Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to the S and P five hundred, folks. It's up seven days in a row. As Romaine was pointing out, it's up about two percent in those seven days, Katie.
Speaker 4: If I look at the.
Speaker 3: Trade, though, yet about half higher, half lower. So it's not like everybody was enjoying the move up to another record close on the S and P five hundred, it.
Speaker 4: Was slightly better.
Speaker 5: If you take a look at it through the lens through sectors, you had seven sectors in the green, just four in the red. What was leading the charge?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 5: Other than information technology up about six tenths of a percent as a whole consumertive discretionary also punching above its weight.
Speaker 4: So to different location services.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I always feel like I'm saying it's formal name, it's government name. That's just what the terminal takes.
Speaker 6: Call it it it there you go.
Speaker 4: I feel seel so outdated.
Speaker 1: It's like communication services.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't tell you, but tech information tech leading gains there. I will just point out healthcare having a bad day. It's been an interesting sector as of late, but right now interesting to.
Speaker 4: The downsill care. Now that's a name that's timeless.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know exactly what that is.
Speaker 4: We don't just call that HC. We have to call it healthcare.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's go to some of the individual gainers. I mentioned semiconductor outperformance, the socks outperforming.
Speaker 4: Thank you, AMD.
Speaker 3: We know this story. You guys have spent a lot of time talking about it. It's been really our big business story here on this Monday, AMD shares up as much as thirty seven percent at their highs today, finishing with a gain of just shy of twenty four percent. I mean, holy moly, Batman, the AI rally and the chip grab it is on in a big way. We've spent a lot of time just trying to figure out to spend the companies that are working together. I mean, does it all play out the revenues ultimately be there, and I feel like I guess time will tell, But anyway, AMD top gainer in the S and P and NDX that deal with open AI for our AI infrastructure could generate tens of billions of dollars in new revenue.
Speaker 1: A lot of memories, like when I would get off school as a kid and you watch the old reruns and like the original right word and Adam West.
Speaker 3: I know it was iconic, right, it was absolutely good stuff, good stuff, great mom and k Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're like, who I'm reminiscent?
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to another big gainer in today's session. I don't know if you guys checked out critical medals today. Take or see orml at its highs up one hundred and nine percent, finishing with a gain of forty five percent. This after Reuter's reported the Trump administration officials have discussed taking a stake in.
Speaker 4: The metal mining company.
Speaker 3: If finalized, deal would give the US government a direct investment in the largest rare earth's project in Greenland, again.
Speaker 4: According to the Reuters report.
Speaker 3: So again, this is something a theme we've seen about the US government taking potentially ownership stakes in various companies that they deem important to US security.
Speaker 4: And then Co America. We had a big bank deal.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget that fifth third bank or agreeing to buy co America for about ten point nine billion in stock.
Speaker 4: It would be the largest US bank deal this year.
Speaker 3: We've seen several bank deals happening, and again Komerica tim up about fourteen percent in today's session.
Speaker 6: All right, let's talk about some notable decliners in the S and P five hundred today. Among the worst performers on a percentage basis was Verizon Chick ticker vv Z actually shares closing the worst or worst one day drop, I should say, going back to April of this year. So some surprise news from the c suite. Hans Vestsburg out after what eight years? Is CEO since twenty eighteen, so seven years a CEO. Former PayPal CEO Dan Shulman coming in as CEO replacing Hans Vestberg. Vesburg will stick in the role of advisor to the company for the next year. He's going to help ensure a smooth transition, including the integration with Frontier Communications that purchase went through. Late Verizon has been losing subscribers in market share. It did shed fifty one thousand monthly mobile customers in the second quarter. Shulman actually he's known for eBay and PayPal, but he also had experience at AT and T Virgin Mobile, like more than twenty years ago. He was the founder of that company and he was there for ten years, and then he was at Nextel Sprint, So he's got some experience in the communications space once again. Shares down five point one percent, Street cred, Street cred. You know, I always thought of him as a Silicon Valley guy. That's kind of like when he got on my radar, and a payments guy. But so it's interesting that this is, you know, and he's been on the board for years too. Fifth Third Bank finishing down one point four percent. Carol talked about the increase in Comerica's session today, the acquire shedding one point four percent today, this after it announced a deal for about ten point nine billion dollars in stock. It is the largest US bank deal this year. We're going to be speaking with Herman Chan about this in just a few minutes. And then a late breaking edition. You did, I saw him on your air.
Speaker 4: We were really good?
Speaker 6: Was it good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thanks cool? Thanks for warming him up there.
Speaker 6: We did sort of like a whole hour on AMD Open Ai. Everything happening with sort of the Nvidia and the AI trade today. Yeah, it was it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we almost did too.
Speaker 6: You almost did not quite. This was a late edition app love and shares falling fourteen percent. They created right at three point forty one pm Wall Street time today. This was after Bloomberg News reported that the SEC has been probing probing app Lovin's data collection practices, specifically allegations at the company violated platform partners service agreements to push more targeted advertising to consumers. App Love and declined to comment on the probe, saying it regularly engages with regulators and would disclose any material developments through public channels. The SEC didn't comment due to a shutdown.
Speaker 1: All right, just real quickly, let's take a look at yields. We're going to look at treasury yields here in the US. You did see the move higher across the curve, with the longer end of the curve seeing the most action. But we should point out this was actually a global phenomenon. Remember, we had a lot of developments over the weekend, including the extension of that government shut down here in the US, a government in France that lasted what like less than the lifespan of a mayfly. And then of course you have a new potentially a new prime minister in Japan that is expected to also put some downward pressure on bond prices over there here. So globally you saw a little bit of a sell off when it came so comes a sovereignty.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.