Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right. Time to bring in Chad Millman, co host of the Favorites. We always call this sharp or square, all of our odds provided by DraftKings. We will start because Chad and I were texting the other day on the wildfires and the devastating damage in southern California. You know, it's interesting, Chad. One of the things I try not to fall into, and it's just rampant on the internet, is making things political when they don't necessarily need to be, you know, and the areas that were devastated, Malibu and Palisades, specific Palisades. I've actually driven around a lot over the last several years because I was looking to buy a home in Pacific Palisades. And one of the reasons I didn't, and my wife and I didn't is because the inaccessibility of these windy roads and canyons. And I had said to my wife, if I got into trouble or had a heart attack, I mean it could take forty minutes for somebody to get here you an ambulance. And so you had this, You had four concurrent wildfires, eighty mile an hour winds, which meant planes were not allowed to fly over and drop water. So two things happened. Four concurrent wildfires historically bad wins, not even in fire season, and you couldn't use planes. It's like the world's worst tsunami. You can blame the Coastguard. You can't prepare for it. And if people don't know this area and Topanga Canyon and Malibu, they have no idea what this place is like like most people that work nine to five. You can't live in Malibu because you can't get in and out of it in the morning. So you know, people are making this to completely. And I voted for Rick Caruso over Karen Bass, you know, because I thought the city needed somebody who was a development a builder for their homeless issues. I thought he could really solve that and he had a real detailed plan on this and I got nothing four against Karen Bass. But sometimes things happened historically and you can't prepare or solve it. And I'm not saying I mean they had these water tanks available. They blew through three of them, millions of gallons of water, very very quickly. They could have had six of those reservoirs, not three. It wouldn't have solved it. So it's one of those things for people asking me, do we have to make it political? Like this thing was historical. People don't understand the day of those They told you a day out in Los Angeles two days before there was a weather warning and they put the list of how strong the winds would be, and everybody in town was like, Oh, this is trouble. This is big trouble. So there was some sense it could be, it could be happening. But and now there's arson. There's there's discussions of arson on some of these later fires. But I'm okay. The firefighters are amazing, but I don't think people understand this region. This area is a jungle. It is trees and canyons and narrow roads. And the fires were so intense on the flat lower levels it made it very difficult to get up and solve the upper tier, the upper parts of it. So that's my rant on it. I'm fine. I've got friends who have lost homes. It's gutting, it's awful, it's terrible. But I just wish people sometimes not everything would have to be about politics.
Speaker 3: This was a historically bad two days of four concurrent wildfires, an eighty mile an hour winds.
Speaker 1: And four concurrent wildfires. By the way, if you look at the maps, it's not isolated to four sections of Greater Los Angeles that are all right next to each other. You can go from the Palisades to Pasadena, which are not on top of each other, and you're getting massive fires in both places. I, like you, have been struck by people who are saying this isn't global warming, this is the City of Los Angeles' inability to manage the catastrophe by not having water or not having police and fire where they need to have them. It all strikes me as a little disingenuous, because in either capacity, something is causing this. It's not the police and fire and lack of water that are causing eighty to one hundred mile and how or winds. And I don't really understand why it has to get political at all. Like you, someone's got to get people out, someone's got to go manage the fire. They are doing the best job they possibly can. I'm always struck by when I'm driving around LA, especially in the hills, how the entire area is constructed like a Jenga set. Right. You see, there's a house on every single inch of property going up these winding roads. I know Palisades a little bit less and it's astonishing to me the way the city and the hills, especially houses have been constructed there. It's not surprising when you're seeing an area that is so compact with housing. The fire is jumping from one place to the next. There's no opportunity for it to stop because there's so much fuel there. It is as someone who's three, you know, a thousand miles away and has a lot of friends like you who are in the area, it's frightening to watch. It's frightening to see the stories that are coming out of there. It's frightened to see the images. It's it really truly is apocalyptic. It's yeah, it's astonished.
