Speaker 1: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Tantanamos. How you guys doing today?
Speaker 2: Doing good? Brother, how about yourself? You're looking good, You're looking blessed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, I appreciate it. Thank you for noticing unshaved, unkept yat man just walking it off the street out here.
Speaker 2: You're giving off your Jesus aura like you're giving.
Speaker 1: Off of aura of you know what, Caucasian Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just so content right now. You feel good, you look happy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what came.
Speaker 1: You're hyping me up. Man.
Speaker 4: I disclosed that he's the most curious man on earth.
Speaker 3: You just said, yeah, never drunk an ounce of alcohol in his life.
Speaker 1: And Teddy, you were just telling us about your new diet speaking of pure high protein, low car Yeah, I feel like you've been doing.
Speaker 4: What I've been.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just a lot of cars, you know what I'm saying lately. But I've just been also enjoying snacks when I want to. So that's not really dyeting when you just enjoy snacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So now I'm gonna take the snacks out of it and then boost I mean, boost the protein up a little bit more so.
Speaker 2: He's the type that picked up gonna.
Speaker 5: Get me ready for training to Kemp like, you know, psychologically I want to add like I'm getting ready for the season. You know what, I'm all right, I gotta get informed too, you know that.
Speaker 1: You know Old speaking of getting ready for the season kind of this this time of year, Madden ratings are out, Madden twenty four. How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: We are all?
Speaker 1: I know, we are Old. It's official, We're Old. Madden rating twenty four for the twenty four seventh season is out. All right. They got the receivers here, Terry McLaurin number eight. I know you guys were talking beforehand, very very excited. Why are you guys excited about that?
Speaker 5: Well, he gets recognition, you know, you know, I just feel like Terry's been one of those guys that, no matter what he's done, he's not barking every week.
Speaker 4: You know, smooth talked about.
Speaker 5: You know, most of the guys that get recognition, who get favored, they the guys that's doing something. You know, they got some kind of crazy celebration. They're talking big.
Speaker 4: Time in the media.
Speaker 5: Terry just came in here, as a third round draft pick and just showed everybody. Every year, I'm going to show you guys that I'm number one on around here, and and when you doubt me or questioned me, I'm gonna go out there and beat the best cornerback and give my team a chance to win, you know, week in and week out. So I'm glad he's getting the recognition. Finally, I could see him rising up, you know right now he's rated what he's eighth right now amongst.
Speaker 4: A lot of great receivers out there.
Speaker 1: You know, I was about to say, like, let's just read the list real quick. We got jeff Justin Jefferson at ninety nine, Tyreek Hill ninety eight. A little bit of controversy there, but we looked it up. Justin Jefferson led the league in receiving last year, led the league in reception, so I guess he deserves that. Moniker Davante Adams led the league in touchdowns last year ninety seven, stef On Diggs ninety six. Cooper Cup you know, injured last year but comes in strong with a ninety sixspect right, I mean, won the Triple Crown ye against and then Jamar Chase ninety four. DeAndre Hopkins A little surprised by that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, he had an off year last year.
Speaker 1: It was hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was suspended even.
Speaker 5: With jam He was hurt for a little bit last year too, So Chase could have easily be up and there in ninety I think Chase is ninety eight hands.
Speaker 2: Chase is the only dude that's out of spot here.
Speaker 1: So you Hopkins seven, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Most definitely I would have actually Jamar Chase above Cooper Cup and above step Fund no question. Really, Chase is the most He's the most complete wire receiver in the game.
Speaker 2: Now why do I.
Speaker 3: Say he's when you want to mix strengts, size, speed, route running and hands. And don't forget that he played college ball with this with his quarterback, so their relationship is insurmountable.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: He is the one right there. But I'm gonna tell you it's two guys that stick out on here. And this is why I love these guys, because they got the worst quarterbacks out of all these guys, and it's DeAndre Hockey and here. But listen, I respect the wide receiver that don't need Brett Farb to burn me. I respect the wire receiver that says, no matter who my quarterback is.
Speaker 2: I'm finna give you the business.
