Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's a brand new episode.
Speaker 2: This is Laugh with Me, the Friday Happy Hour edition of podcast with Jeremyota. Buy'm your house, jayo Oh shoot man, It's been a while since we've had a Friday Happy Hour, but it feels good to be back.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm your host, Jeremyota.
Speaker 2: We've got producer Johnny Palermo in the house as well. Thank you for the applau, sir, Thank you very very much. You know, happy hour sometimes it's great to just sit back, it's the end of the week, have a beer and just kind of unload, you know, the things from the week.
Speaker 1: This week we had the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: The freaking super Bowl is how we started this week, and everybody wants to talk about one thing coming out of it. Everybody has one thing that they've been waiting for me to talk about. And you know what that is, Johnny, Johnny, I know you know that I have been talking about it all week off air, and I'm like, you just wait, you just wait for happy Hour.
Speaker 1: When I take my victory lap.
Speaker 2: If you listened last week to WTL podcast, I was their guest on Where's the Line Sports Betting podcast, The one and only sports betting podcast in the state of Nebraska. If you listened to last week's Super Bowl Extravaganza episode.
Speaker 1: I gave you a sm Morgsborg.
Speaker 2: Of bets, of plays that will win you money, and I was on a tear from the get. From the get, I gave you tails.
Speaker 1: I said it would be tails.
Speaker 2: I told you it was gonna be under on the national anthem. Okay, I told you the first play of the game was gonna be a running play. I told you Jalen Hurts was gonna run.
Speaker 1: For a first down.
Speaker 2: I gave you the Eagles plus one and a half. I even gave you your Gatorade color. There was so many bets that went.
Speaker 1: Jo's way.
Speaker 2: When do you start are following the lines I'm giving When do you start following? If you have not subscribed, if you have not been a follower of WTL, because when I pop on, yeah, I'm giving you winner. But these guys every single week are giving.
Speaker 1: You the goods.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, you've got to check it out. If you know, if you're in a sports game, here's the thing. If you're not a gambler, you're just a sports fan, You're gonna freaking love the show too, very upbeat, very fast paced, gets to the point and entertaining. It's not just about the plays. But holy cal did I deliver for the Super Bowl? You know, there's part of me that's like, you know, just move on. You got you put the winners out there, move on. The people who rolled with you great, and the people who don't maybe next time. And I say, no, this is the Super Bowl. This was the conclusion of what was a fantastic football season.
Speaker 1: I'm going out.
Speaker 2: I'm going out a champion. I I don't know that I've ever been this close to a Super Bowl like I. I one hundred percent believe I deserve my own Lombardy or something.
Speaker 1: I need a ring.
Speaker 2: I certainly deserve something, right, Jotty, he's shaking his head. No, I yes. The Chargers did not win the Super Bowl. In fact, they didn't even make it to the Big Game. But your boy was a champion. It was all said and done, and that was pretty freaking cool. So You're welcome, everybody, You're welcome. So that was the big thing coming out of the Super Bowl. It was also a halftime show that some people are still talking about. Man Kendrick Lamar put on a hell of a show. Here's the thing, it's it is different and not because of the style of music. Okay, I throw that out the window. Throw out that it was rap hip hop? What however you classify? Throw that out. Ever since Apple has start producing the halftime show, it is now produced to be a television product. I mean, they make this for us at home, you know, watching for the one hundred and twenty six million or whatever that watched the game.
Speaker 1: I believe it was a record too. That's what the halftime show is now for.
Speaker 2: It used to be a big, extravagant halftime show being performed at the halftime in Super Bowl in a large stadium, a stadium show that was also being presented to one hundred and twenty million people. This is now a product for TV that just happens to be in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of the field at halftime of a stadium.
Speaker 2: I mean that's just how you kind of look at It's gonna be different, it's gonna look different, it's gonna feel different. That's okay, because you know, someday they'll probably be a different producer. It won't be Apple, and then who knows what it'll looks like. But right now we know what we're getting with Apple. They are reducing it as a television product and not necessarily a stadium show that they're also showing on TV.
Speaker 1: That's how I look at it.
Speaker 2: I go into it and I know I'm not gonna be disappointed because that's exactly what it is. But Kendrick Lamar, I'm not. It's not that I don't like his music. I enjoyed the show. I enjoyed his music. I didn't know any of the songs other than you know, the main disc track on Drake just because that's everywhere a minor. That shit's everywhere. So I knew about that, and I knew about the battle like that was how did you not know about that going into the super Bowl? But you know, to focus the entire show on that was quite the freaking statement. That was quite the statement. And I was saying after the game, I'm like, man, you know back when I you know, I hate to be the old guy, but this, you know what, this was the first halftime that I felt like the old guy in the room watching the game because my kids knew more about Kendrick and his music than I did. Normally, we get to halftime and I'm I go, oh yeah, Katy.
