Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Tuesday, June seventeenth. Testimony is underway as we speak, and the judge is pissed on what is now officially the sixth week, day twenty five of testimony in the Diddy trial. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. We continue to be your one stop every day to get you all caught off on what's happening in the Diddy trial. And rogues once again, before testimony even starts, fireworks are popping off, and it seems like the judge, now, this is some of the strong he's amoonnaged some folks with behavior in the court. This is as strong a language as I've seen come out of the court room.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: He didn't even mince words. He addressed the defense and the prosecution and said someone is lying because he says there was a leak, there was information in an article. We don't know what the news article is specifically, and what the information he was upset about is, but he said this transcript was sealed and there was information that came out in a news report that no one else could have known except for the people who he was looking at. And both the defense and the prosecution denied leaking any information, and so the children, well, you know, and I feel like this happens a lot even in newsrooms.
Speaker 2: Or you start to say, who is the leak?
Speaker 3: Who is going behind closed doors calling in a tip, whether it's true or not, to skew public opinion, or to have an impact on public relations, for whatever your motivation is. We see this all the time.
Speaker 1: Somebody did it.
Speaker 2: Somebody one did it, and they all denied it.
Speaker 1: They all looked in the judge's face and said.
Speaker 2: Denied it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't us.
Speaker 3: So he said, one or more people who were here Friday in this courtroom, and I'm quoting the judge here flagrantly violated this court's orders, a violation.
Speaker 2: Of the court's ceiling order.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just that the court imposed a gag order on the government. The defendant, all the attorneys for the defense, and anyone involved was made accountable.
Speaker 2: Accountable.
Speaker 1: That is like when they say sealed, that's what they actually literally mean. There's information that this group knows. That information is what we know, but then we're putting it in this document. It's going to be closed. Nobody else can know it outside of us unless they open that document. So what happened, Robes, what happened?
Speaker 2: Someone was trying to see a public opinion.
Speaker 1: He is pissed, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what the information is. I'm so curious as to what the information is. But he wasn't just angry. He said that he is going to investigate and whatever happens, he said, he will find out and it could result in civil or criminal contempt charges for all involved.
Speaker 1: That's serious, that is really serious. They're not playing when they say a gag order, when a judge tells you not to open your mouth, they are putting very s. This is a federal court. They sure don't play with this stuff.
Speaker 3: No, no, because this is someone's life is on the line.
Speaker 2: First of all.
Speaker 3: Diddy's life is on the line, is on the line, and the integrity of the court is also hanging in the balance, because if you can't operate, and that's the judge's responsibility, if you can't operate a courtroom that precedes the way it's supposed to, that's fair and protects certain information, then you don't have you know, that's the cornerstone, the foundation in part of our democracy and justice.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is a big deal.
Speaker 1: And it can be the foundation of an appeal.
Speaker 2: Correct, it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: This is serious. So now you've who knows how much money the federal government, I say, federal government taxpayers have spent on this trial, and something like this trips it up. There has to be a mistrial. We have to do all this over. You understand why the judge is that piss He is looking at people. One of y'all lied to me. He doesn't know which one it is, and then you'll lie to me again when I ask which one he gives lining. Yeah, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is It's like a parent to high his children. He said.
Speaker 3: There is no passing the buck anymore. He said this too, the prosecution and the defense. The buck stops with you. If anything happens, lead council is responsible. So if your client did something, or someone on your team did something, don't care. It's the lead council's responsibility. Man.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he was heated in the court this morning. We did get and this is significant. You and I are looking at the calendar. Wait a minute, this this is overwin. Yeah, we are talking about this case possibly being in the hands of the jury as early as this time next week. The prosecution had been telling us for a little while they thought they were going to be done by Wednesday of this week with their case Friday at the latest. But they're holding to right now Wednesday. So as we sit here on Tuesday, Yes, as of this recording, court is going on in the robes. It's weird to think the prosecution could wrap its case tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, correct, and then Thursday is a federal holiday, It's Juneteenth, And so if say the prosecution does wrap up on Wednesday, the defense would begin on Friday. And they said they needed anywhere from two to five days to present their defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they said they're fill laying things out and adjusting some things. But to think that maybe we could see a Friday and a Monday or maybe to Tuesday, the defense putting on its case and then jury instructions and they could be deliberating in a week, in a week after all this, to think it's coming through the end like that feels odd.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's been with us.
Speaker 3: They've been with us, the stories, the jaw dropping testimony has been with us now for several weeks. So it just feels like it's a part of daily life now. So what's gonna happen next No, but you know, this has been basically a made for TV movie, a Netflix series, so to speak, because you can't believe what you're hearing, and it's been that shocking to find out what was happening behind the scenes for decades, even in this world that most of us couldn't even possibly imagine participating it.