Speaker 1: What about these first three guys though, Justin Jefferson, Kirk Cousins, Tyreek Hill, Tua, Yeah, Davanta Adams car who's no longer with the team. I mean, that's all three.
Speaker 5: Of those guys could have been ninety nine. I mean, I just think all those guys, they're the level in their game. They didn't need a quarterback to go out there and perform, you know, you know I lie. I mean, look, I'm a big fan of Kirk Cousins. I play with him. So people get on him about saying that he's not what Justin Jefferson needs.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they talking about, you know what I mean? Because I believe when it comes.
Speaker 5: To being precise detail a man, Kirk knows the game inside out.
Speaker 4: He's going to get you the ball where you needed at.
Speaker 1: We're getting a little off topic, but I think one of the reasons that criticism against Kirk has always love it is because of the paycheck. You know, he's made a lot of money, Like he's made more money than he deserves it. In terms of good quarterback play, he's a good quarterback. Man, he's a top ten quarterback, I would say.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: You don't think he's a top ten quarterback.
Speaker 2: I can no, he's not a tempt he's not.
Speaker 1: They need ten quarterbacks right now that are better than him.
Speaker 2: Ready you go all right, I'm gonna start it off with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, right now, he's better than right.
Speaker 2: Now to all two I got.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take that Prescott. You can do all the hate. You won't do all the hate.
Speaker 2: You won't. They the same guy. Basically it's black and one just white. But they just yeah, not go there.
Speaker 1: They're the same guy you went there by homes Joe Burrow, Okay, Josh Allen, Okay, I'm already.
Speaker 3: Five okay, five, all right, Lamar Jackson, they go six, uh, Deshaun Watson, they're gonna sell you.
Speaker 2: Watch it might feeling.
Speaker 1: I got veto power on vetoing that one.
Speaker 2: Next one, all right, I take that down. So I'm back here.
Speaker 1: What six?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: I can't even think of anybody true down. Willie kirk Cousins is the next one.
Speaker 5: You gotta be in one of those next four? You got easy, I don't want to put no want you reaching.
Speaker 2: Nothing want to make two thy twenty three, which.
Speaker 4: Let's not reaching.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a reach.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what you put your.
Speaker 2: Kirk was your quarter. I like Kirk.
Speaker 1: We've had no he's not about Matthew Stafford. Okay, okay, So that's so. Now we're at seven eight, Okay, all right, you got two more guys that are better than them in the NFL. Think about divisions, right we got Arizona Cayler Murray's hurt right now, but Gino Smith.
Speaker 2: Is better when he's when he heard then Kirk Cousins, let's.
Speaker 5: Go back to Let's just go back to the real I'm not being biased at all. It's time when you can get by here man hero, when you when.
Speaker 1: You have to sit there.
Speaker 5: As a young I had these conversations before as a younger, as a rookie, I saw something in Kurt. I'm like, look, damn, I have been running plays the whole year with RG and Kirk getting in there the first play he ran with me in that same play. Never been putting that situation in the game, running in practice a couple of times, but not in the game, and hitting me dagger down the middle. Of the field seven yard touchdown. That you don't do that as a rookie, you understand. So I'm just saying, like, when it comes to a quarterback getting the guy the ball that's open, he showed me.
Speaker 2: He can do that in the Super Bowl. One drive left for that we said, we said, rate him in the top team. Drive left in the game. Your money, your house money on the line. Are you putting it on Kurt?
Speaker 5: If you if you're playing on Kirt team, you better you better hope that Kurt gonna leave you down the fielding for that touchdown.
Speaker 1: So I guess what i'd say to Fred here in this situation fields, Fred's being a hater, right, he's being a Let's call it what it is. We backed Fred into a quarter Just what Fred does, just gonna say ignorant stuff until we stop talking about it. I think he's a top for sure, top fifteen quarterback, fifteen at his best and going back and forth with at his best, he's a top ten and last year was a really good year for him, man, statistically, very good year for him. And I get what you're saying, is he ready for the big moments. That's what differentiates that top five group is they're always ready for the big moment. Everybody else is everybody else.
