Speaker 1: The Conference Finals are here, and while the participants may not be what everyone anticipated, although I am glad for a few people that are there, we are in storble what will likely be two great matchups with the Knicks and Acers in the Eastern Conference and the thunder.
Speaker 2: Taking on the te Wolves out in the West. We'll get into the matchups and potential X factors to each series with Ihearts Travann Edwards on today's episode, I'm Miles Gray and I'm Jabari du Sana Jet and this is Miles A Jabari.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah today, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Three gay looks okay, driving spinning.
Speaker 2: Numbers. That's got secure est host of Iheart's Ghosts Greatest of their Era NBA podcast alongside Seth Curry Stray Edwards, thank you for joining us on Miles Bad Boostie's.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me hellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, How are you feeling just so far we've the postseason? How have you been liking the action up to this point now that we're at the Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: I mean it's been good. I haven't got a chance. I mean I've been watching, but I was in the process of moving. Ironically, I moved from New York to Indianapolis. So wow, okay, kind of crazy. Yeah, I mean that they will be facing off, you know, tomorrow, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a good series.
Speaker 3: I mean the energy is there in both cities and you know, Minnesota and okay, so he should be a good win as well, right, So I know, I'm just really excited to see. But all for these teams were off and they said, like the first time in twenty five years the conference final has been especially on the West Coast outside of California Tech, So so interesting.
Speaker 2: Stat who is I mean, did you have a team going into the postseason.
Speaker 3: I let the listeners pick before the season, and they chose to Orlando Magic sorrow with.
Speaker 4: Them this season.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not sure we'll continue that, but yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Okay, so you really did the Obie topping. You just said, I'm leaving New York and I'm going to Indianapolis. This is this is me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it wasn't my choice. That's my job.
Speaker 3: Is sure, for sure, it's one of the situations. But he's really calm, man like.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, it seems it seems like a good time see and all the all the Pacers fans I know are good people, so I'm not mad. Although look, as a Laker fan and Celtics hater, I've put all my emotional investment into the Knicks and that's been paying off. So thank you, thank you to the New York Knickerbockers. So yeah, this is gonna be the seventh straight new champion. Now, just with these four teams that are left. Man, what happened to the good old days? You know, when we're at the top of the pile all the time.
Speaker 3: Moves Man, It just also just stakes and shows how difficult it is to go.
Speaker 4: Back to back. Yeah, I mean they're a new CBA and.
Speaker 3: And all those things, like you really have to narrow in and make the right choices, man, when you you know, when you're trying to build a team, there's gonna be something.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of people getting moved.
Speaker 3: This June, man, because of you know, a lot of teams gonna trying to stand in the luxury tax, trying to dump certain contracts. Like I don't see Boston being the same. I don't see Phoenix being the same. I don't see you know, Houston being the same. The list goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like excited though too, like especially because the Dynasty era was just like, Okay, great, Dunky's gonna get another ring, Okay, find the Lakers get it, like whatever. That Now I'm like, Okay, Shaye might get Shae might get their ring this year. And it could be Jalen Brunson, it could be Tyres. I like all now, I'm like just in a way, I'm like, I'm glad one of y'all is gonna get your ring this year. And I feel like this is a great moment, especially for this younger crop of players that are you know, going to take over new fan.
Speaker 3: Bases, winning create annoying fan bases, you know what I mean. Like, I remember being around the Warriors. Marcus Williams was a point guard for the Warriors at one time, and they were really bad. They were giving away tickets at this point, but the work was still still popping. And you know this is after we believe years and then they draft his deph the following year and they still weren't great.
Speaker 4: And then when they won.
Speaker 3: The first one, then it just it just kept you know, it got very arrogant. Oh yeah, and then now they're they're one of their top five annoying fan bases, But I like it, man. I think that comes with the territories is earned for having down years. You have a ton of down years. So if the Knicks win it, I don't think that city's gonna exist.
Speaker 5: That's exactly where I was gonna go with it. Like we know, we know Knicks fans are Knicks fans. But of the four that are out there, which one goes craziest if they win this year?
Speaker 4: Nixt easy? Yeah, yeah, easy by far. Look what they're doing and just regular playoff series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly after a win, not even like a winning a series, like, yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: A fifty year gap, so like they can accomplish that, which is kind of weird and funny, like it'll be a storybook.