Speaker 1: Perrys blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I could tell you, you know, everything about the people like this. I knew Kendrick, but I didn't know any his music, and you know, and the kids are singing along. I had no idea. I was the old guy in the room. This lime, That's okay, we're all getting older. It was bound to happen someday. But I would say it after the game. I'm like, man, back in the day when there was a hip hop feud, you know, somebody died, and nowadays it's it's just dis tracks and a halftime show and then and then my wife says, no, this time, we just didn't see the body. And that's true. Drake's gotta be feeling it. I mean, Drake, Drake was put down. I mean, he's obviously gonna come back for this. I know, leading into the Super Bowl, he was live shows and he was wearing this jacket that had like bullet holes in it, with like the smoke you know, coming out of it.
Speaker 1: You know, basically, you didn't get me. You know, I'm still here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure you're here, but it's not gonna be the same, which is not when when Kendrick Can in one week received five Grammys for the disc track for The Killed Shot on Drake and then performed Super Bowl halftime in the entire show is essentially built around that, Oh my god, I mean what that's it, My man.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: We're actually we're lucky that we had my bets and the halftime show to talk about, because the game itself did not live up to the you know, the close battle I thought it would be anybody thought it would be.
Speaker 1: And everybody who was going chiefs, Holy cow boy, did they look bad? Huh? Was it that they looked bad?
Speaker 2: Or was it the Eagles were just that freaking like over the top.
Speaker 1: Better mean, it could go either way.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mahomes was fighting for his life out there, running around like crazy. Kelsey looked five years older.
Speaker 1: Than what he is. He just did you know.
Speaker 2: And after all, you know, all this week he's been going on his pod and he's talking about, you know, the year caught up to him. You know, the grind that every day, the twelve hours in the in the office, whatever, the grind of an NFL season caught out to him.
Speaker 1: And he's been playing more games than anybody, that's true.
Speaker 2: They make it deep into the playoffs, so they make it to the freaking Super Bowl every single year, and this was three straight years that they were competing for the championship. That's pretty freaking impressive. And yeah, it does catch up to you what Lebron play. There was that stretch where he was in the NBA finals like six or seven straight times or something like. It was something wild like that.
Speaker 1: That catches up to you.
Speaker 2: You play all those games, then you're playing in the Olympics, like you're do all these things. And then Kelsey he's playing all these football games and he's playing at a high level, and he's also flying all over the world because his girlfriend just happens to be the largest pop star ever. That, uh, that's gotta wear on you. And that's kind of where he's chocking it up now. He doesn't know if he's gonna play anymore. They don't retire, man, that's I bet there's if you played for the Kansas City Chiefs and you just went through that, I bet they're all deciding about retirement, possibly several my homes. That shit doesn't seem to bother him. He just takes the takes the head, puts the blame on his back, and just keeps moving forward.
Speaker 1: A pretty smart guy. So here we are. The game. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: The Eagles now they uh, they'll get to for at least a couple of months, you know, right around like Kings, that's the that's the thing. At some point, you still start to get excited for the next year. You start hitting training camp and it's like all right, you know, new year. And then you get Week one and you know, they get their big first home game to really celebrate, you know, this super Bowl win, and after that it's it's over, Like we're moving on. Aj Brown, he uh, the star receiver for the Eagles. He's already said he two days in, he gave himself two days to really soak in that he was a super Bowl champion. He thought all the work it took to get to that point was gonna feel like it was it was all we got the championship, everything, everything was worth it. And he goes, I felt like that for two days, and now I'm like, you know what, I kind of like the grind.
Speaker 1: I kind of liked the every day.
Speaker 2: You know, competing. So he's ready he's ready to go back and win another one. That's pretty cool. I think not everybody has that in him. Some people, once they get it, he starts slow down a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, I did it. It's a lot of work to get at the top. I should know.
Speaker 2: I just won the Super Bowl this past season with all those bets. Oh man, I couldn't even tell you when the first well they could do the coin flip and it tails, and I'm like, this is gonna be my night.
Speaker 1: You know. I have a feeling not only are my bets just gonna roll, I got a feeling that cheese are gonna lose. Like I I was just feeling it. Johnny.
Speaker 2: We have solved all of your holiday shopping stress, your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast, but it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of a kind gifts you can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique, and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you independent artists and small businesses. And because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines, but they can sell out fast.
Speaker 1: Johnny. What I found here.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you, Johnny, right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here. In a second, this is what I want for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uncommon Goods has a recycled skateboard display stand, so it looks like a skateboard. It just sit on your desk, sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job frankly and look like I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of, which you know I love.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool. And it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From book lovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and diehard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you up at Uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handcrafted products are made in small batches, so shot now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at Uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date. So shop early, have fun, and cross some names off your list. To day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to Uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com. Slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off. Don't miss out on this limited time offer Uncommon Goods.
Speaker 1: We are all out of the ordinary.
Speaker 2: Johnny, if you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really.
Speaker 1: Missed the boat.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what That's why I told my family. So yeah, that's pretty much super Bowl wrap up. It's the Friday Happy Hour. I don't know if you saw this. You know, we're we're fairly new into.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: And we always get an update on the doomsday clock. So they there's this doomsday clock, and it determines kind of based on a lot of different factors. You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of I don't know. It's kind of like My.
