love the Fifth Thing pod with kat Oh fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then I have some exciting news to share soon. Regarding that.
Speaker 1: Oh but not right now.
Speaker 2: I can't say now, and I'm not trying to be dramatic about it. I just literally can't say yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well coming.
Speaker 2: Back, I do like that I'm able to sort of tease it, but trust me, if I could say, I would, but I am very excited about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, coming soon for you Alyssa specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for you, no question. Amy has been glowing and looks so happy and unburdened lately. That's from Jen.
Speaker 2: Unburdened, just like a feather. Okay, that's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, proud of both of you. Keaton in Montana chatout Keaton, no question. Just want to say hi, from carry in South Dakota. I love you girls. Hi, very exciting choutouts. I guess feel good. Okay, Christina and Virginia would like to know your favorite part of the new studio besides the balcony, because we all love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love the balcony. I like that there's windows. I like the the setup. I'm getting used to it. I think I like how we're all sitting. I think conversations easier.
Speaker 1: I think I've taken on your role of head turning. Sorry about that, so you.
Speaker 2: Probably don't love it as much. But for me, it was a challenge at the other studio, Like I was facing Bobby and then I would want to turn and face you all, and then I had to face Bobby and and now I just see everybody, So that's great.
Speaker 1: Yours in the old studio was much more of a dramatic turn that you had to do.
Speaker 2: Mine and Bobby was on a diagonal. And now at least we're all it's like a it's a it's a you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Before it was like a j yeah, So it was it was much more. Mind's more just I have to kind of like just turn my chair a little bit. I'm like in the middle kind of thing. But I do think it's good as long as you're happy with it.
Speaker 2: No, I love it good.
Speaker 1: I like our little hangout outside of the studio too. We all hang out more now because before we'd have like, there wasn't really a space for us to hang out.
Speaker 2: There was a hallway. Yeah, I mean sometimes we'd end up in the green room, but very.
Speaker 1: Rarely because we'd have guests or people coming through. Now we have like our own little couches that sit outside of the studio or the balcony, and we all get to hang out outside of it, which is hopefully helping our camaraderie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in.
Speaker 1: My head because of the Sabrina Carpenterson. She has one that says camaraderie and outs in my head. What is your most utilized and or favorite natural remedy? Jennifer from North Dakota.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love hot lemon water. I used to do it all the time, and then I stopped and I have recently started back or my doctor and I forgot how much I love it. And it's just an it's a very natural way to drink it first thing in the morning. And by hot, I mean more like warm. It doesn't have to be really really hot, but just you squeeze half of a lemon into a cup and put a little hot water in there, warm water the kettle or whatever, and that's the first thing you have before. I have it before coffee or anything. It's just really good for your liver help with other things. But I feel like it is good for my skin. I just feel better. It's everything flowing.
Speaker 1: The juice is flying, digestion maybe, yeah, it helps.
Speaker 2: With a lot of that. So just a good way to start your day. And I ditched it because I ditched a lot of my stuff when I got into my eating disorder recovery, because I just was so rigid about that. Like you know, I used to go to Haiti with my lemons, like I did not ever leave without lemons. I always had my hot lemon water every morning. It was annoying, and so then I thought, we'll screw this, like you know, I sort of rebelled against it all. And then now I'm in a better place where I can be like, Okay, I can have my hot limon water, but if I don't have it one morning, it's not the end of the world. Which that's where my brain used to be. And now it's like, okay, fine, maybe I do my hotlam and water and then some weeks I don't, or some days I don't. I'm not but so far I've introduced it because the doctor even wants to share it to start doing it because she needs to detox some things. And so I thought, well, I'll join her if she's doing the hot liam and water. And this is stuff that Stashira's got like something going on with like like this metal taste in her mouth. And so the doctor's doing some trial and error stuff, trying to figure out and more natural remedies. I mean, she'll take medicine, I guess if she needs to. This is a doctor that she used to be er doctor, but now she does she's merged Western medicine with Eastern and so we love those doctors so right, And so this was our first time going to one, you know, together, and Sashiro's just had some things she's really been trying to figure out. And I've been really proud of her implementing some of the things that the doctor has suggested, even though you know, the last thing she wants to do at seventeen is drink some hot lemon water in the morning, or eat some green more greens because she doesn't get any vegetables, and so it just for me as a mom, it helped me take a hard look at like what we are consuming and listen. I am like, yeah, we it Chipotle, and like do all the things, like just trying to get by with all the different activities and trying to do dinner. But one of my staples is yes, spaghetti with meat sauce. Okay, there's nothing green. We also love the chicken nuggets and I throw them in the air fryer. Okay, there's nothing green. You know that. My kids love ground meat with rice and okay, yeah, great, there's nothing green. So those are like our staple meal. My kids can be very picky, and so when the doctor was asking okay, I just like that. She even asked like, okay, are how much sugar do you think we're having? Like I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well that's hardy. That's the last thing I could imagine as a parent, where you're like, we're just we're.