Speaker 4: I'll leave New York and then they actually win. Not saying that I was the person to make them bad, but you know I have.
Speaker 3: I have been there when they actually acquired and made the playoffs, Like they got back to the playoffs while I was there, So I'll take credit for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah you should, you should. You should betting favorite right now? Who's the betting favorite going up? The four teams under Thunder?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it thunder or or minus one eighty knicks or plus four seventy five, then come to Wolves at plus six fifty, followed by the Pacers at plus seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Man well uh nixt Pacers kicks off Wednesday night at MSG. They were the two and one against the Pacers during the season. I mean, this is this is gonna be something. I mean, they they they they can score. This is going Deers, You're going to be high scoring affairs. Uh Trey, Where like where are you at when you look at sort of these teams and what we expect from like the Stars, who needs to step up adjustments, et cetera? What are you kind of how do you how are you using the viewing this matchup?
Speaker 4: I think it's a fair game, man.
Speaker 3: Always there's always expectations, but I'm always paying attention to the X factor, Right, who's going to step in and make shots? And similar to last year last year's finals, PJ. Washington couldn't make a shot, saved his life and you know the series before you could miss, So you know those things decide man to make her mis league and you have a good game or you have a bad.
Speaker 4: Game to decide.
Speaker 3: So I see the guys like Dante DiVincenzo and Nicholas Alexander Walker and you know, the Isaiah Joes of the world and the Jalen Williams and those guys stepping in and doing big you know what I mean, the Jayalen mcdames having them type of games to just go out and do the thing for og Ablanobia and you know, uh bridges, you know, like just different guys that are third, fourth option that aren't really heavily relied on the offensive scoring it to actually win them a game and possibly win a.
Speaker 5: Series whenever it comes to playoff ball, like you know, sometimes people agree, but I've been looked at sideways with this. But for the most part, you know, outside of a stinker, you know where you're gonna get from the from the starts. I do think that a series, like you know, beyond you know, just individual games, but I think a series changes based on that supporting cast. Of those two supporting casts in the Eastern Conference, which which you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 4: With, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, the popular pick obviously is the Knicks man they have a little bit more more likable.
Speaker 4: A lot of Bandwagon fans have popped up.
Speaker 3: I think the Paces deep yea, the deep dude, And I think a lot of people are just not really paying them no mind. They're a really good team and world coach, world disciplined, and you got Mattherin, you got you know, just certain guys that is coming in, you know what I mean, Like that's come in.
Speaker 4: And just be affected.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: They're tough, they're scrappy. So I think it's gonna be a real physical series. I like the Pacers.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we got a seven gamer out of them last season. I'd be happy with another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah for real, for real. Uh but yeah, the Knicks fan man, just the I was just saying this about like with the La New York base like World series, how like it kind of felt like there was like a hip hop rivalry going on because we had Cube come out and then they have Fat Joe come out and do a real tired ass performance. But now you realize that the team that really embodies hip hop in New York is actually the Knicks, you know what I mean? And like I've just that that clip of Raykwan and ghost Face rapping in Madison Square Ground. I was like, I was like levitated as it's like a hip hop fan who like loves that golden era of New York rap and just loving like what the Knicks represent for the NBA. I was like, yeah, yeah, this is this is this is it right here.
Speaker 5: I expected you to come in with your New York jersey all to day.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately that was a casualty of the fire. I'm like, you're like, none of those jerseys exist anymore. Thanks for that, Jabbari, Mitchell and Nest. If you'd like to replenish my jersey stock, hit me up. Please feel free. As a jersey lover who lost everything, you know, I would appreciate it. All right, Well, let's take a break, we'll come back. Let's head out west to talk Wolves in Oklahoma City. Right, and we're back Western Conference kicking off actually as we record by moments from now in Oklahoma City. Man, this is what I think again, I have a Western Conference bias as a fan who lives on the West Coast and mostly is watching Western Conference basketball. This one is very, very exciting to me, especially just given how these the momentum both teams are bringing into this series. During the regular season, they split the four games they played against each other, So this is this feels very, very very close. And I mean, look again, they're both on the precipice of some somewhat history. I mean, the Thunder they haven't been to the finals in thirteen years. Minnesota has never been to the finals, So there's definitely added benefit. I just saw an old interview with Shay Gil just Alexander, Like this was like maybe three years ago when he just signed that five year extension and they were like won twenty four games that season. He's like, nah, I really believe we're about to win, Like I'm not tripping about this extension, Like this is you're gonna see, You're gonna see, and you're like, wow, Okay, he knew, he knew, and he's delivering. Now.