Speaker 4: Tell me this?
Speaker 1: Did he did?
Speaker 5: He not take a bunch of butt whoopings against us and brought that team back and beat us against.
Speaker 4: A hell of a defense, not defense was playing.
Speaker 1: Sure, you're saying, yeah, last.
Speaker 2: Year, bread Listen he played.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 2: He played for my other team. I am a Minnesota and.
Speaker 4: Him went to the same two teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played. We are brothers. Like when they look at us, they're like that we need to start buying the U shoes from because they ain't working out. But what I'm saying is I think Kirk is good, good, good pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of who my quarterback was there, Brian, I mean Brian BJ. So at the end of the day, he gonna he will never be out of game with bj. You will never out of game with Kurt.
Speaker 4: So I give you that.
Speaker 1: So I feel like we got to bring the back. We got a little sidetracked there. We did Cousins's sorry conversation. So Terry mclorr number eight, Yeah, A J. Brown and MARII Cooper, uh nine and ten? Are you surprised that he's ahead of A. J. Brown Terry McCorry.
Speaker 5: I'm not, but I'm I was surprised a little bit because but not, but not not a bout that much because we had this conversation before, I said, in this division, I believe A. J.
Speaker 4: Brown and Terry mcclun could be one A one B.
Speaker 5: So I feel like that nick the nick when it comes to you know, the best receivers in the NFC East.
Speaker 4: Now, the one thing that Terry mccloin has the A. J.
Speaker 5: Brown doesn't to me right now in this game is he can score from anywhere on the field. Terry, Terry can, Yes, don't you ran down to big right now.
Speaker 4: He's a beast man. But he ain't his He he ain't his counterpart from college.
Speaker 1: D d.
Speaker 2: K is not Cooper is. I am very shocked.
Speaker 5: But Cooper did it without his without a number one quarterbackround Cooper routing everybody.
Speaker 4: Up in their mama.
Speaker 5: So you got to give not I mean, I mean, look, Amari to me, has I don't understand how the Cowboys let him go.
Speaker 1: You must have like some personality.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The thing about Cooper he is, he's.
Speaker 3: The guy this God's God gifted him with skills to play a game.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he loves that game, like he's that guy if you look at.
Speaker 4: It, and you know what, I don't know if he loves you know what his the mean.
Speaker 5: He's nonchalant, he's not beating his chest, he don't express any but he gonna wrote you up and don't give your daddy out there, your mama out there. He gonna rite him up, and he gonna put up. He gonna put up numbers everywhere. He's been three different places. He put up numbers and it didn't matter who his quarterback was at.
Speaker 4: You know what was that year.
Speaker 5: So that's why I like him, and I don't care about where they rank him at because I think last year, if you look at that season alone, he was out there with a guy who's here and I think highly of him as a quarterback.
Speaker 4: But he wanted them put up numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true. So the other two receivers here for the Commanders obviously Curtis Samuel eighty two and then Johan Dotson's seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was young, no, but in terms of production, they could have easily gave him eighty something they should have gave him eighty at least going to your sophomore year.
Speaker 4: He proved enough going to his sophomore year, he should be eighty five. Yeah, eighty five.
Speaker 2: You know, you just feel like he should be ahead of Curtis saying.
Speaker 5: Man, first of all, First of all, Jahann might might be one of the most shops is whide receivers in the league.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just I'm gonna put it like, if you.
Speaker 5: Had to put everybody in the line and say run every route, Jahan would come out in the yeah and catcher your ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's why I look at him that way. It's not just saying because of what he did a.
Speaker 3: Lot had to do with that injury. Let's just be on the hamstring injury. That because he was headed for Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, let's get it. Seriously, he hit it for a Rick of the year and then.
Speaker 3: He just came up missing and the other rookies started to start to get their lights they shine on and you know, like they say, the best.
Speaker 2: Ability in this league is availability, and he wasn't available. And I think this was this gut him.