Speaker 2: Just getting surviving. I know, we're just trying to feed. Are Yeah, Like I don't know. But it's challenged me to try to think of creative ways of like, Okay, how can I make sure to get some extra fruits and veggies into things and plan ahead. I have to so and I haven't been winning at it every time.
Speaker 1: Not only just like as an individual, but for a family and kids and and they're picky. Yeah, you know, to meal prep something. And meal prepping is also hard because that means you're then consuming it multiple days and you're like, well, they might not like it for multiple days. They might I like it for one and not for every single meal.
Speaker 2: Well that's when sometimes I'm like, well, that's sorry, this is all we have, Like, yeah, I'm not a short order cook. I'm not making everything. But anyway, we'll detoured there rabbit trail. But that's why we're doing the hot lemon water and I'm loving it. And I do think it is a little natural remedy for lots of different little things. If you've never tried it, just give it a go and see the hot feel.
Speaker 1: So maybe I just need to start having hot and in the morning just change it up in the routine. Yep, that's easy. Have you bought any cute jeans recently? What are your favorites Victoria and Missouri.
Speaker 2: I need to buy some new genes. Well, not need, I would like to. I want to buy some new jeans. A Goldie is my go to brand. I really like a Goldie I have, but the pair I'm wearing right now, they're a Goldie, but I have had them for almost four years. We love a quality pair, and they're the high waisted nineties pinch or pinch waste or something that's the one you search for because sometimes people like I don't know which one to search for, because obviously a Goldie has a lot of different ones. But these have been a loyal pair. They have been around. It's just a hood of traveling pants a while. For specifically Amy, I gotta say, yeah, they they're good. Another place I love to look for jeans is Abercrombie.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm Abercombie.
Speaker 2: They're a better price point and they have like a lot of the different you know, dials and shapes.
Speaker 1: I will say, though, and it could be because I'm short and genes can be a challenge. I did go on a kick of Abercommie jeans and I ended up almost selling all of them really because they just didn't fit right. I found Pistola and Page were fitting me a lot better and a lot more high quality.
Speaker 2: I like Pistola page does not fit me. Well see, and it's all it's all body types, right.
Speaker 1: Like. The reason I love Pistol and Page is short is that I don't have to have them himmed like they just fit, whereas Abercrombie would just fit me either too short or too long. There was just really not a little in between.
Speaker 2: Where do you sell stuff on Poshmark.
Speaker 1: Poshmark or I just take it to like a thrift store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I try a consignment shop too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always try and do that before I ever donate anything. I try and sell things just because I feel a little bit better about it of giving it to somebody who can use it instead of it just getting donated. And I don't ever know if it's actually gonna make it, you know, in the donation store or not. So I always try and do that. But that's it. Yeah, that brand is really good. I've looked at a Goldie but I haven't been able to find any yet. But that's again a hype thing.
Speaker 2: It's all short, yeah, yeah, Like you either have to get everything altered or make sure I mean, yeah, you find something that works.
Speaker 1: That all of your greens are always super cute, so they're great.
Speaker 2: This is why you're mostly a goldier Abercrobies, so.
Speaker 1: Hey, we like it and you are right. Abercrombie is a really good price point. What have your kids taught you in life so far?
Speaker 2: Hmm, oh gosh, they have taught me. I know it's a loaded question a lot. I think it's that, like there's more time in the day than I realized. Ah, yeah, because we can if we really put our minds to it, we can all get a lot done. But they've taught me. Yeah, my time like that I want to I guess it's probably something that I learned from somebody else, but it's because my kids, Like if I didn't have them, I don't know who else in my life, like I would make this space war. But it's that you like, always have time for your kids, like if they want to do something with me, or interact with me or talk with me, like I want to make that time. And I know I can get distracted and be on my phone or be like oh no, no, no, not right now. But I've been practicing that, Yes, I have time, because I don't want that to be their memory, Like time goes by so fast, and I can't believe that Stevens since fourteen and is to share seventeen. When they came to America, Stevenson was seven and she was ten. Our seven year Haiti report is due this December. So every year you have to turn over a report to Haiti or wherever you adopted from, most likely, but you go through your adoption agency. And so we just got our email notification that our seven year report is due, and you have to give an update on the kids, what they're doing, what their interests are, their hobbies. You have to attach pictures show all of that, and it's just going by so quickly, and so I think one of the things that's just top of mind for me right now with them is having the time and whatever it is, like, yes, I've got the time, even if I'm tired, I've got the time. And I want them to come and like, come cuddle in my bed with me. Come let's lay around and just watch this. Or you want to go, you know, outside and ride your bike, Like Stevenson loves to ride his bike and he always wants me to go with him. And sometimes it's the last thing I want to do that. I'm like, Okay, yeah, I'm going to go. And it may not be this as long of a bike ride as he would like, but I'm trying to say yes to everything because I just feel like they're going to be gone before I know it. And I could probably answer so many other things, just as like a lot of other parents, like, I feel like our kids teach us so much about ourselves, like my patience and yeah, even my availability. And I know I wasn't like this early on in being their mom, but that's something that's been new and recent of like I need to start saying yes to almost everything they ask me because they're going to be gone. So she even said something to me the other day because she kept going in my room and like taking things without asking, and she was like, you're going to miss this one day. I know you're annoyed right now, but trust me, mom, you're going to miss this. And I was like, yeah, you're too smart for her. Yeah, she's not wrong, I'm going to miss it. She cracked the secret on all of that. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing that. That was special. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back all right, Amy, where do you buy all of your furniture? I love her style of home decor.