Speaker 1: You say, a Netflix series, it's weird to be watching a story that none of us can actually see. We can't be in the courtroom. There is not a camera in a federal courthouse, so we're The way the story is being told leaves a lot to the imagination about gestures and facial expressions and energy and all that in the courtroom. This has been it to have such a watched case that we can't watch so fascinating.
Speaker 3: It's almost like reading a book or listening to an audiobook if you're listening to podcasts or reporters who are covering it. But that's kind of the best way to describe it. So I feel like I have a movie in my mind, and perhaps that's best because I don't know that I actually want to see the accompanying videos that the jurors have been forced to watch. We'll get into that in just a bit, because that's something that will never leave you, so at least it's just my own imagination. Perhaps that's a softer, kinder place. Now we mentioned the jurors during number six was removed, and the defense wanted to know what the judge told the other jurors that was important to them. How he explained to the other jurors why juror number six was removed, because there's, of course it concern that that could prejudice or taint the jury hearing that someone got removed for what reason, And the judge told them.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. Yeah, don't worry about it. He's gone, don't worry about it, don't talk about it. Let's move on. He said. He didn't give him anything. He just said somebody was removed and not give any reasons for it, and told them do not discuss it amongst yourselves. And that's the end of story. So we got forty one year old black mail out was it fifty sixty.
Speaker 3: Seven year old white male architect from Westchester on the jury.
Speaker 1: So today is day twenty five of the case, but it's day one of being without that juror. So he is out of there, so the thing is now rode. So we got one new juror, we could get another new juror. I don't this is where does it sound like it's leaning with this other guy?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: So the issue with the Juror number seven is apparently that this juror and I believe they've used the pronoun he, so it's a male.
Speaker 2: Is accused of or.
Speaker 3: It's reported that he may have discussed the case with a coworker, and somehow that got back to the judge, and so now the judge told the defense and the prosecution that he was going to handle this other issue with Juror number seven at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Today. I still think it's interesting, though.
Speaker 3: Because the jurors were told by the judge that they can't discuss the circumstances around Juror number six. They aren't allowed to discuss it even amongst themselves. But you know, that's got to be eating at them. This is someone who's been sitting with them for weeks and weeks and weeks, and all of a sudden poof.
Speaker 2: He's gone. You know, there are these conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: What did he do better?
Speaker 2: To say?
Speaker 3: How could they not discuss it. That seems really difficult. And now if a second juror goes, it's just it does it has to create a different atmosphere and a different tone within the jurors.
Speaker 2: I wonder how that affects.
Speaker 3: Their just app like overall thoughts about the case and how it's going.
Speaker 1: How could it affect their energy, what flow? Maybe they were all kind of in the same mindset before. Now you got two excuse me, just one right now, but potentially two new people coming into the fray, coming into the room, meeting people, starting to have lunch with them and interact with them. Maybe it throws the whole dynamic off in some way. Who the hell knows, but man, I can't. All of a sudden, there seems like chaos in the jury room. All of a sudden, there's another one that's being brought in. And when this one gets replaced, Now, this is now going to have an impact on the adversity of the jury. That were four white jurors to begin with. Now there's a fifth with the guy from wet Westchester. Right, you take out one more juror, you might end up who knows, But now you're looking you go from having a majority minority jury, so possibly a fifty to fifty split in a matter of a couple of days.
Speaker 2: And that could make a big difference in a case like this.
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, Yes, And what are they going to say, I mean, is I believe we can expect the motion from mistrial. The of course attorneys were saying, of course, there's jury number six guy dismissed. They were going to move for a mistrial if another one goes out.
Speaker 3: My goodness, every day there's something new and something that could potentially make a huge difference in the outcome of this trial. But we did have today Brendan Paul, who is the assistant to Ditty. He took the fifth he got immunity, so he is able to testify because he was the one who was originally arrested on drug charges around the same time that Didty was as well, So those charges have all been dropped.
Speaker 2: And now that he is.
Speaker 3: Actually cooperating with the prosecution in this testimony.
Speaker 1: Is now that y'all are not going to charge me for all this stuff I'm about to tell you all about in open courts. So yeah, and I forgot the process. Yeah, he has to go up on the stand and have to go through a whole process. He has to be sworn in, say I plead the fifth then granted immunity. So he's been up on the stand already this morning, but he's coming back down and the testimony continues now. The lease of Penland is a special agent with the US Attorney's Office. She was testifying yesterday. Continues their testimony today and what the Washington Post, Well, how do they quite dry testimony because they're having to go through all the charts and text messages and hotel receipts. They're just piecing this whole thing together, trying to show everybody that yes, did he was the one in control and funding this whole operation. So that's how they're making the case. So she's connecting the dots, but ropes. As always, some of the details start going out about some of these hotel nights and some of the hotel received charges and a few kind of jumped out at people already that it's talking about.