Speaker 5: At the seventy seven, right, Yeah, I mean I kind of feel like, but if they watched what he did later in the season, he to me, he stamped it like this this I'm a bad man boom, I'm.
Speaker 4: Ana stamp it that game against the Giants.
Speaker 5: Giants the other game where he ended up beating somebody deep and he caught it back shoulder. I wish he would have scored on that, but that was either guy got him about.
Speaker 4: One hand or something like that. Like he put up some games laid in the season that and early in the season he caught that game winner from all wins, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So it's you know, I think he did enough as a rookie to say this guy's eighty five right now because he might be one of the rawest talents that we have at the position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so much. That's so I think so much that number is like predicated on statistics. You know, I really think they've got an algorithm. Rhythm. They put everyone's stats in and then they say this is an algorithm.
Speaker 5: And that's what I hate by the computer because computer miss took me out to get a national championship in college.
Speaker 4: So I hate when you let the computer hand rate Peter.
Speaker 2: I get ready, I has come it's time. I don't know.
Speaker 5: If y'all watch, it's somebody behind them. Them computers what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: They don't push the button no more. You're just watching that.
Speaker 1: So do you think Curtis is good to Y two or do you think that's all too high?
Speaker 2: I think he should be blessed. Yeah, he should feel good. Yeah yeah, because he's here.
Speaker 3: Since he's been here, I must say he's been underused, all right. So if I'm underused, but they're still showing me love, come on, I'm not. I'm literally eighteen points away.
Speaker 2: From one hundred.
Speaker 4: I think I think.
Speaker 5: I think Curtis is still like the eighty two shows you that what the league say, we haven't seen the best of him yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And here because what he was doing in Carolina, like bro, I'm waiting and I'm not saying it's on him. It's not no indictment to him. The offense has to allow him to be that special, and I feel like this is the offense for him.
Speaker 1: So see yeah, yeah, sure, Okay, So next position group that's out of strong safety Cam Curll obviously kind of the best player at that position for this team. Came in tenth, was an eighty three percent. How do we feel about that?
Speaker 5: I'm a Cam Carol fan, are I think when it comes to the season he had last year, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: With eighty three. He was injured early, he was injured mid When he was in there, no doubt who he.
Speaker 1: You have the guys that are head of him, be any chance?
Speaker 2: Well, I know the guys you got. You got Justin Simmons, you got the honey Badger.
Speaker 1: All those guys arehead of him them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm time to proofs ain't in the pudding.
Speaker 3: Like like you said, like his ability, his availability was off at the beginning of the year. And think about it, if he would have played the whole year, he would have been one of the reasons they've been like, oh, their.
Speaker 2: Top five defense and Cam Carroll. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He didn't get that stump because they like, well, he didn't play, but so many like I've no lie. I know y'all ain't gonna like this. This won't be popular, but most people would have gave Defro more proper Ar's performance.
Speaker 2: I think Cameron Carroll.
Speaker 1: I think I saw somewhere that he was rated eighty two or something like that, very high rating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: We got Darwin James, who is my guy. Micka fitz Patrick's is the truth.
Speaker 1: I think he's getting over the hell though, Miss Micko fits Patrick.
Speaker 2: Give me some of that sentiment, those cracks smoking out of here.
Speaker 3: Then you got Kevin Beard, who is the underrated guy from uh Tennessee. Jessein Bates Booda Baker. I love some boot Baker.
Speaker 2: I think he's right. Don't you think he's a right?
Speaker 1: After looking at it, I think so, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's some guys that that you know, you gotta just you know, hey, Well, like I say, for us, for what Cam has done, he still hasn't had his best.
Speaker 2: Year, you know what I mean, had a year last year like a year's year.
Speaker 5: Of I think what also showed with Defro is when Cam wasn't there and he was there, you could see the communication part. Cam is vital to his game, you know what I mean, Like the things that Cam Cam put Defro in situations where he made the plays because Cam was out there being his safety, being that guy that hey, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: He was that quarterback that Defro needed.