Speaker 2: My Bottom Five, you know podcasts where every week I give you the five worst teams in the NFL. Right, and it's not always about the standings, sometimes about vibes. It's just kind of the feel of things. It's kind of the doomsday clock does kind of gauges kind of where the world is with climate, with politics, with the economy, I mean, all kinds of factors. Right, we're getting close to midnight. When it gets to midnight, that's when they say it's gonna be the end of the world. So here's where we're at right now. Okay, we've got eighty nine seconds away from midnight. We are eighty nine seconds from hitting midnight on the doomsday clock. That's the closest it's ever been. So I was like, all right, eighty nine seconds not a lot of time, but we can make it worth it. We can what could we fill in eighty nine seconds in our last eighty nine seconds to make the end of the world worth it? You know, one last go? And I got to think it. I'm like, just I mean, there's all kinds of stupid shit around the house. I could do eight night second.
Speaker 1: Don't have a lot of time. It's I can go anywhere. So I googled. I do what anybody would do.
Speaker 2: I googled things to do in eighty nine seconds. So here's what they gave me. Here are things we could do in the final eighty nine seconds.
Speaker 1: Of the doomsday clock.
Speaker 2: This is when it hits midnight and then it's the end of the world. So here here's some things we could do. We could do a quick set of jumping jacks. So it's it's suggesting we could maybe get twenty to thirty reps in of jumping jacks.
Speaker 1: I guess it just depends on how efficient you are with the jack itself.
Speaker 2: But twenty to thirty reps of jumping jacks, I guess if you want to get the heart rate up, you can run in place at a fast pace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 2: If you have a treadmill, might be good. You guys run around outside. I mean, what's the matter, right, it's in the world. You could do a short burst of push ups, and they're estimating around ten to fifteen reps in that eighty nine seconds.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that. My son might. He has been known.
Speaker 2: To just start busting out push ups from time. Quickly clean up a small mess in your kitchen. I'll tell you right now, if we are eighty nine seconds away from the end of the world, that kitchen's gonna be dirty.
Speaker 1: That's matter of fact, we will absolutely not be cleaning up the best in the kitchen. You could send a quick text message.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say it takes me far less time to send a text message than eighty nine seconds, So I could send many text messages, or I could send one really long one and then give myself some time just to reread it a few times, just to make sure that you know everything's correct inside of it. I mean, that's not gonna just have errors. Animis my last tax answer? A short, simple question? Yeah, sure, I guess some idiots just run around asking questions in your final eighty nine I don't I don't know why that would be in there. Take a quick photo, Yeah, that's probably a lot of people probably doing that, right, taking like that one last selfie or just kind of I don't know what the end of the world would look like.
Speaker 1: With the sky still be the same. I don't know. Probably take some.
Speaker 2: Pick sel, start a small simple task like putting away laundry. Much like the kitchen, that laundry is gonna be laying wherever it is is not being put away. Here's the creative activities. You can complete eight in a second sketch a simple doodle.
Speaker 1: That would be fun.
Speaker 2: It would be my best art I've ever completed, because it's my last. Write a short high coup or a quick poem. I speaking of poems, I don't know if you listened to this week's Laugh with Me, but it was a Valentine's episode, Valentine's Happy, Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Everybody maybe Valentine's episode.
Speaker 2: I had Eric Larson on a special guest, and you know we read We read four original poems.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see. I don't want to spoil what they're about, but they're prett damn good.
Speaker 2: Start brainstorming ideas for a project. Well at late for that, we got eight eight seconds hum a short tune.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, now it's like.
Speaker 2: What songs would I want to quickly get my last Like listening on you wouldn't able to hear the whole song what can I I was listening to I mean I even listened to this song and probably twenty years tribute by Tenacious Tea. I was listening to that. I'm gonna drive home from work today just randomly, which is like, yeah, tribute, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's really good. It holds up.
Speaker 2: I will have to put that in my spring playlist. You could take a few deep breaths and focus on your breathing. Yeah, I'll probably bringing pretty heavily, knowing on the end of the world's cod do a quick meditation session. That's something that I think probably a lot of people will do, just try to get their mind right and hope that they go peacefully into the end of the world. Practice a short mindfulness exercise that's not gonna happen. You could quickly check the weather forecasts, browse a few headlines on a news app. Well, there'll be plenty of that. You know, there's gonna be journalists just dedicated to the grind up to the last second, putting out info as it's all going down. You could shark a start a start a short video on a topic of interest.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I think I take.
Speaker 2: Pictures absolutely, but to capture a video of the final eighty nine Here's what I'm worried about at the end of the world. Right. But then eventually, this, this footage is gonna be found somewhere by somebody some day at some point, and they're gonna look back and be like, this is what the end of the world looked like at this you know, time.
Speaker 1: Period, and they're gonna have a time capsule of it.
Speaker 2: Right, They're gonna have this video found in the clouds somewhere, right, and then we're like, this is it. This is what this person did. It's gonna be something lame like jumping jacks. This person did twenty to thirty jumping Jackson his final eighty nine seconds, and they're gonna go that's how lame life was.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully we can do some things to kind of work that clock back and gain some time back on the doomsday clock. Well, Happy Friday, everybody, enjoy your weekend. We'll be back next week brand new episodes from last week