Speaker 2: I ended up buying a home in an area that is easy to access, get in and out of, about you know, five miles away from Palisades, but it's a jungle when you drive through it, it's this lush, gorgeous trees, brush canyons. It's it's my first take driving through it was, oh, I can't live here. It's just too hard to access. So you're asking these brave and courageous firefighters and these people of La County, who are remarkably courageous, strident, tough. You're asking them you can't use planes. The winds are eighty miles an hour. People are running out of their cars. It was it was a scene from an awful movie. And listen, it's it's just when you get these natural disasters. Boy, everybody's looking for perfection and everybody's pointing fingers. There are so many people, a thousand homes. I mean, you will look at area aerial footage now, you cannot believe, Chad, what it looks like. It is literally like a zip code, every house burnt down.
Speaker 1: It's awful. It looks like it looks like what we see when we get images from war torn countries where it's just buildings and cars that are completely burned out, except it's in the middle of one of the wealthiest areas in the entire country. It's it's astonishing and devastating to look at it, truly is. It's stunning. Yeah. So just just I'm glad you're okay. I'm glad you're okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I know this is a somber tone, but I just you know, I thought about this today. People, I've gotten I've gotten fifty texts in the last two days, and I'm more of the lucky I'm one of the lucky key ones I've got. You know, some kids around that you know, have kind of been on pins and needles. But it is, uh, there's there are some heroes and all this stuff because there were houses.
Speaker 1: It ever make you want to leave California.
Speaker 2: You know, my wife's not a fan for a lot of reasons. Uh the expense. You know, it's every place has their issues, as that's pretty been pretty well documented. I have purchased a place in Chicago, and so I'm spending more and more time in Chicago because my wife has given so much to me in our relationship and sacrificed and I've never sacrificed for her and living by her family, and I love the people that's out in California. There's so many things I love about it. But you know, my wife's not as big a fan, and she misses her sister and her family in the Midwest. And by the way, I love Chicago and I still love la but you know, it's just just just one of those things where I don't want to ever use a singular reason for being mobile. I like Connecticut. You know, people always used to poke fun at Connecticut. It's boring, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I was there a decade. It was fine.
Speaker 2: I had great friends, great neighbors, high schools were great. My kids loved it. So I think there's a lot of places in this country to live. And I think the people in every place I've lived in Nevada, Oregon, Washington, California, Connecticut. I spent a lot of time in Rhode Island. Everywhere I go people are great. Sometimes the politicians aren't, sometimes the regulations aren't, but the people are amazing everywhere I go.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you know how much I left Chicago as a Chicago in or you know, kid from the suburbs of Chicago. I did see your picture the other day wearing your new fancy winner coat, and I felt like he needs to wear a hat, Like it's you can't just go with a coat. You got a layer and you got to wear a hat. Yeah I did. It's really important, especially like we're you live in the city. Where are your places? You got wind tunnels coming down there. I know that's dangerous right there.
Speaker 2: I know I wore a hat later in the day. Okay, let's start.
Speaker 1: I will tell you one thing and you'll appreciate this. I know people don't want to hear weather talk, but I will. I will tell you one story and people will like this. So you know, when we on the Favorites on the Volume Podcast Network, we do a contest every year, a season long pick of contest. We give away one hundred thousand dollars over the course of the year. Don't worry, it's not your money, Colin. I just want you to know we're not giving away your money, but we do give away. The winner of the season long contest gets forty thousand dollars first place prize. So we had the winner on the show today. The winner, by the way, discovered the Favorites podcast because he's a fan of Colin Cowherd and over the years he has seen me either on television with you at ESPN or on this show with you through the Volume and the various things that you've been kind enough to have me on and now with The Favorites on the Volume Podcast Network. So that's how we discovered us. His job, he is a farmer in bow Bell's, North Dakota, which is a speck of a town with three hundred people. And he lives outside bow Bells, which is within the Canadian border shouting distance, right. So of course I'm like, you don't get I said to him, you don't get days off as a farmer. And North Dakota gets cold. What kind of coat are you wearing it to stay warm? And so we went through he's layering. He's got a good car heart coat. That's how he stays warm when he's in the tractor and he's watching red Zone while he's making bets. That's how he's doing it. I feel like you need to make sure you're layering. I just want you to be comfortable when you're in Chicago. I don't want you to find any reason.