Speaker 5: It doesn't hurt when Presty hits on just about all those picks like here, they weren't necessarily the high pitch.
Speaker 4: But oh no, I'm not into that man. Until they finished the job, I'm not I'm not into it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: That's like, that's like bragging about DS sneakers that you have before want to crumble. I don't care about seventh grader in twenty forty.
Speaker 5: Like, no, no, what, But I'm not saying stacking them up. But I'm saying, like, in terms of teams, do they draft because because what look because while as a Lakers fan, as an unabashed Lakers fan, I would love to have had some of that death. I would love to have had some of.
Speaker 4: Those Would you trade the twenty twenty ring game for that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, I would not.
Speaker 4: Here, man, parents, I'm about right now.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about the future.
Speaker 4: They don't win the title, it doesn't matter, don't even.
Speaker 2: Matter we're doing that. Nico Harrison is like, I'm not thinking about now. I'm thinking about four to eight years from now where we will not be winning now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Now this also, I didn't realize Nikhil alexand under Walker and Shae Gill just Alexander Cousins yea, I okay, yeah, that just hit me because I just saw that storyline. But y'all yeah, I mean it's just it's interesting, man.
Speaker 4: We don't need to drag out I look at it in this situation.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is this is ain't gonna shoot Will and Shake gonna shoot Will right? Are they gonna Are they gonna put on a show for us? Or is it gonna be some trash talk? Is it gonna be some physicality?
Speaker 4: Is the game? It's gonna be close. Come on, that's it. I already have it. Who has the best franchise fans? You know what I mean? Like, come on, man, I really want to see both teams play hard. So distilling it.
Speaker 2: So distilling it down to its essence the sauce. What now you're looking at these two teams. You just saw okay See come off a full seven games against the Nuggets. Obviously everyone's like, man, I mean the defense, but minnesot how are they gonna contend with okay Ce's defense? And then like, hows Shaye gonna this is probably one of the more intense defense and shades faced where do you? How do you see? What's your? How you seen it all shape?
Speaker 4: But I mean, I ain't gonna make no predictions. I think it's just all about shots made.
Speaker 2: Man make a prediction, though, make a prediction, TRP.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think okay See he's really good. But I would like to see the Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Timb Wolves for ant because I just know what and it's more just someone a selling point for me, just entertaining. I think Shae is very good and I think he's he's a he's my favorite basketball player right now. But from an entertainment standpoint, I want to see what would do in the finals. Like I feel like Shaye's a better team captain, a very team guy to get everybody involved, and they're gonna win as a team. And Edwards it was ant time. It's a crazy third, it's a crazy four. The back against the wall. Did he actually show up or did he just shrink in this moment? Like I want to be able to critique him at the biggest stage and not like a drift like last year was like, well that was his year to win it.
Speaker 4: All right, but he fell short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not talking about you no more than bro, Like we only talking about the people who make it to the.
Speaker 4: Get to play in June, right right right, because now he excuse to say, oh he needs oh, he needs this and that.
Speaker 3: Like he shot terrible for a while and Julius Randall was saving him, right, so you know what I mean, he can't have him games.
Speaker 4: But also okay, so he's gonna be ready and they're gonna defend like crazy, They're gonna shoot the ball like crazy, They're gonna be all over I'm still waiting on chick homegroom to play, like have a great game. Yeah, God, he ain't had it yet, so.
Speaker 2: He's been a pedestrians.
Speaker 4: It's just a lot for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's thinking about this just matchup to just looking at the like Anthony Caruso of it all. I'm really trying to Alex Chris I was were talking about too many ants, just the Alex Caruso of it all. Watching those adjustments like in game seven when I'm like, dude, this guy, why is he boying yo kids up? Like this? He is coming at him with just the tenacity.
Speaker 3: He was hacking down there. He was, Oh yeah, I mean there's a thing, right, there's a thing that fans.
Speaker 4: Love to do, this, this thing of like oh, you know, like he could defend anybody like you know, like not defended. He definitely there's an advantage that you can has a smaller defender below, get to grab, you get to slap at the guy, You get to do those things that normally, if it's easily matched up and.