Speaker 5: We saw Defro in the situation where you know last I think it was the last game where he was sitting out there and was like, man, how he got lost in that coverage, Like he.
Speaker 4: Didn't know wh to cover the guy? You know what I mean? So Cam is vital to all those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. And again we've said this before on the show, but like, I think his value to this team, to this team is higher than it is on the league because of that kind of communication understanding, putting guys in the right position to be successful.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So those are the rankings that are out that are that are relevant to the team right now. Obviously they haven't done defensive line rankings out yet, you know, linebackers secondary, or they've done secondary, but the line, o line, all that kind of stuff not done yet. So of these players, Payne, Allen, Chase Tress, who will have the highest Madden rating? Chris Wayne Baby, you think he'll be higher than John the Gold.
Speaker 2: Didn't toe Listen. He the best puna in the league.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't even know what the average rating for a punter.
Speaker 2: If he the best, let's just say it's ninety two.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, John, all right, let's just say.
Speaker 3: It's ninety two. All right, So the best Puna is ninety two. Tris is ninety too. He's the bist pawn of.
Speaker 5: Hands down the best pun But I'm but im sure they're not giving pun is no more than ninety So you think what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think I'm sure they didn't put Allen over Pain.
Speaker 4: Because because he's not that. You remember we was playing and they had the guy from Florida State.
Speaker 2: Shane leer No.
Speaker 5: Had the big foot man. He can kick almost the whole football field. Yeah, Sebastian Jenna Cassi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just did.
Speaker 4: I just did all the graph signing with him a couple of weeks ago. He was like ninety nine. You just knew his foot was just ridiculous. It was like, you know, not normal.
Speaker 1: So they say suggestion like Justin Tucker might be.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's the run Pain will be the highest all rights run.
Speaker 2: We will be the highest because he coming off the year of the boat, says.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Alan, then most of the end of these guys, he just got the big hot contract.
Speaker 2: They usually light you up mostly awful.
Speaker 5: How consistent have you been so paining? That was his best year last year. They're gonna put two seasons together and then rate you. So you said that it's an algorithm. So if you look at what Alan did the year before, then last year came back and still was the pro bowler, Allan should easily not say that Pain of no deserve.
Speaker 4: I think he should easily top those guys you know rated.
Speaker 1: I think that applies more to kind of like the all Star stuff, like the preseason voting. But I think the tennis point, it is kind of like a two season connection there, so I would agree. I think Alan's probably going to be higher. I think Pain's probably in the high eighties, high eighties, early ninety one, something like I.
Speaker 5: Would want him at ninety. I would want him at ninety from what he showed that he was. He was our best in line in last year.
Speaker 2: My boy Sweet should be an eighty seven at least. No, I agree it should be eighty.
Speaker 1: You don't give him any love, do we.
Speaker 2: No, nobody loves my sweet like he feels like I feel.
Speaker 5: Sweat is like the other guy sweats like that twin brother that doesn't have all the juice. The other twin has no honestly, you know how it's always a one twin missing something.
Speaker 4: But he ended up being the smartest. He ended up being the one that gets paid the most, you know what I mean? So what's one of those guys. He's still in a good spot man.
Speaker 1: You know, he plays big for you see a top ten that rusher, I think so, yeah, think about it though, I mean there's some really good He's a.
Speaker 2: Top ten edge Russian that gets outshadowed on his own team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by Chase name.
Speaker 2: Everybody like Chase is a name.
Speaker 3: When you say the name Chase Young, he carries more than Montell Swift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even though Monte with this big you know training, I mean, what's the nake come by for?
Speaker 3: You know all this, It's just that the name of Chase Young comes behind Joey Bosa and the rest of the Bosas in this this, this this factory that Ohio State got going on.
Speaker 2: But I think he's just had one.
Speaker 3: Day, gonna continue to get better and better and better. And when we look up one year, Monte is gonna have his best year and it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Probably be a year nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, he got like nineteen sacks.
Speaker 1: So okay, he's all thinking be hiats player, hopefully low nineties. But chase with chasing at ranked you think if you had, if you.