Speaker 2: People also like those two cities in the country get criticized more but are more fun to be in than Los Angeles. To Chicago, La can be a ball. I absolutely love Chicago. I've said my favorite city in the world is London. My second favorite city is Chicago.
Speaker 1: Dude, my favorite city in the world is London. Oh, my second favorite city is Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the fourth person in the last month who has said the exact same thing. I was just talking to a lady the other day about something. She said the same thing. She was a director in Hollywood who was on the Fox lot. And I, my wife couldn't live in London. It's a bit dreary and gray. But I grew up in the coast of Washington. I could live in London tomorrow. If if I retire tomorrow and just it's over, I would be in London in Chicago, and you know, I would occasionally go for a sunny week in Miami or something. But I for those listening, if you've never gone to London, do it in your lifetime.
Speaker 1: It is historic.
Speaker 2: It is beautiful. The architecture, the people, the parks, their taxi system, the food's gotten much better, the nightlife, the pubs. It's just fantastic.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's every alley you can imagine, oh history that happened there. It's you know, I met Stacey, I met my wife in London. We were both students, and I wanted to move back. For the past thirty years, I'm dying to go back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you if you save up enough money and you have a budget. Kensington, Paddington, maryle Born, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, oh god, this we can do a whole podcast just about we're to live in London. Oh I love it all right. People would love that too.
Speaker 2: All of our odds provided by DraftKings. I'm gonna take Ohio State minus six against Texas, and I think Chip Kelly's a big advantage for Ohio State this season. So it's the first time college football playoffs or the NFL. We're gonna play sixteen games, and I think over the course of a season Ohio State we think about that Michigan game, but they've really changed their offense, added layers to it. And like the NFL, the Chiefs lost to the Raid late last year, that's okay, Well, it's now okay in college football you can be awful at home against Michigan and get into the playoffs. I have watched Ohio State's last two games and the games before Michigan. I think they're unbeatable at the college level. I think they're playing with a violence on defense, an explosion, and a consistency on offense. I think Will Howard had one awful game and a couple other average ones. I think he's really good. And my problem with Texas is always the same thing. They're a splash offense. They will score, but they are not consistent penalties pass blocking when yours is hot and cold. I think Ohio State is going to run through this thing to the national championship. What do the guys say, sharper square.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit square, and there's some recency bias that is going into your thinking. I'm with you. I think that the way Ohio State has played. We talked about this heading into the playff the Ohio State fans were so caught up in losing to Michigan. They had kind of lost the forest for the trees and didn't understand the new dynamic in college football, which is doesn't matter who you lose to during the regular season. You just got to get to the playoffs and then you got to dominate, and then you can judge success based on that. Winning or losing That one game against Michigan is not the key factor in whether or not your season has been successful. So kudos to Ryan Day, Kudos to Chip Kelly, Kudos to that staff for turning around their season and coming out of the playoffs into the playoffs so hot, so dominant, doing things that they hadn't been doing during the regular season. Really utilizing Jeremiah Smith in a way that makes him look like a man amongst boys. However, the same recency bias that is making you think Ohio State is the right side is also making this number leak a little bit higher than it should. Right. The power ratings on this are basically Ohio State minus three, maybe minus four. It's at minus six and as good as the Ohio State defense is, Texas defense has been as good all season long. Some people will say the best defense we've seen that defense and what they've done quin yours. Yes, he's been inconsistent and we saw sort of the peak of their inability to move the ball offensively when they played Georgia in that SEC title game, but their defense kept them in that game the entire time. Wise guys will tell you, sure, quin Ewers hasn't been consistent, but he did get hurt in the last couple of games. He's been much much better than he had been as he was coming back from the injury. So I do think that the wise guys here are looking at Texas because the number has gotten a little too big. It's almost a touchdown. Six points. That's that's just a lot of points.