Speaker 3: Yes, there were some, there was some we've heard these types of charges where there was five hundred dollars damaged to drapes and carpets at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Most likely, I'm going to go with baby oil. That's what we've heard, at least from other hotel room problems. Nine hundred and fifty dollars for deep cleaning at the Herge.
Speaker 2: Hotel, Hermitage Armitage Hotel.
Speaker 3: I know how to say that and then okay, so those are okay, not what any one of us would typically want to see on our hotel bill. But there was a big one from the Inner Continental Hotel from October fifth, twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: There was some penthouse damage to the.
Speaker 3: Tune of forty six thousand, seven hundred and eighty six dollars. What the actual f How could you do that much damage with a sex party. I'm trying to imagine what could cost that much and what.
Speaker 1: Penthouse at a nice hotel. Maybe he's a particular item that was damaged.
Speaker 2: A rug, maybe a really excited you know, maybe.
Speaker 1: That may was a piano in there. Maybe there was. Maybe it was actually something broken, because it's hard to imagine just damage to drapes or.
Speaker 3: Stained chandelier or someone could have been swinging off of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows.
Speaker 1: To add that to the imagery, you know, I'm just.
Speaker 3: But I'm really trying to imagine how you could do almost fifty thousand dollars with the damage in one night or in a couple of nights to a penthouse. I've never heard anything like that in my life.
Speaker 1: The details. Again, we've been listening to this stuff literally now for six weeks. You think you have heard everything about these parties, and some new witness gives you some new detail and you go, what the actual hell all over again now, Robes. The prosecution really is wrapping up now. They have I think three witnesses left after the one that's currently on the stand. Again as of this recording, that person is still on the stand, but they have three to go. Brendan Paul we mentioned his assistant, another summary witness, and then another law enforcement agent. And that's going to be it to think that after all this and all all the investigation and all the raids and all the arrests and all the videos we saw of him being taken away in September, that we get to this moment that the prosecution says, Yep, that's our case.
Speaker 3: We rest Yeah, And I mean they have gone through they have been a very very thorough in terms of presenting evidence to the jury, yesterday.
Speaker 2: This was a big deal.
Speaker 3: For the first time, the jury was shown actual video of some of those freak offs, those sex parties, those hotel parties. Previously, they'd only seen still images and they heard audio of the encounters. But on Monday, they were shown three videos, and a couple of them were just like two minutes long, but there was one that was forty minutes long, and some of the courtroom reporters were describing the juror's facial expressions. It was uncomfortable, was what I heard, or at least read that. Some reporters said that they could see discomfort. And the point was the execution was trying to show coercion. That these were videos of Cassie and tour Fine in some of these sex videos, in the sex video, and they you know, obviously we don't know what the videos were. I don't want to imagine, but apparently it was they thought it was obvious that she was not enjoying herself, so there was discomfort, and then the jurors had to see that and take that in and again that's just something you can't unsee. I can't imagine what that was like. And everyone was wearing headphones, so the audio was not being played out in the courtroom for everyone to hear, and after.
Speaker 1: That, we don't have a good handle on how many folks the defense is planning to call. I think only one place they wanted to call the the like the Bad Boys Enterprises human resources person to the stand in defensive Diddy. So it is all going to continue to be fascinate.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: There were also reports that possibly the defense may call Don Richard back up to the stand, but that seems so interesting because they already Frost examined her. But that is out there too that that may be someone who they are looking to call to the stand. Another bit of information I read was several high profile celebrities.
Speaker 2: Who believe that they could possibly be.
Speaker 3: Called by the defense are lawyering up to make sure they're prepared just in case their names are called to the stand in defense of Diddy. So we shall see if there are any big name celebrities who end up taking the stand. But I guess at this point anything's possible, but they can't.
Speaker 1: They said, you know what, this is why they they that's a big gap. We're going to be done in two days or we're going to be done in five. That's a big difference. I think they maybe they are leaving some room for filling in some gaps and still are filling in their witness list. But this thing is wrapping up, folks, and as crazy as it sounds, but the prosecution could rest as early as tomorrow. But we will be here and we will continue to be bringing you the latest one stop shop, as you say, robes and collecting all this We thanks to the Washington Post, the CNN reporter in the room, who else is in the room? USA? Today, we've been.
Speaker 2: Using NBC News.
Speaker 3: We've seen all the main outlets have a reporter in there, and so we've been checking all of the websites because each reporter has a very different vantage point, takes in different details. So we've been absorbing it all and then giving you hopefully the best of the best. So we appreciate you checking in with us and listening to us, and please stay tuned because we will continue to keep you updated on everything.
Speaker 2: On the Diddy trial.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, though, hope you all have a wonderful day to day