Speaker 2: Oh, lots of different places, so I don't have one place.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me a top three that you like that you typically look at. Well.
Speaker 2: My dining room table I found on Facebook marketplace, but it is from CB two, and I love CB two, which is owned by Creighton Barrel.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like the it's like the Pottery kids, Pottery Barn kids of Pottery Barn, right two kids, is it not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why did I got a.
Speaker 2: Dining room table? You think they have the kids dime room table set?
Speaker 1: Listen. I don't know why, but I always thought CB two was like CRLs.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I would how I would describe it, like the slightly cooler sister. Okay, okay, so Create Barrel is still cool and cute, but CB two just has a different edge about it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, mind blows right now that I have I thought, but that was what I could see.
Speaker 2: How you would think that though, CB two because it's like two yeah, like the sort of like Limited two back in the day.
Speaker 1: And they're also owned by Pottery Barns. Like Pottery Barn has part of remund kids, and then I thought, yeah, I'm done whatever. Creton Barrel too.
Speaker 2: I love createon Barrel. I love Crate and Barrel CB two, So those are great places. But I don't sleep on Facebook Marketplace, like I had found some really cute stuff there, ah, but CB two, I would say, if you were to go around my house and we were to add up where things are from the most, it's going to be CB two.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there you go. If you want furniture like aam's house CB two that is not a kid.
Speaker 2: And then some of my other furniture that I just got is from like random places here that are like one off stores, like I don't know wherely where they're pulling or sourcing their stuff from because it's not a brand, like there could be lots of brands inside that store.
Speaker 1: It's like a local furniture store. Those are always because you can see things too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, there's this one place it's called stock in Trade. I don't know. They may have a few throughout the country, but they have big warehouse sales sometimes. So I like to pop in there and you can just find like random things that are cute.
Speaker 1: People doing that on TikTok all the time, like big warehouse sales. I just feel like I'd walk in there and buy things that I don't need. If I go now, maybe you might get it at a really good price. Yes, but I don't need it. You know. It's one of those Okay, have you heard or read the book Signs by Laurel and Jackson. It's apparently relatable to birds as Signs Lisa, you have read it?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have the book, and I can't remember what year I got it. I haven't read the entire thing. If I started it, and it was probably twenty twenty or twenty twenty one. I think that I first got it.
Speaker 1: Was it before this? I don't feel like it was. That would have been like in the middle of you feeling like your parents when.
Speaker 2: I was into birds, Well, my mom passed away in twenty fourteen. She was bird, so she's been the bird for a long time. So this was my dad. He passed away in twenty twenty one. But I have to look. I mean, I'm sure I could look at my Amazon orders, like what year did I.
Speaker 1: Want somebody tell you to order it? Did you do it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's been recommended to me multiple times, it's a really good book.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you believe in like similar signs and stuff, it sounds like this will be a cool book to check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's reminded me I maybe need to go back and try to finish it. I just know that I know I definitely didn't finish it. You probably have so many books that, like, I would think maybe I finished, but then if I really looked at it, did I.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's even if I'm listening to it normally I get all the way through. It's most of the time if i'm reading it, how many of I actually really finished? That's fair because I'll move on to something else. Yeah, and then it'll be on my nightstand and I'll be like, oh, but I started reading this book.
Speaker 1: I wish I was more of a book person. I can't. I haven't been able to get in books.