Speaker 3: There's a bigger guy and beery guy, you're not gonna be able to do you following out, and in that particular situation, you.
Speaker 4: Got to beat that guy up. Y'all low, but he did do a good job.
Speaker 2: It was wild just to see how they were started reading each other though, too, Like how Yoka could be like, you think I'm about to just just hit somebody, like driving into the paint, and then you'd see Caruso adjusting. He's like, no, all right, caught you there. I'm going the other way now. I just the chess match of it was really fun to watch because at that point I'm like, we're like the basketball IQs like that are on display in those moments were really as a neutral, I was like, this is really fun to watch, and also just my affinity for ac obviously, I'm just you know, I like to see him do well.
Speaker 5: To that point. What do you think about the physicality that they permitted this postseason. I mean, it feels like in the second half of the regular season they started letting him more and then ramped it up. Do you feel like it's been a bit of an equalizer.
Speaker 4: Kind of kind of? I mean, I think it's games man. It is kind of like Enforcenate man.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it kind of resulted in the injury of Aaron Gordon and whatnot. But this is you know how it's been thirsty. Man, I think it get dragged us out. They're trying to fill all these games all.
Speaker 4: In and once.
Speaker 3: Most people can't keep up. We got so much other stuff going on outside our lives. But I don't know, It's been the best Playoffs series I've seen in a while, probably since my childhood. So I'm excited about all of it. And then also being of age and being socially active online knowing people that are possibly rooting for these you know, these teams, it just makes it even more great to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, especially in the pre social media days, it's like I don't even I don't know one fan of this team because of where I live. Whose bench are you more excited for?
Speaker 4: Indy?
Speaker 3: Indy got a good bench. Indy got a good bench in Minnesota, got a good bench. I think that are like getting that shit to go like how you want it to go, you know what I mean, like fun that can really contribute and have guys break out like that's that's.
Speaker 4: The ones, you know what I mean. But right, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 3: Everything sounds good on paper right until they have to match up. That's what threw the regular season matchups out? Zero zero checkball?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: All right, I know, I know you said you didn't want to make any predictions, but I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you either way when it's all said and done, after these conference finals, who what's our finals matchup?
Speaker 4: Don't hate me Minnesota Indiana?
Speaker 5: Oh hey, I would not hate that at all. I know, I know the like the general conversation about oh, like or are people gonna watch? Look good?
Speaker 2: Best you're gonna watch.
Speaker 5: So if those guys are out there hooping, people will watch.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like Knicks fans will come off this suddenly like no one in New York is watching, but yeah, there's I mean, it's it's also just wild to see how even like all the players that move between like New York Minnesota, like they're all still in contention too. I'm like, then worked off for everybody in this postseason. But anyway, I think right now, I'm thinking I feel like, Okac may just squeak out of there, and I'm thinking, okay, Ce Nicks. That's for my fan heart, nothing to do with anything rational, just that's what just that's what I'm feeling. But However, as somebody who Anthony Edwards is my favorite player that does not play on the Lakers, and even though he did a victory lap around Crypto like he owned the plays, I wasn't mad at that. I said, you know what, young man, you do that that's part of your myth building and I think him part of me though too. I would love a championship for Anthony Edwards to really see like, Okay, now you've got the ring, let's really come into this role that a lot of us see you potentially feeling. And I feel like, yeah, just he just needs that, just that statistical thing to happen for him to really unlock it all. But I feel like it's gonna be a wild series either way, Jabi, what about you?
Speaker 5: And this is the one where I'm sorry. My head tells me it's going to be Indiana and okay, see which again, I would watch it and be fine with it. My heart, my heart wants, my heart, my heart on, iHeart wants, MFG, give me that, give me a seven game series of the Knicks and the Timberwolves, and I'm here for.
Speaker 2: A victory lap. You would not be taking Edwards, I don't think so. I don't think just because I think you're smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his biggest storyline would be the trade.
Speaker 5: Yeah mm hmmmm hm.
Speaker 3: Can't turning back to the exactly teams better? Yeah, I never knew what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just you just that's the able.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of Nicks in this uh in this conference finals if you wanted to be cheesy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, yeah, yeah, they're they're all there, They're all there, The gang's all here.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Knicks had something, uh.