Speaker 5: Had to guess, I would look at what eight eighty three somewhere like eighty three. I think he's an eighty three just off of his name alone, what he did his rookie season. People still have that in the back of their heads, like, look, this guy, this guy's if he crank up, he's in real form.
Speaker 4: We can get that out of him this year at least, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Okay, So now we've got a whole bnch of new kind of kind of budding talents on the roster. Okay, We've gotten uh, Sam Howe, We've got Emmanuel Forbes, We've got Jamie Davis, we got Logan Thomas. Right, So Logan Thomas not a budding talent, but a guy coming off of an injury, that kind of thing. What should ratings for guys like that be? Do you think Sam How I'm gonna start with Sam how What's what's Sam?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: Alright, we know they're gonna bless it. They're gonna bless him. You think no, when I say blessing.
Speaker 4: I'm not in a bad way.
Speaker 3: In a bad way, I guess I'm talking about they probably go Salem every bit of seventy s.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's giving him.
Speaker 1: Like, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: But he gonna have to earn every point that he gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I think he's gonna be in the seventies starting off, really, and I.
Speaker 1: Mean obviously they change the matter ratings now so he can grow as the season goes. Yes, yes, yes to me. One of the most interesting ones is Jamion Davis. I think because Jamion Davis is a guy that played better as the season one on last year. The more he's played, the better he's gotten. I don't think he's gonna get a lot of love in terms of ranking to start the season, but a guy that, again I think could grow.
Speaker 3: I think Jamie's selfers from what I call regular name idis. You know in football, if your name regularly, you get love.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know your name is regularly.
Speaker 1: It's certainly not Fred Smooth.
Speaker 3: So you know some people have names they stick out, the mouth sticks out. He just pokes it in the face and then I come out and be like yeah, ray Lewis and him Jamond Davis, like in just a regular name.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna have to outplay his name sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let me see this, okay for sure. Okay, So what is his ranking for this season? Eighty eighty eighty in the eighties. Yeah, in the eighties. I feeling like seventy nine. For some reason, he's just gonna you know, because.
Speaker 4: I feel what you're saying, because the league they respect.
Speaker 1: I think because it was four games, you're like, okay, there's that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But other than that, it's been a growing process for him.
Speaker 5: He showed that no, that wasn't meant for me, like he was solid, and then we lost our middle lineback and he had to kind of conduct things that probably wasn't in his you know, his repertoire. But he's still handled his business, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, you know, I'm alright in the eighties, I think in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I buy that. We'll be Logan Thomas. I think he's I think we've talked about this on the show a ton. I think he's poised for a huge year, but injuries, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not sure if they're looking at him as one of the good great like one of the best tight ends. They'll probably give him seventy they'll probably give himself seventy seventy nine. Such a I'm a fan of Logan Tom. I think at his best physically, he could be one of the top seven ish tight ends in the game. Ye I didn't want to go to and say five, but I feel like that.
Speaker 4: One year where he got his money.
Speaker 1: He was easy like top five, you know tenn I agree he's in that kind of range.
Speaker 5: So the potential is there if we get that Logan Thomas back this year, which I believe we do because you know, you know, we all played this game and one of the one of the things.
Speaker 4: To go through is the toughest thing to go through is an injury.
Speaker 5: And not only the part of getting back, it's the part of when you got back and people looking at you as like if you ain't that guy no more because of the production or the opportunities, wasn't there. So I think he went through that last year and this offseason is probably one of those wake up like, look they finna feel me.
Speaker 4: You know, I know I went through that.
Speaker 5: I remember, and mine's happened very early. I remember going home that offseason after my first year being a rookie and like, man, they ain't seen nothing yet, Like they looking at me as just you know, mid, I'm mid Now, you know, I'm Finn.
Speaker 4: Show these guys that I'm top green, I'm I'm that cush when it comes to what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm the top of the line, the red half. I'm great when it comes to what I'm what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: So, you know, and I remember how my off season was.