Speaker 2: So it's been a year in which I tend to play underdogs, and it's been a favorite year. And so I've had a really bad year betting NFL. And if you look at college football and pro football this year, it's look at the playoff. It's been the year of the favorites. Now, some people tell you because of the new kickoff in the NFL, where the ball can get put at the thirty five yard line, it's giving good quarterbacks an advantage over the course of a game on possessions that they didn't necessarily need to win. All eight divisions were won by the eight best quarterbacks in their division. It had become a quarterback centric league a decade ago. That was an edge the new kickoff rules that new that the better quarterbacks didn't need. They were winning despite that, and now they're winning in clear fashion. That said, I'm going to take the Steelers plus nine and a half against the Ravens. Zay Flowers is out. I know Pittsburgh hasn't been playing well, but I I just watched Baltimore klobber Pittsburgh. I do know this. Pittsburgh has a ton of pride, very good on defense. Baltimore in the playoffs. Memo to nobody to everybody that's watched them the last six years. They tend to play better in the regular season than the postseason. This number is out of whack to me. I'll take Pittsburgh plus nine and a half sharper square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sharp. The number got to ten and now it got back down to nine and a half, so there was some buyback there. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a little bit lower. It was much higher. It was much lower. Earlier in the week it was just seven and a half, and when it was seven and a half, it got meed up quite a bit by the wise guys. You mentioned a couple of really important things, and this is something I'm going to spend a lot of time in the offseason doing. Is really taking a look at the impact of the new kickoff rules on how teams covered or didn't cover, and did it really favor the favorites, because I think there was sort of some unintended consequence here. If you have a good quarterback and you're at the third you complete two passes, all of a sudden you're on the other side of the field. If it's fourth and short, you might be more inclined to go for it earlier in the game on fourth down because you feel like, well, I might have a chance to get back here more quickly because of the way the kickoff rules are, and I also think coaches are just more inclined to go for it on fourth down. So a combination of the kickoff rules and more aggressive decision making based on the analytics has made it easier and more likely that favorites are going to cover. Will that be a trend that goes forward, We don't know yet. I want to have a year's worth of data now that we have it, to look at it and review, because I think it's fascinating and I think it will be something that people have to make adjustments for going into next year. On this game, you mentioned the game they played on the twenty first of December. That game was pretty close through about three quarters. It was the last ninety seconds of the quarter when things started to go out of control for the Steelers, right, But one of the big factors in that game, Joey Porter, missed the entire second half. When he was out, it went from the Steelers having a little bit of wiggle room to stay close to meeting to all of a sudden be perfect, and they couldn't be perfect rustled through that pick six. They lost thirty four to seventeen. So this is a huge number in a game where people are thinking about the Steelers, who, by the way, that was the second game of what became a four game losing streak in which they didn't score more than seventeen points. The Ravens haven't scored fewer than thirty points since early December, so there is a huge We're talking about recency bias right with Texas and Iowa State. The recency bias in this game is massively in favor of the Ravens, which is when you want to play the Steelers. Also, this series, historically, it's never this big even number and it's always a game that's within the spread. So that's another reason why you might want to think about the Steelers.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are get in on the action at DraftKings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is a key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key tou scoring big is betting on them. At DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. A player scoring a touchdown, go to DraftKings sports Books app, download it, make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush it on the playoffs. If you're a new customer, you bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks. Get two hundred in bonus bets instantly by betting just five bucks. So score big Draftking sports Book during the playoffs. Download the app. Use the code colin cli N that will get you two hundred bucks in bonus bets. So if you want two hundred dollars in bonus bets, you got to put in the code colin only on Draft King Sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred game ambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Why or text hope and why four six seven three six nine In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visits CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Voyd and Ontario bonus bets Ekspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG, dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: My favorite bet of the weekend is Eagles at home minus four and a half. Jordan Love is not healthy, Christian Watson is not available. Now they have depth at wide receiver. But I thought before the concussion, I really thought Jalen Hurts was playing for about a month straight. I thought the offense was about as good as it could be.