Speaker 2: I did in a book club. Well you should do a book club. That might get you into it. That don't like reading, Well, but see, I didn't think I did. And when I lived in North Carolina, that's when I got into reading. Or Ben was deployed a lot, and some girls in my neighborhood they were doing a book club, so I joined that, and they were all avid readers, and I started just slowly go into the book club meetings, starting to read some of the books they were reading, and I was like, oh wait, I like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I might need to give another shot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was mature version thirty and so before that I would say, oh, I don't really like reading at all. Okay, so like right about you, you have time, Yeah, okay, go find yourself a book club.
Speaker 1: Okay, that I can do. I think there's a few of them. Are you still following your color palette for clothes and jewelry Emma in Ohio?
Speaker 2: Yes, I would say I have more so incorporated more of the colors like that I used to not even consider, like navy blue. Now I wore like more navy blue things, which I used to always just default to black. But I've invited more black in. I sort of like, oh, I'm not supposed to wear black, but then some things that are black are just so good. Yeah. Now, yes, but she was like, no, you need to do more navy. So I'd say, yes, I'm following it, but more so it's not that I'm avoiding certain colors. I'm just making sure to add in more of the colors that really pop for you. Yeah, yeah, that I yeah, Like I never had purchased anything lilac before. Really I love that color. Yeah, so do what well? I do now it's one of my colors. And then I've learned because of that, it made me purchase a Lilac shirt and I was like, oh, I actually really like this, So that's how. But I'm not like avoiding I'm more introducing the colors. We've meshed the two because in the beginning, I was like trying to be hardcore and then I was like, dang, I really like this black dress.
Speaker 1: You're like getting rid of things.
Speaker 2: I don't actually want to get rid of it that I know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like that. Okay, and the very last one. We did talk a little bit about Halloween on part one, but because Halloween just happened, What has been your favorite Halloween costume you've had this far in you're life?
Speaker 2: See, but that's what I said earlier. It was like, I don't really do Halloween.
Speaker 1: But do you have one that could fit this? This is from Katie.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I cannot think of actually now, even in college, you didn't dress up.
Speaker 2: Not. I mean, I'm sure I did, but I wasn't. Oh, okay, fine, when I was a spice girl in high school my senior year and me and my friends like cause that I remember, and that was a fun night, and me and all my girlfriends we were spice girls.
Speaker 1: See that's a cute one. You did do it maybe just after high school? You were like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but in college we had date parties. I would dress up and do things. I just don't have a specific Halloween memory. I'm sure I did, but it's not like I can recall, Oh, with this boyfriend and we went as this. Halloween has just never been that for me. But I told you, I have them very envious of people that are that way, and I think it's so fun. And like this time you're you pull up Instagram, You're like, oh, look at that cute couple, or look at the thought they put into that. Oh my gosh, that's a homemade costumer. Oh they ordered that.
Speaker 1: It is a lot of effort.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, that's also just not me. So I'm just like, okay, next.
Speaker 1: Never mind, Yeah, what's yours. There was one year when I first have good ones. I just find one. I honestly just find a lot of blondes, and I try and mimic those because those tend to be easiest. But one year, when I first moved to Nashville, we dressed up do you know Xenon the movie Xenon Girl of the twenty first Century. It was a huge Disney movie, like nineties Disney movie or maybe early two thousands, but Xenon, and she was basically she was from like space she lived.
Speaker 2: Was that the thing with do you have the weird things coming out of your head? The stuffed like little antenna things.
Speaker 1: No, that was Maleficent. Oh, I did Maleficent, which is another Disney one. A lot of mine tend to be Disney. But she lives like basically on the little in this universe, they have a basically a bunch of people that live out in space and then they come back to Earth sometimes whatever. So I was Xenon, and we had a Protozoa, and we had all of Xenon's best friends and we were all collectively like my friend made the costumes for us, and we looked identical. And McKitty who works here, who people have probably heard of before. He was our protozoa and he doesn't normally have hair, but he wore a wig that had like the blonde little tips. I mean, we just looked identical to the cast and we I think we won a costume contest that night. We crushed it. So that was a fun year. But yeah, dang, I feel like I need to make you have a Halloween one of these years.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe maybe that.
Speaker 1: Might be my next mission next year. We're a little too delayed.
Speaker 2: We just thought that I'm opposed to dressing up like you know, well you didn't work for the show then, But the time I made everybody on the show dress up as the cast from Hunger Games and film the entire Hunger Games trailer, like we reenacted it word for word, and my sister do it, and my dad was President Snow and my sister was Effie Trinkett and I was Catinus. Of course, it was fun.
Speaker 1: It's just you're not doing them around Halloween or activities around Okay, But I mean I like dressing up and doing like I said, yeah, that's just Halloween something to thing. Okay, well next year, maybe remember this.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna do it start early because I'll ta good ahead of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can do that, all right, we're gonna we're gonna leave it right now. But Amy, thanks for joining me. I'm glad you were here, and we'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social platforms and followed
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.