Speaker 1: The Super Bowl signal that only triggered twice in bitcoin's history just flashed again.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Each time this has happened in twenty seventeen and twenty twenty, bitcoin went on an exponential run, and based on the data, this time could even be way more powerful. Now most people won't realize what's happening until it's too late. But if you understand this signal right now, you can position yourself before the crowd. Now, I'm Mark Moss. Since twenty sixteen, I've helped millions navigate bitcoin.
Speaker 2: Cycles using data not hype.
Speaker 1: I'm a partner at a leading bitcoin venture fund, and I advise companies building the future of finance on bitcoin. Now, in this video, I'm going to walk you through the same system, the same signals that we use to make decisions, and how you can use them too.
Speaker 2: So let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we are talking about a bull signal. We're talking about a signal change. There's times and periods where things change, and of course you have to change your investing strategy.
Speaker 2: Now, there's one chart that's commonly ignored when we talk about this.
Speaker 1: So hear me talk a lot about debt debt cycles, we talk about M two money supply, things like that, and a lot of people think about this right here, Okay, this is the US M two.
Speaker 2: Now, of course this makes sense because.
Speaker 1: The US dollar is the reserve currency of the world, and so if we look at the USM two, the money supply, then we can see that as this goes up, then of course asset prices go up with it. As a matter of fact, the S and P five hundred moves about in lockstep with this. The national median home price moves pretty close in lockstep with this. But when it comes to more international assets like bitcoin, like gold and other commodities, we want to be looking at another chart, and we're talking about the Global M two, not USM two Global M two or global Liquidity index. Now I make a bunch of videos about this, and there's a lot of ways to break this down. But if we look at this very simply, we can look at global M two and we can understand.
Speaker 2: If it's growing or rising.
Speaker 1: So these greens are when it's expanding rapidly. The red down here is when it's declining rapidly. But of course it's always going up. So what we can see here is the green is the year over year growth. The blue line that we have here is the money supply, so it's always going up and we can see how fast it's expanding. And then what we have overlaid here is the red line is the bitcoin price. And now the reason why I'm showing you this is because what happens, like almost every chart, is we have periods where it goes up and then it consolidates, and then it has a breakout, and then it consolidates and it has a breakout, sort of like our life. Now, what we can see in this chart is there's a time where this M too money supply hits a consolidation and then it breaks out and it goes higher, and then it consolidates and it goes way higher, and then it consolidates and it goes higher. It's important to understand this because it's what pushes asset price is higher. We can see in a chart here. This is from real vision over here. Everyone loves to correct me in the in the comments about that. Of course it has it right here on the chart. Okay, what we can see here is that global M two supply, which is the black line overlaid with the bitcoin price, which is the pink line.
Speaker 2: Now, this has.
Speaker 1: About a twelve week lag, so it doesn't move day to day, right one to one. But what we can see is they're matched almost perfectly. And when we go into a consolidation pattern and then we see M two break out with a lag, what do you think happens next? You can be an elementary kid and understand the pattern, and of course that is bitcoin breaking out. Now, this has been a major predictor of every big Bitcoin Bowl run that we've had twenty seventeen, twenty twenty, and it just triggered again. Now the question is how big and how fast is the move up in liquidity and what will that mean for Bitcoin's price when we look at it from historical angles, And don't worry, I got you covered on that.
Speaker 2: Let's break that down.
Speaker 1: So the first thing we want to know is that in these past global liquidity breakouts, what's happened.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look.
Speaker 1: We can see that in twenty seventeen we saw about a twenty x return. Now again just going back to this, we see the explosive move up, the consolidation, the explosives move up, the consolidation, the explosive move up and the consolidation Now if you can zoom in editor zoom in, you can see there is a breakout forming. The question then is how big and how fast and how severe will that move be? Okay, we're gonna break that down for you. I just wanted to kind of show you what that looks like. Now again, if we overlay that, we can see that in past breakouts, like right here, we had a pretty big move. Right this was pretty big, but in this breakout you can see how much bigger this move was.
Speaker 2: Why well, because.