Speaker 2: The greatest of their era. Yes, sir, go put us on, you know, like tell us about the show a little bit, uh, and and and kind of like how what's it been like just covering this with seth and and and doing a show about you know, just these specific eras in the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean we just got tired of preparing eras such a lazy narrative of like, oh, Yannie could score two and fifty in the seventies, Like sure, right, doing man, Like, there's it's not realistic combos. You being disrespectful to the greats. The people opened the doors before you.
Speaker 2: They're like you say, Bolt would have been fashioned than Jesse Owens, And you're like okay, sure, like and what's your point?
Speaker 4: Completely different just in just different scenarios.
Speaker 3: We just felt like it was good to educate our listeners and also just you know, turn the clock back and and sit in a moment of the era that we specifically speak on, you know what I mean, Like we have an upcoming episode coming out Great A's of their era ninety shooting Guards excluding.
Speaker 4: Michael Jordan, So it makes it a little different. Yeah, you know what I mean. Obviously that's the answer.
Speaker 3: We know, but we're featuring Deal Curry and Del Curry gets a telling from his perspective, So yeah, just being able to reflect on those types of things and and and speak on criteria. And one thing that people won't or won't catch on the first listen is that I stop at the line every time I didn't play.
Speaker 4: In the NBA. I played collegiate and I played a little overseas in high school.
Speaker 3: So when we start talking about NBA stuff, that's where I get off the get off the car and I let the pros talk. So I guess you know, we had Grant Williams on previously on the episode, and it got to a.
Speaker 4: Point where you know we had him on. He won me over. He won me over.
Speaker 3: He's such a smart defenders, great guy and understood, like he broke down why he defends guy certain ways, you know, how a game is won for a defender. And it just was a great breakdown in the criteria of what it takes to be a defensive player. And we had some controversial takes about like Rudy Gobert not being one of the greatest, you know what I mean, because it can't defend on the perimeter does change the outcome of the paint. But it worked in his favor in certain eras, you know what I mean. He was born in the right era for him to succeed in those defensive things. And now we're watching it currently in these these these current series and you're not doing so great right from the success he's received when he was in Utah and things of that nature. So yeah, man, it's just it's it's really fun and Seth you know, he's great. He feels back the layers of the you sharing different stories of what may happen, and it's really cool man, you know, like just being able to reflect and talk about certain things, you know what I mean. My controversial take was if Iverson came out I'll visit or how how.
Speaker 4: Much would he be loved? I don't know if he's that love, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Although he won MVP, you know, like the shooting percentage was terrible, you know what I mean? And he you know, like, would he be guys praised for being a high volume shooter.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, by today's fans. I don't think they.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I don't think so, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: As many tattoos everybody has too.
Speaker 3: I think it's popularity overshadows this game more than anything, you know what I mean When you talk about the best shooting guards and he kind of slowly trickles down the ladder because there's a lot of guys that had like consistency.
Speaker 2: But was that something you was that something you felt about Ai when he was in the league, or that's something that kind of came to No.
Speaker 3: I think it's like watching Celtic Pride in twenty twenty five and trying to be like, yo, this is a bad movie, you know what I mean, Or watching something that just the graphics weren't there's some there it's unfair to like, really, yeah, to judge it from what it was in real time because we didn't care about that. Michael Jordan shot seventeen percent from the three, you know what I mean in that finals where the flu game, right, and it was like, but he had thirty eight and eighty two percent from the field. So it's like, what is our priorities and what we care about? Do we do in a game or not?
Speaker 4: Are we caring about like and now we'd be like they won a game, but he was six for twenty five.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, we focus so much on field goals, so right, and we can abandon that analytics won the long game exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's like a player? Like I'm guessing like your golden era maybe the late nineties, nineties era to like early two thousands. Yeah, what's Yeah, there was there like who's like a player that you were kind of like you realize You're like, man, I totally slept on this, dude. How did I you know, like just in doing the show or who's someone that surprised you that you kind of realized You're like, you know what I did?
Speaker 3: Not? I mean over research and I think over time I really been give up a lot for Touro Brandon. We talked a lot about Kitty Anderson. We hadn upcoming episode with Creig Hodges and Muhammad Abduro.
Speaker 4: But I mean they they've they've got they've they've got their their flowers lately, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it's certain guys that we just mentioned, you know what I mean, Like you don't know how good of how strong Joe du Mars was, you know what i mean, Like from a personal standpoint, it's different, you know what I mean, from like just watching it, you can't.
