Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro a deep dive on one player in just five to ten minutes. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 2: Fantasy Football Weekly Micro Edition. It's here. I'm Paul Chargi, and my co host, as usual for these, is Tyler Knable.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello at PPR. Tyler not Taylor.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't get that.
Speaker 2: You don't get that.
Speaker 3: People mix that up a lot, not really a lot. Some of my friends will call me Taylor just a bug you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we have like some some like girl names for like guys like you. Just we call one of my friends, uh, Eric, We call him like Erica or something like that.
Speaker 3: Some of those call him Derek just like some some of that rhymes with your name. It's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I want to be in your friend group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would want to be in there. Honestly, I won't even join your Discord server, so take that. I'm not even on Discord.
Speaker 2: So wow, that's I thought everybody was on Discord.
Speaker 3: No, I just I can't get into it, you know.
Speaker 2: Like you know my daughter. That's that's how they talk. They don't they don't text, they don't, you know, it's all just a discord. That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't do anything through discorder. I just I'm all eye message pretty much.
Speaker 4: That's like my only form or like a someone will put like a funny video on like an Instagram group chat.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty much it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, if at any point I look distracted, it's because over your shoulder, I think I've now got sparrows building a nest under one of my eves. And that's a big problem. You do not want that.
Speaker 3: Let's throw sparrows.
Speaker 2: They're fine anywhere else. They just not hear not. I don't barn swallows. It's the barn swallow, not the sparrow. Think I got barns a bird and they go they build their nest under an eve, and then it's poop everywhere. You don't want it on your house, near your house. This is what trees are for. Go into the tree. The tree wants the natural fertilizer. My deck does not need the natural fertilizer. Yeah, so I will keep I will keep everybody very very a praise to the situation. And this is this is a development is happening right now, and I'm very nervous about this.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Once they start building the nest, you got to undo that. You can't let them like get it in their head like that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do you.
Speaker 4: Go through take taking care of one of those. Do you have to like hire somebody or can you just like.
Speaker 3: That? Oh?
Speaker 2: Thankfully No, this, the barn swallow nest is not like an endangered thing yet, fortunately, so I can just go take it down and go build it somewhere else. But I don't want them to build the nest and have eggs in it. I don't want to be the guy that tears down the egg laiden nest. So I got to get.
Speaker 3: At it soon. Yeah, I know you're doing after the show.
Speaker 2: It is what I'm doing after the show, immediately after the show, and to go check this out and make sure they're not starting that process.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: And apparently there's some sticky goop you can put down that will dissuade them from nesting there. But then I got sticky goop on my house. I don't want that.
Speaker 3: You don't want that. Well, speaking of birds, we got haul Brown talking about that. That's right, Cardinal.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have we have cardinals in the backyard too, I'd rather have Cardinals Hollywood. Brown becomes a fascinating study with DeAndre Hopkins gone. And now do we go back to what we saw in the first part of the season when DeAndre Hopkins last year was suspended and Brown was fantastic.
Speaker 4: He he was great to start the season last year. So for overall season he was wideceiver forty four. Had some injuries, but he was the wide receiver twenty eight and average points per game.
Speaker 3: Curly going off of the ward is wide receiver thirty four.
Speaker 2: Everybody's down on Cardinals stand yep, yep.
Speaker 4: I mean we've seen, like you mentioned, we've seen what Kyler and Hollywood can do when it's just those two in the offense and like together. Over the first six weeks, which is a pretty nice sample size when Diapo suspended, Brown averaged ten targets, seven catches, eighty yards, had three touchdowns, and he was the wide receiver eight over that span.
Speaker 2: It was wide receiver eight for six weeks. I mean, that's not a small sample size.
Speaker 3: And you like it does.
Speaker 4: It doesn't feel fluky either, because like the top seven guys were, it was Diggs, Cup Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, DeVante Adams, Jaylen wattle Chase and then Marky's Brown. All those guys are guys that are being drafted very highly this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love all those guys to come back and have good years exactly, but nobody wants Hollywood Brown at ADP thirty four. Yeah, when we know he can produce at that level when a passing offense goes through him. Now, it's totally different coaching staff, so we don't know for sure that they're gonna repeat that. But when you look at who else is on the team, where else is the ball gonna go? So his competition for targets. You've got a hobbled zach Ertz trying to come back off inn acl and an older player.
Speaker 3: At that he's like thirty four.