Speaker 5: I went out there, it was it was it was before the Super Bowl even having and guys like you're working out already, Yeah, because I got to come with it, you know what I mean. So I believe Logan had one of those wake up calls last year because he was back and he really wasn't himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wanted to show everybody this year that I'm Logan talking.
Speaker 2: He'll be back.
Speaker 1: Deserve that check, Yeah, especially because he had a great offseason. I think, yassah. So Emanuel Forbes, he's a rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go no respect, He's what we got seventy five.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can't put them over Jahan, right, No, I'm like.
Speaker 2: I'm saying seventy five.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Yeah, they might give him a sixty nine seventy.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: You know how they do rookies, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then him being one hundred and seventy pounds, they show ain't finna give him like his strength throw there will probably be like.
Speaker 2: Three. They're gonna give him no long like I know because I'm.
Speaker 4: I am him him.
Speaker 2: Were you in Madden?
Speaker 1: Were you before Madden?
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm mad A Long?
Speaker 1: You're old though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, he was. He was. He was John Lway football.
Speaker 2: Were no Tech mobile we was, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man was what ninety ninety nine?
Speaker 3: You're in there?
Speaker 2: We was O one.
Speaker 1: We came out of one all pixelated and weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't even look at my face. But A Long with that scene, that name on the back of the jersey. We were good.
Speaker 1: I wasn't being in the game for the first time.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was cool, but you got to think about it. We was in college on. We was in college football game. We was on the college was on game breaker was a you know that was our college.
Speaker 1: It was because they it was before they switched it out, but but Madden was always but they didn't have the name though.
Speaker 2: Did you hear us have the name?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't have it, but you knew knew number six one on outside and you knew when he line backing the port return who that was.
Speaker 4: I mean, that was great. I mean, but Madden was like the ultimate, like that's you, you know what I mean? And I didn't play the game.
Speaker 5: I would literally play the game one time with myself just to say I did it.
Speaker 4: But other than that, I wasn't Madden day did you every day?
Speaker 1: Look at it?
Speaker 2: Great point of your from the video game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I saw. I was gonna ask you what your highest Madden rating was, but I screwed up the script and I printed them on all the scripts, so you can't guess. But Tannel, what was your highest mad rating?
Speaker 4: What the script says ninety two?
Speaker 1: It should be blank. So I'm sorry, No, it's cool.
Speaker 5: It's cool because like I you know, I shared before. I wasn't big on finding out my rating, you know what I mean? Like, I look, I'm one of my worst critics. I know what I did the season before or didn't do, you know.
Speaker 1: So just going two thousand and seven was the year you got the ninety two.
Speaker 5: And that's crazy because six I didn't have a great year, But you know what I'm saying, So for me to get there for two thousand and seven, I'm like, wow, that's great. Oh five was my best year here, and then when I was a jet O, three was my best year. So you know, it was always one of those up and down things. But the one thing, that one thing that I that mattered the most of me when it came to rating me was my speed. I wanted to make sure that I had ninety plus. It didn't have to be ninety nine. I wanted to make sure it was in the nineties all the time because I felt like that was valuable to me. Like if I could line up there and be ninety something speed, it didn't matter what my ratings was.
Speaker 4: You raising me on blocking and everything.
Speaker 5: Else, which I was ahead of a blocker for to be a five nine, to have receiver and one hundred and ninety pounds.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to make sure I flyped by.
Speaker 5: I flew by everybody and they normally had my speed up in the nineties right speeding out.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is two thousand and nine. Can't be my best one.
Speaker 3: I was headed after lead at the time eighty four. No, my highest one was probably when I was going the year at the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Just got paid.
Speaker 2: Most definitely the ninety.
Speaker 1: You think my research is wrong.
Speaker 2: Your research research come to me. It's a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: About I mean, that's what it said.
Speaker 2: That's come back completely rocked.
Speaker 4: And you said something about Logan at Hill like when you bring up your they always know.
Speaker 2: Right about him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even say what my record was because it was seventy. You know, I barely was in the game.
Speaker 4: He Logan, you was a hell of a blocking tya. I'm gonna tell you. I was very impressed with what you can do.