Speaker 4: Those are the things that only players can tell you, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know you close your eyes and you're like, Okay, now I'm in the game, and now I'm trying to get past Joe du Mars.
Speaker 4: And he's he's top, he's top.
Speaker 3: Throng hi about I'm from, you know, like strong legs where you can't move him. He's guarding the six seven micros I mean six six Michael Jordans et Cetera or Clyde Director and all these other guys. And I can guard a six point point guard, you know, because he's strong and he moving the guys. So you know, those are the things that you know, you think about the scores and how good they were. Man, it's just just a different thing. And you know, Steph was our first guess. He broke down the shooters about like being.
Speaker 2: And that's that's Steph Cray. Yeah, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Top lock, top locked, guarden, you know what I mean. Your Scotland report, how how are they gardener?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Breaking down the eyes of a shooter and who they respect. That's that meets the criteria, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Kyle Korver was one of the guys that they highly respected, which wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh man, Kyle Corver, you know what I mean, Like that's the film that they will watch, you know what I mean? And Seth breaking down how much of Jason Terry he watched, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: There's certain certain players that.
Speaker 3: You just you just don't ever look at in that aspect because maybe they're later in their careers, they're a little banged up, but they mean something to somebody else and they play a huge role in their development of the next year.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie to you. Having watched and appreciated, you know, like mood. Part of me feels like a guy like Steph had to if we've been watching him when he was growing up, had that he had to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they were more into their guys were Reggie Miller and Steve Nash Okay, you know, they were huge into the fifty forty ninety club. And then their dad's kind of like, you know, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, they got into it. He explained a little bit in the episodes.
Speaker 3: That's how about how Kevin Johnson broke his dads knows, but then also how his aunties didn't.
Speaker 4: Like Reggie Miller, you know what I mean, because like they would get into it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's always interesting and Dale talks about life before, you know, getting ready. He didn't know that he would go to the NBA and that he played one game with three point line in college. You do know what I'm saying, somebody, when you really think about those type of things of like, oh, my point per game went up because I achieved the three.
Speaker 4: I already shot deep long jews, so the idea now I'm getting three points for.
Speaker 3: These Oh I got a chance. And then seeing guys that he played against they did pretty farewell with against go to the NBA, he was like, oh, I got my shot and it wasn't a lot.
Speaker 4: Of three point shooters. Three point shooters were.
Speaker 3: Basically like kickers, you know what I mean, Like he said, coming on, eventually be able to shoot three threes, that's.
Speaker 4: It five on a good day. So think about him being allowed to shoot ten right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the beauty of these conversations on vote. You know what I mean, he do turculu being born in the rong era coming out of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Five, You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like what do in today's league?
Speaker 3: You know, you get to talk about the roy you know, the Rodney Rogers and Danny Mannings and you know the Ron Harper's getting Ron Harper's flowers, you know what I mean? How good of a shooting guard he was before he switched to being point guard and being a.
Speaker 4: Lockdown defender with Chicago. So in LA. But that's the beauty of Goat.
Speaker 3: There's so many different topics, there's so many different competitions, and and then there's a part one to part two, part three depending on the guests who gets to defend you know what I mean. We may have a James Worthy coming on soon, so get a chance to talk about the eighties.
Speaker 4: And then you know, just different things like that. So man, it's been a fun ride.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I think we're almost at twenty episodes.
Speaker 2: So amazing, we're moving well. Congrats on the show. Go to the greatest of their era, Go to gote. Okay, please find it everywhere our podcast exactly. Subscribe. Make sure you don't sleep on that one. We're gonna take a break. We'll come right back, and it's not for the fourth quarter rapid fire round of question right after this and we're back. Trey Edwards has been great having you, but now is the time for the fourth quarter rapid fire a round of question. We're just gonna ask you a question. You react, you respond, don't think too much, just give your internal your instinct on it, which so far you've been pretty good at. But got to keep just quick, quick, quick, quick, quick, and if you go slow, we'll be rude to you, okay, because we have to ma taint our title fastest qu I'm good, Yeah you were, and you were pretty good, you know, but we'll see this time, we'll see this go a head. Okay, all right, so I'm guessing you're ready yep, Brian, start the clock, all right, Uh, you want to go first, you want me to go first?
Speaker 5: You got it, all right?