Speaker 1: That was during the pandemic, right the entire world went into a massive liquidity easing cycle because you know, they shut the whole world down.
Speaker 2: We had to make up for that.
Speaker 1: And so what we really want to understand is how big will this move be? How severe will that be, so we can understand how this impacts prices. Now in this Super Bowl cycle super Bowl not super Bowl like football.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we have two things going our way right now. Number one, we have.
Speaker 1: Global easing global liquidity. Okay, that's happening all over the world. But the other thing we're looking at is rates, specifically the two year rate. So we want to know is when is liquidity rising and when our interest rates dropping because when those two converge, that's what creates this super Bowl cycle that we're talking about. Now, we also have the fifty year cycle that has four distinct phases. I talk about this all the time, and we know that phase two of that is what's called the frenzy phase. So we have the eruption phase that we have the frenzy phase, and this is the biggest part of the move. So we have the whole world easing, going global liquid, adding global equidity. At the same time, we have the FED and all the other central banks around the world talk about lowering rates. And on top of that, we have the largest part of the cycle all framing up at the same time. Now that we have that, let's go back and see where this could potentially take us. Okay, so if we look at historical multipliers from the bear market bottom, so bitcoin goes up and down. So from the time it hits the bottom of the bear market to the top of the next cycle, what do we typically see. Well, in twenty thirteen, bitcoin's price was thirteen dollars. How nces you wish it could go back in time and just buy it at thirteen bucks. You buy it at thirteen dollars. That was the TROW that was at the bear market. At the top of that cycle, it was eleven hundred dollars. Imagine buying it for thirteen right into eleven hundred. That was an eighty five times return. Now in that part that was really early days. There wasn't a lot of buying. The asset was very small, didn't take a lot of buying to get it up there, so we had early retail. There was no liquidy constraints in nothing like that. Then twenty seventeen, the next cycle, the TROW the bottom the bear market of that cycle was two hundred on from thirteen to eleven hundred and then all the way back down to two hundred. This is around when I started looking at this cycle. Twenty fifteen is when I got in around three hundred, and then we saw it go all the way to twenty thousand. So from twenty from two hundred to twenty thousand, that was a one hundred x return. Now during this time, this was when we had the ico mania phase. We had this very low base to start with. We also saw the first sort of institutional adoption coming in where we had the futures go live in twenty seventeen, and we took it there.
Speaker 2: Then we have twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Now we saw in twenty twenty it fell all the way down the trow the bottom of the bear market around thirty one hundred, and then it went all the way to sixty nine thousand, and that was a twenty.
Speaker 2: Two x return.
Speaker 1: Now, this is when we started to get the institutions were starting to come in, and it was also post COVID, so we sort of had that big rush of liquid that came in and maybe it got cut a little bit short. Right, cycles have averages, and this one was a much lower. The question is now our bottom was sixteen thousand in this cycle in twenty twenty two, and the question is how high will this go?
Speaker 2: Right, let's take it. Let's take a look at that.
Speaker 1: So we can only take a guess, but let's put some ranges in it. Right, so we have an average, but let's take a look at the ranges. So let's just say if we apply the same multipliers to twenty twenty two's bottom of sixteen thousand, how high could it go based off of that? Well, if we only look at an eight times, which is a very conservative, conservative number as you saw we saw one hundred times before that. That could push us up to about one hundred and twenty eight thousand dollars, which means we might be getting somewhat toppy. If we get more of like a twelve x return, we could go up as high as one hundred and ninety two thousand, and if we go up a twenty x return, which is definitely optimistic, but that's more like what we saw in earlier cycles, that could put Bitcoin up to about three hundred and twenty thousand dollars. Now, the question we have to ask ourselves is which one do we think is likely to play out? And we have to look at other indicators to try to figure that out. All right now, to try to guess the future, we look at a lot of indicators now, and what I'm looking at far out in the future, I'm looking at more fundamental stuff. The what I call, you know, reading the leaves, the tea leaves, like technical analysis is not going to tell us the future. We want to look at the fundamentals. And of course the famous last words are you know this time is different, but is this time different?