Speaker 1: I thought, the.
Speaker 2: First of all, they are good enough to just run between the tackles, and they were doing that. Plus outside the tackles, plush, throwing deep. Everything was humming. Green Bay is a team Jordan Love us cut down on mistakes. But the organization told you in the offseason we're gonna we're gonna pivot off our identity. It's a little too much Jordan Love and he can be.
Speaker 1: A bit reckless.
Speaker 2: So they become a team kind of built to play with the lead power, run game, control the clock. You will not do that against Philadelphia. Their best hope as a good first quarter offense is to score early, control the tempo. But I think this is a game where Philadelphia will control the clock and Green Bay will be forced into situations to make splash plays, and Jordan Love and I like him, can get a little Sam Darnold on you really fast. I like Philadelphia a lot in this spot. Sharper square.
Speaker 1: So the wise guys were with you when the line opened at three and a half. There's a three and half. I betted at three and a half. At four, I bet it at four four and a half. It's getting into that range where you're still going to find professional betters who love the Eagles for everything you just said. But Matt Lafleur has a lot of respect in the betting community. He has been one of the better coaches against the spread during his tenure, especially as a dog. They are starting to see him as Mike Tomlin asking the way he can scheme not just the first fifteen scripted plays, but throughout a game and keep his team in a very close game, especially like four and a half points in a playoff game between these two teams is a lot. So there is a portion of the betting community that is looking to buy the Packers at plus four and a half from an on the field scheme point of view, everyone who's betting on the Eagles is doing it because of what you just said. Their defensive line, Jalen Carter, Jalen Carter. If you pull the players, which happens, you are allowed to vote for All Pro as a player. You can't vote for yourself or anyone on your team to play with the second most votes with Jalen Carter, like, he is just so good right now and so dominant and the one thing we know the Packers want to do, We've seen him do it all year. You see every graphic for every game that is televised with the Packers, some point in the first fifteen minutes of game time, you're going to see a graphic about how well the Packers do with Josh Jacobs and how dominant he is running the ball early in the game, and then all of a sudden, teams adjust, he doesn't run as well later in the game. It's left up to Jordan Love and they can't execute as well in the second half. So yeah, if people are betting the Eagles, it's because of what they can do defensively, not to mention, by the way, how good they are in coverage from the middle linebacker, from the linebacking position all the way through their secondary. Just powerful. Like if I'm buying a Super Bowl future right now, I might by the Eagles at plus seven hundred. The Lions are about plus two to eighty. Do I think there's that big of a delta between the lines and the Eagles, given how good the Eagles defense is, probably not.
Speaker 2: I like the Bucks at home minus three not the best of the line. But here's the issue. Baker Mayfield will have a great run game behind him. The Commander's run defense below average, The Buccaneers run offense is exceptional. Jaden Daniels, a rookie quarterback on the road, will have a run game that will struggle Vitavia, and the interior d line of the Bucks is pretty impenetrable. So if I go into a game and I get the veteran quarterback at home, that will have the complement of a strong run game that feels like about as good a bet as you can have. Bucks minus three sharper square.