Speaker 2: I got first question Tray someone that knows about ranking, and you know, goats, where does Jalen Brunson ascend too? And the greatest Knicks ever conversation if the Knicks wind up winning.
Speaker 4: The whole thing? Two? No, three, okay, it's the top three then.
Speaker 3: And Clive firstman my Fraser one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but right.
Speaker 4: Now three, that's real?
Speaker 5: Where's where's mellow in that conversation?
Speaker 4: I know it was just bottom ten? Okay, because it's like King.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, what about l U huh Eli Jay, Larry Johnson he's hurt? Yeah, the latter day.
Speaker 4: You know he memorable play. Yeah, he did things worse Charlotte than anything.
Speaker 2: That's true. And I think this is just like the most memorable thing we were all doing on the court is kids?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: All right? Well that that sounds like a right answer.
Speaker 5: But obviously we still have a great deal of respect for what Lebron Stephen kd continue to do with their age. But it's clear that you know, we've had an official change into the guard. Who are the faces of the league moving forward?
Speaker 4: I don't think there is no facebo league trick question.
Speaker 3: I just think that is however you want it to be, whoever you're leaning towards. I mean, I think this league is super talented and whoever wants to put the marketing dollars into it. But I think right now, it's just if Jason Russell wins, the Champions should be be the face league on some.
Speaker 4: Weird stuff which shouldn't be. But you lean towards the winners, right right, right?
Speaker 2: And if it and if the Wolves win? You said, what if the Wolves win? Is becaming? I mean, although he also says he's like, man, I'm not trying to be the fix.
Speaker 3: I mean, because it just comes with the you know, Yeah, I think it's more of the easier answer. Right, everybody wants money but don't want the thing that comes with it. Yeah, obviously it's a machine. Monte Ellis came out and bought and said, Hey, I just want to hoop. I don't want to do the other things. So if I became an All Star, I got to go at this, that and the third. Yeah, you want to be All Star, but you don't want to do the extra media. You don't want to have a sneaker deal, you don't want to do all this other stuff, just obligations that take you away from things that happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was enough money, So that's true. The answer to ninety nine out of one hundred questions is money. Uh, Trey, last question and hopefully your fastest answers. I'm going to say, a player, you give me your prediction on where the following player will be next season. Okay, from the top, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Top five, he'll be in a Milwaukee Zion. Top fifteen, he'll be Adore with John Rant.
Speaker 3: Top twenty, he'll be in Memphis Kevin Grant.
Speaker 4: Top ten, He'll be in Phoenix until February.
Speaker 2: Oh, intriguing. And what about Braun?
Speaker 3: Top ten, He'll be in La m No movement, no movement, not not now.
Speaker 5: Not now?
Speaker 2: Huh Okay, okay, I'm honestly.
Speaker 3: Doing a great play in the game and flirting here options right, He'll stay. He's just trying to put pressure on the front office. I don't they don't have much to really navigate.
Speaker 2: But well, and also they I mean, if you're in Milwaukee, you can do everything you can to keep no.
Speaker 5: Matter what it is, under contract for another couple of years too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, those are all the right answers, Trey, And unfortunately I wasn't able to be rude.
Speaker 4: To you because you're pretty good at this.
Speaker 2: Admittedly, yeah, I know, it turns out. It turns out. Thank you so much for joining us on Miles and Jabbari got mad Booti's where do the people find you? Follow you, embrace your work and obviously they can find you on greatest of their era, But where else can they find you?
Speaker 3: Tremon on x slash Twitter at Trey on Instagram at t r a Y. From a podcast perspective, if you can find me on Hoopsin's and Componda's network, and then you also can find me on you Go from our Heart Week where all podcasts are stree.
Speaker 2: They are, They're all here, They're all here, They're all here. Jabari, where can they find you?
Speaker 3: Ex?
Speaker 5: Twitter? Whatever you want to follow it up? Sir up on Twitter, JAFORI A. Davis, Same thing on BLUs.
Speaker 2: Guy find me everywhere at Miles of Ray if they got add symples out there. Also follow the hatshtag Matt Boosti's ba O S t I E s for show links and updates and that's what you can find. The link to the discord, all that mad boostys that is going to do it for us this week when you are one step closer heading to the finals and crowning and champion. We'll be back with all that action when we see you next week.
Speaker 4: By you should you should exam