Speaker 2: Let's take a look.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of things that are different. Okay, so we're not in twenty seventeen, we're not twenty twenty more. This time, we know from the fifty year historical cycle, the four phases. We went from the retail adoption to now the institutional sovereign phase, so we know this is different. So remember in the instant, the in the eruption phase, the first phase, retail comes in, they buy up everything.
Speaker 2: But we're talking people with.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of dollars or thousands of dollars, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars. In the institutional in the sovereign phase, we're talking about hundreds of billion dollars. A matter of fact, year to date, just here in twenty twenty five, we've had over almost eighty five billion dollars has gone into bitcoin. Wall Street Institution place eighty five billion. So we're talking big, big numbers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Another thing is that we've gone from having headwinds to tellwinds.
Speaker 2: What do I mean by that?
Speaker 1: Bitcoin since it's been around, has faced massive opposition. In the early days, it wasn't really well known, so it didn't have a lot of opposition. But the political regime, the central bankers, the politicians have always been against it. The Biden administration was very aggressively against it. As a matter of fact, they practiced Operation Choke point two point zero, where they basically blocked banks from being involved in bitcoin. You couldn't even send money from your bank to bitcoin. Elizabeth Warren ran on a platform literally called the anti Crypto Army. So heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy headwinds obstacles. Right, So bitcoin has gotten to where it's at in spite of all of that, and all of a sudden that switched like a one hundred and eighty degree turned. The headwinds now became tailwinds. Now we have the entire United States government opening up a strategic Bitcoin reserve, opening up a sovereign wealth fund to buy bitcoin. You have the President, the president's companies, the president's sons taking billions of dollars. They dis announced to taking two point five billion dollars to buy more bitcoin. So we went from having massive headwinds to now having massive tellwins. So how much more does that change the trajectory of where that goes in the future. Now, the one thing we have to understand about this is that because we now have what we call the smart money, you and I were dumb. The smart money is the institutions, right, the people that are really connected politically also financially, they front run this. They're already taking position, and so are you. But what happens is when they take positions, then they it causes some compression potentially, So we've gone from having massive headwinds to now having massive tailwinds. We have huge amounts of money coming in, but it could already be front running this and it could potentially compress this. We have to take all of that into consideration when we're trying to figure out where this goes. But based off of this, what should we be doing well? The first thing we would do is I always built my whole career on a saying. I think as Tony Robbins that said, success leaves clues. So you find other people that are already successful, you do about the same things, you get about the same results. So when you see, you know, Larry Fink, the largest asset manager in the world head a black rock saying I bought bitcoin.
Speaker 2: When you have ray Alio, the large you.
Speaker 1: Know, the founder of the largest hedge fund in the world saying I bought bitcoin. You have a President Trump, the founder or the leader of the free world saying I'm buying billions of dollars in bitcoin, but your cousin, or your hairstylist or your driver is telling you that bitcoin is a Ponzi scam.
Speaker 2: Who do you think you should listen to?
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first thing is we want to understand we are not more connected or smarter than they are. But what we don't want to do is we don't want to be gambling. Okay, we don't want to be jumping into this blindfolded. We want to understand what's going on, what we expect to happen, and we want to position ourselfs intelligently.
Speaker 2: So we want to.
Speaker 1: Understand the signs that can tell us where we're at in the cycle. Now, if we can understand this, then you and I have the ability to front run the institution. So instead of them get in front of us, we have the ability to play the game with them. Now, there's three pillars to understand this, all right. The first one is there's macro cycles. Okay, it's already kind of showed you that these are the liquidy levels. We looked at those, the liquidy index, the M two global M two growth, things like that, the two year yields. We've talked about those, all right. The next thing we want to look at is price trends. So I like to look at breakouts.
Speaker 2: We talked about that.
Speaker 1: There's a couple that I like to look at. So the first thing is one that you could just use. This is very simple. This is a two hundred day or two hundred weekly moving average. So that's the yellow line right here. Anytime the bitcoin price gets down to this level, these have always been historic buying opportunities. Like imagine if you could have bought here, we're here and ridden that up. You bought here and you rode that up. You bought here and you.