Speaker 5: I told you often I thought that we should have just changed you to a tackle because you probably topped down tackles when it.
Speaker 4: Came to blocking.
Speaker 2: So hey, first of all, I threw the ball at you allotted, man.
Speaker 1: So appreciated.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So now our last segment, it's called Farmer Fred, Okay Tanner. You know Fred talks about being an outdoorsy guy. Right now, I don't know. I like to go Cassie and farmer Vegetable so we're gonna see if you're ready. That's why you just took my pain I did. I took your paper, all right? Okay? Ready? Yeah? So first question, what is the difference between English and Western saddle? It's the you don't even know this, is it not?
Speaker 3: It's the hole right there the horn on it because the Olympus use English English, and it's without the horn right. The Western ears with the horns. So when I get on my horse, I grabbed the lug right there and kicking in the lee.
Speaker 2: Out of him.
Speaker 1: Now, so that is one difference.
Speaker 4: Also, he knows because I'm like this, dude, non.
Speaker 1: English saddle, you sit a little higher in the saddle right like in the Western you're like sitting on the horse right right. So hey, I wasn't. I'm impressed that boy.
Speaker 2: He knows it all allright.
Speaker 1: Round two? What is braggis?
Speaker 2: Bregas is a type of cattle. Oh my gosh, ain't it's the beef cattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a type of beef cattle mixed in angus and brahma branis. Yeah. I am in Tanna.
Speaker 4: Did you know? I thought that was a learning school right now where you learned this from you know living.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this one's tough if you get it. I mean it's a miracle. What are three of the five major crops from West Virginia?
Speaker 2: Oh, from West Virginia. You got corn?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh is it a week? Because it is mounting. It is mountain in Lowlands.
Speaker 1: I'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, you take the mountain in Lowland. So you got Hey, so you got corn mountain.
Speaker 4: I mean, hey, this The.
Speaker 1: Other ones are kind of weird, like my last it's.
Speaker 4: One of the One of them is your friend, your favorite friend.
Speaker 1: Friend usually like this. Yeah, tobacco, tobacco.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because because Virginia.
Speaker 1: Then that was a tough one. The other one is apples, random and so apples.
Speaker 2: Most of the apples come from wind Chester.
Speaker 1: But that's in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Winchester, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying soybeans. A little surprised by soybeans.
Speaker 2: Kind of grow everywhere. Beans grow there because of the code. It's in the ground. It's in the ground, cleans the wall.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Fred learning all sorts of stuff. Okay, I don't even know if I can read this question. Name two of six major types of grass, feed blue, right to nails, a couple of yeah blue rye, and then I don't even know what this is. He fixes bermuda, grass and tail. All right, Fred knocked it out of the part. I think the conclusion is Fred is a farmer. I thought I thought for sure. I thought for sure the bragus would get you, and I thought that get you.
Speaker 3: Heydu he mann, nowitch, I'm impressed, Fred, I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, man it come up with the.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's the end of the show. Be sure to rate and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and check out command Center. Every Wednesday on the Commander's YouTube.
Speaker 2: Page, rats had a whist and staff.
Speaker 1: All right, we got Commander's content every single day, but this week we got something special. Training Camp is on the Horizon. We come live to you from Training Camp five times. Our first show is Thursday, July twenty seventh this year, so make sure you don't miss that exclusive training Camp coverage. On Mondays, we have one on one interviews. Make sure you turn in and see who we're talking to you this week. Tuesdays is this podcast. So if you're listening, great, continue to listen. Thank you, so much. Wednesdays is the main show Command Center. Thursdays, we Got Tannis takes what takes you This week.
Speaker 4: Tanner, I'm talking best matchup for the Commanders this year.
Speaker 1: Best matchup. Hum I can't wait to hear that. One Friday's We Got Logan Lives in the Comments that really should be Fred Logan and Santana live in the content comments. We love getting your questions. We've got some for you each and every day of the week. Be sure to like and subscribe to our YouTube page to never miss any exclusive Commander's news or content.
Speaker 5: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.