Speaker 1: Totally sharp wise. Guys love this spot. They love a ball in Baker Mayfield against a rookie quarterback in the playoffs. We've got a couple spots here rookie quarterbacks slash quarterbacks who are playing in the postseason for the first time. Right, we've got three spots. We've got sam Donold, we got bow Knicks, we got Jayden Daniels. The wise guys love the Bucks here because of Bucky Irving, because of the running game, because they think the Commanders have been getting by on Jaden Daniels and a little bit of luck, and they've got six games. They won. In the final seconds of the game, they were barely they were losing to Trey Lance right with Jayden Daniels playing. It was Jaden Daniels out of the game. Marcus Mariota comes in like they were losing to the Eagles. They were going to get run off the field against the Eagles until Jalen Hurts got that concussion, and then they still needed a miracle to win that game because Kenny Pickett played well for about five minutes in that game, and it was the most important five minutes when the Eagles had to drive down the field and if not for Devonte Smith drop, they win that game. So the Commanders have been brilliant. Dan Quinn, great job. Jadan Daniels, rookie of the year. But this is the playoffs are a different ballgame, and the wise guys are seeing so much love from the public for the commanders there on the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: So Greg co Sell said something on my show today, and Nick Wright made fun of me this week. He goes in my hurt hierarchy, I had the Rams one spot below the Vikings, and he said, once you pick the game, you're going to pick the Rams over the Vikings, and you have the Vikings over the Rams. I said, no, no, no, And then Greg co Sell showed up on my show today and he said the Rams defensive line against the Vikings offensive line, the film tells you Minnesota is in trouble here. Yeah, and so the Rams are getting a point and a half. I'm going to listen to Greg co Sell. I'm going to go against my belief. I do get the better quarterback. I think I get as good a coach. I'm at home, and the Rams are as healthy as any team in the league right now. They have everybody, which is just remarkably good fortune. They were beat up until, like I mean, like November first. Yeah, Rams plus one and a half Sharper square, totally sharp.
Speaker 1: The line moved from two and a half down to one and a half. Honestly, it might be Rams minus one by kickoffs. So I do encourage people, if you're listening to this, try to get the Rams as an underdog if you can. That scenario, a new quarterback to the postseason versus a veteran quarterback that is historically at a very high percentage advantageous from a cover point of view to the veteran quarterback. And Matthew Stafford to me, we've talked about this before. If there are any quarterback I don't want to have the ball at the end of the game if I have bet the other side, Matthew Stafford is top five, right, Like it's it's Stafford, it's Mahomes, it's Josh Allen, it's a little bit of Lamar like those are the quarterbacks that you really are a Fred Joe Burrow, like, those are the quarterbacks that you're afraid of. Whise guys feel the same way. They love Matthew Stafford. The thing that gets interesting, and this helps you justify a little bit the hierarchy and why you had the Rams one below the Vikings. If you look at the Rams after that Bills game, where Matthew Stafford was nearly the play perfect and they played perfect football, and they played the kind of football that everyone who has been backing the Rams and loves the Rams knows they can play. It was a perfect Sean McVay game. Kyron Williams has been brilliant this year at top three running back in the NFL. Stafford has been very inconsistent with Pookah Nakua and Cooper Cup Like. There have been times where you think they're going to be brilliant and they're good for like a series, and so they lose to the Dolphins, They they get lucky beating the Niners, they struggle against the Jets. Like these things happen over the last month of the season. I think that's why you might have had them below the Vikings. But now the season has ended, the second season has begun, We're going to find out do we have the Matthew Stafford and Sean McVay and Kyron Williams that we all believe they can be. Because that's what betters are doing. Professional betters are saying, yes, we think they will have benefited from having this past week off and that the Vikings are starting on a downward trend, and Sam Donald might be a little bit happy feed because his offensive line isn't as good as it had been.
Speaker 2: There's always a game. I want you to explain to me. It is very easy to talk yourself into Bills at home minus eight and a half against a rookie quarterback. But Sean Payton has been really good on the road in the playoffs in his career. And I've watched Buffalo at different times year. I've watched their defense get shreded. I mean, you go back to the Rams game, that's the best. The Rams offense has been all you're against anybody, bad teams, good teams. They did whatever they wanted to do against Buffalo. I watched Drake May and New England give them trouble a couple of weeks ago. Something is telling me eight and a half's too big, But god, Buffalo could be such a freight train offensively tell me where I should go here.