Speaker 2: Rode that up. Okay, So anytime it gets.
Speaker 1: Down to the level, those are historic buying opportunities, and we know that we're nowhere near that level right now.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, another one we want to look at is on chain data.
Speaker 1: The beauty of bitcoin is gives us this whole new data set that we don't have with other assets.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to show you three that I use.
Speaker 1: If you want to know the top five on chain indicators that I use, then you should probably be watching.
Speaker 2: I'll go ahead. Let's just go put that video up here or we'll.
Speaker 1: Link it down in the show notes down below. But three that we can look at real quickly are the mv RV. This is the market value and the realized value. And so we can see this is the bitcoin price in the black line here, and the blue line is the realized.
Speaker 2: Cap market cap.
Speaker 1: But what this is right here is this is the MVRV score. Now you can see when it peaks really high, we're at the peak of a market, but right now it's not peaking anywhere near high, which means we have a lot of room to run in this market. I like to look at that. Another one we look at is this in UPL. This is the net unrealized profit and loss. And this tells us sort of the motivations or the emotions that people holding bitcoin might feel, and they could tell us when they might want to be taking profit. And again we can see when this spike's high, the bitcoin market spikes high. When this spike's high, the bitcoin right high. When this spiked, hie, the bitcoin price was high. But here we're nowhere close, which means this is probably going to run way up before we get some convergence up there. So again we're nowhere near the top. Another indicator that we look at is this sop R. It's another easy one to understand. This is a spent output profit ratio. So again when we understand where people are at in profit, we can understand what their emotions are and if they might be selling. So for example, a lot of people, if they're underwater, they don't want to sell right now because they want wait.
Speaker 2: Till they get back in profit.
Speaker 1: But if they're sitting on lots of profits, they might want to sell to pay off some debt, buy a new house, or just take some cream off the top.
Speaker 2: You never go broke taking a profit.
Speaker 1: And what we can see is when it spikes really high, we see bitcoin tops spoke right here, right here.
Speaker 2: But again we are very low. We're nowhere near the top.
Speaker 1: So what these indicat are telling us is that we're nowhere near the top of the market cycle yet. So we can see that we have the breakout in global equity.
Speaker 2: It just broke out. We're not the high part of it. It's just taking off.
Speaker 1: We know that in previous periods like this, bitcoin has gone up twenty times, eighty times, one hundred times, and we can see that we're nowhere near the top of that cycle right now. Okay, so what are the smart moves to make in this environment. Well, again, we don't want to go in blindly. We don't want to gamble here. We want to look at data and position intelligently. But we do understand that the clock is ticking. The breakout happened, the quidy is rushing in. Bitcoin sat at all time highs, and we know that these cycles don't last that long.
Speaker 2: So the clock is ticking now.
Speaker 1: Most people they do it the wrong way, which is why most people are average. They're not the one percent that are wealthy. And they chase price. So what they're doing is they're looking at the price. Well, Bitcoin right now at the time of this video is don't one hundred and five thousand. It's very well expensive compared to what expensive compared to when it was two hundred buckssive expensive compared to where it could be in a year or five years from now. So they're chasing price. What smart money does is they chase liquidity. We understand that when liquidity, when the money supply increases, asset prices go up as well. We want the lead indicator so we can see liquidity breaking out and about to rise. We know that asset prices will continue to rise on a three month lag. Okay, now we also understand that the Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl signal is very rare.
Speaker 1: When we see liquidity breakout, we see two year rates starting to drop, and where we see we're in the fifty year cycle, all three of those converging is extremely rare, rare, and it is extremely powerful. So what winners do is they prepare. They don't chase the price. They look at the data and they prepare and they position.
Speaker 2: Now, if you
Speaker 1: Want to know more about understanding where the price is going by let's say twenty thirty, twenty forty, in twenty fifty, I have a video for you might want to watch this video right here and hope to see over them