Speaker 2: You've got two almost identical slot receivers in Ron del Moore and Greg Dortch who never catch a pass longer than about four yards down the line, down downfield. And then you've got rookie Michael Wilson, third rounder, total unknown, and most people did not expect him to go in the third round. That might have been a bit of a stretch for Michael Wilson. We'll see there is a primrose path to like one hundred and forty targets for Marquis Brown on this season.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he's going this low.
Speaker 4: I mean, you mentioned it, there's no competition for targets, and we like we said, we saw what he looks like when he's the only guy there, and that's it seemingly what that's gonna be the case this season. I think why he's going so low is because everyone is worried about who's gonna be the quarterback until Kyler comes back.
Speaker 3: And if Kyler comes back, Yeah, what is he going to look like? Right? And I think that's what people are scared of.
Speaker 4: And and that's a good it's it's it's a fair argument, but I just don't see.
Speaker 3: It's like the dkm Metcalf conversation last year.
Speaker 4: Everybody thought dkm Metcalf was going he everyone agreed that he was good, but he it was the oh, the offense, the quarterback gino is not good and then he turned out to be what the wide receiver was like fifteen sixteen something like that, right.
Speaker 2: Yr Yeah, it's there's there's some reason to think that Mark Hollywood Brown could be extremely good. Their people would also look at and go okay. Well, DeAndre Hopkins came back and Brown just disappeared from this offense. You know, if he's so good, how come it couldn't have been a one A and a one B with DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown. I think that's a fair observation. No one was a fast receiver known for big downfield plays. Brown's targeted air yards last year were shockingly low behind several other Browns. In fact, behind Noah Brown, aj Brown. You know, I expected there to be more air yards going his way. That didn't materialize in last year's offense, but maybe it will this year.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Although we don't know who's gonna throw them the ball.
Speaker 3: We don't know who's gonna throw on the ball. Right now, it's looking like a competition between Colt McCoy and rookie Clayton Tune.
Speaker 2: Is that a competition?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Isn't Colt McCoy that the assumed a Week one starter?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I like col McCay wasn't good last year. He was.
Speaker 4: I remember like two years, two years ago he was good in like a game against the like the San France forty nine or something down like oh my god, col McCoy through like three hundred yards. But we saw what he was like when Kyler was hurt. Cole McCoy did nothing. He did absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So maybe Clayton.
Speaker 4: Tune's kind of like a I don't know, like a like a Dak Prescott situation. I mean it's not it's not Tony Romo, but like kind of mid round, late round guy just come in and I don't know, maybe light the world on fire.
Speaker 3: Who knows. I'm not not predicting that by any means, but you never know.
Speaker 2: Way back in like March, there was talk that Kyler Murray may not be back until mid season, but the more recent news is much much more optimistic. And if Hollywood Brown has gone off the border wide receiver thirty four, I kind of feel like I'm buying because I just need Kyler Murray to come back sooner than like mid season. Yeah, and even if he doesn't, I mean, it's not like he would never get any passes his way. They wouldn't maybe just won't be as good as passes. And what if Kyler Murray's back for the start of the year, it's possible or near the start of the year.
Speaker 3: It's definitely possible.
Speaker 4: I mean, we touched on a little bit last but then I really dove into kind of some of the data. So Kyler Murray towards ACL on December twelfth of last season. We have three other recent quarterbacks who have kind of torn their ACL around this time, and then we get there what ended up happening. So Joe Burrow towards a CL and MCL on November twenty second, and then he started.
Speaker 2: Right in that same time range exact a couple of weeks, started.
Speaker 3: Every game next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, ability was severely hampered early on, but that's fine, and you know, that's that what we're here to talk about. We care about Kyler Murray's arm exist conversation about Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 4: We don't care about the mobility right now. We're just talking about is Kyler Murray in there? And can he make those passes that that Cole McCoy cannot. That's all we that's all we care about. Carson Wentz towars ACL and LCL on twelve ten and missed for the first two games of the next season, all right, So.
Speaker 2: That's almost the exact same timeframe almost of the day, and Carson Wentz missed two games and then came back, So that would be another reason for optimism that Kyler Murray is going to start sooner than later.
Speaker 3: And then RG three.
Speaker 4: Famously toys Al and LCL on January sixth, so about three weeks later than Kyler and then started week one.
Speaker 2: Right, that shouldn't have shouldn't but he did start week one. Yeah, all right, So, I mean, I think there's a lot of history it suggest Kyler Murray's can be ready at the start of the season. Yeah, I'd like to think that he's rehabbing and not just playing call of duty, probably the case, but we don't know that that's the case.
Speaker 3: I think he gets a.