Speaker 1: So look the wise guys that are completely split on this. It is being a stubborn, stubborn number. It was at seven and a half on Sunday night when the playoffs seedings were, you know, just about set for the AFC, and it lasted for a hot minute and then it was at eight and a half. And all these lines this week they've been bouncing around. You know, the Chargers in the Texans was three two and a half, three two and a half, and the Rams has gone from two and a half to one and a half, and even the Steelers and the Ravens has gone from seven and a half to eight and a half, nine, nine and a half, ten back down in nine and a half. This one was so stubborn it sat on eight and a half literally until late Thursday morning. It finally finally ticked up to nine. Because what's happening is there's money coming in from professional betters on both sides for everything you just said. They're afraid of this Bills defense. Don't forget the Bills used to do things like blow out the Dolphins, right they let the Dolphins stay in it. This year, their defense has just not been very good. The things that wise guys who want to bet the Bills like is that Bonnicks has just been much worse against zone than against man. The Bills play a lot of zone. A rookie quarterback in the first playoff game historically does not cover the spread. They feel like this is a game where Josh Allen can get everything right, and some times the Bills do blow out inferior opponents. The Broncos have been terrible against teams with a winning record one and seven this year minus thirty seven point differential. Sean Payton scares a lot of people. He is. He's one of those coaches, right Mike Vrabel, Mike Tomlin, Matt lafor Bill Belichick over the past generation, who guys do not like to bet against. In a big number, I think, what did it for me? I bet the Bills eight and a half. I could be wrong, it's a fifty to fifty split. What did it for me is I think the Bills are going to be winning, and I think Sean Payton's going to have to put Bonnigs in a position where he's got to make uncomfortable throws. And we've seen it often enough this year. Go back to that Bengals game. He threw the interception right to a guy right and they had the game locked up. So I think that could happen at the end of the game. And that's a next factor for me to bet on the Bills.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's stay away game. For me, Chargers minus three at the Texans, the Chargers win. Where do you land on it?
Speaker 1: I bet the Chargers. I bet the Chargers at two and a half. We talked a lot about this on the show today, and the wise guys are lining up behind Houston. I don't get it. It feels a little bit trappy to me. The team that the Texans have been all season. They're not going to be a different team all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden, inconsistent week to week, half to half.
Speaker 1: All year they've been inconsistent. CJ. Stroud has been terrible against two high safeties. That's what the Chargers like to play. The strength of the Texans defense is the pressure they can get from their defensive ends. The strength of the Chargers offensive line are their two Pro Bowl offensive tackles. Justin Herbert does not turn the ball over. To me, the key to the season and winning and I have been betting the Chargers consistently at the end of the season, and we've seen this over and over again. It's why I think favorites have been winning. Good quarterbacks You've talked about that whole year, impeccable, unimpeachable decision making. More and more it used to be. You know this, It used to be if you're a head coach, your only job on Sunday, manage the timeouts, be there to tell someone if they're going to go four and fourth down. Those decisions are becoming more important throughout the game. How you're managing the last two minutes of a half, going for it more often on fourth down. That used to be a variance of two to three times a game. Now it could be four or five times a game. Jim Harbaugh just beat the Broncos by managing the end of the first half in that game so well. That changed the game for the Chargers and change the game for the Broncos. So I don't want to bet against Jim Harbough is a short favorite, even though it's on the road and the wise guys are saying otherwise.
Speaker 2: Sharper Square Chad Millman, co host of the Favorites. As always, Buddy, I can't wait start starting tonight. We're doing this Thursday afternoon, Starting tonight, I'll take Notre Dame close over Penn State, low scoring game, probably like the under good talking to.
Speaker 1: You, good, talking to you, Glad you saved Buddy.
Speaker 3: The volume