Speaker 4: Little too much flag for the whole call of duty thing, like it was. I think it was funny at first, but then it's like I think people legitimately think that he's just sitting there playing call of duty for like ten hours and he just doesn't care about football. Do you know how many others I'm gonna go on a rander do you know any other like players play like Tyreek Hill is playing on like Saturday nights before games and nobody says a word.
Speaker 3: But then Kyler Murray, Like, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: That's what I want him to be doing Saturday night before games. I don't want him out on South Beach.
Speaker 3: I want him at home playing video.
Speaker 2: Games on Saturday night. That's exactly what I want him to be.
Speaker 4: But if Kyler Murray, you if if Kyler Murray streamed Call of Duty on a Saturday night, he might have one hundred thousand viewers in that stream and every single comment is going to be l L L call of Duty Kyler. It's like all this stuff, I just think he gets a bad raft for it, and I'm I'm on Kyler's side.
Speaker 3: I think the big.
Speaker 4: Argument was like they had the thing in the contract whereas like he needs to watch film and they took it out and that was like the whole thing is like, oh, Pikey's been playing Call of Duty. Like I don't I think Kyler gets a bad raft for it. I'm team Kyler on this whole situation. He seems, like all accounts a good guy.
Speaker 2: So let's go through the ADPs of various players, including Hollywood Brown and the players being drafted near him. But first a I'll quickly mention guillotine leagues dot com open for business. If you've got friends that want to play, you can try a Guillotine league with as few as eight teams in your league. And actually you could do it twice in one season. You could have a season that runs leaks one through eight and then another one that goes nine through sixty. Also public leagus. You want to join a you want to join a Guillotine league contest. We've got prizing levels for all kinds of different levels of play and all available at eighteen leagues dot com. Okay, let's get into some of the players that are being drafted around Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 3: All right, First, when we got Tyler Lockett, why does he your thirty two?
Speaker 2: But now Lockett finishes like wide receiver thirteen last year. So the fact that Lockett is this low, he's always this slow, as he's always nobody ever wants to believe right.
Speaker 3: Nope, now the whole it's Jason's there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I think given to all the competition in Seattle, I would go Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. Mike Evans, why does he your thirty three?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable? What's happened to Mike Evans in one year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, unreal. I'm more out of Mike Evans than I am on JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 2: That says a lot people heard yesterday's show. I think I'm gonna go Hollywood Brown. I don't trust there's so much about Tampa. I don't like battle offensive line, quarterback question marks. Uh yeah, Mike Evans getting pretty long in the tooth too.
Speaker 3: Yep. Jordan Addison, why does he wear thirty four?
Speaker 2: I'll go Hollywood Brown. Say he's a known quantity and and I like Jordan Addison. I think he's going to have a really nice career with the Vikings. But based on what we know right now, would rather have the Cardinals number one than the distant number two from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Maybe number three with just Hawkinson too. Yeah I get that. Good point. Yeah, good point. I like Addison too.
Speaker 4: I do like the the amount of vacated targets, that feeling left behind is great. But yeah, I think I'd go Marky's Brown. Last one Darius Tony wide deceiver thirty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not close, And you know Tony's got freaky upside. I get it. If he stays healthy, maybe he's the best receiver on a Patrick Mahomes led offense, but best wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but wish we'll thinking. I think I'm the Cadarius Tony discourse right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I mean, you know what's happening is to bring Tony up to wide receiver thirty six because obviously he's never been anything close to wide receiver thirty six. Is everybody's like, okay at that stage of my draft, it's round eight and you're like, I'll just throw a dart and maybe I get lucky, and Cadarius Tony plays seventeen games and he's gonna be terrific.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But that it's only because people are willing to look past his history in the eighth round when they're making that pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I feel like we agree that Marky's Brown smash pick right now giving it his ADP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we agree. Yeah, I think this is a I think there's a lot to like about Hollywood Brown. So thank you for listening. Appreciate it, everybody. You got to the end of a rather lengthy uh Fantasy Football Weekly micro edition. Be sure to stay tuned for Friday's full edition as well. We're breaking down divisions. We start division by division analysis of every team and breaking those down.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great. You have to get me for the NFC South.
Speaker 2: You want the god you and your Falcons.
Speaker 3: You just like the Falcons.
Speaker 2: You don't even like the whole division.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I'm very I'm very informed. Nobody will, nobody else wants to take it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's that's a whole different strike.
Speaker 3: We'll bring in. I just few my Falcons propaganda. I need to outlive for it.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll uh, we'll talk to you later, everybody, Thanks for listening. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of I Heart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.